[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 73

File: 18816_md-WD187REVIEW22.jpg (129KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
18816_md-WD187REVIEW22.jpg
129KB, 800x581px
Warboss Gorgut edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Vermintide 2, Doomwheel

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous >>55320847
>>
File: Empire_Knights.jpg (422KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Knights.jpg
422KB, 1200x810px
I have to admit, I knew next to nothing about Warhammer before TWW came out but the thing that fascinates me is how the same setting can alternate between goofy stuff that wouldn't feel out of place in a Monthy Python or Discworld story and borderline Deus Vult-ing grimdark.
>>
Been thinking, the old whfb articles on 1d4chan are a bit outdated. It would be good to update general tactics throughout the editions, and make it a one-stop reference for the other whfb forums.
>>
>>55353850
Yeah, because other forums want to sift through our memetastic garbage.
>>
Reading all these old books makes me sad, what happened to BL?
>>
>>55352768
Remember this homebrew? I've changed it up farther regarding the ranged weapons. The only thing I haven't been able to represent in the ranged weapons from the tabletop is how Repeater Crossbows can reliably fire multiple shots with a moving character. Any ideas?
>>
File: 2013-09-11_15.02.18.jpg (124KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-11_15.02.18.jpg
124KB, 478x640px
What are the best loadouts for a Champion of Nurgle using the 6th edition Hordes of Chaos book?

Great weapon? Additional Hand Weapon? Hand weapon & shield?
>>
>>55354663
Here's the one for new Magical and Divine Marks. Still haven't come up with all the negative marks for Hedgecraft wizards though.
>>
>>55354282
Surprisingly, they do.
>>
>>55353648

That's what made it great.

Then they ruined everything.
>>
File: 1454957444155.jpg (965KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1454957444155.jpg
965KB, 1600x1200px
>>55353648
That's kind of the fun thing about it - the variety of the setting allowing it to include a lot of things, without quite sacrificing what made it feel unique. I like 40k well enough, but sometimes I feel like people are shoving entirely different settings inside of it because of how kitchen-sink it is.
>>
>>55354664
BSB
>>
Although the 8e Empire book only includes rules for the Luminark of Hysh and the Celestial Hurricanum, it mentions that each of the 8 colleges has its own series of Orbs of Sorcery. Hypothetically, it doesn't look like there would be too much of a stretch to adapt the wagon rules to allow for stuff like a Aqshy Altar or other Arcane pimpmobile.

I imagine each Orb of Sorcery has 3 things:
-A Locus: A rule that manipulates how magic flows (better/worse channeling, extra power dice or disoel dice), if you have 1 or more of said wagon in-game.
-An Aura, of 6" support or so. The balance is whacky though, since +1 to hit in melee is way better than a 6+ ward. The question being is there a "medium" power level? Ex: an Orb of Metal adds +1 Scaly Skin save?
-A Bound Spell.

What would the individual Orbs of Sorcery look and act like anyway? I imagine an Orb of Chamon would be akin to a Philosopher's Stone, like Wyrdstone without Chaos. An Orb of Aqshy would grant Flaming Attacks (modify Soulfire so it doesn't grant to a unit, but just does flaming hits to b2b enemy units), and an Orb of Shyish...I dunno. Killing Blow in melee? That could be ott.
>>
>>55352768
Can multiple mages focus their power to casting a Ritual spell in WHFRP?
>>
>>55356398
Yes. Some rituals require it.
>>
File: wood_elves_.jpg (290KB, 1600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
wood_elves_.jpg
290KB, 1600x1081px
What do you think the Wood Elves eat?

Aside from the flesh of the innocent, that is.
>>
>>55356618
I don't think they make a difference between innocent and guilty.
>>
>>55356627
Very well, but what else? For the scant few days of the week when nobody is trying to invade their forest.
>>
>>55356684
I assume they can take some fruit or other produce from the forest.
>>
>>55356684
Would they eat fruit? I mean the whole point of tasty fruit is for it to be eaten and have the seeds get spread further than they would otherwise travel.
>>
>>55356684
The only thing I can find right now is woodland game. They also drink a lot of wine. No idea why they wouldn't eat the fruits that grow in the woods.
>>
>>55356618
I think I have seen pictures of almost every combination of two races fighting each other. Does anyone have pictures or canon examples of the empire fighting dwarfs? I don't remember seeing any.
>>
>>55351424
If Slaanesh exists in 40K then that also means that Slaanesh is a part of 40K.
This isn't exactly rocket science. Anyone who is old enough to have learnt how to read should understand such simple logic.
>>
>>55356618
Does anyone find it weird how apparently someone from Talabcland decided that they were going to get together an army, cross half the Empire and the Grey Mountains, and get fucked over in Athel Loren?
>>
>>55356732
>>55356753
>>55356755
What sorts of fruit grow in such heavily forested conditions as those? And even then, you can't have a diet solely of that stuff. Need protein from somewhere, woodland game is a good idea but it wouldn't cover the entire thing.

Plus you can only survive so long on rabbit, I think it makes your joints give out after a while.
>>55356783
Mercenaries? Franz probably knows better than to send any armies into Loren.
>>
>>55356732
That's what I thought, but I haven't read the WE book enough to know if it was written by one of the tards who think "can't eat fruit because muh nature".
>>
>>55356516
Can it be done for any ritual in order to make the chance of success more likely?
>>
>>55356800
I'm only guessing, but remember Athel Loren is a pretty magical forest. Between fruit, various other things that might grow there like roots and tubers and maybe other vegetables, and all the various kinds of game you can hunt, I think the Wood Elves would do okay.

Don't they have a semi-nomadic society anyway? They're a step above hunter-gatherers in some ways, as much in tune with the nature of the forest as their own heartbeats. If humans can live off of hunting and gathering, so can they.
>>
>>55356800
>What sorts of fruit grow in such heavily forested conditions as those?
Every fantasy face this problem, where the environment they live in can't possibly feed their numbers without introducing either some magic bullshit or fantasy plants that solve this problem.

Dwarves usually do that by some kind of mushroom, at least /tg/ says this.
>>
>>55356856
>Every fantasy face
*Every fantasy race faces
I'm tired.
>>
>>55356856
At least Athel Loren has the excuse that it's supposed to be bigger than its geographic location would allow, and that it's spreading.

>>55356853
That's possible, certainly. It fits with their stone-age ascetic (virtually no metal, etc). Most of it's just dependant on how much you can grow in a forest's conditions. Kind of stymies traditional agriculture.
>>
>>55356800
Kind of depends on whether wood elves are stupid nature lovers or understand their place in it. If it's the former, well, they don't eat anything because everything has feelings man, but if it's the latter, it would be respectful hunting and fishing for protein and gathering forest plants, with an emphasis on drying and preserving food.
>>
>>55356783
>Does anyone find it weird how apparently someone from Talabcland decided that they were going to get together an army, cross half the Empire and the Grey Mountains, and get fucked over in Athel Loren?

Athel Loren has a tendency to randomly appear in the middle of other forests. It's possible this unit was on the march and wandered into a drifting wood, leading to the Asrai chimping the fuck out.

>>55356800
>>55356944
Asrai are by no means vegetarian. They don't engage in animal husbandry, but they eat plenty of meat. And bananas (and similar fruits) grow in forests of comparable density to Athel Loren.
>>
File: wood elves cover.jpg (1MB, 1241x1754px) Image search: [Google]
wood elves cover.jpg
1MB, 1241x1754px
>>55356942
>virtually no metal
Does this mean that this guy is filthy rich?
>>
>>55356618
The "geneseed" of the little boys they /ss/.
>>
>>55356944
I think their thing is that the forest has sort of accepted them, so that it'll allow them to do those sorts of things. To an extent anyway, hence no mining for metal and no animal husbandry.

>>55357004
Grah, 8e shite. Is that the one that made them utter dicks?
>>
>>55356999
>Athel Loren has a tendency to randomly appear in the middle of other forests

What? I thought that there was some World Roots system that worked a little like the Eldar Webway.
>>
>>55354663
>katanas are absurdly good

Makes too much sense
>>
File: NurgleManifestation-27.jpg (109KB, 661x668px) Image search: [Google]
NurgleManifestation-27.jpg
109KB, 661x668px
>>55351208

Ally in with the opponent that has less artillery if you can. Forgot Chaos couldn't take Harpies. If you're going for a smaller DZ, that seems more reasonable. It may still be worth shaving points off from the trolls, or dropping nurgle from the chariots in order to get dem hounds for screening. Because chariots not getting the charge off is frustrating :/

It turned out that no one fielded any artillery. My opponents fielded a fighty set up of Greenskins and the other used a Helves list centered around Caradryan with a lot of spells and a fair amount of ranged attacks.
My greatest sucesses in the game were twofold:
When my trolls puked their way through a unit of Dragon Princess.

When my depleted unit of Warriors and BSB (My Sorc. Lord miscasted and sucked himself and 8 warriors into the warp) managed to fend off and even win against a large unit of Savage Orcs, buffed by a Shaman and aided by the boar riding Black Orc general.
I did however stupidly wasted my trolls against an arachnarok and neglected my Chariots in the late game. All in all I came last but had a lot fun.
I definitely recommend Triumph and Tetrarchy to anyone who hasn't played it.
>>
>>55357083
Like I said, it's bigger than it strictly should be, and it spreads. Like, you wander into another forest-Surprise! You're now in Athel Loren being stepped on by a treeman.

Also time doesn't really work inside it.
>>
>>55357120
Forgot to remove the text I was quoting. Phoneposting should definitely be avoided when one is tired.
>>
Oh and speaking of arachnaroks. Do anyone know of any good non-lore of Death tactics for defeating an arachnarok as WoC? Should I just combat res. it to death with one of my infantry blocks?
>>
>>55357245
The Arachnarok is expensive, and usually is taken less for the "combat punch" so much as for the support aspect, meaning either as a mount for a Great Shaman (as part of a channeling-spam build), or with a Flinger (as part of a more defensive build). One of the more notably infamous builds is to do mass Bow goblins with a Spider Banner, for a mass of Poison(5+) shots. It's quite nuts really.

