[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>Hatred removed from Greenlight without...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 51
>Hatred removed from Greenlight without warning while Gaben personally waived all of Steam's restrictions to get Gone Home on Steam.
>This year's sales have been boring and filled with shitty gimmicks that are made to manipulate morons into giving Steam more money.
>Valve ACTUALLY forgot Half Life's 10th anniversary and didn't bother to do anything.

Why do we like Steam and Valve again?
>>
Anyone with a brain doesn't
>>
File: 13912491296054.png (129 KB, 400x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
13912491296054.png
129 KB, 400x388
>bro finds CC and loads with a VPN full of dosh
>buys vidya and gifts me some
>I accept like the idiot I am
>tfw I'll soon lose a 10 year old account with over 200 games due to Credit Card felony
>>
>>275906780
>while Gaben personally waived all of Steam's restrictions to get Gone Home on Steam.
Is this true or is /v/ making up some bullshit again about mer swjs
>>
Please accept 50 Gaben Gems as our apology.
>>
>all these hatred thread
trolling you fags is more fun than the game will ever be
>>
>>275906780

Maybe Gabe is Gay?
>>
File: 5Tjm7EL.jpg (500 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5Tjm7EL.jpg
500 KB, 1920x2560
I fucking don't dude, hate how they run their service and have for awhile

only reason I'm still on steam is because all my friends are/for counterstrike
>>
>>275906780
STFU bitch go suck some dog dick while you're at it. Gabe is a saint on earth, and if it wasn't for him EA would reign over Vidya you faget
>>
>>275907992
Go eat another sandwich Gabe
>>
>>275907838
you sound llike a fucking bitch

>the only reason I use it is....

stfu, that the reason most people use it in the first place nigger
>>
this thread sucks
>>
File: whatchusaeyn.jpg (22 KB, 184x184) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
whatchusaeyn.jpg
22 KB, 184x184
like any of you faggots were gonna buy it, i remember you guys shitting on the game
>>
>>275908129
I haven't actually spent money there in years, is the point.

>>275908209
the game looks like garbage, it's the principle of the thing
>>
Gabe used to never shut the fuck up. He would have at least like one article about something he said per week or two, now I haven't heard from him in many many months.
>>
>>275907059
Your own fault dude
>>
>>275906780
> you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian
>>
>>275908209
It still looks like boring shit and I wouldn't play it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be released.
>>
>>275908253
>I haven't actually spent money there in years, is the point.

So you play CS with no skins? You really are a nigger
>>
>>275907059

if the card wasnt used on your card,why would you get shit.

stop being a paranoid pussy,holy fuck.
>>
>>275908418
Skins drop.
>>
Just wait a year, if valve doesnt deliver by then (shitty mod like games dont count), it will be an even heavier argument that valve is done for and I am pretty sure that valve wont do anything major within a year.

It will be like EA or activision.

To some of us who who went through other particular possibilities, we are already at that stage. Though we are a minority probably. The majority is that of non ancient fans who got burned. (newfags to gaming)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jczk-nF3gHA
>>
>>275908507
playing with .03c skins

nigger
>>
>tfw i dislike valve more than EA now
>>
File: 1412553350286.png (5 KB, 205x186) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412553350286.png
5 KB, 205x186
They're avoiding controversy, you fucking retards. You think they care if a bunch of limpdick sociopaths don't get to play their murder simulator on Steam? They've accepted games like that before because SJWs didn't give a shit back then. Now they do, and the amount of money they'll receive from putting the game on Steam pales in comparison to the amount of negative press they'll get if they put it on.

Try playing Smash T.V, faggots, a WAY more satisfying twin stick shooter than your edgy garbage will EVER be.
>>
>>275908732
hey man when your dragon lore makes you good at the game I'll be all over that
>>
>>275908803
who asked you faggot?
>>
>>275908818

Never give into the SJWs.
>>
>>275908818
>b-b-but muh freedom of speech
>>
>>275908818
SJWs dont play games though
>>
>>275908818
>They're avoiding controversy,

thats codeword for

>bending over for sjw's and doing censorship on their behalf.
>>
>>275908843
I'm LEM kid!

1v1 GET FUCKING REKT!!!
>>
File: i0WB4w1.png (352 KB, 675x374) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
i0WB4w1.png
352 KB, 675x374
>>275908818
>avoiding controversy
nice going there
>>
>>275908619

s been a long time since i've bought games on steam,still got over 150 games on it tho,so i still use it.

but i will propably only give shekkels to GOG in the future.
they got nice sales too.
>>
>>275908947
Come at me I'm actually getright's alt account :^^^^^)
>>
>>275908818
>twinstick

I remember you, German man.
>>
>>275908901
not in a private company dumbass
>>
>>275906780
He hasn't done anything wrong leave Gabe alone, there is nothing wrong with the events surrounding Hatred it was a valid excuse and the games dev is a Neo Nazi
>>
we don't but what choice do we have besides piracy?
>>
>>275908885
But giving into angry manchildren is okay? Fuck off. The only thing worse than a raving sjw is a raving ati-sjw
>>
>>275906780
They're just protecting themselves from controversy so they don't lose investors.

At the end of the day valve is just another Jew company, and I never understood why people liked them in the first place
>>
>>275909098
raving sjw detected
>>
>tfw nobody actually cares about this game
>they just want to push the controversy and buzz around it and create drama

valve nipped it quick, like moot shouldve done
>>
>>275908818
I played Smash TV in an arcade

It was fucking gay
>>
>>275906780
>Why do we like Steam and Valve again?

Where have you been ? There are endless threads complaining about Valve and steam.
>>
>>275908981
holy shit this could actually work, this is cleverly done anon.
>>
>>275908418
YOU DON'T SPEND REAL MONEY ON VIDYA PIXELS? FUCKING FAGGOTS I SWEAR
>>
>>275907059
At worst they will just remove the game.
>>
>>275909107
Valve isn't a publicly traded company, they don't have to worry about investors
>>
>>275909169
>If you aren't with me, you're against me!
How to spot the gamurgater. Back to 9-1chan with you
>>
>>275908981
Nothing's going to happen
>>
Anyone else going to join the Origin master race after this?
>>
>>275908818
>>275909107

If they were trying to avoid controversy they majorly fucked up, removing Hatred just made even more people mad. If they had just left it alone, it would have been forgotten about in a couple months. The SJW press wouldn't have cared, it'd be old news, their moral outrage is just clickbait.

Valve has never been good at PR, and this is just yet another example.
>>
>>275909347
I do my ak redline was 40 American US dollars anon, and you know what it was worth every penny
>>
>>275909107
Because at first they wasn't a jew company?
>>
>>275907150
If it is true, I don't see why Gone Home would have any reason to not be on steam.
>>
>>275908981
well worded tears are the most delicious
>>
>>275909431
>The only thing worse than a raving sjw is a raving ati-sjw

do you not realize the sheer irony of your post
>>
The Streisand effect never fails.
>>
>>275909550
>got gifted the game
>gifted a lot of skins, including a redline

I've made like 40 SteamEuroes from playing CS:GO across the years. Feels good. Have like 10 euros saved up for the Christmas sale from it too.
>>
>>275909098
Man children will at least but their games

Ex. Tf2, Dota
>>
>>275909528
no lol
>>
>>275909721
Alright it didn't go through the first time so I'll say it again.
>If you aren't with me, you're against me!
You're ALL stupid and need to find something better to do than viral a twin stick shooter.
>>
You know how these shitty as admins always have somekind of excuse as to why they remove it.

some bullshit technicality like the reddit "algorithm" removing certain subreddits that werent liked at the peak of gg.

