[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 53

Meme-tier armies Edition

Resources
>Pastebin.com/jFHuzjmq

General's Handbook 2017 (pdf)
>https://mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Army and Skirmish warband Builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Now with GA books
Grand Alliance Order
>https://mega.nz/#!R3B0gDKK!BIBhguOGm-m9jH1q21mVLZk2nAprjj5WB8ijf2Hd2zQ

Grand Alliance Death
>https://mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530

Grand Alliance Chaos
>https://mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU

Grand Alliance Destruction
>https://mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Previously on /aosg/: >>55320853
>>
First for greenskins are shit
>>
>>55342540
>>55342593
I mean, Kunnin' Rukk is at least semi-viable.
>>
>>55342598
Bonesplittaz ain't greenskins ya BEAN
>>
>>55342028
More specifically if you look under "Scenery Pitched Battle Profiles" in the GHB it will specify that Wyldwoods cost 0 points in a Sylvaneth allegiance army.
>>
>>55342598
>Kunnin' rukk
>greenskinz
See? They are so shit you don't even know that they are a separate faction
>>
File: wat.png (197KB, 480x513px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
197KB, 480x513px
>GW gonna repack boyz like they did with moonclan and wanderers recently
>>
File: teclis tyrion fluff.png (855KB, 1014x571px) Image search: [Google]
teclis tyrion fluff.png
855KB, 1014x571px
>>55342550
>they died

you're retarded
>>
>>55342540
>meme tier
>greenskinz
Why? It's classic.
>>
>>55343380
everything is getting reboxed white

>>55343541
because a lot of the legacy armies have trash rules because gw doesn't care about them, this left greenskins with bad rules, they don't deal any damage really, they have shit saves, terrible bravery, they're as expensive as other options with better damage, saves, bravery, etc, etc

They're a meme army and anon is sad that they're not top tier auto win
>>
>>55343541
Classic for WhFB sure.

I'm not gonna repeat that Anon's words, they obviously suck balls in game terms.

The biggest problem is they fall into that awkward "Probably should have been deleted" tomb kings legacy slot. Greenskinz have no place since Ironjawz exist and are a million times more appealing, and even if you want 'basic' orcs, Bonesplittaz exist. Then you add every greenskin model except Boar boyz are terrible looking to the mix, it doesn't look good
>>
File: 20170911_205550.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170911_205550.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
What are you working on /aosg/?
>>
There might actually be some AoS starting up here, soon after a few players crawled out of the woodwork. To me knowledge, there is a Khorne daemons, Sylvaneth, beastmen, Stormcast and I think the new dworfs, some kind of death, and I heard someone mention skaven. I used to be a WE player myself, but I want to mix things up a bit, especially since as of the new update, I can't use some of my stuff as wanderers anymore. I wanted to play something new anyway, so rather than mope, I'll get something new. The problem is that I have no idea what I should run. What would be a good army to add to the mix that would be something different? Something from Destruction would fill the GA gap, but nothing jumps out at me.
>>
>>55343869
Different than woodies? Chaos of any flavour, Ironjawz, Spiderfang Grots, Ogres
>>
I recently got into this and im destroying my friends army. Its great. He has a bunch of orcs, like basic units and i just bring 50 sigmarines and wipe the floor with him. Nobody at my game shop can beat me, im legit 8-0 so far. Anyone else,know this feel?
>>
>>55343915
Different to the woods, sure, but also different to the rest of the crowd. I like seeing many different armies vs more of the same. There are a lot of chaos dudes here, though they're all Khorne. Ironjaws look stupid, sorry, and Ogres are kinda meh to me. Kinda neutral about them, but I had a friend play them in WFB, so I guess I'm just avoiding them. Spiderfang looks cool if limited, though.
>>
File: Arkanaut1.png (1MB, 1306x735px) Image search: [Google]
Arkanaut1.png
1MB, 1306x735px
>>55343859
Got back into my arkanauts after a break from painting, Picture is one I posted when I done it a while ago.

Not sure what I am going to do next. I am torn between either painting a Khemist, or a Frigate.
>>
>>55343588
I would say my definition of a meme army would be something that's used a lot and/or is used by spammy fat kids.
>>
>>55344136
I don't know any spammy fat kids who play warhammer, they're usually lazy so they prefer video games
>>
>>55343944
anything released since AOS came out is better than anything old that existed before the reboot. Also generally the newer the release the stronger it is. Power creep is a real thing.
>>
File: Agnes Unacceptable.png (122KB, 746x508px) Image search: [Google]
Agnes Unacceptable.png
122KB, 746x508px
>want to run 6 salamanders
>$36 CAD per model
>>
>>55344278
then don't run salamanders
>>
>>55344340
but theyre so good
>>
Any ideas on how I can get in contact with Jervis Johnson and write him a piece of fan mail? Thinking of contacting GW Corporate, but I don't know.
>>
>>55344410
Then spend $36 CAD per model
>>
>>55343915
>Spiderfang Grots
>recommending a meme
Why would you do that to that poor innocent boy, anon? At least recommend the Moonman Moonclan, so that he can field something other than three units.
>>
What dorf allies are best to take with fyre dorfs?
>>
>>55344747

This was my main concern. I actually really like the spidergrots and remember think how cool it was when the giant spider was released. Gobbos and Tombkings were on my "had I the money, I would totally play that!" list. However, I have no idea why they're their own faction.

What's a good way to start grots with spider focus besides the obvious spiderfang box? Also, I don't plan on having orcs ever, so idk if that changes anything.
>>
>>55344820
buy three spider boxes
>>
>>55344820
Well, if you could still use the Venom Mob, I'd say three boxes of the spiders, plus the Grot Big Boss on Giant Spider. But now that the Venom Mob is gone to Settra's Retirement Home, you might could get away with two and double up on Big Bosses. You want at least two Shrines, though.
>>
>>55344808
Fyre Dorfs?
>>
>>55344684
D:
>>
>>55344831
>>55344851

Two shrines at what, 2000pts? Is it worth going pure spiders all the way to 2000pts? I can't help but feel their limited selection would be rough.

Also question about allies. Spiders don't have their own faction rules, so they're allegiance would be just chaos. Would the allies benefit from the allegiance rules?
>>
Question: Can I leave part of a battalion in reinforcement points?

Example: If I'm running a Changehost and I have only 7 units toward that battalion (to make it easy lets call them all Pink Horrors) and leave one of them in reinforcement does it still meet the requirement of the battalion?
>>
>>55345136
No
>>
>>55345130
Spiders are destruction
>>
>>55345397
I know that and have no idea why I wrote chaos. I even deleted chaos while I was writing and apparently rewrote chaos.
>>
>>55345130
Two Shrines and a really shitty Flinger. God, the Flinger is fucking worthless. Anyways, you get the redundancy of having two wizards each capable of casting twice, so you have ensure that you have good targets for all three spells. My FLGS honestly hadn't really been paying attention to the new GHB, but prior to its release, 2000 points of spiders was perfectly viable and joyously gimmicky, especially on a table with a fair bit of terrain.

The standard for me was
>Grot Big Boss on Gigantic Spider with Bellowing Tyrant
Bellowing Tyrant, however has been radically changed and no longer effects Spider Venom. Probably either stick with it, or try some fun with Ravager since you've got three heroes on the table.
>Spidershrine Arachnarok x2, one with Battle Brew
>Flinger Arachnarok
>Spiders and Spiders and Spiders and Spiders
>Battalation

Without the mob, you don't necessarily need all three Arachanroks, so feel free to drop the Flinger, add in another Big Boss and 10 more spiders.
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (26KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
26KB, 400x513px
>>55342540
Soon
>>
>>55345513

So, go with 2 Spider boss, 2 spider shrine, and fill the rest with riders (obviously). How big should the spider mobs be? What about allies?
>>
>>55345643
Different people will tell you different things. I personally liked having a big meaty pack of spiders to really get the most umpf out of combo that the mob afforded you, where you were triggering 2 mortal wounds off of 3+ thanks to the old Bellowing Tyrant and the battalion, backed up by 10-man squads.

Now that the actual effectiveness of the meme is gone, I'd probably just stick primarily to 10-man packs. But again, I haven't done much with the new GHB, so take my advice with a gain of salt. With the mobility that you can end up with, maybe two groups of 15 and two of 10?

And I also don't use allies, so can't help there. Probably will have to now, if you want to be as effective. But anything than can give your units bonuses on their To Hit is worth its weight in gold in a Spiderfang army because it directly correlates to more mortal wounds.
>>
>>55345767

So, doing the points in the warscroll builder, 2 Shrines, 2 Spiderboss, and then 30, 15, 10, 10 spider riders is exactly 2000pts. That's 65 spiders. Which is, well, that's a lot of spiders, and for whatever reason, the actual box of spider riders is online only, which means I can't order it through my LGS, only the Spiderfang box, which is frustrating.

