[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 106

File: G7UWo.gif (64KB, 350x360px) Image search: [Google]
G7UWo.gif
64KB, 350x360px
>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472

Old Thread: >>33019203
>>
File: 1470802847268.gif (872KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470802847268.gif
872KB, 540x540px
First for Explosions
>>
>>33046392
Koga used Explosion with his Weezing in my Red Nuzlocke but I had used Dig with Dugtrio so I got out of it
>>
File: White_Rando_2.png (111KB, 1421x691px) Image search: [Google]
White_Rando_2.png
111KB, 1421x691px
Is it just me, or does gen 5 have a much higher crit chance? Here's the team right now. I'm still fiddling with the template, but I think it looks pretty good.
>>
>MFW the geodude explodes but Birch survives anyways
>>
What've my /nzg/-bros been up to, today?

I hike around Mammoth Cave National Park all day and saw a lot of wild animals up close. It made me think about would it would be like to be a Pokemon Trainer, wandering out in the woods, hunting for rare Pokemon and being alone in solitude.
>>
>>33046773
Well, I started a Black playthrough and got rekt early on but things are going better for now.

Did you enjoy your hike, my good man?
>>
>>33046773
Just started a Platinum nuzlocke and made it past the 2nd badge

hope the hike was nice, what animals did you see?
>>
>mfw I miss out on a F1 Paras in Mt. Moon because I stupidly ran out of pokeballs
>>
>>33047008
>>33046938
I had a good hike!

I usually spy animals occasionally because I live in a rural area of Kentucky, but I got up close to a bunch. I think because they live in a national park, they are used to people and aren't very skittish.

>Saw a family of squirrels, two younger ones following a mother. The were about four feet away from me on a bridge. They let me look at them for a minute before shooting off under the bridge.
>Saw two deer (does). One actually let me stand about 6 or 7 feet from her and just look. she was really little, so I chanced to reach out and touch her, but her ears tilted towards me and she sniffed hard before turning tail and walking quickly away
>Saw a fat opossum walking down the same trail as me, left him alone, but he didn't seem to want anything to do with me. And spied a raccoon cut across the trail ahead of me, I guess he thought I didn't see him.

Most exciting was "original entrance" to Mammoth Cave. From here, the cave is a 400 mile tunnel that winds through the earth. It was cold and just made this loud "empty" sound... Like a quiet roar deep within.
>>
File: Template_2.1.png (86KB, 947x500px) Image search: [Google]
Template_2.1.png
86KB, 947x500px
I don't know how i'm getting through Sinnoh with all these Electric weaknesses and this stupidly underleveled team, praise Super Potions

Team:
Birch (Grovyle Lv. 21)
TeamRocket (Zubat Lv. 19)
Chrono (Bronzor Lv. 17)
The God (Bibarel Lv. 17)
Sucker (Beautifly Lv. 20)
Nice n Wet (Shellos Lv. 19)
>>
File: save over.png (8KB, 948x657px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
8KB, 948x657px
>>33046470
So I've made it to Indigo Plateau
Only 1 death in the entire Nuzlocke so far because after I got Dugtrio and he learned Slash and Earthquake it became a cakewalk to go anywhere
Dugtrio
Kadabra
Pidgeot
Nidoking
Snorlax
Venusaur

I think I should grind the other pokes up somewhere near where Dugtrio is but I almost think he can handle Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and Cactus alone, Lorelai is probably the only real challenge
>>
>>33047171
Original entrance? As in, the official one they use is different?
>>
File: original-entrance[1].jpg (58KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
original-entrance[1].jpg
58KB, 300x450px
>>33047415
>Original entrance?
There are hundreds of entrances to Mammoth Cave, 4 or 5 sit around the visitor center that's in the park. I think "Original Entrance" is the one that was first discovered by settlers in the area. (I think it's also the biggest entrance that you're actually able to walk down in to.)

Looks like something a GODDAMN ZUBAT WOULD SWOOP OUT OF.
>>
After wiping on Blue in Soul Silver a few months ago I can't find the motivation to start another SS nuzlocke. There's just so much fucking grinding. Way more than any other nuzlocke I've done/tried
>>
File: save over.png (6KB, 918x576px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
6KB, 918x576px
>>33047398
>grinding in pokemon mansion
>weezing explodes on snorlax and he dies
fuk
gonna just go do the E4 like this
>>
File: save over.png (12KB, 918x576px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
12KB, 918x576px
>>33047484
Crushed my way through Agatha and Bruno but Lorelei offed Tracey and almost killed Rhone, but a Hyper Potion fixed him up after the fight
>>
>>33047459
Oh, neat. How explorable is it past that entrance, or do they try to keep you on that path there?
>>
File: save over.png (9KB, 941x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
9KB, 941x979px
>>33047503
I lost Rhone and Bristle in the final fight with Gary, leaving only Charlotte and Smiles as my victory team
BUT I did beat the Nuzlocke, so at heavy cost we still win
>>
>>33046773
Playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood with my girlfriend. We took a while to get started, and our whole Free Company's already doing end game raiding. So, we're trying to catch up. Besides that, we're trying to buy a house together, and the inspection's tomorrow, so we're hoping everything goes well there.

Nuzlocke-wise, still grinding for the Bridge of Friendship in my Y Nuzlocke.
>>
Planning on going gen by gen with water starter nuzlockes. Just about to take on Misty in FR. I've gotten garbage nature's except for a modest Oddish. He's the bastion of hope. No deaths yet, just grinding to level 21 before I take her on. Also treating gyms like the E4. 1 shot to go through.
>>
>>33047582
Forgot picture.
>>
>>33047552
>my girlfriend
I fucked her
>>
>>33047618
Something tells me you've probably never fucked anyone, actually.
>>
What's the best option in Celadon city for a Red Nuzlocke? Abra or Eevee?

My terrible team is :
Beedrill
Dugtrio
Pidgeotto
Growlithe
Magikarp (gonna grind him up)

with Oddish, Spearow and Ekans in the PC
>>
>>33047912
Abra is one of the best options every time, especially back in Red/Fire Red
I always either buy one or try to catch one
>>
>>33047952
Yeah, that's what i thought, I was thinking about Jolteon because I need an electric type for Lorelei, but i'll just go to the power plant or teach Thunderbolt to Alakazam
>>
Doing a blind platinum run. Currently in heartbroken, how much do I stand a chance against fantasia?

Chomper/Gabite 19
Roid Rage/machop 25
Rafiki/monoferno 26
Rochelle/graveller 25
Rita/floatzel 26
Wensday/gastly 16
>>
>>33048005
Fucking auto correct.
>>
>>33047483

I think HGSS are the worst games to run for this reason.
>>
I know /vp/ doesn't like TPP but I'm interested in trying out TPP Crystal rom hack. Seems like a really fun rom hack.
>>
File: tppnuzlocke1.png (69KB, 1903x860px) Image search: [Google]
tppnuzlocke1.png
69KB, 1903x860px
>>33048194
And we'll begin. We actually start in Pallet and chose the Kanto starters. Gonna only apply the rules until I get Poke Balls so Axion is my first member
>>
Nuzlock question:. So, just started a White Nuzlock, it's going very well, except, I forgot that when you talk to one NPC in the Dreamyard, they just *give* you an elemental monkey, this is before the dreamyard's grassy area are available. (A) should I keep it, or box it, and (b) could I catch a Pokemon in the Dreamyard later?
>>
>>33048238
its in the area so I'd count it.
>>
File: tppnuzlocke2.png (129KB, 1903x860px) Image search: [Google]
tppnuzlocke2.png
129KB, 1903x860px
>>33048227
We have a team now. We are at Pewter City. Brock is pretty much free as fuck
>>
File: tppnuzlocke3.png (137KB, 1903x860px) Image search: [Google]
tppnuzlocke3.png
137KB, 1903x860px
>>33048286
Took a bit. I forgot this hack had the Physical/Special split so Vine whip wasn't one shotting Brock's mon.

Best part of this hack is TMs have infinite use. TM was Sandstorm so I'm not gonna have much use for it
>>
File: 8 gyms hype.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
8 gyms hype.png
6KB, 240x160px
Things that have happened today:

>post Tate and Liza stuff, cleared out every route including 128 up to Pacifidlog
>got three Zubats in a row in Seafloor Cavern, so I just decided not to bother catching the last one
>beat Maxie no sweat
>caught Golbat in Cave of Origin
>defeated Groudon ridiculously easily - Pelipper 3KOed with Ice Beam AND outsped it somehow
>defeated Wallace, though not without a close call - forgot Lanturn was at the same level as his Seaking, so Horn Drill could have killed me
>thankfully, it missed, also he actually switched into Whiscash from Milotic so I had to bring Sceptile back in

Next time, I use Dive to finish up the Abandoned Ship, do the horrendous routes 132-134, and any Waterfall stuff before Victory Road. The end is in sight!
>>
File: My revenge.png (7KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
My revenge.png
7KB, 256x384px
Started my new run after wiping last night and did a little early morning training. Cheren, I will have my revenge, and I'm coming after Cilan next.
>>
>>33048005
Should be okay
>>
>>33047379
is my shitty, underleveled team going into Hearthome (Chrono and God just joined so i'm grinding them)

what levels should I grind to going into Fantina?
>>
ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive
>>
>>33048972

Finally completed everything up to Victory Road. Even got the Acro Bike in order to clean sweep everything and try for a Safari Zone 4 encounter - a Heracross that fled after like 12 turns. Caught a Ludvisc in Evergrande that didn't even have a Heart Scale, and basically didn't bother with the rest of the water encounters. It's like I could either try up to three times for like Horsea or Corsola, or I could just not bother because I have plenty of Water types already. Victory Road is the last area for a catch, and it could be a good one or another shitty one just like almost everything else I've got this entire run. Seriously, I've had pretty bad luck with catches this run, minus Absol.
>>
>>33048315
So I ended up wiping from a Team Rocket grunt that had a raticate that knew flame wheel. Not sure if I wanna start again but with a new starter.
>>
File: 1498016447577.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1498016447577.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
Jesus christ, almost lost my Manectric to a Wobbuffet. Went from full HP to 4.
>>
>>33049047
Good stuff. I'm rootin' for ya, anon.

