[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 52

File: brozilek.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
brozilek.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
Previous: >>55121980

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck? What is good or bad about it?
>>
>>55127564
>Thread Question: Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck? What is good or bad about it?

No, but one in my group is building a Mayael the Anima eldrazi themed deck and i expect it to rape
>>
Well I dunno about EDH but it seems like Legacy Merfolk might be getting some toys.
>>
>>55127564
>Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck?
I have Karn and my friend has Kozilek 2.0
>What is good or bad about it?
His can be very slowly because of the lack of good rocks in his deck, and my Karn can feel very battlecruiser sometimes, in that I sometimes need to play a lot of defense before I can start mass animating and swinging
>>
>>55127564
A friend of mine plays Newmrakul.
His only aim is to get out his Commander as many times as possible, and do as much stupid shit as he can with other people's turns.

He rarely manages to do anything of great import though.
>>
>>55127564
I'm the colorless player in my group with Karn. I also play affinity and KCI combo in modern.

I need help.
>>
>>55127649
Tell me he's at least put Ugin's Nexus under a Prototype Portal.
>>
>>55127699
Play Grishoalbrand like a real man
>>
>tfw no eldrino in ixalan
>>
>>55127699
>tfw bought into affinity years ago because fetchlands were too expensive at the time
>tfw ravagers are now at 40$ a piece

This game is truly...something. a shame ravager isn't thst great in edh.
>>
>>55127813
Same here. I had bogles alongside it, but sold it off for food money.
>>
File: Kozilek, Butcher of Truth_ROE.jpg (188KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth_ROE.jpg
188KB, 672x936px
>>55127564
>Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck?
Actually, I do. OG Kozilek, because annihilator is just nasty.
>What is good or bad about it?
Well, it's basically mana rock tribal, so it can jump to an ungodly lead in a matter of a couple turns and leave people needing to answer a Kozilek on board on turn 3-5. That said, it's about as weak to Vandalblast/Merciless Eviction/Bane of Progress as a deck could possibly be, and it's very much a glass cannon in the early turns, so well placed disruption or hard aggro can really hurt me. I try to keep those weaknesses covered, but I don't get the tech to do so in every game. Still though, games either end with me obliterating some poor nerd's entire board, or a very close fight, win or lose.

>select all images that match the label: eraser
Kek
>>
I want more mono-brown artifact commanders. Fuck Eldrazi.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I know edhrec doesn't have everything, but I'm looking at elves and why is this thing only ran in about %25 of elf decks? Being able to tap all your dorks the same turn you play them seems obscenely good and an autoinclude. It even came with the precon.
>>
File: Giant-Warrior-Token[1].jpg (252KB, 768x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Giant-Warrior-Token[1].jpg
252KB, 768x1073px
>>55126864
>Did the anon with a bunch of the oversized sleeves build a giant tribal proxy deck yet?

Still working on it, trying to make it as GIANT as possible. Only problem is I already have a Boros deck so I want to go Gruul, but can't decide on a commander, but that negates all the good white giants.

Help.
>>
>>55127942
Still mad I can't use Skysovereign as Commander for a totally fucky artifact ramp/to-tokens festival complete with Thopters, Servos, Snakes, Hornets, and various -moths.
>>
How do I go about making Tasigur-"Ramp into Eldrazi" golden fang?
>>
>>55128061
I can't wait for you to post the results
>>
File: LSrNNL4.png (10KB, 394x109px) Image search: [Google]
LSrNNL4.png
10KB, 394x109px
starting to pick up some staples. how am i doing so far? 1/3
>>
File: pcfhrLY.png (8KB, 391x90px) Image search: [Google]
pcfhrLY.png
8KB, 391x90px
>>55128110
2/3
>>
File: UHMBnFh.png (10KB, 526x84px) Image search: [Google]
UHMBnFh.png
10KB, 526x84px
>>55128132
3/3.

Some of these are for specific decks, but I'm finding that having the mana bases be more reliable makes for a lot nicer game play, even without the "best" win cons and so on.
>>
File: 262.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
262.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>55128061
This guy counts as a giant and gives ypu access to some nice black giants like grave titan. Your options for gruul are either rosheen or the lady of the mountain apparently.
>>
>be at lgs with two friends playing edh
>one on mizzix one on rune I'm playing slightly buffed shitty jeleva precon
>finish game and this guy who is more ripped than anyone I could ever imagine asks to play with us
>surewhynot.png
>"are you all playing competitive or casual?"
>"casual, we're just hangin out"
>"alright. I won't play tazri."
>awkward silence.
>we shuffle up and roll, im on the play followed by new guy who is playing kozilek the great D
>"my turn 1 sucks." He says in earnest
>"don't worry mines not great either." I force a chuckle and play an akoum refuge.
>he smiles
>"well it's a little better than that."
>ancient tomb mana vault grim monolith gilded lotus winter orb
>o-ok
>spend next several turns getting anally brutalized until we all decide to scoop.
>>
>>55128081
why tas? He brings nothing of value to ramp and having eldrazi in the deck means delve and his ability are worse.
>>
>>55128193
Did you at least suck his dick?
>>
>>55128210
Only Sultai commander I have, plus I gotta use my Villanous Wealth for something
>>
>>55128227
Damia ain't expensive bruh.
>>
File: Gaddock Teeg_LRW.jpg (234KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Gaddock Teeg_LRW.jpg
234KB, 672x936px
Wanting to build hatebear tribal with pic related, any experienced anons care to tell me what I should expect? Please tell me its salty bitch tears.
>>
>>55128308
Creatures are really good anon. Look at your meta and you'll see what to expect. Either lots of noncreature decks and impotent rage or lots of creature decks and the impotent rage is yours.
>>
>>55128308
You're gonna get smashed in the ass if there's a bunch of gods in your meta.

