[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General: Buyer's Remorse Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 414
Thread images: 89

File: Generationstoy-Voyager_Blitzwing.jpg (147KB, 1096x792px) Image search: [Google]
Generationstoy-Voyager_Blitzwing.jpg
147KB, 1096x792px
Last one is clearly way past it's bump limit

What's some Transformers you've looked backed on and REALLY wish you never bought? Pic related.

Old thread >>5923396
>>
From the other thread:
>>5925121
>Third, the movies exist and make BILLIONS of dollars

Wasn't it already talked about before that Habro doesn't get anything from those movies other than big commercials? The studio still gets most if not all the money from ticket and dvd sales.
>>
>>5925122
>What's some Transformers you've looked backed on and REALLY wish you never bought? Pic related.

Universe Inferno. I blame Vangelus for making me want that from his old videos. Now I can't even sell it since nobody wants that mold anymore.
>>
>>5925129
>What's some Transformers
>Transformers

>>5925128
Is that mold really that bad? Why?
>>
>>5925134
For me it is because he just doesn't have any space for my collection. But people have told me that the mold is a bit iffy and just not pleasing to the eyes for some reason.
>>
File: P_20160922_173352.jpg (546KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160922_173352.jpg
546KB, 2048x1152px
>>5925115
I just hope Hasbro does not turn into NECA, where I am literally praying every time I opening one of their toys.

As for wolfwire. I think the design was fucked up in the first place. The ring is not actually square all the way on the width side to ensure strength like the red part.
It is curved on the end.
If you look carefully, you can see the crack is already there on the non-broken side.
>>
File: DSC_1797.jpg (134KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1797.jpg
134KB, 663x1000px
>>5925134
ah fucking shit worng pic
piece of shit laptop
>>
>>5925122
Beast Hunters Starscream, I guess. It's only really bad when the toy isn't even worth enough to sell on ebay.
>>
>>5925140
I don't think he's even that bad. But then again I got him on clearance.
>>
>>5925140
I have the Takara version of him that I got while in Japan.

I honestly don't know why I bothered
>>
>>5925122
At this point? The last four I bought in order to get back into the hobby. It's less qc and more fear I am wasting my money since I lack the imagination to properly play with toys anymore.
>>
>>5925152
Which last 4?
>>
File: why.jpg (44KB, 549x496px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
44KB, 549x496px
>tfw regretting half of your collection
The latest ones that come to mind are Arms Micron Thundercracker, Alternators Windcharger, G1 Scorponok and G1 Overlord.
I just don't find them nearly as satisfying as I thought they would be.

I've also overpaid for a lot of figures, the worst ones being G1 Metroplex and Misfire. Not only did I pay more than I should have, but they also arrived broken.
>>
>>5925153
Just legends, Viper from Combiners, Ultra Magnus, Skywarp, Grimlock from Family Doller. Grand total of $40ish, because I was stupid and just had to have Viper and bought him online even with the inflated $21 cost for a Legends/Legion class.
>>
>>5925157
>buying shitty legends class repaints
Why...?

Go to a Walmart or something and get one or two of the TR deluxes man
>>
>>5925163
I was trying to avoid spending a lot of money on something I was unsure about getting into. Two Deluxe class figures are $30-40. The fact that the six Transformers I have out on my desk are just sitting there worries me, because it feels like I've wasted my money, much like I was told I was doing when I bought the last batch.
>>
>>5925173
Then just get one, silly
>>
>>5925128

I'll buy it. How much?
>>
>>5925175
That isn't an official Transformers product.
>>
>>5925175
get out of this thread
>>
>>5925122
I don't really have many that I regret buying. Maybe Generations Drift. There's plenty that I regret not buying. I used to work for Walmart, I passed on Generations Kup, and WFC Megatron. Feels badman.
>>
>>5925128
People have been selling theirs on ebay for like 50-60 bucks for years now.
>>
>>5925122
Deluxe Airachnid. Dear god what a piece of shit. She was shelfwarming hard at £8 and I took pity on her. What was I thinking? Nice vehicle mode...and that's it. Legit the worst toy I have ever bought.

I tried painting her to make her at least a pretty brick, including a thinned down coat of Mr Hobby clear purple (only clear purple I had at the time) over all the black to give her that glossy finish she had in the show. Unfortunately it was lacquer-based paint, and the already shitty plastic basically crumbled to bits after a few hours' exposure to the paint, leading to Airachnid coming apart like a GPS victim. Oh well, lesson learned, and at least it was on a figure that sucked.
>>
>>5925183
Ugh, don't remind me. Same here, though mine is still alive, albeit sitting in the bottom of the Transformers crate. Stick those claws on her and she looks good enough to buy, but then you buy her and holy mother of Christ that figure is shit.
>>
>>5925176
Was going to pick a Transformer or two up today, but considering backing out. Might stick to silly models that I'll build, pose and box when done. I think I'm too boring to enjoy toys anymore. No imagination, guilt about spending money. Unpleasant combination.
>>
File: Thirst_screenshot_54.jpg (183KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
Thirst_screenshot_54.jpg
183KB, 1100x619px
>>5925183
RID Airachnid when? You'd think that a swarm of vampire insecticons would be important enough to bring up.

Also, anyone else wish we had gotten a Voyager Insecticon toy during Prime?
>>
>>5925191
Then leave and never come back.

If you even have second thoughts about buying toys then you probably shouldn't.
>>
>>5925194
>RID Airachnid
Nothing but a tease

There was also repainted Insecticons in the same episode.
>>
>>5925180
>Generations Kup
eh I'm not sold on either mode of his, as much as I'd like to expand my wreckers. I personally dislike modern truck designs that have the silhouette of a soccer mom minivan and the curved parts make his chest/shoulders look atrocious

also his forearms/hands are trash and he needed a separate company to do an acceptable facesculpt.

I'll wait till a 3p does a better job on him
>>
>>5925128

Inferno still holds up though.
>>
>>5925122
A lot of Generations figures that came out before CW. Scoop, Crosscut, and especially Sky Byte. I tried to like him, but god damn the original mold is just so much nicer looking.
>>
>>5925212
>I'll wait till a 3p does a better job on him
So you think it's safe to assume that TR Kup will be a piece of shit?
>>
>>5925242
Of course he will. It's Shitpiece we're talking about after all.
>>
File: DSCN2234.jpg (802KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2234.jpg
802KB, 1600x1200px
Another store in Australia was doing discounted tf toys, this time rescue bots, TR and rid2015 were included.

I have the takara astrotrain coming but fuck it, I like the "shuttle" colors, I'll have my astroforce, mark my words.

So apart from poor molding qc (some of the black on the knee's look a little like they melted) what else was wrong with him, apart from his head being installed BACKWARDS (nearly broke his chest in half getting it out) he seems fine, I can even do train feet with only a very slight lean from him, I'd also like it if his crotch joints were tighter as they have a little too much give, otherwise good toy, can't wait for my repaints of him to come in the mail.

Also quillfire is a rocking dude
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2631x2186px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2631x2186px
>>5925122
This
>>
>>5925254
Anon, I know this is a tf thread, but could I get a pic of the zaku off to the right?
>>
File: Mask.jpg (92KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
Mask.jpg
92KB, 601x508px
>>5925218
I think he might actually mean the first Universe Inferno and not the one from 2.0.

This also reminds me of something that happened a couple of years ago
>Be Scandinaviafag
>Parents are in the US
>Asks if there are any Transformers I want them to look for
>Know that they've got Inferno there
>Ask them to look for UNIVERSE Inferno
>Send picture of it
>They say they found it
>They come back home
>tfw it was a shelfwarming Movie Inferno
I couldn't bring myself to tell them it was the wrong one, and especially not to ask how they managed to fuck up when they even had a picture to go by.
>>
File: DSCN2235.jpg (805KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2235.jpg
805KB, 1600x1200px
Question too, I'm tempted to touch up the shuttle cockpit windows, what color would work?

>>5925259
>zaku
No zaku boy no zaku!

...its a gouf custom (custom), my first painted gunpla, its shit up close I assure you, a Frankenstein of spraying PE spray paint directly on the runners and nubs being hacked off rather than sanded, he's there to remind me I can do better.

Ironically he fell apart handling him, seems the lacquer paint has affected him somewhat, still snaps together fine
>>
>>5925218
Inferno 2.0 is *okay* at best.
>>
>>5925260
Parents just have this innate ability to get everything about their children's hobbies wrong.

When I was younger my dad used to go to the states a lot and I'd always ask him to pick up bionicles there because they'd always come out there first. Despite all the descriptions and images of packaging I've given him every time I can probably count on half a hand how many times he managed to get the thing I actually wanted
>>
>>5925267
Gotta agree, Nice design and proportions, but bad leg articulation. Hope they make a better one, since one of mine's truck panels snapped off.
>>
File: Bully Quillfire.jpg (287KB, 1256x941px) Image search: [Google]
Bully Quillfire.jpg
287KB, 1256x941px
>>5925254
Quillfire assuredly IS a rocking dude.
Be sure to sand down the peg on his left leg if you Transform him though
>>
>>5925284
Um, why, he seems fine for me >>5925264

Don't tell me he'll punch holes in himself like the late onslaught mold?
>>
File: MP11T-Thundercracker-01.jpg (229KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MP11T-Thundercracker-01.jpg
229KB, 600x600px
>>5925122
I've bought a ton of retail stuff on impulse, but I can't say I "regret" any of them, since none of it is very expensive. I'd play with them for a while and just get rid of them if I didn't like them. I'd say I got my money's worth out of pretty much all of them.

I have bought some MPs on pure impulse, but they've all been great, so, no regrets there, either. I bought MP Nemesis Prime to go with Loud Pedal because I thought they'd look great together, and I was right. Plus he reminds me of the truck from Terminator 2. Also bought MP Ultra Magnus after not really liking him at first, but wanting him to go with MP Hot Rod. Magnus also turned out to be great. Love how chunky he is, it's like transforming a Tonka truck.