>>33048972
>>33049781
I know how you feel but I can't feel bad for someone with an Absol AND a Lanturn.

>>33049641
Someone should make a nuzlocke playlist.
>>
File: 1491775288376.jpg (3KB, 96x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491775288376.jpg
3KB, 96x125px
>>33050576
And just now a Weezing missed a surprise thunder on my Poliwrath.
>>
I remember asking before but anyone got a good romhack of FireRed for me to nuz next? I'm feeling on a roll and want my dreams crushed but in a way where it's entirely my fault
>>
>>33050624
I'm almost 100% sure you're talking about Eusine. Are you playing HGSS? SGSS?

>>33050667
I'm doing FireRed Omega right now but it's stupid. I've heard good things about Gaia and Vega.
>>
>>33050692
What's stupid about it? and not to sound like a tremendous fag but you got a link for the others?
>>
>>33050692
>>33050624
I'm playing SGSS.
Wasn't Eusine, just finished the Team Rocket hideout in Mahogany Town. It was one of the admins.
>>
>>33050741
Fuck this game, paralyze, hail, whirlpooled into perish song. Lost my best tank.
>>
>>33050580

Perhaps. It's like the only luck I've had. Victory Road gave me another Golbat as well, but only three strikes for dupes clause will do that to you.

Got through Victory Road, nearly lost Swellow to a crit but 3HP is still alive. Burned my most useful TMs that I was hoarding in case of lategame deaths as well as sell off shit ones (I will never use Focus Punch in this run, nor Rock Tomb at this point) to afford more Ice Beam and Flamethrowers. Now it's just the grind (plus my 16 Rare Candies I was able to farm) and the final push. I'll make it, but I expect to have a loss or two.
>>
File: post 2.png (134KB, 517x509px) Image search: [Google]
post 2.png
134KB, 517x509px
For most of this game I've been rocking Water and Ice types, which has been a little bland, but after the unfortunate death of Koda III, I caught an Eevee! Elemental stones aren't too common, but fortunately since there are 3 that work on Eevee, I lucked out. I've been carrying around a Fire Stone for a long time, glad it finally got some use, and I now have my first Fire type of this run. I gave it the EXP Share for now because I'm about to grind out the team Aqua and Magma bases, and I'll have to do some training before taking on Maxie. He took a good mon from me in my last run, so I don't trust him anymore.

The Game Corner had some good TM's, it'll cost me 30,000, but I think I'm going to get Earthquake. Any opinions on the TMs I have? I don't think I've used any yet, besides Flamethrower on Flareon.
>>
Well

my team is stupidly underleveled, you can't get to solaceon or the mansion until you beat Fantina and even after that you have to beat barry

and the only things i have that are decently-leveled are Grotle, Beautifly and Shellos
>>
>>33050713
Brock has a Vulpix with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and Substitute

That about sets the tone for the game.

Also, I don't have them on me right now, but I'll try to get them later.

>>33050741
>>33050904
I've considered playing SGSS (farthest I've gotten is Bugsy) but you're scaring me.

>>33050994
Grotle gets Bite and Gastrodon is a blessing. You'll do fine.

>>33050964
It's smart to fight trainers to grind and maybe get enough money for TMs? I forget if R/S have rematches.

>>33050979
Damn, Bambi V's still alive. What a trooper.
I don't know what learns what but I'd totally teach stuff Shock Wave/Softboiled/Crabhammer.
>>
>>33050713
Each Gym leader has some decently leveled Pokemon (Koga is in the 50's, Giovanni's ace is 71 if I remember correctly), they all have 5 dual typed Pokemon for coverage in their type, and then one off type (Brock has a Vulpix, Misty has a Togetic, shit like that.) If you go to the Sevii Islands before the E4, it turns all their Pokemon into level 100's because glitch.

>>33051050
Agreed. Rascal I got Shock Wave, Sultan IV got Crab Hammer, and Mimsy II got Softboiled.

Bambi V broke the curse, probably because it's my favorite Pokemon. Rascal I is the real trooper. Not too many close calls with him either.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170717-145532.jpg (632KB, 1063x716px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170717-145532.jpg
632KB, 1063x716px
>>33050979
I FORGOT MY PLAN

JUST WENT RIGHT UP TO HIM AND TALKED TO HIM LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT

>I DESERVE THIS PT. 3

You will be missed. Mimsy II, level 8-37.

Maxie was an Electric type trainer. It was Mimsy and Koda or bust. Koda got a saving crit, it's the only reason I got off so easy.
>>
>>33051050
Shellos won't evolve into Gastrodon until after fantina, but he does have HP Ghost
>>
>>33049252
Rita ended up completely sweeping with crunch. Left me a little surprised. No losses and on my way to veilstone.
>>
File: IMG_1633.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Never played ORAS but I found a cheap used version in excelent condition and decided to grab it.

Here's what survived the first gym after Roxanne and that fucking Marril eith rollout on route 116 almost wiped me.

Dead count:

Caracas the Zigzagoon
Morelia the Cascoon
Cancun the Lotad
Melbourne the Wingull
Tennessee the Whismur

I dont remember the gym order because I havent played rs in 10 years but I think Roxanne was the worst match up for Torchic and I might be able to rise feom the ashes.
>>
>>33049325
Platinum?

Post teams and levels.
>>
>>33051624
doing Fantina rn, i'll post after the battle
>>
>>33047505
Well, it's a long, single tunnel that you can follow quite a ways down, but eventually there is a big metal vault door (Almost like Fallout or something.)

Pretty much any path you take through it is going to have a tour guide unless you find your own entrance. I was down there right after the last tour had ended, so I was free to roam around alone for a little while as long as I didn't go past the second barrier. It was pretty cool, but kind of spoopy.
>>
File: Template_3.png (87KB, 947x500px) Image search: [Google]
Template_3.png
87KB, 947x500px
>>33051624
TIL that Fantina's mismagius has magical leaf. RIP the god

Team:
Birch (Grotle Lv. 24)
Nice n Wet (Shellos Lv. 22)
Sucker (Beautifly Lv. 21)

thinking about training either Bronzor or Meditite
>>
>>33051702
Bronzer for sure. Sorry for loss man, glad you made it out with most of your team intact.
>>
File: Best Team.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Best Team.png
8KB, 256x384px
Alright, so I beat Cheren, went to the dreamyard, trained a bit, caught a Ralts, trained some more, beat Cilan, beat up a bunch of preschoolers for money and bopped Cheren again!

Oh, and I caught Redwood the Seedot. I've never used one before so I hope it's decent.
>>
>>33051814
Yeah Grotle pretty much carried the fight
>>
File: 001-001.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001-001.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
So my green translated rom had a fatal glitch outside cerulean and i can't find the right version for the (only) decent translation anywhere

sigh.

i'll just skip it and start with blue already
>>
I am on my fourth Platinum nuzlocke attempt and I have to say, this is harder than I thought. First one I wiped to random Machokes in the wild, second time I wipe even earlier to SELFDESTRUCT Geodudes, thris I actually wiped to the rival in the first battle with Piplup doing 5 per hit. Now I am worried, is this possible? How did that Marriland guy do it?
>>
>>33052347
>wiping to Machokes
carry a flying type, they're literally fucking everywhere

>wiping to kamikaze Geodudes
what are Grass/Water types (again, everywhere in sinnoh)

>"wiping" to the first rival battle
that doesn't even count, dude, just means you'll have to grind a bit more

here's your (you)
>>
File: 001-002.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001-002.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
dangit, onix having fire blast nearly gave me a heart attack. thank fucking god my team was ready for it and it alone. a solar beam would fuck my shit up. gym leader clause had me using uvka and tuplac only

wanted to record the fight for a quick webm but i don't think the retroarch recording function really works? if anyone have any tips about how 2 video, i'd appreciate it
>>
File: generic hgss.png (71KB, 630x471px) Image search: [Google]
generic hgss.png
71KB, 630x471px
Currently doing a Heart Gold nuzlocke, and just got past Chuck, losing all but my starter. I have begun to rebuild. What level should I grind to for Jasmine and where is a good spot to train at this point in the game?
>>
>>33051648
Huh, that's pretty cool. Are there any bats that roost in there, or is it too well lit and such for them to want to?
>>
>>33051371
at least you've got an electric resist sitting in the box. right?

>>33051882
lucky you! i'm pretty sure seedot wrecks shop at least a little in this game. stupid bullet seed.

