[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 60

File: yokels.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yokels.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I'll Have What He's Having Edition

http://www.strawpoll.me/13858324

Previously: >>87301046
>>
File: a fucking teapot.png (1022KB, 1919x1034px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking teapot.png
1022KB, 1919x1034px
>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY
>>
File: 1504534306349.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504534306349.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87302291
Audrey looks great
>>
Honestly, what happend in episde 18. Is it the past or is it the future? And will there be a season 4?
>>
File: freddie twin peaks.jpg (79KB, 1300x745px) Image search: [Google]
freddie twin peaks.jpg
79KB, 1300x745px
Reminder a kid from a youtube viral video was the one who finally put an end to Killer BOB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riwKuKSbFDs&t
>>
What's the EXACT second you would need to cut the series off at in order to make it look like a happy ending? I'd say Pete going fishing.

As a side note, the Sarah-attacking-the-photo scene is so fucking alarming.
>>
>>87302333
None of the above
>>
THINGS THAT DONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING IN AN INTENTIONALLY DREAMLIKE NARRATIVE FROM A DIRECTOR WHO HAS THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE CAREER USED THE NATURE OF DREAMS AS HIS INSPIRATION?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

THINGS THAT HAPPEN THAT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED WITH PREDICTABLE LOGICAL RULES IN AN INTENTIONALLY DREAMLIKE NARRATIVE FROM A DIRECTOR WHO HAS THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE CAREER USED THE NATURE OF DREAMS AS HIS INSPIRATION?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE WHEN CLOSELY EXAMINED IN AN INTENTIONALLY DREAMLIKE NARRATIVE FROM A DIRECTOR WHO HAS THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE CAREER USED THE NATURE OF DREAMS AS HIS INSPIRATION?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

LYNCH YOU FUCKING HACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Please spoonfeed me an explanation about the finale
>>
File: fireman.png (1MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
fireman.png
1MB, 1919x1079px
>It (Judy) is in our house now.
>It all cannot be said aloud now.
>Remember 430 (miles).
>Richard and Linda.
>Two birds with one stone.
>You are far away.
>>
>Time isn't linear
>Moves into all directions (both past and future)
>In FWWM it's showed how both Cooper and Laura interact with the future and the past at the same time)
>Laura's death was neccessary for the balance and flow of time, like a simple gear of a big Machine, get rid of it and the Machine will not work.

>By avoiding Laura's death, Cooper fucked up the flow of time , changing the past and the future.

How could you not get this?

Laura's death shouldn't be avoided, but preserved
>>
>>87302291
All I could think about when seeing these two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrQ9ilL8aw
>>
Can't believe I wasted so many hours on this season.
>>
>>87302359
It was bad
>>
>>87302333
its future's past
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (108KB, 1273x611px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
108KB, 1273x611px
Did you guys remember to order your life-sized Cooper standee?
>>
this thread has sucked the last month, it's all been sherylposting

thank god this general is finally dying
>>
>>87302371
That's wrong
You're dumb
Life is a dream, dickhead
>>
File: Dark Cooper.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cooper.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
What happens to him now?
>>
>>87302350
>to make it look like a happy ending?
Laura Palmer waking up for school and being alive wasn't a happy ending?
>>
VOTE

>>
>>87302332
What does it sound like again?
>>
>>87302381
You watched 17 hours of something you didn't enjoy?
>>
>>87302405
He gets to stay as lord of hell.
>>
Reminder that Judy won and Coop and Laura are fucked.
>>
>>87302405
His soul was utterly annhiliated, similar to what he did to Windom.
>>
File: DumbFrog.png (246KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
DumbFrog.png
246KB, 550x535px
>>87302405
What was the point of anything he did, in retrospect?
>>
>>87302359
Alternative timelines? alternative dimensions? living inside a dream? being stuck in the lodge still? No one really knows.
>>
>lynch made an ending that can be interpreted in multiple different ways
>people arguing and trying to make sense of it in their own say
>people calling him a hack
>being so dumb that you cant even come up with your own explanation to what you think happened
>being that kid in class that gets called on and just doesnt have an opinion because hes a drooling retard
L Y N C H E D
>>
>>87302405
>Fire, Sit With Me For A Bit Please
>>
How exactly are people getting that this is a happy ending where Laura is going to wake up the morning where previously she would have been killed? Why would she let out a gut-wrenching shriek if that were the case? It seems to me that if Laura is "waking up", she's waking up back into her living nightmare where there's no perfect FBI agent who cares about her, no one punch lad to defeat the "monster", no nothing.
>>
>>87302416
Well gee anon, that probably would have been a happy ending, but what we actually got was a haunting scream.
>>
File: 56kbeware.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
56kbeware.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
You could tell which was a new shot purely from the clarity difference between film and digital. Really took me out any immersion they had going.
>>
>>87302350
Wrong general.
>>
>>87302291
TWIN PEAKS IS SHIT AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR THINKING YOU ENJOYED IT
>>
>>87302405
>this is fine
>>
>>87302426
Enjoyed most of it but the ending ruined it all for me. Never expected a resolution but that ending was just beyond ridiculous.
>>
>>87302400

It wasn't a dream , it became a "dream" because Cooper fucked up time, so the OG story ceased to exist.

If it's not real, then it's fantasy , hence why it's now a dream.
>>
>>87302291
Is it just me or was episode 18 Coop actually doppelCoop?

>the way Diane's facial expression changes during the sex scene
>Coop's tone of voice
>the shots used have a similar style to doppelCoop scenes
>more prone to violence/intimidation (as seen in the diner scene)
>the face being overlayed was actually Good Cooper being trapped

Sarah was semi-implied to be the Mother so maybe doppelCoop was trying to hand Laura over so she could have her way with her.
>>
>>87302470
That can happen when you wake from a nightmare.
>>
>>87302449
just like good coop, he had a plan but he fucked it up.
>>
>>87302405
He is sentenced to an eternity of reposting bait with images of unrelated memes attached, he is now /tv/.
>>
>>87302398
>being this mad the sherylfsgs won

You should have known it was going to be this way from the beginning with Lynch's Laura hard-on
>>
The Experiment is metaphorically tied to the H-Bomb. You can't solve a problem like the H-Bomb by being a nice guy, or by living in a small town, or by trying to change the past.

Cooper didn't understand that and paid the price.
>>
Is it the story of the little girl who lived down the lane?

Is it?
>>
>>87302463
Lol
>>
>>87302291
do did lynch film both seasons back to back?

140 days.
All the actors said everything was shot in 2 takes, unless someone forgot their lines.
All the Roadhouse performances were shot in 1 day.
Sabrina Sutherland will be doing a reddit ama with an announcement that their is something she can't reveal yet.
Madchen alluded to playing more than one character in an interview.
Kyle saying that everything would make sense in the end.

Proof another season wasn't filmed.

