[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hardware level clones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 49

File: IMG_20151228_200339.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_200339.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I just got a hardware level SNES clone from the 90s which plays everything with 100% compatibility. This is not a glorified android emulator with cartdrige slots (those abhorrent things don't even deserve the honor of being called a clone), this is the real deal, a masterpiece of reverse engineering. Have any of you gotten anything as glorious as this piece of hardware?
>>
File: Super_ProSystem16.jpg (96KB, 576x771px) Image search: [Google]
Super_ProSystem16.jpg
96KB, 576x771px
This console is awfully rare and it has quite a history. I don't really know where it was manufactured, but it was either in Brazil or China. This thing is so amusing because I don't really know of any other real commercial clone of the SNES. I believe there aren't many units left, I estimate there should be around 2000 at most,this it is extremely unique, being the only real SNES clone I personally know, aside from the counterfeit SNES (it does exist).
>>
>TPC-5

I love this series
>>
>>2882712
>I estimate there should be around 2000 at most
Based on what?

Looks cool though.
>>
File: IMG_20151228_204824.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_204824.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>2882751
By many things I will expose eventually, but one serious indicative is the serial number of my console. Mine is 01467. Considering most of my hardware serial number is way above the thousands, I do believe it is no coincidence I got a low s/n. There simply weren't many units produced --- this is a fact - as I will show later with its history. Besides, you'd have an awfully hard time finding this console for sale. Many Brazilians thought it was an urban legend.
>>
File: IMG_20151229_182116.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151229_182116.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
This clone has the same audio and image quality of an original SNES, albeit, as predictable as it may seem, it's not as crisp and clear as the image of a 1chip (which I can attest as I own one). Regardless, even though it is shaped after the super famicom, its cartdrige slot can fit any cart, because it's rectangular, thus the super prosystem 16 can play carts from any region natively, whilst the super famicom would never accept USA carts as they would not fit because its cartdrige slot is rather oval.
>>
File: 2j466gn.png (1MB, 842x960px) Image search: [Google]
2j466gn.png
1MB, 842x960px
This image depicts the shape of the cartdrige slot of a PAL SNES and it shows that its oval shape is incompatible with the form of a US game. Thus, as it can be seen, the super prosystem 16 has a universal design which plays all games from all regions.
>>
This is somewhat interesting... keep us posted with more info once you open it up and compare the innards.
>>
>>2882963
I definitely will, especially since I couldn't find any picture of its PCB in the internet, which is a testament to the sheer rarity of this console.
>>
you can figure out some basics about the inner chips without having to open the console by using a Lion King cartridge apparently...
>>2881275
>>
File: IMG_20151229_181526.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151229_181526.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Another aspect of this clone, rather common around 8 bits clones as I recall, is that it does not require any proprietary cables for any of its video outputs. As it can be seen, all it takes is a simple video cable for composite output. It should also be noted that is ac unit differs from the USA SNES's (even the plug-in is different), considering it is DC instead of ac.
>>
>>2883028
Oh wow, I'm actually puzzled as to what it would show, given that this clone has totally different parts. It would be amusing to know how it is detected. If I get my hands on this game or a flashcart I'll definitely do it.
>>
File: prosystem-81.jpg (181KB, 455x319px) Image search: [Google]
prosystem-81.jpg
181KB, 455x319px
This is a video of the super prosystem 16 playing toy story:

watch?v=vgj1LlZyurM

As it shows, the audio and image are on par with any original SNES. This console is supposedly produced by Chips do Brazil, which also churned out NES clones.
>>
>>2883029
The DINs used by most systems back then weren't proprietary. It was the best way of having RGB out, really, as SCART was too big of a connector for such devices.
>>
File: med_cartaz-grande.jpg (55KB, 302x480px) Image search: [Google]
med_cartaz-grande.jpg
55KB, 302x480px
The key factor of the super prosystem 16's rarity and scarcity is its own past. Chips do Brasil, the enterprise which had been producing NES clones for quite a while (regardless, even those are hard to find and fetch a considerably high price), decided to venture into the 16 bits generation around 94 by producing this little gem. They adapted it for Brazil, which ran rampant with false games from all regions, and attempted to sell it officially. In the 8 bits generation, there really was no legal measure against piracy, as Brazil was considered an irrelevant third world country. However, the Brazilian market was very lucrative and it strived for games, generating a huge gross revenue. By the time the super prosystem hit the stores, Sega and Nintendo had commercial interest in Brazil and they also had officially licensed two producers and distributors for their products: TecToy and Playtronic (Gradients + Estrela), respectively. Everything would be alright for the clones if it weren't for these two.
>>
File: megavisionuv1.jpg (87KB, 658x921px) Image search: [Google]
megavisionuv1.jpg
87KB, 658x921px
>>2883401
Alongside the Super Prosystem 16, a company named Dynacom also attempted to commercially sell its own clone, the Megavision, which copied the Mega Drive. However, for the woe of Chips do Brasil and Dynacom, shortly after the commercial release of their clones, the officially licensed enterprises promoted a legal breakdown against piracy, filing a lawsuit that led to the persecution of such products and their removal from the market. This was the end of the rampant piracy in Brazil which until then was widely neglected by the authorities and generated a large sum of money for the companies that exploited this gray zone, thus spanning many unique clones, with the Super Prosystem 16 among them, a mythical and tragical SNES clone that never truly saw the light of the free market and its profits.
>>
>>2882634
>i just got a clone and a few games and it works. can i had retros?
Yes. You're a faggot in so many ways but you officially qualify.
>>
File: good-job.jpg (89KB, 1181x1654px) Image search: [Google]
good-job.jpg
89KB, 1181x1654px
>>2882634
Back when we were kids, we used to know the value of having official hardware instead of shitty bootleg consoles. I guess growing up means finding new ways to lie to yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20151230_021927.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151230_021927.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Here' my glorious super prosystem 16 playing a superior Chinese made Lamborhini American Challenge. And they say video games are for kids.

