[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy - Borax Is Justice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 721
Thread images: 44

File: nab.png (520KB, 1617x827px) Image search: [Google]
nab.png
520KB, 1617x827px
Continued from >>1958056

>>What is it?
>"Weirdly educational." ~ Anonymous
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving small amounts of science and large amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple.

>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm
>>
Vanadium could be a relationship counselor along with being a regular therapist since she's often used to bind things together.
>>
File: metallurgy.png (109KB, 3134x722px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy.png
109KB, 3134x722px
Up to date periodic table
>>
File: metallurgy relationships.png (76KB, 2960x713px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy relationships.png
76KB, 2960x713px
And the relationship table
>>
expect NaB fic either tomorrow or Monday evening depending on how tomorrow goes
>>
>>2007439
>NaB fic either tomorrow or Monday evening
thank ye floflo

Any plans for later that you feel like divulging?
>>
>>2007435
2 questions:
1. When was this last updated?
2. Are they canon?
>>
>>2007434
But you didn't set O/H to mentioned.

>>2008048
Fairly recently. Some are probably more so than others.
>>
>>2007435
Who are we pairing Al with?

Going by the profile Sc or Be?
>>
how thoroughly does a character have to be talked about to be considered discussed?
>>
>>2008074
>But you didn't set O/H to mentioned.

My bad, will be in the nexy iteration.

>>2008048
>1. When was this last updated?

Yesterday

>2. Are they canon?

Yes.

>>2008103
>how thoroughly does a character have to be talked about to be considered discussed?

Not much, "discussed" starts as soon as a single idea for the character is thrown around, for instance Tb and Yb are only knows as being Er and Y's sisters.
>>
as far as i can tell Vanadium would fit well in any of these jobs: consultant (mainly P.R.), therapist, relationship counselor (perhaps in addition to therapist), or maybe an agent (as in manager)
>>
>>2008126

We also have Antimony as a potential therapist/counselor.

>>2008087
>Who are we pairing Al with?

Can Al evem be paired ?
>>
so do we have a plan for hydrogen? Maybe have her a researcher working on experimental technology? referencing its use in fusion and power cells.
>>
>>2008242

Here's what some anon proposed about H and O:

>>2002210
>With some suspension of disbelief; H could be some unimaginably wealthy investor with connections in every field and market. An airheaded ojou-type who doesn't grasp the value of money and would fund a research lab just to see cute girls in lab coats.
>O, funded by H, just travels all over the place meeting people and having fun, and taking up odd jobs whenever she feels like it just to try them, she just happens to know everyone through sheer chance. That kind of person that say, H goes to introduce to (not that they'd be together ;_;) Iron, Carbon and Steel, and Carbon recognizes her as some woman that once helped fix her car when it started belching out smoke and broke down in the middle of nowhere; Iron recognizes her as a hairdresser that once mistakenly dyed her hair permanently red, and steel recognizes her as a woman that once randomly gave her life advice when she ran into her at the beach one day. Just examples of course, but I'm sure you get the general idea.
>>
>>2008242

Here's a tidbit that I thought was clever.

>>2002193
>>
>>2008250
>>2008256
Yeah, I like some mixture of those two for OH.

The latter would generalise nicely to the halogens in general.
>>
>>2008230
>Can Al even be paired?
Wasn't there some talk about pairing her with Scandium because of real world applications?
>>
>>2008305

Scandium as a massive crush on her but things kind of stayed one-sided.

My question was more along the lines of "can a player character like Al be paired at all?"
>>
>>2008308
Oh. I need to stop staying up so late then.

I think if she were to settle down it'd be a case to Zr possibly without the crushing loneliness. Probably more misunderstood jealousy until she realizes why she's jealous of couples.
>>
>>2008313

Yes but I don't really have an idea of who she can be paired with, maybe flonium can clue us in.
>>
File: 1457630959534.jpg (115KB, 769x478px) Image search: [Google]
1457630959534.jpg
115KB, 769x478px
>pairing elements with each other

Have we gone too far?
>>
>>2008316

We're not going too far, it's the others who are not going far enough.
>>
>>2008316
Aren't we just following in our ancestors' footsteps? Only instead of natural forces as divinity and the supernatural, we're making it more mundane.
>>
>>2008316
Can we go too far?
>tfw no /u/-appropriate "but let's keep going and see what happens"
>>
>>2008314
>maybe flonium can clue us in.
Off the top of my head, metals commonly alloyed with aluminium include copper, zinc, silicon, magnesium, manganese, and titanium.

There's a case to be made for scandium as well, since while scandium makes up a small percentage of most aluminium alloys, it's the primary use for scandium.

NaB fic soonish, family willing.
>>
>>2006862
http://pastebin.com/G9w1gGUa
Sorry this is super late.
>>2008230
Wasn't there something about Antimony having money from a business venture involving PbSn to reference printing?
>>
>>2009281

Thanks a lot.

Writing the requested CuZn meetup fic (going well, if longer than planned), so as usual, I'm taking fic or profile requests for after.

>Wasn't there something about Antimony having money from a business venture involving PbSn to reference printing?

Sb has been discussed many times but nothing really definite came out of that.

Whatever Sb is, her appearance can't be anything but a grown-up version of Annie from Gunnerkrigg court
>>
>>2009307
I'm not quite so sold on Antimony being Annie but she could be something of a mentor figure perhaps? Kind of around Mercury's age or so that Sn and Pb met in uni or something.
>>
>>2009311
>something of a mentor figure perhaps?
Or alternately, she's one of SnPb's students, since Tin and Lead have been known for a much longer time.
>>
>>2009312
Possible, would make for an interesting window into Tin. That'd also give a better opportunity to explain away the printing connection especially if it's family money.
>>
As promised, have some NaB.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6263884

Not sure what I'll do next.
>>
File: 1362899325487.jpg (22KB, 298x205px) Image search: [Google]
1362899325487.jpg
22KB, 298x205px
>>2009412
Very cute, I can just see Boron being all flustered every time Sodium comes onto her.

Why not try to make another profile? Maganese and Magnesium kind of need filling out, Maganese more than Magnesium. You could, and this is probably a big request, you could update Carbon's profile.
>>
File: 1YH88stFv.gif (83KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1YH88stFv.gif
83KB, 500x300px
>>2009412
Everything about this is yes.
>>
>>2009419
>>2009420
Glad you like it, anons.

I swear I'll do profile updates eventually, when I have more time off work or something. We should be finishing a sprint next week, I should be more awake once the shackles of employment are lifted. Family willing.

The reason it keeps getting bumped off I'm trying to set word count goals for myself and I can't really count profiles as much, since they're not stories per say.
>>
>>2009426
Well then in that case, maybe something involving Electrum teasing Copper over a suspected crush and trying to act like she's the expert on the matter.
Leading to Gold and Silver overhearing it and Gold teasing Electrum about Iridos.

Or possibly Mithril flirting with Adamantine who just came back from a work out and is showing off her abs and figure. If they happen to be flirting in front of Adamantine's daughter Ti than all the better.
>>
>>2009412
>Boron still clinging to her ruined romance with Zr to try and escape the inevitable

SPOT ON

>Not sure what I'll do next.

Profiles

>>2009426
>I'm trying to set word count goals for myself and I can't really count profiles as much,

What I did for the profiles is write about three visible lines per relationship entry.

But you shouldn't really bother with word count for profiles, some characters simply don't have much to be said (Fr for instance).
>>
>>2009432
I think for copper it would be better if she was shy and introverted, but somehow nearly all the other elements want to tap that.

Copper gets hit on by everyone and just has panic attacks about it.
>>
>>2009703

The problem here is that many of the elements with whom she interacts are already paired. Making them all interested in Copper would be out of character.
>>
>shipping chemical elements

Never change.
>>
>>2009746

We have a reputation to uphold.
>>
>>2009746
>implying Japan wouldn't have personified chemical elements and put them into a harem story
For once we got there first... I think.
>>
>>2009765

Japan was busy with countries.
>>
>>2009765
>>implying Japan wouldn't have personified chemical elements and put them into a harem story
>For once we got there first... I think.

How long until Japan notices on this project?
>>
>>2009806
Should we copyright this?
>>
>>2009909
I doubt we could.

Any ideas regarding Selenium?
>>
>>2009911
>I doubt we could.
Actually, at least by US law, the stuff is already copyrighted. Hiwo owns the drawings, and Flonium and MS own their respective writings. Copyright is automatic once a work is tangible unless the work infringes on other copyrights, which this doesn't.
>>
>>2009930
>flonium owns what they already wrote
Quick, Flo, go write that Iono au that I asked for a few threads ago!

- Iono!Carbon (Queen regent)
- Queen Consort Iron
- Harem!CLASS-M
- (Carbon) Steel as heir apparent
- All of dem steel types personified, one child from every wife.
- There was something about most of the steel sisters being after one character but I forgot which one.
- AuAg have their own monogamous kingdom, with SnPb being in their court.
>>
>>2009980
Ahhh, I meant Queen Regnant.
>>
>>2009980

Speaking of AU, I posted on AO3 that Alt UxTc fic some anon made on Pastebin, for posterity.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6271540
>>
>>2009911
>Any ideas regarding Selenium?
Based on use in photocells and energy-related electronics, and use in compounds in multivitamins and dietary supplements... some sort of cute tree-hugger?

>>2009930
I'd view it more as belonging to the board.
>>
>>2010091
>some sort of cute tree-hugger?

Metall/u/rgy's resident granola girl?
>>
>>2010091
>some sort of cute tree-hugger?

Would there be conflicts with elements that harm nature (are poisonous)?
>>
>>2010101
Maybe not outright conflict but she could feel uneasy around them and be standoff-ish. Like something about them just feels "wrong" to her.
>>
Girls. what if we ship angles?

Acute angles being cute little imoutos when?
>>
>>2010135
Settle down, imouto.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (66KB, 699x1981px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy brainstorming.png
66KB, 699x1981px
This talk about Selenium gave me a perfect excuse to not work on my fic and dick around on Excel.

Here are the ideas thrown around for the elements discussed but not yet settled in the canon. Feel free to discuss, suggest or criticize.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (67KB, 722x1981px) Image search: [Google]
67KB, 722x1981px
>>2010320

Whoops, botched Sb.
>>
>>2010091
>I'd view it more as belonging to the board.
Flonium, at least, has disclaimed characters and ideas and concepts, but legally he still owns his specific writings.

Considering flonium's usual attitude about being "the canon", I doubt he'd be particularly litigous.
>>
>>2010323
Wasn't Arsenic a bit more than pest control? I vaguely remember some stuff about Thallium and Arsenic bonding over pesticides but I thought it was more than that.
>>
>>2010323

Vanadium could be a masseuse for the same reasons she could be a therapist. With her playful personality she could be the source of the ever-so-timeless "is my partner being stolen by the masseuse?" conflict/jealousy.
>>
>>2010454

I don't member, but these are still ideas, you can suggests new ones.

Originally Arsenic was supposed to be Co's BFF, but the role eventually went to Sm.
>>
>>2010323
>Travel about
>Meet and help people
And now I'm picturing Oxygen as a genderflipped Yusuke Godai.

Right down to the thumbs-up.
>>
>>2010323
So are HO from ancient money?
>>2010669
She could still be, though maybe they fell out of touch.

Either way it seems like Arsenic might requires a touch of research or two.
>>
>>2010735
>Right down to the thumbs-up.

I am unilaterally declaring this as canon.

>>2010773
>So are HO from ancient money?

H might be as ancient money as it gets, more so than Gold, but much less obvious.

>She could still be, though maybe they fell out of touch.

Co needed a close childhood friend, and the first though was As but Sm made much more sense.

She could still know Co, but I see her as a somewhat isolated part of the cast. She can be the sort of person who has a scary job, excels at it and even enjoys the uneasiness she inspires to the high society. She enjoys a simple life, is good humored and know how to scare people.
>>
I'll probably update Carbon's profile after work today, so people can stop being worried about that

>>2010735
between /sgg/, my coworkers, and now apparently this thread, I'll have to get around to watching Kamen Rider eventually
>>
Is there an incestual couple? Any /ll/?
>>
>>2011179
Nothing yet, for incest outside of SiC.
I know for a fact that /ll/ is kind of prevalent but it's more of a case of late teen/woman approaching her forties.
>>
>>2011182
>late teen/woman approaching her forties
That's pretty good.

Could also do both at the same time.
>>
>>2011187
>both at the same time
That's probably a bit harder to pull off unless it's LiK though I think K is kind of set aside for a different couple. Only other way I could think of it possibly slipping in as both would be either the gases or say Ytterbium with Yttrium

There could be a case of incestuous cousins/sisters if MnMg gets paired up. If MnMg (as sisters) get paired their ages work against each other unless their half sisters or something to explain why they aren't aware of each other. Cousins work better for that.

That said it seems that the largest age gap is 13 in regards to CuZn.
>>
>>2011197
Well, I don't know the first thing about elements. All I know is that mother/daughter is the best.

Where are you getting this information from? I don't see anything about Copper or anything in the bios section licked above.
>>
>>2011207
Make that linked above. Freudian slip.
>>
>>2011207
See >>2007435
However, yeah I don't think they'll be a mother/daughter pair unless somehow Primae Materia is an actual person that is Mercury's mother but that won't happen. I suppose there could be a case with the fantasy metals but even then it'll never be a focus.

CuZn, specifically, is "recent" in that it's really only been talked about in the threads and referenced in one of Flonium's oneshots.
>>
>>2011212
Ah, okay. It seems like there are a lot left on the chart. It's not going to extend past metals though, right?
>>
>>2011217
Not readily though it might eventually. H and O is getting development since an idea was tossed around that fit them pretty good.
>>
>>2011218
Imagine it, with all the elements there will be enough for every kind of couple. Why stop?
>>
>>2011179
>Is there an incestual couple?

There had been SiC, but in the past.

I also toyed with the idea of RbCs who are cousins but haven't had the opportunity to go back to the alkalis since the profiles.

>Any /ll/?

As it stands the biggest age gaps are between adults, CuZn is 13 years (20 to 33) and NbZr is 12 years (29 to 42). The biggest age gap in the setting was ZrB which was 21 years (20 to 41).

>>2011207
>All I know is that mother/daughter is the best.

That's hard because nearly all the mother/daughters are already paired with other elements, only ones that aren't are LiK, and I really don't see that one working.

I think your best bet would be the diatomics that haven't been talking about.

>>2011217
>It seems like there are a lot left on the chart
>>2011219
>Why stop?

Well if someone has a good idea about an element ("good" as in "fits with the rest of the canon"), we'll run with it, like what an anon said about H and O.
>>
>>2011427
>12 years (29 to 42)

Derp
That's obviously 13 years, like CuZn
>>
>>2010735
So Oxygen is a Kamen Rider?
>>
>>2011503
She's an ally of justice.
>>
>>2011427
How would RbCs work?
>>
>>2011517
No details, just a passing idea based on the fact that Rb and Cs are both shut-ins that mainly interact with each other.