I suppose the closest thing to regret on a big purchase would be pic related. To be fair, it was my first time buying the mold, but I had heard it wasn't perfect. He's not the most solid of MP bots, but he's gorgeous as hell in jet mode, and not too shabby in bot mode, really. I tinkered with him a bit and got his torso to stay together better, too. So really, the closest thing to "regret" I have in buying an MP bot is paying $200 and getting pretty much what I expected.
>>
Looking at that recent pic of Triggerhappy does that mean Hasbro is getting the comic/ cartoon accurate version with the faceplate and Takara is probably getting the one based on the toy?
>>
>>5925301
Its possible takara might keep the mouthplate and just tweak the design, like with TR chromedome and LG chromedome, but yours is possible too thanks to the likes of LG ultra magnus (toy colors) and UW grand Galvatron (also toy colors)
>>
>>5925264
How long is Astrotrain in train mode? That looks giant.
>>
>>5925311
About 36cm if that helps, you're basically splitting his pelvis in half and splaying him out
>>
>tfw jokingly refer to Legends Blackarachnia as a ladyboy on Seibertron
>Get a sanctimonious PM from some SJW busybody (not even a mod, just some prick) telling me not to use the word ladyboy

I hate this fandom sometimes.
>>
>>5925315
>actually going to dedicated Transformers website forums
This is your mistake, anon.
>>
>>5925315
They sound like a ladyboy.
>>
>>5925315
Did you respond?

>Unless a mod tells me not to I'll use words as I please, grow a set of balls or transform and gtfo
>>
>>5925324
I sent him this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBL2m8ZKuDw
Followed by "It's an inanimate plastic toy. Its feelings aren't going to be hurt."
>>
>>5925313
Thanks. That's a lot. So is it a deluxe, like the CW torsos?
>>
>>5925328
No. Him and the torsos are voyagers.
>>
>>5925299
I've never been the biggest fan of the seeker MPs either.

I always thought the feet could have been done way better and there's no excuse for how the chest just kind of sits there.

My only seeker is 2.0 starscream, and I only got it because I doubt they'll ever do a 3.0 seeker mold and you gotta have a Starscream. I won't be getting any more seekers beyond him until they fix the mold.
>>
>>5925256
>"I know exactly why I have this erection!"
>>
>>5925122
I can't say I have any extreme regret for any figure but I can safely say that I've ordered nearly every fembot I own while partially aroused.
Like, I don't dislike having Windblade, but I probably wouldn't own her if I just masturbated instead of going to walmart.
>>
>>5925347
Get your head checked.
>>
>>5925334
>I won't be getting any more seekers beyond him until they fix the mold
Same.I was holding off on him and MP Grimlock until they got an update, but they seem content to just leave them in the past, especially with how they're going nuts with the conehead retools now. There's a third party company teasing a seeker mold, can't recall which, but it might be worth looking into.
>>
Anybody order the cheap combiner teams from HTS and have the fucking order cancelled? After ordering on Friday I just now got the cancellation email. Little completely piss off
>>
>>5925357
>MP Grimlock

I like the mold but he's too small. You the same?
>>
>>5925370

cute af Minerva, but I don't get it
>>
>>5925377
Not my work, I just liked the direction, if I remember correctly minerva was the peacekeeper of the headmaster jr's and doesn't like fighting.

Infact she's a pacifist, for some reason I only remember her only rescuing people and not one shot from her
>>
File: test .jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>legends wheelie

He was always doomed to be a blob of orange, but least its not drastic
>>
>>5925386
Not that its a poorly done job, but those tones mixed together just instantly makes boredom happen.
>>
File: test .jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
48KB, 720x960px
>>5925386
A shame those thighs stand out in vehicle mode, until an mp comes this is as close to anime accurate as you can get.

That said hasbro's version is pretty much spot on for toy accuracy

>>5925388
Agreed
>>
File: test .jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>5925389
And a direct comparison with the hasbro version, and others
>>
>>5925386
>>5925389
>>5925390
>"muh colors need to be broken up"
Where is your bull now, Takaracucks?
>>
>>5925390
Much to my chagrin, I think I like the hasbro deco better.
>>
File: test .jpg (43KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
43KB, 960x720px
>>5925390
You know what, I seen the hasbro version in hand and wasn't a fan of the orange plastic, the painted orange has a better tone to it.

Overall I say get either, but takara's is weaker due to it not popping like hasbro's

>>5925392
They both pop, hasbro has 2 drastic tone changes and more silver in places, takara's lies in the shins in robot mode, he's weaker, but I've seen worse.

Also in my own shitty opinion nothing beats hasbro blurr in blandness, whoever ok'd that clearly thought people only cared about the alt mode
>>
>>5925394
Same, I went takare though for goshooter.

Anyone got a pic tr wheelie in robot mode?
>>
>>5925386
He lost the shiny paint? not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
>>
File: 1445977018949.jpg (5KB, 250x177px) Image search: [Google]
1445977018949.jpg
5KB, 250x177px
Is CW Groove worth the 25 bucks Amazon is asking for it? I already have Defensor complete with Rook, Legends Groove, and the PE hands/feet. I think he looks good, but I've seen pictures of Defensor with Groove replacing Rook and it looks a little better proportionally. I'm not a Geewunner, so I don't really give a shit about the character either.

Any chance Groove will go down in price? Or is this going to be one of those cases where 25 bucks is the lowest he'll go until he skyrockets in price?
>>
>>5925403
He's a pretty nice mold and does both limbs great. I'd $25 is pushing it for any CW deluxe though.

No idea what his price projection might be though.
>>
>>5925369
A bit, but I also think it just looks clunky. It has all kinds of gimmicks that compromise things, like the tail wag and the light-up fist. Grimlock's transformation is pretty cut and dry since 1985. The fact that it allows so much room for kibble as part of his design means we should really be able to get some fantastic articulation out of a proper Grimlock mold. Also, I hate the unpainted gray plastic. It looks so cheap and swirly, even in photos, same reason I never bought Starscream. I'd pick up one of the silver-painted comic book Grimlocks, but eh. I might just go 3P.

>>5925390
>>5925394
The thing is, Takara's "anime accurate" repaints don't always work. Especially when the toy was sculpted with the Hasbro color scheme in mind. Stuff like Highbrow and Wheelie just look to me like a kid used the wrong colors in a coloring book or something.
>>
>>5925403
Do you have Afterburner? if yes then skip Groove, the only differences are the head and windshield, this way you´ll save money and have less sharing molds between combiners.
>>
>>5925411
Right, I totally forgot about the stupid light up hand.

You make good points though. Nobody would miss the gimmicks if it vastly improved his articulation.
>>
File: test .jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>5925399
Wasn't gonna post this as it doesn't really allow a proper comparison but >>5925400 asked.

I actually got hasbro's loudmouth, just some silver on the face and its an improvement.

>>5925402
Its...sorta shiny, truthfully I wanted the test version tf yuki was posting but I learnt the truth.

>>5925411
>The thing is, Takara's "anime accurate" repaints don't always work
Correct
>Especially when the toy was sculpted with the Hasbro color scheme in mind
More like hasbro's toy aesthetic, blurr and scourge are standouts, blaster is up to a coin toss between withstanding shiny dull grey sparkly plastic or having a white head and an "odd" feel to it.

Highbrow doesn't have as many colors as the hasbro version, the toy tampo's on the shoulders help him a fair bit, but without those plus the rounded eyes he fails a little.

For wheelie I honestly think a different shade for the main body (a more pink fleshy tone) and painted fist would of done him justice, for now that's as close as we'd get to a proper wheelie until an mp comes, which will lead to disappointment since...how in the fuck would they handle the cockpit at a mp bee size?
>>
File: 1368236639553.jpg (91KB, 520x599px) Image search: [Google]
1368236639553.jpg
91KB, 520x599px
>>5925403
>$25 is pushing it for any CW deluxe though.
Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking. Isn't he getting a retail release next month though?

>>5925417
>Do you have Afterburner?
Yea, I actually have the UW Computron set. So even if I didn't get Groove, Defensor and Computron still share the Rook mold. I see your point though. When I think about it, I really don't need the figure, especially since I have the Legends Groove anyway. Andh having Afterburner, the motorcyle mold (while decent) isn't anything I'd spend $25 bucks on.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>5925399
>nothing beats hasbro blurr in blandness
Takara Wheelie
>>
>>5925425
Oops, meant to quote >>5925406
>>
>>5925420
Jesus christ, they were so lazy they didn't even bother to give him different shades of orange. Takara was just that fuckin lazy.

Fuck this shit, I'm out
>>
File: Wheelie.jpg (904KB, 2048x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Wheelie.jpg
904KB, 2048x1600px
The GDO Wheelie will always be my go-to Wheelie.

But I have no connection to the character. I just think it's the best looking version.
>>
>>5925420
I think the takara one looks better in robot mode, don't like the contrast between that burnt orange and pale orange on hasbros. The only thing I'd say I dislike on takaras is the transparent plastic on its chest, I guess its for accuracy, and I don't know what's a good solution for it since the dark on the hasbro one is too dark, and going grey like the original would probably look bad.
>>
>>5925431
I really regret not picking up all the GDO figures when I saw them at TRU.
>>
>>5925431
>that headsculpt
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
File: test .jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
48KB, 720x960px
Felt we needed some red here, I consider rewind here a failure due to his head being shapred for the IDW version, the *tiny* extra licks of paint don't help either.

For Blaster its a strong win, if the head doesn't work just slopping some silver will help, unlike glitter legs of blaster

>>5925426
>2 shades of orange, clear black wheels and grey shins and hips
>3 shades of blue

I know what you're trying to do, he's weak, but not that bad

>>5925430
He has the same count of orange as hasbro's, they are just placed differently, look at the forarms, the outer cover differs to the hands, its just not as drastic as hasbro's.

Why they didn't paint the fist/forarm really hurts, wouldn't save it though

>>5925431
Anon, I WAS gonna track that thing down.