>captcha: drill

Even the website knows it
>>
>Calling local Walmart and Target
>Nobody is stocking Commander 2017
>Stop at FUCKING GAMESTOP on whim
>They have exactly one deck, Cats
>Get it anyways

I mean, I preordered all 4, but Cats and Vampires are gifts to a couple of friends, and I want shit from both decks. I don't even care about Wizards.
>>
>>55128308
I had thought about Teeg, but I realized I'd get absolutely pounded because my meta is a Beatdown Special. I plan on running him in the 99 of Mirri
>>
>>55127564
with the new legendary planeswalker rule does that mean any plasneswalker can be a commander
>>
>>55128398
Is you retarded anon? Legendary CREATURES can be your commander. Elbrus couldn't be your commander before, and Ajani can't be your commander now. The exceptions are the C14 commanders that specifically say they can be your commander.
>>
>>55128339
>creature based decks in commander
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TIMMIES GET OUT
>>
>>55128379
We get a delayed shipment due to how our vendors work. Happens with everything except Standard releases, and even then it takes about 48 hours.

t. Wal-Mart worker
>>
>>55128398
Just being legendary doesn't mean it can be your commander. Otherwise,grab my Boseiju's.
>>
>>55128193
I had a guy do that same same with Elesh Norn, came up to my buddy and I just chilling. Ancient Tomb, Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Gilded Lotus, Mana Crypt. RIP into Helm of Obedience turn 1, all proxied. Congrats guy, you pubstomped Anax and Cymede and Jori En, good job.
>>
>>55128156
Yeah, it's really just "dump all giants into a sideboard on decked then decide a commander after I throw what I want mainboard" right now.
>>
>>55128440
>Ancient Tomb, Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Gilded Lotus, Mana Crypt. RIP into Helm of Obedience turn 1, all proxied.
>all proxied
>>
>>55128339
Fair points. I think I'll have a decent time with it, though there's one guy I won't really be messing up at all, but I'll take that for a chance to BTFO a Narset.

>>55128353
Thankfully my meta doesn't run gods as commanders, and there are very few in the 99 of their decks.
>>
File: Image-16.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-16.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I want to play a gay borderline cEDH reanimator Inalla deck.
I kinda want to stick into Wizards theme, tho. I'm thinking on going with 4 creature combos with Inalla and Ashnod's creatures, Dragon Mage and Magus of the Jar as targets.
I know a lot of people hates cEDH and I do too, but I'm running into many anal Kozileks and Gaddock that wants to rape my games into oblivion.
Can you guys help me out on techs and payoffs? I need "win the game" budget creatures and things that are not completely dead while allowing me to win with infinite mana, like buyback cards.
>>
>>55128473
God I feel like a retard typing on the cellphone in english, forgive my internacional autism, friends.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-neheb/

Any suggestions on what to cut? I've still got 8 to go.
>>
Have there been any enemy colour dual lands revealed for Ixalan?
>>
File: hnQFcyAOKq.png (1MB, 789x1109px) Image search: [Google]
hnQFcyAOKq.png
1MB, 789x1109px
Are there any recently released cards (not older than Theros) that would work as a cheap upgrade for the Feline Ferocity deck?
I'm going to buy Vampiric Bloodlust and just by looking at Ixalan spoilers I'm sure that I will have plenty of cheap cards to upgrade my deck soon - all these life-gain cards and tokens look great and I want to get them all badly but I don't want to start the arms race with my cat friend so we want to (and need to) keep our decks balanced
>>
>>55128529
Kitties from Amonkhet
>>
>>55128473
Inalla shipped with one of her best choices: Bloodline Necromancer. Wanderwine Prophets is a dubious 1-card infinite (though really you need something else to make it 'go' most of the time), and the other champion wizards (Changeling Berserker and Mistbind Clique) are of course combolicious. But I think you knew that already.
>>
>>55128529
Regal Caracel, Adorned Pouncer, and Pride Sovereign are amazing. Appeal to Authority and Prepare to Fight can be good too. Anointed Procession doubles tokens, which works with all of the cats above and a bunch in the deck (and Bloodforged Battle-Axe).
>>
>>55128440
LOL what an alpha
>>
>>55128529
His main problem with the precon is going to be consistent draw. Elemental Bond, Rishkar's Expertise and Nissa, Vital Force are all good options. Look to Shapeshifters for some padding if needed.
>>
How much grave hate do you guys usually pack? My group is pretty light on the graveyard shenanigans
>>
>>55128633
3-4 grave hate cards usually, graveyard recursion is pretty big in my meta
>>
>>55128633
What colors are you running? Black has Bojuka Bog, even better if you're in BG and can Crop Rotation into it, and also run Deathrite Shaman. In blue you can feel free to run a Trinket Mage package with Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, and Grafdigger's Cage.
>>
>>55128633
2-3 cards, usually. Ideally, it's something I can use on my own yard for a benefit, like Cemetery Reaper.
>>
>>55128633
I run about 2, but I've been meaning to do three. Maybe more.

Or maybe make getting them more reliable. I don't run tutors.
>>
>>55128675
I'd be in GW, so I'd have RIP and Wheel of Sun and Moon. I only worry about fucking myself over when I land a Sun Titan with nothing to recur
>>
File: Kess.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Kess.png
130KB, 223x311px
What's the best way to build pic related on a budget? Do I basically have to resort to infinites or what?
>>
>>55128700
Have you thought about Honor the Fallen?
>>
Um since Legendary planes walkers are a thing now, do you think we can use them as commanders?
>>
>>55128739
How many times are you going to ask this question?
>>
>>55127992
It's a very good card, especially if your commander has an activated ability. I think it's just older and slightly obscure so people don't know about as much.
>>
>>55128739
I'm getting tired of this already.
>>
>>55128714
Also any wincons? I think I could control the board quite well with her but do I just win with burn? Combo? Some big beatdown monster?

I usually play creature.dec so I have no idea how to play a spellslinger deck.
>>
>>55128225
>my hand's not that great hurr durr

Sounds like he was sucking his own dick just fine without anyone's help.
>>
>>55128762
>>55128802
Wait, someone actually asked this already?
>>
>>55128850
Like half an hour before you. >>55128398
>>
>>55128739

>This meme will never go away

Thanks Wizards
>>
>>55128850
And not just a half hour ago, but at least once every thread since the change was officially announced. And every other thread since legendary Jace was leaked people have been asking if legendary Planeswalkers could be a commander.
>>
>>55128850
no, you are the first one ever since jace being legendary was spoiled like 4 5 months ago who asked this. I need to ask, how did you come up with such an original question?
>>
>>55128739
With the rules of commander selection as currently written, no.

