[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright i wanna know once and for all what is the purpose of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: 2000px-Square_compasses.svg.png (164KB, 2000x2109px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Square_compasses.svg.png
164KB, 2000x2109px
alright i wanna know once and for all what is the purpose of freemasons
do they worship the devil? how do they get their funding? what they basically want? who is their leader? what secrets they want to preserve? and why people join them in the first place
>>
>>17305831
>alright i wanna know once and for all what is the purpose of freemasons

Why don't you just ask your local lodge? You won't get any answers here.
Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.
>>
>>17305831
You can find all this and more in the internet with a small google search.
>>
>>17305833
>>17305834
see, the problem is they never give a straight answer. want an example?

>Freemasonry consists of fraternal organisations that trace their origins to the local fraternities of stonemasons, which from the end of the fourteenth century regulated the qualifications of stonemasons and their interaction with authorities and clients. The degrees of freemasonry retain the three grades of medieval craft guilds, those of Apprentice, Journeyman or fellow (now called Fellowcraft), and Master Mason. These are the degrees offered by Craft (or Blue Lodge) Freemasonry. Members of these organisations are known as Freemasons or Masons. There are additional degrees, which vary with locality and jurisdiction, and are usually administered by different bodies than the craft degrees.

this tells me nothing
>>
>>17305838
>see, the problem is they never give a straight answer.

Try joining.
>>
>>17305838
It's a metaphysical system about building up one's "spiritual temple" by being a better person and learning esoteric concepts. One gets that through degrees, which designate a degree of "light". This is their official beliefs. They use various symbols throughout the degrees, along with mythological correspondences which assist this goal. Basically it has a bit of many mystery schools in it, including the one which gave us Christianity. Despite this and maybe because of this, most Christians hate it.
>>
>>17305847
Yeah... nice try. We can tell when you aren't one of us.
>>
>>17305853
I'm just describing what Freemasonry is, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>17305859
Sure thing bud. It's just an old mans club.
>>
>>17305861
That's a lie. I've read the books, you see. It's not good to lie to someone who knows much better than you do. If all Freemasonry was amounted to an "Old guy's club" then it wouldn't have endured persecution, like in Nazi Germany. There was a secret lodge that met in a concentration camp and held meetings in secret. I don't know how they could have done so if it was just a club for old guys. There is a depth to it that is found in it's own writings. It has a character and features from other brotherhoods before it. No other group even remotely similar is known as a "club" for drinking beer. Obviously that is not what the Craft is about.
>>
>>17305870
>That's a lie. I've read the books, you see. It's not good to lie to someone who knows much better than you do.
Sure thing kid.. I bet you haven't joined yet.
>>
>>17305847
You talk like a recruiting pamphlet.
>>
>>17305831
There already is a thread for this stuff.
>do they worship the devil?
No.
>how do they get their funding?
Dues and organisational holdings. Funding is pretty scant these days for most.
>what they basically want?
Better behaved men being men in society.
>who is their leader?
There is no one leader, if you even want to call the Grand Masters that. Each state/country have completely independent structures.
>what secrets they want to preserve?
Traditional education ones, i guess. But the secrets aren't what it's about.
>and why people join them in the first place
National Treasure was a popular movie.
>>
>>17305831
every freemasons have to read the book of albert pike
Morals and dogma
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception-Freemason_Lucifer_Albert_Pike
>>
>>17305831
they believe in the luciferian doctrine
>>
>>17305883
Wich was the start of every conspiracy theory period to disguise true efforts ultimately.
>>
>>17305886
Quiet.
>>
>>17305875
I am not a mason. I have no interest in joining the Masons because I don't need to. I study esoteric concepts and know a lot about groups that are actively teaching them. I am not angry that you are doing this, just confused. I think OP deserves to know what the truth is. It is not a club. No brotherhood with the extensive mythology as Masonry has can be called that. It is a esoteric secret society and one of the oldest in the West. In the Islamic countries of Central Asia you find the Roshaniya. In the rest of the Islamic world there are "khanqat" or lodges for traveling mendicants of Tassawuf. None of those would be called "social clubs" in the slightest.

