[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 70

File: 1476919842842.png (1MB, 1525x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1476919842842.png
1MB, 1525x1049px
/vpwt/: JUST LEAK MY SHIT UP edition

>Post finds, fics and offer prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ]

Previous: >>29690625

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

FAQ:
>Posting fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Links are permitted. Do label as such.

>Add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalogue

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to put on a trip while posting or discussing their content, as it makes discussing their works easier. Do remember to take it off outside of the writethread, though.

Topic Of The Thread: With the leaks spread all throughout /vp/, how are you avoiding the spoilers, or using them to your advantage?
>>
File: 1477423085124.png (1MB, 1156x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1477423085124.png
1MB, 1156x1165px
>>29813149
Fic recap:

Bullyfag returns after a hiatus to bring two stories.
One fic about Malva being harassed by Calem while being blackmailed. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/qzSpLdUT
Another about Hilda being JUSTed by Scrafty for having stupid shorts. No sex, but NSFW
http://pastebin.com/nPqcQmc4

Ing began a story about a MRanger and a MDecidueye, assumedly in the forest. SFW for now, although author plans on having NSFW in the future
http://pastebin.com/4c8T2cts

Wulfiue made two stories as well
A S/M based fic of what the protagonist's mom does when they leave to their journey. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/TQ80KcGY

Sina and Divina getting stuck in some yuri at Luminose. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/tJ5mYKiq

An anon makes a fast greentext about Tseenra's scent. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/qkjb6SDT

Slandit's evo get's a fic of her own. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/dvQqKkjB

Updated fics:

Mimiga's Marriage of Mew Chapter 8
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg1hKiFqtYox2i4aHFUxPoO8e53-iLVB776WdcCYRCo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>how are you avoiding spoilers
I'm installing the .CIAs right now

>>29813476
I'll post the finished AO3 version of chapter 8 eventually
>>
>how are you avoiding spoilers, or using them to your advantage
nigga, whats a pokemon?
>>
>>29813149
I'm using the new dex entries for ideas. Otherwise I don't mind spoilers as I wait out the official release.
>>
TOTT: I've been avoiding most info except for the dex entries and stats of the new Pokemon, which I'm using to my advantage in order to decide which Pokemon I'd like to use on my team. But so far, I haven't really thought about using that info for any writing.

And at the moment, I'm avoiding running into unwanted spoilers by simply not leaving the write thread. I started doing that too late to avoid a few story spoilers, though, which is unfortunate.
>>
>>29813545
>.CIAs
>plural

You seem to be living far more dangerously than the people I have seen pushing it. Tell us your secrets.

>avoiding spoilers
I simply don't browse up that much, this time of the year is busy for me. And most of the people I interact with also keep some leaks at bay themselves.

>>29813970
>whats a pokemon
>can't into é
Spotted the American't.

With the new games coming up soo-er, I mean, already, I'm mostly focusing on replenishing my creative energies so that I can worldbuild once the new tomes of information and glorious Dex entries come upon us. I've also started a group in Trello for discussing some of my present and future fic projects.

Yes, I should also be continuing WBJ. Don't remind me.
>>
>>29814209
Both games
>>
>>29814209
>can't into é
Any phoneposter can use it, you don't get a free pass either.
>>
>>29814209
>can't into é
what is the alt key?
>>
>reading what passes for a 'lore thread'
they're even more autistic than we are.
I want grand unified theories to pls go
>>
>>29814887
For future reference: alt+130 on Windows.
>>
>>29814209
>Spotted the American't.
We don't need diacritical marks.
>>
>>29815043
>not appreciating all of ASCII
>being this uncultured
M A G A
A
G
A
>>
>>29814970
Lore threads get their own threads I think. Here people just talk about fics, develop them, and then argue about character/fic development stuff
>>
>>29815147
>Lore threads get their own threads
That's what I mean though. I ventured into it and it was totally insane.
I thought fanfic writers were bad, but I had no idea
>>
>>29813149
is this catalog not updated very often or something
>>
>>29815255
Check the Submissions page
>>
>>29815080
>ASCII
>7-bit shit in the year A.D. 20XX.
>>
>>29815267
>no lilligant fics

something is not right here
>>
>>29815292
Authors don't always submit their stories to it. There's probably been a lot more writing in this thread than what's shown there.
>>
>>29815292
there was a lilligant fic made a few threads ago, but it is up to the author to submit it into the catalog mostly. I don't think there's anyone that openly throws in any fic made into the submission list.
>>
File: 1476636056783.png (181KB, 496x504px) Image search: [Google]
1476636056783.png
181KB, 496x504px
>>29815176
Mass speculation makes the world go round. Reminds me of the early days of Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1463874027249-vp.jpg (545KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1463874027249-vp.jpg
545KB, 1000x1000px
Reposting fic update: chapter 16 https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/16/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

>TOTT browse other boards to avoid spoiling everything and I keep my tabs for /vpwt/ bookmarked. If anything I'm looking to develop my lore from the leaks I inevitably happen to come across.
>>
gump
>>
>>29815080
>ASCII
>not Unicode
>>
Here's a random question to bump thread and all that.

With all you wrote/seen, would you either become a Pokemon Trainer, or Pokemon in general
>>
>>29815269
Dwarf fortress is offended.
>>
>How do you avoid spoilers
Simple: I don't have time to browse the board, only post here every so often. An d now that I know there are leaks, I will purposely avoid the catalogue.

I have the first pieces of my journal together, if all goes well I should be able to post tomorrow. Took me longer than I expected to find a way to begin, but I know the direction I'll take. I haven't edited it to my (admittedly mediocre) standards but I still have a good feeling about it.

>>29818679
Fuck yeah, Dwarf Fortress! Gotta play that when I get my pc built.
>>
File: Ee4ee failed to update.png (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ee4ee failed to update.png
30KB, 250x250px
Threadly self-shaming. I need to get my head back in this game.
>>
>>29818240
Pokemon Trainer. I want to be with my pokewaifu.
>>
>>29818240
A Trainer, without a doubt.

>>29819399
>you actually got Latias to blow yet another raspberry at you
For shame.
>>
>>29818240
Trainer. In a heartbeat.

Unless if going to a PMD-esque world was involved, I would take it if I at least had some degree of liberty in picking my new species.

No, you don't get cookies for guessing.
>>
File: Fill in the blank.png (35KB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
Fill in the blank.png
35KB, 200x164px
>>29819399
Me too, its been nearly a month and you guys deserve more pears and oranges. Next chapter shit get real. Really. Its coming soon, I swear, probably by 2019.

Here: http://pastebin.com/sQp6PEmE

Its halfway down, because its the second part of the second chapter. Even though nothing much happens Except our favorite blue bird gets whats coming to him critique/feedback is always appreciated.
>>
>>29818240
While being a Pokemon would be interesting because it would give me elemental superpowers, I'd much rather become a trainer. It would be too weird to become something nonhuman, and being able to train Pokemon in real life would never get old.
>>
>>29818240
Pokermang, without a doubt, especially if in a PMD world. You'd better let me choose my mon though.
>>
>>29818240
Trainer. My husband and I could run around being terrible trainers and making questionable team choices.
>>
>>29819689
One day Moth will use it in the OP, filename and all, and my suffering will be complete.
>>
>>29820464
there are a few anons expecting oranges in some of the older threads. Could you care to elaborate about the details of your fic?
>>
File: 1412373110817.png (794KB, 948x568px) Image search: [Google]
1412373110817.png
794KB, 948x568px
>>
File: 1477628565221.png (517KB, 777x864px) Image search: [Google]
1477628565221.png
517KB, 777x864px
There we go

