[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers general: Devastation edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 82

File: 1450799756284.jpg (85KB, 541x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450799756284.jpg
85KB, 541x720px
Old thread >>5407301
>>
Going too Walmart in a few days to start my Transform collection. What should I be on the lookout for?
>>
>>5410907
try finding Legends Viper, he's good
>>
>>5410907
>Walmart
Have fun finding literally nothing.
>>
>>5410907
At this point I think it's best to just buy online, you'll save time and money
>>
>>5410907
Any of the Combiner Wars "legends class" guys, whatever CW Deluxes you like the look of, and Voyager Class Silverbolt, Cyclonus, Hot Spot, or Onslaught. Leader Class Ultra Magnus is also really good.
>>
>>5410907
I would just go online, here's a list we made http://pastebin.com/vgkZ1EBp
>>
>>5410907
Going to stores is gambling really. Sometimes you find a single thing you like, sometimes it's just a row of oversized and underdeveloped RID figures clogging up all the space. I like in NYC and I rarely find what I want, I've given up at this point and just resorted to online.
>>
>>5410907

I'd say shop online, Anon. I started a collection recently (November), and /toy/ was a pretty big help to me. What wasn't a big help though, was my local stores, because they had virtually nothing. What characters are you looking for? Who do you think looks cool? We can probably give some suggestions based on that.
>>
>>5410972
I'm not interested in any particular characters, but I mainly wanna start of with a few "female" figures and Decepticon's.

My budget isn't huge btw.
>>
>>5410985
You are not going to find much at these brick/mortar retailers.

If you shop online go for generations Arcee and Chromia.

Combiner Wars Stunticons/Combaticons
Leader class Megatron
>>
>>5410961
Hell sometimes you find online only shit that some return to that Walmart
It's fun as adventure but yeah like others have spoken you are going to be a lot happier getting into the habit of buying online.
Toys R Us are good free shipping over 49 and they keep a steady stock but they usually put up listings on graveyard hours
Hasbro toy shop is decent, they usually run free shipping on orders over $50 but the stock is very random where sometimes there the first to get an item and other times they never get it
Amazon is a bit annoying best shipping of the bunch (free after $35) but they don't list stuff in good number and the nature of the place usually leads to scalper prices claiming the market
TFsource is good if you are buying cases and bulk, free shipping on $150 and they get cases in at a good rate
>>
>>5411018
Don't forget Bigbadtoystore, if you're a patient guy you can use Pile of Loot and preorder or buy stuff over time and then ship it all at once to save on shipping. I typically wait 6 months between orders so I get a huge box of toys all at once. It's like Christmas.
>>
File: OptimusAngels.jpg (288KB, 1455x759px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusAngels.jpg
288KB, 1455x759px
>>5410985

There aren't many female figures to choose from in Transformers. You're basically going to be limited to Arcee, Chromia, Windblade, and their Takara repaints, plus that one police 'bot from RiD. Even if you look to 3rd party (ie: expensive stuff) all you'll usually find is a swarm of Not-Arcee's based off some of her alt designs.

The good news is Chromia and Windblade are usually pretty cheap. Bad news is Arcee usually is not cheap, and Windblade has some posing issues because of her feet and her hips.
>>
File: robot waifus.jpg (699KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
robot waifus.jpg
699KB, 1632x1224px
>>5410985
I only own two fembots. I don't think there are many good ones out there, but I do enjoy both of the ones I got.

The red one is Generations Windblade. She receives a lot of hate and not without good reason. She's definitely not the worse choice if you're on a budget though. Don't pay more than $15 for her.

- Great articulation, but really shitty legs so good luck balancing her in a good pose
- Cool jet mode, but if you don't move her joints perfectly into position she'll quickly get stress marks on the plastic all over

She does have one of the coolest accessories though. A purple beam sword that comes with its own sheath is pretty amazing (and has the extra use of serving as her third leg in some poses, because she seriously needs it).

Now, since you did mention your budget isn't huge, maybe it's better to ignore all of the shitty suggestions /toy/ will give you and simply get the best fembot ever made. The girl in blue is Prime First Editon Arcee. She's usually sold for ridiculous prices online, but I did get lucky and find one new on eBay for $25. I'd say it's a fair deal if you can find one under $40.

She's pretty much perfect. Excellent articulation, super-slick vehicle mode, great details (really nice light piping on the eyes). The only complaints people can make about her are that her shoulders are not 100% show accurate (big deal, they look good any way) and that she's too big to scale properly with other characters from the show (but who doesn't like their toys bigger?)
>>
File: whncmavc.jpg (67KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
whncmavc.jpg
67KB, 1080x810px
>>5410949
>http://pastebin.com/vgkZ1EBp

That list is missing so many decent toys its sad.
>>
>>5410907
leader Magnus.
>>
>>5411125
i was so lucky and picked up a used RTS Lugnut last week.

goddamnit it's fucking amazing. How did the drop in quality happen so fast? even for original retail, dollars to dollars and inflation, yada yada - it's so far above anything else except Generations Springer for articulation.

HOW.
>>
>>5410907
>walmart
Walmart slave here. We have like no transformers. Only ones we have are battle core prime and motormaster. And we have those because i got the department manager to order more.
>>
>>5411122
Arcee looks sick. Definitely going to shop around for her.

>>5411150
What about the Legends version?

>>5411166

Looks like online for me.
>>
File: 6930684733_ab5129dca4.jpg (147KB, 436x500px) Image search: [Google]
6930684733_ab5129dca4.jpg
147KB, 436x500px
>>5411156
I'd love to nab Lugnut, but that fucker is expensive, way too expensive for me to dip into. If I had the money I'd get the united version since his coloration is superior in my opinion.

Also is it me or does SG Drift look a lot like Zero? Just give him an orange ponytail, some added green bits, and white paint and you have yourself a cybertronian Zero for your MMX/Transformers crossover fanfic.
>>
>>5411190
That sounds autistic as all fuck, I say go for it.
>>
File: TransformersDownAndOut.jpg (712KB, 1489x2025px) Image search: [Google]
TransformersDownAndOut.jpg
712KB, 1489x2025px
>>5411175

Honestly, Leader CW Magnus is probably the best Ultra Magnus figure you'll ever get that isn't the Masterpiece one, and that MP is expensive as fuck.

I'd also recommend getting any of the Combiner Wars gestalts, and Leader Megatron too. Just if you get CW Menasor, realize he's got some balancing issues because he is topheavy as a motherfucker. Also at this point it's probably cheaper to get UW Menasor because of all the scalping of the early CW line figures going on. Also really recommend Legends CW Shockwave, awesome little dude.
>>
>>5411190
He looks like a shitty Deadpool rip off.
>>
>>5411204
That's because he is. Seriously that's his bio.
>>
>>5411175
There's no official legends version. There's some legion size white optimi though.
>>
>>5411207
Bravo, Funpub. SO original.
>>
>>5411201
TFA Magnus is pretty sweet too if you don't mind the style.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 773x1000px
>>5410985
Best female in the line.
>>
File: 1433288118265.gif (832KB, 252x188px) Image search: [Google]
1433288118265.gif
832KB, 252x188px
>>5411220
>Botcon figure
>best in anything
>>
>>5410912
This. My local Wal Marts and Targets are still empty from Christmas.
>>
>>5411220
Ehats the point of her pose?
>>
>>5411227
Head is actually sculpted well and paint work is on point. Not really much to complain about.
>>
>>5411227
>hating on the awesome black autobot logo with a lightning bolt through it

I want a whole team with that logo, almost like an Autobot counterpart to the DJD.
>>
File: r_rapido-065.jpg (790KB, 1680x1416px) Image search: [Google]
r_rapido-065.jpg
790KB, 1680x1416px
>>5411227
>implying being a Botcon figure, by definition is bad

Try not to be so obvious. They've had some real shit ideas, but they've also had great ones too.
>>
>>5411235
You mean...like the Wreckers?
>>
>>5411250
>they've also had great ones too.
Maybe you'll post some sometime.
>>
>>5411251
Do they actively torture and hunt down Autobot traitors?
>>
File: 3851002.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3851002.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>5411252

Name something wrong with each of those.
>>
>>5411255
No, because the Autobots wouldn't employ a force that does that.