I bet valve will also get some slimey excuse as to why they didnt actually pull it.

"nono, you see we are the good guys, we did it for technical reason #3455"

also in the same way when cops ticket too much or wrongfully in automated systems and go like "yes, taking money is very easy but returning it to you is a technical difficulty"
>>
>>275908818
>avoiding controversy

What the fuck do you think is happening right now you autistic fuck?
>>
>>275909550
my redline was $100 so I sold it and got more videogames. I like opening cases
>>
>>275908818
>They're avoiding controversy, you fucking retards.
Then why are we having this thread

>They're avoiding controversy, you fucking retards. You think they care if a bunch of limpdick sociopaths don't get to play their murder simulator on Steam?
But there already are those kinds of games on steam.

>Now they do, and the amount of money they'll receive from putting the game on Steam pales in comparison to the amount of negative press they'll get if they put it on.
Money > Negative Press
>>
>>275909535
>Removing Hatred just made even more people mad

No, it makes YOU retards mad. You are the ONLY PEOPLE who care about this shitty fucking game. What information has been posted about the game besides the initial trailer? What gameplay demos have been shown off? What the fuck do you know about it besides that it's a top down shooter and you kill waves of pixel people? It looks like absolute shit.
>>
>>275910194
Opening cases is a really bad way to get quality skins, you are better off buying them from the market.
>>
>>275910132
>"nono, you see we are the good guys, we did it for technical reason #3455"

It would be bullshit because there ARE broken games on steam. And this was just a fucking greenlight, no actual game was uploaded yet.
>>
>>275909550
>>275910194
Are we talking Stattrack here? Because my field tested is only worth like 7 bucks.
>>
>>275910328
>No, it makes YOU retards mad. You are the ONLY PEOPLE who care about this shitty fucking game.

We're not talking about the game, we're talking about Valve banning the game.
>>
>>275907150
total bullshit

sales aren't even on and OP is complaining about it too
>>
The game itself isn't important, what's important is what it did.
>>
>>275910448
They're a privately own company that has the right to decide what they do and do not want to sell. It isn't censorship. Its business.
>Local target doesn't sell booze
>therefore the local target is censoring booze
this is how dumb this whole shit is
>>
>>275910609
>making a terrible analogy
>>
>>275910448
You can still get your fix of shitty topdown shooting, you just can't buy it on Steam. And with the edgy fucking trailer and the way the developers viraled their shitty game all over the place for weeks, they deserve it.
>>
>>275907838
Hope there's no garlic in that.
>>
>>275910669
>making a terrible post
What makes it a bad analogy? Use your words and explain yourself like the adult I know you are
>>
>>275910054
You're applying this "you're with me, or you're against me" argument against others, yet you refuse to acknowledge you were doing the same in the first place and flip the fuck out when called out on it.

Now think about it for a while.
>>
>>275910669
>Local Gamestop doesn't sell Niggers Tongue My Anus: 9 Year Old Rape Stain Surprise
>Can be bought online from the developer directly
>Gamestop is somehow censoring the game

Is that a better analogy, fuckbelch?
>>
>>275910054
im not even the guy you were talking to, just pointing out the irony in what you just said. the only thing worse than a raving GGer is a raving anti-GGer
>>
>>275910795
Because steam still sells other types of games.
Your analogy is saying that they don't sell games at all.
>>
>>275910725

Other viraled games don't get banned off of steam.
Other violent games don't get banned off of steam.
Other shit games don't get banned off of steam.
Other broken games don't get banned off of steam.
Other scam games don't get banned off of steam.

Why was Hatred banned over everything else? This is what we're discussing.
>>
>>275910850
yes it's still censorship because i am retarded
read a dictionary, nigger
>>
>>275910609
>It isn't censorship. Its business.

I never said "censorship". I said banned. Learn how to read.
>>
>>275910994
because fuck hatred. The end. It doesn't even matter what it's about anymore, I just want you sperglords to shut up about it
>>
>>275910795
i guess ill explain it to the mentally retarded like you

ill adapt your analogy to make it fit the greenlight system and what happened

>target asks community to tell them and vote on what booze they should carry along with their other booze
>community votes on booze #3459 that has a little bit higher alcohol content
>target says "lol top kekkels, removed from voting, all of my sides" even though other boozes have that same alochol content
>>
>>275910362
well these companies who censor stuff because they have the banhammer are basically like this.

They wont discuss the actual reasoning, the only tool that they use is violence (in this case violence on freedom of speech). I have seen too many in places of authority who do this and valve is not exempt from this, at the very least I managed to bail on them before they could do it to me or my expectations so that its no longer a surprise.

Gabe and his goons are scumbags.
>>
>>275909074

>the games dev is a Neo Nazi

Why does the dev's political ideology has to do with the release of the game?
>>
File: 1328312057950.jpg (271 KB, 915x559) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1328312057950.jpg
271 KB, 915x559
>>275910609
They dominate the market by a fucking country mile, you can say Valve has monopoly. And if a game from a small studios doesn't get released on Steam it may as well be considered as a commercial failure. Seems awfully like censorship to me.
>>
>>275910795
It's a bad analogy because Steam didn't axe all violent/edgy/controversial/whatever games, only one
Your analogy should become "local target sells all the booze except brand X for an unexplained reason"
>>
>>275910952
They're free to not sell it simply because they don't like it. Its dumb, but that's reality. Face it.
What can you do about it? Well you can bitch and moan on an anonymous imageboard. Surely that'll win everybody over.
>>
>>275911104
>because fuck hatred. The end.

That's not an answer. Why was Hatred banned?
>>
>>275911105
>piss off a few people who want the beer
>piss of a LOT of people who don't want the beer
do you even business?
>>
File: test.png (452 KB, 975x330) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
test.png
452 KB, 975x330
>ABLOOBLOOBLOO
It's not the first game that isn't on Steam and it won't be the last.
It's not like Steam represents all of PC gaming.
>>
>>275908981
Oh fuck, I forgot how based Eu can be at times.
>>
>>275906780
we don't i think it's hilarious how moralfag like to suck his tiny ass pipi and swallow his semen
>>
>>275911219
sjws
are you blind?
>>
>>275911227
>implying they wouldnt still be buying beer because where else would they go?
>>
>>275911105
haha, see violence>>275911105

you are so much like the guys that you worship.
>>
>>275910994
Because it's not worth the controversy. They'll look like "MUH CENSORSHIP EVIL CORPORATION" to people here (AKA, fucking nobodies who spend all their time on one website most people will never see, creating dozens of threads that 404 instantly and don't fucking matter at all), or they can look good to the general public.
>>
>>275911227
if that were the case the yes votes wouldn't have exceeded highly the no votes
>>
>>275911209
Yes, because companies have never made decisions based on consumer opinion.
>>
>>275911325
to Origin

L-OH-L
>>
>>275911440
origin only sells ea games moron

i see you are new to video games mr. sjw
>>
>>275906780
>waived all of Steam's restrictions to get Gone Home on Steam.
never played it, what do you mean, was there people fucking in it or something?
>>
>>275911502
and steam only sells games that aren't Hatred.

So it works out, let them 'censor' what they want
>>
>>275911171
Because its proof he's a bad man and they want everyone to know he is mean and hateful and doesn't deserve any money.
>>
>>275911385
The yes votes exceeded the no votes on that Airplane Simulator thing. That doesn't mean that 95 percent of people didn't want that piece of shit on the board.

