[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 51

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SKNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>55071390
>The_Dragon_Civil_War__Causes_Clashes_Consequences.trid
>Dunkelzahn__The_Untold_Story.trid
>Hestaby_Sex_Tape.sim
>Dragon_Telesma_Offer.aro

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 4029 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, got a job offer by some Dr. Agon.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hestaby_Sex_Tape.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Dragon Edition
Have you broken the sacred rule and actively dealt with a dragon (especially a great one)?
Or has a dragon forced you to deal with him?
>>
File: BMW Teufelkatze SR5.png (657KB, 890x611px) Image search: [Google]
BMW Teufelkatze SR5.png
657KB, 890x611px
So I'm looking through rigger 5.0 and I see the BMW Teufelkatze and It hink that's a really cool car that I want but it's has a F rank availability which makes it a pain in the arse to get.

How would you houserule getting a vehicle without certain standard equipment (in this case the flamer being what I assume is what drags the avail up to a F ranking)?
>>
>>55103857
>him
Them.

All dragons produce eggs, and any dragon can incubate them.
>>
>>55103857
Of course I have. That rule is for newbies who don't want to streak it big or don't know how to handle simple requests.
>>
File: Dealing With Dragons.jpg (181KB, 498x483px) Image search: [Google]
Dealing With Dragons.jpg
181KB, 498x483px
>>55104271
>>
>>55103947
>it's has a F rank availability which makes it a pain in the arse to get
The number - like the 12 in 12F or 12R - is how hard it is to get. Something that's 16F is exactly as hard to find as something that's 16R.

The difference is that you can buy a (fake) license to own something R. Something that's F always counts as illegal, no matter what licensing you have.

Now, maybe that just means your vehicle isn't road-legal, and you'll get a minor citation (or need to pay a 20 nuyen bribe) whenever the cops pull you over for speeding. Or maybe it means that it's milspec tech that'll land you a two-digit prison sentence for owning it as a private citizen.

But all that F means is that you can't buy a license one way or the other.
>>
>>55104315
Would you really deny Lofwyr knowing he can easily fuck your shit up if he takes offense?
>>
>>55104357
that's why you shouldn't ACTIVELY deal with dragons, as in seeking them out
if the dragon approaches you you basically have no choice
>>
>>55104357
Yes, because accepting puts you in a position to get your shit fucked regardless. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for they are greedy and unpredictable in striking against dragons' pawns.
>>
>>55104453
Suicide is the ultimate choice, Anon.
>>
>>55104473
Accepting at least insures if you do get out alive you will be set for life or get something worth losing your life for.
>>
>>55104512
There is no 'getting out'. There's temporary reprieve of unknown duration and certainty.
>>
File: Fun-E.png (29KB, 758x527px) Image search: [Google]
Fun-E.png
29KB, 758x527px
>>55104512
>if you do get out alive you will be set for life
No, it means you get what was promised, and have to watch over your shoulder for the rest of your life. The dragon isn't going to be your sugar daddy, but the people you wronged in it's name have no problem hitting you with a car bomb in 20 years to send a message that they don't forget.

>get something worth losing your life for.
You don't get anything worth dying for. The dragon's convoluted machinations progress one iota, which they are happy to trade your life for, but there is nothing the dragon wants you to do that is worth dying for.
>>
>>55104351
>Now, maybe that just means your vehicle isn't road-legal, and you'll get a minor citation (or need to pay a 20 nuyen bribe) whenever the cops pull you over for speeding.
Everything F rated is at least police confiscation grade items, in theory. In practice, cops are still human and susceptible to corruption.
>>
>>55104351
Well I really just want a civilian version of it.

Because I really don't want to deal with a F ranked vehicle.
>>
File: 1493311366242.jpg (89KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493311366242.jpg
89KB, 679x960px
>>55104724
The point of it is that there is no civilian version of it; it's police/corpsec-grade vehicular nastiness. Get a Roadmaster if all you want is a big armoured van with lots of space for people.
>>
I did one time kind of make a deal with a dragon, but it was in an absurdly goofy homebrew setting and in no way similar to how a dragon would act. It ended up being a wacky races-style competition where I won 20 mil, but in return to "monkey's paw" the deal(read: not a problem in the slightest) around half the population of the US state we were in we're instantly killed. I bragged about getting the high score for death count for the rest of the game.
>>
>>55104868
This art concerns me.
As far as I know samurai used two type of swords.
Long sword katana and short sword wakizashi.
This one however just have 2 long swords.
>>
File: 1449728937758.jpg (88KB, 441x850px) Image search: [Google]
1449728937758.jpg
88KB, 441x850px
>>55105460
Sword and backup sword. No time to sharpen it in the middle of the fight, but he's got a lot of people to stab.
>>
new book when?
>>
>>55105802
Or when his buddies need a Katana, he has a spare to hand out.
>>
>>55104724
Have you tried Dodge Goliath ?
Its more expensive but the bonus is restricted rating,the gun ports, shooting while standing up and the 4 FlashShields at the side give you armor even when the doors are open for entering/exiting.
Probably my favorite vehicle
>>
File: 4782[1].jpg (83KB, 350x488px) Image search: [Google]
4782[1].jpg
83KB, 350x488px
I know about most of the german stuff, but is there a repository of books and/or adventures in other countries? I know Jeux Descartes made a lot of semi-official products in french, for example.
>>
>>55104724
>>55106145
OR and alternative
Get Teufelkatze
Slap spoofed chips, morphing license plate, chameleon coating and enhanced image screens
Slave it to a deck/RCC and run Wrapper
Make it look like some legal model
Now you can use it in your everyday life but be wary of more thorough checks
>>
>>55105804
TCT was a hot mess, they're gonna be focusing on errata'ing the shit they're willing to cop to, first. Street Lethal is next up, I think. Sammy expansion book.
>>
>>55107091
And maybe a new matrix book with maybe a TM chapter
>>
>>55107202
A new matrix book that is 75% short stories. :^)
>>
>>55103857
>Have you broken the sacred rule and actively dealt with a dragon (especially a great one)?
>Or has a dragon forced you to deal with him?

I've been playing Shadowrun for nearly fifteen years.
So yes to both of these things.
>>
>>55104223
They identify as male and female though, as only certain genders can LAY said eggs.
>>
>>55105460
Samurai only used two types of swords after the Sengoku Period ended and the entire samurai class became superfluous as they didn't work and couldn't hold down jobs but couldn't fight for nearly 250 years of controlled peace.
Before Hideyoshi Toyotomi made that rule up a samurai was basically like being a knight; you could get promoted to being one or even just claim you were one and own a sword and nobody said fuck all about it because hey, who were they to challenge a guy with a sword?
>>
>>55105804
Why would you even fucking WANT a new book? The last FOUR releases for SR5 have been consistently absolute fucking garbage.
>>
Our party dealt with a dragon because one of our characters is a drake, and the 'promise' was that they'd be freed if they did a 'small favor'.
>>
>>55105804
>>55107440
>IRL Shadowrun to steal ownership of the IP from CGL and give it to a company that isn't complete dogshit when
>>
>>55107535
>drake
>getting free by working with a dragon
ahahahahahahaa
thats some seriously bad decision making omae
>>
File: 1487904244999.jpg (156KB, 900x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1487904244999.jpg
156KB, 900x1044px
>>55107440
Forbidden Arcana and Cutting Aces both have merit. Complete Trog had a couple high points but a lot of lows. Only Book of the Lost is a complete writeoff.
>>
>>55107606
FA and CA are both great. The Full Nigger is a terrible book, and Book of the Lost reads like somebody at CGL took a bunch of valium, fell asleep, had a 'brilliant idea', wrote it down while still half asleep, and then published it without proofreading.

Court of Shadows is the same way.
>>
>>55107535
Did he keep it or was the drake screwed over?
>>
>>55107664
>>55107603
well, he was 'freed' in the way that the dragon stopped treating him as property... But of course, it didn't work out, since the dragon recorded several shady things the drake (and everyone else) did on the run, and is now using it to blackmail them.
>>
>>55103857
Played a drake adept of, as my character said, "Uncle Dunkle". Raised by the Foundation but trained by a lesser dragon in how to fight & talk & all things dragon-y. Only got one session into the game before the DM flaked. So i never has to actually deal with a dragon, but my character was all tied up in that side of things
>>
>>55107722
Was he bummed out or livid as hell?
>>
>>55107431
Or even two swords. Twice the nobility!
>>
Heya chummers, reposting from last thread - what's better, one point of bone lacing or two points of orthoskin? My biocompaitible sammie/riggers other mods are Auto Injector, Hand of God, Wired Reflexes 2 (omegaware), Reaction enhancers 3 (omegaware), Cybereyes 1, Control Rig 1. Taking the Orthoskin will cost me the autoinjector, so goodbye jazz whenever I want it.
>>
>>55108688
Orthoskin is pretty bad in general, honestly. Get the lacing.
>>
>>55108734
Orthoskin is not bad at all. It just is less nuyen efficient than bone lacing and doesn't give a side perk/drawback. You in general would always want both.
>>
File: EucIfYY.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
EucIfYY.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>55105802
>>55106110
>>
>>55108688
i assume you mean plastic bone lacing so go for it
But have you considered getting Siemens Cyberspine ? Its Wired Reflexes 1 + Reaction Enhancers 1 + Plastic Bonelacing+Vitals Monitor rolled into one. I know not quite as powerfull as your WR 2 and RE 3 but its upgradeable without you having to uninstall the whole thing and get a new one. Fully upgraded its equal to WR3 and RE3.
Less bang out of chargen but much bigger room to grow
>>
>>55108734
>>55108897
Cheers. I prefer my reaction enhancers honestly - Part of the theme is that my character has a tonne of shitty implants that cause her chronic pain and nervous problems. It's part of her "tragic present" deal.
>>
Hey chummers, been out of the loop for a while. I started skimming over The Complete Troll. Seems like the consensus here is that it is shit. Could somebody give me the cliff notes so that I don't waste my time reading through it?

Also what happened to NeoNET?
>>
File: acid.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
acid.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
I'm trying to use chummer5 but everything I do causes the program to crash, help.
>>
>>55109064
She has given up on her dreams to focus taking care of her manchild lifepartner & her kid
>>
Hey, I'm looking to run a 5e homebrew for Shadowrun. I've got the rulebook, Run & Gun, Run Faster, Street Grimoire, Data Trails, Chrome Flesh and Forbidden Arcana. Are there any other important sourcebooks I need/am missing?
>>
>>55109077
Stop breaking it.
>>
>>55109077
What do you mean with "everything I do"?
>>
>>55109122
Rigger 5

>captcha: einaudi 1272
>>
>>55109154
Well, so far the only two things I tried were changing options and trying to create a new character. Options is fine until I press OK, creating a new character is fine until I go past the Build Method window at the very beginning.