Also wondered about what to do with Fr but by that time I was already writing other stuff.
>>
>>2011503
>>2010735
>>2011507
30% Maryelle from Log Horizon
20% Araragi Karen from Monogatari
20% Tomoe Mami from Madoka
15% Yusuke Godai
10% Takasu Yasuko from Toradora
5% Prisma Ilya's Bazett (the random job parts)
>>
Praseodymium could be a politician/movement leader due to the fact it's ductile, malleable, magnetic, and is used in ferrocerium firesteel (referencing a their inflammatory capabilities).

Maybe there could be some kind of affair with Nickel that winds up getting Pr disgraced and shunned (referring to their alloys' extreme magnetocaloric property).
>>
>>2011526
>Praseodymium could be a politician/movement leader

She could be the city's mayor.
>>
>>2011526
Interesting thought, it'd probably have to be before Nickel fully gets with Chromium unless everyone's fine with a bit of drama that would entail if NiCr was together.
>>
>>2011523
>20% Tomoe Mami from Madoka
Is it the loli lusting part where she often sleeps with Hydrogen and her numerous little sisters?
>>
>>2011530
Yes, and the cake/blushing/busty parts.
>>
>>2011523
>>2011531

Could you expand on what parts of what characters you give to O.
>>
>>2010323

If Vanadium is being paired with Titanium then she should be a therapist, since vanadium stabilizes the beta form of titanium in order to increase it's strength.
>>
>>2011542
That was one of the suggested things, I think someone also suggested a masseuse which might fit her looks better.
>>
Do Thallium or Polonium have any familial relation to another element?
>>
>>2011535
From Maryelle, the over-the-top affection towards everyone she meets, general upbeat attitude and concern towards others. From Yusuke the sense of justice and being a hero, but from Karen the more childish/naiev sense of justice, helping the weak and being "cool" in a frequently dorky or endearing fashion. From Mami, the onee-san/motherly protective instinct, bust, penchant for molesting and giving advice to cute girls, and enjoyment of the finer/softer things in life. From Yusuke the afformentioned justice, carefree world traveling and thumbs up. From Yasuko a dash of air-headedness and lack of self-conciousness. From Bazett the showing up doing random part-time/bizarre jobs.
>>
>>2011547

Not at the moment, do you suggest something?
>>
>>2011545

She should totally be a masseuse; none of the occupations currently suggested (for anyone) have the potential to create as much sexual tension.
>>
>>2011549
Well I was thinking upon the earlier conversation about incestuous couples in the thread and I was trying to possibly think of some undeveloped metal elements that could give the leeway for a motherxdaughter or auntxniece pairing.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but what if it Thallium and Polonium were one of the pairs? Incestuous pairs that is.

Unfortunately there's not much to my suggestion outside of Thallium being the daughter/niece to work with her possibly being Arsenic's apprentice and the reason for them being family is their extreme toxicity and row placement. I also kind of lack a plausible explanation to explain why they'd be attracted to each other though I'm sure I could think up one or two.

Thinking further on it, slightly, Thallium could be the mother with a bit of rearranging to reference how she's earlier in the table than Polonium though that'd probably make Tl Arsenic's colleage or mentor in that case.

In any case, I was asking to see how plausible it'd be for them if that was open to be discussed.
>>
>>2011552
I like where you're going with this, specifically the latter. "Silvery-white" fits the milf role.
>>
>>2011552

As it stands Thallium lived as a farmer girl before going to the city, so we could make Polonium the aunt she's living with.
>>
>>2011645
Interesting idea.
>>
>>2011608
Silvery-white is unfortunately common among a lot of the metals so it's something that should be used sparingly.

>>2011645
Fair enough, it'd be interesting to see if she knew about this Aunt Po from a young age.

Speaking of which, maybe Po could have some vocation associated with generator maintenance and installation or maybe something more delicate dealing with the fact that Polonium is used in photographic plates, textile mills, paper rolls, sheet plastics, and on substrates prior to coating applications. Well that and her age could factor into why she isn't doing a lot with thermoelectric generators.
>>
>>2011900
She should smoke, too.
>>
>>2011940
Actually, I like it better if she used to smoke when she was younger.
>>
>>2011941
Did she move onto cigars as she got older?
>>
>>2011958
Perfect.

It's a rare treat for her.
>>
>>2011960
Like bedding a girl or when a plan comes together, sometimes both.
>>
>>2011962
One results in the other.
>>
>>2011963
Sounds a bit like a heart-breaker. Is there anyone who can tame such a veteran?
>>
>>2011965
Her sweet and innocent niece, Thallium.
>>
>>2011968
>Thallium
>innocent
We all like to have some preconceived notions Po, but come on. She's far from innocent. She probably got it from your sister.
>>
>>2011972
She's as innocent as can be! You know what they say about country grown vegetables.
>>
>>2011973
That they're deceptively benign? Po would probably know all about them possibly being one herself. Either way I can't help but imagine Thallium has a borderline goth kid depending when she began to live with her aunt.
>>
>>2012007
I might be stereotyping, but I imagined a bubbly country girl right off the bat. Not with an accent or anything, or Amish, but pretty lighthearted. As a counterpoint to the smoldering maturity of her aunt.

She could be reserved and shy as well, depending on when she moved, like you mentioned.

Why did she move in the first place? To go to a better high school in the city?
>>
>>2012025
Definitely school opportunities most likely, it could be a death(Tl's mom) in the family or something if she was to know her aunt earlier. Say around 12 or so and didn't really get a crush until the beginning of high school perhaps.
>>
>>2012032
School seems best. Po thought she was cute from the beginning.
>>
>>2012036
It also depends on how well she knows her aunt. Tl's mom might not have kept the best contact with her sister and Polonium might have originally been as nervous as Tl had been when it finally happened.
>>
>>2012044
Oh, I'm sure she was. When she first moved in Po just hid it behind an air of aloof confidence. Tl's refreshing youth and purity or whatever eventually broke down the walls she had built up over the years.

They probably hadn't seen much of each other at all before this.
>>
>>2012056
Nothing too dramatic, I'll add.
>>
>>2012056
Sounds decent enough, though the bigger question now is: does Tl's mom and Po's sister stay nameless or is she a metal like say Tellurium or one of the gases?

I wanna say she stays nameless so there could be a bit of angst right when they were about to reveal they were seeing each other the nameless mom could pass away in an accident or something.
>>
>>2012069
I agree, she should stay nameless for now.
>>
>>2012072
Well with that settled, how old should year zero Tl and Po be? I wanna say Tl's nearing the end of highschool or something where the Arsenic apprenticeship could lead to her going into uni easily or perhaps causing her to graduate early.

For Po I'm feeling 38~45 after all she is the eldest sister.
>>
>>2012087
In her second year, maybe? That seems about right. It's not too early to be thinking about the future either, while still leaving time for their relationship to develop.

Yeah, early to mid forties for Po is spot on.
>>
>>2012091
I figured third year for Tl but either works. It'd also put her in the same year as Steel, and Terne.
>>
>>2012113
All things considered, I prefer second right now.
>>
Don't forget that as it stands, To went to the city because country life bored her.

I'd say she more or less left without a plan and ended up crashing at Po's, like supposedly temporarily, and hept doing smal jobs. And it was Po who found her an opportunity at being As' apprentice, because she wanted to help her niece who was all grown up.
>>
>>2012177
>I'd say she more or less left without a plan and ended up crashing at Po's, like supposedly temporarily, and hept doing smal jobs. And it was Po who found her an opportunity at being As' apprentice, because she wanted to help her niece who was all grown up.

That makes the whole romance between them sound more like Tl thinks she is repaying Po; at least that's the way it sounds to me.
>>
>>2012181

That can be avoided in the writing, especially if Po has a history of being selfless with TL.
>>
>>2012177
Sounds like she'd be just out of high school then.
>>
>>2012188

More or less, I always saw her at around K's age.
>>
>>2012091
>Yeah, early to mid forties for Po is spot on.

What would be Po's job?
>>
>>2012253
See the bottom part of >>2011900's post.

Though if you wanna make it vague, she could just work for the city's energy department.
>>
>>2012253

Based on her use in the printing press she could also be a writer.
>>
>>2012256
>>2012257

Given her age, she could be the supervisor of the city's electric grid or some sort of higher up in the energy department.

And she's a writer on the side.
>>
>>2012266
Sure, I could see her position as a result of her climbing the ladder depending on her history while the writing could be a result of whatever.
Though those coupled together give the feeling she's definitely out of her thirties.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (77KB, 722x2261px) Image search: [Google]
77KB, 722x2261px
>>2012270

Alright, updated discussion chart.
>>
>>2012272
Would you mind putting the abbreviations/periodic table designations under the names?
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (78KB, 722x2261px) Image search: [Google]
78KB, 722x2261px
>>2012275
>Would you mind

Nope
>>
>>2012276
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>2009307
>taking fic or profile requests for after.
If you're still taking them, could I request Po's profile?
>>
>>2012320
>If you're still taking them

I write what the thread wants to read, so you can always add something to my writing backlog, that's what I'm here for.

Po's profile, got it.
>>
>>2012323
Delightful thanks, though I'm curious if TlPo will be together or be on the verge of getting together during year zero.
>>
>>2012327
>I'm curious if TlPo will be together or be on the verge of getting together during year zero.

Well if the thread wants to discuss to matter (that and both Po and Tl's precise age) while I finish my current fic, I'd be happy to write the decision in the profile.
>>
>>2012335
In that case, I'd like to put forth the suggestion that Polonium is 40 going onto 41 while Tl just turned 20.

As for if they're actually a couple or getting together; the latter. Maybe something to do with Tl's life going in a good direction and large amounts of confidence caused her to finally act on her crush leading to her taking her aunt out to an event or something as a very subtle pseudo date to see if there would be any vibes from Po.

Also maybe Tl got more than vibes since she never really saw her aunt drunk on wine and ends up getting a kiss right as Po passes out or something. I'm sure some other anons might have a better idea.
>>
>>2012181
>>2012181
>>2012188
>>2012195
Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This goes against everything I thought about them and the whole concept I liked about it.
>>
>>2012355
>the whole concept I liked about it.

Wasn't the concept supposed to be Tl being in an incestuous relationship with Po?
>>
>>2012357
As the person who originally asked about it, yes. Also as important, though, is the age gap. Every other couple in the series with one already has the youngest member in their 20s, shortening it. Now this one would be just like the others.

Furthermore, her moving for school makes the most sense in every possible way that anything else would seem contrived and unrealistic. At least for how I was imagining them last night.

Both of their characters kind of hinge on that dynamic.

Young teen girl + ara ara milf, come on.
>>
>>2012361
>Furthermore, her moving for school makes the most sense in every possible way that anything else would seem contrived and unrealistic. At least for how I was imagining them last night.

The thing is, her reason for moving is already more or less stated in canon, although a simple workaround is that she simple dropped out of school.
>>
>>2012361
I think the big issue is more on Thallium's part. I certainly have no issue with her being younger and in high school. She's going to have the most "stable" age gap either way since Po will most likely be in her forties.

School and boredom could still be the reason why she moved into her aunt's place, especially if she was raised to peruse challenges and what she thought would make her happy. Leading to the whole school change possibly being from her expressing academic boredom to her nameless parent(s)
>>
>>2012362
I got the feeling Thallium's reason to move was rather flimsy and more of an excuse to just have a connection to Arsenic at the time, especially since they were both under developed at the time.
>>
>>2012362
What? Could you elaborate?

Can't it just be changed?

>>2012363
That works. Whatever her feelings on it, "this highschool is the best opportunity, is in the city where your aunt lives, so you can stay with her" is really all that's needed. She'd be around 13 when she moved and 15~ when their relationship blooms, at least ideally.

I still like the idea that her (single?) mother falls ill or something soon after they become a couple. That could also be another reason she sent her daughter away: she knew it was going to happen and didn't want her to see the intensive treatment. They manage to tell her before she passes away, and tearfully receive her blessing.

Yeah, dramatic.
>>
>>2012366
>Can't it just be changed?

I'm not big in changed it because it also ties with Potassium's story;

Thallium is an important support for Potassium who just ran away from home, and it's Potassium's determination who inspires Thallium to go do her thing.

Details can be changed, but I'd rather keep the core of it.
>>
>>2012367
She can be still be inspired to leave home in general under a normal context. That doesn't need to change. She just goes about it differently.
>>
>>2012369
To elaborate, any reservations she had about the idea of moving would be steeled (lol) by the actions of her friend and she gains a little confidence.
>>
>>2012365

Actually, Tl was tied with K first, it's when it was established that she moved in the city that tying her with As became a opportunity.

>>2012369
>She just goes about it differently.

That's what I see a "datils can be changed"

>>2012370

Well that's exactly what it was supposed to be; she was reserved about leaving, but seeing Potassium make it gave her the needed confidence.
>>
>>2012369
>>2012370
Only downside might be that she's aged up a little, sounds like a year or two, unless her parent(s) had some relation with Phosphorus
>>
>>2012372
>Tl was tied with K first
You're right, it's been so long since I looked at K.
>>
>>2012372
So, that's fine and all. The Arsenic connection doesn't need to be stressed as heavily either, for now.

>>2012373
Why is that?
>>
>>2012372

Or we could ditch Tl's connection with As altogether and reference Th's use for glass and electronics, both applications involving P's waifu S (at this point P and S are in a mid-distance relationship).
>>
>>2012380

Meant for >>2012376
>>
>>2012376
>Why is that?
Trying to keep the notion of a young Thallium in mind, but it's kind of odd to imagining her being a preteen/teen and working at P's farm with no discernible reason. Still the thought gave credence to her helping K get accustomed to farm life since a younger person might be more willing to extend a hand to a 'stranger'
>>
>>2012385
>it's kind of odd to imagining her being a preteen/teen and working at P's farm with no discernible reason.

She doesn't need to work for P specifically, she can live in the farm nearby P's.
>>
>>2012386
Reasonable enough, it seemed as if the important thing was K influencing her and Tl helping K get accustomed.
>>
>>2012380
That's possible, assuming I'm following you right.

>>2012385
Oh, I see. I thought she just grew up on her own farm. Still, there's no reason what you said can't still be the case. What you said about her willingness to help is very true.

Her working there could have just been a non-intensive part time thing. That's not uncommon for younger people to do. They can be neighbors. I like that.
>>
>>2012387
As long as she's around enough for that to happen, it works.
>>
Right, so here's what I'm proposing.

Tl is a neighbour of P

3 years before year zero, K runs from home and go work for P

She meets Tl and they become friends.

Tl, who had aspirations beyond the country life, is inspired by K's example and moves to the city at her aunt Po's place.

Still up in the air: how old is Tl? And who actually pursued the other?
>>
>>2012396
>How old is Tl
I'm feeling 13 for when K first moves to the countryside. So probably 16 by the time year zero comes.
>who goes after who
Outside of Po possibly being super affectionate when drunk on wine, and just maybe a bit handsy, I like the idea that Tl gained a bit of an older woman kink because of all the time she spent around K and P. Obviously being a bit of the foundation to her crush on aunt Po.