Protip; nobody clicks no on Greenlight because nobody uses Greenlight except for Devs begging people to go to greenlight and vote them up.
>>
>>275911557
>having no argument
>>
>Aussie target stops selling GTA
>maybe 2 or 3 threads

>Steam won't sell Hatred
>nonstop shitposting for the week

So this... is the power...of marketing....
>>
>>275911502
you mean origin bans and censors non ea games

where's your bitchy threads you double standard wielding double faggot
>>
>>275911376

Should they ban GTA too, if "public controversy" matters more than people who actually buy products from their store? And they still never mentioned the actual reason, so you're just guessing. Show me the proof.

>(AKA, fucking nobodies who spend all their time on one website most people will never see, creating dozens of threads that 404 instantly and don't fucking matter at all)

Do you think you matter?
>>
>>275911290
only more than 70% of it
>>
>>275911640
No one is ever surprised when it comes to Australia or the UK.
>>
>>275908981
>>275909296
>>275911292
Greenlight != Steamworks
Valve is not violating any European law with Greenlight and whichever action they take in it can not be touched by the EU.
But if they do, god bless, it's more and more probable that UPlay and Origin may just stop working within the EU borders
>>
>>275911665
do you even know what a monopoly is?
>>
This is great.

More people will realize SJWs are fucking insane.
>>
>>275911376
>>275908818
Could you adopt a tripcode and name, so I can call you out, by name, when GTA V is about to come out on PC, and it's pulled from steam because of SJW bitching?
>>
>>275911640

An aussie store is far less important than steam, and far less surprising. And was far less relevant to an internet board.
>>
>>275911665
they didnt ask for or try to sell any games other than their own. thats like complaining that the apple store doesnt sell alienwares
>>
>>275911747
why is the concept of monopoly so hard for people like you? valve is one.
>>
>>275906780
Oh hi Destructive Creations Product Mana-... I mean, OP. So sad you-... I mean "the" game Hatredâ„¢ didn't get the green light to be on greenlight. So sad ;^)
>>
Polygon will start a campaign and petition to get the game banned off of Steam when it finally comes to PC.
>>
File: 1414312939110.jpg (28 KB, 328x248) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414312939110.jpg
28 KB, 328x248
>>275911802
>/v/
>relevancy to vidya
Anon I'm in stitches, keep going
>>
>>275911829
right, because apple banned alienwares from being sold in their store
>>
>>275911802
And then are a few more retailers than people can buy GTA V from. Steam is the largest PC digital retailer and game launcher, so not having a game is a big deal, especially when you consider the amount of shit they let through, AND the hypocritical nature of this decision.
>>
>Hatred
>Game

Pick one
>>
>>275911385
No you idiots valve didn't remove it because of SJW crying, they removed it because of the rape parts
>>
why are there so many fuckign threads about hatred being taken off of greenlight

if you really want to buy the shitty game do so and add it to your steam library, it isnt hard
>>
>>275911997
It's not a game, it's a murder simulator.
>>
>>275911968
it was never a ban if was never an option in the first place

i know you are trying to troll but come on, at least put some effort into it.

i remember when trolling wasnt just half-assing it
>>
>>275911997
>Hatred
>good

Pick one. There's a reason twin stick shooters have been resigned to phone games. Its because They're shit
>>
File: ridge_racer_post.jpg (127 KB, 600x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ridge_racer_post.jpg
127 KB, 600x300
>>275911523
no, seriously, tell me, did I miss tits in Gone Home?
>>
>>275912025
That's in there? Source please
>>
>>275911626
>>275911626
Yeah, except it took 5-6 months of emails + a cease and decist for copyright infringement from Delta Airlines for Air Control to be taken down. Does not compare to Hatred in anyway. If anything, it just shows how broken the greenlight system is and obviously they care nothing about it.
>>
>>275909074
>dev is a neonazi
Lol nice ad hominen. Attack the dev as an excuse to ban the game.
>>
>>275912070
>i remember when trolling wasnt just half-assing it
no you don't.

so wait, by saying the option is there it FORBIDS valve from saying 'nah fuck this game' and pulling it from their lineup.

That's a pretty fucked up infringement on their freedom as a private business, anon.
>>
>>275909074
>>275911171
Oh yeah... that...
The source for that is a SJW tumblr...
http://fucknovideogames.tumblr.com/post/100204212288/hatred-is-a-genocide-simulator-developed-by
>>
>>275909098
>manchildren
Not wanting constant censorship and political correctness makes us manchildren? Nice argument bro
>>
Shouldn't Phil Fish games be banned when he threatened to mass murder people by burning down a building?
>>
>>275912236
Why do you browse sjw tumblr pages? Maybe you should stay there buddy
>>
>>275908209
>missing the point
>>
>>275912165
Not a neo nazi though. Do your research.
>>
>>275912236
>http://fucknovideogames

Ahahaha people were saying he must be a satire because he was too crazy
>>
>>275912205
are you even trying? changing the subject after getting BTFO yet again?

i never said they couldnt do it. they are shitty for asking the community what they want, then arbitrarily removing something, then committing a pr gaffe of not having a legitimate reason for shitting on their customer base
>>
Okay, so Hatred was removed for being offensive. When will Steam get rid of the scams and unfinished crap on Greenlight?
>>
>>275909431
Wow.
>if you arent sjw, you are a manchild!
>if your not with me, your against me!
Nice job falling into your insult faggotron. Kill yourself and livestream pl0x
>>
>>275912450
>i never said they couldnt do it. they are shitty for asking the community what they want, then arbitrarily removing something, then committing a pr gaffe of not having a legitimate reason for shitting on their customer base
so your point is 'waaaah'

ok
>>
>>275906780
>Why do we like Steam and Valve again?
We don't.
4chan has a vocal minority of Valvedrones.
>>
>>275912549
>having no argument
BTFO #3
>>
>>275912450
>shitting on their customer base
The only people who care about this are here. They aren't shitting on anybody but your incredibly small minority. Nobody even heard of this shitty game until it was viraled for days on end here, and now its back again.
>>
>>275912353
I don't browse tumblr.
I just wanted to know where all those Nazi accusation were coming from.
>>
>>275912494
Those are OK since they don't offend anyone.
>>
>>275912641
they shit on the democracy they tried to create using greenlight by arbitrarily removing what the users decided they want without justifable reasoning
>>
>People still getting this mad over Greenlight
>MUH CENSORSHIP

You know what? Fuck you. Call the EU, i don't give a fuck.
>>
>>275908428

Because in that case you could get around the system by gifting your main account games from dummy secondary accounts.
>>
>>275912623
my argument is they can do as they please and turn down anyone they want for any reason they choose.

your argument is 'waah'

I'll take those BTFO's and watch you respond with another flimsy argument based on how things 'ought' to be
>>
>Hatred removed from greenlight
>articled posted on blog sites
>huge shitstorm

>Updog removed from green light
>dev got steam banned
>no articles
>no shitstorm on /v/

