[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General: Titans Wars and Beyond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 112

File: 1491752825480.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1491752825480.jpg
1B, 486x500px
New thread since old one is near death.....

Local comic shop has the Platinum Trypticon re-issue for sale for $150. Should I jump on it? Is it any good with the smaller Legends style Transformers? Is the base mode any good and shit?
>>
>>6320064
Depends if you have room for TW Trypticon (who is going to be huge as hell).

G1 Trypticon is so-so; the chief selling point however has always been the dinosaur mode. The base/city mode is so-so but you'll need the G1 combiners to fully enjoy it (especially since you can connect Motormaster and Onslaught to Trypticon in their base modes).
>>
File: TR_Trypticon_Robot[1].jpg (82KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
TR_Trypticon_Robot[1].jpg
82KB, 640x461px
>>6320064
Did you forget this is happening for around the same price?
>>
>>6320094
it looks hollow
>>
>>6320101
It is as part of gimmicks, he can eat small figs and have a cockpit with seats inside the tail for mobil fortress mode, this is over all an improvement over the original, just needs a 3rd party Brunt.
>>
File: dinorobot.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
dinorobot.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320101
>>6320101
>>6320094
oh man, the original just looks likea cheapo robot you could get from a Pic N Save

I can see why i don't remember this toy as a kid.
I don't get nostalgia at all.
>>
File: cheers.jpg (48KB, 354x469px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.jpg
48KB, 354x469px
>>>6320113
>E-Hobby exclusive 2018
>>
File: cheers.png (1B, 486x500px)
cheers.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6320165
Wrong pic, but it turned out alright.
I got too many damn cheers.
>>
>>6320101
Duh.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebkf1RkIzh4

New trailer shows off many interesting things like new WWII bot and Drift look-alikes in the past.
>>
>>6320171
more armybot toys pls
>>
>>6320171
I'd love a wave of world war robots. Give me that ww2 bumblebee.
>>
>>6320263
With the new budget for movie toys, I doubt we'll get them. Maybe for the Bumblebee movie?
>>
TLK Voyager Prime is like a pair of wrist swivels and maybe ankle tilts away from being a perfect Voyager, and it makes their omission all the more upsetting.
>>
File: legends-kup-06.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
legends-kup-06.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320064
>dat Kup
Only figure I'm hyped for in the near future, and I don't think I'm planning to get anything between him and Artfire at the end of the month. It's going to be a long, lonely summer.

I wonder if I'll snap and buy the Hasbro version if I come across it, though. Lately I've just been trying to skip them, because what happens is I buy Hasbro first, then end up getting Takara, liking it more, and Hasbro version ends up in a box or drawer somewhere. I should just skip the middle man. Really looking forward to their take on Triggerhappy, which will undoubtedly come with a Targetmaster now.

These new guys look fun, too. pretty good articulation. Everything you could want apart from an elbow, but that's tolerable. God I fucking love Targetmasters.
>>
>>6320267
Yep, and given that Hot Rod has a WW2 era vehicle (forgot what it was but it was spotted in production), we'll probably get something.
>>
Who can wear these?
>>
File: killme.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
killme.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320333
>>
File: 20170402_025659.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170402_025659.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320333
>>
>>6320336
WHAT ARE THOSE ?
>>
>>6320339
Shuffler and Ramhorn titanmasters "vehicles".
>>
>>6320336
now if only you could attach two more as arms.
fangry and repugnus might be your best bet, if you can find ports for them.
>>
>>6320333
how come there's no Titan Masters combiners

just add some pegs and holes, la-da-ding-da, goldmine, goddamn im smarter than whoever in charge of hasbro
>>
>>6320366

And they come with little heads that could become the heads of the combiners!
>>
I just bought these two good boys for a pretty decent deal considering what they'r going for at most retailers & eBay.
>>
>>6320273
Maybe its just the change in angle, but it looks like they fucked something up with Kup's eyes in the final product.
>>
>>6320366
I've been saying for a year that I want monstructor from titanmaster vehicles.
>>
>>6320386
that's.... GENIUS
It wouldn't take much remolding at all.
>>
File: legends-Kup-05.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
legends-Kup-05.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320384
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but they're just test shots, so it's probably the angle.
>>
TargetMaster Triggerhappy. Now I can dump the Hasbro version!
>>
>>6320402
Congratulations! Now you get to pay twice for the same product!
>>
File: bbtslisting.png (1B, 486x500px)
bbtslisting.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>6320414
how the hell takara stuff cheaper than hasbro in SEA.
>>
File: 312163.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
312163.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320410
Not me! I've been holding out. It's hard, because I've seen the Hasbro one a few times at local Walgreens (which are better-stocked than any fucking retail store) and he looks pretty great. But I'll wait. Really not a fan of his gray plastic.

>>6320405
Eh. They are a bit much, but Kup DOES have sunken cheeks, though. He is an old man after all. Personally, my biggest issue is that his mouth should be higher up his face to give him a bit of a stronger chin. Other than that, I find with face sculpts they look better in hand. These highly-processed images often make them look odd or bad in some ways that just aren't problems in hand. I used to think the face sculpt for Hasbro Kup was garbage until some anon took a really good picture of him.

And even so, the improvements made to literally every other part of the figure far outweigh any squabbles I have with sunken cheeks.
>>
>>6320414
Damn. Well I'm probably buying all of these. I wonder if Takara is going to fix Kickback any. His arms were kind of terrible. And I hope Brawn's colors match his LG Titanmaster.
>>
>>6320414
who the fuck is gong?
>>
>>6320414
Who's Crowbar?

What version of Gong/Brawn is coming with Repugnus?
>>
>>6320430
JP name of Brawn
>>
>>6320430
Brawn
>>
>>6320433
Seeing the previous releases they'll get legends class-non headmaster Brawn and head-only repugnus without his body/vehicle.
>>
So I'll ask again.

>With the reissue of hasbro mp soundwave, were the qc issues that bad?

Ok here's a bit of a story, I pre-ordered this guy from a certain un-certain retailer and seeing as I don't have him yet there is a strong chance I'm getting shafted, so I'm gonna chase after another soundwave, but if the qc issues are that bad the next set of questions may better help in deciding to keep him AFTER he comes

>should I get a cheap mp soundblaster or track down the takara reissue

Thinking of getting him in his place just because I get a unique cassette buddy and I can get him cheaper than the takara reissue (but only barely), but it won't be new (which I can get the takara reissue) and the fact he's a hardly shown character from the headmasters so won't be as much love behind him as the original, so my final question is

>what is the resale value on mp soundblaster

If my hasbro mp soundwave comes somehow I'll be ditching whoever the stand in is, I managed to sell my old YOTG one fairly easily but what about an uncommon repaint?
>>
>>6320434
>>6320435
Ah why thank you

>>6320433
Now that I know who Gong is it would have to be the legends class seeing how we had that LG-EX set and selling 2 heads for that price is odd, a legends and a head seems about right
>>
>>6320414
Something's weird. Hasbro Repugnus is a TM vehicle. Are they only including Repugnus' head without the fly-armor in the Gong pack?
>>
>>6320450
Most likely yes, they didn't give apeface his gorrilajet, nor any of the others their ones.
>>
>>6320458
>they didn't give apeface his gorrilajet, nor any of the others their ones
True, but that's because at the time, they were including the vehicles with the Deluxes. Since they're not doing that this time around, thanks to the inclusion of actual Targetmasters, I wonder if they will include them with the legends class and just jack the price up a bit?
>>
>>6320465
They'll probably still give the deluxes vehicles, just the ones that historically aren't targetmasters.
>>
>>6320465
>I wonder if they will include them with the legends class and just jack the price up a bit?

Don't give them ideas anon.

I suspect we might just get another legends ex pack with whatever vehicles we're missing, I just find it odd seeing how scourge and blurr were target masters but never got this treatment.

Must be a late development
>>
>>6320447
???
I haven't seen any loud complaints about the Hasbro reissue having any more problems than a typical MP release. The only problem I found with mine is that Ravage has a bum rear leg.

Also, mine showed up literally 6 months ago, so friend you best start trying to get your money back and grab one from another retailer.
>>
>>6320465
>>6320468
Its a weird balance, takara gets complete targetmasters, hasbro complete chibi repugnus, fangry, apeface, swoop and grimlock, not sure if shuffler, ramhorn and lione count too.
>>
>>6320479
Well aside from the odd post here I've only seen that retronow youtube channel struggle to transform his hasbro reissue which was amusing.