Anyway, I didn't see any way to give spiders a bonus to hit at all among the grots. Also, what should my artefacts be? I assume one of the boss spiders is the general, and Ravager looks the best to use, but I have no idea about the artefacts. Do you get one per hero or just one?
>>
>>55346059
Huh. Did not realize that weird 40 points to go from 25 to 30. I'd personally learn away from something as ungainly as a 30-man pack of spider riders, especially since you can't get the full combo anymore. 20 spider riders should be sufficient, with 4 10-man packs or two 15-man backed up by three 10-man packs.

Try online. I went in on Spiderfang around this time last year, and I snatched up 60 spiders off of ebay with no problem at all. And as a bonus, they were about half the price of buying from JewDubz. The real issue with the online only is the fucking Big Boss. I ended up having to break down and go through them to get it.

And yeah, I don't know of anything off the top of my head. You're probably just boned, which is part of why I'm leery on considering Spiderfang Grots still actually competitive. You were locked to a mono-build for the mob back then, but you also had a really solid core. Between the loss of the mob and the change to Bellowing Tyrant, the Spiders got squashed pretty hard.

As far as artifacts, the answer is always Battle Brew on your Arachnarok. And when you were able to run the mob, that second artifact was always just another Battle Brew on another Arachnarok. You just get one, but if you run a battalion, you get another.

Honestly, the Spiders got shafted hard by the new GHB. Taking out the battalion that made them actual solid -- not only did it buff your venom, but the ability to be immune to battleshock while close to an Arachnarok is fluffy while also helping to mitigate the hilariously shitty Bravery of the riders -- really dropped them from a mono-build B-tier army into low C. And they didn't even fucking do anything about the fact that the Arachanrok is three completely different scrolls that all cost the same. The naked one is never worth running, but might be if it got a point reduction for lacking either howdah. And the flinger is just fucking awful.
>>
>>55346267

Man, that's kind of a shame, really. Here's hoping we get some more stuff, I guess. Worst case scenario, I'll grab other grots and give them a spider motif and hope that G-Dubs will eventually give us a few new units. There are plenty of cool things you could do for a clan that worships spiders.

So, I just realized that the Spiderfang box is only $7 more than the spider is alone. Holy fuck lol. I might actually just buy 3 out of principle of I'm starting.
>>
>>55346353
Given its nature as a legacy army with 2/3 of the units available only online and only having 3 battlescrolls at all and that the Mob was stripped away with nothing in its place, I'd suspect that the army is probably on its way out. Or at the very least, is going to be ignored for several years before anything is done with it. Given that they didn't even fix the glaring error of a naked Arachanrok costing the same as one with the Spidershrine, it's pretty obvious GeeDubz ain't looking at the faction.

It's much the same issue that a good number of the smaller factions have, much like another army I was considering starting, the Scourge Privateers. The miniatures are serviceable enough, and the line is focused around one of the big super monsters they were pumping out for all factions in WHFB, but it's just a handful of units that will probably fade away into dust.

They aren't shafted nearly as hard as groups like Brettonians or Tomb Kings, but they also aren't really big enough for anyone to give much of a shit about them just wasting away. Maybe if they end up doing a unified Grot allegiance, but given how many other factions are completely broken -- Wanderers, the Skaven situation, etc -- it's not really a pressing matter for them to tend to nor for the community to yell about.
>>
2 questions y'all:

How's the world of AoS actually set up? Are all towns essentially just little army camps for their god/hero to continue the fight against the forces of order/chaos/destruction?

and

How're undead armies looking? It's been legit years since I played this shit and I'm curious how the new not-vampire counts stuff is shaping up.
>>
>>55346509

Considering they just got a box. I doubt they're on their way out the door, even if that box was meant to be an ally to something, and likewise the Privateers are getting a box albeit shared with fagcast eternals. However, the factions as a whole lack anything resembling cohesion, which is part of my reason for having trouble picking anything. It's not like I can thumb through an army book and say "Hey, these guys are cool" to a few units that I like.

I've had several people ask me what armies there are for the game, and have been turned completely away when I told there really aren't "armies" anymore. In my experience, people don't want to play a grand alliance; they want to play Dwarfs, or elves, or Lizardmen, or daemons. Sure, they CAN play just those things, but GW isn't making it easy for them. For example, my friend was a fan of high elves in fantasy, but they're currently spread among what, 4 different sub factions?

I'm starting to remember why I had trouble starting AoS earlier, so I should really just stop.
>>
>>55346746
Well, like I said, I doubt they're going to get stabbed in the back and left for dead like Brets and TK were, but I highly doubt anything resembling an update is coming for the Spiderfangs for a long, long time. And that box they just got is just a token box that they started cranking out for pretty much everyone thanks to the new rules and the ease of putting together a 400 pt box. If they had done something akin to the Start Collection battalions for it, I might consider the future to be looking better than it is. But as is, the Spiderfangs are just going to collect dust in GeeDubs creative space for a while.

But yeah, I can definitely feel you about how hard it can be to get interested in a faction that actually has a range of... let's say more than 4-5 boxes.

And just curious, Privateers got a new box with Sigmarines? DIdn't know about that one.
>>
>>55346846
Getting a box
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/the-season-of-war-continues-in-firestorm-aug17gw-homepage-post-2/

Getting something is better than nothing considering the also removed all legacy stuff from playability, but yea I don't expect anything soon, which is off-putting. My problem is that I really want to like Sigmar and get into it, but I feel like I have nothing for me to bite my teeth into. Spoodergrots are the closest thing, but I don't know if I can pull that trigger on to sit with 60 of the same model for 5 years. Hell, I'm worried about games being stale after one or two time playing, so as fucking awesome as it is having a bunch of goblins riding spiders Skittering across the table, it doesn't feel like an investment with enough return.

Why can't I just be some stupid normie who sees something the like and just enjoys things.
>>
>>55347015
Huh. That looks kinda shitty. They've already bungled so much, I look forward to seeing them fuck up a campaign system as well!

And yeah, the only reason I went in on spiders a year ago was because I was able to get 60 spiders for about 60 bucks. That made it affordable enough for me to just say fuck it and dive in. And honestly, yeah, it does get pretty old when you're stuck in a mono-build. It sucks even more when you're playing against armies that are actively getting supported and get new things regularly. I mean, fuck, my friend plays Nighthaunt and even though it took the new GHB to actually make the Black Coach a useable Nighthaunt unit due to the armies lack of wizards, at least they got thrown some pretty nice bones -- things that honestly should have been in the game years ago, but better late than never.

Most of the new shit just doesn't really appeal to me. I even like Thousand Sons in 40k, but the Tzeentch dudes in this just aren't my style. The Cogfops are insulting stupid. Sigmarines are just dull. And I don't want to eat the Khorneflakes. I could probably do Sylvaneth or Seraphon if I wanted to play something supported, but they don't really interest me as much as the Spiderfangs, as much as the Privateers, as much as artillery-heavy Freeguild. Of which, I could only really recommend one to new players.

Even though I purchased them for AoS, I now honestly probably get more use out of them for playing KoW at my local FLGS than I do playing AoS at the local GW.
>>
>>55347184
Sylvaneth are pretty cool, yea. I kinda like the tree people. However, there's a person moving to the area who plays them, so of course I autistically don't want to touch them now. Anyway, I know all about people getting new shit all the time because I've been a Sisters of Battle player since I started playing 10+ years ago.

The only other faction that maybe would interest me is Flesh Courts, but I'm not 100% sold on the ghouls. They're kinda derpy, but the army as a whole has some cool stuff. Their battleline always battleline if I ever want to expand into generic death, which is a plus.
>>
>>55347288
Go brayherds
>>
>>55346738
>Are all towns essentially just little army camps?
No, how did you even arrive at that conclusion?
If you want a deeper look into how the cities in AoS tick, read City of Secrets, Auction of Blood and Spear of Shadows.

>undead armies
That's a wide field. In general, Death is in a fair place, though a little anemic as far as releases go. Some armies, namely the ghost, vampire and ghoul subfactions recently got their much-needed allegiance abilities that improved them considerably.
>>
>>55347621
It's a bit further up the conversation, but that's what the main other player I'm talking to plays, so I can't.
>>
>>55347642
Play soulblight, spoopy ghost army
>>
>>55347679
Sorry meant to say Nighthaunt, not soulblight
>>
File: neave.jpg (168KB, 1438x523px) Image search: [Google]
neave.jpg
168KB, 1438x523px
>>55343859
Just finished Neave. Left the helmet silver as per you guys' suggestion (though I did make the crest-thing brass to vary it up a little).
The more I look at the model, the more I feel like she needs like a ponytail trailing behind her helmet.
>>
File: IMG_1697.jpg (937KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1697.jpg
937KB, 2448x2448px
Finale started painting the Skryre Acolytes I made quote some time ago. Just basecoats and washes for the moment.
>>
>>55347679
Aren't they nearly as limited as spidergrots? Don't get me wrong, ghosts are cool as shit, but can I really expect much from them besides infinity spirit hosts?
>>
>>55347875
How about Tzeench Arcanites?
>>
File: warband.jpg (290KB, 1559x633px) Image search: [Google]
warband.jpg
290KB, 1559x633px
>>55343859
Also finished the last model for my warband, a Longstrike-Raptor.
I wanted him running as well at first, but that looked immensly awkward with that long crossbow, plus I doubt he'll actually move much, unlike the rest of the team.
Next I wanted him leaning out behind cover, but that obscured most of the model and looked kinda awkward.
At any rate, I still need a name and a summary for him, as his mates already do:
- Ascus Summergale, former questing knight traveling the realms righting wrongs and protecting the innocent, now a Knight-Questor doing exactly the same
- Morus Cloudcutter, a very aggressive and vengeful former Outrider for the Freeguilds in the wilds of the Ghurlands
- Falmorus Welkintread, artillery observer that died delaying a pack of fleshhounds threatening to overrun a key defensive position at Phoenicium
- Polus Mistveil, who spent his former life harrying a Bloodbound warband that had ravaged his Aqshian city before succumbing to age and injuries
I'd appreciate any ideas.
>>
>>55347897
My other question was more serious, btw because a death army seems far more likely to get anything than grots. Death seems to be split into Ghouls, Skellies, and Ghosts, so it seems reasonable.