>>2883701
>>2883661
I can smell your jealousy even from here as I play my superior Super Prosystem 16© which supports games from all regions, something you faggots can't do with your inferior hardware. Also, I get to enjoy the glorious and superior PAL-M whilst you peasants either have the shit NTCS colors or slow motion PAL games lel
How does it feel to be literally inferior in ALL technical aspects possible? O and did I mention my TCP 5? I won't describe it further so I won't humilliate and totally wreck your self-absorbed original hardware complex, I know it's hard not to have the superior clone.
>>
>>2882712
Why are SNES clones so rare and Genesis clones so common? Why have I not even heard of a TurboGrafx clone?
>>
>>2883796
I suppose it's due to its architecture and increasing complexity on a hardware level, or even its cost of production and distribution. I believe Nintendo was able to set up the SNES in such a manner that cloning it wasn't really commercially feasible. This is all speculation, though, and it could be that, much like in Brazil, there was a harsher legal control of copyright and patent infractions by the 16 bits generation. In the end, the Super Prosystem 16 is the only real hardware SNES clone I personally know, meanwhile I indeed do lose count of how many Mega drive hardware clones there are, as cloning it was ubiquitous.
>>
Cool bootleg, but you sound like a tremendous ass nozzle, OP.
>>
File: HitopGame-Milmar-prop.jpg (462KB, 776x1058px) Image search: [Google]
HitopGame-Milmar-prop.jpg
462KB, 776x1058px
>>2883843
I'm showing the obfuscating glory of console cloning. As a matter of fact:

>clones>>>original hardware

Here, have a piece of an NES clone, a magnificent piece of hardware many could only hope to have it in their dreams.
>>
File: cruisn-gif.gif (520KB, 370x260px) Image search: [Google]
cruisn-gif.gif
520KB, 370x260px
>>2883776
I am this guy:
>>2883701

you made me smile, thanks =)
>>
>>2882634
>ITT a kid blogs about his thrift store find and fantasizes it's worth more than the few 3rd world shekels it cost
>>
Does it really play all games?
If it does Kirby Super Star, Star Fox, SMRPG, Yoshi's Island and Super Game Boy then color me impressed. But anyway that's a very cool piece of tech OP.
>>
>>2882634
OP you sound like you have a mental illness. Also, I have an RGB modded 1chip SNES.
>>
>>2884457

doesn't every single poster here have autism? i thought you all knew this by now. why else would you be reading up on shit from 25 years ago.
>>
File: phantom1.jpg (156KB, 841x562px) Image search: [Google]
phantom1.jpg
156KB, 841x562px
>>2884460
It absolutely can handle those games like any run-of-the-mill SNES, yet it has many advantages over the original hardware. It's more of a novelty, truth be told, as I don't really know of any other hardware SNES clone from this time. The thing is, many third world markets have those gems but they are a neglected part of video gaming history, in Brazil, for example, there was a law that strictly prohibited the importation of technology (it was called Lei de Reservation de Mercado). So, given the major gaming companies did not take an interest in the Brazilian market, in order to supply for the demand, Brazilian enterprises cloned many consoles illegaly and without any juridical consequence for very long, until the legal breakdown on piracy. There are so many hardware NES clones it is unbelivable. Even the Chinese get jealous by Brazils' shameless and rampant console piracy and cloning.
>>
>>2884474

Do laws even matter in a corrupt country like that? I mean Murphy's Law is probably more enforced than Brazilian laws. =P
>>
I have a sort of fake NES thing myself. The funny thing is, while it has a slot for catridges, it doesn't need one since it has several games already burned in some chip inside.

However this makes me think, it is possible to actually reverse-engineer a SNES by yourself today? I mean, the ICs needed are still commercially available? And there are schematics online or you need a real piece of hardware?
>>
File: dynavision-propaganda.jpg (165KB, 674x943px) Image search: [Google]
dynavision-propaganda.jpg
165KB, 674x943px
>>2884457
I also have a 1-chip-1, but I trashed it after receiving this superior clone. Besides, If I wanted pixel clear quality, I'd emulate. Kids these days, they think they are cool just because they follow a dumb hivemind whilst all the games were developed and intended to be played in composite video with consumer grade CRTs.
Here, have a superior Atari clone which far outshines any original hardware
>>
>>2884492
I wouldn't have the technical knowledge for this I answer, but I just remembered there actually is another very rare and scarce SNES clone. It's called the GameStation, which is a mix of a Doctor Sf7 and a clone SNES (I'm not sure if it's on a hardware level clone or a hybrid). Regardless, it was sold around 2005 for 200 dollars and it did not accept and cartdrige as it lacked a slot, instead, it ran all games through a CD drive which only accepted a specific format of roms. It's awfully hard to find one of those today. It was produced by a renown Chinese video game store based in Hong Kong, Bung, swhich was dissolved by a lawsuit from Sony against them. They actually stopped production of the GameStation because it became increasingly hard to find producers of certain parts. So, just as you said, I think it would be harder today to do a proper hardware clone than back in the day, as there's no more mass production of many non-proprietary Chips of those consoles.
>>
>>2884496

