[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got the 5500-5502.bin files in system folder Got my .cue file

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: newlogo.png (63KB, 696x204px) Image search: [Google]
newlogo.png
63KB, 696x204px
Got the 5500-5502.bin files in system folder
Got my .cue file set up correctly
Got mednafen though retroarch
Running in admin mode
Whenever I try to load a .cue I get "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

I'm able to emulate Cube games so pretty sure the problem isn't hardware related.
>>
>>2888256
Emphasis on RETROARCH. It's a bug with RETROARCH, not Mednafen. Standalone Mednafen doesn't randomly fuck up or decide to not work for no reason.

As for your problem, I'd suspect that's the intended behavior. It is RETROARCH you're using after all.
>>
Check if the system directory path where you put your BIOS files is actually set in RA
>>
>>2888297
This.
Why do people insist on using that stupid all-in-one GUI instead of reading 2 lines of documentation?
>>
>>2888358
You have no idea what RetroArch is, shit-eater cunt
>>
I have it working now, Cheers.
Why do people use Retroarch, Is it just because they like the UI and having everything in one place?
>>
>>2888389
>Being this mad
>Doesn't explain what it actually is
Nice job retard
>>
>>2888424
So, what did you do?
>>
>>2888424
The idea is that instead of a dev having to port every emulator so it runs on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, RaspberryPi, Wii, PS3, Xbox360 and whatever else, you use and target the libretro API which does all the platform specific stuff for you.

It's a good concept, but there are issues. RetroArch itself tends to go from being rather usable to wildly unstable over times. It's pot luck whether someone will get it working quickly or run into a mountain of bugs.
>>
>>2888436
He fixed it, duh.
>>
>>2888440
So instead of the version of bnes it uses for Nintendo stuff could I have it use higan?
>>
>>2888449
No, it doesn't work like that. Limitation of the design.
>>
>>2888430
it's a frontend for libretro

libretro is an api for porting emulators to, so they can then be more easily ported to multiple platforms
>>
Why do people always shit on RA? I've never had any problems with it
>>
>>2888467
There are loads of reasons:

Even if you don't experience bugs, lots of other people do. Stability has waned over the years and bug reports often fall on deaf ears.

In the past, the primary maintainer has repeatedly gone on mindless aggressive tirades against literally every emulation community there is, including here. That's not an exaggeration either. Now he only shows up here when people mention RA in order to bitch about it; an utterly pathetic attempt at reverse psychology.

RA by design has a tendency to leech attention and credit from the emulators and emulator authors themselves. There technically isn't anything wrong with using licensed code developed by someone else, but it just comes off as a bit shitty when RetroArch gets all the credit for emulators written by countless other people. Might as well mention that the RA devs went apeshit when it came out that Hyperkin was using their code in the Retron. It's not quite a double standard, but it's close.

Likewise, when something goes wrong it's often the emulator in use that gets the blame. Take this thread for instance, where the OP blames Mednafen for what is clearly a bug in RA.

Don't get me wrong, there are good parts. They just tend to be a bit overshadowed by the other stuff.
>>
>>2888424
Because it has objectively the best timing and lowest latency of any AV frontend for fixed framerate content.
>>
>>2888256
Stop listening to RA shills and use real emulators.
>>
>>2888479
>Even if you don't experience bugs, lots of other people do. Stability has waned over the years and bug reports often fall on deaf ears.
It's true that RA had many regressions during a long year of rewrites, but it should be pretty damn stable again on most platforms now.

>In the past, the primary maintainer has repeatedly gone on mindless aggressive tirades against literally every emulation community there is, including here. That's not an exaggeration either. Now he only shows up here when people mention RA in order to bitch about it; an utterly pathetic attempt at reverse psychology.
There's no denying SP is a hothead, he gets really passionate about his work and is really trolled into fights as a consequence. Over the last year he's taken the approach of keeping to IRC and the libretro channels, so he doesn't get into fighting pits on web bbs anymore

>RA by design has a tendency to leech attention and credit from the emulators and emulator authors themselves. There technically isn't anything wrong with using licensed code developed by someone else, but it just comes off as a bit shitty when RetroArch gets all the credit for emulators written by countless other people. Might as well mention that the RA devs went apeshit when it came out that Hyperkin was using their code in the Retron. It's not quite a double standard, but it's close.
Hyperkin violated the copyright of both RA and emulators for all systems they included, and SP was rightfully mad on both accounts. He tried talking emulator developers into going after them but in the end none actually cared enough about having their work stolen to do anything about it.

libretro cores clearly state the name of the emulator and author information is displayed within RA for everyone to see, so you'll have to explain what 'comes of as shitty'.
>>
>>2888498
Bullshit. Most emulators have a low-overhead GUI anyway. Dosbox, though non-console related, can be started with a command-line. RA is bloat and shillware.
>>
>>2888479
>Likewise, when something goes wrong it's often the emulator in use that gets the blame. Take this thread for instance, where the OP blames Mednafen for what is clearly a bug in RA.
In this thread we have an OP who incorrectly set up RetroArch on his system, that's not 'clearly a bug'. Neither the emulator nor RA deserves blame when it's all user error.
>>
>>2888530
GUI != frontend
Launcher != frontend

Don't call bullshit when you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>2888538
>Semantics
>Retarded damage control
>Denial
Squarepusher, BTFO. Nobody likes you or your 1000 ways to add shitty filters GUI. You're worse cancer than buyfags.
>>
>>2888256
>using shillware
>expecting it to work

Lurk moar, OP. Mednafen, Retroarch and Retron account for pretty much all the spam on /vr/. All of those terms should be on your filter list already.

