[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, does anyone even care that Digital Tutors sold out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: hsd.png (182KB, 406x510px) Image search: [Google]
hsd.png
182KB, 406x510px
So, does anyone even care that Digital Tutors sold out?
>>
fuck them up their asses
>>
It's a business. Businesses exist to make money at any personal, artistic, or moral cost.

Some people start businesses for other reasons. To create jobs, pursue their dreams, help the community or many other things. However they will always end corrupted by money and become parasites on the community. This is not a perversion of their nature, but a return to it.
>>
>>500242
thats deep my nigga
+1 upvoat
>>
>>500235
What's the story on this?
>>
>>500263
dickbutt has cancelled his subscription.
>>
>>500235

Digital Tutors sold a year ago. You're a bit late to the party on this one.

I've personally never liked their tutorials, because they are an intentionally slower pace than is necessary. They do that to make it take extra time to learn a thing, hoping that translates into watching for more days and therefore continuing to pay the sub fee longer.

Personally, I prefer 3DMotive,or just finding the courses I need on sale at udemy.
>>
>>500235
Digtal tutors haven't updated their tuts in years.
>>
are the digital tutor videos good for learning how to make a character model in 3ds max? im currently in university and i'm wondering if i can freelance on the side some game assets for various companies, like a contract thing. i currently have little experience in max, maya, and zbrush. most businesses seem to ask for 3ds max though, but i'm not sure.
>>
>>500314
Yeah, their doable
>>
>>500314
>im currently in university and i'm wondering if i can freelance on the side some game assets for various companies, like a contract thing.

Sorry but no. You're not going to earn a contract like that without already having years of experience and great art skills. At best, you'll be able to learn enough 3D on the side to get some shitty jobs on Freelancer.com where you have to compete with third-world people who can afford to accept $4 an hour pay. All while Freelancer takes a %10 cut.

Learning to do Archviz would be a much more realistic proposition. You can pirate model packs with thousands of objects to use and start taking jobs on freelancer for some side dosh, maybe earn an employer to work with off-site. But again, you still need to be very good, so it will come down to your natural talent for learning this kind of stuff quickly and having a good eye for design.
>>
pluralsight is better than digital tutors you fuckin pleb, dt is entry level fag shit for artsy homos, pluralsight is hardcore programming shit for tru gees
>>
What the fuck that's my username all over the internet

Stop using it faget I've had it since infinity years ago
>>
>>500321
>few years of experience

here it is again
>>
>>500314
>most businesses seem to ask for 3ds max though
Where are you? Because you'll need to know how to use maya as well. Both are extremely used and autodesk is attempting to switch to just maya but max is just so damn useful and user friendly when compared to maya.
>>
>>500314
Most businesses only ask for Max if they're doing ArchViz... Most game/film studios are Maya these days.
>>
>>500314
if you can dish out models with good topology doesn't really matter what you use

anything beyond box modeling however will require you to switch to the more popular programs because of plugins and workflow
>>
>>500381
Fromsoft asked for experience in 3dsmax from me when i looked at their character modelling position.
>>
>>500441
>using Japanese studios as any sort of gauge
>implying you could get a job there without fluent Japanese
>not knowing that Japanese studios use some of the most autistic, asinine, outdated software, because they don't care about updating workflows.

Try looking around at English studios how about.
>>
>>500442
how fluent we talkin. i can say desu, sanbyukaku, loli, lolitan, and yuri.
>>
>>500451

Carry a natural two sided conversation with a local without them making an effort to simplify their language to be understood or asking you what you mean every 5 seconds.

That is what fluent means.
>>
>>500451
>>500452
Basically what that anon said
But why the fuck would you want to work there besides being a weeaboo? Conditions are way shit for animation/game work in japan
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.