You think my missing soundwave is bad I'm STILL waiting on an mp optimus primal, I'm so mad I've become numb
>>
>>6320486
Yeah. I'll take the Targetmasters, though. As fun as a couple of the Titanmaster sets have been, I'm a sucker for a proper Targetmaster. I'm surprised they're such a seldom-utilized part of the franchise. They're and awesome concept, they add play value, and they won't trigger G1 purists nearly as much.
>>
File: IMG_3710.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_3710.jpg
1B, 486x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZhsL3vV8M
>>
>>6320486
they're done all the time. Some minicons in Armada, all minicons in RID
>>
File: triggeredhappy.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
triggeredhappy.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>new legends trigger happy

How would you react if they changed his head to the g1 toy ie with the mouth over the mouthplate?

Note that it wouldn't be the first time takara has stepped out of the animation accuracy approach
>>
>>6320101
No it doesn't. I mean, it IS hollow, but it doesn't look it. You sir, are a purveyor of blatant falsehoods.
>>
File: 14.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
14.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320336
>dat spiky dick glans
>>
>>6320507
>with the mouth over the mouthplate
You mean, just "having a mouth"? I'd be for it, because it means they would also give him a visor, and visible mouth + visor is the most excellent Transformers face configuration.
>>
>>6320507
they won't. However I bet they will give him his TM.
>>
>>6320543
considering kup got a new face its a possibility.

We had legends ultra magnus do his g1 toy colors and UW grand galvatron reference his original g1 toy colors.

The target master is fact, and I for one welcome our takara overlords
>>
>>6320546
>considering kup got a new face its a possibility.
Kup got a new face for the same reason every Titanmaster before him did: they were toy accurate instead of cartoon. Ones that still worked either way, like Blurr, did not get new faces.
>>
>>6320546
>The target master is fact, and I for one welcome our takara overlords
Same. And speaking of Targetmasters, I'm stoked for MP Artfire at the end of the month. Surprisingly, mostly for his Targetmaster buddy. He looks excellent, and it also seems he has 3mm peg holes in his hands, which means you can give a gun to your gun.

My issue is I need to give him a new name. I know he's technically Nightstick, but to me Nightstick will always be rotten little Decepticon, and also a piece of police equipment. I figure Artfire's pal should have a more appropriate moniker, so I researched firefighting equipment and I'm thinking of calling him either:
>Deluge
>Driptorch
>Fognozzle
>>
>>6320273
That targetmaster looks cooler than Kup himself.

I love Targetmasters. My one gripe with MP Hot Rod is that they blew a great opportunity to give us a cool one.
>>
File: 2ImpulseBuys.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
2ImpulseBuys.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>went to Walmart
>shelves barren except for these
>impulse buy when I really shouldn't have because broke off my ass right now

So how'd I do? Never bought a RID-bot before either, hope he isn't shit.
>>
>>6320574
It's one of the better ones. Also, since you got BS, a thing I do with stickers is run tweezers along the panel lines and molded details that get covered by stickers, it looks better IMO
>>
File: Broadside1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Broadside1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320579

Yeah, his stickers are pretty janky after taking just one look. Everything else seems fine except for his legs though. Holy fuck, are they loose. I don't even know if I will be able to tighten them, because I'm not sure exactly what kind of joint is in his big red crotch or if I can get some floor polish in there. He holds his weight, and I like his bulk, but the legs are way looser than they should be.
>>
>>6320383
What did you pay? I've been eying them.
>>
>>6320592
I just pulled his stickers right off. I think he looks better without them except maybe the runway and I plan to repaint that anyway.

Soundwave is pretty cool. I just got him the other day and I like him a lot. He's like a cross between TFP and WfC.
>>
File: SoundwaveRID.jpg (217KB, 887x1085px) Image search: [Google]
SoundwaveRID.jpg
217KB, 887x1085px
>>6320592
>>6320579
>>6320605

Alright, I dripped some floor polish into Broadside's joints and worked them all around, gonna shelve him until tomorrow and hope that does the trick. Meanwhile, damn, this Soundwave is pretty good! All the joints are tight. Looks good, has good range of motion. And yeah, reminds me of the WFC/FoC Soundwave to boot. Pretty good!
>>
>>6320595
$150 for the set, shipped.
>>
I just want MPM Prime and Bee.
>>
>>6320500
Why they still make this shit!!!! Nobody likes those movies!!! They aren't even popular!! G1 it's mpre popular than this garbage!!!
>>
>>6320479
Mine has fucked up paint on the legs and face plate
>>
>>6320634
Oh,you're one of them...
>>
Has anyone seen the Legion-class TLK Megatron?

Three size classes, three great figures, one line. Can any other Transformer boast that?
>>
>>6320637
I love u. Lol

>>6320642
No

>>6320631
Me too
>>
>>6320631
>>6320652
Me too three
>>
>>6320336
Looks like a megazord.
>>
>>6320634
>Triggered.jpg
>>
>>6320642
Megatron is truly having his revenge. I'll probably get the leader, if only for the faceplate. I wish the voyager had it but what can ya do.
>>
>>6320614
I love his lightpiping especially. It's very effective. I have him in front of my monitor and he just stands there glowing at me. Menacingly.
>>
>>6320418
>Really not a fan of his gray plastic.

But Triggerhappy is blue and gray. Would you rather he be molded in all blue then have gray slathered on? What purpose would that serve?
>>
File: SoundwaveRID2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SoundwaveRID2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320678

Yeah, he is pretty neat. I like the bulkyness of it all
Shame I'm not going to be able to fool around with Broadside until tomorrow, though.

>>6320418
>I used to think the face sculpt for Hasbro Kup was garbage until some anon took a really good picture of him.

Thanks!
>>
How's the TR astrotrain? The shuttle looks slick but I'm worried the train mode might end up being wonky.
>>
>>6320702
Because it's CHEAP-LOOKING gray plastic. You do realize plastic has different levels of quality, right? Right?

Takara will use a lighter gray, possible closer to white, because that's what he had in the cartoon. At the very least, it won't be the tacky, swirly stuff that we see on most Hasbro retail releases.
>>
>>6320614
Damn, he looks pretty good. I couldn't decide between him or the new TLK voyager Prime today.

Ended up getting neither, but I'll be back up there soon, anyone got advice on which one to get? Both look pretty nice from what I've seen.
>>
File: Astrotrain2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Astrotrain2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320767

I love'em. Head connector when I got him was super tight though. Downsides are he might be a little loose in the knees, it's a common problem with him and Sentinel (mold degredation? off tolerances? Your guess is as good as mine), his peg holes are a little loose for his guns on the middle wing (where I have them in the pic), and his feet are painted since his feet are also the train engines AND the shuttle front. So you might want to be careful when it comes to that, don't drag his feet.
>>
File: r_offshoot-013.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
r_offshoot-013.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320564
Would the new MP Hot Rod be able to hold the Targetmaster that came with the old Hasbro release? the handle looks a little wonky, but it might work, especially if all it needs is to be shaved down or something... I might hunt one down on ebay...
>>
File: ALLABOARDTHEPARTYVAN.jpg (270KB, 1498x815px) Image search: [Google]
ALLABOARDTHEPARTYVAN.jpg
270KB, 1498x815px
>>
>>6320558
I canceled my Artfire order. Just couldn't stand the awful stickers. Which is pretty bad considering what a wreck his color scheme was without them.
>>
>>6320789

I passed on Astrotrain and now he's gone :/
>>
>>6320848
>don't like his stickers
>don't like his color scheme, even without them
>preorders anyway
Ok. And they're probably tampographs. But if they aren't you could either peel them off easily, or just not apply them if they give you the sheet. But then as you said, you don't even like his color scheme... so I'm not sure what you expected.
>>
File: 1408106509708.png (1B, 486x500px)
1408106509708.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6320642
Four size classes. He's also getting a TRU-exclusive retool of the T30 Megatron, and while it's not an original mold it's also great.
>>
>>6320774
I have hasbro triggerhappy and the gray is fine, no swirls or anything. Also the qc on hasbro triggerhappy us the best I have had in a transformers toy in years, don't be a cuckara, and get hasBRO triggerhappy while you can.
>>
>>6320850

You can probably still find him online, I'd bet.
>>
>>6320868
I get the color scheme, it's legacy thing, the stickers were just over the top tacky. The more I looked at it and the $145 price, the less I decided I needed it. Besides, a complete MP set went out the window with Loud Pedal anyway. God Tracks is such a shit mold.
>>
>>6320850
Really? He's clogging shelves at my local Wal-Marts and Targets.
>>
Pretty much anybody but red Mirage and Stepper will have to be fucking incredible to push me past S1/S2 cars at this point.
>>
>>6320871
>don't be a cuckara, and get hasBRO triggerhappy while you can
>don't wait and buy the same toy with better quality and a fucking targetmaster, but the plain jane version now!
Why, though? I've bought Hasbro releases of the TR line, and I end up liking the mold and splurging on the Takara versions which are, in my opinion, better in just about every way. Effectively all I did was waste an extra 20 bucks on the Hasbro version, so now I'm just waiting for Takara from here on out.
>the gray is fine, no swirls or anything
I've seen it in pictures and in stores. It might be fine for you, but I'm not impressed. It's the same reason I've never bought an MP grimlock or an MP Starscream. It just looks cheap.