I haven't seen any indicating that they would change the rule.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/

How do I get more ramp into this? I keep having weird swings in the midgame where I explode but can't keep it up due to running out of fuel.
>>
can we use planeswalkers as commanders now?
>>
>>55129075
can you use Paradox engine as your commander because its legendary?
>>
>>55129075
Yes
>>
>>55129075
Can we use commanders as planeswalker now?
>>
>>55129075
If your friends don't let you, then stop playing with them and call then fags
>>
>>55129075
Yes, but only Tibalt.
>>
Is Aether Vial worth a slot in EDH decks? What about Chalice of the Void? I recently found both from a very old box of cards I found in my attic
>>
>>55129075
Well in theory at least five, possibly ten, but you have to transform a few....
We have to wait for more information from wotc beforeany more conclusions can be made.
>>
>>55129264
They're both staples in other formats that don't do well in EDH since your deck has a larger probability space and you can't plan around having a few specific cards in your hand. Sell them off to modern or legacy players and buy some better EDH cards.
>>
>>55129007
i'm not a fan of spellbook. reliquary tower and thought vessel are better. i'm not really sure what your decks plan is.
>>
What's some stuff that can tap down new Mirri if I need to keep people from attacking me? Stuff like Earthcraft
>>
>>55129301
Houldout Settlement, Springleaf Drum, Honor-Worn Shaku, Survivors' Encampment, Skysoverign, Consul Flagship.
>>
>>55129301
Cryptolith Rite.

>>55129292
Draw/tutor for Aetherflux/Psychosis Crawler, or fall back on an extremely jank infinite turn combo. Thinking about putting Deadeye-Drake in for infinite mana and then drawing the whole deck out with Lab Man.
>>
>>55129301
vehicles

also lots of things
>>
Is there a judge lurking in this thread?

Chandra's ignition makes my targeted creature deal damage to all other creatures and to my opponents, right?

Question: Does it bypass protection from a color sharing from my creature? What about protection from creatures?
>>
File: scale.jpg (19KB, 917x193px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
19KB, 917x193px
Well this is new. Anyone else seen this on tappedout?
>>
So can I use a planeswalker as a commander now.
>>
>>55129355
It's fucking stupid.

>put an extra basic in deck because I miscounted when punching it in
>deck goes up by 5% on the scale
>>
>>55129375
Oh my god shut the fuck up and read where 20 other people asked the same fucking question.
>>
>>55129264
aether vial is good in the right deck, and chalice is not as good. Locking out 1 or 2 might result in a bigger drop that normally isnt viable in other formats to take it out and enable the shenanigans you were trying to protect yourself from. A chalice on 2 stops cyclonic but it doesnt stop the ashen rider.
>>
>>55129349
L1 here
If the opponent or creatures the opponent controls has pro green and your targeted creature is green protection will stop the damage

t. No. it doesn't bypass
>>
>>55129342
i dunno the deck just kind of seems all over the place. there is some card draw but also some combat focussed cards. if you are gonna win through combos/resevoir i don't see why you need any combat oriented stuff? to me taigam seems best in a deck where you play huge impactful spells and protect him to keep things going.

getting a free disenchant doesn't really seem like a big enough upside. getting a free bribery seems way better. if you want more ramp look into mana doublers or infinite mana combos.

i also think you mana base is a bit wonky. i hate taplands. i generally run shocklands/checklands/filterlands and exclude taplands/guidgates/lifelands/bouncelands. i will sometimes use scrylands if the deck really wants to scry.
>>
>>55129349
Protecting will prevent all damage from any source that it's protecting against. The card itself will tell you what is dealing the damage, which in this case is the creature itself. So protection from creatures or any color that the creator is will prevent the damage.

Bonus fact - if the damage can't be prevented, like if you targeted Excruciator, protection wouldn't help.
>>
I'm rather new to MTG in general. I've played TCG's for most of my life, I really want to get into EDH. I've done a bit of research and I know I want to play a Saffi Eriksdotter (or Riku of the Two Relfection). The issue I'm having is finding a decklist that... feels right. If anyone has a decklist they could drop, that'd be cool
>>
>>55129443
Thanks judge.
>>
>>55129411
He's trolling, dude.
>>
>>55129522
i've been in your position. the best idea is to get a precon and just play a bit. it takes a while to figure out what works for you and playing is the best way to get there.
>>
>>55129349
Protection is damage attaching blocming and targeting. The ignition will ignore hexproof but protection from your creatures color will prevent the damage.
>>
>>55129520
Interesting. That makes adding skullcrack a bit more useful.
>>
>>55129522
If you have a friend that can lend you a deck, it is always important to be able to measure out how an EDH match works(some groups are very heavy on the politics games, others doesn't give a fuck), and more importantly, what is the powerlevel of your group.
>>
>>55129470
Aetherflux is the primary win condition. The idea is to use these cantrips to fuel its lifegain, due to most of them allowing me to draw an extra card and gain advantage when they're cast again. Crippling Chill, Gitaxian Probe and the like are now a delayed Divination. There are some bigger spells mixed in, and I've got some stuff like Time Stretch, Knowledge Exploitation and Talent of the Telepath set off in consideration. It's definitely got room to adapt, and you're right that the manabase is a tad clunky, but the cantrips and scrying really help it gel together and flex quickly.
>>
File: Possibility Storm resolves.jpg (81KB, 720x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Possibility Storm resolves.jpg
81KB, 720x1118px
>Getting Mycoloth and Sheoldred out at the same time in Mazirek
>X Saprolings with Y counters, which each get 3 counters more when my turn arrive, you to get X+(at least 3) saprolings more next
>That's without any sacrifice-outlets out
Barring Chaos-spells, what's the most confusing boardstate your deck can create?
>>
>>55129583
if i were you i would hone in on card draw and lifegain

consecrated sphinx, rhystic study, mystic remora, felidar guardian, serra ascendant, crested sunmare, sun droplet, test of endurance, beacon of imortality.
>>
File: mor-55-vendilion-clique.jpg (240KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
mor-55-vendilion-clique.jpg
240KB, 672x936px
>>55129686
This is my clique.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-sac-race/

Need help refining this decc for sunday, any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated
>>
>>55128110
>moderately played
>>
>>55129694
The deck does want a full hand, and there are times when I feel like I'm not getting quite enough from my spells. I don't think I can support consistent lifegain throughout the whole deck while keeping the rebound theme up, but i'll look into perhaps finding some incremental stuff. Probably mix in the bigger spells I have too, considering my CMC is under 3.
>>
File: tupac sniper.gif (137KB, 250x93px) Image search: [Google]
tupac sniper.gif
137KB, 250x93px
>>55129704
aint nobody care
>>
>>55128153
>not all near mint
>some of them are moderately played

It's not worth it anon
>>
>>55128714
>on a budget
Better buy now, she's going to be decent enough in legacy to support a price upwards of 20 USD
>>
>>55129758
Whats it like being 32?
>>
File: tupac dancing.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tupac dancing.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>55129816
Im 26
>>
>>55129744
you can do a slight increase in lifegain to help the resevoir. serra ascendant is a classic edh card.