I've tried running it as admin and Japanese locale (who knows), I'm about to double check to see if Malwarebytes isn't fragging with me
>>
>>55109064
>>55109089
Disregard the NeoNET question, turn s out it's more CFD debacle. With Boston's quarantine, NeoNET's HQ is fucked, and every little company that's part of the mega (Novatech, Transys-Neuronet, Erika...) is bailing out.

>>55109122
Rigger 5.0 if you have a Rigger, and I would argue that you can cut Forbidden Arcana out of that list if you are not completely familiar with the base magic rules and Street Grimoire.
>>
File: 1362403931329.jpg (25KB, 333x347px) Image search: [Google]
1362403931329.jpg
25KB, 333x347px
>>55109193
>Japanese locale (who knows)
?????????????????????
?????????????????????
?????????????????????
?????????????????????
>>
File: 1349799_large.jpg (151KB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
1349799_large.jpg
151KB, 940x528px
What's the average force of a wild toxic spirit that you could encounter in the SOX or the north sea?

How strong would you make your mana barriers of you had to take up residence in one of those places?
>>
>>55109193
Annon this is not some fucking VN
Download new copy, delete the old one. in options only toggle books and turn your antivirus(especially if its AVG)
Come back again if its not working
>>
>>55108760
For the nuyen and Essence cost, you're almost always better getting a partial cyberlimb and putting armor and misc utilities in that rather than getting Orthoskin. The only Soak 'ware it out performs is Dermal Plating.

It's bad.
>>
>>55109077
Chummer 5 is crashing every time I try to buy the Improved Reflexes power, so I feel your pain.
>>
>>55109250
Too high, not strong enough. Spray everything down in FAB and GTFO ASAP.
>>
So i know im a faggot for doing this but what is the best 'ware to get as a mage with prototype metahuman?
>>
File: 1500443343405.png (508KB, 740x833px) Image search: [Google]
1500443343405.png
508KB, 740x833px
>>55109292
After reinstalling about three times, last one being the latest Nightly build, and just selecting all books and picking options normally without letting the program restart itself, I think it worked. If I let chummer restart to apply certain options it will crash again, but at least now I can [probably] create a character
>>
>>55109432
Pain Editor
>>
>>55109432
What's your Archetype? I'm fond of Nephritic Screen and a drug gland, but I'm not the type of faggot that plays Awakened with PT.
>>
>>55109432
>So i know im a faggot for doing this
A massive faggot, in fact.
>>55096557
>>
>>55105460
Samurai also didn't typically wear hoodies or sneakers, what's your point?
>>
Should I buy Forbidden Arcana?
>>
>>55109613
No. Don't buy CGL books.
>>
>>55109649
Let me reword.

Is Forbidden Arcana worth acquiring and reading?
>>
>>55109664
Kinda. Not really. It has some neat ideas that they managed to fuck up.
>>
>>55109664

I found parts of it alright. The part of blood magic and how pervasive in that it isn't a tradition on it's own, but a part of other traditions I thought was interesting.

Gives some really good ideas, like a blood magic using Christian Theurge
>>
>>55109166
>>55109200
Sorry left out rigger 5.0. Is that all of them then?
>>
>>55109382
Orthoskin is .25 essence per 1 soak, which is the same rate as bone lacing which is .5 essence per 2 soak.

If your optimizing soak you get all of them of course, but the order of operations is Limbs, Lacing, Ortho, because while Orthoskin is slightly worse value than Bone Lacing that doesn't mean a lot when the actual meaningful cost is identical.

>The only Soak 'ware it out performs is Dermal Plating.

That is because soak 'ware is generally amazingly efficient. Again, Bone Lacing and Orthoskin have identical essence efficiency, and their price difference is extremely minor, it is only around .2% of your starting resources.
>>
>>55109408
Get the nightly builds.
>>
>>55103947
English name for that is Jeep Trailblazer by the way, chummer.
>>
>>55111099
That's what broke it. I'm going to try a clean install tomorrow.
>>
File: Degenesis_Marauder.jpg (589KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Degenesis_Marauder.jpg
589KB, 848x1200px
What mentor spirits would postapocalyptic speed junkie wizards who battle toxic wasteland shamans follow?
>>
>>55107091
>they're gonna be focusing on errata'ing the shit they're willing to cop to, first.
CGL stopped properly or fully errataing their shit basically after the Run and Gun errata.
>>
>>55107431
Tsurugi's need more love. I mean one is part of the imperial regalia of Japan (and presumably a high-ass weapon focus in Shadowrun)
>>
>>55107650
>>55107606
FA lets my Adept counterspell for the team as a Metamagic, which is nice mostly because there really needed to be more attractive options other than "More PP pls".
>>
>>55111481
>the Run and Gun errata.
what happened?
>>
>>55111474
Berserker, Bear, Thunderbird (best choice IMO)
>>
>>55111569
Nothing. It's just the last time they put out a decent and thorough errata, and oddly enough did more and better than they did for the core book in some regards. There's still a bunch of garbage in the corebooks that's either contradictory or superfluous.
>>
File: spce_skulls.jpg (3MB, 2254x1500px) Image search: [Google]
spce_skulls.jpg
3MB, 2254x1500px
Man I love the shadowrun universe and read almost all the game books so far. However, It is such a daunting task to actually play it seems. I have never played and my friends don't want to play. They are put off by fantasy races shooting guns and having cyber shit and what not.

One thing I wanted to ask though.. why would you make a street samurai? It seems kind of stupid when you think about it. It seems like you have to gear yourself up to the point of low essence too in order to be effective? Maybe I am looking too much into it?

What do most street samurai do? I wouldn't mind playing as one I guess but I would have a hard time finding more to do besides just shoot people. It also seems like bioware stuff is way better than cyberware stuff?
>>
>>55111673
>It seems like you have to gear yourself up to the point of low essence too in order to be effective?
That's the initiative arms race, and it hits everyone. Adepts also spend the majority of their starting power points on nothing but the sweet, sweet initiative dice. Anyone who doesn't do it with either ware or magic has to do it with drug addictions like Jazz, or doesn't deal with meatspace and pumps their matrix initiative big time instead. After that you get to armor which is also available in pretty damn high ratings pretty easily and things like bursts able to hit you with a -9 to dodge. Basically there's a whole lot of reasons you need to go whole hog on a bunch of stuff because of poor balance and pretty much everyone who wants to be effective has to join the arms race.
>>
>>55111673
>why would you make a street samurai?
Because you need a guy that excels at Physical things (mainly fighting)

>It seems like you have to gear yourself up to the point of low essence too in order to be effective?
Yes, but having low essence isn't too bad as long as it's still positive

>What do most street samurai do?
Since they need fairly good stats for fighting they are also good when it comes to physical stuff (climbing, running, carrying, etc.) and stealth (due to their high AGI and them being able to put a LOT of tools into themselves)

>It also seems like bioware stuff is way better than cyberware stuff?
They have their niches.
Cyberware is generally more robust, cheaper in nuYen, easier to acquire, can do electrical stuff well (such as signal processing or communication) and can give some nice bonuses through Capacity.
Bioware is able to heal, cheaper in Essence, hard to notice and can do chemical/biological stuff well (such as enhancing normal functions)

It depends on where you set your priorities
>>
>>55111673
Less essence cost, vastly more expensive, not always strictly better. Muscle replacement does both AGI and STR, the bio equivalents only do one. Also the whole reason you end up with such low essence at creation is because 'ware is already ridiculously expensive so you have to get low grade 'ware that kills your essence even harder, so bioware squeezes your resources even more.

>What do most street samurai do?
A street samurai has the title "Samurai" due to their sort of multi-purpose combat nature. Primarily he is the guy with the nice adaptable gun, usually like an Assault rifle. Now he isn't your Heavy Weapons guy, but he has enough AGI and a point in Throwing weapons to lob grenades accurately. Now he ain't your face either, but he's got maybe Intimidation, maybe Con to be able to do one kind of talk at least. He's got some tools on him for the most basic of a variety of tasks and maybe he's got a melee weapon to fall back on with a point or two or a specialization invested.
>>
>>55111673
Street Samurai is sorta a misnomer because the role has evolved to mean something more than a character who fights using melee and a code of honor.

Street samurai are the experts of the physical realm of shadowrun, as much as a face is a master of the social or a decker the master of the matrix. It is their job to supremely dominate "traditional" aspects of crime such as violence and skulduggery to the point it transcends the traditional.

Samurai primarily focus on their agility, with intuition generally also taken high. Reaction, Body, and Strength are tertiary stats.

Because samurai tend to sit at 9 agility, they aren't actually the lunkheads you associate with combat PCs in other RPGs. They are more akin to a rogue-fighter hybrid, than a fighter from a D&D game, they tend to be extremely skilled in Palming, Lockpicking, Perception, Gymnastics, and Sneaking. This means they are good at both picking traditional and electronic locks, hiding weapons and picking pockets, perceiving hard to notice details, climbing sheer vertical surfaces multiple stories in a few seconds, and most importantly stealth, which is of great importance because it is THE skill a samurai uses to contribute when they aren't in direct conflict.

A samurai with 9 agility and 6 ranks in sneaking is superhumanly stealthy, they are basically on par with Batman or Sam Fisher in terms of avoiding detection, the second you lose sight of them they are gone, and because almost every security sensor, from ultrasound to cameras, is really a perception test on a stick opposed by stealth, there are very few places samurai can't sneak with complete impunity.

A big mistake new players make when making a samurai is overfocusing offensive dice. While offensive dice are great, defensive dice are what allow a samurai to truly be safe in combat compared to other party members who just use assault rifles to secure 1 hit kills just like you. Agile defender is god tier.
>>
>>55111807

What is the consequence of low essence? I was considering street samurai but I don't want to go full "GO AS LOW AS YOU CAN GET WITH ESSENCE BUT NOT BE A CYBER ZOMBIE" tier.

Also, where is a place I Can read some good shadowrun fiction? Are there like.. books or some shit?
>>
>>55111673
>One thing I wanted to ask though.. why would you make a street samurai?
To be good at killing shit.

Yes, and?

>What do most street samurai do? I wouldn't mind playing as one I guess but I would have a hard time finding more to do besides just shoot people.
Street Samurai tends to have really good Agility (Shooting people) and Reaction/Intuition (Initiative, Dodging). Strength and Body often too, but those are much less useful outside of combat.