Generally, I would focus on "neutralizing" rather than defeating. So running hounds or marauders at funny redirect angles, while focusing on the units that benefit from said Spider most. The ASL thrower is mostly there as "denial" if the Goblin player is running a Squig Herd, or other "hi-strength I2", while the catcher only truly becomes dangerous if there are a bunch of smaller shamans nearby to benefit from the channelling bubble.

I notice Chaos gets access to Lore of Shadow. That could be another option. Pile on the debuffs, or start maneuvering for kills. (Though I imagine that would only work better for some kooky Empire Witchhunter build)
>>
Would you enjoy a revived order of Sisters of Sigmar in WFB, outside of Mordheim? Or are you tired enough of Sisters of Battle in 40k?
>>
>>55357877
They could be an interesting "Special" or "Rare" for Empire armies if making homebrew for historical forces of the Old World.

I always wondered what it would be like for there to be an "ancients" version of WHFB with living Nekaharans, and Sigmar-era tribes including the Unberogens, Lodrigens, Jutones, and Bretonii. And maybe for shits and giggles, a Reman Empire rather than them just being Remasans known for throwaway gags like Curious Geezer.

Because, part of me does want a proper Roman Empire, or to do a WHFB-meets Asterix mashup.
>>
>>55357843
Thanks for the input. I will definitely take it into consideration whenever I again face an arachnarok.
I haven't tested Lore of Shadow yet but it's on the top of my to do-list. As a lore is it something I should use on a more mobile sorcerer or does it work fine on a footslogging one?
>>
>>55357877
Should just be female Priests of Sigmar, no need for Sororitas: Fantasy Edition on a large scale. Worked fine for a small cult in Mordheim though.
>>
>>55357957
Eh, I suppose. Considering the signature spell has 48" range by itself, and its cheap enough to boost other debuffs from 18-36...it's not like you *have* to use it for setting up flanks. I suppose you could be cheeky and use it for playing shell-games with magic banners or buff characters like Festus too.
>>
>>55357877
I don't see why they couldn't still exist in some form or another.
>>
File: Cathayan Longsword.png (163KB, 444x236px) Image search: [Google]
Cathayan Longsword.png
163KB, 444x236px
>>55357095
I based it off of the rules from 'The WFRP Companion'. My version is actually weaker than the original version.
>>
>>55358262
>500 gold

The fuck
>>
>>55356850
Well, the more power dice you have, the higher the chance of success is. So even an additional couple of M:1 wizards can really help a ritual along.

Which one are you trying to get off?
>>
>>55358576
Best quality weapons have 10 times the cost. A regular one would be 50 gold, though you're still unlikely to find one for sale in the Old World.
>>55359000
It's just that if there are rules for having other wizards join in, I can't find them. Do those Wizards also have to fit the Magic Level, Arcane Language and other restrictions? Is each one individually affected by Tzeentch's curse or are all of them affected?
>>
Not shitpost, swear by Taal

Convince me to play 9th Age when all I own are a Zombie Dragon, a Vampire Lord or two, and Krell.

I get this feel that 9th Age was a response against GW telling you to "go fuck yourselves and your movements bases too" when it comes to folks that already had huge armies.

But I only ever collected characters to paint. How can I go 9th Age? Or should I just go over to Age of Skubmar?
>>
>>55359459
No offense, but unless you buy some more models - some skeletons at least - you pretty much can't play. It's like trying to play poker with only the 12 face cards.
>>
File: delves and helves.jpg (980KB, 2666x3106px) Image search: [Google]
delves and helves.jpg
980KB, 2666x3106px
Am I off-base for the Total Warhammer dlc stuff?
>>
>>55356618
wood elves eat bretonnians

honestly i hate wood elves so much, they think they're so pure yet every year lead some pogrom-style massacre of innocent women and children because bloodlust. I fap every time i read about Morghur kicking their shit in.
>>
>>55357877
women soldiers works in 40k because power armor and bolters

women in medieval melee combat is just stupid.
>>
>>55356759
Shut your whore mouth!

Empire and Dwarfs are bros for life.
>>
>>55359654
The first total war DLC is supposedly going to be Clan Skryre with Ikit Claw, Ratlings, Jezzails, and Thanquol & Boneripper for some reason

Araby & Tomb Kings seem very likely as well
>>
>>55359907
But there are Damsels and Prophetesses, female elf (of all varieties) soldiers and commanders, even probably some female skeletons and zombies, let alone vampires. It's a fantasy universe, if they're not strong enough you can chuck a magic weapon at them or tell them to fight from a range.
>>
>>55356759
Dwarfs get (unintentionally) shortchanged by less than a handful of copper coins by Imperials that commissioned a fortress to be built by them, grudging ensues.
>>
File: Mordheim.gif (32KB, 369x347px) Image search: [Google]
Mordheim.gif
32KB, 369x347px
>tfw you're kinda interested in Mordheim but its dead
>>
>>55354663
The melee weapons need looked over.

If you're going with a onehander for example there's no reason to use anything besides an Axe. It makes the pick and mundane swords useless by comparison.
>>
>>55358576
Import tax is a bitch.
>>
>>55361408
There's been a weird resurgence in Mordheim in my area thanks to the Song of Ice and Fire kickstarter - a few FLGSs are running a campaign in the setting using the Coreheim rules.
>>
>>55353648
I wish more people would realize the people who made Warhammer great left over a decade ago.
>>
>>55361591
In the case of One-Handed weapons, the axe seems okay to me since the increased damage comes with suffering a -10% penalty to all rolls to hit. The only issue I'm thinking of is with regards to using the sword alongside a shield or buckler where, depending on rules interpretation, the defensive trait from the sword does not stack with the defensive trait of the shield/buckler.
>>
So was thinking about Chaos Dwarfs in TWW, and I stumbled on a little lore tibet, apparently the CD's insist they AREN't chaos. Despite being called Chaos Dwarf's, worshiping a lesser chaos god, and serving in most large Chaos warbands as engineers. What gives?
>>
>>55363016
Got a source on that?
>>
>>55359870
this

welves are pieces of shit, literally just non-chaos beastmen
>>
>>55363016
I'd love to see a source because for fucking DECADES, I thought the C.Dwarfs believed Hashut to be a member of the Dwarf pantheon - their 'Dark Ancestor' who felt that Chaos could be controlled and used against itself but I've never been able to find a reason for why I had this belief.
>>
>>55359654
Dragon Mage is a bit redundant and I can't see sky-cutter making it into the game; but other than that you're probably right on the money.
>>
>>55361408
Honestly; ever since AoS I've had an easier time finding Mordheim games than Fantasy. Namely since you can still buy units for Mordheim.
>>
>>55360204
damels and prophetesses use magic

fem elfs arent human and have different physical qualities

undead are magical beings

regular non-augmented women fighting would be dumb. Maybe magically enhance them through the powers of sigmar
>>
>>55361408
Anyone played the chaosband version?
>>
>>55359870
Are describing Wood Elves or Bretonians, right now?
>>
>>55359907
I think women soldiers in Empire armies could be fine, simply because the difference between Men and Women in terms of physical performance is less than the difference between S3/T3/W1 and S4/T4/W2.

Plus, you know - Fantasy. It's meant to be unrealistic.
>>
What is your faction and why do you like it?

Hard Mode: Don't shit-talk people for their faction/reason.
>>
>>55364157
Dwarfs. I was introduced to Warhammer as a sideline from The Hobbit novel and they were the first character type I played in Heroquest and D&D.

It then evolved to a love of the Dawi-Zharr.
>>
>>55356275
>Aqshy
Burns to the touch, sets fire on stuff
>Azyr
Disrupts air pressure, air swirls around it like a mini tornado
>Chamon
Philosopher's stone + Midas touch, turns anything it touches into Gold, also has magnetism
>Ghur
Tempts people and disturbs thought, Apple of Eden style
>Ghyran
Revitalizes and makes people feel healthy and tireless
>Hysh
Shines bright, Chaos-tainted entities feel pain in it's presence, Undead entities have their binding disturbed
>Shysh
Drains the life out of anything it touches, making the affected entity age prematurely, if contact is kept long enough, the entity has it's soul sucked by the orb permanently
>Ulgu
Sucks light and sound from the area, leaving it in silent darkness, high level casters can still talk for spellcasting purposes
>>
File: gutter_runner_by_pahapasi.jpg (72KB, 720x1104px) Image search: [Google]
gutter_runner_by_pahapasi.jpg
72KB, 720x1104px
>>55364157
Skaven. Vermintide got me interested in them.

A lot of variety(plague, ninjas, grotesque monsters, half assed magitech). interesting lore and hilarious flaws that keep them from being OP
>>
>>55364157
High Elves. I just like badass elves. They come somewhat close to the Noldor while also having their own shit going on. Also I hate it when elves in any setting are passive, not actively intervening in the events of the world, often excused with the dry trope of their dwindling power. "There are as many..." aside, they are a declining race, but still one of the major players in the world.

Some of them even use axes!
>>
File: images (5).jpg (7KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
7KB, 201x251px
>>55358074
Well I do love me some Festus + Nurgle Warriors with Halberds-faggotry
>>
>>55363994
Realism =/= Believable
Warhammer is not realistic, but most things are believable within the setting, Humans are human, Elfs are dexterous and Dwarfs are tough

Order of Warrior nuns is believable, as divine hax are an established thing
Female human units in a melee is not, as Humans in WHFB are a direct parallel to real humans
>>
>>55364157
Lizardmen

The mix of dinosaurs, ancient wardens of the world and mesoamerican culture tickles my fancy

They also give a lot of free range on how to paint them
>>
>>55359654
Here's to hoping we get a Pirate-themed dlc with Vampire Coast and Dark Elf Fleet Masters.
>>
>>55364729
Do you mean female-only units or just women at all in a melee unit?
>>
>>55364157
Chaos. I've always had a thing for the dark forces that allure men with the hope of power but in reality turn them into slaves to their own vanities and emotions. It also helped that I've always had a huge fondness for vikings. When I was little I mostly favoured Khorne but when older me got back into the hobby I quickly switched my alliegance to Papa Nurgle.
>>
>>55364783
Both?
Just non-elven female rank and file troops, like Imperial state troops or Bret Man-at-arms

They are fine as part of militia units (FCM…) or religious Sisterhoods imo
>>
>>55364863
You don't think that in times of extreme danger and unrest - like Storm of Chaos levels - that it wouldn't be sensible to outfit and train female auxiliaries?

