[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 21

File: Cu's aunts.png (458KB, 1304x802px) Image search: [Google]
Cu's aunts.png
458KB, 1304x802px
Continued from >>1942526

Questions to help expand on some elements:
Should Si be six years older than her imouto C or four?
Are Thallium and Arsenic friends from their love of pesticides or something more?
Why would Boron, the dusky beauty that she is, be helping Uranium?
Will Titanium's family ever be fleshed out?
Do C and Zr get funds from the cartel they are apart of?
When will Thorium get it together and ask out Sifium?
Is Copper actually adopted or are AuAg actually her parents?
>>
File: periodic-table u.png (108KB, 1866x945px) Image search: [Google]
periodic-table u.png
108KB, 1866x945px
>>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving small amounts of science and large amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple.

Compilation pastebin - http://pastebin.com/UCEgGUdr

Imgur album of the art the thread has - http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm
>>
File: runner up for otp couple.png (370KB, 1422x856px) Image search: [Google]
runner up for otp couple.png
370KB, 1422x856px
>>
File: Young steel and Modern steel.png (249KB, 1484x616px) Image search: [Google]
Young steel and Modern steel.png
249KB, 1484x616px
>>
>>
>>1958056

Nice timing with the new thread, vacation is over but I can start working on a Co, Cr and Stellite family trip fic.

Meanwhile, I've added U and Cm to Hg's profile
I've also added a past relationship between Co and W, to play a bit more Co's use in many alloys. I've also changed Sm a bit.

And Si should be 4 years older than C.
>>
>>1958063
Copper's conductivity is only surpassed by silver's. Does it mean those two become aroused to the brink each time they touch?
>>
>>1958404
>Copper becomes hot off her mom
That's an interesting thought. I don't think they'd become aroused because of thow the family is set up but, perhaps, when Copper was younger Silver could inadvertently fluster her in some manner. Probably by being able to pin down what was bothering her daughter or something.

I can just see it now, Gold has no idea what's causing little Copper to be so happy lately when Silver makes a remark about their daughter having a crush on 'x'. Leading to a rather obvious moment where Copper denies it emphatically with a def-con level blush.
>>
File: 1449727446791.png (253KB, 679x848px) Image search: [Google]
1449727446791.png
253KB, 679x848px
>>1958395
http://pastebin.com/CWsq0Hmt
So do you think ThU dabbled with soft robotics for Bk, Cf, and Es?

>>1958404
It could be an inherited trait from Silver, that Silver and Copper are rather sensitive on their erogenous zones leading to Gold teasing Silver to death when she's in a playful mood. Not sure about Copper.
>>
>>1958056
Why Lead x Tin?
Seems kind of an odd pair.
>>
File: 1446012514061.png (294KB, 1012x809px) Image search: [Google]
1446012514061.png
294KB, 1012x809px
>>1958949
They're usage in Terne and Pewter, however it largely stemmed from tin whiskering and needing lead to not fall apart. It just kind of stuck.

The fic flonium made for the couple gives a better idea of why they're together in the notes at the end.
>>
Not for Bk or Cf, but for Es and onwards, yes. My idea of Cf is inspired by that pastebin altTc.

Also thanks for the proofreading
>>
I can't understand anything about chemistry or combination of elements, but I love that idea! You are so creative! I want to see more about that.
>>
Regarding the idea of Zamaks that was mentioned last thread: they have such varied uses it'd be hard to find what they could be in the setting.

Automotive parts might be niche enough for them to get their footing as a business. Any ideas?
>>
>>1959296
This is the fourth thread we've gone through.
>>
Is there any development for mercury yet?

She should be an immortal as well as wise and knowledgeable as she spent all that time learning.
>>
>>1959566
There's a profile for her found here http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12821414

Along with the fact that one of her assistants is a gynoid, not much else has been developed. As for the immortality thing, it could actually be a thing though it's not presented that way. She is also the oldest element so far.
>>
>>1958058
What is the deal with the number below the chemical symbol?
In some it's the atomic weight, in others it's just random numbers.

Also, Chlorine/Fluorine NTR duo when?
>>
>>1960134
Year-zero ages of personifications. Weights are just there when we don't have anything else, it's probably a good idea to take them out.
>>
>>1960139
Yeah, it gets confusing.

>>1959567
>She is also the oldest element so far
I've been thinking about that, maybe we should make Lithium (alternatively, Berillium) the oldest ones. Maybe iron would work as well, since it's the final product of stellar fusion.
>>
>>1960140
While interesting for Iron, it wouldn't be quite doable since her age is part of the foundation for Carbon's Class-M harem and steel's age.

Beryllium on the other hand could definitely be more interesting. Only thing really known about her is that she's Aluminium's rival and I think the age given was to help established the top gun reference with how they were in the air force. It actually would be interesting if Beryllium wasn't just Aluminium's rival but also her senpai and something of an older sister/mother figure later on.

Lithium, yeah I could see her being older though that would push her need to help begin setting up Sodium as the heir more apparent.
>>
>>1960140
>I've been thinking about that, maybe we should make Lithium (alternatively, Berillium) the oldest ones. Maybe iron would work as well, since it's the final product of stellar fusion.
Mercury is the oldest as a reference to its historical associations with immortality and the "prima materia" (first material) of alchemy, fitting with Mercury's general alchemical theme.

while I'm here, flonium Q&A I guess
still writan FeC and AgAu-as-grandparents fics
>>
>>1960230
Will you update Carbon's profile when Silicon gets fleshed out somemore?
>>
>>1960232
Yeah, I need to go back and update Carbon to be drawfag-compliant and to discuss more of what we know about Class M in general.

I've been forgetting because my time for /u/ has been put towards writing, and cut down by work and the fact that I never get enough done on the holidays
>>
>>1960230
>while I'm here, flonium Q&A I guess
Is there anyone good to pair Bronze and Brass with? They'd have to similarly be TBA alloys at year zero obviously
>>
>>1960237
Out of the three remaining ones, it's the carbon version of what you have for Mn.

Mo-chan was developed in conjunction with Uranium at the time and there was an idea tossed around that while Tc was in the hospital Mo kind of ran into Carbon and they kind of became friends or something. Not much was discussed about how they could've been involved. There was some bit in U's profile where it stated she(U) likes to tease Mo

Silicon has scantly been discussed. The idea so far is that she is Carbon's older sister and was the one who was first with Carbon. They got caught and she was sent away since Carbon was 12 at the time. And that a possible girlfriend for her is Germanium since they're used in semiconductors.
>>
>>1960241
After a point we sort of run into the issue where, beyond alloys of metals known since antiquity, there's not that many named alloys, and names like Ti-6Al-7Nb aren't really suited to characters.

I'm not actually too up on usage of alloys compared to elements, I'm not actually a metallurgist (or even a chemist, I just worked for a chemical company for a while).

Their only real contemporaries are the Chromium/Nickel alloys, so I suppose it's a question of which of Nichrome, Inconel, and Chromel is left alone if we must pair up everyone.

>>1960245
I've been following the threads so I know the general trend, it's just that I'm forgetful about actually updating profiles. I'll do it later tonight
>>
>>1960251
>Ti-6Al-7Nb
Speaking of Ti, who's her love interest if the Copperbowl is over?