Maybe there's a night or something where Po hits it pretty hard and drunkenly accuses her niece of crushing on her, because they hug and cuddle so much or something, and asking why Tl would like an old hag like herself.
>>
>>2012396
15 for Tl.

At first, Po thought she was cute but assumed she wouldn't act on it as her guardian, while Tl also grew a strong crush on her. That being the case, Tl probably initiated it at first. Po was receptive.
>>
>>2012403

If she's 16 at year zero, does that mean she's already going out with Po?
>>
>>2012418
Yeah, she would be.

Whether she's 15 or 16.
>>
While doing research for Po's profile, I got an idea about Tl's mother;

How about Radon (Rn)? Rn doesn't have many applications so she could fit nicely in here, like she chronically ill (like Ra but at the time medicine wasn't as advanced) and needed to move to the countryside for her health.

however I'm not big with her being in life-thretening condition
>>
>>2012691
Her condition could worsen shortly after the time Po and Tl get together, but there's no reason she can't recover after they confess to her, if they do. That's actually better. I think.
>>
>>2012700
That's actually much better, I think*
>>
>>2012700

But why would we need Tl's condition to worsen, especially if it just gets better afterwards anyway?
>>
>>2012706

*Tl's mother condition
>>
>>2012706
>>2012708
So they have an impetus to confess to her as well as to serve as the climax of their first dramatic arc.
>>
>>2012709
Note: The confession isn't necessary and it still works.
>>
The more I think about it, the more I agree that it isn't really necessary for her condition to worsen at all. Hmmm.
>>
>>2012709

Well I'm not feeling it for two reasons:

First this kind of setup works in properly dramatic works, when the ill person really is passing away; setting it up only for Tl's mother go "hey gurls, got better lol" afterwards makes the whole thing deflate and loose purpose.

The second thing that it wouldn't make Po and Tl's relationship justice; they've together for like a year and it's a relationship that will have lots of challenge to overcome; having them worked everything out in the span of a year, so much that they'll be ready to tell Tl's mom, really stretches the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>2012718
After thinking it over I see your points, and agree. I still think it could be done well, just that it doesn't really need to.
>>
>>2012721

I agree that the telling to Tl's mother should be treated as serious business though, just not like that.
>>
>>2012724
Mhm. That's a while down the road, at any rate.
>>
Right, so no objections about having Rn as Tl's mom?
>>
>>2012729
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>2012731

Good, gathering material for Po's profile, Rn'll be featured alongside Tl and...U

goddamit Ura, stop finding a way in every one of my profiles; you've already had a big profile for yourself and two big fics
>>
>>2012740
How is she going to factor in?
>>
>>2012742

Not heavily (thank god) but she's in the same age bracket as her and it's been hinted in Ra's profile that she had the same sort of ailement, only much less severe.

I'm going for former hospital mate.
>>
>>2012745
Ah, interesting.

Rn is in her mid to late 30s, yeah?
>>
>>2012752

I think I'll go with Po at 41, Rn at 37 and Tl at 16 (all at year zero)
>>
>>2012761
With their relationship already established at this time, right. That sounds good.
>>
>>2012763
Maybe just established to show that they're kind of a new couple or something.
>>
>>2012764

That's the plan, like how NaB is mention in B's profile.
>>
>>2012764
Oh, for sure. This is a recent thing.

To clarify, she's still in her second year of highschool, right?
>>
>>2012767
Ah alright.
>>2012768
Most likely
>>
>>2012768

By year zero, yes.
>>
>>2012769
>>2012770
Okay, cool. Thanks.
>>
How do these characters' ages relate to the established universe? Is it normal-people ages, or longer? Most of these have a feel to it as if the characters can get older than normal humans.
>>
>>2012795
I think they're just normal.
>>
>>2012795

For all intents and purposes, the characters are humans, barring certain details like the radioactives' luminescent blush.
>>
>>2012795
Either or? The oldest one so far is Hg and she's just entering her fifties so take that as you will.
>>2012820
Or W being a drow
>>
>>2012826
>Or W being a drow

Yeah, some metals have impossible colors like Co's blue hair.

And also, if two girls have sex, one of them can get pregnant.
>>
>>2012828
>>2012826
But drow have white hair.
>>
>>2012862
I originally was going to say Duergar or Svirfneblin but W is taller than both of those races so I defaulted to drow.
>>
File: 620762299dc1f1586b3cb06283bd1b22.png (571KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
620762299dc1f1586b3cb06283bd1b22.png
571KB, 1024x768px
>>2012865
I'm pretty sure you just nat 20'd being a dork, nee-san.
>>
>>2012865

I'm actually curious to see what W would actually give in art form, to see if the image in my head actually translates to something.
>>
>>2012873
>see if the image in my head actually translates to something
What does the image look like?
>>
>>2012877

Well, I tried to put it in W's description, but a description is still just text.
>>
>>2012878
Hm, but what does this neck-length hair look like?
>>
File: 1449727479117.png (191KB, 687x645px) Image search: [Google]
1449727479117.png
191KB, 687x645px
>>2012879
I think Vanadium's a pretty good example of that term.
>>
>>2012879

Somewhat messy, with many free strands, something that has a shounen hero vibe to it.
>>
>>2012871
Oh no, my secret's been exposed. Just don't tell anyone that I browse /tg/, fellow ca/tg/irl
>>
>>2012802
>>2012820
Flonium's very first AuAg thing referenced events in like the 1600s though.
>>
>>2012893

Well we'd have to ask flonium how he regards this fic, as the PbSn and CuPt one are definitely in a modern setting.
>>
>>2012896
>>2012893
The early assumption was that they're immortal, since gold and silver have been around and in use for thousands of years.

But copper is also "young" and others equally young, so it's hard to say.
>>
>>2012899
Wouldn't it be best to have them just age normally at this point?
>>
>>2012903
Maybe, yeah.
>>2012893
I think that had more to do with the lack of any sort of foundation so Flonium used something from history and built around it. Then the threads built onto it and made it more of a modern setting.
>>
>>2012906
The way it appears now, none of this comes up. It seems safe to say it's transitioned away from that.
>>
>>2012903
I vote against normal aging. Because the immortal thing means you can set stuff in modern day and historically.
>>
>>2012912
I definitely don't, not that it should be up for debate. It totally recasts the context of every single character and relationship. Everything I've seen or read so far doesn't account for it, and runs opposite against it, as far as I can tell. If you'd like that, couldn't it just be an alternate story?
>>
>>2012915

There's that, and the fact that many metals only have relevance in a modern setting.
>>
>>2012915
I suppose.
>>
>>2012931
Don't get me wrong, a separate, historical continuity would be cool. You could play up the alchemical themes.
>>
Added Mo and Si to Carbon's profile, I think that's the big ones we have so far.

>>2012896
>Well we'd have to ask flonium how he regards this fic
I don't cling to a hard and rigid notion of "the canon" for this, as I might have suggested a few times before. There's a general notion of relationships and concepts, but I don't have a timeline of which of my fics fit together when and where.

For character-driven things, I use a modern setting because it's simplest and most relatable; as >>2012915 says, you throw a lot out the window with more overtly supernatural characters.

For more /sci/ or /his/-driven things, I use the appropriate setting. I'll probably do some more "historical" ones as time comes and goes, like mercury's role in Roman armour decoration, or the aluminium tip of the Washington monument. (Even the Flint one, which is definitely modern, has some vaguely supernatural implications in Lead's dialogue, though I kept it vague.)

Feel free to view them as AU if you prefer a modern setting.
>>
>>2012939
>Added Mo and Si to Carbon's profile
Those were definitely the more developed ones compared to Mn, who was used in Fe's profile and comes across as a harsher Zinc in that.

All in all the update's good.
>>
>>2012939
>I don't cling to a hard and rigid notion of "the canon" for this
>I don't have a timeline of which of my fics fit together when and where.
No offense intended but that's kind of a non-answer...
>>
>>2012945
>kind of a non-answer
It's explicitly a non-answer, and that's deliberate. As far as I'm concerned, there's not much gained from an answer.

If someone wants to write a Metall/u/rgy thing a certain way, then I'm in favour of them doing so. If they want to do it a different way, I'm in favour of that just as much. There's no reason that I should decree one way or the other just because I wrote something first.

To me, content is more important than canonicity. We have a lot of material to work with; why narrow ourselves down arbitrarily? If someone wants to write more CuPt or some CuTi, that's cool. I'm cool with that.
>>
>>2012934
Makes sense. It's not like we can't do both.
>>
Just a quick thing I wanted to add before it's too late: Po should probably be "graying" (or "greying"), not having completely gray hair but just little areas (or strands) of it.
>>
>>2012961
Just a touch.

Despite her sophistication, I imagine her behaving fairly youthful. She's aged well.
>>
>>2012968
>>2012961
I kind of imagined that she definitely shows her age from whatever work she does/did before being a supervisor but maybe not so much in her hair. Kind of like how I imagine Mercury.
>>
>>2012968
>Despite her sophistication, I imagine her behaving fairly youthful. She's aged well.

I imagine her "graying" hair to be like Helen Mirren's back when she was "graying"; you can largely see her natural color, but the gray is still pretty visible (which I personally don't view as unattractive). Her personality wouldn't factor into that, I just think it would be a nice way to show her relative age.
>>
>>2012961
>>2012982

What would Po's natural hair color be anyway?
>>
>>2012981
>>2012982
I guess this would be a good time to post what I've been imagining.

Sort of like this, with lighter, longer and more wavy hair (less poof) and very slightly more mature features like smaller eyes. Nothing too dramatic at all.

The grey hair would be an errant strand or so.
>>
>>2012988
I'd go with black. Nice, and austere for the image that's being painted for her at her age. Also commonly seen to fit with whatever she might've done in her youth that was probably more in line with coming from a blue collar family.
>>
>>2012992

I'm happy as long as it's prominent, or at the very least visible enough to where I won't need to use the zoom feature to find it. Either way it's just a little tidbit that I thought would be a cool way of showing her age through her visual design. I'm not trying to be bossy if that's the way i'm coming across since I can't draw at all.
>>
>>2012992
I would hope that Po has more of a figure.
>>
>>2012998
That's okay, I can't draw either. I think it'd be best kept subtle, which isn't to say it shouldn't be there at all.

>>2013001
That is true.
>>
File: f0ec6e5831474f79cfcf6e1aecbdfb34.jpg (514KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
f0ec6e5831474f79cfcf6e1aecbdfb34.jpg
514KB, 1200x825px
>>2012992
The talk about Po smoking cigars ended up putting the idea that she looks kind of similar to Balalaika. Just without the extra coat, or scars, and different hair.
>>
I was thinking that germanium could be a director or a photographer based on it's use in wide-angle camera lenses.
>>
>>2012939
>Added Mo and Si to Carbon's profile, I think that's the big ones we have so far.

Would you be up to put the drawfriend's illustration on her profile?
>>
File: W.png (251KB, 786x891px) Image search: [Google]
W.png
251KB, 786x891px
Like this?
>>
>>2013172

Looks rad, although I saw the hair shorter and messier, let me find a reference image of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>2013172

That's pretty badass. I think it kinda suits the personality.
>>
>>2013172
You're pretty good. I can just see her looking good in a beret.
>>
File: 0RhgGW7B.png (173KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
0RhgGW7B.png
173KB, 409x409px
>>2013173

So Heart Aino from Arcana heart is close that what I had in mind, with more free strands and minus the heart-shaped ahoge.
>>
File: W2.png (260KB, 786x891px) Image search: [Google]
W2.png
260KB, 786x891px
>>2013178
Replace file in previous post feature when.
>>
>>2013187

Oh yeah, that's the ticket, only thing would be the strands over the forehead to be more pointy like the others.
>>
File: W2.png (264KB, 786x891px) Image search: [Google]
W2.png
264KB, 786x891px
>>2013188
>>
>>2013189

P E R F E C T I O N

You're awesome!
>>
>>2013189
Dunno, I kinda like it better with the cut bangs.
>>
>>2013189

Updated the profile.

If you're up to gradually draw the others metals, that would be awesome.
>>
>>2013189
Damn now I want a picture of her in a tracksuit squatting next to a tank or something.
>>
>>2013157

Silicon is already involved in electronics with Si, however since Si's company also makes glass, Ge is most likely involved with that as well.
>>
>>2013106
Okay, I can seriously get behind this. Integra too.
>>
>>2013204
Maybe hints of them in her personality.
>>
>>2013212
That's fun. She is an ex-womanizer after all.

Now I'm imagining a mix of all three of them, visually. I'd like to see her in a suit, and I think TI would too. Ties are made for pulling.
>>
>>2013216
>all three of them
Who's the third one?
>>
>>2013218
Her >>2012992
>>
>>2013221
Ah well as long as she has a good fit milf figure I'd be happy.
>>
>>2013222
100%. No question about it.
>>
>>2013203

I just get the feeling that there should be some creative jobs or some that offer luxurious services; Radium has the only inherently creative occupation since she is a painter. I just get the feeling that having so many industry based jobs seems excessive.
>>
>>2013224
I was thinking the same thing myself.
>>
>>2013224
Maybe photography is her hobby or something, mentions to the wifey that she's always thought about tryin to be professional which leads to Si pushing her to actually be a professional photographer.
would also probably help their relationship grow.
>>
>>2013224
>Radium has the only inherently creative occupation

Cobalt too, I'm also imagining Chromium as some sort of graphist/designer.
>>
>>2013230

An artisan isn't necessarily an inherently creative job; they're simply a worker in a skilled trade.
>>
>>2013233

She creates her own crafts from scratch, that's pretty creative.
>>
>>2013234

Oh, so she creates decorative things, I was unaware since it's a pretty vague term: for example artisans (who in this case acted more like engineers, but I digress) built the aqueducts which were made to be functional not look pretty.
>>
>>2013224

Speaking of luxuries; if a personal trainer is considered a luxury then ruthenium could be one since it's used to make some alloy's more wear-resistant.
>>
>>2013239

Well, maybe artisan is not the right word, but it's to only one I found; don't know if "crafter" actually means something.
>>
>>2013248

Based on the definition of a sculpture (at least the one google gave me) she could be called a sculptor.
>>
>>2013251

It's only marginally sculpture, for the most part, it's crafts, tableware, decorations, mainly out of glass and metal.
>>
>>2013260

Ah, I see; granted I was being a bit dickish, but it's still nice to have a bit more information on what exactly cobalt does for a living.
>>
>>2013269

Profiles give a general idea of the various aspects of a character while fics go in much more specific details.

Cobalt was made an artisan to bring variety in a cast dominated (at the time even more) by industrial tycoons; only Tin was a creative character.
>>
>>2013224

>>2013230
>>2013230
>>2010601
>>2013240
A personal trainer is definitely a luxury.

