[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 47

File: Skeleton.jpg (52KB, 1053x659px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton.jpg
52KB, 1053x659px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Undead Edition
Tell us about the undead in your campaigns! How are they used, do the PCs use them much, are they entirely mindless?

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55079415
>>
>>55093703
>Eredin Bréacc Glas
>A Skeleton
>>
Thinking about retraining a feat, namely net proficiency

(Soundstriker) Bard 6 / (Zen Archer) Monk 1

Str 10
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 16

F1: Lingering Performance
FHB: Improved Initiative
F3: Additional Traits
FZA: Perfect Strike
FZAB: Precise Shot
>F5: EWP Net
F7: Fast Learner (+1 HP & Skillpoint in fav class)

Skills: diplo 16, intim 13, bluff 18, sense motive 18, knowledges 12, linguistics 12

Traits:
Reactionary: +2 init
Life of Toil: +1 fort
Inspired: 1/day roll twice on skill check
Guiding Spirit 1/day* roll twice on next d20 roll

Combat: drop inspire courage, use net/tangleshot arrow to entangle, use weird words for 4d6 + cha sonic damage, use scorching ray wand, buff allies, aid another, throw net, help complete mission objective (e.g. take an AoO so another player can run safely by to seize the macguffin)

Instead of that, I was thinking about taking point blank shot so that I could get rapid shot to entangle a few enemies with the tangleshot arrows, cunning so I get more skill points, or a +2 bonus on my saves or something.

Advice, criticism, suggestions, hate crimes?
>>
>>55093703
>Post elf
>Call it skeleton

Dwarf propaganda is getting out of hand, damnit. Or is this hobgoblins? I bet it's both!
>>
File: raughs.png (661KB, 785x588px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.png
661KB, 785x588px
>>55093740
>(Soundstriker) Bard 6 / (Zen Archer) Monk 1
>>
File: Greek Agriculture - Slide 4.jpg (152KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Greek Agriculture - Slide 4.jpg
152KB, 960x720px
>>55092328

Wait until my game goes more than five sessions before you call me a personality.
>>
>>55093766

I know man, that +2 to all my saves, always considered arm, longbow proficiency, and precise shot without needing PBS was really fucking stupid especially 'cause now I almost always hit with Weird Words for 4d6 + 3 sonic damage (soon to be 8d6 + 6) and other ranged touch attacks, and when I fire a tangleshot arrow at the boss, I just about always hit and entangle 'cause I can perfect strike. I mean shit, I got the equivalent of about 7 feats with that dip, and I know that I shouldn't have been so fucking retarded.
>>
>>55093833
I'm saying you should have just gone full zen archer, dumbass.
>>
>>55093798
That game has been two years in the making, you don't need to run a game to become a celebrity.
>>
>>55093873

I was a bard first. I wasn't looking to be a gattling gun.
>>
File: baglehead.jpg (15KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
baglehead.jpg
15KB, 300x204px
>>55093892
>he went soundstriker first
>>
File: dessicator.jpg (78KB, 313x416px) Image search: [Google]
dessicator.jpg
78KB, 313x416px
>>55093703
>Undead in the campaign
More frequent than normal due to the fact that magic from other planes tends to seep in more frequently in this world than in other places, and as such there's a lower threshold for how awful your death has to be for your corpse to rise.

>How are they used
not very much considering most high end necromancy is outlawed by the wizard guild, and those who are allowed to raise dead need to go through fucktons of red tape, alongside being closely monitored for bad behavior and having to register every undead under their control.

>Do PC's use them?
No because A I've yet to have someone in the party play a necromancer and B I've yet to have a party at all because I haven't really had much opportunity to go scouting for folks to host for.

>Are they entirely mindless?
Most of the time but sometimes an undead will rise with enough memory from its former life still in the body to convince it that its still the same person and give it a personality of a sort. Normally thats enough to just make them as crazy as any normal undead, but there is a whole city run by a lich, a mummy and a ghoul underground full of intelligent undead who have more or less come to terms with their fate and desire simply to be left alone rather than to kill living things on sight out of jealous rage. They can also come to intelligence by any method of raising, so it adds a layer of dubiousness to people who raise undead, as they can still be thralled while intelligent, meaning their forced to do shit against their will. For stuff like that the wizard guild just has a policy of "report it and hand it over" as they don't like the knowledge of intellectual undead being a public matter.
>>
File: 1470762102310.png (194KB, 575x558px) Image search: [Google]
1470762102310.png
194KB, 575x558px
>>55093703
>undead in your campaign

Depends, if they're mindless, they're pretty much just killing machines that stand around doing nothing if there's nobody around. If they're not mindless, then they're pretty much normal people, most but not all of whom are evil. They still have goals and dreams, they just also have to deal with whatever weaknesses their new form might have, such as a vulnerability to sunlight or a hunger for blood.

>how are they used

The only ones to appear so far are the mindless undead crated by the party necromancer.

>Do the PCs use them much

See above answer. The other PCs accept it but forced the necromancer to agree to certain limitations after they found out, though I think everybody is fine about it OOC. I worry slightly that the player will want to go full minionmancer on us once they can actually manage it, even though I have told them before that I don't want them to bring more than one undead minion into combat with them.

>Are they entirely mindless
Most of them are, but they don't have to be. I have a lich planned to show up later in the campaign. Said lich is being controlled by someone else who found his tomb before the PCs, and after they defeat the lich and the mastermind slips away, the lich's skull will remain and probably end up sticking with the party, tutoring the party's necromancer and also be able to tell the party about some plot-important ancient history for my custom setting. He's slightly senile from old age, loves bad jokes, and (for now) can't regenerate like a normal lich because of complicated plot reasons.

I'm one of those faggots who doesn't have a problem with the idea of non-evil undead, even if most undead should be evil.
>>
>>55093906

I was a regular bard until my lovely barbarian was absent and we had a sorc step in. He could not do shit and it was nearly a TPK, so I decided that I needed to be able to do damage. DM won't let me rebuild my character, so I was stuck with the 14 dex, 16 cha that I had (second character I ever made for pathfinder). Getting the ability to fire into melee seemed like a real fucking challenge as I wanted to keep improved init and lingering performance. Bard has been super valuable too. Timely Inspiration and Gallant Inspiration has saved the party's bacon on more than a few occasions. With lore master, I get a 24 on all of my knowledge checks, and I'll be increasing that here shortly. In social interactions, I lead, and have been pivotal for success. I am happy with my choice.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with her.
>>
Well, my friends, it's that time of day again. I am 100% certain you weren't expecting this one. It's...an archetype that make Rangers actually GOOD.
>Totem Archetypes v1 (SSDK Materials)
https://pastebin.com/5nAAfr26

Oh, and also a spontaneous Charisma-casting fluid druid and a shaman who has bones instead of spirit animals. Or fluid shamans and boner druids. And face stealers. Rangers are all about collecting scalps. Who knew?
>>
>>55093977

Also, I sometimes I fuckin' sing for the group. I love that shit, even if my voice isn't so good.
>>
>>55093906
And here is a guy who makes me think that the Stormwind Fallacy might not be a real fallacy.
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (102KB, 926x885px) Image search: [Google]
1432775579654.jpg
102KB, 926x885px
>>55093703
>Tell us about the undead in your campaigns! How are they used, do the PCs use them much, are they entirely mindless?