Now, Decepticons on the other hand. Yeah, they murder them.
>>
>>5411122
>First Edition Arcee

Other than the fact that FE has both blades, I think the RiD Arcee is a better toy.
>>
>>5411266
So an Autobot force like the DJD would be a literal division of justice, like an elite law enforcement group, who hunt fugitives down and arrest them for trial, kind of like Autobot FBI.
>>
>>5411267
I think FE is just visually superior in many ways. But I do agree the RiD version may be better for actually playing with. A much simpler transformation into the same vehicle mode, plus hands that can actually hold things.[spoiler] I like the Takara Hunter version best because it's painted with the right colors.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5411201
Shockwave is easily the best legends in the line right now, but still a shame about that odd peg.
>>
>>5410985
Your best bet for Arcee is the Takara Arcee, who runs about $35 right now. She was woefully underproduced in the US, but Takara did a second run of their release that brought prices down.

There's also the three recent Decepticon fembots Takara released who you might like, but the Slipstream/Windblade mold is iffy.

I'd say look for the Transformers Animated BlackArachnia. You might be able to eBay her for pretty cheap right now, and she's a design that can fit into most other collections.

For non-fembots there's also the MP Exhaust for $30 on eBay who is almost as good as the real one, but just bear in mind that there might be QA issues with him.

Walmarts may have several Legends Blackjacks who is really good; you cant really go wrong with Legends figures.
>>
File: BotCon_2006group.jpg (29KB, 648x323px) Image search: [Google]
BotCon_2006group.jpg
29KB, 648x323px
>>5411252
Did funpub do these? These were done before I fully collected TFs.

If they did then these are pretty cool.
>>
>>5411276
Basically a Tyrest Accord Enforcer Squad.
>>
>>5411122
>(but who doesn't like their toys bigger?)

Fucking size queens
>>
>>5411284
It was their second set, when they still had ideas to mine. I'd go as far to say that the first 4 years were all solid with a few individual misses. '09 is when the redundant/pointless stuff starting coming.
>>
>>5411291
The animated Stunticons is probably the best set they ever did, bar none. I'm unsure what else they could do that could reach that level of quality again. G2 Redux was mostly good but I wouldn't mind them doing another single team again. Prime Protectobots?
>>
>>5411284

I wish something like this was done in 2009 when they could have pulled from the classics and universe molds.
>>
>>5410900
Are any of the transformers games good? I liked the NDS ones.

please don't force me to got to /v/
>>
>>5411343
Devastation was pretty good, that's the new one.
>>
>>5411343
war for cybertron and fall of cybertron were pretty good
>>
>>5411318
>2005
Solid but unremarkable. The Ironhide and Ratchet are obvious, but not bad, and Deathsaurus is a neat curveball (though BW Megs would probably have been more interesting). Mostly let down by lack of direction.

>2006
A really clever theme done up fully well. Every toy fits and the designs just work for what they were going for. Longrack into Dinobot is the highlight of the year despite its simplicity.

>2007
Bug Bite is a very strange choice but he doesn't look bad. Expanding on Classics was a good idea. Dreadwind looks great, and the Seekers were an easy grab (though they make the set cost like a jillion dollars). Let down mostly by the fact that these should not be exclusives.

>2008
My favorite set. Shattered Glass in its early days was a pretty fun idea, and it's an idea that works great for con exclusives - it's not essential, but it is neat. Megatron and Optimus are beautiful, the Autobot Seekers are a neat little unit, and none of the figures are really flawed (though Sideswipe and Blurr are a bit dated).
>2009
The year where things started to go south. Flak and Landshark are bland, Kup and Thunderclash could have been done so much better. Banzai-Tron, Leozack, and Scourge turned out well, though. Razorclaw was kinda doomed from the outset.

>2010
Another case of "not essential but fun to have," and one that turned out pretty well. The toys look unique and interesting, and the molds are well-chosen. Pyro came at just the right time, though he needed a new head. The breaking of the G2 theme is the biggest problem, but the toys still display well together.

>2011
I don't need to tell you how great the Stunticon set was. It was everything it needed to be and more, a final hurrah for a great era. Even the written fiction turned out great. The only thing that could have improved the box set was if they somehow turned it into a combiner. We even finally got Action Master Thundercracker.
>>
>>5411343

The DS movie one is surprisingly good. It's neat that it lets you change altmodes. It's not perfect but it's good if you like Transformers.

Other than that, WfC, FoC, Rise of the Dark Spark, and Devastation are all good games on their own merits.
>>
>>5411343
>I liked the NDS ones.

>>5411386
>The DS movie one is surprisingly good.

You know that these are the same game, right?
>>
>>5411387
I was agreeing with him spergfuck.
>>
>>5411284
I wish I could find this set. I want it so badly.
>>
>>5411384
I think 2009 was probably the biggest waste of a year in terms of botcon exclusives. OCs are a thing that shouldn't be using up figure slots.
>>
Well, after helping my little sis move, I learned that the doll displays built for standardized bodies do not work on Transformers.

Also, is there a way to look up missile sizes? A used one I got is incompatible with all the missiles I have and didn't have his own so I want to find other figures have the same size.
>>
>>5411384
>2012
This is where things jump off a cliff. The figures have nothing in common and the molds are ill-chosen. Even when they do go right, they still fuck it up (making Octopunch and Tracks SG). The only figure that unreservedly works is Kick-Off.

>2013
Hard to say if it's better or worse than last year. Strika and Electro turned out okay, but the problem is that Machine Wars is kind of a crappy idea for redecoes because unlike G2, Machine Wars is mostly bland-looking. The most popular item that year was the Sunstorm pack of a seven-year-old mold, and even that fucked up with its black arms. The fact that they had a Skyquake mold in the box set and turned it into Megaplex is just saddening.

>2014
A minor improvement. Devcon works, Cannonball's good for what he is. Scorponok's a very impressive accomplishment. Aside from that, nothing's very interesting or unique. Alpha Trizer is weird, Ferak is bland and Tornado is dumb, Apelinq and Shokaract just look inadequate. The Clones are a bit clever, even though they don't look much like the Clones.

>2014
Packrat and Battletrap are okay for what they are, but everything else is a mess. SG Stepper is stupid. Megatron was the result of grasping to find something that could fit the Breakdown mold and then grabbing fucking Movie Megatron. Oilmaster makes you weep for all the plastic wasted. Everything else is barely worth mentioning. When the highlight of the year is the Diaclone homages, you know something's gone wrong.
>>
>>5411403
Uh Wings of Honor was pretty good, Shattered Glass year was an OC nightmare.
>>
>>5411343

War for/Fall of Cybertron and Devastation are pretty much not only the best TF videogames, they're also just plain good games. Especially Devastation, which is basically a Bayonetta reskin.
>>
>>5411227
The Flamewar from BH Arcee looks cool. If I had money I'd buy it.
>>
>>5411422
SG was OC-heavy, but it was at least OCs based on older characters and an old concept. Shattered Glass existed so that fans could set up an "Invaders from the Mirror Universe!" display, and there isn't anything really wrong with that. And for donut steels, most of them turned out alright. It didn't turn into cancer until 2012's set.
>>
>>5411426
>bayonetta reskin
As much as I love both games bayonetta was much longer.

More like a bayonetta light/bayonetta casual since the game is even easier than bayonetta
>>
>>5411422
What was good about 2009 other than Scourge and Banzaitron?

>>5411426
Thank you for saying that. I thought Devastation looked good and was a good game, but it wasn't a particularly good Transformers game. WFC and FOC are basically the apex of being a Transformers game on a pure gameplay level. You are big, you are chunky, and you turned into a kick ass vehicle at will that you needed to use sometimes. The biggest sin of those kinds of games is that they didn't make more of them and expand on what was used. They only just got to using combiners, but could you imagine a sequel with expanded MP and with headmasters?
>>
>>5411438
Leozack turned out looking very nice, at least. Landshark and Flak aren't really bad toys so much as they are nothing concepts; if they were released at retail, they'd be decent figures.
>>
>>5411438

I thought it was a great Transformers game. Just saying it was basically Bayonetta though. It even had Witch Time.

I do love most Platinum games though, and beat'em ups in that vein.
>>
>>5411447
Landshark and Flak aren't bad by themselves, I actually really like the look of Flak, but this is in the context of a boxset that you're paying a pretty heavy premium for. Nothing concepts are something that shouldn't be there.
>>
>>5411421
>SG Stepper is stupid.

Stepper was the only figure from the entire set that interested me. I think the figure looks really cool, but I'm a sucker for Shattered Glass.
>>
>>5411456
Yeah. I'll say this for FunPub, making exclusives is a bit tricky. You have to create concepts that are interesting (so that people will want them) but not essential (so that more than about two thousand people won't want them). This was why 2007 was such a mess, because they misjudged the number of people who were okay with their Seeker display permanently at two out of three. I wouldn't be surprised if that was why they made all the toys the next year relative OCs.

Delving down the deep dark road of sucking TFWiki's dick, however, was not the solution.

