[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 64

File: Hartnell laugh.gif (466KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hartnell laugh.gif
466KB, 320x240px
tfw Hartnellchad edition

What haven't you watched the entire Hartnell era, /who/? Yes, including recons. There's still time before Christmas.

Wearing a bit thin >>84599273
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVXo4y7VTCw
reminder
>>
>>84603816
>tfw The 12th Doctor Mentioned Donald Trump by name and noted he was "inevitable"
>>
File: DD43FMaXoAAGZ0A.jpg (247KB, 1116x789px) Image search: [Google]
DD43FMaXoAAGZ0A.jpg
247KB, 1116x789px
https://twitter.com/Andydrewz/status/882203162551234564
>>
Now that the dust has settled who is the best incarnation of the Master?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13353107
>>
>>84603816
Watching it all is easy mode. Real Hartnellchads go through all the 1st Doctor stories, even the noncanon ones like Auld Mortality.
http://eyespider.org.uk/drwho/wh/list.html
>>
>>84603850
What did he mean by this? Also what did he mean by that whole speech? It seemed like he was just rambling. Whether the Cybermen are inevitable didn't have much to do with what was happening onscreen.
>>
You might be a Doctor, but I am the Doctor. The definite article, you might say.
>>
>>84603893
The Master implied he was the sole creator of the Cybermen. The Doctor just told him that they happen everywhere and he ain't shit
>>
I haven't seen much of Classic Who, and now with the 6 month wait until the Christmas Special, it seems like a good idea to give it another go. I've only seen Tomb of the Cybermen and Spearhead in Space. I'd love to watch some Tom Baker to see why he was so much-loved in the day, but I'll rely on your opinions.

So what are the best Classic episodes in your opinion? Anything from Hartnell to McCoy.
>>
>>84603869
>who is the best
I love them all.
>>
>>84603893
It was blasting the "Mondas and Cybus Cybermen are completely different monsters" argument by saying "You know what? Mondas and Telos Cybermen are different too! Oh, and that comic where the Voord become Cybermen? That's canon. Let's see the TARDIS wiki handle that!"
>>
New TARDIS set for Series 11 onwards. Not sure if it'll be a remodelling of the current one or completely brand new, but change is a'comin'. More if/when I get it.
>>
>>84603925
Thank christ, we've had Capaldi's for three seasons and it was just a slightly altered version of Smith's second one. I'm really sick of it.
>>
>>84603925
Probably completely new, along with a new opening, I bet. Was to be expected with the change of the showrunner.
Here's to hoping the music will be something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_6f6tRR7s
>>
>>84603893
Well Trump kind of WAS inevitable given the political climate in the US. Ignore large chunks of a country for too long and they'll vote against the establishment. It's the same thing with Brexit. It's inevitable that if you ignore the interests of a very large group of people, sooner or later they will bite you in the ass with something terrible (to the establishment at least)
>>
>>84603914
1st Doctor - The Crusade, Marco Polo
7th - Battlefield
>>
>>84603893
see >>84603911
Basically this yes. Cybermen are inevitable. Human-like species opting to "cyber-up" because of disease or war or whatever is inevitable. It's happened on several planets on several occasions because of several reasons. The Cybermen are inevitable.

The Trump joke was Moffat trying to be funny and topical and it was a stupid decision. Even if the Doctor was rambling because of the situation he was in, why the hell would he go with a stupid election mistake made on Earth in 2017. Just Moff trying to be cool.
>>
>>84603914
The Enemy of the World
Inferno
Pyramids of Mars
Caves of Androzani
>>
>>84603943
It's too associated with Capaldi/Coleman now, and Chibnall really does want a clean break away from the past. If he's gunna breathe new life into the whole thing, a lot of cosmetic changes are needed. The console room, I'd expect, will be brighter for one thing and a little more fun.
>>
>>84603955
>new opening
Will it finally be Neon Visual's time to shine?
>>
>>84603914
The Time Meddler, Enemy of the World, Mind Robber, The War Games, Ambassadors of Death, Carnival of Monsters, Ark in Space, Genesis of the Daleks, Pyramid of Mars, Terror of the Zygons, Seeds of Doom, Talons of Weng-Chiang, Deadly Assassin, Horror of Fang Rock, City of Death, Kinda, Snakedance, Caves of Androzani, Remembrance of the Daleks, and all of Season 26.

If you can handle recons/cartoons, Power of the Daleks and Evil of the Daleks.
>>
File: nv's arse.png (191KB, 977x478px) Image search: [Google]
nv's arse.png
191KB, 977x478px
>>84604006
i member those times
>>
>>84603914
Robot / Genesis / Terror of the Zygons / Planet of Evil / Pyramids of Mars / Seeds of Doom / Hand of Fear / Deadly Assassin / Robots of Death / Talons of Weng-Chiang / Fang Rock / City of Death / Traken / Logopolis IMO for 4th Doctor viewing. It cuts a large slice of his middle stuff which I don't think's very good.

Top 3 Classics IMO - Inferno (3rd) / Curse of Fenric (7th) & Resurrection of the Daleks (5th).

If you're limiting yourself to just a few eps of each, try:

1 - The Daleks & Edge of Destruction (I think of them as the same story but feel free to disagree) and The Tenth Planet
2 - Web of Fear / The Invasion
3 - Inferno (long watch) / Claws of Axos or Day of the Daleks
4 - Terror of the Zygons / Seeds of Doom
5 - Earthshock / Resurrection of the Daleks or Caves of Androzani
6 - The Two Doctors / Revelation of the Daleks
7 - Greatest Show in the Galaxy / anything from Season 26
>>
>>84604019
what a fucking loser lmao
>>
>>84603914
Best seasons are the first two and last two. Baker is overrated. An Unearthly Child is definitely a good place to start with Hartnell, it's still one of my favorite serials and favorite first episodes of a show in general. If it hooks you then just watch all of Hartnell, it's all GOAT except a few stories that aren't and it's better in order.
>>
>>84603897
I honestly can't wait for his Doctor if it does turn out to be him (which seems likely at this point). All he'd have to do is play his Death in Paradise role and he'd be great. Bumbling, bit awkward, always losing his things, those are nice quirks for the Doctor to have in my opinion. If he plays it like DiP but adds a bit of seriousness when it's called for, he'd be great. Not too zany and random like Tennant and Smith could sometimes be, just a bit odd, but lovable
>>
File: nv being a dick.png (127KB, 977x564px) Image search: [Google]
nv being a dick.png
127KB, 977x564px
>>84604019
>>
>>84604049
So, Marshall is basically Fifth Doctor Mk2?
>>
>>84604019
Best way to even remotely have a chance of working with the show? Slag them off to fuck, come across as a petulant child, cry that everything you do is better, and post barely disguised bitterness all over the internet. Top kek, NV.

I bet he was pissed when those specially made CGI teasers for Series 10 were commissioned, since it was another YouTuber who wasn't him who got the gig.
>>
>Clara returns to become 13s companion
>>
Kris Marshall looks exactly like the Fifth Doctor.
I didn't like the Fifth Doctor.
>>
>>84604049
Is DiP worth watching?
>>
File: p032v3ls.jpg (76KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p032v3ls.jpg
76KB, 1200x675px
today I shall be talking to you out of the SQUARE WINDOW
>>
>>84604068
>nv
>envee
>envy
POTTERY
>>
>>84604078
it's quite comfy
>>
>>84603925
Were we expecting anything less? New era with a new showrunner, a new Doctor, new companion, new writers. Of course we're getting a new TARDIS. Did anyone ever even doubt that?
The question is whether it'll be remodeled or brand new, yes. If new, please show us a bit more, make it a bigger set. Just for once I'd like to see someone go downstairs, open a door and get something from a corridor or something. The TARDIS is supposed to be infinitely huge, just give us a bit more than a small set.
>>
>>84604080
Whenever I feel sad all I have to do is remember this etc.
>>
File: T6zgwIp.png (79KB, 342x491px) Image search: [Google]
T6zgwIp.png
79KB, 342x491px
H-hello, grandfather!

