[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon that posted the coblestone normal map the other day,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: CoblestoneNormalsMap.png (388KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
CoblestoneNormalsMap.png
388KB, 512x512px
Anon that posted the coblestone normal map the other day, here with a version 2.
>>
File: CoblestoneDiffuseMap.png (407KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
CoblestoneDiffuseMap.png
407KB, 512x512px
>>505175
Diffuse
>>
File: CoblestoneColorFreeMap.png (223KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
CoblestoneColorFreeMap.png
223KB, 512x512px
>>505176
And color free if you wanna make your own diffuse map.

Comments and opinions are welcome.
>>
uh thanks I actually need this for my current project, thanks!
>>
>>505175
I feel like the cement is the bumped surface on your normal...
>>
Thank anon, but you could've just posted it in your previous, and still very alive, thread
That said, do you have a page where we can see your works?
>>
>>505197
You can invert green/red in your software of choice if you're seeing the bump go the wrong way.

>>505199
Sorry about that, I looked in the catalog but didn't see it, I must have just missed it.

I don't have a page, I'm actually not really doing anything, I haven't had time to work with anything 3D related in like six years.
>>
Why a second thread about this?

Do you want to build a wall or what
>>
>>505223
>Why a second thread about this?
Why not read? You'be literally replied a day after your question was answered. >>505200
>Sorry about that, I looked in the catalog but didn't see it, I must have just missed it.

Or did you just ask for the sake of that halfassed attempt at a lame wall joke?
>>
>>505175
Nice inverted normal map faggot
>>
>>505546
There is no one convention anon, different software uses different RGB to XYZ conversion. Next time you anons faggots you've best ensure your not being the archfag yourself.
>>
>>505549
Let's not forget there's even normal maps that only use the Red/Green channel, called Derivative Normal Maps. The Blue (Z) axis is calculated on the fly in the pixel shader based on the X/Y values. Saves a decent amount of room in memory if your scene is heavily normal mapped. There's a node in Unreal and ShaderFX for calculating the derivative Z.
>>
>>505546
Don't see you posting any normal maps you made, anon.
>>
>>505805
lol it's inverted.
He is right. It is upside down. Flip the green channel gayboy
>>
bitmap to normal. u still fuck it up.
noob
>>
File: NormalTest.png (329KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
NormalTest.png
329KB, 640x640px
>>505808
Are you retarded or just pretending? Because we've already gone over this, there's no such thing as an inverted map, just an engine that handles it that way. I don't know what kind of software you're using, or how shit you're at handling normals, but the map is fine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.