[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Third party General: Good Night Sweet Prince edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 51

MT Galaxy Meteor got canceled because no one preordered apparently. Continue freaking the fuck out in here.

Old thread >>6487373
>>
File: 1503307813928.jpg (1MB, 1440x2020px) Image search: [Google]
1503307813928.jpg
1MB, 1440x2020px
>>6493054
This whole this sounds like a load a of shit. He was not only ready to go but, a small number were sold at TFnation.
>>
>>6493054
It's not canceled but postponed. Read their Facebook.
>>
>>6493056

Same shit happened with MI Bluster and Trench. BBTS dropped them like a rock after like a day of a small number of preorders. I'm sure some retailer would love to have this as an exclusive, but I can't imagine they could afford the stock that MT would need to produce to make it worthwhile.
>>
So now it's obvious that even if they do release it, they'll never make Galaxy Force MPs again. I ain't gonna buy it as a standalone.
>>
File: 1468520155028.jpg (10KB, 228x257px) Image search: [Google]
1468520155028.jpg
10KB, 228x257px
>>6493057
>It's not canceled but postponed
>clearly says its cancelled in the first sentence.
>>
I still want it badly. Make it to-order like Striker Noir. Gimme that fuckhuge Starscream.
>>
>>6493056
How does something like this get cancelled when when shit like that one not-Sunstreaker doesn't?

I personally think they're trying to increase demand using psychology.
>>
>>6493063
>they'll never make Galaxy Force MPs again
I don't think this figure counts as a MP, no matter how much people like it.
>>
>>6493054
It really was a an odd choice to go with and expect tons of Pre Orders, I guess MakeToys counted on their reputation and early reviews. Guess it's not enough, See you in "ITT toys that killed a line" Galaxy Meteor
>>
>>6493064
>CURRENTLY been cancelled
>>
>>6493069
>How does something like this get cancelled when when shit like that one not-Sunstreaker doesn't?

It's not that hard to get, the Masterpieces are what's hot right now, so the more people have MPs, the more they want to complete their collection, Takara didn't make a Sunstreaker so people wanted him to go with the rest of their MPs. This on the other hand, totally different scale, different serie, quite less popular than G1, no surprise it doesn't sell like hot cakes

>>6493073
there's a fine difference between currently cancelled and postponed anon.
>>
>>6493078
Guess we're stuck with MP standins and fucking dinobots for the rest of time.
>>
>>6493081
That and Combiners. If Takara continues with the ultra toon aesthetic but don't do v.2.0 of their earlier masterpiece, you can be damn sure some third parties will make "Toon accurate MPs" of the early Masterpieces.

I really hope Cross Dimension does well for MakeToys, we need some fresh blood.
>>
>>6493064
Read the whole thing and remember English isn't their primary language. They wouldn't ask you to wait for more informations if it was purely canceled.
>>
>>6493070
Why wouldn't it? It's accurate, "high end" and it's a part of MT's own MP line.
>>
>>6493069
>How does something like this get cancelled when when shit like that one not-Sunstreaker doesn't?
Sunstreaker is G1, this is not. Also Sunstreaker was produced by Keith who owns a (shitty) factory and MT is a really small company using an independant (and expensive) factory.
>>
>>6493095
MT isn't small time anon. They have people who have a grasp of the English language. One of them post on TFW.
>>
>>6493048
Too bad the majority of the fan base doesn't agree with you.
>>
>>6493062
But there was way less interest in those, and that wasn't on Mech Ideas, but they DID end up selling them. So I dunno.
>>
>>6493099
Mostly accurate. They should have turned the arm panels around. Don't know why they didn't.
>>
>>6493136
It really is too bad, making me suddenly realize Hasbro has both MLP and Transformers for a reason. Fanbases aren't that different in their cringey idiocy.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472433850278.jpg (21KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472433850278.jpg
21KB, 480x362px
>Remove articulated hands and maybe the faceplates
>Scale it down so it fits in with the Cross Dimension figures
>Release it in Galaxy Force colors at mas release and GeeWun colors for a con exclusive

There, now people will preorder it. I'd rather that then have these shit-ass designs for Cross-Dimension
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 523x779px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 523x779px
>>6493172
>Clashing Dismembered Dinobot accessories for no reason
>Meaning no Cross Dimension Dinobots
>But two Optimuses

I don't know how much more disappointment I can take.
>>
>>6493154
People liking G1 isn't cringy idiocy, it's just a preference.

You can break it down into all sorts of different fans, plenty of whom ARE cringy idiots, autismos, etc. But not everyone who likes G1 is bad, anon, and G1 itself is perfectly fine.

Hell, I was born in the 90s but I still love G1, and was just watching it again the other day, enjoying it actually MORE than I ever have before.
>>
>mfw I wanted Galaxy Meteor
>but not the kind of person to pre-order things
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY BERSERK.png (244KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY BERSERK.png
244KB, 500x531px
>We eventually get a Cybertron Starscream
>It's by KFC
>>
>>6493172
I don't understand Cross Dimension. Manus and Despotron make sense and give a clear indication of what the line is going for but then all of the new characters they announce seem to go in a completely different direction. I thought the point was to stray from G1 into these super techy bots with anime proportions and aesthetics and make sure they're highly articulated, but then we have Hound who just seems to be regular ol' slightly updated G1 Hound, G1 Ultra Magnus where half of him is a rusted skeleton, and the G1 Seekers where they killed the G1 Dinobots and are wearing them as armor now. I guess they have different wings now but that hardly seems like the same drastic change that Prime and Megs got. I don't get it. What exactly is this line going for? Not to mention, how are these even going to work as toys? Hound makes sense because he's just Hound but Magnus? Half of hims is basically a different figure so how would it transform? And the Seekers just seem like you just remove the pegged on armor, turn them into jets, and then peg the armor back on to give you jets with giant dumb armor awkwardly hanging off. I just don't get what they're going for with any of this.
>>
Does the KO hypothesis have any ground?
>>
>>6493135
MT is like two guys, yes they're super small time.
>>
File: MT_TWW_Starscream.png (663KB, 1537x911px) Image search: [Google]
MT_TWW_Starscream.png
663KB, 1537x911px
>>6492886
>What if they modify it to look like Don Figgy's version? Is the Dreamwave War Within Boner harder than the Galaxy Force one?

Not a bad idea.
>>
File: 1479151093997.jpg (67KB, 348x383px) Image search: [Google]
1479151093997.jpg
67KB, 348x383px
>>6493054
>the city of AECfags
>>
>>6493198
Isn't most of the autobots dead too in this universe ? Ultra Magnus seems to be built with bits and pieces of the fallen Autobots, Jazz, Hound, The Datsun.
>>
According to the Kapow Toys post MT is still looking for a way to make the figure available for those who want it.

If they don't find a way to release it I guess this would make Galaxy Meteor something of a 3P Grail that only exists in review copies and the few dozen that were sold out of TF Nation
>>
File: 1494365522768.png (774KB, 843x639px) Image search: [Google]
1494365522768.png
774KB, 843x639px
>>6493054
maximum overkek
Why couldn't this also happen to their CD line?
Nobody wants that shit
>>
File: striker edge lord.jpg (134KB, 2048x1094px) Image search: [Google]
striker edge lord.jpg
134KB, 2048x1094px
>>6493214
>Nobody wants that shit
>The vast majority of this thread and reviewers fucking shitting themselves over the Striker mold, enjoying Rioter Despotron and anticipating the Thunder mold.

Here's your (You)
>>
>>6493207
>>6493214
Fuck off GEEWUNers. Go masturbate to your poorly drawn Korean boxmen.
>>
I don't pre-order anything.If I had wanted this I guess I'd be out of luck. I did like it, and would have bought it if it were chug scaled, then again since I don't pre-order I'd still be outta luck by their logic.
>>
Just wate, this is all actually some brilliant marketing ploy by maketoys to spike interest in the figure.

Nothing makes an item more desirable than releasing it in a small quantity and then telling everyone else that "sorry, you can't have it"
>>
>>6493235
There's already a twitter hashtag for it.

#GetMakeToysMade
>>
File: 1499911142424.jpg (29KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1499911142424.jpg
29KB, 480x411px
>>6493054
>>6493056
I can think of a couple of scenarios.
1) Rumors of MT retiring were true and they couldn't justify the production for the return. (these companies are side ventures usually in part out of passion and thus opportunity cost is a very real thing for them)
2) MT is slowly transitioning into selling limited run exclusives from their own online store. They have been experimenting with this practice and the sales they have been running last and this month along with the possibility of Galaxy Force toys being online store exclusive after this kerfuffle strongly point to this being probable.

In short, either MT is calling it quits in the near future, or they are scaling back production and selling mostly through their own site.
>>
Congratulations, you played yourselves.
>>
Yeah, one of the best tf of the year got canned, BUT MORE G1 MP STUNTICONS THOUGH
>>
>>
>>6493286
>>6493291
yay
>>
>>
>>6493069

>I personally think they're trying to increase demand using psychology

I mean yeah, they are, but that doesn't make the cancellation "fake" or something. They presumably were about to start full production, looked at their preorder numbers, and said "oh fuck if this sells only the amount that something with this many preorders would normally sell, we're going to lose money" so they decided to cancel it both because it would have made no sense to go through with it and because now they can use the situation to drum up interest and maybe do something like a crowdfund scenario where it's like "we'll make it if [x] people preorder it"

I've heard that things at Maketoys have been getting kind of tight financially lately so this is probably a kind of scenario that in the past they would have shrugged off and that a lot of other 3P companies have at times shrugged off that they just looked at this time and looked at how much money they have and said "fuck that."
>>
>>6493291
I mean, most of this is fine, but those biceps are truly baby's first cad design.
>>
>>6493056
People must have cancelled all their preorders when they noticed the exposed head on some three digit price tag figure.
>>
>>6493054
>>6493054
SO now I have ot convince a reviewer to sell me one
>>
>>6493312
Like I said earlier a small amount was sold at TFnation. You can be sure those will pop up on Ebay and go for 2x the original price.
>>
>>6493054
Thank God. I don't understand why ANY of these companies are bothering with anything that isn't G1
Seriously, how fucking stupid can you be as a company?
>>
>>6493345
Because not all of us want ALL GEEWUN ALL THE TIME.