>>55129726
i have a heavy sac deck. try out pawn of ulamog and skullsifter to keep things going.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>playing with some guys I hadn't played with before
>hit a guy early on with some utility dork
>"Now I'm going to focus on you the rest of the game."
>he's a man of his word
>he's the kind of player that doesn't announce what he's playing and keeps his lands in one big pile so you can't see them
>checking every box of being a douche player
>see him tuck a Kessig Wolf Run under his pile
>wasteland it
>hit his Gaia's Cradle with a Necrotic Sliver
>"why is that unlockable?" He snuck in a rogues passage.
>Target it with Ashen Rider.
>he grabs all his cards, gets up, and yells, "Yeah, I don't play with assholes who play land destruction decks!"
>mfw
>his friends keep apologizing the rest of the night
>>
>>55129537
You have any suggestions on precons? Thank you for the advice

>>55129578
2 friends I know of play EDH, and it's probably going to be super chill as we all play dnd together. Thank you for the help
>>
>>55129816
It's really not any different from your 20's.
>>
>>55129862
It's also $20. Nevertheless, some stuff like Student of Oujtai and Contemplation may be useful.
>>
>>55128832
Doomsday and storm are your friend. Or just deck yourself and labman
>>
>try to get my playgroup to increase the powerlevel for a year now
>almost everyone is a sulk and just goes for people who increase power instead
>new precons are all higher than the playgroups powerlevel, precon decks crushed everyones decks
Will things finally get better? Can I play real edh yet?
>>
Got the Wizard precon. Didn't know creatures could be that fun. What are some things I could use to upgrade cheaply?
>>
>>55130107
Take a moment after each game to offer ideas on what went wrong and suggest something cool they could do in place of the underperforming card (ex. "Oh, you could've played this card immediately if you played a checkland instead of this tapland, and gotten your big effect a turn early).

>>55130108
Flameshadow Conjuring and Impact Tremors for spicy memes.
>>
>>55130162
Flameshadow Conjuring looks spicy. Anything that bounces your own creatures for advantage?
>>
>>55128633
I'm fond of scavenger grounds for only taking up a land slot. Hits yourself too though, so watch out for that.
>>
File: get bent.jpg (105KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
get bent.jpg
105KB, 960x720px
>>55127564

What is a "Brown" deck?

I have brown sleeves, it used to be my colorless eldrazi deck, now I think it should be my pre-modern colorless deck....because they are actually brown.
>>
>>55130249
Colorless.
>>
>>55127564
I have a mono brown deck and have been playing mono brown for 7 years. I started with Ulamog the Infinite Gyre and switched to Kozilek the Ceaseless Distortion because he rewards you for playing tons of mana rocks and dumping your hand.

What's good about it:
-Every single one of your lands is a utility land which means you have access to lots of random extra effects in each game
-Your mana ramp can be insane
-Tapping/Untapping artifacts with Voltaic Key, Clock of Omens, etc. Build your own combos with many different pieces.
-Casting Gilded Lotus then tapping it in response to Mirrorworks' trigger and copying it.
-Cast the biggest baddest creatures in the game as quickly as possible and smash people.

What's bad about it:
-You can lose the game to a single nonbasic land hate card.
-Significant variance and few options for minimizing it.
-Drawing cards is hard without Kozilek.
-Very few playable instants (I only play Warping Wail) so you can't surprise people. Vedalken Orrery and Winding Canyons can fix this if you draw them.
-Explosiveness is so high that games might not be fun for opponents. There will be rare extremely fast wins with cards like Basalt Monolith + Rings + Kozilek or Sensei's Top.
-Annihilating people makes them not have fun. I still run Ulamog in the 99 for his cast trigger and power but I wish he just had trample instead. This is another reason to play Kozilek 2 over Kozilek 1. Kozilek 2 also kills faster if he can deal damage.
>>
>>55129522
I'd suggested getting used to real magic first and then try out commander after you're more proficient with the game.
>>
>>55130107
Careful, for most playgroups, once the ball starts rolling it turns into an arms race that quickly gets toxic.
>>
>>55130249
Artifact cards used to be poop brown.
>>
What's some good artifact ramp for a GW deck packing an MLD package?
>>
File: ayyyyyy.png (1MB, 1152x985px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyy.png
1MB, 1152x985px
Which one is more fun to play with?
>>
>>55127712
Not him, but that's a secret wincon for my karn deck, after they exile my voltaic construct, which may as only be around as a removal magnet anymore.
>>
>>55127699
>Modern is why Krark Clan Ironworks is expensive
It sucks when a format you know nothing about does this. It's a pretty degenerate unfun card though. In mono brown it is reasonable value with Spine of Ish Sah but mostly it just goes infinite.
>>
>>55130286
I've played plenty of real magic. But I've never really gotten "in" to the game
>>
>>55130348
I thought it was because of Breya?
>>
>>55130332
Yidris. It's actually playable.
>>
>>55130274
Also, my deck is 95% foiled or oldest printing so it feels good just to look through it. I'll probably never get a foil Grim Monolith to finish it off.
>>
>>55130225
You can do some funky stuff with bouncing one of your own Wizards with Baral's Expertise and replaying it for free, and Familiar's Ruse is a good option. I run it in a Newzuri blink deck to reset my Fathom Mage.
>>
Got to try out the Wizard deck today. I was surprised at how much I wound up enjoying it. Galecaster Colussus is an impressive card, pretty fun.
>>
>>55130225
Paradoxical Outcome
>>
>>55128110
Pretty good. I can't imagine you regretting any of those. Lands aren't the most fun cards to buy for most people but they are important and always useful if you play their colors.
>>
>>55130162
I do that, the response I usually get is "thats gay."
>>55130286
I know how it can be. Im not trying to start an arms race and everyone is a reasonable adult. The decks people are playing arent cheap budget builds either. I honestly have no idea and I just want to play bloodmoon and not have everyone scoop in response. I love cool interactions and its disapointing when one cards fucks the whole game because nobody has good cards.
>>
>>55128427
Thank you for the inside scoop.
>>
>>55128633
I usually use 1 card out of 100 and it rarely pays off but at least it is available.
>>
>>55130326
Crucible of Worlds + Azusa
>>
File: mayael.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mayael.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>55128457
I'd recommend Mayael the Anima as your commander. You get access to all the great white/red giants and their lorwyn support, plus green effects for all your big greatures, plus a few green giants.
>>
How would I search for activated abilities, let alone activated abilities that cost 3 or more?

