[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Mass Effect General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: laughingfemturs.jpg (231KB, 1138x860px) Image search: [Google]
laughingfemturs.jpg
231KB, 1138x860px
Still nothing new on Andromeda edition

MEG's updated updated Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/g5bZUMz5

Thread Theme: Disappointed nomads in search of videogames

In this thread:
>Thanemancer's femtur slaver ring
>No Videogames
>Eddy segues into a racist rant about muslims
>More mediocre comics
>No videogames man, I'm serious

Previous thread: >>128186652
>>
File: Vader reks Reapers.png (309KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Vader reks Reapers.png
309KB, 1600x1200px
>>128456335
ROTJ battle. Star Destroyers were able to survive half an hour of ship to ship battle with Mon Calamari battlecruisers in the Battle of Endor before they started to lose shielding. If we assume roughly one Star Destroyer per Mon Calamari cruiser and ignore fighters (in spite of the fact that they were carrying thermonuclear weapons), we can estimate that a Star Destroyer can survive many thousands of shots before shield failure. In the opening scene of ANH a Star Destroyer is seen firing roughly 25 shots in 5 seconds, for a time-averaged refire rate of 5 shots per second. As discussed in the turbolaser page, each shot carries at least 1.5E15 joules of energy, and around 1E17 joules of energy if set to maximum power. If similar fire rates occured in the Endor battle (note that we are disregarding the heavy turbolasers which would increase the estimate by an order of magnitude), this means that the energy capacity of a Star Destroyer's shields is between 1.4E19 and 9E20 joules, so 1E20 joules (24,000 megatons) is a reasonable estimate.

The main gun on a Reaper capital ship dwarfs that of the Alliance's Everest-class dreadnoughts. No dreadnought has yet survived a direct hit from the weapon. Estimates put its destructive power anywhere from 132 to 454 kilotons of TNT.

That 454 kiloton converted to joules gives us 1.899536e+15 Joules of Energy

Let's round up to 1.9E+15

This data on the reaper cannon is from the codex btw

Now taking the Reaper energy amount and dividing it by the Imperial shield energy

Then times that answer by 100 to get the percentage of damage a reaper blast would cause to a imperial star destroyer

Is...

0.0019%
>>
Is this allowed? Isn't it against the rules to make more than one thread? That's why I didn't make a new one.
>>
File: help me vader.jpg (79KB, 588x442px) Image search: [Google]
help me vader.jpg
79KB, 588x442px
>>128456691
and to conclude.

A single shot from a medium turbolaser of a star destroyer has the destructive force of about 200 gigatons of TNT. A reaper ship was harmed by a Mass Effect dreadnought's main guns, which is about 45 kilotons of TNT.

Note that a gigaton = a billion tons and a kiloton = a thousand tons, so a gigaton = a million kilotons.

And those are the medium turbolasers. A heavy turbolaser has the destructive force in the teratons, and there are numerous amounts of these weapons on a star destroyer.

REAPERS BTFO
>>
>>128456335
>Eddy segues into a racist rant about muslims
He did?
>>
>>128456893
And yet one small shipping freighter managed to outmaneuver and escape THREE Star Destroyers while rushing them head-on.

>>128457118
No anon, that's in THIS thread.
>>
File: edi_and_miranda_2_by_xkalipso.jpg (288KB, 831x1071px) Image search: [Google]
edi_and_miranda_2_by_xkalipso.jpg
288KB, 831x1071px
BUTTS
>>
>>128457163
that because that one small shipping freighter was the mass effect equivilant of the entire galactic fleet
>>
>>128456691
>>128456893

This should be updated to include the Starshit Base.
>>
>>128457535
is there anything in mass effect that would even be a threat to warrant its use?
>>
>>128456038
>>
Is there a mass effect character stronger than Kai Leng?

And I’m referring to former systems alliance N7 Leng with the super diamond ninja sword and occular implants (with other attached cybernetics) equipped with his hand cannon and omniblade and wounded gunshot riddled legs, a completely oversized e’go, with David Anderson’s cereal implanted in his chest so he can perform get shot and die like a cunt attacks as well as being extremely skilled in sending taunting letters.
>>
>>128458907
yeah. Shepard.

DUH
>>
mother of god what a clusterfuck of threads, both OPs should be ashamed of themselves, especially if they're the same person. no collage, femturs, no thread theme, full autism cancer
>>
>>128459569
maybe you should make a new one :^)

http://strawpoll.me/6528611
>>
>>128459778
The femtur thread is basically the same thing as the fedora thread only it has an OP VAGUELY related to Mass Effect.

If somebody wants to make a collage thread be my guest but this is what we got
>>
>>128460874
1. No one likes femturs
2. The other thread is older and has more posts.
3. Putting single waifus in an OP is discouraged.
>>
>>128456783
Yes it is against the rules, especially since people are still posting in the other one.
>>
>>128461095
I don't really see a waifu there, just those monsters
>>
>>128461095
that's like if someone made a WW2 general thread with hitler as the OP and someone complained "but nobody likes hitler" and used one with a picture of a dish towel instead
>>
>>128461691
Except it's the other way around. I'm not trying to argue which thread is "better", we just need to pick a damn thread and stick to it
>>
>>128461958
I'm just sayin' the other threads OP has nothing to do with anything.
>>
File: Fallout4Armormod.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4Armormod.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>128462327
>grip that massive
>gun that front-heavy
>>
>>128462891
It's fallout 4, they give you literally no reason to use pistols because pistols and rifles are the same weapon with different mods.
>>
>>128462891
it's a laser gun, there wouldn't be any recoil, it doesn't matter how front heavy the gun is
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.