>>6320880
>God Tracks is such a shit mold.
I still don't understand the awful hatred the mold gets. I really like it. Yeah it's got a few flaws, but I don't think any of them detract from the overall awesomeness of the package, and the utter sexiness in both modes. I picked up Loud Pedal and ended up liking him even more than Tracks despite being a literally who. One of my favorite MPs, actually.
>>
>>6320889
The tiny slipping ratchets in the elbows and knees for starters. The way the head sits is a problem too. That whole upper assembly is flaky. But it's mostly the elbows and knees.

Plus, and here's my S1 bias showing, I never liked Tracks. At all. Not the character, not the original toy. So buying 3 versions, so close together, was a no go.
>>
File: 5512.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
5512.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6320898
>Here's my S1 bias showing
Uh oh. Pretty soon even geewunners will be splintering into their own sects and starting flamewars over which season is best.
>I never liked Tracks. At all. Not the character, not the original toy.
Really? I never owned any of the bigger G1 toys (and I wasn't too big a fan of the show really, I just had some mini bots), but looking back I've always thought Tracks was one of the best-looking G1 toys, hands down. If I ever decided to collect G1, he would be the first I would pick up.

On the MP, the only problem I really agree with you on is the ratchets. I did have to take mine apart and make a wedge for one of the ratchets to tighten it up, but at the cost of the toy I shouldn't have had to. And the ratchets don't make any sense anyway. All they do is limit the articulation. However, The range of motion on the ankles almost entirely makes up for it. The mold can pull off some really great stances, and I love the slender build, which makes it unique among all the other car bots.
>>
Should I buy one of these now that they're depreceating to ~70€? I know the engineering was awful even for its era but MP1 is still my personal favorite Masterpiece and he looks really lonely without his Decepticon leader counterpart scaled up next to him. [spoiler]Also, the newer MP Megatron will be in front of him on my display, to cover up those fucking awful chicken legs from the hip and below.[/spoiler]

I've read he has a shitload of QC issues, what should I be looking out for?
>>
>>6320889
>I still don't understand the awful hatred the mold gets
>Yeah it's got a few flaws, but I don't think any of them detract from the overall awesomeness of the package
That's precisely the issue anon, he's got numerous noticeable flaws despite being an all around good figure, while the three previous Masterpiece car bots (Sideswipe, Prowl and Wheeljack) were basically all near perfect molds. Tracks is not a bad toy at all but he pales in comparison to his legacy.
>>
>>6320989
Nah, just wait for the 30 dollar KO MP-36
>>
>>6321010
Is that the oversized one? Is it on the scale of the MP1?
>>
>>6320876
what are those effect parts and are they cheap?
>>
>>6320414
TAKARA
WINS
AGAIN

>Hasbrofags will defend their targetmaster characters not coming with targetmasters
>>
>>6321020

Tamashii Effects Explosion. Mine are bootlegs off eBay though, since the official ones I couldn't find for a decent price. Theres 3 explosions, and then they form together into one sentai-esque explosion if you have a stand for'em.
>>
>>6321026
The more heinous thing is defending all HeadMasters all the time. It's just not a particularly good gimmick, let alone one that should be thrust upon characters it doesn't fit. I'm pretty irritated we'll never get a good Classics Perceptor or Soundwave.
>>
>>6320774
>Because it's CHEAP-LOOKING gray plastic. You do realize plastic has different levels of quality, right? Right?

Quality in terms of strength and flexibility, sure, but those are things that actually matter in regards to its quality. Claiming it looks cheap based on what shade of gray it is, when the thing you're comparing it to is otherwise made from the exact same material in the exact same factories? You're not comparing paper plates with fine china, here, you're comparing paper plates with other fucking paper plates. It ALL looks cheap, and trying to pin one as being somehow cheaper looking than the other when they all come out of the same third-world shithole factories is fucking stupid.
>>
>>6321034
Or Ironhide or Shockwave or Dinobots for that matter. Premovie G1 doesn't have that big a cast. It should've taken 2-3 years tops, not 11 and counting.
>>
>>6321034

The Generations line is currently under the status quo of "every line a gimmick". You're a bit retarded if, after the success of CW, you didn't see this coming and realize everything was going to be a headmaster in the same way everything in CW (except for Megs, the Seeker remold of whatsisname, and Ultra Magnus) was a combiner, part of one, or became a weapon for one.
>>
>>6321044
I didn't say I didn't see it coming, I said I didn't like it.
>>
>>6321041
Blame the past team for kowtowing to the movie lines. The G1 reboot lines are is such a mess that I don't think we'll ever get it right while making everyone happy. You start getting a few updates and then the older updates look out of place, and so on, and so on.
>>
Any good titanmaster heads that would go good with TR Kup?
>>
>>6321060
And I'm glad they're being produced with shit plastic by shit Vietnamese and priced so high your allowance doesn't cover them.
>>
>>6320989
MP05 is an interesting figure that's almost worth owning just because of how weird and bad it is.

If you can get him with minimal hassle and for cheap I'd kind of recommend him in a b-movie sort of way. Just don't expect a good toy or figure out of MP05 in pretty much any way.
>>
>>6321076
For all of the squealing of what an innovative (repeat of a 1987) gimmick it is and how it's so interchangeable, you NEVER see anybody actually swap the heads around. Why? Because Hasbro never explicitly shows people what combinations to use aside from the combos as packaged. If Hascucks are anything, it's unimaginative. They're like middle-aged housewives who buy an exercise bike and then just hang clothes on it.

Even Combiner Wars, with the deliberate Scramble City gimmick, rarely saw any new configuration unless Takara or Hasbro explicitly showed people what sets to build. That's where the outrage over the 2 Autobot waves, new guys, Cyclonus, etc really comes from. They literally don't know what to do because nobody's laid out explicity instructions for them.
>>
File: 1471006563048.png (62KB, 244x216px) Image search: [Google]
1471006563048.png
62KB, 244x216px
>>6321083
>Even the original CHUG figures with their "modern" designs are dated now.
I would take the 2007 Classics over CWs any day.
>>
>>6321116
Some of them are still pretty cool. He's definitely "dated", but I still like Classics Hot Rod over the new TR Hot Rod for example.
>>
>>6321125
So do I, actually. The design was incredibly blocky in comparison and playing with it feels awfully stiff at times but the paintjob is consistently good and at the very least they got the shoulders right.

As a matter of fact, imho I don't think any of the "updated versions" of older toys is better than the originals, considering how most of them are just repaints over CW molds. The 2006 version of Voyager Prime is still my CHUG Prime of choice, the design is aesthetically wonderful.
>>
File: IMG_0005.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0005.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Is anyone else nervous about the rumored gimmick for Power of the Primes? Some sort of toys-to-life computer game interface with trading cards? I hope we can safely ignore whatever it is if that's the case, but of true it would be a real wet fart coming on the heels of CW and TR.
>>
>>6321138
Sounds like a pretty jarring shift in gears. I doubt they'll do that, but who knows.
>>
>>6321138
The fact that it's supposed to be some new and never before done gimmick makes me concerned that it'll be some weird and contrived bullshit.
>>
>>6321138
That sounds good, actually. Hopefully it means it will just be some scannable thing that doesn't interfere on the actual engineering of the toys like CWs and TRs did.
>>
>>6321138
Not really. I bought into CW because I love combiners. I've bought three Titan figures and wasn't really that impressed. Good toys but I just wasn't into it as much as CW had me wanting to compete teams.

I'm more focused on MP and the occasional
>>
File: just dont do it.jpg (96KB, 709x522px) Image search: [Google]
just dont do it.jpg
96KB, 709x522px
>>6321125
I was a little disappointed by TR Hot Rod, yeah. His arms are dangly and his head doesn't tilt much. Got him lounging like a smug motherfucker though, so I at least don't regret the purchase.

>Reading all this shitposting while watching the original G1 show
I'm on Secret of Omega Supreme now. I bet he was a bear of a figure. It's also neat to see what elements of the old show made it into the current comics run, like everyone being a dick to Cosmos.
>>
>>6321145

Isn't that what this weird chest symbol sticker is on the RID things?
>>
>>6321170
Basically, yes. If it's something as rudimentar and unobtrusive as that then I will not care too much, to be honest.
>>
>>6321044
CW at least DID all the 5 man vehicle based combiner teams. In TR 80% of the line has nothing to do with the original headmaster characters.