I wanted to thank you for rescuing me for the hundredth time today but I wasn't sure on how to repay you for it!

Well, now I know exactly how to do it!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRGxGtdUxLQ
Capaldi confirms:
>He seems to want to die before the regeneration cycle begins
>>
Out of all the people I've heard proposed for the 13th Doctor, Kris is the only one that I'm actively opposed to. I don't even know why but I'll be really disappointed and discouraged if it is him.
>>
>Clara, I'm not your boyfriend
>I never thought you were
>I didn't say it was your mistake

What did he mean by this?
>>
If they move on from this TARDIS set after Christmas, we will have had it for exactly 5 years (it was introduced at Christmas 2012, The Snowmen).
>>
>>84604145
what moffats saying is frightening me now
I don't want another god damn end of time
>>
>>84604165
He's accusing 11 of thinking he was Clara's boyfriend.
>>
>>84604078
It's a very good show. I love detectives and murder mysteries so I could be biased. Then again, having watched hundreds of detective/murder mystery shows I can honestly say DiP is great and ranks up there with the best. Great writing, great characters, great plots, but not only that, it's genuinely funny, it's light-hearted, and it somehow doesn't get old even though every episode is set on an unspecified large island in the Caribbean.
>>
>>84604165
11 wanted a piece of those pancakes.
>>
Remov moffat
>>
File: 46.jpg (333KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
333KB, 1920x816px
DOCTORS ARE NOT REQUIRED
>>
>>84604171
That's a good amount of time. I think TARDIS interiors should last longer than Doctors.
>>
>>84604175
It's not going to be an End of Time, it's going to be the antithesis of that. Because instead of an entire story of "YOU WILL DIE AT THE END OF THIS EPIC ADVENTURE! o no i don't wanna die :,(", we've already had the epic adventure where he dies at the end, and next we have a whole story specifically to deal with his reluctance to regenerate and presumably resolve it.
>>
>>84604145
But the way Moffat presents it it's even worse than 10. I'd love it if he was just so fucked by life that he doesn't want to live anymore. But what we have is that he doesn't want to live as another incarnation, and would rather die than give a shot to another Doctor. It's even more selfish.
>>
>>84604192
Okay, I will. After the Christmas special
>>
File: 1497032700053.png (246KB, 1018x784px) Image search: [Google]
1497032700053.png
246KB, 1018x784px
This episode reminded me of why I ship Master/Doctor so hard.

Missy dying without the Doctor knowing that she had changed her mind at the end went straight to the fucking heart. And now the Doctor will always remember that time when the Master converted his best friend into a cyberman and betrayed him.

Fuck me.
>>
>>84604192
>BBC has released a statement saying that Chris Chibnall, the showrunner of Doctor Who-to-be, has been murdered and then set on fire while celebrating his birthday. In light of these unfortunate events, Steven Moffat, the current showrunner, has agreed to stay in that position for another thousand years. More news at 11.
>>
The 13th Doctor will be Olivia Colman, and we'll have to deal with her cheekbones for the next five years.
>>
File: 1499132066448.jpg (493KB, 971x1471px) Image search: [Google]
1499132066448.jpg
493KB, 971x1471px
>>84604241
>And now the Doctor will always remember that time when the Master converted his best friend into a cyberman
In hindsight, he wasn't very mad about that. And neither was Bill really. His speech trying to appeal to the Master (which was great) was even targeted at Simm's Master.
>>
>>84604070
>>84604076
I'd like a return to the Fifth, and I can see Marshall echoing Davison's style while putting his own twist on it. I want a better outfit though (celery, really?).

Speaking of outfits, I know many of you like how Capaldi's wasn't that distinct and that he changed his clothes quite often (Capaldi said himself that he did this on purpose when choosing an outfit so that children could dress up as the Doctor more easily). But I'd like the next Doctor to have a very specific look and to stick with it. Nothing too flashy and burning to the eyes like 5 and especially 6, but just something unique that doesn't change much. Like 10 who had two suits he interchanged once every so often, or my favourite, 11, who only changed his bow tie sometimes but kept his core, recognisable outfit throughout his run (except when we wore that long overcoat that one time).

Anyone agree? I like my Doctor to stay in one costume, not to change every week or two.
>>
>>84604183
>look up some info on it
>stumble onto the the fact that the main character dies in S3 and is replaced by marshall
>no longer have a desire to watch the show knowing that tweest
>>
>>84604277
She'd be a great choice.
>>
>>84604241
In spite of it going wrong, I think the Doctor will still always hold out that bit of hope for the Master, just like he holds out hope for everything else.
>>
File: moffat pottery.jpg (24KB, 533x468px) Image search: [Google]
moffat pottery.jpg
24KB, 533x468px
>>84604145
>It parallels what Bill is saying. "If I can't be me, I don't want to live."
I was just thinking that.
>>
>>84604279
Simm Master's reply was fucking great.
>>
>>84604279

His speech was stilted, like almost every Moffat speech.
>>
>>84604296
And now neither do we.
>>
>>84604293
Simm's everything was fucking great. I wish we got more of this more subdued and less hypercharged version of him.
>>
>>84604279
>>84604293
That reply was the only time I really felt he resembled the Master from RTD's run.
>>
>>84604296
where is your self-awareness anon
>>
Remember a couple years ago when we thought John Simm hated Doctor Who and never wanted to come back?
>>
>>84604327
the part where he gets mad about his face being called round and wheels the doctor to the edge of the building to show him "his city" felt pretty fucking RTD era master-like to me
>>
>>84604080
why didn't they film gomez's head talking at the appropriate angle so the face looked 3D instead of a flat cardboard cutout?
>>
File: davison disgust.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
davison disgust.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>84604076
>I didn't like the Fifth Doctor.
>>
>>84604145
So is it vanity or suicidal thoughts?
>>
>>84604175
>>84604207
Exactly. Moffat clearly hated how RTD dealt with 10's regeneration. He'd never say it in an interview, but his quips about "I dun wanna go" show it clearly. Because regeneration is not death, it's the next step. Tennant treated it like death saying "and some other bloke just comes swaltering in", forgetting that that "bloke" would still remember everything Ten remembered.
Capaldi's case is different because he's sick of shit. While Ten didn't want to die because he liked being Ten and "didn't wanna go", Capaldi doesn't want to regenerate, he wants to die. He's subduing the generation because he's had enough, he thinks it's time for the Doctor to die.

Of course, during Christmas Hartnell and Capaldi will have a good old chat, exchanging stories. Capaldi will convince Hartnell that he should regenerate because of all the lives, planets, universes he will save in the future. Then Hartnell will realise this and convince Capaldi to carry on that trend. Then Capaldi accepts it, gets over his death wish and regenerated calmly, knowing that the legacy of the Doctor will go on to his next form, who will go on to do good in the universe.
At least, that's what I think the Special will be all about.
>>
>>84604351
No. I remember silly people thinking that and posting pictures that proved otherwise.

I do remember a couple of years ago where most people seemed to hate his Master.
>>
>>84604379
It looks a lot more freakish and cartoony the way they did it, it was probably on purpose.
>>
>>84604384
Five is my least favorite. He just seems bland compared to the rest. What's his distinctive character besides "old soul in a young man's body who likes cricket"?
>>
Now that her return is confirmed, how do you think they'll handle her return. She was overpowered as fuck as a companion. Now essentially a Doctor 2.0....