Agility lets you be really good at physical stealth. Ninja shit. Sneaking around, picking locks, pickpocketing, and so forth. Invest in those - if your Agility is already fantastic, you don't need a tone of points to be good.

Reaction makes you good at driving cars, boats, planes, etc. You can use that to your advantage.

And Intuition makes you really good at all different kinds of Perception, meaning you're great at casing places, spotting things, eavesdropping, sensing motives, detecting lies, and so forth.

All of that combined means you're the guy to sneak around, tail people, pick pockets, eavesdrop, case joints, and stakeouts before a run, shoot shit during a run, and then drive the getaway car after the run.

When there are equivalent cyberware items, the cyberware tends to be cheaper and offer a bigger bonus, while the bioware tends to come at a lower Essence cost. Bang for your buck? Cyberware. Low profile? Bioware.
>>
>>55111953
>What is the consequence of low essence?
Your Social Limit gets slightly lower (I'm talking 1 or 2 points max) and mages take a similarly small penalty when trying to cast spells on you - including healing spells.

Basically, there's almost no penalty to speak of.
>>
>>55111953
There's a great storytime but I don't know about the books.
>>
>>55111953
>Consequences of low essence.

Magical healing is less effective.
Social limit is down by a point or two.
Cyberpsychosis is a bit overblown as a concern, so it's not a big thing.
>>
>>55111932
Electronic Locks (especially MagLocks) require Hardware tests by the way... so, not necessarily if you're just an AGI monkey.

Identifying Samurai as someone who "fights using melee" is also not entirely correct. Yes, they had a code of honor, but they were expected to be skilled archers, horsemen, poets and calligraphers and athletes, which is closer to what they do in Shadowrun.

>>55111953
Low essence means lower social limit, less effective magic (including healing) on you, harder First Aid/Medicine checks on you. That kind of thing. Most people don't even know about the First Aid/Medicine part, but its -1 for every 2 points of essence lost, which generalls means -2. Incidentally the same -2 applies for patients who are awakened or emerged.
>>
>>55111953
Essence at low ratings in most people has absolutely no negative consequences.

In most people.

If your mental stats, especially charisma, are really low however, too much 'ware makes you really creepy, nuking your already low social limit to the point you will hit your max often enough just on 4 dice to roll.

However, there are many mental illnesses and physical complications that might, and the key word here is MIGHT, manifest once your essence becomes low enough, that are all in the Chrome Flesh book. If you want to play a perfectly nice person auged to the gills with 5.99 points of essence lost with no mental or physical health issues so to speak of you can just say that none of those medical complications cropped up for you and make sure to take a charisma that isn't potato tier (I am talking like... just be average at 3) to avoid the creep factor.
>>
>>55111958
>>55111970

I see.. now when it comes to how the world perceives a street samurai with low essence how is that taken into account? Like if I am a security guard, why would I let a person who is CLEARLY cyber wared out of their fucking mind(but not a zombie) into this business structure that has sensitive information in it?

Thats just an example. I remember reading stories from other players basically saying how street samurai had to basically wait in the van until the shooting starts because its too obvious you are a cyber'd up killing machine with transhuman armblades in every limb.
>>
>>55111996
>Electronic Locks (especially MagLocks) require Hardware tests by the way... so, not necessarily if you're just an AGI monkey

They do not. All relevant rolls for picking maglocks (AKA not using disguise or a stolen copied keycard) are done via lockpicking, not hardware.

Relevant rules are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwK6p6xLFlI3WDFKaEJpQWtnTzA/edit
>>
>>55111953
>Also, where is a place I Can read some good shadowrun fiction?
The Harebrained Shadowrun Returns series of games.

>Are there like.. books or some shit?
Yeah, but you said you wanted something good, so...
>>
>>55112017
Depends on if they notice. Are you going with obvious cyberlimbs? Or is most of your stuff internal like wired reflexes or bone lacing?

Most people won't notice or care as long as you're not blatant and rubbing it in their face.
>>
File: 1441824803216 - 2D Storytime.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1441824803216 - 2D Storytime.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>55111953
>Can read some good shadowrun fiction?
>>
>>55112027
>but you said you wanted something good, so...
So you pointed him toward Is0bel :^)
>>
>>55112042

thats what I was getting at. If you are cyberwared out.. do you always want the subtle stuff? or otherwise to relegated to being the "van thug"?
>>
>>55112042
Also get some licenses. Not to mention a lot of the "No you have to wait in the van" stories come from fucking lunatics that don't know half the shit they're doing themselves.
>>
>>55112017
>I see.. now when it comes to how the world perceives a street samurai with low essence how is that taken into account?
If they don't have a cyberware scanner, and your 'ware isn't obvious to the naked eye, how would they even tell?

>Like if I am a security guard, why would I let a person who is CLEARLY cyber wared out of their fucking mind(but not a zombie) into this business structure that has sensitive information in it?
As long as the scanners register that they have a legal license for it (or rather, assuming the fake passes) then they'll barely even flag. There are tons of legitimate reasons to have high-level 'ware in Shadowrun. This is a setting where Mad Max biker gangs dressed as scarecrows shoot at commuter traffic for giggles, dog-sized packs of rats will try to kill you in the parking lot, and whether or not you live next to a nest of infectious zombies is taken into account for your property values. Packing a heavy pistol and some wired reflexes is totally understandable, as long as you're licensed to do so.

>Thats just an example. I remember reading stories from other players basically saying how street samurai had to basically wait in the van until the shooting starts because its too obvious you are a cyber'd up killing machine with transhuman armblades in every limb.
In general, the street samurai is going to want to focus more on the physical aspects of the run. Scaling the building, sneaking like a ninja, shooting, driving the escape car, that kind of thing. But honestly, if they've got the stats and the skill points, there's no reason they can't be great at all kinds of shit.
>>
>>55112086
Social infiltration is not your job. You have a job, and your job comes up in 99% of runs at some point. You're not going in during daytime to meet the CEO, that's the faces job. But you're the first into the building during the night, because you're the guy that caps the security guard that would stop you.
>>
>>55112086
You can have obvious stuff. It's not that unique. Just get fake licenses for the Restricted shit.
>>
>>55112109
Hell, you could probably go in to meet the CEO with the face. It is just no one but your team knows that your also attending that meeting, picking pockets for comlinks to give the face more info, swapping key cards, ect.

A team who has someone who is basically able to be undetected at will, who is able to instantly kill or knock people out silently, and who can find anything, steal anything, and get anywhere, and respond to that person by saying "Go wait in the van stoopid samurai" is a team that is truly shit at shadowrunning.
>>
>>55112142
>be undetected at will, who is able to instantly kill or knock people out silently, and who can find anything, steal anything, and get anywhere
That's the samurai's job, basically. Physical infiltration, thievery, stealth, recon, and killing.
>>
>>55112142
You're really overplaying the stealth capabilities here, or rather underplaying the detection capabilities of security and people, but yes as long as you have licenses and a reason to be there (and maybe a face to hold your leash to make you not look as scary) you can go a lot of places. And otherwise you shoot the people that wanna stop you from going places you wanna go.
>>
>>55112066
The best to ever do it. America-san lives on in our hearts. ;_;7
>>
>>55112177
>You're really overplaying the stealth capabilities here, or rather underplaying the detection capabilities of security and people
He's really not. Most places don't have nearly enough sensors set up to detect a properly-sneaking samurai, and those that do get them hacked by the decker because teamwork exists.
>>
Is it possible to be a decent rigger but not use drones? I hate the "game of drones" style of gameplay that seems to be lucrative to riggers. I would much rather have like 1-2 suped up vehicles than a bunch of drones. Is that a dumb idea though? Also, to the people who have played riggers.. how do you become more than just the getaway driver? I am fearful of simply being put into that position all the time and only that position. If I would be doing other stuff, then great.. but just being a driver sounds kind of like ass?
>>
>>55112177
15 stealth dice will beat a guard's perception dice 85% of the time, before any sort of penalties from distraction, noise, or distance comes into play. It is easier to have even higher dice than that using reflex recorders, catlike, stealth suits, and RPC.

As long as you have decent edge you can pretty much go undetected at will.
>>
File: ms.png (63KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
ms.png
63KB, 300x150px
>>55112215
>>55112187
Eh, there's proper sensors and detection methods for a lot of stuff, not to mention astral, and at the very least sensors like pic related will still force you to slow down and turn your Wired Reflexes against you.
>>
>>55112235
>turn your Wired Reflexes against you.
Oh god, a 3 dice pool penalty. How will I ever succeed.
Oh right, with my 15 dice I already have!
>>
>>55112197
>Is it possible to be a decent rigger but not use drones?
Sure. Get Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers for the Reaction, get a Control Rig for the Threshold-reduction and additional dice, and then trick out a car with armor and a gun. You'll be a second-rate street samurai during most of the run, shine like a neon light during the driving segments, and be able to use your car to provide indirect sniper fire from out in the parking lot.
>>
>>55112275
Right, even if we accept the fact that having metal legs doesn't make you worse at sneaking (but wearing plasteel toe boots does) according to CGL, your dice pool doesn't save you on everything.

A Pressure Pad doesn't care about your Sneaking dice pool. You hit the perception or you step on it (with your considerable cyberweight) and then it's REA + INT to snap back off if you finally notice, except your Body (hope you don't have bone lacing) acts as a penalty.

Then there's of course MAD scanners, which, while they can't find your weapon if you got the metal parts removed via the modification, can find your 'ware. And of course Cyberware scanners directly, which also don't give a flying fuck about your sneaking pool and just roll a tiny threshold based on your ware.

Stealth DIES when things have direct line of sight/effect to you unless you have a lot more things to mitigate it than a high dice pool. Skimmers could help you against the pressure pad for example, if you spot it, maybe with help from an attention co-processor.
>>
>>55112235
A samurai can turn off their 'wired as need be, and getting 3 hits on a sneaking test with a -2 or -3 isn't hard to do nearly all the time. Furthermore an interesting dynamic with motion sensors is that by their nature they are shitty way to protect an area that has any amount of movement in it to be expected, so a samurai slowing down isn't the end of the world.

Astral forms will not be able to consistently beat your stealth (Its been confirmed you can sneak against them in the errata threads on the forums, however poorly explained it has been in the books) or will be so visible physically you will know to avoid them.

Cameras are literally just perception tests on a stick, only as good as their operators.