Pull your head out your ass, OP. You sound fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: dynacom.png (378KB, 379x529px) Image search: [Google]
dynacom.png
378KB, 379x529px
>>2884516
Your jealous tears hydrate me: whilst I can choose from a vast array of diverse clones that feature many functionalities original hardware could never hope to support, all you have is a mass produced uniform hardware that every other kid in the planet has. Clones, on the other hand, are superior and unique. They look different are optmised to be superior to the consoles they clone.
Here, have some cloning goodness
>>
>>2884535

Meh. Poor attempt at bait you got there. You Brazilians must be starving if you think I'm gonna fall for that shit.
>>
>>2884474
sega mater system phaser
zx spectrum console
genesis controllers
nes cartridges

just wtf
>>
>>2882634
Are you still around OP? Where did you get that clone from?
>>
I wonder if that clone was done by TecToy. The way the pirates made 100% clones was by optically imaging and copying the die layers.

Only works if you can match the parameters the fab used to make the original, but leave it to hong kong (Most of the pirate chipsets were fabbed by the UMC foundry)
>>
>(those abhorrent things don't even deserve the honor of being called a clone),

Based on your statement you don't even seem to understand what a clone is yourself. Of course I hate retron, but it's just a little annoying seeing someone just hopping on the I hate retron bandwagon while having huge gaps in their own knowledge and understanding.

They're not clones. There's no "deserve to be called a clone" about it, they're factually and objectively NOT clones period.

A clone does everything the original hardware does. The Retron is no more a SNES clone than the computer you're using right now is.
>>
>>2884874
Yeah, I'm hanging around, I'm also about to get a Megavision from the mail, a Mega drive clone. I bought it all from Mercado Livre, it's pretty much a Brazilian version of Ebay, it has virtually anything you could hope for, but the prices are steep. There isn't any better option, as Olx ( br Craig's list) doesn't have anything retro but if it does, it's an overpriced wore down common console.

As a side note, this is the Magic Computer 95, a NES clone with many additional features such as its own program for chiptune composition and a word program.
>>
>>2883247
The DIN connectors used on the Genesis 1, NeoGeo, Turbografx and Master System were standard DIN-8. You bet your sweet ass the SNES-NGC A/V Cable was proprietary as fuck.
>>
>>2885036
Fuck what some of these fags are saying, OP. These clones are cool as fuck. Keep 'em coming, I've always been interested in 3rd party consoles.
>>
File: dr steevel.jpg (41KB, 420x360px) Image search: [Google]
dr steevel.jpg
41KB, 420x360px
>>2883701
If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.
>>
>>2884474
what are the advantages over the original hardware?
>>
File: kWAHjUJl.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kWAHjUJl.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>2885294
It's mostly a matter of compatibility, as the clone resembles the SFC but its cartdrige slot is different so it natively accepts games from all regions. Its advantages have been shown further up in this thread with more detail.
Those advantages are due to the design most clones have: they are made without any region locking or restriction and they tend to be cheaper than original hardware. One common feature of many NES clones is a DUAS SLOT CARTRIDGE SYSTEM which allows for the utilization of both 60 pins and 72 pins games, a clear advantage for the clones, given that in Brazil the gray market had both types abundantly. As it can be seen in the pic, the slot of the Turbo Game can be slid upwards or downwards for both 60 pins and 72 pins
>>
Ladies and gentlemen we have a new Edgar
>>
File: dynavision2.jpg (29KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dynavision2.jpg
29KB, 320x240px
Here's another curious NES clone from Dynacom: the Dynavision 2. The first iteration of this serious of consoles was actually an Atari, which has a striking resemblance with the second version and it was afterwards neglected by Dyacom as it hopped on the NES bandwagon. So the Dynavision 2 was Dynacom's first NES which they built from scratch by themselves and because of this it had a rather poor circuitry board. Regardless, Dynacom reutilized all the parts from its Atari clone to build this NES clone, thus it actually has a joystick shaped after an atari's. It must be amusing to play Mario with this dildo-like joy---stick, parents must have thought their kids were jerking off with much joy as they viciously swung their sticks in an attempt to not get destroyed in a Shmup.
>>
This is cool and all OP, but if you spent more then $200 on this you're a total tool.

Okay, so its a clone that does exactly what a SNES does. so? what perks does it have over the snes? And seeing as this thing is ultra rare i';m gonna guess you splurged a couple grand on it no?

Honest waste of cash. Spend your money on games, the things you play, not limited edtiion or glorified consoles that do exactly what the originals do. its a fucking waste of cash man.
>>
File: dynavision_001.jpg (24KB, 320x302px) Image search: [Google]
dynavision_001.jpg
24KB, 320x302px
>>2885834
Here's the first iteration of this series and it is the first and last Dynavision Atari clone, given that the others were all NES clones. This is the Dynavision 1, an Atari clone, which resembles the Dynavision 2 quite a lot, even the joysticks are very similar.
>>
File: images.jpg (28KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
28KB, 450x327px
>>2885835
Games are the real waste of money, considering that I can simply buy a flashcart and have the entire library of a cosole inside an SD card and play it all in the original hardware. Hardware, on the other hand, is far more important and clones are very unique. As for the price I paid for my Super Prosystem 16, it cost me 350 reais, the rough equivalent of 85 dollars.
Here, have an uncommon TecToy wireless master system which wirelessly transmits the image to the TV which is shaped in homage to an homonymous Brazilian comic book character. And it's pink, like, wow, so kawaki desu ~~~
>>
File: 1434562409267.png (19KB, 196x229px) Image search: [Google]
1434562409267.png
19KB, 196x229px
>>2885857
>Flashcart

Oh great, you're one of those.. You don't even like games, you just want physical garbage to look at just like every other wannabe /vr/ poster.
>>
>>2885857
>Flashcart
>have the entire library of a cosole

No you don't. You can't play anything with SuperFX.