>That scene where she shows up both doctors with greater know-how of stuff no human should be able to comprehend
>That scene where both doctors argue about an issue with their tardis, only for Clara to fix it effortlessly
>That scene where somebody approaches the three of them, showering someone with praise and tall tales from their exploits across the universe, calling them hero they've been waiting for to come save them, only to ignore the doctor and head straight to Clara, oblivious to either doctor.
>That scene where she refers to them as her companions

Why did Moffat do this to us?
>>
File: Bunnymund_in_the_books.png (173KB, 340x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bunnymund_in_the_books.png
173KB, 340x300px
Is this a Time Lord /who/?
>>
>>84604435
expectation
>clara's scenes are about her accepting her death right before going back to gallifrey

reality
>it'll be a hallucination where she says no more than a sentence, like amy for 11
>>
>>84604435

It's a Clara echo.
>>
>>84604435
He wants his OC do not steal to be the best at everything
>>
>>84604435
I would expect it to be a mental image of her akin to Heaven Sent. I think it might be a bit weird if she somehow tracked down the location of his regeneration and actually flew over there.
>>
>>84604435
Since the Doctor won't remember her, it'll be some pretty small shit.
>>
File: 1472781570356.jpg (81KB, 799x719px) Image search: [Google]
1472781570356.jpg
81KB, 799x719px
>>84604435
>Now that her return is confirmed
W-what...?
>>
>Amy and Rory got old and died
>Clara became a zombie
>Bill turned into a puddle
>>
>>84604076
Maybe he's playing #5. Maybe he's regenerating into lookalikes of himself from now on, hence Baker's cameo in Day of the Doctor.
>>
>>84603964
Thanks, anon.

>>84603991
Cheers, I've heard of those a lot. Thinking of watching Pyramids. Androzani is also supposed to be really good I've heard. Isn't that 5th's regeneration story?

>>84604035
That is a lot to take in, thanks man. That's a good list of Tom Baker stories to check out. Like I said, I wanna see what all the hype was about. Heard he was drunk on set a lot near the end though, is that noticeable?

Also that list of good episodes per Doctor is great, thanks. That way I can check out all the Classic Doctors in a well-received story of theirs and decide if I want to delve more into a specific Doctor.

One more thing, why am I hearing "anything from Season 26" from everyone? If it's that amazing that everyone I ask says I should definitely watch it, why the hell did DW get cancelled after what seems to be its most popular Classic season?
>>
>>84604420
>mild mannered
>struggling to understand/act as a father figure to his younger companions
>morally self-righteous (more than other Doctors)
>maintaining dignity and class in the face of adversity
>struggles to be taken seriously because of his youthful appearance
I bet you like Tom Baker
>>
>>84604506
Lmfao
>>
File: Fuck.gif (2MB, 358x269px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.gif
2MB, 358x269px
>>84603914
1. Time Meddler and Tenth Planet
2. The Invasion and War Games
3. Everything. Pertwee is the GOATest. If you want a few maybe check out the Time Warrior (First Sontaran story) and Terror of the Autons (first Master story)
4. Baker's earlier seasons were the best imo. Check out Genesis of the Daleks, Terror of the Zygons, Pyramids of Mars, Brain of Morbius, The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
5. Caves of Androzani
6. The Two Doctors
7. Was pretty comfy, his early stories are all considered shit but I like most of them. They have a certain camp feel that just seems right. Paradise Towers, Remembrance of the Daleks, Happiness Patrol, Curse of Fenric.
>>
File: clara-itd-portrait.jpg (46KB, 570x370px) Image search: [Google]
clara-itd-portrait.jpg
46KB, 570x370px
>>84604495
For 12th's final goodbye, they're bringing back the best character of nu-who so far!!!!

Excited!?!?!

It's already been confirmed by the beeb anon!!
>>
>Heard he was drunk on set a lot near the end though, is that noticeable?
Oh God, yes. He was also in a really volatile relationship with Romana's actor, so there are tons of scenes where the characters refuse to talk to each other.

>why the hell did DW get cancelled after what seems to be its most popular Classic season?
Because it got shitty ratings at the time. A general consensus is that the old show never really healed from the 1986 hiatus, and got axed just when it was finally starting to shake that shit off.
>>
>>84604564
i hope she flash the pusy
>>
File: 1383411020952.jpg (35KB, 509x643px) Image search: [Google]
1383411020952.jpg
35KB, 509x643px
>>84604548
>only recommend one or two stories for 1, 2, and 5
>recommends all of 3's era
>>
>>84604525
How has no-one recommended The Mind Robber (2nd) to you yet? It's fantastic!

>why the hell did DW get cancelled after what seems to be its most popular Classic season?
The cancellation was sort of a long time coming. The popularity of the series and its standing in UK culture had been so damaged and diminished after the endless string of fuckups throughout the tail end of the JNT era, that even though the writers brought their A game for the final couple of seasons and especially 26, it was at too late a moment and the bastard BBC controller Michael Grade seized his opportunity like a vampire to kick the show in the gonads anyway.
>>
>>84603816
I can't because several serials are lost
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Bx_u68ZxM
>>
>>84604296
You idiot. I've been trying to get people in here to watch DiP ever since the Marshall rumours took off. Why did you post this?
It's still a great show, with Ben Miller in the first two series and Marshall in the other four. I've been trying to get people to watch it from the start because it's so good, but people want to step in on S3 when Marshall first appears.
Anyway twist or not, it's still very enjoyable. The very first episode has an amazing twist as well.
But go ahead and start with Marshall if you want, but you'll miss out on a lot of character development from the side characters which is all really good and funny stuff.
>>
Should /who/ write Capaldi a thank you letter for being a great Doctor? I know it would be autistic but why not
>>
>>84604623
I didn't like Capaldis doctor much desu
>>
>>84604161
Same. Just such an uninspired choice. Really hope it's not him.
>>
>>84604623
That's so autistic it reminds me of something /mlp/ did.
>>
>>84604525
Tom gets a bit more frosty from The Leisure Hive onwards.

"Anything from 26" is just people saying if you want to pick a GOAT story from McCoy's era, take any one of them and you'll be fine" - I'd personally say that you should go with Fenric or Survival, but Ghostlight and Battlefield are good - if you want more of an action-filled episode go for Battlefield, if you want gothic horror go for Ghostlight and Fenric but if you want something else, try Survival.
>>
File: 1498474358924.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498474358924.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>84604635
OUT OUT OUT
>>
>>84604457
Don't scare the hare, anon!
>>
>>84604623
That's so autistic it reminds me of something /v/ did.
>>
>>84604584
Pertwee was my Doctor, m8. Shit is so damn comfy. You have a Doctor that actually kicks ass, straight up scientist, best companion of all time with the Brig, UNIT supporting characters are all pretty unique and fun.
I never really liked 5. I love 1 and 2 but the recons are off putting for some people since the guy never watched classic Who I stuck with a few good ones that he can actually watch.
>>
File: 1307457157160.gif (1MB, 406x229px) Image search: [Google]
1307457157160.gif
1MB, 406x229px
>>84604317
>>84604329
>>84604617
>mfw I did it on purpose out of spite for /who/ spoiling Life on Mars

Now you fucks know what it's like
>>
Do you think Survival would be rated well if it wasn't the final episode of the classic series?
>>
>>84604681
>trying to cover up the fact that you were just retarded
>>
>>84604623
even better, how about writing a letter to thank moffat
>>
>>84604653
I just thought that his episodes were mostly badly written and his character wasn't all that great at times