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7771954/chapters/19545025
>>
Nightbump
>>
>>29824481
one more for the road
keeping the early morning CoroCoro leak goblin at bay
>>
>>29824994
>Corocoro LEAKS
Oh jeez,
>>
>>29820779
Cloyster and Onix?
>>
>>29820562
sure man, what you want?
>>
>STILL no NSFW lopunny fic in the catalog
What happened to the anon that wanted to make one to go inside it?
>>
File: 47873684_p2_master1200.jpg (201KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
47873684_p2_master1200.jpg
201KB, 600x600px
>>
>>29822396
At least in my case is because I've always liked the first contact premise.
>>
>>29818240

pokemon, I'd use my superior human intellect and dirty tactics to totally game the system and help some trainer crush the gym league and earn money on the side translating pokemon speech into English

or if I was in a PMD world after becoming the hero of the local guild I'd institute a monarch with myself as the head of state
>>
File: braixen2.jpg (73KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
braixen2.jpg
73KB, 1191x670px
>>29823424

with how crabby panne gets in this chapter I think this picture is more appropriate
>>
File: some of you are alright.jpg (30KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
some of you are alright.jpg
30KB, 373x521px
>>29822396
Basically its a PMD Fic set a dozen years or so after the events of Sky/Time/Darkness, with the events of the following two games having happened by now as well. Somehow, through inter-dimensional bullshit which I have yet to think of, humans from our world who are sailors and officers on ships performing a training exercise, though that fact hasn't been revealed yet (not mainline games, OUR world) assuming Pokemon never existed, end up in unknown waters and eventually come across Treasure Town. The bulk of the story will involve the political, cultural, and technological changes that the PMD world will now face as a result of contact with humans.

tl;dr Think of Columbus, but instead of bringing disease and conquest, he benefits the natives. Or does he? That's part of the question.
>>
>>29829241
Shizzle, forgot to tripfag
>>29825976
Anything from the Totodile line, of course.
>>
>>29818240
>>29820562
>>29829149
How delusional/degenerate would someone have to be to choose to lose their humanity in a world ruled by humans? Do you value yourself that little? Do you get off on the idea of being "owned" by someone?

Limited superpowers mean jack shit if it means giving up your status as a person and becoming property instead. What do you think would happen if you got stuck with an asshole trainer? Fighting back means being locked away or possibly euthanized. Monsters aren't people and never will be. Being unusually smart for a monster isn't going to change society. You're the one who will be made to obey if you want to survive.

Choosing PMD instead and taking over sounds like a much better plan.
>>
>>29829425
These problems all have solutions, and they're all very cliche.
>>
>>29829425
On second thought, I don;t ant to be a complete cuck. PMD world is best world.
>>
>>29829624
Sorry that realistic problems aren't original. Feel free to believe in a fairy tale version of the Pokémon world instead, where you could totally be a Pokémon but still be treated as a person, with no way of your fantasy going wrong.
>>
>>29829624
List off the solutions then, if you're willing.
Also if it matters at all, not him.
>>
>>29829267
>Shizzle, forgot to tripfag
Damn, I almost liked you.
>>
>>29830042
Names are to identify authors dood. I dunno who keeps their names on out of this thread, cos I've never seen one. Except cge, once.
>>
Friday is ending and Big disaster is still not here. I hope he didnt forgot to post tsareena fanfic before he hide in his anti spoiler bunker.
>>
File: sad.jpg (58KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
58KB, 1366x768px
>>29830042
What did I do? I just want to make friendly friends.
>>
>>29829425
>>29829149
>>29820562

And that's implying you get to keep your intellect or choose what you become, which in the long run is pretty unlikely.

I suppose it's honestly up to the individual whether or not they'd go through with it, but it's worth mentioning that the PMD world will give you better odds than the human one. At least there you have semblance of choice.
>>
>>29830194
It's a 0/10 troll meme, don't worry about it.
>>
>>29830365
Kay
>>
>>29829425
Man, if you knew Vry you wouldn't be surprised. He basically gives the vibe that he gets off to Pokémon world being hellish, crappy places.

That said.

>Monsters aren't people and never will be.

You seem to try to put up a worse world. Sure, if you see the Pokémon world as a place where Pokémon are mere monsters at the foundational level, are bindingly (between humans) considered property and are used as tools, there is not much sense in wanting to trade your humanity off to become one unless you have a good game plan for surviving in the wild. But if you world does not meet those three conditions, there might be a lot to gain. See >>29829624 .
>>
>>29830522
>Kay

I trusted you
>>
>>29813149
NO MONKEY, DON'T DO IT.
>>
>>29830529
I'm going by what the games show and imply. Given no aditional information, it's not reasonable to assume an adjusted version of the world. Obviously being a Pokémon in a world where trainers exist wouldn't necessarily be bad if Pokémon have mostly 'equal' rights and humans mostly agree that that's how things are supposed to be, but that kind of interpretation is pretty far removed from what the canon shows (even by the anime's standards).

>if you see the Pokémon world as a place where Pokémon are mere monsters at the foundational level

If you don't, you'd better be prepared to make the world reflect the changes you made.
>>
>>29830555
>Implying I have not mastered post-ironic shitposting
>>
>>29830132
I think he was pointing out that he used the word trip to refer to a name. Trip and name are not the same thing.
>>
>>29831697
>>29830844
>>
>>29830666
>If you don't,
Why would I have to? Why is the burden of proof on me? It's entirely counter to the core message of Pokémon as a franchise. Which, mind, is not only not only but also is only barely "the games".

It's like I'd have to apologize for defaulting or even having a positive view of the world. The negative view I reserve for IRL world.
>>
>>29830132
I always take off my name outside this thread and sometimes inside this thread. There was that one time I left it on by accident in /pmdg/, but I deleted that post quickly because nobody else there uses names and I didn't want to stand out.
>>
>>29831896
It's not like this thread is basically all what's left of /pmdg/ now
>>
>>29831844
>the core message of Pokémon

The core message is "git gud and become the best". The friendship talk has been complete bogus since the first game. Even in the game where it should have mattered, NPCs only talked about how bad it'd be for humans if Team Plasma succeeded.

Also, nothing about the main games indicates that the average Pokémon qualifies as sapient. It's an exception at best there.

The burden of proof is on you because reality is not convenient and most people are not carebear hippies, especially not people with any sort of power, and verisimilitude matters. When I read fiction, I expect human characters to act like humans, not videogame NPCs or walking morality lessons. Any serious work of fiction that features people needs to establish how it functions if it is notably different from reality or it becomes too obvious that it's an illusion.

If it's clearly visible that a fictional world is basically just the author's wish fulfilment, I lose interest, because not crafting a better illusion implies the author doesn't really care, and if the author doesn't care, why should I?
>>
>>29832299
Indeed, why should I care about your shitposting
>>
>>29832299
>When I read fiction, I expect human characters to act like humans,
I do too, but I am careful about stressing the definitions.

If that world of fiction is unlike our own in important respects, expecting that verse's humans to act "like humans", which mostly usually is made to mean "like our world's humans", would be out f character for them by definition.

The Pokémon world fits that criteria by having (at the very least) one strong divergence from the world we live in: there are other actual sapient creatures besides humans, and the evolution of human civilization has thus to have taken that into account over time.

>Also, nothing about the main games indicates that the average Pokémon qualifies as sapient. It's an exception at best there.

It is you who choose to limit yourself to the games, and thus your vision of what counts as an "illusion" is unduly scoped in comparison to what you are asking me to discuss. As a worldbuilder, I have always made patent that I work with more than one canon, and my work is to account, weigh and remix what the *franchise* has to offer. On that, I do quite care, and I have delivered pretty well.
>>
>>29833333
Quints have spoken. And I agree with you: the games are one canon out of many, and there has never been a law that we need to obey any of those canons completely. I say that we're all free to come up with our own headcanons and "remix" the canon as you put it (even though going too far could very well be alienating for readers). If the games don't clearly indicate something, such as whether Pokemon are sapient or just simpleminded animals, we can make our own choices on the matter when making our own stories.
>>
boop
>>
File: pheromosa.png (15KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pheromosa.png
15KB, 256x256px
Any Pheromosa fics? Hell, any Ultra Beast fics in general, since I think it'd be interesting to see the perspective of humans trying to train alien Pokemon or the perspective of alien Pokemon being trained by some species they've never seen before.
>>
>>29829425

Assuming that I would be forcibly enslaved by a trainer makes a number of bad assumptions:
- That I couldn't effectively communicate to my trainer that I was once a human and what my interests were. Verbally I may be stuck doing Pokespeech, but that doesn't prevent me from writing, typing on a computer, using sign language or other means of communication. Once I made my situation clear, I think any remotely intelligent trainer would be more interested in cooperating with me knowing that I could act as a bridge between them and the rest of their team, making their training career much easier.