>>6321060
No, the gimmick is shit. The only thing that comes from the """""customization""""" is shitty looking mismatched heads that don't fit their bodies at all. And there are umpteen ways they could have kept the play pattern without literally turning every toy into a headmaster. The legends class figures already do it in more creative ways than 80% of the line. Imagine how much shittier the CW leader class toys would have been too if they forced combiner shit into them.
>>
File: TF4_Optimus01_Josh_Nizzi.jpg (195KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TF4_Optimus01_Josh_Nizzi.jpg
195KB, 838x1200px
>>6320642
It has to do with how he has a Cybertronian alt mode. Unlike knight Optimus Prime. Two movies and he still doesn't have a good transforming toy.
>>
>>
>>6321226
And it'll more than likely never happen unless some 3P decides to make another micro-engineered inside-out transformer like that 3P Lockdown

AoE/TLK prime is just a retarded design that doesn't even have any hint of being a transforming robot.
>>
>>6321235
this is fine
>>
File: ThisIsFine.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ThisIsFine.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321244
>>
>>6321243
Honestly I kinda dig the AOE/TLK Prime design. It's just a shame that design doesn't fully translate well into a fully converting figure
>>
>>6321243
It's why I love the first few movies looks. They looked like they turned into stuff.
>>
>>6321261
There's really nothing wrong with the robot design by itself, it's just a terrible design for something that needs to transform into a truck.
>>
>>6320989
If you're that curious get him but at the cheapest price, here are the issues I have with mine.

>"cosmic rust", all diecast sections go brown but don't deteriorate, can be fixed but needs to be sealed
>joints can be loose especially the feet because ball joints holing metal toes is stupid
>likes to come apart because alot of sections are on ball joints
>his own limbs are too heavy to support anything so if you want to pose the fusion cannon its straight ahead or straight down
>the diecast spine can scratch him the fuck up without caution

I actually found an mp-01 just to match up with him just for the hell of it, I admit I have a bias for bad figures (such as universe galvatron) but the best part is the gun mode

>>6321019
Its by the guys who made mpp10 pic related but its more an OC design, they'll scale well as a result but he ain't an mp36 rip off
>>
File: Optimus Prime Transformation.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime Transformation.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>6321292
>>6321281

I'm rather glad that Optimus Prime's alt mode only appeared once on set during TLK's production.
>>
>>6321292
If I recall during production every piece was set so it went somewhere.

Rather, its making a TOY representation of this is stupid, with many of the store bought stuff outright cheating designs (they could of made concessions so toys could somewhat replicate their on screen counterparts better) and even mp's can only go so far (mp movie bee's plate on his crotch is a fake).

So far only movie optimus in his rotf form has come close to being screen accurate
>>
File: IMG_0160.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0160.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Brawn is neato.
>>
File: IMG_0170.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0170.jpg
1B, 486x500px
The TM gun can be equipped like a fusion cannon. His elbows are actually tight enough to hold it up as a regular gun, too... for now.
>>
>>6321034
It honestly didn't have too negative effect on Blaster or Soundwave. You can ignore their base modes, and their actual headmasters are concealed pretty well.
>>
File: 20170113_154309.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170113_154309.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321377
The best part about having the two is that you can stick Brawl into Brawl.
>>
>>6321395
>make a giant mech-suit of yourself
>still a midget
>>
>>6321395
That's BrawN, not BrawL.

Brawl is the tank combaticon. Brawn is the strongman Autobot.
>>
File: 20170508_191159.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170508_191159.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321414
Dang, you caught me.
>>
>>6320886
It's all Alpha Trion here.

>>6320876
Yeah, he's like $30 on Amazon, I've been considering it. I was going to skip him but now Blitzwing and Octone.

I have problems...
>>
>>6321422
What's going on with how you got the shield on like that?
>>
File: 20170503_221108.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170503_221108.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321466
Custom handle
>>
Decided to buy a DOTM Thundercracker even though I already have a Starscream somewhere. I've become a monster.

I fucking love that figure and the movie Seeker design. I wish Starscream survived, or at least the other Seekers were around. He was a wasted character, really.

>>6321422
At least Asshole Cop is back.
>>
File: mp seeker hell.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
mp seeker hell.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321482
>Decided to buy a DOTM Thundercracker even though I already have a Starscream somewhere. I've become a monster

Meanwhile I'm becoming very close to imitating this
>>
>>6321484
Fair. I forgot for a moment the absurdity behind a lot of Seeker collecting.
>>
>>6321489
Tell me about it, I'm one of them.

>trying to collect entire hasbro mp seeker mp-11 molds+takara's coneheads
>have one of each deluxe classics seeker but a mix and match of hasbro and takara for prices
>trying to get 3 of the rid warrior seekers
>considered DOTM deluxe seekers but declined due to skywarp's absurd prices
>trying to steer myself away from WFC seekers because skywarp, again has deco issues, one for the majority of the group or just individually

Once I get mp dirge that's it, any new molds, takara, hasbro, or 3p (despite a better one coming damn soon) will be ignored.

But can you imagine if the seekers were made literally today and not only given color differences but mold changes, it would of set the bar higher than idw's approach of giving them 3 generations of bodies with starscream using his armada form, it would of made them more interesting
>>
>>6321493
I've almost fallen to the seeker collection, but only succumbed to having one whole set of the iconic trio, from the Cybertron games. I would've almost bought a trio from the TF2007 days but Thundercracker having the odd head sculpt out of Skywarp and Starscream just doesn't work for me.
>>
File: test.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
test.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Found this.

Google translate leads me to believe something about it being a ko or a factory reject, but I'm more curious about the markings.

They don't look like stickers and if they are they been applied at the factory.

Thoughts on mp37?
>>
>>6321536
I've spent so long staring at various pictures of Artfire that I've come to the conclusion that the details are tampographed on. If he comes with sticker sheets or something I'll be surprised.

I think he looks really damn neat and I'm looking forward to putting him next to Grapple and Inferno
>>
File: 20170510_135646.jpg (835KB, 1047x1500px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_135646.jpg
835KB, 1047x1500px
I can't believe Thew meme'd me into buying this mold. Man, it's a bit of a gyp.

Fuck having all triple changers, I think I'd rather skip Octanus Prime and plunk down the extra cash for SkyShadow.
>>
>>6321543
>that stress mark right above the left elbow
Those Vietnamese factories are something else.
>>
>>6321543
>thew
>titans return blitzwing

I see no indication he has it, he has megatronia...were you influenced by the megatron review?

If anything that one put me off it more and where I am just got wave 3 in.
>>
>>6321543
>stickers are already falling off

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP BUYING THIS SHIT FOR YOU KNOW IF ITS GOT STICKERS ITS GONNA COME OFF
>>
File: test.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
test.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Someone fill me in, why the reissue of cosmos?

Couldn't they retool him for TM compatibility?
>>
>>6320634
Oh shut the fuck up. I hate the bayverse too but I realize that it's one of the largest sources of revenue for the franchise. It's a necessary evil.
>>
>>6321551
cause TR is having all the minibots as legends
Bumblebee, Wheelie, Brawn, Seaspray, but Cosmos is what basically caused them to do it. He was very popular, and they got a remold of him as scrounge too. He's a little old, being about 3 1/2 years old, sure, but he was considered a gem of the thrilling 30.
But a retool to give him a cockpit that Titan Masters can fit in? Pretty much impossible. The cockpit would be his chest. They'd have to re-engineer the whole thing.
Besides, the insecticons were spread over multiple lines too, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't end up seeing a gift set with JUST minibots and insecticons.
>>
>>6321226
But movie Megs has had Cybertronian altmodes before and they've been garbage toys
>>
>>6321543
I am really tempted on picking this up but I already have the generations one which I'm thoroughly satisfied with. Someone, please convince me not to spend money on this.
>>
>>6321551
Wish they would have reissued goddamn Gears. NEVER saw him in a store and he goes for an astronomical price on Ebay now.
>>
>>6321562
>But a retool to give him a cockpit that Titan Masters can fit in? Pretty much impossible. The cockpit would be his chest. They'd have to re-engineer the whole thing

...not even foot pegs?

Just adding in plastic dimples wouldn't of hurt them that much could it, it would be a token thing for TR but least integrates the toy better into the line gimmick
>>
>>6321566
STICKERS YOU FOOL, FUCKING STICKERS
>>
File: autismo takes the cuckrod.jpg (91KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
autismo takes the cuckrod.jpg
91KB, 960x720px
I heard from a random source mp36 is getting a reissue in december, true or false?