That head is bad, its like he's staring into my soul, preparing to rhyme me to death
>>
File: fCSZ3CS.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fCSZ3CS.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
>>5925431
Never liked that face, something seems... off.
>>
File: GDO Brawn.jpg (204KB, 1000x478px) Image search: [Google]
GDO Brawn.jpg
204KB, 1000x478px
>>5925434
They were all really good repaints, but the head sculpts are what really sold me on them. I picked up Wheelie, Swerve, Hot Spot, and Springer.

Speaking of which, was pic related ever released? I don't remember ever seeing him in stores, and I really don't remember anyone ever mentioning him.
>>
File: test .jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>5925437
Truly, the grey used and paint apps go a loooooong way on LG blaster.
>>
>>5925437
>3 shades of blue
Make that 4. The blue plastic, the dark blue paint used on the shins, the light blue paint on the shield and the grey blue paint on the cockpit. And the clear plastic. And the silver and black on the titanmaster and gun

So yes, Blurr has color. Try again
>>
File: CKaun0hWwAE-5KS.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CKaun0hWwAE-5KS.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>5925430
The fuck are you talking about? He has two shades of orange. Which is what the animation had, which is what they're trying to be accurate to. Can we just stop all the blatant, brand-wars shitposting, already?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
>>5925443
And Devastator is the same size as Soundwave. What do?
>>
>>5925440
That fucking figure.

I skipped on FE Bulkhead because I thought that was coming out and in the end it was a super expensive Cloud Exclusive. And Bulkhead is way to pricey for me to justify.

>>5925441
I really like LG Blaster, but I don't know if I really care enough to pay the import costs to bother. TR might be sufficient.
>>
>>5925445
What?
>>
>>5925446
Oh, so GDO Brawn was released under the Cloud banner? Good to know.

Speaking of which, why in the world are the Cloud figures so damn expensive? I've been trying to get Rodimus for a decent price for ages, but can never seem to find one for less than $150.
>>
>>5925448
>why in the world are the Cloud figures so damn expensive?
Exclusiveness / Just because they can.

I got Whirlwave from Lena on ebay for like $30 though, that was cool.
>>
File: test .jpg (49KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
49KB, 720x960px
Speaking of bland...another sad case of anime accuracy.

I seen a video of the clips he plays...them alone make me regret my sdcc version

>>5925442
>Make that 4
wut
>light blue paint on the shield
Well, shit, its so tiny I didn't notice, I do apologize, I actually do
>grey blue paint on the cockpit
Which is lost because its a tiny surface area on that body
>dark blue paint used on the shins
Most people don't even notice this, I used to point it out to people but its the same effect LG wheelie's orange has, not enough to stand out
>And the clear plastic
Which isn't tinted so the vocal point is the blur, which is why I'm not even using it with wheelie since the point of it being clear is so it blends in, for wheelie so he has an orange chest, a cheat, for blurr, its a cockpit so why not
>counting the titan master paint
The funniest part is the TM stands out more than the rest of the toy, I find that funny and sad.

Yes, blurr has color, so does wheelie, and wheelie is the weakest of the LG line, but blurr's a bigger figure of a more prominent character, the ONLY excuse to buy blurr is if you can't import or have some paint skills, and the only reason to get LG wheelie is one of the 3
>Fooled by the test shot
>Anal about the drastic oranges of the TR
>Takaracuck

I was fooled, I would of cancelled if I saw the in hands sooner since I could get him for half the price.

So yeah, wheelie is crap, but blurr is horrendous for being so big and bland
>>
File: test .jpg (46KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
46KB, 960x720px
>>5925451
AAAnd last one because no one is posting blaster's head without the helmet.

Its accurate...and bland, bold, but dull, shameful.
>>
>>5925451
>>5925452

It's also toy accurate, looks great.
>>
>>5925122

That red/purple/yellow dragon guy from the beast hunter line. I had previously bought Ripclaw and she was fucking amazing, so I figured I'd get all her buddies but that guy was so terrible it made me lose all interest in the rest of the line.
>>
>>5925451
Those are Fortress/Cerebros anime/toy colors.
>>
File: 800px-TFGo-Toy_Judora.jpg (60KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
800px-TFGo-Toy_Judora.jpg
60KB, 800x477px
>>5925457
This one?

Aww, I liked this mold.
>>
File: Laserbacks2.jpg (227KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
Laserbacks2.jpg
227KB, 1000x714px
>>5925460
Pretty sure hes talking about Laserback, it was ok at best.
>>
>>5925463
I straight up forgot that existed. I just read purple/yellow and that was the only one I could think of.
>>
>>5925122
I never picked him up but why do people rag on this Blitzwing so much? I always thought he looked alright.
>>
>>5925468
Except for his shoulders (which can fixed) and his rubber nosecone, I actually still really like him. I like his redeco better though.
>>
File: PrimeBeastHunterstoy-Lazerback.jpg (98KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
PrimeBeastHunterstoy-Lazerback.jpg
98KB, 800x482px
>>5925460
Are you color blind? Those aren't remoted the colors he said. Pretty sure he meant Lazerback who is red, purple, and yellow.
>>
Am I the only one that sort of just wants Vertebreak because the name is so cool?
>>
>>5925477
Yes this has literally already been cleared up. Good job.
>>
>>5925468
Look at the nosecone in jet mode, it's deformed because of the plastic they used and trying to do the Man-E-Face gimmick.

Also problems with the shoulders.
>>
File: Waspinator-TMtoy[1].jpg (137KB, 663x500px) Image search: [Google]
Waspinator-TMtoy[1].jpg
137KB, 663x500px
What are some cool toys/characters literally no one cares about?

I always thought transmetal Waspinator was really cool. Never liked how he wasn't in the show
>>
>>5925477
I have this guy. He's actually a fun toy but his plastic straight-up sucks. His left shoulder was floppy out of the package and tightening it up caused the plastic of the ball to become ground down, thus becoming floppy again. I tried replacing the balljoint with a Revoltech joint...but the chest panel cracked where I drilled the socket for the joint. In the end I just modelled on some "battle damage" and decided he'd lost a limb. Given the way the transformation works I may try and graft a junker figure's limb on to give him either a violence hand or a vestigial stump.

I keep him around because the tail/club can be finagled onto his crotch and looks like a giant monstrous dong when you do so.
>>
File: Megatroniacomic1.jpg (725KB, 1613x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Megatroniacomic1.jpg
725KB, 1613x2271px
Translation of the Megatronia comic pages:

* A few hours earlier
- The reason why I have summoned you here is no other than...

- The time to rescue her majesty has come and...
- ...ok, what the heck is this hideout?
- I let you use my room and you say such a thing?
- Trick Diamond, you already knew of my sister's bad taste, didn't you?
- Well, after all you said you didn't want to let us use your room!

- With Cybertron's explosion the seal was removed and now she's sleeping at Shockwave's base
* Right, sis?
- Indeed... If we don't do it now there doesn't seem to be another chance.

- By the way, you are usually only interested in money, what's with the empress now?
- Well, for the first time since she isn't around I realized her greatness!
* You see, I've become penniless

* Then...

- Shoot, shoot, shoot at will!
* Take booomb!!
- Here comes the shot (from a syringe)
- Hey! I found her!

- The loyal Flow Spade and...
- her majesty the empress...

- Lady Mega Empress
- Good job...
- Tell me everything that happened to the decepticons... while I was dormant...
>>
File: Megatroniacomic2.jpg (619KB, 1564x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Megatroniacomic2.jpg
619KB, 1564x2190px
>>5925497
Page 2:

* And then in the present year of 2021!
- Decepticon women, attack!
- Leave Galvatron to me!
- Moon Heart
- At once! Executing most effective battle plan!
- Luna Club
- Yeah, piece of cake
- Flow Spade
- Anything for the queen!
- Trick Diamond
- God, this is annoying

- Die, Lynxmaster!
- Fusion Rail-cannon shot!
- Aaaaagh

- The... they are...!

- The Decepticon empress, created with spare parts intended for Megatron
- However, with her beauty she took this planet from the decepticons in no time
- She even controlled Megatron, and took over the planet, but it's said that Shockwave felt danger and put a seal on her
>>
File: Megatroniacomic3.jpg (639KB, 1601x2164px) Image search: [Google]
Megatroniacomic3.jpg
639KB, 1601x2164px
>>5925498
Page 3:

- So now that Shockwave is missing, it means that I can take advantage of the confusion of this battle,
- And finally I'm back

- Oh my god, let's get the hell out of here
- Ah! idiots!
- They will slaughter us!
- So you are Galvatron
- The rebirth of Megatron

- I will love you again until death do us part, so...
- You will let me have the planet this time around, right?

- That goes for you too, Cyclonus
- Ugh!

- My dear Starscream, wait!
- Don't come to me Luna Club!

- Aaand, gotcha! hey, why don't you become the new leader with me?
- Also, you are a ghost now, right? possess me!
- Idiot! there can only be one leader. And I am half-ghost, I'm capable of dimension-jumping, not possession!

- What? How boring, die again!
- Ah! Stop! my neck! my neck!

- Decepticon women!
- We, the Lynx team protect leader Convoy and this planet!
>>
>>5925468
Fucking captcha has eaten this post abou 5 goddamn times now.

>Terrible shoulder assembly design
>Floppy hips as standard
>Poor quality yellow paint on the helmet
>Canon immigrant multiface gimmick
>wrist articulation hampered by its own transformation
>Can't hold its own accessories properly
>Came out in the same wave as springer so looks extra inferior by comparison
>Body looks more like flywheels than blitzwing and its fucking criminal that this repaint hasn't happened yet

Honestly, I enjoy this figure & double dealer, but the mold is just riddled with problems. Apparently him and springer too 3 years of design because they wanted to 'do triple changers right'. Then they come out of nowhere with a new blitzwing mold in TR with like, what 1 year's lead time?
>>
>>5925497
>>5925498
>>5925503
The combiner comics have been literally the only japanese Transformers fiction I like.
>>
>>5925503
>- Also, you are a ghost now, right? possess me!
I need fan art. Now!
>>
>>5925497
Literally what the fuck. None of these words make sense.
>>
File: KO-off.png (87KB, 374x407px) Image search: [Google]
KO-off.png
87KB, 374x407px
>>5925503
>>
>>5925504
>>Honestly, I enjoy this figure & double dealer, but the mold is just riddled with problems. Apparently him and springer too 3 years of design because they wanted to 'do triple changers right'. Then they come out of nowhere with a new blitzwing mold in TR with like, what 1 year's lead time?