- That I couldn't get away if I wanted to. Aside from simply mauling a trainer I hated the instant I got sent out of a Pokeball, if I was really unhappy I could play at being obedient until the moment my trainer let my guard down and use that opportunity to run off or attack. I'd also like to think that before agreeing to be transformed into a Pokemon I would have figured out some way of ejecting myself out of any Pokeball even after being captured (a trick some Pokemon in the anime pull off). Also maybe there's laws against this sort of shitty treatment, plenty of canon interpretations have this as a given.

- That I couldn't choose who I would be trained by to begin with. In reality, I'd make a point of becoming significantly experienced/powerful enough before ever even leaving the wild that I would never risk being captured by any trainer I encountered unless I deliberately allowed them to. This way I could fight for someone likable but significantly inexperienced to the point that they would depend on my continued cooperation to survive their entire journey. If they weren't willing to do what I say/when I want, well tough shit, they don't get get the prize winnings they need to eat that night. I'd only begin fully trusting them once I was certain they'd treat me like an equal and not a tool for their own amusement.
>>
>>29835852
>Assuming that I would be forcibly enslaved by a trainer makes a number of bad assumptions:
You make just as many, if not more, assumptions than they do.
>>
>>29835995
the guy responding to me implied that no interpretation of the Pokemon world could possibly exist without Pokemon living miserable lives entirely controlled by their trainers. however the original question made it pretty obvious that we were allowed to use whatever personal interpretation of the canon and the Pokemon world we preferred, so yes I can make whatever assumptions I want about MY interpretation and no other people cannot make assumptions about what I personally believe
>>
File: 1405925325805.gif (232KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1405925325805.gif
232KB, 300x350px
>>
bloop
>>
>>29838666
"dem trips" bump.
>>
>>
>>29830132
I've seen Regigianon with his trip out, but I'm not sure if he's an actual writer here or just some poser.
>>
>>29841233
he was working on some tribal fic when he dropped by, but hasn't really came back since.
>>
>>29841046

eevee are we ever going to get a sequel to this story where michael becomes a grizzled veteran MMA fighter with a badass beard and latias learns some useful attack moves and they go around fighting crime and whatnot
>>
>>29842703
In a chapter and a half, after a delay for me to play SM
>>
File: 1476471637060.png (238KB, 624x644px) Image search: [Google]
1476471637060.png
238KB, 624x644px
>>29753431
Is there still hope for this brave world?
>>
File: calm_then_F-.gif (2MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
calm_then_F-.gif
2MB, 240x240px
>Porygon Z's pokedex entry mentions it was modified to work in alien dimension but it didnt work
>Its actually seeing the UB dimension and everytime it starts acting weird is due to some fucked up shit happening
>Two Expansions battling for territory by showing off their muscles to one another
>Pheromosa doing stuff with her pheromones
>UB Glutton eating everything, EVERYTHING.
>>
File: 1432671089644.jpg (88KB, 866x922px) Image search: [Google]
1432671089644.jpg
88KB, 866x922px
>>
____
>>
File: 1375999577277.jpg (30KB, 183x347px) Image search: [Google]
1375999577277.jpg
30KB, 183x347px
>>
File: 1478414852400.png (690KB, 585x702px) Image search: [Google]
1478414852400.png
690KB, 585x702px
quality writethread
>>
>>29835527
I've been thinking about doing one with one being interested in an uninterested/spooked Sun, but it's still mostly cobwebs in my head
>>
File: 1473640345312.png (142KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473640345312.png
142KB, 400x250px
As I've fleshed out more behind the villains, their actions, and everything that Ignace and Ricard are up to I have come to the realization that there is far more to write than I previously anticipated.

Anyone else in the same rapidly sinking boat?
>>
>>29847952
I think I originally intended to get my characters onto the Guts boat two chapters ago, and now I'm fucking around in the city trying to make my antagonist worthwhile and consequential.
>>
>>29847952
I'm still stuck editing previous chapters to set up some of the out-of-nowhere shit in Ch.8 (only one more revision to go!). Also I totally rewrote Ch.8, but that's already complete at least. Then I have to write all of Ch.9 and Ch.10 before the games are out. Kill me.
>>
>>29848011
Hey man, it's all for the good of the story right? Besides, no one wants to get on the boat. Not after what happened last time.

>>29848269
My editor told me that there was no way in hell I was getting this story done inside of twenty odd chapters and said he'd be surprised if it didn't more than forty.

That was terrifying to hear; I should up the word count on my chapters.
>>
>>29848310
I originally estimated BSTF to be 24 chapters, and that slowly got whittled down to 17, then 14, and now it'll only be 10 by completion. Obviously some elements suffered for this, but that's why I'm going back and editing chapters to give them a little bit of the support they ended up lacking. But don't be afraid to compress if you feel it's wandering, you can probably do a much better job of it than I did.
>>
BigDisaster has forsaken us
>>
>>29848269
>editing previous chapters
Poor form. This is why I finish writing my story before I release it; retconning only helps future readers, unless current followers are willing to re-read for little edits. I think that's a lot to ask of them, especially when I already de facto ask of my readers that they read all of my things due to the interwoven establishment and continuity.
>>
>>29843724
>I...see things
>>
>>29848675
It happens. Not the first time, won't be the last
>>
>>29847952
My current story in the works that was originally going to be only three episodes long, looks like it's gonna need six, maybe seven, and might also be in need of an introductory prequel short. That's how much I underestimated.

Then again, it's par on the course for a well developed story to develop even further and grow on its own, without your input. It's a sign that your world lives.

Like >>29848310 says, if's all for the good of the story...
>>
Ok, this is fucking bothering me for some reason, the fuck is the context for OP picture?
>>
>>29852458
See the edition of the thread
>>
>>29852583
I have, and I still dont quite understand what the fuck is the context behind it, other than JUST Aipom smacking some ass. I feel like theres a story behind that picture.
>>
nice to have a word processor that automatically backs up my fanfic documents and lets me recover them whenever windows 10 update decides to fuck everything up and automatically close everything

you da real mvp libreoffice
>>
>>29853112
Word. (Not as in the program :p )

And that reminds me, here in this community we have dics to share! You can now massage your verbiage skills, jack up that writing quality and wipe your Pokémon docs clean of the red squiggly lines.

>http://veniasilente.user.tropi.us/_a/pokedics/
>>
>>29853112
>Windows 10
mfw
>>
>>29847952
But that means more bro adventures with Ignace and Charles, so it's not a bad thing.
>>
>>29854468
Hey, maybe he enjoys his computer crashing whenever he leaves the room for a few minutes.
>>
File: 1478543573557.png (198KB, 725x823px) Image search: [Google]
1478543573557.png
198KB, 725x823px
>>29854468
>>
>>29853112
Install Gentoo.

