[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Unearthed Arcana: Three-Pillar Experience http://media.w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 29

>Unearthed Arcana: Three-Pillar Experience
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>55188180

When you think of all of the homebrew settings you've played in, what ones ( or what details ) stand out to you over the years? What are some of your favorite memories?
>>
>>55197470

I'e only ever played in 2 campaigns, first was cut midway by the dm because he hated his first setting, so he made the second setting.

The first one was a really cool high magic setting, with a mages college that acted as a sort of police state aiming to prevent a second magical catastrophy, it didn't go far or was explored much though, he focused too much on character arcs.

The second setting was this really low magic with a broken empire and a theocracy and not only was it boring, something happened to his encounter building, it went from alright to abyssmal.
>>
What're people's thoughts on creating their own thematic builds using class chassis but with features from other classes?
So you could have a hexblade using the EK core with warlock invocations and spells.
>>
Also, forgot to include subject title. Posting from phone and didn't want thread to expire. Whoops. Fuck.
>>
>>55197547
Don't worry, at least you posted early enough to link it in the previous thread. Unlike me. Fuck.
>>
>>55197532
That sounds like some seriously high level min maxing, and likely to break a lot of balance.
>>
>>55197665

If everyone got to do it, it could be fun.
>>
Hi, 5eg. I'm torn between two warlocks as my next character, and was wondering if I could get your help deciding.

A note: the DM doesn't allow feats, multiclassing or UA that isn't revised ranger on the warlock invocations (and ONLY the invocations), but she does have a few weird rules regarding racial weapon proficiencies that'll be relevant later.

Anyhow, the two warlocks I'm looking at are:

a) A human GOO tomelock who found his patron's necronimicon in the lyceum library he was cloistered away in. Kept being irrestiably drawn to the book, and eventually gave in and tried to read it. Scorched his mind, gave him visions of a horrific being, and when he woke up he was kicked out, homeless, and in the street covered in filth with nothing but the tome. Gonna be an EB turret in combat with utility spells and rituals outside of it. I see him like a magical rogue: do the same thing in combat over and over and be useful outside of it. Pointbuy stats 9/10/10/16/15/16.

b) Mountain dwarf fiend bladelock. Former low-ranking military officer who got stationed in a town besieged by derro, he ended up getting really desperate and summoning up a demon for help. Ended up winning with the pact, but narrowly escaped execution for heresy. Now exiled and works as a mercenary.

Now the weird thing is, the DM's letting me use a maul for him for some reason. Dunno her reasons, but I'm not complaining. I can also use the +1 invocation from UA, so that's nice.

Thoughts? Not really looking for exact build advice, just which one would be preferable in terms of fun to play with/DM for.
>>
File: Switching DM's Mid-Campaign.jpg (57KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Switching DM's Mid-Campaign.jpg
57KB, 500x750px
>>55197470

I'm starting my first Roll20 campaign for friends of mine who live out of state. Any suggestions for tutorials on running games off Roll20? Also, as far as story goes, my players have requested "epic fantasy", "eldritch horror", and "The Underdark" as themes for the campaign. Any ideas on story/enemies?
>>
>>55197872
Shit, forgot that dwarf bladelock would have 14/12/14/12/12/14 for stats at 1.
>>
File: 500px-Spreading_Plague_full.jpg (47KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Spreading_Plague_full.jpg
47KB, 500x406px
Which Druid circle would be best for playing a Druid whose central theme is the unpleasant parts of nature, such as bugs, plague, decay, etc?
Land for turning into massive nasty bugs?
reflavored Twilight for the necrotic damage and death themes?
Shepherd for hordes of creepy crawlies?
>>
>>55197872
>weird thing is, the DM's letting me use a maul for him for some reason

Not at all a "weird" reason, it's RAW that you pick the form of your pact weapon and that you're proficient with it, even if it's not a weapon you'd normally have proficiency in.

Anyway, for your question, what's the rest of your party look like? The tomelock will probably be more effective, strictly speaking, but if you've got a good tank your bladelock could be more fun.
>>
>>55197872
Maybe the DM doesn't realise Mountain dwarf proficiency doesn't include Mauls.
>>
>>55197955
Probably twilight. Don't forget to take Infestation from the starter spells UA
>>
Are European weekend shitposters awake yet?
>>
>>55197527
I think it's inspiring that he got bored with his original vision and found the courage to become the mediocre DM that deep down he always wanted to be.
>>
>>55197875
There's some YouTube series that gives advice, haven't watched it myself but it's an idea
>>
>>55198125
"some" is a tad broad, do you know a particular channel/video that is preferred?
>>
>>55198229
It dealt specifically with Roll20 I'll try and remember/find it
>>
>>55198229
Taking20
>>
>>55198289

Jan! Thank you Jan!
>>
>>55197872
Personally I think bladelocks and fiend warlocks are more interesting to have around than GoO EB turrets, both from a DMing and fellow player standpoint. I also think you have a more interesting backstory for the dwarf.

>>55197875
Roll20 has extensive tutorials on their website, so that should be enough. Just make good use of them, and google things you want to do but can't. I'd start doing this kind of early though, because roll20 is fairly complicated and capable.

With those given themes you could probably one Out Of The Abyss no problem, if you're down with premade modules, as it hits all three requests fairly well.

Otherwise I like Illithids and other Far Realms creatures for my Underdark eldritch stuff, so that's another option.
>>
>>55198472
Are they? Personally I find "I eldritch blast x target" pretty much the same as "I move there and attack x target"
>>
File: 1499616585768.jpg (41KB, 486x465px) Image search: [Google]
1499616585768.jpg
41KB, 486x465px
>>55198042
I am.
>>
At what point do you just have to say fuck it and attack the pc causing problems? I've been trying not to be the fun police but the cannibal necromancer in our party is just being a prick and I'm getting sick of it.
>>
>>55197875
Make a sheet for loot where you can drop off magic items (so you don't have to repeatedly state their effects)
A lot of players seem to prefer line-art maps, in my experience.
Track initiative.
Just make a sheet for each creature type and modify it when a new enemy shows up.
Remember to put different things on their respective layers (the map on the map level, creatures on the objects layer, and your notes on the gm layer).
Fog of war makes things pitch black for the players, so make sure you don't block off a door completely with the fog, otherwise the players might forget that there's a door in the room they're in. I like to make a little V shape that penetrates any doorways the players haven't opened.
>>
>>55198636
Talk with other players first, then collectively approach your DM. In other words, don't look for IC solutions for an OOC problem.
>>
>>55198636
As a fellow player? ('our party')
If OOC dialogue (Hey your character is sort of clashing with the party) and IC dialogue (Yotan! If you do not learn to behave yourself we will have to kick you out.) does not work, you are at least somewhat justified.

My suggestion would be to involve the whole party. When you're in camp, tell the entire party that the cannibal is fucking you all over or whatever he's doing, and that you think he should be exiled from the party. If the other players wont kick him out, they probably enjoy the character and maybe you're the one in the wrong. Maybe make a new character or leave the group, if that is the case.
>>
File: !aH !aH !aH !aH !aH !aH.png (351KB, 1000x389px) Image search: [Google]
!aH !aH !aH !aH !aH !aH.png
351KB, 1000x389px
>>55198636
>cannibal necromancer
You know, using those words together in any context generally means something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.
I think you're probably in the right, but a good start is to get the rest of the party to tell him to tone that shit down so you know it's not just you.
>>
>>55198670
>>55198693
>>55198716
Well that's three for talk with the players. Man I hope they can listen to reason and don't think I'm telling them they're having fun wrong.

Because if I don't talk some sense into them another player who is a-okay with pvp will absolutely attack them and be seen as the bad guy ooc.
>>
If you had to pick between Booming Blade and Greenflame Blade, what would you choose?

Hexblade, for reference.
>>
>>55199147
Greenflame Blade. Its just more damage because its rare for enemies to willingly move away, but it can be situational (such as enemies who may flee, or rogues using cunning action)
>>
>>55197726
>>55197665
Yeah, everyone would get to do it. May even alleviate the problem of 5e feeling to 5 samey for some people.
>>
>>55199174
Too* samey.
>>
>>55199147
Booming blade, it's better for attacks of opportunity.
>>
New to DMing, what's the best way to go about random encounters on the road, is there a guideline written about this or is as simple as write a few different creatures between 1-20 and roll for it?
>>
>>55199260
Table rolling is a meme. Just come up with something of suitable difficulty and let them fight it.
Here's how you do it.
http://kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
>>
>>55199260
look up an encounter generator
use the generator
don't simply follow the dice roll but think again how awesome/awful this could turn out to be
if the result seems ok, go with it. if not, roll again or even regenerate the result list

>>55199268
taking the random out of random. nice idea
>>
>>55199260
Just choose monsters based on the party's setting. Like if they're in a forest there might be some owlbears then if they ever look up there might be some harpies circling above them
>>
Just started dming and I'm loving it. We usually play every other weekend but for the past 6 weeks we haven't played due to people flaking out.
>>
>>55198577
I also just think fiendlocks are more interesting the "dude cthulhu lmao" GoO warlocks.

>>55199260
Don't neglect noncombat travel encounters, a traveling tinker with family or what have you can be an interesting encounter as well.