It's possible the people who designed him were just shit at it. And we don't know how good/bad the new mold will be yet, all we have are some pictures that look decent.
>>
>>5925451
Except that said grey blue paint also appears on the shield too. You missed that, didn't you?

Here's another reason to like TR Blurr: He doesn't look like a jumbled mess of colors that are there for no reason. I agree he's a bit lacking in paint apps, the abdomen and armpits need some paint to make the detailing pop out. The Takara one just completely ignores said detailing too and opts to splatter paint for the same of splattering paint. Literally the definition of paint greebles.
>>
>>5925522
Why not just make Blurr smooth?
>>
>>5925525
Then any attempt to give him paint would end up just as bad as Takara's. He needs detailing, paint to make the detailing pop out, and then paint to make his entire look pop out. That's how you do a paint job

Takara did step one and skipped two, opting to go straight to three. So the paint looks unnecessary, useless and just visually ugly
>>
>>5925519
No the problems with T30 Blitzwing likely corresponded to the various troubles behind the scenes with T30.

>It's possible the people who designed him were just shit at it. And we don't know how good/bad the new mold will be yet, all we have are some pictures that look decent.

They are redoing a mold they know they fucked up. I think there is a good chance they'll learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>5925528
If he has no detailing, then there need to be no paint applications at all.
>>
>>5925531
I guess if that's what you were aiming for then ok
>>
>>5925154
>G1 Scorponok
>G1 Overlord

Because you need Fort Max and God Ginrai if you don't own them already to enjoy them more especially if you're not into Decepticons that much. I don't really own a lot of Decepticons because I simply do not enjoy them so I usually get their main rival to so they get somebody to fight with if I do. I got a few exceptions to that like my G1 Apeface and Snapdragon but I do own the G1 Headmasters so by that rule of mine they already have somebody to fight with even though they are the exception since I just do really like their concept and toys.

If I had money at the moment I would offer to take them off your hands if they are complete just because I do have Fort Max and God Ginrai so I would be able to pair them off finally.

>I've also overpaid for a lot of figures, the worst ones being G1 Metroplex and Misfire. Not only did I pay more than I should have, but they also arrived broken.

That is unfortunate, was this from Ebay or the BST threads? Why didn't you just return them?
>>
File: Being Windblade is Suffering.png (552KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Being Windblade is Suffering.png
552KB, 600x450px
>AssBlurrgers posting AGAIN

Stop.
>>
I don't give a shit about paint apps, Hasblurr's plastic is just a disgusting shade of blue
>>
>>5925530
>I think there is a good chance they'll learn from their mistakes.

I don't know about that. We still get a lot of shit that shows they haven't learned anything.
>>
>>5925154
Your own fault for buying so much crap.
>>
>>5925547
I agree. Legends Blurr cucks need to die
>>
>>5925177
Are you in Canada because if you're outside it might be just a hassle to you since shipping going out of Canada would be a bitch so I don't want to put you through that.

>>5925218
It does but it has no space on my collection.

>>5925260
>I think he might actually mean the first Universe Inferno and not the one from 2.0.

I do mean the 2.0, the fire truck one. I tried getting the wreckers but I just ended up dropping that project and he ended up not having space in my collection so I want to get rid of it. It's MIB though. I just opened it transformed him a couple of times then threw him into my shelf then after a month or so put him back into his box and then just threw him in my basement.
>>
>>5925211
Wait what? She's back? Is she already the Vampire version of her or she got retconned?
>>
>express shipping (arrives between 26-29 sept): 50$
>standard shipping (arrives 2027): free

why do sellers do this
>>
>>5925325
Oh my god that would have triggered that person so much that they are probably trying ways to report you the mod now. I've had a lot of those when I was still into trolling forums back in the day.
>>
>>5925569

Because you're obviously buying imports.

Shit takes at most a week to get across the fucking US with the slowest shipping. I order shit from Cali all the time and I live in NY and it gets here 4-6 days tops.

If you're importing, your only choice is the fastest, otherwise enjoy your 5 month wait time, and lost package with no insurance.
>>
>>5925560
I like both of them so I own both of them am I a Hasbro or Takarcuck? Please tell me I need validation over the internet.
>>
Just got UW Computron. QC is kinda sucky - the tolerances are all over the place, expected that much because of mold degradation though. What I didn't expect was just how cheap the plastic feels. This guy feels like a knock off. Scattershot especially feels thin and brittle to me. Whatever though, he looks cool so I guess it's fine.
>>
>>5925580
>made of 90% red plastic
>the one kind of plastic EVERYONE always seems to complain feels "bad", whether it is or isn't

I wonder if theres any corrolation here.
>>
>>5925578
You are a slut.
>>
>>5925578
You're a fool with too much money
>>
>>5925585
What kind of slut? The 9-5 slut or the slut that evolves into a meat toilet?

>>5925586
Nah I got the TR Blurr on Sale and the LG on Retail so I didn't pay more than I should.
>>
>>5925580
>Hasbro Computron is inferior to Takara Computron in every way
>Takara Computron has shitty QC and horrible plastic

Well, Quantron it is.
>>
>>5925139
oh NO a TINY crack! How will you survive the autism??????
>>
>>5925596
Except that every single other person ITT who owns UW Computron has had nothing but praises for it?

Seriously, Quantron sucks, don't even bother with him
>>
>>5925601
I dunno man, I've heard quite a few people in these threads saying the plastic feels funny on UW Compy. Also Maketoys has my confidence- I bought Guardia and he's fucking great.
>>
>>5925596
>Quantron
Partsforming blob that can't keep itself together and have clear plastic on its ratchets, most of the limbots don't even look like the characters they´re trying to represent.
>>
>>5925445
Animation errors=/=a set character color design
>>
>>5925528
You're a moron. They got his color layout. Those are the details. Painting sculpted details isn't the only way to make a toy look detailed and visually pop. Hasbro's Blurr doesn't pop at all, he's literally a sea of 95% the same color spectrum.
>>
>>5925596
I'd still recommend the UW release. Just don't pay over $160 for it. Strafe is the best quality wise in the set. It's all the red plastic that seems to not want to hold together or feels cheap on the rest. Nosecone is okay, but a but of mold flash in his joints I had to smooth out.
>>
>>5925600
>object was poorly designed and suffers from breakage when used in the manner the instructions tell you to use it
>"ONLY AUTISTS COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING SO MINOR"

I really hope /tfg/ is full of people who are only pretending to be retarded because if people have this much blind loyalty to multinational corporations then it's a sign of impending societal collapse.
>>
File: 20160918_084023.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_084023.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>5925596
Don't believe what people say unless they actually have handled one or both. I handled both of them and the plastic for the UW is feels much more denser than the CW version and the paint on the UW is just extremely top notch. I was not going to buy the UW or CW because I don't have any attachment to the character but after handling them side by side I want a UW version now. I was also judging the toy somewhat from the videos and pictures but they are much more different on hand.

>>5925603
I have also handled Quantron and its fragile as fuck. It scared me transforming it more than transforming the official versions. If you want Quantron you must realize that it is a shelf piece not a toy.
>>
>>5925565
Thats just a randomcon to fill the scenes, she ruses Airachnid model but we don't know if its meant to be the same character or a new one, maybe Crystal Widow.

>>5925601
I liked it a lot, just one issue, Afterburner plastic feels really cheap, ko quality, but I'm getting Hasbro Afterburner to fix that.
>>
>>5925620
>Afterburner
>Ko quality plastic?

Really? Because the plastic felt heavier and much more sturdier than then CW counterpart.
>>
>>5925611
>>5925613
I dunno. I got burned with UW Defensor, whose plastic was so shit that when I combined him, his HFG ports split. Now granted I did use the Nonnef feet, but that doesn't explain Groove, whose port cracked from the REGULAR HFG. Then I bought Maketoys Defensor and it's fucking awesome.

TLDR: I lost my faith in official combiners. Also I trust Maketoys (though I know Quantron is one of their earlier releases). I dunno, maybe me being a genuine autist has something to do with it. I think UW Compy LOOKS cool (though I like how Quantron looks too) but the nightmare I endured with Defensor put me off.

I dunno. Maybe I should try an official combiner once more, with PE's feet instead of the Nonnef ones. Not that I'm in any position to be investing in another combiner ATM given I'll probably be moving house soon.
>>
>>5925628
The arms and shins are pretty bad, if you have handle generations Bee,(the one that got repainted into nightbeat) it feels the same as its car panels, oily and thin.
>>
>>5925633

Sorry to hear about your problems Anon. I've got 4 official combiners and 1 3P, and I haven't had problems with any.

But those heli ports stress easily as fuck for the official stuff, wouldn't surprise me if one broke. The mold was just made with too thin of a port compared to the rest. Groove breaking seems really odd too, his port is super thick.
>>
>>5925530
>the various troubles behind the scenes with T30.
What troubles?

I seem to recall the T30 figures being really good...or maybe I'm only remembering Springer and Sandstorm.
>>
>>5925580
>>5925596
>>5925613
>>5925633
I have UW Computron, and there's no QC issues and the plastic is just as good, if not better, than the other UW and CW toys I have.

The Strafe figure holds together better than UW Blast Off and feel more solid in general. There no issues with any of the combiner ports (I've head the CW version can have loose ports).

Plus, you get the Rook-mold Nosecone, which might be the best figure in the whole line, UW or CW.
>>
>>5925633
I have never broken any ports because I never jammed them in without checking if they're going in straight and I always have bought the PE parts so I have no experience with the nonnef stuff. What happened to you is unfortunate. just get what you feel would be the best representation of the character to you and something you would really enjoy.