As for Tzeentch, maybe. Aren't they kinda WAAC?
>>
>>55347910

OH SHIT I CANT STOP FROM FALLING OFF THIS ROCK

ME NEITHER BRO

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>55347910
>: warband.jpg
Wow, these conversions are really pretty GW-sque.
>>
File: tljFQND[1].jpg (108KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
tljFQND[1].jpg
108KB, 1000x1333px
>>55343859
Been working on bases for these nerds. I think the dirt might be a bit too 'warm' at the moment, so i'll either try cooling it down or adding red to the shrubbery. Probably both before I've decided.
>>
File: faith in humanity, gone.jpg (6KB, 232x250px) Image search: [Google]
faith in humanity, gone.jpg
6KB, 232x250px
>>55344278
Wargames should only allow one copy of each unit.
>>
>>55348004
That's a very strange axe in his right hand
>>
>>55348023
It's a crossbow, but knowing my luck it'll probably be more effective as a melee weapon.
>>
>>55348023
That type of axe is called crossbow, anon.
>>
>>55347947
I don't know if that's intended as a compliment or not, but GW-esque was pretty much what I was going for, so I'll take it as such.
>>
>>55348031
>It's a crossbow,
Then why it's painted in the same colours as armor?
>>
>>55348042
To be honest I'm still undecided what to do with the crossbow. but it does have a lot of metal bits on it regardless.
>>
>>55347914
How do you figure?
>>
>>55347914
Tzeentch CAN be WAAC. But they can just as easilly be a more balanced and fun army. Just don't stack bullshit things like skyfires (even with the price increase i'm sure they're still good) and the changeling on balewind vortex copying a lord of change's signature spell.
>>
>>55348064
Eh, maybe. I have some tzeentch daemons I haven't touched in years I could use, but I don't like the fact that acolytes don't have a box, which makes them a pricey option. However, I dislike tzangors. I think they're retarded, and I don't see myself ever painting/using them.
>>
So I'm looking to (re)start my Darkling Covens army.

Atm looking at this as the basis

> 1 Sorc
>10 Darkshards
>10 Dreadspears
>10 Bleakswords
> 10 Black Guard
> 10 Executioners

Since I have a bunch of other Dark Elf mini's lying around I can easily ally in the following
> War Hydra
> Chariots
> Corsairs + Fleetmaster
> Dark Riders

Has anyone played with them so far? How strong is their trait? Using a sort of combined arms force with your battleline units looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>55348385
I want to do some darklings because I play Deldar in 40k, but the price is beyond off-putting. Why are guard and Executioners FIFTY DOLLARS?

That being said, I like that idea you have of just taking 10 of each unit as a baseline.
>>
>>55348385
>Using a sort of combined arms force with your battleline units looks like a lot of fun.
Nope, pick an actual army.
>>
>>55348300
Kairic acolytes do have a box. if you mean those
>>
>>55348495
I mean a collective box like a SC! or something. I still can't get past the retarded beaks on the acolytes, though. It ruins the whole model.
>>
>>55348385
They are mostly to allow dreadspears continued fuction even after taking massive casualties (since they should be screening Darkshards anyway) as well as making Bleakswords actually viable (since 1" weapons don't lend themselves to huge mobs).
Especially Bleakswords work well as a flanking force for Dreadspears that way.
It's just a shame that the battle traits do shit-all for Executioners and Black Guard, but at least you can Command Underlings on them to get them into melee faster.
Also a shame that we don't have any warmachines anymore, which would *really* help anchor our lines.
>>
>>55348385
Ferguson?
>>
File: Photo 11-09-2017, 22 41 54.jpg (120KB, 628x675px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 11-09-2017, 22 41 54.jpg
120KB, 628x675px
>>55343859
undead bretonnians for armies on parade
>>
>>55348400
Yeah, what held me back in the past was not wanting to paint 30 of each unit. With their allegiance gimmick, I think small units working on close conjunction could work. They even have the battleshock trait where you can just take a mortal wound instead of battle shock.

The only thing the faction misses is some sort of +hit buff so you can abuse your executioners' mortal wound potential.

>>55348593
The trait just adds synergy to the battleline units that one their own are quite lackluster. Executioners IMO are already quite good and have a clear function in the faction. Just not too sure about Black Guard since in essense they are just really good Dreadspears. On the other hand, nothing wrong with a block of 20 halberd wielding murder elves.

>>55348606
No?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>55348848
>>
File: PAVLAYOUT1A.jpg (128KB, 262x374px) Image search: [Google]
PAVLAYOUT1A.jpg
128KB, 262x374px
>>55348888
thanks anon, they look impressive but it's these that do the heavy lifting
>>
File: IMG_2597.jpg (183KB, 634x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2597.jpg
183KB, 634x896px
Rolled 4, 5, 4, 6, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 30 (8d6)

I had fun with this in the previous thread so let's do it again
>>
>>55348936
Wolmar Lighteningfather
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2, 5 = 29 (8d6)

>>55348936
Let's see what name I get
>>
>>55348936
>Randus Shimmermaw

Pretty cool desu, gonna use it for when I get some SC allies to my freeguild
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 1, 4, 6, 6, 4, 3 = 30 (8d6)

>>55348936
I'll give it a go.
>>
Currently trying to rebase 20 khornegors and 30 bestigors. Also painting up 24 minotaurs and other warherd beasties.

Anyone got some pictures of what they use as jabberslythes????

Any scans of blightwar around or at least the new point cost for the included units?
>>
dear AoS
how do i run nurglings?
i have 16 of the fuckers and they never accomplish anything. what are they for?
sincerely,
some poor fuck
>>
>>55349615
I use them like this:
>option 1: objective holders
>option 2: summon in and use as a distraction
>option 3: run at the back of your army to pick out and kill stragglers and weaker models
>option 4: use a meat shield to slow down/weaken the enemy until your main force arrives
>>
>>55349599
>Blightwar
Costs unchanged, Horticulous is 200, Neave 120, both battalions 180.
>>
Is there anything stopping my pink horrors(or a proper wizard like a Herald) from summoning bloodletters if I have the points?
>>
>>55349707
Yeah, I think another unit with the ability to disspell can deny a summoning spell
>>
What god should I dedicate my StD too?
>>
>>55349599
>what they use as jabberslythes?
What's wrong with just using the Jabberslythe?
>>
>>55349720

Hey, I'm just making sure there isn't some weird restriction I missed because in 40k marked/daemon heroes can only summon the same mark/daemon.
>>
>>55349728
That's completely up to you, what would you want in terms of play style and aesthetic?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>55349728
Let's find out!

>Khorne
>Tzeench
>Nurgle
>Slaneesh
>Undivded (mixed bag)
>>
>>55349742

Does the playstyle change that much based on god? I thought only Tzeentch and Khorne had books.
>>
>>55344808
Take units of iron Drakes from disposessed or endrinriggers from KO
>>
>>55349775
There's a fair difference, they all have their daemons and shit that makes them play differently enough.

Do you want to tarpit the enemy and afflict them with debuffs?
Do you want to fling magic everywhere?
Do you want to buff your dudes into unbreakable ravenous masses of attacks?
Or do you want to do whatever Slaanesh does?

Aesthetic is really the biggest part though, because as with picking any army you want something you really like the look of if you're going to be putting in all the hours to build and paint that shit.
>>
>>55349775
Khorne and Tzeentch got books but Nurgle and Slaanesh have fully functional armies in their Grand Alliance Books as well.
>>
>>55349728
Don't dedicate to any in particular.
Paint them neutral and when it's time take the heroes and allegiance of the God you want to play.

One day you are Khorne, next day it's Slaanesh and one day Nurgle came out and you can try its stuff.

Also, any cool hero and unit that came out you can buy it and use it, it's cool.
>>
Did anyone ever make any scans of Silver tower and it's pieces?
>>
>>55349615
for fun and cheeky grins
>>
>>55349615

They're basically useless. Shame because they have nice models. Nurgle battletome can't be far away.
>>
>>55349775
Slaanesh got traits in GHB17 as well. Nurgle battletome is expected soon.
>>
>>55349804
>Or do you want to do whatever Slaanesh does?