These seem like a few good ways to add more diversity to the workforce. Although I have to ask: would the masseuse and personal trainer (maybe radium if she makes portraits for people; though i'm not sure how strong her constitution is since she takes precautions before going outside) only work for/with the people that their real-life counterparts are used with, or is that something that can be shown leniency?
>>
>>2013565
That can probably be shown leniency considering their age and probably how long they've been doing their profession.
>>
What about elements that are named for the country they were discovered in? Should they be originally from there before they moved to wherever the current setting is? For example Ruthenium is Latin for Russia. So would she be from Russia?
>>
>>2013573

Would Russia even exist?
>>
>>2013573
Keep it vague, vague is always best. Just like the nameless city and countryside it takes place in. Also that's really getting too caught up in the details. If you really wanna stress it you can just say she's a foreigner or something. For Germanium, it could be a case of her grandmother or something if it must be included but that seems like a bit much all things considered.
>>
>>2013614

Yeah, I guess I was overthinking it a bit.
>>
>>2012276

Selenium could make stained glass for a living. Maybe some of the other elements that also change the colors of glass and enamels, but haven't been explored yet could work with her.
>>
What were these pairings based off of? Did I miss something? (Or was it just down to whatever people came up with? Any clarification would be helpful.)
>>
>>2013647
Lurk in the thread and you might pick up your answer.
You also missed so much man, like you have no idea.
>>
Thanks for the response, I read up on a bit, (not the background fiction) and I'll admit it was a quick scan. (Don't know how to do actual replies, long-time 4chan lurker, never posted before.)
>>
>>2013647
>What were these pairings based off of?

Which ones, specifically?

>Did I miss something?

Oh yes, it's like the fifth thread we have (sadly the archive is dead), but it's never too late to dive into the wonderful world of lesbian chemistry.
>>
Well, with a BS in Chemistry, I love it, I think we'd have more Chemistry majors if this was a bigger thing. But in terms of pairings, the Na/B one confuses me, so I was curious as to why and if there was a chemical reason behind it or if it was just a choice someone made.
>>
>>2013674
>the Na/B one confuses me

Because Borax, mainly.

It also has good story potential.
>>
Ah, I gotcha, I can see that I guess. We used to use Mercury and Sodium to make a highly-reactive amalgam for certain syntheses, but I suppose it's easy to make any number of pairings in the diverse world of Chemistry.
>>
>>2013674
Both kind of? The reasoning can be seen in the previous thread that's linked in the OP. Though I feel like the notion about when Na and B start doing sexy times could be changed to be earlier since the law is probably vague in the setting.

If I remember right, NaB was favored because of all the combinations and how sodium's in a lot of borate minerals
>>
>>2013654
Click the post number to reply to it.
>>
>>2013681
>Worrying about the law for fictional characters

Na convincing B to do things she shouldn't is half the fun.
>>
>>2013682
Oh hey, that's super useful, thanks for letting me know that.
>>
>>2013684
Boron's a super cool element on its own. (Not really directly related, but it totally is.) Check out dodecaborate.
>>
>>2013685
Read the FAQ for more on the intricacies of posting. I still refer to it from time to time.
>>
>>2013685
Welcome to /u/. Enjoy your stay and remember to take the goggles that were given to you at the entrance off from time to time.
>>
>>2013684

Well it's not like K needs to know to whole story.
>>
Also, it looks like the amount of written material is much larger than the number of images. Am I missing something or is that the actual case?
>>
>>2013680
>I suppose it's easy to make any number of pairings in the diverse world of Chemistry.

Yeah, RL chemistry give us the options, world building and story potential help us choose between those options.
>>
>>2013692

That's because we have two writers but one drawfriend.

And I guess the art he gives us take some time to make.
>>
>>2013695
Ah, gotcha, makes sense. It seems like nobody has used any of the noble gases, that's surprising.
>>
>>2013697

For some time, discussion about diatomic non metals and rare gazes was avoided because it was seen as difficult to make it work with the established setting.

One day however, an anon showed up with some really good ideas that kind of opened up the rest of the table.

And the first noble gaz to make its debut in the setting is, of all things, Rn.

Now this is a collaborative project, so if you have ideas about some elements, they're very welcome.
>>
>>2013700
Huh, well, I'll mull it over, but I guess I probably don't know enough about the current situation to weigh in yet. I'll have to read over what people have written before I try to put anything forward.
>>
>>2013702
The profiles would probably help then since that's most of it aside from the vague idea image.
>>
>>2013702

One idea about noble gazes is that they're prudes since they're not reactive, but that's as far as the discussion went.

I'd advise to read the fics and profiles, the table at the top of the thread shows what had been mentioned and to what extend.

And you're free to ask questions since we're basically past the bump limit (the thread had 60 replies when I left work friday, what happened?)
>>
>>2013696
No, most of them are like 30-60 minutes at the most. I'm just lazy.
>>
>>2013705
Just to weigh in, the art is fantastic.
>>
>>2013705

They're still great.
>>
>>2013708
>>2013711
Thanks. Still wish we had more drawfags though, if for no other reason than it'd be nice to have a variety of styles and character designs from more than one person.
>>
Nitrogen could be an animal rights advocate/activist; referencing it's connections to organisms and the fact that she can be cold (as in liquid nitrogen) towards people who violate those rights.
>>
>>2013747
I always thought of N as a generally aloof and introverted person as Nitrogen is nowhere near as reactive as O.

Also O and N could be sisters and H is in a polyamorous relationship with both of them.
>>
>>2013750
>polyamorous
Gross.
>>
>>2013752

H needs comfort when O is out travelling the world.
>>
>>2013747
>>2013750
Maybe cousins instead. Perhaps the more successful cousin since she makes up a large part of Earth's atmosphere. Maybe she's an airline magnate or something for her success.
>>
>>2013752
Please allow for one of those. Rare enough as it is, I'm all for it. So few OT3 anywhere...
>>
>>2013762
There was talk about an ot3 involving her and O. I believe it was H2O where it was H and one of her little sisters.
>>
>>2013762

HON is the OT3 that makes the most sense.
>>
>>2013765

The problem with these sort of "sisters" is that it adds even more characters for little gain (I'd even call it detrimental).
>>
>>2013769
True and it's pretty much a joke about Deuterium, Tritium and the like.
>>
>>2013766
Is HON an actual combination?
>>
>>2013798

Don't think so, It's more often HO or NH, that's why I thought of an OT3 with H as the center.
>>
>>2013805
Reasonable enough, though I think N would have to be developed more before it happens.
>>
So would it be an ass pull to say that there's some thin as fuck connection between Radon and Radium?
>>
>>2013825

Short of rewritting Ra or Rn, that'd be complicated.

I'm actually in favor of completely rewritting Rn, even if I was the one to suggest Rn as Tl's mom
>>
>>2013805
>>2013798
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_hydroxide

> It's more often HO or NH, that's why I thought of an OT3 with H as the center.
If you're going to do it, make an equal triangle. Two girls sharing one is pretty terrible unless it's built around a difference of power, like a master with two servants, or an OT3 involving incestuous twins.
>>
>>2013832
It could still work, I thought up this big twisty road to explain how she's biologically Radium's mother while also being Tl's mother but there's a buncha holes in it.
Namely; how could Rn not know about any of her lovers, however few they may be, wound up pregnant wither her child, who the nameless lover that gave birth to Ra is, and whether or not they should find out about each other in some manner.

Obviously Tl would be had after it considering age differences but it was more to kind of do something similar to Tc and Mo since Radon has history with Radium. Along with Thorium and Actinium but Radium having more importance due to etymology.
>>
>>2013825
Possibly, as far at Uranium is going to be mentioned in connection to Rn because of her illness, as it was mentioned briefly. I'd keep it as thin as that, though, or thinner; not every character needs to know every other or all be involved in the same situation.
>>
>>2013836
>Two girls sharing one is pretty terrible unless it's built around a difference of power, like a master with two servants

It's more based on the fact that O travels a lot, so most of the time, H is with N.

But when O comes home, they have sweet threesomes
>>
>>2013840
Reading the profiles of the characters involved, I really think it's complicated enough already in regards to that set of characters. I feel like it doesn't really add that much to either character either, especially if they don't know and Rn is way out in the country for her health. As little as there is on her, I don't see her as promiscuous at all.
>>
>>2013836
Neat, well I'm in favor of HON being the first ot3
>>
>>2013846
Reasonable enough. Might I suggest then, if a fic ever gets involved where TlPo go to Rn's they see a new picture hung up in the house or something and it's one of Radium's.
>>
>>2013843
Dunno, still seems pretty NTRish, and a pretty bad deal for O.
>>
>>2013849
That would be a nice touch.
>>
>>2013850

It's not NTR if all the parties are willing.

Plus H and O are set to have a very carefree personality.
>>
>>2013854
Plus N's potential apathy/aloofness might allow for her to not stress out and be rather content with their arrangement.
>>
>>2013854
Yeah but that's a bit more than carefree. At that point it's more like H and N are together and they fool around with O when she's in town.

I don't know, imo it sort of defeats the whole idea that their open affection was something entirely non-sexual. Open relationship + overly affectionate puts them nearly back at the original slut status, because if they're already in a pretty open relationship and they're carefree/have no hard feelings about it, what's to stop them from sleeping with whoever comes they happen upon when they're in the mood?
>>
>>2013867

A three-way relationship is not the same as being sluts, just because they're okay with sleeping with two people at the same time doesn't mean they're ready to do that with everyone.
>>
>>2013873
>A three-way relationship is not the same as being sluts
I'd say a three-way relationship with people who are overly affectionate towards everyone they meet is a pretty large step towards doing it more than just the two other people, but putting that aside, the comment is the bigger problem.

It's not really much of a three-way relationship if it's HN and every now and then O stops by for a bit. That's more like a regular relationship that swings.

Seems like a bit of a waste to try and push this on two characters who already have a fairly unique view of relationships/affection, rather than just using some of the unused or not very well discussed elements.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>2013885
>It's not really much of a three-way relationship if it's HN and every now and then O stops by for a bit. That's more like a regular relationship that swings.

It could've started as a three-way relationship before O decided to travel the world.
>>
File: chlorine initial.png (289KB, 731x1280px) Image search: [Google]
chlorine initial.png
289KB, 731x1280px
>>2013712
Okay.

Introducing the new friend
>>
>>2013973
>Dem 60's France vibes

Fitting actually; besides the frenchy name, I can really see Cl as a happy-go lucky pixie girl straight from an old fashioned french movie.
>>
Wouldn't Nitrogen also be pretty big on the whole "world traveller" thing? It's the most abundant element in the atmosphere, it's basically everywhere.
>>
>>2014004

She can have a job related to aviation.
>>
>>2013762
I vote KrFXe for OT3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenon_difluoride
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypton_difluoride
>>
>>2014074
>KrFXe
Pairing (tripling?) literally the thirstiest of all with two really prudish/awkward/generally asexy girls?

I could get behind that.

What's the relationship between the noble gases?

I'd like Xe and Kr to be childhood friends who were attracted to each other but unwilling to make the first move. They both have a run-in with serial ladykiller F, and something something threesomes.
>>
>>2014081
>What's the relationship between the noble gases?

I'd say He and Ne are in an asexual relationship.
>>
>>2014081
>What's the relationship between the noble gases?
There isn't one yet. Do you mean one like the Alkali family or something different?
>>
>>2014074
>Xenon
She better have blue-lavender gradient hair.
>>
>>2014201

Rare gazes should have the color of their high voltage discharge.

He: yellow/orange
Ne: red/orange
Ar: purple
Kr: light blue
Xe: lavender
>>
>>2014074
>>2014081
Hm, I like this. It's not as weird with existing dynamics as HNO and there's not the sort of "odd one out" we get with Oxygen.

Plus the group dynamics are neat. Xe and Kr on their own are a sort of reserved, chaste couple not unlike the laser aces, but F's not only open but flagrant sexuality makes them more comfortable with each other and with F when she is around.
>>
>>2014214
We do need more on Xe and Kr individually though so we can figure out how a XeF duo might differ from a KrF duo if one of those two was gone.
>>
>>2014207
So is Rn's hair just not visible or something?
>>
>>2014216
I think Xenon would be the more outgoing of the two, since it's the one that more readily forms compounds (including XeF2). She'd probably be a photographer, since xenon's used in flashbulbs.
>>
>>2014218

I'd go with white, almost transparent (already did the bald thing with Ra)
>>
>>2014219
Good ideas.
>>
>>2014218
Radon glows red in a discharge tube, but not for long (it decays).

Wiki also claims green, but I can't find a source for that.
>>
File: Glowing_noble_gases.jpg (2MB, 6250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Glowing_noble_gases.jpg
2MB, 6250x1250px
>>2014207
for reference for passing drawfriends
>>
>>2014226

It's hard to find solid info on that, it's also possible that the red color comes from radiation.

>>2014228

He looks way off.
>>
File: Helium_discharge_tube.jpg (1MB, 3008x2008px) Image search: [Google]
Helium_discharge_tube.jpg
1MB, 3008x2008px
>>2014228
Are you sure that's Helium?
>>
File: Neon_discharge_tube.jpg (85KB, 1920x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Neon_discharge_tube.jpg
85KB, 1920x1282px
>>2014231

I also feel that it doesn't give Ne justice.
>>
File: Neon_discharge_tube.jpg (2MB, 3008x2008px) Image search: [Google]
Neon_discharge_tube.jpg
2MB, 3008x2008px
>>2014228
>>2014231
Neon could also be redder. The other three look about right.
>>
>>2014214
>laser aces
I think I missed a joke?
>>
>>2014237
ace is to asexual what gay is to homosexual
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium%E2%80%93neon_laser
>>
>>2014242
I think everyone knows what ace is, no need to describe that.
What would He and Ne even do as an occupation? Outside of lights.
>>
>>2014244
>I think everyone knows what ace is
I knew an ace guy for four years on IRC and I had no idea why he was talking about cards for three of them

Helium is a voice actress.
>>
>>2014245
>Spoilers
Ace of Hearts is best.

VA is definitely a possibility, I kind of figured flight but VA might just be more interesting for the cast. Especially if Neon is something like a main producer of lights or something.
>>
>>2014247
Neon should be a little flashier than that.
>>
On others news, finally finished the CuZn request:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6140293

Now that was one physically painful proofread.
>>
>>2014248
So a pretty rave girl for when she needs to unwind or something? Oh oh, dj perhaps? Her family money, if she has such, could be from lights.
>>
>>2014245
We should at least reference Xenon having a deep, contralto voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_768xTNT84

>>2014253
DJ sounds good.
>>
>>2014257
Maybe something about a husky and deeper than expected voice for Xe. I wonder if there's any examples of a girl's voice.
>>
>>2014244
>ace
I am a different anon, and I have never heard this term before.
>>
>>2014261
>I wonder if there's any examples of a girl's voice.
There's not much of a gender gap with helium, I doubt it's different here.

We don't need to go full Darth Vader, but definitely something noticeably deep.
>>
So should all the gases be related to each other in some manner or should they not be from a most noble and ancient lineage?
>>
>>2014253
>attractive flashy raver DJ

This seems great. Will have to figure out how to make her over the top without crossing into trashy. Maybe something cyberpunk with a bit more flare to it?