>>33052347
marriland is a god
try doing a wedlocke, maybe he'll take pity on you

>>33052486
iirc Jasmine's team are low level 30s.
honestly you should have no problem with her
also i usually just grind off of tentacool, won't be much help there
>>
>>33052525
>Marriland is known for his godlike Nuzlocke skills
>But that Sun Nuzlocke

And people deny Sun and Moon being top tier Nuzlocke difficulty.
>>
>>33052610
>Marriland is known for his godlike Nuzlocke skills

by who? he's a fat ugly autist as "good" as the team fourstar idiots claim to be
>>
File: .webm (1MB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
.webm
1MB, 320x288px
webum test.
>>
>>33052610

yeah, Sun and Moon are actually fairly difficult if you try to keep level limits and limit the use of the Exp Share. Kukui can absolutely wreck you if you don't have good checks for his team, hell even Hau's post-Akala fights at times are difficult if you didn't get good catches.
>>
>>33052645
You might want to see if you can remove the text about starting/stopping the recording, and keep in mind that it records a bit past when you tell it to stop.
>>
>>33052655
It's got the same thing that Kalos has, where random trainers will suddenly break out stupidly strong Pokémon with huge coverage. Main difference is that Alola also has really tough boss trainers. Nanu's Persian, Guzma's Masquerain, Acerola's Pallosand. I can't even tell you how many mons I've seen die in various Nuzlockes that first time Hau breaks out his Raichu.
>>
>>33052692
>Guzma's Masquerain

Don't remind me of that. Almost got completely swept by that thing in my Moon Nuzlocke. Talk about a difficulty spike.
>>
>>33052713
I still can't believe that a Masquerain at the end of the second act of the game can be considered a difficulty spike now. What an age we live in.
>>
>>33052726
It's sad because you wouldn't expect a Masquerain to be as tough as it actually winds up being. Base 100 Special Attack and 80 Speed isn't bad in a game full of slow Pokemon. I mostly blame having lower levels to my near-loss to Guzma.
>>
>>33052758
It's the coverage that makes it tough. Inaccurate though it may be, no one wants to risk getting hit by a Hydro Pump. In my Moonlocke, I actually had Guzma out-predict me. Had Mudsdale out, he sent out Masquerain. Here comes the pump, I thought. Switched to Bruxish to take the hit, but nope, there came Bug Buzz. My poor fishy.
>>
>>33052848
Another sad thing about his Masquerain is that it literally only has Air Slash and Bug Buzz. When you're used to coverage moves, you sometimes switch into a risky situation.
>>
File: drawing .png (803KB, 1331x1662px) Image search: [Google]
drawing .png
803KB, 1331x1662px
It's time to face Koga! Or at least on the road to face him.
Streaming progress, come on in if you want!
>>
>>33052946
I FORGOT THE LINK!!!!
https://picarto.tv/fooliofailure
Thats where you tune in!!!
>>
Whelp, my White Nuzlock just ended, a scant 10 hours in at the first gym.
The gym leader's lilpup got up to four workups, then revealed it wasn't slower than my fastest Pokemon, but was, in fact speed tied. The subsequent Bite one-shot my purloin, and then my lilpup, and my emboar, and my pansage. 4-0 sweep by the gym leader. RIP Odyssey, NES, SNES, and Atari.
>>
>>33052988
>emboar

also your fault for letting him set up
>>
>>33053002
I know. My Purloin just wasn't able to put a dent in his HP. And I picked Em- er, tepig because I haven't ever actually used him.
>>
File: americanpsycho.jpg (27KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
americanpsycho.jpg
27KB, 460x300px
>two explosion criticals during victory road

I'm done. I'm so, so done. Never touching a pokemon (or my 3DS) ever again
>>
Man, fuck the Furfrou double battle in X/Y, that shit is broken. First death of the run, and of course it's my starter. RIP Heath Ledger (fitting).

Does the Snorlax count as the Route 7 encounter or can I forgo it somehow? Also how can I check on my friendship cause I'm sure Azurill should've evolved by now.

Current team before Snorlax
Adelle the Azurill (Quiet, Huge Power) lv 17
Grande the Bunnelby (Quiet, Cheek Pouch) lv17
Johnny D the Pidgeotto (Sassy, Keen Eye) lv18
Paul Rudd the Butterfree (Careful, Compound Eyes) lv17
Taylor Swift the Skiddo (Calm, Sap Sipper) lv11

Boxed are a Budew and Sentret.
>>
>>33053178
I personally discount mandatory encounters. Treat the Snorlax as a boss, kill it, get a different route 7 catch.
>>
>>33053235
You can also wind up with a bug from the berry farm on rt 7 as your first catch. It's how I got an *amazing* Volbeat. Tail glow + Signal Beam carried my team for a good while.
>>
>>33053235
>>33053296
Ended up killing the Snorlax and catching out front of the Daycare. No regrets cause I found a Flabebe
>>
File: 012 DIAMOND__31735.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
012 DIAMOND__31735.png
10KB, 256x384px
>>33053379
is this team enough for the final stretch of victory road-diamond E4

i'm too afraid after losing torterra, backupbirb and backupshellos (and almost losing medicham) and i'm going to be pretty fucked if bibarel retires and i lose my HM slave but i don't think there are still any pokeballs for me to find inside victory road?
>>
>>33053402
I'm guessing you're doing a no item run? There are a few ultra balls on Victory Road. I honestly don't remember D/P's Victory Road being too tough.
>>
>>33053170
I'm sorry, anon.
But if it was from wild pokemon then it was totally avoidable.

>>33053178
I keep hearing about that, yikes. Try walking around more and doing Amie crap or whatever it is you do in that game.

>>33053235
I personally think that's cheating, but whatever. I get it.

>>33053402
I think you'll do fine.
>>
File: Layout1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Layout1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Jesus fucking christ.

Talk about a wild adventure full of salt.
So last time I posted was just after the lake of rage. It went well against team rocket, no problems. But then came Pryce with his Lapras. Whirlpooling my Spiritomb into Perish Song, that was the first casualty.
Silver came next, critting Thyplosion with a shadow ball, this one still hurts because it was my starter and fave pokemon. He's my bro.
Manectric, another part of the core team got critted by Areana's Milotic. And trust me, there are more crits on the way.
I forgot the last admin, but his Gyarados had EQ of course, bye bye went the newly trained Magnezone. Giovanni did not take kindly to that, which surprised me since SS/HG doesn't have Giovanni fight you like that. Bye went lake of rage Gyarados and a Exeggutor I just trained and gave Grass Knot, Reflect & Psychic. My team was really fucked against his ground types.
Claire decided that wasn't enough and had a Salamance crit Walrein.
Oh and then when I added a high level Gligar to my team it got killed by a swords dancing Leafeon, this was my mistake I thought it had no bulk but it survived a poison jab. Jesus it has like 110 defence.

Now this is what's become of the team. I just have to take the two routes to victory road now.
>>
>>33053470
>I personally think that's cheating

Well here's my logic. Forced encounters not only lead to consistency, which I feel is against the Nuzlocke spirit, but it also gives you some super good stuff sometimes. Snorlax, for example, can walk through a good chunk of early X and Y if caught. I classify it the same way I classify the guaranteed Pidgey on Route 1.

It goes both ways, too. Forced encounters are bosses, thus I require myself to kill the Box Legend as well. Even if I have to catch it to proceed, o must kill it once, then catch it.
>>
>>33053435
>I honestly don't remember D/P's Victory Road being too tough.

Then i'm just retarded
Lost three members of my team and now the grinding will take forever because this fucking piece of shit game is so fucking slow you can't help to speed up and then something selfdestructs and you're dead

fucking hell i fucking hate gen IV
>>
>>33053768
just do Platinum it's much faster
>>
I fucking quit.

My Pokémon Village encounter was a Ditto. This ditto transofmred into my Gyarados, refused to let me escape, DD'd twice, and killed it.

My Gyarados is dead to a fucking Ditto.
>>
>>33054078
I'm sorry Anon.
>>
>>33054078
>>33054090
I swear I like X and Y. I really do. But trying to Nuzlocke them is about the least fun thing I have ever done in the franchise. I'm going to buckle down and complete this damn thing, if for no other reason than so that I never have to do this again.
>>
>>33054043
i have to do all games anon, its my punishment

now i have a full water team (30 levels behind) just like emerald but with no pelipper to bail me out

god have mercy on my soul for this no speed grind lest i have them killed as well
>>
FUCK!
So, just reset White after losing my last nuzlock to the first gym leader... And I pick Oshawott as my new starter. You guys know how White starts right? Beat Bianca, then beat Cherin? Whelp, Bianca is a pushover, goes down after one tail whip and two tackles, but Cheren... His Snivy just outspeed me, and starts our fight by landing a crit. My 2nd nuzlock on white ended before I could even name my starter.
>>
>>33054390
That's why most people allow until you get pokeballs for the rules to go into effect.
>>
File: Capture.png (64KB, 737x489px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64KB, 737x489px
I finally did it, I made it to Victory Road in a Pokemon Clover Nuzlocke, it's been a hell of a ride.

Streaming the endgame right now
jollynuzcrew.com
>>
What levels should I grind to going into Maylene and what should I grind up

Team is:

Birch (Grotle Lv. 27)
Sucker (Beautifly Lv. 25)
Nice N Wet (Shellos Lv. 26)
Chrono (Bronzor Lv. 22)

things i'm thinking about using are Melvin the Roselia and Opera the Gastly
>>
File: Template_3.1.png (90KB, 947x500px) Image search: [Google]
Template_3.1.png
90KB, 947x500px
>>33055195
forgot pic
>>
>>33055195

Maylene's ace is level 32. You are severely underlevelled. Evolving Grotle at level 32 may seem cheap but it'll help. You also need more team members badly.

>>33054185
XY can be surprisingly tricky, but I have no idea how you're having THIS much trouble. You've had almost as many deaths as I did in my Wedlocke. True, there were no item limits, but still, Wedlockes just put you in bad situations all the time.
>>
>>33055973
I couldn't tell you. This is actually going much better than my previous two attempts so far. I managed to beat Platinum, with the same ruleset, with 8 deaths total, keeping in mind that 3 of those were in the Pokémon League.

Something about X and Y just really gets me.
>>
Decided on starting a YetAnotherFireRedHack nuzlocke this time, makes me feel silly but I seriously can't get enough of revisiting Kanto

first reply picks starter between Snivy, Piplup, and Torchic
>>
>>33056154
Pig Snivy, jude
>>
>>33056182
You got it
>>
>>33052206
Sorry to hear that my dude

>>33052347
Git gud. Stop playing it like a regular game. Train your Pokemon more, use items. If you're failing this hard, either reevaluate what you're doing and fix your mistakes or quit playing.

