[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Render

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: infinitevraydispskin.jpg (28KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
infinitevraydispskin.jpg
28KB, 600x603px
I'm looking for a new render thing, which one is the best between Arnold and Vray ?
>>
UE4 :^)
>>
VRay, if only because there is an abundance of high quality tutorials out there. Start with some shitty introductory tutorial, mess around for a bit then consider getting Grant Warwick's VRay course - it's the be-all and end-all of VRay courses.
>>
File: 1450840076877.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450840076877.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
U-Use IRay
>>
>>509735
this
>>509731
get this shit out of here, he is talking about rendering not real time.
>>
octane
>>
Arion
>>
>>509706
Arnold is so chill and easy you could learn it on a day. Learn V-ray, spent the day with Arnold, then take a look at Redshift.
>>
File: 1422574102631.png (200KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1422574102631.png
200KB, 600x451px
>>509706
Both are really good, but I would also suggest Vray, see >>509735

>>509774
> you could learn it on a day
lol, don't imply OP will learn to render in a day, that's just ridiculous..

Top commercial renderers:
> Renderman, Vray, Arnold
> Corona, 3Delight, Maxwell, Octane
> Others
> Mental Ray, Microsoft Paint
>>
>>509741
Toolbag is real-time and still an engine that is widely used in the community

UE4 is the same shit, just heavier.
>>
>>509741
Doesn't know that some studios have used ue to render their final shots
>>
>>509878
dreamworks for HTTYD tv show
>>
>>509735

I don't like V-ray that much. It's not intuitive like Visualizer or anything.

https://www.getvisualizer.com/
>>
>>509774
The only render shit you can learn in a day is Keyshot
>>
>>509899
*IRay
>>
File: my_kitchen_contact2.jpg (225KB, 1620x577px) Image search: [Google]
my_kitchen_contact2.jpg
225KB, 1620x577px
>>509887

I'm not even sure if you can compare the two. All the example shots on that site look like really bad 90s CG.
>>
File: 1389749608453.jpg (14KB, 279x229px) Image search: [Google]
1389749608453.jpg
14KB, 279x229px
>>509899
>render shit
>keyshot
love this guy
>>
File: Bar.jpg (2MB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Bar.jpg
2MB, 2550x1650px
I've also been looking for a new rendering program, but one that can utilize the GPU fairly well, so I've been looking into learning Cinema4D and OctaneRender and possibly buying a new rig to do so. I've been using Vray for a while now and while it's pretty decent, it takes a long time to render as it is limited by how much processing power you can give it. Does anybody have any insight or input? Here's one of my latest renderings out of Vray at fairly low settings.
>>
>>509909

All surfaces need some kind of bump and reflection map. That greenery has way too intense green, its almost neon, desaturate it a bit and make it darker. Lightning could improve.

All in all I think that interior is pretty ugly(thats personal taste) like something 30 or 40 years old. That piss yellow wood, that piss yellow floor. That stone look a like linoleum/vinyl on the wall and on the ceiling. Especially that stone vinyl makes the room seem smaller and claustrophobic, wouldnt want to live in.

>>509964

That one looks better, still surfaces look flat. The tiles on the bar are a bit too relfective, especially on the joints/seams. That black stone surface on top of the bar could also be less reflective and have a bit of unevens, smears and fingerprings(just subtly) Those wine glasses in the bar seem a bit cloudy. THe stone wall on the left could use some displacement. That pillar or the right, I dont know if that brick pattern is so small on purpose(like some kind of vinyl/wallpaper?) wood floor could also use some bump. There is some strange reflection/shine/caustics going on on the left barstool.
>>
>>509976
I know it looks terrible, that's why I posted it. It's not my work, it's one of the pictures used to advertise that visualizer thing. Suggesting that something like this can replace VRay is ridiculous, even if it is "more intuitive".
>>
>>509827

How bad is mental ray really compared to Vray and the like
>>
>>509983
Not bad. Mental Ray is quality, but so many tards don't know how to correctly use half of it. especially in Maya, there is a goldmine of shader utilities.
>>
>>509989

That's good to hear.

It's true that the mental ray material nodes have a lot of attributes.
>>
>>509983
you have more control with mental ray but in vray you get a nice result really easy. and arnold is easier than vray, keyshot is the easiest. but at somepoint you need control and mentray is almost to the point of too much control with so many settings it is hard to keep track of what does what and what is important
>>
>>509983
in skilled hands they're functionally equivalent
>>
arnold + al shaders is fucking great and fast
>>
clarisse. the people that made star wars used it.
>>
>>509964
Octane eats V-RAM for breakfast and demands even more. I don't know how good the implementation with C4d is but i can tell you that:
Arnold on C4d is great, pretty fast and stable.
V-Ray on C4d is not stable nor is it fun to work with, it also is way behind the 3dmax/Maya version of the plugin in terms of functionality and version number.
I-Ray and Redshift are coming for C4d this year.

I
>>
>>510170
yep, but it's also a matter or convenience, completeness and effective workflow, in which mental ray fails sometimes.. rendering was always a pain in the ass until I switched to other renderers

also, the "industry" mostly doesnt use it anymore, so why bother being an expert with it

as >>509827 said , renderman, vray and arnold are the quality stardard these days. redshift works differently but is supposedly very good
>>
Only skim-read this thread as I'm busy but my all time favourite render system was cebas finalRender
>>
File: clarisse.jpg (81KB, 522x270px) Image search: [Google]
clarisse.jpg
81KB, 522x270px
>>510234
Thanks for the tip, Clarisse is really fucking great.
I just rendered the forest scene from the example folder.
> 90+ Million Polys
> Takes 1Gb of Ram
>>
Renderman is free btw
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.