>>5411464
Really? Honestly, I'm interested to hear why, because I was just confused. We already got an SG Ricochet, and the color scheme didn't look all that interesting.
>>
File: MP-Ironhide-14.jpg (94KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
MP-Ironhide-14.jpg
94KB, 720x1280px
So is MP Ironhide getting released this month or delayed? Usually by this time we get some teaser pics or even in-hand pics from China.
>>
>>5411473
>Honestly, I'm interested to hear why, because I was just confused.

For me? I can think of a few reasons:
1) I love the gaudy colors. Gives me a G2 vibe, and I love G2 color scheme (probably because of nostalgia).
2) I love the Classics Jazz mold. This shouldn't be a surprise because fucking everyone loves that mold. The Targetmaster was a nice little bonus too.
3) SG Ricochet and Jazz, IMO, look like utter shit and are based on one of the worst Cybertron car modes.
4) Like I said before, I'm a sucker for anything Shattered Glass. I love the concept of good guys being evil and bad guys being heroes.
>>
>>5411473
Well said, I hate it how things worked out if this is the end for them, hate it also for those who problems with them. I do feel for every sucky idea they had something stellar. They always were good to me. In fact not to sound to broke up about them my major let downs involving them are wrapped up with this. Punch/Counterpunch has a shrunken head. Animated Cheetor can only hang his head in shame. Pirhanacon is a mess. Machine Wars Hoist shoulders hurt, & Cannonball's thighs hurt. Bought an after market Slice who is missing a headlight. Considering how much they have done, that's not to bad of a record of screw ups. Oh I forgot about bandito mustache insecticons from 2005
>>
>>5411536
Aha, that's fair. I guess I didn't like him because I didn't think he was gaudy enough. Like, compare him to Clench or something. Clench is a mess of fluorescent pink and dark green and sparkly blue, with big lightning bolt decals, and it's instantly distinctive. Stepper doesn't really hit that for me - the red-orange is more ugly than gaudy, and the deco is nothing new.
>>
File: 20160116_181958~01.jpg (940KB, 2122x3566px) Image search: [Google]
20160116_181958~01.jpg
940KB, 2122x3566px
Does this belong here?
>>
>>5411585
No, that is a Lego Stormtrooper
>>
File: shockwave_nyoro_n.jpg (138KB, 322x549px) Image search: [Google]
shockwave_nyoro_n.jpg
138KB, 322x549px
>>5411587
>>
>>5411585
Not really. We don't talk about the 3rd party guys much, except the ones that constatnly shit on them.

There is a 3rd party TF thread here on /toy/ though.

That said, Quakewave was always one of the ones that I though really nailed the character in a way they couldn't outside of an MP...
>>
>>5411621
Oh okay thanks, im new to this.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 696x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 696x448px
>i dare you to turn into... a washing machine!
>>
>>5411635
Household appliance Transformers?

Cold Shoulder, the Fridge? Rude Tube, an old broken down CRT Televison? Swelter the Water Heater?
>>
>>5411652
Ejector. Google.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 960x720px
>>5411652
I had an idea for an appliance combiner a while back:
>coldfront (fridge, splits to form part of lower arm)
>freezer burn (ice box, forms leg)
>royal flush (toilet, forms torso)
>heatstroke (oven, splits to form part of each upper arm)
>ember (microwave, forms part of leg)
>washout (washer, forms part of leg)
>hothead (dryer, forms part of leg)
>(unnamed) (blender, forms shoulder armor)

I also had the idea for a box fan guy but I scrapped it. Here's a drawing. (Warning: it's not great and looks too TFA-ish)
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 960x720px
>>5411681
The component bots are even worse. Most look more like Robot Masters from Megaman than anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 960x720px
>>5411689
Polite sage
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 960x720px
>>5411694
FULL MEGAMAN
>>
File: image.jpg (221KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 960x720px
>>5411697
Microwave, blender, and ice chest are so bad I'm not even gonna bother with pics.
>>
>>5411621
>Not really. We don't talk about the 3rd party guys much, except the ones that constatnly shit on them.

Who? Who shits on the 3rd party guys?

Their threads are at least 50% shitting on us, but nobody ITT has ever shit on anything but their bad attitudes.
>>
>>5411713
There's not much point most of the time. Third-party toys are usually shooting for a different target, and given the number of companies out there, it's hard to shit on them all. The only people who try are diehard fanboys like Walky who consider the entire industry to be knockoff merchants no matter what.
>>
>>5411713
You can't be serious. Or maybe you just misunderstood what I meant.

Every time they're posted or brought up there are plenty of posts insulting 3rd party pricing, design aesthetcs, practicse, etc. They don't sit around constantly disparaging them, but any attempt to discuss them in these threads are met with varying levels of disdain and hostility.

There are plenty of people who are capable of decently ratoinal discussion about them, but spending any amount of time in these threads will show you a dedicated portion of posters who want nothing to do with 3rd party product; it's why they've got thier own happy little thread away from ours. I think both parties are pretty much happier that way.
>>
>>5411567
Yea, it doesn't come off as gaudy unless you have him in hand. The orange contrasts really well with the solid black.

I also own Clench and he's easily one of my favorite Botcon figures, aside from the entire Stunticon Job set. That set was fucking perfect and pretty much turned me into a Stunticon fan.
>>
File: r_omegaprime034.jpg (87KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
r_omegaprime034.jpg
87KB, 500x696px
>>5411125
I can't believe RiD'01 Convoy made the list but Ultra Magnus didn't.

Omega Prime is a must have for everyone. It's one of my favorite transformers of all time.

RiD'01 Megatron didn't make it either, which is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>5411756
Wasn't Magnus kind of a sucky stand alone toy, though?
>>
>>5411756
What >>5411764 said.

Like how CW brawl sucks unless he's a limb.
>>
>>5411745
>a dedicated portion of posters

Jin shitposting, going anon and onemanarmying his autism isn't a "dedicated portion", it's one middle-aged Arabic fuck with nothing better to do because he refuses to contribute to society.
>>
>>5411250
Thanks for proving the other guy's point.
>>
>>5411745
>Every time they're posted or brought up there are plenty of posts insulting 3rd party pricing, design aesthetcs, practicse, etc.

So because people have opinions other than glowing praise they're some kind of dedicated shitposter army?

You need to understand that a people here are looking for representations of characters they like. Third parties have to deviate from those designs for legal reasons. Plus, it may surprise you to hear, but some people think that $600 is ridiculously overpriced.

Seriously, if you want somewhere where you can post whatever you want and expect nothing but 10/10 reviews you need to fuck off to tfw.

>it's why they've got thier own happy little thread
> happy little thread

Have you ever read it?

>>5408695
>You know how I know your from the /poorfag/ general? You only see cost and not value.

>Every limb of a third party toy functions completely as its own standalone toy. It doesn't need to excuse it's inadequacies by the fact that it's also a limb.

>You spent 25-35 dollars a piece on dollar-tree quality shit that assembles into a 3/10 giant green turd. I spent 100 dollars on an awesome, well made collectors item that stands just fine on its own merits until it's fellow members come out.

>Fucking peasants and their low standards.

Or check out this guy, who considers MPs 3rd party toys:

>>5379284
>The official transformers general is essentially /poorfag/ who get salty when more than 40 quid is spent on a figure. The MP line are 3rd party quality so it's all the same to me.

And then there were the three of our threads that were shitposted to saging by the guy with a hate boner for Devestator.

Face it, the Third Party thread is nothing but shitposting and spur grapes from people with more money than sense.
>>
>>5411265
Each of them is just a shitty repaint and slight retool that cost a $100 more than they should
>>
>>5411825
Actually, the aftermarket prices for a great deal of those repaints can get pretty cheap.
>>
>>5411764
True enough, but Omega Prime deserves a mention nonetheless. And there's no reason at all RiD Megatron isn't on there though, it transformed into a fucking hand.
>>
>>5411857
that's true actually

You can get an Animated Autotrooper for like 30-40 bucks now, that's a steal honestly. I payed 50 bucks when they came out
>>
>>5411802
>Third parties have to deviate from those designs for legal reasons.
No they don't? It's usually just a matter of someone on the design team wanting their own spin, just like Hasbro.

Sadly it seems to be encouraged since plenty of companies now do their own takes, instead of trying to do a definitive version.
>>
>>5411868
It was an awful hand though.
>>
>>5411886
The other forms were pretty good though.

