[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Who General - /who/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 51

The Doctor is cute. CUTE! edition

Declared non-canon
>>85100026
>>
>>85106966
atleast it'll make sense for the doctor not knowing how to fly the tardis this time
>>
File: HA.jpg (28KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
HA.jpg
28KB, 500x700px
>>85106966
I am wanting of a Hayley Atwell companion!
>>
>>85107026
>haley gets injured
>has to suckle doctor to survive because time lord breast milk has healing properties

imagine if that actually happened haha!
>>
>>85107026
I like the way your mind works anon
>>
File: 1500235884963.gif (3MB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
1500235884963.gif
3MB, 370x278px
>>85107026
Pertwee would too anon
>>
i watched the news with my mommy and we clapped so hard gosh, i had to jump into reddit to post the news there! i got lots of karma :3
>>
just got to the first Dodo episode. this the point where it starts to get kino as fuck?
>>
>>85106784
>>85106809
>>85106965
The idea of Tennant returning as a new regeneration always seemed like a pathetic last resort if the show goes tits-up. Worst thing is, he'd probably do it if asked.
>>
>>85107071
wow thank i SPLINKED pants
>>
TWINK COMPANION WHEN?
>>
>>85107118
But I'm pretty certain it would work

>>85107068
Would watch
>>
File: 1443555763755.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443555763755.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>we finally get a qt female Doctor waifu
>Atwellfags still won't fuck off and keep spamming pics of the fat slut who is literally not relevant to Doctor Who and thus pure shitposting

FUCK OFF ALREADY HALEYFAGS SHE'S OVERRATED AS FUCK AND HAS A MAN FACE.
>>
>>85107071
Will Domhnall Gleeson ever be in Doctor Who?

They need to nab him now before he gets TOO famous.
>>
File: Whittaker3.jpg (42KB, 468x428px) Image search: [Google]
Whittaker3.jpg
42KB, 468x428px
>>85107210
Literally this. Face > Tits
>>
File: regen3784u.jpg (52KB, 466x272px) Image search: [Google]
regen3784u.jpg
52KB, 466x272px
>>85107068
>13 gets gravely injured
>Regeneration energy starts exploding out of her tits

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
>>
File: 1500260264151.gif (955KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500260264151.gif
955KB, 500x200px
>>85107236
I AGREE WHOLEHEATEDLY
>>
Please someone help me, I've jerked off to Jodie over 10 times since the announcement. How do I stop?
>>
Reminder that Marshall is set to be the next companion
>>
File: 13th_drawing.jpg (97KB, 970x827px) Image search: [Google]
13th_drawing.jpg
97KB, 970x827px
>>85106966
>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
http://www.saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
https://glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE NEED MORE ENTRIES
>>
>>85107288
You don't
>>
File: Whittaker1.jpg (6KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Whittaker1.jpg
6KB, 320x200px
What's her main plot arc going to be, /who/?
>>
>>85107312
none hopefully
plot arcs are a mistake
>>
>>85107312
fighting valeyard tennant and the fanboose rooting for tennant
>>
>>85107312
What's the greatest hairstyle in the galaxy ?
>>
>>85107288
>2 days
>10 times

To completion?

Get yourself to a sperm bank lad, your wank powers must be harnessed for the good of mankind.
>>
>>85107208
>But I'm pretty certain it would work
That's the worst thing. Tennant would do it in a heartbeat because he loved the part and you could see how excited he was to be in the 50th Special. He's got a good career but he hasn't gone Hollywood yet (closest was main villain in a Marvel Netflix series).
It would also create enormous excitement from the fans who left after Tennant/Smith and get them back to watching the show. It would definitely work. But it would also be a bit sad in a way, I think.
>>
>>85107334
Well some shows have plot arcs and are kino
>>
>>85107347
clearly a single braid down the back

been that way since the beginning of time
>>
>>85107312
She's an alien time traveller who goes on adventures.
>>
>>85107312
It'd be cool if she used the new, unorthodox regeneration to lay low from UNIT given that they have only seen male Doctor incarnations. Maybe the Zygons take over UNIT again and new Doctor has to stealthily fix it.
>>
Reminder that first female Doctor was in the 80s, and played by the wonderful Barbara Benedetti: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnc4wd
>>
>>85107312
Character-wise: Coming to terms with the fact he's female now.

Story-wise: Hopefully something minor and simple like the Pandorica.
>inb4 Great Vampire
>>
>>85107334
>>85107389
Why are old Doctor Whos called serials and the new ones are called episodes?

Isn't that backwards?
>>
>>85107449
>Character-wise: Coming to terms with the fact he's female now.

thats fucking retarded. the doctor is human, not a timelord, s/he probably wont care much more than the fact they're still not ginger
>>
>>85107068

The worst part of this whole thing is that these threads are going to get even more cringeworthy.
>>
>>85107312
>>85107334
Yes, let's stop main arcs. Let's have the Doctor and her companion(s) travel around and have adventures in time and space, and then a finale episode where the stakes are really high.
I'm done with Bad Wolf/Saxon/Crack/Am I a good man stuff. Adventures and well-written characters please.
>>
>>85107494
*timelord not a human,
>>
I'm gonna do something. Whenever the sex change or the Doctor's sex is alluded to, I ll be done with the episode.
At the end of the series, I'll count how many actual minutes I've saved (#missy)
>>
>>85107505
>he doesn't want to imagine atwells tongue lovingly caressing jodies nipples
u gay son?
>>
File: 1497841567058.jpg (20KB, 425x412px) Image search: [Google]
1497841567058.jpg
20KB, 425x412px
>tfw thought that /who/ would be nothing but whining manchildren crying that the show is ruined
>tfw it's the complete opposite
>>
>>85107449

>assuming xe's female

Wow. That's pretty sexist.
>>
>>85107463
How so? Classic Who had serials, 30-minute episodes for 4-7 weeks straight telling one story. NuWho has episodes, the story is contained in a single episode, or sometimes a two-parter.
>>
>>85107494
Eh, I'm not asking for anything too dramatic, but it needs to be adressed. At least for the first time he's a female, there's gotta be some small distress over it, he can't just accept it willy nilly.
It can be played for laughs or a bit serious or both, but I just feel it would be better with it.
>>
>>85107449
If that's coming down to term with being female, I'll burn every single DW merchandise I own, never buying any again
That would be total cancer

>>85107509
You can make actually good plot arcs
Doctor who ones are shit though
>>
>>85107509
>adventures in Doctor fucking Who feel like filler
>meanwhile the best NuWho episodes are the isolated stories

Hell, /who/ seemed down on it but I really liked Empress of Mars. It was a cool idea, set on another planet, had one-off characters who actually died for real, and monsters who were killing them.

Gatiss for showrunner.
>>
>>85107640
Yeah i agree with that, i just dont think it should be a character arc anymore than 12 being older was.
>>
>>85107596
You should've seen the state of /who/ yesterday. But most of the /pol/ fags and other visitors have gone now. And the regulars on here who were disappointed or even angry at first have calmed down and seen sense.
>>
A female Doctor Who is bad because.............???
>>
making bacon and eggs lads
>>
>>85107596
Here I am

But tumblr invaded us and actual /who/vians are gone
>>
I'm boycotting!

When the writer went out of his way to chose a woman and the woman playing the Doctor is a self-confessed feminist, you know shit's about to fall apart.
>>
>>85107711
she won't be getting railed by aliens every episode

i want to see a 2 foot long cyberman probe all the way inside her
>>
>>85107689
Fair enough, make it something that's solved in Jodie's first episode.
The rest is just wacky "male trapped in female body" hijinks
>>
>>85107509
Tbh that was last season, there was no overarching plot connecting everything and Bill while she was important in the Monk trilogy wasn't some big mystery to be solved at the end of the season. And there was no big bad controlling everything from behind the scenes.
>>
do you like the 13th doctor?
let's settle this
http://www.strawpoll.me/13462856
>>
>>85107610
I generally call them stories but Wikipedia calls them "serials", divided into "episodes". Whereas the new ones are just "episodes", even if they're two-parters.

The serials don't link together as the new episodes do (just look at all the awful people who skip stories, especially reconstructions/animations). So they're not like old film serials in that regard.
>>
>>85107640

The master didn't even realize he was a woman.