>>55199360
Unless a shitload of people are flaking out at the same time you should play without them.
>>
File: realnito.jpg (293KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
realnito.jpg
293KB, 800x484px
So I feel like my DM is tired of DMing for us, or his "Players vs the DM" mentality has finally gone over its usual limit.

Recently several players of the party have lost All of their Equipment, all of their trinkets, gear and gold, that is a rough summary of a two year plot.

He hasn't done anything to replace it and pretty much said "fuck you" via NPC Dwarf King who took it.

Basically, the group was lead into a dwarf court room on false charges of murder, we were proved innocent via hard evidence and Zone of Truth, yet the Dwarf King still confiscated all of our goods due to the "transgressions" against his Clan. He told us that if we weren't strong enough to stop false claims against us, then we weren't Honorable and that Nobility has its "perks" when we objected both IC and OOC'ly about LOSING EVERYTHING we worked so hard for. The Wizard lost his familiar, our artificer lost his Mechanical Servant, our Necromancer his flame skull and our Archer his specialized Family Heirloom bow. The fighter was rendered useless, with no weapons or armor, he had an AC of 12 with only his fists to fight. Same with the Cleric, who had no holy symbol (they took that too) to cast spells.

We were then put outside of the stronghold, naked, on our way south to try to find some shelter and then we got attacked by 20 NPC's, fully decked out to deal with out party.

Mind you, we were imprisoned for two months, had exhaustion points, didn't get a chance to rest, no spells, nothing.

One of the players at the table killed themselves when they realized it was hopeless, by plunging a dagger into their own neck. The DM made him ROLL against HIS OWN AC in order to stab himself. Then made him do death Saves until he was dead, when the player, along with several members of my group, clearly wanted the encounter to end.

What the fuck man? We lost roughly 25,000 gold of Gear, items, Trinkets, etc. Were level 6, and we got our asses laid out by fully decked NPC's.

I am fucking pissed.
>>
>after stranding on a shore far-off from civilization game turns into full-blown survival with sharpened rocks and sticks
>>
>>55199555
Your DM does sound like a bit of a cunt, if what you're saying is true.
>>
>>55197955
Circle of the land:Underdark
>>
>>55198112
What a hero.
>>
>>55197872
Without múlticlassing, no one in Tg will ever do you the disservice of recommending a bladelock
>>
>>55199555
>The Wizard lost his familiar,
Uuuh.. That's not possible anon
>>
>>55199894
I read that as Circle of the Landwhale.
>>
>>55200046
You think that's going to matter to his DM?
>>
How bad idea is to take Magic Initiate (Sorcerer) at Paladin for Shield and Firebolt?
>>
>>55200079
Pretty much the worst idea possible.

Just use javelins for ranged and you will have sufficient AC from armour/shield/shield of faith and HP to not need Shield
>>
>>55200051
Eh, same difference.
>>
>>55199555
Learn to DM to spite 'em. Surpass them so this never happens again.
>>
>tfw fell for the sorlock meme too late and it's taking forever to get my invocations
>>
Are there any Player Character Races that are LARGE?
>>
>>55200233
You had it coming for making meme builds instead of playing the game.
>>
>>55200235
No, it's against the design philosophy of 5e. There are races with impressive build race feature, like goliaths, and there are also ways to become a big guy through spells, but that's it.
>>
>>55200235
No
>>
>>55200235
NO. That might interact weirdly with the system. If any race is big, they're Medium with Powerful Build trait (that gives them higher carrying capacity).

>>55200233
What exactly is the issue? I thought the idea was to take Warlockk 2 (to became EB turret) and then rest sorcerer for more options - i don't see how that could be bad. Maybe not the best, but certainly not bad.
>>
>>55200079
As opposed to a dip in Sorcery and using that feat instead for boosting your Charisma?

A pretty crap idea
>>
>>55200271
>Powerful Build trait
OK. Thanks.
Is that in the PHB or monster manual?
>>
>>55200271

Yeah but I went sorcerer for 8 levels first

>>55200287

There's a few in Volo's with that trait
>>
>>55200287
Elemental Evil/Volo's
>>
File: EE-Players-Companion_0.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
EE-Players-Companion_0.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>55200287
Mostly in Volo's and i think Goliaths are in EE also (see attachement). They're typical example how games deal with big races.
>>
>>55200296
>Yeah but I went sorcerer for 8 levels first
I can see how taking levels of warlock at that point might be disappointing. Sorry, Anon.
>>
Want to run an idea passed you boys: How would you feel about a demon's souls style trapped-soul system to handle death? Planning to run Strahd soon (with some Castlevania influences) and was thinking of putting some aspects of Bolataria into Bovaria.

Main ideas so far are: if a player dies and isn't rez'd, their soul is trapped in the Nexus, they can return to Bovaria in soul form (with some penalty, either negative to a stat or loss of max HP similar to demon's souls). Blood magic can return their soul to their body (or a newly formed body) to fix their stats but with a permanent madness. I would have strahd exploit the player's want to return their body, if they are taken as vampire thralls in the usual way their souls are trapped in their body in the usual way. If they leave a dead PC's body the soul can escape and return as above but I'd have the body be captured and turned by strahd to fuck with the party.

Are there any glaring issues with this? The main idea is to build on the trapped-soul concept of Bovaria as well as introduce an aspect to death that's more than put-your-sheet-in-the-bin-and-start-again, which is more of a meta punishment than an in-game I feel. Also as a player I don't like losing characters I'm invested in but maybe others aren't like that and I'm just projecting? Waddya think?
>>
>>55200502
Also madness if you die in soul form, to mimic souls becoming as red phantoms.
>>
>>55200502
This is already a variant rule for Curse of Strahd.

See the Adventure league guidelines. If a player dies, the Dark Powers offer to Ressurect him with a curse

Here's a thread somewhere else that already did something similar

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?517094-Curse-of-Strahd-death-options
>>
Who here is hyped for ToA? The teasers look pretty good.
>>
Playing Warcraft 3 using 5E, got any cool archetypes for Cleric, Fighter and Paladin ?
>>
>>55200683
New Beasts for conjuring polymorphing and wild shaping are pretty hype
>>
>>55200046
The familiar was sealed inside a 5 inch thick Iron box. Our Wizard couldn't dismiss it. Since our DM only allows familairs to be "pocket planed" if they are within reach.

The Wizard could still sense his familiar, but we couldn't get it back.
>>
>>55200728
I bought some of the figure boxes and from all the dinosaurs in there I am getting pretty hype. A good CR range of beasts would really be appreciated, and the Velociraptor will probably be low enough to take as an Animal Companion.
>>
>>55197872
>the DM doesn't allow feats, multiclassing or UA

Why would you play in this game?
>>
>>55200752
You can also just recast the ritual
>>
>>55200754
They've been selling the figure boxes at our FLGS here, are they worth it? Our group doesn't even use battlemaps.
>>
>>55200754
I actually use the Velociraptor stats for the chicken in my Curse of Strahd campaign

It has led to some hilarious developments
>>
>>55200830
L0L SO FYNNY and RanDOM
>>
>>55200806
At the time and with those circumstances I don't believe the Wizard thought about that (I didn't.), nevertheless, we're all dead.

DM looked smug as fuck when he left...
>>
>>55200671
Thanks senpai, I like the look of this.
>>
>>55200825
my group does use battlemaps so for us it is worth it. I buy a box every two weeks or so and we've accumulated quite a collection now.
>>
>>55200869
Just leave the game. Maybe offer to DM to the other players using the same characters (before they had their stuff stolen)
>>
>>55200798
And on the other end of the spectrum we got idiots like me who allow UA, multiclassing said UA, feats, breaking rules for convenience (two weapon fighting, allowing to draw both weapons at the same time without feat) and homebrewing items and special abilities for characters if the players ask for them.
It would've been so much easier to just run things by the book and ban everything else.
>>
>>55200847
>His DM doesn't run a Ravenloft campaign where everything is set out to kill them
>His DM doesn't present an envyroment so tense that the animals haven't had a Darwinistic process that allows them to inherit the primal wrath of their ancestors
>He'll never have the satisfaction of having his That Guy murder hobo behavior curbed by a ravenous pack of seemingly innocent animals
>His Green Hags coven won't be foreshadowed by this encounter
>Later he won't know the joy of having their rogue infiltrate the criminal element through a ring of cockfights

I'm so sorry your game is so one dimensional and sucks so hard anon, don't give up.
>>
>>55197872

It's universally acknowledged that DMs who ban feats are faggots who don't know how to upscale.
>>
>>55200932
How do you know what mini is in each box?
>>
>>55200994
You don't, it's random. One is always large sized and then three smaller figures in each box.
>>
>>55201004
So you could conceivably spend 16 USD and get the same damn minis

Jesus fucking CHRIST
>>
>>55201021
Conceivably. I didn't say it's not a scam. Just today I was kind of pissed because I bought a box and got the same damn Hippogriff I already had. I've never gotten two boxes that had exactly the same figures though. Like the large might be the same but the three smalls were different, and I've gotten some of the same smalls in multiple boxes, especially Orc, Goblins and Vegepygmies.
>>
>>55200951
Keep finding excuses for your reddit-tier humor. I'm sure you will find a good ome eventually.
>>
>>55200869
So why exactly did he do this. Do you know?
>>
Has anyone here ever played/run a game that took place entirely in a large city? Like maybe you were fighting sewer cultists or a corrupt noble or a thieves guild or something?