>>/g/

>>29855504
Wut. That picture makes me worry for some reason.
>>
File: 1473639248477.jpg (31KB, 359x324px) Image search: [Google]
1473639248477.jpg
31KB, 359x324px
>>29856443
Xatu is reminding you that every day, we stray further from god's light.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
I finally had time to finish it, and with a new FFN account too. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12230190/1/Horst-s-Hunting-Journal
First three chapters.
>>
File: 1478482496750.jpg (4KB, 160x188px) Image search: [Google]
1478482496750.jpg
4KB, 160x188px
>>29856443
It's from the drawthread based on this image.
>>
bumpu
>>
>>29858756
oh, finally made one? Nice. Plan on uploading your other stuff there too?
>>
Oh no Sun is good
RIP progress
>>
>>29862231
Being a retailfag is nice because it means I still have six days of writing time left. and I still might not make it
>>
File: tmp_29253-1478882054311748397475.jpg (110KB, 1024x791px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29253-1478882054311748397475.jpg
110KB, 1024x791px
>>29861193
I was thinking I might, but perhaps it's better if it stays in Pastebin.
>>
>>29862603
Don't rush it just so you can release it before the games come out. Better to get it right, or as right as you can get it, the first time.
>>
>>29863446
I wouldn't be taking all this time to revise stuff if I was ever planning on rushing it.
>>
>>29829241
Where can If ind your fic? It sounds interesting
>>
No spoilers, is Sun and Moon good?
I've heard things...
>>
>>29864630
Halfway through right now, I'd say it's very wholesome. Slow, heavy, hard to grind. Just the way I like it.

I also have bad taste.
>>
SM spoilers: With the theories about Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion being UBs being proven false, I sort of want to see a SM journeyfic taking elements from Phantasmagoria 2 to spice up the plot. I liked the plot of the games but it was sort of restrained.
>>
>>29864849
Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>29865278
>spoiler
oh thank god
>>
>>29865354
Any game that enables me to use shitmons as a main team is a good game to me.

I mean, you can get Finneon in the 15s. Fucking Finneon, man.
>>
>>29865502
Beautiful. I wanted another Colosseum experience.
Is the music good? I hope it's not going overboard on ukuleles.
>>
>>29865576
Music's pretty darn rad. No town/route themes really stuck out to me but the battle remix for Totems is really cool.
>>
File: 1476145125599.png (124KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476145125599.png
124KB, 400x240px
>>29865576
I'd say you're going to be listening to a little more orchestral than ukuleles
>>
____
>>
File: image.png (177KB, 437x557px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 437x557px
So what's that thing she's wearing called again?
>>
>>29866699
checkd
>>
>>29864630
I would also like to report that the male character has once more been cucked for customization options

Though the shirt with a Houndoom wearing sunglasses is the dopest shit otherwise.
>>
>>29869226
That's a selling point for me. I am still unspoiled though.
>>
>>29869705
I'm trying to to stay unspoiled but I want to know everything about the UB already
>>
>>29870173
Life is suffering, but it's all worth it for my lizard. Only a few more days.
>>
zoom
>>
>>29829241
I've seen it mentioned by others and a personal head canon is that Pokemon with a Trainer get an XP multiplier, not only from friendship, but from someone looking out for it. I like what PokeRole did with Mystery Dungeon, and I can see some pokemon losing control of themselves in hot battles.

>>29829425
We already have Team Rocket's Meowth as counter to that. According to the wiki, he's still technically a wild Pokemon.
>>
>>29813476
can someone explain this picture for me is the flower trying to protect its sisters or is it a setup to bully the older sister thing?
>>
File: How fucking edgy.png (1MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [Google]
How fucking edgy.png
1MB, 2893x4092px
>>
>>29872426
There are many things that need to be erased. The amount of autism surrounding my favorite pokemon is terrifying,The irony is not lost on me.
>>
File: 1477696293336.png (57KB, 1187x839px) Image search: [Google]
1477696293336.png
57KB, 1187x839px
>>29872762
I agree. But it fucking cracks me up to see that sort of thing.

Also kinda serves as a good way to find out how NOT to write characters.

Also saying Gallade is your favorite results in less shit flung your way.
>>
bampu
>>
File: regi.png (462KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
regi.png
462KB, 1024x638px
Time for a new Flash Platinum update.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12024240/13/Pokemon-Flash-Platinum

Sid and Jet take on a zapdos and registeel.
>>
File: image.png (49KB, 486x239px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49KB, 486x239px
Hey, didn't someone request a Golisopod story a few threads earlier?
>>
>>29875365
Dunno, but do you got one?
>>
>>29875909
I remember someone requesting one about Golisopod being all overconfident and wanting to fight UB Absorption, but chickening out and making excuses when actually fighting it.
>>
>>29875346
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12024240/13/Pokemon-Flash-Platinum

>Me and Prancer
Prancer and I

>what?
What?

>I reply
I reply.

>I cry
I cry.

>"ooooh yes"
"Ooooh yes,"

>Prancer wraps his arms around me as we stop so that I don't go flying out when we suddenly stop.
Prancer wraps his arms around me so that I don't go flying out when we suddenly stop.

>"ha ha ha!
"Ha ha ha!

>little one.".
little one."

>kanto
Kanto

>"One"
"One,"

>"Two"
"Two,"

>lungs
lungs,

>"ah ah ah,
"Ah ah ah,

>"what are
"What are

>"what was
"What was

>legendary mega evolution".
legendary mega evolution."
>>
>>29876492
I'll fix that right up. Thank you.
>>
>>29876492
And the repairs have been made. Thank you for helping.
>>
>>29843724
Speaking of good ol' Porgon-Z, are there any good fics about it? I love his design concept and would love to read a fic about how tragic/depressing it is to own a sentient illegal mod of a program.
>>
>>29872885
Eh, the Gallade tag on pixiv is filled with gay shit.
>>
>>29875346
Did you take into consideration any of my comments from the last chapter?
>>
>>29877936
Definitely.
>>
>>29877958
Good man. I'll read in a bit.
>>
>>29877890
I don't think I've even seen a fic that mentions Porygon z at all.
>>
>>29878049
Porygon2 is as far as I dared to go.
>>
File: 1392857602783.jpg (64KB, 593x463px) Image search: [Google]
1392857602783.jpg
64KB, 593x463px
>>
File: le_fou.jpg (6KB, 125x94px) Image search: [Google]
le_fou.jpg
6KB, 125x94px
>>29880280
There is no escaping it. Give up.
>>
>>29854468
I swear by win7 office 2010. Win10 has lots of issues with syncing documents from multiple devices. I've written on my phone while commuting. It's much safer to just copy and paste a text file via USB tether than use the win10 sync function with the M$ word app when there's shoddy wireless mobile coverage.
>>
booping
>>
Are there any fics involving the new sea urchin, ferrothorn clone thing?

They eat corsola - maybe that could be worked into a fic somehow?
>>
>>29883553
maybe a lewd or bully fic

please don't die /vwt/ !
>>
>>29884358
the thread's usually slow. You get used to it.
>>
>>29884358
>lewdfic with Corsola
Now there's a challenge.
>>
>>29883553
>>29885949
Are corals and sea urchins sea sponge-worthy?
>>
>>29875999
I don't think I ever saw anything like that
>>
>>29875999
this does sound like a fun idea though
>>
>>29877890
>>29878049
I've considered writing about one in the past, but neither of the ideas I had really made for a story by themselves or fit in anything else I'd be writing.

The first idea I had was about a trainer evolving his porygon2 either by accident or without realizing the consequences and dealing with the guilt of so drastically damaging/effecting their friend's mind.

The second idea was set in a post-humanity PMD setting where most of the porygon line became defunct due to lack of maintenance. The main character would use knowledge from their previous life to help them gain administrative privileges over their own systems in order to maintain themselves, possibly meeting and helping a former companion porygon in the process.
>>
File: xrEngine 2016-07-20 18-56-12-98.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xrEngine 2016-07-20 18-56-12-98.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I feel as if, when talking about a legendary, its best to refer to them as 'it'
What do you guys suppose?
>>
File: ribombee.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ribombee.png
91KB, 500x500px
For the guy that was interested in cute male rimbombee and Vespiquen's favorite + hive shenanigans, are you still thinking about it?
>>
File: esd-1.gif (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
esd-1.gif
3KB, 160x144px
>>29889523
I suppose it depends on what pokemon are to you.