They're the Byzantines of the setting, the remnant of the continental empire that still broods over old slights and older honors who turned to necromancy to keep themselves alive after a genetically-engineered superplague was unleashed on the world by Space Elves who wanted to wipe out the natives before colonization. Many of those who lack the ambition or ability of their betters turn to asceticism to spend their eternity, living in dusty tombs or in the middle of blasted deserts where they might achieve enlightenment over vast centuries of contemplation.
>>
I'm so sick of playing this game, how do I get my group to go back to 3.5 (which is better)? I miss the days of:
>no favored-class mechanic shit
>no traits / flaws considered core part of chargen
>no fucking CMB / CMD that gets pumped out the ass
>no weird-ass differences to the classes

I mean Pathfinder isn't even an improvement over 3.5, it's just a bunch of different nitpick rules while solving none of the game's problems. The skill system is a bit better and the skill list is a bit better. That's it. I'd play fifth edition but it doesn't have NPC classes / NPC rules and it's so contrived and centered around the players that it sucks even worse. I fucking hate 5e players I wish they'd all fucking hang themselves. Even just listening them talk about how their shit edition is "sooo much better" just because it's D&D basic with actual balance and how that validates boring chargen and nonexistent NPC building rules and pussifying the game, fucking fills me with rage.
>>
>>55094029
Wow, anon you're such a
fucking faggot holy shit
>>
>>55094029
>t's D&D basic with actual balance and how that validates boring chargen and nonexistent NPC building rules and pussifying the game
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>55093977
She has a bagel in her head. Do you not?
>>
>>55094029
Why do you need NPC building rules. Can't you just yank some generic fighter bandit from a book and say "here's a guard"? Why do you need NPC classes specifically. If the NPC is capable of stuff they're capable of it, just give them a class that fits.

If they're some random peasant they just die if something breaths on them funny because you know, random peasant.
>>
>>55094112

No, and I am fucking pissed about it. I know that it is common to remove the bagel in boy's head for "hygenic reasons" but it really is bodily mutilation. I am still upset with my parents about that because I know that my life would be more pleasurable if I still had my bagel.
>>
File: Saline.jpg (35KB, 600x826px) Image search: [Google]
Saline.jpg
35KB, 600x826px
>>55093977
Saline Injection
>>
So most inhabitants of the outer plains don't really have regular ways to get to and from their home to the material plain right? Save stuff like some demon taking levels in some spellcasting class and learning planar shift or something like that?
>>
>>55094166
Except, you know, the fact that the vast majority of above-dretch-tier outsiders usually have Plane Shift somehow.

But yes, there's a lot of outsiders that lack the ability to Planeshift by default. But generally not the ones you care about.
>>
>>55093966
>He's slightly senile from old age, loves bad jokes, and (for now) can't regenerate like a normal lich because of complicated plot reasons.

Making ancient undead that had to snuff out the souls of hundreds to assume their present form act like senile old people who tell jokes is retarded and so are you. Undead are suppose to be scary and evil. Do whatever with your own custom setting but I'm judging you for having bad tastes.
>>
>>55094197
Things degrade, Steven
>>
Does anyone have the PDF for "unleashing the untouchable?"
>>
>>55094209
Row row, fight the power?
>>
>>55094139
I can't even build a wizard NPC, because PC v.s. PC damage is so broken that it would probably wipe the party. Even an NPC fighter is almost too much it feels like.

>If they're some random peasant they just die if something breaths on them funny because you know, random peasant.

This kind of fucking bullshit is why rats can take over a village in Pathfinder.
>>
>>55093703
90% of them are just magical puppets because proper undeaddery save for ghosts and liches are illegal, and even being either of those two is a massive legal and academic hassle and being discovered as an illegal ghost gets you a quick trip to the nearest priest for a resurrection so you can be thrown to a jail and being an illegal lich gets you a quick trip to the demi-god lich for a summary Being-Turned-To-Ash-And-Being-Stuffed-Inside-Your-Own-Phylactery

Incidentally the most profitable industry among the necromancers as having a bank specializing in phylacteries.
>>
>>55094062
Except Pathfinder is shit for NOT being streamlined and balanced. D&D 5e is streamlined and balanced, but the rest of it is shit. And both sides strawman the other to prop up their shitty fucking game, when in reality a middle ground would be better than both, but the fucking cockchafers at Wizards wanted to pander to grogs and normies so they made 5e a pussified shitfest. You can't even die in Adventurer's League because it's a giant kike scheme to sell D&D merchandise.
>>
>>55094208
When a lich degrades you get something like a demilich. When a zombie degrades, you get a skeleton/wight. When a vampire degrades, you get Nosferatu. They don't turn senile, they run into something even less human than they were before.
>>
>>55094233
Pathfinder isn't really meant to be simulationist like that. Rats don't take over villages because rats don't take over villages.

Unless of course, they're Skaven tier.
>I can't even build a wizard NPC, because PC v.s. PC damage is so broken that it would probably wipe the party.
>Wizards
>Damage
This meme aside, PC's in modules fight enemies with class levels all the fucking time. Don't give them PC wealth unless their a boss and don't optimize them super fucking hard and you won't murdererize them.
>>
>>55093966
>>55093936
>>55094247
Undead in Pathfinder are FUCKING RETARDED especially if you convert them from 3.5. Why the FUCK does a zombie have 10 Charisma? It can't lead people. Why the fuck do undead get Charisma bonus to hit points? That was a fucking OPTIONAL rule in 3.5 for CERTAIN undead who were fucking INCORPOREAL. Now it works for all of them? What the fuck? Also explain why the fuck undead don't have Constitution, when they are among the toughest fucking monsters because they don't have vital organs. Why not just give them a fucking Con score, holy shit. I convert an undead from 3.5, like that fucking dessicator there, and it ends up with half as much HP and I have to change it's Charisma just to make it have half as much HP instead a tenth as much. FUCK PATHFINDER.

"Compatible with 3.5," my ASS.
>>
>>55094285
>This meme aside, PC's in modules fight enemies with class levels all the fucking time. Don't give them PC wealth unless their a boss and don't optimize them super fucking hard and you won't murdererize them.
Are you talking about 5e or pathfinder? cause pathfinder i have no issue with the NPC building rules except that they stacked more shit ontop of 3.5 that it didn't need.
>>
>>55094305
I was talking about Pathfinder. Does this not work in 5e? Surely there has to be some generic human bandit, evil wizard, helpful cleric stat blocks?
>>
>>55093703
I'm hoping to be an undead in a game soon!
>>
>>55094330
There are, but if you want to create your own there are no rules or guidelines, it's just freeform "give them hit dice" shit that is boring. Half the fun I got from DM prep was making unique NPC enemies. Was the only way that I got to use half the chargen content.
>>
>>55094332
So you want to leave your campaign by turning your character into an enemy NPC?
>>
>>55094346
No, as the GM has expressly approved the idea, as has the party.
>>
File: Skeletal Champion.jpg (97KB, 792x794px) Image search: [Google]
Skeletal Champion.jpg
97KB, 792x794px
>>55093703
It's in the Forgotten Realms, and one of the PCs is a cultist of Velsharoon.

I'm going to be using them a lot after the PCs get to level 7.

They can use tactics and maneuvers.

Now that I've typed that all out, I realize that there won't be enough room to bring Larloch into it until 1372 DR. The PCs would be working for him unknowingly to fight Shadovar influence in the Inner Sea.
>>
>tfw wrote app to starstone
>tfw know it's a mediocre draft 1
Do I still post it?
>>
Do you ever have your players get attacked by foes much weaker then them when they're at higher levels? If so do you even bother rolling join battle or just narrate the fight away?
>>
>>55094288
I think it's suppose to be that undead are not held together and kept "alive" by their biology anymore, but rather by magic and their force of will/strong desire. Admittedly, that still doesn't explain mindless undead.
>>
>>55094535

Of course, anon. How else are we supposed to judge you?
>>
>>55094535
Yes, if you post it you can PM the DM for their opinion and get feedback on how to improve it in a way that's actually more likely to get you in the game.
>>
>>55094535
Yes, being at the top of the list and posted is paramount to being memed sufficiently to get a spot.
>>
File: 1463333798920.jpg (401KB, 1200x820px) Image search: [Google]
1463333798920.jpg
401KB, 1200x820px
>>55094564
Yes.

It makes them use resources.