Which means no Yoshis island, no Superstar, no Starfox, no Star ocean, no SMRPG, or any other famicom JRPGs.

I'd hardly call that " the entire library of a cosole"
>>
>>2882797
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_tank_problem
>>
>>2885861

Yeah, you're right. It's only compatible with over 99% of the entire SNES library... How foolish of me not think about your autism when I type these things.
>>
>>2885861
Those are all fairly common games. Like just buy those and play the rest. It's less than 1% of the library
>>
>>2885886
>>2885901
>Just buy the others

Your inconsistency and lack of attention to order is most disturbing
>>
>>2885861
One must also consider the awfully inflated prices of retro games. I can't help but deem striving for a retro collection a mindless drain of money. The S2snes has an awfully excelling compatibility and it's about to implement almost all relevant special chips.
>>
>>2885814
>psx bluray laserdisc edition
>>
All clones have extremely shitty controllers. There is absolutely nothing superior about them versus an original console. Your "it doesn't have the tabs in the game slot" argument has very very little weight to make it a selling point. Fuck those controllers.
>>
>>2885886
You're both right. He's right it doesn't play everything and you're right you're foolish.
>>
>>2886065

nice samefagging there, dipshit.
>>
>>2886078
If everyone who thinks you're retarded was samefag there'd only be two people in the world dingus.
>>
>>2884582
>Master System was very popular in Brazil because of Tectoy.
>I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to look like a 7800, not a Spectrum.
>Genesis controllers are very nice to use
>I don't know why it wasn't 60-pin carts but whatever
>>
>>2884880
No, Tectoy had Sega's blessing and was a legit distributor.
>>
Thanks for the history on hardware clones OP, I really dig this kind of stuff.
>>
>>2884489

That's no reason to bash it as a "corrupt country". I won't get started on politics here, because it's irrelevant to the topic and not something you can summarize in a mere thread.

The thing is, the Market Reservation Law was a strategic move to preserve and boost national products and technology on it's sales and development. But then, how the fuck would brazillians have access to video game consoles? Well, they'd either have to create their own or "bootleg" it. Now, unless you're a self centered, spoiled and alienated retard, you can't actually expect a country who's never ventured in video games in a serious economic level to suddenly become the next nintendo. So they did make famiclones and super famiclones, indeed, but those were basically the original hardware inside a custom made case. Thanks to these practices, the popularity and economic response to videogames caught the country by surprise, and like every other country, business is business, so eventually this market was established and recongnized, the stupid Law removed, and today Brazil is a country responsible for a big slice of the video game industry's profits, like many other countries.

TL;DR : business and politics are made by those with power, and as soon as they see profit, laws are changed. This happens everywhere, you'd be wise not to call it " corrupt country", as you might live in one as well, for that matter.
>>
>>2886225

The autism is strong with this one.

Yes, I do live in a corrupt country and I know it. I could say that no matter where I lived. I've been to South American markets and seen all the bootleg stuff. Piracy is even semi-legal in some countries. All I was saying was "do you really think Brazilians were gonna obey some retarded copyright law? Hell no". No need to get all SJW on me now. Totally uncalled for. Maybe I'm Brazilian for all you know. Eat dick.
>>
>>2886225

OP sometimes talks like a spoiled brat helplessly trying to prove himself, but in many ways he has great points over the quality of these clones (some of you don't consider them to be so, but whatever).

The Phantom System is a great example of a perfectly designed famiclone. He basically uses a NES hardware, but without region restraints. The Atari case is a convenience: the company responsible for the famiclone had been responsible for introducing the Atari in Brasil in the past. They were very succesfull, but as the years went by, Atari was losing game against Nintendo and Sega, just as Gradiente (the brazillian company cited before) was about to bring the Atari 7800 over. Fearing a bad business, they cancelled the production, and focused on bringing NES clones, and put the 7800 stock parts to good use, in a elegant, dark console, with comfortable controllers, a nice zapper and region friendly slot.
>>
>>2886230

Alright, my mistake, then, though you should express yourself better in your text. It can be interpretated as a bashing to the country by the way you wrote it. I can't see your face or hear your voice, so interpretation is all we have.