Is that formula with Nb in it a regular thing?
>>
>>1960253
Ti's kind of been put on the way side unfortunately. Last time she even came close to being discussed was one of the questions in the previous OP and this OP.
Funny enough I could actually see her with Steel if Terne wasn't gonna sink her fangs into Steel.
>>
>>1960253
There's a few names in Titanium's profile that I haven't mentioned here because people haven't been talking about her much.

For starters, in general use Titanium is typically alloyed with aluminium and vanadium; pure elemental titanium has far fewer use cases. Titanium and vanadium are also periodic table neighbours.
>>
>>1960260
Vanadium's been talked about. Discussed is another matter. Aluminium well maybe she's interning at Aluminium's business for experience while in uni.

What does she and Vanadium do when present together?
I am still rather fond of the idea that Ti has some familial connection to either Adamantine or Mithril though that's probably a bit dumb.
>>
>>1960265
>maybe she's interning at Aluminium's business for experience while in uni.
Which is pretty much what I had in mind.

The main thing that vanadium does in alloys with titanium is stabilise the beta phase (not unlike lead when alloyed with tin, though unlike alpha tin, alpha titanium has its own uses), which functionally increases its strength and heat tolerance while (chiefly and crucially) making the alloy heat-treatable where regular titanium isn't.

I hadn't really considered much about Ti ships but that's the point I'd start from.
>>
>>1960253
>who's her love interest if the Copperbowl is over?
Same question but with Platinum.
>>
>>1960273
Pretty sure Cobalt was set up to be Plat's lover.
>>
>>1960270
>The main thing that vanadium does in alloys with titanium is stabilise the beta phase (not unlike lead when alloyed with tin, though unlike alpha tin, alpha titanium has its own uses), which functionally increases its strength and heat tolerance while (chiefly and crucially) making the alloy heat-treatable where regular titanium isn't.

What if Vanadium's a flirt, like constantly flirts and teases Ti. To the point where she's one of the only people still able to make Ti blush and flustered. Maybe something happens after year zero and they get a deeper connection but sounds like she might've been a coworker in the past that became a drinking buddy.
>>
>>1960273
Cobalt. PtCo alloys are used in jewelry and magnets.
>>
>>1960277
Or maybe they met in uni and were stuck with each other for a term project or something.

Depends on what V and Ti do, really.
>>
>>1960282
V doesn't do video games that's for sure
More seriously, outside of what Flonium(I think) said regarding the actual processes. V works in the cosmetic industry or will because of her oxidation states. Also kind of felt lilke she was perhaps out of college unless it's some extra courses she's picking up.
>>
>>1960285
>V works in the cosmetic industry or will because of her oxidation states.
I'd think that would be more of a hobby unless Vanadium is actually used in cosmetics, does someone who actually knows what they're talking about care to weigh in?
>>
>>1960287
>does someone who actually knows what they're talking about care to weigh in?
Vanadium is toxic.
>>
>>1960287

I can see V with cosmetics as a hobby and Sb (and Bi ?) actually working in the industry.
>>
Co/Cr/Stellite fic is basically finished, but there's still proofreading to do.

Meanwhile, I went at the gym, and a guy I saw there sparked inspiration for Ra (and subsequently Ac and Pa).

Radium is a young woman who has had a weak condition since birth and was often sick and bedriden in hospital. She has a weak voice and a discreet personality (referencing pure Radium's apparence), and she cupies herself with painting (referencing Radium's use as fluorescent paint for watches)

Also, her human surname has to be Fryer

Actium is Radium's childhood friend, she has a extremely nervous personality and worries all the time about Radium, whom she never leaves. Possible Ra pairing but up to debate.

Proactinium is Actinium's mother and was deeply invested in Radium's well being. Other than that I see her as a socialy awkward person who's rather stay at home, from where she works.

I also thought that Ac was Pa and U's child, but that U never knew about it since Pt and U were in their teenage years, and Pa disappeard in her early pregnancy, but that might be trying too hard to link the elements between them.
>>
>>1960382
Sounds pretty reasonable for Radium though I'd like to add that perhaps she looks up to U as being an example to work towards. After all, U probably suffers or suffered something similar to what the other radioactive girls went through. Just that she had a better handle on it or something.

As for the idea of Ac being Pa and U's child, while a possibility, we should probably be wary with tossing out the teen pregnant thing so frequently. I suggest that it should be Th instead of U who could possibly be Ac's other mother, though maybe she's a result of a one night stand if Pa isn't actually Thorium's wife. If ThPa is actually a thing it could also explain a possible U connection to them as well if she became a family friend.
>>
>>1960660

Totally agree, I like the idea of Ac being Th's child rather than U's.
>>
>>1958056
i guess lead is my wife now i love trash
>>
>>1960720
Wow Tin, that's pretty rude considering she turns you into puddy in bed. Are you trying to be a bad girl?
>>
If we pair V with Ti, who do we pair Bi with, Po?

And what is Steel's pairing ?
>>
>>1961104
Terne for Steel I think was winning the hearts and minds because of the real application compared to Electrum and Steel fitting archetypes.

Bi and Po could be together,, we'd have to flesh out Po. TiV is an interesting thought though, it would just need to be explored.
>>
>>1961107
>Terne for Steel

That would open Electrum/Iridosmine, and do we have a pairing for Pewter ?
>>
>>1961117
Nope, nothing for Pewter outside of her having a more artistic personality taking after Tin, lookin vg up to her aunt Gold and probably Co's apprentice iirc.
>>
Co/Cr/Stellite fic done:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5713543
>>
>>1961460
http://pastebin.com/jT0Q8BBn

Rather nice for what it sets out to be.
>>
>>1961123
I thought she was looking up to Copper (since pewters usually contain Cu)?
>>
>>1961823
You might be right, it's been a while since she's been talked about.
>>
>>1961460
Huh, I did just sort of realise that Co and Cr are dating roommates. So they might run into each other on date night at some point, which would probably be awkward. (Steel is babysitting little Stellite, of course.)
>>
>>1961877
And Plat's the only one who doesn't realize it yet.
>>
>>1961877

No they don't live together, but since they are both raising Stellite, they occasionally go on holiday together.
>>
>>1961951
They don't, but Pt and Ni do.
>>
>>1962411

I find that a bit weird, by the way, Nickel's a high ranking employee in Iron's corp but lives in a dorm with an uni student.
>>
>>1962655
>in a dorm
Who said it was a dorm? Students can live off campus, and maybe Nickel was renting out the room. Though yes her supposed rank within Iron's empire is a little unusual.
>>
So I'm currently writing Ra's profile (ft Ac, Pa, U, Zr and Ta), hopefully it'll be finished by the end of the week.

Next I'll do a fic, if you want to see something in particular, I'm taking requests.
>>
>>1962724
I would love to see how Tc befriended ThU, along with some MoU teasing on U's side after the operation if it goes that far.
>>
>>1962727
>I would love to see how Tc befriended ThU,

That would need a couple chapters to do it justice, I'll look into it

>along with some MoU teasing on U's side after the operation if it goes that far.

Actually I see MoU teasing happening quite some time after the operation, mainly steaming from the fact that U became de facto Tc's second mother...actually I have some ideas, but it would take a different fic.
>>
>>1962655
Isn't Pt also rich though? We don't know anything about their living situation.

Even then I've heard of people with six-figure salaries living in dives so they can take better vacations.
>>
>>1962746
>Isn't Pt also rich though?