You clearly haven't seen a triple Lord on Boobsnake yet.
>>
>>55350083
Well no, what it do?
>>
>>55350101
You take the Invaders allegiance, so you can have 3 generals, each with his own traits and command abilities.
The Slaaneshi Lord on Daemonic Steed (aka Boobsnake or Biscia) have the command ability that he can choose a unit and that unit can be activated twice in the combat phase.

You basically double the damage output of 3 units on the field.

It works great with Chaos Knights with Glaives, since they do a lot of damage on the charge.

The Daemon version with triple KoS is far better, but the StD version is still very good.

Don't forget to take the Godsworn battalion, for even more activations.
>>
>>55349856
If you just paint them black you lose the ability to get specific Allegiance abilities and stuff, you'll be stuck with the generic Chaos. Depends on what you want, I mean going Undivided is an option as well, but if you're implying that he should plonk a unit of Chaos Undivided painted warriors down with a Slaughterpriest and go "yeah they have Mark of Khorne" then that's kind of a dick move.
>>
>>55350186
That sounds pretty WAAC, like double Lash Princes. I also still don't understand what Slaanesh in general is good at.
>>
>>55350207
>That sounds pretty WAAC, like double Lash Princes.
That one is, but otherwise it's pretty interesting in general. Invaders are cool if you like to collect different heroes.

Slaanesh is good at going fast (Seekers allegiance is pretty good, since the army is pretty slow) and have a few tricks that debuff the adversary more that buffing your stuff.

Of all the 4 gods, it's not the strongest but I personally think it's the most fun.

>>55350200
>but if you're implying that he should plonk a unit of Chaos Undivided painted warriors down with a Slaughterpriest and go "yeah they have Mark of Khorne" then that's kind of a dick move.
In the artworks there is literally no differences between different marked warriors.
You just need magnetize the banners, and/or use thee extra chaos warriors you find the kits to fluff them up a bit.
I think they made it that way specifically for this, so when GW makes new heroes for any God, you will buy them.
>>
>>55350281
The art can go fuck itself. If you plonk down something painted in generic colours and say it has a Mark I will tell you to fuck off.

The rules for Chaos Undivided exist for a reason, if you want to have a specific Mark I'd like to see at least a paint scheme alluding to that, if not an icon and whatnot of that specific god.
>>
>>55350329
>The canon can go fuck off
I've just found a new way to weed out shitheads I'd never want to play with anyway.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13914802
>>
File: 937083-tzeentchchosen.jpg (66KB, 607x750px) Image search: [Google]
937083-tzeentchchosen.jpg
66KB, 607x750px
>>55350344
Y-yeah canon...
>>
>>55350349
You're going to be pouring hundreds of dollars (or the equivalent in your country) and hours into this, do you really not have any opinion on what you want?
>>
>>55350424

I'm just considering my options. I'm not bound by the poll.
>>
>>55350349
Are there any benefits in this game to going Undivided? You don't get any Daemons do you?
>>
>>55350479
I suppose, but you've given us so little of your own opinions that all people are going to do is vote for what they play.
>>
File: RumourEngine-Sep12hrvs.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngine-Sep12hrvs.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
we freeguild now
>>
>>55350521
That's an ear.
>>
>>55350547
Looks more like a flower to me.
>>
>>55350547
looks like a peacock feather
>>
>>55350480
Have Chaos Furies been squatted?
>>
>>55345767
The old bellowing tyrant is gone. The mortal wound spam of spiders took a big hit. Get on that GHB2 already
>>
File: 60040299067_PathtoGloryENG01.jpg (56KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
60040299067_PathtoGloryENG01.jpg
56KB, 600x620px
Path to Glory - have you tried it? How is it?

My friends and I want to give it a whirl, but summoning seems SUPER unbalanced. Why would you not just summon the most powerful unit possible constantly, spamming them the whole game?

We discussed taking it out, by then the Slann Starmage seems to lose any real worth (one friend plays Lizardmen).

Any helpful tips? Maybe summon battleline only?
>>
>>55350975
One Anon had an idea, I think it went something along the line of this; If you have for example 4 units that can be summoned in, you can either choose to place it on the board or in a summoning reserve, once the reserve is empty, then it's empty no more summoning
>>
>>55351014

Oh, so you are saying they have to summon them from your actual warband?
>>
>>55344278

I run Flesh hounds as Salamanders, after scraping off the khorne symbols, and no-one has even noticed.

Sure, they're still shit models but they're a hell of a lot cheaper, $60 for 5 and use whatever random skinks as handlers.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Chaos-Daemons-Flesh-Hounds-of-Khorne
>>
>>55350975
I want that cover art so bad, anyone know if it's available independently somewhere?
>>
>>55351039
In short, yes
>>
>>55351078

So essentially use the summoning rules from Matched Play.

Why didn't GW just go ahead and keep it the same then?

Why can't they fix summoning?
>>
>>55347921
>a
>fucking
>rock
>>
>>55347910
>- Falmorus Welkintread, artillery observer that died delaying a pack of fleshhounds threatening to overrun a key defensive position at Phoenicium

Based on a true story from a game?
>>
>>55349728
I find best to run a mix of gods (primarily khorne and tzeentch as unfluffy as it may be, teleporting khorne knights charging on 5s and tzeentch warriors with 3+ rerolling saves are some of my most used combos)
>>
>>55350589
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13914802
No, but Slaves can't ally them. Though i suppose you can summon them so it doesn't really matter.
>>
What the hell is number 1 in the unresolved rumour engines? I swear it's been like a year since they showed that one
>>
>>55351377
you sure it isn't steam punk dwarf related? it looks like steam punk dwarves.
>>
>>55351237
It's hard to recommend Slaanesh because he's the fourth wheel, and GW doesn't like him/her a lot.

It's hard to recommend Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, since they all have their own, updated, newer faction of humans: for example it would feel weird to have a legion of Chaos Warriors dedicated to Nurgle, who aren't Blight Kings.

Slaves to Darkness are now the posterboys for Chaos Undivided though, there is no better/newer army for Undivided without Archaon.
>>
>>55351501
>Slaves to Darkness are now the posterboys for Chaos Undivided though

I duno man, I think slaves to darkness is the category created for all the old leftover chaos stuff that is being slowly replaced by factions specific to each god.
>>
>>55351534

This is sadly what is actually happening
>>
I really want Horticulous Slimux, but I don't want to pay £95 for him and a shitload of stuff I don't want.
>>
>>55350521
Oh please yes. It's clearly a peacock feather. Either it's some dumb aelf shit (not gonna happen) or it's a wonderfully moustached free peoples character.
>>
>>55351534
They show every time Archaon does and by having their allegiance abilities in the GHB it's basically confirmed they will eventualy get their own battletome.
>>
>>55351575
Ebay the rest?
>>
>>55351579
New slaanesh aesthetic perhaps?
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
>>55351579
>not gonna happen

its inevitable.
>>
kinda wanna get that skaven start collecting kit. is it worth it? AoS seems kinda weird to me because the only skaven product I can find for it is the starter kit. I know the old WHFB models are still valid but its not like you can find those for sale commonly anymore
>>
File: aos-warscroll-mourngul.pdf (791KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-mourngul.pdf
791KB, 1x1px
>>55347875
Spiderfag from before, just woke up. They are. But as I mentioned, the new GHB actually made some of their units capable of being played! Which is pretty fucking retarded that it took this long, but now they have an alternate form of summoning and a work-around for the Black Coach since they previously could do neither since the army lacks any Wizards.

And as I mentioned, a friend of mine plays them. And he plays double Mourngul. You will crack open people's skulls and drink their tears if do you this. Play with the first one deployed, then "summon" in the second.

>>55347914
And yeah, I can only imagine that Death will have to get a bone thrown their way sooner or later.

>>55348385
I do love those bastards, and I think the use of Privateers will help you out a bit. As is, playing Darkling Coven is basically designed to put you in black eyeliner, crying about the savagery of the world. They're kinda shit. They aren't worthless, but they aren't that good.

>>55348400
Sisters of Slaughter, my friend. Sisters of Slaughter.

>>55350647
I'm well aware, I've been making repeated mention of that. The loss of it and the battalion basically crippled the army.
>>
File: Shadespire-Factions-Image1jrcn.jpg (315KB, 1000x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Shadespire-Factions-Image1jrcn.jpg
315KB, 1000x1375px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/the-factions-of-shadespire-sneak-peekgw-homepage-post-3/

>While the four grand alliances are already represented, that certainly isn’t everyone; here’s a sneak peek through the Shadeglass at who else we might expect to meet in the eternal arenas of the Shadespire.

We now have to put with Skaven posting for a few months until they release a Skaven warband
>>
>>55351856
>art of who's to come

Oh boy even more Stormcast
>>
File: IMG_1767.jpg (443KB, 1159x1548px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1767.jpg
443KB, 1159x1548px
Starting Path to Glory campaign next month with lizards. Any advice on what champion to take?