Keep your autism hive-minded mockery to yourself, though. That's as uncalled for as the SJW shit you accused me of. And i don't really care if you're brazilian, raising a flag was OP's first and biggest mistake in this thread. Instead of a nice discussion of clone consoles, he started speaking as if he was from a superior country with superior games. Now we have all this shitposting, and mine's included i guess.
>>
File: 695111-MLB20496710832_112015-F.jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
695111-MLB20496710832_112015-F.jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
>>2886198
You're welcome. Did you know there is a real counterfeit SNES that was sold as if it were original? It looks exactly like a genuine hardware, but in reality it is an extremely faithful clone. There were many rumors about it back in the day, as some kids said their consoles could play games from all regions natively, without the need to remove the physical restrain the genuine consoles had. It turns out they were really tricked by a masterfully crafted clone. There was a listing with one for sale not too long ago and I kept its photos. This is the pirate SNES in the picture. Nobody could ever doubt that it is not the real deal.
>>
File: 176111-MLB20481524432_112015-F.jpg (259KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
176111-MLB20481524432_112015-F.jpg
259KB, 1200x900px
>>2886829
It really does look genuine, but if you actually open it up, then you'd be in for quite a surprise! Not only is the board full of capacitators, it is also much smaller than the genuine SNES PCB.
>>
>>2886829

I'd have to see it up close in person, but the paint job looks pretty shitty and would probably give it away... something tells me that looking at the bottom of the console would be an immediate way of verifying it's authenticity though. There are hundreds of fake PSP clones for example that look just like a PSP, but upon closer inspection it becomes obvious that they're knock offs.
>>
File: 123111-MLB20481525169_112015-F.jpg (155KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
123111-MLB20481525169_112015-F.jpg
155KB, 1200x900px
>>2886842
I highly doubt that you'd be able to pick it apart from the real SNES, unless you could compare it side by side with the real thing. This clone has gone to great lengths in order to imitate the genuine console, it even has a serial number in its back as the image depicts.
>>
File: molded.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
molded.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>2886857

Bingo. It's an obvious counterfeit here by a simple glance of the bottom... just like I said.

SNES either has 2 or 4 rubber feet on the bottom. the 2 rubber feet version always has the FCC ID label molded into the plastic, whereas the 4-foot one has the sticker... This here is an odd mix of both with a shoddy serial number sticker as well... Maybe someone that never owned an SNES would fall for it, but a collector would immediately know better.
>>
>>2886862

OP wouldn't know that because he can only compare it to other fake consoles. kek
>>
>>2886838
Hey man if you're the owner do you think you could take some more pictures of the chips on the main PCB?

Really curious to see how they did this.
>>
I'm going to assume most parts were imported from Taiwan or wherever and simply assembled in Brazil. If console were illegal I can see how they could get the components and the casing shipped separately and simply assemble them in Brazil to sale to the public. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>2887391

>consoles
>sale = sell

Sorry for typos
>>
File: missed.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
missed.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>2885265
>>
>>2886829
>exactly like a genuine hardware
You clearly don't own a SNES.
>>
OP: Do yourself a favor in 2016 and BUY SOME FUCKING DECENT GAMES TO PLAY.
>>
File: DSCF6518 - Copy.jpg (835KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6518 - Copy.jpg
835KB, 1500x2000px
>>2886862
Some of the very last North American SHVC models actually looked kind of like this. They had the FCC ID sticker like earlier SHVC consoles but had a white serial number sticker above it similar to the later revisions, rather than a silver serial number sticker below, like most UN1 consoles.
I have one odd console like this with a UN2 serial number but an SHVC motherboard inside. The bottom half of the housing even uses the earlier mould that fits the large RF shielding for the SHVC boards.
>>
>>2887437

That shit's Canadian... Almost as bootleg as that Brazilian shit. kek
>>
File: mark_meh.png (198KB, 377x295px) Image search: [Google]
mark_meh.png
198KB, 377x295px
>>2887409
/thread
>>
>>2882634

>those uneven buttons on the controller
>those hideous colors

I will NEVER step foot on Brazilian turf. Fuck you and your cholera infested hometown OP.
>>
holy shit when did /vr/ become /v2/?
>>
>>2887094
Unfortunately, I could't really buy it, so there's nothing I can do. However, there's this video of another counterfeit SNESwhich depicts everything you want to know, but it should be noted that this is actually another pirate version, different from the one I posted as the PCB is much larger and its appearance also differs. Also, it is broken and extremely rusted, but the video shows all the internal components of the clone.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtixKU0Ftz0
>>
>>2887706
Just the same handful of idiots spewing shit in every direction, ignore them and enjoy the pictures of knock-off hardware.
>>
Hardware clones are okay but still fail at perfect reproduction that the originals have.

Just buy an original SNES, there are a ton still in perfectly good condition.
>>
>>2887706
Where have you been?
>>
>>2882634
This is the best /VR/ thread in awhile OP. I can't believe that I learned as much as I did. Good job!
>>
It's been a while, but I came to dig out an extremely rare NES clone produced by Dismac, a company renown for its calculators: the Bit System. It is one of the first clones of the NES produced in Brazil and it stands out for its resemblance to the original hardware. It has an awfully poor build quality and its controllers are terrible. It breaks very easily. Not many units were produced and considering how unreliable it is, working units are very scarce. There is one Bit System available for sale in Mercado Livre for roughly 300 dollars, it's fully functional and CIB.
>>
>>2887902
There are many types of clones, most of these tend to be awful, but there are some with excellent build quality which actually surpass the original hardware. Also, hardware clones are 100% compatible with the systems they take after.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 384x384px
>>2888187
I appreciate your input. Clones are a very peculiar phenomenon in the video game industry and compose its very history. The 8 bits generation has so many clones it is easy to lose count.

Unfortunately, the quality of the clones has degraded an awful lot. In Brazil, master systems and Mega drives are still under production under an officially Sega licensed company, TecToy. However, the systems it produces should be considered a terrible software clone at best, the audio is especially bad. As of now, new in box master systems can be bought for about 50 dollars in stores. They are called the Master System Evolution and come with 130 games built-in but don't support cartdriges. They look like repulsive plastic toys and they lost the hardcore edgy look consoles had in the past.
>>
>>2888821
Well fuck. I was thinking about importing a BR SMS to try and save on the price a bit, but if they are no longer worth buying then I'll just get an official Sega NA SMS.