I know you're just trying to dispel the myths about the Brotherhood, but it is not good to lie. That is what misleads people and gives them the wrong idea. It's best to present the knowledge for a person so they can make an informed decision about whether the Lodge is right for them or not.
>>
>>17305883
>every freemasons have to read the book of albert pike
Hardly. Not even A&AR SJ members bother with it so much nowadays. They've changed so much, and a lot of it was wrong to begin with (he messed up Sufi and Druze for one thing, in addition to his horrendous treatment of commas)
Still worth reading, of course. But only when you know what it's about. People reading it with no background are the morons who start conspiracy theories.
>>
>>17305891
You got me senpai. I'm not even a mason. I just wish OP would do his own research and not want t worship Lucifer.
>>
>>17305891
>It is not a club
It shouldn't be, but it's devolved to that in many places.
>>
Does anyone know how old people are when they join? It seems like you never see a mason without grey hair and wrinkles, but surely they must join younger than that
>>
>>17309501
Most new members now are <35. The older guys "aren't really joiners" where the younger ones are. Plus, there's a lot more catering to younger guys now with University Lodges and the like.
>>
Money to get the Power and Power to get the Money.
This is the purpose.
>>
Even Avocado will tell you that you will not find the secret of masonry easily... Not even their own lower level brothers will know the truth.

The secret is that they want to make something good even better lol. They want to better the temple of God which is your body. And they want to put the eye on the pyramid / put the idol in the house of God.

My 2 cents...
>>
It's just a place for guys to hang out and get drunk, maybe sometimes do charity work. The REAL secret orders don't let themselves become that well known
>>
>>17305875
Why don't you stop being a bitch made faggot and actually give some actual info it's not like they're tracking your every move on the Internet or anything
>>
A Masonic lodge was recently a target for a terrorist attack, it was thwarted however. They have ties to all the intelligence agencies. The biggest intelligence agency is run in the vatican, by the jesuits. They are Satanic and they consult demons for this intelligence. Freemasonry is similar and linked to the same Black Brotherhood. People in your neighborhoods may be a part of this society, even your own neighbors/family can be manipulated to participate in a gangstalking program that shapes your reality and how close you get to the truth.
>>
>>17310023
>2016
>Still believes abouthis internet activity isn't being tracked

Haha. Okay
>>
On 32 degree : equilibrium
'The church is the greatest Tyranny,
That's all!
>>
>>17310035
so you think they draw you in while your close to understanding and blowing this thing open so they can limit your beliefs and indoctrinate you to protect the secrets rather than spreading them?
>>
Only the ones who know a truth will protected it from the ignorant, but liars spread the word.
>>
>>17305831
>why people join them in the first place
Simply because they don't know any better.

The Freemasons were my first competitors. Their contract was terminated some time ago and they've been struggling to stay meaningful ever since.

If you can believe me.
>>
>>17311614
>If you can believe me.
I can't please explain.
>>
>>17311443 already a thread going
>>
>>17311941
It's about to 404. Past bump limit.
>>
>>17311934
Have you ever held a secret in the palm of your hands?
>>
>>17305847

Scientology ≠ Freemasonry
>>
>>17305831

Well, I actually come from a family of "Freemasons". My grandparents and their 8-sibling family, from my mother's side, were all Freemasons - they have the paraphernalia strewn about their homes, and it's a well-known thing amongst the skeptical family members. I'm not sure why they joined or continue to display these symbols: they're full-blooded Czech's with a naturalized U.S. citizenship. One of my grandfather's brothers served in WW2 as a pilot (crazy war stories; confirmed Freemason), and my grandfather was probably a draft-dodger (complete speculation; has Freemason paraphernalia everywhere, but doesn't say anything about it). I've never actually confronted my grandfather about this, but maybe, before he dies, I'll give it a go. They all seemed to be pretty well off, working mostly manual labor jobs. Only after getting married did I realize that our family never really communicated feelings of love, like some, closer families (my wife's) did. They seem like such strange people, though that's probably only because they're mid-western and I've been living on the east coast for the last 10 years, idk. Having obtained a clearance and become part of the intelligence community, I'm still not sure exactly where Freemasonry lies, if not just a fetish amongst conspiracy theorists.
>>
>>17305831
same thing as the mafia and scientology. money and power, by any means possible
>>
Fnord and fairy queen are weird people.

Yes its the worship of Lucifer.

>how the fuck do you know that?

Albert Pike confirmed it in his morals and dogma.
>>
>>17312451
I didn't say anything about Scientology, but thanks for not trying at all.
>>
Someone I know is one and he says it's a place where people exchange favors.
>>
>>17313611
>Albert Pike confirmed
Albert Pike isn't the Pope of Masonry. Plus, his writings are a matter of interpretation.
>>
>>17312495
Yes yes, but what do freemasons actually DO?

