[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /3/, I saw pic related the other day and started wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-04-16_12-11-34.jpg (22KB, 450x166px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_12-11-34.jpg
22KB, 450x166px
Hi /3/,
I saw pic related the other day and started wondering is it enough if you have a mouse with a lot of buttons and different functions assigned to them or a Wacom is the way to go?
I know Wacom is used for sculpting and sketching and shit but is it a good tool while modeling?
>>
>modeling with a pen
are you daft?
>>
Tools don't make the artist. Honestly, Michelangelo could sculpt the same things with a scapel ducttaped to his dick.
>>
>>519667

Sculptor here. Tried modeling with a pen, it's shite. This is why I do low poly in Zbrush now.
>>
>>519670
That's why I'm asking, he still needed scapel.
>>
>>519674
I wouldn't call someone who does low poly on Zbrush a sculptor. Please don't listen to this idiot.

Do you like to sketch OP? Sculpting on Zbrush with sketching approach almost always 99% done with a tablet.
>>
>>519761
And to answer your question, modeling with a tablet is about 25% faster and more accurate for me.
>>
>>519761

You appear to be the idiot. I make low poly models using zmodeler or dynamesh then add subdivisions later and sculpt on them. The point I was making is it's easier to polymodel in zbrush with a pen than it is in a 3d program.
>>
>>519762
What are the facilities that gives a tablet that doesn't give you a mouse with a shitload of buttons?
>>
The cheapest $8, three-button mouse for Maya. Cintiq for sculpting in ZBrush.
>>
>>519799
Don't you people use the keyboard?

I have 3 mouse with a shit load of buttons and I still use the keyboard more.

The tablet is good on the wrist and with practice you can rip through work quicker. That is why some of us use it over the mouse. I swap between the two.

I use my mouse more for navigating engines now than work
>>
>>519764
that depends on the program now

some apps have nice modeling flow with a pen. Maya xsi I and blender does
>>
I have a gaming mouse with 7 buttons and programmable profiles.
It makes my workflow faster because i use it in combination with keyboard shortcuts and i have to press less buttons.
I am witching between Pen and mouse regularly depending on what i want to do.
>>
>>520059
>cintiq for zbrush

get real. cintiqs are for drawing and painting. a $100 wacom or monoprice tablet is all you need for sculpting
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.