Idiots
>>
File: HcT37.png (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HcT37.png
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>275912758
Greenlight is shit. More news at 11.
>>
>>275912797
>Call the EU
The concept of the EU being overworld police is making me giggle like a fucking schoolgirl.
>>
File: 1316598058292.gif (492 KB, 460x345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1316598058292.gif
492 KB, 460x345
This is just the first step of the downfall of Steam. First they ban hardcore edgy games, then mildly hardcore games.This will continue until they have lost all sense of direction and leadership. After that nobody will believe in the long lost integrity of valve. They will try to rescue the ship but all they can do is abandon it.Gaben dies.. And all because they made a stand on a socially unacceptable game. Now they will be pressured into "You banned hatred. Why don't you ban GTA?" They are probably already infiltrated by SJW that spout their nonsensical morale issues everywhere guilting our based distributors.
>>
>>275912494
If Air Control is anything to go by, the broken product has to become a viral hit causing thousands of emails to flood their inboxes before they do anything. Even that might not be enough tho. Throw in a lawsuit from 3 different people & I guess they'll take it down in half a year.
>>
>>275912862

What's Upbroduski?
>>
>>275912857
>endorsing poor business practice and treating your customer base poorly
i have found the valve apologist
>>
>>275912862
Pssst....
It's because the former has the devs viraling on /v/ while the later doesn't
>>
>>275912862
Wasn't that the guy who threatened to kill gabe?
>>
>>275913125
Fucking this shit right here. How fucking empty does you game have to be that it needs to be marketed on fucking 4chan of all places nonstop.
Then it dissipated and was forgotten about entirely save for the occasional "What was his name again?" funposting.
Now its back again, and it'll be forgotten about in a week tops.
I know you're reading this you filthy polacks, so here's a tip. The best marketing is making a good fucking game.
>>
File: 1347158710165.jpg (21 KB, 405x373) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1347158710165.jpg
21 KB, 405x373
>>275913101
>no argument
>>
>Valve be the only publisher for the first ever mass shooting simulator
>mass media get a whole of this
>journalists do research and find out that a portion of gamers who are used to violent video games thought this game crossed the line
>entire America bombard the shit out of Gabe

This probably will happen if this get published on steam and you know it.
>>
File: 1387516014112.jpg (12 KB, 296x296) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387516014112.jpg
12 KB, 296x296
>shill to force controversy for attention
>revel in this attention
>think you're on top of the world
>put your game on steam, get really popular because you forced controversy for attention
>because of the controversy, valve takes the game down
>AYY WHY THIS HAPPENED
>>
Gabe was born in a capitalist society and he is just doing what he can.
He made it possible for me to play counter strike for no cost to me for a long long time so I don't mind throwing him some cash now and then, he gives you so many chances to make it back too. I made 20 dollars in gaben sheckels yeasterday and bought my GF's kid a game on his wishlist. when you get older and have produced things you learn to see the value in what other people have built and appreciate them for it.
>>
>>275913354
how can i have an argument against someone without one besides "they can do what they want"

and i never said they couldnt do this, i said they were shitty to do it. my apologies for your illiteracy

BTFO #4
>>
File: 1403622556407.png (141 KB, 256x256) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403622556407.png
141 KB, 256x256
>>275913445
its poetry, isn't it?
>>
>>275913445
getting removed from greenlight was part of their plan
>>
>>275913380
>This probably will happen if this get published on steam and you know it.

Postal is already on steam. GTAV will be on steam.
>>
>>275913445
>>AYY WHY THIS HAPPENED

More like WHAT ABOUT PORTAL!!!! MANHUNT!!!
>>
>>275913587
probably, no one who voted the game up was going to buy the game anyways, i know i only voted it up for the shitstorm
>>
File: 1396293188456.jpg (113 KB, 635x650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396293188456.jpg
113 KB, 635x650
>>275911523
No really you fucking quintuple-niggers, did they fuck in Gone Home?
>>
>>275913445
>because of the controversy, valve takes the game down

But that hasn't taken other games down. Not even War Z was fucking banned outright, just got it's name changed.
>>
>>275910328
Its not the game itself we're mad about. Hatred looked like a mediocre game at best. The point is: Videogames have mostly been an unrestricted and boundry pushing platform, with the growing popularity of vidya however we get all kinds of "politically correct" games with a deep plot and moral. Thats well and good, the problem is people (especially the media and govt) constantly try to censor and control this lawless industry (the internet is similar) because unlike the news or public broadcasting they have some control over what is "ok to say" and what isnt. Most devs have forgotten that most games originated as surface level entertainment thats easy to distinguish from real life. Due to vidya's popularity, so many people from all walks of life can play, and small minorities keep calling for the rest of the industry to bend over backwards to satisfy them, which is only made worse when progressive news outlets blow up the cause and make it worse than it is. It should be an industry where people should be able to make and publish whatever they want, no matter how deep or surface level, boring or good, racist or progressive. Thats what it should be about, not about forcing an industry to bend over backwards for them. They should go into the industry and play ball against other devs and make games they feel are right. Not point the finger and have things removed because it hurts their feelings. The game industry has always had a rebellious nature but at this rate we're going towards the way of a public broadcasting network. Boring, shallow, too scared to take risks and step on toes.
>>
>>275913728
it was taken down for a little because it was false advertising
>>
>>275913704
>fell for the clickbait
Thanks for the posts, sucker.
>>
>>275913353
4chan isnt that madhouse it used to be anymore. for example neo/v/, where everything is catering to the masses. every thread is samefagging marketers trolling. It's a "cool kid" house where every cool kid is trying to be a cool kid by repeating what other cool kids are doing, just because the initial cool kid did something and left after everyone kept repeating everything cool kid said. It's simple
>>
>>275910609
Valve owns most the the video game market, they should therefore work like s public library and have the widest selection of videogames for EVERYONE. When you walk into a library to find a book on history, do you get mad that theres a book written by Hitler in the same library? No, because someone out there could read it. It doesent matter if it offends you, the resource deserves to be out there for anyone that wants to use it.
>>
>>275910609
Also target doesent target an alcohol drinking audience, valve targets and owns the majority of online game sales worldwide. They should be be open to have games from all outlets for everyone.
>>
>>275907059
Nah you should just lose the game I stole some steam game before and gave it to my friend, lost my account but he only lost the game.
>>
File: 1341465799386.jpg (15 KB, 197x197) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1341465799386.jpg
15 KB, 197x197
>>275913478
>turn your own bullshit against you
>get mad
Yes, tell me more sweet nothings of how buttflustered you are
>>
>>275913730
durr hurr, we are seeing more tits and sex than ever. Mortal kombat is can get away with all their gore.

This game is literally a mass shooting simulator. Don't expect to make a 9/11 simulator or shit like that and get away with it.
>>
>>275913994

I think that's stupid, they're a private company with far too much power, but they're still a private company. But they should be consistent in their rules, this shit makes no sense.
>>
Post yfw you realized Half-Life 3 will most likely be pushing feminist agenda and feature microtransaction with a tagged on multiplayer.
Pic related, mfw
>>
>>275911104
Fuck you. We'll make sure to remake this thread everytime it dies now. Just to make you mad
>>
File: 1370493538100.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1370493538100.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
>nintendo doesn't allow BoI on their store, the only way to sell it on WiiU
>no one cares

>valve doesn't allowed hatred on their store, still can sell it on PC
>MUH CENSORSHIP
>>
>>275909026
Gtr's alt is silv 1
>>
>>275914131
>greentext things that never happened
>basically a "umad"
>took 7 minutes to come up with that
BTFO #5
>>
File: 1338540806326.jpg (107 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1338540806326.jpg
107 KB, 400x400
>>275913814
> clickbait
> for a 4chan thread
>>
I have a theory that valve was internally overtaken by THE CAEK IS AL IE x-DD faggots from Digipen who never even played half-life and only went there because le portal.
That's the only way I can exlain how shit they've become recently.
>>
>censorship
>bad
>>>/pol/
>>
Literally who
>>
>>275914268
Just ignore the furfag shitposter. He is only doing this for attention.
>>
>tfw someone is going to walk into Valve's office one day and discover all the staff have been dead or fired for over a year having been replaced by three large supercomputers
>>
>anthony burch's sister starts working at valve
>digipen liberals start flooding to valve
>company turns into shit
>turtlerock splits
Whoa... so this .... is the power of american academia
>>
>>275906780
Don't forget Depression Quest failed greenlight miserably but still got pushed through.