All the behind the scenes sneak/spoiler shots are of what was in this season. No new shots.
>>
>>87302359
ever had a dream where you meet someone who looks exactly like your friend Dale but in the dream they are called Richard and act differently? and you don't even think about it until you wake up?

or a dream that includes your mother, but when you wake up you realize that the mother in the dream looked nothing like your real mother, it was a completely different person.
>>
>>87302449

It was destiny, as the irish lad said.
>>
>>87302471
Yeah, that's the issue. That along with laura and james flashback were not so well edited. I understand there are limits to what you can do but I'm thinking they could probably invest some in blending it all together a little bit better.
>>
>>87302558
>irish
what
>>
>>87302381
I wouldn't call it a waste, there were plenty of great episodes and moments in the season, the ending just wasn't very satisfying.
>>
>>87302416
I took it more as Laura remembering who she was and that she was no longer dead and at peace, but instead alive and dreaming she wasn't a 17 year old girl being raped and tormented by demons daily

So yeah not exactly happy
>>
>>87302371
>Past dictates future
>"Time isn't linear"
At least pay attention next time.
>>
What does putting a gun in hot oil do
>>
File: 1504534078679.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504534078679.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I want to grab her tight little ass.
>>
>>87302405
probably gonna get a bit toasty haha
>>
>>87302509
He wasn't Mr. C, it was just regular Coop, but the entire ordeal of being stuck in the lodge for 25 years and jumping across time and space had finally caught up with him. He flips from being Mr. C like in the diner to being Coop again when he finds Laura. He lost his spark, no longer the optimistic young agent who Diane fell in love with.
>>
>>87302359
Black Lodge won bigly
>>
>>87302359
Come to your own conclusions.
The way I see it, Laura woke from the dream and resumed life as normal in 1989 though clearly with the horrible emotional, mental, perhaps even spiritual scars of her life from before Coop prevented her murder.
It's my thought that this was the plan of the Giant, in order to best Judy in some sort of incomprehensible cosmic chess game in which human lives and in turn human misery are playing pieces and betting chips.
>>
friendly reminder that once you get past all the Jesusposting on her Twitter you'll see that Sherilyn Fenn loved working on the Return and was glad people enjoyed the ending. Do not believe the plebs saying she hates Lynch.
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1
>>
>>87302468
Why would people even call Laura surviving and being sent back to that house a "happy ending"? Did they even watch FWWM?
>>
>>87302347
How did Cooper know to look for Freddie? Like he didn't know who he was, but he asked "Are you Freddie?"

Was this hinted at earlier or did he just...know?
>>
>What year is it?

This is Cooper's attempt at rationalizing what is happening, that maybe he's farther in the future or that he's in the past. Any which might explain why they haven't heard of the Palmers.

But it dawns that he's irrevocably fucked up.
>>
>>87302509
well he feels like a middleman, not a stone cold killer but not an easy going fbi man either
>>
>>87302468
This, just because she's alive doesn't make it a happy ending. She was overjoyed to be at peace at the end of FWWM, now Cooper fucked that up.
>>
>>87302509
>Is it just me or was episode 18 Coop actually doppelCoop?
He was both
>>
no pasta, wtf?

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history
>>
>>87302594

And the future dictates past too (FWWM)
>>
>>87302449
It's one of the plot points I feel they dropped. I would imagine Bob taking over Cooper body would've been like POTUS after 25 years, or some really powerful FBI agent working for evil deed. At the very least, be a serial killer with raping and pillaging young girls like what he did as Leland.

Nah, he's just a random crime lord. After 25 years of crime lording, he suddenly decided to find the coordinate, get fucked over at every turn, teleported into the Sherif department, walked in there with no plan whatsoever and got his body shot by Lucy and got beat by ONE PUNCH MEME LAD.

He is menacing, and Kyle did a great job portraying him. But overall he dindu nuffin at all.
>>
>>87302509

Coop and Mr. C had a baby. Don't confuse it as the baby being the "original" or "real" one. Season 1 coop is still the original.
>>
>>87302547
>Kyle saying that everything would make sense in the end.

Ppfpfpffffffffffffftttttttttttt
>>
>>87302449
He tried to avoid returning to the lodge, and the way to stop that from happening was to do something with Judy, who I guess was in the white lodge (it's in our house now). He enters the white lodge only for Garland to send him to the Sheriff's Office. Not sure why he didn't just bail instead of entering the office though.
>>
File: [SONIC SMACKING].jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
[SONIC SMACKING].jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: IMG_3751.png (1MB, 1162x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3751.png
1MB, 1162x945px
DAMN LAURA LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?
>>
File: [continues].jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
[continues].jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
Friendly reminder that ''Twin Peaks: The Return, Part 18'' is actually Season 4 Episode 1.
>>
Good ending. Left it open for a new plot in season 4 (I'd rather not), or a movie (yes please.)

Loose ends that bother me:
>we still have no idea what exactly the Owl Cave ring does, concretely
>Audry got cliffhangered worse than she did in the S2 finale and I've seen no decent theories
>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?
>What did Laura whisper in Dale's ear? It clearly didn't shed any light on the Richard/Claire "timeline(?)" so what could it be?
>Nadine and Glove Kid never arm wrestled
>>
>>87302509
I don't know if he was full Booper, I think he was just scared shitless and knew that he'd fucked everything up.
>>
>>87302628

Despite how bipolar she is, Sherilyn's always seemed like a sweetheart.
>>
He pulled an evangelion that means that there will be a movie that will confuse us even more.
>>
>>87302471
After all the effects during the entire season, this is what bothers you the most?
>>
>>87302634
He knew a lot of things, but what he knew, nobody could really know. Because he didn't know about what would happen later on.
>>
>>87302500
>ending retroactively ruining what you enjoyed
thats dumb
>>
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE VALERO SCENE

>>
>>87302449
To be hardcore, no matter if his mom would let him or not.
>>
>>87302599
Honestly? Odds are that it does a whole lotta nothing. But are you gonna stick your hand in any time soon to grab 'em?
>>
>>87302630
I asked the same previously, but some have said that the punch that shatters the BOB orb literally removes him from existence across past and future, therefore Laura would be waking into a normal life. That doesn't really add up for me with the amount of attention paid to the past dictating the future and so forth, but I don't know. What a fucking ride.
>>
>>87302680
>>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?

1. Judy
2. Booper's Vegas Contacts
>>
>>87302705
But I didn't say it bothered me the most.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
Why didn't Richard just call Gordon?
>>
>>87302680
>>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?
The FBI/Gordon Cole
>>
File: 1402790674418.png (1MB, 600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1402790674418.png
1MB, 600x1800px
>>87302675
>>
>>87302718
GAS GAS GAS
>>
>>87302709
That's how it usually is with movies and games. When there is a build up that leads nowhere. Anti-climatic as fuck.
>>
>>87302509
He's not super hyped about coffee too. He just nodded slowly.
>>
>>87302291
>people are still confused as to what happened with Audrey
coop splintered the original timeline to the point that the entire world changed, but Audrey was likely the only one in twin peaks who was aware that reality was warping around her (or at the very least experienced the jump between realities– she obviously doesn't have a fucking clue what's actually going on). The fact that she was one of the few who encountered dopplecoop after dale was trapped in the lodge would probably be enough of a traumatic experience that would puncture through to her present psyche in the same way that sarah calling out laura's name broke through to carrie.
>>
you're delusional if you think this show will be nominated for an emmy
>>
>>87302680
BadCoop was responsible for the glass box, there were pictures of him setting it up, I forget which episode.
>>
>>87302718
to show you that they were in present day
>>
>This is my cousin.
>Doesn't she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?
>I'll see you again in 25 years