Of course Chinballs won't be able to resist shoving his SJW garbage down everyone's throats.
>>
>>85107640
I liked the idea of the Doctor not even noticing until halfway the first episode where she walks past a mirror. I'd prefer it to be played for laughs and I think that's what they'll do. Not a whole "I'm a woman now and all my views have changed", more of a "Well...this is new...Anyway, I'm the Doctor, and you are?"
>>
>>85107118
They could just have him play meta crisis doctor.
>>
>>85107801
They are serials cause it means multiple or something, a serial killer has multiple victims, there are multiple episodes making up one story.
>>
>>85107819
Jodie Whittaker is a feminist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/16/doctor-jodie-whittaker-replace-peter-capaldi-time-lord-regeneration/

We're fucking doomed.
>>
>>85107827

Stop assuming xis gender shitlord.
>>
>>85107827
>I liked the idea of the Doctor not even noticing until halfway the first episode where she walks past a mirror

It's going to be either this or full-on surprise breasts fondling after regeneration body check.
It depends on how crazy Chib is feeling
>>
I wish 13 start having regrets, find ways to go back to make things right with companions (Donna memory, pond separated from family...)
And 13 bangs with : Amy, Donna, Rose, Clara, Martha

Im already having that kind of wet dreams
>>
File: lt.jpg (86KB, 1335x760px) Image search: [Google]
lt.jpg
86KB, 1335x760px
>>85107596
We all want to talk about how much we want to fuck the Doctor rather than bitch about the fact she's female

Her attractiveness placated the general, if she was pic related we would be in chaos
>>
>>85107750
What woman wouldn't call herself a feminist? Of course she wants equal rights, pay and respect. The word "feminism" has been poisoned by certain people taking it too far and becoming man-hating while still calling themselves feminists. There's nothing wrong with feminism, if you do the same job, you get the same amount of money. Sounds normal to me. There should be a new term for those "feminists" who just go out and hate men and call them all pigs and rapists for no reason.
>>
>>85107987
Feminazis
That's how they're called
>>
>>85107872
I suppose so, but "serial" has a specific meaning in film. They'd end with Flash Gordon about to fall off a cliff and you have to watch the next serial to find out what happens.

The way it's used in Classic Who they should be "episodes" (with individual "parts" or something), and the NEW ones should be "serials" (since there's always some Bad Wolf/Missy/Hybrid bollocks).
>>
Can we please have an episode where she has an unexplained pregancy and has to find the father?
>>
File: 250px-Scaroth.jpg (15KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Scaroth.jpg
15KB, 250x188px
Scaroth reporting in.
>>
>>85107987
this. there has literally never been anything wrong with being a feminist. it's the third wave "kill all men" feminists who are the problem.
>>
File: Tilda_Swinton_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (226KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Tilda_Swinton_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
226KB, 1200x1800px
I don't care about a female doctor okay but this casting seems weird. She just plays house wife characters in everything she's in. No eccentricity. Now Tilda Swinton however, she could gave nailed the role.
>>
Hey /who/, has anyone shooped whittaker onto capaldis head for series 10 costume so we can get an idea of what she'll look like post-regen?
>>
>>85107794
That said, there was a large focus on the Vault for the first half, and Missy in the latter half. The Vault stuff wasn't so bad (allbeit unsatisfying), since it gave the Doctor a reason to be spending time on earth at the university, which contributed to a lot of good bits of exposition and development with Bill.
But the Missy stuff wasn't great, even though I love Michelle Gomez - It really cut into a number of episodes and didn't add anything to them, and just makes the episode that you're watching feel insignificant, and treats the forthcoming finale with much more importance than the episode you're watching. Extremis is incredibly undermined by it, and Empress of Mars and Eaters of Light aren't a whole lot better.

The issue with Doctor Who's series arcs is that they aren't really series arcs. They're not stories that link the episodes and tie things together, nor do they add to any of the individual episodes. They're just teasers for the finale, but several weeks in advance, and they come at the cost of screentime that would ultimately make the individual episodes better if they had it. I think an important ideology for the showrunners would be to treat the current episode as "the most important episode" and make each week feel special - rather than undermine them with hints at what's to come for the sake of making the finale feel that much more special. If they can do a series arc that balances that, then that's great, and if Chibnall achieves that, I'll applaud him. But right now, I'm burned out on them and would rather they just go.
>>
>>85107827
It definitely needs to be addressed in my opinion. Recent series have been hinting that cross-gender regenerations happen often, but the most notable time lord has had 13 straight male incarnations. So his case was definitely not just random.

Honestly they can just Dr. Who it and make up some new continuity on the spot. I'd go with "this new cycle of regenerations must be calibrated differently" (in reference to the new ones granted in Time of the Doctor). But I would definitely like to see it addressed.
>>
>>85107987
sorry, im pro jodie but thats wrong.

feminism is aiming for equality on the basis of empowering women, as in, equality can only be achieved by continuilly furthering the cause of women and women alone.
>>
But seriously how come here no1 is bothered by female Doctor ?

Dont you see it's 100% agenda being pushed ?

Do you think "random" is a decent explanation for the Doctor regenerating in a female after 13 males ?

Do you think that's really about female and not about being transgender ? Cuz if I were to be killed and regenerate into a female. I would find myself transgendered. That's still the same character
It's absolutely the same thing as female James Bond except it is explained by Space magic
>>
>>85108068
>casting a "weird" actor

Might as well go with Stephen Fry or Sue Perkins.
>>
>>85108023

The classic era one's were literally serials full of cliff hangers.

Modern ones are episodes because they rarely have any continuity between them. They may have bits for an overarching plot for a series, but they are mostly self contained.
>>
>>85108068
what the fuck is that thing
>>
>>85108173
>But seriously how come here no1 is bothered by female Doctor ?

because its a tv show about an alien that changes into an entirely different person every once in a while
>>
>>85108173
So why are you kicking up a stink now and not back when Missy happened?
>>
>>85108190
>The classic era one's were literally serials full of cliff hangers.

In individual episodes, rarely from one serial to the next, which is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>85108239
CAN you read what I ve written after that ?

>>85108144
Truth has been spoken
>>
>>85108173
>Dont you see it's 100% agenda being pushed ?

What agenda? Why now?
>>
File: broadchurch.png (702KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
broadchurch.png
702KB, 1280x720px
Will Chibnall make Who kino?
>>
>>85108293
of course, but my response literally doesn't change

its a fucking tv show about a shape changing alien
>>
>>85108253
Your point is fucking irrelevant because I have
You assume something wrong on me
>>
>>85108173
>Dont you see it's 100% agenda being pushed ?
It's not really. It's maybe 5% agenda. Tops.

>Do you think "random" is a decent explanation for the Doctor regenerating in a female after 13 males?
Yeah.

>Do you think that's really about female and not about being transgender ? Cuz if I were to be killed and regenerate into a female. I would find myself transgendered.
le most civilized civilization in the universe, billions of years beyond gender obsession

>It's absolutely the same thing as female James Bond except it is explained by Space magic
Kinda but James Bond can only have one personality and appearence type, Doctor Who changes that shit constantly.
>>
Now that the 13th Doctor has been officially unveiled, what kind of Doctor do you think she'll be? Which Doctor do you think will be the closest to her with regard to personality?

Personally I'm hoping that she has the most in common with Six and is a huge egotist because of it. She will technically be the oldest Doctor in history and I feel like having that many miles on your soul is going drastically affect your personality.
>>
>>85107987
And what makes you think Jodie isn't one of the feminazis pretending to be feminists?

Even proper feminism is wrong because it's focusing on womens' issues and ignoring mens' issues.

Real equality is egalitarianism or humanism: focusing on both mens' issues and womens' issues.

Also the wage-gap is a fallacy because it doesn't compare like for like.

As for rights, what rights do men have that women don't?
>>
>>85108023
Well most classic episodes did have cliffhangers and were part of the same story whereas modern episodes at most have a reference to the crack/bad wolf/torchwood, so it seems fitting.

>>85108093
The whole season felt kinda mediocre although at least not bad. I think the Missy plot was executed well though, they teased it over a few episodes but didn't wait till the finale and have generic evil guy has escaped and will destroy Earth instead they showed us the contents of the vault and started developing the whole Master turns good storyline as a sort of b plot so it had time to grow. With a better showrunner I think it could have been an interesting and well done series arc that wasn't generic.
>>
File: 0lMXNol.jpg (337KB, 1508x847px) Image search: [Google]
0lMXNol.jpg
337KB, 1508x847px
>>85108330
>>
File: man_despair.jpg (223KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
man_despair.jpg
223KB, 1600x800px
>>85108068
>ywn go on adventures in time and space with your qt3.14 housewife
JUST
>>
>>85107881
Lots of egalitarians say they're feminist because they don't know of the toxicity within the movement. Half the feminists I know genuinely think it just means equal rights, as opposed to the cultural Marxism it actually upholds.