Gabe has and always will be a SJW bitch.
>>
>>275911227
Valve literally dominates the market. Nobody is going to stop using Steam because Hatred is on it. If they do that fucking sucks for them because now they will be choosing to limit themselves in the market. So maybe they just need to get over themselves then?
>>
File: AEZfbuy.png (57 KB, 898x411) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AEZfbuy.png
57 KB, 898x411
>>
File: 1400193153553.gif (575 KB, 512x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400193153553.gif
575 KB, 512x384
>/pol/ thinks Valve made an exception and thier babby-tier murder sim was the first game to get removed from Greenlight

They've removed games for far less than Hatred. They don't have a hate boner because the devs are neo-nazis they just have standards (and the last word) for what goes on thier store which it doesn't meet for whatever arbitrary reasons they provide.
>>
>Valve ACTUALLY forgot Half Life's 10th anniversary and didn't bother to do anything.

Are you fucking serious
>>
>>275914353
i know, but i like blowing trolls the fuck out. i guess ill go play a hitman game and garrote some civilians
>>
>>275914281
dont forget the bronies

gabe is just a fat autist who struck gold thanks to luck.
>>
>>275914231
Nintendo are at east consistent with their eshop policies.

This was just someone at valve deciding that this is over the line, while shit like postal is just fine.

And they did it on the greenlight platform. The thing that valve made specifically so that they didn't have to curate - So that users could decide if they wanted somthing to be sold on steam or not
>>
>>275908818
>Try playing Smash T.V, faggots, a WAY more satisfying twin stick shooter than your edgy garbage will EVER be.
Then smash TV was banned too and you're a faggot
>>
>shitty game not on steam

nothing was lost
>>
>>275914432
no surprise here
>>
>>275914442
>they just have standards
gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8.8/8.8. i will now masterb8
>>
>>275914432
>Criminal Girls on par with two rape games and a mass shooting game

what the fuck
>>
>>275914446
Burch's sister works there now together with a bunch of liberal digipen faggots.
I think most of the people working at valve probably don't even know of half-life or haven't played it.
It's all LE CAEK IS A LIE x-D faggotry now
>>
>>275914442
>but muh technical reasons

here we go again with the rehearsed bullshit from authority.
>>
>>275912236
Wow. Fuck tumblr and everyone on it.
>>
>>275914454
>blowing trolls out
>by answering
you're in for a world of hurt, son.
>>
File: 1290182520842.jpg (18 KB, 204x182) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1290182520842.jpg
18 KB, 204x182
>>275906780

>mfw you'll NEVER EVER convince anyone that GabeN isn't based as fuck.

EA shills please go.
>>
>>275914635
Welcome to the slippery slope.
You didn't defend the mass shooting game and next thing you know they came for your moe
>>
>>275914432

>toxic

There's that word again.
>>
>>275914442
>thier
>>
File: Bravo.jpg (35 KB, 580x331) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bravo.jpg
35 KB, 580x331
>>275914606
Look at those mad pollack tears.
>>
>>275914442
>They've removed games for far less than Hatred.
Never within a day

> the devs are neo-nazis
Lies by tumblr
>>
File: neofag1.jpg (175 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
neofag1.jpg
175 KB, 1366x768
>>275914432

They're not even allowed to talk about Steam banning it. This is hilarious
>>
>>275914127
>he only lost the game
Just like me right now XD
>>
>>275912549
not its not. Maybe get your head checked? If you are offered to vote for 2 different people and everyone votes for one guy, but they say "fuck it" and dont let him win. People have the right to be mad. Hang yourself
>>
>>275914635
Gotta beware of "toxic" ideas. You know, like, all of them.
>>
>>275914335
Top quality bait, friend.
>>
>>275914846
where are those standards when it comes to all the broken shovelware?
>>
File: sjstormtrooper.png (20 KB, 490x245) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sjstormtrooper.png
20 KB, 490x245
>>275915060

Mindkill yourself.
>>
>>275914432
Are they mad about not being able to talk about specific video games as arbitrarily decided by the mods?
>>
>>275912758
This
>>
>>275915135

It's fucking neogaf you moron, they all internalize it and say "Yes I should not think about these games...these games are bad...these games are toxic...thank you mods for protecting me!"

And the people who get mad are banned
>>
>>275915058
Isn't losing the game now such an old fad that it's gone full circle and the only people who would use it are oldfags?
>>
>a shitty game made by a third rated eurotrashes devs that won't even sell very well
>Valve want to avoid the potential media shit storm when the likes of fox news find out about this game.
>decide not to sell it

It is not that hard to realize why they won't publish this shitty game. Deal with it you stupid manbabbies
>>
>>275914805

Toxic is right. It is better than fucking brain dead /v/irgins saying critical thinking.
>>
>>275915313

Fox News? No, it will be liberal press as well. Polygon has already spoken out against games with violence, for instance.
>>
File: Christopher Bald.jpg (51 KB, 594x404) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Christopher Bald.jpg
51 KB, 594x404
>>275915129
So, you're admitting Hatred is at the same tier/worse than broken shovelware? Good going there shill.
>>
>>275915506

Broken shovelware is not banned off of steam, though.
>>
>>275914167
It still deserves to be published, it passed the greenlight system. It proves there was attention given to it, if you dont like it dont play it. That simple. Your one opinion should outvoice all those people that clearly voted yes on it.
>>
>>275915313
I'm gonna pull out Air Control again and say, considering how well that sold when it became a viral hit, I'd say hatred would sell pretty well considering it was already a viral hit. Also, no copyright legal downside, unlike Air Control.
>>
>>275915313
>a shitty game made by third rated indie SJW trash that won't even sell very well
>Valve wanted the potential media shit storm when the likes of Kotaku and Polygon find out about "harrassment" of this game
>decide to sell it

It is not that hard to realize why they will publish Depression Quest. Deal with it.
>>
>>275914184
In that case you better start removing postal, manhunt, gta, etc. you want a future run by the Political Correctness police?
>>
File: 1285619553123.jpg (6 KB, 166x231) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1285619553123.jpg
6 KB, 166x231
What it boils down to is Valve and Steam is in the position Diamond Comics Distributors were in with the Comics Code. Did the code technically make it illegal to print violent, drug, zombie content? No. You could still make magazines or run without the stamp. But if you did, Diamond wouldn't carry you. And if Diamond didn't carry you, you weren't going to reach the market. And if you couldn't reach the market, you couldn't sell.


>We're not gonna take away your games!
>We're just gonna make your games be financially impossible to make!

Thanks SJWs
>>
>>275915620

Oh how many people voted again?

>less than 14k

L-E-L. They can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>275915582
It should be. Which is why Valve have been cleaning house lately.
>>
>>275913994
>if private companies are big enough, they have a responsibility to the public

They should work like a company that wants to make a profit, and this is the best way to do it. Argue with the people that will be upset with it on Steam, don't argue with Valve itself.
>>
>>275915821
People don't understand that censorship can take many forms, be it government mandated, or using social media to discredit individuals making challenging content so they'll never get work again.
>>
What happened here:

Polish devs, whatever their name is, marketed their game aggressively, playing on controversy.