I mean, the difference between a guy and a woman is less than between S2 and S3.

And as far as believability in the setting goes, thesee are people who will literally be facing undead, flesh-eating hordes, entire underground ecologies that could burst up at any moment.

And with regular warfare draining the populace, it's not like these places have the luxury of choice.

I mean, fair enough that you find female units unbelievable - but it just seems like an odd hill to die on.
>>
File: smile.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>55364157
its a mix between empire and high elves
High elves because noldor + dragons
Empire because of the aesthetics and because Karl Franz is literally the opposite of what the god emperor of mankind is.
>>
>>55365034
If you have an apocalypse level event happening, you'd want the limiting reactant for bebies to be as numerous as possible. That means keeping women out of the fight. I could see it in brettonian armies, but empire troops are trained and drilled, and to have units of women even as a defense force (because women can't be part of an offensive, marching army) would require too much training and upkeep to justify.
>>
>>55365389
I'd have thought that the first priority is making sure everyone doesn't die - worry about your babies when you know there will be a chance to make babies.

As for women being unable to be part of an offensive marching army, isn't the core of that argument that:
>women can't carry as much for as long
>therefore the army would be slower
Which certainly reduces the effectiveness, but doesn't make them impossible, and how does that affect a primarily mounted force or one thats armed predominantly wih gunpowder weapons?

As far as empire troops being drilled and trained, why would including women in the training make it too expe sive to justify the upkeep? Even if you just train them with bows/crossbows/gunpowder, surely having an extra hand that knows how to use these weapons would be worthwhile in a defensive situation. At least enough to justify the cost.

But again, aren't you assuming all this ignoring the notion that life in the empire would be much more dangerous than our medieval counterparts?

Again, when you're dealing with literal dragons, how can you maintain the argument that teaching the womenfolk more swordsmanship than 'stick them with the pointy end' isn't worthwhile?
>>
>>55353648
Literally the worst parts of Warhammer are the Deus Vulting Grimdark.
>>
>>55354674
Dirty Coward is WAY too onerous.
>>
File: Empire_Pistoliers.png (1MB, 519x782px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Pistoliers.png
1MB, 519x782px
>>55365482
Not the anon you responded to but your thinking is highly biased by the modern standards of equality.

That being said I could definitly see a desperate elector count equip a unit of females as pistoliers. The physical limitations wouldn't be a problem as the pistoliers main purpose is to pepper the enemy with bullets from afar and ride away at the sign of trouble, thus also eliminating the nasty business of having women engaging in thoroughly ungentlemanish melee. The women would in other words be reasonably safe from harm and any physical 'handicap' would be severely limited while they simultaneously not transgress too much into the sphere of men.
Oh and it would definitely look awesome with a unit of pistolier-damsels on the tabletop.
>>
>>55365791
Equality be damned, it's just a numbers game. If they have X-hundred raving orcs barrelling down on you, why wouldn't you put a bunch of heavy sticks in everyone's hands?

This isn't a setting that can really follow historical instances of gender bias, when day-to-day survival is a constant struggle beyond anythig seen in our history.
>>
File: 1502842280067.png (921KB, 648x730px) Image search: [Google]
1502842280067.png
921KB, 648x730px
What were some of the more common "fixes" and amendments that people gave to 6th edition whfb? Recently got a copy of old rulebook and an intact copy of Dark Shadows and I've been wanting to do a campaign of it. I've got a few mates who I could rope into it, especially with all the old army book pdfs in the mega archive here.
>>
File: Pyrrhus.jpg (21KB, 389x475px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhus.jpg
21KB, 389x475px
>>55365897
That's not how humans behave at all. We would often rather die than change our societal norms. If the orc Waagh had managed to carve its way into the heart of the empire, crushing any imperial army sent its way and butchering all the able bodied men, grandpas and younglings then some generals might start to lift the notion of giving women a limited role, such as pistoliers, in the army.
When defending hearth and home, the question becomes another one entirely. Pic related.
>>
>>55354674
The Venomous trait is idiotically powerful. have the venom remove points in some characteristic at best
>>
>>55365991
6th is perfect, it does not need fixing
>>
>>55366171
That's what she said.
>>
>>55366195
Who?
>>
>>55364729
What are Amazons? Do they count as normal humans, or is Old One tech and Lustrian magic their not-human handwavium?

Female Engineers also exist. The Mechanical Steed was invented by Frau Meikle, whom was admittedly the first woman to be admitted (though reluctantly) into the College of Engineers.

And there have been female "fighter" models for Mordheim besides the Sisters, including Middenheim Youngbloods and the Kislevite Ranger. In fact, you could easily play up the "woman warrior" archetype with Kislev if you get more Soviet-Khadoresque with them.
>>
>>55366368
Your momma when I got a rear charge on her and won combat by +10
>>
>>55364729
Fucking hell, who let fucking /pol/ in?
>>
>>55365991
I would probably stick to using the 7th (or even the 8e) iteration of the Steam Tank, at least regarding steam generation and having an actual toughness value, rather than Alessio's 6e rules. Let it keep the custom loadouts of course, even if something like a Hellblaster tank is OTT.

Likewise, the 7th version of Squig Herds where they do a bunch of hits to nearby units before disappearing is so much better than the "randomly move each and every squig once the handlers die."
>>
>>55366714
That board seeps like an unmaintained septic tank now, blame the media for promoting all during the US elections as some hub of resistance against hillary/librulism and the fact it's the first result you get if you google '4chan'.

That and phone posters.
>>
>>55366528
Not that anon but:

>What are Amazons?
A society based on the real life hellenic peoples' fascination with the notion of female warriors. Even in Warhammer they're a crazy outlier in an exotic and foreign realm.

>Female fighters and engineers
No one's disputing the fact that there are females succeding and finding fame inside the male sphere in Warhammer. However you can't equate individuals with the larger group. There will always be exceptions and peoples who don't conform to the norms.
>>
>>55366714
There's nothing /pol about being in favour of believability.
t. Another anon
>>
>>55352768

>skull boots
check

>skull knee plate
check

>skull belt
No, just an angry face

>skull bracers
check

>skull helmet
check

>skull sword
check

>skull axe
some day...
>>
>>55366802
Leave phone posters alone. They aren't hurting anybody.

Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>55366882
This may surprise you, but there is an actual skull in the background.
>>
>>55367062
Don't forget the skull torches.

Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>55366861
I don't think anyone is asking for full-on "complete gender neutrality" though, and I imagine something like the Sisters of Sigmar which first sparked the discussion would be more of an outlier anyway. After all, their main base of power was The Rock in Mordheim, and they were more an itenerant group of healers and warriors rather than sending full-on armies. That justifies a Rare choice if nothing else. Plus, it would be nice for a non-Skaven army to get access to slings. Maybe make them Skirmishers, and give them some rule like "Blessed Ammo" that lets them ignore defensive Augments or so.

Arguably, their sidelining by the Grand Theogonist was less because "hurr wimmenz" and more because that one of the main contenders for the Throne, Countess Magritta of Marienburg, had been brought up by their order and heeding such an election would move the center of power away from Altdorf.
>>
>>55367132
And the skull puppet, skull hat bells, skull dangly bits, skull magic staff, lightning skull, skull shaman belt

Suddenly the word 'skull' looks all weird to me.
>>
>>55367190
I wouldn't be against a small specialised unit of warrior nuns.
>>
>>55357843
>kooky Empire Witchhunter build
What would one of those entail? I'm interested in running one of those but I'm awfully uncreative.
>>
>>55367196
Come on down to Crazy Nagash's Used Skull Emporium today! We got Skull Belts, Skull Boots, a Throne of Skulls, but we discontinued Screaming Skull Catapults and the Flail of Skulls.
>>
>>55360068
I'm pretty sure Araby and the Tomb Kings will come out before Total War Warhammer 3, also the fact that CA basically owns the pre-shitmar lore in terms of new stuff, and can basically make stuff up, i think Araby, Kislev and maybe even some 3rd slightly smaller human faction or the chaos dwarves could be added.
>>
>>55367296
>I'm awfully uncreative.

Just like Yoko Ono.
>>
>>55361408

Oh dude its such a good game, pick it up with some friends.

Doesn't matter that its dead, there is so much material out there you could play forever, although just the core rulebook was good enough.
>>
>>55365897
Because if you give 'heavy sticks' to hundreds of untrained, terrified, unequipped and unfit people (men OR women) and shove them up against those raving orcs you could possible make the situation even worse.

>orcs start charging
>these conscripts start panicking and fleeing
>entire frontline breaks apart
>best scenario your professional/veteran soldiers lose morale and maybe even join the rout
>worst case scenario orcs take advantage to and fuck your now vulnerable formations (because hundreds of orks running through your frontline is bad no matter how disorganised they are).

Great now what?

Even if they're used in reserve, they're pretty much going to be useless as little more than a five minute speedbump and this is Fantasy, not 40k where manpower is unlimited.
>>
>>55365389
>you'd want the limiting reactant for bebies to be as numerous as possible
You're an idiot.

If your town of 2,000 people is under siege with no realistic possibility of escape, then hiding away half the people who can fight in its defense because you might need them for breeding later, is just fucking retarded. Not to mention, shockingly, women can do a lot more useful things than making babies.