Was the Laura in the Red Room actually Carrie Page?
>>
Did I understand correctly that Ray was Gordon's informant?
>>
>the two-horned Owl Cave Ring symbol became the 8 infinity loop representing the timeline
Does this mean Judy is literally time itself?
>>
File: letdown.jpg (42KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
letdown.jpg
42KB, 635x357px
>>87302291
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BY A FUCKING TWITTER ROASTIE, HOW WILL LYNCH EVER RECOVER
>>
>not just ending it after episode 17
>>
File: dale-cooper-fear-the-double.jpg (85KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
dale-cooper-fear-the-double.jpg
85KB, 1200x628px
black dog runs at night
black dog runs at night
black dog runs at night
>>
>>87302731
Yeah but part of the intrigue of FWWM is that it's ambiguous how much of the abuse was BOB and how much was Leland himself. So even if BOB was gone it's not impossible that the abuse would have still gone on. Plus this season implied that Sarah herself is evil as well.
>>
>>87302718
that they are god-tier convenience stores [/spoilers] with make your own 6-packs
>>
>>87302770
Kyle will win best actor
>>
>交代, that is "jiāo dài", is Chinese meaning 'to explain'. The ultimate negative force is explanation. Lynch's life philosophy. Son of a bitch.
>>
File: s03e18.jpg (999KB, 2616x2626px) Image search: [Google]
s03e18.jpg
999KB, 2616x2626px
>>87302702
REEEEEEEEEEEE, someone do oc with pic related already. I'm not skilled enough.
>>
>>87302810
Who's this toilet?
>>
>>87302787
yes
>>
File: 1504490636011.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1504490636011.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, who was also in attendance, said in a interview, "After I saw Twin Peaks: The Return at home, David Lynch had disappeared so far up his own ass that I have no desire to see another David Lynch movie until I hear something different. And you know, I loved him. I loved him."
>>
>>87302680
>>we still have no idea what exactly the Owl Cave ring does, concretely

Sends dead bodies to the red room...that's all I got

>>Audry got cliffhangered worse than she did in the S2 finale and I've seen no decent theories

She's is some kind of mental hospital. It was way too modern and clinical looking to be a lodge thing. My guess is the explosion/coma did some damage to her mental state and now she's stuck living in the past.

No idea really but my guess is that it's somehow funded by evil cooper. He was using it to mess with dimensions and spirits.

>>What did Laura whisper in Dale's ear? It clearly didn't shed any light on the Richard/Claire "timeline(?)" so what could it be?

The first time she whispered in her ear she told him who the killer was. I feel like that's really our only clue to go off of here, but I really don't know.

>>Nadine and Glove Kid never arm wrestled

Truly disappointing.
>>
>>87302774
oh yeah, he was there at one time, wasn't he? I suppose you could argue that he was simply there and aware of the setup, but it's not very certain that he instated the project
>>
>>87302810
was that the first time you heard that joke?
how fucking new
>>
File: 1409179621942.jpg (58KB, 493x353px) Image search: [Google]
1409179621942.jpg
58KB, 493x353px
Can we agree that the part with Evil Coop in the TP police office was tense as fuck (before the One Punch Man vs BOBoulder moment)? I was on the edge of my seat, I didn't want Andy or Lucy or anybody to get hurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
I'm Lynched boys...I'm Lynched

What do I do with myself now
>>
>>87302605
That was a stone cold move.

Coop could've have lived happily ever after but he decided to send another Tulpa instead, and pursue more shenanigans with Diane? The whole in love with real Diane thing was also extremely rushed. They had professional relationship in FWWM and the original series. Coop didn't bat an eye when falling over Annie, and sent Diane some random recordings about how he's falling in love with Annie
>>
>>87302851
>交代, that is "jiāo dài", is Chinese meaning 'to explain'. The ultimate negative force is explanation
pls b real
>>
File: electricity.jpg (64KB, 1024x400px) Image search: [Google]
electricity.jpg
64KB, 1024x400px
>>
>>87302359
My interpretation

Laura was never supposed to die. The universe (fireman, senorita dido, etc) did what they had to to fix it. Cooper saved laura and the final segment was her dreaming. When her mom calls for her, she wakes up like normal when shes really supposed to be dead. Maybe the characters are real but different names/personality.

tl;dr universe fixing an error.
>>
>>87302810
>HOW WILL LYNCH EVER RECOVER
He won't need to! He made what he wanted to make and he's happy with it regardless of what /tpg/ or this twitter roastie thinks.

If he's not ashamed of Season 2, he's not definitely not going to be ashamed of Twin Peaks: The Return, which was overall very good.
>>
File: 1488395882890.png (275KB, 340x460px) Image search: [Google]
1488395882890.png
275KB, 340x460px
>>87302851
>>
>>87302333
Yes to all these.
>>
>>87302851
based
>>
>>87302330
>Teapot Jeffries: There may be someone
>The Giant: It is in our house now
see ending S3
>>
>>87302886
well shit
>>
>>87302509
I feel like making a dopple version of yourself sucks out your personality. Just like how evil cooper changed from season 2 to 3.
>>
Imagine having your brain so heavily wired to recognize chekovs guns that you get angry when there arent any lol
>>
>>87302468
I disagree. She's got a second chance now. Something she never had before.

Who knows what the chronological ramifications of killing Bob are? Perhaps when she wakes up, her dad will be fine. Maybe her mom will be too, as shattering Judy's dreamworld probably fucked her up something awful, as it seemed the very notion of Laura not dying in '89 was enough to send her reeling.

With the way time works in Twin Peaks being so undefined, I don't think you can say for certain whether or not she'd awaken in the same 1989 she fell asleep in.
>>
>>87302860
>talentless hack criticizing a better director
LYNCHED
>>
File: photo.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>>87302680
We did get some of those answers though

It sends the wearer to the black lodge upon death, turning them into a resident in there. The owl is meant to be an animal that travels through the woods with ease, similar to what the black lodge entities do.
>Audry got cliffhangered worse than she did in the S2 finale and I've seen no decent theories
Yup. Though she like most other side stories were there to re-inforce the theme of aging and questioning reality and one's own identity. Still kinda shitty though.
>What the fuck was the glass box in NYC and who was the billionaire who paid for it?
It was Booper. I forget the episode, but you can see a picture of him by the box while it gets set up. He was the man behind that CEO who wanted to kill Dougie, who got disposed of after failing to kill him.
>What did Laura whisper in Dale's ear? It clearly didn't shed any light on the Richard/Claire "timeline(?)" so what could it be?
No real answer. Though I bet it's get revealed IN THE NEXT SEASON
Yeah Lynch cucked us here
>>
So think about what Sarah said in the supermarket
>>
>the Tremonds live in the Palmer house
>previously owned by a lady called Chalfont
>this old lady and her grandson were the Tremonds, but went under the name Chalfont as well
>they lived in a trailer which was previously owned by two people also called the Chalfonts

The fuck is the significance of this?
>>
>>87302899
So a JoJo reference?
>>
>>87302886
The second picture is surely just a coincidence, r-right boys?
>>
>>87302860
He's just mad he stole the getting fucked while in coma thing from Kill Bill.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK DID JADE MEAN ABOUT THE LICENSE PLATES?

