[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright im about to kill myself i cant get this fucking texture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: WTF2.png (422KB, 2560x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WTF2.png
422KB, 2560x1050px
Alright im about to kill myself i cant get this fucking texture to render for the fucking LIFE of me please Halp
>>
> applied it as a world texture instead of to the model
top kek
>>
File: materialdomain.png (64KB, 307x415px) Image search: [Google]
materialdomain.png
64KB, 307x415px
>>512532
You got the hierarchy wrong. Every object needs a material. After you've added one, go to the textures tab and select "Material" as texture domain, then add your texture and define how it influences the material.
>>
>>512532
For Blender Internal add a Material to the table, then just click the little Circle icon to the right of World.

For Cycles (this sounds like a lot but it's also just two clicks, I just described it in detail):
Add a Diffuse shader,

connect an Image Texture to the color channel; ideally in Node Editor (you're going to love it once you learn it) but for right meow you can click the little box next to the color and choose Image Texture

Either click Open and browse to the file, or because you added it to Texture panel you can click the drop down menu and select "Texture" (that's a shit name, ALWAYS name your shit, name everything)

You should really use Cycles, even though BI is "faster" by default you can make Cycles just as fast by setting it up properly but without getting BI's weird unrealistic renders.
>>
>>512911
This anon has summed it up pretty well.
>>
>>512911
cycles is shit
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.