Sadly the rich chinks that keep 3P companies afloat seem to be completely addicted to G1 (probably because it was all that was shown in China for years on end) so we're beholden to the shit taste of commies basically.
>>
File: 1472852266352.jpg (25KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1472852266352.jpg
25KB, 355x369px
>>6493345
I appreciate the attempt at levity and bait, but now is not the time.
>>
>>6493054
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>6493274
>Rumors of MT retiring were true

You should stop listening to Bobo Skullfuck. If they were really going to retire then teasing shit like Godbomber and God Ginrai with the app for the Cross Dimensional line wouldn't have made any sense. They'd have skipped straight to Thunder Manus instead of wasting people's time with Erebus.
>>
>make a good starscream toy
>but make it mp size
What happened to just making 4 - 6" figures that are good in hand and price and not fuck huge.
>>
>>6493328
Isn't that th eshitty UK con?
>>
File: GeewunPolice.jpg (1MB, 1332x2048px) Image search: [Google]
GeewunPolice.jpg
1MB, 1332x2048px
Okay, what if this is a ploy by Maketoys to loosen G1's grip on the market? Think about it, Maketoys loves non-G1 and original aesthetics. So they produce and withold an amazing figure, get the community behind it, and signal to other companies that there is a market for non-G1 toys if done well.

Can you guys see it? A future where Armada Sideways, Energon Jetfire, and Sky-Byte get the toys that they deserve.
>>
>>6493298
I don't get why they didn't say pre-orders would be a factor in the production ahead of time.
>>
>>6493385
Aaron Archer no one gives a shit about Unicron Trilogy.
>>
>>6493393
It is. Likely it's all a bunch of BS made to drum up more attention. I think at this stage, it's too late for them to cancel.
>>
>>6493353
And you know what? I'm happy for them because I grew up with G1 and didn't care for anything that came after. Not even Beast Wars because the entire time it ran I wanted the old robots back and thought the 3D animation looked like garbage.
>>
>>6493395
Go back to jizzing over your shit tier waifu, Kobayashi
>>
>>6493385
What's with the Judge Dredd bot?
>>
>>6493410
I'm not the one begging the fandom for cash after getting axed from Hasbro. Better not tell Messrs Goldner and Warden you were moonlighting for 3Ps.
>>
W H E N
>>
>>6493395
I do. I'll get my MP Armada Prime someday fucker.
>>
File: 1501724193253.jpg (64KB, 357x386px) Image search: [Google]
1501724193253.jpg
64KB, 357x386px
>>6493395
>one gives a shit about Unicron Trilogy
Mircron Legend was decent and Galaxy Force was excellent. Back to watching bayformers you tasteless swine!
>>
>>6493477
They were already released I thought
>>
>>6493306
They should've made it three times too small like they did with Meteor.
>>
>>6493477
>>6493494
Tarn is out, the Megatron got pushed back to the end of September. I suspect the Aero Alpha that was supposed to come out in September will be pushed back to late November now too.
>>
You gotta be shitting me, I was hype for months, I even preordered
>>
>>6493286
Isn't rising force that company making that dumb looking megatron?

Still, as long as we don't have a good one yet I'll welcome G1 stunticons
>>
>>6493353
3P aren't addicted to anything but money. They're making what sells more which is G1.
>>
>>6493054
>>6492844
>company tries to make non-G1 figure
>gets fucking D E N I E D

Goddamnit I'm just laughing too hard. We keep telling you people only G1 matters, well, here it is. Now you'll believe us when we tell you only G1 matters.

However, that said, it is a shame the figure isn't going to be made. It did look really good. Too bad they didn't blow their wad on the actual Starscream, instead of this Not-Starscream from a universally reviled series.
>>
>>6493647
All I believe is that the TF fandom has shit taste and deserves nothing. If we can't get non-G1 3P stuff then we might as well burn it all to the ground.
>>
>>6493678

Iron Factory and MMC.
>>
>>6493678
Seconded. I'm really tempering my expenditure on Transformers this past year. With MPs and 3Ps going full retard on cartoon accuracy, I don't think I'll have any problem putting a cap on my collection. It'll save me a lot of money.
>>
>>6493682
IDW is still G1 though.
>>
>>6493647
Not trying to start anything but you know other stuff does sell? Its just very hit or miss, like look at mmc's DJD line, the first one is on its 4th reissue not even counting the con exclusive 2 runs in alt colors. And their Tarn is on its 3rd reissue and STILL selling out, for awhile they were even begging people to be patient on that one because they actually couldn't produce him fast enough.
>>
File: One of these toys is well made.png (1003KB, 1021x839px) Image search: [Google]
One of these toys is well made.png
1003KB, 1021x839px
MP Megatron reissue preorder or Gcreations FUUMA or whatever the fuck they're calling this thing. Assume that GcCreations product is solid because if it's anything like their prime there's obviously no competition.
>>
File: dw_ww_preview.jpg (83KB, 350x531px) Image search: [Google]
dw_ww_preview.jpg
83KB, 350x531px
>>6493647
>Too bad they didn't blow their wad on the actual Starscream, instead of this Not-Starscream from a universally reviled series.

For fuck's sake, Cybertron starscream was based off a G1 Starscream design, from War Within.

An no, Cybertron isn't universally reviled, it's held in apathy at worst. I know you didn't collect until Michael Bay started making movies, but the toys were well liked at the time and the series was solid if not extraordinary.
>>
>>6493697
>Assume that GcCreations product is solid because if it's anything like their prime there's obviously no competition.

But GC's Prime was a fragile piece of shit. GT's Prime was the solid one.
>>
>>6493683
The real shame of it is that 2016/17 have brought this really interesting explosion of interesting ideas, but slowly that'll probably recede into a wave of G1 MP style figures.
>>
>>6493700

I bought Starscream solely because he is huge. His vehicle mode is pretty awesome.

If someone ever makes replacement hands... but that will never happen.
>>
>>6493709
I didn't phrase that well. I meant to say;

"If the GCreations product is solid, unlike the prime that they made, should I get him (Fuuma) or the MP 36 reissue?"
>>
>>6493714

I'd skip Megs altogether. I think Despotron looks much better, and also costs a shitton less. So my recommendation would be to hold off for reviews on the GC Sixshot, and maybe think about Despotron in the meantime.
>>
>>6493727
I already own despotron. I just love the megatron design. I would never even transform him due to paint fuckery.
>>
>>6493054
This is good vindication for those people arguing why 3Ps only do G1.
>>
>>6493857
But it really isn't when Perfect Effect's even more niche Gorira is getting a repaint. The much more clear reasoning as to why this is getting cancelled is that they were releasing it too close to Howling Meteor and thus breaking up the starscream/Seeker fan budget up. Had this gotten released before the HM announcement, it'd probably have done well.

I mean, maybe PE isn't the best example since they go their own way, but Optimal Optimus and TM2 Megatron are way more niche than what's basically just a cybertronian Starscream. And even before then PE managed to sell a Lio Convoy that barely looked like Lio Convoy.
>>
Every time I see people post about buying an MP36 with the intention of never transforming it I think I die a little more inside each time
>>
>>6493888
Well fuck me, I'm so deep into a toon-style G1 collection and no other company is really doing a toon-style Megatron in that scale so what else do you expect me to do?Look despotron is cool and all, but I can't hear welker's voice coming out of it as precisely as MP-36.
>>
>>6493200
Yes-Model is evil.

They are KOing quite a few Maketoys items.
>>
>>6493885
>more niche

BW is far more popular than AEC ever was and it's still a part of G1.
>>
>>6493888
Especially since his transformation is the new high watermark. His qc issues have been massively overstated anyways.
>>
>>6493857
>this is good vindication for those people arguing that TF collectors have unanimously shit taste

>>6493888
Takara should just make non-transforming figures if they're going to lean so hard on cartoon accuracy. I hear so many MP collectors staunchly proclaiming that they only display their MPs in bot mode and never transform them, anyway.
>>
>>6493904
>They are KOing quite a few Maketoys items.

Which ones?
>>
Is doing KOs of 3rd party TF considered acceptable?

Why/Why not?
>>
>>6493907
In the US fandom yeah, but overall not really. UT had higher sales than Beast Wars did, and it being close to G1 as far as aesthetics should make it an easier sell.
>>
>>6493899
I don't blame you for wanting the product at all, I blame Takara for creating a figure that's over-engineered to the point that people are disinterested in its primary gimmick, while still heavily compromising its aesthetics as a figure to have said gimmick.

They might as well have just made a non-transforming Megatron. It would have looked better and been cheaper. If you told everyone that MP36's transformation is what they'll miss out on, then hardly anyone would have even cared.
>>
>>6493899
>but I can't hear welker's voice coming out of it as precisely as MP-36
Wow, that's kinda lame. I mean, your opinion and all, but I feel like that's a terrible way to filter your toy intake.

Besides, Corey Burton is best Megatron, anyway.
>>
>>6493909
>Paint shedding
>Overstated
>That panel clusterfuck transformation that was beaten out by the bootleg 3p MT 140 USD megs
>On a 200+ USD release

lmao desu senpai
>>
>>6493918
UT was 3 lines. BW was 1 line. Also the UT designs are fucking trash and don't have nearly as much of a nostalgia factor as BW unless you're just underage.
>>
Welp, I just panicked and preordered Galaxy Meteor from BBTS since it was still listed (early this morning it said "preorders sold out"). We'll see what happens, I completely love this design but was waffling because I'd prefer classics scale to MP.
>>
>>6493986
I don't always buy figures based off fiction; in fact my favorite figure of all time is based off an anime I've barely watched and really have no interest in completing. But I don't get how you can't see the appeal in buying something that manages to be so close to the source material a person is attached to; it gives a figure a whole other layer of appreciation.

And yeah, I actually do prefer Burton's Megatron, but that's beside the point. I also bought MP Laserwave and Quakeblast because while I think WB is the cooler toy, Laserwave felt more like the character.
>>
>>6493911
That's a shame, his transformation is a fucking delight once you wrap your head around it. The only issue is paint chipping for the ham hands.
>>
>>6493918
sales=/=popularity
>>
G1 is the ONLY thing that matters, everything else is garbage
You dumb little kids that were born after '92 need to wait your damn turns for your crappy preferred era to come into fashion and shut the fuck up
>>
>>6493073
>currently cancelled

What the fuck do you think they mean, retard? Cancelled is cancelled.
>>
>>6494011
>Ham hands causing paint chips
>Not part collision
>His transformation isn't a shitfest

MEGATRON IS FLAWLESS TAKARA CAN DO NO WRONG NO THOSE WIDESPREAD REPORTED PROBLEMS ARE FAKE NEWS PLEASE BUY HIM TO SUPPORT TAKARA IT'S ALL USE ERROR DON'T ASK QUESTIONS BUY BUY BUY

Jesus fuck dude. I bought the damn thing but it doesn't force you to shill for it.
>>
>>6493054
>new thread
>image macro has cancelled spell wrong

dumbass
>>
>>6493912

Chromedome, Hardhead and Pointblank. They're also making OS KO of their Protectobots
>>
>>6494011
>his transformation is a fucking delight once you wrap your head around it.
Eh. A few years ago I would have been into that, but looking at videos it just seems too much. I've really come to appreciate a simple and effective transformation
>>
>>6494023
This fucking thread won' give any quarter what-so-ever to any aspect of MP-36 being good whatsoever, will it? This thread has become Thew's whole 3P fanboy imitation from way back.
>>
>>6494066
No you silly Takaracuck. MP 36 is good and is the most articulate and most accurate megatron to date. He has all the 'that one thing from that one episode' accessories and manages to have the most accurate gun mode too! These are all great qualities.