IS THAT THE KEY TO THE FINALE?
>>
>>87302829
Yeah, and it's very purposeful. I can't find a source right now but I'm almost certain there are interviews where people who worked on FWWM talked about how Lynch was crafting a story about sexual assault and domestic abuse rather than entering the full-blown supernatural territory that we only get glimpses of. It really leads me to believe that everything we've seen transpire was the mental coping and far-fetched rationalization mechanism of a scared girl who was being horrifically raped by her own father.
>>
Question: Does it make any sense that Dark Coop didn't know who Judy was, if he had Cooper's memories from before they diverged?
>>
I can't believe they played my girl Julie Cruise like this...
David... and THAT BITCH Sabrina Sutherland
How can people be so fucking awful... Are they british?
>>
File: Laura.jpg (38KB, 379x479px) Image search: [Google]
Laura.jpg
38KB, 379x479px
I don't think our society can handle endings that make you think. First Sopranos and now this.
>>
so was cooper acting strange in EP 18 because he was trying to figure out what the fuck is going on or because the creation of the dougie tulpa took away his goofy personality.
he started acting this way pretty much as soon as mike created dougie.
>>
>>87302875
>"Would you like a cup of coffee?"
>"No, thanks."
I nearly died
>>
>>87302851
Google Translate agrees
>>
>>87302443
No Judy lost. That's why she was smashing Laura's picture (in Sarah's body) knowing it's over. The ending is realizing that everything is fixed
>>
>>87302929
There won't be a next seasons, anon. Just check Frost's twitter for confirmation.
>>
File: bestboy.jpg (57KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
bestboy.jpg
57KB, 900x506px
>>87302862
>She's is some kind of mental hospital. It was way too modern and clinical looking to be a lodge thing. My guess is the explosion/coma did some damage to her mental state and now she's stuck living in the past.

Yeah, she woke up with EvilCoops rape baby in her tummy she probably went doolally after that
>>
>>87302886
no electricity on the frost/lynch productions at the end...
>>
>>87302923
There were plenty of Chekhov's guns this season though. People just thought there were a few more than there actually were.
>>
>>87302935
they are spirits who take the place of people who got retconned out of unofficial timelines
>>
>>87302935
That the new version of the universe is inhabited by lodge spirits.

Or that Richard used real life people's names as characters in his dreamworld.
>>
>Victim or witness, we're gonna get hurt
>A fragile existence with echoes of wrath
>I can't stop the bleeding nor the tears from thine eye
>There's another us around somewhere with much better lives
>With God as our witness but he won’t testify

From Eddie Vedder's song.
>>
>>87302707
I feel like all the stuff that he knew when he woke up, he learned by spending all that time in the red room or by simply observing as dougie.

I guess since Freddie had some supernatural stuff happen to him and he met the fireman, there's a good chance that there was news about it in the lodge and dale heard about it.
>>
>>87302977
He seemed like normal Coop up until he & Diane traveled to the other dimension.
>>
>>87302974
>Tony was murdered

wow so thought-provoking
>>
File: lynched.png (287KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.png
287KB, 500x380px
>>87302457
They should just go back to /got/ to be honest.
>>
>>87302992
Nope, that caused the schism that made Cooper delve deeper.
>>
I want another season because A) more Twin Peaks would be great, and B) I really want to know what year it is.
>>
>>87302680
We know from FWWM that it is used to prevent spirits from possessing you. We learn in season 3 that whoever dies with the ring on gets sendt to the lodge. Is there anything else that needs to be explained?

Yeah, but I think there's enough pieces scattered across the season about the roadhouse and Billy to find out what actually happened with her. I wouldn't be surprised that her experiences are connected with episode 18.

Its obviously something to connect between the real world and spirit-realm. It might have been supposed to be a prison or a way to stall Cooper as her tries to return.
>>
>>87303028
>>Tony was murdered
First sign of a pleb.
>>
File: harry s thiccman.jpg (40KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
harry s thiccman.jpg
40KB, 600x840px
>>87302862
>Truly disappointing.
Did Nadine even keep her superstrength after getting sandbagged?
>>
>>87302935
Why didn't Cooper just write down the name and then look it up later? What kind of hack FBI agent is he? He's supposed to investigate shit.
>>
>>87302761
(if you have a weak mind)
>>
What was the point of the Steven/Becky/Gersten story ? Also, did Steven shoot Becky before going to the woods to off himself ?
>>
File: 1503205730927.webm (2MB, 447x250px) Image search: [Google]
1503205730927.webm
2MB, 447x250px
Friendly Reminder...

>scenes with Carrie Page were a dream and Laura from 1989 is the dreamer
>Cooper seems a little different because he enters her dreamrealm and Laura's subconscious more or less takes control from here
>last scene Cooper asks "what year is it?"
>we hear the slowed down voice of Sarah Palmer from the Pilot episode calling out to her daughter Laura upstairs to come down for breakfast
>people often hear outside sounds from the real world in their dream before waking up
>Carrie recognizes the voice and screams jolting her out of the dream and in her bed as Laura Palmer
>the morning they would have found her body had Cooper not had altered the past

B R A V O L Y N C H
>>
>>87302935

Judy and Jumping Man

Mother Experiment and Bob

Sarah and Leland

Mrs. Tremond and Grandson

>there are some curious linkages here
>>
File: 1497881631157.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497881631157.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>Coop tries to save Laura from ever being killed
>He disregards the fact that the Black Lodge and the real world form a symbiotic relationship
>Black Lodge is both in the future and the past so events can not be changed as they've already happened
>Coop's attempt at saving Laura cracks reality
>Cooper steps out into a world where Laura is saved, by that's only because she never existed in this reality
>Just like in the finale of season 2, Coop tries to go above and beyond and ends up fucking himself over
>Black Lodge spirits win again
That's how I saw the finale anyways
>>
>>87302468
I cry every morning realizing have to continue living

She survives but she's still in the real world where her dad is abusive. Remember Leland was aware of what he was doing. Maybe now bob doesn't exist, but her life still continues.
>>
>>87302851
>The name Judea is a Greek and Roman adaptation of the name "Judah", which originally encompassed the territory of the Israelite tribe of that name and later of the ancient Kingdom of Judah. Nimrud Tablet K.3751, dated c.733 BCE, is the earliest known record of the name Judah (written in Assyrian cuneiform as Yaudaya or KUR.ia-ú-da-a-a).

the fuck?
>>
>>87302680
I guess it binds the wearer to MIKE/The Arm, transports them to the Red Room and makes sure they don't get out. I doubt we'll ever be able to fully explain it.
People say the coma fucked her up, but seeing as Diane had a tulpa made of her after doppelcoop raped her, I figure the him raping Audrey fucked her up more. Maybe she got stuck inside her mind, maybe she had a tulpa made as well, maybe she's stuck in a version of the Lodge, who knows.
doppelcoop was the one who owned it probably. I figure he was exploring the possibilites of capturing being who come over from the Lodge in the hopes of getting Coop when the time came.
we'll never know.
truly sad.
>>
>>87303054

> What's the point of stories?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dc2jv_Nxv0
What the fuck was her problem and what, exactly, did she mean by this?
>>
I didn't even notice the Jumping Man in 17, holy shit
>>
the only good scene in this show was the axolotl roadhouse performance
>>
>>87303025
when they were driving his mouth was drooping in the same way that Mr. Cs did, before they continued past the pylon.
>>
>>87303050
Whatever you say, Lynch-cuck.
>>
Well shit, judging by these threads, things actually got really unpleasant? for some people.
>>
So, instead of "my father killed me" what could Laura said to Cooper before fucking up time?
>>
>>87303065
Pretty good
>>
>>87303057
Is that really that same scream? Can anybody confirm that?
>>
File: georgia-coffee.jpg (34KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
georgia-coffee.jpg
34KB, 600x428px
My most major question:

If Freddie defeated evil coop and shit, why does evil coop stick around?

If evil coop is somehow manifest when he fucks Diane, or somehow subsumed when coop enter's the show's final reality (see: coffee, his aloofness), then what the fuck did Freddy actually do?????