>to have units of women even as a defense force would require too much training and upkeep to justify.
Like the other anon said, no it doesn't. If you're already training your local militia then teaching the women to fire a crossbow or hold a spear is a trivial amount of extra effort.

And considering the large number of 'war gods' in the Old World, it would be safe to assume that women of a martial bent aren't considered as 'strange' as they are in the real world, since so many of those gods exhort their followers to smash evil in the face, and aren't likely to care what's between the legs of the one doing the smashing. Not to mention that the Old World didn't inherit the cultural misogyny of Rome, like real life Europe did, so the Empire probably doesn't have people who freak out over stupid things like women wearing pants. More importantly, the setting has a history of 'strong women', and while no (elected) Empress has ever held the throne there's more than a few who's been powerful Elector Countesses and other important figures (at least one of the chiefs who originally signed on with Sigmar was a woman as well). And before anyone cries about SJW's, that wasn't really a thing pre-2010 when they were putting this stuff in the various books.
>>
>>55365791
>your thinking is highly biased by the modern standards of equality.
And your reasoning is muddled by the idea that pre-modern inequality might have been based on logic and reason more than superstition and pseudo-science. Certainly there are differences between men and women, physically at the very least. But not so drastic that women are helpless in a fight, or can't be trained to (this applies even more to the modern battlefield, where firearms and other technology makes the physical capabilities of the individual soldier largely irrelevant).
>>
>>55367296
Witchhunters are 55 points for BS 4 and a Brace of Pistols. Each Witchhunter declares a character pregame, and against that character, a Witchhunter get Sniper, and all attacks reroll to hit and get Killing Blow. Basically, wizard or bsb-hunters.

Running something like 4 of these models in "support" of an infantry line has its uses, whether you run them "solo", or attach them to Archer units so they can March&Shoot. Shadow makes it easier for them to reach their targets, or debuff counter-units too. Inversely, they can make good relays if you want to angle a good Pendulum attack.
>>
>>55367673
>If you're already training your local militia then teaching the women to fire a crossbow or hold a spear is a trivial amount of extra effort
Strange that this barely happened in our timeline.
>>
File: some advice on women in combat.jpg (638KB, 677x2422px) Image search: [Google]
some advice on women in combat.jpg
638KB, 677x2422px
>>55367793
>where firearms and other technology makes the physical capabilities of the individual soldier largely irrelevant
Ahem.
>>
>>55365678
As fitting as it is for followers of Gunndred to recoil at a fight that they don't have an overwhelming advantage in, I suppose you're right about that. What do you suggest I replace it with?
>>
>>55367857
Probably due to stronger cultural and social values. But I know it did happen on some level in Japan, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did in other places.

The Warhammer world does have the excuse of having a couple prominent female wargods - Myrmidia and on some level the Lady (even if Bretonnians themselves generally abhor the idea, piety has created female warriors like Repanse de Lyonesse) and Verena.

>>55367880
It's not a bad article, but I hate how her point about lack of privacy comes down to 'do men want to see that?' Acting like it's a question of propriety when she's making it clear that there's no room for that, geez.

I wish /tg/ didn't uniquely go insane the moment that women combatants came up. I'm not even mad at either side, it just seems like it will completely derail threads because it's the one topic that no fa/tg/uy can avoid wanting to talk about.
>>
>>55367880
Watch this be ignored because facts are overriden by ideology.
>>
>>55367641
Tell that to Count Mikael Ludendorf, the Empire's analogue to Captain Chenkov, whom pressganged anyone that would fight while leaving all others to perish.

"Under his watchful gaze, the men and women of Hergig slaved with little sleep or food. Many died of exhaustion and those that tried to flee were executed as traitors."

"With only a handful of troops left, Count Mikael withdrew to his palace. He ordered the archers on the walls to shoot with flaming arrows, and soon every building not already set ablaze by the Beastmen was burning at the hands of the defenders. Hundreds of Beastmen, along with many civilians hiding in the cellars and attics, were roasted alive. The Count appeared not to care - there was no place in his city for those who would not fight."

I remember reading an article/interview by Toumas Pirinen though I forget where, that when he first wrote Mikael Ludendorf's fluff, he wanted to do a Stalinist foil to Gorthor, also as a way to show just how the Empire could be vastly different depending on Count. (Funny it was a Finn that wrote this).
>>
File: 1320378190687.jpg (38KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1320378190687.jpg
38KB, 241x230px
>>55367880
>mfw someone actually posts this stupid shit
See I actually know veterans, which is an even better than some story posted online years ago. And they disagree, both the men and women.

The part I love/hate most about that is that the main point is basically "men are incapable of controlling themselves around women". Or how the poor men are going to have to watch while a female soldier pisses into a bottle, or something. Somehow everyone who supports this shit is completely blind to that part and the huge insult that's implied there, and are fine with making the argument that men are just big emotional babies, as long as it keeps women out of the military, or at least combat. This goes the same with the arguments about people fucking, or guys raping the women who are serving alongside them and other stupid shit, since not only is that more of a discipline issue than anything else, but in the latter case puts the burden on women for problems that men are causing.

So moving on to the 'evidence' that having men and women in combat together will make the men drop their shit like complete retards if one of the women gets wounded, putting themselves in danger... that's something that doesn't happen in a properly disciplined army (ie: not a conscript army like the Isrealis), instinct or no. Americans, Canadians, Europeans, none of them show anything out of the ordinary for this kind of shit or anything like it.

As for the rest, talking about hand to hand combat, concussions, and what happens when they get captured (hint, the SAME thing that happens to men who get captured). It's a nice little smoke screen from the issue, but IED's will liquify most people regardless of their muscle-mass, because they need to be that powerful to punch through the armor they're facing. Hand to hand is so rare that it's laughable to use it as a reason. And stuff about hips and marching is hard to take serious when long-distance movement is done with APC's, trucks, or helicopters.
>>
>>55368050
>facts are overriden by ideology.
You're doing a good job of demonstrating that right now.
>>
>>55368291
>Americans, Canadians, Europeans, none of them show anything out of the ordinary for this kind of shit or anything like it
Any incidents about this? Please with sources. Your overall post was a whole amount of nothing, though.
>>
File: 59-bloodhornFull3.jpg (399KB, 1280x681px) Image search: [Google]
59-bloodhornFull3.jpg
399KB, 1280x681px
Discord Chat
https://discord.gg/xTGSZbU
for those looking for some Warhammer Fantasy RPG talk and game hunting. It's mainly for WHFRPG but if you want to talk warhammer tabletop, I won't stop ya. Come look for other players/gm's
>>
>>55366166
The thing is, all other cases of Scorpion Venom throughout Warhammer Fantasy, whether it is the Green Scorpion Venom from Old World Armoury, a Scorpion Tail mutation or a Poisonous Chaos Weapon has that general nature where the victim must succeed a toughness test or die in a number of rounds. That being said, Green Scorpion Venom is expensive and the chance of getting a poisonous Chaos Weapon or a Scorpion Tail is heavily subservient to the Random Number God so perhaps I could make the Toughness Test to not die from the poison Easy or Very Easy.
>>
>>55367793
Did you even read my comment? Perhaps you should actually give that a try before jumping to conclusions and spouting strawmen.
>>
>>55368354
>asking me to prove a negative
Fuck off, prove your own argument.

>Your overall post was a whole amount of nothing, though.
There's that ideology overriding facts again. If my argument is nothing, then what does that make the one I was responding to? Since everything I said was a rebuttal of its assertions.

Unless you're going to try and argue that there's nothing wrong with them, which I'd love to see.
>>
>>55367793
>firearms and other technology makes the physical capabilities of the individual soldier largely irrelevant).
Factually wrong, stop talking out of your ass
>>
>>55368768
>claims it's factually wrong
>provides no facts to back it up
Typical.
>>
>>55368309
'No U' is not a debating tactic. Go back to the schoolyard.
>>
>>55368845
Neither is, "hurr hurr, if people disagree with this it's because ideology!"

But then, I'm not shocked to see you accuse someone of doing the thing you were literally just doing. That's kinda page 1 of the right-wing playbook.
>>
>>55368682
>>asking me to prove a negative
I didn't ask you to prove a negative, but to prove a positive, since you claimed that troops desciplined enough would react accordingly when a female soldier is wounded. This is a claim that you should be able to support with proofs that it really happened.
>Since everything I said was a rebuttal of its assertions
Your rebuttals were mostly some kind of: "no, it doesn't" without adding much to the discussion.

I will give you one thing: Just dumping this wall of text of some female soldier is a bit lazy, and I never really wanted to put that much effort into this argument I watched until this point from the sideline anyway, and I don't support everything that's written in there fully.

So the main points I want to concentrate on, to keep this as civil as it can get, are two:
>1.
Yes, I do think that soldiers would react differently when a female comrade gets wounded and especially captured, the arguments about how this is based on our ingrained psychology make a lot of sense. No, I can't think of any incidents in which this actually happened, though the fact that nobody wants to let it happen might speak for itself, and as well it must make sense to you that captured girls will make bigger headlines than captured men. You claimed that troops that are dsciplined enough would react differently, without arguing for why and without proving this with it actually happening.
>2.
The physical difference between men and women are so real, it's almost unfair, and no amount of motorization and firepower was yet able to compensate for it. As simple as it sounds, the picture with the wall in that letter illustrates this very well.
>>
>>55368935
>I didn't ask you to prove a negative, but to prove a positive, since you claimed that troops desciplined enough would react accordingly when a female soldier is wounded. This is a claim that you should be able to support with proofs that it really happened.
>This is a claim that you should be able to support with proofs that it really happened.
The proof is literally in the fact that there is no evidence of soldiers playing the 'white knight' when a female comrade gets injured, anywhere but the Isreali army.

Psychology and instinct are one thing. But if we can train people to overcome the urge to flee combat, or avoid killing their fellow man (the whole thing where people have a hard time shooting to kill), then we can certainly override some bullshit impulse to RUSH OUT OF COVER! and get yourself fucking killed because a female soldier happened to get wounded. Not to mention that this concept completely ignores the incidents where people do that shit and the wounded party is of the same gender.