Media took the bait and shilled against them. Valve decided that in light of potential bad press coverage, a controversial, but small indie game isn't worth risking bad press that could damage their brand. Since their job is to make money, for which they need a clear brand, that's a sensible move. A damaged brand costs in the long run far more than the sales of one small title would bring in.

Hence, they pulled the game soon after it was submitted. Now people seem to be under the impression that Valve ever had anything but making money in mind, and call censorship, instead of complaining about those that caused it in the first press (the media, using their publishing power) or organizing a counter campaign (to negate the power of the media, put them in their place and signal Valve that their userbase is more dangerous to their brand and income than the media).

In short,
>WAAAAHHHHH Valve wants to make money instead of cater to us let's blame them for being a corporation
>>
Valve is fucked.

There are no more good mods for them to buy up and rape with DLC.

All the good mods have already been bought by Valve or already made their own spinoff or attempts at it.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>275915939
I'd take 14K votes over your one sorry ass any day. Thats Democracy at work.
>>
>>275915939
That was in the 2 (1?) day before Valve took them off, you piece of shit
>>
>>275910231
It's only controversial if you're a man child.
>>
>Valve ACTUALLY forgot Half Life's 10th anniversary and didn't bother to do anything.

Half-Life's 10th anniversary was in 2008, you retard.
>>
>>275915719

They already published depression quest and it is free you fucking brain dead gaymergayt faggot.
>>
>>275915939
That was in 2 fucking hours.

It was overwhelmingly positive.
>>
>>275916335

This guy is so autistic he doesnt realize what OP mean.
>>
>>275916116
valve is actually helping them, if they just ignored it and let it pass nobody would even give a shit about valve since its considered to be just a digital distribution platform.

by making a stand against this game it just gets in the news more.

so yea, the developers won the lottery twice, they exploited the barbra streisand effect.
>>
>>275913730
>hur durr censorship
Valve is a corporation they can do whatever they want, it's their service
>>
>>275916353
Lol 10 buck cucks call others brain-dead. The logic is impossibly sound.
>>
>>275914212
>tagged on
Autism should practice its vocab a little more posting
>>
>>275908818
One of Steam's most popular games: Counter Strike, literally has you playing as a terrorist and performing acts of terrorism.
>>
Has anyone in this thread even played Hatred?
>>
>>275916753
But no media is shilling against that.
There is no controversy around it. It just is.
>>
>>275916483
Censorship doesn't have to be by the government, retard.

Ever hear of a little thing called "Comics Code Authority"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority

Neat little thing.
Basically throttled an artform for about 30 years.
>>
>>275916773

I have. I am from the future. It's prety good.

Or wait. Am I from the past? I played Postal. So I know Hatred will be pretty good.
>>
>>275914280
You clicked, you posted.
>>
>>275916880
that's funny, I played Postal, so I know Hatred will be another bland twinstick shooter.
>>
>>275917025

That is funny. Good joke.
>>
>>275913730
Video games have been becoming boring and shallow due to the attractiveness of the casual market, not because developers feel artistically censored from making games that explore themes they're interested in.

As for Hatred, it doesn't help that the developers seemed to go out of their way to make the game as unmarketable as possible for the sake of a shitty gimmick. A company isn't obligated to sell whatever entertainment/art a developer throws at them, regardless of its content or quality. That's limiting Valve's freedom to operate as a company.
>>
>>275916485

Can someone tell me what this fucking gaymergayt faggot is talking about?
>>
>>275916870
My point still stands. Nice try moving the goal posts. What else should I expect from 4chan.
>>
File: PL-Book_Burner.jpg (212 KB, 1024x658) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PL-Book_Burner.jpg
212 KB, 1024x658
>>275906780
>>275906780
>>275906780
>>275906780
>>
>>275917178

You have to have studied faggots in a university for several years before deciphering something like that.

I'm sure many people in this thread can translate it for you.
>>
>>275917262
He just doesn't want to see vidya getting the same treatment.

Let's hope all this hatred noise brings more attention to the fact that valve holds a severely oversized proportion of the digital distribution market. That kind of IS a problem when they start throwing their weight around.
>>
>>275917309

Thank you Gabe for ridding the world of this trash.
>>
File: Hatred.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hatred.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>275906780

Share this if you care about it. Ignore it if you don't.

https://www.change.org/p/gabe-newell-managing-director-of-valve-bring-the-entry-hatred-back-to-steam-greenlight

> In October of 2006, the developers of the video games Braid, flOw, Once Upon A Time, Toblo, Everyday Shooter, and Book and Volume withdrew from the Guerilla Gamemaker Competition in protest of what they viewed as unwarranted censorship. The Competition had forcibly banned the entry "Super Columbine Massacre RPG" despite its selection as a finalist. It was a decision that Jonathan Blow, Jenova Chen, and other notable developers couldn't accept as a matter of principle. Among several reasons he had to defend the work's inclusion, Jonathan Blow stated that "[Super Columbine Massacre] does push the boundaries of what games are about. It is composed with more of an eye toward art than most games."
>>
File: osainternet.jpg (52 KB, 550x550) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
osainternet.jpg
52 KB, 550x550
>>275917262
No, your point doesn't stand. It actually fell quite easily.

See, I'll explain it in a way your measly SJW brain might understand:
Just because they CAN do it, doesn't mean they SHOULD.
Other private corporations with large power went the same road as they did long ago, and it ended up as a fucking major disaster for an entire medium.
This is why it's bad! Now do you understand?
>>
>>275916617
I'm so sorry that I'm not a native speaker, but sure,
go ahead and nitpick a spelling mistake out of a clearly understandable post instead of acually bringing up arguments.
And next time you try to correct someone, make sure you're not missing any words.
>>
>>275916246
Adhominem
>>
>>275906780
Steam is a great platform, that's about all Valve is good for these days.

I don't care about shitty games like Gone Home, Hatred or Half-life.
>>
>>275917545
So, you want Valve to stock all games, no matter how bad the press, or how shitty the game?

You are aware that this would damage Valve quite a bit, right? And that, as a corporation, they have a duty to make the most money they can, right?
>>
>>275916335
HL2
>>
>>275917687
Don't even try man, these edgelords are going to cry censorship and try to say that Valve wouldn't get any criticism at all.

Hating Valve is the new thing on /v/.
>>
>>275916483
It is censorship. Theres nothing "hurr durr" about it my retarded friend.
>>
>>275906780
>Why do we like Steam and Valve again?

Because nobody fucking cares about the gem gimmicks, and nobody fucking cares about Hatred

I sold cards and shitty TF2 items to earn two full price games for free. Suck my dick
>>
File: schrier1.png (607 KB, 1917x1426) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
schrier1.png
607 KB, 1917x1426
>>275917687
>You are aware that this would damage Valve quite a bit, right?

Nice baseless claim you have there.

And on top of that, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Do try to catch up.