If Ne is rave/dj, and He is a voice actress can He be lolita?
>>
>>2014278
I think they're just acquainted. We've just cast the noble metals as "generally well-off" so we can do the same for the gases.
>>
>>2014279
I can't really see loli He.
She has to be the graceful onee-san type to contrast Ne's flamboyance.
>>
>>2014280
Fair enough, I think from what the thread's discussed so far Rn might be the only one that isn't really well-off all things considered.
>>
>>2014283
I meant in the /cgl/ sense, not the age one.
>>
>>2014279
>something cyberpunk with a bit more flare
Like Yoji Biomechanika but without the dreads and stuff or do you mean more like Daft punk in appearance? I don't think there's a lot of djs that build a cyberpunk image.

>>2014286
I'd rather not have that, because aesthetically I see He being more...well, "airy" if you will. Lolita doesn't really strike me as that or even within the same neighborhood as "airy".
>>
>>2014279
>Will have to figure out how to make her over the top without crossing into trashy.
Maybe she dresses eclectically, but not anything particularly revealing or sexualised? Like loose-fitting black pants and an open jacket over a tie-dye shirt, with some streaks of colour in her hair and maybe one crazy earring or something. And sunglasses, definitely sunglasses.
>>
>>2014298
Yeah, it around be best to keep it simple like that.
>>
>>2014288
>I don't think there's a lot of djs that build a cyberpunk image
My understanding is that they tend to go for the minimalist look a lot of the time, which I don't really think suits something as flashy as Ne. So I was imagining a style in between cybergoth (minus the obnoxious hair) and cyberpunk. It's maybe a bit hard to describe.

I apologize for all the links incoming. But examples are probably needed.

I think my initial thought was that while DJing she'd be something like Daft punk, but with more glowing neon accents, more feminine and maybe a not-over-the top gas mask rather than the full helmet (pic related). Like these but with glowing vocaloid-y neon bits.
http://i.imgur.com/RpDzD8p.jpg

And then her every day fashion would be a bit more minimal and subdued style, something like EchoDecay's stuff.
http://echodecay.com/

And then I saw He as a lighter more airy counterpart, in casual lolita to complement the darker more modern fashion Ne wears, and play up the high pitch of her voice (because maybe he had a serious complex about it and was bullied until meeting Ne, who convinced her it was beautiful and wanted her to embrace it as part of her identity?)
http://i.imgur.com/6uTuUHo.jpg

Not trying to push either of these things, just the initial few thoughts I had after reading the asexual relationship and raver/DJ-Seiyuu thing. So I figured I'd share.
>>
File: tumblr_nbdwzoaRWJ1sk1rjvo1_500.jpg (46KB, 477x458px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbdwzoaRWJ1sk1rjvo1_500.jpg
46KB, 477x458px
>>2014313
Every fucking time.
>>
>>2014298
>sunglasses
So aviators or more stylish glasses?
Anything but raybans or hipster glasses. Oh, what if the glasses were similar to Matt Murdoc's in style but the tint is Neon's glowing color as seen earlier in the thread
>>
>>2014306
Would be*
>>
>>2014315
Probably best to link that externally, imouto.
>>
>>2014317
Maybe, alright if it gets deleted I'll relinquish it but I like the idea of Neon always having sunglasses like that. Not from being blind just a more iconic clothing accessory.

>>2014313
I agree with you about Neon's style, but yeah I'm not fond of the overall design with lolita. The colors though are pretty spot on for what I imagined. Maybe a some yellow, pastel red, and lilacs during the warmer seasons.
>>
>>2014315
Neon needs Neo's glasses
>>
>>2014323
Ha those might work better for her dj ensemble.
>>
>>2014323
Hell yes.
>>
>>2014252
Nice, I'll have it edited by the end of the week. Hopefully
>>
>>2014323
>>2014315
Reminder that this is /u/.
>>
>>2014323
Again, external links might be a good idea. /u/ gonna /u/.
>>
>>2014313
Why not something loose and flowing for He?
>>
>>2014340
No reason, like I said, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I thought VA and airy.
>>
>>2007434
Where can I see Zinc's design? It's not in the imgur gallery
>>
>>2014345
Alright, that's fair. I could certainly see Helium probably rocking it and it might be more form fitting if she's rather tall. Which would be somewhat fitting to explain why she's a bit sensitive about her voice.
>>
>>2014350
In the fic, there's no picture for it.
>>
>>2014352
I thought that was "pic". Oh man I feel like a big scrub. Someone should add to that chart if a character has been drawn yet.
>>
So will Xenon and/or Fluorine be cheeki and call Krypton their super girl or maybe a girl with power should something more appropriate come up?
>>
>>2014358
That sounds exactly like something Fluorine would say, since she's the flirt.
>>
Covalent scissoring when?
>>
>>2014374
When the electron sisters get some screen time.
>>
Any ideas for what Krypton could do as an occupation?
>>
>>2014383
She could be the lighting one, since most "neon" lamps are actually krypton (krypton being closer to white, it's easier to make more colourful displays).

Maybe she's the proprietor of whatever club Neon DJs at?
>>
>>2014402
I'm all for the idea of Kr being an owner of a club/some clubs. It could also help explain how she ran into Xe since she'd probably have to promote the opening of one and could hire Xe to take photos that could translate into posters or fliers and the like. Could also help with any sort of online presence her clubs could have.

Also maybe Kr met Neon at a rave or something leading Ne to more stable work.
>>
>>2014402
That'd also make a nice intro for Fluorine, who starts hitting on the lady behind the bar at one of her regular pickup spots.
>>
>>2014354

Characters circled purple have art, hopefully it'll be clearer in the next version of the table.

Although, I'd like if the drawfriend could draw Zn.
>>
>>2014404
I like >>2014081's version where Xe and Kr knew each other for a while, but there's definitely business overlap as well.
>>
>>2014414
I like it, and definitely gives them a way that they could run into Fluorine who is probably a frequent club goer.
>>
>>2014313
>And then her every day fashion would be a bit more minimal and subdued style, something like EchoDecay's stuff.

Is there a name for a style like that?
>>
So if KrXeF is the OT3 and OH stands, who are we pairing N with?
>>
>>2014419
I vote K. Nitrogen compounds, including potassium nitrate, are a huge chunk of fertilisers, which fits in with K's call to agriculture.
>>
>>2014419
No one so far, though it's not like suggestions could be made. I know originally there was talk about F and Cl being a couple though considering the ot3 business and F's personality they work better as friends now.

It looks as if H, C, and O are some of the most frequent things with Nitrogen so we might have to dig a bit deeper.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (118KB, 826x3381px) Image search: [Google]
118KB, 826x3381px
Alright, did that just after getting out of bed, to not lose track of the discussion.
>>
>>2014425
What's the reasoning behind Argon being a swimmer?
>>
>>2014426

None, it's a leftover from copypasting Cl's box.
>>
>>2014427
Fair enough, though I must say I'm not too set on Argon, Xe, and Kr having their glow be their hair colors.
Might as well just give Neon sith eyes
>>
>>2014429
>I'm not too set on Argon, Xe, and Kr having their glow be their hair colors.
It's easily the colour most associated with each, and we need a bit of variety after all the silvers and greys.
>>
File: 00000196.jpg (31KB, 286x328px) Image search: [Google]
00000196.jpg
31KB, 286x328px
>>2014429
>Might as well just give Neon sith eyes

But red eyes are cute.
>>
Since we've got the non-element names, can I suggest Helen Soleil for Helium? I don't know what the usual process for those is...
>>
>>2014434
I was thinking more burnish yellow like in the actual glow to go with her red hair.

That and the earlier talk about her having sunglasses struck me with the notion that there could be a rumour going around in the club scene that Neon doesn't have any eyes because she never takes them off.
Which would work better with welding glasses and it's ilk that completely cover the eyes.
>>
>>2014435
>I don't know what the usual process for those is...

I just come up with them writing the profile, for example Po is going to be Polina Skłodowska.
>>
File: Xenon_discharge_tube.jpg (5KB, 330x220px) Image search: [Google]
Xenon_discharge_tube.jpg
5KB, 330x220px
Regarding noble gas eyes:

>>2014231
pink bits at the end
>>2014232
yellow bits in the middle
>>2014228
Ar: blue at the extremes
Kr: Grey at the extremes

Xe: Purplish at the extremes in pic related

Why not do those?
>>
>>2014417
Like EchoDecay? As far as I know it's just casual cyberpunk. But those niche fashions get into all sorts of weird subnames and specifics, much like "metal" genres of music.
>>
Colored eyes are pretty chuuni.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (119KB, 826x3381px) Image search: [Google]
119KB, 826x3381px
Alright, going to work, will write the bulk of Po's profile later today.

In the meantime, the updated chart for further discussion.

And here's the list of elements that haven't been mentioned at all:

Gadolinium
Dysprosium
Holmium
Thulium
Lutetium
Indium
Tellurium
Bromine
Iodine
>>
>>2014445
All eyes are colored, nee-san.
>>
>>2014459

Iodine could be a guidance counselor at whatever high school the other elements go to.
>>
>>2014464
Yes, the nameless secondary that all the kid elements and alloys go to.
Any reason why specifically a guidance counselor?
>>
>>2014466

referencing it's use in the thyroid (helps with mental development or in this case, maturity).
>>
>>2014469
I see, that definitely works better than her possible other vocations. Would she also teach at the Uni part time or just high school?
>>
>>2014470

Maybe a philosophy course? The way i'm thinking about her as someone who wants to help shape the minds of people to be more independent/themselves. Like nonconformity to a healthy degree.
>>
>>2014471
Possibly, it'd depend on which she is using as a career and possibly how hard the subject matter is.
>>
>>2014474
>>2014471

She can also write essays.
>>
>>2014475
So, safe to say Iodine's something of a possible academic heavyweight in child development and some other fields?
>>
>>2014476

Sounds good to me.
>>
So, trying to flesh out HON; how old do you reckon they are? Bearing in mind that if N s indeed paired with K, K is 21.

Also for how they look I've got some rough ideas that need refinement, basically I'm basing myself on the usual represent the atoms: red for O, blue for N and white for H, that translates rather primitively to O having red hair and eyes along tan skin and so likewise for H and N, but it feels a bit too obvious and easy.
>>
>>2014482
O=Auburn hair, blue eyes, tan
N= Black hair, green eyes, seasonal tan
H= Very dark auburn, teal eyes, no tan.
>>
>>2014487

Any reason as to why these colors (save for auburn O)
>>
File: Hydrogen_Spectra.jpg (2KB, 783x64px) Image search: [Google]
Hydrogen_Spectra.jpg
2KB, 783x64px
>>2014488
Eye colors were the most prominent colors on their spectral lines. Admittedly, O having blue was more from water than the spectral line.

Nitrogen having black hair is more of a genetic thing or at least I was gonna explain it as. Something like NO's parents both had auburn hair but carried black hair as well and N ended up with black hair. Obviously an artist who ends up doing one or both would show their similarities better.

Hydrogen's hair color was one of the other prominent lines on it's spectral line. I just darkened it due to it's proximity to the end of the spectrum and to slightly make her shade different than O's
>>
>>2014494

Interesting stuff and good inspiration, I do have some observations, though.

For H I'd like to give a visual "lightness" vibe as it's the lighter element in the universe and I don't find dark auburn very fitting (it's also sort of redondant with O), how about white hair with teal eyes, or teal hair and purple eyes?

For N, my main issue is that she would end up looking exactly like K and even the rest of the Alkalis, and I'd like to keep the Alkalis' look separate from the rest.

O's really good.
>>
>>2014459
>Tellurium

Tellurium could be a demolition expert (it's a primary ingredient in blasting caps). Maybe she could be in/from the same unit as Tungsten.
>>
File: Nitrogen_Spectra.jpg (5KB, 784x63px) Image search: [Google]
Nitrogen_Spectra.jpg
5KB, 784x63px
>>2014498
Reasonable enough.
I could see white on Hydrogen but I feel that'd look rather, well, odd. Admittedly, I'm of the mind that the unusual hair/eye/skin colors should be kept rather miminal.

That said, what if Hydrogen was a towhead? We don't really have a lot of blondes and that specific shade is pretty close to blonde so she'd probably have similar to Uranium only the shade would be more white-ish over silverish.

You have a good point for K, but here's something of a counter point, black is an extremely common hair color. I'll come out and say I forgot that K also has green eyes, in that case why not yellow? If only to keep the spectral line inspiration.
>>
>>2014503
>That said, what if Hydrogen was a towhead?

Works great I think.

For N, how about Venetian blonde?

>>2014502

Like a sapper?
>>
>>2014506
>Like a sapper?

I was thinking more along the lines of the guy who really liked blowing things up from "battlefield: bad company" except with an i.q. and more personality traits than "I'm the comic relief".
>>
>>2014506
Yeah sure I could see Venetian blonde, in fact I could see it kind of becoming coppery as she got older. Maybe Blonde as a child but copper as an adult.
>>
>>2014522

How old H would be at year zero?

For O I'm thinking early thirties and for N mid twenties
>>
>>2014537
I could see H being a year or three older than O or hell in between the -gen sisters. Both have some benefits.
>>
>>2014513
So a military buddy? I could see it, would she be a career officer or would she get out after her time is up?
>>
>>2014583

Career officer probably; not very many other places you can get paid to blow stuff up (which would be her passion).
>>
>>2014586
So like Tungsten then, interesting. Would they enter into their service at the same time or is one a senpai?
Also would her hobby be ceramics or metallurgy then?
>>
>>2014587

I imagine Tungsten would enroll first. whenever they gut put in the same unit maybe she grows to respect just how destructive Iodine can be.

>Also would her hobby be ceramics or metallurgy then?

Why those?
>>
>>2014587

I'd say Te works better as W's kohai.
>>
>>2014588
>Why those?
Other applications of Te. Outside of the blasting caps with Selenium, she's used pretty heavily in metallurgy. Specifically: iron, copper, and lead alloys.
The ceramics bit is actually used in their coloring but I think it'd be an interesting, if slightly cliched trait, for her to appreciate an art that can be pretty heavy in creation while her passion is so destructive.
>>
>>2014590
Tungsten seems like everything anybody wants in a senpai.

>>2014591

I like the ceramics idea.
>>
>>2014592
Wolfram needs to stop being in everything. It's no surprise Tantalum fell for her.

Thinking on it some more, I could see her using the making and painting of ceramics to possibly unwind as well. Of course, I'm sure if she had a girlfriend that'd be better but there's definitely going to be some time where she's the only one around.
>>
>>2014594
>Wolfram needs to stop being in everything. It's no surprise Tantalum fell for her.

General electric tried to patent W, that's how awesome she is.
>>
This is making me wonder if Tellurium should be paired up.