>The physical difference between men and women are so real, it's almost unfair, and no amount of motorization and firepower was yet able to compensate for it.
Again showing you have no real idea how war, or the physics of someone's body works.
>>
File: 1471544952621.jpg (112KB, 473x699px) Image search: [Google]
1471544952621.jpg
112KB, 473x699px
I honestly enjoy seeing an interesting argument against the female soldier article, but remember this is still a WFB thread. There'll be other threads to argue about female soldiers about.
>>
>>55369105
>then we can certainly
>can
>certainly
Awesome.

>Again showing you have no real idea how war, or the physics of someone's body works
I don't see how I'm wrong, this is you are not making any kind of argument. Back in my brief time in the army I could hold up with the best girls of my company easily, and surpass them in many fields. I wasn't particularly strong or fit, there were several levels above me of physical fitness and strength, that you mostly find in military units without any girls. Not just a few. No girls at all.

>>55369329
I'm kinda sorry, but you know. Autism.
>>
>>55352768
>jester's scepter has a skull on it
well okey I guess I'm not surprised.
>>
So, I swung by the LGS today and saw that it has two boxes of Chaos Forsaken. They're still at retail-ish price, at 50 a pop. The starting costs on Amazon are 60 or so.

Get or no get? I'm contemplating the potential for using one set for making Mordheim Possessed.
>>
>>55368018
>The Warhammer world does have the excuse of having a couple prominent female wargods - Myrmidia and on some level the Lady (even if Bretonnians themselves generally abhor the idea, piety has created female warriors like Repanse de Lyonesse) and Verena.

Athena was a war godess. That didn't stop the hellenes from being huge misogynists who pretty much fetishized the notion of female warriors.

>>55368291
>>55368018

Yeah that article was pretty much a parade of really retarded arguments.
>>
>>55369566
Fucking get. The two of them. The models are awesome and nets you with loads of goodies to your kitbox.
>>
>>55368018
It's pragmatism you dolts. Someone needs to watch the children, the animals, and the home. If someone isn't watching home then there will be no home to return to. If you're at the point of the women having to fight, you've already lost, and they would be better off fleeing. Women have a lot of roles in war, it's just that being on the front lines stabbing or being stabbed by the other guy aren't one of them.
>>
File: 1474663016562.jpg (4MB, 2056x2953px) Image search: [Google]
1474663016562.jpg
4MB, 2056x2953px
>>55369906
To be fair, Warhammer is often about last-ditch battles and all that. Sieges that threaten to raze entire cities to the ground and open up the floodgates to the evil north or something.
>>
>>55362333
>I wish more people would realize the people who made Warhammer great left over a decade ago.
Hard to believe, but yeah. Been a bit.

>>55365488
>Literally the worst parts of Warhammer are the Deus Vulting Grimdark.
Nah, that's not true. I'd lump chaos in 6th ed into the tail end of the golden era, and that was firmly in grimdark territory. Like all those john blanche chaos spawn drawings and such?

The setting was at its absolute best when it struck a balance. The key was maintaining a consistent tone within any given faction. You could have HoC and Wood Elves being dark and gritty, orcs being wacky, etc. It was fine.

The very first release of ogre kingdoms actually did a fair job of walking the tightrope with both dark and comedic elements... but that was right at The Beginning Of The End.
>>
>>55359654
For a second I was thinking we might not get a Kaharibdyss, since it'd be pretty resource intensive to model and animate compared to other things. But if they just do a head/pallet swap with the war hydra that's not as big a deal. And after looking up the mechanical differences between the two it'd have good tactical implication. Armor Piercing, Anti-Large, Terror Causing with Poison Attacks? Yes please.
>>
>>55369946
As have been pointed out numerous times already you cannot compare a siege with an ordinary battle.
>>
>>55370013
Karl Kopinski also did quite a bit as well.

There are quite a few things that 6th did which I miss, from custom steam tanks (though the "structure points" were wonky compared to T values), and alternate armies including the ever-hilarious Gnoblar Horde, to comedic appendix armies like the Snotling Horde ("because we could..."). Although it sadly didn't scale into 7th as other armies could consistently "shut off" their tricks, Tomb King magic in 6th was quite entertaining compared to the blandness that is the 8e Lore of Nekahara. "Shoot again" or "fight again" has far more application than "make another remaining move", or "add +1 attack/get multiple shots."

There is a certain joy in being able to do a "Free Reform" with the Icon of Rakaph, move, shoot one enemy with Righteous Smiting, get another move (I forget if you get a second free reform) with Urgency, then shoot another target. Or shoot a screening unit then charge the real target.
>>
File: Ye Olde Site.jpg (1MB, 1424x797px) Image search: [Google]
Ye Olde Site.jpg
1MB, 1424x797px
Was in the shower and got the idea to do something a little different. For all the yunginz that never got to see what Warhammer was like way back when, before GW started to turn into a giant parody of itself and before they sold Battleforgyd(tm) Fyreteam(tm) Citadel(tm) Combatables(tm), and all that retarded shit, I returned to what once was and took screens.
>>
File: Modeling Gameplay Accessories.jpg (2MB, 831x1855px) Image search: [Google]
Modeling Gameplay Accessories.jpg
2MB, 831x1855px
>>55370967
This bit here is to actually demonstrate what I mean. Back when they were genuinely creative and would actually tell you "Hey, go out, get this and that from a general hobby store and use it to make new and interesting things for your game! Do you need them? Probably not, but it's cool anyway!"

By the way, if anyone wants to see anything in particular posted, just ask.
>>
>>55371016
Is there a wayback link for the old GW site?
>>
File: Skaven Name Generator.jpg (820KB, 834x793px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Name Generator.jpg
820KB, 834x793px
They used to have a Skaven Name Generator.

>>55371046
https://web.archive.org/web/20060107012548/http://games-workshop.com/
There you go, dude. It's a bit finicky which is why I was just posting screens and offering to do it myself. At least, it gave me a some hassle.
>>
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

This may be of some significance to you
>>
File: BRETONNIA.jpg (1MB, 839x795px) Image search: [Google]
BRETONNIA.jpg
1MB, 839x795px
>>55371113
The page for Bretonnia, featuring articles on modeling stained glass, a White Dwarf tournament army, Bretonnian heraldry, and a Grand Army of Cathay conversion that used/uses Bretonnian rules.
>>
File: Dorfs.jpg (1005KB, 813x793px) Image search: [Google]
Dorfs.jpg
1005KB, 813x793px
>>55371170
Scenarios and Slayer mini-campaigns, relegated to the annals of history. A mighty tragedy to have befallen the Dawi indeed. 'S goin' in my own personal book.
>>
>>55371272
What's that, umgi? You like lizard folk? Well! What if I told you once-upon-a-time there were things like a Lizardmen Name Generator, or an Interactive Lizardman Painter! Not to mention the many articles on how to make your own Lizardman buildings and terrain, all on Games-Workshop's own site.
>>
>>55371336
fuck I forgot the image
>>
>>55371272
Mad Inventions would be good. If you could post the page for Klawmunkast and the Warpstone Tank, that would also be most appreciated.
>>
File: markers.jpg (64KB, 246x589px) Image search: [Google]
markers.jpg
64KB, 246x589px
>>55370967
>>55371016
>>55371113
>>55371170
Boy this takes me back.
I made some of those markers for my beastmen back in the day. Good thing too, I always forgot the special rules.
>>
>the thread is so dead that shitposters trying to imitate life with bumping screens from old site
>>
File: CmG9JqxWQAAZcDG.jpg (313KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CmG9JqxWQAAZcDG.jpg
313KB, 900x1200px
>>55371170
I was actually lucky enough to find a few pages from the White Dwarf article about the Cathayan army. They're unfortunately unsorted, and I don't have all of them.

Still some really cool links on that Bretonnian page. It's kinda strange to think that at one point, the love and attention for it wasn't just a community effort.
>>
File: Bests Beasts.jpg (1MB, 890x794px) Image search: [Google]
Bests Beasts.jpg
1MB, 890x794px
>>55371356
Do you remember approximately what year it was put up? I can't find it so far.

>>55371386
"A great introductory skirmish called "The Challenge". All you need to play are 20 Beastmen models and a tabletop!"
This'n is just for you, friendo.

>>55371410
Good to know I got some dumb faggot miffed because I wanted to post shit from 10+ years ago to inspire memories of the past :^) Were you going to contribute or make a request or just shit up the thread?
>>
File: Attack on Hexacoatl.jpg (5MB, 869x4954px) Image search: [Google]
Attack on Hexacoatl.jpg
5MB, 869x4954px
>>55371461
Took me waaaay longer to make this one, but hopefully it's exponentially radder than the previous ones. Apologies for how much larger it is, but there just so much going on in the article and this was only three pages.

>>55371456
That's fuckin' awesome, dude. The fact that someone actually had that very White Dwarf after I put that stuff up is pretty neat, to say the least.
>>
File: 7thwarhammer-online-warhammer-.jpg (23KB, 311x500px) Image search: [Google]
7thwarhammer-online-warhammer-.jpg
23KB, 311x500px
>>55370967
>>55371016
>>55371113
>>55371272
>>55371170
>>55371386

!! THanks anon! I JUST had started to get into Warhammer as a game, when these pages were still active... So I have found memories..In fact if I recall, I had the Bretonnia page as my start up page when I launched my web browser
>>
>>55371461
2004-2003ish I think. I forget. It was around the time the Steam Tank came out.

I would enjoy the Dwarf inventions article though, as well as if you can find the sheet for Burlok Dammnison (sp?)
>>
File: Beastmen Scenario.jpg (2MB, 847x1283px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen Scenario.jpg
2MB, 847x1283px
>>55372000
I really miss this sort of roleplay kind of stuff that used to be promoted. Added that much more flavor, ya' know?