I know how amazing a Slann is but starting with only 2 points for followers seems like so little.
>>
>>55352025
>2 Stormcast, 2 Khorne Bloodhound, no Aelves, Lizard, Grot, Tree Aleves, or anything else really.

Nigga for real, more easy to build Blood Warrior kit..
>>
>>55351856

I will piss myself with laughter every day if they release 2 SCE warbands before other factions.
>>
>>55347627
From the basic lore I've seen, since all the gods are so active, it's harder for me to imagine these places as actual places and not just chess pieces, you know?
>>
>>55352230
That'd explained the Lion cape and the Lion crest rumour.
>>
>>55350521
Given the scroll next to it, I think it's a quill.
>>
>>55352168
>take slann
> single skink starpriest
>give slaan warlord trait for +1 to casts
>summon balewind
>summon astrolith
>summon engine of the gods on 6+ on 2d6 up to 38" away
>summon 3 bastilladons a turn on 5+ on 2d6 for the rest of time
>>
File: NurgleWarband.pdf (4KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
NurgleWarband.pdf
4KB, 1x1px
Anyone want to rate my list/give me some guidance on my 1,000 point list?
>>
>>55352268
>AoS
>lore
>>
>>55352365

This is why summoning and Path to Glory is so broken
>>
>>55352388
Looks solid to me
>>
>>55352365
I .... don't have that many Bastiladons ....

Good point on summoning tho
>>
Can any one recommend a good AOS podcast one where they are not GW ball lickers and actually do critical podcast aka what's shit and what's good. Not just what ever GW does is good.
>>
>>55352489
>not having 12 bastilladons
Its lime you dont lime winning
>>
>>55351377
Number 4 wasn't a Blood bowl Skaven? It has to be a shapespire Eshin skaven

9 Looks like 40k Ork shoota (Plastic warbuggy confirmed?), and i'm gonna say 2 is the base of some kind of Tyranid or stealer

11 looks elfy, and i'm gonna say 8 has to be Stormcast
>>
>>55350186
You can mix StD and Daemons of Slaanesh without losing allegiance as long as the StD are marked, right? What would happen if you had a KoS and a boobsnake lord both use their command abilities on a unit of hellstriders?
>>
>>55353120

Hellstriders would rape things to death.

Literally.
>>
>>55351377
Some of those might be for Necromunda.
>>
File: 20170912_192657.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170912_192657.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Any ideas what can I put on the 50mm square base to fill the unit nicely?

I bought four packs of snap-fit orruks for painting practise and to use them as NPC enemies in skirmish games. I made a simple movement tray because it makes them easier to storage but I'm not sure what should I put on these four 25mm bases circled in red. I'm thinking about gluing them together to put some kind of totem on them but maybe there is some nice old model that would fit them? Something that is cheap and not hard to find
>>
How are beastmen doing in AoS? Are they still a thing or are they going the way of Brettonia and Tomb Kings?

I love their aesthetics but don't want to invest in an army of them if GW aren't going to support them.
>>
>>55353999
GW just released some allegiance rules for brayherds (the normal beastmen) which brings them back to their 6th ed ambushing bastard roots.
I don't think they're top tier competitive though, but should be fine in more normal games.
>>
>>55351377
Number 1 is the KO bombs attached to their ships

Number 4 is bloodbowl Skaven

I think 9 is necromunda
>>
>>55353897
A troll, you can get a reaper minis bones cave troll for like $5
>>
When is the next army going to get released and what is it going to be?

Hasn't it been like 4-5 months since we had an army release?

All the current shit is boring as fuck to me and I am waiting for something be interesting.
>>
>>55354047
What do you think are the chances of a brayherd battletome in the future?
>>
>>55352230

You are going to piss a lot
>>
>>55350521

FREE GUILD CONFIRMED BABY!!!

>it's just a single hero for the 2018 hero release
>>
>>55354106
Not too high, at least not the next year or so.

I mean they'll probably give them one eventually. But I doubt any army that got allegiance abilities in general's handbook 2017 will have a new tome for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>55352230
Gotta have a shadespire faction for every kind of stormcast, paladin strike team, vanguard infiltration unit, liberator cuckshamers, the list goes on
>>
>>55354106
very very low
>>
>>55354106
They already have allegiance abilities so I think we will see no brayherd battletome at all
>>
>>55354106

Basically non-existent
>>
>>55354106
Wouldn't a brayherd battletome be a massive flavor fail by virtue of existing?
>>
>>55347858
How'd you make those? Stormvermin and plague claw heads?
>>
File: Stormcast Marble (2).jpg (194KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Stormcast Marble (2).jpg
194KB, 1200x1600px
So, I've been looking for some examples on painted marble and found this single SCE painted pretty much like I've planed to paint mine

For the sole exception to I would paint the marble more grey-ish, and use purple instead of red as a contrast

What do you think?

Sauce here http://hagenpinxit.blogspot.com.es/2017/01/the-luminarchate-of-hysh.html
>>
File: 1433979463959.gif (5MB, 455x356px) Image search: [Google]
1433979463959.gif
5MB, 455x356px
Can't find Spire of Dawn on the GW store.
>>
>>55354306
Goddamn, that's gorgeous. Though my preference is white marble with blue veins and clouds. That mostly just comes from having seen an ALEPH army for Infinity painted up like that so that his Greek cyborgs and androids looked like walking Greek statues.

>>55354106
A Brayherd battletome? 100% will never happen. I might could see them eventually coming back to do a Beasts of Chaos book, but even that's kinda iffy.
>>
>>55350521
The new stormcast eternal phoenixes are looking sweet
>>
File: pack.png (291KB, 497x289px) Image search: [Google]
pack.png
291KB, 497x289px
Would you be okay with playing against a packmaster with a wolf rat modeled like this? I know that there is another version of packmaster model that actually has a wolf rat included but I have a spare giant rat so I thought it would be nice to benefit from packmaster's ability
>>
Man, I really wish they'd given the Doomfire warlocks the same bone that a lot of units seem to have gotten that allows them to slip into ally slots more easily. Even still, I wonder if 10 Doomfire Warlocks might be able to help a Darkling Coven list shine a little brighter. I also just really fucking love Doomfire Warlocks. If only they'd swapped the bastards over to the Coven list, then you could even use Lethal Coordination to buffer out that spell.
>>
>>55354590
There is no way to use them that isn't suicide because they cost way too many points.
>>
>>55354434

Elves discontinued, nothing of value lost.
>>
>>55349615
Real nice paint work, anon.
>>
>>55354620
Yeah, I figured. If they'd managed to get a snip on the price like Sisters of Slaughter even get -- just 80 points on that final notch -- they could really be a fun unit to use.

On the topic of Darkling Coven... Master of the Sorcerous Arts gives you the ability to have your general if not a Wizard cast and unbind like a Sorceress. Am I missing something, because there's no other possible General for them aside from a Sorceress.
>>
>>55354508
>ALEPH army for Infinity painted up like that so that his Greek cyborgs and androids looked like walking Greek statues.

Shit, that sounds awesome!
>>
>>55354078
1 Isn't a ship bomb (it is to small), and 4 isn't any existing bloodbowl model.
>>
Did the GHB make Wanderers any more viable?
>>
>>55354758
Well they have artifacts, and warlord traits. So i guess its better than a shit sandwich
>>
>>55347802
when did you switch to round bases?
>>
File: 1504798357269.png (3MB, 1809x849px) Image search: [Google]
1504798357269.png
3MB, 1809x849px
>>55354434
>>55354623

I've already given up all hope of seeing a codex for the legacy elf units.

Looking forward to something new and original based on the existing AOS fluff for the realms of light and shadow with Malekith, Morathi, Tyrion and Teclis.
>>
>>55354101
>fantasy copy of Eldar and Dark Eldars armor
>interesting
pick one
>>
>>55354949
I don't care about that shit. I just want the models from Spire of Dawn.
>>
Bought some ungors, saw they came with bows. No rules for their bows. Am I missing something?
>>
>>55355060
If you build them with bows they become Ungor Raiders
>>
>>55354434
Still there for me.
>>
How do Dwarfs hold up at around 1000 points? I bought a skull pass box and the old army box as well a gyro copter and a flame cannon for WHFB and never got around to building them.
>>
>>55354981
not my fault you have absolute shit taste
>>
>>55354149
>>55354180
>>55354193
>>55354508
>>55354132
Grim stuff lads. Beastmen are the only faction that are making me want to play AoS.
>>
>>55355441
Battletome is nothing amazing tho. Non-Pestilens Skaven were doing very well until GHB17 with no battletome. Battletome gives you few pages of lore, few battalions, allegiance abilities and that's all. So if you want to play Brayherd you are fine with no battletome - you already have a huge-ass battalion and allegiance abilities. I really hope that GW will release the new Grand Allegiances books with new battalions for such factions as wanderers, nighthaunt and brayherd
>>
>>55355510
How well supported/important are formation warscrolls for non-battletome armies? I can only find one for beastmen and I've heard there's another one for Warherd but I can't for the life of me find where it's from.
>>
>>55351856
Saw this article and decided to come here.