In either Gatherer or Magiccard.info.
>>
>>55129771
>4 mana do-nothing creature
>5 mana for a creature and Lightning Bolt or a cantrip
I find this very hard to believe. Has something happened that made Legacy this slow? She has the perfect stats to stop Delvers but 4 mana is a huge amount and I'd rather play Jace the Mind Sculptor in a control deck that plays 4 mana spells. The spell-based Delver decks cannot play a 4 cmc spell, period.
>>
>>55130681
o:: on magiccard.info for activated abilities, which are always formatted as cost:ability.
>>
File: 1329984435956.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1329984435956.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>>55130628
Oh hey I think I have both of those

That's a good idea, thanks
>>
>>55130726
Grab a Ramunap Excavator too.
>>
>>55129522
I'll post my Saffi decklist tomorrow because she is my favorite general. Are you playing with real cards, proxies, or online? Buying straight into an EDH deck is aggressive and I think learning what kind of strategies or cards you like first is a good idea. Saffi is fantastic value and usually ends up winning through an infinite combo. I used to have her deck built to avoid infinite combos but it is hard to do ever since Renegade Rallier.
>>
>>55130734
I just traded for that, along with a Mindcensor and Vryn Wingmare

dis gon b fun
>>
What is GOOD self mill in Grixis? There's plenty of mill I could run, but I'd rather it not be garbage that only mills.
>>
>>55130848
Traumatize gets you halfway there
>>
>>55130848
Loot effects in general perform well. You may also be interested in the Chandras for wheel effects and Duskmantle Guildmage.
>>
>>55130774
Like I said before, I've done some research. After looking at quite a bit of generals, playing with some friends, and watching some videos, I decided I liked the idea of abusing cards like Ashnod's Alter for insane value.
>>
>>55130848
Thought Scour cantrips and mills.
>>
>>55130663
Fair point.

BUT GIANTS
>>
>>55130909
Yeah, since it is Mairsil, I might stick in a Merfolk Looter or similar.

>>55130935
Sure, but surely something like Fact or Fiction would be better at that point, right?
>>
>make fun casual jank deck
>tappedout's new casual<->competitive slider tells me it's 92% casual
>have a chuckle, it's more like 100% casual with Cyclonic Rift
>tab over to more competitive deck I'm brewing and hit refresh so I can see what it says
>93%
well fuck
>>
>>55130107
How low was the power level that precons stomped it? Did you have a lot of 3 hour games with stalemates on the board?
>>
>>55130225
Equilibrium and Cloudstone Curio
>>
>>55130848
Buried Alive, Compulsive Research, Thirst for Knowledge, FoF, Monastery Siege, Compulsion
>>
>>55130930
Understandable. This list is 2 years old but it's a fantastic explanation and decklist: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/589214-death-to-llurgoyfs-the-saffi-recursion-deck-part-2

Renegade Rallier and to a lesser extent Cataclysmic Gearhulk are the two best new cards for her deck that I can think of after that list.
>>
File: 1350436819646.gif (19KB, 691x543px) Image search: [Google]
1350436819646.gif
19KB, 691x543px
>>55131041
>tappedout's new casual<->competitive slider
>>
File: Bananman delving in pleasures.jpg (103KB, 1024x620px) Image search: [Google]
Bananman delving in pleasures.jpg
103KB, 1024x620px
How's Gitrog in Tasigur?
>>
>>55131379
You'll need to be running a few more lands in general to support him. His draw can be nice, and if you've got anything that already cares about lands in the yard, such as Titania, he an slot in well. You might even want to add in a few cycling lands to double up if you're looking specifically to tutor for him some games.
>>
which cards should I add to the dragon precon so that its faster? I know its card draw and ramp but Im in 5 colors so I dont know what I should be adding. any recs?
>>
>>55131562
Tek
>>
>>55131562
Elemental Bond, Rishkar's Expertise, Chromatic Lantern/Darksteel Ingot, Read the Bones, Ugin's Insight, Frontier Siege.
>>
How to use Training ground I impulse bought
>>
>>55131889
Slivers.
Scarab.
Memnarch.
>>
>>55131889
Tasigur Anti-Archenemy.
>>
File: 1446531318371.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1446531318371.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Look what came in the mail boys.

-1/-1 jank tribal HERE WE COME.

feel free to post your spicy skeleton tech nest of scarabs is not spicy tech
>>
>>55132022
Is resetting Undying spicy? It's got to at least be like pepper.
>>
>>55132037
there aren't many good undying ETBs sadly but I'll probably stick in a mike eventually
>>
What are some cheap combos for Marisil?
>>
>>55132022
Geralf's Messenger + Intruder Alarm
Turn to Frog/Polymorphist's Jest
Mistform Mask + Faces of the Past
>>
>>55132345
Mistform + faces seems kinda shit but you reminded me thornbite staff exists so I think I'll just grab that instead.
>>
>>55132373
Oh yeah, forgot about Thornbite. Need a sac outlet for Messenger + Alarm also.
>>
File: 1477273172810.jpg (32KB, 460x328px) Image search: [Google]
1477273172810.jpg
32KB, 460x328px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-hate-you-you-hate-me-lets-tie-narset-to-a-tree/

R8 my h8 m8s
>>
demonmail hauberk. worth putting into inalla as another sac outlet or is it completely stupid?
>>
>>55132557
Dumb, have all of your sac outlets be instant speed unless the payoff is YUGE (Sad Hippy)
>>
>>55132600
alirght. Another question, what legendary creatures are worth putting into inalla despite her antisynergy with them? Im thinking about leaving azami and kess in the list.
>>
File: 1468474874281.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468474874281.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
WHY CAN'T I FIND THE CASUAL/COMPETITIVE SLIDER? I WANT IN ON THE MEMES TOO, GOD DAMN IT.
>>
>>55132639
Venser, maybe? Have the clone bounce the original?
>>
>>55132660
oh yeah, I forgot about counting venser since he bypasses the antisynergy with inalla
>>
>>55132671
6 mana for a recurrable softcounter/Boomerang that splinters further with Panharmonicon and triggers Impact Tremors/etc. sounds pretty good.
>>
>>55132639
Vela could work, and both would trigger off the copy dying.
Vendilion Clique and Venser trigger even though their copies will die.
>>
>>55132639
Run Xenograft/Conspiracy/that new card from Ixalan.
Now you can benefit from Kokusho/Keiga.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I don't usually play Magic but we're getting in to Commander in our office so I'm giving it a shot.