What's NOT happening in this thread is shilling and takara always wins dick sucking zombie brandfags droning about mp 36 is flawless high art. He is very flawed for his price and has major issues that wise customers should consider before making an educated choice.
>>
>>6493989
> Literally two panels.
> Panel clusterfuck.

Whatever you say hoss.
>>
File: mp36-megatron-14.jpg (219KB, 1024x632px) Image search: [Google]
mp36-megatron-14.jpg
219KB, 1024x632px
>>6494073
Your definition of a panel must be extremely exclusive.
>>
>>6494073
>Those flank pieces sliding over his fake chest as if intentionally designed to shear the paint right off.
>The arms basically being just panels instead of cohesive chunks
>Zero room for fuckup on his head cavity that's again a scratch magnet
>Scary hip transformation that requires to loosen screws
>Needing to fucking disassemble the silence and sand shit down to get the barrel extension to not fuck up your toy
>Die cast and painted feet that spins during transformation to grind paint into dust

NOTHING TO SEE HERE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN HAMHANDS
>>
>>6494066

I like the look of it and really dig the ab crunch but I like to transform my stuff without it shedding paint. Given the cost I'd rather throw my money at other things. I don't care for any of the other MP third party Megs either.
>>
>>6494072
but jesus fuck we're not saying that, we're just saying that it looks a lot like the cartoon Megatron and is not as loaded with issues as people make it seem. And really the price is about par for the course with official Japanese collectibles at this point.
>>
>not as loaded with issues as people make it seem

There's way too many vids, blogs, pics, and reviews to claim with any credibility that megatron doesn't have many issues.

Also inferno has a shitload of accessories and is nearly 100 USD cheaper.

I'm not anti-shilling. Again, I bought him because he looks like a fun action figure and I spend 200+ USD on action figures all the time. But I can't recommend him for that price with the issues he has.
>>
File: 20170821_182002.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_182002.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
And blow the real reason I bought all those IF figures. Moving into a new space with kickass in wall shelving was great for my collection but having to get a smaller desk for the space meant i wouldn't be able to use mossy of those figures a desk toys (all of my mp and 3p stuff used to be displayed on my old desk, good guys on one side and bad on the other). These IF guys are perfect for a small desk display though.

Or at least that's what I tell myself to justify dropping over 300 on legends sized figures.
>>
>>6494107
And now*
Use most*
As*

I fucking hate posting from mobile.
>>
Just release G1 cartoon accurate toys that are forever stuck in robot form
Why isn't anyone doing this?
I want it, I want accurate representations of the cartoon/movie bots with 2017 era articulation
PLEASE
They will still sell and you don't have to waste time on figuring out pointless transformation gimmicks
The damn transformation gimmicks always turn out in certain things looking like ass
JUST STICK TO CARTOON ACCURATE ROBOT MODES
>>
>>6494107

totally off topic, but I gotta know the story behind that award.
>>
>>6494116
Because people will bitch about them not transforming.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503365770877.jpg (123KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503365770877.jpg
123KB, 1200x1600px
>>6494118
not much to tell, really. Dressed head to toe in black for Portland's first Wizard World as DONUT STEELE and had good stage presence. First place went to a kickass Galactus with a little silver surfer figure orbiting him but the rest of the contest was kind of rigged since half the finalists were friends with one of the judges and were doing done syfy reality show. Honestly I'm just surprised how well the blacks matched the morph suit considering everything else came out of my closet.

The trophy is fucking great for holding my laptop power cord when i unplug it so it doesn't fall behind the desk.

Also they misspelled villain which is hilarious.
>>
>>6493915

I'd say no. The point where KO's kills future designs from 3P companies is much easier to hit than a KO of HasTak.
>>
>>6493054
The few prototypes that will be found in the wild will be worth a freaking fortune I bet.
>>
>>6494116
Those were done at the very end of G1. they are called Action Masters.

A cheaper and bigger alternative are the Hero Mashers.
>>
>>6494084
>All that visible paint chipping
>toon animation symbol
>all those lines
>the uneven edges
>again.. all that chipping
Disgusting...
>>
File: P1040974.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1040974.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Look who came in the mail today!
>>
>>6493915
I get that they hurt 3Ps but honestly I don't care. I'm not a moralist who will try and justify my reasons one way or another, if you can get me a toy at a cheaper price with the same quality I will get it.
>>
>>6494145
>Actionmasters
>show accurate
>>
>>6494126
anon your costume looks cool as balls, and this is coming from a /cgl/ regular
>>
File: 20170728_221607.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_221607.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>6494159
Thanks. This year I'm seeing if I can turn a 5-gallon water jug into a passable imitation of the pioneer 9 satellite to be worn on the head.

Because football.

But enough about that, the Queen in Pink demands sacrifice.
>>
>>6494156
This, idiot anon just wanted his chance to say something but unfortunately for him shits the bed with his chance
>>
>>6494116
Because I want toys that transform.

Though maybe Maketoys should do it because people still lap up that cross dimension shit even though the alt modes are god fucking awful.
>>
>>6494025
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/canceled-vs-cancelled/

dumbass
>>
>>6493918
>UT had higher sales than Beast Wars did

You can attribute that to expansion of the international market. But the failure of Galaxy Meteor really shows that UT wasn't able to stand the test of time. Sure it had some great toys and a few stand out characters, but that can't compare to the devotion of the G1, BW, RID and even Movie fandoms.
>>
>>6493915
Hello Benscollectables!
I noticed that you briefly brought up disliking 3P KOs in your sirtoys unboxing video today.
Jokes aside
It has to be the most hypocritical toy related thing to hate 3p KOs, but then like HasTak stuff being KO'd.
You either like both types KOs or you don't like KOs at all. It's brand favoritism otherwise.
>>
>>6494107
>Wizard World

...Did you live in Nanuet NY?
>>
>>6494258
Wizard World is nationwide, anon. Practically every major city has one and most of them are shit
>>
>>6494152
>will be forced to buy this when I have money

Fuck. You also have Menace too and are doing what I was gonna do, get out of my head Anon.
>>
>>6494262

Ah, really? I knew there was one down there. Kind of expensive. Had no idea they were a franchise.
>>
>>6494152
I might get him and none of the team

hes jsut cool
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQs2UG8ODA

Cool.
>>
>>6493915
I don't get how people can think that 3P and KO are the same thing. 3P does infringe on HasTak's intellectual property, but most of the time they're creating something that appeals to a different niche of audience (higher quality/price, different aesthetic, etc). I remember hearing that Hasbro isn't going after 3P companies because their sales aren't impacted enough to be worth the effort since they cater to a different demographic. 3P will keep making shit regardless of what HasTak does; they're following G1 atm because that's where the money is.
KOs are a parasite; they can't survive without someone else sinking money into making designs for them to steal, but at the same time their entire business model revolves around stealing sales from other companies, which eventually put them out of business. Anyone supporting KO companies are actively hurting the hobby as a whole, whether they admit it or not.
>>
>>6493099
>It's accurate
It's not, though. Compare it to the show and toy designs.
>>
>>6494307
>I don't get how people can think that 3P and KO are the same thing.
You are quoting my post like I said that.I never did. I wanted to see people's standpoints on the differences and similarities.
That said, I disagree with you. You sound like a 3P apologist, when they are just barely a step up from KO morally, in my mind.
3P would be nothing without an original IP to shamelessly steal, just the same as KO.
>>
>>6494311
Oh yeah, sorry, I was referring to one of the other replies suggesting that 3P and KO are the same thing. I should have been more specific.

I'm not denying that 3P hurts mainstream sales, but KO are in a completely different ballpark because their entire business model revolves around profiting from other people's work and undercutting them out of business.

3P steals intellectual property, which I'm not defending, but for the most part they come up with their own engineering, aesthetic and/or quality-price balance. I have no guilt buying a $600 3P combiner over a $150 combiner wars kids play set because, even if the share the same general aesthetic, they're different products aimed at different audience.
There is a spectrum and I personally don't buy anything that looks like it's directly trying to rip off an existing Hasbro product, but I disagree with the idea that 3P and KO are the same.
>>
>>6493207
I love G1 but actual Geewunners like you are cancer.
>>
>>6494020
It means it won't be canceled anymore in a few weeks, months. Retard.
>>
>>6494309
It really is though. If you don't think this is as accurate as the rest of the MPs, you have autism issues.
>>
>>6494107
And then that's not taking into account the 200 bones to drop for Bruticus, right?
>>
>>6494116
Robot Damashii Transformers A.N.I.M.E when ?

Don't speak too loud about it tho, you might wake up the anon who can't comprehend non transforming Transformers toys.
>>
>>6494347
What about KO companies like WeiJiang, sure they steal their design but to say that their movie Prime is just a simple copy of the original toy is a false statement. With their version they cater to a whole new niche of people not dissimilar to 3p companies.

But then you have Takasa Tony who is just copying the original product without any changes, effectively aiming at the same market as the original toy. But sometimes it's hard to even throw them off because they sometimes put out similar or better quality than the original products who costs twice as much. It's morally wrong to buy KO but in an hobby as expensive as this one...why would you buy an inferior or equal products for twice the price ? Except to support the line of course.

I find all of this so interesting, really.
>>
>>6494269
the whole set is really solid anon. Don't cheat yourself with just getting 1. Thousandkills is easily the best and most fun, but they are all great.
>>
>>6494393
S-shut up. I'm trying to cut back and I already have stuff lined up each month from now into November.

Thunder Erebus
Figma Corrin
Figma Samus (Prime 3 ver)
Diaclone BIG POWER because the Diaclone reboot is fucking incredible even if it is overpriced.