>>33052417
I'd suggest OBS. Instead of having it record your screen, go into the options for the recorded area and select your emulator.

>>33052486
>All but my starter
Holy ow, that's gotta suck. At that point I'd honestly just work on the routes before Olivine, and then surf and level. Find something that's a 2nd stage and grind on it.

>>33052692
>>33052726
>Masquerain
I used to love this mon, when RS came out, I used it in every single run. I'm glad it's finally good retcon its typing to Bug/Water right fucking now

>>33052953
>>33052946
>streaming
>no trip
If you're going to be a fag at least do it all the way so we can search your name in the archive.

>>33053402
iirc no, I'd train up to 57 before going in. Cunthia has a few level 60's

>>33054078
f :(

>>33055079
if only this wasn't 5 hours ago
>>
File: save over.png (10KB, 913x736px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
10KB, 913x736px
>>33056192
Okay so grabbed a Sentret on Route 1 and took multiple balls but grabbed the Nidoran on route 22 so right now our party is

Rhone(Snivy) - Level 9 - Hardy - Overgrow
Bristle(Nidoran) - Level 3 - Modest - Hustle
Crim(Sentret) - Level 8 - Brave - Hustle
>>
File: 1483953283560.jpg (40KB, 545x503px) Image search: [Google]
1483953283560.jpg
40KB, 545x503px
>tfw you fuckup your first LG nuzlocke on lance forgetting that dragonite is weak to electric and lose the whole goddamn thing
>>
File: save over.png (13KB, 918x770px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
13KB, 918x770px
>>33056237
Okay, nabbed me a Caterpie on Route 2 and a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, think they might have upped the chance to get it with that luck.
>>33056348
>dragonite is weak to electric
unless im forgetting it being an old change Dragonite is hit neutrally by Electric
>>
>>33056353
yeah you're right
>>
File: save over.png (13KB, 941x771px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
13KB, 941x771px
>>33056353
>rush to Brock so I can grind up Snivy
>FIGHTING TYPE GYM
>send out Butterfree for Confusion spam
>SCRAGGY
hhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: HOF.png (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
HOF.png
12KB, 240x160px
So I defeated the Elite Four and Steven in Ruby, deathless as well.

Sidney:
>kind of annoying, lots of switches, the only battle Swellow did anything in

Phoebe:
>Absol swept solo with Shadow Ball and Bite

Glacia:
>The only real time Camerupt was able to do much, against the two Glalie
>Lanturn having Thunderbolt was a godsend for everything else

Drake:
>where Sceptile did the most work, followed by Lanturn again

Steven:
>by far the hardest, but OHKOed Skarmory so no Spikes to deal with at least
>Cradily got a +1 in Ancientpower but Sceptile was still faster
>Pelipper, after doing nothing to the E4, became MVP here, taking most mons out
>Metagross was really scary, lots of luck on my end by it missing, even though it got a Meteor Mash +1 to attack, meaning Camerupt couldn't switch in or do anything
>also Lanturn tanked a +1 Earthquake with a mispredict, thank god for the defense increasing nature
>was scared of Armaldo after Metagross went down as my team was battered, but Pelipper OHKOed with Surf

The winners:
>Jake the Sceptile
>Charles the Pelipper
>Vulture the Swellow
>Vivian the Camerupt
>Lohank the Absol
>Jason the Lanturn

And the fallen along the way:
>Holt the Makuhita - died to a Magnemite's Sonic Boom on turbo so I have no idea what happened - snowballed into two more deaths to Wattson as a result
>Rosa the Mightyena - even Intimidate does nothing to a Self-Destruct crit from Wattson's Voltorb
>Gina the Vigoroth - Wattson's Magneton got a crit
>Amy the Dustox - died to a Breloom's Counter on Route 119 after I got cocky with Gust
>>
>>33056481
Grats, dude.
>>
hey guys if I use the dupe clause and I encounter a pokemon that previously died does that mean that it doesn't qualify as a dupe? Or how do you guys interpret it?
>>
>>33055973
fair enough, i guess i could use more members but i don't know what to take out of box aside from maybe Roselia/Gastly
>>
File: nuzlocke stuff.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke stuff.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
>Beat blind Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke with no losses and a trainer ID of 00911.
>Now starting blind X Nuzlocke
>Trainer ID is 55555

What the fuck is up with me getting these crazy trainer IDs lately?
>>
>>33056812
It's person-to-person; I personally have always been of the opinion that dupes clause means that line is dead if I catch one. So if my Ziggy dies I can't catch a Linoone later.
>>
>>33056946
okay thanks
>>
>>33056812
dupes clause is enough of a crutch already, don`t make it even easier by allowing duplicates when it benefits you
>>
>>33056971
I'm not sure how having to catch another pidgey would benefit me after the last one I hated died, but thanks.
>>
File: nuzlocke team.png (2MB, 1681x1050px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke team.png
2MB, 1681x1050px
>>33056938
Now I know there's a guaranteed pidgey coming up in the first patch of grass. Does that count towards route encounter or do I KO it and go for the first actually random mon?
>>
>>33057022
generally people just KO the pidgey and see what comes up next
>>
File: 20170718_232859.png (842KB, 1440x1073px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_232859.png
842KB, 1440x1073px
Saturn's Toxicroak really did a number on me. Came down to Andy having to hit a Fire Blast or my whole team could have been wiped

(Also Chad is dead I just use him to fly around)
>>
>>33056980
it would benefit you greatly if you had no other flying pokemon to catch for the rest of the game and suddenly got another chance to erase your mistake in allowing pidgey to die

either fully commit to dupes clause or dont use it. half-assing it to your benefit is lame
>>
>>33057095
so then the dupes clause really isn't a crutch because it handicaps you on common pokemon you need for HM's?
>>
>>33057107
but then allow you to capture all sorts of other pokemon you never would, abuse it so you can capture what you want (including legendaries) and never limit your team to true RNG like having four zubats and five poochyenas

so yes, it's a crutch
>>
File: nuzlocke team.png (2MB, 1681x1050px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke team.png
2MB, 1681x1050px
>>33057022
Oh joy. I'm going to become Doctor Bees at this rate.
>>
>>33057107
Most people would use HM slave clause as well anyway if they were out of a Fly/Cut able pokemon. Dupes clause don't handicap you for shit.
>>
>>33057115
Yeah but on the older games RGBY/FRLG not using the dupe clause pretty much guarantees a team of pidgeys, spearows, zubats, rattatas because of the limited pool of pokemon right? I didn't want to abuse it to construct my team or get legendary I just wanted variety. Is it better not to play with the dupe clause at all?
>>
>>33057156
>Yeah but on the older games RGBY/FRLG not using the dupe clause pretty much guarantees a team of pidgeys, spearows, zubats, rattatas because of the limited pool of pokemon right?
Not really, it's greatly exxagerated. I mean, for sure you're going to have more than one pidgey/zubat/rattata/poochyena but there are so many routes in these games you can mostly ignore them or box them forever and still have a 10-15 solid and varied team even without using dupes clause

"the game would be nothing but zubats" is a meme people wanting to cheese dupes clause love to repeat, you'll be fine
>>
>>33057182
okay thanks for the advice, I'm not trying to be an asshole I've just never played through like this before
>>
>>33057188
FRLG alone have more than 50 routes for you to catch stuff, and lots and lots of good and varied giftmon in cities/places with no encounters which you could use to balance your team in an emergency

even if you had the worst RNG ever and got like 30 zubats you would still have 20 mons to pick a good team from, this from captures alone

as i said, you'll be fine, don't worry too much. learn to love the zubat squad
>>
>>33057205
Whats your opinion on emulation speed? I've seen some people talking about how they speed it up on the originals.
>>
>>33046198
I'm going for my first ever nuzlocke run. I'm planning to do Theta Emerald EX.

I know the general nuzlocke rules somewhat, some say not to use PokeMarts, but how do I get Pokeballs?

And also, what happens with the Revives I find on the ground?

If there are no "set" answers then at least give me your suggestions.
>>
>>33057228
There are no set answer
I don't think "no pokemart" is even close to a common playstyle. It's just something a few people do to up the challenge, like gym leaders clause

As i'm playing with no buying items i'll tell you what i do - you find pokeballs around the world and trust your senses to find hidden items. Older games gave you enough pokeballs to make a team (but force you to consider some encounters, which i like) - newer games literally drown you in free pokeballs so its not an issue

Revives, you sell them. What else? "why sell it though? what's the worth of money when you dont use pokemarts"? I have a delicious secret for you my friend....... the gamecorner is not a pokemart. All that money you would use buying healing items and balls will be used here instead
>>
>>33057255
Well Theta emerald EX doesn't really have much ground items, actually there's only MegaStones and Rare Candies here and there, and I think around 3-4 Revives up to Elite 4, so I suppose buying Pokeballs is a must do.

Anyway, thanks for your time. Since it's my first run, I guess buying some 5-10 healing items in each Mart is a good start.
>>
I always read every message in these generals, but I never post the progress of my own nuzlockes. I've been doing a stream of a nuzlocke every so often on Twitch. Do you niggas want that or do you want less trip faggery e-celeb shit in this general?
>>
>>33057374
post your link, as long as you're not annoying people will watch it

just dont facecam or be one of the HEEEEEEEEEEY GUUUUUUUUYS THIS IS DARK GARDEVOOOOOIRS NUUUUUZLOOOOOCKEEEEE
>>
>>33057423
this:
>just dont facecam or be one of the HEEEEEEEEEEY GUUUUUUUUYS THIS IS DARK GARDEVOOOOOIRS NUUUUUZLOOOOOCKEEEEE
>>
>>33056231
Last night I had a death in victory road and had to grind so I didn't finish. I'll do the last rival battle and elite four tonight
>>
>>33057374

Most people who use trips in nuzlocke threads do it for identification so you know it's their nuzlocke. It's not super necessary, but it's not as crap as the rest of the board.
>>
Restart Sun,

Lv 13 Litten (Chrollo)
Lv 8 Pikipek (Uborghin)
Lv 5 Pichu (Kurapika)
>>
>>33057622
I can identify most people just by the way they post/pokemon names anyway

Never tripfag on 4chan
>>
File: team7.jpg (135KB, 1144x279px) Image search: [Google]
team7.jpg
135KB, 1144x279px
BB2 challenge mode, just past Skyla

A triple battle gym was a pretty interesting idea, even if I took out her first 3 'mons in a single alpha strike (rock gem rockslide)

Also, Victini does feel like a completely different class of monster after finally getting V-create.