Relax anon.
>>
File: 1500341295967.png (454KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
1500341295967.png
454KB, 500x649px
>>
>>85108177
Stephen Fry's one of my secret wishes to be the Doctor one day. But his comments about it being a children's show made me dislike him a bit. It's always been a family show. And an actor going in with the mindset of this being aimed strictly at toddlers wouldn't work.
>>
>>85108365
After 3 years of a more darker violent Doctor, I'd like Jodie to be warmer and kinder
>>
>>85108365
The general wonderment of the teaser made me think of the Matt Smith teaser and him all starry-eyed looking at his TARDIS, "Right, what have you got for me this time?"

Overall though, I'm hoping for something like Peter Davison.
>>
>>85107236
You're either a faggot or a pedophile if you believe that
>>
>>85108173
>no1
Stopped reading there.
Take your (You) and get >>>/out/
>>
>>85108358
You're completely retarded

If you don't see there is a pc agenda

Theorically, with the regenerations we've seen there is a chance on more than 10 thousands it's random
>>
File: sexy peter.jpg (56KB, 694x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sexy peter.jpg
56KB, 694x1024px
does anybody even remember peter anymore??
>>
>>85108425
>After 3 years of a more darker violent Doctor, I'd like Jodie to be warmer and kinder

perhaps even... motherly, you could say?
>>
>>85108421
>But his comments about it being a children's show made me dislike him a bit. It's always been a family show.

He's not wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pD0inuVLUs
>>
>>85108068
The thing is, I wouldn't think Eccleston could have played a "weird" sort of role. And yet Nine is definitely a legitimate Doctor.
>>
>>85108273
Yes but a serial in this context is a set of episodes in a TV show with their own contained story arc and probably at least 4 episodes in it. The Monk trilogy is the closest we've got to that but each episode it so different it's hard to compare to classic serials which happen in one place.
>>
>>85108473
so what if it is an agenda, why does it matter

what does it accomplish
>>
>>85108417
I will relax when there's proof that Jodie isn't a femininazi.
>>
>>85108478
Who?
>>
>>85107827
I think it'd be funny if the Doctor doesn't even notice she's a woman now and there's a scene where she gives someone her usual John Smith alias and the person is like what the fuck
>>
>>85107596
Unlike most people here they're grown ass men with jobs and responsibilities that care about quality storytelling and not "IT'S CURRENT YEAR C'MON PEOPLE!!" tier level of casting choices
>>
File: rosie o donnell.gif (37KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
rosie o donnell.gif
37KB, 300x200px
>>85108456
Pretend the woman in this photograph is not fat, but has the same size tits. You'd seriously choose this over Jodie?
>>
>>85108173
>Do you think "random" is a decent explanation for the Doctor regenerating in a female after 13 males ?

You bet.

The Doctor's appearance has been randomized every regeneration. He's been tall, short, blond, brunette, fat, skinny, etc.
>>
>>85108417
I've never seen someone amongst them act for men right

>>85108425
12, dark ? You only watch kid shows ?
Ah and the other guy.
Davison is the worst Doctor there is
Another like him, the show goes on a 15 y hiatus
>>
>>85108555
There's no proof that she is one, so why so triggered?
>>
>>85108330
I have complete faith in the man.
That said, I also had complete faith in Moffat but he era turned out differently than I'd expected.
Still, Chibnall is a great writer and I think we can expect better-written and consistent characters and less plots involving "timey-wimey" stuff, which I initially liked, but grew tired of from it being overused.
>>
>>85108273

omfg this is not difficult to understand.

That is the literal fucking definition of a goddamned serial.
>>
>>85108519
It cheapens the scripts. They focus less on the story and characters and more on "This is why Islam should be the only religion on planet earth"
>>
>>85108358
>It's not really. It's maybe 5% agenda. Tops.

Chris Chibnall, New Head Writer and Executive Producer says :
“After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we’re excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor.
I always knew I wanted the Thirteenth Doctor to be a woman"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/399b321f-63cb-4b83-8bd3-e6874d09579f

Only 5% huh?
>>
>>85108417
Cultural Marxism is a buzzword.
>>
>>85108613
>I've never seen someone amongst them act for men right
That's because the only feminists you know are on the internet or are the incredibly vocal ones on your local University campus.
>>
>>85108330

Yes, the man who wrote the worst episodes of nuwho is going to fix it. Definitely.
>>
>>85108588
Yeah. Keep masturbating to Bailey Jay, anon and don't worry, liking dicks doesn't make you gay.
>>
>>85108635
>"This is why Islam should be the only religion on planet earth"

considering thats never been an episode, i don't see the scripts being cheapened, or why i should care
>>
>>85108620
Because in my experience when someone says "I'm a feminist" what they really mean is "I'm a feminazi, men should die".

They're not all like 'based mom' y'know.
>>
>>85108485
>comparing Doctor Who to Winnie the Pooh

Come on, that's ridiculous
>>
File: jodie.jpg (44KB, 702x959px) Image search: [Google]
jodie.jpg
44KB, 702x959px
>>85108683
Whatever, anon.
>>
>>85108612
Pissed in my pants. How funny.

>>85108519
You're beyond salvation
>>
>>85108635
Thanks. I didn't have the courage to make the explaining.
>>
>>85108485
Didn't stop Mitchell him from appearing on the show though.
>>
File: cyberwoman 5.jpg (38KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
cyberwoman 5.jpg
38KB, 500x333px
Just a reminder that Chris Chibnall wrote Torchwood's "Cyberwoman".

Enjoy the new series anons.
>>
>>85108754
you didn't answer my question

probably because you cant
>>
>>85108485
>wants the Doctor to be a grumpy old sarcastic asshole who nonetheless has a compassionate heart buried within

Holy shit he would have fucking loved series 8
>>
>>85108722
You're forgetting that Jodie's 35. Most feminazis are millennial middle/upper-class American women who blame men for their college degrees having no relevance to society. She's probably just a mom type feminist who just wants girls to do anything they put their mind to.

Either way, it wont fucking matter as long as it doesn't seep into the show, so how about we just wait and see?
>>
Turning the Doctor - THE DOCTOR - into a woman is literally the worst thing they could have done to this show aside from the awful writing it's been plagued with for years. It hasn't been done to benefit women, it's been done as a cynical, desperate tactic to get more viewers and virtue signalling.

What problems does arbitrarily and cynically turning the Doctor, a well-established male character and role model, into a woman actually achieve, other than get the Tumblrinas and SJW Feminazi internet-warrior scum into a fit over how "progressive" the show is now, as if it was never progressive in the first place?

That this desecration and defilement of the show has been done means this show really is no longer for me. They have killed this show now.

I also wholeheartedly believe that Feminism as it is today is pure cancer, it is a biased agenda that is sexist and actually promotes the toxic idea of female superiority over males and transgender people. Feminists are usually entitled, arrogant and selfish as well, at least in my experience.
>>
>>85108668
Well where are the other fighting for men's rights for parenthood for instance ?
Where are the one fighting for real sexism in Muslim countries ?

All feminists I meet are about man spreading and that kind of shit
>>
>>85108871
hey man, sydney newman wanted it.
>>
>>85108871
>I am literally shaking: the post
>>
>>85108711
Oh god... you've not seen the whitewash comment, the increasing number of LGBT comments and things like "future is all women" and stuff ?
You're also deaf ?
>>
>>85108645
Well he wouldn't say "we got through hundreds of auditions and Jodie just sold it to us, so we decided to make her the new, and first female, Doctor".
Now that it's established 13 will be played by a woman, of course he's going to say that was always the plan. Same with Moffat and Capaldi.
>>
>>85108661

You spelled cancer on western civilization wrong.
>>
>>85108819
Of course, in the post I referred too there was no question. I can't reply to the question then. But I'm not sure you know what a question is
>>
>>85108873
Again, you need to talk to actual women who claim to be feminist. Half of them just think men and women should have equal rights and don't go further than that. Most are just not that politically active at all to know of any of the issues on either side. Usually they just want employer funded birth control or are pro-choice.