And where did my said source hear this I wonder?
>>
>>6321574
>reissue before a toy color version

do no
>>
>>6321574
Sweet. I was worried I wouldn't get to spend my $200 on something that's most definitely not worth $200.
>>
>>6321563

>But movie Megs has had Cybertronian altmodes before and they've been garbage toys

ROTF voyager megs is pretty cool.
>>
>>6321585
...isnt that the leader class megs in that shot?
>>
>>6321585
It's much better than his movie 1 toy, but you have to admit it suffers from a lot of the trademark problems of a Cybertron altmode - whereas, if anything, TLK Megs only suffers from standard jetformer problems and he's probably in the better half of those too.

Speaking of, I dug up my T30 Megatron which I had never transformed because I got one with hips and a shoulder pin that were stress marked to fuck. Resigning myself to 'If I transform it and it breaks, it breaks' I gave it a go and holy moley is this a nice bomber mode.
>>
>>6321586
Yes
>>
>>6321571
I haven't purchased a TR figure with stickers yet so I don't know how bad they really are.
>>
>>6321594
Only TR stickerbot I have is Rewind. Of course, his stickers actually have designed indentations.
>>
>>6321551

crack open that Seaspray up man.
>>
>>6321547
>stressmark

i dont see a stressmark
>>
>>6320112
>toys from 30 years ago aren't as detailed in sculpting as toys made now

Shock
>>
>>6321619
Left shoulder
>>
>>6321625
ooooh that teeny tiny one, aint no problem famalam
>>
>>6321625
That's not the shoulder.
>>
File: Sad Batman.jpg (6KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Batman.jpg
6KB, 242x208px
>>6321547
you tell me about that;
>buy Voyager TLK OP day 1 seeing it on store
>transforming him to truck
>when rotating his left thigh, a mysterious round piece suddenly fall off.
>after checking thoroughly, it turns out that the left thigh swivel joint cracked in half of its round top
>What the flying fuck ?!
I can take it if it broke because I'm hamhanding when transforming him, but for that piece to crack in such unusual place it was clearly a case of bad quality plastic.
>>
>>6321644
It's annoying. It doesn't dissuade me from buying a figure I really want, but for the ones that I just kinda want, I always just pass on them now because I don't wanna bother checking my QC luck.
>>
>>6321543
God damn that face paint is thick.
>>
File: THICK.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
THICK.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321671
>>
>>6321536
I want him inside me. I almost wish I had skipped Grapple. Almost.
>>
>>6321551
We just need Huffer, Beachcomber and Pipes.
>>
>>
>>6321705
>Huffer and Pipes
>>
File: 7qjNDl.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
7qjNDl.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: 69jXa9.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
69jXa9.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: YDoNQE.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
YDoNQE.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: BrjAaQ.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
BrjAaQ.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: BrjAOQ.jpg (324KB, 1614x1123px) Image search: [Google]
BrjAOQ.jpg
324KB, 1614x1123px
n-nani???
>>
>>6321748
Either time travel/paradox or they are ignoring the excuse of continuity the movies have, again.
>>
File: TF08g.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
TF08g.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321737
>has literally not had a single toy since G1
>finally gets one
>it's a repaint of Optimus Prime
>with Huffer's head
It's okay, Pipes. Your suffering is over. Forever.
>>
File: jf.jpg (112KB, 837x471px) Image search: [Google]
jf.jpg
112KB, 837x471px
Dug up this dinky ROTF Jetfire this morning. Why is this size class so fun?
>>
File: ROTF_Ironhide_vs_Buffalo.jpg (60KB, 850x360px) Image search: [Google]
ROTF_Ironhide_vs_Buffalo.jpg
60KB, 850x360px
>>6321752
more likely it's 'not ironhide' like how we had a bunch of murdered deceptions from the first film show up as grunts in second
>>
>>6321759
ow the edge
>>
>>6321551
>reissue a toy with less accessories for a higher price

Hasbrofags will defend this.
>>
>>6321736
What's up with that?
>>
>>6321744
>>6321748

Either they're just saying fuck it to continuity, or these are just dumbass pictures they made for marketing using existing transformer models, because fuck it.
>>
Anyone notice that the TLK figures don't peg together so great?

I only have Optimus and Barricade, and I love them, but Optimus' roof and Barricade's front wheel panels just do not want to stay pegged.

Anyone come up with any fixes?
>>
>>6321574
>can't even do the scene right out of fear of scratching all that paint.

I will never understand why any one bought that pos.
>>
>>6321744
>>6321746
>>6321748
>>6321783
i think its the same marketing stuff like in AOE
>>
>>6321780
Still cheaper than a loose gen, it was hard to find back then.
>>
>>6321783
Well Hound is plausible and Bee is already canon, plus the knights tapestry works.
>>
>>6321792
>>
>>6321792
Surprisingly more than AoE. IV were a bunch of posters. This one's comprised of two trailers and HD pics.
>>
File: Undercover Cop.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Undercover Cop.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321786
The left arm's shoulder panel has issues tabbing in securely on my Barricade. I still can't isolate what's in the way.
>>
>>6321551

I think the Cosmos reissue fixed the issue of his head paint scratching off from just transforming.
>>
>>6321809
It does, the head is now molded in red plastic.
>>
File: C_bDGNUV0AAW6CH.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
C_bDGNUV0AAW6CH.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Murderbee Poster
>>
>>6321799
At least it's not just me. If you come up with a fix, let me know? I'm thinking of either shaving down the peg or the hole, but I'm not sure which end is the problem so I'm afraid of fucking it up.
>>
>>6321817
I just... I don't know what to make of these. I'm hoping they're just marketing, but they're in the trailers... It's just odd as fuck.
>>
>>6321826
Technically only Bumblebee's been confirmed to be "from the past". Everyone else and it might as well be just promos.
>>
>>6321817
See, that looks rad as fuck. Why couldn't we get that instead of a billion bees?
>>
>>6321832
Yellow's a friendly color to sell as a child-appeal.
>>
>>6321768
All the best legions have really weird and gangly proportions, it's great
>>
>>6321737
Christ, I hope we see proper Huffer and Pipes in 20XX.
>>
>>6321817
I hope thats the Voyager.
>>
>>6321746
>>6321817
I need dapper Tank and WWII Bee.
>>
>>6320094
>>6320101
>>6320112
>>6320104

The original is higher quality though and doesn't have that cheap nu-Transformers construction
>>
>>6321896
Too bad that's the Platinum reissue.
>>
>>6321896
The original is still nice, but too small and wasted lots of space, the new has way more space to interact with small figures on all 3 modes, nice thing is you don't have too choose and have both.
>>
>>6321786
Part of that seems to be because the transformations all pretty much just involve shoving the robot bits into as tight of a form and you can and then pegging a bunch of thin, tiny panels around it all and hoping there's enough room.

Though I will say I don't have much problem with Prime or Barricade anymore as I've kinda gotten the hang of what to do with them, but Berserker seems to be made of explodium. Is there any way to get his legs together in vehicle mode without just offsetting them to interlock the toes, causing his wheels to not sit even?
>>
>>6321817
That god damn better be the Voyager Bee we're getting.
>>
>>6321896
It's really a shame that the advent of more durable and resilient plastics allowing toys to become less chunky and a lot lighter only resulted in making the toys seem a lot cheaper.

I'd wager that a G1 tryp in its era cost about the same amount to make as the TR Tryp coming out.
>>
So I just checked out the TF section at my Walmart and the pegs are full of Wave 4, I'm getting all of them eventually, but I'm getting 1 today and I'm torn between Topspin, Kup, and Perceptor. Help me decide /tfg/, por favor.
>>
>>6321931
They're all pretty good.

Of the three, I'd say Kup probably has the most interesting engineering while Perceptor is the neatest toy in general.
>>
>>6321935
After further deliberation I was leaning towards either Topspin or Perceptor, so Perceptor it is.
>>
>>6321737

Yeah, no.

Thats dumb. You'd be better off with Cybertron Amorhide
>>
>>6321551

> More new shit I will never see in stores or fine online for non rape pricing

I'm fucking done with this line, maybe even this hobby....
>>
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-legends-titan-master-clouder-doubledealer-confirmed/38067/

Did takara win?
>>
>>6321949
Hasbro might release it with a chibi bird pet/jet to later repaint as Snapdragon.
>>
File: 1211058931995055616_1395287116.jpg (188KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1211058931995055616_1395287116.jpg
188KB, 1080x1080px
>>6321940
Everyone should just get him anyway. I love this goofy little bot.
>>
>>6321940
Armorhide has the same non-mouthpate face, non has pipe arms but at least the prime repaint has better articulation.
>>
>>6321949
>turning a non-headmaster into headmaster
>winning

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>6321956

I really dig the black repaint aka Nemesis Huffer.