Plat mentions she has to make a choice about her car since she's on a budget.
>>
>>1962745
>actually I have some ideas, but it would take a different fic.
I'd be fine with that, I just wanna see ThU in some capacity.
>>
>>1962767

Right, I've worked out a plan for a three-chapter fic, would the thread prefer each chapter as they are written or all chapters at once ?
>>
Radium's profile way sooner that I'd expected

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/13213402

Also updated U's profile with a tweaked Ta entry and a new Ra one:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862312

Now that Tc, U, Mo and Th fic (first chapter will also feature Ta, Bk, Cf and Pb)
>>
>>1963093
http://pastebin.com/H3ksa7gu

I was a little surprised you went with Radium being bald. Interesting profile over all.
>>
>>1963264

Thanks

>I was a little surprised you went with Radium being bald

I wrote this with the memory of a little girl that was in my class in elementary school, she was bald from chemotherapy.

Sadly, she didn't make it
>>
>>1963466
Damn
It definitely looks for the character, it just kinda threw me off since it gave me a notion that she had cancer when I think the intention was just a weak constitution.

Welp that aside, I'm looking forward to the MoThUTc fic. I'll try and get any edits done as quick as possible when it's up.
>>
>>1962763
Maybe Pd is the one handling the money because she's out of school, and Pt has limited personal spending?

I wonder how At and Co get along.
>>
>>1963582
>I wonder how At and Co get along.

Quite well I'd say, Cobalt is a calming person when she's not teasing (which she wouldn't be around At).

Something dawn on me lately, if Tc is Mo's daughter, does that mean that Steel (and Terne) know Tc ?
>>
>>1964149
Probably, the real question would be: did they know her before or after the accident?
>>
>>1964150

That would depend on when Mo got involved with Steel, the accident happened when Steel was 12...I don't know what flonium had planned for Mo.
>>
>>1964152
What? You mean when Tc became friends with Steel?
>>
>>1964153

More like a big sister figure, Tc is 3 years older than Steel.
>>
>>1964154
Well shit that kind of throws me off. In that case, if they do know each other it's probably through work or something.
>>
>>1964155

Not necessarily, if Mo got involded with C, Tc and Steel would've met naturally.
>>
>>1964157
If that's the case you could probably get away with Tc being in big sis status to Steel if the fic is a while after her operation.
>>
>>1964783

It's before, after and a while after, Tc had big sis status before the accident.
>>
>>1964843

Alright, first draft of the first chapter is finished and now is proofreading time.
It's....significantly longer than I'd expected.

It takes place befor the operation, 5 years before year zero, main chars are U and Tc and also starrs Mo, Ta, Pb, Th, Cf, Bk, Steel, Terne with a guest apperance of Carbon
>>
>>1965798
Nice, sounds like it'll be an interesting read.
>>
>>1965820

Well, you'll be the judge: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5762629/chapters/13277986
>>
>>1966141
Very nice, everything thing about it flowed nicely and the end of it gave me some shivers despite knowing the success.
I'll get around to editing it later tonight since there were some minor mistakes I spotted
>>
>>1966141
pastebin.com/ThKNLNKK
I'll get the last part done tomorrow and I' will be forever grateful if, in the future, you could make sure all your question marks and exclamation points don't have spaces between them and a word.
>>
>>1966423

Thanks

>look at their creator directly.

Nah, the gynoids are programmed to look at the person they're talking to, not just their creator.

It's a feature I imagined because the gynoids have very acute perception and don't need to actually look at people "in the eyes" to see them. But in order to avoid awkwardness in social situations, they're made to always look at their interlocutor.
>>
>>1966456
Ah okay, it wasn't so much creator it was just I couldn't figure out what interlocutor meant.

That aside, I am loving it so far but I think I've said that too much already. I can't wait to see the while after chapter.
>>
>>1966423
http://pastebin.com/fU8YpNK0
With this, it has been edited.
>>
>>1966827

Thanks, I'll edit it later today, now I've got a question, should I make MoU an actual couple in the third chapter ?
>>
>>1967046
Up to you, I think.
>>
wrote a thing
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5805601
>>
>>1966827

Done

>>1967103

Interesting stuff, this Flint water crisis sounds gruesome.
>>
>>1967416
>this Flint water crisis sounds gruesome.
The lower estimates say six thousand with severe lead poisoning. It could be as high as twelve.

A federal state of emergency was declared a little over a week ago. It's bad.
>>
>>1967446
Uhg. I live above the bridge, and have family down there. We make fun of trolls all the time, but goddamn. That shit's fucked.
>>
>>1967046
>should I make MoU an actual couple in the third chapter
Like a recently formed couple or one that's been together for a few years? Up to you though I'd like the former. Especially if one of the events that got them together was Mo-chan finally expressing her jealous to Uranium about her importance in Technetium's life.
>>
>>1967046
Yes!
>>
Lifesver chapter 2 is fully written and now it's proofreading time.

It stars U, Mo, Tc, and Th, as well as appearances from Eu and Pm and there is Es' debut.
>>
>>1970433
I wonder how Pm feels about inadvertently being one of the mothers of modern gynoids.
>>
>>1971035

She's fond of them, as they are her family
>>
>>1970433

There you go: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5762629/chapters/13371892
>>
>>1971145
Wonderful, I'll get around to editing it when I don't feel like death would be relief though it wouldn't hurt to get it one more look over.
You refer to Tc as Mo-chan's sister near the end when they're talking to Einsteinium
>>
>>1971180
>You refer to Tc as Mo-chan's sister near the end when they're talking to Einsteinium

Oops, I got mixed up with all those people, it's fixed.
>>
>>1971145
So did Europium build Promethium with the idea in mind that she'd be her gf?
You know, cause of the reference.
>>
>>1971718

Good question, I'll let the thread decide on this one.
>>
>>1971718
Well, compared to the the other pre-Einsteinium gynoids, Promethium has a much more complex consciousness (her brain is literally a supercomputer/mainframe), so I think that she should be capable of complex feelings, such as love.

And I think if Europium and Promethium get together, it'll be more because it kinda just worked out that way, rather than Europium purpose-building Promethium as something to love her.

As for the Pygmalion reference, I think we should remember Thorium's unique sense of humor, and chalk it up to Thorium observing Europium and Promethium spending a lot of time together in the lab.
>>
>>1971145
Alright finally done. http://pastebin.com/azviSYxA
That took longer than I expected though it was fun reading it.

Also if anyone didn't see it while scrolling past the general thread, another 4chan archive has popped up that included /u/, https://4ch.be/u/, It has all the previous metallurgy threads in case they need to be consulted.
>>
>>1972092
>As for the Pygmalion reference

About that, someone in the thread made a Pygmalion reference for Uranium, but for various reasons I didn't see it work for Uranium, including the fact that she had so many potential Galateas, so that would've been complicated

Europium meanwhile only has Promethium so it works much better.

What Thorium says is not necessarily the reality, it's mostly her interpreation of the situations, that said I'm actually quite a favor for the Eu/Pm ship, especially since Pm is mostly a virtual entiety.

>>1972699

Done, thank you.

I'll begin the third chapter, which will have much more MoU, but I still plan some more worldbuilding, so if the thread has questions, even for just trivia, I'll try to make the characters answers them.
>>
>>1972863
Would EuPm work like that one movie where Black Widow was the AI? Either way I figured it was more of a jab at a reason why Europium might've accidentally made Pm.