I get it anon- I've met some of the worst of them, and the internet is very good at letting the worst voices represent the whole, but most of the time I've met someone who calls themselves a feminist, they're really just a liberal woman who isn't politically active much at all.
>>
>>85109017
>employer funded birth control

w-what? thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard of. why should i pay for my employees to fuck?
>>
>>85108871

The tumblrinas are going to drop this show faster than anyone.

They literally watch it so they can ship the doctor with every male character in the show. And that's not even considering the crossover fanfics.
>>
>>85108935
False equivalency.
>>
>>85109000
>Of course, in the post I referred too there was no question

>so what if it is an agenda, why does it matter

>what does it accomplish

how are those not questions?
>>
>>85107596
I don't care that the Doctor is female. I think care more about how they're going to write her. Really really hoping they don't go down the feminist pandering route. I hope they decide to write an actual character instead.
>>
>>85108645
>I always knew I wanted the Thirteenth Doctor to be a woman

Wait what? It was literally just Chibnall's wish? And everyone's going crazy?
Fucking hell, you're right. It's not 5%, it's fucking 0.
There's no agenda involved.
>>
>>85109052
I mean, I agree, but it's a liberal idea. It's not STOP MANSPLAINING REEEEE. I don't agree with a lot of liberal ideas, but most of those ideas don't have anything to do with hating men.
>>
>>85109061
>They literally watch it so they can ship the doctor with every male character in the show

Now they'll just ship her with every female character in the show.
>>
>>85107711
Because nobody seems to know how to write a female character anymore without making it some kind of statement.
>>
>>85109064
Seriously, where are you from ? Where in the internet do you originate from ?

Feminazi tumblrs ?
>>
>>85108869
>Implying it won't seep into the show

Ha!

As for the other comment, have you heard of the "Women's Equality Party", headed by Sandi Toksvig and Catherine Mayer?

Feminist stupidity isn't just a young woman's game.
>>
File: DE9kg3qWAAErroF.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
DE9kg3qWAAErroF.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
https://twitter.com/Lawrence_Miles/status/887038694112329728

Do you agree with Mad Larry, /who/?
>>
>>85109080
That was not the post I refered too. But someone else replied to you

The agenda is a so-called progressive agenda. They hope to please progressive people and change the society so that it becomes increasingly liberak-leftie-progressive.
They promote gender agendas and stuff
>>
File: Jodie-Whittaker.jpg (196KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Jodie-Whittaker.jpg
196KB, 1280x853px
Honestly the only thing I wan't out of this shitfest is a proper feminine Doctor, If they already made the jump they might as well commit to it. I swear if it's gonna be a season+ of a dyke Doctor i'll be pretty pissed.

If it's an ep or two fine, cause come on 14 incarnations as a male and all, but it better not become a permanent trait.
>>
>>85109121
Literally this. I imagine some percentage of it was a business decision though. All the people who leave the show because of femDoc- whether they have legitimate reasons for it or are spergs who cry about MUH PC CULTURE all day- will be massively offset by returning curious fans and an influx of new viewers who want to know what all the fuss is about (and of course SJWs, but they'll quit the moment a man says anything legitimate). Might as well take the business risk now when viewership is at an all time low.
>>
>>85109064
And what about "CAPITALISM IS THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL IN THE UNIVERSE!" from when the Doctor was blind?
>>
>>85109254
>change the society so that it becomes increasingly liberak-leftie-progressive

This is a good thing
>>
>>85109254
yeah so?
>>
>>85109122
When have you seen a feminist or egalitarian fight for men parenthood rights that for instance are way weaker in my country than female s one ?
Never ever

They're only pro-women
>>
>>85109141
No they won't.
Tumblarians are Yaoi nuts who actually can't stand Yuri but pretend they support it for the sake of "look at me, I'm so inclusive".
>>
>>85109234
tl;dr
>>
Hey guys, what do you think of my Doctor Who AMV? I put a lot of work into it, I even missed some homeworks assignments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1s-N8Tl4Ks
>>
>>85109283
That was a good episode though.
>>
>>85108871
>>
>>85109315
Men don't get custody because they don't ask for custody

Family courts are a last resort anyway, most of the time it's settled privately between the parents
>>
>>85109234
She's not wrong on Ghostbusters and mostly people who are bitter are posers pretending to be fans
>>
>>85109223
No shit, there are feminazis of all ages. The third wave is predominately stupid millennials though- the existence of older cunts doesn't disprove that statement, nor does it anywhere close to imply that Jodie is one of them.

>>85109153
I mean, I don't disagree that the show has a leftist stance, but it always has. It doesn't mean any of this has to do with PC culture, nor does it imply (as much as polfags fantasize over it) that the new companion will be a black male who will fuck 13 senseless, nor does it imply that the Doctor is going to turn everyone into a Muslim for "muh tolerance".

The SJWs who whined for a femDoc are just as bad as the people who think that casting a femDoc is purely a political decision. It was going to happen at some point, the writing was on the wall. There's plenty of people who said they were fine with a femDoc, but are just mad that this is somehow "obviously a political decision". How could you fucking tell the difference?
>>
Is that gonna be her outfit? That hoodie?

Shit outfit desu senpaitachi
>>
>>85109284
But it remains an agenda. And you were wrong since you said it wasn't. I'm not against that per se, but I don't want politics and stuff to mix in my entertainment

I'm politically active and that bothers me to watch this while I'm just trying to relax and have some fun !
>>
>>85109283
>>85109351

I didn't like the Capatalist undertones, but I cannot deny it was a good episode.

Oxygen was when shit got real.
It almost felt like the Tennant years again, but with based grandpa Twelve.
>>
>>85109234
>defending Ghostbusters
>a film designed to appeal to feminists but they don't buy shit so not only did it fail, the director got blacklisted and you'll never see those women in leading roles again
>actually defending it

Didn't read the rest. Anyone who defends that fucking film isn't worth listening to.
>>
>>85109439
I'm not the anon you were talking to
>>
>>85109265
>All the people who leave the show because of femDoc- whether they have legitimate reasons for it or are spergs who cry about MUH PC CULTURE all day- will be massively offset by returning curious fans and an influx of new viewers who want to know what all the fuss is about

Yeah that truly helped Ghostbusters 2016.

Or the last season that had a black lesbian.
>>
>>85109283
Lol Jamie Mathieson. Yeah, I didn't like that message, but you're talking about one writer. It's not representative of the show as a whole.

>>85109315
The ones who actually act politically, yeah usually. Again, the majority of them don't do much more than vote for abortion and employer-provided birth control.

I'm not discounting the fact that a lot of feminists literally do just hate men, but if you actually talked to women in real life (!) you'd find out that many of them are not like internet fascists like Lena Dunham.
>>
>>85109464

As is anyone defending the choice to turn the Doctor into a feminazi icon.
>>
>>85109308

>>85109439 here is my answer

>>85109399
Not in my country. Family courts are the norm here
And female have 94%
Only in my family 2 men asked for custody and lost it

It's also not the only parenthood right there is
>>
>>85109141

Nope. They love the man on man action and nothing else.

They're probably more disgusted with the doctor becoming a woman than anyone else.
>>
Dr whore
>>
>>85109586
Even so, the idea that women are better caregivers is hardly a feminist construction
>>
>>85109456
>I didn't like the Capatalist undertones

You know that shit like that has happened in real life right? Coca Cola had people murdered in South America for trying to start a union.
>>
>>85109425
No, but it shows that saying 'most are millenials' doesn't mean shit. It's still possible.
>>
>>85109586
>see something in show i like that annoys me
>shrug, ignore it, and continue enjoying my show

problem solved

also its super easy when im not a racist faggot who gets triggered by women and black people
>>
>>85109511
The difference is that was entirely a political decision. The cast, the director, even fucking Bill Murray couldn't stop talking about how everyone who didn't agree with the decision was just a bearded manchild living in their mother's basement. Add to this the fact that the actresses on Ghostbusters were shit and the trailer was shit- the real reason it tanked. No one would've cared that much about the political shit around it if the trailer was good, but because it advertised a shit movie, the cast had to fire back and label everyone who didn't want to see it a misogynist.