I am not saying samurai can actually like... ghost everywhere, but the idea that a samurai ever needs to sit in the car is comical and stupid and betrays a profound ignorance to the game. Just because "Everyone has some sneaking dice" doesn't mean anything, 15 sneaking is so larger than 8 or 11 that it may as well be an entirely new skill with new applications.
>>
>>55112332
>but the idea that a samurai ever needs to sit in the car is comical and stupid and betrays a profound ignorance to the game
I totally agree, and I said before that the "get in the van" shit usually comes from clueless lunatics, I just found the ease of stealth to be a bit exaggerated here, especially with reducing it to basically having AGI. You need a lot more than that in terms of stats, skills and especially equipment, beyond 'ware aswell.
>>
>>55112318
>perception
>REA + INT
A samurai is going to be amazing at both of those pools.

>MAD scanners
>Cyberware scanners
Are going to be positioned at major checkpoints and nowhere else. That's what the decker and/or fake licenses are for, depending on whether you should officially be there in the first place.
>>
>>55112364
I mean sure, there is a lot more going into it.

I just feel its more important to emphasize "Yes! You can do the thing!" over all else because of how down in the dumps a lot of new players feel about the utility of combat specialists due to other RPG lines making them dumb oafs.
>>
>>55112373
>A samurai is going to be amazing at both of those pools.
REA + INT - BOD, friend. Troll Sam with Bone Lacing? Uh-oh.

>>55112373
>That's what the decker is for
Yes, but then that's what the Decker is doing, with thousands of Nuyen in equipment and skills, not your Sneak dice pool.
>>
>>55112394
>Yes, but then that's what the Decker is doing, with thousands of Nuyen in equipment and skills, not your Sneak dice pool.

Nyeh that sorta feels like saying the face can't do social infiltration if the decker helps out a lot by doing legwork or the samurai steals ID badges and stuff to forge.
>>
>>55112408
You're talking about what the Sam can do and where he can go, so you can't just say "oh you can do that" with (((if the Decker does his job))) somewhere off to the side, because the Sam can't do it by himself. But that's okay, because obviously there's teamwork and a lot of people value the Sam specifically for his skills.
>>
>>55112394
>Bone Lacing?
Bone Lacing only adds to your Body for Soak, not for any other purposes. But yes, the troll (with an Augmented Reaction of 11 and Intuition of 5) will probably be dropping his dice pool down into the single digits. Still probably going to be fine, but much riskier.

You know, when a place even has pressure sensors. Which won't be most places.

>>55112421
>you can't just say "oh you can do that" with (((if the Decker does his job))) somewhere off to the side
That's like saying you can't say that mages can do something unless you specify that they can only do it because the Street Samurai is keeping them from being shot. The default assumption is that your teammates are doing their jobs correctly. When they aren't, everyone's ability to perform gets limited accordingly.

If the decker isn't looping sensors and providing Matrix security to devices, if the mage isn't watching for spirits, if the street samurai isn't keeping his teammates from getting shot - of course everyone's going to be struggling to do their jobs.

You're starting to make really dumb, nitpicky, semantic arguments that show more that you don't understand the conversation that was being had than anything else.
>>
>>55112475
>You're starting to make really dumb, nitpicky, semantic arguments that show more that you don't understand the conversation that was being had than anything else.
And you're starting to make ad hominem attacks :^)

I figure when a guys question was "why would you play a Street Sam" and "What does a Street Sam do" focussing on the things they personally do was perfectly appropriate.

Oh also Augmented Maximums are +4, and a troll's basic REA max is 6, aswell as 5 INT. This thus assumes things like taking qualities to extend maximums, maxed out 'ware for thousands of Nuyen for essence reasons, tons of karma invested into attribtues since you cannot have more than one at max during character creation, etc.

So what you're representing here are extremely fringe min/max cases that assume months of previous play or near limitless resources rather than speaking at all to the average experience the initial outset of the query was. But feel free to call my arguments nitpicky and semantic. for pointing that out.
>>
>>55112539
>Oh also Augmented Maximums are +4
Reaction Enhancers specifically stack with Wired Reflexes for up to +6. That's their Wireless Bonus. A samurai can have Reaction 5, +6, for 11.

>But feel free to call my arguments nitpicky and semantic.
Your arguments are nitpicky and semantic.
>>
>>55112539
>So what you're representing here are extremely fringe min/max cases
And you are assuming fringe cases of public spaces that contain pressure sensors, motion sensors and regular Cyberware scanners, so it cancels out
>>
>>55112559
>public spaces
Never mentioned public spaces.

Usually don't need to stealthily infiltrate public places, because they're public.
>>
>>55112539
You're talking about pretty fucking high end security setups, so it makes sense that anyone Running against those facilities would have some pretty high end 'ware.
>>
>>55112558
>Reaction Enhancers specifically stack with Wired Reflexes for up to +6. That's their Wireless Bonus. A samurai can have Reaction 5, +6, for 11.

Not the person your fighting, and I agree with you more than them, but your wrong there. They just get to stack with wired, but don't actually break maximum.

Nothing in their wireless bonus allows them to break max, it just says they may stack with wired reflexes, which normally completely disallow any stack with any reaction bonus.
>>
>>55112591
>Nothing in their wireless bonus allows them to break max

>and the total Reaction bonus from both systems can be above +4 if both systems have wireless active
>>
>>55112591
Person he's fighting with here, no, he's right, it says it can go above +4 for those two systems if wireless.

Running wireless lets any Radiowave detector find your 'ware though, even if a Decker is running your PAN.
>>
>>55112585
Wired 3 + Reaction Enhancers 3 costs 5.9 essence if taken at standard grade.

Possible, and you can save essence by using higher grades, but you're getting into some real high Nuyen territory here, and then the question remains... where's the essence you need for that 9 AGI coming from at that point? As I said, very min/max cases even if you're dealing with high end runs. You'd need stuff like Prototype Transhuman, Compatability, Adapsin and even then you're pushing the limit on what your essence can do and how much Nuyen it really costs, and how obvious you start becoming with your bleeding edge 'ware.
>>
>>55112581
>Never mentioned public spaces.
I definitely wasn't talking about shut-off installations
Most spaces that people are working in will have a cyberware scanner at the entrance and cameras in the areas. Only special secure areas should be having motion sensors and pressure sensors, which will mean that in these areas you'll be looking for them and be able to move around them

>>55112605
the bonus may be higher than +4 but the augmented max may still not be surpassed
If you had REA 3 then you could reach REA 3 (9) with it, but with REA 5 you'd still be limited to REA 5 (10)

>>55112614
Internal Router?
>>
>>55112656
>the bonus may be higher than +4 but the augmented max may still not be surpassed
The augmented maximum is your current natural score +4. We're talking about 5e, not 4e. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>55112656
>Internal Router?
It's not a matter of data security. Radio signal scanner/Bug scanner sensors pick up on wireless signals going anywhere at all, even running silent. If your device is turned on, it can be tagged, same for the router.
>>
>>55112656
>First, when purchasing augmentations such as cyberware and bioware, each attribute rating (Mental and Physical) can only receive an augmentation bonus of up to +4.
Your augmented maximum is just your normal score +4. Letting it break the +4 means you ignore the augmented maximum, full stop.
>>
>>55112042
>obvious cyberlimbs
Hell, just get a shirt with big sleeves, gloves, and Hammer pants or a hakama or something and nobody will really notice unless you've stuffed them full of Bulk Mods.
>>
>>55112854
I honestly wish CGL had made non-obvious cyberware the expensive stuff but the super obvious ones dirt cheap so cyber characters could actually afford to take higher grades and get something out of their essence.
>>
File: 15828638.png (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
15828638.png
12KB, 200x200px
>>55112891
>CGL
>ever doing anything nice for mundanes
Chummer, stop with the Deepweed

>captcha: permanent assis
>>
>>55113060
>Chummer, stop with the Deepweed
Only if you stop with the "muh mundanes" (especially when Cyber as fuck) memes. Magic isn't that coddled, and 'ware is so fucking much better off than Technomancers. They're the real losers.
>>
>>55113112
>'ware is so fucking much better off than Technomancers.
chummer, EVERYONE is better off than TMs
SINless hobos sucking dick for soyburgers are better off than TMs
>>
>>55112854
What is the concealability effect of a big-ass cultist robe, anyway?
>>
>>55113142
I think TM is probably the most glaring piece of proof that CGL has very little idea about some of the most central issues a matrix character faces. Like mastering their team's PAN.

Also just stuff any character faces, such as having some actual initiative when you can't take cyberware.
>>
File: 1461302115572.jpg (270KB, 1024x1852px) Image search: [Google]
1461302115572.jpg
270KB, 1024x1852px
>>55108897
>Siemens Cyberspine

Is it worth it allowing German rulebooks at my table? We're considering a new batch of characters, and it seems the German rulebooks have some cool things going on, but none of us sprechen ze Kraut so I don't know how we'd pull it off.
>>
File: dx_hr_screenshot_hideout_fight.jpg (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dx_hr_screenshot_hideout_fight.jpg
607KB, 1280x720px
>>55103857

I'm hoping yall can find a very specific image for me.

Its an edited screenshot of Deus Ex Human Revolution of a firefight. But with a ton of ads present as part of a hud.

I know this thread has had that image a few times. So i thought this was the best place to look.

If it helps, this is the original un edited screenshot.
>>
My players are such fucking pussies about magic. "Hurr its hard to learn I just want to dakka". The munchkin rolls up with .05 essence Sams that clear entire rooms with Obvious Cyberdong SubmachineGun and the Rigger just bumps a line of Nova off his Doberman. I like this game.
>>
File: 219e34k.jpg (65KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
219e34k.jpg
65KB, 800x450px
>>55113739

Incidentally, the moment i posted this image, i found it. Sorry to bother you all.
>>
>>55113739
I've never actually seen this unedited pic before.
>>
File: Edgy.jpg (156KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.jpg
156KB, 373x327px
>>55112421
>(((if the Decker does his job)))

Good job fucking it up, faggot. Go pretend to be a Nazi somewhere else.
>>
Where the fuck do i find the rules for augmented maximums? I can find the page anywhere. Text search does nothing. Lots of things reference it but i cant find it.
>>
>>55113900
But anon, AntiFa are bashing the fasc! :^)
>>
Just a lil info to add to the pastebin; the 1992 movie Sneakers would be a good addition to the list. It's as shadowrun as Ronin, Heat, or Oceans Eleven. And has a lot to do with technology and corporate/government power.
>>
File: Zeno.pdf (73KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Zeno.pdf
73KB, 1x1px
Hi /srg/, this is my first time ever making a character, I'm excited to see you guys tell me how badly I fucked everything up.
>>
>>55114366
I typically expect Sniper Rifle (or any similarly forbidden physical piece of equipment but especially Sniper rifle) to be paired with a competent Sneaking skill.