>>6321958

Yeah but I feel like the block shape of his body is more in the style of what makes Huffer/Pipes who they are. The newer ones have those weird wide shoulders and flat chest area,
>>
>>6321956
seeing toys posed in sand triggers some sort of deep ptsd in my soul.

So, so many rusty and dirty toys in my youth...
>>
File: 20170510_213246.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170510_213246.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Out of boredom i dissected a rid minicon ratbat, so here's that if anyone is interested
>>
File: Perceptor3.jpg (1MB, 2013x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Perceptor3.jpg
1MB, 2013x1483px
>>6321931
>but I'm getting 1 today and I'm torn between Topspin, Kup, and Perceptor. Help me decide /tfg/, por favor

They're all good, honestly. Snatch'em up while you can.
>>
>>6321985

> These parts cost like 50 cents each
>>
>>6321931
Get Topspin first then Perceptor, leave Kup or get him last.
>>
>>6321949
It's just a TM head.
>>
>>6321931
don't get kup unless you're buying the superior takara version.
>>
>>6322040
Takara may be more accurate but fuck it, I think US Kup's colors are beautiful on a standalone basis and I'm buying him.
>>
>>6321931

If I were buying one, it would be Topspin, but then I have the old Kup and Perceptor which are mostly ok.
>>
>>6321931
>>6322005

Definitely get Topspin and Perceptor.
>>
File: Broadside2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Broadside2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Got my futureshine'd up Broadside ready now. It fixed his legs more or less. They're not leagues tighter, but now they're satisfactory. And I've gotta say, for something that essentially transforms into a big grey plank, he makes a pretty good big grey plank. He really should've been molded in this lighter grey rather than painted grey, though. Just putting the Aerialbots on the pegs stripped the grey paint off of'em.

Seriously love the non-standard transformers though. Perceptor, Broadside, Kup, etc. Don't get me wrong, car/truck/plane bots are all good, but theres just SO MANY of them compared to more unique offerings like this kind of stuff.
>>
File: Kup6.jpg (271KB, 1335x889px) Image search: [Google]
Kup6.jpg
271KB, 1335x889px
>>6322046
>I think US Kup's colors are beautiful

Me too. Only complaint is they could've done some grey or yellow on the arms themselves other than the shoulders, just to break it up a bit. Also the face is a lot better than people give it credit for. I think they really did a good job of nailing an angry old man robot face.
>>
>>6321737
>>
>>6322007
i payed €2,98 for it, so it´s not a loss really
>>
File: Broadside3.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Broadside3.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322085

Jet mode is...Well, it's not great, thats for sure. Makes a much better floating plank than a flying jet. But fanmoding him does make him look a shitton better from every angle other than directly above, where you can see the big-ass gap between the legs. Still, better a gap and a more cohesive looking plane mode, than whatever the fuck the plane mode is normally supposed to be.

Plus Gen. Windblade has kind of a gap in her plane mode as well, and I am sort of fond of her jet mode too despite her toy being kind of shit.
>>
>>6322121
The fact that they were so close to decent jet mode honestly makes me wonder if there was some weird fuckery during development. Like some reason they weren't allowed to do it that way. If his arms could just tab into his legs like that to hold them steady it would be fine.

Also I don't know why all his fins are backwards. Just wtf?
>>
>>6322125
I think they just didn't want the transformation to just be "lay it flat on one side for jet, lay it flat on the other for carrier, stand it up for bot" like the G1 toy, so they decided to have the legs fold in for no reason even though that makes it look bad.
>>
File: Broadside4.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Broadside4.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322125

Something kind of went weird with Broadside, yeah that much is certain. Floating plank mode and robot mode are fine, but the jet mode is pretty rank no matter how you look at it. Fanmoding it adds a bit of charm to the flying brick, but they clearly could've done better if they tried. Maybe the budget ran thin? I have no idea. It's really funny seeing a Voyager being the one where they skimp out, when the Deluxes and Legends in this line have, in general, been really damn nice outside of the QC issues.

>>6322134

Kind of funny that the answer to the shit jet mode then, is exactly that more or less: Lay him flat and boom, he looks passable from any angle other than directly above.
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0016.jpg
1B, 486x500px
And heres a directly above shot to show the gap. It's exactly what you expected. Still though, looks tons better than the weird, folded up brick.
>>
>>6321551

It looks like they fixed the deco to look more like the superior Takara version released a few years ago.
>>
>>6322137
Having to keep a cockpit limits the transformation, still better than the 3rd party option were only the jet mod is ok.
>>
File: 4102017175817.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
4102017175817.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322139
That picture is dope af. Great job.

I like his fan 4th mode: carrier space cruiser.
>>
I guess I lucked out and found skyshadow at a target the other day and he's pretty fun, but I just noticed the stickers on the wings. Is there something I can coat them with or something in advance so they won't peel?
>>
>>6322189
Clear acrylic paint, spray over it or just wait for reprolabels to release a set.
>>
I know this is more a question for /co/, but since it's broadside that reminded me, I figure I'll ask here. Has mass shifting ever been weaponized or used for anything other than weird scale justification? Like, Has the above ever switched out of jet mode and into aircraft carrier mode mid-air to super-slam some fucker? Or have bots ever pulled out all the mass they had stored for super modes?
>>
>>6322244
>switched out of jet mode and into aircraft carrier mode mid-air to super-slam some fucker

Literally what happens in one of the G1 episodes. Broadside switched to his carrier mode and slammed Devastator with it.
>>
>>6322244
I wanna say there's been at least one case of a tiny altmode mass changer exploding out of someone's body, but I can't even vaguely remember what it was.
>>
>>6322250
Not him, but I know what you mean. IDW Tarantulas shrunk and mass shifted inside Roadbusters head, killing him.
>>
>>6322248
haha, shit, didn't expect to call it that close.
>>6322250
The idea of mass shifting is one I would love to see played with more, since I don't ever think it's going to be a thing that ever goes away. The idea of a normal-sized bot manifesting a part of their oversized altmode as big fuckoff boxing gloves, or very large robots being forced to take on very small altmodes due to a bug in the systems regarding mass shifting has always seemed like a fun way to play with the idea.
>>6322252
Brutal, I like it. I should have expected that line of thinking from him.
>>
>>6322257
It's a shame it doesn't come up terribly often anymore. At times it just feels like a holdover from G1 toys when they happen to use those character, and they just avoid making new characters with that gimmick since it doesn't really convey in any way as a toy.
>>
>>6322257
IDW at least mentions that mass shifting takes a lot of energon, so many don't use it for that very reason. They've sort of been ignoring it in recent years, but that was a neat justification.
>>
>>6322252
>>6322257
>>
>>6321775
I'm pretty sure it was more blunt damage than edged damage.
>>
>>6321772
Well I can't blame them for reusing assets I didn't have a chance of remembering to begin with.
>>
>>6322271
Well saying "ow the blunt" makes you sound like a pothead who tried grabbing a blunt being passed and burning his fingers by grabbing the lit end.
>>
>>6322265
>This is why Atomic Robo hates bugs so much
>>
>>6320366
>not only can you combine them into gestalt robots, but also into different weapon combinations thanks to the 5mm pegs and ports
GUNBINERS
>>
>>6322265
holy shit
yes, more
>>6322263
huh, fair enough. That justification though could also be used to good narrative effect I figure with the few that can do it, to emphasize how big a deal it is that they do it. I think I need to get into the IDW comics, I've been mostly avoiding them because as iconic as it is and as shameful as it is to admit, I just can't get into G1 on its own beyond the movie, but I keep seeing things to suggest that IDW might actually do things I like.
>>
File: DSC03060.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03060.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322212
Alright, I've been meaning to pick up some dullcote anyway. In related news, this guy is pretty... fun?
>>
File: DSC03077.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03077.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322300
>>
Still dunno how I feel about Fat Boys new toy.
>>
File: DSC03088.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03088.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322302
The head/face/helmet whatever is perfect. I love the eyes.
>>
>>6322300
>>6322302
I'm torn between him an Overlord.
>>
>>6322305
Still don't like his design but the toy looks magnificent.
>>
>>6322305
So far it seems to be pretty alright.

Also, I can't help but feel like the real transforming wheels were done as a fuck you to Wei Jiang.
>>
>>6322308
He's one of the new bots whose design I love. Maybe it's the fact it's a robot Goodman.
>>
>>6322299
At present, the war is over, many decepticons have turned their lives around, and Optimus is trying to establish a Cybertron colony on an earth where GI Joe, MASK, ROM Space Knight and the Micronauts exist.