>>5925636
I do have a Generations BB and mine isn't oily and thin. Usually being oily as a plastic is a sign of plastic degradation. I also have the CW Groove and it doesn't feel thin, in fact out of my CW stuff Groove feels like the most sturdiest and most densest plastic in my collection of combiners.

>>5925641
I never have any problems with the AB Mold and I got 5 of those molds.
>>
>>5925603
I own UW Computron, UW Optimus Maximus, CW Defensor, CW Bruticus, and CW G2 Bruticus. Honestly, I can't feel any difference in the plastics of any of the figures. I've also had zero QC issues with my Computron.

I'd be lying if I said Quantron didn't LOOK better than UW Computron (and Guardia definitely looks better than CW Defensor). However, the reason I like the UW/CW figures more is because of their simple transformations. I like to fiddle with my figures from time to time, and they're really easy to actually pose, swap modes, and mess around with. A figure like Guardia and Quatron LOOK cool, but they'd be shelf pieces that I'd pose maybe once or twice and then completely forget about.

That's perfectly fine for some people, and I own my fair share of MP's and 3rd party figures that I treat as display pieces. However, I still like having figures that I can actually mess around with and not have to worry about a 30 minute long finicky transformation or a fragile piece snapping off if I rotate something the wrong way.
>>
>>5925644
The hasbro transformers staff was fired midway in the design process. This was when Warden was brought in to clean up afterwards. But as a result some of them had unfinished bits most well known was the deco for Starscream and likely the various problems with Windblade.
>>
>>5925648
Lucky you, I have had 3 of those bees for customs and all felt the same.

>>5925646
>Rook-mold Nosecone, which might be the best figure in the whole line

I was thinking the same until I noticed the floating cockpit, at the end my fav technobot was Scattershot for all the tiny remold details.
>>
>>5925655
Makes sense. I kind of remember the Thrilling 30 line starting off extremely strong (bar Blitzwing) and then sort of fizzling out to "meh".

Still, whoever engineering Springer will always be a hero in my book.
>>
>>5925653
Guardia is actually fairly simple. Not CW simple but not "MP-05 in a Deluxe package" complicated like some of their stuff is. And he's SO solid when he's combined.

That said, I may give UW Computron a shot. We'll see. Depends on how readily available he is when I'm more settled homewise.
>>
I've been debating buying SDCC Devastator since combiner wars is finishing up and I've every other figure released for CW other than SDCC devastator. Leokaiser isn't up for pre-order yet but I want him too.
>>
>>5925665

Get the UW.
>>
>>5925612
/tfg/ is full of people who are literally autistic , it's a fundamental part of the hobby
>>
>>5925665
Spring for the UW version.
It'll probably be cheaper than SDCC and the deco looks nicer, unless you really like purple chrome
>>
>>5925672
Can confirm. I became a fan of Transformers in 2009, and my autism levels have been steadily increasing ever since.
>>
>>5925661
Fair enough. Just a head's up though; invest in the Perfect Effect hands/feet for any CW/UW combiner you buy. They make a world of difference. There are even KO versions of the PE Hands/Feet that come in different colors and are the exact same quality-wise for less than half the price.
>>
>>5925691
>invest in the Perfect Effect hands/feet for any CW/UW combiner you buy. They make a world of difference.
This. I've not bought a single CW combiner, but something about them always looked off. I realize it has to be that for such massive, powerful behemoths, they have dainty little girl feet.
>>
File: 8222016143929.jpg (224KB, 733x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8222016143929.jpg
224KB, 733x1080px
When will Wheel jack actually get a good figure?

The generations one is so chubby, the TFP has long gorilla arms, and the CW one is of course on one of the worst molds of the line. It's just a shame.

Although I do think it's the best use of Breakdown mold. He is kind of endearing and has made a good desk toy, so that's something.
>>
>>5925697
Generations Wheeljack was good.
>>
>>5925697
Generations is wonderful and the K.O MP is decent.
>>
>>5925697
We had this exact same question a couple of threads ago. The answer is MP Wheeljack. Then I recall someone said they didn't like MPs, and another couple of people bitched about Wheeljack's paint scheme following the toy more than the cartoon. Autism was had by all.

There, I saved us the discussion, let's move on.
>>
I came here to post this >>5925705
>>
File: SAM_1471.jpg (355KB, 700x728px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1471.jpg
355KB, 700x728px
>>5925700
>>5925702
Don't get me wrong. I love the generations one. I even did the leg mod and decked him out in the eness labels. I just think he deserves a fair shake at a new non-gimmick figure.
>>
>>5925716
Are you referring to that auto-morph feature his torso has?
>>
>>5925718
Oh, no I was actually just meaning the CW figure. I wasn't counting the automorph. I actually disabled that so he could have a thinner chest.

I really just mean a new generations figure. Actually they just need a new front-of-car-becomes-legs mold in general. I feel like those bots often get the short end of the stick.
>>
>>5925697
>cheapo whining because he picked up the shoehorned combiner limb turd instead of the Masterpiece

wew
>>
>>5925722
>assuming like I don't also have the MP of one of my favorite characters
>assuming I don't just want a nice new generations scale figure
>>
File: hug.jpg (16KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
16KB, 500x382px
>>5925275
Sometimes I think parents don't actually try or care.
What posts my pepes even more is when you wished for a Voyager figure but got the Legends version instead.
>>
>>5925716
People always say he's too short, but the leg mod always looks too tall to me.
>>
>>5925727
As a parent myself, I think you sound like an ungrateful little prick.
>>
>>5925726
Wheeljack has had at least 3 figures over the past 8 years that range from good to excellent (and one dumpy one), but for some reason, people act like he's been as neglected as an unwanted stepchild. He's got a pretty good track record compared to most other bots.
>>
>>5925697
I love cw Jack, after some quick mods he took the generations spot on my shelf.
>>
>>5925726
>He actually got an mp
>Mp skids never

Come the fuck on man. The wheel jack masterpiece is fucking great.
>>
>>5925771
Does he actually come with Chromia's gun?
>>
>>5925771
That looks really good. Any instructions on how you accomplished that?
>>
>>5925780
No, he only includes the hand-foot-gun and the gunblade that came with Brakedown.

>>5925784
-Found a junker gen Jack, took the tips of the wings (almost no force needed).
-Drilled 2 small holes in the hand-foot-gun and used the same flat head pins from the wings to plug them into the holes.
-The hand-foot-gun plugs into the back.

-Drilled a 5mil port for the shoulder canon and the rest is just paint.
>>
>>5925665
>I've every other figure released for CW other than SDCC devastator
Wait, so you own the regular Devastator?
>>
>>5925789
Forgot the pic of arm mode.
>>
>>5925793
Yes I own regular CW Devastator
>>
>>5925738
Please elaborate. Don't you have the right to be disappointed?
>>
File: rohan point.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rohan point.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>5925612

considering how much people support the Democratic Party in this day and age, you might have a point.
>>
File: hide.png (236KB, 270x326px) Image search: [Google]
hide.png
236KB, 270x326px
>>5925497
>>
>>5925801
in some circumstances, absolutely not. Your father went out of his way during his trip to get a toy for his kid, just so you could have it sooner than normal, and you get huffy because he got the wrong one.

I know this board has some entitles pricks on it, but God damn.
>>
>>5925796
Then I really wouldn't bother. SDCC Devy is an exclusive, so in my eyes you already have the complete CW collection.
>>
>>5925813
Sounds more like you're a pushover.

If done right, one can make clear that they got the wrong thing without seeming ungrateful, it's all in the tact.
>>
>>5925801
You make the claim that parents don't even try or care because they accidentally got the wrong toy for you. That implies your parents don't give a shit about your interests despite the fact that they're going out of their way to use their money to buy you something under the assumption that it'll make you happy.

You just sound like a spoiled brat. Maybe I'm just speaking from my own experiences, but my parents had, on occasion, gotten me the wrong toys. However, I never took that as them not giving a shit or trying. I just took it as them making a mistake (which, you know, are things that happen from time to time) because they didn't know a lot about a particular toy franchise. I always understood that my parents wouldn't run off and spend their hard earned money on something in the hopes that it'd make me a least somewhat happen if they didn't at least give a shit.

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old; both girls. I don't know jack shit about Barbies, but my 4 year old asked for a particular toy that she saw on TV. I went to TrU to buy it, but the age range of that toy was from 6 and up. It had a bunch of little parts that looked like they could have easily been broken. I made the decision to buy her the toy (which was also on that same commercial) who's age demographic was from 3 and up because it didn't have any small pieces and looked like it could take a beating from a 4 year old.

When I gave her the toy, she was a little disappointed and she told me it wasn't the right one. I told her that she wasn't old enough to get the toy she wanted and she said "It's okay, I like this one too. Thank you".

So yea, to say your parents don't care, despite going out of their way to buy you something, just makes you come off as a spoiled little brat to me.
>>
>>5925824
So it isn't out of a lack of understanding, but not believing in your children.
>>
>>5925771
What would be the best way to black out his chest windows? I'm shit at painting clean lines or making the paint look nice and flat. I was considering just getting the reprolabels set, but I don't really care about most of other stickers in it. The chest ones might be worth it on their own though.
>>
>>5925813
>you get huffy because he got the wrong one
Ofcourse I'm grateful for the favor, but you can't deny that you get disappointed when you get something that you don't want. Especially when you, as a kid, pay for it yourself.

I should also add that it wasn't my father, it was my mom. My dad was kickass when it came to stuff like that.

>just so you could have it sooner than normal
Actually, we never got that here.
>>
File: Beemo.gif (133KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Beemo.gif
133KB, 500x280px
>>5925828
My 4 year old is pretty destructive. She takes apart EVERYTHING because she loves to know how it works. If there are small pieces, strings, or anything like that, she WILL pull them out and lose them. She also has a 2 year old sister who will end up finding these small pieces and insert them into who knows what hole.

So yea, I don't believe a 4 year old and 2 year old are quite ready yet to handle an electronic Barbie doll who has an attachment via thin wire to fly a little space dog around with because I've known both said toddlers since their birth.