You have a solid pair of contacts, your Street doctor has the Connection level that a diligent GM will use to generate runs.

I think if your campaign goes more than 3-5 runs, unless your GM is silly with rewards you'll find yourself strapped for cash with regards to getting a better cyberdeck and a reasonable lifestyle and a vehicle.

Also, no reason to not own a vehicle unless you run in NYC or one of the players is your runner's live-in Sigfig.
>>
File: ursula.jpg (221KB, 998x561px) Image search: [Google]
ursula.jpg
221KB, 998x561px
How do you do something like take someone's voice for future personal or magical use?
I want to be a right PROPER witch.
>>
File: Pershing_II_on_EL.jpg (335KB, 2075x808px) Image search: [Google]
Pershing_II_on_EL.jpg
335KB, 2075x808px
Am I missing a bit of lore to Shadowrun or do nuclear weapons still hypothetically work in it? To my knowledge the only use of nuclear weapons in the setting, aside from in bug city, was an Indo-Pakistani war. It states that two explode on the "launchpad," which would mean that it's probably poor electronics in the detonator that caused the bomb to go off. Two others detonate successfully in Kashmir though, with no odd effects.

Is the "nukes don't work" something that came in later, or is it just headcanon?
>>
>>55114572
You be a spirit making spirit pacts, a character concept that uses rules that don't exist and does not fit at all into a Shadowrun group. Or play a different game.
>>
>>55114588
They work, but not reliably.
>>
>>55114552
>unless your GM is silly with rewards you'll find yourself strapped for cash with regards to getting a better cyberdeck and a reasonable lifestyle and a vehicle.
Someone told me the Tsurugi would be good enough to last me awhile, should I be concerned?
>>
File: Toxic Shaman Barrel.jpg (237KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman Barrel.jpg
237KB, 1280x960px
>>55114588
Nuclear reactions are weird. Canonically there have been a few that have gone off (Libya being slagged by Israel is the other big one you forgot), but generally the output is below what would be expected in the 5th world. They work, but they're second-best at anything you would want to use them for. No real point unless you want to make a toxic zone.
>>
>be me
>be prepping for main plotline of campaign to begin
>alternate timeline where CFD and the new matrix protocols never happened
>Have players having to deal with a Neurolingusitic/Matrix virus that creates shambling "zombies" out of lightly augmented mundanes and weak electrokinetics and awakened, and turns heavily augged mundanes, ETKs and awakened into "lieutenants" of the conspirators, who are a dozen or so Winternight leftovers who want to conquer North America and turn it into their own consciousness-free, Norse playground
>mfw i just accidentally combined Snow Crash and the White Walkers/Others
>>
>>55114588
They work mostly. Sometimes they're smaller or larger than expected. Somehow strategists in the 6th world still haven't realized the simple fix is to just get two warheads onto any target you want to be sure is gone.

They're also a little obsolete with THOR shots being a thing, but only Ares and SK have those.
>>
>>55114625
What do you mean by that?
If you're referring to Pakistan's nukes blowing up while in the boost phase, that's not really possible without being an electronic error. It's sort of hard to make a nuclear weapon just go off, as they're typically not even armed until they're just about ready to airburst.

>>55114649
To that end, why not just employ larger nuclear yields in your weapons? For example, use 1mt warheads in place of 500kt, 100kt instead of 50kt, etc.

>>55114687
What's stopped anyone from using them ever? Texas getting its shit pushed in by taco indians never thought to use those tactical nuclear weapons they had stockpiled to force a ceasefire? Or California to tell Hestaby to fuck herself?
>>
>>55114707
Fucking plot armor and writers who really underestimate how desperate humans can get. That's who stopped people from using nukes, or even just thermobaric bombs which are the next best thing, and not unreliable.
>>
File: 3-grand-forks-afb.jpg (140KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
3-grand-forks-afb.jpg
140KB, 600x800px
>>55114731
Those fat fucking taco indians will never take Texas
>>
>>55114707
Something something Toxic magic
>>
>>55114773
I know, it's like Texas doesn't have a Guardian Spirit in the form of Daniel Boone, Sam Houston, or Big Tex himself. Fucking stupid.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>55114818
LGM-30s are my guardian spirit.
>>
>>55114773
>>55114818
>Great Spirit Colonel Travis BTFOs the Mexicans when they come to take the Alamo again.

Sounds good.
>>
>>55114707
>why not just employ larger nuclear yields in your weapons?
Not the first or last time someone has thought of it. The output explosion is unpredictable given the input yield. There's no longer a certain correlation between increasing the yield and increasing the explosion. Magic has screwed nuclear weapons not on a scientific level, but on the level magic works on.
>>
>>55114921
According to whom? Source?
>>
>>55114936
My diary desu
>>
File: Flick (shadowrun).pdf (76KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Flick (shadowrun).pdf
76KB, 1x1px
Hey guys. Still working on my sammie getaway driver and I need some advice - I've got 25k left over, and that's AFTER buying a 100k car and spending 60k on two fake SIN dead-drops. Is there anything else I need/should take? Plus general advice is appreciated. Some notes about this character:

-I have -47 karma because I wanted to put points into gymnastics after buying it using group skills, but chummer locks up the skill box, so I had to use the karma box instead. I had the skillpoints left over to upgrade gymnastics normally, including the specialisation.

-the two dead drops (one subway locker, one gym locker) are paid up for 18 months. Each one contains a duffel bag with an Ingram, a Finchetti, an armour vest, a rating 4 medkit, a 5000 nuyen credstick and a Hermes Ikon registered to one of my spare SINs.

-I have so much omegaware because it lowers the availability of cyberware, allowing me to take reaction enhancers 3 and titanium bone lacing, and to take wired reflexes 2 at a discount. To make up for it I took unsteady hands (representing neural problems) and full insomnia (representing chronic pain)

-the caris meant to look like an inconspicuous taxi to make for ease transporting my team. If pulled over/questioned I'm gonna say I'm a freelance taxi driver that has to make runs into the barrens to compete with the bigger companies, hence the guns. All the car upgrades are supposed to be low-profile (I got it from my smuggler contact who runs several of them)
>>
>>55115548
>-I have -47 karma because I wanted to put points into gymnastics after buying it using group skills, but chummer locks up the skill box, so I had to use the karma box instead. I had the skillpoints left over to upgrade gymnastics normally, including the specialisation.

Nope.
>>SR5 88
>When a skill group is purchased, the character is considered to have all the individual skills of the skill group at the rating of the group. the character wishes to break up the skill group during game play and raise only one of the skills, he is free to do so, but may not raise those skills as a skill group again until all skills possess the same rating. Skill group points may not be used to purchase individual skills and vice versa. In addition, skill groups cannot be broken up in this step, so individual skill points cannot raise the ratings of skills purchased as a group. (Note that skill groups can be broken up in Step Seven: Spend Your Left Over Karma (p. 98).
>>
>>55115602
God dammit what an annoying limitation. I'll work on that. Still, how's the rest of it?
>>
File: IMG_2858.jpg (401KB, 425x1112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2858.jpg
401KB, 425x1112px
Guys, I need help

My character landed a sweet cache of Ak-97's and my contact found three buyers (contact is 3/6 mobster who owes me big, but that 3 loyalty is what scares me)

Now the three buyers are
>Moroccan/African pirate group
>Amazonian terrorists
>The Mob family which contact works for

I'm leaning twoards pirates because African diamonds. Who should I sell it to?
>>
>>55114637
It's ok. A lot of GMs run Matrix in different ways. Go out of your way to use the Matrix cleverly and you should be fine.
>>
>>55115705
The Mobsters probably have the most capital to trade immediately, but won't be falling over themselves to buy your guns. The Pirates would appreciate the cache, use them, and have some funds to buy them with. Terrorists are charities of violence, they trade misery, not money.
>>
>>55115705
Amazonian terrorists so you can fund a proxy war with those damn Mexicans
>>
>>55115899

Yeah, sure. Get Azzies on my ass thinking I'm some sort of full time arms dealer
>>
>>55115944
The truest show of power is giving guns to brown people which will use said guns to shoot people who disagree with them/you. You're only harming your own rep if you don't do it.
>>
File: AMERICA FUCK YEAH.gif (574KB, 525x333px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA FUCK YEAH.gif
574KB, 525x333px
>>55115951
>giving guns to brown people which will use said guns to shoot people who disagree with them/you
This Anon speaks the truth.
>>
>>55116003
Yeah and when it backfires we just get different brown people to shoot the brown people we installed.
>>
File: 2012228143526525580_20.jpg (186KB, 680x450px) Image search: [Google]
2012228143526525580_20.jpg
186KB, 680x450px
>>55116067
It's perpetual brown-on-brown action. What's not to love?
>>
>>55113680
Anything but the cars.
The gearman books are preatty amazing and worth getting. The Fucking Cyberspine for examppe is the greatest thing ever. Providing an alternative to initiative enchancments that is upgradeable! No more take out your old cyber, sell it for nothing and install the new one. This whole process was the bane of cyberchars.
Other thing nice about State of the ADL is that they have section that is shopping brouchure for evryday items.
Now for the language barrier. I'm using my limited german with google translate but only google translate works quite well on its own(just remmember the formating). Also there are some krauts here that could help
>>
>>55116340
I think some of it's made its way into Chummer, too.
>>
>>55116373
Well yeah all the german gear is in chummer
The difference is knowing what you have(by reading) and just a stat block
Like I have GMC Phoenix with speed of X and I have GMC Phoenix, a classic muscle car popular with execs in their middle life crisis
>>
>>55113680
>none of us sprechen ze Kraut
You're in luck, then:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/143Qbf9YFoT4r6psNS5Jugjd39JrGn7cD029cWgcB9gE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>55116748
Reading this makes my head hurt
>>
>>55113932
Spread around:
>First, when purchasing augmentations such as cyberware and bioware, each attribute rating (Mental and Physical) can only receive an augmentation bonus of up to +4. If the attribute being raised has not reached its natural maximum limit, the attribute can be raised naturally with Karma; but at no point can augmentations exceed the +4 bonus cap.
Page 94, Core.

>The system is compatible with wireless reaction enhancers, and the total Reaction bonus from both systems can be above +4 if both systems have wireless active.
Page 455, Core.

>Remember that the drug cannot raise any attributes above a character’s augmented maximum (+4 over the natural, unaugmented attribute).
Page 181, Chrome Flesh.

As far as I can tell, Chrome Flesh is the first time the term 'augmented maximum' is actually directly used in the entire 5e game line.
>>
>>55114707
Every time people try to use them, weird shit happens. They've had several nuclear weapons disappear in transit without a trace, countless nuclear weapons detonate during launch or in their silos, and the actual yields get wildly dampened.