You could tumblr and ask to be told which pronouns you're allowed to use.
>>
>>29889846
wew
But in all seriousness, I think at least in the MD universe, since the normal pokemon are so distant to them, its almost impossible to think of them on a level head. They're such beasts of mystic and wonder, that theres nothing to show for personality.
In other words, the pokemon im writing about is beast-like in nature and most other pokemon most likely fear it.
>>
>>29890010
You seem to have answered your question for yourself.
>>
>>29889523
Depends on the setting, depends on the Legendary, depends on if you know (internally), heck, even depends on if you go with a "gender binary". Biology and sociology for otherwordly creatures can get weird.

English doesn't really have something in pronouns that indicates or marks respect. Or at least maybe modern English doesn't, I read people of old and figures who are portrayed as overall majestic and awesome use Thou (that's second person tho, I have no idea what the equivalent third person is).

>>29889846
>You could tumblr and ask to be told which pronouns you're allowed to use.
....wat
"People escapism into world like Pokémon to get away from stuff like this".jpg

Though I guess for the most sapient of those, it would be considered in the least respectful to ask.
>>
>>29889611
I've started writing it, but it's been slow going. I'm having trouble with deciding where exactly to take it, and it's also been tough to figure out how to make it cute in the first place, because "cute" is something I've never tried writing before.

I've written enough of the story that I've begun feeling committed to finishing it, and I'm not planning to cancel it, but it might take some time to complete it. Hopefully I'll be able to get into a stride or flow or whatever it's called and make some real progress on it soon.

>>29890010
>in the MD universe, since the normal pokemon are so distant to them, its almost impossible to think of them on a level head
From what I remember, most if not all Legendaries in PMD actually are referred to as either male or female, even though they are indeed stronger than most Pokemon (hero and partner excluded). For example, Dialga and Kyurem are referred to as male; Uxie and Azelf are male while Mesprit is female; Jirachi is male; and Pink Celebi is female. But while that may be the case, if the Pokemon in question is sufficiently beast-like and/or feral, it might be more fitting to call it an "it".
>>
Goddamn there are a lot of battle themes this gen
>>
Hmmm, all this talk about Legendaries, and the usual talk about Legendaries I've had with people like Invictus and Vry on the #IRC, have helped me a bit get in good enough mood to plan and hopefully write stuff.

Which is good, because I have precisely been thinking of writing an anthology (if that's the right word) of oneshots involving Legendaries.

Beats my other crap ideas I have at the moment, in the least.

>CAPTCHA
>BLUE Sold
Get me Green, then.
>>
File: 1330122938026.jpg (95KB, 566x413px) Image search: [Google]
1330122938026.jpg
95KB, 566x413px
>>29854053

I know I should just do it myself, but one idea that came to mind is a story about having your Rotom possess a computer while you install all these enormous, lengthy Pokedics onto it.
>>
>>29890961
Cool. I usually am lurking the thread, so if you need any suggestions/help/feedback I can give some. Though note that I'm not a very deep thinker in terms of plot
>>
>>
File: animated skeleton.png (282KB, 596x766px) Image search: [Google]
animated skeleton.png
282KB, 596x766px
>proofreading work
>What_the_fuck_did_i_actually_write_this_shit.gif
>>
File: lookatmeson.jpg (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
lookatmeson.jpg
8KB, 267x200px
>>29894994
>Reading the draft
"The fuck am I writing here? What the hell is this grammar?"

>Reading the second draft
"Why the hell did I think that would fix that?"

>Reading the fifth draft
"Holy hell I'm really making this sound pretentious"

It's an endless cycle. You gotta figure out when to jump off.
>>
File: deci.png (289KB, 958x834px) Image search: [Google]
deci.png
289KB, 958x834px
Just submitted chapter two of Stray, for anyone who's interested. Second chapter is last chapter for major world building. Next chapter has the emerging story starting:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12223183/2/Stray
http://pastebin.com/f2iWfaMF
>>
>>29892124

remember with enough power of friendship and Reviver Seeds even some chump basic-stage starters can defeat the most powerful legendaries

i'd like to imagine they have some sort of other special powers besides battle capacity that makes them have such a strong reputation
>>
>>29892124
how the fuck do i even join the #irc
>>
>>29895713
Probably in a videogame. These are designed to be winnable by default.

Re: special powers, well, it is kind of canon. Various Legendaries have some power over abstract concepts, or have a unique element in their skillset that leaps outside the usual definition of what Pokémon powers are. Ho-Oh is probably the best example, but the Lake Trio and the Remove Genies might fit as well.

I have been told my setting's Legendaries pack quite a good punch, I feel that that's kind of the point of them being them. If they were any easily subduable or catchable, given how stable long-term the Pokémon world already is, they would already have been, and their reputations if any would be moot.

(Plus, all myths start from truths)

At the moment I have basic plot ideas for the whole thing, involving a couple of Legendaries' entries, not much else. I just hope to hit the anti-procrastination powerup soon.
>>
>>29895230
its fucking Russian roulette with a virtual piece of paper
>>
>>29896368
You can access it by using rizon.net and entering in the channel name in the OP or you can use your own client. I'm trying to set up a client I downloaded a while ago at the moment actually.
>>
>>29896368
I think there is a link in the catalog (linked to in the OP) to directly enter a IRC web client and connect to the #vpwritethread. I think that should help.
>>
>>29896493

https://rizon.net/
click "go chat"
change the channels box to #vpwritethread
enter a username
click "connect"

>>29896377

I feel like we've had this discussion many times before, and I'm convinced that if you really want to make Legendaries practically on the level of divinities then its a rather pointless affair to bring humans into the Pokemon world when it's often these same Legendary Pokemon that are causing trouble to begin with. I know in your interpretation of the game world this is a moot point because it isn't based around PMD, but even then there's still a "brave knight slays the mighty dragon" mythos to challenging legendaries that's a key trope of the series.

It all depends on the plot I suppose, but from the way you describe them it sounds like they spend most of their time just wanting to be left alone rather than being active movers and shakers in global politics, so the average human trainer you'd use as a protagonist would likely not get a chance to meet one let alone battle one.
>>
>>29897270
The True Enemy in GtI and Super is a simple way to excuse weaker Legendaries. Have them be drugged or hampered in some way by an ancient implement and it's easy to state that they weren't hitting with their full force.

Most of them can hit with Sniper accuracy with all their moves (ALL OF THEM) but not if they can't focus and unleash it on the area around them. For example, someone like Groudon would be causing lava and tremors over a wide area, but it's just window dressing because it isn't aiming them directly at you.
>>
>>29898209

I tend to view many Legendary pokemon as having depended on their natural abilities or brute strength for so long that they lack the technique or training to effectively defend against a particularly skilled and well prepared duelist. In game terms my best comparison would be the utterly one sided Pikachu vs Lugia matchup in Gates to Infinity. If you use Agility to buff up Pikachu's movement so that it can constantly stay out of the range of Hydro Pump and pelt Lugia from across the map with Discharge than it is completely incapable of damaging you in any way while you quickly whittle down its HP. All the hard hitting attacks in the world isn't going to do a Legendary pokemon any good if their opponent is zipping around past the sound barrier and have already figured out ways to perfectly counter every move you make.
>>
>>29898433
In game, I totally agree with you.

In story, it should be an upcliff battle. I prefer the anime versions of the Legendaries, where you are going to be taken for a ride, regardless of how prepared you are. Agility should just be written off as bullet time dodging attacks, but making it clear to the reader that a missed punch still levels a wall, still knocks the protagonists away, even on a whiff.

But this is against Legendaries, which I put at Cu Chalainn or Heracles tier at the lowest. I'd give them an Achilles Heel, but you'd still have to suffer and work to hit it.
>>
>>29898433
A Human-turned-Pokemon PmD protagonist does have the advantage of having a higher IQ and figuring out alternate ways to win.