I have a boner for minotaurs so checking how Mogis ranks as far as commanders go
>>
File: 1503451464921.jpg (8KB, 221x156px) Image search: [Google]
1503451464921.jpg
8KB, 221x156px
Would Young Pyromancer work in a token deck like Marath?
>>
File: IMG_7203.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7203.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>55128308
That would get salty bitch tears in my group easily

Paired with for maximum ass pain
>>
>>55132791
i guess, but with keiga, thalakos deceiver is putting int a ton of the same work with less setup.
>>
>>55132819
I'm not sure that works, because while Aura bumps up the cost by 2, the CMC printed on the card still stays the same, doesn't it?
>>
>>55132815
How many of your token cards are even noncreature spells?
>>
>>55132815
Holy shit, it's been a long time since I saw the /s4s/ nuts.
>>
>>55132800
Mogis isn't great for Minotaurs (Neheb, the Worthy is better), but Mogis is pretty fun. He's better for a grindier playstyle - keep the boardclear of threats and build up utility enchantments like Phyrexian Arena, Burning Sands, and Citadel of Pain to turn on Mogis' devotion. You can also run an instakill with Worldgorger Dragon, ways to dump it (Entomb, Buried Alive, Corpse Connoisseur), a revival enchantment (Animate Dead, Necromancy), and an enter-the-battlefield burn effect (Sunscorched Desert, Pierce Strider, Impact Tremors, Dragon Tempest, Purphoros, Gray Merchant)
>>
>>55132841
None actually and I've got five creatures that make tokens.
>>
>>55132868
>Burning Sands
Jesus
>>
>>55129949
He sounds disabled
>>
>>55132913
Burning Sands
Tempt with Vengeance
Hunted Phantasm
Sylvan Offering

Or just use Burning Sands to punish people for playing aggro.
>>
>>55131006
Well, there is an oversized Mayael card.
>>
>>55129949
I mean mass land destruction is for super spergs who think extending the game by half an hour is fun but wasteland? Really? He got mad about one land?
>>
File: IMG_4997.jpg (70KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4997.jpg
70KB, 265x370px
Looking to build this as my first simic deck, mostly tribal merfolk. Any recommendations?
>>
>>55132885
I don't think Pyromancer is the guy for you.
>>
>>55132840
correct.

t. mizzix player that always have to explain cmc of X spells on the stack
>>
>>55133081
Run Kydele in the 99. Great ramp in conjunction with Tishana. You can either go for value with lots of creatures and effects like Elemental Bond, or focus on going as wide as possible with mass-token effects.
>>
File: jace.jpg (47KB, 326x460px) Image search: [Google]
jace.jpg
47KB, 326x460px
With the new Jace being legendary can you have him as a commander?

And rules before satte that you can't have the same kind of planeswalker in at the same time, for example you can't have cahndra, torch defiance and chandra nalaar out at the same time. Is this rule gonna go away since you can have more jaces out at the same time now?
>>
>>55133154
>With the new Jace being legendary can you have him as a commander?
Can you have Karakas or Hammer of Purphoros as a commander?

>And rules before satte that you can't have the same kind of planeswalker in at the same time, for example you can't have cahndra, torch defiance and chandra nalaar out at the same time. Is this rule gonna go away since you can have more jaces out at the same time now?
Yes.
>>
>>55133154
No the rules say only legendary creatures can be commanders, not planeswalkers! Well yes some planeswalkers are okay but uhh
>>
>Bought an Invocation Austere Comman for $24 two weeks ago
>It's up to $50-60 now

Man did I luck out hard.
>>
>>55129274
Wotc has nothing to do with the rules of Commander.
>>
>>55133154
Commanders must still be creatures.

Your pic related suggests that Ixalan will probably be accompanied by the removal of the Planeswalker rule, along with all older walker cards being errataed to be legendary
>>
File: Image.png (151KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
151KB, 223x311px
Imagine what would happen if they printed a non legendary creature but wanted it to be playable as a commander. They would probably add a shitty line there about it being playable.
>>
>>55133179
>It's up to $50-60 now
Why?
>>
>>55133185
>Your pic related suggests that Ixalan will probably be accompanied by the removal of the Planeswalker rule, along with all older walker cards being errataed to be legendary

That was confirmed alongside the official spoiler.
>>
>>55133214
Normal copies haven't spiked, so it's nothing to do with the card itself. Somebody probably noticed it was cheap enough yet scarce enough to be vulnerable to a buyout.
>>
>>55127712
Don't you also need something like Krark-Clan Ironworks to make that combo work?

If you just rely on the Legendary rule to destroy them, then the Nexus that remains will just cancel your extra turn.
>>
>>55133115
Awesome, thanks! Any ideas for wincons other than lab man?
>>
>>55133301
Other Maro-type cards like Overbeing of Myth, that reward you for having a fat hand. Winning through just having more advantage (lots of cheap, efficient creatures, flash either inherently or through Orrery, mana dorks + Seedborne/Murkfiend) and slowly stomping face.
>>
>>55129743
I buy damaged :^)
>>
File: 165[1].jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
165[1].jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>55133254
There are all sorts of ways to sacrifice an artifact.
>>
>>55133340
Yeah, I was just making sure I hadn't missed something.
Might add that to my Breya deck.
>>
Is an EDH deck truly ever finished?
>>
>>55133427
No. EDH is the farthest you can get from a solved format.
>>
>>55133504
is that a challenge? as in a challenge to find a less solvable format. my bets are on mental magic
>>
>>55128529
The easiest way to upgrade this deck is to remove most of the nonbasics and add basics. A two-color deck doesn't need 17 lands that come into play tapped.
>>
>>55130332
The Derevi precon is absolute trash. It's trying to do multiple things at the same time and none of those things are good.
>>
>>55133525
I bet they got too worried about having both Jedit and Jareth in the same deck.
>>
>>55133081
My recommendation is to be absolutely sure that you want to play a general that costs 7 mana.
>>
File: untaidake, the cloud keeper.jpg (242KB, 1287x959px) Image search: [Google]
untaidake, the cloud keeper.jpg
242KB, 1287x959px
aaaaaaand we're off!

this shit is fucking retarded, i hope all the "investors" burn
>>
>>55133555
It wouldn't have killed them to add Brushland. I was planning on buying all the C17 decks like I did with C16 but the lists are so disappointing that I'm just picking up a few singles instead.
>>
>>55133607
Kamigawa block has the weird position of being a low selling set during a time when a lot less people played so there just aren't as many cards out there.