I ask because i recently made a mastermind rogue and tried to play them in a standard adventurer type campaign and it didn't go well at all.
>>
>>55201090
Jesus, I can feel the butt tender grief from here.

You'll be OK anon, we'll all be ok. Chin up!
>>
>>55201117
I ran a campaign from 1-5 where the city was on heavy lock down due to a serial killer. The players slowly learned more about the city and discovered clues before an eventual showdown at level 4.
Was good fun, investigation style games are my jam.
>>
>>55201144
>>55201091
What the actual fuck is fucking wrong with you two?
>>
>>55201117
Yup, but it only made it four or five sessions before the group fell apart.

It was pretty great, but our DM was a professional play writer, so I'm not sure how replicable our experience was.
>>
Are there any examples of umbrellas in 5e?
>>
>>55201237
Holding your shield up
>>
Motivation for dwarf clerics?
>>
>>55201289
Dwarf cleric of what?
>>
>>55201289
To serve moradin as his holy warrior
>>
>>55201091
I'm not sure. The guy is really "interested" in the game. He buys the most booster packs out of all of us, has a decent DM setup, paints models and makes terrain (He plays 40k) but it just seems like every once in a while, he is literally out for blood.

When this happens, the session becomes very linear and railroaded. You may have seen me post before, but I've complained about the "DM versus the Players" environment on prior occassions.

We've never run across a NPC that actually is Neutral or Helpful to our party, every NPC hates us instinctively or is a Gold-hoarding Jew merchant who will "Help" us for the right price, every. Time.

We once had a session where a player had his character slain, he re-rolled right there and got re-introduced, just for his second character to get slain again. Within the same 8 hour session. Both level 6. Player had to re-roll a third time and waited until we got to town to get reintroduced.

If I didn't try to be Open Minded, I'd believe our DM wants us to play Asshole Murder Hobos on an Evil campaign but just didn't directly telling us. He fucks us at every turn and we are always trying to do "the right thing" but keep getting fucked.

So I don't know. I can only hypothesis. He won't talk about D&D after the sessions are over and any and all D&D related "work" needs to be done at the table before the session.
>>
>>55201289
Earn money for altar ale.
>>
>>55201289
To travel to [holy site] to smith a [weapon type] in Moradin's name
>>
File: Necromancer5e.jpg (152KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer5e.jpg
152KB, 1024x576px
>>55200944
With this Final TPK, I get to dust off my 3.5 hands and try to tackle 5e. I've always been nervous about DMing 5e because from a players perspective, it seems a lot more dumbed down, but at the same time easier to comprehend. However all of my experiences, Lore and general knowledge are directly related to 3.5. So I personally have to adjust.

Yet... I am DM now. I must set an example of in-depth, compelling stories that keep the players attention and motivation to play.

I shall be a gentle, yet firm hand. As I guide my children towards the light.
>>
>>55201367
5e isn't dumbed down at all, it's streamlined, which is different.
>>
>>55201117
Hell yes. The 1st and 2nd Edition Waterdeep boxes and the Calimport one were awesome for those kinds of campaigns.
>>
>>55197470
Are there good looking 5E char sheets with Sanity and/or Honor or do I really have to make one in inkscape? Or alternatively, is there a tool to make good looking character sheets (e.g. nice looking frames, automatic spacing, etc)?
>>
>>55201289
Some motherfucker desecrated your holy site. It's up to you to find him and have vengeance!
>>
>>55201170
>>55201178
>>55201446
Cool, thanks. Guess I'll put the character on hold until I get a chance to play a campaign like that. Sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
File: IMG_1489.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1489.gif
83KB, 395x281px
>>55197470
>Homebrew Settings
There are exactly three kinds of people who pick up a game of D&D and decide to homebrew a setting:

The first is the kind of smug, self-satisfied person who has active disdain for a number of foundational fantasy conventions and thinks that "subverting the tropes" constitutes quality writing. This is where you get all the the eye-rollingly "wacky" settings that people propose instead of the dreaded "Generic European Fantasy:"
>What if we ran a D&D game with gunpowder weapons in a post-apocalyptic wild west?
>What we ran a D&D game set in a magiteck age of sail where the whole world is covered in water and boats can fly to city states floating on sky islands?
>What if the only playable races were gnomes and bugmen, and everyone lives underground, and magic comes from eating mushrooms that grow on the backs of wild elves?

How twee. How wacky. How inteszzzzz....

The second is the kind of person who's too lazy to run someone else's world consistently. They can't put in the effort to memorize the base details of Dragonlance or Ravenloft or even Forgotten Realms, so they create their own Forgotten Realms with the serial numbers filed off and the geography mixed up a little bit. They throw another bog-standard fantasy setting on the pile: another laundry list of proper nouns that the players have to re-remember even though they mean the same thing as any other D&D setting.

The third is the failed fantasy writer; the wannabe Tolkien who is actively more invested in showing you their fantasy realm than running your campaign. They're no less self-congratulating than the first, no more creative than the second, but has become so enraptured with their own escapist flights of fantasy that they'll stew in disdain for their players not caring as much as themselves on the obligatory globe-trotting slog.

In all cases it's not a good sign for the quality of your GM, both in the sense of the quality of their game and the quality of their character.
>>
>>55201639
It's basically what some people call the "billiard ball" campaign.

There's all this "balls" hanging around in the "table/city" and your job is to pocket them around before your opponent does.

You strike at a ball/Faction and push see how that pushes against another ball, and that ball against the others, until you finally go for the black one
>>
So what happen when I use Enlarge/Reduce to make a tree smaller?

Would it be automatically uproot? stay in the ground (but it's roots are smaller now and doesn't fit within the ground so it can be easily topple?)
>>
>>55201721
Turns into a redwood/bonsai tree.
>>
>>55201721
>Neither worn nor carried

If the tree can't freely shrink without damaging itself I'd rule the spell fails unless it's really cool
>>
>>55201691
>The second is the kind of person who's too lazy to run someone else's world consistently. They can't put in the effort to memorize the base details of Dragonlance or Ravenloft or even Forgotten Realms, so they create their own Forgotten Realms with the serial numbers filed off and the geography mixed up a little bit. They throw another bog-standard fantasy setting on the pile: another laundry list of proper nouns that the players have to re-remember even though they mean the same thing as any other D&D setting.
Guilty as charged.
>>
>>55201691
I run my 'homebrewed' my own fantasy setting actually I just lifted a lot of stuff and threw it together because I didn't any existing setting that seemed fitting for a Wildmarches/megadungeon campaign without devolving into a total kitchen sink.
>>
>>55201691
That pasta though, and with the exact same image too
>>
So I want to do a "dungeon" inside of a magic tower, which is full of animated objects- The owner had them there to do everything for him.

Would having the tower itself animate and get up to chase them after they leave be too much? How would you run combat against a huge-size thing like that, or should I just stat it similarly to a giant? If anything Ballista might be involved, but I'm stuck.
>>
>>55201781
Are you suggest the earth is worn or carried the tree? I should just use it on the earth then?
>>
>>55197958
Oooh, that makes sense. Woops.
>>55198472
>>55199530
Thanks for the feedback! I'll go with the dwarf, then.
>>55200798
She's a close friend, a solid DM within the material that we use, and I really love the group. We mesh well together.
>>55200957
OK. I don't really mind though.
>>
>>55201973
It's a judgment call. I'd say the same thing that prevents worn objects from shrinking is the same thing that prevents rooted trees from shrinking.

This would be the case for tangle knot roots however. Roots that could more easily move through the dirt I'd probably allow to move into a shrinked position, ah la Polymorphing
>>
>>55197875
My GM ran an arc where we were trapped in the underdark being tracked by illithids and it was one of the best campaigns I ever played.

Be careful with illithids though, mind blast can be a game ender.
>>
>party of half-elf sorc (me), 2 vampires and rogue who apparently has loot boner (ignored combat (he was unarmed, but still) and now at the end of session tried to murder the only person for miles around who's got some job offer for us)
Really makes me want to roll a paladin and play fun police.
>>
File: apewarrior.jpg (117KB, 740x640px) Image search: [Google]
apewarrior.jpg
117KB, 740x640px
So I'm thinking of playing a Ranger (Revised) for my next character, Beast Conclave. Would it be unreasonable to have my gorilla (Ape) companion to wield a weapon? I just really love the idea of having a big armoured gorilla carrying a battleaxe and dropping from trees onto people to kick ass.

They have opposable thumbs, and are already known to use tools in the wild whether it be for hunting, foraging or scavenging. I was thinking instead of taking an ASI for the Ape when I hit 4th level I could burn a feat slot to give him weapon proficiency or something similar.

What do you guys think? He already hits for 1d6+Str, so I don't see much of a problem with giving him a weapon considering he doesn't have multiattack.
>>
>>55201961
They statted an animates house in CoS, could be something like that
>>
I'm playing a former carnival owner/entertainer who made a pact with a demon that feeds off of laughter.