Are you gonna have a some evidence of Tc possibly crushing on some girl if it's beyond year zero?
>>
>>1972863
Fuck I missed the correction for "Hey, you are the one who made this incredible spine" replied Tantalum.
Gotta watch them quotation marks sis.
>>
>>1972902
>Are you gonna have a some evidence of Tc possibly crushing on some girl if it's beyond year zero?

It's two years before Y0 and three years after chapter 1 so I don't really have a clue.

I personally quite like the idea of pairing her with Bk, in some sort of platonic relationship, but it's just an idea I had one day. IRL Technetium is used for enhancing Steel's corrosive resistance, but in the setting Tc is already paired with Terne, so I'm a bit out of ideas on this one.

>>1972943
>Gotta watch them quotation marks sis.

Sorry, they're small, all over the place, and depending on the keyboards I use, never on the same spot. I'll try to be more careful.
>>
>>1972957
>I'll try to be more careful.
Is okay, they're very subtle so as evidenced even I missed one.

Hmm this might be out there, and may be influenced by my love of age gap, but is Zirconium with anyone? Maybe all the time TC spent around Bk led to her running into Zirconium and they kinda hit it off and Tc sweet talked Zr into giving her a chance.
>>
>>1972970
>is Zirconium with anyone?

She isn't but I envisioned her as relatively aged, around Uranium's age, which would make the gap 22 years big.

Now ZrTc could happen later down the timeline, or Zr could be reworked to be younger.
>>
>>1972993
Don't take the suggestion too seriously 5o the point of rework. It could be as much as Tc having a bit of a kink for cougars/milf.
>>
>>1973145

It's not even rework actually, Zr is very vaguely defined and needs fleshing out.
>>
>>1973331
Maybe the bit regarding her association with Radium and Tantalum seemed rather important. Enough to kind of lock in her age. I'm not entirely sure who else could fit, though I have half a mind to suggest Calcium if only because the idea of Calcium being a doctor of some sort won't leave my brain.
>>
>>1973342
>Maybe the bit regarding her association with Radium and Tantalum seemed rather important. Enough to kind of lock in her age.

Nah, originally I planned for Ta to be Ra's only doctor, but Ta who've been too young, so I took Zr (who was originally just Ta's colleague), doubled her age, and put her as Ra's former doctor.
>>
>>1973361
Ah well then I suppose if that's the case and no one else suggests someone for Tc, then I'd be fine with Zr getting reworked to be a possibility.
I still say she and Carbon should have an association through some sort of "business" type thing. Not lovers but like might've seen each other at a function.
>>
>>1973365
>I still say she and Carbon

C/Tc or C/Zr ?
>>
>>1973368
C/Zr association as in, they only know each other from various events they might've attended or something. Nothing more since they're pretty different.
>>
>>1973370

Do we even know what Carbon's business is ?

For Tc there's also the possibility of U's cousins Np or Pu.
>>
>>1973372
>Carbon's business
Nope, nothing concrete, outside of her being nearly always busy and probably overworked. Pretty sure an idea was tossed around that she has a few mildly successful ventures or something as references to graphite and other things like that.

You're right about Np and Pu, forgot about them.
>>
>>1973376
>Nope, nothing concrete, outside of her being nearly always busy and probably overworked.

Can we summon flonium for this one?
>>
>>1973393
We could try but he's a very capricious write fag that's hard to pin down.
>>
>>1973393
>>1973407
Now I'm imagining Flonium as some sort of genie, popping up to grant wishes whenever anon finds the right lamp
>>
>>1973393
>Can we summon flonium for this one?
So the issue with what Carbon does is that, well, carbon does everything. Even setting aside the fact that carbon is essential for all known life, there's plastics, fuels, fabrics, machine components, nuclear reactor parts, inks, filtration systems, and carbide ceramics.

And again, that's before getting into more organic things, where it's basically inescapable.

>>1973815
More of a small, easily excited dog in a room full of bacon and houseguests.
>>
>>1974007
What if Carbon was a business negotiator/solicitor or something. You know just maybe not travel orientated.
>>
Is there anything regarding mythological metals?
>>
>>1976167
Not really? A few have been discussed in passing but nothing concrete.
>>
>>1976169
There couldn't be that many to begin with right? What would they even do in the setting.
>>
>>1976188

They could be part of in-setting myths, but that means someone would have to write them.
>>
>>1976235
The only one that sounds like it'd be an actual in-setting myth could be Primae materia as a possible god figure or progenitor for the setting's humans.

I had the thought that the more 'common' myth metals could just be leaders or something that are very high in the echelons of society and aren't really referred to by name but the evidence of their existence can be found if one goes digging. Like how Iron is currently in year zero strikes me as potential a lead up to what they could be.

Though they could be dead at year zero, I just feel that them being alive at some point is more interesting than just treating them as myth.
>>
So while we're waiting for flonium and metalsappho to do a new thing, let's talk about Boron. What do we know about her so far?
>>
>>1977943
That she's probably a dusky beauty to reference how she was introduced to the western world via the silk road. There was some idea tossed around that she helps Uranium in some capacity because it's used in nuclear plants.

Maybe an exchange student that was in Carbon's class year, left, and then moved back to where ever the metals live currently for some reasons.
>>
>>1977949

Also, she doesn't like to be alone, and always tries to make connections with people.
>>
>>1977975
Hmm so she's clingy and maybe arabian more than just being a nondescript delicious brown girl. Who would she cling to the most? Sodium?
>>
>>1977984

Sodium's 15 though.
>>
>>1977994
Yeah I suppose Boron going to jail would be a bit much but maybe she's a patient predator. She's got, at most, 3 years. The hardest bit would be explaining how she could've met Sodium and maybe befriended her before she's 18. When Boron can begin her advances in earnest.
>>
>>1978000

B could be K's friend and fell for little Na but held back.
>>
>>1978000
>>1978101

>advocating patience over delicious immoral agegap.
>>
>>1978149

I'm indifferent about immoral age gap as long as it stays consensual.
>>
Why is Sodium's hair black? Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>1978224

Cs' colour is slightly gold, so an anon wanted her to be eastern asian, and since the Alkalis were set to be of the same family, it extended to all of them.
>>
>>1978252
Hm, I mean, it makes sense, but isn't it pretty counter-intuitive considering the color of sodium?
>>
>>1978262

Yes, but the problem is that most metals are silvery white or grey, so given the chance, we try to include some variety in their looks.
>>
File: Fphoto-42369606E-2RM.jpg (198KB, 708x860px) Image search: [Google]
Fphoto-42369606E-2RM.jpg
198KB, 708x860px
>>1978290
>>
File: Na_(Sodium).jpg (116KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Na_(Sodium).jpg
116KB, 1280x960px
>>1978301

Well that's the sodium I used as reference.
>>
>>1978318
I think yours is probably more accurate. The pink might be from impurities or lighting or something. But giving an entire family of metals black hair would sort of defeat the purpose of ignoring metal color for the sake of variety.
>>
>>1978361
>But giving an entire family of metals black hair would sort of defeat the purpose of ignoring metal color for the sake of variety.

Alkali metals are notorious for having similar proprieties, that's where the idea of the Alkali family came from.
>>
>>1977943

Speaking of which, I've finished writing the third chapter of Lifesaver now is the proofreading. Heavy MoU chapter, with also Tc, and the debut of Fm, Np and Md, quick appearances from Terne and Cf.