Everybody uses standalone emulators like FCEU or Nestopia or PSX-R or ePSXe. Any of these will actually work for you.
>>
>>2888534
Right. RA doesn't JUST WERKZ and it's full of shit.
Back to >>>/g/ , shill.
>>
>>2888554
Marked as best solution. RA shills BTFO. I mean fuck you, idiots. The wiki is on the sticky thread for all to see.
>http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Of everything that's recommend, you had to use the epik /b/-tier maymay shillware?!? Really?
>>
>>2888554

Hi mentally ill anon. What other popular things would you like to include in your inane gibbering about "shills" today?
>>
>>2888564
You're Squarepusher, and you're not funny. Remember to sage and report, kids.
>>
>>2888562
>>2888554

And now here's some samefag.
>>
>>2888572

You think everyone is Squarepusher.

You really need to get some therapy.
>>
>>2888528
>Hyperkin violated the copyright of both RA and emulators for all systems they included

You mean the same way RA blatantly plagiarized emulation cores that it didn't actually have permission to distribute in the first place?

RA faggots are the cancer of the emulation community. You spam your plagiarized software relentlessly, act like massive foaming-at-the-mouth faggots when people say they don't want to download it, then whine about how mean and horrible the emulation community is because they aren't lining up to suck your dick.

Jesus christ. Just fuck off of this board already. We hate you, and no matter how many times you keep shoving RA in our faces, we will still continue to hate you. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here anymore?
>>
>>2888660
>You mean the same way RA blatantly plagiarized emulation cores that it didn't actually have permission to distribute in the first place?
LOL
Care to give some examples of license violations, o wise one?

People like you with no comprehension of neither legal nor technical aspects of software development should really know better than to let your stupid mouths run like shit from ass.
>>
>30 replies
>10 people
moot was onto something.
>>
>>2888701
What do you mean?
>>
>>2888660

Are you byuu? You act like they committed genocide or something.

>You mean the same way RA blatantly plagiarized emulation cores that it didn't actually have permission to distribute in the first place?

Please read up on licenses sometime and realize why you sound like a retard right now.
>>
>>2888554
Fuck off and die. You've shitted up too many emulation threads with this bullshit, you should be banned already.
>>
>>2888550
>trolling
>willful ignorance

It's like you're trying to be a fallacious as possible. There's a huge difference between GUIs and rendering a GL context, providing an audio resampling interface, interfacing with an external API, etc.

It's also funny how you keep calling out a name like that to sound like you actually know what you're talking about.

Also, shill gambit, etc. etc.
>>
The correct solution of this problem is
>Make sure system_directory is set to your BIOS directory. By default it looks in the same directory as the ROM/ISO for system files.
>make sure bios files are named scph5501.bin, scph5500.bin, and scph5502.bin and that they're the correct ones (compare the MD5 hashes with known correct ones when in doubt)
>make sure your CUEs are pointing to the BIN correctly, with no hard paths or wrong filenames.

It literally just works for me when these conditions are met. Contrary to what some people earlier are claiming, these are mostly the same conditions that the standalone Mednafen PSX has as well, so it's not really a bug or anything like that.

A lot of RA issues are mostly due to poor documentation but at least our wiki has some good guides. There's also a BIOS pack for RA on there with all the correct BIOS for most cores, so you don't have to hunt down many files.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Dummies_Guide:_RetroArch
>>
>>2888554
Don't know why you'd include Mednafen with that other garbage. Mednafen was a good, but niche little emulator set before it's PlayStation module matured and got assimilated by RetroArch.
>>
>>2888728
>GL context
>audio resampling interface
>interfacing with an external API

Aren't those all things themaister did before SP took over and ruined everything?
>>
>>2888740

RetroArch isn't garbage either, anon. Also, it assimilated nothing, because cores are always separate from RA. Mednafen-PSX having a libretro port never harmed it in any way. I don't know where that meme started.
>>
>>2888743
Yes, Themaister did those things. No, SP didn't ruin anything, in fact RA would be dead right if it weren't for him since Themaister stopped working on it over a year ago after taking a job with ARM Norway. It also probably wouldn't exist on anything beside Windows/Linux and maybe Android if it weren't for him and there would only be a few SNES cores.
>>
>>2888660

>We hate you.

Didn't know you were /vr/'s elected representative.

You need to take "We" and turn it into "I" because you are the only one who hates them that much right now.
>>
>>2888701
Yeah, it's always the same few people who get into intense flame wars over emulation software.

Most people on /vr/ just use what they feel like and don't bother debating over it.
>>
SoI need to be like a hypernerd and shit to play video games no wonder nobody understands you kids
>>
I swear there must be vampires around here that just feed off of RA drama
>>
>>2888578
Squarepusher, pls.
>>
>>2888771
Bullshit,mates. As of now, the shills have won.I suggest mod/admin megre all shilling and cancerous threads into one, and ban everyone who shills outside of them. Thoughts?

Prime examples.
>>2885425
>>2873091
>>2885172
>>
>>2888660
>We
Go back to Reddit newfag
>>
>>2889437

The_randomizer, pls.
>>
>>2889445

Why are you spamming that all over the place?

Do you realize you are far more annoying than the "shills" you claim infest /vr/? What makes you think mods are going to take orders from a weirdo like you?

sage for off-topic
>>
>>2888578
well, you do post the same and use the same rhetorics with every post.
>>
>>2889483
Right, and you're definitely Donald Trump, judging by your posting style and all.
>>
This thread has run its course, it's been answered. And it should have been posted in emulation thread or on /emugen/.

Just let it die.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.