So what's Shadespire supposed to be, some sort of skirmish alternative version of the rules? (if so what's that skirmish link in the OP?)
>>
>>55354949
>Tyrion, God of Light
>0 to Hit when more than 6" away from Teclis
>>
>>55355701
It's a card-based tactical board game, more akin to X-Wing than a Skirmish game. And that Skirmish game is the half-based skirmish variant for AoS.
>>
>>55354940
Couple of months back. The whining about the square bases here got too annoying.

>>55351173
Yes. All of them are based on events the various human armies experienced during last year's summer campaign.
>>
>>55355368
Old Dwarfs, not so well since they do not have allegiance bonuses, and a lot of what you play against will.

Dwarfs that got kept on are fine, but you wont be using Miners and Flame Cannons anymore.

Nothing stopping you from using them as something else though. Miners actually make nice looking Great weapon Longbeards/Warriors.
>>
>>55355811
Dispossessed got allegiances bonuses in the last GHB, or am I missing something? Sure, a lot of the units for pulled, but they are still there.
>>
Why do people dislike aelves?
>>
>>55354758
Yes, their armies traits are kinda neat (ability to run away from combat at still shoot, and the ability to teleport from one part of a board edge to another), and their leader traits and artefacts can be fun.

You can turn the Waywatcher into a machinegun-elf now, that is threatening to both hoards (which you will be seeing more of now) and characters.
>>
>>55355860
>Why do people like/dislike [XYZ Faction]?
>Why do people have different opinions?

I like Aelves but I understand why people don't like them.
>>
>>55355874
So a buff to a high B-tier list due to their ability to exploit their maneuverability?
>>
>>55355858
Compendium units (Flame Cannon, Miners) lost the dispossessed keyword, so that means if you take them, you can only use the Order allegiance, which isn't very good.
>>
>>55355906
More or less. They have other annoying tricks as well.

Like, a command trait that makes it impossible to target the hero unless they are the closest target, or a one use artefact that basically lets you make an enemy hero unable to attack for a turn when you are in combat.
Needless to say, they are both popular choices.
>>
>>55355956
Huh. I definitely figured that command trait was practically an auto-include, but I would have expected someone at least using the artifact that lets you warp in from different board edges within a large distance.
>>
>>55355987
There are a lot of different things you can do, depending on taste.

As I said, machinegun-elf.
Give a Waywatcher the trait that adds +1 to ranged hits, and the Bow that lets him do either a mortal wound, or D3 mortal wounds (depending on if he rolls a 2+ or 6).
The Waywatcher has a natural +1 to hit if he didn't move.

So, on rapid fire he has 6 shots that hit on 2s, wound on 3s and have -1 rend. Due to both hit buffs, he gets another shot every time he rolls a 4 to hit. 12 shots if you are absurdly lucky, 9 on average.

If you decide to use the other style of fire, then you instead have 3 shots that hit on 2s, wound on 3s, have -1 rend and do 2 damage each, and they each get -2 rend instead on rolls of 4 to hit.

In either case, his bow then lets him do a mortal wound on top of it all.

If you let your Glade Guards rend arrows target some enemy hoards at the first chance, you can have this guy either focus down their supporting heroes, then take over the hoard clearing duty.
>>
Ya this sounds amazing. I'm debating on wanderers or darkling coven. I picked up an isle of blood which is neither of those, but I can convert a few of these fuckers to something
>>
>>55355860

We don't, we dislike elfposters insisting that GW continue to produce out of date High Elf aesthetics just to satisfy their autism.

I can't wait to see what direction AoS takes Aelves, as long as it isn't High Elves.
>>
>>55354306
Gorgeous!
But maybe I'd make the golden parts stoney as well
>>
Anyone else disappointed at the battletomes?

I want more artifacts and magic, different warlord traits and strategies. Not a 2 page spread of allegiance bonuses

The tzeentch one was a good step
>>
>>55356283
>insisting that GW continue to produce out of date High Elf aesthetics just to satisfy their autism

literally no one says this but it does make a nice straw-man for you to rail against.
>>
>>55356343
I'll leave at least some parts golden for contrast and opulency, but 100% sure not as many as normally for other SCE colour schemes

I'm looking all the models, and I'm going to have a hard time for some of them deciding what to pint gold and what marble

I'll see
>>
>>55356364
I'm more disappointed that they couldn't be assed to do more of them for more factions, and take the opportunity to turn Compendium battalions into current ones. The way it stands, there's really no reason to consider playing Privateers or Spiderfangs or any of those that simply were left behind with the general Allegiance abilities for the Big Four. Excluding maybe Bonerattle since they do just fine with Deathless Minions.

>>55356103
I suppose I see what you mean. Is the 20'' bonus for the Waywatcher also something people pick that works out well? The concept of a 42'' Waywatcher just seems hilarious.

Also, is it even really possible to run the Waystone Pathfinders anymore? Realm Wanderers is more or less irrelevant now thanks to the Battle Trait of the same name, but Protective Volley just seems hilariously good. Pity to lose it.
>>
>>55356364
>sce battletome has many different options
>disciples has many different options
>kharadron has many different options
>blades has many different options
What the fuck are you talking about? All recent battletomes had a huge number of traints, abilities and relics.
>>
>>55356571
He's talking about the baby tomes in the form of Allegiance abilities in the GHB. Context clues, you ninny.
>>
>>55355701
>>55355778
It's got the "haunted city" and a resource everyone is fighting over, I just really hope this isn't all they're gonna do as a Mordheim re-release. The proper Necromunda post-SW:A has me hopeful but the parallels are worrying
>>
>>55356604
and the old world is dead...
>>
>>55356568
Agreed. I want them to hunker down and release battletomes. Even if they did 4 huge books for armies not getting unique tomes

>100-150 page book
>gives full allegiance abilities lores of magic, etc for all non battlelome armies in it alliance (so order death etc)
>60$ USD each
>includes battalions and generic lores of magic for wizards to roll on

I'd buy all 4 and I only play chaos
>>
>>55356590
Those are not battletomes, you twit. Not even baby ones.
>>
File: alfrostun.jpg (237KB, 800x1072px) Image search: [Google]
alfrostun.jpg
237KB, 800x1072px
Today's Beastclaw Raider's Trivia:

The Alfrostun battalion has a minimum point cost of 4,950.

If you maxed out the options, it comes in at 20,050 points - darn, just barely too expensive for a nice, quick 20k matched play game.

What are some other completely absurd wastes of battletome pages - I mean fluffy army battalions from your guys' armies?
>>
File: 60010799002_WHQSilverTowerENG07.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
60010799002_WHQSilverTowerENG07.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
So what do we think of these guys, stupid or not?

Would you be fine if GW made these the standard gobbos for spider-armies? Would you be okay with more spider+goblin mixes like these?
>>
>>55356720
Just pointing you in the right direction, you dunce, to correct for Anon's ignorance. And they are the very skeletal core of a battletome, offering up unique artifacts, battle traits, and command traits for various armies while some even include new battalions.

>>55356824
As a Spiderfag player, I find them pretty fucking stupid. Some of the only models out of the Silver Tower set that I don't like. And there's really no point for them in a Spiderfang group either because if those are standard gobbos, then why are regular grots riding the various spiders? I'd be more okay with something a little more elite, little larger, but those things are just abominations.

>>55356604
Just play Hinterlands.
>>
So I have a problem with constantly re-doing models. I'll paint some models up, and after getting better, I'll see my old models, hate them, strip them and repaint them again.

I've never had a fully painted army because of this fact, anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>55357073
I like re-painting old models I painted around 7 yeras ago or more, because I've improved greatly

But never really had your problem
In part because I have fear of putting too much total paint on them and ruining the details (because I just paint on top of the old finished)
>>
File: Photo 12-09-2017, 22 36 13.jpg (1MB, 961x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 12-09-2017, 22 36 13.jpg
1MB, 961x1265px
[rattling intensifies]
>>
>>55357196
Nice shield
>>
>>55356722

Pretty much every battletome has one or more of these useless mega-battallions
>>
>>55354233
Stormvermin + Doomwheel Driver heads. Stormvermin and clan rats are a drastically different size. Doomwheel heads are in scale with stormvermin, plagueclaw heads are in scale with clanrats.
>>
>>55357181

I strip my models of paint before repainting them, so messing up details isn't really a worry of mine.

I just learned how to do skin better, and now that I look at my old models, I hate the way they look since I didn't know how to do skin then. So I'm currently stripping 10 marauders and some blood warriors so they don't bother me anymore
>>
>>55356568
>I suppose I see what you mean. Is the 20'' bonus for the Waywatcher also something people pick that works out well? The concept of a 42'' Waywatcher just seems hilarious.

It is only 10 inches, so it will put him up to 32".
I personally don't see that as all that useful. Seems a bit more useful on the Wayfinder/strider (whichever one gets the Hail of Doom Arrow) if you ask me, since it lets them use it earlier.