And that's not even taking into consideration whether or not Galaxy Meteor gets an eventual release with all the hubub around him.
>>
>>6494405
I don't consider adding improvements to be justification for stealing the base mould to begin with. They can only afford to add the improvements because they don't have to pay someone for the first half (or more) of the design process.
KOs are really good for the consumer because they can pump out better products for less, but they can only do that by piggybacking one someone else's work. Instead of passing the cost of the mould on to the consumer like a regular manufacturer, they're effectively forcing the other company to pay for the mould but denying them the sales to recoup the cost of producing it. Disregarding immoral, that business practice is unsustainable for the industry.

That's the difference between niche filling and KO - if someone developed an original movie Prime on their own that was superior to the original, I'd expect it to cost an appropriate amount of money. If it doesn't, chances are the design was partially stolen.
>>
>>6494425
I have ~$900 in PP credit debt at the moment (no interest if paid within 6 months on purchases of $100 or more), which I'm getting to paying down. I just got MT Yellow Giant from TFS, and now I feel the need to bite down and get Quantron from MT themselves. My life is full of plastic now.

Anyone want to buy my slightly broken MP-01?
>>
>>6494432
Mine is currently at $1,106.40 and I haven't had a 0 balance since April of last year.

I just keep fucking buying shit.
>>
>>6493054
>>6493056
As someone who did work for a 3P company in the past, I can guarantee you that it WILL be released. What you have to realize is that the actual production of a figure like this costs way less than what they already paid for tooling and r&d. They already put way too much money in it to simply cancel the whole thing now. MT will sell it as a web exclusive, crowd funding item or they'll sell the molds to another company, probably a good KO company. I bet we'll get an MT announcement or some inside informations about a KO from Weibo or something in the next two months.

I actually don't know whether or not the low number of preorders is true but what I do know is that if they really had to cancel the regular retail release because of it, the number of preorders must have been really super low. Like sub 150~200.
>>
File: c17.png (36KB, 642x539px) Image search: [Google]
c17.png
36KB, 642x539px
>>6494436
Oh yeah, I also need to get Thousandkills to make this massiveness that is Poseidon finished.

Weighing in on the KO issue, I own 2. One is Yes Model's Data Clerk (and I've put consideration into Stubbom Buffet, though I'm not sure now since they seem to have a hate boner out for MT now), the other is NBK-01 (GT Devy, which I got when eBay scammed trying to order BadCube Wardog). I may end up completing that combiner, because as far as I can see aside from vehicle appearance it shares about nothing in common. Though I need to depend on Ben and/or Bots and Bits to get the lowdown about the various releases (there's currently 1 leg & 2 arms so it's hard to say how this is going to go).
>>
>>6494087
Since non-hamhanding definitely isn't a part of the issue, would you care to explain how some people manage to transform it without scratching anything?

In all honesty, I own the figure and while I like it for being the best looking Meg (and also the only good looking G1 Meg ever) I can't deny it has some issues that should never happen, especially for that price, but your blown out of proportions rant full of bullshit is just ridiculous. Any figure will sound shitty if you lie about it.

You've become way more subjective and definitely worse than all the brand loyalists you like to rant about so much.
>>
Megatron and Devastator are the 3A Starscream of 3P threads.
>>
>>6494427
So what is stopping HasTak from killing these KO companies if they risk hurting their sales ? Weijiang has even been present at some con, they're operating right in the open.

>I don't consider adding improvements to be justification for stealing the base mould to begin with.

There is a clear distinction between mold theft and IP theft but it's still stealing. Third Party Companies are still stealing from Hasbro and Takara but they're not stealing something "physical" they are stealing design that have been paid for, from characters that have been made popular by writers and artists. They don't outright steal molds and they do their own engineering but this engineering is based most of the time on something that exists and that was designed by someone.

Third Party companies don't have to pay for any licensing but the G1 Masterpieces' alt mode sure do look like official Lamborghinis, Porsches, etc... They don't pay royalties to HasTak either. They're not "passing the cost of licensing and royalties on to the consumer" in this case, leaving Hasbro and Takara to pay for these.

In recent years the cost of official Masterpiece has spiked up and you see more and more people choosing 3p alternatives because they're cheaper, right in this thread an anon was arguing that Despotron was worth it more than the official MP. Isn't that hurting sales aswell ? How many people will keep their badcube Sunstreaker because the official one is more expansive ?
>>
>>6494474
>How many people will keep their badcube Sunstreaker because the official one is more expansive ?

don't forget it looks like a clusterfuck of panels and because of that may very well have the same fragility, complexity, and paint chipping issues at the joints that MP-36 has.
>>
>>6494474
>So what is stopping HasTak from killing these KO companies if they risk hurting their sales ? Weijiang has even been present at some con, they're operating right in the open.

China doesn't care about copyright laws from other nations and likes to protect its own, primarily.

The rest of your statement is ripe for discussion.
>>
>>6494427
I honestly think Hasbro is just as much to blame for the situation though. During the late 2000's, Hasbro was giving us $12 deluxes with more complex engineering, higher quality plastics, far better QC, and better paint jobs. Near the tail end of that, the oil prices went up and so did Hasbro's prices. However, the quality didn't suffer. We were still getting the same great figures but now we were paying $16+ for a deluxe. We didn't complain though because the reasons were justified and we were still getting our money's worth. I can't recall exactly when it happened (I think it was around the TFP:RiD line) but sometime after 2010, Hasbro announced they were changing their focus to less complex engineering and simpler transformations to better appeal to children. That it meant fewer parts counts, less plastic used, and we started to see fewer paint apps as well but the issue here is that the price remained the same despite the costs of production being less. Adding insult to injury was the fact that the oil prices began to drop again but Hasbro STILL refused to lower the prices. Fast forward to Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and RiD and Hasbro quality had absolutely tanked. Plastics used and QC are as cheap and poor as the dollar store KOs, engineering is about as complex as a modern Legends class figure across ALL size classes, which is especially jarring when you have voyager and leader figures coming with giant hollow portions and holes where fists flip out with nothing to cover them despite how simple it would have been and now they're taking it further by replacing paint apps and decals with stickers. And despite all of these cost cutting measures, prices have only gone UP. It's hard for me to feel that guilty when Hasbro is ripping me off while KOs are giving me better quality for less or at least the same cost. Hasbro drove us to these KOs and now prices are rising because of it. It has become a snake eating its own tail.
>>
>>6494247
Hi!
I should mention I brought up my dislike for third party ko's while unboxing said 3rd party ko's which were bought and paid for.
I like to be a principled person but I just can't help myself.
>>
>>6494474
>So what is stopping HasTak from killing these KO companies if they risk hurting their sales?

The fact it is basically impossible for anyone short of Disney or Microsoft to prosecute these guys and keep them down. You need endless fountains of money to even try and pin them down, and another money mine just to even try to keep them out of business after you finally pin them down, because they can literally just change the sign on their business and start up the next day after being shut down.

tl;dr It is simply beyond most anyones ability to actually stop 3P and/or KO shit in China because their laws regarding IP are virtually nonexistant.
>>
>>6494488
>>6494483
This pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>6494483
In Hasbro's defense they still deliver on a gem or two each wave.

Back in TFP:RiD we got the amazing Vehicon whose whole damn care mode folds up into his legs like fucking magic. A short time later we got Generations Springer, considered by a great many to be the definitive Springer toy and one of the best official triple changers ever. We also got updates to Rattrap and Rhinox that people have been wanting for years.

Combiner Wars gave us a decent IDW Ultra Magnus at an affordable price.

Titan's Return has several good voyagers (ignoring stickers), a great retool of the Magnus into PMOP, a Six Shot, an Overlord and even a couple of genuinely good deluxes in Triggerhappy and Topspin. Even Bayshit has a few gems like AoE Scorn and TLK voyager megs.

I personally am all for having a few great figures among many mediocre ones rather than an overabundance of decent ones. Easier on the wallet too.

Of course these are all figures that I play with for a while and then put away in their drawer. The only stuff I keep out on display is 3p and mp.
>>
>>6494488

And just to add, I do not care about anyones claims to IP or KO or whatever the fuck. I'll buy what I like as long as I can legally buy it. All sorts of stores sell them here with no problem. I have shelves of official, 3P, and a few KO's mixed in that were of good quality and not shit that will fall apart in 2 seconds like, say, figma KO's.

>>6494494
>In Hasbro's defense they still deliver on a gem or two each wave.

The Deluxes and Legends are honestly usually pretty good. It's the Voyagers and up that seem to have gotten the shaft pretty hard. And at this point it's pretty clear it's just the higher ups demanding sacrifices. They want more and want to give less. It's all pure fucking greed.
>>
>>6494498
I'd argue that out of Titan's Return there are several good voyager molds.

Astrotrain
Blitzwing
Octone

Really makes it a shame when they half ass stuff like Galvatron and Broadside.

However I am sick of pretool bullshit.
>>
>>6494502

Yeah, I enjoy Astro, have yet to get ahold of Blitz and Octane though. Galvatron was a total fuckup though, and I like Broadside if only because of his carrier mode, which is something REALLY rare among TF's.

Still won't stop me from buying a good 3P Blitzwing whenever one gets made, or similar. I can enjoy both the cheap pieces and the expensive, and for different reasons.
>>
>>6494502
>think FansProject's Broadside is a complete fuck up
>wait years for Hasbro Broadside
>it's a complete fuck up too
>concede defeat with Takara Broadside because at least the wings and gun aren't made of clear plastic and there's no stickers everywhere

Being a Broadside fan is suffering.
>>
>>6493990
>unless you're just underage
Anon Armada was 14 years ago, kids around the age group the show was aimed at will be around 20+ now.
That's more than long enough to get nostalgiac about those designs.
>>
>>6494511

Just wait for someone else to get it done, man. It'll happen. Shit, we got MP-esque Monsterbots and everything.
>>
>>6493286
>>6493291
>>6493296
Meh.
>>
>>6493400
>thought the 3D animation looked like garbage.
For the time, it was pretty damn good. You're a terrible liar, anon.
>>
>>6493379
>"it's shitty because it's not American!"
t. Amerifat

The rest of the world is allowed Transformers conventions, anon. Don't be jealous because the UK had an exclusive you wanted and missed out on.
>>
>>6493375
I don't get why people want a Voyager Cybertron Starscream though. That toy ALREADY EXISTS.
>>
>>6493374
>app for the Cross Dimensional line
>tfw the app isn't available in your country for no good reason
>>
>>6493425
Aaron Archer's a cool guy though, so fuck off, anon.
>>
ITT: Butthurt Geewunners vs. butthurt Unicron Trilogy fans.