Are there ANY good TecToy SMS's, or were there ever?
>>
>>2888784
>there are some with excellent build quality which actually surpass the original hardware

while i appreciate you posting all the mercadolivre ads that give you a hard-on, please refain from talking out your ass with statements like this. no clone is ever going to be superior to the original hardware... please just get that in your head right now and stop spreading bullshit factoids and put your Brazilian pride in check. Let's keep this realistic and objective.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (15KB, 530x278px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
15KB, 530x278px
>>2888826
The contemporary TecToy hardware boils down to cheap and insipid emulation with poor audio. However, the TecToy original hardware was excellent and its Master System Compact line was baffling, I still long for a wireless Master System Girl, unfortulately it's rare and expensive. Too bad TecToy is incapable of properly producing a real hardware level product nowadays, instead, all we get is unusual all in one emulators, like this Mega Drive.
>>
>>2888837
Yeah, but how much are these original TecToy SMS's? Or are they considered RARE!!!L00K!!! collectors items now?
>>
File: icon_xl.jpg (31KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
icon_xl.jpg
31KB, 400x311px
>>2888821
Sega really don't care what company's do with a license do they
>>
It's easy to find NES/famiclones right now, but I haven't seen much for SNES/superfamicoms.

I'm thinking of pic-related, because it's cheap enough ($23USD on banggood) and would be fun. Anyone know of superfamicom/SNES clones in this low price range? I'm assuming I can't find them because I'm searching wrong. All I come up with is overpriced, dual system, or retrocon garbage.
>>
File: 25022009081.jpg (228KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
25022009081.jpg
228KB, 1600x1200px
>>2888829
My very Super Prosystem 16 which is standing right in front of me is factually superior to any original SNES and it has many additional features. Also, considering how many Genesis revisions there were, I can assure you the Megavision is far, far superior to the later Genesis 2 models. So your statement is blatantly misinformed and false.

Here, have a picture of the Megavision, which is factually and objectively much better than any Genesis model 2 ever produced.
>>
>>2888849

yeah, okay... we'll all just take your word for it. your opinions are beyond biased.
>>
>>2888847
You should be careful because modern day "clones" are actually emulators with poor compatibility. I don't think it is hard to find a good console, be it original or a clone, from back in the day for cheap. I also totally recommend a Chinese multicart for the NES. As for the SNES clone, the Super Prosystem 16 is the only hardware clone I know and you'll never find it for sale but if you do it'll be expensive. So you'll have to give up and either get a software/hybrid clone or a real SNES.
>>
>>2888849
>saying a clone is better because it has "additional features"

Adding additional nonsense to the products is the common Chinese craptastic trick in the book.

You should see my fake PSP which even has a builtin webcam... not even an original PSP has that and this only cost me $24... Pull your head out your ass. Do you even have original consoles to compare these clones to? It sure doesn't seem like it...
>>
File: 25022009088.jpg (480KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
25022009088.jpg
480KB, 1600x1200px
>>2888865
I'm stating facts, just take a look at this video and you'll see how wrong you are.

watch?v=poz3yzcYPfo

Besides, look at the picture of the PCB of the megavision, it even has some of the same chips a genuine genesis has.
>>
>>2888880

I'm looking at it and I can't get over that shoddy glue-gun job. Looks like a shitty build to me.
>>
>>2888875
As a matter of fact, I do have a one chip SNES and a TecToy Mega Drive 2 like the one in the photo to compare to my clones and I can assure you they are superior. Don't make whopping generalizations from a Chinese junk you bought, it doesn't represent the vast universe of clones. I actually bet you don't have a real hardware clone.
>>
>>2888891
It's so bad it's still fully functional! What an awful build quality!
>>
>>2888897

so your only means of measuring build quality is "but it works"? now it all makes sense. just look at that shitty build, anon. i swear you're trolling. GTFOOHWTBS
>>
>>2888880
>it even has some of the same chips a genuine genesis has

Well, if it has SOME of the same chips then it must be BETTER than the original, amirite guise?
>>
>>2888868
>So you'll have to give up and either get a software/hybrid clone or a real SNES.
Ah. So, basically, raspi and two good SNES style USB controllers is as good as it's gonna get?
>>
Other than being region free, what makes your SNES clone better?
>>
File: SAM_0107.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0107.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>2888902
The youtube video I linked is a full testament to the quality of the mega drive clone (a scorpion xvi) and it's done by someone who actuay knows what he is talking about instead of someone who thinks he can evaluate the build quality of a console from its photo. Also, I'm playing Sonic in my Megavision just as I type this and rejoice in your tears of ignorance. It has been doing a great job and proven itself superior to the Mega drive over the time.
>>
>>2888914
This is the tipping point for its superiority, as otherwise it has the exactly same quality of an original SNES (aside from the one chip which has a glaring image and compatibility issues, thus being a type of clone too).
>>
File: MDPlay_comCartao-2_580px.jpg (50KB, 580x267px) Image search: [Google]
MDPlay_comCartao-2_580px.jpg
50KB, 580x267px
>>2888907
Indeed, considering the real hardware route can be very expensive. And always run away from the glorified software clones, like the one in the picture, a TecToy developed Mega Drive portable console with many built-in games.
>>
OP is fucking hilarious. Trolling everyone here big time. Nice one, Ronaldinho.
>>
>>2888915
>I'm playing Sonic in my Megavision just as I type this and rejoice in your tears of ignorance.