Only thing I see it being potentially useful on a Waywatcher for is sniping war machine crews, but since he can just teleport along the board edge, it isn't going to be difficult for him to get in range, really.
>>
>>55355792
And I remember how praise you received for the squares initially. It's quite ironic
>>
File: 1505226684213.jpg (76KB, 679x597px) Image search: [Google]
1505226684213.jpg
76KB, 679x597px
>>55351377
Which box sets are this models from?
>>
>>55357376
Well if that's just a kind of "quirk" you have, you can't really do nothing against it

But seems to be pretty annoying

I actually like to leave some of them as they were used to be, usually the least important ones (for example a few dwarf warriors) just for being able to tell how much I've improved
>>
>>55357403
Ah, fair point. Completely misread that as 20.
>>
>>55357448
The ones they will release along with "Shadespire"
>>
>>55357448
shadespire dood, their not out yet.
>>
Does anyone know where to find this pic with a better resolution?
>>
>>55357522
>>55357534
Thanks. I didn't even know this game was coming to existence.
>>
Anyone have the blades of khorne pdf?
>>
>>55357773
Yes
>>
File: extremis-5.jpg (264KB, 1282x763px) Image search: [Google]
extremis-5.jpg
264KB, 1282x763px
>>55357595
Found it myself, I'll post it for whom may be interested
>>
>>55351853

Didn't the Mournhoul just take a huge hit? Also, I have always hated needing forgeworld to be playable. It has nothing to do with "FW is opppppp!!!!" though I have to deal with those people, and more to do with the hassle of ordering it because I can't get it through my store. Always try to buy what I can from my LGS because they're letting us play for free, and I've been through too many shops closing already.

However, I really do like the ghosties a lot, and unlike spiders, I can ally in a mage to summon other things, even if they don't get the death rules.

As for DoK, yea... I wasn't going to being them up, but I looked at them first because my Deldar are more of a wych cult. The box is $100 for 2 units AND ITS $25 CHEAPER THAN BUYING THEM SEPARATE! What the actual fuck GW?
>>
>>55357448
OI! IF I REMOVE DA MASK YOU'LL DIE?
>>
File: Thegang.jpg (108KB, 980x504px) Image search: [Google]
Thegang.jpg
108KB, 980x504px
So, now that way watchers aren't a thing anymore. What should these count as?
>>
>>55357932
Sisters of the Watch, obviously. Both are about firepower and striking from a position of strength.
>>
>>55357833
guhh...they look exactly the fucking same.
Who would play this abomination of a game?
This isn't about tolkien or middle earth style battles with orcs and goblins, its some copyrightable bullshit supreme god whatzisface and his million godling army riding space cats.

Its fucked. I hope gw's shares suffer for killing fantasy. I was only playing 40k because fantasy existed, giving my anachro-knights some good bits for kibashing.

This shit has NOTHING I could want to convert to 'black templars' for instance.
>>
File: 1469071183705.jpg (82KB, 425x597px) Image search: [Google]
1469071183705.jpg
82KB, 425x597px
>>55358078
>>
>>55358078
What do you mean, they look exactly the same? One has a white plume, one has a black plume. Completely different Sigmarine Extremis Chamber markings.
>>
>>55358078
Do I need to tell you guys this is a bait, or yall good?
>>
Ok /tg/ - What do you guys think of this Changehost/Skyshaol list?

Essentially it's supposed to do lots of mortal wounds, get units on objectives fast and be able to hold them. Also it's 3 drop which I don't know if that's good any more.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Changeling (140)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch

Units
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Changehost (160)
Skyshoal Coven (130)

Total: 1970/2000
>>
>>55358022
Except SotW don't have swords and shit.
>>
>>55351377
9 looks like an ork shotgun
>>
>>55357792
Do you have a link to it?
>>
I was thinking of doing an all grot list /tg/

any thoughts on this list?

Allegiance: Destruction
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Grot Warboss (120)
- General
- Moon Prodder & Giant Cave Squig
- Trait: Wild Fury
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
60 x Moonclan Grots (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
40 x Moonclan Grots (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)
Colossal Squig (300)
Colossal Squig (300)

Total: 2000/2000

If I didnt wanna do FW models, my plan was to run two mangler squigs and add something else for the 120 points I have.
>>
>>55356568
Having the Nomad Prince with Myst Walker would give Wanderers some real mid-game punch with Waystone Pathfinders.
>>
File: mounts.png (34KB, 199x204px) Image search: [Google]
mounts.png
34KB, 199x204px
>>55358567
>Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
>- Artefact: Battle Brew
>>
>>55358714
Ah, I forgot about this. How about then the protective charm against mortal wounds or the get +1 to hit for a unit within 12" then since both affect the model as a whole and battlebrew affects the "Hero".
>>
>>55357448
Fuck dude do a reverse image search before you ask dumb questions.
>>
Are battalions a must have in comp. play?
>>
>>55348936
>Mungus Heavythrust

Pls
>>
File: IMG_3042.jpg (52KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3042.jpg
52KB, 500x377px
In your opinion, what models do you find look the best? They can be both FW and GW both
>>
File: 20170912_161853.jpg (930KB, 2975x1748px) Image search: [Google]
20170912_161853.jpg
930KB, 2975x1748px
>>55343859
I'm thinking about objective markers for skirmish
>>
>>55356283
I was thinking with the isle of blood still being produced and all sea themed maybe they would make them sea elves. Pretty much everything they have left is boat or sea themed.
>>
>>55359103
My guess is it depends on the battallion.
I'm sure there are good combos with no battallion attached, the requirements are sometimes ludicrous and the rewards mediocre.
>>
>>55359103
some are busted, some are useless, so depending on your strat, yes and no
>>
>>55351856
>2 Order factions (Stormcasts and Fyreslayers)
>2 Chaos factions (Khorne and Skaven)
>1 Destruction faction (Ironjawz)
>1 Death faction (Deathrattle)

Ok.
>>
>>55360527
>game set in Death city
>not even the main focus or making a point about how Stormcast are at least out of their element because it's deaths realm
>LOL NOPE JUST HAVE EM FIGHT KHORNE
>>
>>55358714
Fuck me gay, that's both retarded and a major pain in the dick for all Spiderfang players. Was that always in there, or did they sneak it in during the most recent GHB? That's the first I've ever seen of it.

>>55358819
I dunno how it'd really interact with it all, but I'd consider the Hammerblade if your local group allows it. Technically, it's the howdah's melee weapon that you are sacrificing, but it also isn't the "powerful monster that they can ride." It's skirting the line, but would then allow you to make a big boom around the big spider.

>>55359103
Depends on the battalion and the faction. Especially with the jacked up points cost, weaker ones are no longer worth it while really competitive ones are still killer. That second artifact can also really help.
>>
>>55354434
which country are you in? I asked my store manager today, and he has no idea.

Shadespire sold out once, which is why they now come in white boxes, GW doesn't bother making the box anymore (same with minotaurs and a lot of webstore exclusive stuff).

Officially it's not a range item (meaning continual restocks for the foreseeable future) and it's not last change to buy (doom hourglass which means the thing in question is fucked)

Unofficially it's strange as heck to see GW re-release an old starter set, like imagine if we got battle for skull pass again, it would be pandemonium.

We're also seeing a select few countries no longer carry it which possibly means it's gone forever for those countries. Ask the GW facebook page for more details, they might know more, or at least be able to pop over to the product department and ask them what's up.

I'm certain that spiredawn is the only way to get spireguard anyways, guess seaguard are almost dead, confirmed tomb kings tier squatted
>>
>>55354656
gw didn't even read their rules before printing the book honestly

the allies sections are a mess, the sub-factions have shit like warherds which can't function with their four units
>>
>>55354733
I've seen the bit in person, it's a KO ship bomb dude

the pic is in the battletome not the webstore
>>
>>55348593
>Also a shame that we don't have any warmachines anymore, which would *really* help anchor our lines.

The stormcast stole them all, since the stormcast can take them as allies
>>
What traits and artefacts go well with a lord-celestant on dracoth, I've got him with a tempestos hammer and thundershield for cover-save-cheese
>>
>>55360655
>Fuck me gay, that's both retarded and a major pain in the dick for all Spiderfang players. Was that always in there, or did they sneak it in during the most recent GHB? That's the first I've ever seen of it.
it's in GHB2017

they even FAQ'd it because they typo'd it in the book
>>
>>55360655
>Depends on the battalion and the faction. Especially with the jacked up points cost, weaker ones are no longer worth it while really competitive ones are still killer. That second artifact can also really help.

You only pay points costs to use the battalion abilities, the relics are free so long as you fill out battalions
>>
>>55359328
the starter set looks great imo, but shadespire looks best
>>
>>55361346
Oh, really? That's delicious news.

