[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lucid dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: lucid-dreaming.jpg (54KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreaming.jpg
54KB, 500x334px
I've been taking melatonin (5mg/day) for some time now. It makes dreams very vivid and allows to remember them. Works great.
But I still cannot become lucid nor even remember to do a reality check. I even fail to see obvious inconsistencies in my dreams (like recently my brother saying he is way younger than me while I'm only 1y older than him).
How can I fix this?
>>
>>17293497
you cant. the point of a dream isnt to be a persistent experience while sleeping with any sort of continuum .its just the subconscious dumping data on the conscious mind

i rarely have dreams i can go months without knowing i had a dream and when i have them about the only thing thats the same is no matter how screwed up or chaotic i know i am in no danger some how. i walk the streets freely as non human humanoid things pretending to be human hunt humans in the ruins of civilization
>>
>>17293512
OP here
>i rarely have dreams i can go months without knowing i had a dream
I had this too, try melatonin (3-5mg in the evening). 1-2 dreams a night guaranteed.
>the point of a dream isnt to be a persistent experience while sleeping
It's not you to decide what the point of the dream is, is it?
>you cant
I'm actually looking for something helpful.
>>
>>17293497
The melatonin is a good start, but I suggest keeping a dream journal and jotting down some notes on dreams (I do it sometimes throughout the night as well as before I get up in the morning). One other thing I do is reality checks during the day, whenever you remember to do it, more often the better. I think that if you make the dreams matter more to you, the better chance you have at making them have meaning and be lucid within them.
>>
I actually had my first ever lucid dream about a week ago OP. It was pretty great. Albeit, this was random and the reality check doesn't always work. Basically I "wake up" in my apartment and try and turn on my light. Light switches never turn anything on in my dreams, and normally this terrifies me to no end(no idea why this is) but this time I realized I was dreaming. The first thing I did, obviously, was fly. I then thought of my brother and he appeared in front of me. It was weird though because dream brother had these searing blue eyes. My brother has brown/hazel eyes. Anyway, that's about all that happened before I started waking up. I tried doing the whole spinning in circles thing but to no avail.
>>
I had a good stretch of lucid dreaming when I was younger (10-14yo), I would just sort of realize I was dreaming and proceed to do whatever. At the peak I could transfer to other dream entities and dissociate and watch as an observer. Towards the end I was having less ability to lucid dream so I used reality checks: my go tos were being unable to read anything, being able to see with my eyes closed/not blinking, and holding my breath/checking if Im still breathing. I also found when I was lucid dreaming if I started to lose control, spinning with my eyes open sort of stabilized the dream and spinning with my eyes closed brought me somewhere else; the last one was useful, my dream worlds were not all connected and I sometimes wanted to teleport between them.

Theres honestly something beyond just wanting to lucid dream, I barely can anymore even though I wouldnt mind being able to. I think stress and trauma might be related to it
>>
Idk what ur talking about I take 10mg melatonin and don't get any dreams.. Or anything I just pass out
>>
>>17293512
>its just the subconscious dumping data on the conscious mind
[citation needed]
>>
>>17294051
>/x/
>Citation
Nigga, where do you think you are?
>>
I've tried to lucid dream before, but the usual reality checks don't seem to work. It's like I'm either passively and brainlessly experiencing a character or I just randomly realize the dream isn't real. Then I get about 1-2 minutes before the dream just dies and usually I can't do anything interesting. I had one a couple days ago and I just tried to run fast, which I did in another dream months ago. Maybe even a year. Wound up out of breath. At that point I just assume my subconscious isn't going to cooperate and wait for it to end
>>
How do I start remembering my dreams?
>>
>>17294640
Stay in bed and go over your dreams from the farthest point back in the dream that you can remember and work through the events forward and then once you do that, do it backwards.
Write what you remember from your dreams down in a journal as often as you can. That's basically all I've been doing and I've had some success on remembering my dreams, best of luck.
>>
>>17294700
Thanks, anon.
>>
I take 15 MG before sleep every night and I only remember my dreams once in a while. Only advice I could give is smoke a ton of weed then don't smoke the following days and you will have super vivid dreams
>>
OP here

>>17293894
>keeping a dream journal
I had never had nerves to write dreams down. Mobile phone is not convenient and it takes too long to type, while I don't want my dreams available in paper form to anyone who finds the journal.
But maybe I really need to start this. Because although having very vivid dreams for 3 weeks, I don't remember most of them by now. I guess reading about them could help. So today I will write down my first dream (see below).
>reality checks
Trying this too. I simply do not remember to do reality checks while dreaming. And I fear they could fail, just as I failed to spot obvious inconsistencies in my dreams.