Also, does the fact that Cooper jumps realities mean Georgia Coffee Cooper is canon? Lynch directed them, after all.
>>
cлoжнa нипaнятнa
>>
>>87303092
Are you fucking serious? It genuinely creeped me the fuck out, the way he was gliding down the stairs.
>>
>>87302860
Wait, didn't he loved FWWM? Why would he hate The Return?
>>
This is the best television we've got since the first seasons of LOST.
You morons should appreciate that more.
>>
>>87303072
Jews are absolute evil. lynch is pretty redpilled
>>
>>87303111
I am the muffin
>>
File: UN_MacLachlan050516_1600.jpg (338KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
UN_MacLachlan050516_1600.jpg
338KB, 1600x900px
>>87303057
This is my interpretation as well, Laura says she saw Coop in a dream and wrote about him in her diary. This scene is what she was writing about.

Reality hasn't been changed, Laura still gets murdered because it is fate that she does.
>>
>>87302750
No. Are you a retard?
>>
WHAT IS SENORITA DIDO

WHY DOES SHE EVEN HAVE A NAME
>>
File: 1504478397792.png (206KB, 357x492px) Image search: [Google]
1504478397792.png
206KB, 357x492px
>>87303092
FRENLO :^)
>>
>>87303121
>If Freddie defeated evil coop
Christ, were you even paying attention at all?
>>
>IT WAS ALL A DREAM
>cooper tried to fuck with the past and mold the dream to his liking aka replace the dreamer
>gets BTFO by Judy
>The End.
B R A V O
>>
>>87302776
Is there any evidence that they weren't in the present day BEFORE the hotel room scene? I thought they were just in the middle of nowhere.
>>
Can someone please tell me something positive about all of this? I'm not memeing or shitposting when I say this, but I genuinely feel depressed by all of this. This show got me through a pretty terrible summer and so did /tpg/ and now I'm wondering if it was even fucking worth it. It sure doesn't feel like it anymore.
>>
>>87302936

>Tfw that Jojo Peaks meme wasn't shitposting, but a reference to S3's ending.
>>
>>87302810
who
>>
File: 1483830442134.jpg (115KB, 491x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483830442134.jpg
115KB, 491x604px
>yfw we get a GOAT movie the same way we got FWWM after the original series.
>>
Having Audrey's fate unknown and Cooper ending the season with a question that will be endlessly asked by viewers is clearly meant to be a cliffhanger and not an ending, specifically invoking season 2's cliffhanger. The question is if they did that because the want to keep going, or if they intentionally wanted to forever leave the viewer with the same sense of wanting that they had for so many years the first time.
>>
>>87303178
did you enjoy any of it?
if yes, then it was worth it.

to quote hawk: you're on the path now, you don't need to know where it leads, just follow.
>>
>>87302851
you know i've always had a strange thought in the back of my head that when nobody is aware of how a thing works, that thing goes on just fine, but as soon as people start to analyze it, now constant upkeep is required to keep it running. maybe this is the same sort of thing. lynch is saying to stop looking for answers, not because they ruin the mystery, but because they literally make things worse and more complicated every time
>>
>>87303111
"Vedderchecked"
>>
>>87303121
That wasn't evil Coop, and it wasn't quite Cooper either. It was Richard, Laura's dream version of Cooper. Diane was Linda.
>>
File: Tammy all wet.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tammy all wet.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87303172
ok, what did he do then?
>>
>>87303070
Did Bob ever exist? Or for a teenage girl, was it easier to believe that there's an all-encompassing evil entity that can cause people to do things like rape their children than it was to believe that Leland was actually completely in control of his actions?
>>
>>87303135
That quote is about FWWM
>>
>>87303191
and Quentin will be at the attendance, telling all the plebs how much this movie sucks ass. and then everyone will realize that lynch is a hack. based quentin.
>>
>not recognising the obvious fatalist theme in Twin Peaks

The morale of the story is no matter how hard Coop tries to save Laura he never can, her destiny is to be murdered by BOB.

The question is this the first time Coop has tried to save her or has Coop been stuck in this cycle for decades if not longer.
>>
>>87303178
You see, we all got what I call a life trap - a gene deep certainty that things will be different... that you'll move to another city and meet the people that'll be the friends for the rest of your life... that you'll fall in love and be fulfilled... fucking fulfillment... and closure, whatever the fuck those two fuckin' empty jars to hold this shit storm. Nothing's ever fulfilled, not until the very end. And closure - nothing is ever over.
>>
>>87303178
>This show got me through a pretty terrible summer
>I'm wondering if it was even fucking worth it
kek
fucking brainlets i swear
>>
I am almost certain that the Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima was playing very faintly while Cooper and Laura rode in the car to Twin Peaks. I couldn't turn the volume up at the time, but I kept hearing the sudden changes in notes much like how the Threnody progresses. Can anybody confirm for me?
>>
>>87302862
>It was way too modern and clinical looking to be a lodge thing
Electricity, backwards music and lines repeated by the Arm. GET REAL.
>>
>>87303178
Ignoring the ending itself, I am depressed that it's over. Even if it was an unquestionably absolutely perfect conclusion that was a masterwork of resolved plot threads it would still leave me empty. It's probably going to take me a long time before I find something to fill this hole.
>>
>>87303178
The show got you through a shit summer, there's the positive. The journey is more important than the end
>>
File: not talking about judy.jpg (49KB, 493x493px) Image search: [Google]
not talking about judy.jpg
49KB, 493x493px
Here's the explanation for what year it is

>when Cooper came out of the curtains, it was 1989
>he's driving a 1980s tier car
>Cooper and Diane crossed over into some place outside of time (430 mile marker, as given by Giant)
>they go to the motel that Jeffries/the convenience store/the Dutchman was associated with
>at this time it is still 1989
>Cooper wakes up in a different motel because during the course of the night, he and Diane went into a different place in time and space (the Dutchman is a portal)
>he drives around in a newer car, notices all the modern architecture and brand names, etc.
>it's likely present day 2017 right there
>he goes to TP with Carrie
>the actress playing the owner of the Palmer house is the actual, real life owner of the Palmer house in present day

it's
>current year
>>
>>87303216
He defeated BOB. Lucy/Coop defeated Evil Coop.
>>
File: i want a diner show.jpg (832KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
i want a diner show.jpg
832KB, 2700x1800px
>>87303111
Something simple like "You have to let my father kill me." maybe?
>>
>>87303251
"No!"
>>
>>87302862
> It was way too modern and clinical looking to be a lodge thing
wtf it was a room of pure light, and then we saw spooky lodge dudes play audreys dance backwards. shes definitely fallen into the lodge
>>
>>87303057
>Laura Palmer wakes up from a dream in 1989
>she is dead
please explain
>>
>mfw still haven't watched fire walk with me and I totally get what's going on with the non linear timeline bs
God it's pretty basic science fiction how dim are u lot?

Shovel yourself out of the shit
>>
>when Laura gets off James' bike and re arranges her stockings

DIAMONDS
>>
>>87302291
Why did Cooper slough over before asking what year it was? I know the question probably means more than it seems, but has anyone noticed anything looking out of place? Everything looked contemporary to me.
>>
File: 1501904391389.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501904391389.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen https://youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
>>
>>87303191
>it doesn't "resolve" the ending and all and is instead a prequel about Nadine
>>
File: 1504492631649.jpg (81KB, 789x775px) Image search: [Google]
1504492631649.jpg
81KB, 789x775px
>>87302810
who bitch this is?
>>
>>87303274
you didn't have to write that down because there's a shot of odessa population sign which indicates it's a present time.
>>
Wait

Did we get a "In memory of Miguel Ferrer" or something in the credits?
>>
File: 1504506404145.png (130KB, 306x372px) Image search: [Google]
1504506404145.png
130KB, 306x372px
So... what was the deal with Sarah Palmer? Was she a host for Judy?