I personally like RiD Galvatron's coloscheme over Megatron though.
>>
>>5411879
Exactly

I mean, if 3P companies HAD to change their designs for legal reasons, then we wouldnt have third party MP toys

i'd much rather have classics sized accurate designs though..
>>
>>5411208
"Legends" is Generations in Japan
>>
File: mindwipe1.jpg (34KB, 545x305px) Image search: [Google]
mindwipe1.jpg
34KB, 545x305px
>Give up on finding ROTF Mindwipe or any of the good movie figs for reasonable prices
>Find a loose Mindwipe at my local nerd store for $19
>Bring him home and find out about batmode

Fuck this is a good day. Finally havr Satan incarnate on my shelf. Now if I can only find Lockdown and Shockwave.
>>
>>5411904
Too bad about the shit arms and horrible excuses for weapons.
>>
File: skystalker.jpg (41KB, 370x490px) Image search: [Google]
skystalker.jpg
41KB, 370x490px
>>5411904
Try to find his "Breastbeast" companion Skystalker.
>>
>>5411923
>implying Skystalker exists
>>
>>5411926
>>
Is it true the new MP Shockwave can't really bend his knees?
>>
>>5411681
I had one, pretty much the Autobot answer to the Seacons:

Based on the Battleship Bismark: Torso
Based on the Avenger-class mine countermeasures ship
Based on the Freedom-class littoral combat ship
Based on the River-class patrol vessel
Based on the HMS Ocean (L12) with 2 helicopter target masters
Giant sword weapon based on the Zumwalt-class destroyer
>>
File: test.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
>>5411946
Its not out yet but its designed to, only time will tell what the range of motion is
>>
>>5411946
Yes. It's absolutely true. We've all already got our copies and none of us can bend a single knee.

Come on. We only have a few still pictures to go by so far, and I havn't seen anything that would prevent him from getting at least 80 or 90 degree bend. It's not a double-jointed yoga posing leg, sure, but it looks functional.
>>
>>5411944
>Pushing $120 on eBay

Haha...ha...
>>
How would you react if Hasbro surprised us with a Supreme class Tidal Wave?
>>
File: 1446529812376.jpg (111KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1446529812376.jpg
111KB, 1920x1072px
>>5411968
>>
>>5411968

I'd settle for a Voyager Broadside.
>>
>>5411955
>>5411956
I'm new to Transformers in general but I like Shockwave and was thinking of getting him but I didn't really know what to expect.
>>
File: 100_6602.png (1MB, 1072x804px) Image search: [Google]
100_6602.png
1MB, 1072x804px
>>5411904
>>5411923
Mindstalker a best
>>
>>5411979

Get the Legends version then. Small, cheap, and a damn good mold of him.
>>
>>5411976
Heck I'll settle for an Armada Tidal wave retooled into Broadside
>>
File: lupin.gif (496KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
lupin.gif
496KB, 500x275px
>>5411968
>>
>>5411979
Well have you handled collector grade stuff before?

While transformers are made to be played with a bit of extra care would be best for a masterpiece, what >>5411984 would be good for a beginner since its literally a kids toy, a damn good one at that.

But if you're prepared to give it proper respect and have the cash then get the MP, it won't break during transformation but don't expect to do the same stuff you can do with smaller transformers that cost less
>>
>>5411984
>>5411991
I mainly have Figuarts and Revos so far but I was going to start getting into Transformers a bit and liked the looks of the MP Shockwave. Price isn't really an issue so I just went for what I thought looked nice buuuut I guess I'll start with the little one first as a try-out since that seems to be the consensus.
>>
>>5411999
Mp's aren't quite as posable as your main collection but they do the job.

What you could do is get both, play with the little guy and just from time to time mess with the MP.

Just be glad you aren't chasing one of the mp11 molds (aka newer starscream).

>legs struts don't collapse unless you slap it like you're locking in a gun magazine
>hasbro versions have odd tolerances meaning you may risk breaking something as you do this
>waist swivel is useless due to design
>can't kneel properly

I keep mine in aerial action poses but only a few, my old generations gets a better work out.

If you like the look of a figure get it anyway, but don't treat it the same as larger ones, heck maybe wait on a review on mp shockwave but the current legends class is a beauty to himself
>>
>>5411999
Go for the legends. As someone who spent so much money on SHF, it will be a breath of fresh air to have something that you can just play with as compared to SHF.
>>
>>5412009
>Mp's aren't quite as posable as your main collection but they do the job.
Yeah that's the part I didn't know about. I thought since they were more expensive they'd be better than the standard ones you see at Walmart. This is a weird toy line in that regard.

>If you like the look of a figure get it anyway
I mainly liked him for how 'clean' he looked- he has nice lines and good proportions. I'm gonna preorder him anyway I think but pick up the small one in the meantime.
>>
>>5411857
If you can show me where to get the 2006 set for a decent price I'll believe you.
>>
File: file.jpg (78KB, 736x750px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
78KB, 736x750px
>>5412029
>Yeah that's the part I didn't know about. I thought since they were more expensive they'd be better than the standard ones you see at Walmart. This is a weird toy line in that regard.

You kind of need to get past the idea that more money = more better. More money generally just means a higher parts count and more paint apps; what matters is how those are used. There are a lot of Deluxes and Voyagers that have as many or more POA as MPs.

The thing about Transformers is that they're not just one toy; they have to pull double duty as both a vehicle AND an action figure, and hold up well in both modes. Revos and things are generally just humanoids, so they all move similarly and have the same general construction.

I've always found that collectors of other figures have a hard time coming to grips with this.

>I mainly liked him for how 'clean' he looked- he has nice lines and good proportions. I'm gonna preorder him anyway I think but pick up the small one in the meantime.

Legends Shockwave is a good choice if you can find him. If you're after an MP you might consider the KO MP Prowl, who goes for $30 on eBay. He's a slick looking bot.
>>
>>5412029
They are in most part to be screen accurate, you may find smaller ones to be quite poseable and then you get the liked of mp-05 megatron who are just awkward and even fragile.

Ones you may find in walmart are intended for kids so they're less complicated but also durable in most cases.

I have more fun with the combiner wars megatron over my old mp05, I can quickly convert him in a flash and mess with him in many ways where's my mp-05 I need to take some care in how he's transformed and be aware of how heavy he is.

>>5412062
>advocating ko's

...well least it gives him a chance to have a playable mp at a decent price even though my hasbro one holds up well enough even if he was double the price of a ko
>>
File: SkyAndEarthCollide.jpg (713KB, 2815x1033px) Image search: [Google]
SkyAndEarthCollide.jpg
713KB, 2815x1033px
>>5412029

Price is never really anything other than a broad indicator of quality, and sometimes not even that. Plenty of bots at some price points are pure, unadulterated shit, while others are awesome as fuck. You can see this anywhere-Official stuff and 3P stuff is filled to the brim with stunning winners and catastrophic failures, and often what matters most is how much you enjoy what you paid for.

Pose'em, transform'em, play with'em, have fun with it.
>>
>>5412067
>advocating ko's
You need to fuck right off with this white knight bullshit.
>>
>>5412069
>Plenty of bots at some price points

I meant at same price points.
>>
File: devastating opinions.jpg (17KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
devastating opinions.jpg
17KB, 250x190px
>>5412071
Did I say don't buy it?

I don't recall saying that, don't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>5412075
It's pretty obvious what you meant.
>>
File: facepalms.png (166KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
facepalms.png
166KB, 500x500px
>>5412080
I take it you're white knighting for ko's yourself where's I was just for-warning him on people's mixed opinions seeing how both sides get butthurt?

I'm sorry if you mis-read what I meant, I can give less a shit on out of production figures getting ko's, I'm actually waiting on ko mp11 seeker variations
>>
>>5412091
I'm not the guy that first pointed you out. Just showing you how someone can get a misunderstanding.
>>
File: humans enjoy conflict.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
humans enjoy conflict.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>5412093
Tends to happen more than necessary around here, I don't see how you're "showing" me how I got misunderstood

>It's pretty obvious what you meant

Doesn't show me anything, since you popped into my reply to him and clearly he's shut up right now, or has he, can't tell but don't care right about...

Now
>>
>>5412075
>>5412091
>>5412102

Shit nigger how autistic are you?

It was obvious you were getting all buttblasted about somebody paying money for a KO that's just as good while you let yourself be raped by scalper prices.

What's the matter? Are you mad about your purchase being """devalued?"""

>>5412029
Yeah, unfortunately there's a hell of a lot of autistic people who collect Transformers, and they tend to congregate in these threads.
>>
Before these fags continue

Anyone know how to fix that shitty tab in the back of the neck of the generations arcee mold so it doesn't keep fucking popping out?
>>
>>5412107
>Guy states trying KO's
>Is postingly perfectly reasonable responses while someone else shitposts and instigates
>Continues to try to calm the dude down
>AUTISM

Fucking Christ you guys.
>>
>>5412116
It looks like it's autovolt. He doesn't deserve special treatment.
>>
>>5411963
Stick it out, anon. Follow the search and do checks daily from your futurephone. I got one for $30 shipped a few months ago, which is still insane for a Scout class figure but is comparatively low.
>>
>>5412126
And I'll keep laughing at you cause I bought him when he came out.