As far as I can tell, its basically a frat house, all you do is give each other differential treatment.

If I join, can I expect to get a good job, go to a good school, have the wheels greased a little wherever I go?
>>
I mean, your not throwing babies on a pyre or anything like that, right? Its just a club for dirty old men, kinna like 4chan.
>>
>>17314211
Nope! That would be joining for mercenary gain, which can be grounds for expulsion.

It's a place to study science and philosophy with like minded men who all want to help society.
>>
>>17314224
lol, yeah right.

your just a bunch of choir boys, aren't ya?
>>
And to join this club, I wouldn't happen to have to own property, would I?
>>
>>17314228
Aim to be. But with over six million members, they're not all going to be saints.

>>17314235
No. Some places discourage you from joining if you can't support yourself/your family, though.
>>
So if whats best for society just so happens to be getting my cock sucked by a 10000 dollar whore?
>>
I know what you people are.

You're scum.

You can hide it from yourselves, but you can't hide from me.
>>
>>17314252
Then you go do that on your own time.
>>
The harder people try to be good, the worse they are. The grander their aspirations, the longer the fall.

There shall be a cleansing come the dawn, oh yes, there will be a mighty scouring of the earth!

And while you all hide in your precious bunkers, plotting and scheming of how you are going to take back the earth, man will once again roam free, like he did at the dawn of time.

You will never chain him again, he shall be protean, he shall be prometheous, he will have both the power of science and superstition.

Your time is at an end, and when you highest on high go crawling back to your eldrich masters, when the elder lichen can no longer slake their thirst for blood, you will once again be buried in the pit of the earth.
>>
File: 1453085320567.jpg (302KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453085320567.jpg
302KB, 768x1024px
>>17314277
this message is brought to you by taco bell.

Do the Dew!
>>
Bunch of boring old geezers doing gay rituals and eating sandwiches and drinking tea and shit after
>>
>>17314288
You shit talking tea, fagit?
>>
File: aLBZYXM_700b.jpg (74KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
aLBZYXM_700b.jpg
74KB, 700x700px
>>17305831
They are the bad guy's underlings.

Low rank members don't realize it/don't want to believe it.
>>
>>17314303
>G
Ameriplebs.
>>
File: 6CduE7G.jpg (53KB, 686x439px) Image search: [Google]
6CduE7G.jpg
53KB, 686x439px
>>
Why can't you just make up your own damn rituals?

Religious and Spiritual rituals are always tainted by dogma.
>>
>>17314245
>with over six million members, they're not all going to be saints
I feel like this gets overlooked in these threads.

I'm sure there are plenty of lodges that are perfectly innocent and charitable, but there will also be people in the freemasons on every part of the spectrum of good and evil. George HW Bush is an extremely high-ranking mason and some of his actions can only be described as monstrous.

I can't imagine why someone would join an organisation that keeps secrets from its own members, you should know everything about a club before you join. And any group that operates in secrecy is suspect in my eyes, good works don't need to be hidden. Also, any organisation that promises power (through networking and preferential treatment by powerful members) will attract the worst in society.

That said, I believe people are basically good and unless there is some kind of demonic possession or brainwashing involved, I think freemasonry will reflect that tendency.
>>
>>17314323
maybe freemasonry challenges some of those assumptions. For instance, what if people aren't really good, but are actually very, very bad?
>>
>>17314330
I know before I came to 4chan, I used to think people were good, that I was good, that the world was good.

Now I am not so sure. I feel lucky if in a day I believe that people are merely ambivalent or apathetic. I used to see my struggle with some of my urges to be this titanic struggle between good and evil. Now I just sort of see it as being the way of the world.

That being said, I wouldn't want to join an organization that would lead me further down this path.
>>
>>17314323
>George HW Bush is an extremely high-ranking mason
Well no
>and some of his actions can only be described as monstrous.
Eh, perspective. The Americans think their president does shit, but really they're just a mouthpiece.
>you should know everything about a club before you join.
I concur.
>I can't imagine why someone would join an organisation that keeps secrets from its own members,
It makes sense somewhat. Lure of the unknown. Fortunately Masonry doesn't do that.
>good works don't need to be hidden.
Hidden? No. But the Bible does say to do good deeds without fanfare, and that's what Masonry has done for hundreds of years. But most places now are keen to show things happening, but i suspect that's more to show they're doing anything.
>Also, any organisation that promises power (through networking and preferential treatment by powerful members) will attract the worst in society.
Also agreed. Fortunately Masonry forbids that.
>>17314330
>For instance, what if people aren't really good, but are actually very, very bad?
They aren't permitted to join, or are kicked out.
>>
I feel this whole freemasons worship satan
is just some big scheme of the OTO to divert followers from freemasonry to anything else

alister crowley himself proclaimed that the new religion always demonizes the older one.