What was the deal with the glass box, who owned it?

What was the point of Shelly's daughter and her loser boyfriend? Specifically the last scene in the forest where he shot and we didn't know what happened.
>>
>>87303274
>the actress playing the owner of the Palmer house is the actual, real life owner of the Palmer house in present day

Is this true? That would be pretty neat.
>>
>>87303295
>how dim are u lot?
It's a board that thinks GoT is a masterpiece.
>>
>>87303291
She's not dead. Cooper changed the past.
>>
>>87303204
why would Laura imagine Richard kinda sinister and then super sinister when he fucks Linda? Why would Laura imagine them fucking at all? It makes sense that she would have a dream version of Cooper, but the rest doesn't follow for me.
>>
>>87302899
Amazing. You came up with all that based on almost nothing
>>
>>87302599
https://youtu.be/tGfqRQVrToo
>>
>>87303322
It's always in the episode of the actor's first appearance, I believe.
>>
>>87303251
but quentin is even more for plebs
>>
>>87303156
But this is the opposite of what the anon you're responding to is saying. His theory explicitly says that Laura didn't die. It's a retarded theory, though.
>>
>>87303252
doesn't matter, twin peaks is sexist garbage anyway
>no female writers
into a trash it goes. x-files is better than that. it has actual female writers.
>>
Jiao de means screamed in Chinese.

Laura is Judy confirmed
>>
>>87303178
It's about the journey, and the journey never truly ends. It's down to you to make sense of the dream and what it means to you. We all someday have to take the same step as Cooper into an unfamiliar world where there are no easy answers.
To me, Laura's recognising and somehow breaking the Carrieverse is a sign that there is still a truth to be found and a reason to keep going.
>>
Find Laura.
>>
Okay, so was Laura disappearing in the woods when Coop was holding her hand supposed to be linked to the scene where she gets sucked out of the lodge ceiling? Because the screaming seemed to be identical.
>>
File: year.jpg (64KB, 666x570px) Image search: [Google]
year.jpg
64KB, 666x570px
>>
>>87303340
Not Richard Horne. The Richard The Fireman mentions in the first episode of The Return. Richard Horne is NOT the Richard The Fireman is talking about.

"Richard" and "Linda" are the two names Laura's dreaming subconscious gives Cooper and Diane. They have nothing to do with Richard Horne.
>>
>>87303323
>What was the point of Shelly's daughter and her loser boyfriend?

All of those meaningless scenes were filler. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>87303372
thanks. yrev helpful, Leland
>>
What the fuck was the deal with Audrey?
>>
>>87303304
slouch*
>>
>>87303305
Was the vedderfag right all along?
>>
"Julie and the Doug" spinoff NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
>>
>>87303323
>What was the point of Shelly's daughter and her loser boyfriend? Specifically the last scene in the forest where he shot and we didn't know what happened.

Does LITERALLY everything have to be spelled out for you guys?

She was part of an inconsequential subplot, like many subplots in the original series. A red herring, if you will.

In the traditional way of SHOW DON'T TELL, it makes it pretty obvious that he killed Becky off-screen. Why wouldn't he? He's a drugged out lunatic & Becky was likely threatening him with a gun. It could've even been the same gun that he had.

He then kills himself off-screen. Because he clearly didn't kill Mark Frost or a squirrel. End of the story.
>>
>>87303355
lmao cuck
>>
File: hows annie.jpg (153KB, 1777x999px) Image search: [Google]
hows annie.jpg
153KB, 1777x999px
>>87303229
FWWM is pretty tough to watch the first time. More so if you've never even seen Twin Peaks beforehand. I didn't watch the series until years later.
>>
>I'll see you again at the curtain call
>there is no curtain call

>say hi to Gordon for me.
>Gordon isn't seen again

tfw LYNCHED
>>
>>87303372
>your face when you realize the hallway Coop goes into after Leland says this in the premiere is sealed shut at the end by some sort of static and he has to backtrack
>in the finale he wiggles his finger and the curtains open for him
>>
>>87302509
he was Richard, a different man in a different world. he's linked to Cooper in the same way murderman in Lost Highway is linked to that mechanic kid, the same way the blonde woman in mulholland drive is linked to that girl asleep on the couch.
>>
>>87303336
ahh my bad i misread that. I agree that makes sense
>>
>>87303304
Probably because he's either in shock and everything is slowly starting to emotionally overcome him, or he's struggling to keep hold of his identity.
>>
>>87303360
>Jiao de means screamed in Chinese

It does not.

t. Taiwanese
>>
>>87303323
>What was the point of Shelly's daughter and her loser boyfriend? Specifically the last scene in the forest where he shot and we didn't know what happened.

This is one of the few storylines where it seems like a lot got left on the cutting room floor as opposed to Lynch/Frost being intentionally mysterious. Some anon was claiming that the boyfriend killed Shelly's daughter but I don't remember any real indication that occurred.
>>
>>87303251
But Tarantino is a hack who uses the same stale gimmick in all his movies, he's not in a position to criticise Lynch about anything.

What was his last truly great movie?

His last three:

>The Hateful Eight
Garbage
>Django Unchained
Meh
>Inglorious Basterds
It was ok I guess
>>
>>87302992
But Judy isn't in Sarah's body
>>
>>87303349
tarantino is more accessible to a general audience but he is an equally competent director. the real problem with him is borrowing from other films a little bit too much.
>>
>>87303388
did you even read what you responded to?
>>
>>87303400
She was a nut in an insane asylum.
>>
>>87303323
>So... what was the deal with Sarah Palmer? Was she a host for Judy?
Nobody knows. That's up to interpretation and is a legitimate cliffhanger

>What was the deal with the glass box, who owned it?
There's a pic of Evil Coop setting it up. The billionare probably doesn't matter, Evil Coop set it up for reasons.

This is legitimately upsetting. They brought back Shelly, and have her divorce Bobby and fall into another sketchy drug dealer guy. Shelly of all people should know better after her ordeal with Leo. They never give anyone around her plotline with exception of Bobby a decent closure. Even with Bobby, it is less of a closure now that he got cucked out of Shelly again despite being an upstanding citizen, Deputy Sheriff and a decent dad.
>>
>>87303305
NOW this is funny
>>
>>87303408
my mind lynched me into typing Janey wrong
>>
so MIKE was a good guy after all? he really did see the face of god?
>>
Will vedderposting ever die out?
>>
>>87303437
Maybe Cantonese? Josie was from Hong Kong after all.
>>
File: 1504477969737.png (19KB, 622x333px) Image search: [Google]
1504477969737.png
19KB, 622x333px
>>87302875
I really thought he would just shoot Andy the moment they saw each other.
>>
File: curtain call.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
curtain call.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87303421
>there is no curtain call
>>
>>87303440
>But Tarantino is a hack who uses the same stale gimmick in all his movies
...just like lynch lmao
>>
>>87302886
>>87302999
well would ya look at that...
>>
>>87303019
>Hello, I'm the Fireman and this is LNN. Today, Freddie has acquired the green glove. More at 4:30.
>>
>>87303477
rightful british clay
>>
>>87303252
You see this theme throughout Norse mythology a lot, Twin Peaks is certainly fatalist in the sense that no matter what Coop does he can never save Laura. She is destined to be killed by BOB.
>>
>>87302883
>things come out of nowhere in dreams
damn...
>>
>>87303421
>>there is no curtain call
>>
>>87302675
>tfw no texan milf gf
>>
>>87303446
not at all. i think lynch can be a really shit director but he also directed the elephant man and the fucking straight story. two films miles ahead of anything tarantino has done
>>
MIKE walking out of the darkness in 17 scared the bejeezus out of me.
Phillip Gerard is a fucking lodge spirit in real life.
>>
>>87303041
s3 didn't tell us how annie is therefore s4 won't tell us what year it is
>>
>>87303049
carl already told him about them in fwwm.
>>
>>87303410
>AYYY STOP ASKING QUESTIONS YOU FAGGOT
>HAHAHAA LYNCHED xxXXxx
>>
>>87302291

Any other 3rd worlder watching TP who thought those pancakes look delicious? One day I wanna go to America and taste that, and also what a hamburger tastes like.
>>
Lynch gave Cooper the worst ending ever, I didn't even assume as much in worst case scenario.