Is Bard or Warlock more fun? Is a multiclass a good idea?
>>
>>55202174
IIRC it was confirmed in sage advice that a baboon companion can weild a knife
>>
>>55201049
As someone else who buys the boxes
Of minis, I usually buy quite a few when they first come out and buy the remaining ones I want individually later
>>
>>55202264

I'm talking a Greatclub or even Martial Weapons though.
>>
>>55197532
>>55197726
>>55197665
>>55199174
This actually seems like a really neat idea and I would love to see this extended upon.
>>
I'm about to start PotA today. Any advice for the first session of this campaign?
>>
>>55202174
RAW? It just says stat upgrades I believe, not feats
In practise? ask your DM. I'd allow you to take the Weapon Master feat. It's entirely up to them, but it seems fair to me.
>>55202218
Flavour wise, you'd think fiendlock. But, for mechanics to feed into that flavor, Lore Bard makes the most sense. If you're naturally a funny person, your Vicious Mockery and Cutting Words could be jokes that then steal the laughter or something like that.
Fiendlock mechanically adds nothing to your character, and this is one of those situations where just because you are a "Bard" on your character sheet, means nothing in universe. You can get your magic from a pact with a demon without using the mechanics of a warlock IMO.
>>
>>55202621
Don't they have ASI's in the revised version? Pretty sure that means they can grab feats that they could normally grab, like weapon proficiencies, or Tough and so on
>>
>>55202174
Hell no, you don't get a feat. An ape has a default 6 intelligence. So you raise it by +2 on level 4. And then again on level 8.
Your animal companion can also have two skills. Pick religion and arcana.
Your monkey is now smarter and more educated than the party's paladin.
>>
>>55202671
Like I said, I'd allow it, but RAW no, it doesn't give them an ASI, but rather their stats can improve when you get one. As written
>Whenever you gain the Ability Score Improvement class feature, your companion's abilities also improve. Your companion can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or it can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1.

It doesn't say anywhere that they can opt for a feat instead, whereas the players ASI includes the line
>If your DM allows the use of feats, you may instead take a feat.

I think they just didn't want people to take feats that allow them to use magic or something? Though, an ape with magic initiate sounds fun, I guess it could be abusable with things like the Healer feat.
>>
File: 1351798448599.gif (901KB, 176x140px) Image search: [Google]
1351798448599.gif
901KB, 176x140px
>go into some tomb to find a hidden library
>some sky pirates caught wind and got there first
>a group of them jump us as we enter the main room
>be bard
>have canaith mandolin
>cast hypnotic pattern
>couldn't get them all in the aoe square, but all that were made wis save at disadvantage (mandolin effent) and fail, they are charmed, have 0 speed and incapacitated
>now just stand in the very back while i direct the party to kill the 2 that didn't have to save and then we just kill the rest one by one

control is fun when done properly
>>
>>55202721
Actually they are charmed while under this effect, "hypnotized" so you can do some pretty handy "when I snap my fingers you'll cluck like a chicken" sort of shit.
>>
>>55201417
not >>55201367 but oh yes it's dumbdowned
>archtypes are essentially prestige classes anon
no they aren't, they aren't nearly even close to as in depth as prestige classes could get
>the tiny ass weapon list, some of them are the same as other weapons but just with a different name
I miss my exotic weapons and big weapon list
>feats are optional and because of this fact DMs can say no to them
ugh, i hate anything that takes away player customization, and the reasoning to not have feats ruffles my feathers the wrong way
>no magic item shop
I get they want less reliance on magic items, though you STILL need them eventually as you get to things with resistances, but this goes back to player customization. In your adventuring career maybe you're a dedicated spear fighter... well you may NEVER come across a magic spear and welp sucks to be you I guess. You have to just take only what you come across. Adventure League super sucks for this exact reason, it's super stingy on magic items, while the books are very lenient.
>>
So for my next character I wanna be up in the enemy's face, smacking them with my weapon and casting spells whenever. Basically I wanna be a full caster that is decent at melee. What's the best way to accomplish this? Currently I have been thinking up a few options.
1. Bladesinger Wizard: all the spells I can ever need, a free martial proficiency, free light armor proficiency, and a twice per short rest super defense melee mode. Also able to learn more spells as we adventure. Not bad even if I have to be a filthy elf.
2. Sword / Valor Bard: looking towards mostly Valor Bard for more team support. Our current Bard constantly forgets Bardic Inspiration exists so I wanna give my team a nice amount of Bardic Inspiration. Also gains lots of spells, though unable to learn any outside of leveling. Still a good choice for supporting, casting, and smacking.
3. Bladelock: very situational casting and usually EB is better. Still, lots of combat buff spells, and possibly the best combat focused hybrid. If I sacrifice versatility I can basically be a master at ranged spell combat and good if they get close. But that doesn't fit my wants as well, not to mention I can hardly cast anything due to the way their spell slots work.
4. Druid or Cleric: pretty self explanatory there. Druids get shillelagh, Clerics gain radiant damage on a hit. Both have lots o' spells and bonus utilities if my party needs them. A scout or a healer. Both can be in the midst of battle as Druids can wildshape and Clerics get nice armor.

So those are my current options that I've looked at. I'm really leaning towards Bladesinger but I'd like to hear other thoughts. I want spells that can be utility and damage, but more utility than anything else since I'll be also in melee combat. Have I missed any really decent full caster melee classes / archetypes? What's your advice?
>>
>>55202835
Fuck Adventurer's League. Who plays that besides desperate fools and douchebags who think the rules are concrete and sacred?
>>
File: Low Quality Bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Low Quality Bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>55202835
>>
File: 89834_donald-trump-laughing.jpg (46KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
89834_donald-trump-laughing.jpg
46KB, 640x470px
>>55202835
>no they aren't, they aren't nearly even close to as in depth as prestige classes could get
Oh yeah, I remember those super in depth prestige classes.
>A prestige class solely dedicated to being an armored knight on a pegasus
>A prestige class solely dedicated to being a pirate attacking with concealed weapons
>A prestige class solely dedicated to being a literally cancerous wizard
>>
File: 1462477225093.jpg (28KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1462477225093.jpg
28KB, 350x335px
>>55202897
>A prestige class where you fucking die when you reach max level
>>
>>55202835
The minute the party as a whole gets magic weapons, you basically gimp every monster with that resistance.

One of the biggest weaknesses the system has is a real lack of mid and high tier monster variety.

I've been running it to lvl 11 so far, and an appropriately geared group of lvl 11 characters will tear through most of the MM. ToB and Volos helps quite a bit though.

And if there's not enough "depth" to character creation (and everyone DMs with feats) then maybe you should just go play Splatfinder.
>>
File: welcome to hell.gif (1MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to hell.gif
1MB, 316x195px
>>55202946
>everyone DMs with feats
you clearly haven't been reading the stories here
>>
>>55202972
Alright, I'll walk that statement back. Me, I don't run with the multiclassing rules, which would probably trigger him just as badly.
>>
>>55202841
I wouldn't recommend bladelock, but all other options are viable.

ad Wizard: Bladesingin catrips are available to other specializations as well. You might want to consider dwarven Abjurer - pretty solid defences, dwarves can wear medium armor, wield axes and are not elves - you won't get second attack, though.

Cleric is always good option.
>>
>>55202946
>>55202972
I don't DM with feats. There's nothing wrong with not using an optional rule.
As for resistance to nonmagical weapons... instead of a strength a monster is supposed to have, it feels like a weakness for every character that hasn't acquired a magic weapon yet. It's more of a barrier to entry than a defensive measure.
I try to run low-magic, and no pluses on weapons or armor is a big part of that. But I made sure my weapon-users all got what was technically a magical weapon by around level 8 (Trident of Fish Command +0 is still a magical weapon).
>>
When people say they want a "real" gish/spellblade, do they mean they want a character that channels spells through weapon attacks?
>>
I'm going to Stat Rudolph van Richten.
Seems like a pretty straightforward Cleric, but what Domain would you give him?
I've narrowed it down to Knowledge, War or Death
>>
>>55203077
They mean their wet fantasy, a mary sue who fights as good as a fighter, casts as good as a wizard and does both in the same turn.
Fuck gishfags.
>>
File: rudolph van richten.jpg (90KB, 651x430px) Image search: [Google]
rudolph van richten.jpg
90KB, 651x430px
>>55203111
Van Richten's a 10th level thief.
>>
>>55203077
You mean like paladins, who have both features and spells that allow them to do so?

Or like rangers, who have a few similar spells such as ensnaring strike and hunter's mark?

Or Eldritch Knights, who can cast spells and attack simultaneously?

Or Arcane Tricksters, who benefit the most from the SCAG cantrips?

Or Stone Sorcerer, who has access to the same magic-channeling spells that paladins have?

Or Hexblade, who can both use a casting stat for physical attacks and has access to the paladin's smite spells and a smite feature?

>>55203111
His stats are in Curse of Strahd under Rictavio.
>>
>>55203193
>16 dexterity
>not 8 AC unarmored
wew lad
>>
In PotA, should I keep the stuff about the missing delegation or cut it out? One of my players is from a gang/crime family-type, so I was considering saying that some smugglers from the same gang were undercover in the delegation.
>>
>>55203220
Well, I know where his stats are, but I'm going to let guest player run Rictavio for a few sessions
>>
>>55203220
You don't have to get offensive/defensive/whatever you're doing, I just asked a question.
The things you describe certainly exist, but I believe some people want something like the old 3.5 spellblade or daggerspell mage - i.e. you cast any single-target spell into your weapon, and it triggers on hit. Which, you can't deny, doesn't exist. And just because YOU don't think it needs to exist doesn't means nobody does.
Which is why I asked the question in the first place - is this something people want to exist in a balance form?
>>
>>55198112

I really liked his first campaign.