The larger the yield, the more likely one of those effects is to occur.

Some people have theorized that it's the Earth's manasphere intentionally and directly interfering with the use of nuclear weapons - similar fuckery has happened at nuclear power plants, leading to things like Glow City or the SOX.

So, when it comes to city-fucking, the setting has mostly moved on to kinetic orbital bombardment.
>>
>>55116763
Well, it's the closest thing that State of the Art has to an English translation, so you'd better start enjoying that second-hand Kraut flavor.
>>
>>55116791
>countless nuclear weapons detonate during launch or in their silos
But how? How do you make nuclear fusion happen when nuclear fusion isn't happening? Like, you can't just tell the hydrogen "Dude fucking go apeshit." You need to go through a series of triggers and whatever. There's like, six steps to the detonation of a nuclear weapon.
>>
>>55116804
>But how? How do you make nuclear fusion happen when nuclear fusion isn't happening?
Literally fucking magic. The explanation for why nuclear weapons and nuclear power are being fucked with and made absurdly unreliable is literally the Earth's magic picking nuclear things and screwing with them in particular.

It doesn't care about the yield or the power of other weaponry - it just has a hate-boner for nuclear weapons and nuclear power.
>>
>>55116819
Okay, let me explain it this way. Detonating a nuclear weapon before it's armed is like detonating a binary explosive with only one component.
>>
>>55116828
Literally. Fucking. Magic.
>>
How would you deal with a Rigger who just goes with "I use my spy drone to fly into the building and check it out" at every single situation? I don't want him to bypass (((story))) moments or alert the guards ALL THE TIME, but I also do not want to have to resort to Perception check plus shooty mc shoot all the time as well.

Would jammers work, preventing him from using it all the time?
>>
>>55116833
Is the magic intelligent? Does it know that it has to detonate the conventional explosives to cause the nuclear reaction to even take place? Does that mean the manasphere can cause frag grenades to explode at will?
>>
>>55116849
Apparently yes. The only explanation you're ever going to get is that the Earth's magic has intelligently decided to fuck anything nuclear in particular.
>>
>>55116856
So does it just make it overly radioactive, not magically make it create an explosive reaction? What about UV radiation, does that count? How do modern societies stay powered without nuclear power?
>>
>>55116843
>trying to stop a Rigger from doing his main job
If there's a segment that you want to be mysterious, wrap it in a Faraday cage, but seriously. What the fuck?
>>
>>55116875
Man, who the fuck knows? The entire explanation is what I've already told you.
>>
>>55116875
Stop trying to apply this much logic to magic, nigger.
>>
>>55116879
I agree that it is his job
but it is also his main go-to and I don't want it to be him to alert eventual guards ALL THE FUCKING TIME :/
I'm afraid that might fall back negatively on him, plus he might be annoyed that his drone is getting spotted
>>
>>55116886
>>55116887
I'll conclude that magic is not actually magic, but the act of a sapient being. That explains it better than some naturally occurring force that coincidentally fucks things up in a very specific manner.
>>
>>55116875
The questions you've asked, at this point, have about ten times the word count of the subject in official material.
>>
So... I've been absent from these threads for a while, and just started reading the new stuff.

I can only assume there was a shitstorm when Forbidden Arcana referenced Harlequin's Back, and the bridge you (or now I suppose in canon, that loser Bull) defended against the horrors?

Which also states the Aztlan fovae are bridges that astrally projected Mages can potentially work on, to construct an early path for the Horrors back to the world?
>>
Hey nuclear weapons were good enough for WinterNight
>>
>>55116917
>implying any of us still read the fluff of CGL books
>>
>>55116932
As I've said, I've been gone a while.
And honestly most 5e fluff leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Though I suppose eating shit will do that.
>>
>>55116941

Most 5e (And especially the movement into 5e especially) fluff really feels like the writers yelling 'No fun allowed!'
>>
>>55116941
(Some of) the mechanics are fine, but if you find yourself consuming 5e's fluff, consult a doctor.
>>
>>55116949
It feels like they wanted to write for World of Darkness rather than Shadowrun.
>>
>>55116898
>I'll conclude that magic is not actually magic, but the act of a sapient being.
There's strong evidence that Magic - the naturally occurring force itself - is self-aware. That it's some kind of living god-force.
>>
>>55117063
>Saeletra
>>
>>55117063
Based on what?
>>
>>55117252
Who? Or is that like, a noun?
>>
>>55117252
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Saeletra
>>
>>55117269
Couldn't tell you, actually.
The old Denver book says that exactly one second past midnight on December 24, 2011, the Shadowland BBS introduction board got this message:
>MESBASE: 102/a
>DATE/TIME: 00:00:01/12-24-11
>AUTHOR: >>STRUCTURE ERROR 0208<<
>ROUTING: >>ROUTING ERROR B092<<
>SUBJECT: <unknown>
>MESSAGE:
>Good morning world. Welcome back. Play nice.
>-Saeletra

As to who or even WHAT sent it?
That has never been touched upon.
>>
>>55117294, >>55117297
Is there no explanation for it at all?
Not even any Earthdawn lore like explains a lot of the magical stuff, especially in older editions?
>>
>>55117312
Nope, not even in Earthdawn.
Who or whatever Salaetra is, there's no hints in any books as to the nature of it's existence.
>>
>>55109077
>GM shadowrun 5 after a long time absent from shadowrun 4
>Every player has his character ready to except one
>complete newbie to rpgs and my best friend
>guide him through charactercreation
>almost done punching it all into chummer
>chummer crashes when i added his 6th gun (he was the weapons specialist )
>didn't save
>2 hours of work down the shitter
Why you gotta be so unstable chummer5?
>>
File: magic.jpg (79KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
79KB, 720x479px
>>55117312
>>
>>55117415
>not writing shit down when working with a known unstable program
Speaking of unstable chargen programs, Is there a list of known bugs with NSRCG 3.68? Somebody in a Gamefinder (I think) thread said it had quite a few. The help file mentions a couple (Second MA maneuver being free, Read/Write being unable to be modified).
>>
>>55117415
There should be a backup in saves\autosave; small chance that it didn't keep one, I didn't think to test for a character without an alias originally.
>>
>>55117297
Has it been explained what happened to the previous worlds, and why magic left? If not, maybe Saeletra decided to un-magic the world because people were being retarded? Like extra special retarded
>>
>>55117992
Magic goes in cycles, when it's up you've got Magic and Elves, and Dragons and shit.

When it goes down, you've got none of that.

When it gets high enough, extra-dimensional gribblies can cross over and devastate the world.

So the 5th world is pretty much all of recorded history.
The 4th world was where all the retarded immortal elves come from.
>>
>>55118021
>retarded immortal elves

No wonder magic left the 4th world
>>
>>55117580
Huh...
I remembered most of the coices so it was okay-ish but thanks for the late tip I guess
>>
>>55115548
Having omegaware wired reflexes seems like you're asking for trouble and requires GM permission, so I'd think about doing a variant up without it just in case, assuming you haven't run it by the GM already.
Otherwise maybe pick up some drones for home security or micro drones for forward scouting, if you're reworking your skills for the skill group issue, maybe use the points you were going to add to gymnastics to expand into other piloting skills. Also, look to maybe make room for a control rig, though that would almost certainly mean cutting back to level one wired reflexes.
Oh and look to upgrade your cybereyes to add vision magnification and lowlight.
>>
>>55118072
Cheers, this advice is helpful. I had a control rig before instead of bone lacing, but it only gave me one extra dice for driving and I wasn't sure if wired reflexes stacked with coldsim rigging. I'm going to leave my essence alone for now because its at .01 right now. A drone could be interesting though - a flyspy with some autosofts and a camera seems fun. I reworked the skillgroup issue, I've still got everything I wanted I just had to give up my points in perception.
>>
>>55118124
as I recall wired reflexes does not affect your jumped in initiative, and a control rig does more than just provide bonus dice, it's rating is added on to the vehicle's handling (bascially increases your limit), Speed (very significant in chase scenarios) and reduce the threshold of tests(to a minimum of one), making it much easier to succed at tests. That said it's a lost of essence and money to commit, and at that point you begin to become more a straight rigger than a samurai/rigger and I can see why you want that second level of wired reflexes it should fairly consistently bump you up to a third action.
>>
>>55118286
Yeah. The increase from the control rig is very useful, but sadly it has to compete with titanium bone lacing which is cheaper and keeps me alive. Hopefully between getting 19 dice for drive tests and having edge out the wazoo I can make up the difference.
>>
>>55118031
Can you blame it for seeing the knife eared clown and fucking right off ?
>>
>>55118478
Pity it came back again then.
The Clown's still fucking around.
Sucking in precious oxygen that less offensive wastes of space and power could be using.
>>
>>55118124
It does stack, and the important thing about a Control Rig is it reducing the difficulty of all Pilot stunt tests. Pick the Control Rig back up.
>>
File: The issue with 0.2 Essence.png (667KB, 518x834px) Image search: [Google]
The issue with 0.2 Essence.png
667KB, 518x834px
How do you handle mentor spirit bonuses if you're an aspected magician or can't summon the associated type of spirit?
>>
>>55118906
Pick a different mentor spirit, change your tradition/aspect, or just accept that you made a suboptimal choice.
>>
>>55117992
Probably the only good metaplot in the entire of Shadowrun.
The more life (particularly sentient life) the greater the manasphere. The higher the level of magic, the easier it is for other planes of reality to connect to ours (and the easier it becomes for magical entities to manifest on Earth).
Unfortunately not all metaplanes or planer denizens are friendly.
Eventually a connection is made to the realm of the Horrors. These entities cross over to our world, consume or destroy every living thing they can find, then retreat back to their home.
The manasphere collapses because there is not enough life to sustain it.
Repeat.
>>
>>55116763
You're welcome to suggest any grammatical and writing revisions to it by the way.
>>
>>55116804
Fucking writer fiat becuase 'Nukes r baaaad!' Blame early FASA liberal arts majors.
>>
>>55119555
No, it's because if nukes worked the entire setting would come crashing down.
Omg! Dragons are real and are fucking things up!
Nuke 'em.
Oh no! Magical tribals threatening to erupt a volcano!
Nuke 'em.
Oh no! Magic Mexicans are taking over Texas and there's nothing we have that can defeat their spirits!
Nuke 'em.
Shapeshirters have taken over Siberia and exiled all metahumans!
Nuke 'em.
Horrors will push in our shit with serrated tentacle dildoes!
Nuke 'em.
>>
>>55119626
I sincerely hope you never get the launch codes of any nuclear power.
>>
How does essence loss work?
If i get a poor quality cyberlimb and later replace it with a better quality one would i get back the essence difference back ?
>>
>>55119678
t. Kim
>>
>>55119678
These are canon threats that the world's major powers faced that risked either their countries utter destruction, or almost complete neutering on the world stage. You can bet your arse that if something similar happened in real life nukes would be on the table. Nukes have been threatened for less.
>>
>>55119626
Yeah, and if people were as crazy as FASA thought, they would have used nukes anyhow. So what if it takes twice as many to be sure? Most US missiles were MIRV-equipped and you were looking at a minimum of 6-8 nukes per launch.