I also use the Critical Hit and Fumble decks, so anything can happen.
>>
>>55094535
Just post it, anon. All of the current written backstories are fucking garbage anyway, so yours may stand out for being actually decent.
>>
>>55094601
Is the Waifu meme slot still empty?
>>
>>55094631
It's often the most hotly contested spot, but with the right art and pandering to the right fetishes you can still squeeze out the competition.
>>
>>55094601
Is that game even going to be memed? Folks seem pretty sure it's a boozle.
>>
>>55094730
I hope it is. I want to see that bitch Luci cry.
>>
>>55094730
People love to meme obvious boozles in hopes of mining salt when the game flops. Just look at TSS, even the celebs were getting on board with half-hearted apps to build up the hype.
>>
>>55094730
I mean, it's being run by the Krombopulous Michael of Rapes. The General Butt Naked of Pathfinder. The Congolese Soldier of GMing.
>>
>>55094770
Bad example considering Vult is still running
>>
>>55093703
I got a couple of hopefully simple questions.

How do natural attacks, say from Feral Mutagen, stack with natural attacks, say from Tiefling alternate race trait Maw or Claw?

How would it stack with normal manufactured weapons?

Is prehensile tail a hand for the requirement of accelerated drinker?
>>
File: IMG_4071.jpg (89KB, 775x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4071.jpg
89KB, 775x1030px
>>55093703
In one of my games they're full-on Bestiary in style, and one of the PCs uses them as combat servitors.

In another game, we've only heard rumblings of a vampire, but they were pretty intimidating rumblings. Beyond that, we know nothing.

In another game, they're born almost as side effects of rifts between this world and the one beyond, it seems, and they're both tenacious and hostile to the living. Not vanilla Bestiary, but still pretty frightening and malevolent stuff.

In the last game, I'm playing as a long-dead spirit returned to the world to aid a worthy champion.
>>
>>55094820
>>55094770
I want to rape IDrive and Vult
>>
>>55095077
Silly anon you can't rape Vult
>>
File: ur234_immortalservitude.jpg (31KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ur234_immortalservitude.jpg
31KB, 620x400px
Question: I'm whipping up a playable undead race for a setting I'm nicknaming "Ghostworld", and I'd like some advice.

Would you ever consider playing a race that CANNOT heal naturally? What sort of benefit would you need to see to consider it?
>>
>>55095110
What if deus vults it?
>>
So who's excited for the veilweaving classes coming out in a few weeks? I was thinking of making a homebrew class with something similar, except it would be based on ki abilities instead of power from the planes.
>>
>>55095295
High nat armor/DR so that I negate a lot of damage so I don't need to heal much.

Natural wellsprings of negative energy "pools" so the party could find one and heal even if we can't sleep somewhere?
>>
>>55095295
>Would you ever consider playing a race that CANNOT heal naturally? What sort of benefit would you need to see to consider it?

Either some way to heal itself (magic, etc. Perhaps have a daily channel negative energy or something) or avoid damage.
>>
File: 1486038141220.jpg (83KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1486038141220.jpg
83KB, 700x1050px
>>55093703
Hello I'm new to Pathfinder and need help with a newb question.

I've never played a spellcaster before but I'm trying out a sorcerer. I have 20 charisma. I know the high charisma increases the amount of spells you can use per day but does it also increase the number of spells my character knows or does the number from the known spell table stay the same?
>>
>>55095523
Only spells per day increases with Charisma, not spells known
>>
>>55095523

>Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a sorcerer knows is not affected by her Charisma score; the numbers on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known are fixed.

No dice, anon.
>>
>>55095523

You can buy additional spells known with spell pages though.

http://archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Page%20of%20Spell%20Knowledge1st
>>
>>55095523
It specifically calls out that charisma does not increase your spells known. Pick your lineage wisely.
If you're a half elf, pick up paragon surge to get a feat for the duration. Make sure you added the skill focus some knowledge spell (half elves get one for free) and eldritch heritage. Then when you cast Paragon Surge, take improved eldritch heritage to pick up 1 to 3 spells of a level you can cast that are useful in your situation.
>>
File: 1500855534501.jpg (145KB, 714x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1500855534501.jpg
145KB, 714x1119px
Sometimes I like to go check Druid archetypes and click on Nature Fang, just to remind myself that yes. This exists. Someone thought this was a good idea. Someone honest to god looked at this shit and thought "this is fine".
>>
>>55095661
Tell me more. Why is it/isn't a good idea?
>>
>>55095706
I dunno bro, you tell me, I mean, surely nothing can go wrong with pasting Slayer features on top of a Druid, right?: http://www.archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Druid%20Nature%20Fang
Bonus: http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Erastil%27s%20Blessing with a Half-Elf
>>
>>55095531
>>55095542
>>55095599
>>55095625
Alright thanks for clearing the confusion. I just wanted to make sure I set my character up right.
>>
>Want to run a short game
>Have everything I need but some kind of plot
>Can't think of what kind of adventure I want to run
Is this writer's block setting in?
>>
>>55095864

The party are the pallbearers for a friend/acquaintance. However, due to a freak accident, they've been separated from the funeral procession, and must now bring the corpse to the graveyard, dodging hungry ghouls, greedy resurrection men, and the still-living enemies of the deceased who would gladly desecrate the corpse as a final act of revenge.
>>
Is the magic fullplate white and gold or black and blue?
>>
>>55095985
It's black, like the dragon's scale that it's made of.
>>
>>55096016
>his armor isn't made of scales from white, gold, black, AND blue dragons
>>
>>55096024
Truly a true neutral armor if one has ever existed.
>>
>>55096045
If it were really true neutral, it would have a CG dragon's scales like a Brass or Copper instead of the white or black ones, so it could have scales from a LG, CG, LE, and CE dragon.

What powers would it have, though?
>>
>>55095949
>Greedy Resurrection Men
>People that search out the corpses of adventurers/other influential people, resurrect them, and then slap them with a huge bill
You could make a story out of that. The party is sent to go recover the bodies of a famed adventuring party... And of course, to do that, they have to get through the dungeon that killed them.
>>
>>55096075
Power to get the wielder attacked by all kinds of dragons who form unlikely alliances just to kill a monster who goes around killing their kind.
>>
File: BusterBlader-SDMY-EN-C-1E.png (867KB, 479x695px) Image search: [Google]
BusterBlader-SDMY-EN-C-1E.png
867KB, 479x695px
>>55096075
The +2 armor has the Dragon-Defiant property, but also grants one weapon wielded by its wearer the Dragon-Bane property. The armor also gives its wearer Energy Resistance 30 to one type of energy associated with one of the four dragons whose scales were used in/ its construction, though which of the four energy types the resistance applies to can be changed as a move action.
>>
>Bloodforge feats have been added to the PFSRD
>Mixed Blood remains a feat and not a trait.
Why?
>>
>>55095295
>>55095436
>>55095515
>Ghoul
>Humanoid (Undead)
>+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Cha
>Darkvision (2)
>Undead Immunities (4) [poison, disease, sleep]
>+3 Natural Armor (5)
>DR5/Magic (4)
>Cannot Heal Naturally (-5)
>Negative Energy Affinity (-1)
>Total RP 9

Does this sound reasonable? Is it still too weak? What can be added?
>>
>>55096594
>DR and Natural armor +3
>Reasonable
The fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>55096640
Meth.

So is it reasonable, considering the Cannot Heal Naturally and Negative Energy Affinity thing?
>>
>>55096655
Not really. DR is way powerful early levels and 3 nat armor is huge even at later levels considering that it stacks with everything. You should rather try to find a way to replace natural healing rather than try to avoid healing in the first place since, even with negative energy affinity, it just takes a wand and/or a cleric to heal you the same as your living allies in addition to the fact that you don't need to share.
>>
>>55096713
Hm. So just remove both?
>>
>>55096594
I'd drop the DR since it's way powerful at low levels and way useless at high levels, then create a racial feat that lets them heal by resting (possibly fluffed as something like meditation or the ability to draw up negative energy to the material plane), and then give them a racial bonus feat so people don't feel like it's a feat tax.