Fuck me, I grew up with RID and love both G1 and the Unicron Trilogy. Y'all are fucking cancer. Enjoy both, you fuckwits.
>>
>>6494107
Oh fuck, you're from TFW. Hi anon whose username I already forgot.
>>
>>6494388
That's not the point. It's not about being as accurate as other MPs. It's about Cybertron being designed to be pretty much 1:1 with the toys and Galaxy Meteor not being 1:1 (his gauntlets are around the wrong way and he has no vents on his head).

Don't get me wrong, I love Galaxy Meteor, but 100% accurate it is not.
>>
>>6494581
Do you think this could have been a problem if it had been a 100% 1:1 representation of the character in the show ?

I don't think it would be but I don't know if there is some legal issues with releasing a product that is the exact copy of a character (whereas most 3p figures falls into the "it looks close enough to X" )
>>
>>6494582
I don't think it would have made a difference either way. There are no legal issues that would exist which don't already exist, and very few people would not buy it because of the two aforementioned inaccuracies, so it seems odd to me that they didn't just make it completely accurate (especially the gauntlets which literally just need to be rotated and have the paint swapped sides).
>>
>>6494584
Then that is a very weird "oversight" yeah. I have to admit I kinda dig the gauntlets the way they are on Galaxy Meteor but I am not familiar with the original design so I understand how being so close to perfection can be quite frustrating.
>>
>>6494573
It didn't look better back then than today. The show is still the same, YOU changed, so no, he's not a liar, animation in Beast Wars IS terrible.
>>
>>6494581
Yes, it is about being on par with other MP since the whole discussion is about whether or not it is an MP. No toy ever is 100% accurate, stop arguing about semantics.
>>
>>6494589
Quality of animation is a variety of factors. The visuals of BW may not be great, but the actual character animation is still solid. It was jarring how much more expressive the BW characters were compared to the Energon/Cybertron designs from years later. Even now that aspect is still decent
>>
>>6494589
You misunderstand, anon. For the time, the animation was great. However, our standards have changed and technology has improved, so it hasn't aged well. But FOR THE TIME it was quite advanced.

I'm not saying it looked better back then but that it was impressive at the time because there was little better (on TV, anyway - no, I'm not forgetting about Pixar, but they had a far bigger budget and made movies instead).
>>
>>6494591
I'm not arguing semantics, retard. I clearly stated that this is a design that was designed to be a toy and COULD be 100% accurate if they wanted it to be but it isn't because they decided to tweak the design for whatever reason.

To say that its inaccuracies means it has parity with other MPs is bizarre because you're talking about G1, Beast Wars and now Movie designs, all of which take a lot of liberties and cheat a lot for the transformations to work. Meanwhile, almost every Cybertron design was designed to work as a toy pretty much 1:1 and vice-versa, so I really don't know what you're arguing about here because you're just wrong.
>>
>>6494596
And, I should add, I'm not saying I don't think Galaxy Meteor doesn't count as a Masterpiece-alike because of a few inaccuracies, but simply that, because of the design, it can much closer adhere to the original design than a lot of other Masterpieces, based off of designs which cheat their transformations, can.
>>
>>6494592
It can't be STILL solid, either it's solid or it's not. It won't change no matter when you watch it. It was shit back in the days and it'll always be shit. Even if nobody else was able to make something better today, or even 10 years in the future, won't change the fact BW animation as a whole is terrible.
>>
>>6494593
I didn't misundertand at all. Some guy said it looked terrible, another one said he was a liar because it was good. Even if he meant that it was good FOR THE TIME doesn't change anything. Believe it or not, some people are able to tell if something looks like shit even if they never saw a better looking version first.
>>
>>6494596
Nobody cares about your personnal definition of masterpiece nor how you think Starscream model was created. Galaxy Meteor is an accurate MP with no more "liberties" taken than any other MP which makes it an MP like all the other ones.
>>
File: greatly exaggerated.png (189KB, 456x519px) Image search: [Google]
greatly exaggerated.png
189KB, 456x519px
HE LIVES
>>
>>6494653
Nothing keeps Starscream dead for long.
>>
>>6493069
>>6493078
>>6493104
Well, that and the Voyager Takara (or Sonokong) toy is already pretty accurate. Yes, I know he has stumpy forearms and non-articulated hands, but otherwise it's pretty screen accurate. For the most part, if you have that, then it's close enough. Especially for whatever price was paid for 'em. It's supply and demand, and the demand was already met in the original official release.
>>
>>6494593
When the show first ran, and I was a kid, I thought it looked terrible, because it did look terrible.
>>
>>6494727
Does it really matter ? In the end even if it was a marketing technique if Galaxy Meteor is released and sells well, this might open more doors to future non G1 3p. Well as long as this kind of practice aren't use often. People will quickly catch upon this.
>>
>>6494738
What are you even talking about? There are tons of non G1 3P figures already. And if the whole low po thing is true, even if they manage to sell their remaining stock thanks to this "fake cancelation", you can be sure MT won't be stupid enough to make more GF figures.

tl;dr: whatever the outcome is, this will be the only GF figure MT will ever make.
>>
File: Scream laughs at the stupidity.gif (499KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Scream laughs at the stupidity.gif
499KB, 400x225px
>>6494673
>>
Are there any good legends-sized Soundwave figures?
>>
>>6494998
Probably the best one currently available is Hot Soldiers Soundtrack.
>>
>>6494998
>Iron Factory
kind of lame alt mode and one of IF's earliest releases so it's not as good and it's only sold in a set with their Perceptor. But it comes with a really cool Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, and Ravage.

>The Hot Solders
bigger than most legends and no upper arm rotation, but it's turns into a cassette player and looks very much like a classic Soundwave, plus he has a tiny cassette Laserbeak.
>>
>>6494494
>Back in TFP:RiD we got the amazing Vehicon whose whole damn care mode folds up into his legs like fucking magic. A short time later we got Generations Springer, considered by a great many to be the definitive Springer toy and one of the best official triple changers ever. We also got updates to Rattrap and Rhinox that people have been wanting for years.
Like I said, this about when the announcement came in and where we were starting to see it in small amounts. Nothing huge but it was starting to trickle. It wasn't until CW and Age of Extinction that it hit full force.

>Combiner Wars gave us a decent IDW Ultra Magnus at an affordable price.
>Titan's Return has several good voyagers (ignoring stickers), a great retool of the Magnus into PMOP, a Six Shot, an Overlord and even a couple of genuinely good deluxes in Triggerhappy and Topspin. Even Bayshit has a few gems like AoE Scorn and TLK voyager megs.
But like I said, many of them still suffer from horrible QC, cheap plastic, stickers, and big exposed hollow gaps, even among the gems you listed. Sixshot is especially guilty of these issues with floppy joints and most of his modes not having any real place for his arms to go or lock into and Ultra Magnus/PMOP are full of visible hollow chunks and thin plastic. Imagine if these figures had come out before the downgrades and how much better they could be with a few more parts to give better articulation, cleaner transformations, and hide the big gaps. Triggerhappy and Topspin seem like the closest indication of things improving but the rest of the line is still pretty littered with junk. The only figures that don't really seem to have taken a hit are the Legends class guys who have all been consistently.
>>
>>6495010
I think DX9 still has one in the works
>>
>>6494998
The hot soldiers has a bomb ass Soundwave. Missing a couple bit of articulation but costs pretty much the same as online retail for a Hasbro legends figure.
>>
>>6495066

The new, shit tier QC coincides with moving their factories around though.
>>
>>6495106
It coincides more with the rise of wages in the previous factories they used.
>>
>>6495106
That doesn't change the fact that we're still paying more for worse QC.
>>
>>6495083
>no bicep swivel
I don't wanna be an articulation snob, but how is this even remotely ok? Even the shittiest legion toy had those with ball elbows. Having nothing there is so restrictive.
>>
>>6495202
It's weird and obnoxious, but honestly I don't notice it a whole lot. It kind of looks like it was originally planned to be there but scrapped. He's definitely worth the $16 I paid for him when he first came out.
>>
>>6495202
the butterfly hinges in the shoulders as part of the transformation KIND of compensate as far as outward posing goes, but the toy is pretty damn cheap for the level of quality it offers.
>>
>>6495202

It has wrist swivels at least, so you can cheat it a bit. But yeah, it's a little annoying. Still, for $15 for a 3P figure, it's solid.
>>
rumor has it that maketoys are gonna start a kickstarter on Friday to get free shekels for a toy they've already made.
>>
File: 6b027a4cgy1fgp2kmhp92j20ui0qodi2.jpg (193KB, 1024x895px) Image search: [Google]
6b027a4cgy1fgp2kmhp92j20ui0qodi2.jpg
193KB, 1024x895px
>Shorter than Soundwave
>Partsforming roof that doesn't go anywhere in robot mode

kind of annoying since Hot Soldier's Ironhide looks so damn good.
>>
>>6495227
For a repaint? They are idiots.
>>
>>6495208
>>6495219
>>6495220
I totally understand the $15 point, and I actually didn't know he was that cheap, but my problem is that he looks like a pretty perfect tiny-soundwave aside from the no-swivel business. The iron factory one wasn't my cup of tea either, and there aren't really other options. I think I'm gonna try my luck with getting one off ebay and cutting a swivel in there myself.
>>
>>6495228
Battle sleds are neat, but I wish it didn't require partsforming to assemble.

It also looks like the inevitable Ratchet repaint will have partsforming lights too
>>
>>6495291
How else do you propose a battle sled be formed?
>>
>>6495313
The old diaclone toy had the sides of the roof pull out so that the treads could flip out. It was surprisingly involved for something that would almost definitely had been partsforming on any other g1 toy.

Obviously the sled wasn't a priority for this figure, but I think something similar to that would have worked.

Also, a somewhat related complain, but those panels of arm kibble on the robot mode could have easily just been a part of the roof
>>
I think I'm about two steps from buying Quantron. Is there anything to be said that would push / pull me otherwise?
>>
>>6495360
One person who frequents this board absolutely hates him and thinks he's worthless garbage but the general consensus is he's quite good. Try to track down the upgrade kit.
>>
>>6495360
UW + PE is better.
>>
>>6495360

He's alright. Super thin when viewed from the side according to anon's here, and some of his transformations can be really bitchy, go check some online videos.
>>
>>6495377
Isn't computron just a bunch of superion repaints? Why would you buy a bunch of repaints? Or are you just the playschool shill baiting for you's.
>>
>>6495360

Get the fucking upgrade kit from Shadow Fisher. Action Robo still has it in stock. Really makes it worthwhile because that back cannon is fucking stupid without it.
>>
File: Staxie.jpg (1MB, 2672x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Staxie.jpg
1MB, 2672x4000px
I'm not all that deep into 3rd party figures (only bought an iGear Brawn a few years ago and while he was neat it didn't really make me go after the other ones), but I found this guy going for 50 eurobucks in GamesCom and though well, why the fuck not.