>>55372090
Oh shit dude, I remember doing the same sort of stuff. For me I think it was Skaven or Dark Elves, though.

>>55372334
I'll put that one up next.
>>
File: Mad Inventions.jpg (1MB, 836x795px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Inventions.jpg
1MB, 836x795px
>>55372334
Now, I would make a big ol' edited post like the one for Hexacoatl, buuuutttt-
>>
>>55372372
Haha, great minds... I miss the days when Warhammer had actual aethetic appeal and story. 6th-8th edition Skaven were the best...
>>
File: Damminson.jpg (851KB, 926x793px) Image search: [Google]
Damminson.jpg
851KB, 926x793px
>>55372334
I am lazy and hopefully this one makes up for it.
>>
File: m6LkqgM.jpg (421KB, 755x1039px) Image search: [Google]
m6LkqgM.jpg
421KB, 755x1039px
>>55370013
>The setting was at its absolute best when it struck a balance. The key was maintaining a consistent tone within any given faction. You could have HoC and Wood Elves being dark and gritty, orcs being wacky, etc. It was fine.

I feel like TWW strikes the right balance between grimness and humour. There is the feeling that the world lives on borrowed time and that Chaos can never be fully defeated but only pushed back temporarily. On the other hand there are small over-the-top comedic elements that remind you that the grimness and violence should not be taken too seriously. Like how Bretonnia is primarily about fancy paladins in shiny armor but at the same time 95% of their population is made up of dirty hunchbacked peasants who can be drawn and quartered for hiding a sack of grain from their lord.

You are right to point out that each faction has its own balance between the two elements. I personally prefer the openly comic relief races like the greenskins because they have this light hearted and devil-may-care attitude. The dwarfs and empire have a more serious running theme of "brave warriors who are hopelessly outnumbered but fight on nonetheless and make evil pay dearly for each life it takes" which I find a bit tiring and cliche after a while. Of course that's what will make them interesting to other people.
>>
File: 1505234673034.jpg (400KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
1505234673034.jpg
400KB, 1200x801px
>>55372634
The thing I like about the Empire was something someone pointed out a few threads ago. It's like, usually in high fantasy, it's the noble few superpowered heroes against the numberless scuttling hordes of darkness.

Here, however (or at least for the empire) it's flipped around. The superpowered guys are the savage barbarians from the north wanting to watch your world burn, and it's *humanity* who are they orcs. They're the ones inventing gunpowder and cannons and stuff in order to even the odds by fighting dirty, they're the ones outnumbering the chaos warriors who are killed in droves for every one of them that they take down.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>55372785
It makes sense, yes. Heroic redshirt sacrifices versus an army of mini-Saurons, rather than the Fellowship against a bunch of Orc mooks.
>>
>>55371410
>and it's not even /wfg/-poster, it's a fucking 40kkid >>55372230
>>
File: 1497630765662.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1497630765662.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>55372843
>look, he plays the OTHER Warhammer
>that means he never posts here or contributes or isn't invested in the setting
>>
>>55372975
>>look, he plays the OTHER Warhammer
Well, in case of /wfg/ yes.
GWkids aren't welcomed here
>>
>>55373006
k
>>
>>55372785
Yes it does and that's indeed a departure from the usual Tolkien re-hash. I was reading some of the end times stories and they had some odd stuff like armies of a thousand or less empire soldiers holding back and almost defeating numberless hordes of demons and chaos warriors but that was probably done for extra dramatic effect. The dwarfs and elves are more classic in the sense that they are overpowered warriors who typically only lose because the bad guys can throw an unlimited number of disposable minions at them. It's not really my thing because it makes the forces of evil look underwhelming.
>>
>>55373006
Jesus this post is almost everything wrong with generals.
>>
So who is more iconic when it comes to WHFB art? Kopinski, or Adrian Smith?
>>
File: IMG_20170913_225123.jpg (4MB, 5152x2896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170913_225123.jpg
4MB, 5152x2896px
>>55371386
Your picture made me think of something that's long been on my to do-list.
I've been meaning to make a couple of objective markers for general use in various matches. Anyone have any good ideas/suggestions for some?
All I got thus far is the one in the picture.
>>
>>55373006
Cringe - the post
>>
>>55366113
>That's not how humans behave at all.
>Thinking our histiry of human behaviour is a good indicator for how humans would behave after their culture and societies developed in a fantasty setting where they are beset upon from all sides by monsters, demons and nightmares.

Gg, guy.
>>
>>55373633
pretty much. You do not have entire centuries of stability that would be provided in the real world in settled communities.
>>
>>55363438
Fun fact, in the Brunner the Bounty Hunter stories, a rival/sometimes-ally of Brunner's, a dwarf bounty hunter, knows of Hashut and uses his name as a curse despite not being dawi zharr.
>>
>>55369906
That's what old people are for. You're better off with a woman in her 20's at your side then some crook-back old man who can only hobble when you need to run.
>>
>>55374163
Well, if Mordheim is anything to go by (or at least Nemesis Crown), Old Prospectors have a tendency to disappear with your treasure/wyrdstone at the most inopportune of times.
>>
>>55370013
>orcs
>wacky
>>
I know some people wish Bretonnia was more like actual history than the loose Arthurian mythos awkwardly mixed with grimmer than grimdark take on the Middle Ages that it is, but...aesthetically I don't think it would be markedly different enough from the Empire in a lot of ways - Bretonnia may be historically inaccurate, but it all looks very distinct. And the fact that it's not closely tied to real-world history gives you a little freedom with how to actually present Bretonnia, some variety on what the lords and peasants can be like.
>>
>>55371135
Thank you for this, although I've read them before getting them 'officially' is nice.
>>
File: 1505178735869.jpg (265KB, 997x879px) Image search: [Google]
1505178735869.jpg
265KB, 997x879px
>>55353648
>knew next to nothing about Warhammer before TWW

The flood of casuals TW:W brought about is sickening.
>>
>>55374687
This, go back to /vg/ if you don't play the actual game.
>>
>>55374687
fuck off
>>
File: 1496716514822.png (4MB, 3064x2136px) Image search: [Google]
1496716514822.png
4MB, 3064x2136px
>>55374687
Anon, the fact that he's trying to go behind just the videogame to learning about the lore (and perhaps the wargame itself) is good enough.

Maybe it's not perfect to rely on newfags to keep the community alive, but they are a vital source of lifeblood, and we'd probably be dead without that sort of interest. And it's kind of fun to teach them the shit the game glances over or the memes obfuscate.
>>
>>55374739
I bet very few people in this thread right now actually played the tabletop or can claim to have sizable armies of any sort. Tough luck for them too considering a lot of kits and most hero and lord characters are no longer being made. If they want to get into it now they'll have to hunt down expensive old boxes or navigate the horrid restructuring AoS did.

I don't mind people coming here to talk about Warhammer, but if you're a filthy casual that only got here after the actual tabletop died you're a second class citizen.
>>
>>55374687
>>55374739
>attempting to alienate new blood to a game that isn't supported anymore
>encouraging the complete death of this game and setting
You're why Warhammer died and wont come back. People like you.
>>
>>55374800
GW isn't going to go back on their decision to destroy Warhammer in favor of Smegmar. WHFB as it was is long gone and won't ever return. I'd rather have a small community of people that were long time fans and actually play the tabletop rather than hordes of /v/ refugees.
>>
>>55374823
So long as they aren't talking about the video games and keep to WHFB or WHFBRPG, I don't see any reason we should tell them to fuck off. Just because they're late doesn't mean they aren't going to get invested in it the same way we did. Yes, they would have to jump through hoops to do it, but it's better than nothing at all. I for one want to encourage people to look at what the game was and remember why we all got into it in the first place, and maybe inspire more people the way we were. WHFB only dies when the last model is cut from production- even then, people find ways.
>>
>>55374687
Shush, it's helping keep the setting alive, and even bring in new blood, which is going to be hard now that the old tabletop game is gone.
>>
File: IMG_1152.png (1MB, 883x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1152.png
1MB, 883x636px
Reminder that you will never ever be able to field Sigmar, Aenarion or Grimnir.
>>
>>55375119
Or Finubar for that matter.
>>
>>55374823
>I'd rather have a small community of people that were long time fans
Except you won't have a small community
You'll be all alone and and no one will even know what WHFB is
>>
>>55375163
But I will, and so long as one man holds the torch of WHFB high it will never truly die.
>>
>>55375180
>so long as one man holds the torch of WHFB high and sneers at all the filthy casuals it will never truly die
>>
>>55374906
What in the ACTUAL fuck is WHFBRPG? Did you have a mini-stroke at your keyboard?
>>
File: 1501831745076.jpg (128KB, 1402x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1501831745076.jpg
128KB, 1402x1051px
>>55375203
Exactly. I'm glad you get it. But of course I wouldn't be the only one left. There were still fans holding on after AoS destroyed Fantasy. Sure WHFB threads were slow compared to many on /tg/ but we generally had decent discussion once we washed the taste of the new setting away. But then TW:W came out and herds of /v/agabonds came in with their "I'm new to Warhammer because of the game" shit.

They weren't around when the End Times ruined everything and they sure weren't around during the good times before. So they're filthy casuals that serve no purpose.
>>
File: objective.jpg (76KB, 531x495px) Image search: [Google]
objective.jpg
76KB, 531x495px
>>55373400
If it helps, these are the objective markers I made to go along with the special rules markers.

Pictures taken 10+ years ago.
>>
>>55375246
Warhammer Fantasy Battle Role Playing Game. Try to keep up.
>>
>>55374800
That is an AoS General shillposter. They do this shit to try and kill our general because they're upset it exists and is faster.

Don't feed him.
>>
>>55375246
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game. The B was put down more out of habit from typing out WHFB.