>>55361329
Gotcha, so it's new.
>>
Anyone run mainly brown/orange/yellow blightkings and have pics to share?
>>
Can you run multiples of the same battalion?
>>
>>55361308
i like to play defensively

i give my general mirrorshield and staunch defender
>>
>>55361425
how about these?
>>
>>55362019
yes
>>
How big should Glade guard units be? Better to keep them small or go for the size bonus? I've got about 80 to play with.
>>
>>55362066
I like that idea, what if they don't have missile weapons though
>>
>>55362682
What kind of scrub tier army doesn't have any shooting?
>>
>>55362698
literally all of death, khorne, some stormcast
>>
>>55362680
I'd mix it up. The unit bonus is pretty good for getting the full value of their arcane bodkins so you definitely want at least one blob. Having some smaller units to hop around the board edges as harassers or last minute objective grabbers is useful too.
>>
>>55354125
Acknowledgement is all i need bby
>>
>>55362900

So maybe go 30 20 10 10 you think? I might have to get some of both Sisters units to back up my dudes now that my winged units have been clipped. Personally, I've never been a fan of Eternal Guard because they just never had the feel of Wood Elves, so as solid as they are now, idk that I'll be picking them up.
>>
>>55358258
Anyone? :(
>>
>>55363779
>So maybe go 30 20 10 10 you think?
Yeah, that sounds good.
>Personally, I've never been a fan of Eternal Guard because they just never had the feel of Wood Elves, so as solid as they are now, idk that I'll be picking them up.
Yeah I get that. Wanting to stand still doesn't mesh well with the army theme. How about Wildwood Rangers or Wild Riders?
>>
>>55363951
It's funny you mentioned wild riders because I converted all of my Glade riders into wild riders from my 2 battalion boxes, and I have no idea what happened to them. They're just gone. I have my now useless Warhawks, my Dryads, my converted treekin, and everything else, except my wild riders. I'm kind of miffed about that. I might, though I'll be making Thorns first from that kit.

Rangers are neat. I forgot about them. They murder big things dead, right? Maybe at some point I'll grab that box of EG/Rangers that have been sitting on my LGS shelf for ages.

Also, Waywatcher Lord. Do I go for the Myst Walker or do I do the machine gun with the -1 hit artefact?
>>
Torn between running Saurus Guard or a ton of Knights and Carnosaurs.
>>
>>55364015
Personally I don't think Myst Walker is very valuable on a Waywatcher given his innate defense against shooting.
> machine gun with the -1 hit artefact
Is the most effective setup imo.
>>
File: Wanderers2kBatt.pdf (4KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wanderers2kBatt.pdf
4KB, 1x1px
>>55364154

That's what I was thinking, yea.
Also, here's what I'm thinking. I'd just need the 2 units of Thorns.
>>
>>55362155
How did you do the green armor Anon?
>>
>>55364161
If I'm not mistaken I think you're two heroes short of the requirements for the battalion.
>>
How do you get more seaguard? Ebay?
>>
>>55364239

Shit. You're right. I forgot that bat needs ALL OF THE HEROES. I'll just drop the 20 blob of GG and add in. Wayfinder and maybe another Waywatcher. I'll have to double check which I have.
>>
>>55364217
from memory i think it was just caliban green sponged with a yellow like flash gitz
>>
File: Wanderer2kBatFixed.pdf (5KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wanderer2kBatFixed.pdf
5KB, 1x1px
>>55364239

Alright. Here's the updated list that should be legal. I went through my stuff and remembered that I have exactly 3 metal Waywatchers and the rest were converted. I used the metal watchers as HQs, so I have 3 Waywarcher characters I can bring. Obviously I'm not, though I was tempted.
>>
>>55362155
Those look great, anon. One thing, does it bother you that one of the bases is slightly different than the others?
>>
File: IMG_9865.jpg (225KB, 907x2017px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9865.jpg
225KB, 907x2017px
So, tweaking this idea. Not sure if a Priest or Starpriest would be better.
>>
>>55364504
thanks. it bothers me more now i've rebased my entire nurgle army onto swampy bases except these guys now. i might rebase them if i get another squad.
>>
File: FluffyStormcast.pdf (5KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FluffyStormcast.pdf
5KB, 1x1px
how's my list?
>>
>>55364438
Looks good.
>3 Waywatchers
That sounds like it would be hilarious to field.
>>
>>55364595
You know, it really does. I think I might do it for shits and giggles. I have the points to spare. Oh! Don't I get a second artifact for the battalion? Isn't that how that works? Give the Prince a falcon for the extra slap in the face for getting too close?
>>
does anyone have tips for converting IoB (SoD) clanrats to holding spears?
>>
>>55362155
Neat, but the armor plating looks like babby's first airbrush attempt- one bright dollop of paint in center to make it pop and that's it.
>>
File: TzeVsKhn.png (1MB, 657x801px) Image search: [Google]
TzeVsKhn.png
1MB, 657x801px
Ok /tg/

Blades of Khorne vs Fatesworn

Both armies (though we can say there's definitely room for a huge variance) are YOUR idea of the lists as they would be built in the current meta.

Who wins and by what ratio. e.g. 60/40 Tzeentch
>>
>>55364627
Buy Spear arms from a bits site.
>>
I'm curious because I saw nothing in the General Handbook or FAQs about it, but can't I pick Daemon as my allegiance and take both Chaos and Seraphon in my army? Or am I misunderstanding how picking a Keyword for your allegiance works?
>>
>>55364620
Yeah you get a second artefact. I totally forgot about that. I'm a big fan of the Starcaster Longbow. An on demand mortal wound is nice, even more so when it might be d3.
>>
>>55365113
Your army has to be made up of the same Grand Alliance.
So no Chaos + Order, Death + Destruction, etc.
>>
>>55365028
Think Fatesworn wins 55/45. A lot depends on whether or not one of the players gets to decide who goes first (both armies having potential for a 1 drop)

Thing is, assuming fatesworn take their runeshields and multiples of 9 formation they can hold their own vs both mortal wounds and regular wounds so even if they get charged they will likely be able to crack back for as much or more damage than was dealt to them. Bloodletters are squishy at the end of the day and I think in attrition they would lose vs the fatesworn version of chaos warriors.
>>
>>55365140
That's true. It's not affected by hit mods, right? It's just a thing that happens on a 2+ in the shooting phase?
>>
>>55365028
Khorne on most battleplans. They can just push so much movement and get on objectives AND charge first turn in many cases
>>
>>55365028
>>55365225
this pretty much tho i'd go 60/40
>>
>>55364055
I'm torn in pretty much the same way. Guard seem pretty good as long as they're not taking mortal wounds, but I haven't tried either in a game yet.
>>
>>55358078
Astral Templars are ripe for converting
>>
>>55365233
Correct
>>
>>55357932
Shadow Warriors for the Swifthawks, objectively the best Aelf army.
>>
>>55365324

My daughter loves dinosaurs so I'm pretty much locked into Knights and Carnosaurs. Not that I mind this of course. Syncs in nicely with the 2 start collecting boxes I'm picking up this week.

I just wish the Cold One sculpts were the same as the Dark Elf ones. They're really showing their age.
>>
>>55358078
OK. No one cares. Here's your (you) baiter.
>>
>>55358301
Who gives a shit? Waywatchers and Sisters of the Watch both have no business in melee, swords or no swords.
My Waywatchers are now Sisters of the Watch, my Warhawk Riders are now the (sadly quite shitty) Wild Riders, Orion is a Spirit of Durthu and my Glade Riders have merged with my mounted Spellsingers to form Sisters of the Thorn, and it all works pretty well.
>>
>>55365398
A Firelance and Bloodclaw set up is something I'm toying with.
>>
>>55365763

Where's Bloodclaw? Can't see it in the Battletome.
>>
>>55365398
Just took a look at the Dark Elf cold ones, those look leagues better than the lizard cold ones. I'm almost tempted to take the dark elf ones and just put lizards on top instead.
>>
>>55365960

Part of it is cost, and part is that it seems the Saurus riders don't fit properly on the DE cold ones without some green stuff work. I've got 10 years experience kitbashing Orks but I have zero skill with green stuff.
>>
>>55361130
>Ask the GW facebook page for more details, they might know more, or at least be able to pop over to the product department and ask them what's up.

Chance of customer service of anything that isn't mom and pop store coming down anywhere to check anything is next to zero. If they're extremely lucky, they might even be in the same building.
>>
File: IMG_9867.jpg (588KB, 1242x1430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9867.jpg
588KB, 1242x1430px
>>55365834
From another book.
>>
>>55366015

Fuck that's pretty damn good. What book can I find that in?
>>
>>55361130
>Got a unit of 20 before the squatting.

Thank fuck for that.
>>
>>55366038
Grand Alliance Order: Battle Pack
>>
>>55366076
>>55361130
They used to sell Spireguard in small 5 man boxes which was amazing. Cuz even with two spire of dawn boxes you're still 3 short since you have 2 command groups.
>>
>>55366134
Command models not being used in the command / bannerman / hornblower role counts as normal minis though right? I know they get the regular attacks unless stated otherwise.
>>
>>55366038
>>55366080
My thought was to give the Firelance, well, lances, and then the other knights swords, though I supposed I could mix in other units instead, like some Warriors or something, but not sure if I should bother, and just go all mounted all the time for fun.
>>
Here you go you lazy fucks
>>55366159
>>55366159
>>55366159
>>55366159
>>
>>55366149
Well, since command is free my groups runs a strict WYSIWG for that. And you're only allowed a single champion per unit. Musicians and Standard Bearers isn't as clear cut but I'd have a problem with someone trying to include more than 1 in a (20 man) unit.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.