I think he kinda blamed the players, I created a character who was sort of a researcher into magical artifacts, he let me switch to UA artificer when it came out and let his friend play mercer's gunslinger, then he got annoyed when the tech of the setting didn't seem to match up to what he hoped for..
>>
>>55203274
>Have a spell with a range
>run up to someone and stab them with it instead
for what purpose?
>>
>>55203357
An extra 1d8+4 damage, presumably
>>
>>55202912

Risen Martyr, for those who want to know.

It also has a way you can "lose your class" like a paladin, but instead of losing your class you just fucking die.
>>
>>55203064

I feel 5e's combat is so basic that without feats it becomes super boring, especially for martials, since casters don't benefit from that many feats.
>>
>>55203274

The smite spells and SCAG cantrips are literally that though, you don't need a class feature to achieve that.
>>
>>55203473
My fighter and barbarian, both level 13, haven't complained yet.
Martial combat options are only boring in empty room encounters.
>>
>>55203502

Depends how combat heavy your games are, but I still think not running them is a bad idea since it reduces customisation in an edition where everything's practically laid out for you.

Feats like Mobile, Sentinel, Charger ect make the game a lot more fun.
>>
>>55203274
I mean, a magic item could fulfill what you have in mind. Just make a magic sword that can store a spell. Give it charges or whatever, I dunno. You don't really need a whole class for it.
>>
>>55199147
Booming Blade as you cannot use War Caster with GreenFlame Blade. If you can though get both it makes you feel a little more prepared and gives you alternatives when necessary.
>>
>>55203594
Like I said - I want to hear from the people who want it, not the people who think it's pointless, because I want to understand their desires and why they think it's necessary.
Seems like those people aren't here right now, though.

>>55203535
"A lot more fun" is incredibly subjective. It's possible that we enjoy different things.
>>
File: Diabolic Channel.png (1MB, 828x602px) Image search: [Google]
Diabolic Channel.png
1MB, 828x602px
>>55203274
Something like this?
>>
So I rolled a super array for my next character, and I think I am going to play a wizard.

First I dont like blade or lore, what is a good archetype if I skip them?

The array is 17 16 16 15 12 10 and we are starting at level 9. Some multiclassing is allowed but I dont really feel like it.

What do you think?
>>
>>55202706

But RAW feats can replace ASIs, and our DM allows them.
>>
If you cast Suggestion on someone after they complete their command do they recognize that they were charmed?

Ex) "I cast suggestion on the shop keeper and ask them to decrease the price of that ring by 20% for us, their esteemed guest."

Would the shop keep after completing this know they were charmed and could just ask for their stuff back or full price?
>>
>>55203915
>>55202713
They dont get an ASI, they just get 2 stats. However, ask your DM, they will most likely allow it.
>>
>>55203965
They would recognize the moment you started casting suggestion because of arcane incantations
>>
>>55203999
Okay good to know thank you.
>>
>>55203658
Perhaps. Although level 11 is a bit high to get it, and the general flavor makes me suspicious of the content surrounding it.
What's this from?
>>
>>55203898
Wizard seems like a waste for that array considering they can work with no good stats. If you are set on wizard, divination is probably the best but everything else is ok. Personally I hate conjuration and necromancy, but that's just because I hate it when people who are slow in combat summon shit to slow down combat even more
>>
>>55203898
You'd make a bitching monk or Paladin
>>
>>55204115
>http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class

This came from Matthew Mercer's, Blood Hunter homebrew class. The Profane Soul subclass to be specific.
>>
>>55203999
What about the use of subtle spell?
>>
>>55197955
There's a DM's Guild pdf called Circle of the Deathbloom, which might be appropriate for you. It focuses on using dead/decaying remains to feed the land and generate growth and renewal.
>>
>>55203999

You could just whisper it, though they might find that suspicious, you could hide behind a box while you whispered it.

Verbal components only require audibility of the incantations (In general, not by the target).

It's this way so that you can use silence or a gag to stop spell casters.
>>
>>55203898

Lore is super amazing, i'm surprised you don't want to play it, but the DM probably wouldn't let you anyway if you did.

Other than that Divination is the best, then after that, in my opinion, is probably Abjuration followed by Illusion.
>>
>>55203898
You should play a str monk/ bearbarian.
>>
>>55203999
Well there is such thing as the surprised condition
>>
>>55204604
That has literally nothing to do with this
>>
How does a shadow monk fight giants flying on rocs, SKT on the airship to be exact
>>
>>55204738

cast darkness on a dart

throw dark at target so dart sticks in them

teleport to target.
>>
>>55204792
I always thought about the darkness on a dart thing, but it has the be on the dart first, so you're throwing it blind
>>
>>55204376
Then they wouldn't know
>>
>>55199260
to keep the suspense up you can roll to see if there will be a random encounter or not( at most one for long rest and you can just DM fiat one if it fits the narrative or the session has been too empty or avoid it if the party is really beat up).

roll tables are stupid.
create a couple of well designed events yourself for each geographical locations and add a note on how to scale them for the next levels if they end up not being used.
you can actually setup a small interesting encounter with skill checks and decision rather than just throwing 4 wolves at them.

the worst thing i've ever seen on a book is "1d6 wolves" as random encounter. don't randomize the difficulty.
>>
>>55204816

That only puts you at disadvantage, if you can get advantage from somewhere else, like a familiar using the help action, then you throw normally
>>
>>55204120
>>55204155
>>55204544
>>55204596

Thanks guys

I never liked lore to begin with, I think it will be Abjuration or War, possibly divination but my DM does not like them.

I do love playing paladin but I have one in another game. Its either wizard or bard this time and we allready have a bard in the party.
>>
>>55204792
now fighting blind because darkvision doesn't function in magical darkness.
>>
>>55204816
I feel like any time someone brings up shadow monks, its just assumed they have devil's sight
>>
>>55204841
No casters in the party :^)
>>
>>55199360
congrats your campaign is likely dead.
it might not even be your fault but make sure to ask if the players liked your style and then find people that can actually play.
it's really hard for 4 people to find a common free time to dedicate to playing a game unless you all have the same lifestyle ( ex: all in the same school/workplace)
>>
>>55204862
B-b-b-b-but caster supremacy! Don't you like FUN?
>>
>>55204841
Or Lucky Feat and turn it into super advantage.
>>
>>55204915
Monks can't take feats dipshit
>>
>>55204855

Which only imposes disadvantage. If you can get advantage from another source then you can roll normally

I'd also say a 2 level dip into Warlock but it's SKT and I have no idea what level that puts you at.
>>
>>55199555
allright...which one of you dared to ask out the girl the DM was interested in?
>>
>>55204915
Or divination wizard and turn it into an automatic hit
>>
>>55204930
Eh?

Nothing's stopping them.
>>
>>55204964
they need all the ASIs they can get
>>
>>55204989

V.Human
>>
>>55204647
Recognizing a spell is a (trivial) Arcana check

While surprised you can take no actions or reactions, and that includes passive actions such as recognizing a spell *the moment* it is cast
>>
>>55205017
No fun in that, I'm playing a goblin
>>
>>55202841
You could try Stone Sorc 14/Paladin 6, maxing out Con early and taking a shield for 20 AC. Grab GFB/Booming Blade and take buff spells and effects that don't use attacks/DCs like Greater Invis., Mirror Image, Haste, Misty Step, etc. Eventually pick up War Caster and you'll practically never lose concentration with your Proficiency + Con + Cha from your Aura.

Bonus points for Hill Dwarf, giving you +1 extra HP per level on top of Stone Sorc's +1.
>>
>>55205052
Oh, and take Quickened Spell, obviously, so you can Attack-Attack-Fireball.
>>
>>55204955
Maybe the girl was in the party and the DM just found out she has a boyfriend.

>>55205017
V.Human was a mistake. The devs' own philosophy - "don't make a choice that invalidates other choices mechanically" - implies it should never have been made to begin with.
>>
>>55205033
>Dude bursts out of bushes suddenly
>Chants some Spellcasting
There's nothing in the rules saying they cant take "passive" action like "recognizing someone is casting a spell", because it's not like they are suddenly blind and deaf. They can't take reactionary *actions*, but "oh shit that's a spell" isn't an action.

Surprise condition requires initiative. It also requires you to beat the other person with your stealth check. They can still roll higher than you and lose the surprised condition before you can cast your spell.

This is terrible advice on how to sneak a surprise in.
>>
>>55205034

Statbuy
8 15 15 8 15 8

With goblin makes

8 17 16 8 15 8.
>>
>>55205123

Doesn't matter if they thought they made a mistake, they still made it.

V.Human has to exist otherwise there'd be no point in playing human at all, ever.
>>
>>55205132

Hide in the bush and whisper it, then pop out and give them the suggestion.
>>
>>55205246
Whispering spells falls under DM fiat.
>>
>>55205033
You don't need to recognize the spell to know that a spell is being cast
>>
>>55205292

Well "whispering" does, but saying it quietly doesn't. As long as you can get the stress and intonation right, and it's audible.