>>55375277
I understand, but I disagree. Many people were exposed to Warhammer via games, like how plenty of people found 40k through Dawn of War. I personally knew about Warhammer because I'd seen it in a few stores as a child, but I didn't actually learn about the setting until Warhammer Online's hype-train got me. Paul Barnet talking about the difference races and sorts of warriors they had piqued my interest, but it was through a language I understood; video games. I didn't stick with Warhammer Online too long, but I did stick with Warhammer itself.

I personally don't give a shit how someone heard about Warhammer because we all learn about it in different ways. Some of us learned from a friend, or a family member. Some of us went into a store. Some of us saw a game and discovered a whole setting that went beyond just that single title. In the end it doesn't matter. A person's passion for the game does.
>>
>>55375402
>Want casual filth to leave Warhammer
>"He must shill for AoS!"

No my dude I detest AoS and wouldn't want anyone to support that garbage.
>>
>>55375246
>>55375340
>>55375449
Not that anon, but most people use WFRP for the RPG.
>>
File: Elves2.jpg (126KB, 485x742px) Image search: [Google]
Elves2.jpg
126KB, 485x742px
>>55375449
I understand, and for the most part I'm just shitposting. It's just a shame TW:W came out after WHFB died. All the new blood is only able to experience the game and will never know what it was like to be into the hobby when it was alive and supported by GW. It must be confusing and in some cases disappointing to get into this cool fantasy world from the Total War game and then find out it doesn't even exist. It was replaced by what looks and feels like a tabletop game set in a Warcraft spinoff universe.

I know a lot of people that know the Warhammer name from Dawn of War but never played the tabletop. A lot of 40K and Fantasy (which has risen now) fans only read the books.

I'm just still pissed off that GW killed Fantasy. On one hand I'm sure we wouldn't have a great game that depicts the Fantasy world like TW:W if AoS had never happened, but at the same time I'd like to be able to walk into a store and get a game going without a hassle. I wish they could have fixed Fantasy from 8th and made a great game.

I don't hate new blood. It's good that Fantasy is more popular than it was. In a way TW:W has done more for it than GW ever did. But they don't get to be a part of the community as it once was, and that's what I want back.
>>
>>55375340
It's WFRP spaz. You damn near doubled the length of the abbreviation. Think, then type.
>>
>>55375119
>tfw we will never have a Time of Legends supplement.
>>
>>55374798
Listen here you little shit. The only reason why your game is even relevant is because of total warhammer. CA hobbling mod support means that once the game is finished, your setting will be deader than a dodo.
>>
>>55375668
What current special characters would come close for doubling as one of the legendary characters?

Gotrek could be used as a close approximation of a low-level Grimnir, surely?
>>
>>55375699
>Thinks any setting with RPG supplements can ever be truly dead.

That is not dead that can eternal lie.
In Strange Aeons, even 4chan may die.
>>
>>55375716
Tyrion might make a mini Aenerion, Karl Fran's or Valten for a mini Sigmar.
>>
File: ColereDesHautsElfes.jpg (449KB, 1200x1375px) Image search: [Google]
ColereDesHautsElfes.jpg
449KB, 1200x1375px
>>55375588
>It must be confusing and in some cases disappointing to get into this cool fantasy world from the Total War game and then find out it doesn't even exist.
Speaking as someone who only became interested in it after the End Times/because of Total Warhammer, you're exactly right.

But, I've found that it's not utterly without hope. There's the old RPG, obviously, that I'd rather like to get into, there's all the old books and things to look at, and then there's the unique circumstance that, because of how old the setting was, the stuff that made it onto the internet is spread out all over the place and very difficult to find.

And I do so love a challenge.
>>
>>55375588
>I'm just still pissed off that GW killed Fantasy. On one hand I'm sure we wouldn't have a great game that depicts the Fantasy world like TW:W if AoS had never happened, but at the same time I'd like to be able to walk into a store and get a game going without a hassle. I wish they could have fixed Fantasy from 8th and made a great game.

We all wish they would have fixed the game, instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. We all do. As far as people who played the games and didn't get into tabletop, yeah, I get you there. I didn't intend to sound like "everyone who played [game] started playing Warhammer" because that's just retarded, but in our current world, and even as it was just ten years ago, the old ways of exposing people to Warhammer aren't all that great. Most people are playing video games and dicking around on the internet, so it's only inevitable those forms of media are what draw people in now-a-days.

All that said, I do honestly have a bit of hope for Fantasy. GW is just such a strange beast now. Releasing primarchs, Necromunda, a Warhammer Quest revamp, Blood Bowl and the like. I still tend to by cynical, but I honestly have no idea what they will and will not do at this point.
>>
>>55375753
Valten seems like a good fit.

Empire Historians - did Sigmar ever have a legendary mount?
>>
>>55375756
Well I won't stand in the way of anyone who wants to actually get past the thin layer of lore TW:W gives and dig deeper into the setting.

And as a few other anons have said, Fantasy will probably never truly die even after the Total War game has been out for a while. There will always be the hardcore fans that stick around because they just love the setting and have fond memories will it. Those are the people I really want around.
>>
>>55375800
Nagash's anus
>>
File: 1483205819020.png (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483205819020.png
128KB, 800x600px
>>55364157
The Empire.
Because faith, steel and gunpowder is all you need.
>>
>>55375740
I am talking about the TT game.
>>
>>55359654
What happened to Alarielle?
>>
>>55370967
>>55371016
I miss this GW website, back when it had actual content rather than just act like a shitty, slow webstore page.
>>
>>55376137
She got a giant beetle to ride on and some serious thigh game going on. That's basically where I stopped caring.
>>
>>55368384
I'm opposed to this. Having multiple places for the same community (i.e. people who visit this thread) to talk about the same thing will only split the community and lead to factions.

I've seen it happen a dozen times before
>>
>asrai are now trees
lmao
>>
>>55375919
It's all Warhammer, babe.
>>
>>55376137
Girl must have had leg day everyday.
>>
>>55376282
But how? Also she grew double her size? Are high elves even a thing anymore? Man, I'm getting old.
>>
File: IMG_1010.jpg (265KB, 816x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1010.jpg
265KB, 816x1280px
>>55376422
>tfw no elves
>>
>>55376422
AoS, mate, nothing makes the slightest bit of sense in it.
>>
Anyone with knowledge about WFRP 2e able to answer this question?
>>55376394
>>
>>55376137
A fucking beetle? Seriously?
>>
File: wfrperrata.pdf (676KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
wfrperrata.pdf
676KB, 1x1px
>>55376751
Here is the only official errata that I know of.

AFAIK some of the original devs are still active on twitter and will answer questions about the system even now.
>>
>>55371170
>$20 Army Book

FUUUUUUCK.

I miss the old prices. When your 'expensive' named character models would top out at like 30 bucks if they had a monster or something.
>>
File: Tyrion.jpg (269KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion.jpg
269KB, 1280x1024px
Recommend me a good starting book, /wfg/. Something to really immerse myself in.

Been playing Total War: Warhammer for 250 hours now and I've become more and more fascinated with the lore.
>>
>>55377063
>Been playing Total War: Warhammer for 250 hours now and I've become more and more fascinated with the lore.
Not straight, I hope.

If so, get up and have a walk around, see if your legs still work.

If not, then I'd suggest... Gotrek and Felix? It's a bit basic, but Trollslayer makes a good introduction to it all.
>>
>>55377063
Gotrek and Felix is a good starter, as is The Old World Tales.
>>
File: skaven sniper.jpg (654KB, 876x1024px) Image search: [Google]
skaven sniper.jpg
654KB, 876x1024px
>>55371135
tempted purely for the digital version of WFRP 1E,
>>
>>55377063
Brunner the Bounty Hunter omnibus or Beasts in Velvet.
>>
Is it necrophilia to fuck a vampire?
>>
>>55377329
Vampires are animate, sensiate, sapient, and can even bleed and die after a fashion. No.
>>
>>55364157
Skaven > Chaos Dwarfs > Vampires > Greenskins > Lizardmen > Tomb Kings > Empire > Warriors of Chaos > Bretonnia > Dark Elves > High Elves > Dwarfs > Daemons > Beastmen > Wood Elves
>>
>>55377247
It's very good quality, for what it's worth.
>>
>>55377063
Mathias Thulmann is also pretty good. Truth be told, you can't go wrong with anything by C.L. Werner.
>>
>>55374800
TW:W makes a small sliver of hope that GW might support WHFB again, though they wont be releasing exclusive army books and minis for it anymore yeah.

I can foresee though some sort of "World That Was" Index or the like.
>>
>>55375119
I am honestly surprised a sigmar mini wasn't released for End Times. Makes me think we might never get an Emperor model for Horus Heresy.
>>
>>55375588
It was a pretty bad mismanagement by GW. I know of a lot of people who got into WHFB from total war and generally they read the wiki a bit, go on games workshop, then get confused when they find age of sigmar
>>
>>55376137
Sigmarinification
>>55376406
Look at teh shoulders it's transgender, obviously.
>>
>>55376137
was there ever a beetle motif with the Everqueen or is this an age of sigmar thing?
>>
>>55377349
They are also corpses. Yes.
>>
>>55376516
I can't wrap my head around age of sigmar's lore. I'm not sure what's going on in the setting after reading 1d4chan. I dunno if it's because the setting isnt really being written about or 1d4chan is just being dumb
>>
>>55377146
>>55377245
>>55377287
>>55377458

Does Fantasy have better writers than 40k?

Haven't enjoyed books by the likes of Aaron-Bembski-Bowden and Guy Haley, really hack writers.
>>
>>55377063
few warhammer books are all that lore heavy. Most are pretty context-specific and small in scale. Gotrek and Felix is the most popular and is basically a bizarre mix of mystery, thriller, and action-adventure as they clash with a variety of enemies of mankind, most notably skaven

The best starter course in lore is probably to read the main factions articles on the wiki
>>
>>55377568
Then may it's time to find a answer in another general?
>>
>>55377568
Me neither, honestly. As far as I can tell it's like a combination of Stargate and Norse Mythology.

About as confusing as it sounds.
>>
>>55377575
the same writers of 40k write WHFB, both are by black library.