>Causing an avalanche
>Setting up traps before hand

It shouldn't be a cakewalk either way, and it shows that the protagonists had to work for it, even if the fight itself only takes a few paragraphs.
>>
bedtime bump
>>
File: 2ec.jpg (210KB, 456x1754px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.jpg
210KB, 456x1754px
I'm so sorry for failing to deliver on time. The events that unfolded this week prevented me from having true moment of peace.
On a random note, I find it bizzarre the Gastrodon family was originally meant to be a Gen 3 Pokemon.
>>
I think I fgured out the basic plot for my Lusamine/Guzma fic
it starts with her bleaching his hair
then they fuck while she's pretending he's an UB
>>
>mfw I almost upload a chapter without removing my inline notes and editing markup from the doc

holy fuck I'm tired.
>>
>>29899815
>Extra steps.
lol.doc
Granted, I have a clean-up process before posting that converts my text into the HTML I prefer.
It's a script, so the whole task is typing `txttohtml *.txt`.
>>
File: 1478860796226.png (316KB, 922x738px) Image search: [Google]
1478860796226.png
316KB, 922x738px
Alright, I hope this time it's a little better than last.

Big Shoes To Fill; Chapter 8
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12125737/8/Big-Shoes-to-Fill
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7944409/chapters/19611916

I've edited a couple other chapters to better support what originally came totally out of left field;
Chapter 4 has been updated with a quick vidphone conversation in the last section
Chapter 6 has had the final section of the date-scene totally rewritten, and is now from Michael's perspective. Honestly it might be the most important establishment scene in all of Part Two, and I'm a fucking idiot for not writing it from his perspective the first time. Like holy fuck. Kill me.
Both these chapters are presently updated on both FFN and AO3

I hope this time it goes down a little easier for readers of mine. Sorry it took me so long, and once again thank you so much for all your feedback. It makes critical repairs like this possible.
>>
http://pastebin.com/bdSS6C7i (mildly NSFW for now, Maxie/Archie, ORAS)
Chapters 1-2 (out of 4) are basically done, but this fic needs a good polishing. I could use some advice. (Note: Tabitha's thoughts were mostly in italics before I dumped them onto Pastebin, so the formatting in Ch. 1 might be a little clunky.)

The story so far: Maxie wiretapped his office, which doesn't stop pirates from breaking in for sex at all. Courtney and Tabitha figure this out the hard way.

This started out as an exercise in characterizing the Aqua/Magma admins. It's only half serious, and not to mention half finished--the Aqua chapters are tough to write, partially because they're a lot more lewd, and partially because I've been having a hard time with Matt and Shelly's characters.
>>
>>29900186
Regardless of the fact that I haven't even attempted to read it, and have no drive to do so at this time, I at least think it's pretty rad to hear that you've managed to successfully complete some major fixes. It has nothing to do with the fic itself, I just feel like going back and fucking with things over and over to get it right is the most demotivating part of the whole process, and thumbs up to you for supposedly trudging through it. Supposedly, because my circlejerking has no bounds with actual literature.

I have to go disappear and get no progress done because of Sun now
>>
>>29900423
Thanks, means a lot to hear it. Successful, though? Remains to be seen, let the soul-crushing reviews decide.
>Despair, but also despair.
It IS hard, mostly because anytime I touch Chapter 6 (and this is my third or fourth time doing so) I can feel my joints decay and some sort of brain cancer take root. I think it might finally be fixed now. Maybe. God, I hope.

Won't know until tomorrow: now unconsciousness must claim me.
>>
>>29895605
H Y P E
>>
>Its implied the UBs you catch are the zubats/early game weaklings of their dimension
>Having an Under confident UB forced to see pokemon even weaker than it.
>>
>>29899126
Oh hi you're alive. Still looking forward to those fics by the way
>>
>>29897270
The stories will likely not be "PC" focused, but I see your point.

The thing about Legendary encounters is, half of the reason they are "rare" is that previous to specific plot triggers they are forced to be unavailable: Kyogre and Groudon are sealed until specifically unsealed by the villains, Rayquaza is taking a dragon nap (these things take time), getting straight access to the Creation Trio requires the power to interdimensionally travel, Reshiram and Zekrom are pulling off a Metroid and morphed into balls, Ho-Oh and Lugia abandoned humanity / Pokémonkind and have made themselves scarce for 800 years, and Mewtwo doesn't even exist until TR enters the picture.

Gotten past that barrier, it should be not "rare" to have encounters with some of them - but at the same time, an encounter does not always signify a battle.

>>29898209
Agree. Hampering Legendaries is a thing as much as it is anyone else. Canonically it makes sense for some of them, as they are tied to specific phenomena that can be taken advantage (or be accidentally benefited) from.

>>29898433
>>29898638
The thing about "strong but unskilled" is that it only works with Legendaries within a certain gamut: those who have lived short and have right out ignored the world around them. It doesn't work with eg.: Rayquaza (who has lived for millions of years, so you can't say it hasn't gotten practice) or Legendaries who intentionally expose themselves to humanity (such as the Muskedeers, who have been stated to have repeatedly attacked human settlements in the past, so surely they learnt stuff from Trainers and warriors as they went).

Most importantly, it presumes that "you" are somehow the first or most powerful Trainer to have gotten to face a Legendary. That is, statistically speaking, just not feasible. They have been chased enough in the past that they know well how to handle pestering humans or Pokémon - the Gerbils pack Roar for a reason, for example.
>>
File: 1479098817852.jpg (241KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479098817852.jpg
241KB, 640x720px
>>29883553
that thing is cute, but I wouldn't expect much, at least until the game's release
>>
>>29895605
Won't the MC's "experience" make Stray jealous?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 653x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 653x394px
anyone can recommend my some eeveelution & trainer lewdfics? alternatively something with ninetales pls no gayness though
>>
>>29904817
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11730004/1/Little-Blue-Devil
If you haven't seen it already, still vouching for this little diddy involving Lucas and FVaporeon
>>
http://pastebin.com/jYuY69ir This was an idea that's been stewing in my head for a while.
>>
>>29904962
read it already, it's pretty nice.
vaporeon is somewhat my favourite smut-wise
>>
>>29905292
>>29904962
how about ones you cant just easily find on FFN or AOOO ?
because i basicly read all of the stuff i already was able to find via tags
>>
File: omg.jpg (16KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
16KB, 427x240px
>>29905015
>stewing
"They're eating Pokémon. And then they're going to eat me! …
(Pic.)
>jYuY69ir, Line 33: “OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!”
>>
>>29900352
>http://pastebin.com/bdSS6C7i
Well, I say you got an amusing read right here. The italics does prove to be a problem if you are publishing it exclusively on pastebin though. Might be a good idea to label his thoughts with single quotations (') for that instance.
>>29905015
Huh, I imagined his dad to be a bit more secretive about the whole 'I am your father' shindig, but this works fine too.
>>29905393
cge plz. I can't kek this hard in the morning
>>
noon bump
>>
>>29905366
Well, sounds like you're out of luck then. Catalog doesn't have any that I know of, so I guess you could request one or make your own
>>
>>29905528
Well, to be fair, he's shocked about finding out about being Ash's dad. Especially since this is the second affair that resulted in a child
>>
File: 1478302777468.png (10KB, 247x230px) Image search: [Google]
1478302777468.png
10KB, 247x230px
>>29905366
Bite the bullet and hit furry sites.
>>
>>29905366
What >>29908736 says. Come on. Join them. You know you want to.
>>
File: Guzzlord happyy.gif (1MB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Guzzlord happyy.gif
1MB, 500x372px
Time for a stupid idea.