He fucked him beyond and repair.
>>
>>87302634
>>87302707
>>87303019
>>87303500
didnt he say that he met Briggs too? clearly Cooper's personal experience is not exactly as we saw it.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
I was really hoping GOTTALIGHT would come back.
>>
>>87303440
1. Death Proof
2. The Hateful Eight
3. Inglourious Basterds
>>
you fags still in denial? That was one of the worst finales in television history
>>
>>87303098
honestly has nothing to do with lynch. if you enjoy the journey, an ending you don't enjoy can't erase that unless you have a weak mind. this applies to anything and your reply only further proves it
>>
All these people acting so smug and sure that there's going to be a season 4 are the most LYNCHED ones of all.

Just because it has a cliffhanger doesn't mean it's going to continue. If anything, this just proves that Twin Peaks is just meant to have an unhappy ending and Cooper despite being the hero is always doomed to fail.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 593x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 593x466px
ODESSA

=

ODYSSEY

>Greek meaning full of wrath. Feminine form of Odysseus (M), therefore meaning odyssey

COOP

=

ODYSSEUS
>>
>>87303410
>Does LITERALLY everything have to be spelled out for you guys?
>Here's my head canon that happened because "Why wouldn't he?"

Yikes
>>
>>87303551
There's nothing ~LYNCHED~ about it. It's probably the most straightforward subplot with a resolution aside from Big Ed & Norma.

There's really no other way the situation could have unfolded, the only resolution we miss is Bobby & Shelly's reaction to it.
>>
>>87303440
>What was his last truly great movie?
Reservoir Dogs
>>
>>87302680
>dougie never got stuck in a feedback loop with the jail cell guy
>>
>>87303410
It wasn't even a red herring, much of the shows focus on things other than Coop was about cycles and how the old characters are repeating the same mistakes of their youth (Shelly, Norma) or are stuck trying to relive their youth (Audrey, James) and how their children are shadows of them doomed to repeat the sins of the father/mother. Becky, Richard, Wally, Sonny Jim and even Laura all have shades of this at least.
>>
>>87302675
MILF
>>
>>87302886
SIGIL
>>
>>87303617
>>87303617
>>87303617
>>87303617
>>87303617
NEW
>>
>>87303462
He tries to do good, but he's a dark spirit similar to BOB. He feeds on fear just like BOB.
>>
>>87303557
this, poor Dale ;_;

he isn't even really Dale anymore
>>
>>87302930
Blows my mind "that used to be a different jerky
>>
Was the original Dougie Jones a tulpa?
>>
Do you think what happened to Coop also happened to Jeffries?
>>
I KNOW MY WORTH AND WHO I AAAAAMMMM
>>
File: 4441.png (212KB, 540x260px) Image search: [Google]
4441.png
212KB, 540x260px
>>
File: Sigil_of_Lucifer.svg.png (38KB, 718x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Sigil_of_Lucifer.svg.png
38KB, 718x1023px
>>87303631
>>
>>87303580
people here will suck lynch's dick even if he directs a show with 20 episodes of a bird pooping
>>
what did this mean?
was the cooper that came out of the motel a different one too? is that why she was covering his face, or was it memories of booper raping her?
>>
>>87302718
it was a long journey so they had to stop to fill up the car's engine... it would be a bit ridiculous if they could drive from texas to washington on one load of petrol wouldn't it mate..
>>
So uh

The whole reason Laura decided to die in the first place was to prevent bob from possessing her. So now Coopers gone back and stopped her?
I assumed when we first saw older Laura in Odessa that this was her in a future where she was possessed by Bob. And I felt even more sure when we saw the white horse (Bob's token for when he's about to kill) and then a murdered guy in the chair. But then the rest of the episode just dropped the idea.

So what happened. Is it trying to say that when you kill bob in the future, you kill him in the past too? Because then why would you even need to go back to save Laura? She wouldn't be tormented by BOB anymore so she would have no reason to die.

help
>>
>>87303601
Literally why else would he say "i-it's my fault!!! it's all my fault!" while holding a gun? Meanwhile Gersten is calming him down by saying "noooooo it's Becky's fault!!!!!".

Explain ANY OTHER situation where this dialogue would make sense while also excluding Becky's appearance and followed by a suicide.
>>
File: 4.jpg (24KB, 587x247px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
24KB, 587x247px
>>
was it judy?
>>
>>87303557
Does Lynch hate this character or something? First the "real" Cooper is barely in the show until the final three episodes and Lynch goes out of his way to fuck with people who keep expecting him. Then he traps him in an even worse situation than season 2 AND offers up the possibility that he might lose his identity. It all just seems really remarkably cruel.
>>
File: 1501151973931.jpg (153KB, 915x1623px) Image search: [Google]
1501151973931.jpg
153KB, 915x1623px
>>87303334
Touche
>>
The finale was meta commentary on how Lynch realized he should have never brought the series back because you can't go back to Twin Peaks 25 years later and expect it to be the same. Also him saying that lore fags should find a gf and have kids instead of make up head canon.
>>
>>87303691
They probably would need to eat and shit too. Why didn't they show that?
>>
>>87303204
>coop and diane = richard and linda
not that into this theory desu. trying too hard to slot things into mulholland drives ending imo
>>
>>87303648
>>87303557
Only a few episodes ago he barely even knew his own name. I think people counting Cooper out because he's acting weird are jumping to conclusions. He's been lost before and made his way out again.
>>
>>87303281
>tfw you will never fuck Shelly
Why even live?
>>
>>87302361
When was Judy actually in their house, though?
Why wouldn't he have added "miles" after 430?

I loved this season but some of it is unnecessarily cryptic for no reason. "To frustrate detective fans" is not a good enough reason for making things unbelievably obtuse within narrative.