You can always tell the people who don't have kids...
>>
>>5925831
I used masking tape for the borders, a brush and cheap acrylic paint, after it dried I removed the excess with a toothpick, not perfect but you need to get really close to notice.
>>
>>5925824

Not the anon you're talking to, but nothing disappointed me more as a kid than not getting the exact thing I wanted. It always had to be the exact right thing. I'm a hugely picky person when it comes to anything I do, and I would rather have nothing, than something thats close-to-but-not-quite what I wanted. And as a kid, I communicated that to my parents to the best of my ability. But they never really learned. Whether it was out of care or lack of care, I don't know.

I even do this as an adult. Only difference is nowadays it's easier than ever to get what I want because online shopping is fucking awesome. I'd rather have nothing, than something thats close to, but not quite, what I want. Because anything less than the exact thing is a horrible waste of resources and will never be appreciated.
>>
>>5925840
I had siblings that broke shit all the time. That is a native part of growing up to inflict damage to things and then regret it.
>>
>>5925562

>are you in Canada
I'm located in Toronto. Email is [email protected] if you're serious
>>
>>5925840

Kids destroy shit all the time and don't know their own strength or lack thereof. That combined with their usual curiosity-Or just need to tear everything up-and yeah, your experience sounds 100% average.
>>
>>5925824
See >>5925838
I actually paid for it myself despite being a kid.
Also, there is no excuse for mistakes when you have a picture to go by.
>>
>>5925831
Mmmm speaking of. Has anyone clearcoated over the top of reprolabels? Does that cause any problems?
>>
>>5925843
>nothing disappointed me more as a kid than not getting the exact thing I wanted.
I'm sure you can see how saying something like this can make you SEEM like an ungrateful child. But I see where you're coming from. There's nothing wrong with being disappointed, but holding resentment towards your parents about that disappointment isn't right; especially when (as a parent) they were most likely trying to make you happy but made a mistake.

>>5925844
>That is a native part of growing up to inflict damage to things and then regret it.
While I agree, I think you didn't bother to read and/or comprehend the entirety of my post. You would have seen where I mentioned a 2 year old sister who has a penchant for mischief regarding small toy parts that may or may not result in a trip to the hospital/pediatrician. Also, I can't say I'm too keen on spending 35 dollars on a toy I KNOW she'll break in less than a day vs. a 30 dollar toy I KNOW she'll actually play with and not try to take apart. But again, that comes from being a parent and actually interacting with this toddler for the entirety of her life. I can basically predict with nigh certainty what she'll do in most given situations. I'm sure as she gets older, she won't be AS predictable. But for right now, she's pretty predictable.
>>
>>5925822
>get a gift from your parents for no fucking reason
>it's not exactly what you wanted
>but you're okay with that because it's still a gift
>pushover
I hope this is fucking bait. This fucking board, I swear. I always knew you were entitled manchildren, but holy shit.
>>
>>5925859

I don't resent them for it. I'm just saying, I prefer nothing to not getting what I want. It's more of a disappointment thing, once for being a waste of money that could've been spent better (either by getting the thing I wanted, or saved), and two for it not being the object of my attention, meaning I had no interest in it in the first place.
>>
>>5925846
You can check my Kijiji listing over here.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1185375694

I ma quite serious about it.
>>
>>5925873
>I don't resent them for it
The fact that you still remember it and are harping on it by implying they just didn't care means you kind of have a little resentment about it.
>>
File: 2016-09-22 13.43.07.jpg (3MB, 1590x2829px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-22 13.43.07.jpg
3MB, 1590x2829px
>>5925596
Hasbro is good with the PE kit and much cheaper. Unless your not a fan of the original toy colors which the hasbro version homages.
>>
>>5925876
Not him, but suddenly remembering something when it's relevant is completely normal and doesn't have to mean anything.
I think you are heavily overestimating it all.
>>
File: 1369796004953.gif (474KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1369796004953.gif
474KB, 200x150px
>>5925894
Remembering something like that (relevant or not) and then claiming it happened because your parents just don't care does mean something; especially if you're a parent yourself.

But whatever, it's not that big a deal so I'll shut up about it now.
>>
>>5925884

How does that kit work? Do you have to take any parts off Not-Silverbolt?
>>
>>5925909
Not him, but the chest just plugs over the factory chest, no modifications required, but it was molded with cw superion chest as the base, so it isn't fully compatible with uw Computron, you can put it on him but it will bend some of the tabs.
>>
>>5925905
>claiming it happened because your parents just don't care does mean something
Yes, except no one has claimed that. It's literally just something you're trying to push.

>especially if you're a parent yourself.
So basically it's just your own insecurities speaking.
>>
File: 1391111064839.png (102KB, 321x326px) Image search: [Google]
1391111064839.png
102KB, 321x326px
>>5925884
God fucking damn that's beautiful.
>>
Anybody got that picture of Jet Blast Off telling Boob blast off to stop stealing her friends?
>>
anyone got any idea as to where I could find a new sticker sheet for mp laserwave aside from going on a trading forum and sucking someone's dick for their unused stickers?
>>
>>5925940
>Yes, except no one has claimed that.
Umm...did you even read >>5925727? Or are you just jumping into this conversation without having read any of the previous posts?

>So basically it's just your own insecurities speaking.
To a degree, yes. I don't want my daughters to grow up as spoiled little brats, and I'm hoping they don't adopt the attitude of "He didn't get me x-thing so therefore he doesn't care". I'm pretty sure we all know a lot of girls like that and they're just awful to be around.
>>
>>5925256
I used his hands for my 2007 starscream
>>
THis guy is fan-fucking-tastic
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5926013
Whoops
>>
>>5925977
I'm the same anon actually, and I really didn't mean that much by it.

Don't worry, your kids won't hate you forever because you got a toy wrong. Especially not when you have a good reason like the one mentioned earlier, it actually shows that you care a lot.
>>
>>5925503
>tfw we will never get a transformibg kouryu and anryu
>>
File: OptimusWhat.jpg (37KB, 265x255px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusWhat.jpg
37KB, 265x255px
>>5926024

You tried.
>>
>>5926034
It is literally impossible to do that if you are going for show accuracy and because of being a Brave toy would have partsforming.
>>
File: 02.jpg (356KB, 1675x941px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
356KB, 1675x941px
>>5925288
Sorry for the late reply. If you look at the right leg in this picture, you can make out a tiny crack in the slot. I'm sure it's not the case with all Quillfire, but it's worth being safe.
>>
>>5926047
Why can't we have a wt trans waifu bots like the glorious artwork?! All Im asking for is a qt trapbot with a penis.
>>
>>5926063
>All Im asking for is a qt trapbot with a penis.
Legends Blackarachnia, female botmode, male beastmode, you didn't specify which mode should have the dick.
>>
When do we get another Japanese Schoolgirl Robo?
>>
>>5925909
you have to replace the head, which is kindve a pain in the ass
>>
>>5926156
Was her cartoon design that obvious? I can't even remember it anymore.
>>
>>5926157
Seems like they glued the gestalt head on Computron, Silverbolts was just hold together by the screw.
>>
>>5925872
How is pointing out a truth, entitled? I presumed we we're talking in the context of kids, maybe you still get toys from your parents, but that's pretty uncommon I'd say.
>>
>>5925884
Even then the legs are way inferior to Takaras.
>>
>>5926172
Nosecone yes, Lightspeed no, both are shit for different reasons, Hasbro needed a different head and paint scheme, the Takara needs a better mold.
>>
>>5925284

Am I the only one who thought this guy was supposed to be an Orca?
Heh.. maybe a porcapine, amirite?
>>
>>5926190

Yeah, his face looks a lot like an orca.
>>
I wish computron weren't a box set

All I want is a nosecone that isn't an abortion, I don't want to pay 200$ for 4 other bots I don't really want that much
>>
File: Giftset - Technobot - Lightspeed.jpg (149KB, 1300x606px) Image search: [Google]
Giftset - Technobot - Lightspeed.jpg
149KB, 1300x606px
>>5926185
Hasbro "lightspeed" is terrible the only attempt was in the colours and the uw beats it at that.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
>>5926194
>tfw you legit like the Brawl mold
>tfw you'd like a Nosecone drone army
>>
>>5926198
Do you have the UW? i guess not, because then you'd noticed the tiny head that is way foward on the neck, still has the lanky arms and akward articulated hips, I have him and he will be a car or a shin forever, the mold just don't work for his botmode.
>>
File: RID-toy_Ruination.jpg (209KB, 788x500px) Image search: [Google]
RID-toy_Ruination.jpg
209KB, 788x500px
CW Ruination with Shuttle Movor when?
>>
File: Technobot - Lightspeed - Altmode.jpg (320KB, 1200x909px) Image search: [Google]
Technobot - Lightspeed - Altmode.jpg
320KB, 1200x909px
>>5926217
I do own him, arms and legs and head are fine, and it actually tries to look like him, your gripes are your own.
>>
>>5926230
I'm not saying either is better than the other, both suck, turn him to botmode and look at him sideways, enjoy that hunchback.
>>
File: Technobot - Lightspeed - Robot.jpg (611KB, 1200x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Technobot - Lightspeed - Robot.jpg
611KB, 1200x1969px
>>5926237
I think the proportions suit him, and Brakedown as well.
>>
>>5926230
Man that is a pretty cool vehicle mode. Too bad the recent ones have more realistic altmodes instead of having those finlike things and big rear.
>>
File: what_did_you_say.jpg (38KB, 800x319px) Image search: [Google]
what_did_you_say.jpg
38KB, 800x319px
>>5926224
Will Hasbro even import shuttle Blast-Off?
Imagine the massive fucking profit they'd make if they actually fixed the colors as well.
>>
>>5926250
I hope so, otherwise Galvatronus will forever be a limb short.
>>
File: UW - Technobot - Lightspeed.jpg (404KB, 2164x1092px) Image search: [Google]
UW - Technobot - Lightspeed.jpg
404KB, 2164x1092px
>>5926247
Yeah, it makes him the odd one out of the UW set. Perhaps in the future him and the others (Wildrider, Slingshot, Blades, etc) will get new unique molds in the next generations lines.
>>
>>5926255
Man, if they had just remolded the hood that would have been enough for me. But it just looks like red Wheeljack.
>>
File: Lightspeed-g1tv.jpg (138KB, 918x586px) Image search: [Google]
Lightspeed-g1tv.jpg
138KB, 918x586px
>>
>>5926271
Do a CW one.
>>
>>5925633
UW Defensor is shite so that explains it
>>
>>5926328
This is true. The only reason why you might want him over the Hasbro one was for Groove, which can now be bought separately anyway.
>>
>>5926285
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 236x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 236x469px
>>5926285
>>
>>5926335
Nailed it.
>>
>>5926328
Most of UW is shit except for Superion and Computron.
>>
>>5925738
>>5925813
>>5925824
>>5925840
>>5925859
>>5925872
>>5925876
>>5925905
>>5925977
Wow man, you're a fucking dick
>>
>>5926346
UW Superion is also inferior to the Hasbro version. The only good UW set is Computron, and Devastator if we're including that. Even then Devastator is shit, just lesser of the two evils
>>
File: 26793364535_af99dd154b_b.jpg (136KB, 746x743px) Image search: [Google]
26793364535_af99dd154b_b.jpg
136KB, 746x743px
The perfect Lightspeed that we will never have.
>>
>>5926353
>perfect
>>
>>5926347
Seconded.
Bad parent projecting his insecurities all over the place
>>
>>5926362
>if someone does a job incompetently you don't have the right to complain
Imagine if the entire world worked like this
>>
>>5926351
I prefer the UW since the hasbro one is a helicopter as one limb, and a f1 racecar is the other for me.
>>
File: DSC_2496.jpg (118KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2496.jpg
118KB, 663x1000px
i wonder whatever happen to this lugnut mold... they only used it once right?
>>
>>5926367
>using the wave 1 box art configuration
> in a line promoted on modular play
>>
>>5926375
>for me