Part of me wants to pair her with Selenium on the blasting cap thing and that both of their names are derived from the Earth and Moon respectively. However, I feel that might be a bit hasty on my part and probably another cliche.
>>
>>2014588
>just how destructive Iodine can be.

you meant Tellurium right?
>>
>>2014603
Yes I did mean Te, my mistake.
>>
>>2014603
Nah man, don't you know? Ms.Iodine took down a whole barrack of enemy troops with an lmg and a belt full of grenades. The reason why she only wears long sleeves is to hide the tats and scars she has.
>>
>>2014614

Tungsten; eat you heart out.
>>
>>2014614
Man the kids in her high-school must have the weirdest rumours going if they got Mr.Roger-esque ones concerning Iodine.
>>
>>2014614

Speaking of Iodine (sort of) who can she be paired with?
>>
>>2014459

Argon could be an archaeologist.

>>2014617

Maybe Tellurium since iodine-131 is produced in nuclear fallout and Tellurium like explosions.
>>
>>2014628
>TeI
An interesting couple, how would they meet?
Would that also open up the possibility of TeSeS sisterdom?
>>
>>2014632
>TeSeS sisterdom

That's interesting.
>>
>>2014632

Maybe Tellurium was tagging along with Tungsten when she was picking up Steel from school. What does Steel do anyways?
>>
Some anon requested Po's profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14439052

And with that my writing backlog it clear, so you can ask writing requests, however I'm going on holiday soon so I won't be writing fics until I come back.

I'll do profiles you can always ask for a fic, but it'll have to wait till the second half of April.

(also reposting CuZn fic, who got drown in the discussion earlier on: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6140293)
>>
>>2014644
In Tl's sections, you wrote "wrong" instead of "young."

It's very good otherwise, thank you.
>>
>>2014647

Oops, that's fixed, thank you.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (134KB, 826x3701px) Image search: [Google]
134KB, 826x3701px
>>2013973

Forgot to address that, my bad. It gives a good idea of the person but some things are off: mainly the eyes and the mouth.
The eyes are too big for the iris, but given your style, I can't say if enlarging the iris or shrinking the eye would be the solution, I would advise making several different versions.
For the mouth, the lips don't seem to connect a the corner of the mouth making it look have parallel lips.

And more of a design observation, correct me if I'm wrong but I guess she's supposed to be a swimmer (cause chlorine in swimming pools and dem Laure Manaudou's shoulders)? That makes sense, but the outfit made me think at first that she was a greco-roman wrestler. If she's a swimmer, I'd put her in a full-body swimsuit, mostly black with light green accents.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>2014644
>height: 177cm
Man, here I was thinking she'd be 19X case or an even 200.
>>
>>2014633
Well they are chemically related, though Se and Te would be much closer since they're also similar to each other. TeSe's childhood antics is probably what lead to Te loving demolitions and pyrotechnics.

>>2014845
How old is Erbium? Just leaving secondary?
>>
>>2014637
Steel's finishing up high school, iirc. However, at the time Tungsten and Carbon were together might've been Steel was not in high school.

It could just be a surprise visit on Tungsten's part and Te wants to meet the child who has her XO wrapped around their so they end up picking Steel up from school which could lead to them having to talk to staff to sort things out possibly.
>>
>>2015026
>Well they are chemically related, though Se and Te would be much closer since they're also similar to each other.

What if Te Se S are sisters but Te and Se are also twins?

>How old is Erbium? Just leaving secondary?

>>
>>2014644
http://pastebin.com/3iHQJX5x
There you are. The only other thing that I feel I should comment on is the image given when you described Zinc's hair.

It's probably just me, but silver and verdigris doesn't strike me as all that complimenting for a hair color.
>>
>>2015193
Yeah that works for STeSe. As for Erbium, that's good to know, though I wonder if Yb and Tb go to the same school as the alloys.
>>
>>2015195

I like to think the do, it's more interesting this way.
>>
>>2015196
Would they be the resident foreign kids?
>>
>>2015200

That'd be Sodium I think.
>>
>>2015212
Sodium seems more like that kid who was home schooled and just happens to be shy.
>>
>>2015217

She's been established as Iridosmine's friend and Pewter and Electrum's classmate.

All Alkalis are somewhat awkward with people and have varying cases or agoraphobia, from very mild (Li) to very severe (Fr).
>>
>>2015221
Yeah but it was in regard to her being the "foreign" kid. That aside, would Terne be friends with the rare earth sisters or would Yb have a few nameless friends?
>>
>>2015239

Dunno, Terne is one of these characters designed early, when the setting didn't have many characters.
>>
File: Zn.jpg (22KB, 372x343px) Image search: [Google]
Zn.jpg
22KB, 372x343px
>>2015194

Thanks a lot!

>divekick

Nah, I really meant divegrass, it's a 4chan cup thing

>Iron megacorp

Was meant to be Iron's megacorp but Ferric megacorp is way better.

>Zinc's hair

Fair enough, I wrote it with pic related in mind.
>>
>>2015297
>divegrass
It was an attempt to slip a joke in about it. Outside of my poor humor, it was fine originally.
It still hurts.

>Pic
Oh that, that would be hue...I think. I get now what you were going with how some colors won't be evident unless the light hits it in a certain way.
That works better than what I was originally thinking which was more in line a dual hair color or something like with some of the tips having green or some such.
>>
>>2015303

Yeah, my vocabulary is still rough.

Also, I coundn't find a better wording for when Cu was describing Zn's eyes, I'll keep thinking about it.

Now to update U's profile...again.

Steel and Terne are the two sides of /u/ after the final
>>
File: Verdigris.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Verdigris.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>2015308
Don't feel too bad, your vocabulary is good. I had to look up verdigris to find out what color it was. Along with several other words, so you're definitely got a wider one than me.

Honestly if verdigris didn't come across as so opaque to me I'd say it's a perfect descriptor for eye color. However, knowing the color and imagining it are two separate things but I'd suggest going with sea green or so for the eyes if you wanna replace the second verdigris use.

Don't worry I'm sure one day U will stop being referenced by 'new' elements.
Yeah I caught that.
>>
>>2015311

Well I had to look up verdigris as well, in my language, the translation of verdigris isn't even commonly used for the color (I usually refers just to bronze corrosion), instead we say something like "blue-green" but that was shoddy so I went to find something more respectable.

Sea green is good, I'll change the ye color to that.

spinster was an other discovery

For U I am remined of some creators who said that they have a character they can never get rid of, not matter what they do, it just keeps creeping back in their writting...that's my curse now, writting U until the end.

kidding, I love you Ura
>>
>>2014628
>Argon could be an archaeologist.

Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, or an actual archaeologist?
>>
>>2015316
Uranium is best after all.
It's rather surprising that she's involved so heavily when looking back at how it all started.

I wonder if they'll ever be more kid elements.
>>
>>2015349
Probably a mix of all three? Argon probably works better for documents than actual bones and the like so documents throughout the world.

Actually that would probably work out pretty great.
Uni professor - Indiana
British - Lara Admittedly this is a weak connection unless she's an olympic level gymnast
The actual archaeology would be possible recovery of documents 'n' the like.
>>
>>2015373
>unless she's an olympic level gymnast

I think it would be kind of interesting if she's always preparing for a Lara Croft style adventure but never gets one; that might be something her partner/friends could help her cope with.
>>
>>2015377
That would be cute. Ar being all pysched up for going to another country and then like two weeks later she comes back all disappointed and sad.
She didn't even get to visit some ruins the documents were found in.
Her actually coming from money would add to the Lara references.
>>
>>2015383

I think it would also be really cute if she put on the Indiana Jones hat (without tucking her hair up inside of it) before she went on one of those adventures; declaring that she would make her mark on history as she left.
>>
>>2015387

As long as she doesn't hide in a refrigerator to survive a nuclear blast, I approve.
>>
>>2015387
She'd probably also have a messenger bag or something. The real question is, who would be aware of her child-like desire to live a tomb raider adventure?
>>
>>2015398

Maybe Lutetium due to it's use in radiometric dating; Lutetium could be a geologist.
>>
>>2015403
So colleague turned friend or something? Seems likely and would open discussion on Lu.
Would she live int he famous Ar manor like Lara's techy or would she have her own place and be more like Amanda just with a more good-natured rivalry?
>>
>>2015404

I think the techy thing fits better, especially because noble gases are hard to pair up.
>>
>>2015407
That would also play into Lu's rarity rather nicely.
I also wouldn't be too remiss if Argon's the only noble gas not paired up.
>>
>>2015409

Indie always get the girl.
>>
>>2015411
So Indium?
Wait I got it, she could end up with Orichalcum through an actual Tomb Raider adventure or something.
>>
>>2015414

I was referring to Indiana Jones but I prefer Orichalcum much more.
>>
>>2015414

Would she be originally from the time period the ruins are from or is she just lost there?
>>
>>2015416
I was playing off your reference but alright. Would Argon's girl be from "Atlantis", which would be oddly fitting all things considered or just a girl from a Greece expy?
Both lend themselves to potential tomb raider-esque adventures even if one would be the culmination of said adventure. Probably.
>>
>>2015419
Honestly? I feel that it could be varied, though as an out-of-practice writer I like the thought that she's from the time period through some mystical means but Argon fully believes she's lost until she stumbles upon something more concrete like records kept by Orichalum throughout the ages.

Either way, the whole idea could touch nicely upon setting mythology and the Primae Materia.
>>
>>2015419
Local orphan that got lost and wandered into the ruins sounds reasonable.
>>
Any ideas for what Fluorine's occupation could be?
A pharmacist perhaps, or maybe a bartender if only to reference how toxic it is.
>>
>>2015436

Would Ar adopt her?
>>
>>2015442
She could, if that's how it happens. Might somewhat defeat the purpose of Orichalcum being Argon's girl though.
>>
>>2015361
>It's rather surprising that she's involved so heavily when looking back at how it all started.

I think it's because she's the definitive radioactive element, so every other radioactives ended up being tied to her

Except for As, because Pd claimed her waifu early
>>
>>2015464

And forgot to say: U's profile is updated; added Rn and Po and rewrote Ra.

And with that, I ran out of metall/u/rgy stuff to write.
>>
>>2015464
An interesting thing to note, all things considered. Rather spot on as well.
>>2015467
Would a profile for one of the noble gases be just the right amount of challenge when you have some down time? I'm rather interested in seeing either Neon or Krypton having a profile.
the idea of child U is kinda cute, outside of her being a brat.
>>
>>2015472
>when you have some down time

As a general rule, I always have time to write, but I only write upon request, because I need the incentive of doing things for people other than me, otherwise I'd go "writing? ehhhh.....stuff's already in my head, that's good enough"

And people can pile up as many requests as they want on my backlog, I'll do them in order.

Ne and Kr it is then, for Kr I'd like the thread to flesh her out a bit more.

I based child U on a little girl I know who becomes insufferable when sick
>>
>>2015440
Dentist?

>>2015464
As probably still knows the other radioactives somehow. What does As even do, or is she too unstable to hold a steady job?
>>
>>2015540
>Dentist
That makes sense.
>>
>>2015487
>Flesh her out a bit more
Well, this might be odd, but occupationally she probably knows Gold to some degree since she was a model. Might even know Titanium through her limited modeling time as well

As for requests, I just realized that both Gold and Silver still don't have a profile so I'd like to request one or the other. Eventually both.
Poor Ag, being undeveloped.

>>2015540
As, her big thing wouldn't be that she's too unstable as a person, it's that she's too unstable as an element and has very minimal use. Her sole use, so far, seems to be a method for chemo that's still stuck in development hell because of all the stuff needed for it.

To that effect, she could be a medical researcher.

As for F being a dentist, fitting kind of, it would be funny if her practice was the one that all the metals went to in some manner.
>>
>>2015714
>Poor Ag, being undeveloped.
Au and Ag are both pretty limited. Other than their immediate family there's really just Au's spat with Al and Ag being Pb's childhood friend that comes to mind.
>>
>>2015719
In being developed or actual use? As people they're both pretty well known and know a lot of people for various reasons. Silver obviously has more business connections than Gold who is much more erratic in what she does and thinking about it, it wouldn't surprise me if one of them got roped into being on the city council even if they might not like it.
>>
>>2015714
>since she was a model

Kr? She was a model?
>>
>>2015727
Gold. Kr probably knowing Gold from her, Gold's, work wouldn't be that surprising.
>>
>>2015015

Alright, changed to 193, forgot about the Balalaika thing.
>>
>>2015743
>>2015015
Huh, that's a little much.
>>
>>2015747
Not really? That's, well I'll be damned I've been skewed in my thinking. Alright maybe a little but if she's proportioned well it wouldn't be that out of place. It'd come down to her being tall for a girl.
>>
>>2015754
She can be tall-ish, I thought 5'9 would be good.

Cause anything more would be like, really tall. And this is coming from someone who's tall. She's just a normally sized woman, anything more seems excessive. I don't know, it just doesn't mesh with my mental image.
>>
>>2015763
Maybe? it's definitely probably the Balalaika and Ingrid comparison influencing me but her being 5'11~6' was what I imagined when thinking about her. Either way it felt to me that she'd be slightly taller than normal but you're right I might've been hasty with desiring a 10+ cm increase.
>>
>>2015769
I just don't want those comparisons to become the template for her or weigh the character down any more than the very subtle superficial similarities.

Now that I think about it, 5'11 seems perfect, actually.
>>
>>2015770
Understandable, but honestly I was feeling the height more from her demeanor and everything regarding Rn than the actual characters influencing that. I guess that was probably a poor choice of words on my part.

This whole little blunder on my part got me to realize that Francium and Caesium are the tallest alkalis, with Fr being the tallest human element so far.
>>
Soooo...177 or 193 ?

>>2015774

She doesn't have a profile yet, but Th's supposed to be 190+, as she's inspired by the actual god of thunder Thor.
>>
>>2015774
That's perfectly understandable as well. I've been thinking about them pretty much non-stop, and the way I see her demeanor is maybe a little reserved around others, but not because of shyness, and nothing to suggest an Amazonian physique (even manifest in height only).

How tall are Fr and Cs?
>>
>>2015781
I personally don't have any problem with 177, but I'd be okay with 5'11 as a compromise.
>>
>>2015781
I'm in favor of 193 though if the other anon wants a compromise I'd settle for 183~5 with the final say coming down to MS.

>>2015783
Reserved and aloof, with her style of dress could come across as unintentionally intimidating and that helped lead into her being above 6' in my mind. Coupled with the gentleness regarding her sister and possibly Thallium led to thinking of a gentle giant. The earlier comparison just kinda cemented in my mind that she's 6' or 6+'.

When converted to feet Fr and Cs are 6'0.5" and 5'10.5"
>>
>>2015792
Ah, see, I'm not seeing her as intimidating at all, and certainly not in a gentle giant role. Pretty far from it, rather.

Strict in dress, yes, but with contrastingly feminine and soft features. More "distant allure" than "abrupt seriousness."
>>
>>2015792
>I'd settle for 183~5 with the final say coming down to MS.