It's still retarded.
>>
>>55116772
Thank you anon. I remembered in 4E they talked about it a lot & it was 1.5 your racial max. I had a guy wanting to play a troll with maxed cyber strength but couldnt find a way to get +5 Str, when he asked for help i couldnt find the rules for augmented maximum. Hell i didnt even know hey changed it to just +4. You saved my hoop chummer
>>
>>55119715
when you first get a piece of ware you lose essence. E.g. a cyberarm costs 1 essence so you now have 5 essence left
When you remove ware you don't get essence left, so if you decide to get rid of your old cyberarm you still only have 5 essence.
You do however have a "Essence Hole", in this case 1 Essence worth
If you get further augmentations they first fill the essence holes before normal essence. So if you now decide to get a Alphaware Cyberarm (0.8 Essence) it first fills your essence hole. You now have 5 Essence and a 0.2 Essence Hole.
You could now get yourself some Muscle Toner 1 (0.2 Essence) and still have 5 Essence left
>>
>>55119735
Yes it's stupid, but it gives an explanation as to why nukes aren't available that isn't "hurr durr librals!"
It's because nukes are incompatible with the setting, because if they DID exist it would be even more inplausible. Now they could have invented a much more sensible method of removing nukes from the setting, but early Shadowrun is not known for having the most sensible world-building. In many ways it's almost CGL-tier.
>>
>>55119735
They did use nukes. The issue wasn't that they needed to apply more nukes for the same amount of effectiveness. If that was what would make the difference, then they would have applied "enough nukes" to plug the current threat of the time, each time, every time.
>>
>>55116849
Well kids its time for the Gaia Theory
This theory states that Earth itself is a living being with sentience and is actively interfering with us aka Gaia
Now is it possible? Yes. How? Heart Spirits.
As we know spirits of the heart are the idea and culture of the city inhabitants in spirit form(read on Spirit of Denver). They wield quite a lot of power, can influence their domain and can grant part of this power through spirits pacts but are dependent on the general health of the city(RIP Spirit of Chicago).
Now if we expand on this on much larger scale and take the primordial idea of every metahuman about mother nature and shape it into spirit we would get one of unimaginable power with domain being the world. This would be Gaia
>>
>>55120055
>Heart Spirits.
Did you mean Hearth Spirits?
Or are there Lung Spirits out there? Spleen Spirits? Liver Spirits?
>>
>>55119735
>Most US missiles were MIRV-equipped and you were looking at a minimum of 6-8 nukes per launch.
LGM-30 Minuteman IIIs have three warheads, not six.
>>
>>55120111
Trident IIs have 8-12.
>>
>>55119626
2 and 3 aren't really excuses to use nuclear weapons, because you use nuclear weapons on clear targets. Unless the chintalkers have a tank column somewhere you can hit with a tactical nuclear weapon, I don't think a hydrogen bomb is going to do much to them.

Also, nuclear weapons would help break the magical superiority. Everything in the world is centered around magic, technology means fuck and all. Nuclear weapons would very much shift the balance to something more equal and interesting.
>>
>>55120055
>>55120085
>you done fucked up now
ignore every mentioning of heart and replace it with Spirits of City and Spirits of Man
I'm an idiot and will go commit sudoku now
>>
>>55120153
So they do.
Though in Shadowrun there isn't really much intercontinental conflict. I'd imagine any use of nuclear weaponry in Shadowrun's universe (Say, against the Mexicans) would be from something like the M110A1.
>>
>>55120085
I know for sure that my liver is at least capable of fighting spirits
>>
>>55120085
>Liver Spirits
>>
>>55120195
>I'm an idiot and will go commit sudoku now
http://www.websudoku.com/
>>
>>55117992
What >>55118021 said, only with one add-on; the Fourth World lasted slightly longer then it should have due to artificial interference from Thera (which would later be remembered as Atlantis) boosting the ambient mana fields to an insane degree.
Eventually Thera got fucked (not a bad thing, they were assholes) and magic went back down to normal.
>>
Wasn't there a test you could make children to see if they are Awakened or not?
>>
>>55120511
Makes you wonder what the agenda is of people who are searching for Atlantis. I'm sure the Aztecs have a department dedicated to it.

>Your face when you realise that random shitposting on a Vietnamese basket-weaving forum is better and more relevant than anything on Jackpoint.
>>
>>55120602
Corps have been trying to make Awakened children for years.
>>
>>55120602
Metahumans don't typically Express until around puberty. There are likely dozens of "tests" people pay for, especially by parents hoping to get their kids into A&M&M or MIT&T. They're about as effective at predicting magical talent as phrenology.
>>
>>55120619
The Draco Foundation found a successful and consistent method to make Awakened people decades ago. Hell, it even turned mundane children into Awakened.
Just the small side-effect of also turning them into enslaved Drakes.
>>
>>55120687
Yeah, but since he killed himself, they wound up free Drakes.
>>
How tight do you rule the whole tradtition specific foci and formular thing? Can you see some traditions, like the different kinds of witches (Street, wicca, brocken) as close enough in their beliefs to share their magic stuff, or does everything have to be custom tailored to one specific tradition?
>>
>>55120743
That's actually my thinking too, but Shadowchan shouted me down.
>>
>>55120743
That's also where those bastards come from.
So is every free drake a successfull experiment from dunkel ?
>>
>>55120888
Don't know. I expect there are other free Drakes, but the majority would likely have been Dunk's.
>>
>>55120888
No, every dragon that dies releases their drakes. Nightmaster's death would have released his drakes if he had any, and considering all the shady stuff Proteus AG did under his control I'd be suprised if he didn't. Hell, Prototype Transhuman Drake Mages are almost a certainty. Sadface.
>>
>>55120743
I actually think that my DM wil introduce a Drake DMPC soon, since he gave him attributes, skills and everything.

We had a runner HQ and one day our neighbours house bursted into flames.
we actually loved to hate him, he was taht sort of chad who would work as surfing instructor and spend his days either drunk or whoring around.
Now he's a snowflake.
>>
>>55120994
>Drunk Chad Drake as a neighbor

Sounds fun.

>DMPC
Kill it if this is true.
>>
File: 1447360801150.jpg (53KB, 449x810px) Image search: [Google]
1447360801150.jpg
53KB, 449x810px
>>55116748
Adding some corrections now.

put in every Oxford comma

>>55116340
What's wrong with the cars?
>>
>>55116875
>How do modern societies stay powered without nuclear power?

Nuclear power stations still exist; they are just less common because people saw them fuck up at the beginning of the century, and there are alternatives through geothermal, tidal generators, and everything else Gaeatronics has a finger in. Shiawase is the biggest player in nuclear energy in the 2070s.

Nuclear is only 11% of modern power generation at the highest estimates; we can do without it.
>>
>>55120292
That's a toxic liver spirit if I ever saw one.
>>
File: German Humour.png (627KB, 1449x1484px) Image search: [Google]
German Humour.png
627KB, 1449x1484px
>proofreading the SotA ADL translation

>every entry talks about how fine German engineering reduces the weight of the weapons, often giving specific savings in grams

The autism is real
>>
>>55121176
True that; there isn't a single nuclear reactor in my entire state in real life.
>>
>>55120610
The Atlantean Foundation are just a bunch of archeologists for one, but they are led by a woman who is almost certainly an IE and therefore "in the know" about Thera's current location, which is in no way sunken or lost.
The DIMR has enough knowledgeable and informed sorts to know exactly where Thera is too.
The Apep Consortium however is probably just after wealth and magic, no real secret agenda.
>>
>>55121050
Most of the german cars are straight up better than nongerman alternatives
>>
>>55121830
Are you talking RL or SR?
>>
>>55121343
Well, on the othr hand we have france. Nuclear power is a pretty sweet deal, if done right.

Of course this is irrelevant for SR
>>
>>55121921
Yes
>>
Which german book is the cyberspine in? Is it in the mega?
>>
>>55122529
State of the Art ADL
>>
I guess this is more of a general RPG question, but how often do you guys bring up character eating? Only in dire situations where they realistically don't have easy access to food?
>>
File: Snack Arm.jpg (280KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snack Arm.jpg
280KB, 800x480px
>>55122729
You mean 'how often is it a factor in the runs' or 'how often does it come up as fluff in the story'. The former very rarely (only time off the top of my head it mattered was during a stakeout), the latter all the time. People eat when meeting the Johnson, when hanging out at home, when cleaning their weapons...
>>
>>55122729
>Only in dire situations where they realistically don't have easy access to food?

Pretty much. Unless the scene involves food directly, or centers around a dining environment (like a banquet for example), its just assumed the characters are eating at least enough to stay healthy, barring extreme circumstances where that may not be possible.
>>
>>55122729
I don't think eating is ever a main plot point in an RPG unless you're playing Twilight 2000.
>>
>>55122729
Not me, but Roll4It featured pizza at least once in almost every run. Staking out pizza restaurants, drugging pizza of an enemy team, bugging pizza delivery drones, and I think once or twice they ate it themselves.
>>
>>55123342
Were the PCs mutant turtle-people by any chance?
>>
>>55123449
Nope. Standard Shadowrunner orks, trolls, dwarves, elves, and humans.
>>
File: HUMANIS.png (354KB, 414x517px) Image search: [Google]
HUMANIS.png
354KB, 414x517px
>>55123487
>orks, trolls
Anon, anon, can't you see? Orks and trolls need to hang from trees.
>>
>>55123542
Orks and trolls are just as much victims of Elves as we are man. Fuck Elves and Dragons.
>>
>>55123573
Elves are close enough to humans to be okay. All orks and trolls must hang.
>>
File: IMG_2921.jpg (100KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2921.jpg
100KB, 900x582px
>Be all troll team
>We have to cross the Pueblo-Aztlan border
>Buy a shitty pizza delivery truck
>Get over to junkyard
>Start searching for armour parts
>roll success
>We weld it onto the thing
>We hit the border at night
>One driver, rest of us pointing guns out all sides
>massive gunfight
>midway between the border we get stopped by a missile
>We fight till the last deliveryman
>Guard Captain comes over to me
>"Did you really think that would work?!" he says
>Use dead man's trigger
>"anyone order a pepperoni?" last word
>suicide bomb.