Also tune down that natural DR, +1 is more typical for what a standard race should be able to get. Having taken away the DR and most of the AC, they should have some race points left over even with a flexible bonus feat, so give them some other thematic ability. Do these guys not need to eat, drink, or breath? That'd be something cool and thematic without being incredibly useful in too many situations.
>>
>>55096831
>create a racial feat that lets them heal by resting
>and then give them a racial bonus feat
So what would be the point in giving them a Feat that they automatically get? Why not just drop the lack of natural healing entirely?
>>
>>55096926
No, I'm saying give them a flexible bonus feat, like humans get. People can take the racial feat if they want, but if they think they can get by without it, like if they can channel negative energy or something, they can spend it on something else.

Still, I also think that is an inelegant solution. You could make them heal from inflicting damage on other creatures or eating them, but that might make the race more maligned than you want.

The issue is that no other ability is going to adequately balance the lack of an ability to heal naturally. No amount of extra defenses will balance it, because then you'll have people that take the class and find a way to heal anyway, like by being a cleric that channels negative, an antipaladin with touch of corruption, or getting an anatomy doll made for themselves. Any ability you give them to make up for not healing naturally NEEDS to be some other ability that lets them heal in another way. No amount of extra defenses will cut it, especially since no matter how tough your defenses are you're still going to get hurt eventually.
>>
File: 1425617070215.png (901KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1425617070215.png
901KB, 600x848px
>>55097032
Hmmm. I hear what you're saying.

Alright, so, the race is somewhat based on the character of Duane, from Unsounded. An intelligent wight that has to maintain himself daily due to not naturally healing anymore. I liked the vibe of someone having to actually care about individual injuries because they are slowly rotting away with every hit.

Is there a better way for me to capture that feel with this race? Or would it be better to just remove the no-healing stuff and stick with Negative Energy or something?
>>
>>55097143
Unfortunately, I've never read/watched/whatever Unsounded, so I can't feel that feel you're trying to capture. But if you want them to have to care for individual injuries to keep from rotting, then you might give them a racial ability to perform a special heal check on themselves or others of the same race that restores hit points. At the same time, you should give them a racial bonus to heal checks (because it's something every member of the race would have to be experienced with), and make it so that it's plausible for them to use this sort of heal check to keep themselves patched up. You might even go so far as to just say they regain the same amount of HP some other race would regain from resting if they succeed at the check, but the check takes as long to perform as the amount of time other races have to spend sleeping. There's the risk of failing the check, but that probably balances out with the fact that not needing to sleep would make them great at pulling watch duty while patching themselves up. Then, maybe add a racial feat that allows them to heal themselves with negative energy x/day, for those who are worried about failing the check or needing to heal between fights without taking an 8-hour break with a surgery kit.
>>
>>55093703
>Tell us about the undead in your campaigns! How are they used, do the PCs use them much, are they entirely mindless?
I'm adding a cabal of undead to my campaign that appear human, but are controlled by a necromancer. The PCs will have to challenge them to fights and stuff (because Lucha Libre has taken the place of many social institutions like bidding for contracts and civil court) but won't necessarily know that they are actually undead. I'm actually considering limiting the undead in the world to just these guys because I think it would make them more unique, but there may end up being a vampire (nerfed to hell though because I'm running E6) because I like undead mostly when they are secret undead hiding among civilization.
>>
Quick question, /pfg/
I have the players taking orders from a dragon disguised as a human. I have no clue what the different colors of dragons do mechanically or lore wise. So, what color dragon best suits the character?
His name is Bast, but the players call him Bastard. He's the sole shop owner of the town, owning a horde of magical items, and he is manipulating the players to solve his quest for him. Alignment wise, he's CG towards the players, but he's actually LE, stealing control of the town.
I have looking through the books, and have stumbled on Copper, Gold, and possibly Blue to fit the general theme, but it says that the Metallic dragons are good aligned...
Please and thank you for your help, guys. I really appreciate you even reading this.
>>
>>55094013
It's interesting to see how many people who cry "stormwind fallacy" when you point out their focus on optimization are strictly optimizers who never actually discuss the characterization that makes up this incredibly optimal build that requires three career changes and a host of strange traits and feat selections.
>>
>>55094288
Because charisma is also the measure of your awareness of self, and zombies and skeletons have an awareness of self. Oozes only have the slightest awareness of self.
>>
>>55097387
That's absolutely Blue.
>>
File: Pain.png (315KB, 600x814px) Image search: [Google]
Pain.png
315KB, 600x814px
>>55097387
Unfortunately one of Pathfinder's many faults is their utter lack of any real lore with the draconic species, though generally speaking if you're looking for a schemer Blue is the color you're going to be looking for.
>>
File: animated-skeleton-image-0017.gif (9KB, 240x433px) Image search: [Google]
animated-skeleton-image-0017.gif
9KB, 240x433px
>>55093703
There are 3 "Classifications" of undead: True Undead, Echoes, and Paradead.

True undead are your typical always evil undead abominations, such as zombies, shades, and other such monstrosities. They are born of the corruption of the Null Lord's influence on the world. They are corrupted by his sorrow and power, driven by his will to consume life, energy, and to bring everything to nothingness. It is not Entropy the Null Lord seeks, but rather the cessation of all reality into nothingness, for he is filled with sorrow and views the concept of existence itself to be a curse.

Echoes are not really undead or even spirits, but rather they are the residual emotions, thoughts, and "echoes" of conscience left on reality. Ghosts and Poltergeists are the most common variety. They are not real spirits, nor are they actually the person which they appear to be, but rather they are merely a memory. As time passes, often these echoes will lose clarity, strength, and definition, becoming more faded as the echo of memory fades over times, until they are barely a spectre of a memory.

Paradead are not really undead either, but rather they are mortals who, through some pact with a powerful entity like an Archfiend or Outsider, have been altered and become a conduit of profane energy. This exposure and transformation destroys much of their life and spirit, and merely keeps them held together by an amount of profane energy that filled them in the first place, hence should they ever be found unworthy by their patron they run the risk of having the energy taken back leaving them to die. Vampires are the most well known Paradead, who are born of the Archfiend of Destructive Hedonism

Also, while not really undead, people who prefer the aesthetic without wanting to enter a pact will often use dead bodies and parts to create Animated objects instead
>>
File: 1404542060370.jpg (100KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1404542060370.jpg
100KB, 640x800px
>>55097215
>Wights
>Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
>Type: Humanoid (Undead)
>Size: Medium
>Base Speed: 30ft
>Languages: Common
>Undead Immunity: Wight’s are immune to poison, disease, and sleep effects.
>Resist Level Drain: Wights suffer no penalties from energy drain effects, but can still die if they possess more negative levels than hit die. Negative levels go away after 24 hours, without need for a save.
>Undead Resilience: Wights have +1 to their Natural Armor.
>Undead Vigilance: You do not require sleep, food, water, or even breath to live, though you can still drink potions for their benefits. During an 8 hour rest you must check yourself for injuries and rot, as specified in Unnatural Healing.
>Unnatural Healing: You cannot heal naturally without the aid of magic, meaning all Wights learn quickly to clean themselves up after battle. Wights gain a +4 Racial Bonus to Heal Checks, and they must pass a DC15 Heal check in order to gain the benefits of Natural Healing. This check takes a long time, so it can only be done during an 8 hour rest.
>Negative Energy Affinity: Positive Energy harms you and Negative Energy heals you.
>Stench: No matter how much you hide your nature, it is apparent to some what you are. Creatures with the Scent ability always treat you as having an Overpowering odor, and automatically know you are a Wight.
>Racial Bonus Feat: You gain a bonus feat at level one. You may select either the Panacea_of_Undeath feat, or any other Racial Feat. You may ignore the racial prerequisite of this feat, reflecting your race before death, but must meet all other prerequisites the feat may have.

>Panacea of Undeath: You heal naturally, as though you were a member of a living race. This is done by drawing latent negative energy into the material plane during an 8 hour rest.