>>17294080
>It's like I'm either passively and brainlessly experiencing a character
This.

>>17294043
>>17294711
>10mg melatonin
>15 MG
pretty high dose. 5mg is said to be the upper limit.
and you should not take if for longer than a month or two without having a break.
I am taking mine pills for 3 weeks now. Several days ago they stopped working for my dreams. So I stopped taking them for 2 days, and even without the pill the dreams returned. Today I took another one and I just woke up from 3rd vividly remembered dream this night (going back to sleep soon):

Last one was great, although still not lucid. I think it was back to high school. I met a lovely girl, we were doing some activities in the gym, then started to make out. I knelt before her (it's my fetish, so it was great it happened). But then another girl came over, looked jealous. I told my friend (I knew from high school) to take her with him. Wanted to go back to the first girl but then woke up ;_;
>>
>>17294051
this
>>
If you dont teach yourself how to have them without the melatonin you're going to be depending on it forever. Not a good thing.
>>
Stop making new threads about this stuff

>>17281884
>>
>>17296467
>lucid dreaming, narrow question about reality checks and becoming lucid
vs
>Dreams General >>17281884
>new threads about this stuff
>>
>>17295009
I have almost never had dreams before. So it is a great step forward.
After >>17294813 I went to sleep and just woke up from another dream (detailed one about me traveling abroad) which I added to my brand new dreams journal.
And even if I do not take melatonin daily, my dreaming patterns have still improved.
>teach yourself how to have them
and how do I do this?
>>
bumping this thread
>>
>>17294813
Make audio recordings with your phone and write it down later that day on your computer. The most important part is actively remembering your dreams right after waking up and making a habit out of that.
>>
>>17293497
Melatonin is not for lucid dreaming, it regulates sleep patterns like changing time zones or work shifts.
>>
>>17294051

You need REM sleep to be healthy.

You don't need to lucid dream to be healthy (in fact people who lucid dream tend to experience lower sleep quality).

We can at least conclude that dreaming performs some biological function other than helping you be a hippie.
>>
File: 1452418029072.jpg (524KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452418029072.jpg
524KB, 1920x1080px
Live and die for your dream journal

try to write in that shit everyday if you can even if its only a couple words or a mood.

youll eventually be filling pages on the daily
>>
I thought I heard it leads to voices? But just pay attention, dreams are nothing like real life.
>>
>>17296600
It all belongs in the same fucking thread. Jesus Christ why cant people wrap their heads around this? The dream generals get pushed off the board because people want to make 50 separate dream related threads at a time instead of just putting it in the general.
>>
>>17297621
That has literally nothing to do with the post you replied to.
>>
Easiest way to lucid dreaming is through sleep paralysis.
When you get dat dere SP, just hang on and try to keep your eyes open, you'll see interesting things. Do not move a muscle though, just watch. Soon the paralysis will lift and you'll feel like you're floating. Congratulations, now you're out of your body. Float for a while and calm yourself. When you feel like you can move about, go crazy.
>>
>>17294813
i had a dream also actually after taking 15mg yesterday. I was in someone's mansion looking across at his neighbors mansion. A lady in a green dress was chasing her children in the driveway and cut their bikes in half with a sword like literally the bikes got sliced. Suddenly I shift into a different setting, I see the two children sitting on the floor one boy and one girl. They both turn their heads and each of them have only one eye and the other eye socket is hollow. And then i just woke up from that
>>
>>17297709
he won't get it anyway
>>
>>17297778
your nigger neighbor trying to get rid of stolen bikes before police comes to arrest her dindu son, check news soon to get info on recent crimes in your neighborhood
the children lost their eyes due to nuclear explosion to their side, it's happening ron paul tier
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.