No mindwipe though
>>
>>5412130
It's okay, I deserve it. In 2010 I was going through a rough transition where I didn't have access to any sort of online bank account or debit/credit card, so if it didn't show up in stores, I couldn't buy it.
>>
>>5412130
It's genuinely a mix of suffering and excitement getting into TFs in the last year or two. Like there's such solid shit like the new MPs and combiner Wars happenning now, but simultaneously there's all that glorious 2006 onwards classics and movie stuff that is all mostly way beyond treasonable. I desperately want almost all the old cons from ROTF and NEST and yet almost everything is horribly overpriced secondhand. Best deal I've found besides that Mindwipe was a Straxus for 30.

>>5412119
Keep your forum drama off the spectrum or it'll propagate here, fag.
>>
>>5412130
>>5412133

I've always thought this was the dumbest fucking argument on /toy/. If somebody didn't collect when a toy came out, that's not their fault. That's just an unlucky circumstance.

Every time somebody is unhappy they can't get a toy, shitposters always gather saying "hurr durr that's what you get for not keeping up on preorders."
>>
>>5412153
>forum drama
I only know autovolt from here. Autovolt started off as a major attention whore and keeps going. We're lucky he finally took off his name.
>>
>>5412160
Don't talk about it.
Don't acknowledge it.
This is how we gets gregs.
Posting off topic meta shit is just as cancerous as any name/trip/avatarfag.
>>
>>5412153

Don't worry, Bay got signed for like 5 more fucking films. You'll have plenty of chances at more Bayformers.
>>
>>5412160

Don't know any tripfags, only been here recently. If you stop name dropping them for trolling purposes, they'd probably be forgotten within 2 weeks.
>>
>>5412171
Autovolt won't let himself go unnoticed. You'll know him by constantly posting pictures even when he doesn't need to.
>>
>>5412168
I just want cool shit from that era between 2 and 3 like fucking Bulkhead and Bludgeon. Scorn was probably the only genuinely fun figure from the last movie and there were barely any original or new designs not featured in the movie to begin with.
>>
>>5412154
Way I see it if you're collecting long out of stock tf's you NEED money and or good searching skills, took me shitloads of years before I settled on a decent mp hasbro thundercracker and he was still over RRP.

I don't get why people choose to be assholes about it though, we don't know the story about why they couldn't, I'm not going to slag the guy who lives off cups of noodles because he can't afford mp-01

>>5412168
Well hope we get some good original characters out of it toy wise with some decent lines.

The japanese movie advanced line was pretty nifty, loved the g1 repaint of protoform prime and the recolored deluxe starscream but othershit like the battler ones...christ talk about cheap cash in.

Wouldn't mind a reboot of the movies though, something else entirely.

>>5412179
...so that's the name of the guy who keeps doing that, not that I've seen him start any arguments, just people screaming ITS YOU when he post
>>
>>5412179
Plus the replying to many posts in one huge gross post.
>>
>>5412180

You'll probably get stuff like that. Personally, I can't fucking stand the Bayformer walking shitpile aesthetic, but I know other people like it, and it's nice you guys will be getting more of the stuff you like.

I just hope they keep up with the CHUG releases while they're busy pumping out all the Bayformers to cash in on movie hype.
>>
>>5412190
Not so much, I hate it too, just that there's those toys that skirt the line between classics and movie verse that to me, just look like the most demonic and hideous abominations that fit cons so damn well. That being said more than anything I want more thrilling 30 tier figures.
>>
>>5412180
I think Drift is a nice little car, and his bot mode has some cool ideas for weapon storage, but his headsculpt kills it for me. It's so ugly.

I think the Slog Voyager is a really cool design, too; if it wasn't for that damn soft plastic I think he'd be a personal favorite. I adore Voyager Hound, though.
>>
File: 20160117_165819.jpg (121KB, 1352x760px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_165819.jpg
121KB, 1352x760px
NO ONE told me about Drake the Dragon Bot and Servo the Dog Bot
>>
File: 20160117_165329.jpg (107KB, 1305x760px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_165329.jpg
107KB, 1305x760px
>>5412230
>Who's top dog now??
>>
File: 20160117_165216.jpg (126KB, 1242x758px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_165216.jpg
126KB, 1242x758px
>>5412235
>THIS
>IS
>PACIFISM
>>
>>5412230
>>5412235
>>5412237
Drake only looks good as a dragon, but Servo looks cool.
>>
>>5412235
>>5412262
Doge drill is great, but the dragon just looks like it's squirting water out of its ass.
>>
>>5412237
>>5412266

Ew. Looks like someone's fetish.
>>
File: 20160117_172648.jpg (99KB, 1352x760px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_172648.jpg
99KB, 1352x760px
>>5412266
>>5412269
This looks wrong.
>>
File: 20160117_173136.jpg (89KB, 1352x760px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_173136.jpg
89KB, 1352x760px
>>5412262
This looks right.
>>
File: Rescue-Bots-Adventures-Playset.png (265KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rescue-Bots-Adventures-Playset.png
265KB, 500x500px
They have an ass-squirter Dalmatian and an epic wolf that turns into a motorcycle, but they are tied to the playsets. I'll wait for discounts before buying these.
>>
File: 1446405788332.webm (668KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446405788332.webm
668KB, 1280x720px
>>5411968
>>
File: TIDALWAVE GREEN.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TIDALWAVE GREEN.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>5411968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52JxSxE4Ug

Id cum buckets.
>>
>>5412190
The only Bayformer toy I'll ever consider buying is the one from Universal Studios, and that's only because I wanna tell my grandchildren about the fun shit from my era. "Kids, this used to be a ride at Universals!" The toy itself isn't any better than the rest of the Bayformer trash, of course.

Even so, I would prefer to see more Bayformer toys than the RID shit.
>>
File: Optimized-1362186574241.jpg (69KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-1362186574241.jpg
69KB, 400x300px
>>5411968
>>
>>5411280
RID Arcee also has a waist swivel unlike FE, and you can get a cheaper remold of FE with Chromia.
>>
File: yawn.jpg (21KB, 520x245px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
21KB, 520x245px
>>5411968
>>
>>5412153
>Keep your forum drama off the spectrum or it'll propagate here, fag.
That ship already sailed, m8.
>>
Since you all seem to love Funpub, here's some FunFacts from a podcast:

Four figures. Of which only one is not a Combiner component. That is apparently the "centerpiece" figure which will spendier.

So Magnaboss is VERY MUCH on the table I'd say.

FULL REVEAL MONDAY apparently.

Okay, so here's what I gleaned summed up now that I'm on a laptop instead of an iPad.

1) There are four souvenir figures, the troop builder, and the customization class.
2) Between the set and the remaining figures there are nine Combiner component molds.
2a) He originally had said eight, then recalled the customization class. So I'm assuming:
- Five for the Predacus set.
- Three of the souvenirs.
- The customization figure.
3) Of the souvenirs, there is one "centerpiece" figure that apparently had a bulk of their efforts to get right. It will be the more costly of the four and is *not* a Combiner component. He described the souvenirs w/out revealing them, and used the following phrases.
- If you "know how they work" you should be able to guess at who's going to be included.
- It sounds like at least one would tie into the Predacus set.
- One is described as being an idea "out of left field".
- One has a head sculpt never before seen in the US.
3a) He didn't make it clear if some of these were the same figures.
4) The souvenirs include Maximals.
to be continued
>>
>>5412339
part two