That said there is one major flaw with the hack at this point: trainer levels are fluctuating around the low-mid 40's while Skyla's highest pokemon was lv 53, so either I ensure my team is capable of taking gyms and utterly wrecks player teams on the way or else I'm probably losing half my team each gym
>>
What should I grind up now that my Bronzor's at a decent level?

>>33055201
things in box are pic related, killed off my route 214 catch (4 geodudes in a row fuck that)
>>
I kind of want to do a Gale of Darkness Nuzlocke but how would I go about it? Selection is limited even when you're not playing with self-imposed rules. Would each floor of a building be considered a different area?
>>
>>33056481
Congrats my man!

>>33057213
I definitely speed up, it still takes ages even with the speed on

>>33057374
Just tripfag. I like to watch everyone's progress, so when I miss a post and a Pokemon I like dies, I enjoy being able to go back and find when that happened.
Also streaming is encouraged, at least by me.

>>33057457
Agreed

>>33057601
Alright, I'll see if I can do watch it. Just depends on whether I'll remember or not.

>>33057640
You can't use the find function when the names are in pictures though.

>>33058141
Use your best judgement, I don't remember much of the game.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 216x155px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 216x155px
>Tate and Liza is a Steel type gym
>Regular ass Magnemite uses Spark
>Half of HP gone on Feraligatr
>His Sp. Def is at 77
>Rest of my water types have it at 66, 79, 72
>Magneton is almost guaranteed on their team
>It'll probably be lethal damage, especially if it has Tbolt

ffs
>>
>>33058319
magnemite, surprisingly has a 95 base sp-attack stat
3th highest of all first stage mons
>>
>>33058432
>3th

but yeah, it is pretty high considering it's not evolved
>>
What levels should I be at for Maylene in Platinum
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-135934.jpg (636KB, 1071x698px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-135934.jpg
636KB, 1071x698px
>They start with Magneton and Foretress
>Leave the Magneton with 1HP with Flamethrower, finish with Surf's piss poor damage
>Flamethrower is lethal on the Foretress
>Surf puts both their Metangs within Flamethrower range
>just flamethrower twice

Well that was fucking easy. Literally the easiest gym fight. They didn't even have a Scizor.

>>33058610
29 if you have SE, 32 if you cant deal with Lucario.
>>
Figured I would update you guys on my Blaze Black journey.

caught a Woobat named Soo Woo that ended up dying to a trainer's Luxio, evolved my Seedot into a Nuzleaf, and caught a Machop outside of Pinwheel forest.

I ended up beating Lenora but I lost both Tyson the Machop and Redwood the Nuzleaf in the battle, RIP my dudes.
>>
File: Team post-Lenora.png (7KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Team post-Lenora.png
7KB, 256x384px
>>33058889
and I thought I added the screenshot of my current team in my last post but I guess I didn't.
>>
Doing a run of eccentric emerald. I have a rare candy and a nincada and Im planning on using it in a city with no other spawns to get shedinja. Is it even viable in nuzlockes? I have never used one in game
>>
>>33056436
>go through Mt. Moon
>catch an Onix (found the table for encounter rates in the download folder 40%)
>make it through unscathed but barely
>Surge is the gym leader of Cerulean
>get to bill with a bunch of near losses
>Skip surge to go to Vermillion and get the Vs Seeker
>its replaced with the Macho Brace
Do I just go look up EV Values and turn this into a game of farming EVs for a bit?
>>
>>33058903
I like Hooters and wottersgate, funny names friendo
>>
File: Capture.png (198KB, 961x646px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
198KB, 961x646px
Just got my shit rocked by a gyarados in eccentric emerald. It ohko'd flume, which wasn't the biggest loss because I was going to replace it soon anyway, but then I wasnt thinking and switched in amelia and got ohko'd by bite. That sucked because it was my highest leveled pokemon. Then I lost axo to a ohko because of a crit thrash. I hadn't lost a single pokemon after the first two gyms, but now I lost my two best. Im extremely butthurt.
>>
File: Template_4.png (95KB, 947x500px) Image search: [Google]
Template_4.png
95KB, 947x500px
Gastrodon is a godsend

Team:
Birch (Grotle Lv. 29)
Sucker (Beautifly Lv. 28)
Chrono (Bronzor Lv. 28)
Nice n Wet (Gastrodon Lv. 30)
Opera (Haunter Lv. 26)
>>
File: generic hgss.png (82KB, 630x471px) Image search: [Google]
generic hgss.png
82KB, 630x471px
After a bit of grinding, Jaws evolved, and I managed to beat Jasmine without much of a problem. I taught Vario Dig and a Fire Blast TM I bought from the Goldenrod Dept Store. Dig killed both of Jasmine's Magnemites, while three Surfs from Jaws took out Steelix nicely. After heading to Mahogany, I caught Zapp on the route right before the Lake of Rage, however, I was unable to catch the Red Gyarados (ran out of balls :( ). On a brighter note, managed to grab the Exp Share, which should hopefully make life much easier. I replaced Smogon with Zapp because I'd been having problems with Gyarados, and I replaced Shamrock with Paras because I felt I needed Grass coverage more than Rock coverage. Also, I'm using the Pokewalker just for more items. Need that money to get potions.
>>
>>33060026
(I'm right before the Rocket hideout, btw)
>>
I'm gonna start a nuzlocke on heartgold. Any recommendations to make it extra fun? I've used cyndiquil and totodile in previous playthroughs, so I'm using chikorita. any other interesting ideas?
>>
File: 20170718_180332.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_180332.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Update
>>
>>33060185
If you want to be really brutal, limit your Pokemon Center uses, or do a Wedlocke, or do Notepad Clause (You can only catch a Pokemon if you have an empty space in your party, and putting a living Pokemon in the PC kills is). Or you can do Set mode. Johto hates Chikorita users.
>>
>>33060236
those all sound great, but I am bad enough at nuzlockes as is. I meant just interesting ones that make the game different, but not that much harder
>>
>>33060236
doesn't most people play set mode already? i'm disgusted by the mere thought of shift scrubs in the same nuzlocke thread as i am
>>
>>33060260
I mean, if you're using an emulator, you can randomize.
>>
>>33060261
I planned on Set mode already. It's like the unnoficial 4th rule
>>
>>33060261
anon, there are some people here who use repels to catch legendaries.
think about that
>>
>>33060260
dupes clause insures that you'll have a diverse party, but you could get trapped if you only get pogeys that cant learn HM moves
>>
File: reaction.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
reaction.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>33060290
>Catching legendaries in a Nuzlocke
>>
>>33060313
its impossible to "only get pogeys" in any game, dupes clause or not

hell i think i have the thread record with nine poochyenas in emerald once and even then i could still make a team and beat the game just fine
>>
>>33060361
I was saying you could get stuck. there was a situation where I needed cut to continue the game, and NONE of my current pokemon could learn the move.
without dupes clause I probably would have been able to catch more bidoofs to load HM moves on, but since I couldn't I got stuck with pogeys that couldn't learn cut
>>
I was thinking of replacing Flaaffy with the Electrode from the Rocket Hideout. Thoughts?
>>
>EV grinding with Macho Brace on my HA Nidorino
>pumping him up to be the Sheer Force monstrosity
>evolve with Moon Stone
>INTIMIDATE
why? Is it chance based? I borderline just want to reload from before evolving him to try again if thats the case.
>>
>grinding up team to face Wake
>see Roselia + Chatot rich guys team
>it's mostly fine, have Gastrodon blizzard them both
>roselia dies but chatot lives with magic pixels of bullshit
>kills beautifly with crit chatter

gettin' real sick of ur shit platinum
>>
File: clovteam.png (77KB, 765x499px) Image search: [Google]
clovteam.png
77KB, 765x499px
>>33058260
Clover Nuzlocke Elite four stream starting now

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
File: save over.png (16KB, 925x761px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
16KB, 925x761px
>>33060646
Okay just finished S.S Anne, did it without using the bed inside/pokemon center and lost my butterfree. My only other pokemon are a Venonat and an Onix
time to go to Diglett's cave and hopefully pick up a Dugtrio/Diglett
>>
>>33057640
Dude, shut the fuck up. You sound like you've been on 4chan for less than a year.

This is the one situation where trips are fine, you little faggot.
>>
File: Part 1.png (209KB, 1317x829px) Image search: [Google]
Part 1.png
209KB, 1317x829px
Alright after a long while I've decided I'm going to return to Nuzlocking with a bit of a project. I doubt I'll finish more than a game or two. I'm mostly doing this just because I want to use different Pokémon and a Nuzlocke is a good way to force that, so I doubled down on that with my rules.

I'm also going to probably follow "grinding level = GLs highest" rule and only use EXP share for grinding when I get to that point.

So far I have gotten past Brock and Misty without too much trouble. My one death thus far was due to AI being a shit and me taking an unneeded risk (rip Cortland). I'm a little disappointed as I always wanted to use a Pidgeot but Fearow is probably a superior choice overall.