Perhaps he lives in a country where Wave 2 and Air Raid never came out.
>>
>>5926371
Probably forgotten about, which is a shame because it's a fantastic mold
>>
>>5926371
It's like Jazz, Warpath, Scourge and Kup (outside of Hasbro Asia releases), line changes as well as increases in material costs made reuse of these molds more expensive.
>>
>>5926371
I'd love a Blackout style deco of RTS Lugnut
>>
>>5926385
Dingdingding.
>>
>>5926367
>muh geewun muh slingshot
Also seriously? Going by the package art?
>>
File: Bait.jpg (155KB, 1024x891px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
155KB, 1024x891px
>>5926353
>tfw you already own the perfect Lightspeed toy

sucks to suck.
>>
>>5926465
>That hip kibble.
Otherwise nice scout class fig.
>>
>>5925122
T30 Blitzwing was a terrible toy. I think we can all agree that he's one of the worst Transformers of the modern era.
>>
>>5925122
MP Coronation Starscream, easily.

>Only way to get him was from Asia for $200
>torso doesn't peg together at all
>unfixable design flaw

I hate him.
>>
>>5926509
what design flaw?
>>
File: 20160922_220320.jpg (957KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160922_220320.jpg
957KB, 1836x3264px
Bruticus devastate Devastator!
>>
>>5926465
>bait.jpg
Glad you realized
>>
>>5926534
>uw bruticus
>that thigh configuration
>that brawl configuration
>that swindle configuration
J U S T
U S T J
S T J U
T J U S
>>
>>5926538
I just went with the box config. What fan mode do you want it in and I will try to do that.

Only paid $100 CAD for it so you know why not buy it. It's still cheaper than the CW where I live.
>>
>>5926534

Shuttle BO in proper colors when, Hasbro? Don't fuck this up. All you need to do is another Groove-style release.
>>
>>5926543
There's nothing I can really say because that would just be polishing a turd
>>
>>5926534
Hahaha holy shit Fat Off looks terrible in every mode
>>
>>5926548
K.

>>5926553
Hey that is offensive to fat robots like Fat Off! The correct term is Big Framed.
>>
>>5926554
>>>/a/llspark
>>>/t/umblr
Go back and take your overpriced turd with you
>>
>>5925336
>tfw i orginally posted this screencap
Fuck, man, I never wanted spergs to keep spamming it
>>
>>5926559
K. Wanna hold hands going back there?
>>
>>5926554
>>5926563
Cringe
>>
>>5926563
I would but I don't go there and I don't want to touch your bull's cum or your cheeto dust from Fat Off
>>
>>5926505
He's not. They just fucked up the shoulder plastic. We shouldn't have to fix it but it's easily done.
>>
>>5926544
A stand-alone shuttle Blast Off in Hasbro Jet Blast Off colors would be perfect.
>>
>>5926599
I would get that as well. Combined mode I never really liked Bruticus and I didnt plan on getting one, ended up getting one since it was only $100 Canadian MISB from a friend who didn't want it so why not.
>>
File: Rotf-demolishor-toy-voyager.jpg (383KB, 1532x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rotf-demolishor-toy-voyager.jpg
383KB, 1532x900px
>>5925122
This asshole. He looked so cool but turned out so shit. You're better off with a Tonka truck if you want an excavator toy.
>>
>>5925122
Movie Fem Bikes, Cybertron Thunderblast, Beast Machines Silverbolt, TF 4 Lockdown
>>
>>5925218
Someone saved my picture! <squee>
>>
>>5926609
I've heard nothing but bad things about AoE Lockdown, but nobody's explained to me what makes the toy bad.

I'm also curious on why you dislike Thunderblast. I assume it's due to the shellforming?
>>
>>5926627
It was a shellformer that was 80% shell and it was just a frame for the most part. I owned one for a bit then gave it away.
>>
>>5926609
I kinda liked Chromia.
>>
>>5926599
Shuttle Blast Off is a shit tier mold though
>>
>>5926627
Lockdown is bland, maybe? Like they designed a head and some of a body before they decided what product placement he was going to be, then just slapped a Lambo shell on it. And T-Blast is all shell forming, all the time
>>
>>5926650
It's more like the entire set had QC problems. Strafe doesn't seem to have the problems.
>>
>>5926650
The mold itself isn't that bad, since Strafe pulls it off fantastically. If you swap Blastoff's arms around, and transform him with his head and waist turned backwards, he looks A LOT better and doesn't have those big D-cup tits in your face.
>>
>>5926662
The arm mode itself is fat and ugly, and is the robot mode. The shuttle mode has blatant arms hanging off the side visibly

Strafe fixes all of those problems
>>
>>5926672
See >>5926671

Really, I shouldn't have to mistransform a toy that blatantly for it to look good. If I have to then it's probably not a good toy
>>
>>5926671
>>5926672
Do you guys have that fan art for Boob off and Jet off? I've been asking for that since the start of the thread. I thought I have saved that but I couldn't find it.
>>
>>5926676
maverick-h-stuff.tumblr.com
>>
>>5926687
Thanks anon.
>>
>>5926687
>>5926676

That drawfag needs to be more active here, I like those sketches.
>>
>>5926608
I honestly considered getting him just for the motorcycle fan mode, but that robot mode ain't worth it.
>>
>>5926700
I like how he pays attention to random requests. Like once during some shitstorm about Transformers and gender someone brought up Brainstorm and I said "someone draw a qt 3.14 brainstorm waifu". The next thread he posts a drawing of a brainstorm waifu.
>>
>>5926536
I mean, I do actually own him and love him, but he's way over stylized.
>>
>>5926707
>he's way too tiny and ugly
Fixed
>>
Alright, so I want to look into getting a few MP's somewhere down the line. Are there any notable differences between some JPN MP releases and US ones?

Only thing I know of is the US Prime has brighter, more cartoony coloring.
>>
>>5926753
Paint for the most part. The Japanese MPs usually has a different paint on them.
>>
>>5926753
It depends. Prowl, Bluestreak, and Bumblebee have the added CE marking. First-release Grimlock has different paint applications and a crown instead of the pile of useless Sunbow shit Takara's came with. I think the second release was just the Takara deco with the crown. Rodimus was a completely different deco with his targetmaster instead of a trailer. Thundercracker is a different deco from what Takara eventually made, and I think Starscream has some differences alongside having the coronation gear swapped for the stand. Hasbro's Sunstorm is Ronald McDonald.

If you want to talk about Ye Olde Masterpiece Line, 20th Anniversary OP is MP-01 with chopped-down stacks and battle damage, usually with a black rifle. Starscream is self-explanatory.
>>
>>5926778
>have the added CE marking

CE marking?
>>
>>5926786
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
>>
>>5926627
I like Lockdown fine. The fact that he's been dirt cheap for ages means I'm not gonna judge him too harshly.

He's a deluxe with a fun gimmick, and isn't horrible in the other areas. He has good articulation including forward-and-back feet tilting. The shells on the hands don't bother me, nor do the ones on Gen Kup.
>>
>>5926674
It's the same idea behind Generations Sunstreaker/Sideswipe: you can get two out of one. It's less a mistransformation and more going with the backup.
>>
>>5926813
Lockdown should have been Voyager or leader because he was the big bad of that movie.
>>
>>5926835
Doesn't save the arm mode or the shuttle mode
>>
File: mr stealy.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mr stealy.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys. I've been lifting TMs, legends and deluxes for awhile now but I was wondering if you guys had any tips for getting away with voyagers or leaders?
>>
>>5926881
I hope you get caught and jailed for being a cancer to society
>>
>>5926884
Hey man, Transformers aren't cheap and as an adult it isn't responsible to spend money on toys.
>>
>>5926881
Committing suicide.
>>
>>5926881
Don't.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 608x1070px
>>5926881
>I want tips on how to shoplift big ticket items

Pic related is a step-by-step guide on exactly that.
>>
My favorite part is swiping duplicates and then turning around and selling them on ebay for scalper prices.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 480x640px
How can I lock his head into place?
>>
>>5926892
Oh yeah, it's totally not expensive to design toys or buy the raw materials or to pay the workers' wages or to produce the product or for retailers to buy the product

Off yourself
>>
>>5926881

The butthole is nature's pocket.
>>
>>5926881
You're just trying to bait.