Also I've changed my mind since >>1972957
; Tc is totally going after Np.
>>
>>1978149
While delicious immoral age gap is all well and good, you gotta remember that Sodium is a business heir. The consequences would probably be enacted to the fullest because of her importance, which is kind of sad to think about.

On a lighter note, Boron could probably be paired with Plutonium. Not sure if there's a science basis for it but it would give her a tangential connection to Uranium.
>>
>>1977984
>Who would she cling to the most? Sodium?
Sodium's probably the biggest, since sodium's in a lot of borate minerals.

Could do Silicon, since borosilicates are important for some glasses.
>>
>>1978725
That would be interesting, though Silicon would have to be expanded upon some more. Like when she stepped back into Carbon's life, what had she done, and how would Silicon run into Boron.
>>
>>1978592

I'm actually quite in favour of pairing NaB, independently of the "delicious immoral age gap" stuff, mainly because of all the IRL combinations. Adding to that, the role of K in B's production could mean B and K are friends and that's how B came to know Na. B could also play a role in reconciling K with her family.
>>
>>1978864
>play a role in reconciling K with her family.
That'd be interesting, how would B have befriended K since they're about 14 years apart if it's going off B being close to C's age.
>>
>>1978921

Given that Boron is used in fertilizers, maybe she knows P.

A more radical solution would be to change her relation to C, making her younger.
>>
>>1978933
Hey whatever works. I feel her being an exotic/foreign girl should be more important than age.
>>
>>1978973

Nothing stops her from being foreign, she just doesn't need to be specifically C's age.
>>
>>1978431

There you go: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5762629/chapters/13497304
>>
>>1979258
I'll try and edit it tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
>>
File: Boron.png (148KB, 642x402px) Image search: [Google]
Boron.png
148KB, 642x402px
>>1977984
>maybe arabian more than just being a nondescript delicious brown girl
>>
>>1979306

That's just sad.
>>
>>1979306
Ha, though if you're gonna be specific the largest deposit is in Turkey and they probably have more Grecian in them than Arabian so nondescript Mediterranean would probably work better.
>>
File: B.png (272KB, 774x849px) Image search: [Google]
B.png
272KB, 774x849px
>>1979312
You'd be surprised how few useful reference pictures you get when searching Arab/Saudi woman/female/girl/etc

>>1979314
Googling Mediterranean people was even less helpful.
>>
>>1979316
Well you did a splendid job either way. I love her already. Nice blend of races found on the silk road.
>>
>>1979316

Now that's very good

Google Azeri girls
>>
>>1979316
Ooh, nice.
>>
>>1979316
I love her.
>>
>>1979316
I think I have a new favourite metal design.

now to get off my ass and write something with her. or anyone.
>>
File: Na.png (354KB, 916x778px) Image search: [Google]
Na.png
354KB, 916x778px
>>
>>1979375
Very cute.
>>
>>1979375
Well now I'm definitely in favor of NaB
>>
>>1979375

You're genuinely awesome.
>>
>>1979375

I took the liberty to update Na's profile with your illustration.
>>
>>1979517

I also changed the profiles a bit; added Fr's illustration, changed U's profile to reflect the fic and put the gynoid's profile in a separate work.

That, and Mo's profile: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/13398799
>>
>>1979731
Heads up, you say Copper is silver's eldest sister at the bottom.
>>
>>1979734

Thanks, I'm getting confused with all these people.
>>
>>1979258
>>1979731
Alright http://pastebin.com/Z12ViCKy there you go.

I'll try and get around to editing Mo-chan's profile later in the week.
>>
>>1979316
>>1979375
HNNNG NaB is the most delicious couple I've ever seen!
>>
writing an NaB thing
expect it maybe this weekend
>>
>>1980196

Thanks.

I'll write some gynoid profiles for now, before heading for an other fic.
>>
>>1980433
I wanna know more about Technetium. What she thinks, what she feels. I wanna see more narrative from her perspective.
>>
>>1980494

Okay, a bit later, but okay.

Here's the new Am profile (same as the one, but now with notes): http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13399342

And Cm's profile: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13399387

These profiles are quicker to write, and they will allow me to organize my various ideas for the different gynoids.
>>
>>1980735

Some more gynoid profiles:

Bk: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13399396

Cf: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13399414

And that'll be it for a while.
>>
>>1980735
>>1981882
http://pastebin.com/xC3YiahA
I'll eventually get Mo-chan's profile done. I swear.
>>
Any ideas regarding Calcium?
>>
>>1982201
She's definetely in orthopedics.
>>
>>1982198

Thanks

>>1982201

I haven't got a clue, so if you do, you're welcome.
>>
>>1982246
I second this. Calcium's in orthopedics and orthotics.
>>
>>1979731
I finally did it http://pastebin.com/ivxgp5Zv
>>
>>1982942

Thanks

>I think I get what you meant but 'extroverted people'

What I had in mind was "people outside of [Thorium's] circle" cause according to Thorium all this "making friends nonsense" doesn't make science progress...even if she quite like to have people close to her.

I've just realized that I wrote her as a quite big tsundere.

>Copper

I wrote it that way so it could be open to interpretations, I my mind, Copper simply doesn't "feel" Molybdenum, so to speak.
>>
>>1983213
Ah alright that clears those things up then.
>>
>>1980494

There you go:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5974534
>>
>>1984205
Interesting read, I'll have the edit along soon.
>>
>>1984205
http://pastebin.com/Psn41sAu
>>
>>1985030

Thanks

Currently writing Boron's profile, got some good ideas and loads of relationship entries.
>>
>>1985162
Nice, I wonder how she'll turn out since there wasn't much discussion related to her.
>>
>>1985184

She was though as being needy, so I'll play on that.

Also, she'll totally be Na's wife, and they'll have a Borax child, but that would be in the future.
>>
>>1985190
>Na's wife
>needy
That paints a pretty odd picture of Boron pleading to Sodium to drop what she's doing and rock her world.
>>
>>1985201

Not exacly what I had in mind, but it works suite well actually, flonium should write this.
>>
>>1985359
Is flonium even still around?
It's just been people posting as anon in this thread...
>>
>>1986133
He's probably busy with the Symphogear thread or actual real life concerns but he doesn't readily post with a name anyway.
>>
>>1986133
considering >>1967103 I don't think flonium namefags every post

He posted a tiny Touhou thing on AO3 a few days ago so he's alive, at least.
>>
>>1986135
>or actual real life concerns
as a heads up
whenever I'm not visibly active for a while
it's 99% this

my life is basically the Jonathan Coulton song Code Monkey but instead of a cute receptionist I'm in love with the world food market a block from my bus
>>
B's profile is now on proofreading (goddamn finally).

Meanwhile I've added a B entry in Na and K's profiles.
>>
>>1986654

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/13423066
>>
>>1986824
Poor Zirconium. She needs to find a good wife to spend all that cartel money on.
You also really gave me the image that Zirconium might try hide how lonely she feels.
>>
>>1987023
>She needs to find a good wife to spend all that cartel money on.

Niobium
>>
>>1987126
So someone who may be a little younger than Boron and is more in love with her friend Tantalum than Zirconium herself?
Zirconium's has hard love life.
>>
>>1987149

Nb is Ta's sister, and she grow up from her siscon crush to love Zr.