and since crowley originally joined the freemasons before creating the OTO and was actually kicked out of the free masons if im not mistyaken
>>
>>17314339
>and since crowley originally joined the freemasons
No, he didn't. He thought he did, but actually didn't, so real Freemasons told him to bugger off when he tried to pal up with them in London.
>>
>>17314337

you are either trolling or are very naive about your organizations inner workings. People don't keep secrets because they are doing something others would approve of.
>>
>>17314346
>People don't keep secrets because they are doing something others would approve of.
You're wrong. And wrong about Masonry.
>>
>>17314277

Or of course, there is the alternative...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8
>>
>>17314341
His initiations were from the Grand Orient tradition, which is very different from the Masonry of the UGLE. The English Lodge pretty much has things like belief in a Supreme Being, which is absent in the GO. That is one of the major bones of contention between the who bodies. That is why Crowley's initiations were not taken with the same weight as they would have been. He didn't know that until he was told by UGLE Masons.
>>
10,000 years of darkness, or 3 days, 5 billion souls, and 1000 points of light, and you can start all over. Choose your poison.

Honestly, I'm poor, so i get fucked either way.
>>
Its an ugly world.
>>
>>17314354
It wasn't even Grand Orient [de France]. It was some Mexican A&AR knockoff. And there are more than just that for contentious issues between real Freemasonry and GOdF.
>>
I'm just very stubborn.

I don't like hurting other people, even when I'm angry, sad or afraid.

There really is no place for me here, I don't know what I'm doing on this earth. I feel like the baby that got tossed with with the bathwater.
>>
You see?

You hide.

You fucking hide.
>>
>>17314370
>There really is no place for me here, I don't know what I'm doing on this earth. I feel like the baby that got tossed with with the bathwater.

you reminded me of the lyrics. check it if you enjoy metal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szY7v_87514&feature=youtu.be&t=3m6s
>>
>>17314436
I never belonged here
I never did ask if I could join this world collapsed
>>
>>17314359
Same bro
>>
>>17310035
Ahahaha
>no

It just so happens that some masons are in positions of power/have money. That isn't true for all of them, though.

My grandma is a mason. They sit around, do their rituals, investigate about certain subjects and hold small forums between members to talk about such things. After that, they all dine and drink, and talk about stuff.

As with any rpg, masons have levels. To be a master, you have to have several investigations about certain subjects, have taught people about them and so on. Every level comes with a ceremony, and they're super simple. (No devil worship, sacrifices or other things, mostly walking and saying certain phrases). It's a club.

If you want to join them, go. I've been told it's fun (my family's definition of fun is reading stuff and then talking about it, so there you go). You do have to pay a small fee for club expenses, but it's nothing prohibitive. They also do events to raise money for stuff.
>>
>>17314831
>grandma
Typo or femme-mason?
>>
>>17314844
There are male only, female only and mixed masonries.

My grandma leads a mixed one.
>>
>>17314907
I know. Just checking if you meant real Masonry or the mixed/femme kind.
You rarely hear people say the latter. Fun change.
>>
Any good books on freemasonry? Nothing fictional or bashing, I want to learn about them. I always thought the idea behind it was interesting, bettering mankind thru public action. At least I see most lodges donating to hospitals and stuff.
>>
>>17314961
Hah, yea, there's a few. What would you like, because it's a LONG list.
>>
>>17314968
History on them, belief system, their tenements or code, things like that
>>
>>17315022
Anderson's Constitutions perhaps to start with. That's the original rule book for the first Grand Lodge.
York Mysteries Revealed covers ALL the history. And the Royal Arch Journey goes over the development of the ceremonies. Both by Revd. Neville Barker-Cryer.
Anything by Revd. George Oliver will cover beliefs well, and there are Masonic histories by Gould and by Mackay which are useful.
Then of course, there are the ceremonials.
http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/ritualen_en.html

Hopefully that gets you started.
>>
>>17315045
Thx m8
>>
>>17314303
>the Eye of Providence

>People not realizing it was a Christian symbol long before it was a Masonic symbol
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.