SS Anne is next.
>>
File: game over.png (210KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
game over.png
210KB, 450x300px
R.I.P
Hapu's Flygon swiped my whole team.
This was my team before the fight. I played with the Exp. all turned off.
>>
File: generic hgss.png (81KB, 628x471px) Image search: [Google]
generic hgss.png
81KB, 628x471px
After getting through the Team Rocket Hideout and a little bit of grinding, I finished Pryce's gym without much problem with the exception of his Dewgong, which took me a little bit to kill. I've decided to switch Shamrock back in due to a certain person with 6 explosionmons. Here's hoping I survive this next leg of the game.
>>
File: nuzlocke team.png (2MB, 1680x1058px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke team.png
2MB, 1680x1058px
Update
Beat first gym with no issues and found a Honedge so I feel like I'm in a very good place right now.
>>
File: Y Nuzlocke Part 17, Calming Down.png (618KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Y Nuzlocke Part 17, Calming Down.png
618KB, 1280x720px
Alright. I'm calm. I'm good. Wulfric's down, and all that remains is a shitton of grinding, Victory Road, and the Elite 4. This game has proven time and again to be my kryptonite, and I look forward to being successful this time and putting it behind me.

I'm not 100% sold on my team, but I'm not seeing an objectively better build in what I have. My final encounter in Victory Road ended up being a horde of Geodudes, just to add to the anticlimax. It's really my Rhyperior that I'm unsure of, but I guess I shouldn't judge him before he's gotten a real battle.

Final Level Cap: 66
I'm going to train to 62 before attempting Victory Road, get everyone up to cap, then head in for the finale.
>>
File: Part 2.png (215KB, 1315x831px) Image search: [Google]
Part 2.png
215KB, 1315x831px
>>33061326
SS Anne was uneventful. Already getting to the point where Butterfree is a bit of a drag so I swapped it for the Drowzee I caught.

Technically I could go up to 28 because Surge's single Raichu is 28 in Yellow, but since I have a full team of six versus his single Pokémon, I figured 26 (which is his highest in RBG) would be enough. It also nets me a few evos.
>>
>>33061861
lol surge was a complete pushover. One Dig and he's down.
>>
>>33061019
Alright, after a break to see if the rest of my friends would come to stream, I've decided I'm just gonna do it now. Up to the Elite four
>>
File: starters.png (20KB, 1060x363px) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
20KB, 1060x363px
Randomized Crystal run
First reply picks my starter
>>
>>33062389
venomoth
>>
File: starter.png (13KB, 803x647px) Image search: [Google]
starter.png
13KB, 803x647px
>>33062403
Good shit. Thanks anon.
>>
File: fuck.png (19KB, 803x651px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
19KB, 803x651px
>>33062389
>>33062403
>>33062411
Its not fair. He was so young.
>>
File: NOEVOLUTION.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
NOEVOLUTION.png
6KB, 240x160px
is the Farfetch'd that's traded to you always Adamant or did i just get insanely lucky?
>>
File: god dammit.png (18KB, 819x647px) Image search: [Google]
god dammit.png
18KB, 819x647px
>>33062448
This game is so fucking mean
>>
>>33062462
In-game trades have fixed IVs and natures, so it's always Adamant and its IVs are 20/25/21/24/15/20
>>
>>33062571
i swear there was a mechanic that traded you something with the same nature as the pokemon you traded over

thanks anon, this will be very handy for calcing
>>
>>33062574
there's a mechanic in the games that gives you a Pokemon at the same level as the mon you trade
>>
>>33061019
Your stream keeps dying on me:(
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-213833.jpg (639KB, 1074x711px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-213833.jpg
639KB, 1074x711px
I beat Juan

>>33061326
Just remember to have fun

>>33061731
Good work mate

>>33062389
>not keeping them at 1st evo
Read what things do, try to balance it a bit better
>>
File: generic hgss.png (78KB, 628x508px) Image search: [Google]
generic hgss.png
78KB, 628x508px
A couple of deaths, Tucker the Pidgeotto to Weezing using Explosion and Zapp the Ampharos to the first trainer in Clair's gym's Seadra. Fun. Anyway, got through the Ice Cave and caught me a Swinub which I have replaced Sahara with because the Ice type will undoubtedly help. And now begins the horrible grind to beat Clair. What level do you recommend I be at?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-233010.jpg (620KB, 1071x696px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-233010.jpg
620KB, 1071x696px
NIGGAS WHOMST STRUGGLE AGAINST WALLY
>>
File: cloverfinal.png (127KB, 782x519px) Image search: [Google]
cloverfinal.png
127KB, 782x519px
holy shit

RIP Gaiden and Gainax
>>
>>33063026
Congrats!
>>
>>33046198
Greetings; I am Winter Butter: and I am going to nuzlocke Platinum. Which starter should I pick you indomitable faggotrons?
>>
File: save over.png (22KB, 925x850px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
22KB, 925x850px
>>33061145
>Lost my Venonat to a critical Take Down by a Beldum in Diglett's cave I ended up catching
>Beat down Surge and Misty with some near casualties from SCALD SPAM
>buy an Abra
>Not sure what changes have happened to Erika's gym so I'm afraid to go in there before Rocket Hideout
these are the current lineup of my team
noticing a lot of pokemon using Pursuit as well, makes battles really nervewracking
>>
>>33062833

Welp, that was a fun run.
Got to Kingdra with everyone at full health, Kingdra got a crit Dragon Pulse. And another crit Dragon Pulse. And then murdered everything else on my team.

And that marks my 3rd HGSS nuzlocke murdered singlehandedly by Kingdra critting.
>>
>>33063372
>boxing beldum
>ever

>>33063414
shiet
bet it had sniper too
now i'm all paranoid
>>
>>33063414
>>33063468
Don't worry anons. Once you finally get past Clair, things only get harder
>>
>>33063468
Wasn't sure if I should use a Pseudo like that in a Nuzlocke, even though Metagross is one of my favorite Steel types. Wouldn't it be in poor taste?

>Erika is a flying type gym
>Thunderpunch spam by my Raichu cutting through the team
>suddenly Gliscor
I forgot for a moment it was a ground type and almost lost Raichu to a Bulldoze
>>
>>33063240
Fuck it, my post number decids.
1-3 = Turtwig
4-6 = Chimchar
7-9 = Piplup
>>
This is what I can train against in Victory Road's first two floors. I'm thoroughly salty.

>Muk, which spams Minimize and Acid Armor
>Manectirc, which paralyzes at every chance
>Rattata
>Dusclops, that sometimes kills itself fortunately but unfortunately has a tendency to use Will O Wisp
>Persian
>Ledyba
>Whismur
>Ninetails, but I've only seen 1 so far
>Banette

I'm sure there's something I haven't seen, but holy fuck is grinding just God awful. My last run had Swalot and Exploud which gave EXP out the wazoo, but this is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>33063490
and my mantine died, FUCK
>>
>>33063582
Shame, Mantine rocks the fuckin' boat.
>>
>>33063507
Alright, my Piplup is Gentle natured, has pretty good IVs in Atk, Def, and SpA. She also is female.
>>
File: save over.png (74KB, 925x850px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
74KB, 925x850px
>>33063582
and my staravia against Giovanni
gonna have to go nab some stuff from some routes i never bothered to encounter anything like Route 7, Route 8, and now I can go to Lavender Tower
>>33063606
I'll miss him a lot, just grabbed a Murkrow on 7
>>
File: save over.png (23KB, 925x850px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
23KB, 925x850px
>>33063636
>murkrow and snorunt both die in Lavender tower
>only a Cubone to show for visiting
SON OF A BITCH
>>
File: Log1.png (485KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
Log1.png
485KB, 1200x640px
>>33063634
It begins, Piplup has been named; I'm gonna catch some morons now.
>>
>>33063689
>beat down fighting Dojo
>choice specs or choice band
oh lord I think I want specs for Alakazam or Nidoking or Band for Metagross when I eventually have to resort to Beldum
>>
File: Log2.png (532KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
Log2.png
532KB, 1200x640px
>>33063703
I caught these gals.
Doreen is Serious.
Mikasa is Adamant.
Mjoll is Quirky.
>>
>>33063741
Went down to Fuschia, grabbed a Darmanitan off to the left where the bird keepers are
I'm going to the Safari Zone, so I'm gonna make some rules for it

3 encounters
Can catch any/all of the 3 but nothing else
No dupes apply here so I can get stuck with 3 Doduos if life hates me
>>
save over.png
22KB, 925x850px
>>33063878
>Caught a Rhyhorn and a Ferroseed in the Safari Zone, fucked up trying to catch a Zwelious as well
>farm Rhyhorn enough to evolve
>prepare to fight in Koga's gym
>>
File: Part 3.png (239KB, 1318x829px) Image search: [Google]
Part 3.png
239KB, 1318x829px
An eventful session. Had our second death with Ginger the Dugtrio just missing a damage range and falling victim to a Self-Destruct in Rock Tunnel. Realizing I was having some type balance issues as it was, I took this tragedy as an opportunity to balance shit out. I made the Eevee into a Vaporeon (which admittedly might end up being a bad choice down the line with Eevee available in a lot of later games but maybe I'll just not apply it to split evos, haven't decided).