Him just saying "Remember 430" without any context is stupid.
>>
>>87302361
>>Two birds with one stone.
If the two birds are Laura and Judy, then it makes a lot of sense. The Fireman wants them in the same place - in the world where he can interact with them - to complete his mission.
>>
>>87303744
dont be ridiculous that would just be unnecessarily wasting the viewers time
>>
>>87302886
Oh christ, how did I not notice that shape in the pylons? Fuuuuuuck.
>>
>>87303732
>>87303601
>head canon

groovy buzzword senpai. what is viewer interpretation anyway?
>>
>>87303524
well I kind of agree I havent watched the elephant man but I really liked the straight story, though in my opinion blue velvet is lynch's best and is better that tarantinos best.
>>
>>87303728
Dougie is Lynch's mockery of Cooper fans, he's a braindead retard who only responds to coffee and cherry pie. There's clearly some malice there.
>>
>>87303342
Remember when log lady said Laura is the one? It's meant that Laura is the main character of this event. I believe the fireman and Judy are real but in a realm higher than ours. If Laura was meant to die, why'd the fireman go through so much effort to save Her? She's the one because she's the dreamer. Dreams don't follow 3d laws
>>
Why does the key to Dale's old room, on the third floor, open up the door in the basement?
>>
>>87303660
MISTER IF YOU'RE HARD UP I CAN SPARE A FEW GRAAAAAAAAAND
>>
File: rip miguel.jpg (71KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
rip miguel.jpg
71KB, 720x400px
>>87303348
Oh you're right, from ep3
>>
>>87303795
Meaningless, apparently
>>
>>87303582
>an ending you don't enjoy can't erase that unless you have a weak mind"

*tips you know what*

I don't get what this has to do with a "weak mind". The show had a great build up with minor bumps but was completely thrown out the window by the end. This applies to anything. What is it you don't get?
>>
>>87303389
>All of those meaningless scenes were filler. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know if you're memeing or not but... to me a lot of that "filler" content is what really makes The Return special. It's what justified the 18 episode length. Just getting to see the world live and breathe and not always have a cut-and-dry purpose or outcome was the point. Whether you consider that filler or not is up to the viewer I guess.

Not every show needs to be like GoT where each episode is basically a slideshow of "Pay attention: this happens, this happens, and then this happens. See you next week."
>>
>>87303914
shhhh don't you remember all the non-cooper scenes in S1 and 2 were "filler" too?
>>
Is it not bullshit that "It was all a dream" is a legitimate explanation for every event in this show? If any other show ended with the main character waking up in another reality with it implied earlier in the season that the previous, canon of the show reality was a fucking DREAM, you guys would tear it apart.
>>
>>87303779
She'll cuck you anyway for David Lynch, then another random drug dealer bad boy.

Just ask Bobby
>>
>>87303880
>The show had a great build up with minor bumps but was completely thrown out the window by the end

I don't know if I agree with that. The whole series led up to Cooper going back and trying to save Laura, which he royally fucked up. He doesn't make the preceding events fake or meaningless.
>>
>>87302361
>>87303784
Alright, so how did Cooper know *which* mile 430 marker to go to anyway, and why? Lodge magic?
>>
>>87303176
...their car?
>>
>>87303400
the whole "audrey is insane/in a coma" seems too straightfoward. My guess is that, like cooper, she retains her former memories when coop retcons laura's death and splinters reality into an alternate timeline. If she was in an insane asylum its likely because she has memories of events (such as dopplecoop raping her, the explosion at the bank, etc.) which had been erased from history so everyone thinks she's a total nutjob for being raped by a dude who never even came to twin peaks in the first place.
>>
>>87303979
We're not tearing it apart because it's so obviously not that simple. Right to the very end we are reminded that there is no such easy distinction as "that world was fake and this one is real".
>>
>>87303136
>This is the best television we've got since the first seasons of LOST.

LOST was pleb tier garbage
>>
>>87302656
>I would imagine Bob taking over Cooper body would've been like POTUS after 25 years, or some really powerful FBI agent
I think maybe he just wanted to cause pain and suffering.
Whatever oneupsmanship he had due to his supernatural nature wasn't enough for BOB to even successfully corrupt one teenage girl the last time around. But this time he's supposed to be good enough to conquer planet earth?
I get what you're saying and Bad Coop seems a little too "small time". But this could be a commentary on how isolated evil individuals usually fuck up and lack ambition.

Everything he did within this series was dictated by the "25 years later" timeframe. Bad Coop knew that when he didn't go back in, then the agents of the Lodge(s) would come after him. Apparently he felt that his best bet was to make a run for it to the White Lodge, either to attack it or ask for refuge or something. But as we see in the finale, the White Lodge wanted nothing to do with him and instead immediately trapped him and gave him back to the Black Lodge so he could be burnt.

Don't forget that Bad Coop didn't even know what Judy was. In other words Gordon Cole knew more than him. Bad Coop wasn't some omniscient genius. He didn't know at times if BOB was still with him, and BOB evidently didn't give him the backstory on Judy or any number of other details.
>>
>>87304127
t. brainlet
>>
>>87302666
Possibly because he thought he could hold some of these people, Naido in particular, hostage in order to get safety or negotiate some sort of deal. Or at the very least cause more pain and suffering by murdering these people who were close to the good guys.
>>
>>87302862
audrey is 100% in the white lodge
>>
>goes to Odessa to find Judy

jews confirmed to be the ultimate evil
>>
>>87302514
>my headcanon is real, I s-s-swear!
okay sweetie
>>
>>87302886
Great fucking catch
>>
>>87304080
>the whole "audrey is insane/in a coma" seems too straightfoward.
>Muh headcannon is straightforward, everyone who's confused is LYNCHED ^TM

Just because you had a headcannon that you believe with scant amount of evidence doesn't mean everything is straightforward
>>
ending being good or bad aside, should we as the audience have been attached to the characters, like them, empathize with them, or just from the beginning seeing them as tools for lynch surreal art piece?
>>
>>87303342
>You came up with all that based on almost nothing
uh yeah that's pretty much been every Twin Peaks-related fan theory since the very beginning
>>
>>87304375
>can

>headcanon

yeah mane fuck speculation post some fuccin memes!
>>
>>87303880
destinationfags pls go (to ur destination)
>>
>>87303710
>tweet David K Lynch
Season 4 unconfirmed then
>>
looking back over the whole season is disturbing as shit
>audrey raped and crazy
>diane raped
>sarah palmer possessed
>log lady dead
>coop and laura trapped in nightmare reality
hell even Coop's brief reunion with his friends in Twin Peaks was overlayed with a shot of his face looking worried and frightened
nostalgiafags btfo forever
>>
>>87303439
There was a leaked screenshot of Shelly's daughter wrapped in plastic like Laura with Bobby crying over her.

More is coming to us...
>>
Didn't Cooper get two seeds?
>>
>>87304833
No, two rides.

XD
>>
Whatever the fuck is this Judy thing, it must be terrifying as all hell.
I was spooked outta my brain every time a Sarah Palmer scene came on this season.
>>
>>87303305
I laughed.
>>
why did gordon see albert as laura when he opened the door in episode 14 or whatever?
>>
>>87302977
It also explains why Diane is triyng to cover Cooper's face during sex scene. It's not her Cooper anymore, purest part of him is now with Janey-E and Sonny Jim. Basically now it's dark Cooper, but without BOB inside him.
>>
File: 15045386113030.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
15045386113030.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
David's face watching fans' reaction
>>
File: 15045389379190.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
15045389379190.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
DAVID KEITH PYNYA, who raped his own daughter
>>
>>87304710
That was from the Psych episode "Dual Spires".
>>
>>87302500

You're too dumb to live.
>>
>>87302997
>check Frost's twitter
It's just a sea of political retweets
>>
>>87305396
And you must be too almighty for us mortals, ya dinkhead.
>>
>>87304709

i think he was dreaming that reunion.
>>
>The Facebook page Fire Walk With Memes got deleted.
lmao
>>
>>87303477
They speak cantonese in Taiwan. I'll check later for mandarin.
>>
>>87302886
but what does it mean?
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.