[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Belnder Do This?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

So, Maya has this tool called "Transfer Attributes" that lets you copy various attributes of one object to another. In the video below, it is used to... Well fuck it. Just watch.

https://youtu.be/ZMuw0sfMKQs?t=516

Does Blender have a tool that does that, and if so, what is it? Anyone got a tutorial on how to use it?

Also, as a side question, is there a way to use Blender without the 3d cursor? It's honestly the only thing keeping me from enjoying the program.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>504658

For some reason, copying the video url at the appropriate time did not work. Start watching at 8:35.
>>
File: Capture.png (68KB, 758x751px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68KB, 758x751px
What kind of attributes? Just like Maya, Blender treats their objects like containers and shapes, you can transfer shapes between containers and shit like that. Saw a few minutes of that video from where you said and apparently the guy copies the shape of the quaded pants into the shape of the non quaded pants, right? I'm no expert in Blender but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I don't know if they'll transfer the UVs automatically though, but it can be done, the process is a bit confusing from what I can remember.
>>
>>504678
Those are meshes, not shapes.
>>
>>504684
They work the same way. Maya calls them shapes im more used to maya.
>>
>>504658
I don't think you can even flatten a model in blender like that. But there is shrinkwrap and remesh
>>
File: marvelous2.jpg (281KB, 1715x1149px) Image search: [Google]
marvelous2.jpg
281KB, 1715x1149px
>>504782
The guy in the video is using Marvelous designer, you make flatten shapes that will wrap around making the form of clothes, not the other way around
>>
>>504785
I'm downloading it, I'll try to do this and I'll write up again, check the thread.
>>
>>504785
I researched and there is no such option in Blender.
>>
File: blender_shrinkwrap.gif (584KB, 871x270px) Image search: [Google]
blender_shrinkwrap.gif
584KB, 871x270px
>>504658
>>504782

Pretty much what the second anon said, shrinkwrap is the closest you'll probably get.
>>
>>505051
Anon, be honest, did you make that gif only to virtually stroke a 3D dick?
>>
>>504658
Can Belnder cost less than 5000€ ? Yes it can.
>>
>>505823

That would be the entire reason I am looking into its abilities, anon. In other words, you're 10 days behind the thread with your attempt at trolling. Even for /3/, that's fucking slow.
>>
>>505823
a piece of dogshit you'll find on the street is also free
>>
>>505823
So can Maya. It has a free student version, and they don't go after pirates.
>>
>>504658
>, is there a way to use Blender without the 3d cursor?

Yes and No. No in that there's no built in way to do it (despite the community wanting it for ages).

Yes in that since Blender is open source, the community has gone ahead and added that in at the source code level (there is / was an add-on but it had to continuously hide the cursor and wasn't practical).

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?370568-Custom-Blender-Build

Alternatively, you can set the viewport to "Show only Render", or you can click somewhere else off in the distance and then Shift C anytime you need the origin at 0,0

If your problem is you keep left clicking instead of right clicking to select verts, you can change that in User Preferences
>>
>>505844
> ...and they don't go after pirates.

I call bullshit.
>>
>>505888
When's the last time you heard of someone ever being brought to court or fined by Autodesk for pirating their software? The only time you hear about it is the few rare occasions where a whole studio has pirated their software. Autodesk does not have the resources to go after every little pleb who pirates their software, and they know it would only hurt their reputation to do so. It is completely safe to pirate it and even use it for some professional work.
>>
File: 6798228.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6798228.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>505891
>heard of someone
>>
>>505891
those cases don't go public but i think there was 1 that did
>>
>>505844
Yeah, but you can't open a small business and use Maya for commercial products, whereas with blender you can open a small advertising 3d cgi company and sell your shit.
>>
>>504658
That ugly snout. This is a failed model and it actually works against his portfolio. How can a great artist not notice how fugly and weird her face looks.
>>
>>505888
They really don't, Maya and Max are generally considered as a corporate product, going after pirates would just lose them money, especially since the way licensing works pirates can't do anything legit with the product anyway.

>>505904
Lets be honest here, you're on 4chan looking for free software, you're about as likely to to open a small business and make commercial products as I am to get laid.

But good luck with that small advertising 3d cgi company based on blender.
>>
>>505900
Yes anon, generally when you're not being an uneducated cave-dwelling sack of shit you keep up with these things called "The news" where you can gather information on things, you should try it while you're off from school, you'll end up learning things, you know what learning is, right? Its that thing you completely missed out on while memeing like an imbecile every time someone said something that was beyond the comprehension of your little dropout nigger mind.
>>
>>505844
>>505888
>>505891
>>506264
Can someone explain to me why ANYONE would pirate maya when it's free for personal use? All you have to do is get the student version. You don't even need so much as a .edu email. You just make an account real quick and have the full version available, no malware possibilities, and can get free updates instead of having to rely on occasional shady torrent updates with little to no seeds. The only possible thing I can think of is that someone needs to use torrents because they have third world internet that disconnects a lot and as such can't handle bigger downloads.
>>
>>506301
No reason other than preferring to not have the educational version message pop up when opening other people's scenes or when giving people scenes. Though you could always save as Maya ASCII and remove that single line of text near the top that causes that, but that's extra work even though it would be simple to script.
>>
No, it doesn't have this exact feature, but it has many similar ones, and more importantly Python.

Blender can do just about anything you're smart enough to tell it to do, and this isn't hard to do with Python. Just cross-reference the vertex positions between shared UV coordinates(although you'll need to derive the face coordinates for the original).

It's not a current feature but it'd be relatively easy to replicate and moreover I'm honestly not sure if there's really a need to build/shape a mesh in reverse from UV coordinates. A good auto-retopo feature like ZRemesher is something Blender lacks that hurts much more(I know it has some things but they don't compare in my opinion).

It looks like he didn't show it but I'd like to know what the UV stretch was like in the product in the video.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.