Capaldi acted well but his time as the Doctor was damaged heavily by Moffats writing, same as Matt Smith really
>>
>>84604689
Survival would be rated better if they kept Munro's idea to make the Cheetah people guys with cat eyes and fangs instead of furries.
>>
>>84604564
by the beeb? I thought it was just in a tabloid?
Is there a press release?
>>
File: 1495460257584.png (336KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1495460257584.png
336KB, 494x494px
>>84604696
>writing a letter to thank moffat
no
>>
>>84604696
I agree with this. The Moffat era has been great.
>>
>>84604717
Just the Mirror so far.
>>
>>84604674
>UNIT supporting characters are all pretty unique
Literally what is the difference between Benton and Yates prior to Invasion of the Dinosaurs?
>>
Why would they announce clara this early if it's just a small cameo like with what happened with amy?
>>
>>84604705
That sounds bad though. Why would a lazier and less interesting design make the episode higher rated?
>>
>>84604722
>>84604727
Can we write a letter to thank for just Season 5 and the first half of Season 6? Maybe for the 50th too
>>
>>84604696
>Thank you for leaving, Moffat. Wished you would have done it three seasons ago.
>>
>>84604623
Yes please.
>>
>>84604754
Moffat has been a great showrunner and you will realize this in due time
>>
File: Capaldi's fan letters.png (286KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
Capaldi's fan letters.png
286KB, 1002x668px
>>84604623
He'd fucking love it

We should do that thing /mu/ does where they sing the lyrics from a song and compile them, but we should do the theme song instead.

C'mon anons
>>
File: 1499082095088.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499082095088.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>84604749
NO
>>
>>84604736
Benton is sometimes used as comic relief whereas Yates is played up as a more serious but still humorous person

>Yates takes Benton's food
>Benton gets turned into a baby in The Time Monster
>Benton gets battered repeatedly in mutiple stories

Some of the things that's similar about them is that they wore uniforms and now no one remembers either of them
>>
>>84604762
>We should do that thing /mu/ does where they sing the lyrics from a song and compile them, but we should do the theme song instead.
no that's fucking autistic, stick to the letter
do that thing where everyone draws a small image and compile them all together
>>
>>84604761
>t. Moffat
>>
>>84604745
"They" haven't announced it. There's no BBC press release or anything. Just rumourmongering so far (although it's probably true).

>A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Jenna Coleman has agreed to film something new as Clara. It's become a tradition now for the companions to reappear as the Doctor regenerates and Jenna isn't letting the side down. It'll help to give Peter the send-off he deserves after three years."

>"a source"
>Mirror
>>
>>84604623
how would we get it to him?

I think doing one for moff could be a good idea. In practically every interview he does now he talks about all the nasty internet hate messages and it's pretty clear it's having a huge impact on him
letting him see something nice for once would be thoughtful
>>
>>84604120
>Were we expecting anything less?
Sorry Captain Snarky. I'll keep my info to myself.
>>
Okay how should we begin to write this emotional letter to both Moffat and Capaldi for the greatness they have provided us?
>>
>>84604782
Nah c'mon anon. It'll be a laugh
>>
>>84604801
"We will always remember when the showrunner was you"
>>
>writing a letter to moffat
you people disgust me
>>
>>84604801
everyone draw/produce some sort of small image and someone compile them all
>>
>>84604795
>I think doing one for moff could be a good idea
STOP
>>
>>84604815
That has got to be the last line for sure.
>>
>>84604006
Nah, The new opening will be based on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OIMqXKNds
>>
>>84604815
shit that's actually good.
>>
>>84604462
Not an echo.
>>
Can't we just dedicate this years Shit Trips to Capaldick and Moffuck?
>>
File: 2gd brazzers.gif (2MB, 353x195px) Image search: [Google]
2gd brazzers.gif
2MB, 353x195px
>>84604691
>>
>>84604795
It does sadden me to think of all the negative reception Moff seems to get very directly. Not even saying it's invalid (although I disagree with the vast majority of it), just that it must give you a skewed perspective.
>>
can we include michelle gomez and matt lucas please since they're also leaving and they're GOAT
>>
>>84604832
Moffat, you have single-handedly ruined both Smiths and Capaldis time as the Doctor. Thank you for that.
>>
>>84604855
They get plenty of praise, Moff doesn't, I think is the idea.
>>
>>84604858
fuck off
literally the most useless unnecessary trip
>>
>>84604858
We will always love you.
Eternally yours, 4chan.
>>
friendly reminder capaldi would never have been the doctor at all were it not for moffat
>>
File: Disapproval.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>84604858
Shit opinions detected.
>>
>>84604801
Dear Steven,

Thanks for Nardole

Best wishes,
/WHO/
xx
>>
>>84604736
Benton was kind of simple minded, he worked much better off the Doctor and the Brig because of this. Pretty funny stuff and was very likeable. Yates was kind of a prick and didn't joke around as much.
>>
>>84604875
wtf i love capaldi now
>>
>>84604848
2GD on /who/
>>
ill gather up all the responses here and make an image - keep 'em up
>>
reminder that moff is responsible for characterkino and characterkino is a huge part of what has made capaldi's era the diamond age
>>
>>84604875
This is actually true, since they said that when it came to casting 12 they never even let it go to auditions, they just auditioned Peter and called it a day
>>
>>84604872
PS: Capaldi was great at being the Doctor so thank you Capaldi
>>
Moffat, you had the best of times, and the worst of times.
But still, the best of times.
>>
The show always changes when you think about it, all different eras all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, it's got to keep moving, so long as we remember all the shows that it used to be. We will not forget one series of this, not one episode, we swear.
>>
Moffat, thank you for being different than RTD (he sucked ass).
>>
>>84604795
>>84604851
You could probably just address it to Steven himself, at the Roath Lock address. (Talalay thanked some fans for a letter on Twitter, and it was simply addressed to her with the Roath Lock Studio address)
>>
Moff, we'll never be able to find the words.
>>
>>84604762
>sing the theme tune
>not The Long Song
I mean, it even starts with "Rest now my warrior"
>>
>>84604601
I think someone did. I just didn't reply to everyone, I think. The Mind Robber then, alright, I'll check it out.

As for the cancellation, maybe it was just inevitable after 26 years. I heard Colin Baker was very ill-received and there was only so much McCoy could do to save the sinking ship (and let's be honest, he's not the greatest actor out there, even though I love him in everything I've seen him in). But yeah, I heard about this Michael Grade dude making the final decision to cut the show. All in all though, and this might be controversial, maybe it was for the best, keeping it off-air for a bit. Maybe not 16 years, but still. If the popularity was that low in the UK at the time, even if the writers did very well on their last outings, it could have gotten far worse in future seasons.

That said, I can't see a cancellation for NuWho coming anytime soon. Even with these current terrible ratings. Chibnall will have to bring his A game and revitalise the show and bring back the audience, sure. But even if the ratings go up just a little bit or stay about the same, I don't think there's any fear of cancellation. Say what you will about Moffat, but during his reign DW's worldwide popularity has fucking skyrocketed. The Americans love it, the Australians love it, it's all over Europe, and even fucking Asia now. Remember that press tour Capaldi did with Jenna where they went to Singapore, Korea, and China or whatever? That's a huge, huge deal. So even if the UK doesn't give a shit anymore, there's about 2 billion people outside the UK who still do, which wasn't true in 1989. And then there's the fact that BBC needs DW more than ever now that Top Gear has moved and been replaced with a new cast nobody wanted, and Bake-Off was sold off. DW will be safe for quite some time, even if Chibnall fucks it up.
>>
>>84604777
>Benton is sometimes used as comic relief whereas Yates is also sometimes used as comic relief but not as much
wow, such unique characters.
>>
>>84604747
>lazier and less interesting design
If by that you mean "less idiotic looking due to the absence of an absurd, face-smothering furry mask", then I think the answer is clear.
>>
File: img.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
If you want to contribute, please make some sort of image. Resolution doesn't matter, just keep it a perfect square.
Try not to be too abusive.
>>
File: The-Hartnell-Years.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
The-Hartnell-Years.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>84604905
>never even let it go to auditions
>they just auditioned
>>
Chibnall may be a showrunner. But you were THE showrunner.
>>
File: 1395926530265.png (357KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1395926530265.png
357KB, 550x550px
>>84604897
hey moff thanks for leaving, wish you could have done it a bit sooner, but some of your episodes were good. good luck with your vampire-sherlock