9/10 troll bait
>>
>>2889063
tears of ignorance?

I'm dying over here
>>
>>2888868
Retro Duo/Retro Trio are hardware clones.
>>
At least the Russian gamer was honest enough to admit that all the Dendy clones made for Russia were absolute shit. This Brazilian is a fucking jokester. Since when is Brazil known for quality electronics? Those pics alone are evidence of the shitty labor.
>>
>>2889081
>Retro Duo/Retro Trio are hardware clones.
Got a link to a teardown or annotated image that shows the guts? Out of curiosity.
>>
>>2889067
>I'm dying here
Literally. From either aids or gunshot wounds

I'm not an amerifat. After I typed that statement realised how it is just as applicable there as well
>>
File: 8B1lYQ0.jpg (3MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
8B1lYQ0.jpg
3MB, 2304x3072px
>>2889143
Top is nes, middle snes and bottom mega drive
(its retro trio)
>>
>>2889472
is that glue on the board?
>>
>>2889524
It better not be anything else.
>>
>>2889542
I was hoping these components/ribbons would be solder on. Why the hell would they use hot-glue?
>>
>>2889558

Because they're superior to the original consoles. Brazil produces trees to make rubber and is one the greatest exporters of that product. Everything we do here is better than anywhere else in America. We are da best mayne... ah deed it!
>>
>>2889581
You certainly product the best faggots for OPs.
>>
>>2889472
Thank you.
>>
>>2889581
Damn right, mane, dem gringos don't know where it's at. Regarding superior clones, there's also an 8 bits NES clone from Chips do Brasil which produced it rather late as it had competition with the 16 bit systems and it eventually got shit-canned alongside the Super Prosystem 16 due to the lawsuit promoted by Playtronic. Truth be told, this model is most definitely a mere rebrand of a Chinese manufactured clone as I've seen the exact same model as this one for sale in Argentina under a different brand. It is reputed to be rare and it can fetch a considerable price under Mercado Libre listings, although the same console with a different brand is rather common in other Latin American countries, even in the USA.
>>
>>2890684
>chips do brasil

Is that your national cuisine?
>>
>>2890684
Those controllers look very cheap yet comfortable.
>>
>>2882634
the amount of autism in this thread is unbelievable
>>
File: medium_46972_2545907250.jpg (26KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
medium_46972_2545907250.jpg
26KB, 500x405px
>>2890913
They seem sturdy to me, actually, I can't help but deem the original NES controllers far more fragile as they aren't as bulky. Regardless, this is the Top System produced by Milmar, which also happens to be reasonably rare because it was released in 94 alongside the 16 bits generation, so it had a fierce competition and it was considered obsolete. It's controller has a striking resemblance to the PC Engine's.
>>
>>2882712
would you be interested in this?

I live in this shithole, you know. pretty sure you can still find this stuff MiSB.

hell, Polystation is still a top seller.
>>
>>2891640
This console in your picture is going for 380 reais without any original accessories in Mercado Livre. I believe it's a niche product so I don't think it will be sold any time soon at this price tag unless the right buyers stumbles into it. I'm led to believe there simply aren't many working units in existence. If it were readily available, there would be many more offers.
>>
>>2888845
wily wars tho
>>
>>2891773
Just how valuable is it, though? I'm not a big fan of the S/NES, not enough to collect for them that is, but I might consider it depending on how rare this thing is.
>>
>>2891597
I say the Prosystem-8 controllers look hollow and brittle.
>>
>>2892014
I'm not awfully invested in 8 bit clones, and as I mentioned, the Prosystem 8 is actually a rebrand. I've seen the exact same console being sold under a different brand in Argentina, Mexico and the USA, even Spain. Regardless, I believe it is considerably scarce, so it is in fact rare, but its value is up to you. The major problem is the sheer lack of availability in the market. As long as you're willing to pay for it, it'll have worth, brushing off the potential speculation over it.
>>
>>2883603
aww thats too bad, i was hoping this story would end with a bizarre psx hardware clone
>>
>>2892061
I would love to see hardware clones of recent consoles. Could you imagine some enterprising Nigerian or Vietnamese men reverse-engineering an Xbox 360 or or PS4?

Shit would be amazing.
>>
I like your vernacular OP, you sound like you're a lot smarter than me.
>>
File: woah_nelly.jpg (147KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
woah_nelly.jpg
147KB, 1368x1026px
>>2892115
They've worked out get rich schemes
Surely reverse engineering consoles 20 - 30 years old is part of there 5 year plan
>>
>>2888880
Does it have the ladder effect from model 1s? That's all I need to know.
>>
>>2882712

>Eject function
>>
>>2892680
Of course! There would be nothing worse than buying a console with exchangeable games and not being able to take them out.
>>
At first I was kinda on the fence, but FUCK YOUR THREAD OP.

>/thread
>>
>>2882634
>Anyone got something remotely as awesome?

Yeah, an actual SNES instead of some chink crap.
>>
>>2894472

Thank you for putting OP in his place. Delusional Brazilian muthafucka has me wanting to crash a plane into their Jesus monument.
>>
>>2890885
>Thinking third-world countries have food.
>>
>>2894472
OP doesn't have "chink crap" either.
>>
>>2895025

debatable.
>>
>>2895025
Check it out lads. This knob gobbler thinks Brazil is electronics.
>>
>>2895161
Check it out, lads. This knob gobbler doesn't understand quite how these worked.