So, while he looks aesthetically orgasmic in both modes, there are three things that really bother me:

1) why the hell are his shoulders so loose? Both of them are always wobbling and the right one in particular has an awful tendency to come off. I did notice they have screws, will tightening them help at all?

2) why is one of the legs really solid and sturdy while other one basically feels like its made out of paper?

3) WHY IS HE SO HARD TO STAND UP OH MY GOD WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THAT HEAVY OF A BACKPACK AAAAAA FUCK

I do really like him either way and, seeing how most are going for 75$ on Ebay, I guess the deal was good, but the QC is really fucking bothering me. Did I just get a faulty version or is this to be expected from X-Transbots, or most third parties for the matter? I honestly can't blame young upstarters without professional manufacturing plants for not having HasTak-tier QC but still. Anything I can do to improve his looseness?
>>
>>6495450
$10 shipping on a $10 item doesn't "feel good" but if it's not available from another source, I suppose that's what I'm left with.
>>
>>6494018
G1 is great for its vast stores of potential, but to ignore everything else is so limiting and sad.
>>
>>6495447
>Isn't computron just a bunch of superion repaints?

Only Scattershot is. And it's a pretty heavy retool.

> Why would you buy a bunch of repaints?
They're all retools, not repaints. And I buy them because the official toys look closer to the source material and aren't fiddly as fuck with shitty ports like Quantron is.
>>
File: future-floor-wax.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
future-floor-wax.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>6495457
For 1 and 2, see image.
That mold is known to suffer from loose hip balljoints.
>>
File: quantytrony.jpg (280KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
quantytrony.jpg
280KB, 1008x756px
>>6495468

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>6495508
Nice set up you have. At the very least I'll have a match-up against Yellow Giant that I also just got.
>>
How's Kingzilla? I'm tempted to pick him up, but the problem with the spring stripping the screw is a major turn off.
>>
>>6493700
>G1 Starscream design
>from War Within.
Contradicted yourself there.
>>
tfw none of the third parties are exploiting their powers and making slutty fembot Arcees and Windblades.
>>
>>6495588

This actually does piss me off. I want some risque or outright lewd fembots. And those two hunks of garbage by FP don't count.
>>
>>6495588
>>6495619

Could you deal with the fact they wouldn't be able to transform?
>>
>>6495671

Sure, but they'd probably be able to make transforming lewdbots. Shit, Gen. Arcee is close to a lewd figure.
>>
>>6495340
That's... still partsforming, anon.
>>
File: Bigconvoy_shell.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bigconvoy_shell.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
>>6495588
>>6495619
>>6495671
>>6495685
>Third Party Arcee sculpted up by Daibadi or some other person who's good at sculpting tiddiebots, has Figma-level articulation
>Car mode is basically a shell Big Convoy style with Arcee folded inside it.
>The car can disassemble into armor/weapons that peg into Arcee
>Parts are also included to fill the pegholes if you want a fully smooth bot mode

You can thank me later big-name 3rd-parties
>>
File: 16f1697c9d41177da71639262f056b68.jpg (424KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
16f1697c9d41177da71639262f056b68.jpg
424KB, 1280x1024px
>>6495671
See >>6495685
Gen Arcee is already pretty capable. Hell, a 3rd party sexed up version of Prime Arcee would also be viable.

Generations Windblade's and her derivatives proportions are already ideal as well.

Weijiang's Arcee had something interesting going, but her face is jank. If I had the skill to sculpt or custom I'd do some personal alteration to make her resemble pic related, but I've only just started dabbling in doing customs.
>>
>>6495713

I'd love an Arcee based on that design. Bonus points if the pink crotch plate can detach for addon's that include puffy vulva and hyper cock, so you can cover all levels of perverts.
>>
>>6495714
Sounds like you're thinking of Polynian stuff. If some 3P TF group collaborated with Daibadi it would be a match made in heaven.
>>
>>6495719

I own some Poly stuff, so kind of.
>>
>>6495457
>is this to be expected from X-Transbots
Yes. You should always avoid X-Transbots and KFC.
>>
>>6495758
X-Transbots sure, but KFC has a winner now and then, like Blaster Wreck-Gar and Victory Leo.

Just do your research before buying.
>>
>>6495843
KFC is and will always be 100% shit no matter how hard people will shill for them.
>>
>>6494819
Unicron Trilogy third-party though? I think not.

And most non-G1 are G1-inspired or IDW or whatever, so... it's a moot point.

Also, it is entirely possible that Galaxy Meteor will sell well and that they'll make another Cybertron/Galaxy Force figure. Certainly, if they had made Optimus Prime, he would have sold far better just because of who he is.

TL;DR don't count on it yet.
>>
File: IMG_2949.jpg (482KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2949.jpg
482KB, 1920x1080px
Got this cute couple today.

Elita's waist/ab joint is a bit loose and one slot in her gun has some extra mould flash that needs cleaning up to peg her foot all the way in, but otherwise, she's absolutely fine. I love Pink Assassin but I think Alleria might be even better colour-wise.

I also love Optimus, though he has a few more issues, but most of them aren't a big deal:
- Some very tight joints and tolerances, especially a lot of the pegs on some guns and the shoulder pieces.
- Left hip is squeaky but that's fixable.
- Head is super-fiddly to transform but I'll probably get used to it over time.
- His shoulders untabbing all the time is probably the worst part. I really wish they had put little latches there to lock them together.
- Combined with the fact that the God Ginrai waist skirt doesn't move seems like two oversights on an otherwise fantastic little figure who has a ton of moving parts, but these last two things are especially glaring when you realise just how many other tiny little things move on him (such as the sliding kneepads, the amount of joints in the torso, the amount of hinges and such in the backpack, etc).

But despite the last two things being my biggest gripes, I still love him, and for the price I got him at, he is absolutely worth it (I think it was about $60 or $70 shipped on eBay).
>>
>>6495904
You obviously never ran a business making products.
If Galaxy Meteor sells well, they'll be happy they managed to save a risky project from a failure but they sure as hell won't do the same mistake twice. They know they can only use the "sorry guys we can't make it / thanks to your amazing support we finally can" only once and will go back to making figures that are guaranteed to sell.
>>
>>6495914
You're assuming that their project was ever close to failure to begin with though. Well, that and you're assuming that I know nothing about business (I actually know plenty, but thanks for asking).

If it was such a risky project that was about to fail, do you REALLY think they would have got to the point of not only producing steel moulds but actually MANUFACTURING STOCK, only to turn around and say "oh no, not enough pre-orders, what a big failure"?

Because anyone worth their salt who's running a business wouldn't make THAT sort of mistake, and if they did, then they shouldn't be running a business, period.

MakeToys have been around long enough to know how not to fuck up these things. I find it hard to believe that this was even legitimate from the get-go, and if it is, then they probably don't deserve to be in business any more since they would clearly then not understand how to run a business properly in the market they chose.
>>
>>6495904
>>6495914
>And most non-G1 are G1-inspired or IDW or whatever, so... it's a moot point.
Forgot that part.
99% of every TF ever is G1 inspired yet most of them have different colors, transformations, desgins, complexity... Even that GF Starscream is G1 inspired. The G1 hate is getting ridiculous.
>>
File: OptimusPrime4.jpg (702KB, 1582x1162px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusPrime4.jpg
702KB, 1582x1162px
>>6495912
>- Head is super-fiddly to transform but I'll probably get used to it over time.

Thats pretty much by biggest issue with him. Holy fuck it is difficult to get the head into the body for transformation. The skirt you could leave off if you need more leg room, but he actually gets a pretty decent range even with it on.

Did you find anywhere to store the axe/sword? Far as I can tell they have no storage points.
>>
>>6495291
Im hoping theres enough room in the van mode to store at least the tread bits of the sled. That would kinda be a bummer witb just a bunch of shit lying around in van mode
>>
>>6495921
I'm not saying most Transformers aren't G1 inspired, nor did I say anything about hating G1 (FYI I don't, I LOVE G1), but there are plenty of third-party figures which are G1-inspired that aren't solely G1.

For a random example, look at Gravity Builder. Clearly meant to be G1 Devastator, but it's stylised. It's definitely not a Six-Builder or a Landfill though.

I really don't think you understood my post very well, frankly. Maybe it's the way I worded it. I don't know.
>>
>>6495926
Yeah, agreed on both points, though I think the shoulder tabs are my biggest issue (for now - we'll see how they like floor polish).

I tried to find a place to store the axe/sword but haven't yet. The sword has those holes in the side but they seem to be 4mm rather than 5mm, so they don't fit normally.
I'm going to keep looking, though.
>>
>>6495945
>Clearly meant to be G1 Devastator
It's meant to be a Classics Devastator, it's not more G1 than Six-Builder or Landfill.
>>
>>6495917
He's not assuming anything, MT said it didn't sell enough preorders to justify a full production run. Even if this is a partial lie to get more preorders, the fact they're using it on their first non G1 Masterpiece is pretty much a dead giveaway that something went wrong.
>>
hey do any of you remember that upgrade kit that could turn mindwipe from the titans return line into a pterodactyl or something like that
>>
>>6495976
>Classics
>not G1
Anon, what in the actual fuck are you talking about? How is Gravity Builder "no more G1 than Six-Builder or Landfill"? Are you seriously trying to argue that?
>>
>>6496018
He's assuming they're telling the truth and as I've already pointed out, unless they are absolutely incompetent (which they don't seem to have been in the past), it seems more like an outright lie than just a partial one.

Whatever reason they're doing this, we don't know for sure.

Plus, they've made plenty of non-G1 figures before. Yes, it's technically their first non-G1 Masterpiece-style figure (if we're including Japanese G1), but it's far from their first non-G1 figure, period, so it's not a given that something definitely went wrong.

For all we know, they did it to see if there was enough demand for the product after all and after seeing the response, they're happy to go ahead with it, but even that doesn't make a lot of sense considering they've already produced the figures. Maybe they wanted to see if it was worth doing a second batch? I mean, we know for a fact that they've already made a batch, only a handful of which were sold at TFcon.