p.s
please tell capaldi that he was amazing and he will be missed
>>
>>84604954
They never let it go to proper auditions. They just called Peter and told him to give it his best and then decided he was the one.
>>
It's time to stand with the Moffat.
>>
>>84604681
>I did it on purpose out of spite for /who/ spoiling Life on Mars
Doesn't look like you did it on purpose. Also, when did /who/ spoil Life on Mars for you? What the fuck was there to spoil anyway?
>>
File: Untitled.png (60KB, 2186x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60KB, 2186x1236px
>>84604948
>>
>>84604979
NO.
>>
>>84604993
>keep it a perfect square
>>
>>84604947
no, by "lazier and less interesting design" I mean giving actors some contacts and fake teeth is a lazier and less interesting design than almost anything else
>>
It's a big universe, but we hope to see you (write Doctor Who in some form) again.
>>
>>84604979
I WILL NEVER STAND WITH THE MOFFAT
>>
>>84604981
The fact that he was actually on a trip to Mars the whole time.
>>
It's funny, the day you lose a showrunner isn't the worst - at least you've got something to complain about. It's all the days they stay gone.
>>
"Peter, we hope they find a way to preserve disembodied heads in jars like in Futurama so you could come back for the 100th anniversary"
>>
"Moffat, perverting the course of Doctor Who history!"
>>
>>84604979
Without shame, without wit, without logic
>>
Seven years showrunning, you must think that's a hell of a long time. Personally, we think that's a hell of a Moff.
>>
>>84605024
>we hope they find a way to preserve disembodied heads in jars like in Futurama
jesus christ, these are getting more and more embarrassing

can we stop now? nobody's even compiling them anyway
>>
>>84604979
Never coherent, nor consistent. Never give answers, never give satisfaction.
>>
>>84605021
why did you have to go and ruin such a poignant quote
no one gives a shit about Moffhack any more, he had a few good ideas and run them into the fucking ground
>>
File: 20170704_140202.png (9KB, 182x182px) Image search: [Google]
20170704_140202.png
9KB, 182x182px
>>84604948
>>
"CARO SKINNER IN DISTRESS, BRING HER BACK NOW, WE WON'T TAKE LESS."
>>
File: bravo.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bravo.png
149KB, 600x450px
This image is my contribution.
>>
>>84604623
I wouldn't really like to be a part of that, honestly. Because I'm assuming you'd say it was from the Doctor Who general threads on 4chan. If by the off-chance, the very small off-chance that he decides to take a look at /who/, I'd be very ashamed.

But thank you for bringing the idea into my head. I might write him a letter myself.
You never know if fan letters actually get to the person or if they just end up in a huge pile in a cupboard in his agent's office, but I know I would love to receive fan mail if I were an actor, especially an actor in Doctor Who who has loved the show himself since he was a little kid. And going by press stuff and videos on set, Capaldi seems an absolute gentleman who always shakes hands, takes a photo and smiles at everyone. If anyone reads fan mail, Capaldi does. That said, I bet he gets a lot and he's a busy man.
>>
File: 1495306443093.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495306443093.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>Who the hell does he think he is?
>The man who won the BAFTAs sir.
>>
>>84605076
If you find an address to send them to, share it. I think I'd like to send him a personal letter too.
>>
>>
>>84603816
I've just started up on watching the First Doctor stories and have finished up through the second Daleks serial. I have to say, those historical ones really tend to be way too long.
>>
File: who will miss you.png (21KB, 631x631px) Image search: [Google]
who will miss you.png
21KB, 631x631px
>>
>>84605076
>>84605104
Send them to Roath Lock. Talalay had a letter delivered to her that way and she received it
>>
>>84605012
That was glaringly obvious from the very first episode. If you didn't get that, you're an idiot.
Also, anyone seen Ashes to Ashes? The follow-up to Life on Mars, but set in the 80's and starring the gloriously milfalicious Keeley Hawes (played the bank director in Time Heist). Great show, but that ending "spoiler", christ. That was even worse than the "spoiler" in Life on Mars.
>>
reminder

https://twitter.com/rtalalay/status/869969589525938176
>>
File: punishedgaytiss.png (427KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
punishedgaytiss.png
427KB, 500x500px
>>84604948
>>
Hey! I'm going to be out of this job in a few hours, so before I go, let's have this out. you and me, once and for all.
"Love of the fans?" Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to "win their love". I'm not doing this because I want to beat some other show - or because I hate some other writer, or because I want to blame the studio. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because the writing works, because it hardly ever does.
I do what I do because it's right. Because it's decent. And above all, it's kind.
It's just that. Just kind. If I retire from the show today, good people will whine. If I stand and write, some of them might appreciate it - maybe not many, maybe not for long. Hey - maybe there's no point in any of this script, at all, but it's the best I can write, so I'm going to do it - and I will stand here writing it until it kills me.
You're going to leave the fandom too, someday. When will that be? Have you thought about it? What would you leave for?
Who I am is what I write. And what I write is where I fail.
Stand with me. These fans are terrified. Maybe we can help a little. Why not, just at the end, just be kind?
>>
>>84605104
>>84605125
I'd assume you send it to whatever agency Capaldi works under and make it clear on the envelope that it's fan mail.
You could even be very bold and find out who his agent is or who represents him(you can usually find that online) and call them up. I mean, you can book actors through agents. Just make a quick call and ask if Peter likes getting fan mail and if so, where you could send it to.
>>
File: the day of the moffat.jpg (90KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
the day of the moffat.jpg
90KB, 360x360px
>>84604948
>>
File: 1481818763850.jpg (13KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1481818763850.jpg
13KB, 228x221px
>>84605212
>Who I am is what I write. And what I write is where I fail.
>>
>>84605164
>https://twitter.com/rtalalay/status/869969589525938176
I honestly have no idea what I'm looking at here. Even for a quick doodle, that's terrible. TARDIS, maybe? Is that Hartnell/Bradley's face on the right?
>>
File: war chibnall.jpg (35KB, 435x354px) Image search: [Google]
war chibnall.jpg
35KB, 435x354px
>writer write thyself
>moffat no more
>>
File: Message to the moff.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Message to the moff.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>84604948
>>
File: 1486210447100.jpg (45KB, 634x498px) Image search: [Google]
1486210447100.jpg
45KB, 634x498px
>>84605269
Introducing Mark Gatiss as THE WAR MOFFAT
>>
>>84605254
>https://twitter.com/rtalalay/status/869969589525938176
>Xmas episode in a visual nutshell.
>pictured: a mess
I believe it.
>>
File: 1490227987834.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490227987834.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>84604948
>>
File: 1489983173079.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489983173079.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
No, no, no, no, no, no! Where have you taken us Moff? If you're trying to prove a point, we're not listening. We don't want the showrunner to change. NEVER AGAIN! It can't keep being someone else. Whatever you're writing, we're staying. No! YOU WILL NOT CHANGE!
>>
File: DBLArfwWsAAZRrD.jpg (533KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DBLArfwWsAAZRrD.jpg
533KB, 1536x2048px
>>84605164
looks like a birds eye view
can /who/ solve it?
>>
>>84605164
Looks like a dick with three balls.
>>
Only in darkness are we revealed.