Honestly, I feel like this balances out better than before. How does it feel to everyone else?
>>
File: hahaha what the fuck.jpg (11KB, 287x451px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha what the fuck.jpg
11KB, 287x451px
ART CARRIED
R
T

C
A
R
R
I
E
D
>>
>Want to run a high seas type adventure but the only thing I can think of are treasure hunts and piracy
>>
>>55097407
>this incredibly optimal build that requires three career changes and a host of strange traits and feat selections.
Are you high? Most optimized builds usually are only mono-class, or use a single dip in a specific class. Heck, it's especially the case in this particular instance since the original poster wanted to do an MC between two generally incompatible classes with most people wondering why he wouldn't just use a single class

Also, when you say "optimized builds" what kind of optimization are you talking about? Optimization is not a singular concept, but rather it's a method that can be applied to numerous different types of ventures and purposes. It is a tool used for making an end goal, whether it be for optomize for a specific flavor (live a character who wants to make a Puluran Starseeker deciding to make a Wizard with the Void school and that one Pact Mage Archetype), to wanting to just get some basics done early on to ensure he can do his job well enough to waste his later options and feats of more flavorful stuff (like a Barbarian taking Power Attack, Furious Focus, and Beast Totem early to he can futz with whatever else he wants for all his next levels), or because the game style he wants his character to have e requires a certain level of optimization and minmaxing to actually work as intended (like thrown weapon or crossbow builds needing you to take a bunch of feats as quick as possible to be able to keep up with most Longbow users)

Unless you're willing to make clear which type of optimization you like, as well as actually knowing what your talking about in regards to how it is used in this system, them any complaints you have against the "le stormwind conspiracy" are going to hold no weight, and will instead make you come across as ignorant and indignant towards other people's character design proclivities and philosophy, as well as your ignorance towards what the Stormwind Fallacy actually means and refers to
>>
>>55097710

Treasure hunts, piracy, exploration of new realms, meeting native tribes, rampant mercantilism! Throw in fantasy stuff! Dealing with underwater races! Raiding shipwrecks and temples on the sea floor! Cthulhu!

The abyss is the limit!
>>
>>55097710
You could be a Merchant, or perhaps run a Waterworld type game. Or perhaps rather than treasure hunting you instead focus solely on exploration, charting, and colonization.

Or a Naval Campaign or Ocean Monster Hunter game could work
>>
>>55097710
How about something similar to the Odyssey, where the adventure across the sea is part of a trip to travel across the world for a specific goal?
>>
File: duane.png (1MB, 1040x617px) Image search: [Google]
duane.png
1MB, 1040x617px
>>55097215
This is Duane. Say something nice to him.
>>
>>55097759
Hello Duane, I think your outfit looks spiffy.
>>
>>55097759
Duane you look like you have a great personality and sew all your own clothes.
>>
>>55097143
Comic looks sweet, thanks for the ref.
>>
>>55097697
>Art carried

If we're talking about art carried, can we talk about foxtits?
>>
>>55097143
There are rules for repairing constructs, and while they're going to be ridiculously overpriced for just maintaining a PC, you could at least use them as a reference point for doing your own thing. Not perfect, but kind of similar to how Duane has to stitch himself back together, and finding parts you can use can be part of the fun!

Definitely interested in hearing how you figure this out.
>>
>>55097912
I think this was by FAR the most self-shilled app in any /pfg/ game. Or at least the most overtly so.
>>
I've lost a player in my Saturday game of Way of the Wicked. With all the BAMBOOZLES going on lately, I'm guessing there are some guys chomping at the bit to get into a real game. Sure, you won't be jumping in at the beginning, but at least it's stable and defiantly happening.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86951/way-of-the-wicked
>>
>>55097998
And yet they still got in.
>>
>>55097998
smart move on the player's part. self shilling and memes is a sure fire way to up your chances of getting into a game.
>>
>>55097998
>the most self-shilled

did you already forget
>>
>>55098073
hi Rory
>>
>>55097998
Are you talking about Foxtits? Who are they anyway, and what game were they in? I didn't pay enough attention in /pfg/ history class recently.

>>55098037
Effective self-shilling requires that the game be popular enough to generate conversation in /pfg/ threads, or at least the imitation of genuine conversation via multiple people self-shilling. Since we're seeing fewer and fewer games hitting that level of interest, the amount of apps that can get in thanks to shilling (self-shilling or regular shilling) should be decreasing.
>>
>>55098102
The fact that we have no good games right now is really irritating. I'm on the verge of posting a 'boozle just to fill the void.
>>
So, we are playing two separated groups sharing the same setting. My GM has planned for a court assassin, the brother of my character, to hunt down the other group. I guess he will end up either killed or something. Revenge is a bit overplayed, what alternatives would you suggest for sibling relationship?
>>
>>55098348
That won't really fill the void for good games, and in the long run will only serve to make things worse since each bamboozle makes people less and less likely to trust games in the future. Step up to run a real game or get in line with the new by which I mean old, pre-game flood /pfg/ and find something to talk about besides games.
>>
>>55098374
So I guess we need to whine about SJWs and Iomedae again?
>>
>>55098348
There are 3 games currently recruiting, one of which is already a bamb. How would another fill the void, exactly?
>>
File: hellsing_ova_01.jpg (38KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
hellsing_ova_01.jpg
38KB, 704x396px
>have ideas for 3 different campaigns/settings
>Really want to properly make them
>Can't because it's impossible to sit down, focus, and get shit done proper for them
>Uni starts back up Monday, so I'll have even less time to work on them
Why must it hurt anons? I just want to worldbuild, when can't my fingers do what the brain desires?
>>
>>55098388
THERE AREN'T ENOUGH STRAIGHTS! JOHN Q. PAIZO CAN STUFF HIS AGENDA!
>>
Do any of the troves have the Wicked Fantasy stuff? I'm not finding it, but I might not be looking in the right folders.
>>
File: 1501556930885.png (3MB, 1038x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501556930885.png
3MB, 1038x1000px
>>55098388
Could be fun
>>
>>55098411

But anon, it's easy. If someone anon could bang out a half-coherent world from ten or twenty minutes of staring at a randomly generated map, you can probably swing something in your spare leisure hour.
>>
>>55098022
At first my heart leapt with joy thinking the campaign I wanted to join suddenly had an open slot.

Then I realized its you lot. Even as I expect nothing I still get disappointed.
>>
>>55098439
But anon that was me who started banging out P'ehfjee stuff. Now I'm in a rut and I don't know if I should.just start banging more stuff out here or not since I seemed to be the only one interested. Also it's late and I'm unsure I can keep the stream of inspiration to keep flowing. Also, cobbled together prompts and posts does not a setting make.
I should probably go to bed now too. I'm supposed to start getting ready to uni 6 hours from now, and haven gone to sleep yet
>>
>>55098403
>one of which is already a bamb
Its Idrive right? I mean, if its not him then I'm possibly setting myself up for another fucking boozle.
>>
>>55098479

>Cobbled together prompts and posts do not a setting make

Perhaps not, but they're a start. Personally, I think some of the stuff you wrote is pretty cool. That said, go to bed, anon. And sleep well.
>>
>>55098480
Not officially but it's already assumed. He's been pretty active about responding to questions and reviews. Dunno if that's his M.O. though. My bad on being unclear
>>
File: 1326660761839.jpg (400KB, 1106x822px) Image search: [Google]
1326660761839.jpg
400KB, 1106x822px
Was there any more news on that "build a guild" campaign?
>>
File: 1385952250854.png (470KB, 700x775px) Image search: [Google]
1385952250854.png
470KB, 700x775px
>>55098479
I'm sitting here in bed, tired and up past the time I should have gone to sleep too. Go to bed, Anon. You need some rest, not to worry about this. Life has so, so much more than just this one little hobby in it, so try not to dwell too much on Pathfinder- or any one thing, really.

Besides, we can always work on a setting another time. I was thinking about P'ehfjee just earlier today.