Also,
>blaming anyone other than Wizards for card prices
>>
>>55133634
>blaming anyone other than Wizards for card prices

You still very much should. A shitty market isn't a justification for the shitty people exploiting it.
>>
My main deck is Sharuum/Sydri infinite combos.

Which color combination allows for big dumb plays that ease my playgroup after I combo off?

Naya? Mono red? Green? Eldrazi brown?
>>
>>55132652

you need to have updated your deck within the last week or however long the casual/competitive meter has been a thing
>>
>>55133654
Maybe something that's powerful but fragile, like Zada.
>>
>>55133653
When Wizards can reprint anything they want at any time and no card costs them more to produce than any other, it's all on them. I'm not saying I like the people who treat Magic as an investment opportunity, but when there's room in anything for people to make money, they will.
>>
>>55133210
That would be stupid. I'm actually disappointed to hear that they still don't allow planeswalkers to be commanders despite removing a uniqueness rule that has applied to them since their debut.
>>
>>55127564
>Thread Question
One guy I know used to have Carn as his general. It's one of the nastiest decks I've ever seen, able to easily lock games out in two or three turns. That guy left the game for a while and took it apart, though once he came back he built Brago since he enjoys playing stax so much
>>
>>55133781
>I'm actually disappointed to hear that they still don't allow planeswalkers to be commanders despite removing a uniqueness rule that has applied to them since their debut.

Planeswalker decks are cancer
>>
File: EEEEEEESOHAPPY.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EEEEEEESOHAPPY.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>55130273
>>55130310

Ah, figured but wasn't sure.

I have Brown & Matte Clear. I've been wondering what to do with my brown sleeves as the clear matte definitely fits my colorless EDZ deck more, but I'm so damn in love with pre-mod artifacts.

Perfect, poop.dek it is.
>>
>>55133781
Fuck off
>>
>>55133781
plansewalkers don't even deserve to exist
>>
>>55133251
Glad to hear that. Was thinking about buying one.
>>
Are the monuments from Amonkhet any good?
>>
>>55133596
Is it that bad?
>>
>>55134111

Not that guy, but a 7 commander won't get cast many times, so have one that impacts the board a lot with the first cast
>>
>>55133988

I crack them, want to like them, but never really use them. I put Ugin and Karn in my EDZ deck but even then, hardly used, if at all.

I stopped playing around Mirage and thought how much sense it made that Planeswalker were commanders. You cast it to use it.

Still think it makes more sense.
>>
>>55134295
I should be able to ramp into it fairly easily as I'm playing green, right?
>>
File: EDH4LYFE.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EDH4LYFE.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>55133596

> 7 is too much

Heh...k...
>>
>>55134051
yes they are solid additions, reducing the cost of creatures of that color(includes multicolored) and has some ok effect on cast
>>
>>55134334

His conditional card draw merfolk ain't no Ulamog, my mono nigga
>>
>>55133781

They should just print a Nicol Bolas planeswalker that can also be a commander, so "that" guy can be easily recognized in a group
>>
>>55127564
Thread question: I play an Emrakul, the Promised End deck. It's surprisingly efficient. Just need a couple more expensive rocks to finish it off.
>>
File: Image.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
145KB, 223x311px
Can this go in a mono black deck?
>>
>>55134410
reminder text doesn't count as manasymbols

(yes you can put it in mono black)
>>
File: treasuremap.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
treasuremap.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
please don't be standard staple, please don't be standard staple

please be $0.25
>>
File: rip.jpg (4MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
4MB, 2448x2448px
So what are the best draw/cycle cards I should be running in this? Already have buried alive/entomb, wheel of fortune, intuition, etc. Wondering if there is some other shit? Cause it seems to me this should be like a self mill control deck that just combos off.
>>
File: decreeofannihilation.full.jpg (65KB, 244x350px) Image search: [Google]
decreeofannihilation.full.jpg
65KB, 244x350px
>>55134542
counter this
>>
>>55134588

But mairsil plays around that card pretty well.
>>
>Pour hours of work into my Marath deck
>43% competitive
>Shit out a Sidisi, Undead Vizier deck in an hour
>78% competitive

What is this meme nonsense
>>
>>55134487

Maybe Treasure Map plus Winding Constrictor? Looks pretty hard to make Treasure Map work. It is just 1 mana per turn though.
>>
What are the best engines to reusably give creatures +1/+1 counters in monoblack? I want to abuse my persist creatures in a reanimator deck.
>>
>>55134651
It's 1 artifact that creates 3 additional artifacts

I just hope nobody understands it's powerlevel
>>
>>55134648
Yeah I don't get that scale at all
>>
>>55133607
>can just buy ancient tomb for 10 more $

Come on now, this is just stupid.
>>
>>55134328
The only planeswalker I really like is Ugin, because he's a boardwipe all-star in my Karn deck. Otherwise I'm not a huge fan of them, at least not the newest ones. Personally I think the Lorwyn Five were fine, because they didn't do gross shit like the current ones do
>>
>>55130274
I like to see others with colourless decks, I run a Karn deck and find it very uneven at times, I tend to get a load of ramp and nothing to cast, or a hand of massive stuff I can't shift.

I love that every land does something, which is good as there are very few instants and sorceries, but I hate Wave of Vitriol. I hate filling some of my land slots with Wastes in case some green player (my girlfriend) wipes out my table.

Given the explosive ramp of the deck there is some affordable card draw, Mind's Eye, Tower of Fortunes, Dreamstone Hedron... Seers Sundial I've never been sure about, I've taken it in and out of the deck many times.

The only thing I'm after now is a Metalworker. I'm wondering if I should just stump up the cash and buy one, as it'll probably not come down and if someone does a buyout their price will soar and never come back. Obviously I'd like a Mishra's Workshop but I'll never realistically own one. Damn reserve list.
>>
>>55133607
For god's sake. I don't even know where mine are, time to raid the jank pile.
>>
>>55134957
Do it. Metalworker is absolutely fucking insane.
>>
File: Apocalypse.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>55134622
I run both that and Pic Related in my current Mairsil brew. I've also got several victims he can cage to phase out (possibly along with another permanent or two). It seems like good fun.
>>
>>55134979
>have metalworker lying around
>tfw no idea what to do with it
>>
File: Isochron Scepter.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Isochron Scepter.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
What's the sickest thing you've put on a stick.