The point is that we don't know. We can make guesses based on the information we've got but at the end of the day, we don't know for sure, so to say you know for sure absolutely means you're making assumptions to come to that conclusion.
>>
>>6496050
What would be the reason to lie if it wasn't a failure to begin with? Do you really think it's just a coincidence they did this with their first non G1 MTRM? Why didn't they lie about Downbeat? Or Despotron? Or even Howling Meteor which has to compete with MP-11 and 3 or 4 different KOs? Do you realize that by canceling the release, even if was only for a day, they did lost even more preorders thanks to people asking for refund immediately, those who think they're being rused and are not okay with it? It doesn't make sense.
>Plus, they've made plenty of non-G1 figures before
Non MP and MP figures aren't comparable. People collecting MP are mostly G1 collectors.
>For all we know
For all you think.
>they did it to see if there was enough demand for the product after all and after seeing the response
>design the whole thing
>pay for several prototypes
>pay for several versions of the molds
>pay for the testshots
>pay for the box arts
>pay for the boxes
>pay for a first small run of final products to be ready for a con
>THEN do some market reasearches
That's not how it works.
>>
>>6496095
Still arguing with flawed logic, I see.
And for the record, I never said what you said is definitely wrong, just that we don't know that it's definitely true.
First of all, Howling Meteor isn't about to be released (i.e. the production isn't quite as far along) so why bother trying to drum up hype for it? Besides, people have problems with it in multiple communities, and that isn't to say it won't sell but that if they tried fake-cancel it, they'd likely lose more of the fickle collectors.

And you're right that they risk losing pre-orders, but when you're saying your product is now cancelled, do pre-orders matter? Maybe, but you're also drumming up hype with your sob story, and suddenly rallying up people around your product because they didn't know they wanted it before or it wasn't a priority for them before or whatever.
The point is that you cannot say for certain that a sob story fake cancellation to drum up attention for this figure would make it sell worse than if they didn't do that. We don't have the data to say. MakeToys, however, does.
Even one of the retailers, The Chosen Prime, suggested there's more to this story than they were letting on with a post on TFW.

Also, you clearly don't don't know what "for all we know" is. The way you reworded it makes no sense. The phrase "for all we know" is basically equivalent to "as far as we know", that being "given what we know, this is a possibility/this is a plausible scenario".

Besides, here's YOUR scenario:
>design the whole thing
>pay for several prototypes
>pay for several versions of the molds
>pay for the testshots
>pay for the box art
>pay for the boxes
>pay for a first run of final products [they produced more than were available at TFcon; this was confirmed]
>THEN do some market research and realise it won't sell enough
That's not how it works either. So are you really suggesting your story is any more plausible? The point is, both are possible, but none of us know the whole story for sure.
>>
Hey 3PG, I'm new to 3P and I want to know, what's the definitive 3P Megs? How are Apollyon or Despotron? Is there something better?
>>
>>6496196

Get Masterpiece Hastak megs
>>
>>6496196
Despotron is considered by most to be the best 3p megs
>>
>>6496196
I think it's down to what do you prefer in a toy, Despostron seems to be the more solid of the two and has a very clean robot mode, especially the back but he's also stylised a bit, he looks buff, he's got fat legs, and this impact his altmode that looks like a fat pistol.

Don't know much about Apollyon but he's the first 3p MP Megatron and to me he looks worst than Mightron but that might just be my opinion.

I actually don't own any of these and after much deliberation I pre ordered the re issue of Takara's Meg off of HLJ so take what I just said with a grain of salt.
>>
>>6496226
>>6496217
>>6496222
Much appreciated guys
>>
File: 10-52.png (1MB, 1400x1014px) Image search: [Google]
10-52.png
1MB, 1400x1014px
>>6496237
>>6496196
Although if you just want a cool Megs with good articulation you could also check out Rioter Despotron. I don't deal with MP scale and this is now my go to voyager Megatron.
>>
>>6496253
I'll certainly admit that that is crispy. Very nice.
>>
>>6496196
I love MP-36 Megatron, but then again, I also have a soft spot for that piece of crap MP-5 Megatron.

I hate Despotron's head but he looks fun and tends to be considered better than Mightron. Apollyon is X-Transbots so fuck that QC gamble.

Also, you might want to drop the name if you plan to stay. No one likes namefags.
>inb4 someone says namefags are okay
>>
>>6496282
Namefags shouldn't put on a name unless they have a good reason for doing so.

I think it would be fine if people in the Toy Photography thread started using names, it helps distinguish one photographer from another and lets people ctrl f for their favorite artists.
>>
>>6496191
>flawed logic
Nice kettle.
>First of all, Howling Meteor...
Don't act like you didn't understand. What I implies was "why didn't they keep that trick for its release" (besides, Howling is pretty much as far in production as Galaxy but that's not the point)
>people have problems with it...
Exactly like Galaxy except that more people care about Howling because it is G1.
>you cannot say for certain that a sob story fake cancellation to drum up attention for this figure would make it sell worse than if they didn't do that. We don't have the data to say. MakeToys, however, does.
Which is exactly why you don't resort to that kind of shenanigans unless there's a real issue to begin with. MT didn't have the data prior to the cancellation either. It is pretty easy to understand: you don't resort to risky practice you can't resort to more than once without a solid reason. If it was their last figure ever, or if they did use some trick they could reuse over and over with future releases, your reasoning would be right though.
>TCP suggested there's more to this story
And he didn't say they lied.
>Also, you clearly don't don't know what "for all we know" is.
Thanks for the little lesson but I do perfectly know what it means and if you did not understand what I meant by changing the "we know" by "you think", you have bigger problems with English than I have.
>Besides, here's YOUR scenario...
So you didn't even bother reading my post huh. What I'm saying, is that the most probable scenario is:
>make a risky figure without researching the market
>figure doesn't sell enough
>this happen
Whether or not the cancellation was a badly worded way of saying they would release it later through other means or a deliberate try to make people feel bad for them is the only unknown factor and whatever the truth really is, it still happened because of low sales.
>>
>>6496282
I've namefagged as a meme homage to Dr. Smoov for 3-4 years in tfg now dawg
>>
>>6496196

Despotron by a mile. Apolloyon wasn't good even when he was the ONLY game in town, let alone now.
>>
File: GUL_7884.jpg (527KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_7884.jpg
527KB, 1000x662px
>>6496253
Rioter is currently my only megs at the momment and I love him.
>>
>>6496424
If only he turned into a tank instead of another gun
>>
File: GUL_5817.jpg (275KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_5817.jpg
275KB, 662x1000px
>>6496466
Yeah, im not in love with the alt mode, but the robot mode is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>6496471
Maybe Maketoys will make a power armor set which turns into components which combines with his alt mode to make it a tank?
>>
>>6496474
I think it's more likely that would do a completely new toy, but I'd be happy either way. This line has been everything I've ever wanted out of the transformers line.
>>
>>6496196
MP-36>Despotron>Apollyon>Mightron

>>6496253
MMC Megatron is better. The Maketoys one looks like a piece of ass that barely resembles the character.
>>
File: GUL_7885.jpg (666KB, 1000x843px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_7885.jpg
666KB, 1000x843px
>>6496506
>MMC Megatron is better
Its not even out yet.

>>6496506
>that barely resembles the character.
Thats kind of the whole point of the cross dimension line.
>>
File: 1291349058302.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1291349058302.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>6496424
I'm down with all the visuals for the other CD stuff, but his forehead bulge has always bugged me. Also, I wish the double barrels on his pistol mode were vertical instead of horizontal, but I sort of like it otherwise.

>huh all this talk about him has me interested, let me check how much he is
Fuck, I guess I got lucky on the manus I picked up for less than retail a while ago, this shit only went up.
>>
>>6496044
Read the whole discussion.
>>
>>6496506
>Despotron>Apollyon>Mightron>literal shit>MP-36
ftfy
>>
>>6496527
>Its not even out yet.
So?

>Thats kind of the whole point of the cross dimension line
So the point is to make characters that are uglier than what they're supposed to look like? Yeah, I guess you're right!
>>
>>6496551
It's pretty immediately recognizable as Megatron, to act like it doesn't look like him is sheer hyperbole.

Now, the style itself might not be to your liking, but that's just opinion.
>>
>>6496506
>MP-36>Despotron>Apollyon>Mightron

How the fuck could you get a list so wrong? It's

>Despotron>Mightron>MP-36>A literal steaming pile of dog shit on the sidewalk>Apollyon
>>
>>6496546
Apollyon that high? I mean, he looks okay, but I've heard so much shit about him. I think the only reason he got a lot of initial praise was because he was the first legit attempt at an MP-style Megatron following the disaster of MP-05.
>>
>>6496559

See >>6496559 for the actual correct listing.
>>
File: tyrant11.jpg (28KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
tyrant11.jpg
28KB, 960x640px
Also, as much as I like MMC's, the fact that half his fucking altmode is his cannon is hilariously lazy. JFC.
>>
>>6496095
>People collecting MP are mostly G1 collectors.
To be fair, that's because non-G1 MPs weren't even really a thing until just recently.

Now we have MP Optimus Primal who was a hit as well as more upcoming Beast Wars MPsand even Bayverse MPs. We also have other 3P companies tapping into the MP scale with other non G1 figures like IDW Prime and Megs from GT and GCreation as well as War Within Prime, Megs, and Grimlock and people are loving it. GT's Menasor even falls into MP scale and it's also seeing a decent amount of praise. MP collectors clearly don't all ONLY want G1. The only reason it seemed like that was the case is because the MP line started as and is dominated by G1 figures. Non G1 MP figures are a fairly new concept but it's quickly gaining steam.
>>
>>6496576

It probably would've been better if IDW Megs actually had shown an altmode. They literally based a figure off the aesthetics of a guy who hasn't transformed since getting the form they're basing this figure off of. So they pretty much had to just do whatever the fuck they wanted, and went for the path of least resistance.
>>
>>6496591
Impactor also didn't really have an alt-mode to go off of but they went above and beyond for his figure.

I dunno, I'm still buying it because the bot mode looks great and I do love that design but yeah, it does come off pretty lazy. I honestly don't hate his jet mode. It's nothing amazing but it at least looks like a jet of some sort with vestigial tank elements and it kinda reminds me of his Cybertronian alt mode from Animated. The tank mode is utter crap though. If they could find a way to have made it more squat like a tradition (albeit alien) tank it may have been passable but a tank with a jet-like shape just look dumb and it makes the arms even more obvious.
>>
>>6496609

Well, it's not really a tank though. It's supposed to be a big mining drill. It would've been better if they shortened the drill section yeah, I agree.
>>
>>6496557
>It's pretty immediately recognizable as Megatron,

Not really. It looks like a generic grey anime robot.

