[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: gKrmI.png (399KB, 1675x1008px) Image search: [Google]
gKrmI.png
399KB, 1675x1008px
Been fucking with 3dsmax for the last 4 hours trying to get a working bitmap for my 3d model.

I basicaly want to 'convert' a material(Multi/Sub-Object type that has about 14 materials in it) to a bmp , png , or whatever
>>
Anyone knows how the hell I can make this work? I need the 'file' that puts all the textures in the right place. I tried "Render to texture" and when I tried to apply the texture to the 3d model , it was basicaly just a picture that kept looping on the object
>>
>>516826
>I basicaly want to 'convert' a material(Multi/Sub-Object type that has about 14 materials in it) to a bmp , png , or whatever
so you want to convert 14 textures to 1 texture?
>>
File: 96Drs.png (262KB, 1024x826px) Image search: [Google]
96Drs.png
262KB, 1024x826px
>>516828
This is what I have , as you can see , all the textures are already applied correctly to the model so I suppose there is already some file /mapping or how the hell should I call it.
>>
File: dXtIF.png (256KB, 513x512px) Image search: [Google]
dXtIF.png
256KB, 513x512px
this is the mapping of another 3d object. This is what I need , this is what I want to get from that 1 Multi/Sub-Object material if it's possible.
>>
>>516829
i think you should google "texture atlas"
>>
>>516831
trying that right now. if there are any other alternatives , let me know.

thank you
>>
File: 6Nhfy.png (1MB, 826x887px) Image search: [Google]
6Nhfy.png
1MB, 826x887px
this is what I managed to get with Render to Texture. look weird but it should work. the problem is the texture won't apply correctly , its just a looping picture.
>>
>>516833
I was going to write an explanation but I think this is too complicated for you now. You should read the sticky / practice / git gud
>>
File: 8dNIg.png (259KB, 1059x873px) Image search: [Google]
8dNIg.png
259KB, 1059x873px
what I got using atlas texture
>>
I uploaded all the filed needed. If anyone can provide me a working bitmap for the 3d model , I'd really appreciate it. The 3d model its made out of different meshes , I usualy attach them all in 1 single mesh so I can easily apply the bitmap.

https://4stor.com/8dNIg
>>
wrong link ..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ko0u2z3ktqm43o0/lighthouse.rar
>>
I think you do a trick with a second uv map set. Uv map the whole object onto a second uv channel and bake from the first with the multiple maps to the second with one set.
>>
File: l44u4.png (620KB, 794x806px) Image search: [Google]
l44u4.png
620KB, 794x806px
i got it to work , i didnt have to mess with 3ds max rendering setup etc.

Thank you.
>>
>>516844
GTA?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.