>HARDMODE: Since the rulechange.
>>
>>55134957
Metalworker is worth getting and you should be able to find him for about 20 bucks. It's very good in any artifact deck.

Foils cost about 250 which is brutal. It's almost Grim Monolith-level.
>>
>>55133607
>TFW grabbed four of the suckers when the sheet leaked
I should probably sell them and make a tidy profit but honestly I'm just happy to have them.
>>
>>55135019
Illusion of choice to turn Voting.dec into absolute madness.
>>
File: 44.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>55135019
Pic related with some mana rocks was pretty fun.
>>
>>55135019
Hymn to Tourach or Smallpox
>>
>>55135027
They'll probably crash again soon, people are just going nuts
>>
>>55135076
>hymn to tourach
>smallpox
>instants
>>
Young Pyromancer or Ogre Battledriver for Marath?
>>
I just read the new rule about planeswalkers, do this mean I can use them as my commander now?
>>
>>55135128
Can you use legendary lands as commanders?
>>
>>55127564
I built like 70% of a Karn deck way before wastes were a thing

I never played it because I realized how expensive it was going to be to finish it and sold all the cards
>>
So my c17 set came in the mail yesterday but when I started looking up upgrades basically everything I wanted had price spiked to like $30 or more. Seeing as I payed $120 for the whole set should I just sit on these decks and wait for them to go up and sell them? I want to open them up and play with them but I just doesn't seem like a good idea when all tribal stuff costs more than the sealed precons.
>>
>>55135070
That on an Isochron with a Paradox Engine and some rocks out is horrifying to behold
>>
File: Commander 2017 c17 vampire.jpg (85KB, 869x509px) Image search: [Google]
Commander 2017 c17 vampire.jpg
85KB, 869x509px
Should tricolor decks bother with big black mana? Im on the fence, I dunno wether this guy would work with a Revenant, a Caged Sun and stuff like that. Does he work better if a take all the mana doublers out, and even out the colors?

here's the deck btw: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eddies-party/
>>
>(((stores))) haven't shipped the Sisay and Galina I ordered on Monday
And yet the speculators get all the blame. The stores probably cancel their orders too so they can relist and the new price.
>>
>>55135262
Do you even need a Paradox Engine at that point?
>>
File: 41.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>55134986

I guess I dont need friends

Already have this, what else should I grab?
>>
File: 62531.jpg (42KB, 230x310px) Image search: [Google]
62531.jpg
42KB, 230x310px
>>55135334
Investors and Stores deserve each other, please burn in a pile of dead cardboard.
>>
>>55135292
Probably, yes. Seems like you are hindering yourself. Caged sun is only really good in mono coloured decks, atleast in my opinion.

Also ixalan is going to introduce some sweet white vampires and a b/w sorcery that gives you three 1/1 vamp tokens. Could also add anointed procession to make edgars effect even better.
>>
>>55135382
That art is so fucking cool

Reprint when I know it's on the RL
>>
>>55135444
Disregard the last part, you already have it, I overlooked it.
>>
File: 691945461.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
691945461.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
What's your choice for a meme mono black general? Don't really fancy Maralen or Skithiryx, and Gonti grew stale, so I just want a shitty 4spooky6me brew. Already own Kuro, Sidisi, Geth, Lim-Dul, Greel, Evincar, Sheoldred, Endrek, Drana and Kotophed
>>
>>55135506
Volrath
>>
File: horobi.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
horobi.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>55135506
>>
>all these merfolk in ixilan

its like my birthday! my sygg river guide deck wants almost all of them. i hope we get a WUG merfolk commander as well seeing as there are apparently green merfolk now but i doubt it will happen
>>
>>55135334
>The stores probably cancel their orders too so they can relist and the new price.

If they do this, email them telling them that they're greedy assholes who just lost another customer for a measly $20-30 gain
>>
File: Image (3).png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).png
133KB, 223x311px
>>55135506
>What's your choice for a meme mono black general?
Yahenni is fantastic
smokestack.deck is my favorite and Yahenni is a good enough replacement for braids and miles better than drana who I was running previously
>>
>>55127564
>Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck? What is good or bad about it?
no but in the past turbo og kozi made appearances at our game store
it was waaay better than our decks at the time but then again I was playing vorosh the hunter at the time
>>
>>55135596
Do you mean OG Drana? People seem to have thing for new flavor of cheap value commanders

>>55135553
>>55135536
Seems good, but would require a huge order of cheap garbage to build around

Is there any support for Skeleton tribal?
>>
>>55130332

yidris is fucking fun

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-20-entropic-uprising-upgrade

followed this and the deck pretty much stomps my playgroup if they don't gang up on me

can't wait for their precons to meet the kalitas stax i've been brewing
>>
>>55135365
Mist Dragon and Vodalian illusionist are fun.
>>
>>55135725
>>55135725
>Is there any support for Skeleton tribal?>>
Shirei, I guess
>>
File: 151.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
How would youbreccomend building this guy?
>>
>>55135763
Punisher with some stax elements.
>>
New Thread

>>55135784
>>55135784
>>55135784
>>55135784
>>
>>55135763
group slug and stax
>>
>>55135763
Stax with some extra Group Slug/no Fun Allowed on the side
>>
>>55135725
>OG Drana
yeah i mean once you get to mid game she is an absolute HOUSE (kill your blockers then kill you best removal in the game) getting there can be a problem though and thats why I dumped her
>>
>>55135763
as a different commander desu senpai
hes just not impactful
Olivia Voldaren and Kaervek the merciless are both much better at playing the game of death by 1000 cuts
>>
>>55132022
blow fly infestation
necroskitter
midnight banshee
>>
>>55135734
Kalitas stax, with a healthy slice of voltron, is the meanest shit ever made against creature metas.
>>
>>55133030
To be fair, it was three lands, treo of them were removed with destroy/exile any permanent effects. But nobody should be at all surprised if those particular lands get removed.
>>
>>55133719
They can't actually though, because the secondary market is here to stay and if you upset it too much shit will explode. Why do you think Modern Masters 1 was such a small print run? They didn't want to risk a Chronicles 2.0 moment
>>
Why the fuck is some bullshit kamigawa land twenty bucks
>>
>>55135019
My opponent put a Cyclonic Rift under it turn 2 and I stole it with Dack, for what it's worth.
>>
you can't even overload it, what's the point

honestly Snap is spicier. effective 0 mana repeatable bounce
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.