185 that way Ura had at least one GF taller than her in her life
>>
>>2015796
Not that she isn't exceedingly gentle to those she loves, mind you.
>>
>>2015796
To be fair she probably rocks both but I just can see her strict professionalism that she might've gained as she picked up more managerial roles adding to the image that you wouldn't want to get on her wrong side and the fact that some or most of her coworkers probably have to glance up might add to that to that.

>>2015797
Alright I'm fine with that. I shoulda just suggested 187, might've worked better.
>>
>>2015803
>187

Sold
>>
>>2015803
Yeah, that makes sense. You're right, she could come across as unintentionally professional in an intimidating manner, which would have more to do with attitude and fashion (which would be a result of that as much as a cause) than physique, in my opinion. To be honest, I never liked the managerial aspect that much, but I'm warming up to it. The coolness she exhibits would be more of a result of her just not having time to show anything else than a job thing.

The only way you could get on her bad side would be intentionally hurting someone she loves.

185 is fine.
>>
>>2015540
>As probably still knows the other radioactives somehow
An internet forum or irc that they all visit could possibly be a simple and small way that she knows them to a degree while still keeping in line with everything relating to her.

>>2015809
>I never liked the managerial aspect that much, but I'm warming up to it.
That's probably an apt way to describe how she viewed it originally, since she probably started at a much lower level when she was younger.
>>
>>2015815
Hmm, good point.

Like I said before, I've been thinking about this set of characters a lot. Here are other random thoughts.

Whenever things begin to get intimate between Po and Tl, one of their hands is always clasped in the other's.

Po keeps a journal of sorts, but if you didn't know what you were reading it would come across as very abstract, not that she's trying to.
>>
>>2015818
What if they got intimate via a hug where Tl just so happened to have her face buried in her aunt's bosom?
>>
>>2015822
I'm sure that happened a lot before too.

I was thinking something along the lines of Po having too much to drink one night and Tl helping her to bed, where Po asks her to stay with her.
She wakes up in the morning and realizes they had slept in each others arms. When Tl awakes she tells Po that she'll "always stay with her." Neither of them can hold back any longer, and they, you know, kiss.
>>
>>2015823
That's a cute image, drowsy and drunk Po wrapping her arms around Tl to keep her there with her.

Sounds like you could probably write some short fics/drabbles with all the stuff you're thinking about.
>>
>>2015828
>write some short fics
Maybe!
>>
>>2015843

You really should, more writers are always welcome.
>>
>>2015846
I'm not sure I could do it justice. What's lacking is my own ability.

We'll see, though!
>>
>>2015848
You might be surprised, if nothing else I'm sure our resident editor might help iron things out.
>>
>>2015848
>I'm not sure I could do it justice.

My first writings were nothing to brag about, not even sure they are now actually, but I wanted to read about gay metals so I just went for it.
>>
>>2015851
All right, I'll see what I can come up with.
>>
>>2015861
I meant to reply to >>201585 as well.
>>
>>2015862
Uh, I meant >>2015857
>>
Would it be a bit much if Krypton had a bit more than clubs? Say a bar or two with one being a bar and grill?
>>
>>2015848
>What's lacking is my own ability.
hasn't stopped me
>>
Well, here's a short thing I couldn't help but write, just to give you an idea. It's set shortly before they're a couple.

-

Thallium clutched the package at her side tightly, cradling the precious contents within. She walked at a diligent pace, eager to return home. Polonium should still be out for just a while longer, she thought. That would be enough time to prepare.

Slowing, she paused in her thoughts, something across the street catching her attention. She crossed the road, looking up at the sign before her that read: Flower Shop.

--

Thallium stood with a gift box and bouquet, holding them out for a surprised Polonium who stood at the door.

"What's going on?" she asked with mild bewilderment.

"I wanted to thank you for letting me stay with you all this time," Thallium said. "I know it's not much, but I hope you like it."

Polonium opened the box. Inside was a silver necktie and pair of matching earrings. The bouquet was a mix of lilies and roses, disparately harmonious against each other. She held the box in one hand and the flowers in the other, and, after looking at each, turned to her niece.

Thallium saw her aunt discreetly wipe her eyes, transitioning fluently into a smile that displayed all the happiness and warmth she now felt.

"Thank you. You don't owe me anything, Thallium. I couldn't ask for anything more."

Polonium enveloped her niece in a hug, her bosom pressing inadvertently against the girl's demure face.

"Let's get a vase for these flowers," she said, releasing her.
>>
>>2015982
A rather lovely little snippet, thanks for sharing.
Outside of the mention that throwing it in a pastebin, should you do some more in the future, everything looks decent.

Style-wise though, I would suggest maybe throwing on an adjective to describe how Po opened her present. It's kind of, well, plain but overall it works. Just something to keep in mind should you choose to do another one.

Honestly, I'm rather interested in seeing more since it's rather cute.
>>
>>2015982

It's good, you should write more.
>>
>>2015982

I personally liked it but keep in mind the only thing about writing I'm good with is spelling. otherwise I largely agree with >>2016006

Also, do we have anything for Neodymium? She was only in the ties section here >>2014459 because if we don't she could be a private investigator which would work well with Pr being a politician.
>>
>>2016006
>>2016008
>>2016011
Thank you all, I appreciate it.

I'll keep what you said in mind.
>>
>>2016011
There's not much for Nd, so her being an investigator could definitely work. Maybe she does it in between stable jobs or something. I would also be somewhat tickled if Nd had something of a volatile temper under the right conditions.
>>
>>2016011

As it stands Nd is a sound engineer since Nd based magnets (Nd2Fe14B, that's why she's involved with Fe and Bat the same time) are often used in microphones and speakers.
>>
>>2016022

some private investigators have been known to wire-tap phones which could also reference it's use in speakers, along with their ability to apply immense pressure when stuck between them and a hard (metal) place.
>>
>>2016026
To be fair, Nd's mention in B's profile of being a sound engineer did kind of come first but that's not to say that she couldn't've been or could be an investigator.
>>
>>2016027

I don't mind changing it, as long as it gets a substantial replacement.

It's not like either B or Fe would lose much if the Nd gets removed.
>>
>>2016029
True. It could also be something that's interconnected like she had to bow out of the investigator business because of legal reasons that caused her clientele to run dry so she kind of defaulted to what her uni degree was originally about and found a new passion or something.

Depends on the age of Nd and Pr
>>
>>2016014
>I'll keep what you said in mind.

If you plan on writing more, I'd advise you to post on AO3.
>>
>>2016044
Wouldn't they have to be invited for that or whatever? Might benefit from writing a few more things out but who knows.
>>
>>2016055

If you're not invited your have to wait like three days or so.

Just saying because I started writing on pastebin and AO3 is just so much better.
>>
>>2015472
>I'm rather interested in seeing either Neon or Krypton having a profile.

Have some Ne (recommended background music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14529496
>>
>>2016095
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4
Good taste.
>>
File: Ne.png (204KB, 652x755px) Image search: [Google]
Ne.png
204KB, 652x755px
>>2016095
Very unsure about this one.
>>
>>2016135

Good start, just needs refinement:

The hair: I imagined it darker and redder, less orange
Also about the cut, feel free to experiment, I went for a neutral look

The eyes: maybe put some orange on the inside to make them less plain yellow.
For the sunglasses, how about she's just taking them off? That way we'll see both her eyes and her sunglasses.

For the outfit, I'll leave it to the person who imagined it in the first place, I'll just say that I find her neck too long, maybe completely hide it in the turtleneck?
>>
File: 1458902857400.png (197KB, 652x755px) Image search: [Google]
1458902857400.png
197KB, 652x755px
>>2016135
>>2016146

For the neck: can you do a version with her head moved from the blue position to the red one?
>>
File: Ne.png (197KB, 652x755px) Image search: [Google]
Ne.png
197KB, 652x755px
>>2016146
>>2016150
>>
>>2016157

Oh yeah that's great ! Adding it the the profile.

Can I make some requests?
>>
>>2016162
For which to do next? I suppose but there's no telling when I'll get to them.
>>
>>2016185

Yeah, the three I would like to see are Co, Zn and K.

No pressure, take your time, and if you could separate Au and Ag for their upcoming profiles, that'd be great.
>>
>>2016192
Does Zinc have a profile? I don't see it in the chapters.
>>
>>2016205
No she doesn't but it can be seen in the CuZn fic while the thing regarding Zn's hair can be seen here >>2015297
>>
>>2016205

Like >>2016219 said it's in the fic, although her profile is something I want to do in the not too distant future.
>>
>nearly 600 posts
oh my madoka
>>
>>2016267
Pretty sure we've broken 700 before
>>
>>2016095
http://pastebin.com/Zbgpa7Jf
There you are.
Nice song as well made me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cY-smYyv8. I was half expecting something closer to her rave days.

Only other thing that's puzzling to me is, what exactly is a Lone Digger club?
I'll probably feel real dumb if it's something obvious.
>>
Good news, kind of.
Another off-site archive has been 'discovered', which just so happens to have all the previous metallurgy threads if anyone's interested in seeing them again. Oddly the search function for /u/ isn't implemented so I went and just grabbed the OP url for each thread.

deploy.loveisover.me/u/thread/1895900/ - very first metallurgy thread
deploy.loveisover.me/u/thread/1926024/ - 2nd thread
deploy.loveisover.me/u/thread/1942526/ - 3rd thread
deploy.loveisover.me/u/thread/1958056/ - 4th and the previous thread
deploy.loveisover.me/u/thread/2007187/ - current thread
>>
>>2016342

Yes, but the last thread slowed down a lot, I don't know what broke loose in this one.

>>2016354

Thanks a lot.

>what exactly is a Lone Digger club?

It's the name of the club, as a shoot out to Caravan Palace: in the Lone digger clip, the night club is actually called "Lone digger".

Ne's human name is also a shoot out to a big electro swing DJ.

>>2016371

Many thanks, I missed the third one.
>>
>>2016384
Oh I had half a thought that might've been the case but I wasn't sure. I am infinitely glad that as a club dj Neon's more into electro than house though. You think she'd dabble in chiptune stuff?
>>
>>2016384
>I don't know what broke loose in this one.
Establishing the noble gases which didn't have such obvious occupations as the previous elements and their pairings. Plus TlPo being a source of fascination to two or three anons that seemed to have worked out how it could fit into the setting.
>>
>>2016389
>I am infinitely glad that as a club dj Neon's more into electro than house though.

I don't have much knowledge about the whole electro universe, and its various genres but I do have a few electro tunes (besides electro swing, which I just recently discovered and got hooked), versus I think only one song labelled as "house".

The way I see it, Neon started to go with the momentum of the day, but gradually developed her own schtick.

>You think she'd dabble in chiptune stuff?

Definitely, she'd do that for fun and post it online.
>>
>>2016397
Fair enough, if you wanted to be safely vague you can say she bounces between the various EDM sub-genres. Where techno, some trance, and their ilk could be from her raver days.

I'd want to say that she'd probably like retro house, if she were to ever venture into it, but who knows.
>>
So the most important question yet: does Lady Argon have a rather extensive wine cellar?
>>
>>2016447
It's quite a sight to see.
>>
>>2016192

What about Po?
>>
>>2016743

I'd love to see all of them, but these three are my personal most wanted.
>>
File: Co.png (328KB, 844x875px) Image search: [Google]
Co.png
328KB, 844x875px
>>2016765
>>
>>2016743
And Tl? Don't forget her, she hasn't even been thought of yet as a girl. She's just kind of there. Not that there's anything wrong exactly, it'd just be good to get some traits down.
>>
>>2016787
That is one smug crafter
>>
>>2016192
>separate Au and Ag
>>
File: Au.png (363KB, 1100x843px) Image search: [Google]
Au.png
363KB, 1100x843px
>>2016797
>>
>>2016797
Any other possible hair style for Silver?
>>
Kr's profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14529532

Had a lot of fun writing her, she started as a very vague idea but then she sort of developed herself on her own as I wrote her.
>>
File: Ag.png (301KB, 807x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ag.png
301KB, 807x768px
>>2016800
I could fix it up a bit. I don't remember what her hair was like in that first fic.
>>
File: Co's sweater.jpg (13KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
Co's sweater.jpg
13KB, 330x330px
>>2016787

That's good, two things, though:

I saw her hair free, like Pt

About the outfit, I was thinking more about thin sweaters, like pic related.

>>2016797
>>2016798

Thanks!
>>
>>2016807
I'm not sure her hair has ever been thoroughly described. No wait, it has but yeah it's just"short and usually impeccably neat". Maybe it's just the bust but it feels kind of off-putting I guess. I'm not quite sure how to put it. Perhaps something more like Neon's hair.
>>
>>2016808
>I saw her hair free, like Pt
I assumed that, but I'm somewhat worried about characters having different colored versions of the same hairstyle, so I've been trying to keep them mostly different. Pt and Na both already have long, loose mostly straight hair (plus Fe to a lesser extent) and there are several characters with wavier, loose long hair (Au, Pb, U).
>>
File: 44954541.png (900KB, 900x1192px) Image search: [Google]
44954541.png
900KB, 900x1192px
>>2016813

Good point...how about two long braids like the dark-haired girl in the picture?
>>
>>2016813
Hm, will try.
>>
>>2016819
>>2016828
>>
>>2016804
http://pastebin.com/LbJ5Z5DP
There you go boss. Pretty good all around.

Have a song that popped into my head while editing and that could possibly play at one of her venues (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY66fdMt4vc)
>>
>>2016830
Damn it, spotted something I missed. Change dental surgery to Dental Practice in the profile when you get around to editing it.
>>
We should probably go ahead and decide on Vanadium's age and occupation so a profile can be written. I'm for her being in her very early 20's and a masseuse (for reasons stated here >>2010601 and here >>2011550). There's also the fact that becoming a masseuse doesn't take as long as it does to become a therapist.
>>
>>2016835
Reasonable enough, I suggest mid-twenties to give some credibility to the possible high profile clientele she might get.
>>
>>2016837

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>2016828

Cheers

>>2016830
>>2016831

Thanks !

>Have a song that popped into my head while editing and that could possibly play at one of her venues

That's really good, definitely something Kr would endorse.

Also, for the trivia, I almost changed the club's name to "Lone rigger" for extra 4cc reference.
>>
>>2016839
That would've been good, maybe it could be Kr's nickname in the club scene or could've been when she first started out. Might also fit for the bartender(s).
I hope it goes without saying that I didn't mean to capitalize dental practice.

>definitely something Kr would endorse
I'm glad, it was a toss up between that and Digitalism's Miami showdown.
>>
>>2016743
That would be nice.
>>
Would it be a bit to imagine Tl as a tomboy? Maybe she's more on the verge of growing out of a rough and tumblr phase.
>>
File: Co.png (348KB, 910x964px) Image search: [Google]
Co.png
348KB, 910x964px
>>
>>2016871
I left the side things because they are comfy.
>>
>>2016868
I hope you meant to write tumble.

Anyway, I can see her as having shades of tomboy when she was a little younger, before she moved. As a coincidental thing, I don't think she has a problem with anything girly.
>>
>>2016871
>>2016873
>I left the side things because they are comfy.

