[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mouse vs Tablet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

Mouse vs Tablet
>>
stupid
>>
File: b1.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
b1.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>499741
>>
>>499741
controller
>>
>>499741
Mouse for box modeling tablet for sculpting
>>
>>499741

Both.
>>
File: Mouse-Tales-Using-Mice-Whiskers.png (1MB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Mouse-Tales-Using-Mice-Whiskers.png
1MB, 2197x1463px
>>499741
OP here, forgot to include the mouse in the picture

And the questions aswell, which was:
Which works better as a bait when out of baits?

Tablets have that shiny gloss on their surface, which does mimic fish scales reflecting light, but a mouse wiggles and looks more edible in overall. Then again tablet is electric so it might lure fish with electrical sense... ?

Thoughts?
>>
>>499741
you got us
>HA!

what do you call a man revered for his profound wisdom
>>
>>499747
> it must be bait because surely no one would ask this question

calm down sparky and take your autism pills
>>
>>499772

It's like asking whether a screwdriver or a wrench is a better tool.
>>
>>499775
Given the board it can be assumed that the question is which is a better general use pointing device for 3dcg.
>>
>>499780
That just proves my point even further.

What is a better tool? A screwdriver or a wrench? Without any more information that question is meaningless.

It depends on what you're going to use it for. Just like mice/tablets.

What are you going to use it for? Zbrush? Photoshop? Blender? Maya? Houdini?
>>
File: Berkley-powerbait-nibbles[1].jpg (114KB, 1220x726px) Image search: [Google]
Berkley-powerbait-nibbles[1].jpg
114KB, 1220x726px
>>499754
tablet.
>get some crappie nibbles
>>
>>499741
Mouse in 3dsmax, Maya, and After Effects
Pen in Photoshop and Zbrush
/thread
>>
Only when pressure sensitivity is needed, otherwhise no.

I have seen people who do graphic design using tablets, even though they dont even paint, do illustrations or something, just regular vector stuff, layout etc. which is pretty retarded. Like they only use it to look more professional and artsy.
>>
File: h610 pro.jpg (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
h610 pro.jpg
92KB, 1200x1200px
What's some acceptable tablet for beginner and also affordable? Something that costs <$100.

Pic related any good?
>>
>>500568

Wacom or nothing.
>>
>>500568
Monoprice are considered the best budget tablets.
http://frenden.com/post/31659364200/the-little-monoprice-graphics-tablet-that-could
>>
File: b_bamboo_web.jpg (91KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
b_bamboo_web.jpg
91KB, 600x350px
I still got my old wacom bamboo and I think its still okay.(pic related)

The new bamboos dont have that round scroll wheel thing and are pretty much unworkable.

I can see upgrading to an A4 sized wacom, anything bigger is just impractical(for me) because I like to hold my tablet in my hand like a sketchbook or a clipboard. I tried some bigger A3 one and it was too big because you have to move your hand around too much and make big ass strokes and you cant just hold it in your lap.
>>
>>500568
i have that cus i dont want to pay to much cus im poor.it does its job in cs6 but theres a problem with the stylus sometimes the pressure point sensitivity fuvks up and makes your line really fat. it happens often and its fucking annoying. thats what i get for buying from chinks. but other then that it does it job. the pressure sensitivity is fine but for the price i mean youre getting what youre paying for. it aint that bad.
>>
>>500588
the whole active area considers itself the screen. I like that you can program the stylus and the buttons on the left are made for writing and drafting. its got zoom in/out brush size ect. and its totally costimizable. the only thing that sucks is again the stylus once in a while make a line fat. than it just goes back to what you wanted it in the first place. you can always just press ctrl, alt, z on photoshop. id recommend it for people on a budget and make sure to say that its deff. chinese made so its gonna a little shitty cus cheap chinks. Ive had it for 5 months now and it still works fine.
>>
File: 2823302-steam21.jpg (561KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2823302-steam21.jpg
561KB, 3264x2448px
don't hate (or do) but i've been using my steam controller in zbrush and photoshop and it's had some amazing results
you just have to start the program with steam overlay and you can customize each button, direction on the stick, and every modifier known to man
>>
>>500593
lol wow how does that work?
>>
>>500593
you could have gotten a h610 for less
>>
>>500599
i already nabbed have an intuos4 wireless on sale, peripherals are fun

>>500597
you assign a key/{multi}keystroke to anything you need. Press A to undo, X for tool, Y, B, etc, what ever you want them to do.
use joystick for rotation/zoom, left trackpad for moving the camera up/sideways, use right trackpad to move mouse. there's literally so many combinations that you can do for every button/key it's ridiculous. right trigger clicks left mouse, left trigger clicks right mouse. bumpers are great for tool changing or redo/undo
and then the grips are easy to make into modifiers, so the right trackpad can stop being a mouse when you pull the left grip, and turn it into a scroll wheel or whatever you want, it's honestly fucking nuts
>>
>>500570
>Wacom or nothing.

Wacom is best on the market, but generally at the price point anon is talking about the off brands out perform them in basically every respect except for having less user friendly drivers.
>>
>>500645

Just get a bamboo then. They outperform tablets priced the same and anything priced less will have shitty pressure sensitivity you might as well be using a mouse.
>>
>>500647
Bamboo is in the exact price point where you should actually consider alternatives. The Chinese products at the same price point have higher resolution, better pressure sensitivity, and larger size going for them. It's not until you get to the Intuos line that they start to match features, and not until Intuos Pro that they have a truly important feature you can't find in the knock offs (tilt sensitivity.)

Unless having a battery in your pen triggers you or you need wi-fi or touch pad capability on your tablet there's no reason to go Wacom at the lower end of the price range.
>>
>>500651
I always found the battery pen ones were jittery as fuck in comparison with inconsistent pressure based on the amount of charge left in it.
>>
>>500653
I've never personally noticed that, but I could see it being an issue. At this point at least Huion (not sure about Turcom or the others) has started making pens with rechargeable batteries which should address that issue as long as you hook it up when not in use to keep it topped off. It's a pretty tiny power draw so that should be more than enough to keep your battery near max charge while in use.
>>
>>500656
>dat extra weight of a AAA / AA

absolutely haram,
>>
>>500651

Knockoffs might have more features, but the bamboo is sturdy, wont break, !!!no quirks!!!, tested and it just werks. I have had mine for years and its pretty beat up and has some dents on the edges because I used to carry it around in my backpack. Still works with no complaints. The only thing the cable plug is more lose than it used to be, but still holds and doesnt fall out randomly.

I would rather buy a cheap proper real brand smartphone with less features than some chinese iPhone knockoff that seemingly has more features but of questionable quality/durability for the same price.
>>
File: 1445459544002.jpg (38KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
1445459544002.jpg
38KB, 400x402px
>mouse vs tablet
>not putting mouse and tablet side by side on keyboard tray
>>
>>500728
Nobody is saying "unplug your mouse if you're using a tablet". Obviously you're still going to switch to your mouse for other shit that you don't need the tablet doesn't give you a benefit for...
>>
>>500729
no pc master race gaymin talk here pls. /v/ ~>
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.