Good writing is not writing that seeks advantage. Good is good in the final hour. In the deepest pit.

Without hope. Without witness. Without reward.

Quality is only quality in extremis
>>
>>
>>84604981
During End of Time when Simm around. He's in both shows so we were talking about it at the time.

>doesn't look like you did it on purpose

If it was obvious people wouldn't have read it, that's the point.
>>
File: d11-10p-c062.jpg (144KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
d11-10p-c062.jpg
144KB, 562x562px
>>84604948
>>
File: jesus.jpg (634KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
634KB, 1920x1200px
>>84605407
Jesus cameo confirmed?
>>
Imagine if Moff's episodes happened all at once. Every moment of his era laid out around you...like a city. Streets full of buildings made of episodes. The ep Matt arrived. The ep Matt left. The ep Peter arrived. A whole city built from paradox and innuendo and adventure and laughter and gnashing your teeth. It's the best place you will ever be.
Moffat is a structure relative to ourselves. Moffat is the writing made by our lives. Where we watch together forever.
Many Original Fantastic Fables At Teatime.
It means life.
>>
All of series ten deleted scenes in good quality

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcqt_jA1Z-_TeoT1zVYd-gQ
>>
>>84605407
it's the paths extras are walking
start at the X, follow the line in the direction of the arrow
drawn over multiple times when talking to all the different people
>>
>>84605530
do you not have anything better to do
>>
Alright, jumping in on Pyramids of Mars. Let's see what Classic Who is all about.
>>
>>84605530
this has to be at the top of the card
>>
>>84605554
Moff-praise is only Moff-praise in extremis.
>>
>>84605571
okay
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8GDaSTdw4
>>
>>84605551
>they had capaldi playing clara's theme on guitar in the pilot
>and they fucking cut it
disgusting
>>
>>84605621

I pointed that out ages ago
>>
>>84605663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmygCygy5I

It's pretty fantastic but I think Joy Division worked better in the end, it had more of a dreamy vibe which fit the montage. Plus Clara's theme gets that reference at the end of the episode anyway. Still, very glad we got to see the scene.
>>
>>84605551
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdaHj5Krnc
Nice callback to A Good Man Goes to War
>>
>>84605718
>No no no we can't have him confirm his being straight on screen in the year of our lord 2017, cut that scene.
>>
>>84605797
Bi. Then he's invisible.
>>
>>84605797
you're delusional
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkVGQ--KoUU
why is the doctor such a bully to nardie
>>
>>84605895
he's negging him
>>
>>84605693
Good to see you again, Neo
>>
>>84605895
Now imagine the outcry if he said that to Bill.
>>
>>84605952
whoa, really made me think
>>
File: putmeinthething.png (476KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
putmeinthething.png
476KB, 500x500px
Am I too late?
>>
>>84605940
Good to see you too, I was wondering if you were still around! How'd the new place work out? I hid out from the generals here for a few weeks because too much stuff was leaking and I still wanted a few surprises.
>>
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-04/steven-moffat-and-russell-t-davies-schemed-to-end-doctor-who-series-10-with-a-pregnant-missy
>>
If it was him would you be mad?

>>84606003
a literal moffucking
>>
>>
>>84606037
>they bring clara back and have them fuck on screen
I want it
>>
>>84606003
He said that on the Aftershow and Christel was proper shocked, ha.

>>84606037
I don't like Madden as an actor, I think he's very one-note, but it's not the same note as the last few NewWho Doctors so I'd support it more than someone like Marshall. I'd be overall disappointed though.
>>
>>84605895

He's saying what I was thinking in every scene with Nardole. He's so fucking annoying.
>>
http://nudityandnerdery.tumblr.com/post/161309641517/okay-so-i-had-this-moment-where-i-finally-figured
>>
>>84606037
Too pretty.
>>
>>84606105
That's not even bad desu compared to some of the cringey shit on /who/
>>
>>84606003
>In fact he doubts whether even the Master is vain enough to become his/her own parents.
who wrote this article and why/how do they think that having sex with yourself could possibly result in becoming your own parent?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3wiM2ERIw

Damn, all these deleted scenes are really quite good. This one's comfy. Wish they could have made it in.
>>
>>84606173
That's my favourite of the deleted scenes, I think. I especially like the Doctor stating that alien races are filled with individuals, just like the human race. I feel like the show doesn't remember that often
>>
>>84605989
Yes I found a place to live! I'm still around, I check every thread I'm just quieter than usual because I... haven't been doing so well.
>>
>>84606159
Not to mention Time Lords are sterile
>>
File: 10yell.png (71KB, 270x278px) Image search: [Google]
10yell.png
71KB, 270x278px
>>84606244
NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBk6RR_LM8c
bless peter
>>
>>84606198
Yeah that's a really nice touch. I liked Empress of Mars more than the usual Gatiss fare.

>>84606205
:(
>>
>>84606037
>>84606064
Would be awkward considering she dumped him for Tom Hughes.
>>
File: Erase who.jpg (640KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Erase who.jpg
640KB, 960x960px
>>84604948
Don't have time for a new painting so here you go.
>>
>>84605895
Shame this got deleted. It's the perfect set-up for Nardole being a bad ass in the finale. The Doctor's egging Nardole on to expand his mind and to be useful instead of being an annoying chain to the Doctor's leg dragging him back to guarding the Vault. And what the Doctor said to him obviously had some effect on ol' Nardie because after that he became the bad ass we now all know and love.
>>
>>84606294
Bumbling character who went on to become total badass.

Are we talking about Rory or Nardole?
>>
>>84606319
rory's "badassery" was always forced because arthur lacks the charisma to pull it off convincingly
>>
>>84606037
Good-looking, right age (for the BBC execs), some fame from GoT but not enough that he'd be too busy doing other stuff. I'd like him a lot.

But he can't really act that well, so no.
Shame really, there's so many people who tick all the criteria of being the Doctor (looks, age, availability, just the right amount of fame) but they can't act very well. And even if you tick all the other boxes, if you're not a good actor, you're not going to be cast as the Doctor.
>>
"Who I am is where I stand, and where I stand is where I fall."

In 25 words or less, reply with what you would choose to both stand and fall for.
>>
>>84606371
Ace because she's ace.
>>
>>84606371
Making Doctor Who great again.
>>
>>84606371
Moff
>>
is class worth watching
>>
>>84606421
only if you're a homosexual and like melodrama
>>
>>84606105
Stev--- I mean Jack Davenport would actually be a nice Doctor I think. He's done serious stuff before, played that British Navy guy in Pirates of the Caribbean, the one stuck in a love triangle with Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom.

Also just to add, if anyone here hasn't seen Coupling, go watch it. Written by Moffat years before Who and it's fucking hilarious. It's like Friends, but British, and funnier.
>>
>>84605895
Twelve can be such a dick.
>>
>>84606290
If you're really paintanon, I just wanted to let you know that your work is incredible and I really admire you as a fellow artist
>>
friendly reminder this scene is GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKt9gifk9fI
>>
>>84606319
>>84606356
Exactly. Nardole came across as genuine bad-ass, maybe because he's seen some shit with the Doctor, and quite possibly before. And don't forget that he's an alien, not a human. His progression was fast, subtle, but good. Also Matt Lucas surprised me with his acting as I've only seen him do comedy stuff, but somehow the fact he was a walking bumbling comic relief character who nonchalantly blows up a windmill with a gun made it so much better than all the "Rory the Roman" moments.