5) Prices:
- The Set will be a "bit less" than last year.
- The Trooper Builder will be cheaper than before.
- The non-CW Centerpiece will be the spendiest.
- The four souvenir figures can be purchased separately.
6) Ravage's head will sit "higher" on its ball joint, creating a gap. There is a mod, but he didn't explain if it's more than just applying pressure to push the head down (which will still function and be a stiff joint).
7) Ramhorn does not have the same waist issue as Brawl. They didn't clarify if this was because it's fixed in Ramhorn or if the core mold is fixed (meaning future figures made from it will be okay)
8) Despite pictures the art of Nosecone and Drillhorn suggesting otherwise, apparently Ramhorn's alt-mode is actually Brawl backwards with the drill attached. Nothing else about the mold has been reversed. It wasn't made clear if this is how the drill figure will be for future characters.
9) More reveals coming Monday and Tuesday. Registration is...Thursday...it sounded like.
10) He couldn't say anything about which universe this set will be in, as apparently it ties into other reveals which he can't go into yet.
>>
>>5412328
Chromia is a remold of RID tho.
>>
File: Starscream Jet 14.jpg (96KB, 1000x702px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream Jet 14.jpg
96KB, 1000x702px
re funpub, i just wanna say that i love this mold and i prefer this deco to space case or terradive
>>
>>5412349
Yeah sorry I got them mixed up, I meant to say that FE Arcee also has a waist swivel unlike RID and you can get a cheaper remold of RID with Chromia.
>>
>>5410985
The fembot most popular with kids these days is Amber Lamps.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (62KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
62KB, 1000x1000px
>>5412364
Ari from Superwings is getting popular too.
>>
>>5412364
I see you guys posting these things all over the place, and it has me wondering...
why did they suddenly become a meme?
I've seen them at my local asian grocery store for months.
>>
>>5412370
Amber Lamps is a very, very ancient meme.
>>
>>5412370
Lit'rully anything can become a meme, anon.
>>
>>5412372
>Amber Lamps
I was referring to the transforming toys.
>>
File: 1352550543778.png (192KB, 256x640px) Image search: [Google]
1352550543778.png
192KB, 256x640px
>>5411968
>>
>>5412373
Inb4 jesus dashboard
>>
>>5412389
Oi, oi, oi, let's leave him alone. Has a lot on his mind, ya?
>>
File: images-9-1.jpg (4KB, 184x137px) Image search: [Google]
images-9-1.jpg
4KB, 184x137px
>>5412272
That looks hot, anon.
>>
>>5412272
>Hasbro approved this
>>
File: Drill.webm (108KB, 682x640px) Image search: [Google]
Drill.webm
108KB, 682x640px
>>5412275
This is...soothing.
>>
>>5412399
>this is the drill that will pierce the heavens
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 117x166px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 117x166px
>>5412399
I'd paint the drill red.
>>
File: 2ntfsi9.jpg (40KB, 480x263px) Image search: [Google]
2ntfsi9.jpg
40KB, 480x263px
>Horny home alone kid
>Jesus dashboard guy
>autismo/aspergo
>That guy who replies to alot of people and post an often unrelated but transformers image

These hardly have anything to do with transformers yet they feel so at home in these threads.

I'll miss it next summer
>>
>>5412417
Hey, no worries.
Sing a song and your heart will never fall.
Make love, be a conscious animal.
>>
File: 1412949780314.jpg (18KB, 251x180px) Image search: [Google]
1412949780314.jpg
18KB, 251x180px
>>5412504
I thought I forgot about someone, makes me wonder how many of these you play a part of
>>
What are some TFs that are similar to Brave toys? (GaoGaiGar, J-Decker, etc.)
>>
>>5412522
Pretty much the entire Cybertron/Galaxy Force line. Optimus Prime and Wing Saber are especially Brave-esque.
>>
>>5412522
Definitely Galaxy Convoy.

Generally the Japanese productions: CarRobots 2000 and the Unicron Trilogy are like post-Brave Brave shows.
>>
Just got this today for $75. One of the few G1 transformables that doesn't leave him fat.
>>
>>5412576
Continued.

What do you guys think? I think this is THE BEST G1 Optimus Prime EVER. He's also almost as tall as my forearm.
>>
>>5412576
>>5412578
You lucked out scoring the translucent version. I like it, but it's not quite as good as the newer MP-10. That said, it still makes for an excellent centerpiece to a display, like a force ghost Optimus.
>>
Armada class vs Leader class Megatron?
>>
File: armoverload.gif (105KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
armoverload.gif
105KB, 600x488px
>>5412522
Armada Overload has got you covered senpai. Infact, the whole Armada Optimus, Jetfire, Overload trifecta is pure YUUSHA goodness. If you can get into the limited articulation and focus on the play pattern that is.
>>
>>5412578
>>5412576
Its not the size that matters, otherwise mp-05 would be the best megatron.

But christ I never knew a clear one existed (any bootlegs known to exist?), and at a good price, you lucky duck.
>>
>>5412583
Yeah, I wished it wasn't the translucent version but it was the only one they had, also the only one left, and I think for 75 bucks it was a great deal. Even though I would've wished for the non-translucent version, I'm still madly in love with the figure.

>>5412587
It's just a nice detail to add, makes him really nice to wrap my fingers around his waist. And thanks, I really do feel lucky. I love him very much.
>>
File: 51DZMG7SBFL.jpg (38KB, 459x500px) Image search: [Google]
51DZMG7SBFL.jpg
38KB, 459x500px
>>5412522
Energon Op. feels pretty Brave to me.
>>
>>5411190
Don't know if you were collecting TFs around 2010/2011, but I remember when TJMaxx had him for around $10. (Along with grappel/grapple, bought both, never looked back)
>>
File: file.png (473KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
473KB, 800x445px
>>5412595
>>5412522

Transformers Zone Dai Atlas and the guys he combined with used toys that were literally intended for Brave. They actually got recoloured for a brave series too.

Transformers Go! is a modern animu with an extremely Brave like concept and toys but they look kind of weird.

Cybertron had this guy.
>>
File: file.png (570KB, 709x421px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
570KB, 709x421px
>>5412522
>>
File: Teenage Dai Atlas.jpg (87KB, 563x581px) Image search: [Google]
Teenage Dai Atlas.jpg
87KB, 563x581px
>>5412522
Kinda obvious but Star Saber was pretty much the first Brave before Brave was a thing.

Reasonably sized robot with no mouthplate turns into a vehicle that tows a lump of folded up robot.(King roader, J-roader, V-star) Then the reasonably sized robot combines with the lump to form an unreasonably sized robot with a mouthplate.

The unreasonably sized robot is named after the reasonably sized robot and the lump it was dragging along.
Deckerd + J-roader = J-decker
Exkaiser + King roader = King Exkaiser
Saber + V-star = Star Saber

And of course there are transformers characters that became Brave characters like Sky Garry and Dai Atlas

Armada optimus prime also kinda counts as his trailer becomes his super pants. And his super mode looks really brave ish
>>
>>5412619
I'm happy Dai Atlas got to a pretty high spot in the fan vote. The last G1 autobot commander deserves a new toy.
>>
File: saber.png (472KB, 641x473px) Image search: [Google]
saber.png
472KB, 641x473px
>>5412522
Even though he came before Braves, any Star Saber toy is very Brave-like. He's pretty much the prototype Brave hero, right down to the Obari-esque animation in Victory.

Not only that. but the guy who designed Star Saber and Sixshot was the main toy designer for Brave. Takashi Kunihiro
>>
File: star_convoy.jpg (285KB, 614x1014px) Image search: [Google]
star_convoy.jpg
285KB, 614x1014px
>>5412637
>The last G1 autobot commander
Wait, didnt Star Convoy come after Dai Atlas?
>>
>>5412643
Was star convoy animated?
>>
>>5412646
sadly no. he would look very cool though
He's basically Brave Optimus, moreso than even Galaxy Convoy. All he's missing is a sword and a super mode
>>
>>5412643
Oh yeah I completely forgot. Probably because I was thinking about the animation.
Had no idea he was a powered master too.

such a shame they stopped doing the master thingy.
Super god masterforce is just the best name for anything
>>
>>5412663
>Super god masterforce is just the best name for anything
I know right? every word in that name makes it feel more authoritative badass!
>>
>>5412663
i prefer victory frankly
>>
>>5412664
Or just another typical anime way too long and unnecessary title.
>>
On the note of Brave, what are some other cool transforming robot toylines?
>>
>>5412584
leader class. little shorter than the super optimus
>>
>>5412763
There's macross and voltron
>>
>>5411265
Well for starters they gutted electronics on one of them yet still charged an ass load for price
You then have the fact they all have hasbro(or worse) level paint apps and plastic for over 4 times the cost
Some one fact check me but wasn't the old botcon stuff closer to under double the price?
I think I paid $40 for that black armada Meg's exclusive from botcon 03 and that was just double the msrp
I really can't cope when I see sub par deluxe toys being charged at a cost of $50+
>>
>>5412235
>>5412275
FRIENDER DRILLu
>>
File: IMG_7962_201308091625299b5.jpg (411KB, 623x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7962_201308091625299b5.jpg
411KB, 623x816px
>>5412763
Kid friendly tier
>Eldoran series (Tomy, sister series to Braves)
>Webdiver daigunder (takara)
>Machine Robot Rescue, Machine Robot Mugenbine (Bandai)
>B-daman Bakugaiden (takara)
>Various Super Sentai/Power Ranger toys (Bandai)

Collectible tier.
>Soul of Chogokin (Bandai)
>Various macross merchandise (Yamato/Arcadia)
>Stuff by other niche companies like Studio Halfeye.
>>
File: Ortorion3.jpg (75KB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ortorion3.jpg
75KB, 1280x480px
>>5412798
I forgot about Webdiver!