How are your border crossings, /srg/?
>>
File: black_on_black.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
black_on_black.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
Should riggers fear deckers or should deckers fear riggers?

Or maybe both should respect each other? I am a new player and I have like a irrational fear of deckers since I like to play riggers. IF a decker can pretty much at will cook all my shit, how would I properly defend myself?

Also, I am confused about what exactly a decker is. Are all deckers also "riggers" to a extent? Or are all riggers "deckers" to a certain extent.

I know both operate in the matrix but isn't operating in the matrix kind of dangerous if you don't have any kind of decking know how?

Like what is stopping a decker from causing your car to take a wrong turn off a cliff at any moment?
>>
>>55123712
>Like what is stopping a decker from causing your car to take a wrong turn off a cliff at any moment?
You not being a retard and using Shadowrun's utter lack of wireless network security. Jacks are the only way to go.
>>
>>55123754

Oh, if you jack directly in, you cannot be hacked wirelessly?

Also, is it possible to play a rigger and not use one of those remote control thingies? I forget what its called.. basically the thing that lets you wirelessly rig into drones kind of like changing TV stations.
>>
>>55120055
Which is clearly stupid since we not only have natural nuclear plants that have existed for thousands of years in real life, the stupid manasphere effects of nuke detonation have hurt a lot more than if they just let them go off in-setting.
>>
>>55123796
Drones can be controlled through direct connection presumably, but that's a bit impractical.

But yes, if you're using a direct connection, you can just disable the wireless shit and be perfectly safe (Though you lose the stupid wireless bonus which is the incentive to make you have poor network security). You'd think in 2072, even with the crash and whatever, you'd have some better fucking encryption.
>>
>>55120157
Nobody said that Gaia made a smart choice.
>>
>>55123887
>Nobody said that FASA made a smart choice.
FTFY
>>
>>55120055
Is this how they're gonna justify the existence of technomancers? Gaia has changed so magic has changed to suit it or something dumb like that?
>>
>>55120797
As long as you can justify it as being valid to your tradition, it's good. Chaos Mages have the easiest time of it for obvious reasons.
>>
>>55123796
>Also, is it possible to play a rigger and not use one of those remote control thingies? I forget what its called.. basically the thing that lets you wirelessly rig into drones kind of like changing TV stations.
You mean a Control Rig?

Generally there are 3 kinds of riggers: Vehicle Riggers, Swarm Riggers and Bot Riggers
Vehicle Riggers jump into Vehicles to more effectively control them, allowing them to do all kinds of crazy stunts.
Swarm Riggers take a large swarm of drones and use a RCC to control them as one unit.
Bot Riggers have only a few drones, which they kit out with armor and weaponry and Jump In to control them
>>
doing a Life Module build. What's a good module for Irish expat parents, and growing up around the Mafia, specifically for Formative years?
>>
>>55122729
Pretty often, actually.

Eating comes up when people are meeting Johnsons in bars or restaurants, when doing stakeouts and surveillance, during the pre-run slice-of-life moments when the Fixer calls with a Johnson, during the post-run celebrations, and even with the rigger pulling through a drive-thru in a Roadmaster during the legwork phase when everyone realizes that they've just spent 6 hours working and their characters need a quick refresher break.

It's rarely of mechanical/strategic importance, but I find it essential for humanizing characters and providing a sense that they're just living their lives as best they can.
>>
File: IRA-Header-1500x1000.jpg (276KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IRA-Header-1500x1000.jpg
276KB, 1500x1000px
>>55124025
>Being a potato nigger
Shouldn't you be bombing London or direct-firing mortars instead of Shadowrunning?
>>
>>55123712
>Also, I am confused about what exactly a decker is. Are all deckers also "riggers" to a extent? Or are all riggers "deckers" to a certain extent.

Deckers hack into hosts on the Matrix using decks. Riggers control drones and vehicles using Rigger Control Consoles (for multiple drones simultaneously) and Control Rigs (for jacking into individual vehicles). They have no crossover, other than both using the Matrix as a medium to get what they want, and that deckers can mess with Matrix-connected devices, including drones and vehicles, which is why RCCs give Firewall bonuses and you don't be a computer retard if you want to rig.
>>
>>55123833
>natural nuclear plants

Oklo is the only place it ever happened on Earth that we know about, it happened almost two billion years ago, and it burned out after only a few hundred thousand years because they were not perpetually sustainable, or anywhere close to as efficient as human nuclear plants.
>>
>>55125165
My point stands. Natural nuclear plants exist, they are a perfectly normal thing and to demonize them is pure ignorance rooted in 80s hysteria.
>>
>>55123833
Here is the thing
These kind of spirits are affected by the state of their domain so they can turn malevolent or toxic.
So tell me what would be the personality of Gaia spirit if it is based on Earth's current condition?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>55124371
IMO a shushi chef samurai is something i want to run in another game.
Remember that actual and handmade food is a luxury in the sixth world So you would have an runner with dayjob and maybe even "famous" who is running is sushi shop in some high class corp shopping mall, talking with people and doing what he loves.
But the sad reality is that his sushi stall doen't drop enough money so he runs to finance his dreams and uses his skill with the knive for less noble purposes.

Also one always needs an GM who is able to pick up the fine lines of such a character.
>>
>>55125215
Pretty well off, all things considered. Earth has been through way worse conditions in just the past millennium.
>>
File: Toxic Spirit.gif (297KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Spirit.gif
297KB, 200x133px
>>55125174
They didn't demonize natural nuclear plants. They never mention them, because it's not the fucking point. The point is that humans fucked up the environment with widespread pollution and the creation of nuclear plants that create toxic runoff, and nuclear weapons that destroy the environment and cause mass death, and that the psychotropic manasphere is having none of it.

>80s hysteria
Yes, welcome to Shadowrun. You may have also noticed that people are afraid of motorcycle gangs and the Japanese taking over the world.
>>
>>55125317
>The point is that humans fucked up the environment with widespread pollution and the creation of nuclear plants that create toxic runoff
The point is that that 'point' has no basis in reality and, in fact, is more fantastical than the idea that elves and orks and all the other tolkien races will pop into existence.

Of course, the 80s-isms is admittedly a charm point even for me. I just don't like it when I see people trying to claim it has any basis in reality.
>>
>>55125305
Was there magic then? And was population at the critical mass needed for spirit to form ?
>>
>>55125453
>Was there magic then?
Yes...? They make a point of 'spikes'. Yes, magic was very much still around.

What I'm saying is, that the way Shadowrun's very fundamentals are interpreted by the writers are flawed.
>>
>>55125484
wait what
oh man and here I thought magic was absent for the past 20k years
Gotta go and find all the elfs, awakened flora and free spirits roaming around
>>
>>55125589
Please read the entire post.
>>
>>55118879
I thought "physical initiative" and "Matrix Initiative" were separate? So if you use Matrix Initiative you get coldsim/hotsim bonuses, and if you use AR you use physical initiative?

I might talk to the gm before deciding which to use. This character had a control rig for a long time before I changed to bone lacing, and honestly I prefer the lacing. It's cheaper and it keeps me alive, whereas the rig gives me one dice to driving checks and slightly lowers driving tests/slightly raises my limits.
>>
>>55125377
>The point is that that 'point' has no basis in reality

>Chernobyl 1986
>SR 1e 1989

Gee, I wonder what they're thinking of when they talk about nuclear meltdowns because people mess with things beyond their understanding.

>>55125484
>>55125598
Please read a Shadowrun book. Spikes happen, but in the 5th world a spike was, "maybe some kid with weird ears is born". The Earth went through no manmade disasters in the 5th world that compare to those that were happening at the cusp of the 6th. Natural things don't bother the manasphere, toxic things do. A bunch of people dying in a volcanic eruption can aspect the mana, a bunch dying in nuclear fallout turns it into a toxic mess all but irrecoverable.
>>
>>55125642
>Gee, I wonder what they're thinking of when they talk about nuclear meltdowns because people mess with things beyond their understanding.

You mean the exclusion zone that's now functioning as a natural reserve for nearly-extinct species like Przewalski's horse?

>Please read a Shadowrun book. Spikes happen, but in the 5th world a spike was, "maybe some kid with weird ears is born". The Earth went through no manmade disasters in the 5th world that compare to those that were happening at the cusp of the 6th. Natural things don't bother the manasphere, toxic things do. A bunch of people dying in a volcanic eruption can aspect the mana, a bunch dying in nuclear fallout turns it into a toxic mess all but irrecoverable.

Which is

1. A stupid distinction considering that, again, nukes are natural.

2. Not really much of a big deal at all.
>>
File: Great Form Toxic Spirit.jpg (16KB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
Great Form Toxic Spirit.jpg
16KB, 400x210px
>>55125677
I can't tell if you're 12 or just have no concept of events being considered in their time.

The writers saw hundreds of hectares of trees turn red and die almost overnight, thousands of hectares of trees turn stunted and twisted from radiation damage, and tens of thousands of animals drop dead from radioactivity. They heard of people thousands of miles away finding radioactive particles in their clothing, tens of thousands of people marched out by the Red Army into camps, where they were dying of radiation sickness (it took a long while before people believed the Soviet propaganda that it was only a few who had acute radiation sickness, and the rest just had exponentially higher rates of cancer likelihood). They got to see grainy footage of thousands of acres of woodland burning, while newscasters solemnly informed them that the fires would spread radioactive material, before cutting to a map showing ten thousand square miles of Europe that were now polluted.

Even today, stories of it being an ecological benefit are overblown; we can see the die-off in bird populations and know that it's not fine, even if some species manage to survive there (which is more because there are no humans there than because of nonexistent inherent benefits of living in that landscape). In the late 80's, this was everything we had been told to fear coming true; a nice look into the future of what hell awaited us as soon as the nukes flew.

>nukes are natural
Are you deliberately misunderstanding? Nuclear reactions occur in nature. That is far different, in both real scientific terms and the philosophical-magical terms of Shadowrun, from careless humans designing and using nuclear plants and weapons that produce far more waste and spread it far more broadly.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>55126026
>>55126026
>>
>>55125947
I have the concept of stupid leftists being wrong time and time again, and I only mean to point out how stupid it is.
>>
>>55126133
I mean really, I said it up there.

>>55125377
>Of course, the 80s-isms is admittedly a charm point even for me. I just don't like it when I see people trying to claim it has any basis in reality.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.