Remember Dragon's Crown? The ridiculous Schrier fiasco only caused it to sell far more to anybody expected.
>>
>>275917940
A private company choosing not to carry a product isn't censorship you dumb fuck
>>
>>275917149
Casuals are the people that call for censorship and are the people all companies are pandering too though. Appealing to casuals is what killed the industry
>>
>>275917820
tip top lel
>>275917687
>So, you want Valve to stock all games, no matter how bad the press, or how shitty the game?
but this is what they are doing, look at bad rats, that gender bending game, all those IOs game that made it in greenlight, also let's not forgot the gay space shit i forgot the name.

if they allow such games why not this one ? i just because the media threw an hissy fit about it, they did the same with postal 2 and 1, now both of them passed greenlight and are available on steam.
>>
>>275918069
>Censor
>An official who examines books, plays, news reports, motion pictures, radio and television programs, letters, cablegrams, etc., for the purpose of suppressing parts deemed objectionable on moral, political, military, or other grounds.
>>
>>275917262
Its not moving goalposts. We dont want the same shit thats affected every medium previous to us to affect vidya.
>>
>>275918069
If you say so.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority

"Members submitted comics to the CCA, which screened them for adherence to its Code, then authorized the use of their seal on the cover if the book was found to be in compliance. At the height of its influence, it was a de facto censor for the U.S. comic book industry."
>>
>>275918001
>And on top of that, there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Oh yes, there is. Once it no longer makes you more well-known, there damn well is.
>>
>>275918001
>implying it wouldn't damage Valve

Hurr durf baseless claim alert

Keep trying, contrarian.
>>
>>275918069
when a company gets a large market share and starts to use its services to affect the lives of people, it is considered to be bad.

There are companies who sell at a loss just to drive other companies away, this is illegal.

Censoring stuff on this monopoly service is also considered to be bad.

if valve didnt have such a large market share it wouldnt have mattered.
>>
>>275917447
"Many of us may not support Hatred. We support our right to choose or refuse it. That matters more."
>>
>>275918326
>Steam
>Monopoly

LOL. You kids are hilarious.
>>
>>275917687
Valve already does that, making the exception toward Hatred only strenghens the fact that this was pandering to avoid the SJW hordes
>>
>>275906780
because i want to openly love boring hallway shooters and p2w multiplayer dance simulators without looking like a casual
>>
>>275918568
>no matter how bad the press
There you go.
>>
>>275918456
>expect retards on \v/ to actually understand the terms they shoot out their ass
>2014
>>
>>275918069
It is when you have a worldwide monopoly for your certain platform. If Target decides not to stock a game, I can go elswhere. Not the case here.
>>
When did SJWs infect /v/?

Did they have sleeper cells all this time?

Is this some kind of a coordinated raid?

These people are genuinely okay with having the Comics Code Authority happen all over again.

Why is this happening?
How?
And do these people feel no remorse?
>>
>>275918750
Bill Burr knows of the SJW threat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhZ2XS08aQ
>>
>>275918456
more than half of the digital distribution is owned by valve and these are the mild and proven estimates.

Range lies somewhere in 70% in realistic estimates.

And at these ranges economists already consider monopoly status.
>>
>>275918001
>ehh no you shouldn't say whatever you want on twitter because you might end up drawing bad attention to yourself just like all the other guys
>durr hurr baseless claim

Fucking stupid. It is certainly within the realm of possibility. Mortal kombat, manhunt2 and even rapeplay all made it to mainstream news. No doubt a game that is literally a mass shooting simulator will catch their attention.
.
>comparing the same old generic sexualization of women with mass shooting simulator

Fucking stupid
>>
>>275918456
>LOL
>Kids
Nice try. Hows highschool econ?
>>
>>275918750
>When did SJWs infect /v/?
GG
>>
File: 1415311962371.png (12 KB, 178x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415311962371.png
12 KB, 178x200
>>275918925
fucking stupid is what SJWs are
>>
>>275918925
What the fuck are you talking about ? Twitter? Get the fuck out ,retard
>>
>>275918902
Steam is not a monopoly
>>
>>275918750
They're just trolls, they probably do care. But we're all channers here. Its more fun to fuck with each other than actually make a stand against shit like this.
>>
>>275906780
well HL SUCKS DICK! and i wont buy anything if you can get TPB back up before then. FAGGOT
>>
>>275918750

These threads are posted so much you're bound to turn people contrarian eventually, especially when having a dissenting opinion on the issue is discouraged, also it's really easy to troll in these types of threads.
>>
>>275918995
Great counter argument

You have none
>>
>>275919134
>channers
Fuck off
>>
File: 1385838274811.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1385838274811.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>275908981
Holy shit. If this works out they would be pretty based.
>>
>>275911906
How about we respond to that woman by calling her a Misandrist or whichever the correct spelling is, good way to fight fire v fire
>>
>>275906780
>Why do we like Steam and Valve again?
But no one does. It's okay as a social platform and that's it.
That's what I use it for, just play vidya with friends while pirating shit all day everyday.
>>
>>275919095
>replies with facts, and 70% statistic
>"grr its not a monopoly I refuse to belive"
Keep those eyes closed.
>>
>>275919134
>channers
we five guys here
>>
>>275909937
>People on /v/
>buying games
>>
File: emma.jpg (129 KB, 600x850) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
emma.jpg
129 KB, 600x850
>>275906780
>tfw you will never fucking hate this world and the human worms that feed on its carcass
>>
>>275918568
>SJW hordes

OH NOES, NOT THE SJW!!

Who are these SJW exactly? People who disagree with you? People who lost someone in a mass shooting? Fucking /v/irgin
>>
>>275919095
saying it isnt so doesnt make it so, you gotta refute the arguments.

There is proof that steam owns a very large market share, modern economists also say that this share can already be considered a monopoly.

So tell me, if other companies are considered just that with the same data, why cant steam be considered so?
>>
>>275919281
>Makes up a number
>Suddenly a 'statistic'

It's not a monopoly
>>
File: 1416481028305.png (737 KB, 1115x690) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416481028305.png
737 KB, 1115x690
VOTE
>VOTE

http://strawpoll.me/3198533

>http://strawpoll.me/3198533

http://strawpoll.me/3198533

>http://strawpoll.me/3198533
>>
>>275919379
>SJWs
>Actual victims
Yeah no.
>>
>>275918093
Most casuals don't give a fuck (or are even aware of) the whole social justice controversy in games
>>
>>275919479
where is the 'Hatred looks stupid' entry?
>>
>>275919390
You've had no arguments with supporting evidence. Steam is not a monopoly.
>>
>>275908209
I was going to

I love edgy shit, it makes me feel like i belong
>>
>>275919062
>unable to understand a simple example
>WHA CHOO TALKING ABOUT!! RETARD!!

Typical brain dead sub-human /v/irgin
>>
>>275919214
"At least two "major" shops will demand publishers remove Steam functionality from PC games, a new report claims.

If publishers refuse, those retailers will not sell PC games with Steam integration at all.

"Key retailers" fear Valve's digital service has a "monopoly" on the download market, according to MCV.

Sources claimed Steam serves 80 per cent of the PC download sector, and shops are worried that selling games with Steam tech built-in pushes users towards only buying games through Valve.

"If we have a digital service, then I don't want to start selling a rival in-store," the digital boss at one of the biggest UK games retailers told MCV."

80%
Thats grounds for intervention for it being a monopoly.
>>
>>275919568
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication
>steamworks ONLY
>>
File: 1418689046066.png (310 KB, 479x421) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418689046066.png
310 KB, 479x421
>>275906780
EVEN THE MUSTARD RACE TREMBLES BEFORE THE MIGHTY SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS

BEND THE KNEE SHITLORDS OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE A BAD REPUTATION, LABELS AND SHITFLINGING PRESS ON YOUR ASS FOR ETERNITY
>>
Why is everything must be about dem SJWs? It doesn't take a whole lot of brain to figure out a game about mass murdering innocent civilians would upset many people and garner negative reactions from mainstream presses as it has before. Why is it always have to be some crazy conspiracy with SJWs behind it?
>>
>>275919379
The same people that get offended by everything that steps on their toes when it in now way affects them. Aka most progressive liberals. You mad?
>>
>>275919863
>>275919904

enough proof to prove that steam, valve has a monopoly.