It also so happens that Celadon is the point where you get a shitload of TMs that allow you to pimp out your team, so now my mons are rocking some nice moves. Cleaned out the Rockets and got Winesap up to snuff, so Celadon Gym will be our next target.
>>
save over.png
22KB, 925x850px
>>33064079
>clear out Silph
>Beat Sabrina
>Absolutely smash Blaine
>Giovanni almost kills entire party
>Rival fight is horrifying and has a Giratina that spams shadow force (Furret carries his weight as a switch-in here)
>grinding before E4
I grabbed a Steelix on Victory Road before remembering I caught an Onix before, but this saves me a lot of time if Rhyperior or Nidoking die. Having a nice mix of Physical and Special attack feels pretty balanced too, Nidoking and Alakazam are easily clearing physical tanks while Rhyperior and Darmanitan are cleaning up too.
>>
File: 1db.png (974KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1db.png
974KB, 1280x720px
>tfw you get a Farfetch'd in your no evolution locke

yes, i'm the same guy
>>
>>33065034
what exactly is a "non evolution locke"? i get that you can't evolve your mons, but what about evolved pokemon in later routes? cant capture them?
>>
File: 325Spoink.png (56KB, 197x334px) Image search: [Google]
325Spoink.png
56KB, 197x334px
hi
bump
bye
>>
>>33066191
thank you spoink
>>
File: Template_4.1.png (95KB, 947x500px) Image search: [Google]
Template_4.1.png
95KB, 947x500px
>be me
>realize i haven't looted the ruins yet
>go do that
>some explorer guy challenges me
>beat up geodudes with floatzel, be ready to kill bronzor with haunter
>hit myself 5 times and die to a crit extrasensory

gettin' real sick of your shit Platinum
>>
>>33046198
has anyone got a moon rom?
>>
>You may only catch the first pokemon encountered in an area, if you fail to catch it, tough luck.

How do you define "area"? Each route is its own area?
>>
>>33067094
area means route, cave, city, etc
>>
>>33067132
Thanks
>>
Starting a moon nuzlocke, which starter should I pick?
>>
>>33067632
rowlet
>>
File: Log3.png (556KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
Log3.png
556KB, 1200x640px
I'm about to fight Roark now, I'm kinda scared of that fucking Cranidos though.

>>33067632
Rowlett or Litten on the grounds that Totem Lurantis might crush you like an egg without either.
>>
>>33067632
Litten
>>
>>33067842
Thanks for the more detailed reccomendation. I guess I'll roll with litten since I used rowlet on my regular playthrough
>>
File: Log4.png (559KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
Log4.png
559KB, 1200x640px
>>33067842
Rudy consumed the rock gym without even trying, holy fuck.
>>
>>33064397
>Rival fight is horrifying and has a Giratina that spams shadow force
It gets worse
>>
Starting a White 2 Nuzlocke, what starter?
>>
>>33068014
Tepig
But don't evolve it
>>
>>33068014
Oshawott is probably the most useful.
>>
>>33068014
Sumopig. The only halfway decent starter than gen.
>>
>>33067632
ANy besides popplio. Way too many water types in this game
>>
File: 1499636277312.png (44KB, 199x134px) Image search: [Google]
1499636277312.png
44KB, 199x134px
Rank each gen's starters form best to worst (considering usefulness in a Nuzlocke, of course)
>>
>>33068650
>Kanto
Squirtle > Charmander > Bulbasaur

>Johto
Totodile > Cyndaquil >>> Chickorita

>Hoenn
Mudkip > Torchic > Treecko, but they're all pretty good this gen

>Sinnoh
Chimchar > Turtwig > Piplup

>Unova
Tepig > Oshawott > Snivy

>Kalos
Froakie > Fennekin > Chespin

>Alola
Rowlet > Litten > Popplio
>>
>>33066587
same guy that's doing this playthrough, gonna use a trip now so it's easier for people to see what im doing

>>33068650
RBY/FRLG: Squirtle = Bulbasaur > Charmander

GSC/HGSS: Totodile > Cyndaquil > Chikorita

RSE/ORAS: Mudkip > Torchic = Treecko, but they're all good

DPPt: Turtwig > Chimchar > literal shit in a bag > Piplup

B(2)W(2): Tepig = Oshawott >>> Snivy

XY: Froakie > Chespin > Fennekin

SM: Rowlet > Litten > Popplio, all are good though
>>
ah ah ah ah stayin alive stayin alive
>>
>>33064396
If I may suggest. Thicken the line between unique move sets for easier reading
>>
>>33068005
how much worse can it possibly get?
are the E4 gonna have legendaries and different types too?
after this one is done im probably gonna stream my next one
>>
What level should I be at for Wake? My highest right now is level 33
>>
>>33063878
What hack are you playing?
>>
>>33069955
YetAnotherFireRedHack
>>
>>33070006
Ah cool, best of luck to you on your Nuzlocke! Thanks for spoonfeeding me and answering my silly question my dude.
>>
>>33070208
No worries senpai, thanks
I've started running through a lot of hacks around here so I'll be starting a new one once this one is done
>>
And in the very last fight of a Victory Road, Boromir the Magnezone died. 11 deaths total, but at least now I'm through. Only the Elite 4 remain.

I'll update the layout when I get home later tonight. My main concern is that, with Magnezone gone, I officially have nothing on my team that can counter Siebold's Gyarados, which is the very Pokémon that swept me last run. I accept that I will likely lose this Locke as well. But, I'm not going to go down without at least trying.
>>
So, a lot happened on the way to Grant. I can't even remember some of the mons I lost. Saddest though was the loss of Grande, whom was trained to a Diggersby to handle Tyrunt. Turns out I was over thinking it and Adelle could've handled it all. RIP Grande.

Current team:

Adelle the Azumarill (Quiet, Huge Power) lv24
Paul Rudd the Butterfree (Careful, Compound Eyes) lv20
Tyrunt the Tyrunt (tfw I couldn't nickname, Naughty, Strong Jaw) lv21
Copperfield the Inkay (Lax, Suction Cups) lv23
Halle Berry the Rhyhorn (Bashful, Rockhead) lv17

Have a Budew, Sentret and Zubat in the box.
>>
my team right now is:

Birch the Torterra (Lv. 33)
Chrono the Bronzor (Lv. 32) (training this thing is suffering)
Bruce Lee the Meditite (Lv. 26) (took him out of box, grinding him for Byron)
Nice n Wet the Gastrodon (Lv. 32)
Olympic the Floatzel (Lv. 31)

should I grind some more or should I just go for it and challenge Wake now?
>>
>>33070532
Fight fight, win win
>>
>having to grind up 13 levels on each of your mons

This isn't even fun. Do I just start over? I don't have to beat the e4, I don't have to win. Getting there was enough. How shameful would it be if I just went to the next one?
>>
>>33070998
i'm on the same boat. every day i grind a bit, as little as my patience allows me in gen IV. but i won't give up - don't let a game beat you. you will grind, you will get tuff, you will conquer. even if it takes forever
>>
File: 20170720_003342.png (497KB, 1080x613px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_003342.png
497KB, 1080x613px
>>33070998
I think I'm just going to move onto my next Heirlocke. Lost 11 friends and 3 cunts.
>this is our stop, slow down
>>
>>33071057
Just use exp cheat
>>
File: PlatinumNuzlocke.png (539KB, 768x525px) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumNuzlocke.png
539KB, 768x525px
Defeated Volkner with Kaba the Hippowdon. On my way to the League, I caught a Pelipper and Rhyhorn.
Crobat died on the route before Victory Road due to Cunfusion + Crit Water Pulse.
Lucario died in Victory Road due to a trainer's Mamoswine (Lucario was the highest level mon at the time, and my entire team was weak to Ice)
Went to go the PC and accidentally triggered Barry without healing my mons from Victory Road. Hippowdon, Bibarel, and Ponyta died in battle.

Now I trained everyone up to 60~. Should be enough, but I will wait until tomorrow until I challenge it.

Goodnight anons
>>
File: save over.png (16KB, 932x731px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
16KB, 932x731px
>victory road
>flare blitz a Steelix
>crit
>drop to 1hp
oh my god my brain almost melted
>>
File: save over.png (12KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
12KB, 937x979px
>>33071347
>6 near-full team trainers in a row
I had a TON of fun with a high tier returning to Kanto, gonna check through the pastebin for another one
>>
Step 1: Take enough pictures to get a Scope Lens for Gandalf

Step 2: Train the whole team up to Level 66

Step 3: Elite 4

I will post the penultimate update after step 2 has been completed.
>>
>>33070532
>>33071440
Holy fuck Drapion can learn Thunder Fang. I might be able to do this.
>>
File: save over.png (39KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
39KB, 937x979px
>>33071427
doing Fire Red Evolution this time

first reply picks starter
Squirtle, Bulba, or Charmander
not sure about all the changes but I see there's a lot
>>
>>33071495
Bulbasaur
>>
>>33071495
>>33071500
name it Buddhasaur
>>
File: save over.png (20KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
20KB, 937x979px
>>33071542
>>33071500
>route 1 gave me Pidgey
>route 22 gave me Ponyta
>route 2 gave me Ralts
I love this hack already
>>
>>33069635
Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately openoffice does border dumb so I improvised and made it a little clearer, as well as just generally cleaning up.

>>33064397
When we last left off, I was just about to face Erika's Gym. As expected, it was pretty easy with three mon that all had favorable matchups and two others that didn't care (Vaporeon had to be boxed for Cut anyway). I've now made my way to the top of Pokémon Tower and am about to finish off Team Rocket and rescue Mr. Fuji. After that I more or less have my pick on how to proceed. I think I'll probably kill one or possibly both Snorlaxes; I'd rather just not take it for this run and allow myself a Snorlax possibly later when Muchlax are somewhat common/easier to get. That and there's a less-than-comfortable chance of it killing something.
>>
File: Part 4.png (246KB, 1319x835px) Image search: [Google]
Part 4.png
246KB, 1319x835px
>>33071898
Whoops forgot image.
>>
I kid you not, the very last Poliwhirl, the one that brought my final teammate up to my final level cap, was shiny. The final wild Pokémon that I'll see in this run, and it sparkled.