Suggestion has a range of 30ft, I doubt even talking normally you'd be able to tell what someone's saying at 30ft.
>>
>>55205132
>Dude burst out of the bushes going "Uga buga"
>Holy crap what's go-oh hi mark

Surprise motherfucker.
>>
I did not prepare for the campaign today, anyone have some fun unique magic items?
>>
>>55205339
No, but you need to recognize its a spell and not a dunce from a Broadway musical suddenly singing Despacito.
>>
>Be me, fey warlock
>Be subject to random magical effect from a custom table
>"Character becomes pregnant"
>Sell my firstborn to my patron for great power
>>
>>55205415
I mean, part of the old fey myth is kidnapping children, so you're still on theme
Hell, depending on the Fey, they might end up with a better life, or being trained to be a Warlock for the same patron or whatever.
>>
>>55205376

Bagpipes of invisibility:

While playing these bagpipes you're under the effect of the invisibility spell.
>>
Can someone explain to me why when WOTC can't release a UA due to a holiday on a monday, they wait until a whole week after rather than just releasing it on tuesday when they're back?
>>
How good is the human determination feat? Any point or is it better to focus on something.
>>
>>55205448
A must-have for any adventurer pretending to be a Scottish ghost
>>
>>55205348
anon, get your ears checked.
>>
>>55205482

It's eh, advantage is super easy to get anyway.

I'm thinking that tables might ban V.Human and instead let any race choose a racial feat instead.

In which case, it's better than prodigy.
>>
>>55205542
ty
>>
>>55205470
Because they hate us. They hate our freedoms: our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other. They do it to disrupt and end a way of life. With every atrocity, they hope that /tg/ grows fearful, retreating from the world and forsaking our friends. They stand against us because we stand in their way. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.
>>
Hey guys, extremely new player here, joined an ongoing 5e campaign because I always thought DnD was cool but never had the chance to play it till now.

DnD is super duper fun and I love it, but my group has had some problems, specifically my DM has been super stressed for pretty much ever since I joined, and I have never met him before so I don't know if this was the case before I joined either. The first real interaction I had with the group was when we were about to play my first session; The only member I hadn't gotten to at least say hi to before this point had decided to go on a huge tirade at me because I wanted to do something with my character that only he was doing at the time, playing a caster. The DM promptly kicked him from the group entirely, permanently. I was stunned. I then noticed over the course of a couple sessions that the group wasn't exactly... normal. Neither was the game, we were using a lot of house rules, but I like that aspect. I digress, the players would constantly talk over eachother, forget what their characters' basic abilities were (I will admit I fell into this sometimes for obscure stuff I rarely used.) and worst of all; One of the players would get verbally abusive after a bad roll/roleplay decision gone bad/death. I emphasize death, because we fell into a lot of newbie traps because we were all new, but the DM basically made us rich AND had a god who could revive us at our home base, so most deaths meant almost nothing outside of not playing for a couple hours/days. But this guy still got super pissed, taking it out on other players, the DM, etc.

Another guy was a total Munchkin, playing this weird Inspector Gadget Gnome Engineer who could do almost anything and everything better than other people, and constantly held up the DM trying to powergame.

A couple nights ago, I promised to help the DM in any way I can, and because of that I became a much better player and person, trying to cheer him up->
>>
>>55205553

It could be they're just lazy and like long holidays. Like the garbage men on my block-they'll take a week off for pretty much any reason.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (26KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
26KB, 350x350px
>>55205553
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Does ayone have an imgur album/whatever of classic wizards?
>>
>>55205613
Carlos thats not a funny pun
>>
File: file.png (253KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
253KB, 460x345px
Need tips for a good Tabaxi name
>>
>tfw when no Food and Provisions UA
>>
-> In trying to cheer my DM up, I became a much better player, and person. Unfortunately it wasn't enough, the whole group was still making mistakes and doing stuff that pissed off the DM immensely like trying to cheat. He had had enough eventually and I just spent 4 hours trying to show the DM that I care, that I want to try for him, and that I need this escapism because I don't wanna end up a total "That Guy". This is my FIRST DM, when am I gonna get another first?!

Well, I managed to calm him down and he isn't just abandoning our game, thankfully. But he kicked another player out, and I'm pretty sure it's all my fault.

Wat do, /tg/?
>>
>>55205635
>not a funny pun
Standard carlos post then desu
>>
>>55205601

Well I mean thei job is just typing poorly written shit out, not that hard or time consuming.
>>
>>55205629
https://imgur.com/a/5QmyV
>>
>>55205638
Dindu...although thats a better kenku
Mikolai Cersazi Sk'kat
>>
>>55205683
:)
>>
>>55205613
I don't think this picture memes what you think it memes

>>55205659
"Funny" is a subjective term, but it should still probably be a pun
>>
>>55205705
Far be it from me to stop you from using hilarious racist humor, but why would the name be a good fit for either of the two species mentioned?
>>
>>55205573
>>55205652
This does not sound like a fun environment. I would quit and look for another game, maybe an online one.
>>
File: Tabaxi smoker.jpg (113KB, 736x792px) Image search: [Google]
Tabaxi smoker.jpg
113KB, 736x792px
>>55205638
By Volo standards, in some order:
>Adjective/Verb
>Conjunction/Verb/Preposition
>Location/Noun

So you get shit like:
>Stout Thunder (Stout)
>Flicker amid the Reeds (Amid)
>Eye on your Purse (Eye)
>>
>>55205744
I mean, maybe? But the problem is, I don't know where to look, we're using Roll20 sure but.. a lot of my character's are homebrewed and houseruled so much that I doubt most other DMs will accept them, AND one of the remaining players is one of my best friends, I can't just abandon him.

I'm conflicted.
>>
>>55205740
Kenku and Tabaxi are litterally known for forgery and theft respectively also the second one was a MC skat kat joke
>>
>>55205802

You mean the cartoon cat from Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" video?
>>
File: dj kat.jpg (212KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dj kat.jpg
212KB, 400x400px
>>55205802
>>55205854

Superior 80s cat coming through.
>>
How would one go about making a Laura Kinney type character?

A barbarogue comes to mind, but the precise balance to strike on such a complicated multiclass escapes me.
>>
>>55205744
To give some perspective on how much my character's are "Homebrewed and Houseruled."

Both of my characters have extra feats, granted to me by the DM because I chose feats that weren't actually useful in many situations but made sense fluffwise to me, my Kobold Rogue for example has two free feats. My Kobold Rogue also has wings obtained from chaos magic, functional but he has no idea how to use them so he can't fly yet.

Then there's my caster, my wizard, a floating skull named Bojangles and his ghost butler familiar Smithers. Where do I even start with this guy? For starters, his race is completely mish-mashed, he uses his familiar to animate heavy armor as a body for him, meaning he uses the Animate Armor race for the most part, with a mix of Human feats. He is also a Bladesinger. This means a couple things but I basically built him to be an anti-mage that can destroy enemies from afar, in combat he can reach up to 23 AC and has a nat AC of 20, this is supposed to be all balanced around the fact that, as an Undead (Basically a demi-lich) with an Undead familiar, any random Nun can shut him down completely, as can Anti-magic barriers, and he has no darkvision. But I don't think any other DM would accept him as he is, and that's scary to me because I like him as he is.
>>
Those of you that have played, or DM for a hexblade, how balanced is it? Reading over the class features and invocations it seems ptetty strong.
>>
>>55206103
Well, it's strong and combat focused. Has high and consistent damage at low levels, later on probably starts getting outdone by others in that department.
>>
>>55206016
You're not supposed to move your characters between games with different DMs anyway. The amount of homebrewing isn't really relevant. At best you'll be able to recreate a similar character with the new DM's guidelines.
>>
>>55201691
Here's your (You), this pasta is pretty tiresome though.
>>
>>55206417
Do people have text files on their computers just full of pasta to use in threads whenever they feel like shitposting?
I cannot fathom the kind of person who would do that.
>>
>>55201691

You sound fun to play with.
>>
>>55206307
>Supposed to
What did he mean by this?
>>
My level 7, 5-man party is going to fight a lich in the next session.
The lich is, for obvious reasons, will be weakened by the seal of the dungeon it's trapped in.
Any advice on how I should re-balance its stats and spells so that they don't find the fight far too easy, without it being an assured TPK ?
>>
>>55206307
Oh.
>>
>>55201691
I'm mostly 2 with a dash of 3
>>
>>55206605
There's a but load of varying lich stats out there

Check tales of the Yawning portal, or curse of strahd
>>
File: 608[1].jpg (36KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608[1].jpg
36KB, 709x765px
>6 sessions in
>Just got to level 2
>>
>>55206646

I'm definitely 2, medieval european fantasy has been done to death by shitty writers like tolkien and GRRM.

I wouldn't want to play in a setting where most of the people are incestuous pigs living in squalor
>>
>>55206661
>5 sessions in
>players are level 4 with some progress towards 5
>>
>>55206698

That's the way to do it, get rushing to the good levels, then slow progression down.
>>
>>55206661
My DM is ruling a mixture of 3 pillar XP and Milestone on the beginning of the game so we can get to around 5 quickly, I think he's doing straight 3 Pillar XP after that
>>
>>55206615
Sorry, m8.

>>55206602
Perhaps I should have said "you don't GET to," because most DMs wouldn't let you.
>>
>>55206772
I kinda thought it was a thing where you could play the same character through many campaigns, I guess.
>>
>>55206753
We are just doing standard exp. Issue is we are 7 so combat takes a while
>>
if your players aren't level three by session 3-4 then you're being a piece of shit on purpose and you aren't as good at running games as you think you are

"I love having no identity or class features," said no one ever.
>>
What would be some good Patrons for a Hexblade?