Anti monopoly rules therefore must be applied.
>>
>>275919464
>>275919214
>>275919095
>>275919568
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-11-shops-slam-steam-monopoly
>>
>>275906780
>Faggots are going to push to get Hatred put back on Steam and will buy it purely to make a point

I thought we got over shit like this?
Despite the fact that Valve are being cunts, does it really matter? The game was only pulled because it caught attention, it'll probably be put back on once people stop caring and it'll slip by unnoticed. Unreal pulled their name from things associated with it and no one threw a hissyfit.
>>
>>275919509

Do you know what question marks is? You are so fucking stupid to a point where you couldn't even understand a post with less than 30 words.
>>
File: 1418680901794.jpg (40 KB, 722x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418680901794.jpg
40 KB, 722x349
>>275919942
>that pic
>>
>>275920343
Yep, and I was pointing out the absurdity of your question disguising a mocking attack.

Do you know what strawmanning is?
>>
>CENSUHSHIP IS FINE
>DUH GAME IS SHIT ANYWAY
>>
>>275920031
>when it in now way affects them

I don't think anyone can be mad at someone who wrote that.
>>
>>275920072
The truth is, everyone knows they have a monopoly but everyone refused to act cause they liked it. But if Valve chooses to be a monopoly and be picky on what gets on its stores, that creates a big problem. Therefore its time for people to act.
>>
>>275920023
Who else do you think gets on the internet and lobbies against this stuff. Fifteen years ago it would have been soccer moms and politicians, but the soccer moms only use Facebook to talk about not-games and politicians don't even care about violence in vidya anymore. Jack Thompson hasn't even made a nuisance of himself in like, a decade.
>>
>>275920280
>Unreal pulled their name from things associated with it and no one threw a hissyfit.
Maybe because "pulling a name" isn't the same as blocking a developer's primary source of revenue
>>
>>275920629
You can choose not to buy it. Rather than taking it away from the majority. You are whats wrong with the planet.
>>
>>275920614
my whole life has been cold, bitter hatred, and I always wanted to slurp violently
>>
>>275920718
>Steam is a developer's primary source of revenue

No it's not. It's a big place to sell your game for sure but so is Origin, so is GOG, so is your own dedicated site.
>>
Whos dis guy
>>
File: 1275771140705.jpg (27 KB, 544x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1275771140705.jpg
27 KB, 544x400
>>275920023
>would upset many people and garner negative reactions from mainstream presses as it has before

So fucking what?
>>
File: angry.jpg (438 KB, 922x652) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
angry.jpg
438 KB, 922x652
>>275919942
FUCK

I don't even rage at this shit but this one crossed the fucking line
>>
File: berserk_guts.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
berserk_guts.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>275919942
God that picture.
>>
>>275920842
You're covering your god damned eyes. Steam is a monopoly. This is a well known fact.

GOG and Origin are tiny compared to it. And private dev's sites aren't even a speck.
>>
>>275920639
its a good thing that "liking" valve is linked to the opposite of what is valve doing now. I feel that the biggest fans of theirs also will become the biggest un-fans of theirs.

The casuals and normalfags already got used to getting fucked in the ass by corporations so the reason why there is still some sentiment here is pretty obvious.
>>
>>275920023
G-O-U-R-A-N-G-A
faggot
>>
>>275921040
Well they're getting what they want aren't they? They don't need to bother marketing, shock value does it for them, getting banned from Steam is probably doing them a favour.
>>
>>275919942

>Game only has swords in it
>Black is a common color for video game playing weebs
>Somehow a guy earned the name Black Swordsman even though there are probably thousands of swordsmen wearing black
>>
>>275906780
PUT SHITTY GAMES ON STEAM.
IT'S ABOUT THE MESSAGE, WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING SWJS AND LIBTARDS GET IT?
>>
>>275921190
Yea its probably good for them that they got banned, but that doesnt hide the fact that what valve is doing still is censorship.

That is actually exactly what is happening here, the barbra streisand effect depends on censorship you know.
>>
>>275906780
Shut the fuck up console tard, valve is literally the saviour of gaming
>>
>>275921243
Why is Guts then known as a black swordsman then? All the bitch niggers have fancy titles in Berserk, most of them use swords and clothing with simple colors is common too.

Beside that thing is not a sword, it's just an unwieldy slab of steel.
>>
>>275920578
>HURRR THEY DID IT TO AVOID SJW HORDE!!

You are fucking beyond retarded. What do these SJW do? They criticize. You know who else can criticize? People who lost someone in a mass shooting. Would that make them SJW too? Are you going to be against the SJW if they talk about how this game is highly insensitive towards people who lost someone in a shooting too?

Fucking stupid 4chan vermin and your war towards your SJW. You are so fixated on demonizing these so called "SJW" you don't even have lick of common sense.
>>
>>275921915
it doesnt even fucking matter who has what feelings. Society is not supposed to be a giant daycare. Get a fucking shrink and stop projecting your misery over everyone else like normal people do.
>>
>>275913728
Exactly, valve or steam doesn't fucking manage the greenlight. So why would they target one game out of the five thousand others? Can't be SJW's because as I said: several thousand other games to choose from, many less obscure and dumb as hatred. Can't be for controversy because it was on greenlight, a place where steam barely cares about what goes so there's no special treatment.

So either it's just an clerical error/group idiocy in steam or they gain from it.
>>
>>275922089
>lol muh technical error

and here we go again, another authority bullshit thing. Why do they love their technical errors so much.>>275910132
>>
File: trans_makeup.jpg (42 KB, 700x525) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trans_makeup.jpg
42 KB, 700x525
>always got cheap/free games from steam and a way to get together with fellow gamers
OH OKAY I GUESS I'M FUCKING STUPID AND GOING BROKE BECAUSE OP DIDN'T GET HIS 12YR OLD ANGST SIMULATOR, LOL!
>>
>>275922087
>batman tries the crybaby way
>now all parents are forbidden because he doesnt have any
>kidnaps children from parents homes and puts them nationwide in foster care places
>removes parents from movies, music, vidya as bruce wayne
>muh parents

thats basically what this too is about people who are so butthurt that they must spread their butthurt around.
>>
jesus fucking christ you are all quite pathetic.
>>
MUH CENSORSHIP
>>
>>275920747

This game can potentially get steam in a lot of shit. Be a good steam drone and deal with it.
>>
>>275922736
>muh parents died in a plane crash
>muh feelings
>muh want ban all flight simulators
>>
File: 1354497036513.jpg (156 KB, 499x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1354497036513.jpg
156 KB, 499x500
I don't understand this whole greenlight/early access shit.
There is a very huge chance that you'll be scammed, then why the hell people complain? If someone told you that he bought a demo disk with one game on it and paid full price you would be forever labeled as a complete idiot.
Or you buy a bread with a label: "We might add flour and yeast later."

And there is a very huge chance the game will enter development hell and be forgotten. (sometimes that's the devs goal, never even finish the game. just get money fast then fuckoff forever).
>>
>>275912862
what the fuck is updog
>>
>>275922949
you know that's not the same thing, anon
Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 51
Thread DB ID: 26999



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.