On that note, dont these two Webdiver tanks remind you of Energon Shockblast and Sixshot?

The puke green on the red tank is especially evocative of Sixshot (Hate calling him that...)
>>
File: M6.jpg (19KB, 483x700px) Image search: [Google]
M6.jpg
19KB, 483x700px
>>5412763
D.I.C.E./Dinobreaker.
That's a motorcycle that turns in to a "raptor"
>>
>>5412798
There's also korean tier ones like
>Tobot
>Robocar Poli >>5412364

And hongkong original tier, Happywell ones.
>>
>>5412812
Yes.
>>
>>5412838
I saw some recent Korean ones that did a cool combined mode. One was a wolf and I think the other was a tiger (i think) and they look incredible.

Can't find them for a justifiable price.
>>
>>5412855
Biklonz? I know that's a korean line with zoids-like tfs.
>>
File: CPg9sKfWIAASM3v.jpg (46KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CPg9sKfWIAASM3v.jpg
46KB, 600x338px
>>5412868
Yeah those!
>>
File: GAZE INTO THE FIST OF ROOK.png (2MB, 2362x942px) Image search: [Google]
GAZE INTO THE FIST OF ROOK.png
2MB, 2362x942px
>mfw Rook haters
>>
>>5412880
Dang that does look cool. Time to keep a lookout.
>>
File: yato avatar.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
yato avatar.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>5412119

Hi guys.
>>
>>5412880
I wouldn't mind Hasbro trying duocons again just for a config like this. In general Hasbro needs to do duocons again, it's something with a lot of potential that failed in it's first execution.
>>
File: blurr shrug.jpg (53KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
blurr shrug.jpg
53KB, 720x480px
>>5412160
>>5412179
>>5412179
>>5412183
>>5412417

to be fair you guys get mad to easily.
>>
>>5412586

Super pants Prime and his unfolding battery operated robo trousers is just... hypnotic.
>>
>>5412897
>you guys get annoyed at people who try to keep the focus on them in the most annoying ways too easily
Ftfy
>>
>>5412892
Agree, but really they would just fuck them up. I know it, you know it and yellow dog knows it, and yellow dog doesn't even know what county he's in.
>>
>>5412892
They do Duocons every once in while, were just not getting a line wide gimmick of that.

An we might get an Overlord soon, so we have that to look forward to.
>>
>>5412892
I could see them sell vehicle two packs with one forming the lower robot, other forming the upper robot. No individual robot modes and one guy being able to form either part, though, to keep the line from being shitty and compromised like the energon autobots.

All of the top/bottom half vehicles could be interchangeable to form custom robots a la those mix and match skylanders or a more limited version of Super Link.
>>
>>5411825
There's nothing wrong with repaints, get over it. If you're going to get butthurt about Botcon releases on the basis that they're repaints then you have no argument. Also, you have no idea how production works.

>>5411801
His point has gone unproven. Each of these toys are great, they have great new head sculpts and the idea fits the mold. The only thing you could legit cry about is Krok and Kickoff not being Action Masters anymore.
>>
What about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgQc4ZkVeMY
>>
File: CY0g473UkAIT-ye.png-large.png (842KB, 918x532px) Image search: [Google]
CY0g473UkAIT-ye.png-large.png
842KB, 918x532px
>>5413026
I understand now.
>>
>>5413026
I see we have the Funpub rep in the thread today.
>>
>>5413039
I never said ALL Botcon releases were good. I think this one's fucking dumb.
>>
>>5411250
"G2" Botcon set is one of my grails... one of these days I'll jump on one of those $300-$400 listings.
>>
File: 0172016151045.jpg (274KB, 1024x854px) Image search: [Google]
0172016151045.jpg
274KB, 1024x854px
Nowhere to set up a decent picture of it, but this thing is pretty cool.
>>
>>5413061
Are you the anon who got it for $99 at that bargain place?
>>
Botcon figures are fine, only ones I've ever disliked was last years. But through the last 22 years only problems I've ever seen were some qc molding with some heads and the counterpunch that would fall apart
>>
>>5413082
Yep! I'm looking at getting the reprolabels set for him now. $44 is a bit steep, but the pictures look great.
>>
File: 0172016153324.jpg (193KB, 890x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0172016153324.jpg
193KB, 890x1024px
>>5413092
One more
>>
File: 190024_Front_3-4_Web.png (2MB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
190024_Front_3-4_Web.png
2MB, 1000x668px
>2016
>year of the Beasts

>2017
>year of the Bay
I'd be down for a MP movie Prime
>>
>>5413100
>I'd be down for a MP movie Prime
As long as it's from the first Movie, so would I would.

What I would love is a MP DotM Megatron. Or even a nice OS Weijang KO.
>>
File: Set-G-Safeguard-RM_1275305093.jpg (36KB, 748x648px) Image search: [Google]
Set-G-Safeguard-RM_1275305093.jpg
36KB, 748x648px
>generations safeguard that can actually stay together perfectly when?
>>
>>5413109
>not G1
Never.
>>
>>5413100
>Freedom Day 2017 will be the decade anniversary of Bayverse
A RoTF quality Western Star Optimus would be nice.
>>
>>5413110
I get you're making a joke, but it's a bit late to try it considering everything they've made in CHUG.
>>
File: 190024_Rear_3-4_Web.png (1MB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
190024_Rear_3-4_Web.png
1MB, 1000x668px
>>5413117
I'd be happy with either. I've got Buster but I'd love a electronicless version with painted car parts, rubber times, more chrome, ect.
>>
>>5413117
I'd love to see that too. Sadly with the cheapening in full effect, we'll be lucky to get a giant RPM of that truck with Optimus on the bottom.
>>
>>5413100
>year of the bay
Generations Blackout, Barricade, and Stinger when?
>>
>>5413122
>people actually are afraid of this
>>
>>5413142
>Generations Blackout
Enjoy your neutered CW Vortex repaint
>Barricade
Enjoy a black CW Prowl
>Stinger
Enjoy a red Legends Bee, again
>>
>>5413151
Youre in full effect today huh?
>>
>>5413151
>Enjoy a black CW Prowl
I would enjoy that actually.
>>
>>5411635
http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=10&p=243&t=Appliance_Hero_Set_of_5.html
>>
>>5413039

The Takara Tridepacus definitely has a better deco. Gimlet's deco just pops better than Sea Clamp.

>>5413109
>>5413110
>>5413118

true hell we even have a Classics Lugnuts thanks to HFTD.

>>5413100
>>5413117
>>5413151

too be fair Stinger being a Red Bumblebee makes a lot of sense.

I'd love a legit Blackout and Barricade though.
>>
>>5413151
>CW Movie Cons
>Galvatron - Motormaster
>Barricade - Black Prowl
>Stinger - Deadend
>Devastator - Brawl
>Grindor - Vortex
>>
>>5413199
Why not use brawl as brawl since he was in the first movie?
>>
>>5413207
Devastator is what Brawl was named in the first movie.
>>
>>5413199
>Devastator - Brawl
The autism reaction would be worth it.
>>
>>5413217
>>5413207
>Working names for Brawl were Demolisher[2] and Devastator, the latter had also been a working name for Blackout at one point.[3] Even though Michael Bay confirmed in May of 2006 that "Devastator" was not the final name,[4] screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman confirmed the final name to be "Brawl" in April 2006,[5] and Hasbro used that name for all their toys based on the movie character, he identifies himself as "Devastator" in a subtitle in the movie itself. According to a fan who attended the Australian press conference, Bay had confirmed that he had decided to use the name "Devastator" because he had preferred it,[6] while Hasbro considered the name in the movie a "continuity error",[7] and Orci even claimed that he and Kurtzman had pointed out said "error" in the editing room twice.[8] But whoops, Titan Comics had just done two strips with him called Devastator! The editor hurriedly stated in #3's letters page that Devastator was a different guy, honest, and a cover for a later issue made sure to identify Brawl as Brawl; so now there's two of them (and Brawl nicks Devastator's toys, the dastard)! Finally, IDW's Reign of Starscream retconned in that he was called Brawl at Mission City all along.

Brawl is used more often. Like. Way more often.
>>
>>5413244
It was meant to fuck with people.
>>
>>5413061
>>5413096

What state do you live in?
>>
>>5413092
Wait he didn't come with the stickers?
>>
>>5411968

Meh.