Not a fan, but fair enough.
>>
I like the hair things.
>>
>>2016875
Yes I meant tumble. My stupid fingers hit r in an unexpected bout of betrayal.

Yeah that's how I was imagining it. As a result of her living in the country and probably helping P out frequently might've led to her adopting a more practical style of dress that she could grow out of while at Po's. Especially if she daydreams about being her aunt's stay at home wife.
>>
File: 1YHstFv.gif (3MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1YHstFv.gif
3MB, 533x300px
>>2016880
>>
>>2016871

Alright, updated the profile, thank for your work!
>>
>>2016882
Aaaah, that's way too staggeringly cute of an idea to pass up.
>>
>>2016892
A shame Po would probably be out of sorts if Tl ever did it to test the waters before they got together.
>>
>>2016897
Well, Po's not used to that sort of thing. I imagine both her and I would find a flustered Tl adorable, though.
>>
>>2016898
True, now I can't help but imagine Tl at a sleepover where she and her friends talk about their type. Causing Tl to end up realizing that her strike zone is quite a ways higher than her peer group.
>>
>>2016902
While we're on the subject, what color is her hair? I've been imagining a very, very light brown, on the verge of blonde. I can't think of what word I would use to describe it. Sandy?

Does that seem right?
>>
>>2016907
Sandy fits, though my first thought in response to that is dirty blonde to allow for a bigger shade range.

Originally I was feeling a blonde child into brunette adult, though having her be Sandy blonde might work for the best.
>>
>>2016910
It's a good middle ground. I like the idea of her hair darkening slightly as she ages.
>>
>>2015423

Is this still going to be a thing? It seems pretty interesting.
>>
>>2016918
What? Ar being a tomb raider-esque archaeologist that wants an adventure?
Yeah. The Orichalcum thing? Maybe
>>
Do H and O have a hydroxide daughter?
>>
>>2017182
They might, first time it's ever been brought up though. Wouldn't probably mesh that well with Oxygen's wanderings.
>>
>>2017182
I'd say no. It's not like every long term pair needs a kid.
>>
>>2017186
It'd be interesting to see Hydrogen breaking the news to O (who's been travelling for a few weeks by the time Hydrogen realises she's pregnant).

Once HO- is older, O calls in on video chat regularly to tell stories about her adventures.

>>2017215
There's more couples without kids than with, and it's a way to bring in more relationships.
>>
>>2017267
It'd also give a chance to help fill out the younger generation though when exactly would HO- be old enough to resume it? High school?
>>
>>2017271
Maybe put her in high school as well? Gives the most room for interaction with the others.
>>
>>2017304
Possibly, would she be a second year or in a different year?
>>
>>2017309
>>2017304

Not feeling highschool HO, I'd see her with the future generation That's give more room to H and O as well.
>>
>>2017448
So Brass and Bronze's generation?
>>
>>2017450

Yup.
>>
>>2017453
Poor Stellite, well at least BB's generation will have a few people in it if Nichrome and Borax are also conceived in a relatively short span.
>>
Would Tl have dark eyes, or would they be colorful?
>>
>>2017459
>Poor Stellite

Stellite have caring onee-samas and soon she'll have cute imouto-chans as well.
>>
>>2017494
A normal color, if that's what you mean. Lighter, I'd imagine.
>>
>>2017510
Yeah I meant a normal color, it was more should her eyes be memorable(colorful) or helped paint a whole picture of her beauty (dark)
>>
>>2017528
I like how you phrased the latter, so I'm leaning towards that. It's hard to decide, though.
>>
>>2017531
Technically both can fit the latter, but how about hazel with an emphasis on blue for eye color?
>>
>>2017535
That sounds perfect.
>>
>>2017496
>>2017459

Also, I had that idea for some time but, how about pairing future Stellite with Pewter?
>>
>>2017538
Possible but it'd be weird for Stellite to be dating her mum's protege and possible successor.
I think anyway, it could work but just strikes me as a tiny bit odd.
>>
>>2017539
>Possible but it'd be weird for Stellite to be dating her mum's protege and possible successor.

I don't find it weird, it's actually fitting since they're both representing the next generation, plus it's only a 5 or 6 years gap.

Plus Co knows Pewter well, so she would entrust her daughter to her.
>>
So would Orichalcum be like Kida only with green eyes, olive tone skin, and black hair?

It kind of goes without saying she's probably pretty fit, so she can easily swoon Argon off her feet.
>>
Also, for the next generation, there's potentially Niter and Saltpeter as NK children, and there should be a Pt-Co child but sadly I couldn't find a name.
>>
>>2017711
This brings about an interesting thought. Could lasers count as children if made from excited gas elements?
>>
>>2017711
How would N and K meet?
>>
>>2017752

Maybe they knew each other before K started her farming life.
>>
>>2017758
Possible. I think the only thing going for N is her association with aviation. It was never established exactly what the association was.

My first suggestion would be a pilot, which could nicely feed into O's wanderlust if they traveled a lot when they were kids.

Second suggestion would be to have her mirror K in being a firstborn heir, only liking her family business and taking it over as she gets older.
>>
>>2017752

I was basically thinking of >>2017758 and the opportunity to tie in with what K said in the fic about how she was at Na's age. I'd like to think that K was in a relationship with N since her teens, and she knows a thing or two about hiding a relationship.

I put N at 27 so it's 6 years older than K, and they started going out when K was 14 and N 20 (I also like to idea of a slightly hypocritical K lecturing Na about her older GF when she did worse, but in K's defense, she's much more mature than Na).

It could be said that N had a role in K's decision to become a farmer girl, perhaps indirectly, like K always refused the fate her mother wanted to her but couldn't think of what to do, when N intoduces her to the whole nature stuff and it K who, on her own decides she likes it and that she'll become a farmer.
>>
>>2017761
>she's much more mature than Na
Ha, I love the entire idea or at least the parts about N's and K being together since K was in middle school.
>>
>>2017764

The thing with Na is that she's been allowed to be much more carefree as she wasn't the designated heir when Potassium got a lot of pressure on her, which forged her personality early.
>>
>>2017765
Fair point and true, I just find it a teeny bit funny it's coming from the daughter that said "fuck you" to their mother through actions. Now that's not to say she didn't have her reasons and I'm sure she tried to negotiate but regarding maturity it's not exactly a shining moment.
>>
>>2017770

It's relative maturity; she's more mature than Na, but still needs to learn diplomacy.
>>
>>2017774
Alright you have me there.
So any ideas for N's job? Must be something good to put her in the path of the main Alkali family.

Speaking of the Alkalis, I wonder if Francium is a habitual sloucher and comes off smaller than she actually is.
>>
>>2017780
>So any ideas for N's job?

I was thinking something along the lines of her working for S, since S has a business in biology.

>I wonder if Francium is a habitual sloucher and comes off smaller than she actually is.

Surely, but nobody is around Fr to make that mistake, only Rb sees her.
>>
>>2017786
>something with S
I could see it, if it garnered attention and the like to fit with the eventual K thing.
It would also cause them to possibly see each other whenever S is known town and visits P
>>
>>2017790
>I could see it, if it garnered attention and the like to fit with the eventual K thing.

I don't think N's work needs to factor in their meeting, I mean it could, but we have a lot of other options.

The important thing is that N is into natural/animal stuff, to spark K's own interest.

>It would also cause them to possibly see each other whenever S is known town and visits P

I think K and N see each other without S.
>>
>>2017267
>O (who's been travelling for a few weeks by the time Hydrogen realises she's pregnant).
Nah, do it the other way.

Oxygen's the birth mother, she realises she's pregnant halfway through an adventure.
>>
>>2015714
>I just realized that both Gold and Silver still don't have a profile so I'd like to request one or the other

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14534749

And putting it as first chapter since she's one of the three original characters with Ag and Cu, Ag's profile will be chapter 2.
>>
>>2018003
>Oxygen's the birth mother, she realises she's pregnant halfway through an adventure.

That works, O then settles down with H to raise the kid and they often go on trips as a family.
>>
>>2018061
Sweet.
>>
>>2018061
http://pastebin.com/87QnvNrS
There you go.
Pretty cheeky with the Vulcain reference and to what it equates to. So would Vulcan reside in Vulcain or would he be someplace else?
>>
So would Hydrogen know the noble gases pretty well?
>>
>>2018252
H and He probably know each other at least. The other noble gases aren't involved in stellar operations; though some are produced in supernovae, H and He are the things that fuel active stars.
>>
>>2018306
Understandable, so maybe H and He are childhood friends or something? As for the rest, I was trying to think more on reasons based on her character. Unfortunately I realized too late she's not developed not to get that far.
>>
>>2018321
H is really just Oxygen's stay-at-home love interest right now, isn't she.

>>2018068
I think Oxygen still stays on the move, but she's always available by video chat and stops by more often with exotic stories to tell.

None of the other kids believe HO-'s claims about her mom until HO- points her out in the background on TV or something.
>>
>>2018453
>I think Oxygen still stays on the move

To be brutally honest, that would really trigger me.
>>
>>2018453
Yeah H is kind of that so far, until she gets more development.

It's an odd thing but I don't think Oxygen would be that, well, callous especially to H and HO-. She'd definitely be there as a stable influence for most of HO-'s formative years and the like, she's too caring not to be.

Could a situation arise where she's held back or something while on a trip and she ends up missing an event for Hydroxide? Yes, that would be great since the guilt would probably bother her a great deal and she'd try to make it up while causing her to evaluate whether she should still be traveling while her daughter is growing up.
>>
So did H, N, O, and C go to secondary together and if they were did they hit up some discotheques?
>>
>>2018250
>http://pastebin.com/87QnvNrS

Thanks!

>Pretty cheeky with the Vulcain reference and to what it equates to.

Heh, a great divine forge really sounds like a metal's idea of hell.
>>
>>2018595
>a great divine forge
Oh oh Vulcan. Well I learned something new. I thought, it originally was referencing the Vulcain series of rocket engines. Still pretty cheeky and I love it. Would that make Hadès more of a positive figure then?
This is what I get for not looking deep enough.
>>
>>2018602
>Vulcan

Heh, didn't realize it's spelled differently in English.

>Would that make Hadès more of a positive figure then?

I didn't really think about it in detail, to be honest.
>>
>>2018608
It's a minor thing altogether. I just figured Hades could be used in turn of phrases as well, though maybe with the precious elements or just general fortune.
>>
>>2018458
She's a character who is literally defined by her wanderlust. Her relationship with Hydrogen is always a bit long-distance; sure, HO- would make her spend more time at home, but just settling down outright? I can't see it.
>>
>>2018665
>She's a character who is literally defined by her wanderlust

Not just that; she also loves to help people, and values justice. Oxygen would want to do what's best for her child, and that would obviously stay with HO-

In fact she'd probably stop all she's doing and spend her entire time with her daughter, going on walks or whatnot, still staying active, but full of dedication for her child.
>>
>>2018708
Well yeah, she'd stay with HO- while she's really young and needs parents around, but by the time she's old enough to handle herself?

It's not like people need both parents around all the time once they're past the "little kid" phase.
>>
>>2018721
>Well yeah, she'd stay with HO- while she's really young and needs parents around, but by the time she's old enough to handle herself?

That's a long ways off, by that point she'd be over 50 and I'd like to thing that H will tag along.
>>
>>2018728
>over 50
So do H and O just have HO- while they're in their late thirties?
>>
>>2018948

I'd say so, that gives O a lot of time to travel about.
>>
Ag's profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14534815

Had some trouble with proofreading, so it might be a bigger handful than usual, sorry about that
>>
>>2018974
In the Lead section, "hung out" would sound better.
>>
>>2018974
I'll get around to it later today, though >>2018984 has a point with that.
>>
>>2018984

Done, thanks.
>>
>>2018974
http://pastebin.com/FFJ0WdfD
There you go
>>
>>2019061

Thanks !
>>
Also if flonium comes by I have a question; I was rereading Iron's profile, and realized that Zn is outside of her business, while I've interpreted her as Fe's employee based on the Iron and Zinc fic. What do you think is Zn's activity?
>>
Any ideas for Ru and Rh?
>>
>>2019547
Twins?
>>
>>2019837
Could be. Might round out the platinum group nicely. PdPt as aneue and imouto, IrOs as an actual couple, RuRh could be twins.

I think one anon in this thread or the other thread brought up an idea that Ru could be foreign or an immigrant to reference it's etymology.

As for actual use and potential application, they seem to be heavily used as catalysts so maybe they're politicians or aids for Pr.
Well Rh is heavily used as a catalyst, Ru is often used with Pd and Pt alloys.
>>
>>2019406
I'd written Zinc as having a lot of pull with Iron's employees because they know she's looking out for the boss.
>>
>>2019895

I see, well I'd have to adjust some parts of my CuZn fic.

I wonder what would be Zn's job.
>>
>>2019956
Maybe something with Zamacs? To touch upon an old idea, she could cooperating with Iron currently because of the friendship and the stuff, like business, but with Cu and other events in her life eventually leads to her branching out and establishing Zamacs as it's own company.

Could also be a potential push Iron might need.
>>
>>2019967

Yes, but by that point she's already in her mid-thirties, so I was wondering what she might be doing as of year zero.
>>
>>2019969
Possibly something mundane or so, given that she is kind of Iron's emergency contact and gets possibly frequent calls.

Maybe a desk job or something in the energy department to reference their use in batteries? Would also have the benefit of her possibly visiting on business depending upon things.
>>
>>2019977

How about an architect? Since Zn is used for making roofs. It would also means she has her own schedule and can easily help Iron whenever.
>>
>>2019996
Decent enough, I have no qualms with it. Might even be a point of interest with Cu.
>>
Since people seemed to want more about V, I went ahead and made a profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14628499
>>
>>2020254

Now onwards to Zn's profile, the last thing I'll write for a (short) while.
>>
>>2020254
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14628499
A nice surprise, thanks for that.
The edit should be up later today when I'm not dead.
>>
>>2020254
http://pastebin.com/0Yrz7sgT
There you are

This and a few other things have made me wonder about Al's style of dress.
>>
>>2020653

Done, thank you!

Is it time for a new thread?
>>
>>2020829
Maybe when we get to page ten or so just to be safe. Definitely close though.
I am torn between using CoPt or one with all the artistic types.
>>
>>2020835

AuAg, they have yet to be featured in a thread.

Though CoPt should be the next in line.
>>
>>2020838
Alright, I'll probably make it tomorrow then or later tonight depending on things.

I wonder if Silver would look good with a ponytail.
>>
>>2020849
It would be a small one.
>>
>>2020000
Who let these numbers go unchecked?
>>
>>2021228
They were appreciated silently.
>>
>>2021228

Me, for one, too busy indulging my autism with metall/u/rgy charts.
>>
>>2021228
Sandra pls.
>>
No real rush or anything for this one.

>>2021454
>>2021454
>>2021454
>>2021454
Thread posts: 721
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.