Doctor Who is about change and has foreshadowed this change very well in the last few seasons. The actress is capable, and the new showrunner penned the critically loved Broadchurch. People are going to watch it. Hell, people are going to return simply because Moffat isn't involved.
>>
>>85109497
When one replies I made to someone else fit our discussion, I don't think I need to repeat myself

>>85109511
Will all the Pro-PC stuff happening in a row, there is no chance that it is random
It is pc agenda and pc choices

>>85109540
I mean politically active feminists. Not common people who call themselves feminists. Those are not active and vocal anyway. And as such are not actively fighting for anything. They just have opinions.
>>
>>85109574
13th Doctor doesn't even register to me anon. The series was already in some serious bad shit before her, she's just the next logical step in a series that was once about fun adventures in time and space but got turned into a social platform where plots take a back seat. After Capaldi leaves I'm gone too. I owe the man that much for being able to be such a good Doctor when the writers did everything they could to make him bad.
>>
File: one fear.jpg (55KB, 743x353px) Image search: [Google]
one fear.jpg
55KB, 743x353px
leaked script
>>
>>85109710
>everyone who didn't agree with the decision was just a bearded manchild living in their mother's basement.

If you're opposed to it for literally no other reason than the main characters are women, then there really isn't much of an argument to be made that you aren't sexist

A new Ghostbusters with a female cast doesn't magically erase the old one
>>
>>85109631
Meant anti-capitalist.

Coca-cola are just one company who should be on a tighter leash, it doesn't mean capitalism as a whole is a failure.
>>
>>85109052
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13462856
>>85109122
The same reason we pay for other roads, playgrounds, and other various things we dont use personally. The point of taxes isn't to just benefit yourself. It's the same reason we pay for men's prostate screening.
>>
File: Sexy13.jpg (1MB, 1118x1491px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy13.jpg
1MB, 1118x1491px
>>85109642
Of course it's still possible- even without those old hag parties it's still possible. Argument from ignorance- we don't know what kind of feminist she is either way, so it's stupid to conclude that she IS a permatriggered feminazi.

So how about we just fucking wait and see, like I've been saying?
>>
>>85109741
I couldn't agree more. Doctor Who is truly dead now, it's Doctor Who only in name...
>>
>>85109745
that sounds fucking hilarious
>>
>>85106966
Is this stupid fucking rumor true? Everyone keeps saying HURRR FEMALE DOCTOR! then showing a picture of a different cunt every time.

Dropping this show so hard if they go full tumblr. Trans-man Bill was bad enough.
>>
>>85109623
So woman and man are equals at everything except the fact that woman are better caregivers ?
That is man-hatred. And that goes against the principle of equality
>>
>>85109745
is misandry MISS-an-dry or miss-AN-dry
>>
>>85109741
Okay bye. Go sit in the corner and sulk about a literal fictitious character.
>>
>>85109750
>Coca-cola are just one company who should be on a tighter leash

The CIA has literally deposed governments on the orders of corporations. Governments aren't able to "leash" capitalism. The whole edifice has to be torn down.
>>
>>85109710
>critically loved Broadchurch
Did you actually watch Broadchurch? It was shit.

He's also the man who wrote Torchwood's "Cyberwoman" - an episode best forgotten.
>>
>>85109820
What are you talking about? The idea that women are better caregivers is a construction of a patriarchal society

It has nothing to do with feminism
>>
>>85109678
GTFO. No arguments but insults is GTFO.
>>
File: 220.jpg (16KB, 472x510px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
16KB, 472x510px
>>85107736
Where's mine?
>>
>>85109793
Yup it's DROPPED hard, 13th (((Doctor))) confirmed to be some cunt. Might have to go back to making quality Classic encodes in order to have new content to watch.
>>
>>85109741
I'm with you senpai.
I'm going out with Capaldi.

Next year, every time DW is on, I'm going to just sit and watch "Heaven Sent" or some classic who instead.
>>
>>85109793
>it's Doctor Who only in name

Too true and it depresses the fuck out of me.

>>85109847
I feel sorry for you anon if you're unable to form an emotional connection with some of the media you consume, and even more sorry that you can't see how vile the series has become.
>>
>>85109768
I mean, I'm an American libertarian, so if it were up to me we wouldn't pay taxs for schools, playgrounds, or prostate screenings. It's a school of thought to think we should provide for these things, and I respect it even if I don't agree with it. Regardless, being in one camp doesn't mean you hate women, and being in the other doesn't mean you hate men.

>>85109735
>no chance that it's random
There is always a chance that it's random, but you're right that it's unlikely. The culture is changing and likely more accepting tan it ever has been of a femDoc. All the more reason it makes sense as a creative and business decision. Had nothing to do with PC agenda necessarily.

>I mean politically active feminists. Not common people who call themselves feminists. Those are not active and vocal anyway. And as such are not actively fighting for anything. They just have opinions.
Yes, literally who I'm talking about. That's half the feminists I've ever actually met, and generally speaking most of them are older and more tame. No reason to think that Jodie couldn't be one of them.
>>
>>85109881
Then feminists should fight against it. That is exactly the point i made but you can't read
>>
>>85109893
wasn't insulting you, just literally making the point that its easy to ignore things that bother me when im not bothered by women or black people in a show i like
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mxpvS7dscs
was it kino?
>>
>>85109745
That actually sounds better than what I'm anticipating.
>>
I thought this had stopped. Last thread was filled with good discussion about the future of the show, possible companions, hope and optimism for the future.

I don't want to point fingers but which timezone is really active at this point?
>>
>>85109856
And replaced with socialism?
Eww, no thank you.

Socialism won't stop people killing each other.
>>
>>85110007
It triggered everyone because of the sonic shades, so yes. It was kino pleb filter.
>>
>>85109954
Well I never assumed anything on Jodie's feminism

There is a chance on 10000 it's random and you believe it. The agenda and PC is everywhere and you think it's down to chance.
There's no more blind than the one who refuses to see.
>>
File: 328385-Jodie_Whittaker.jpg (2MB, 3956x2225px) Image search: [Google]
328385-Jodie_Whittaker.jpg
2MB, 3956x2225px
>So anon, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will.... where do you wanna start?

Your reply?
>>
File: pepepeppepe.png (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
pepepeppepe.png
7KB, 251x201px
>entire general has devolved into ironic shitposting and self delusion to deal with how shitty this is
this is very embarrassing lads
>>
>>85109976
But in the most developed countries there is no problem, it's just a myth that fathers get worse treatment
>>
>>85110043
Americans. Pol's trying to crash this plane (with no survivors).
>>
>>85110098
y-you too
>>
>>85110111
I'm in a "developed" country.
>>
>>85110098
>Let' start in your bedroom, Doctor
>>
>>85107596
Same. Pleasantly surprised.

People on 4chan just hate on feminists mostly because they strawman them and pick out the stupidest, worst representatives of feminism to rag on. Unironic feminist here. You guys just hate middle class white girl feminism, which most actual feminists also despise.
>>
File: Jeans lad shirtless.jpg (116KB, 366x549px) Image search: [Google]
Jeans lad shirtless.jpg
116KB, 366x549px
TWINK

COMPANION
>>
>>85110098
"Take me back to your regeneration so I can save Capaldi"
>>
Realistically is this going to work? will it be able to sustain a stable viewship, because look how many left because of Capaldi because he is ''old and grumpy'', not to mention a female doctor
>>
>>85109768
>The same reason we pay for other roads, playgrounds, and other various things we dont use personally. The point of taxes isn't to just benefit yourself. It's the same reason we pay for men's prostate screening.

but the question wasnt tax payer funded, it was employer funded you fucking moron
>>
>>85110098
your "time chamber"
>>
>>85110111
try getting divorced some time and holding onto custody anywhere in the developed world
>>
>>85110148
Specificity would be useful
>>
File: who.jpg (60KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
60KB, 618x412px
>>85110110
admit it, you love it
>>
Fine with Jodie as the Doctor but if they start using her as a platform to spew Feminazi bullshit i'm out.

Oh how I dread a Sarah Dollard episode with a female Doctor :(
>>
>>85110007
The episode would have been kino without Missy, Clara or "the Dalek [strike]Sewer[/strike] Graveyard"

The scene itself, that was kino.
Twelve is "badass grandpa".
>>
>>85110098
lets go back in time to a point where doctor who was still a good show with the male protagonist its always had instead of a gimmick stand in vagina
>>
>>85110202
Here's England and Wales for one
>>
>>85110098
Can you do something with your hair and change your coat first? It's really fucking distracting.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
POssibly a really really stupid question, but are the Big Finish titles genuinely worth my time and money or are they blatant cash grabs? I've never really listened to audio-dramas and my only exposure was The War of the World's broadcast. Is it structured to provide enough information to allow for easy visualization? How are the production values? Are the companions insufferable or fantastic?