Skywarp is working with GI Joe, Thundercracker is trying to be a screenwriter and has a pet dog he dotes over and a BFF lady he's trying to help out.
Starscream is president of Cybertron.
Rodimus is out exploring the galaxy with Megatron as co-captain of his space ship as part of Megs' sentence for his trial and they're stuck in an alternate universe after getting mutiny'd because it turns out palling around with Megs rustled some jimmies in the ranks.
Soundwave is trying to build a communist paradise in a space station off Jupiter.

And so much more.
>>
>>6322125
>>6322137
It was remolded from Alpha Trion, which was shit, of course it would turn out badly.
Though it came out much better than I expected it to.
>>
>>6322305
See that helmet? You can remove it.
>>
>>6322316
Oh, and Grimlock is brain-damaged and some deserter decepticons with issues are looking after him and trying to get him set right again.
>>
>>6322307
I'm already set in the overlord department (carnifex), but it'll be interesting to see exactly how much remolding they do. Right now he screams black shadow to me way more than he does overlord.
>>
>>6322319
The scavengers are the best.
>>
File: Overlord copy.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Overlord copy.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322320
The Jet is about as different as Scourge - Highbrow - Windblade, the thank looks unchanged.
>>
>>6322320
>it'll be interesting to see exactly how much remolding they do.
There have been official pictures for months, hes G1 slavish. I'll wait for the Takara version hoping it includes both titanmasters.
>>
>>6322316
>MASK
I'm gonna go out on a limb, are their transforming vehicles justified as scavenged cybertron tech?
And how much fantasy is there in it? I can't recall if the Primus/Unicron brother gods thing originated there or not.
>>
>>6322320
>>6322326
Hasbro gave Mega to Skyshadow, hopefully takara includes both with their Overlord.
>>
>>6322327
>>6322326
That ain't bad, particularly the jet. One of my biggest beefs with black shadow is how stumpy the jet looks.
>>
>>6322332
>are their transforming vehicles justified as scavenged cybertron tech?

Pretty much yeah. They got ahold of Blitzwing and used him (unwillingly, guy's in pieces but probably not dead) to reverse engineer their MASK stuff.

MASK is probably getting canned though, I just can't see that comic lasting at all. It's not bad or anything, it's just something that probably never was gonna work in a revival as it doesn't have any real fanbase.
>>
>>6322337
I had high hopes for MASK but the fist 4 issues or so didn't impress. The annual was really good though, I think it'd be a lot better if that writer worked on the ongoing.
>>
File: oh no.png (1B, 486x500px)
oh no.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6322326
any idea when hes getting released?
>>
File: JohnWarden5.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
JohnWarden5.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6322347

We were going to release him, but we decided against it because we had to put TLK toys out. Sorry guys!
>>
>>6322354
>>
File: 20170510_190841.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170510_190841.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Can someone tell me how to attach Alpha secretdong altmode to Fort Max?
>>
>>6322305
Toy looks pretty solid, I just hope he can hold his old weapons.
>>
>>6322305

From what we've seen in video reviews, he looks like he could be one of the best movie toys ever made.
>>
File: 410201720197.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
410201720197.jpg
1B, 486x500px
My toy-based autism kicked in and Broadside's fins were really bothering me. To have them face the right way in jet mode they got in the way of his feet in bot mode. So I sawed them off and moved them up. It actually worked really well. I also sawed off a little nub right above the titan master peg on his foot so that his ankle could tilt forward a bit and let him stand better.
>>
It bothers me to no end that almost all of Broadside's ship parts are molded in separate parts from the main body, so they could have planned for most of the leg, the flaps, and wings to be molded in the correct colors, lonely leaving the torso, the shoulder bits, and the feet needing to be painted.
>>
>>6322326
>>6322327
>people are hyped to pay $40+ for a toy with crappy gappy forearms
>>
>>6322392

I don't mind the flaps going over his feet a bit. Makes him look a bit more armored and bulky.
>>
>>6322441
They all seem to have gappy forearms now that there's one and only one way for hands to flip out. Personally I wish they'd do like G1 Soundwave and have them just slide straight out. Less parts too because it'd save a pin.
>>
>>6322441
I can just stick some titan masters in there to fill the gap
>>
>>6322354
Or just put covers over the holes like a proper toy should. The cost of two panels of plastic and an extra 3mm of pinning material (or hell just friction them in) is fucking nothing compared to the rest of the retarded design decisions in this line.
>>
>>6322520
>>
>>6322525
Needs a version with about 40$ removed because I aint paying fucking 40$ for a voyager with gaping wrist-holes
>>
>Someone already has the repacked Cosmos and TR Seaspray up for sale on Ebay

How the fuck? We've barely gotten wave 4.
>>
>>6322582

We've barely gotten Wave 4 because Walmart has cockblocked online retailers from selling anything when they had it months ago.
>>
>>6322305
>painted windows instead of translucid plastic
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>6322305
>>6322596
Already being upscaled/improved.
>>
>>6322608
what the hell is the deal with those half hands?
>>
>>6322635
Lack of space to storage them in altmode? thats how they are on the oficial mold. see>>6322305
>>
>>6321736
variant with mouthplate retracted mode ?
>>
So my Broadside collar pop up crap won't go down no matter what.
>>
>>6322608
I'll buy him if they make him fat again/
>>
>>6321812
Conflicted about this because I hate being worried about scratching the head, but Hasbro's red plastic looks like shit, and Cosmos' painted head is one of the reasons he looks so great.
>>
>>6322155
The only thing closer to the Takara version is the darker green, which is nice. But why the miniaturized Autobot badge? Looks weird.

Honestly, I kind of just wanna wait and see if that company making upscaled KOs of the legends class gets around to Cosmos eventually. I would love him a bit bigger.
>>
>>6320992
Different limitations for different bots is something that the Transformers fandom just can't seem to wrap their heads around. There is never going to be uniform quality across any line because every toy will have the same budget, more or less, but a unique set of requirements during design based on their alt. mode vs. their bot mode. Tracks also had the additional hurdle of being able to get his wings and arms out independently for the flying car mode.
>>
>>6321038
>It ALL looks cheap

No it doesn't.

The grey plastic Takara uses looks significantly better. If something looks better it doesn't look cheap. "Look" is the key word. We're not talking about whether or not the plastic is ACTUALLY cheaper you hasbro apologist.
>>
>>6322705
Pretty much the only thing that couldn't have been fixed on tracks wither better engineering is the backpack, which probably wouldn't be able to be folded smaller for the robot mode (I know he's supposed to have a backpack, but the MP's backpack is fucking massive compared to the show model) while still being able to transform so compactly for the vehicle mode.

But there's really no excuse for having terrible elbows, terrible knees, huge gaps in his ankles and a chest that basically never stays pegged together
>>
>>6322354
meanwhile The Power of The Prime line just not been mentioned anymore.
>>
>>6322713
>If something looks better it doesn't look cheap.
Just because one turd has a more pleasing color than another turd doesn't make it not look like shit.
>>
>>6322726
>there's really no excuse for having terrible elbows, terrible knees
Agreed.
>huge gaps in his ankles
They're not huge at all if you transform the grill pieces like you're supposed to, which nobody ever seems to do. And even if there are gaps, they actually help by giving his ankles more articulation, and the gaps generally can't be seen in most poses. They're incredibly ignorable, far more than say, the gaps in Sideswipe's shins, or Prowl's toes, which don't help articulation at all.
>a chest that basically never stays pegged together
I'll admit it's a bit loose, but once I'm done transforming it, it stays in unless I grab it and pull it out. Same goes for his backpack. As long as everything is lined up properly, I can grab him by his backpack and everything stays together, no problem.
>>
>>6322753
You need to listen to yourself because you sound like a retard. Yes. If something looks better, it does not look cheap. It's amazing the fucking retarded contradictions you have to make in order to keep your crusade against better toys alive.

And look at the red plastic on Hasbro Chromedome vs. the red plastic on Takara's. Even if they are made in the same factories, it's pretty clear they aren't made with the same materials or standards.
>>
>>6322757
The ankle gaps are fairly ignorable yeah and the fact that they allow for a ridiculous range of articulation on the ankle joint is great, but the fact that the shins are basically huge blocks that don't have any sort of intricate transformation inside of them makes it seem like they really could have had a panel or something pop down to fill in that ankle gap with pretty much no design effort at all.
>>
I think Tracks is just somewhat of a hard design to pull off in the MP style. You have a relatively small car that has to turn into a relatively tall robot, and not only that, like 1/4 of the vehicle needs to be dedicated to a backpack.