Generally while 40k books are very history-focused (i.e. this perspective of a well-known incident from lore) a WHFB book will be its own story and small in scale, a group of adventurers coming into contact with some sort of monster/threat or etc.. This isn't always the case though, particularly towards the end when GW was releasing sigmar, nagash, malekith, archaon, vampire etc biographies.
>>
>>55377568
same here. I know the basic setup: the 8 winds of magic are now their own individual dimensions connected by sigmars floating city and chaos is there as well. They all fight for control.

But how the world works, who lives where, who is doing what, history and battles, and even how much people remember of past stuff seems unclear.
>>
>>55376137
She started doing squats.
>>
>>55377609
>AoS
>Norse Mythology.
Are u american?
>>
>>55377575
In the classic days, yes. Some writers wrote for both, but usually specialize in one or the other. Abnett is a surprising exception in that his Fantasy stuff was solid.

Later Fantasy - ET era - is average 40k-tier bad or worse.
>>
>>55377887
Yeah, I forgot Abnett wrote the Malus Darkblade books with Mike Lee.
>>
Why is The Empire so stupid when it comes to Sylvania? After 3 catastrophic invasions from there you'd think they'd purge it from existence, tear down Castle Drakenhof, and send 10,000 men to garrison the place permanently under the control of Witch Hunters
>>
>>55364157
The Empire.

The Elves need their ancient magic. The Dwarves need their great fortresses. Orcs and Skaven need massive swarms and bizarre beasts. Chaos needs their hellish daemons. But the Empire stands, fights, and survives with the sheer force of will of regular, everyday humanity.
>>
>>55377664
>Elf goddess doing Squats
>>
>>55378033
Same reason Bretonnia doesn't demolish Mousillon. Every troop they send and gets killed, will get raised as an undead, making the problem even worse. So they just ignore it until they get too uppity.
>>
>>55377675
No, actually. And I was referring to the idea of how you've got the various separate realms in AoS, like in Norse myth.
>>
File: 1504750823590.jpg (32KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
1504750823590.jpg
32KB, 600x709px
>>55375119
>sigmar, aenarion, grimnir standing atop a gigantic mountain of skaven, greenskin, and daemon corpses, topped with the heads of the chaos gods themselves
>mfw we will never have this
>>
>>55377063
No books, just this.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battle
>>
>>55377063
Drachenfels
>>
>>55378056
>regular, everyday humanity
No fabulous technology, though.
>>
>>55378056
>Orcs and Skaven need massive swarms and bizarre beasts.
What do you call Karl Franz's griffon Deathclaw?
>>
>>55377480
They've released Nagash, had Karl Franz Ascendant, etc. Even AoS had models for super-Nagash & super-Archaon. ET Sigmar would fit right in.
>>
>>55375119
Or living Kroak.
>>
>>55378183
his close friend.
They grew from birth and shit.
>>
>>55377392
caved in and bought. put the all of the $20 towards the Red Cross
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
400KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any Hippogryph Grail Knights or Pegasus Grail Knights?
>>
>>55364157
Empire because renaissance aesthetics + guns + zweihanders + tanks.

Lizardmen because dinosaurs fighting Chaos and riding bigger dinosaurs.
>>
File: tyr1.jpg (246KB, 1280x794px) Image search: [Google]
tyr1.jpg
246KB, 1280x794px
Any noteworthy characters serving under Teclis and Tyrion?

Looking for some lore characters to name the guys fighting besides them when TW Warhammer 2 launches.
>>
File: 1504543047786.png (1010KB, 505x760px) Image search: [Google]
1504543047786.png
1010KB, 505x760px
>>55359654
units yeah, but the other unit DLCs only gave one LL and maybe a hero per faction.

Tomb kings
Khanie and Isha - Everqueen and Hellebron
the Serpent and the Horned rat- Tehenhauin and Ikit Claw

after that I have no idea
>>
File: IMG_3051.jpg (50KB, 280x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3051.jpg
50KB, 280x417px
Why were they discontinued?
>>
>>55378737
Holy shit that is some Great taste
>>
>>55378759
The current Phoenix King? I don't know how is he as a fighter but he's there & could easily be the economy-focused lord. Maybe the Everqueen. They could always make up characters or use some one-note mentioned character like they did Helman Ghorst.
>>
File: Knights_of_the_Grail-108.jpg (61KB, 515x160px) Image search: [Google]
Knights_of_the_Grail-108.jpg
61KB, 515x160px
>>55378440
Don't believe Total Warhammer's lies.

But I guess there could be the odd one.
>>
>>55379032
>tfw no Grail Knight who decided to tame a Hippogryph
>>
What's the difference between Hippogryphs, Demigryphs, and Griffons anyway
>>
>>55378826
Nobody bought them. Duh.
>>
>>55378826
They were considered too goofy as WHFB transitioned into more serious territory.

Forgeworld was able to reboot them and keep them threatening though, mainly just ditching the big hats.
>>
>>55379098
Demigryphs don't have wings, and hippogryphs have the back-end of a horse rather than a big cat.
>>
File: 596px-Squats.jpg (168KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
596px-Squats.jpg
168KB, 596x600px
>>55379119
>too goofy as WHFB transitioned into more serious territory
>took forgeworld to save them
Fuck damn it.
>>
>>55379119
>>55379032
>>55379073

Well not to defend GW, but thinking about it logically, a Grail Knight, wouldn't really have the need for a Hippogryph.. It'd be like if I were hercules, I'd seek after getting an Abrams Tank to ride around in
>>
>>55378759
Teclis is the current High Loremaster so any Loremaster and/or Swordmaster of Hoeth reports to him.

Tyrion is basically the bitch of the Everqueen but has sway with the forces of Averlorn in general.
>>
>>55379159
No need for an airforce? They may not 100% need a stronger mount but a mount with different utility purposes might be good.
>>
File: Valtenmodels.jpg (46KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Valtenmodels.jpg
46KB, 600x620px
>>55375119
>you will never ever be able to field Sigmar

But Valten had three different models, each with their own rules!
>>
>>55378826
Chaos Dwarfs were a US thing, introduced by Games Workshop USA. GW UK got bitchy with them and refused to release any support for them, but wouldn't go so far as to squat them
>>
>>55379194
You're not thinking Fluff wise. Grail Knights are solitary, men. They don't think about waking up to fight in armies. They wander the land getting into misadventures. Under extraordinary events would they come to the aid and join in mass combat, but again, it's overkill, and just unneeded for their travels.
>>
>>55379119
I think the hats are great so long as they are only worn by the important guys like demonsmiths
>>
>>55379256
They don't but they do serve the Lady. Some occasionally band together to stop something like dead Grail Knights the vampires brought back.I'm sure the Lady could imagine many cases where Grail Knights who can fly can be useful.
>>
>>55375119
>No Sigmar model
>No Aenarion model
>No Great Kurgan model
>No Aborash/Walach Harkon models
>No Gotrek Skybreaker model
>No Dragon Emperor of Cathay model
>No Luthor Harkon model
>No Mannfred Skavenslayer model
>No Alcadizaar Model
>No W'soran Model
>No Magnus the Pious model
>No Morkar model
>No Asavar Kul model

lots of sadboyz to be had
>>
>leon rides beaquis
>he is also a grail knight
>>
>>55379205
I'm curious now if TW WH will ever have Valten as a LL. Judging by CA's track record though, it's more likely they'd give the Vampires even more.
>>
If we ever do get another vampire DLC (unlikely) it'll either be Konrad or walach harkon
>>
>>55379363
>Louen is a Grail Knight.
>Doesn't get the fatigue immunity that other Grail Knights have in TWW.

Or is this still the case? I haven't checked, maybe it's a campaign skill.
>>
when is it acceptable to get a new bread?
>>
>>55380909
Whenever you want to start a new discussion about a video game.
>>
new thread >>55381174
>>
>>55373633
>Thinking that humans would lose their human characteristics just because they weren't brought up in any rl culture.

>>55373760
Neither did any nomadic tribes. They still turned out fairly human, even though the Assyrians would disagree.
>>
>>55373633
Oh and also:
>Thinking that human civilisation haven't been beset upon by all sides by external, internal and percieved supernatural threats. Pretty much any human civilisation have had to grapple with mighty states and/or savage nomads who'd all like to kill, or if lucky enslave them and take their lands.

“In strife and conflict I besieged [and] conquered the city. I felled 3,000 of their fighting men with the sword … I captured many troops alive: I cut off of some their arms [and] hands; I cut off of others their noses, ears, [and] extremities. I gouged out the eyes of many troops. I made one pile of the living [and] one of heads. I hung their heads on trees around the city.”

“Nabû-ushabshi, their king, I hung up in front of the gate of his city on a stake. His land, his wife, his sons, his daughters, his property, the treasure of his palace, I carried off. Bit-Amukâni I trampled down like a threshing (sledge). All of its people, (and) its goods, I took to Assyria.”

“The sepulchers of their earlier and later kings, who did not fear Assur and Ishtar, my lords, (and who) had plagued the kings, my fathers, I destroyed, I devastated, I exposed to the sun. Their bones (members) I carried off to Assyria. I laid restlessness upon their shades. I deprived them of food-offerings and libations of water.”
Those quotes could've easily been taken from any grimdark fantasy story. In reality they're from the at the time most civilised state in the whole middle east.
>>
>>55367641
>i played total war i totally know what im talking about
>>
>>55376137
TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
>>
>>55378033
Generally because whenever they defeat the Vampire Cunts, they only just barely manage, and the rest of the time the Empire is too busy squabbling or dealing with other threats to deal with Sylvania.
>>
>>55379143
The book they show up in, Tamurkhan, is definitely worth the read.
>>
>>55379032
The King is a Grail Knight.

This is actually a law in Bretonnia.
>>
>>55378826
Stupid looking models that no one bought.
>>
>>55381789
>Assyrians
>Civilized

They're the archetype for the 'evil empire.'
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.