But for those honestly wondering that question. The answer is don't.

I'm not even saying don't do it because of moral reasons. I'm saying it's not worth it. I know from experience. Spend that $25 or don't get it. That's it. Yeah it's far from the cheapest option, but getting caught will cost way more.
>>
>>5926543

Where did you get it for 100 CAD
>>
>>5926881
As much as this is super bait, if you get caught you will forever remembered as "That guy who tried stealing toys."
>>
>>5926881
>>5926892
>>5926903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI0_FAT-lKs

Just gotta get good son. That and find stores in neighboring towns with garden centers. Try to throw them over and into bushes Then just stay away for a wave or two.
>>
>>5926921
Buddy of mine bought it and didn't want it because it hit him how much he spent on the item didn't even got to open it since he had a really big buyers remorse right after opening his packing box. Then I had some old shit I got from other trades lying around and he wanted those so I just gave it to him and paid him $100 bucks for it. Those were just random Power Rangers stuff that I got through trades as add-ons and they're in quite the good condition and actually sell for a bit on ebay so I just threw him a couple for the other offset of $100. I just didn't want the hassle of selling them on ebay or Kijiji.
>>
Yep this episode is shit, thank Primus it's over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB2a2aod714
>>
File: Motormaster_Disappointed.jpg (15KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Motormaster_Disappointed.jpg
15KB, 210x240px
>>5926881
>Been to Ikea
>Bought some stuff and got a bag for it
>Stop by TRU to check out if they got anything new
>Have to bring bag along cause no car
>Get greeted by two employees
>No problem
>Third one suddenly comes and tells me to leave the bag by the cash register
>tw she thought I was gonna steal shit
>tfw had to buy something to not make it seem like I was
>tfw only thing that was remotely appealing was RiD Strongarm
I can totally understand why I had to leave the bag, but it's really never happened before so I was a pretty surprised. Would have gone to TRU first if I was prepared.
>>
>>5926953
I live in a city where there is a plastic bag ban. Everyone is supposed to bring their own bag. I usually just get groceries from Fred Meyers and then stash figures at the bottom of my bag. A self checkout later and I'm home free with new figures.
>>
File: 1449711219720.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449711219720.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>5926896
>>
>>5926960
Let me guess, you live in a leftycuck country like Korea or something
>>
>>5926881
Turn yourself into the police.
>>
>>5926963
Nope, good ol' USA.
>>
>>5926964
I am the police.
>>
>>5926967
Damn, those things they say about the US getting cucked to death is true

>>5926968
Turn yourself in to yourself and give yourself a death sentence.
>>
File: trust no one.png (278KB, 640x715px) Image search: [Google]
trust no one.png
278KB, 640x715px
>>5926970
>>
>>5926904
Super glue
>>
File: 1474586983775.jpg (92KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1474586983775.jpg
92KB, 800x533px
What went wrong?
>>
>>5926980

Nothing, Hotspot is a solid mold as long as they fix his damn leg this time around like they did for Onslaught.
>>
>>5926980
Hahahaha holy shit her left knee is exploding
>>
>>5926980
Torso face from /vr/
>>
>>5926988
>PLEASE K-K-KILL MEEEE....
>>
>>5925440
woooow wtf, this is somehow pretty disturbing
>>
>>5926156
oh shit i still have one somewhere
>>
>Sins of the Wreckers
Screw IDW
To me Roadbuster will always be Doomguy/Serious Sam: the 'bot
They should honestly tone down the whole "give everyone issues of some kind" mentality
>>
>>5927030
Yeah, that series sucked like muck on a buck.
>>
>>5927041
The other one, Last Stand, was ok-ish beside Fort Max getting worfed to hype Overlord
>>
File: Binary_Domain_-_Tsar_Runner.jpg (81KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
Binary_Domain_-_Tsar_Runner.jpg
81KB, 800x566px
>>5926608
>>
>>5927030

He didn't have "issues" though, he had someone literally sitting in his head driving him insane.
>>
>>5927041
I was real bummed out I really dug Last Stand but Sins was just a mess. At least we've got IDW Tarantulus hanging around I guess...
>>
File: Screenshot_7.jpg (24KB, 279x210px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.jpg
24KB, 279x210px
>>5925260
>be me, 9 years old
>grandma travels to France
>all I want is an Asterix figure (pic related)
>my friend has one, borrow box to give to grandma so she knows what she's looking for
>grandma returns home with Transformers Pretender Landmine
how?
>>
>>5927097

Because that Asterix line is from 1980, dickhead. If she got you a Landmine then it must've been at least '88. Your grandma probably doesn't own a time machine.
>>
>>5927097
Now this is actually being an entitled prick. How the fuck do you expect your grandmother to buy something 8 years after it's released?
>>
>>5927097
>Expecting this out of a grandma
Anon, they're too old for that shit.
>>
>>5927103
>>5927112

FYI that Asterix line was still sold around the end of the 80's too. Lots of my friends had it.
>>
File: 101__scaled_800.jpg (331KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
101__scaled_800.jpg
331KB, 800x551px
How hard would it be to switch out Highbrows thighs/hips, hands and biceps with Scourge? Or does anyone have a pic of said kitbash?
>>
>>5927128
That's not what kitbash means.
>>
File: 20160923_051345.jpg (66KB, 1391x532px) Image search: [Google]
20160923_051345.jpg
66KB, 1391x532px
Shit.
>>
>>5927130
WHY IS THIS ALLOWED
>>
>>5927145
le john warden face
>>
File: 030.jpg (81KB, 486x650px) Image search: [Google]
030.jpg
81KB, 486x650px
>>5927121

The Toycloud line of Play Asterix figures were picked up by Ceji and added to with new figures, but they ceased production in 1984. Your nana would've been hard-pressed as fuck to find any in the late 80s, especially in France where Asterix was a pretty big deal.
>>
>>5927130
>>5927145
>>5927150
And that's only after five days of very sparse play.
>>
>>5927169

>actually playing with toys
>>
>>5927171
>being an autist who buys toys but doesn't play with them
Let me guess, you're that "Minibots are deluxe scale" tard aren't you
>>
File: 82b.jpg (25KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
82b.jpg
25KB, 500x404px
>>5925420
Jesus I forgot how creepy the G1 Wheelie toy was in robot mode.
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 968x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 968x1300px
>>5925122
WFC Deluxe Optimus Prime. Bought him when he first came out took me 2 months to transform him because I was afraid i would break the panels on his arms. Still a great figure.
>>
>>5927169
Shit, at least you got to play with it a bit.
Sometimes figures, like CW Bombshell, come with a shit ton of stress marks straight out of the packaging. I only dared to transform mine once and then gently put it aside.
>>
>>5927179
Or ROTF Scalpel. His leg sockets are worthless.
>>
File: cg.png (224KB, 482x271px) Image search: [Google]
cg.png
224KB, 482x271px
>>5927174

Naaaah, I'm just being a dick. I always have a couple of Legends or Legions knocking around to fiddle with while I'm browsing t'internet or watching TV.

Not sure what you're on about with Minibots and scales, though. Surely that's something you'd take on a case-by-case basis.
>>
Just got back in the collecting game. Is an affordable metroplex a lost cause now? Should I grab fortress maximus before I make the same mistake?

Also, is combiner wars ironhide a good replacement for universe ironhide seeing as that one is kinda garbage?
>>
>>5927197
Combiner Wars Ironhide is an ok figure, but it's a shit Ironhide and doesn't offer anything you can't get from CW Trailbreaker or Offroad.
>>
>>5925403

>Is CW Groove worth the 25 bucks Amazon

If you have Amazon Prime for the free shipping, them yes. You will be paying that much from HTS after taxes and service fees, and even more from anywhere else you may buy him. And as time goes on, he will more than likely get more expensive.

>>5925425
>Yea, I actually have the UW Computron set

So you have the funds to get him. That's awesome. Get him cheaper while you can. He's great.
>>
>>5927197

He's a solid enough figure, but isn't a great representation of Ironhide himself though. The recent Masterpiece is neat, but probably way bigger than you want.
>>
>>5927197
Metroplex and Fort Max are very whelming figures.

Even if you want the novelty of a titan class figure, FortMax isn't that great.
I'd honestly just wait to see Trypticon and Scorponok if you want a titan class
>>
File: 1474616157509.jpg (209KB, 559x533px) Image search: [Google]
1474616157509.jpg
209KB, 559x533px
>>5926980
A male mold with a male homage deco.
>>
>>5927203
>>5927200
Yeah I'm trying to stay consistent with my scales, otherwise MP ironhide would be good. But too big and too expensive. Just the fact that CW ironhide looks like he's just a downright better functioning toy than my universe ironhide is selling it for me.
>>
>>5926534
Is this modified in any way? Coming back into the hobby and thinking of getting all 5
>>
>>5927213
If you don't want Offroad or CW Trailbreaker then Ironhide's worth grabbing to get the mold, since Trailbreaker's existing CHUG toy is good while Ironhide's is shit.
>>
>>5927219
New bread
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>5927213
Get the IGear Ironhide, best "CHUG" Ironhide you'll find.

>>5927214
The articulated hand and bigger feet are a third party add on from perfect effect.
>>
>>5927214
Nope, the entire set is a redeco of victorion which is a set of retooled figures from the line, mostly new heads and chest panels with differing hfg's
>>
>>5927227
>the entire set is a redeco of victorion
Not sure how'd I feel about chubby Brawllete and Swindlyn.
>>
>>5927130
I really wish Hasbro would stop using staged hinges. They usually self-destruct before the tightness wears down, like MP Soundwave's leg panels.
>>
>>5927322
What is the definer for a staged hinge?
>>
>>5927360
A pinned hinge that moves in stages. You have to force the joint over edges on the hinge.
>>
>>5926929
Why did I watch the whole thing
>>
>>5927130
Those Grey plastics are extremely dense so those stress marks won't really get that worse.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ULg4RSy5Y
>>
Gold Plastic Syndrome... my oldest nemesis..
Thread posts: 414
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.