The UA names Blackrazor, but would, say, the Hand of Vecna work for a loose interpretation of "sentient magic weapon"?
>>
>>55206833
I just start my campaigns at about lvl 5. I enjoy established characters.
>>
>>55206849
>loose interpretation
Sure
>>
>>55206833
Yeah, shit sucks, specially for classes without many options early, when I was playing a Paladin and at the beginning, basically, all I could do I go to the bad guy, hit him with my hammer and if someone goes down, use Cure Wounds on him. And at lvl 1 you can't even cast anything

>>55206822
You should talk to your DM about that, maybe switching XP methods, or giving everyone extra XP for finishing quests
>>
>>55206849
My hexblade patron was "The Path of the Sword", some sort of Kara-Tur sect-philosophy that a wandering old creep memed by character into.
>>
>>55206810
I don't think that's unheard of, but it's definitely up to the DM to run something that heavily homebrewed
>>
>>55206007
Or a Kensei Monk?
>>
>>55206810
I believe you can do that at AL (Adventurers' League) - someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Most independent DMs will at least want you to be the same level (or close) to everyone else in the group. Many will want you to make a character with a backstory that makes sense in their setting, or with their plot.
You can be bummed out about it, but you can also see it as an opportunity to play different types of characters and experience the mechanics of different classes.
>>
Are any of the AL adventures good?
>>
>>55205123
>The devs' own philosophy - "don't make a choice that invalidates other choices mechanically" - implies it should never have been made to begin with.
That was never their fucking philosophy, or several archetypes SHOULD NOT EXIST.
>>
>>55206998
Adventurer's League?\

And yeah, I getcha on that last part.
>>
Am I the only one who likes the Sharpshooter Fighter? It's sad that Mearls already said it won't be on XGE
>>
>>55206849
If you're a DM - I'd advise against it, because you don't want a player running around with the Hand of Vecna. Definitely not at low levels.
If you're a player - see above. Stop trying to get artifacts at level 1.

>>55207037
They explicitly say it multiple times, so you're wrong. They might not have always obeyed it, but it was a guiding principle. And I think you're exaggerating - I don't believe there's any archetype that makes all other archetypes of the same class not worth playing. The only archetypes not worth playing are the 3 that are just extremely bad, and that's not the other archetype's fault.
>>
>>55207114

You cannot make a game where some choices aren't better than others.
>>
>>55207114
Hexblades don't wield their Patrons, they're just empowered by them.
>>
File: 1413004952912.jpg (101KB, 354x380px) Image search: [Google]
1413004952912.jpg
101KB, 354x380px
This weekend's game got called off, lads. Now what?
>>
>>55207078

I feel rogue should get a sharpshooter subclass, give them a sort of "sniper" feel to their sneak attacks.
>>
>>55207161
excessive masturbation
>>
>>55207078
>Am I the only who who...?
No. That's always the answer to that question.
That said, while a ranged archetype (that's not locked to one weapon) would be cool, it's not like you can't play a ranged fighter using any of the other archetypes, so at least you can still capture that character archetype.

>>55207145
I agree. Perfect balance is unattainable. Doesn't mean you shouldn't strive for as close to it as possible.
>>
>>55207161
Get a 1-shot running.
>>
>>55207166
Assassin rogues are basically that. Their sneak attacks are much stronger if they're not detected - at level 3, they're auto crits, and at level 15, they get double damage on top of that.
And any rogue can sneak attack with ranged weapons anyhow. I'm not sure what a dedicated sharpshooter class would do that's new.

>>55207154
That makes their flavor make even less sense.
>>
>>55206810
It's doable, but temper your expectations. Most likely you'll keep the same character in terms of backstory and personality, but have to swap some mechanics around.

I played the same cleric in both Pathfinder and 5e, so it's doable.
>>
>>55207250

Yeah but assassins suck, also they're just as good at melee as range.

I was thinking like, being able to enter an aiming stance to get advantage, being able to make a ranged attack as a bonus action (extra chance at setting off sneak attack)
>>
>>55207250
>That makes their flavor make even less sense.
You just need to do some mental gymnastics to make it work, but I agree it's not my favorite flavor of warlock. You can do something along the lines: you had a direct contact with the artifact once or did research and made a pact with it (like fiend warlocks) and now it grants you a bit of power and whispers some hints and requests into your ears, hoping you grow powerful and worthy enough to be whispered the final hint: "To find me, you must...". Finding and wielding their patron sounds like an awesome end-level path.
>>
>>55207179

It also means you shouldn't be banning things because they overshadow other things, because then something new overshadows everything else.

You ban V.Human people start taking half elf, ect.
>>
>>55207250
That was kinda gonna be my followup question. How exactly does a Warlock make a pact with their Patron? The only thing I can think of is subliminal/dream contact where the weapon offers power in return for something, like freeing the weapon or slaying in its name or eventually finding and wielding it yourself.

They don't offer a lot of detail in the rules for it.
>>
>>55207250
>That makes their flavor make even less sense.
I'm with you there.

Personally, I would do lots of reflavoring on a hexblade warlock if someone wanted to play a bladelock, and just use the flavor (and maybe the spell list) of one of the other patrons.
>>
I'm writing a One Shot, I'm thinking in something like that:

Before the One Shot I'll give people random backstories, one of them will be evil and will be infiltrated in the group.

None of them have memories of what they were before, so nobody knows each other, and each background will have something peculiar.

Each of them will remember pieces of memories in key points of the adventure.

Anyone here did it before? Any tips?
>>
So for ToA my party will be a Glamour Bard, a Trickery Cleric and one other player is still undecided. I wanted to play a tanky mystic, but Immortal doesn't seem like a good choice, as the unnarmored defense is worse than force armor and the temp HP won't matter as much with a Glamour Bard in the party (he also wants to take inspiring leader at 4).

Is it possible to still play a somewhat tanky mystic as either Nomad or Wu Jen? I thought about taking many disciplines that give me defensive capabilities (force armor, though hide, mastery of wood and earth, air shield etc), and then be mobile with nomadic disciplines, maybe swapping places with other players or enemies if they are in bad positions.

I also considered taking variant human to get crossbow expert, so I can use a light crossbow with nomadic arrow even in melee. The rest of my abilities would probably be focused on battlefield controll (pushing enemies away, creating walls etc.)
>>
>>55207351

I hated the Hexblade since it basically made it so that if you wanted a bladelock, you'd pick that archetype.

Should have just done a revision to pact of the blade.
>>
Anons? Long story short, how overpowered would you say this race is? Last anon I showed it to reckoned it'd break the game in half just by standing in the corner, but I think they were full of it...

Celadrin
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Elven Lineage: You are treated as being an elf for effects that tie specifically into race. Among other things, this allows you to use magic items normally restricted to elves, but also makes you vulnerable to spells specifically crafted against elves.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed condition, and are immune to magical effects that induce Sleep.
Melodious Voice: You have Proficiency in Perform and advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks.
Firre Magic: You know the Produce Flame cantrip and cast it with this trait. Upon reaching 3rd level, you can cast Charm Person as a 1st level spell with this trait, but must complete a long rest before you can use it again. Upon reaching 5th level, you can cast Scorching Ray as a 2nd level spell with this trait, but must complete a long rest before you can use it again. Spells cast with this trait use Charisma as their spellcasting ability score.
>>
>>55207381

Couldn't you just make it an elven subrace?
>>
>>55207381
>advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks
Remove this and replace it with Persuasion Proficiency and it's fine.

Why isn't it just an Elf though?
>>
>>55207292
Just because assassins can melee doesn't mean they aren't equally good at range. I think the point of the archetype is to capture both dudes who slash throats in the night and snipers.
As for your suggestions, the first is sorta OP on a rogue, and the second doesn't make a lot of sense with the flavor. A sniper doesn't fire quickly.

>>55207325
I don't have to ban anything because my players aren't munchkins who pick their race solely based on its numerical value.
>>
>>55207403
Possibly, but I didn't want to risk the result being overpowered if it had Melodious Voice and Firre Magic AND all of the other elven traits.

>>55207432
What do you mean "why isn't it just an elf"? Backstory-wise, it's supposed to be a gold elf/firre eladrin species of planetouched: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Celadrin
>>
>>55207433

I don't pick race based on numbers, I pick V.Human because I like having extra stuff to do in combat and opening up new playstyles.

I might take Mobile on a monk to make them hit and run, I might take crossbow expert on a rogue to give them an extra chance at getting sneak attack off.
>>
File: Bladelock.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Bladelock.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>55207369
>>55207351
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkSFaLyGB-
>>
>>55207474
I'm not saying you're wrong to do this necessarily, because it's literally the only race that gives an extremely useful advantage at level 1. But you're still picking a race based on its mechanics.
The world would be better if every race got a feat at level 1.
>>
I'm fine with Humans being mechanically optimal race. They're supposed to be the most populous and common of the races, and being the most powerful option incentivizes players to pick them.
>>
>>55207541
Are variant humans even that good? All i see is nice buff for low levels, but as soon as others get their feat as well, V.human suddenly starts to seem very mediocre. Also, no darkvision.
Am i wrong?
>>
>>55207078
is there a list of things confirmed to be in/not be in XGE?
>>
>>55207651
>but as soon as others get their feat as well, V.human suddenly starts to seem very mediocre
But when that happens V. Humans can get a second feat. Or, when everyone else forgoes their ASI to take a feat, V. Humans can take the ASI while already having the feat they want the entire time.
>>
>>55207651
From a normal person's point of view: sort of, for the first few levels.
From a powergamer's point of view: of course, because then they have GWM+PAM, which every character has!
>>
>>55207651
Feats are amazingly good, just being one feat ahead is probably worth it. The lack of darkvision is their biggest drawback but that's nice - thanks to people craving that 1st level feat, there is a reason for light and darkness rules to even be in the book, otherwise almost everybody would have the darkvision.