An old, nearsighted man taking his three Pokemon (Scizor, Snorlax and Golisopod) to a park and being confused as to why everyone is freaked out by his 3 companions.
>His Pokemon are actually Buzzswole, Guzzlord and Pheromosa
>>
>>29909908
where can i find all the clips of playing with UBs in refresh?
>>
>>29910219
Pretty sure it's on YouTube. Google petting the UBs
>>
>>29909908
sounds like it could make for an amusing quip, although I'd wonder what would happen to his actual pokemon...
>>
bump
>>29899126
so then do you have a new time down?
>>
>>29911678
>Guzzlord ate them
Alternatively, Dude's got shit memory
>>
>>29913365
he caught the UB mons and forgot they were UBs?
>>
File: sadwott.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sadwott.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>29914594
He has dementia and forgot his real team died a long time ago.
>>
File: 58603100_p0_master1200.jpg (69KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
58603100_p0_master1200.jpg
69KB, 600x540px
Welp. Guess I will be delaying curiosity for a bit. Technical issues with my OS has been fucking me over shit getting randomly deleted,and the fact I can't play a lot of my games.

Don't know when my computer will be in working order again. But at least this time I have a excuse for not working on it.
>>
>>29914668
Well, that's one way to make things dark
>>
>>29916090
>Technical issues with my OS
This is a solvable problem.
>>
>>29916177
I do know what the issue is, and I am trying to fix it.
>>
>>29916090
Install Gentoo.

Then be happy.

>But at least this time I have a excuse for not working on it.
Pen and paper, pal :p
>>
File: tumblr_o14se0hQPj1sb49q1o1_1280.png (298KB, 1233x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o14se0hQPj1sb49q1o1_1280.png
298KB, 1233x300px
I just finished more ridiculous gay Pokeboy smut. Enjoy if you're into that.

http://pastebin.com/npY8nLaQ

Premise: Sun invites his friend Calem over to the Alola region to show him the power of Z moves. However, something goes a bit haywire. What happens when a human is infused with all the Fairy energy of a Fairy-type Z move?
>>
>>29916217
>linux
Yeah no sorry. Just not a big fan of coding shit.

>Pen and paper
Sometimes I can't read my own handwriting.
>>
>>29916652
You don't have to code it, just compile it.
>>
>>29916652
>no coding
Install one of the others that are not Gentoo :p

Ubuntu is, despite everything, a good choice provided you don't go for the vanilla distro. Pick one of the affiliated [letter]ubuntu ones instead.
>>
>>29917104
Thing is I actually want to play my games on my computer. And about half of not more of the shit I have on here now is not compatible with linux.
>>
>>29917104
>.+buntu.
There are a dozen other distros that aren't spyware.

>>29917212
>the shit I have on here now is not compatible with linux
A) Play games that aren't shit.
B) Spend that time writing.
>>
>>29917212
More or less what >>29917322 says. Other than that. Linux has very good games (plus whatever compatible is at Steam / GoG / POL). 0ad comes to mind.
>>29917322
They are still good beginner distros. What, you want me to send a colleague (of sorts) from here to Arch? I am not that coldhearted.

Plus, any *buntu is orders of magnitude less spyware than Windows 10. Heck, KUbuntu pretty much tells you "hey, I have spyware, go here to disable it!".

I would recommend Fedora if its community didn't teach horrible ethic practices such as withholding tech support or config files from people in le US enemy states maymay like Cuba, or banning people who want to change the default configuration of programs.
>>
>>29917868
Yeah still does not sound like something that I would go for. It's tempting considering how it is free and all. But lack of games like planetside and Postal just is not worth it for me.
>>
>Legendary pokemon getting flung into the UB dimension
>Its now forced to compete in a world where its basically a zubat in comparison to the others.
>Bonus point if its Arceus
>>
>>29917868
>inb4 >>>/g/
I've been using linux for over half my life. What it all comes down to how well can you use a computer / how willing are you to learn how to use a computer. Windows and Mac osx are popular because a braindead monkey can use them. That is also why they're shit, because apple and microsoft obfuscate functionality away from the user and hide it in the OS.

How I recommend to get started is +buntu -> archbang (crunchbang) -> arch -> LFS.

tl;dr LFS is king.
>>
File: 2k.jpg (9KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
2k.jpg
9KB, 125x125px
>>29917868
>Arch? I am not that coldhearted.
Arch served neat is not for the amateur, but it makes a hell of a foundation for friendlier distros. Also, there are further alternatives.

Ubuntu only became a thing because it had enough corporate funding to afford steady development, and what did they develop into? …
>"hey, I have spyware, go here to disable it!"
Hey, don't have it in the first place.

>>29918784
Try it on a live ISO to get a feel for it, then set up a dual-boot. I dual-booted my main machine for a few months, then I realized the only time I grudgingly rebooted to Windows was for a video game, and once Linux figured that game out, I was done with Windows—the only use I have for Windows (2000) today is one piece of old hardware on a dual-boot old computer in a project room.
Pic related: The only one in her family who never did me wrong.
>>
>>29916380
This sounds so goofy, I might read it as a straight guy.
>>
>>29919145
I'm a gearhead, so I understand less than half of what is being said. That and it sounds like something that to me does not seem like it is worth it.
>>
>>29905528
I write on Google Docs most of the time, but I didn't want to subject people to a bunch of sloppy, wildly out of order WIPs.
I plan on posting the finished fic to AO3 with proper formatting.
>>
File: 1479072575671.png (278KB, 1280x1542px) Image search: [Google]
1479072575671.png
278KB, 1280x1542px
>>
File: semi-related.jpg (261KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
semi-related.jpg
261KB, 612x792px
Belated heads-up, but published a chapter over the weekend. Took some time to iron out a couple bugs since then.

FFN:
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/43/Fledglings

AO3:
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/3465593/chapters/19564600

I'm a little paranoid that the chapter might have come out a little rushed, but alas. I can tighten it up a bit after the fact if it seems a bit loose.
>>
bedtime boop
>>
File: 1479073848304.png (232KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
1479073848304.png
232KB, 900x637px
>>
>>29924357
That's not a bad idea at all Latias, but I have to get to a stopping point that won't make me feel like I wasted my time opening this fucking document.
>>
File: 1473623552442.jpg (235KB, 535x612px) Image search: [Google]
1473623552442.jpg
235KB, 535x612px
I might even read some of the new arrivals, this new gen has a lot of potential. There's a lot of flesh to some of the secondary characters that could be very nicely answered.
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 321x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 321x185px
>>29916380
>that ending
Amazing.
>>
>>29920215
>a bunch of sloppy, wildly out of order WIPs
You must be me. I've got a 30 page document made up entirely of random scenes that aren't even set to take place until the second arc of my story because that's where the romance starts
>>
morning bump
>>
pre-lunch bump.

>CAPTCHA
>has the name of my crush
Suckaverg, I know you are there, come out and face me like a man!
>>
Post-lunch bump

Oh god why, it's already pitch black outside
>>
>>29930135
daylight saving times
>>
>>29931600
That's over. We're on proper time, now.
>>
>>29903685
>this cutey fucking murders corsola en mass in the wild
The cuter it is the faster it can kill you I guess
>>
>>29932783
>Knifecats
>>
>>29931600
Might write a fic about Dialga doing some time manipulation with DLST. Thank you for the inspiration anon.
>>
>>29932783
Of course. The cuteness is a ploy to distract its prey and leave it open to attack. It's the same sort of thing as Mawile, for example.
>>
>>29933549
I thought Mawile was the opposite: a big scary false jaw to keep predators at bay that might otherwise harm her frail body?
>>
File: tumblr_mhrhayQVCL1rc2uczo3_250.gif (229KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhrhayQVCL1rc2uczo3_250.gif
229KB, 160x160px
>>29933893
They're functional.
>>
>>29933893
I'm not so sure about that. The dex entries say stuff like this:
>Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, Mawile chomps with its gaping jaws.
Plus, it commonly lives in caves, and its jaws are colored black while its body is bright yellow. I've always interpreted that as part of its deception: the body is easy to see, so predators think they're facing a tiny and weak Pokemon, while the jaws stay hidden in darkness of the caves and are thus unseen by the predators.
>>
>>29934035
>>29934113
I knew it was functional, but the camouflage point is really good. I hadn't thought of it that way, but it does make a lot of sense now that I have. Learn something new every day
>>
>>29934492
I should mention that the camouflaging coloration thing is just a head canon of mine, and it isn't brought up in any dex entries (to my knowledge), but I do think it is a logical idea nonetheless.
>>
>>29922560
>Oh, I've fallen quite behind on this story!
>I think I was at this part when I was here last
A Bane Joke.