I'm most certainly interested in getting more exposure to all of the other Doctors but I'm worried that it won't match the quality of the show.
>I could be completely wrong in this instances and the Big Finish dramas some of teh best to come out.
>Also I'd love to be exposed more to the 8th Doctor. He was great in the movie and Night of the Doctor but that's it.
>>
>>85109776
Because even if she isn't a feminazi, she'll be handing them fuel due to Chinball's bad writing.
>>
>>85110257
fucking forgot link

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/study_finds_english/
>>
>>85109151
The very fact that people have such an obnoxious, negative response to having female protagonists in stuff these days (go look at youtube comments about the new Battlefront game) how are writers supposed to write female characters without ever making it seem like they ever make a statement? Why shouldn't media make statements?

Basically everything is political anyway, it's unavoidable. That being said it shouldn't be ham fisted or it becomes cringeworthy. This isn't about making statements being bad, but making unsubtle, lecturing statements being ineffective and cringe worthy.
>>
>>85109992
Well instead of ignoring 10% of dialogues that feels like agenda-hammering, I'd rather like those 10% dialogues to be cut.
I don't say I can't, I say I shouldn't need it in the first place.
Entertainment shouldn't be full of that.
Just write stories for the sake of writing something great and mind blowing.
>>
At least the Master will be a guy again righttttt guysss????/
>>
File: C_djqeRWsAA-vHC.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
C_djqeRWsAA-vHC.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
>>85109816
Bill before the op.
>>
>>85110284
I know the Big Finish is a big meme at this point, but much like Doctor Who there's shit and gold, and much unlike Doctor Who, there's a lot of gold.

>Also I'd love to be exposed more to the 8th Doctor. He was great in the movie and Night of the Doctor but that's it.
You're in for a treat, because the entirety of the 8th's doctor BF work is the GOAT.
>>
>>85108808
This is literally RTD's fault. Chibnall wrote the episode. Then RTD, the casting director, and costume designer made that monstrosity. Take physical appearance out of the story, it's obviously playing to what RTD wanted in terms of tone, it's not great but it isn't horrible either. Most of the faults are visual and RTD's direction for how the show as a whole should be "dark and edgy."
>>
>>85106966
I'd turn my head and cough for her.
>>
File: stop.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
187KB, 361x691px
>>85110236
don't you dare put this dumb cunt next to baker and hartnell
shes nothing but a stunt, she will never really be the doctor in any way that matters
>>
File: izzard[1].jpg (22KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
izzard[1].jpg
22KB, 600x337px
since the next doctor will have to be from a fringe group also, are you guys ok with eddie izzard? i'd love for him to take a shot at being the doctor.
>>
>>85110359
>show as a whole should be "dark and edgy."

teehee let's make an alien that kills people by making sexies with them :3c
>>
>>85110247
>[strike]Sewer[/strike]
where the fuck do you think you are
>>
>>85110319
As if that will fix it?

It's like a lot of people here are sifting through the literal shit this show has become to find any sort of nugget of undigested food to consume.

It should be called Doctor SJW
>>
File: chibnall1986.jpg (307KB, 1393x1075px) Image search: [Google]
chibnall1986.jpg
307KB, 1393x1075px
>>85110096
I never said it was random, I said there's always a possibility it's random because that's true.

You're making the assumption that Chibnall did this for political reasons, and there's no reason to believe that. I don't think Chibnall is casting 13 as a woman because he thinks the Doctor should be a woman/muh representation- rather he's read the water and seen the hints Moffat has put in (Missy, Clala Who, sex change regen) and knows that whatever backlash he gets for casting a woman Doctor will be offset by the people who are either wanting one or expecting one. If he pushed this further down the road, it would've probably killed the show, or at least kept it at Capaldi era level viewing figures. I keep saying this- from a business standpoint, everyone should've known this was coming. From a creative standpoint, it's an opportunity to try something more different than usual, and i'm sure Chibnall's happy to have the opportunity.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see. People blinded by their rage against SJWs think that the show is going to be all about PC culture and representation now (muh female fighting cis white evil men xD) when in reality it's probably just going to be Doctor Who as always- left-leaning, some occasional political jabs here and there, but for the most part about a time-traveling alien who solves crises through space and time. Still, who nose?
>>
>>85110319
The new master will look like trump, to go with the new doctor looking like hillary clinton
>>
>>85110098
No thanks, my parents taught me not to accept lifts from strangers.
>>
>>85107071
What movie is this from? I'm so ignorant to Atwell's movies that it's embarrassing.
>>
SHIT-TRIPS EXERCISE:
Write a scene where a previous doctor of your choice meets 13.
Go.

ALSO WE NEED MORE STORIES COME ON PEOPLE.
>>
>>85110413
>Doctor SJW

wow, that's real good anon, bet you spent a lot of time on that one
>>
Show has been going down since series 6. Matt was let down by terrible stories, Capaldi put in a great effort but he's too old and unenergetic for the new generation. And the constant far left pandering turned many people off also. Now with an extremely mediocre writer in charge and a gender as the Doctor that has divided the fandom, the show is truly on it's last legs. Expect cancellation by series 12.
>>
>>85110111
You've never had it happen to someone you know, have you?
>>
what the fuck happened? suddenly this thread went to the shitter
what country woke up?
>>
>>85110417
>trading a dedicated fanbase for a bunch of fairweather broads who will drop the show after the 2 first episodes as girls have never liked sci-fi and mostly tuned in le totally qt matt smith
thank god this will lead to cancellation and another 30 year hiatus
>>
>>85110292
Art shouldn't bow to your whim anymore than it should bow to theirs. The radical feminists got fuel the moment she was cast as a woman, but that's their motive- it's completely separate from the art of the show itself, and they're actions shouldn't influence the show catering to what you want it to do.

Seriously, people saying this shouldn't happen because it gives some idiots fuel is just as retarded and demanding as people saying that a male Doctor shouldn't happen because "muh diversity".
>>
>>85110527
I trust statistics over anecdotes

Having a friend who's struck by lightning doesn't make being struck by lightning a societal issue
>>
>>85110183
They didn't leave because Capaldi was old and grumpy, they left because Moffat turned it into "The Clara show, featuring The Doctor".
>>
>>85110510
Probably more time than the retarded mongoloids at the BBC spent writing the scripts for most of NuWho.
>>
does anyone have any evidence that the show is dying or that viewership is declining because of the "leftist agenda" or is it just a bunch of bullshit?
>>
>>85110161
> You guys just hate middle class white girl feminism
Fuck you and your skinny ass white bitch, why do you always assume its MEN that have a problem with this?
> BLM
Why cast a cliche WASP, what are you saying women of color are irrelevant when it come to feminism?? Or that the the only accurate representation of women is the perfect shaped skinny bitch?

A bunch of misogynists have cast their ideal wafu and feminists have fallen for the bait, hook line and sinker!
>>
>>85110417
So you admit it's very likely not random. Then you can't dismiss it.

Saying that casting another male would have kept low figures is ridiculous.
>>
Are BBC and the SJW fanbase of the show actually delusional? They are trying to downplay how many people are actually anti-female doctor. The show is already suffering a rating slope like never seen before. They do realize even if Jodie puts in a decent performance the shows fucked? rating will be non existent, that is a FACT!
>>
>>85110546
the threads have been shit since this was announced
Half of everyone is in full on denial mode acting excited
>>
>>85110412
I don't know but it's dark and smells of feet.
>>
>>85110652
i'm unironically excited
>>
>>85110399
I genuinely love his stand up. The guy is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMBgG976EZQ
>>
File: mcgann-doctor-tv-11062015.jpg (494KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mcgann-doctor-tv-11062015.jpg
494KB, 1280x720px
>>85110357
>I know the Big Finish is a big meme at this point
What do you mean by that? I don't frequent /who/ threads often so I have little/no exposure to Big Finish.