As far as making games goes, all you can do is hold on to them. You know better than anyone else if you can run a game or not right now. Don't let yourself run a game you can't run to its full potential, or play a game you can't play to its full potential. Hang on to those ideas though, because someday, maybe you will have the chance. And if that day comes and you tell us here about it in /pfg/, maybe I'll see your post and post back saying I remember you from before.
>>
File: Euron-Greyjoy-Dragon-binder-horn.jpg (130KB, 900x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Euron-Greyjoy-Dragon-binder-horn.jpg
130KB, 900x1277px
What would be his class?
>>
>>55098533
I don't think it will bamboozle in the traditional sense but really who wants to play in a game with no official time when /pfg/ people are already flaky and inattentive
>>
>>55096102
Only downside is you know who is trying to revive you, and can refuse it. So if you've heard of these guys you can still go off to the afterlife, but they'd probably still scam a newer adventurer or two.
>>
>>55097918
So far this >>55097686.

How's this? Thinking of adding a gold cost to healing, but seems a bit much.
>>
>>55099043
Oh, so I'm blind. Alright then.

I'm not well-versed in the mechanics, but I think it's probably okay, on the whole? The exact execution feels off - things like Undead being treated as a subtype rather than type - but I think the overall thing is probably good.

Heal checks are probably better than crafting rules, though the basic idea may still be applicable for repairing extreme damage. Losing your arm won't kill you, but it's definitely going to be a lot harder to fix than all the other injuries.

Not sold on Stench being absolute, but it's not awful. Not sold on Panacea existing, but practically speaking it probably should.

Pity that Pathfinder Pymary would be impractical, I think. But at least you can get the feel of the wight wright, if not the mechanics.
>>
>>55099335
>Pymary
Fuck yeah. Would love to see that, but.....

Huh. How WOULD Pathfinder Pymary work?
>>
Anyone have that google docs with the whole erotic homebrew? You've all seen it, it features erotic combat maneuvers and arousal stats and shit.
>>
>>55099488
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17XJBnbrF694xGoGSe9jC74oM-oKuBDougG_hFBHcBA4/edit#heading=h.z9h433hpvez2
>>
>>55099533
Thanks anon.
>>
>>55097716
>the /tg/ whiteroom theorycraft defense force represents
>>
>>55099335
>Losing your arm won't kill you, but it's definitely going to be a lot harder to fix than all the other injuries
...DC25 check?

>Stench
Someone told me a rotting corpse would be Godfucking awful smelling, and...eh. I might drop it anyway. What's your specific objection to it?

>Panacea
Again, what specifically is wrong with it?
>>
>>55099533
Since erotic damage seems to function a lot like nonlethal damage (-4 to hit, subdues when you exhaust not!hp instead of killing, etc) Do characters with IUS ignore the penalty?

I can definitely see some merit making use of this for certain situations but investing in it seems to be an all or nothing deal both in terms of function and character theme.
>>
why is the rope dart so bad
>>
>>55099734
something something water balloons
>>
>>55099911
reminder that waterballoon fighter is literally viable if they're ruled to by splash weapons via opportunist fighter.
>>
I got a question, was thinking of character ideas and I was thinking, what kind of class/character does /pgg/ think of when I describe somebody who rebels and is fighting against the world?

Not because he's a villain, but rather a possibly doomed hero instead. I had this kind of idea as a character but cant really visualize it
>>
>>55099986
additional reminder that if a splash weapon in this fashion it's also more capable than a crossbow.
>>
>>55100373
>what kind of class/character does /pgg/ think of when I describe somebody who rebels and is fighting against the world?
That's extremely broad and is more of a character motivation than a class description. You could hit upon that motivation with almost anything. You get closer to the class if you fill in the "why" and "how".
>>
Which non tier 1 class can fulfill any role with the same build and why is it the alchemist?
>>
>>55100373
Well when that's the only description or specifications you give of it I picture the typical college SJW; a whole lot of yelling or screeching, possible white-knight-syndrome and claiming conspiracy or attack from anything that makes the character even remotely uncomfortable especially mirrors.

They 'rebel and fight against the world' not for any real reason or with any actual effectiveness, but only because the hole in their heart from having no accomplishments or ambitions can only be filled by rage or enough alcohol to wake up with three shemales in bangkok.
>>
>>55100373
Empiricist Investigator Goblin Slayer.
>>
>>55099651
>I have no response, rebuttal, nor will I support my own previous claims and clarify myself, so I shall instead resort to le whiteroom memes
I can smell the butthurt from here
>>
>tfw back in the meme circus
That instant taste of regret though
>>
>>55101361
It's half hilarious and half saddening when people resort to that meme. I mean you could have two classes, 100% identical, except one has 2 less skill points per level and BAB 15 instead of 20; otherwise completely and utterly the same in every way, and calling the better one better would get these fucktards coming out of the woodwork.

It's like they're worried that if your character's as capable as theirs, they'll not hog the spotlight in every scene, and are trying to dissuade people in general from making anything that's good.
>>
>>55100373
Homebrew, but SSDK's Soulforger class is basically fluffed as breaking rank with conventional magic due to not getting any from whatever source they wanted, turning to the dark side and making people's souls into fuel instead.
>>
I want to make love to our party's smug Elf!
>>
>>55101973
Mycroft pls.
>>
>>55101978
Who's Mycroft?
>>
>>55099661
Stench is mostly quibbling - my first reaction was that it shouldn't automatically be overpowering, period, but it's not really a deal-breaker. Scent should probably make them unpleasant either way. Panacea mostly just feels like it's an easy out for something that's core to the racial concept, but from a practical perspective it should probably exist anyway. Let players and DMs accept or deny the feat to taste, I guess.

I don't exactly like it, but I'm not going to say you shouldn't have it.

>>55099425
I'm not sure it really would. My gut feeling is that Pymary probably needs something more narrative than mechanically focused to work. Pathfinder could probably do a comparatively decent job capturing it as a system, but I'm not convinced it could do a could job replicating a wright.

It's not impossible, but it would probably be a fairly weird system next to everything else.
>>
Can someone give me the short version on the Gonzo dealer?
>>
>>55093981
Turns out I did a few oopsies in not clarifying things like proficiency and whatnot, as well as the fact that Bone Weapon is a really silly thing to name a thing that's supposed to be a distinctly different thing from the Bone Totem Totem Weapon. So here's a V1.1 for Totem Archetypes.
https://pastebin.com/j6xcXaew
>>
>>55093703
How does brace work? Do you have to select a target or can you decide to hit anyone as soon as someone bullrushes into your threatened squares?
>>
>>55102457
Alright then. I'll probably tone down stench a bit then. I agree the feat's odd, but I can't really see my way around it. Thanks for putting up with my questions mate!
>>
>>55103494
No. Brace let's you prepare an action to deal double damage against a charging enemy. AoP does not count as brace nor does somebody bullrushing the target in your range.
>>
>>55101973

Don't, anon. You'll just end up with a bunch of elf larvae, and when they pupate, you'll have a bunch of horrifying and grotesque insect monsters running around until they metamorphose into "normal" elves seventy years later or so.
>>
>>55103567
But if someone walks into range they still get AoO?
>>
>>55104228
And I assume this just works only once and not anyone charging into the brace during this round.
>>
>>55104055
>You'll just end up with a bunch of elf larvae

Not unless you're human, in which case she's carrying those babies the natural way.
>>
>>55104228
Yes, because preparing an action won't stop you from doing AoO, but it won't trigger brace unless it was a charge, at which point it's not an AoO in the first place.
>>
>>55104432
Assuming it hits, does it stop the charge?
>>
>>55104432
In combination with reflexive Brace you still do double damage?
>>
>>55104530
Not unless it kills it. A boar will keep coming at you unless the spear you managed to lodge into it's skull kills or is somehow anchored in a way that the boar can't break free of it.

>>55104570
Yes, since you are doing the brace action.
>>
Is Sedwitch or Companion to the Lonely Vigilante more memetic for prostitution?
>>
>>55105215
Sedwitch. Companion to the lonely is more of a "Friends with benefits" type dealio while Sedwitch is straight up "u wan succ?"
>>
>>55105215
CttL, because prostitutes generally aren't 8th level.

Of course, you can always take both
>>
>>55105215
Reminder that Legendary Villains: Vigilantes has the Extra Social Talent feat, which is accessible for non-vigilantes at level 5; this means you can EASILY just slip a Companion to the Lonely onto your Seducer Witch without even blinking.
>>
>>55105470
I'd like to slip something else into your Seducer Witch
>>
>>55105215
>Is Sedwitch or Companion to the Lonely Vigilante more memetic for prostitution?