4chan was a mistake. The world will be better once Hiro pulls the plug. Eager to see if the kids make it back.
>>
>>29934756
>11–12–3.
I don't think your haiku has the right syllable counts.
>>
>>29934799
Haikus demanded
A past tradition renewed
Time for a derail
>>
>>29934799
Looking at how far removed it is from the ol' 5-7-5, I don't believe it was meant to be a haiku in the first place.

And besides, haiku are soooo 2 threads ago. Or was it 3 threads? 4? I forget when that one thread happened where people kept making haiku.
>>
>>29935088
>Looking at how far removed it is from the ol' 5-7-5
Purpose regardless,
Whenever there are three lines,
There is no excuse.
>>
Page ten hasty bump!
Thread, live until the post limit!
You must find three-ten!
>>
I'm impressed, /vpwt/. Threads have been going pretty fast lately. I remember back in 2011 when threads would be up for weeks on end.
>>
>>29937688
oh no we still go thorugh slow portions from time to time. It's thanks to S/M and the new mons that the thread picked up in speed
>>
File: Eevee.full.825252.jpg (204KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Eevee.full.825252.jpg
204KB, 800x1200px
>>29937688
>>29938269
The worst I can recall thread traffic being was during the Valentine's thread in 2015 which lasted almost a full month and it seems like there's been an upward trend in /vpwt/ traffic since then. The huge amount of pokemon hype over the past half year has certainly helped out. We've picked up a number of regulars, so hopefully the thread won't die down too far once the waiting for the next games sets in.
>>
>>29916380
>Sun could feel it
>Calem could taste it
unf
>>
File: 1408912250386.png (224KB, 376x447px) Image search: [Google]
1408912250386.png
224KB, 376x447px
>>29938527
>>29925947
Glad you guys liked it. Someone asked me elsewhere to write more of Calem being a twink so I guess keep your eyes peeled.
>>
>>29939097
I should warn you, unless you're into borderline too weird for /d/ stuff, you don't want to look at that. That one has Nate pissing himself in a diaper.

If you're in the mood for more gay, you probably want to read this instead. This one has Nate and Hilbert crossdressing and getting lewd:

http://pastebin.com/y62NS71Z
>>
>>29938882
Hey, did you take a look at >>29794471 >>29794683 ?
>>
>>29939412
I definitely do want to look at that.

Thank you for the link.
>>
So how would a UB work in a PMD fic? Maybe the death of one of the game's villain (bittercold, etc) cause a dimensional tear in which the UBs could use to enter the Pokemon dimension.
>>
>>29939823
Jessie fuckin' a shuck sounds neat, but since that post I've gotten few more requests that I'd prefer to do first. More gay Calem and some weird requests that either aren't pokemon related or are too extreme that I won't post here. I'll post the shuckle thing here and try to add it to the catalog though if I ever do it.

>>29940061
Oh. Well then, there's a lot more of that in my pastebin. Pretty much all my most viewed stuff except the tsareena fic involve that stuff.
>>
>>29940083
UB universe might be a little too far from the borders of the PMD universe to be drawn from. If PMD is the bottom piece of bread in the universe sandwich, and UB the top, then it's not impossible for the two to meet or for one to go through the middle, but highly improbable.

I'm speaking bullshit.
>>
>>29940824
It's plausible bullshit though, and that's all that matters!
>>
>>29940083
Ahem
Severely depowered UB as protagonist, with or without former humanity
>>
File: image.png (383KB, 609x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
383KB, 609x445px
>>29940083
Even more stupid idea time
>Food suddenly going missing
>Rumours of some kind of "Monster" showing up at night becomes more common
>eventually they decide to spring a trap
>place a bunch of food in the middle of town
>hidden pitfall trap
>night time
>the monster shows up
>Its Guzzlord
>it eats the trap and walks away full, ignoring the food
>entire village bamboozled.
>>
>>29941388
>pitfall trap
>literally a hole
>Guzzlord eats the trap
Truly, this creature possesses terrifying capabilities
>>
>>29941497
>>29941388
what the fuck was i thinking.
>>
>>29941388
>>29941497
>by eating the hole, it tore a hole in the fabric of reality.
>There's an giant hole of absolutely fucking nothing in the middle of town
>Just an endless void
>Its used as a garbage can.
>>
>>29941576
You where thinking about AC pitfalls, and it ate that. I would also find it funny if it was kinda like that Ed Edd and Eddy episode
>>
>>29941940
>Ed Edd and Eddy episode
Got a link to that scene?
>>
>>29942072
I can try to find one, It was the episode with Ed sleepwalking an eating fucking eaverything until he was stuck in his own window.

That also makes me think of ANOTHER thing;
>Guzzlord, did you eat the sun again?
>>
>>29942072
Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMbh3xarPg
>>
File: 1479078093390.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479078093390.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
>>
>>29943587

I read your new chapter version

I'm not going to say my opinion has drastically changed, because I feel like your story in general hasn't given me much of a reason to feel like Latias is anything more than a delusional stalker. but her actions now at least make a lot more sense and I can appreciate her intelligence more. starmie mcbaddie and its trainer also seem to come much less out of left field so it feels more like proper character development. Overall an improvement. hopefully the ending manages to wrap things up properly

please don't do some bullshit "six months later" scene next where they're suddenly in a relationship and we skip all the interesting personal drama that goes into closing all the interesting plot threads and making the relationship actually seem reasonable
>>
>>29944192
>please don't do some bullshit "six months later" scene next where they're suddenly in a relationship and we skip all the interesting personal drama that goes into closing all the interesting plot threads and making the relationship actually seem reasonable

They'll get caught up in another story with its own trying times way before then. That being said, I was planning for a (small) timeskip between Ch.9 and Ch.10, before I kick that story off, and I'll do my best to heed your warning and avoid that trap while I write it.

I wonder if somewhere I've added a 'romance' genre tag unintended. They'll be 'in a relationship' but maybe not of the sort some people seem to expect
>>
File: naturalprogression.png (89KB, 1738x611px) Image search: [Google]
naturalprogression.png
89KB, 1738x611px
>>29944388
This type is the correct type.
bump
>>
>>29944425
>picture
I will neither confirm nor deny
>spoiler
We are beyond the great Three-Ten. You have no power here!
>>
>>29944593
But I said I'd throw it in here as a bump image and thus it shall be designated.
>>
>>29900186
that's some good shit right there, keep it up
>>
>>29944645
Thanks! It wont be kept up for much longer, but then it'll be kept up more in a different form. BSTF itself is almost done, but there's something coming after it.
>>
File: latias2.jpg (163KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
latias2.jpg
163KB, 500x333px
>>29944388

you keep posting these pictures of uncomfortably blushing latias, its hard not to think of it as being a reference to a romantic interest

hopefully she at least becomes friends enough with michael that she gets to mega evolve, then maybe she won't be such a lousy dragon type
>>
>>29945003
>you keep posting these pictures of uncomfortably blushing latias
I won't hold myself accountable to the whims of the fandom. I have a few of not-romantic-implication pics but I've been leaning on them a lot. One hard enough that 'pocky-paws' has become a recurring joke in one of my PM chains on FFN.

one part of that pic's content is relevant to the scene I'm currently writing, but not the blush
>>
Midnight melodrama and oh dear bump limit bump.
>>
>>29945173
we need to endure for like 6 more minutes
>>
>>29944960
yeah, i knew it would be over soon. I just hope the second one will be just as good (i have faith)
>>
Page Ten, hear my plea
Take this thread and all its tales
Stow them safely away
Away from all anon eyes
so they may know peace
>>
Do not despair for the wrong reason. New thread comes ashore
>>29945299
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.