I think the v. human is the best race, but it doesn't completely outclass other races, something that appplies to most of options in 5e. You can pick optimal things and feel good about it, but if you don't, at the very least you shouldn't be dragging the party down.
>>
>>55207724

Is that not why they have lower ASI than everyone? To encourage going for an ASI later to make up for it?
>>
>>55207821
A feat at level 1 is significantly stronger than +1 to an ability score, especially when you can assign your two +1s in a way to get even numbers on your scores
>>
>>55207842

That's the thing though

>A feat at level 1

Wouldn't that end up righting itself later on due to a lower starting ASI?
>>
>>55207862
No
>>
>>55207250
Clerics are empowered by their gods, but don't directly channel them. Similar with hexblades - the artifacts have grown powerful enough to dole out power / be drawn from, independent of you wielding the artifacts themselves.
>>
>>55208092
Then there's no real reason for hexblade to be the melee weapon warlock pact.
>>
>>55206655
Oh boy, here I go raiding the archive again.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>55207329
They never offer much about it. It's up to you and your DM to decide. You can do whatever you want.
>>
>>55208147

There shouldn't BE a melee weapon warlock pact, Pact of the Blade should just not be shit.
>>
How well do teleport behind you bosses work? Party of 5 level 6 vs a teleporting bear with 20AC and 150 hp, with unlimited legendary reactions, everytime he is struck he teleports behind a random enemy and attacks. Would they die from that or deal with it easilly (without magic, they are so uncreative only magic they ever use is damage heal and debuff)
>>
>>55208147
Are you saying it doesn't make sense for the Hexblade patron to give powers that are suited to using a weapon?
>>
I'm writing a One Shot, I'm thinking in something like that:

Before the One Shot I'll give people random backstories, one of them will be evil and will be infiltrated in the group.

None of them have memories of what they were before, so nobody knows each other, and each background will have something peculiar.

Each of them will remember pieces of memories in key points of the adventure.

Anyone here did it before? Any tips??
>>
>>55208248
I agree with the first half - there's shouldn't be a patron for it.
I disagree with the second half. Pact of the Blade doesn't fit in with the other two pact boons, who both provide utility. It should either be available to all warlocks (potentially via invocations), or be a choice that any warlock can make (like in the homebrew in >>55207497).
Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense in the warlock as it was designed.

>>55208261
Correct.
Fey give powers of trickery not because they want you to be like them, but because that's the sort of magic they themselves have. Fiends give powers of destruction not because they want you to be like them, but because that's the sort of power they themselves have.
But a sentient magical weapon doesn't have powers that aid in using a weapon - that would be redundant. They would have powers which depend on what created them; since IIRC they're all assumed to be tied to the shadowfell, they should grant powers related to that (necrotic damage and quasi-real illusions, probably).
>>
>>55208255
>Unlimited legendary reactions
Anon, what.
>>
>>55208325
You idea of Warlocks is fucking stupid
>>
>>55208316
Make one person know that somebody on the group is evil and he's trying to discover who this person is
>>
>>55208382
Good argument
>>
>>55208255
>Every time someone attacks him he attacks back
Think about the action economy, anon

this kills the party
>>
Hey, /5eg/, what are you expecting for tomorrow's UA?
>>
>>55208255
Your party is probably fucked
>>
>>55208440
Nothing, it's Labor Day.
>>
>>55208440
A one week delay
>>
Can you combine the Mystics lethal strike with animate weapon?
>>
>>55208454
>>55208465
Oh, it's not Labor Day on my country, my bad.
>>
what would be the optimal level for dipping in hexblade if im playing a druid? Yes I know its a bad idea.
>>
File: 1434500017661.gif (2MB, 458x334px) Image search: [Google]
1434500017661.gif
2MB, 458x334px
>people join game
>get 3 sessions in
>suddenly half the group saying they need to change the time of the games and fucks everyone else over

Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>55208679
That never happens with adventurers league
>>
>>55208616
Why are you doing it if its a bad idea
>>
>>55201691
I know this is pasta, but
>t. autist who memorized the official stuff and spergs out when they can't smugly try to exploit their apparent expertise
>>
Wu Jen or Nomad for a mobile crowd control focused build? Tankiness is also always good.
>>
>>55207353
I did something like this before. It was... different. My evil character was evil because he was, in fact, a wereshrew, which the paladin took exception to. Also goblins were a civilised race, the gods were kept out of the world by a miles-wide machine called the Godseal and half the campaign was spent fighting a human that turned out to be a transdimensional parasite. Good times, good times.
>>
>>55208804
Because I feel it could be fun and make an interesting character combined with the homebrew race of big shark niggas
>>
>>55208440
Half baked shit as allways. Meme Mearls resigning would make UA better.
>>
File: rage-wallpaper-1.jpg (39KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
rage-wallpaper-1.jpg
39KB, 341x204px
>>55197470
>Get into village of goblins who worship Bane
>Worship Torm
>Pledge to wipe out village in holy rage
>Get nat 1s and bad rolls all around
>Hardly kill anything
>Get to final boss
>Flank him with party
>Miss two rounds in a row even with advantage
>Other party members kill the boss and most every other creature in the dungeon
>>
>>55208451
>>55208431

If I reduce him to 18 AC and 90 HP it should be fine. They can grapple him and prevent him from doing actions. CON save should be in order to prevent vommiting?
>>
>>55205635
>>55205722
>I don't think this picture memes what you think it memes
>Carlos pic has an actual meaning, it's not just a standard reaction image

You learn something new every day.
>>
>>55209056
Grappling does not inhibit teleporting, nor does it stop people from taking actions. Also, what the fuck CON save for?
>>
>>55209042
A true worshipper of Torm accepts the help of his comrades.
>>
>>55209042
Have you considered your god might be dissatisfied with your conduct and actively steering your blows away from your foes as a punishment?
>>
>>55209068
>Implying the carlos inage would ever be annything but funny/shitty puns
>>
>>55201691
Why would you hate fun ?
Haven't you always wanted to create your own city, monsters, fortress of evil and archangel of justice ?
I mean, there's no need to shun would-be fantasy writers. My players enjoy discovering my shitty fantasy setting, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>55208389
That's why I want to do, someone random at the start will know that someone else is evil but will not know who.

Everyone will have random pieces of information.
>>
>>55209068
You live, you learn!

>>55209104
Don't be mean, not everyone is up to date with every meme and 1990's kids' show.
>>
>>55209132
so, you old or young?
>>
>>55208316
it doesn't sound particularly brilliant to roleplay and get attached to a blank character you didn't even create.
perhaps they will just make up the personalities they want for each character on the first minutes and they will stick to it, which might not be bad.
i would say that you should either hand them out their personalities asap or never do it, and just give them information about the past events.

i think it would be very fun if you wrote the memories on pieces of paper and gave them to players every 30 minutes, to not be read by other players.
it could be an interesting game mechanic to let players choose what they attempt to remember next, perhaps as a binary choice in a few points.
>>
>>55208382
And what about your idea of warlocks? If you think bladelocks can't work, you're a literal retard.
>>
>>55209231
>If you think bladelocks can't work, you're a literal retard.
But I do think bladelocks can work you autist
The person I responded to doesn't even think they should be a thing
>>
>>55209248
Then that person is a literal autistic retard and my apologies.
>>
>>55209197
I happen to be completely up to date with 1990's kids shows, but I don't fault people who aren't.
>>
>>55209248
I never said that. What I said was that neither patron nor pact boon are an appropriate mechanism for bestowing weapon skill.

>>55209266
C'mon, m8. Don't judge me based on words someone else said.
>>
>>55209290
Nigga that's fucking retarded
>>
>>55209325
Good argument.
>>
>>55209378
There's nothing to argue, you're just stupid
>>
>>55209428
You are certainly presenting a strong case for this claim.
>>
>>55209466
You're doing it just fine
>>
>>55209491
Indeed. You've won me over to your way of thinking.
>>
>>55209290
They still do work as intended though. And it's a good mechanism.

Perhaps the blade pact should be written as an inherent class feature instead and the 5th level ability instead gives a fighting style.
>>
>>55209533
Thanks babe
>>
>>55209542

I feel like they should get the ability to use Cha as their modifier for it innately.
>>
>>55209648

Also, have it so you can get ranged weapons as your pact weapon.
>>
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/09/03/tortles-as-a-playable-race-confirmed/

Tortles confirmed
>>
>>55209721
What in God's name is a Tortle?
>>
>>55209751
They're turtles, but they walk upright.
>>
File: Tortle.jpg (81KB, 400x696px) Image search: [Google]
Tortle.jpg
81KB, 400x696px
>>55209751
Tortle
>>
>>55209946
>18 Natural armor
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.