>You're in for a treat, because the entirety of the 8th's doctor BF work is the GOAT.
REALLY?!?!? I thought McGann was severely underutilized in Doctor Who lore so I'm glad to see he's getting expanded into a fully realized doctor. I see that Storm Warning is the first Big Finish title to star McGann. Would that be a good place to start or should I go with something else? ALso Night of the Doctor was a kickass story coming in at less than 7 minutes. In that very short time-frame McGann managed to slip effortlessly into his old role like it was yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

>My favorite Doctor is actually 9 and that isn't because he was my first Doctor. I unfortunately have no exposure to the other Doctors that came before so I'm willing to try anything once.
>>
>>85110303
You obviously haven't seen the hype for Horizon Zero Dawn.
>>
>>85110622
the viewership decreased big time when matt smith left because capaldis not cute enough for girls to fawn over
Why they think bringing on a chick is going to get those viewers back is beyond me
>>
>>85110547
On the bright side I'm eventually cured of my 12 years long Doctor who obsession. Wonderful !
>>
>>85110488
6 meets 13
13's tardis
>Nice titties
>You want to suck on them?
>sure
>suck it! suck it good boooyyyy
>yummy
>>
Broadchurch is shit, it's story was utterly predictable in all three seasons. Chibnall's Doctor who episodes are also awful. People will be begging Moffat to come back!
>>
>>85110633
After all the heavy handed hinting Moffat did it probably would've.

At any rate, I never said I dismissed the possibility that it's a PC move either- all I was arguing is that you yourself don't know that at all. You can't argue from ignorance either way, all you can do is look at the show for what it is and make a solid guess. So how about we watch a few episodes and see if it does end up being a load of PC bullshit? Because honestly, that WOULD alienate a big chunk of the audience. The show cannot survive on tumblrinas alone.
>>
>>85110488
Thank you.

And yeah, WE NEED MORE STORIES.
>>
>>85110684
why? its gonna be shit and you know it deep down inside
>>
>>85110703
his acting isn't half bad either. i genuinely wish he could be the doctor for a while.
>>
>>85110741
I agree. It was tropes, tropes, tropes. and Emo Tennant with a wig.
>>
How does /who/ feel that Doctor Who is anti-white male now?
>>
>>85110559
And in my country where everything is settled in courts, custody is 94% female, while 45% of the time male ask for it

I trust statistics against YOUR myths
>>
>>85110798
Citations please
>>
File: Dinozaurs.jpg (112KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
Dinozaurs.jpg
112KB, 976x549px
>>85110359
It wasn't horrible but it was pretty damn bland.

And what about "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship"?
>>
>>85110746
its obviously a ratings move.
trying to get back the viewers smith brought in
name one good story or lore reason to do it, ill wait. and
>it broke new ground! XD
is not a story function, its a gimmick to try and pull the young crowd back in. shits probably straight from the executives
>>
>>85110043

>future of the show

You mean inevitable cancellation when the ratings plummet? Not really much to talk about.
>>
>>85107969
i think we dodged a bullet. think about it, the bbc could have given us a black swj, instead we get a white blue eyed aryan qt doctor. maybe we should get behind this new doctor instead!
>>
>>85110905
sorry anon, but she has green eyes
>>
File: women_characters.jpg (68KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
women_characters.jpg
68KB, 600x471px
>>85110303

Because it will always be a political statement.
>>
>>85110974
Green eyes are best eyes
>>
>>85110877
I agree it is very much a business decision, doesn't mean there isn't some creative ground to be covered at the same time. Doesn't have to have anything to do with lore- whatever comes from a female Doctor is up to the writers.
>>
>>85110746

When something is 99,99% not random, assuming it's not random is safe. It's not projected from ignorance.
Otherwise climate change is not to be fought, because it's more likely to be random / not man-made.

Will stop arguing with you. You're too dishonest.
>>
File: census.png (24KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
census.png
24KB, 512x341px
>>85110818
not him but here u go homie
>pic related
full data and study including differences in not on custodianship but always awarded/received child support
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/P60-255.pdf
>>
>>85110410

It could theoretically be done well, by someone capable of actually writing.
>>
I heard Gallifrey Base threads are currently on severe lockdown as it became a chaotic battleground between anti-female doctor fans and pro ones.
>>
>>85111006
what creative ground is opened up by the doctor having a vagina? please give me an example
>>
>>85111002
>galbrush

Oh, fuck off.

https://storify.com/KiAtxt/the-galbrush-paradox
>>
>>85110417

So basically, you've never watched anything chinballs has written.
>>
File: 13thDoctor.jpg (26KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
13thDoctor.jpg
26KB, 700x350px
>>85110974
shit your right.
>>
>>85110842
I just think it's odd people look at the episode, point to the cyberwoman's costume and say it's all Chibnall. I think a lot of his stories are pretty bland, Dinosaurs too, but I don't think that'll reflect how he'll be as a showrunner.
Not sure if it was just a rumor but I remember reading something about him wanting to take an "American approach" to writing the series, as in having a writers' room.
>>
>>85111012
You have no way to quantify how not random it is. Statistically sure, if that' the percentage might as well stop considering it. But you don't know how likely it is to be random, so why discount it?

Why is this what is pissing you off the most? I literally just pointed it out once to show that you shouldn't discount the possibility, but I agreed it's probably not the case. We could've just moved on from there but you've sperged so hard that you can't get over this one detail.
>>
What about the companion, will it be a straight guy? I can't see him getting friendzoned worse than Martha was.
>>
>>85111060
>what creative ground is opened up by the doctor having a vagina

my pants zipper followed by the area between her legs
>>
>>85110638

Yes, actually.

Liberalism is a mental illness. It destroys everything it touches.
>>
>>85111018
This doesn't say anything about whether the fathers asked for custody, the courts are concerned with sorting out the support arrangements
>>
>>85111052
GB is undergoing a bigger shitstorm than here ?
We're more liberal than them ?
4chan ?!

Laughing my ass out.
>>
File: Dannyman.jpg (32KB, 770x428px) Image search: [Google]
Dannyman.jpg
32KB, 770x428px
>>85108808

Why do all the black people in Doctor Who turn into Cybermen?
>>
>>85111121
>white doctor clone hooks up with rose who is white
>white doctor later continually shuts down black companion

imagine the firestorm that would cause today kek
>>
>>85111048
Theoretically anything could be done well by a competent writer, but fundamentally I think most of Torchwood save Children of Earth is a teenager's idea of what's adult

disclaimer: I haven't watched Miracle Day
>>
>>85108748
ignore him he wasn't breastfed enough
>>
>>85111060

Don't assume xe has a vagina shitlord!
>>
>>85111121
How disgusting is that, a young man fancying a female version of an old man alien who previously looked like someones granddad. YUCK.
>>
>>85110488
12 meets 13:

13 "Hello me."
12: "Are you fucking shitting me?"
13: "Excuse me?"
12: "Is this what I turn into? The fuck did you do with my eyebrows?"
13: "Bushy eyebrows wouldn't do for a lady like me."
12: "You got rid of my eyebrows and you're a woman? Acting like a cunt wasn't good enough anymore, you had to go and grow one?"
13: "Well I..."
12: "Shut up! Shut up! Shuttity up-up up" *pulls out gun*
13: "You're going to shoot me? If you do that who's going to stop the cyberwomen?"
12: "NOMFP"
13: "What?"
12: "Not My Fucking Problem" *bang*
>>
>>85111152

It's an upgrade.
>>
>>85111060
Well for one the Doctor's identity is typically thought to be male. That whole "back into the shadows" thing in Matt's era could actually happen now. Hell, people made the joke that the possibly male companion will probably be thought of as the Doctor instead of 13 as a joke, but that could actually be the premise of an entire episode (or even an arc) so that 13 could manipulate things behind the scenes.

Whatever creative ground can be uncovered remains to be seen- I doubt Chibnall knows fully himself. But it's definitely a physical change the writers have to be mindful of, and that kind of change is good for creativity, the same reason that making the Doctor old, young, grumpy, or humanlike changed the Doctor's interactions with people, and therefore changed the writing.
>>
>>85110769
I'm working on it. I've created titles for a hypothetical season starring the 7th through 12th Doctor and now I'm going in and trying to expand on them any way I can. Currently I'm focusing on my 9th Doctor stories because I feel he has mountains of unexplored depth that would be fantastic. I'd have his adventures take place immediately after his regeneration as he tries to distract himself from his actions during the Time War. ALso I'd like to fully examine 9 as he tries to make sense of his last regenration as he despertly tries to "earn" back the right to call himself The Doctor.
>>
In theory a female Doctor could be good, but it won't because she will be used for man hating feminists to spew their bile.
>>
>>85111201

Children of Earth was terrible. Miracle Day was even worse.
>>
>>85111109
we agree it's much more likely not to be random ? Right ? Then address it. Not dealing with it is ridiculous.
You're telling me they should not address it because it possibly is random, so you take the infinitesimal chance and discard the rest. You place yourself in that case.
>>
>>85111274
why didnt eccleston want to continue being the doctor?
>>
>>85111104
I'm not pointing at the costume, I'm pointing at the episode. It's an iconic image that reminds everyone about the episode, much like the one featuring the dinosaur.