Companion to the Lonely, Seducer Witch just makes you a flagrant slut.
>>
>>55105626
I want to app as a flagrant slut! What are some good slut games that are still open?
>>
>>55105660
None, really. The games that are currently available don't lend themselves too well to slutty characters. You could wait for anon to run that Guild campaign and become the madam for a whole bunch of prostitutes, though, or maybe wait for anon to run a campaign of Ruins of Azlant or Reign of Winter and play the local whore!
>>
>>55105685
Aw, alright. I'll search for slutty witch art in the meantime.
Any famous slutty witches from the annals of /pfg/ history to avoid imitating too closely? Don't wanna look derivative.
>>
>>55105714
>Any famous slutty witches from the annals of /pfg/ history to avoid imitating too closely?

There's Branwen played by IKiD for Blingmaker, though she's not explicitly slutty beyond being extremely top-heavy, flirty and obsessed with indulging herself in the pursuit of wealth. The only thing you should avoid so you don't imitate her too closely is playing a cocksure country-girl that thinks herself more wise in the ways of love and relationships than she actually is.

In other words, don't play your witch as a slut that needs to be "taught" love, either make her a confident older woman that's comfortable in her sexuality, or perhaps someone that's just enjoying herself while keeping an eye out for "The One," or hell even someone that sees her extreme libido in a spiritual sense (you're getting powers from getting pumped, aren't you?)
>>
What's a good amount of damage for a level 8 face smasher?
>>
>>55105837
Barbarian or not barbarian?
>>
>>55105871
Both? I'm just trying to get a benchmark.
>>
>>55105685
You clearly aren't in the Discord then because all the discussion about Starstone is just a circle jerk around Eros homebrew and people who need Gatorade for their thrist.
>>
>>55105926
Yeah... But, you see, Starstone's a silly game for silly people. Slutty witches really have no place in Magical Academy SoL campaigns.
>>
>>55105903
Lessee: You are probably minimum 1d8 weapon, so let's say 4 from that. Power attack gives you +6 or +9 if two handing, +4 from STR +6 if two handing and somewhere between +2 to +6 from so let's say +4 from that, items probably give you a +1 or +2 and party buffs probably somewhere around +4

So around upper 20's per hit generously speaking. Pushing it would make it well above 40 a hit, but that would sacrifice everything for the sake of one good hit ala vital strike builds or AC-WHat's-That? barbarian builds.
>>
>>55105954
>tfw just apped as a slutty witch to starstone
Don't do this to me!
>>
>>55105837
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/monsterCreation.html

The benchmark is being able to reliably two-round a creature of CR equal to your level.
CR8 has average 100HP, and 21AC.

So factoring in your chance to hit a 21AC creature and calculating your average damage accordingly, anywhere in the 55-100 average damage range is good. 100+ means you're super stronk for your level.
>>
>>55105714
SSD is playing a 100% unironic CttL SedWitch/Vigilante in Essentia, which is not even a lewd game
I wonder what became of that
>>
>>55106384
We'll never know now because pfg developed a culture that shuts down people who want to talk about how their games are going.
>>
>>55106232
Do we wanna have a slut-off? Link your slut.
>>
>>55106485
Fuck those people. Everyone needs to share their stuff. If everyone does it, the two nerds who hate fun can't do shit about it.

Take the power back! Greentext! Story time! Talk about your characters! Fuck the bitch ass niggas that don't wanna hear it.
>>
I have seen feats and classes that basically enable a character to rock a spear and shield combo like a Greek Hoplite, Phalanx or a Roman Triarii but then this had me thinking. Is it even feasible to use such a combo as an adventurer in reality? You are not fighting in formation after all

Sorry, sometimes stuff like this feels like it might break my suspension of disbelief
>>
>>55106498
She's not actually that slutty

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5437739/academy-enrollment/?pageforid=5461328#post-5461328

Her mom on the other hand....
>>
>>55106545
Yes? A spear is perfectly viable in combat, even out of formation. Arguably you might want to use two hands for greater control, but the shield stops you from being dead, so... sacrifices have to be made.
>>
>>55106554
>I'm so popular you should know everything about me
>>
>>55106580
>you might want to use two hands for greater control

And speed. Two-handing a spear allows you to make ridiculously fast moves, plus its greater length allows you to stay away from, say, a sword-and-board fighter's killing zone.
>>
>>55106554
Heh, it's you. Not sure I could outslut an infamous slut.
>>
>>55106633
Yeah, against a sword and board fighter, you'd probably drop the shield cause if they get in under your spear, your shield isn't saving you for long anyways.

In combat with several enemies though, even if you aren't in formation, a shield's probably worth having. Realistically speaking of course.

In Pathfinder, why the fuck aren't you two-handing for more damage.
>>
Question, for what I understand from disguise skill if you want to disguise as a different race you have a -2, but what if you just want to cover the features that give you away as specifically your race?
>>
>>55106545
In this game we have things called "npc only content" what we mean by this is that there are certain feats, spells, traits, etc that is so ridiculously situational that it is a huge risk for a PC to invest on it. But npcs do not follow this limitation. NPCs are often one shot characters or designed to perform only in certain situations, so this is where you take your shitty ultrasituational feats and you give it to them.
>>
>>55106697
So how do you cover your fucked up skull shape/weird looking eyes/alien looking limbs as an elf pretending to be a human?
>>
What do you guys think of black ship? Does it look like a one shot or will it last long enough and cover enough about the setting to warrant writing a character intended to develop during the campaign?
>>
>>55106807
Oh the irony.

>>55106756
>There's plans for a larger story, depending on how things go and what the players want to do. It's not an Adventure Path but it's at least a good-sized module.
>>
>>55106725
>pretending to be a human
That's the thing, I'm not pretending to be a human or anything, I'm prettending not to be what I'm
>>
>>55106832
You have to be something, anon. If you're disguising as "not a race" then you are still disguising as a race that isn't your own, and thus take the -2.
>>
>>55106807
>GM answered that already you pleb.
>>55106824

The question is more about how you see the GM. Do they have it in them to run a 10 session campaign? How about a 20 session one?
>>
>>55106725
Hood and veil, contact lenses and baggy clothing.
>>
>>55095375
Rajah is pretty great. The new one coming out (Nexus?) is... okay.
>>
>>55106872
What I imagined, game doesn't contemplate hiding features.
>>
>>55106640
You miss 100% of the dicks you don't try for anon!
>>
>>55106935
Yeah, but Vult is on another level. I'm not sure anyone here can match that magnitude of lasciviousness.
>>
>>55106872
>We're looking for a dude with wings and a tail...look, that dude doesn't seem to have wings and a tail but is clearly not looking like any race we recognize therefore he has wings and a tail so is the guy we're looking for
>>
>>55106973
Look man, the worst that could happen is you share a big fat monster dick with Vults slut
>>
Which two-handed finesse weapon is the best?
>>
File: chap4201.jpg (54KB, 503x458px) Image search: [Google]
chap4201.jpg
54KB, 503x458px
At what age would an elite court assassin picked up and separated from his family and begin his/her training?
>>
>>55107040
Elven curve blade
>>
>>55107071
At 5 or 6, picking pockets and learning stealth as a street urchin marked for a future role. Then brought on as a page around 12-15 to learn upper class manners and formal education.
>>
>>55107040
I personally like the Estoc
>>
>>55107040
Estoc
>>
>>55107040
Bardiche
>>
How do I into strfags without relying on armor for not dying in rusty level shanktown?
>>
>>55107216
you're basically asking for Brutal Slayer Stalker.
>>
>>55107226
Lets pretend that 3pp isnt a thing.
>>
>>55107338
You unchained monk. Or something.
>>
>>55107338
>No 3pp

NANI?!
>>
>>55107338
What that guy said, Monk. Otherwise, you're fucked.
>>
>>55107338
Well brawler gets a dodge bonus at higher levels when wearing light or no armor, but that's still a slim comfort considering that going STR means you don't have dex to your armor, so you end up tanking with your face for most of the time. Otherwise UCMonk and go WIS/STR but even then you probably will tank a face hits.