And Nb is 'only' 13 years younger and Zr, B is 21 years younger.
>>
>>1987157
I thought Nb was younger than that, though that was largely me guessing since there's nothing real concrete regarding Ta and Nb's ages outside of a general age.

Nice to know she grows out of that siscon phase even if Zr is pretty similar to Ta in a few areas.
>>
>>1987175

At year 0 I've put Ta at 34, Nb at 29, Zr at 42 and B at 21.
>>
>>1987196
Well that sheds some light on things.
Also this bothered while I was trying to edit Boron's profile.
I feel like 'fusional' doesn't carry over that well into english, and I'm trying to work out what you used it for under Re's section. Did you mean to compare their relationship to say a union between spouses because at first it doesn't strike me as a sisterly one which fit it's previous use under Mo's profile.
>>
>>1987222

In B and Re's case, I meant that their relationship got so close they were basically only functional when they were together. When they were apart, they were gloomy and apathetic, so in the end the relationship becomes consuming for their personality. Fortunately for B and Re, it was forced to end after a year, I'd say that it would've made actual damage if it had go on for longer.

That's a behaviour that I've once observed in a young lesbian couple; they was no limit in their closeness and they were ALWAYS stuck together, and only wanted to be together, I believe there was also a couple like that in the High school girls manga.

I Mo and Tc's case, they were very close because they were family, so sisterly fitted.
>>
>>1987340
Goddamn that actually pretty disconcerting to see in children. However hearing that explanation, fusional does work best so I'll just remove that bit

Oh soul mates! That way you described it or rather how the relationship could also be described as such though soul mates has more of a definitive tone and yeah.

http://pastebin.com/pJ8D9FWe
>>
>>1987347

Thanks

I'm taking requests for the next thing, profile of fic.

Don't say Mo, U or Tc
>>
>>1987376
I'd be interested in Zr actually but that's more from wanting to see if the cartel joke will actually stick. I'm not too sure about any other anons.
>>
>>1987384

I'm not comfortable to write about cartels, I'm afraid.
>>
>>1987387
Fair enough, then Silicon would be my next pick though I'm curious about what some other people might suggest.
>>
>>1987402

Silicon's profile, then.

If other anons have suggestions, I can still take them for later.
>>
>>1987407
Zr!
>>
>>1987689

Profile too ?
>>
>>1987902
That would be amazing. I want Zr's life to contain something more than tears.
>>
>>1987384
I think we can drop the cartel thing for now.
>>
>>1988759
Don't worry anon, I am. After all, I was the only one pushing for it.
>>
>>1987402

There you go

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/13867839/edit
>>
Who is Tc gunning for, again? Was it Steel?
>>
So I bothered flonium on tumblr and apparently there's some new stuff coming: https://flonium.tumblr.com/post/139666079911/so-assuming-youre-the-same-one-as-the-u

NaB, TiV, Stellite + her caretakers, and FeC are apparently being worked on.
>>
>>1989065

Np

Steel is Terne's prey.
>>
>>1988920
http://pastebin.com/Q0Wzbreg
Man this profile made me realize that the thread has almost all the industrial leaders drawn.
All that's missing is Silicon and Aluminium.
Uranium's debatable though I don't really consider her to be an industry leader.
>>
I kind of feel like Carbon should be the cool black haired Onee-san type character because all the first year hydrogen are always attracted to her. But I'm late to that party so ok.
>>
>>1989265
We haven't really been doing diatoms, because they're thirsty sluts who sleep with EVERYONE. (Except the noble gases, who are prudes.)
>>
File: 1449587129423.png (195KB, 744x887px) Image search: [Google]
1449587129423.png
195KB, 744x887px
>>1989265
She is kind of a cool dark haired beauty, though she's more of an okaa-san or auntie than onee-san.
>>1989383
Also involving non-metals gets trickier.
>>
>>1989178

Thanks

>All that's missing is Silicon and Aluminium.

And Lithium

Uranium is an engineer, and she got all the major metall/u/gy corporations involved in her project.
>>
>>1989449
Right I forgot Lithium, I feel silly.
True about Uranium, but she is a leader. Just a leader in the science community, not so much industry.
>>
>>1989451
Yup

There are some business owners but not really industry leaders, the Lanthanides are still mostly unknown but I don't think they have some hidden industry magnate.

Sulfur may or may not be one as well.
>>
>>1989467
Maybe she's like Phosphorous and is some sort of farm baron. Well maybe not so much a Baron since that has a more specific connotation but the point could be the same.
>>
>>1989468

I was thinking more in the lines of Sulfur running a business in the biology field.

And she and Phosphorus maintain a mid-distance relationship.
>>
>>1989474
Reasonable enough, it'd be nice to see another scientist that doesn't deal with machinery or the ilk.

Also the relationship would be rather interesting to see.
>>
>>1958056
the funny thing is this is basically just seikon no quaser without the het.
>>
Zirco's profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/13879204

>>1989090

How this man manages to keep track of all this stuff is beyond me; I can barely concentrate on one thing at the time.

>>1989682

Really ? Never saw/read SnQ.

And a billboard is not a street sign, holy fucking shit captcha.
>>
>>1989693
SnQ's protagonists and antagonists are all experimental element wielders. they do lewd things to women in order to gain back their mana bar.
>>
>>1989693
http://pastebin.com/Y4wff7bT
Alright Zr's done, the table's definitely getting filled out at this rate.
>>
>>1989693
>How this man manages to keep track of all this stuff is beyond me; I can barely concentrate on one thing at the time.
You'll also note you're putting things out much more regularly than I am.

When you've got all sorts of ideas sitting around and just working on one or another as the mood hits, it takes a lot longer to finish one.
>>
>>1989693

It's really nothing at all alike, beyond that both involve elements. Not sure why imouto thinks they're similar.
>>
>>1989983

Thanks

Well, as usual, I'll be taking requests.
>>
File: u.png (109KB, 3134x722px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
109KB, 3134x722px
And while I'm at it, have the updated table.
>>
>>1990118
I'd like to see some more AuAg fluff, if you're still open to requests.
>>
>>1990800

I'm always open to requests, although Au and Ag are flonium chars, so I'm not sure how to handle them.
>>
>>1990802
Something tells me Flonium might be more laidback than that though I can understand the hesitance.

That aside, would you be open to the idea of ThU when they're seniors or something from their young adult years, before Am. If that's too similar to the last stuff, maybe something involving Terne, and Steel. Perhaps having a group project with Electrum and Iridos.
>>
>>1990884

Flonium is already writing Terne and Steel, but I like the idea of Electrum and Iridosmine.

Also I'll keep the AuAg and ThU suggestions.
>>
Whose characters are Pt and Cu? Those two make me huggle myself.
>>
>>1991042

Pt - Platinum

Cu - Copper
>>
>>1991053
No, I mean who wrote them first?
>>
>>1991125
Flonium
>>
>>1990118
Would you be up to try a meet cute between Copper and Zinc?
>>
>>1992084

I would, but after the other fics.