The transformation would have to be fucking hype for me to get excited.
>>
I was rather quite surprised with how fun Rescue Bots Servo is
>>
>>5413340
Honestly, he doesn't need a fancier transformation than the original, he just needs more articulation, and bulk

And a jet minicon squadron sold separately.
>>
>>5413283
Yeah. Totally.
>>
>>5411946
>>5411955
wait is this a official masterpiece shockwave or thirdparty one ?
>>
>>5413376
Official. Hakamoto stole the design from Quakewave and used it for the official MP.
>>
>>5413376
The new official MP one.
>>
>>5411125
>>5411756
There's always room on the list for more. It's never going to be finalized.
>>
>>5413386
>>5413387
damn I had no idea they were even making one time to start stalking stores and sites then
>>
>>5413398
It's just now up for preorder at the usual Japanese and US sites, you should have no problem preordering one.
>>
>>5413403
thanks just preorderd it
>>
>>5413494
That's a brave move considering its at least $100 for a toy we know very little about.
>>
>>5413199

Nope.

> Scattorshot - New head, as Megatron
> Vortex - Blackout
> Prowl - Barricade
> Skydive - Starscream
> Brawl - Brawl (green, gold, and black will look very different from what we already got)
>>
>>5413510
life is about sometimes taking risks anon also i figured if we received more info about it or if hasbro releases there own version of it before i have to pay ill cancel
>>
>>5413567
Where did you pre-order?
>>
>>5413576
not him, go amiami or hlj
>>
>>5413577
I was asking because if he did it at ami I was going to warn him about how they are with cancellations.
>>
My dad is trying to cuck me from collecting any more of Transformers. What should I do?
>>
>>5413586
hence why i suggested hlj

>>5413588
Do what I do, buy them anyway and make them feel eternal shame that his children will never have children of their own denying him of grand children.

That'll teach them to try to make me a normie
>>
File: upgrade-for-trypticon.jpg (189KB, 824x788px) Image search: [Google]
upgrade-for-trypticon.jpg
189KB, 824x788px
>>5413315
No he did. I just like the look of reprolabels' upgrade set. With all the windows and shit.
>>
>>5413595
>stickers to simulate windows
Did they do a set like that for G1 Metroplex? Makes me wish I'd ordered Trypticon.
>>
File: upgrade-for-metroplex.jpg (176KB, 1045x382px) Image search: [Google]
upgrade-for-metroplex.jpg
176KB, 1045x382px
>>5413609
Yep. And for the generations one.

I usually don't care for the look of reprobels, but their city bot sets tempt me.
>>
>>5413586
how is amiami with cancellations are they like mandarake ?
>>
>>5413624
Are there any for Fortress Maximus/Scorponok?
I was planning on buying a new set of stickers for my G1 Scorp anyway, might as well add more details if I can.
>>
>>5413636
They only have replacement stickers for Scorp and FM unfortunately. I also wish they had upgrade stickers for energon scorp to give him a base mode.
>>
>>5413635
They'll threaten banning you and always talk down to you. I mean they need to understand that some cancellations are due to real problems.

Though I've not paid for stuff many times with them. I just don't pay. I don't say anything and I still have an account after all these years.
>>
>>5411175
>Arcee looks sick.

Seems healthy enough to me.
>>
>>5413635
Bad, if you cancel there's a really high chance they'll ban you, so you better have a good reason.
>>
>>5413657
>>5413663
damn I didn't know they were that bad but worse comes to worse i'll make up a good excuse. Right now im just excited shockwave is getting a masterpiece
>>
>>5411210
>Funpub. SO original.

Now they've started ripping off characters created by PREVIOUS convention organizers.

I miss when Botcon exclusives were like one Deluxe or an Ultra class toy and were original characters
>>
>>5411235

Autobot? I thought she was a villain in Beast Machines.
>>
>>5411231
>>5411250

Funpub is like an example of a broken clock that is only right twice a day
>>
>>5413698
Supposedly her and obsidian were autobots before. Its part of the history that literally does not matter. Transformers and star wars are bad about that.
>>
>>5413698
Apparently her and obsidian were once autobots. Just like star wars; transformers has a lot of backstory that doesn't matter and only those who think it's a social status high to know this stuff.
>>
>>5411252

The Botcon figures he posted are clearly the ones he considers to be great
>>
>>5411255

No, they just apprehend them and bring them in for trial.
>>
>>5413703
>>5413709
>star wars history doesnt matter mind
I'm glad others feel this way. I told 2 of my friends that Poe was my favorite of the new people. They then go off on some tangent on how his mom may have been a Jedi and he was born under a Jedi tree and all this other stuff that was so boring, but they were so proud about it
>>
Is there a release date for the new Headmasters yet?
>>
>>5411255
They just have Magnus hunt them down, then shove them in Garrus-9... well, did.
>>
>>5413733
Nope, but it's probably around April/June.
>>
>>5413588
Mock his hobbies.
>>
>>5413595
shit I just got a fortmax do they make a set for him?
>>
>>5413747
Nm read the previous reply
>>
>>5412168

Fine with me. But then I never jumped on the Bay Bash Bandwagon like it's fashionable to do
>>
>>5412235

Ah, Rescue Bots.

Zero poseability. Pars for the course. Its like Hasbro can't into designing a easy Transformer with even minimal articulation
>>
>>5412881
They're just genwunners who refuse to buy anything that's not Takara's Groove. I refuse to believe that anyone who actually owns Rook could dislike the figure.
>>
>>5413828
Crazy that toys for toddlers aren't up to your collectors standards.
>>
>>5412339
>- One is described as being an idea "out of left field".

For Funpub, the concept of getting something correct and for non-rape prices is out of right field for them
>>
>>5412339
>4) The souvenirs include Maximals.

I figured Tigatron was inevitable the day they revealed Ravage
>>
>>5413685

If you're concearned about future issue with cancelations,you can always buy from hlj. You'll probably pay slightly more peritem, but they have a much more liberal cancelaton policy for pre-orders. Plus, thier private warehouse option lets you store purchases for several months and organize bulk shipments at your disgression, which can save you quite alot in shipping costs.

Amiami is great if you order regularly anyway(like, multiple items every month), plus they stock pre-owned items(though snagging good ones from the storefront requires lots of luck and a timely figinstock notice).
>>
>>5413884
What I'll never understand is why HLJ has the awesome hover over price to see it in your currency feature and the estimated shipping right there, but amiami won't.
>>
>>5413703

If they were Autobots, why were they serving a MEGATRON?
>>
>>5413837

ZERO poseability, dude. No one wants toys like that.

Moveable arms is NOT too much to ask for
>>
>>5413931
It's not like every autobot is pure good.

>>5413936
Toddler toys. Toys for toddlers.
>>
>>5413926
Cause amiami hates foreigners.

Seriously, though, they like to play up that they don't cater to foreign purhases(they specifically say in several places on thier site "not for sale outside of japan") but I think it's just a ruse so they can claim they don't sell overseas for tax reasons most likely... They sure don't have a problem taking my money and shipping me shit.
>>
>>5413944
They really seem like a bunch of snobs. Like somehow they're an exclusive club.
>>
Am I the only one who uses Blackarachnia's hook for lewd bondage play with the other fembots?
>>
>>5413958
They do seem to want to be, but they also want that filthy gaijin money.
>>
>>5413965
I just go with whatever is either cheaper or has everything I want in stock. Their shipping is my problem. Hlj shipping always seems much less even using the same methods.

I think BBTS has an awesome feature with the easily cancelled preorders.
>>
>>5413975
Yeah, BBTS has its share of issues, but their preorder system is not one of them. You can even cancel after your thing has come in. You only get store credit at that point, but that works too.
>>
>>5413962
Probably. I haven't even bothered with that weapon. Kinda like Gen Nightbeat's cannon thing. Just set it aside with my other spare weapons.
>>
>>5414061
Make Nightbeat hold his dumb cannon like an olympic torch, it's actually kind of a fun accessory if you pretend it's not the shittiest gun ever
>>
File: cuck.jpg (125KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
125KB, 960x720px
http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/products/hasbro-computron-combiner-wars-giftset
Computron pre-order is up, Betatron absolutely, definitively BTFO.
>>
>>5414156
So many fucking Betatrons, be a goddamn Alphatrion.
>>
File: 20150809_172211.jpg (167KB, 1152x1302px) Image search: [Google]
20150809_172211.jpg
167KB, 1152x1302px
>>5413828
Holy shit, there are people that find something to complain about in everything. Do you even buy Rescue Bot toys?
>>
>>5414239
>>5414239
>>5414239

New thread time.
>>
>>5412180
I liked Bumble bee (not as bee since we have a thousand of him)

Hound and Leader Grimlock were really good too.

Croshairs has allot of potential.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.