Rory's moments of being a bad-ass were terribly forced. I adore Arthur Darvill and he can act, but he can't pull off the bad-ass angle. I still cringe whenever I think back to "WHERE. IS. MY. WIFE."
>>
>>84606615
Nardole never grew, he was just this mysterious boring dude who occasionally was a badass but in really out of the blue ways that felt so inconsistent with his character.
>>
>>84606438
not even lmao
>>
>>84603816
>What haven't you watched the entire Hartnell era, /who/?
There is still stuff I have to watch but without a doubt: the Hartnell era is one of the best eras of the show

>Based Ian, Barbara, Susan
>>
File: doctor-who-christmas-special.jpg (21KB, 570x403px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-who-christmas-special.jpg
21KB, 570x403px
>>
File: gallery_davidbradley.jpg (36KB, 768x510px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_davidbradley.jpg
36KB, 768x510px
The legend returns
>>
>>84606421
Think I watched three episodes before I dropped it. It's Buffy but with British teenagers from all different ethnicities. Also gay sex. Think Torchwood dumbed down (even more) and SJA turned dark. It's right in the middle in terms of those demographics, but just not very good.
I'm not motivated to finish the series.
>>
>>
Damn that season finale didn´t live up to the hype. They misused the Master/ Missy. (Is anyone else under the impression that Simms was tonned down to adjust to the other two and felt bland this time around?)

They didn´t even let Bill as a cybermen. I mean, i realize that with all the political progressive shit on the season they couldn´t "upgrade" the black gay character to be an average society robot but come on! most companions meet tragic endings... why not her?! that´s bullshit.

I´ve liked both RTD and the Moff but obviously Moff has run out of stories to tell... hope the next showruner and the next Doctor regain the fun Tennant and Smith had.

Yes yes, i liked the first Doctor cliffhanger but the rest just seems like missed oportunities.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynuPnfH7f8
>doesn't look very impressive does he nardole what have you brought to my doorstep
why was this line delivered so poorly?
>>
>>84606689
People keep asking if 1 is back...yeah, I'm thinking he's back!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKmwRUZydmY
>>
File: tumblr_muzoy3JGcx1sgjum7o1_500.jpg (56KB, 470x705px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muzoy3JGcx1sgjum7o1_500.jpg
56KB, 470x705px
>>
File: Harry_Sullivan.jpg (32KB, 300x396px) Image search: [Google]
Harry_Sullivan.jpg
32KB, 300x396px
Just posting the best companion
>>
>>84606733
So this 13th?
AGAIN an old fart....

Black guy or woman when?
>>
>>84606735
>They misused the Master/ Missy.

Not sure if serious.
>>
>>84606744
her delivery throughout the mass of the episode is pretty bad because her comic timing is pretty woeful
>>
File: 2fd766820c8e35b6fb9bebf515edc0a3.jpg (193KB, 1065x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2fd766820c8e35b6fb9bebf515edc0a3.jpg
193KB, 1065x1600px
>>84606750
>>
>>84606744
Why is NuWho constantly referencing the 51st century
>>
File: 1492468525147.jpg (50KB, 499x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492468525147.jpg
50KB, 499x573px
>>84606763
>>
>>84606735
>Is anyone else under the impression that Simms was tonned down to adjust to the other two and felt bland this time around?
I'm under the impression that moff did the character justice for the first time by not making him full bonkers insane
>>
>>84606735
Simm being toned down was the best thing about the episode besides Capaldi's last fight
>>
>>84606630
His infrequent slips into bad-ass or useful made me like him. One minute he's a boring, awkward baldie nagging at the Doctor to go back to the Vault, then the next minute he's blowing up shit or actually being useful and providing information.

DW needs another alien character as a companion. Just so the Doctor doesn't have to do all the techno-babble. Having someone around who knows about spaceships and space/time travel and aliens is really nice. The Doctor, his companion, and his alien companion who knows stuff about the universe as well, perfect TARDIS set. Kinda like Jack. Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Timelords wouldn't have worked with just 10 and Martha.
>>
File: 00_125_60mb-lr.jpg (332KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
00_125_60mb-lr.jpg
332KB, 1600x1066px
>>
>>84606735
>most companions meet tragic endings... why not her

Pretty easy to headcanon Bill died as a Cyberman and the Heather stuff was just a dying hallucination/dream. Only thing tricky to justify is how 12 got into the TARDIS, but I'm sure a /who/re can manage that. Tbh that's how I read the scene, although I know it wasn't Moff's intention
>>
File: 00_44_60MB-640x360.jpg (50KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
00_44_60MB-640x360.jpg
50KB, 640x360px
>>
>>84606817
Pretty easy to headcanon the Doctor died and the First stuff will be just a dying hallucination/dream.

Who has ended.
>>
>>84606817
bill died, the puddle just made a replica of her consciousness. A simulation bill talking to a simulation heather.
>>
>>84606744
This episode shows River having a chronological spotter's guide. So why in Forest of the Dead does she look at 10 and ask if they've done the Crash of the Byzantium yet? Is she fucking retarded?
>>
>>84606805
This t b h
Doctor Falls made me actually like Simm's Master, now that he wasn't jumping around and making faces all the time.
>>
File: the-daleks.jpg (162KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
the-daleks.jpg
162KB, 1920x1280px
>>
>>84606817
Missy was playing dead in front of Simm, and remembered he would use the laser screwdriver to kill her and prepared for it, and she rescued the Doctor
There
>>
>>84606744
I want more Nardole. I want his back story. Why did he end up working for River? What species is he and from what planet? He hints he's had sex with men and women and that he hasn't always looked the way he does now.

Come on BF, you can do this! I bet Matt Lucas would be delighted to do some BF.
>>
The anon spamming Bradley pics really isn't annoying.
>>
File: landscape_adventure7.jpg (66KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape_adventure7.jpg
66KB, 980x490px
>>
>>84606846
Used to be fun to do that with Sixie since colin never regenerated onscreen. Alas, he's given up pushing that since TLA came out.
>>
>>84606879
He's Jack after a burger binge eating century
>>
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Arse
>>
If the christmas special is about redemption and involves 12 seeing all his companions and making amends and whatever, I sincerely hope they throw in a missy scene. Even if it's just 12 finding out that she was going to come back to him before she got shot
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>84606890
>The anon spamming Bradley pics really isn't annoying.
Give respect to the first and original Doctor
>>
>>84606929
How terribly amusing.
>>
>>84606793
k9 comes from the 51st century, so Moffat made captain jack and river song be from that same century. It's just sort of a joke about Jack and River being from that era. (Though River got older so she's living in the 53rd century or something by the time husbands takes place)

also the maldovarium is 51st century
>>
yfw moff makes 1 say and a merry christmas to all of you at home
>>
>The grandfather I never had
>>
>>84606910
>no mention that bill's arse is in a hospital pedal bin
>>
>>84606910
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Penis
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Xenopornography
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Gay_Dads_Organisation
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Fuck_buddy
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Spanking
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Tentacle
>category: sexuality
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Masturbation
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Necrophilia
>>
>>84606929
Half-baked idea: Bradley being the first Doctor instead of Hartnell as like a Truth Monk style fake news thing. Don't know where I'm going with it, the way you phrased that just made me think of it.

>>84606963
That would be incredible.
>>
>>84606963
I would be pretty mad if he doesn't
>>
>>84606910
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Clara%27s_fat_arse
>>
>>84606735
I don't really agree, I loved the finale. Better than I could've hoped for. Missy and the Master were used brilliantly, though I feel like Simm should've had more screentime/stuff to do.

>but obviously Moff has run out of stories to tell
This I agree with. The Monks were a complete copy-paste of The Silents, from creepy long fingers to electrical beams, to the backstory of ruling the planet (Silents did it in the background and made mankind discover the wheel etc, Monks liked to be on stage and adored). And then there's the fact that Bill's exit is the exact same as Clara's exit. Consecutive companion exits that were completely the same.