Speaking of CuZn meeting, was something decided ? Personally I imagined a meeting during a social event at Gold's where Carbon and Zinc were invited and Copper met Zinc there.
>>
>>1992410
>something decided?
As in what? There first meeting? Nothing was ever decided, there was an idea or two about a business meeting/function something that would have Cu's parents and Iron in the same place for them to meet but the focus was on Brass+Bronze.
>>
>>1994644

I see

In other news, have a fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6091591

Electrum/Iridosmine, much spaghetti were had.
>>
>>1994859
Electrum is best confused rich girl. Even if she doesn't refer to Gold as Mummy in private.

Iridos is pretty adorable as well though the no kiss is a bit of a let down.
>>
>>1994874
>the no kiss is a bit of a let down

I thought a kiss so soon would be a bit OOC, it was mainly a setup to give Electrum some food for thought, and give Iridosmine a hope spot.

Electrum is fun to write, she's an all or nothing type of person.
>>
Wrote a thing: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6130001

Zinc and Iron friendship-ish with more suffering than I had planned
>>
>>1995380
Man you made it sound worse than it was. I had this witty post all thought up it's just mild angst. Iron's gonna work herself into a grave if something gets resolved.
Look at the second sentence of the second part and finish that thought.
>>
>>1995387
I can't really do MAXIMUM SUFFERING. I just went into it planning to do something fluffy, but it refused.

that's what I get for writing stuff while my proofreader friend is out of town
>>
>>1995390
Well you tried and that's what matters. Nice to see that little CuZn bit even if friendship is more important.
Want me to give it a once over after I finish with the Electrum one?
>>
>>1995393
May as well, sure.
>>
>>1994859
http://pastebin.com/66V7YE70
I wonder if Electrum will talk to Silver about love.

>>1995394
Pretty good overall, most of the things I might've changed were more stylistic in intent than any big fixes outside of the one I pointed out.
Like 'She kept her gaze on Zinc...' over the previous one.
Update Carbon's profile.
>>
>>1995454

Thanks

>I wonder if Electrum will talk to Silver about love.

I really doubt that, she might open up to Gold though.

>>1995380

Nice, it also gave me an ending for my CuZn meet cute fic.
>>
Any ideas on how Steel would react to meeting Iron?
What about Iron running into intern Steel while at the office?
>>
>>1995573

Last I heard Flonium was writing a FeC and Steel/Terne fic, no idea if Steel meets with Iron though.
>>
>>1990800

Ask and you shall receive.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6125425
>>
>>1996900
>AuAg making out like they're young
Oh gosh that's so cute.
>>
>>1996900
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA this is perfect!
>>
>>1996900
http://pastebin.com/adxdAVpQ
I like what you did with Gold's dialogue and how she doesn't use contractions. It makes for a neat little trait.
>>
>>2000276

Thanks

>I like what you did with Gold's dialogue and how she doesn't use contractions.

I changed Gold's dialogue quite a bit to give a more aristocratic vibe, i've also banned from her vocabulary words like "amazing" or "awesome" in favour of more fancy expressions like "wonderful".

>>1996909
>>1997758

Glad you liked it, but I should warn you that the next fic will be nowhere near as fluffy as that.
>>
>>2000567
>nowhere near as fluffy as that.
So how depressing will it be?
>>
>>2000580

Not depressing per se, but some dubious behaviour and heated arguments will be had.
>>
>>2000588
Sounds exciting, can't wait to see who it's about.
>>
>flonium watches 4cc
>and is apparently a gay dude
huh

remember to watch the memeball yurichemists
>>
Anyone got a big list of the "canon" romantic pairs?

Is chartanon alive?
>>
>>2001369
>remember to watch the memeball yurichemists

I do, the sad thing is that I'm not writting Uranium and Thorium in the meantime, but starting tomorrow, normal service will be resumed.

I'm thrilled to see /u/ in the final, at long last.

>>2001429
>Is chartanon alive?

It's me as well, if you want a chart, just ask. A pairing chart is a bit tricky but I think I found a way, might do it soon.
>>
>>2001429
AuAg
MoU
TcNp
PbSn
CoPt
PdAt
NaB
CuZn
NiCr
TaW
CFe
TernexSteel
ElectrumxIridosmine

I think there might be one or two missing.
>>
>>2001465

NbZr
SiGe
PS
TiV
Plus one in my upcoming fic.

I'm also thinking at AcRa, but it's still mainly in my head.
>>
>>2001496
Fug, at least I got the majority.
>>
>>2001465
none of your "canon" pairings are actual chemical reactions

C-H is a love in nature in every single biological lifeform and even after in the wood, oils and ash, hydrocarbons are forever even after they die they stay together

i know youre sticking with metals for now, but how can you deny their love because youre going for same - same instead of same-opposite
>>
>>2002050
I think it's less reactions and more about how those metals are applied or common compounds, i.e. NaB occur together commonly and are both widely used in borax.
>>
>>2002050
>how can you deny their love

Because H (along with O, N and Cl) would be too much of a pain to write.
>>
>>2002050
>>2002093
Yeah, the method so far has generally been by association in culture (e.g. Gold, Silver, Copper) or by the mix of metals in various applications (e.g. Lead being used to prevent Tin whiskering).

>>2002138
>too much of a pain to write
I've never really understood the whole non-metal being too much of a pain thing. If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind elaborating on it a bit?
>>
>>2002148
>I've never really understood the whole non-metal being too much of a pain thing. If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind elaborating on it a bit?
I think it's more that you can pair, say, oxygen with basically anyone, since every metal's got an oxide. Since the writefags here seem to like single stable pairings, O is too much of a slut.

but what do I know, I'm just a ficus
>>
>>2002154
Oh, I suppose that makes sense.
>>
>>2002154
Though I suppose, if one was to pair Oxygen the go to pairing would probably be the H sisters. She really knows how to make them wet.
>>
>>2002148
>would you mind elaborating on it a bit?

Basically what >>2002154 said, but my problem is not that O or H themselves would be sluts, it's that they would turn to established characters into sluts.

And "everyone is a slut" settings get stale quickly.
>>
>>2002180
Why not depict the compoundability (I'm sure there's a real word for this that I don't know) of O/H in a non-sexual manner?

Rather than being sluts who just sleep with anyone they can, they're just really warm and overly affectionate towards everyone. That'd preserve both their own integrity as well as the existing pairings and relationships (and has the potential for delicious jealousy and pouting from some of the more possessive or clingy pairings--without any real threat of infidelity).
>>
File: tumblr_n2udrcvjje1trrx0eo1_500.gif (939KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2udrcvjje1trrx0eo1_500.gif
939KB, 500x281px
>>2002193
>>
>>2002193
Hm. O and H as a couple of two just really super-affectionate people (who of course are even worse with each other)?

I could see it. Works pretty well, really.

might even write it once I'm done with cup thread prompts
>>
>>2002193
The real puzzle with that would be, them knowing most of the metals to various degrees in a believable sense. What would allow them to do such a thing
>>
>>2002193
>Why not

Because there's only so much writefags to cover the whole of the periodic table and metals got prioritized; it sort of just happened.

Suggestions and ideas to flesh out the setting are always welcomed, as long as it sticks with the "established canon", it's quite a participative project.
>>
>>2002200
>it's quite a participative project.
That's a lot of what keeps me in these threads honestly.

It's nice to be able to see our silly ideas get picked up by people who can actually write and make things out of them and get an end product.

Plus some of them are weirdly educational, like that first SnPb fic.
>>
>>2002198
With some suspension of disbelief; H could be some unimaginably wealthy investor with connections in every field and market. An airheaded ojou-type who doesn't grasp the value of money and would fund a research lab just to see cute girls in lab coats.