>>6496558
Mightron looks like trash. The proportions are completely wrong. MP-36 is better than everything else.
>>
>>6496640
You are an idiot.
>>
>>6496558
>>6496546
>>6496506
MP-36>Despotron>Mightron>Apollyon
>>
>>6496640
He looks a million times more like Megatron than Bay 1-4 Megs, but people accepted that. How autistic are you?

>Buckethead
>Arm cannon
>Imposing build
>proper colors
He fills the qouta for megs pretty well.
>>
>>6496370
how embarrassing
>>
Man I have to say I'm really disappointed by the lack of MP upgrade kits. I went searching expecting stuff like swappable faces and extra accessories or guns and such, but really it's all just hand replacements.

I'd kill for some face swaps for earlier MPs
>>
Ever since MP-36 released, these threads have been almost as shitty as the official general
>>
>>6496706

Right now the only thing in need of a face swap is the upcoming Sunstreaker. Fucking thing looks like it has down syndrome.
>>
>>6496706
This, after playing Transformers Devastation I went to look for MP Melee weapon or blaster and couldn't find much.
>>
>>6496714
This. Some 3P company could have made a fortune just churning out a Devastation-based weapon pack.
>>
>>6496253
Wasn't this the figure that has plasticizer issues?
>>
>>6496710
That's because Takaracucks are in full denial after MP-36, so they have to shit these threads too.
>>
>>6496645
You are an idiot.

>>6496654
Because Bayformers is an entirely different continuity that has nothing to do with G1. Maketoys is trying to do a CHUG style re imagining but they're just failing incredibly at it.

>lanklet anime proportioned bot with purple stone on his chest for some reason and a bunch of random greeble
no he really does not.

>>6496710
Yeah because people who already wasted money on the 3P Megatrons can't accept that it's the best Megatron MP.
>>
>>6496830
You sound like a very unpleasant person to be around.
>>
File: CEASE.jpg (39KB, 455x810px) Image search: [Google]
CEASE.jpg
39KB, 455x810px
>>6496830
>le greebles meme
>le anime proportions meme
>le Takara Autismo is best Megatron meme
>le everything must look exactly like G1 meme
Oh god it's you again.
>>
File: 1405772840783.gif (913KB, 366x432px) Image search: [Google]
1405772840783.gif
913KB, 366x432px
>>6496830
If you want people to seriously entertain your arguments you should avoid coming off as such an unabashed G1 purist
>>
>>6496830
>Because Bayformers is an entirely different continuity that has nothing to do with G1

I'm speaking in relation to transformers as a whole. As far as the many divergent designs go, he resembles Megatron just fine. Also if any Megatron was ever a lanklet it's G1 megatron. Such a skinny shit.

>>6496830
Many of them have both Mp Meg and the 3rd parties and if they think he sucks. It's certainly not sour grapes.
>>
File: idw-mtmte-megatron-png[1].png (432KB, 555x933px) Image search: [Google]
idw-mtmte-megatron-png[1].png
432KB, 555x933px
>>6496844
I'm not a G1 purist. I'm just like GOOD redesigns and not fucking awful ones. THIS is a good example of a redesigned Megatron. Maketoys' just looks like hot garbage.

>>6496848
>As far as the many divergent designs go, he resembles Megatron just fine

Nooo he doesn't. Megatron was never an anime proportioned lanklet. Not even in G1.

>Many of them have both Mp Meg and the 3rd parties
Uh huh. Sure they do.
>>
>>6496889
>Nooo he doesn't. Megatron was never an anime proportioned lanklet. Not even in G1.
Nigger, what part of "Original design" do you not understand? The entire point of the cross dimension line is that they ARNT based on any previous designs. Now if you don't like it, that's fine, and I wouldn't bother trying to convince you too, but don't claim it's shit for doing what the line set out to do.
>>
>>6496889
Your entire argument is 'I don't like it therefore it's bad'.

I'm not even one of the people you're replying to, just grow up a bit.
>>
>>6496958
>Nigger, what part of "Original design" do you not understand?
Geewunners have an illness. They are mentally incapable of coming to terms with the fact that any iteration of the characters might exist outside of G1, or that any toy would purposefully deviate from those designs. There's no cure, anon. Just pity him and move on.
>>
>>6496958
>The entire point of the cross dimension line is that they ARNT based on any previous designs

And yet you keep arguing that they are.

>>6496969
Your entire argument is 'I like it therefore it's good'

I'm not even one of the people you're replying to, just grow up a bit.
>>
>>6497063
>And yet you keep arguing that they are.
>everyone in this thread other than me is the same person

I... what?
This has to be an act right? No one can be this fucking stupid and still be able to operate a computer.
>>
>>6496537
$63.99 plus whatever shipping is to your country. Straight from maketoys.

http://maketoys.jp/shop/products/rioter-despotron/
>>
>>6497066
>he resembles Megatron just fine
>The entire point of the cross dimension line is that they ARNT based on any previous designs

Hmmm.... I wonder if there's a contradiction here....... hmmmmmmmmmm..........
>>
>>6497084
> I wonder if there's a contradiction here
Only if you were qouting the same person.

Besides resemblance is subjective, Trying to arguing if one thing looks like another is a waste of time.
>>
>>6497084
>he resembles Megatron just fine
My reply

A different anon's

He thinks we're samefagging him.
>>
>>6497076
Oh dang, that's nice
>17 bucks flat shipping
Oh. Does anyone know where they ship from? That's sorta decent if it's ems coming out of japan/china or something.
>>
File: IMG_20170823_223904-1008x755.jpg (255KB, 1008x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170823_223904-1008x755.jpg
255KB, 1008x755px
>>6497102
Maketoys ships from Hong Kong.
>>
>>6497097
>Only if you were qouting the same person.

Except that person was responding directly to my response to the first statement. So he's (you're) the one who's retarded.

It's hilarious how the MT fanboys can't even decide if it's one or the other. Talk about a failure of design.
>>
>6497076
I'm going to buy him and enjoy and love him.
>>
>>6497084
There's absolutely no contradiction here you faggot, he is based of Megatron (G1 Megatron) but he is an entirely new redesign that has never been seen before but BASED of Megatron.

Just like>>6496889 was a new design for Megatron but clearly still Megatron.

Don't act dumb you motherfucker.
>>
>>6496310
>Nice kettle.
Thanks, I like my tea hot.
>Don't act like you didn't understand.
Except I didn't. I don't think YOU understand though. I gave you reasons they might have avoided using that tactic for Howling Meteor, and you strawmanned my argument. Go read what I wrote again.
>Which is exactly why you don't resort to that kind of shenanigans unless there's a real issue to begin with.
>And he didn't say they lied.
By that logic, he didn't say they didn't lie.
>Thanks for the little lesson but I do perfectly know what it means and if you did not understand what I meant by changing the "we know" by "you think", you have bigger problems with English than I have.
Sure buddy, but I actually did understand perfectly fine; I was just pointing out how unnecessary and condescending you were to make such a pointless change.
>So you didn't even bother reading my post huh. What I'm saying, is that the most probable scenario is:
Oh, I read it multiple times. Apparently you have a lot of trouble with reading comprehension. Seems to be a problem with people these days.
>inb4 "top kek anon, your reading comprehension is teh shit 1"
Except my reading comprehension is top-notch, and it's appalling how bad people comprehension are at reading these days. Considering how you misinterpret everything I say, you really don't have a leg to stand on.
And FYI, you never said "this is the most probable reason". You were trying to say it's the ONLY reason, which it's not. I was pointing out that, from what we know, it may be the most probable reason but it's certainly not the only possibility nor is it necessarily the most plausible possibility.
>it still happened because of low sales
Again, you don't know that for certain. This is your problem: you keep claiming that you know for sure. But you don't. Unless you have some insider knowledge which you're not sharing, you know no more than the rest of us.
Just stop. You keep implying there are no other possibilities, which isn't true.
>>
>>6496474
Ew, let's stop with the add-on armour kits already. They're rarely any good.
>>
>>6496546
>liking Apollyon more than literal shit AND MP-36
Keith shill confirmed.
>>
>>6496545
I did, because I was the one arguing that side in the entire discussion. Your points make little sense.
>>
>>6496506
>MP-36>Despotron>Apollyon>Mightron
Subjective. I'd tend to agree personally, but Despotron is still good, Apollyon LOOKS good, and Mightron is better than Apollyon on a build and design level.
>>
>>6496576
Agreed. That laziness puts me off wanting it. They folded a robot up and stuck a cannon/drill on him. I get that he doesn't have a canon alt mode, but it's still a lazy attempt.
>>
>>6496590
>anon forgets about MP Cheetor
i cri, anon
>>
>>6496710
Agreed.

People like >>6496819 don't seem to understand that you can have different opinions. Wow!

Also, I find it funny that almost every single person who hates MP-36 and slanders it doesn't actually own one. And I'm not saying you should buy one or that you can't have an opinion on it without owning one, but I find it laughable when people go on and on about how horrendous MP-36 is even though they don't own one. It's like an autistic bandwagon.

And don't get me wrong, people on the other side aren't much better. I love my MP-36 but I'm not flaunting it and telling people they're shit for not having one. If you prefer Despotron, for example, go for it. I have no problem with that.
>>
>>6496969
Amen to this. If we could stop this train of thought, it'd be really nice.

Spoilers: you are allowed to dislike something others like and vice-versa.

Unless you like Botanica, in which case, YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG.
>>
>>6497066
>No one can be this fucking stupid and still be able to operate a computer.
My dad sends his regards.
>>
>>6497117
Can you just stop, anon? You're allowed different opinions and tastes, holy crap. Just leave it at that.
>>
New thread, because you cucks keep forgetting to link:
>>6496882
>>6496882
>>6496882
>>
>>6497496
I didn't mention Cheetor because from what I recall, he was a fairly unpopular pick. He got the MP treatment because Japan loves him but the west doesn't seem too fond of him so his release came and went with little fanfare.
>>
Please boycott Yes-model, they are the ones stealing Maketoys designs.
>>
What are so good 3rd party military vehicle bots? Tanks, artillery and attack helicopters are some of my favorite things, who makes stuff that fits that bill.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.