I hope this is a good omen. Time to take on the Elite 4.
>>
>>33071911
Bilbo and Smaug have fallen, but so have the Elite 4. Diantha is all that remains.
>>
File: Y Nuzlocke Finale.jpg (125KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Y Nuzlocke Finale.jpg
125KB, 1136x852px
>>
>>33072055
>B-but XY are so easy

Bullshit XY are one of the hardest games to nuzlocke and even for a regular playthrough as long as you'll turn off the exp share
>>
File: save over.png (23KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
23KB, 937x979px
>>33071555
fucked up my catch in Mt. Moon but otherwise going strong
>>
File: IMG_4077.jpg (24KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4077.jpg
24KB, 326x326px
>tfw my emulator crashes near the end of the run and my last save was 10 hours back
>>
>>33072055
>>33072117
My Nuzlocke Record:
LeafGreen: Beaten First try
Alpha Sapphire: Beaten First Try
White: Beaten Third Try
Platinum: Beaten First Try
Moon: Beaten First Try, though I did allow items in this one
SoulSilver: Failed Twice
Y: Failed Three Times

Losing Y a third time, and with Mega Gardevoir at 20% health, is probably the single most devastating moment I've had in a video game. I'm taking a break from Pokémon. See you guys when USM come out.
>>
>>33072173
That sucks I'm sorry
>>
>>33071898
>>33071903
So Yellow is weird in that they redesigned the leaders but forgot about the concept of a level curve. So immediately after low-30's Erika, the remaining GLs' lowest mon is at 44. So I guess I'm just going to do all of Silph Co up to the Rival and the route south of Lavender and see where we are after that???
>>
>>33069769
>>33071427
Since you didn't get there in the end, the E4 have mixed types (Lorelei Water/Ice, Bruno Ground/Rock/Steel, Agatha Ghost/Dark/Psychic & Lance the usual Dragon/Flying). They're decently handleable but in the champion fight your rival has not only Giratina Origin Forme but also a Genesect with coverage on everything in the game (don't recall Rotom being available)
>>
File: 326Grumpig.png (53KB, 225x221px) Image search: [Google]
326Grumpig.png
53KB, 225x221px
bumpo evolved
>>
File: BB5.png (373KB, 1220x725px) Image search: [Google]
BB5.png
373KB, 1220x725px
Got to Nimbasa City and checked out the Routes next to it to help fill out my team. Unfortunately none of them seem particularly great against Elesa, but at least one of them will be filling in for Bibi for obvious reasons.
>>
bump even though it's gonna hit bump limit soon
>>
File: save over.png (24KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
24KB, 937x979px
>>33072138
Alright, going to bed
beat Misty already but have been focusing too hard on Nidoking (WHICH HAS SHEER FORCE THIS TIME FOR MAXIMUM HYPE), Pidgeotto, and Venusaur
gonna grind up Crystal, Kris, and Lyra
been kinda EV training a bit on wild pokemon as well just for a little boost for later in these harder hacks
>>33072927
thats so much worse than i ever imagined it would be
almost glad i didnt make it
>>
>>33074960
>make post upon waking when i forgot last night
>says im going to bed
fuck
>>
File: save over.png (21KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
21KB, 937x979px
>>33074969
>tragedy strikes on the SS Anne
I lost both Crim and Lyra to a Gyarados with Thunder/Fire Blast/Blizzard on repeat
crushed Gary and his 4 pokes with almost no effort on my end minus him spamming Soda Pops on his Kadabra
currently looking to replace my squad but the only pokes i have in reserve are a Poochyena and a Staryu (fucked up Mt. Moon, Routes 24, 25, and 11, and Diglett's cave). Gonna take a run back to Route 6 and hope to nab something there.
>>
>>33075321
F
>>
Bump Limit has been nearly reached. So soon shall this thread die, and with it the final memories of my latest defeat. Sleep well Nuzgen, and may your next incarnation bring better luck to those who follow you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7oqmikZDQ [Embed]
>>
>>33075452
What happened?
>>
>>33075457
>Drasna's Noivern survives a +2 Iron Head, boosted by a Metal Plate, from Durant with the tiniest sliver of health left, killing Durant with Flamethrower
>Siebold's Gyarados predicts my switch and starts setting up Dragon Dance, inevitably forcing me to sacrifice my Dragalge to kill it
>Diantha slowly picks off my team as I do hers, and it's ultimately down to Kingdra vs Mega Gardevoir. I use Waterfall, needing either a Crit or a Flinch to win. It doesn't come, and Moonblast ends it.
>>
>>33075452

FFFFFFFF
F
F
FFFFFF
F
F
F
F
>>
Every time I do a Nuzlocke I either die by the first gym or lose so many that it's not fun and I'm being dragged behind with a fully leveled starter(+1) and a bunch of shitters.

Is it really just down to grinding? Grinding really isn't fun at all. And how do you know when to grind til? Especially when playing something like Volt White.

Finally, is there a program that enforces the nuzlocke? I always cheat.
>>
are there any good sun/moon nuzlock comics?
>>
File: save over.png (23KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
23KB, 937x979px
>>33075559
I always deal with the urge to cheat and act like I'm not, but the guilt will get ya when talking about it as if you're accomplishing it.
As for how to deal, I suggest grinding your party relatively evenly, which I'm having trouble with this time around but even still it's working its way there. You just gotta enforce the rules on yourself, but if you're not having fun then maybe it's not for you or you're not as interested as you could be, find a game you really enjoyed and do a nice leisurely nuzlocke if nothing else. That's why I do Fire Red hacks, I love Kanto and know my way around, but I'd be scared to do White or Platinum since I never played those games

>>33075340
rip
>>33075321
Caught a Jigglypuff and decide to turn it into one of my only Physical threats
>its modest
FUCK
>already spammed fighting Ekans, Tyrogue, and male nidorans to give it a harder attack stat as it levels up
>>
>>33075609
Yeah I don't think a nuzlocke is for me. I think a "bronzelock" or whatever you might call it would be better. I did a bronzeman xcom long war where I didn't cheat saves but did restart missions, so I think something similar for this, to make it easier, but still a challenge.

I think actually the most appealing part of the whole thing to me is that you use the first pokemon you find which results in me using more diverse teams, so maybe something based on that.
>>
File: Template_5.png (112KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_5.png
112KB, 947x600px
How the fuck did Floatzel's Ice Fang not kill i'll never know

Team:
Bruce Lee (Meditite, Level 28)
Olympic (Floatzel, Level 32)
Chrono (Bronzong, Level 33)
Nice N Wet (Gastrodon, Level 32)
Birch (Torterra, Level 34)
>>
File: generic oras.png (9KB, 628x521px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
9KB, 628x521px
>>33063414

Welp, since Kingdra ended my run and I've had a day off, I suppose it's time to start a new journey. Time for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Who should my starter be?
>>
File: save over.png (24KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
24KB, 937x979px
>>33075680
there ya go, find what you like and work from there
>>33075609
>surge has a sharpedo and a surfing raichu
this was a hell of a gym battle, and i lost my Staryu for it as well
Fished up a Horsea in Cerulean to replace it
>>
>>33075753
Mudkip
>>
this is hitting bump limit can someone make a new thread?
>>
>>33075766
How did you get Yetanotherfirered?

My ROM-fu is weak and i don't know how to patch shit.
>>
>>33076148
A clean Fire Red rom and the LunarIPS program, just open it and hit Apply, pick the IPS from the folder and then the Fire Red rom, then it just says it's been applied and bam
>>
>>33071244
Literally my entire team died to critical hits
Fucking stupid
>>
>>33076247
FFFFFFF
F
FFFFFF
F
F
>>
>>33076198
For some reason every fire red ROM I try keeps showing a white screen
>>
>>33076321
OH I got that same problem before, the one I downloaded that did that was Fire Red (U)
find the Squirrels one in an archive link
https://archive.org/details/1636PokemonFireRedUSquirrels
apply it to this one
>>
>>33076340
Thanks man! Was starting to lose hope.

Never played through Kanto, literally the only region I haven't been in, excluding my Sacred Gold Nuzlocke (Which I completed.) And since I'm too stupid to figure out pre-Phys/Spec split rules, this rom is perfect.
>>
new thread this one hit bump limit

>>33076401
>>
NEW

>>33076402
>>33076402
>>33076402

NEW
>>
File: save over.png (22KB, 937x979px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
22KB, 937x979px
>>33076377
Ye man, good luck, should give Fire Red Evolved a try after that, but you'll have to download the rom again to IPS that shit
>>33075759
>lose Horsea
>lose Parasect
>catch a Cacnea
>Hell yeah a new Physical attacker
>MODEST
This has been rough but now I'm just grinding Cacnea up on wild pokes for SP.A evs for a little more comfy transition
>>
>>33076406
someone already made a new thread
>>
>>33076425
I noticed. Check the post numbers. Literally seconds apart from eachother.
>>
>>33076438
look on the bright side now we have two threads to party in
>>
>>33072173
Oh, this sounds fun
>Alpha Sapphire
First try, although Emerald is my first Pokémon game so...
>Blaze Black
N wiped me with his full Rotom team on my first try. And I don't remember my second try, but I got to the Dragon gym.
>Volt white 2.
Wiped to the first trainer on Victory road, 3th try. Was the furthest I've ever came. Also the game that made Munchlax my second favorite mon.
>Bullshit Platinum
Either Barry before Crasher Wake or Crasher Waker himself ends me. Four tries
>Sacred Gold
Completed. after like 6 tries. My favorite romhack
>Y
On my third try, at Victory Road. Still. Will pick up eventually.
>Sun
Completed on my second try. Made it to E4 on my first.
>>
>>33072173
lemme try

Fire Red: Beaten first try
Platinum: Ongoing
White: Failed twice
Black 2: Beaten Second try
Y: Beaten first try
Moon: Haven't done yet
>>
>>33076446

Kek. Well whichever thread gets posts we keep and let the other sneak to page 10.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.