O, funded by H, just travels all over the place meeting people and having fun, and taking up odd jobs whenever she feels like it just to try them, she just happens to know everyone through sheer chance. That kind of person that say, H goes to introduce to (not that they'd be together ;_;) Iron, Carbon and Steel, and Carbon recognizes her as some woman that once helped fix her car when it started belching out smoke and broke down in the middle of nowhere; Iron recognizes her as a hairdresser that once mistakenly dyed her hair permanently red, and steel recognizes her as a woman that once randomly gave her life advice when she ran into her at the beach one day. Just examples of course, but I'm sure you get the general idea.

I'm sure there are better reasons for them to know everyone.
>>
>>2002204
>It's nice to be able to see our silly ideas get picked up

Silly ideas are wonderful, without them, the media that I enjoy would be much less colourful.

So yeah, if you're more than welcome to share your silly ideas (serious ones are good too), we'll try to make them fit.
>>
>>2002138
>>2002154
>>2002178
>>2002193
Simple solution, Hydrogen and Oxygen are goddesses of love and romance and pure love
>>
>>2002248
Maybe though >>2002210's idea sounds much funner.
>>
Does Titanium have any sort of family or is she a ward of the nation?
>>
>>2002344

There was some talk about having Adamantine as her mother.

>>2002248

But the problem with gods is that they're not really interesting to write in a mostly SOL setting.

>>2002210

Now these are good ideas.
>>
>>2003370
>Adamantine as her mother.
Did that ever go anywhere or was it lost to time?
>>
Young U and Th finished, currently on proofread. Admittedly my first angsty fic.

In the meantime, added some entries to Uranium's profile and slightly retconned Radium's.

>>2003581

Nothing came out of it, but with some exceptions, the characters' ascendancy have never been discussed.
>>
>>2003784
I can't help but think profile stuff would be easier to do on some sort of wiki.
>>
>>2004458

Functionally yes, but is metall/u/rgy's readership big enough to warrant setting up a wiki?
>>
>>2004535
Probably not.
>>
>>2004535
It will be one day.
>>
>>2004537

Though so too.

For the current readership, the format is not ideal but good enough. The only glaring thing is that the profiles are split between two different works.
>>
>>2004543
>split
That's actually what made me think of it in the first place. Because I went to see what U's and went to flonium's set instead.
>>
>>2004550
Should I just start including the compilation pastebin in the op or something so it's more visible? That's probably the best solution I can think of, in the essence of a quick fix.
>>
>>2004555
That would be neato.
>>
>>2004543
>The only glaring thing is that the profiles are split between two different works.
It's possible to share a work or series on AO3 between multiple contributors, they should just do that.
>>
>>2005032
That's probably news to everyone here. Could you be nice enough to explain how?
>>
>>2005079
Should be under settings. I believe it's a checkmark with "this work has co-authors" or something, then add names.

I don't know the particulars since I've only seen it done, I don't have an account myself.
>>
File: 14556414517789.png (206KB, 769x232px) Image search: [Google]
14556414517789.png
206KB, 769x232px
Still no NaB?
>>
>>2005331

Flonium put me on co-author, so I'll be porting all my works over to the unified series.
>>
>>2005511
Maybe when MetalSappho's taking requests again.
>>
>>2005511
Hopefully now that Flonium doesn't have cup on the mind. I don't mind Touhou stuff but there's only two gay metals writers and I need more.
>>
>>2005689

I never stop taking requests, actually, I just put them in my writing backlog.

However I won't write something on a subject that is already being written by flonium.
>>
>>2005511
It's currently at the top of the stack, so long as nothing else gets pushed I should be able to pop it out this weekend.

>>2005752
Touhou has always been my big thing; once I fall off that wagon it was hard to get back on. I'll try and do more metall/u/rgy things though.

>>2005764
>I won't write something on a subject that is already being written by flonium.
I don't really mind m8, more perspectives are always good
>>
>>2006076
>more perspectives are always good

Yes, but the setting is big enough so that people don't have to work on the same thing at the same time. I'd be happy to write some NaB but only when you're not doing it too.
>>
>>2006114
fair enough
>>
File: 1YHstFv.gif (3MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1YHstFv.gif
3MB, 533x300px
>>2006076
>so long as nothing else gets pushed I should be able to pop it out this weekend
>>
>>2006209
You, uh, might want to go back and redo her eyes Hiwo.
>>
>>2006209

Perfection
In the profiles it goes
>>
>>2006211
Are they not green? The profile didn't seem to list a color.
>>
>>2006216

It should, but it was supposed to be green anyway.

Fixed now.
>>
>>2006216
The colour was right, it was the angle that was bothering me. Her right eye looks higher than her left but that's probably just me so take it as you will.
>>
>>2006220
Third time's the charm?
>>
>>2006222
Yeah that's better upper nose line tho .
Sorry for being autistic, it's a lovely picture as a whole.
>>
File: U.png (302KB, 760x852px) Image search: [Google]
U.png
302KB, 760x852px
>>2006226
It's fine. It's not like these kind of things take much effort or time to fix, and it's helpful to me anyway.

I feel worse for Sappho/flonium, whoever is having to upload and re-upload it to the profile each time.
>>
File: 1454212927313.png (126KB, 524x536px) Image search: [Google]
1454212927313.png
126KB, 524x536px
>>2006228
Perfecto, thanks for all the pictures onee-sama
>>
>>2006228
>I feel worse for Sappho/flonium

Eh it's no big deal at all, plus it's really a great feeling to have these awesome illustrations to our scribbles.
>>
File: 1453455877231.png (122KB, 410x498px) Image search: [Google]
1453455877231.png
122KB, 410x498px
>>2006231
>awesome

Don't worry, one day metall/u/rgy will rival the touhou and kancolle fandoms put together, and dozens of much better artists will make doujins and fancy art.
>>
>>2006233

Even if it happens, I will still cherish the one who stuck with us since the start.
>>
>>2006228
Swoooooooon...
>>
>>2006228
Well that certainly explains why Mo-chan got so easily flustered.
>>
Considering the changes to U's profile, does that mean Thorium's forever going to be the suave bachelorette-type that never settles down and always has a girl?
>>
>>2006233
Will we get much better writers too?

i mean i'll still be killing the average but touhou has managed to balance me out
>>
>>2006635

You'll see...
>>
I was thinking that vanadium should be a therapist since her most common uses are strengthening both steel and titanium.
>>
>>2006841
Would she be situated in a hospital or would she have her own practice? Either way, I wouldn't be too surprised if Carbon was a patient of hers from time to time.
>>
>>1990884
>That aside, would you be open to the idea of ThU when they're seniors or something from their young adult years

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6140258
>>
>>2006862
>U going nuclear
Goodness, that was a nice surprise.
>>
File: 2outa1.jpg (34KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
2outa1.jpg
34KB, 400x323px
>>2006862
Nice stuff. I'll get the edit out sometime this weekend hopefully.
>>
>>2006857
I think Vanadium having her own practice makes the most sense.
>>
Time for a new thread?

I hope we get NaB tomorrow.
>>
>>2007178
Maybe, I think the person that normally does it got banned. Whoever makes the new thread should combine Na and B's picture for the op
>>
new thread >>2007187
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.