Moff's given us some seriously good episodes during his run, but he has run out of ideas and is re-using them now. Thank god the finale was good though. I'll appreciate Moff in years to come but it is definitely time to step down and let someone else take over the wheel.
>>
>>84606963
Shit son. Moff's gonna do it the absolute madman.
>>
>>84606757
>murray just left his phone on during recording
>>
>>84606929
So when are they going to re-film the missing episodes with Bradley?
>>
People keep asking if there's gonna be a new thread...yeah, I'm thinking there's gonna be a new thread!
>>
>>84606735
Why can´t you use apostrophes like a normal person?
>>
>>84607107
unf...need this so bad, fuuuck....
>>
>>84607118
WE CAN'T KEEP BEING ON SOME OTHER THREAD
>>
>>84607107
How would you feel about them recreating bits (if not all) of Tenth Planet 4? They have Bradley, they have Mondasian Cybermen, they have the Hartnell TARDIS, they have the Hartnell console room, and they have at least 2 Tenth Planet set recreations...

Now throw 12 in the mix, "Trials and Tribble-ations" style

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Trials_and_Tribble-ations_(episode)
>>
>>84607166
I, WILL NOT, SAGE!
>>
File: REEEEgeneration.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEgeneration.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>84607118
I WILL NOT CHANGE THREAD. NEVER AGAIN.
>>
I WILL NOT CHANGE
>>
>>84606879
>>84606907
I like that. Jack gets depressed because he doesn't get to have Torchwoody adventures anymore and decides to eat himself fat to comfort him, this unhealthy lifestyle eventually resulting in Nardole, who after surviving against the Cybermen on that spaceship for thousands of years flies off and continues shoving his face full of burgers and donuts until he eventually just becomes the Face of Boe, a giant, fat face.
Face of Boe then meets 10 and says that he's not alone, referring to the Master and Missy he saw on that spaceship.

There, it all makes sense now.
>>
>>84607190
Reminds me of Rassilon shouting "I WILL NOT DIE" desu
>>
/who/ sitcky when?
>>
>>84607196
feels very chris chibnally

grounded, realistic, british
>>
>>84606921
The Special will be 12 and 1 discussing regeneration, and there will probably be aliens too because the kids wouldn't like 60 minutes of kino dialogue between the first Doctor and the currently last Doctor, even though I would. I very much doubt Capaldi will do a tour-de-companions like 10 did. Moff clearly doesn't like what RTD did there. If anything, it'll be another hallucination of Clala/Bill in the TARDIS right before he regenerates (like Smith seeing Amy).
>>
File: 1492468525932.jpg (152KB, 1019x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1492468525932.jpg
152KB, 1019x1019px
>>84607238
/whet/ general when?
>>
>>84606805
>>84606812

The point is that it´s a different Master and not Simms Master. I think i would have liked to see him act childish and trowing tantrums while the other two remained more... adult. I realize it´s a matter of synching the acting styles so he wouldn´t look stupid or out of place since Cappaldi, being an old actor, is not the over the top type but still.

>>84606817

That´s totally besides the point. We saw her heading into the sunset with her knight in shining armor by deux ex machina godness.
I mean, the Moff was cruel to her, he gave her the worst possible death and stated that not even the Doctor could fix that.

Then magic pool girl appears, fixes her AND even pilots the TARDIS. That´s just childish and dumb. The whole point of the Doctor falling should have been just that, to make him fail... yet everyone survived.
>>
Would it be kino if the BBC played something like this before the Christmas ep started? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOnpry9FCI
>>
>>84607283
>That´s totally besides the point.

I'm curious. What did I say that was besides the point? Seems to me you missed my point. You don't have to take this ending you dislike at face value, particularly not when Moffat himself constantly insists "headcanon" is the most important way to experience the show. If you think it's an inauthentic and childish ending, why not entertain the idea that it wasn't the ending at all?
>>
>>84607259
except we've seen bill on set in the puddle costume, so that one at least won't be a hallucination
bill even left a tear on capaldi so she knew where to find him
>>
>>84607283
>yet everyone survived.
??? did you watch the episode? the master died. missy died in a way meant to appear as for good. nardole and all those children will inevitably die, this was clearly signified. 12 is literally being suicidal at the end of the episode.
>>
>>84607107
>>84607170
I feel that there's a 10% chance it'd work well and a 90% chance it'd go horribly. Part of that 90 is because they'd be doing it in colour.
>>
>>84607340
>except we've seen bill on set in the puddle costume
Interesting, source? Would like a look at this.
>>
>>84607004
>http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Gay_Dads_Organisation
>gay
>dads
Shouldn't those be mutually exclusive?
>>
File: 1385777144980.jpg (31KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1385777144980.jpg
31KB, 250x251px
>>84607345
>the master died
>for good
>>
>>84607382
Hi Chris.
Yes he dead
— Steven
>>
>>84607382
you know everyone can read the comment youre replying to right
>missy died in a way meant to appear as for good.
>appear as for good

dude removing words to change the meaning lmao
>>
New
>>84607419
>>84607419
>>84607419
>>
>>84607432
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
oh copyanon...it's been so long...
>>
>Best Moffat Era companion?
http://strawpoll.me/271102
http://strawpoll.me/271096

>Should polls go fuck themselves?
http://strawpoll.me/271163

>What do you like most about JLC's

>remarkable acting skills?
http://strawpoll.me/271070

>If you could be Steven Moffat then would

you Moffat?
http://strawpoll.me/271041

>Eleventh Doctor fmk
http://strawpoll.me/271031

>Tenth Doctor fmk
http://strawpoll.me/271027

>Ninth Doctor fmk
http://strawpoll.me/271024

>Do you mind not farting while I'm trying

to save the world?
http://strawpoll.me/271017

>Which Doctor has the biggest cock?
http://strawpoll.me/270946
http://strawpoll.me/270944
http://strawpoll.me/270941

>If you could have dinner with one person

dead or alive, who would it be?
http://strawpoll.me/270936

>What would you do if JLC was you gf?
http://strawpoll.me/270924

>What was the most forgettable Who episode?
http://strawpoll.me/270868

>How do you break the news to Rory's

Father?
http://strawpoll.me/270861

>Have you fapped to Jenna Louise Coleman?
http://strawpoll.me/270844

>If a poll allows you to click multiple

options can you resist checking them all?
http://strawpoll.me/270837

>Would you have sex with Clara Oswald?
http://strawpoll.me/270831

>Have you created a Straw Poll yet for this

thread?
http://strawpoll.me/270813

>Are the doctor who fanbase of doctor who

general faggots or not?
http://strawpoll.me/270812

>Doctor Who (Silence has fallen)
http://strawpoll.me/270790

>Doctor Who?
http://strawpoll.me/270778

>How many hours a day do you browse 4chan?
http://strawpoll.me/270771

>Does the Straw Poll font bug you?
http://strawpoll.me/270761

>Better series?
http://strawpoll.me/270759
>>
copyanon...
>>
yes?
>>
>>84607910
it's been a long, long time

long, long time...
>>
>>84607953
actually I'm not the original copyanon
just browsing the archives missing old anons
>>
>>84607432

i don´t wanna go. I won´t go edition?
>>
>>84607990
which anons do you miss?

copy anon had an intriguing mind....would that i could explore it some more.........
>>
>>84608047
Smallfat obviously. Consistant Anon. WhyLive? paint Anon.

Wang
>>
>>84608089
heh....a fellow old timer....my my the things we remember.......when the anons were us....
>>
Iast of the /who/ Iords
>>
Last of the /who/lords
>>
Last of the /who/lords
>>
last
>>
cute
>>
im last
>>
me
>>
>>84605693
Welcome back
>>84605940
:(<3 feel better Edgy!
>>84608354
>>84608406
>>84608448
Can i play?
>>
>>84608538
yes
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.