I think the toy is fine for what it is when you consider the fact that you aren't going to get a big and beefy robot man out of 3/4 of a tiny car.
>>
>>6322337
>>6322342
MASK was fucked in the ass due to SJW bullshit raping the franchise.

Matt Trakker is now black, Gloria is Hispanic, and Sly Rax is now a babyfaced Asian with zero facial hair.

Also, for added injury to insult? They fucking REFUSED to include ANY of the minority members of the MASK team save for Julio (who now has a standard beard).

The only ONLY fucking redeeming thing to come out of the MASK reboot was Miles Mayhem being retconned as a founding member of GI Joe.
>>
>>6322813
>The only ONLY fucking redeeming thing to come out of the MASK reboot was Miles Mayhem being retconned as a founding member of GI Joe.

He's also generally entertaining as a villain. They can keep him in the comics, I hope, even if MASK goes down in flames. Also I'd love to get some TF toys that turn into MASK vehicles, especially the green copter cycle.
>>
Blitzwing is great
>>
>>6321817
THE BUMBLEBEE MOVIE AKA BRIGHTON FALLS will be set in WWII and here is my robot cast:
Autobots-Bumblebee
>Hound
-Crosshairs
-Hot Rod
-Buldog aka The Tank
-New autobots

Decepticons-Starscream
-Drift
-Bludgeon
-Shockwave
-Blackout or Ransack?
>Barricade
-New decepticons

Samll appearence:Optimus,Megatron.
Humans:Kid Edmund Burton and the order of Witwickis,Hitler and the Nazis,America and Japan.
>>
>>6322970
Are those giant patches of stickers on his wings?
>>
>>6323028
I want Jolt. And to see Bumblebee punching Hitler in the face.
>>
>>6323028
Hasbro will never allow WWII and Nazis. And they will never make toys based on war.
>>
>>6323031
Sucks. I'd take a comic miniseries though.
>>
>>6323028
You know it would actually be funny if next year we get the Bee movie in WW2, because then it would spark a "TF is copying Wonder Woman!" clickbait.
>>
>>6323028
I'd fucking love it if Barricade would be a recurring antagonist against Bumblebee, especially if he keeps appearing to die every era.

>You and I are destined to do this forever
>>
>>6323047
Disney isn't copying TF?
The Last Knight-The Last Jedi
Age of Extinction(2014)-Age of Ultron(2015) and wasn't the first Avengers movie from 2012 a copy of DOTM(2011)?

>>6323031
That's Lego anon. That's lego anon.
>>6323046
He doesn't know anything about Hasbro.
>>
>>6323047
The worst part is that people will see it still as a Bay movie even that the movie is directed by Travis Knight(Kubo director).
>>
>>6323048
Barri did say in DOTM to Bumblebee:"Do you remember me!" So yeah.
>>
>>6323054
It's a given, like when TMNT aired and everyone was all like "BOO MICHAEL BAY!" but with Black Sails everyone was like "Wait, Michael bay was part of this decent series?", and in both titles he was just the producer.
>>
>>6323058
No way!

>>6323052
You forgot,Disney owns TF because ILM makes the animation.ILM is a Lucasfilm company and Disney owns that too. They own everything!
>>
>>6323061
He is producer for the Bee movie too but not director. Also,TMNT was decent,Out of the Shadows captured the feel of the original series and the trutles had the screen time,but you know. People like bashing Bay.
>>
>>6323069
>TMNT and OOTS were good
Hahahahahahaha...good one anon! Good one!

>They captured the feel of the original
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>6323069
At this point I just really want TF5 to hit at least 50% tomatometer, even if it would be rotten, just to have a comeback from the godawful AoE.
>>
>>6322796
>they really could have had a panel or something pop down to fill in that ankle gap with pretty much no design effort at all.
Man, the gap is so friggin' small, it would be pointless and just add cost to the toy. You people want magical, tiny panels to pop up and cover everything.
>>
So the LC Bonecrusher guys are doing the Wreckers...
>>
>I'd like to point out that Hasbro has its own free streaming service that has all of the original cartoons on it… I've been re-watching the first season, and if you want to talk about blowing continuity up, those episodes do it every 30 seconds LOL

>Maybe Bay is just that dedicated to sticking to the source material.
>>
>>6323082
So true
>>
>>6323082
Are you quoting someone or...?
>>
>>6323082
This. G1 was full of continuity errors. Like the Constructicons having three different origin stories.
>>
>>6323085
I think the valid criticism is that Michael had the chance to TF with better QC than the 90's cartoon and fucked it up for most of the movies with the focus on humans and the consistent continuity errors, which is a way better argument than "NOT MUH", though I've only had that criticism of the movies with Lockdown's and Hot Rod's godawful face designs
>>
>>6323073
>people still expecting some kind of faithful, respectable story out of the Bay movies.
I'm laughing at you. Just give it up, sit back and enjoy the ride. These movies are top-tier schlock if you just sit back and let them assault you without any expectations.
>>
>>6323109
They got new writers, doesn't hurt to believe in that since Bay can pretty much do 50% if he actually wants to like his other passion projects.
>>
>>6321551
Because of this image, I had a dream about finding a new release of Cosmos at a weird flea market. He had two alternate heads, a compound laser gun, and a ton of optional detail stickers. I ended up stealing him because the flea market was closed. I woke up and was sad he wasn't real.
>>
New Megatron pictire from TLK!!!
Sexy beast:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_tf5-ff-007-cc-embed-jpg.27723989/
>>
>>6323082
Same thing about Warden. I thought Broadside was just him being lazy, but then I saw the G1 toy. He's just dedicated to sticking to the source material!
>>
>>6323158
You know you can just post the pic, right?
>>
>>6323164
It gives me some erorr,can you post it for me?
Please.
>>
>>6323169
Sure,Captain Armando Salazar.
>>
File: lennox_Megs.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
lennox_Megs.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6323169
>>
>>6323181
So beautiful ;-;
>>
>>6323029
are you gonna whine about it?
>>
>>6323181
Gonna see it in Imax 3D! All the tickets are sold!
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Look who I found on the shelves today!
>>
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6323237
We never got Wave 2 here in the Philippines, so seeing Apeface caught me off guard. It looks like Wave 5 of Titan Masters consists of him and Ramhorn.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
>>6323238
*We never got Wave 2 of Titan Masters
I never thought I'd ever find one in the wild, so it was nice to get him.
>>
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6323239
The gorillajet looks great in both modes.
>>
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6323240
A little weak as a weapon, but that's to be expected with most of these things.
>>
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6323241
Such a lovely face.

Anyway, that's it for my ape spam.
>>
>>6321817
TRANSFORMERS:Brighton Falls
Year:2018
Director:Travis Knight
Plot: The young autobot soldier is sent into a mission to an unknown planet called Earth were he will find that he isn't the only one of his kind there.
He will have to face the war of his world and the war of our world.
Filming starts July 2017.
>>
>>6323275
Official?
>>
>>6321768
I love how combining him with lil' Optimus takes like five seconds compared to the engineering project that is combining the leader figures.
>>
>>6323275
Sounds fun. Kubo was an interesting film, so I'm interested to see his take on Transformers, and I'm always a sucker for a WWII period piece. I wonder what his alt. mode is gonna be...

Brazen yellow wasn't a common color offered back then. I hope there's a running gag about Bee being mistaken for a taxi.
>>
>>6322593
The gayest part of this is that Walmart won't even stock the toys.

Really, what is Hasbro's deal. Are we still supposed to believe they're victimized by Walmart or are they in league with them for some retarded reason (it can't be sales, surely Walmart isn't buying more and stocking less, right?)? No amount of white knighting can make this look like anything but ridiculous.
>>
>>6323340
He is a green military vehicle.
>>
>>6323366
Well that's gay.
>>
>>6323031
>And they will never make toys based on war

Fuck, I guess all those fighter jets and bomber planes and tanks and jeeps and gunbots and swordbots and other shit just don't exist huh?
>>
>>6323031
1.) That's Lego
2.) It was Volkswagen that wouldn't allow their car to be used in toys based on war. But clearly money solved that issue.
>>
New
>>6323352
>>6323352
>>6323352
>>
>>6323241
>apeface on triggerhappy
mein neger
>>
>>6323029
Mine are painted silver with printed details
>>
>>6323181
Does anyone else thing Megatron might help the humans just because he hates Prime so much,
>>
>>6323088
This. My biggest gripe is the transformers consistently being plot devices rather than actual fucking characters.
>>
>>6323031
it would be great for gi joe crossover though.
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 112

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.