It's probably a rumour, like that one where "a BBC insider said they wouldn't risk a female doctor".
>>
Hahaha BBC finally make a McGann Spin-Off series

>It becomes far more popular than the main show because of male Doctor

>just....
>>
>>85111244
Sounds potentially hilarious.
>>
>>85111311
I did fucking address it, I said it probably isn't but you shouldn't fully discount it. Every other point I've been trying to make is based on the premise that it isn't random. Why the fuck do you keep going on about it?
>>
>>85111311
>Will stop arguing with you. You're too dishonest.
>keeps arguing
Autism detected
>>
>>85110556
>and they're actions
>THEY'RE actions

Opinion disregarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
>>
>>85111314

Continual sexual harassment from RTD against him and everyone else on the staff.
>>
>>85111364
But then and that is my point, how do you tackle that in the show ? How do you explain it ?

That's what Ive been asking since the previous thread !
>>
>>85111314
From my understanding Eccelston wasn't happy with the direction the series was going as well as his characterization. If anything I feel like Eccelston is the sole reason the season worked as well as it did as many of the episodes were very hit and miss. Eccelston worked his ass off to elevate stories he wasn't particularity pleased with. Again, this is just my take on it.
>>
>>85111274
Willing to write a short story for Shit Trips Vol 2:

>>85107308

And focus on one story at a time.
>>
>>85111311
>>85111364
Why are you autists trying to debate probability theory? They picked a woman to play The Doctor because they wanted to for whatever reason. What does randomness have to do with it?
>>
>>85111408
>Continual sexual harassment from RTD against him and everyone else on the staff.

wait seriously? what, did RTD run around just groping everyone in sight?
>>
>>85111401
You're exceptional at medical diagnoses. Wanna be 14 ?
>>
>>85111405
Their*, I apologize.

I literally have an issue where I sometimes spell words phonetically instead of grammatically. It's been getting worse over time and I'm actually concerned.
>>
>>85111423
That wasn't the reason he left though. The higher ups were cunts to the cast and crew and one director in particular was horrible to those kids in Moffats two parter and Chris lost it at him for being a dick to the kids.
>>
>>85111428
Because then you have to explain why the Doctor regenerates in a woman now and never has in any other known incarnation
>>
Why do you think a female doctor's defining character trait is going to be "woman"?
Missy is a great character and they barely ever mention the fact she's female
>>
>>85111423
ive only seen nuwho, but the episode "dalek" is probably the best dalek episode imo

>you would have made a good dalek
>>
>>85111142
that chart is from requests for custody
>Looking at the figures for 2007, it appears to me that there may be a sampling anomaly. The percentage of custodial mothers awarded support dropped by 4% between 2005 and 2007. This is 3% lower than any other year in the series. I’m not aware of any sweeping changes which occurred in this time frame, and since parents receive child support for between 18 and 21 years it seems highly unlikely that the makeup of the population would change this much in just 2 years. I ran the same data using a 2 report moving average to smooth out sampling variability some:

glad to clear that up for you senpai

also seeing as you're a limey heres one from the uk
http://www.coeffic.demon.co.uk/iwill.htm
>The percentage of lone parent households that are mother-headed is 91% [General Household Survey]. There are some 40,000 disputed custody cases every year which are decided by family court judges. These judges will listen to recommendations from court welfare officers who visit the family and write 35,000 reports every year. The welfare officers work in the probation service which deals with mostly male criminals, this makes it difficult to see fathers in a positive light. The result is that family courts award mothers sole custody in 71% of cases and fathers sole custody in 7% of all cases, joint custody is awarded in the remaining 21% of cases. Many fathers report giving up an expensive custody fight for their children after advice from lawyers who say they can't win. It is very common for mothers during custody battles to receive state funded legal aid. A custody battle is therefore a very unequal war of attrition. Many fathers report that efforts to have contact with their children are blocked by mothers, and the courts will not enforce the right of children to have contact with their fathers.
>>
>>85111455

Who knows? But if you watch all the interviews about why he left and put the little pieces together, it's pretty clear it was how the actors and staff were treated by the production crew.
>>
>>85111510
It was often mentioned and she acted feminine desu

Bump limit has been crushed.
>>
>>85110302
>>85111531
>>
>>85110714
Yes. Start with Storm Warning. You can listen to it for free on Spotify.
>>
>>85111501
If that's the case, then Eccelston is even more ballin than I thought. I'm going to add in 9's weakness for children in my stories if possible. Thanks for that little tidbit.
>>
>>85111510
because Chibnall is a feminist and literally had Tennants character in broadchurch say he's ashamed to be a man, because of 1 rapist's actions.
>>
>>85111505
its doctor who, which pulls more asspulls than any other sci fi show

you dont have to explain shit
>>
File: LocatingBillPotts.jpg (590KB, 2000x1293px) Image search: [Google]
LocatingBillPotts.jpg
590KB, 2000x1293px
>>85111152

Because cybermen don't like diversity.
>>
>>85111428
Ask the sperg that keeps bringing it up after I made one comment about it.>>85111311
>>85111012
>>
>>85111271
so...you're answer is that the new ground being covered is simply that now le doctor has a vagina! XD and the writing will reflect that the doctore now has a vagina?

theres nothing creative about that. Its the same identity politics gimmicky shit as the ghost busters reboot. Theres nothing of substance there, especially as they probably aren't going to make the doctor a girly girl so shes basically just going to be a man with a pussy
>>
>>85111583
>streaming

ewww
>>
>>85111638
That's literally not what I said, but alright. I even gave an example despite not being a writer for the show. More creativity than you have at least.
>>
>>85111651
Audiobookbay is a good source for Big Finish too.
>>
>>85111608
If you don't explain such a thing that is generating such a shitstorm you're trashtier at writing stuff
>>
NEW
>>85111674
>>85111674
>>85111674
>>85111674
>>85111674
>>85111674
>>
>>85111609
Is it strange that I prefer the Mondasian Cybermen as more terrifying than more recent incarnations? I had no exposure to Old-Who so this asthetic caught me off guard but the more I saw it the more it grew on me. I felt it had a better look than the Cybermen in Nightmare in Silver
>>
>>85111505
So? They already did that exact thing for when he regenerated into Capaldi, it'll be some subconscious reason she chose that particular face.
>>
>>85111676
You re the worst guy ever at arguing with your repetitive endless ad hominem attackd
>>
>>85111710
Find one. Wanna hear it. One not cringe.
>>
>>85111201
>disclaimer: I haven't watched Miracle Day

You haven't missed much.
To summarise:
- People stop dying
- Jack's mortal
- The world decided to start burning people alive to cut down the population because *handwave*
- Magic bed lets a man die

Finally:
- There's a giant cave cutting an axis through the earth that makes humans immortal when you put immortal blood in it. They throw Jack's mortal blood down it from both ends, everyone's mortal again except Jack and the guy they used as a human blood bag at the other end
>>
>>85111788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qx-0lvC18

Here's the one for Capaldi.
>>
>>85111325
>t's probably a rumour, like that one where "a BBC insider said they wouldn't risk a female doctor".
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-03/doctor-who-considering-us-style-writers-room-under-chris-chibnall
>>
>>85111706
Not at all anon.
Old who made the voices cartoony by messing up the pacing, nuwho revamped the voices to make them sound more terrifying.

Plus they actually showed the long, PAINful transition.

As for Nightmare In Silver, aparently Gaiman had a really nice idea and they said "DELET THIS" and they rewrote it and it ended up shit. Can't remember where I read that, but it was something official.
>>
>>85111976
Because news articles are never wrong
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/new-doctor-who-actor-revealed-10232705

Pretty sure the writers already discuss though, Moffat forced the writer of Oxygen to keep the Doctor blind at the end.
>>
Thread Dead
>>
>>85107287
This face is making me miss Jenna, and I really don't want to because Clala was an abortion.

Now I'm going to have to go watch some of that JAV girl with the same face and bod as Jenna again
>>
>>85107797
What will her TARDIS interior look like?
I know /pol/ will expect pink with a bed covered in stuffed teddy bears, but what does everyone else think? We've had steampunk(ish) for 9-10, that beautiful bronze mash-up for 11, and the current setup for 11-12. What's current, or what do you think they'll go for?
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.