This was most likely manufactured in Brazil, bro.
>>
>>2895182

"assembled in Brazil" doesn't make it Brazilian parts.
>>
>>2895212

I actually don't ever recall Brazil _having_ any chip foundries, so it'd have to come from outside the country, wouldn't it?
>>
>>2895212
>>2895229
There is evidently small scale companies that do chips so idk, it's a toss up.
>>
>>2895235

you can clearly see chinese writing on the far right of these boards >>2888880
>>
>>2895257

>on the far left side of the board. not the right side. sorry
>>
>>2889472

What's with the 2013 date?
>>
>>2895257
That isn't what OP posted though.
>>
>>2895257

which basically means they imported all the parts from Taiwan or wherever and then just assembled them in the most half-ass way possible with a glue gun and meanwhile OP is all proud of this shit. kek
>>
>>2895264

yes it is. it's one of them he posted.
>>
>>2895235
Lots of small companies design chips. AFAIK none manufacture them. Chip fabs are extremely expensive to build.
>>
>>2895270

Do you really think they went as far as designing them only to then assemble them with a glue gun?
>>
>>2895268
Okay? It's not a picture of what was posted in the OP. It's not even a clone of the same hardware, or made by the same people.
>>
>>2895340

Have you been paying attention to this thread? OP is talking about multiple clones here... According to him these are all "made in Brazil" (debatable) and all "superior to the originals" (an obvious misconception of his).
>>
>>2895391
Have you been paying attention to what post I was responding to? I was specifically referring to the SNES clone in the OP.
>>
>>2895440

the chink crap versus OP's shit argument is the same exact thing. stop being a nitpicking faggot.
>>
>>2882634
>playing a bootelg game on bootleg console
Why? Just use a emulator. Thanks god for my wii+CRT tv combo
>>
>>2895551

he will as soon as he can find a Chips Do Brasil "brazilian" USB joystick. kek
>>
>>2887529
I live in this shithole and Op payed a shiton of money for that shit clone. The retro scene in Hueland is full cancer, filled with overpriced "Rare games" even the bootleg shit
I always advice my freinds: Do you want play retro games? Justs stick on emulators,buy a good pc and controls. Even richfags is shit for start from 0 with good retro stuff
>>
>>2895571

Ecuador is pretty similar. Although occasionally I get lucky and can get a more valuable game for something like $20 from someone that is just glad to get that much. But definitely no thrift stores nor flea market prices on anything here.
>>
>>2895551
That Wii SNES emulator is hot garbage buddy

Support ended a while ago too
>>
>>2895580
What is retroarch?
>>
>>2895583
Not very good yet, probably never will be on Wii.
>>
>>2895583
>>2895580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2E3RZrXPM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq9KINJ44e0
>>
>>2882634
>OP Live in Brazil
>No using a good PC, wii or even a shit rasp B 2
Enjoy buying overpriced crappy
Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcOnS2VQgXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta708GtCF44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHvXYnWCc6M
>>
>>2895586
better than giving money for Hues overpriced stuff.
>>
>>2895578
>>2895571
Why is this? What's stopping me from coming there with a bunch of shit I got for dirt cheap and selling it for slightly less than the norm down there?
>>
File: wiisoftmod.png (512KB, 1060x907px) Image search: [Google]
wiisoftmod.png
512KB, 1060x907px
>>2895580
>>2895583
RetroArch_1.2.2.zip
FCE-Ultra-GX-v334.zip
genplus-gx-1.7.5-RC1.7z
SNES9X-GX-v432-Mod.zip
VisualBoy-Advance-GX-v232-Mod.zip
>>
>>2884535
You are so ridiculously full of shit. This thread started out informative, but you've ventured into total insanity.
>>
>>2895646

probably the fact that despite there only being about a dozen people in the entire country that collect this stuff, people price things off the internet. so just because people price things high here doesn't mean that they're ever going to sell... just that people are money-hungry bitches.
>>
>>2882962
Wouldn't it have troubles with the 50Hz:ednes of PAL games, though? Even if the cartridges would go in?

I hear most PAL games don't work if you put them in an SFC (NTSC-J).
>>
It should be noted that OP isn't even posting actual pics of his, but ones found in online ads. He doesn't even have these consoles in his possession to be evaluating their quality etc.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-726796500-vendido-_JM
>>
>>2895856

and more stolen pics...

https://segaretro.org/Megavision
>>
>>2895856
He obviously has one and is trying very hard to justify the price he paid for the turd rescued from a Brazilian landfill.
>>
>>2895856
Get the fuck out of here, dumb ass. Not a single one of those pictures is in this thread.
>>
>>2895995

keks do brasil
>>
>>2895856
Why would someone lie about owning this piece of shit?
>>
>>2896128

I'm sure in Brazil everyone is flaunting their fake Nikes and Jordan gear with cocky pride as well.
>>
File: indeed.png (9KB, 763x114px) Image search: [Google]
indeed.png
9KB, 763x114px
>>2896064
Pic related
>>
>>2896147
they run in games with 100% accuracy
>>
>>2896184

you sir just won the internet tonight.
>>
File: shouldhavewornadidas.jpg (78KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
shouldhavewornadidas.jpg
78KB, 992x744px
>>2896184
It's only 99.9%
They couldn't run this game the way the developers intended
>>
>>2896235

Fuck Brazil.

Argentina owns you all.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.