>>55107372
Some people don't play with 3pp
>>
>>55107393
Those people die if they go str based and unarmored.
>>
Ruins of Azlant campaign when?
>>
>>55107425
My current monk (25 pb) has AC 15 at 1st level and is Str based (18 Str)
>>
>>55107464
>ONLY 15 AC as a monk
>with 25 PB

nani the fuck
>>
>>55107216
Iroran Paladin is pretty good at this. Light Armor and doesn't afraid of anything because they get CHA-to-Armor on top of Dex. Of course, in Rusty Dagger Shanktown you're still in trouble because their CHA-to-AC is limited by level, but still.
>>
>>55107464
RIP
A dude wearing a chain shirt probably has more armor than you.
>>
>>55107482
You're right, I forgot Dodge, 16 AC then.
>>
>>55107216
>>55107498
Also, being paladonks they also have LoH, meaning they can handle a fair bit of facetanking in a pinch.
>>
>>55107500
We're already at 3rd level, didn't RIP yet
>>
>>55107338
>Play str based beastmorph/vivisectionist
>Everyone else is ranged or a spellcaster
>Party makes me skillmonkey because muh class skills
>Chain shirt makes these checks crazy hard as it is because no dex bonus
>Be a good cuck and spend a good chunk of my starting wealth on mwk tools
>Traps blowing up all over my face so often that I start to think I'm in boku no pico
>Facetank everything
>Keep thinking how I'll fuck everyone up when my tumor gets shield other at lvl 5
>Just you wait motherfuckers
>Die by lvl 3 from a combination of poverty and an ogre bashing my brains out

Low level non heavy armor str fags are a nightmare in rusty dagger shanktown
>>
>>55107338
Battlerager Abyssal bloodline
Ragebreed race
Adopted toothy

Transform and get 6 attacks at 1st level. No better defense like a great offense
>>
>>55107684
I always wanted to play a catfolk with toothy and claws just so I can do that shit for free all day. Too bad GMs would probably shoot me down if I ever asked.
>>
>>55107725
i dunno, have you ever been bitten by a cat? Hurts, man.
>>
>>55107725
Could be worse, vivisectionist ragebred, now you not only have 6 attacks, you also have sneak attack on all of them
>>
File: 1318706496440.png (495KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1318706496440.png
495KB, 720x540px
>>55107746
>"So basically you're telling me that mr meow meow has teeth strong enough to bite through armor because he was adopted by orcs?"
>"B-but mr meow meow grew up eating momma orc's orcish bread which we all know is partially made of gravel so his jaws are super strong..."
>"Why would orcs adopt a catfolk anyways?"
>>
>>55107746
Their teeth feel like needles even when they're play-biting, it's wild.

Doesn't help their claws make your skin itch like hell.
>>
>>55107836
Mr Meow Meow is the beloved slave of the chieftain's daughter, to challenge him is to challenge the chief himself.
>>
>>55107836
You're forgetting mr meow meow is the size of a human, and that chimpanzees, smaller than humans, will tear you apart with their teeth. So yeah, I totally believe a human sized tiger can make ouchy with its teeth
>>
How do you make a character that can swap between transformations that make them more powerful without playing a Druid or its equivalent? Pic related
>>
>>55107899
>arcane bloodrager
>At 1st level you blood rage (+4 str and con)
>At 16th level you also transform when blood raging (+4 to str, dex and con extra)
>>
>>55107836
>>"Why would orcs adopt a catfolk anyways?"
Exotic, favored slave. Vague Prophecy. The Orcs work with a particularly barbarous tribe of catfolk?

Look at it like this, it's not as farfetched as humans taken Adopted: Kobold Prehensile tail and trying to use a kobold tail attachment.
>>
File: DUnMeshWhat.png (223KB, 405x797px) Image search: [Google]
DUnMeshWhat.png
223KB, 405x797px
>>55107897
>catfolk can't naturally get a bite attack

every time I think about this it gets dumber
>>
File: 1498401332012.jpg (51KB, 540x677px) Image search: [Google]
1498401332012.jpg
51KB, 540x677px
>>55107963
Fuck Anon you made me imagine a human adventurer walking around with his scalesuit trying to flail his fake tail at enemies.
>>
>>55107983
They probably don't want catfolk with bite/claw/claw pouncing all over the place.
>>
>>55107983
That's paizos mistake, but they should have a trait or something, their pics clearly show they have fangs bigger than for example Tieflings who btw get bite attack
>>
>>55108010
I want to play a campaign of LARPers and furries in Golarion.
>>
How can I make monsters legitimate threat to the society, not just sandbacks that drop items?
>>
>>55108043
>Party visits beast tribe village
>Residents collectively roll their eyes as the party tries to integrate
>>
>>55107983
>Scaleheart don't get claw or tail attack
>Fanglord get claw attack
I'm not sure it follows a natural logic and more a balance mechanic logic
>>
>>55108043
So.... Pathfinder Society?
>>
>>55108081
>I'm not sure it follows a natural logic and more a balance mechanic logic
>Paizo
>balance mechanic logic

it doesn't even do that
>>
>>55108061
Have them use tactics.
Give them maneuvers.
Have them wipe out a village before PCs show up.

Have you read Goblin Slayer?
>>
>>55108104
well, whatever the devs think is balance. Ok, it follows their logic, which differs from the rest of the world's
>>
>>55108010
> Captcha: Foxes ATHLETES
>>
Why are you guys still playing a game whose idiot developers despise your very existence?
>>
>be at 3rd level
>still nobody has failed a save against my spells
>have 20 Int
>barb has 24 str when raging
>even when he rolls 15 he fails most of his attacks
>GM swears we're playing a not tinkered AP
>>
>>55108142
Why haven't you posted this on all the other generals yet?
>>
>>55108162
Christ almighty, what are you going up against, armored hulks?
>>
>>55108142
Because nobody else seems to play other games. I in fact tried to DM other games with hope that will spread a germ and maybe have other people DMing other games...no success so far, in fact I can't rarely find people in my city and the near ones, everybody replies with "no PF, no D&D?, sorry, not interested".
>>
>>55108187
Our first encounter was against goblins, my will CD 16 on 1st level spells meant fucking nothing to them. And the barb only hit on 14+, 17+ against the leader.
>>
File: orcs_and_humans_419.jpg (62KB, 442x293px) Image search: [Google]
orcs_and_humans_419.jpg
62KB, 442x293px
>>55108061

Ravening hordes of blood-crazed beasts that seek the destruction of all that is good and beautiful at the behest of malevolent alien intelligences?
>>
File: NICE ROMAN.gif (996KB, 402x234px) Image search: [Google]
NICE ROMAN.gif
996KB, 402x234px
>>55108061
Make them very territorial beasts, and make them something small fry adventurers or guards can't handle.
>>
>>55108324
>Orcs
>Blood-crazed savages

Ugh
>>
>>55108400
>BBEG
Ugh
>>
>>55108421
>Ugh
ugh
>>
>>55108225
Rise of the runelords?
>>
>>55108225
Assuming your Barbarian has an attack bonus of ~11 based on your previous post, hitting with 14+ means your enemies have AC values of 25 and higher. Those numbers are something you'd find on CR10+ creatures, not some shitty goblins.

So yeah, that's definitively some bullshit.
>>
>>55108400
>>55108421
>>55108438
What's with the cavemen in this thread?
>>
>>55108518
I don't know, but an all-Kellid campaign about discovering fire might actually be fun.
>>
>>55108441
No idea, I only played 2 (kingmaker and jade regent) but he swears is an AP
>>55108502
At 1st level the barb had 8 to hit though, 1 from bab 5 from str 2 more whenr raging, and was the encounter I was mentioning
>>
>>55108595
How is he going to give you an AP to play without giving you the player's manual?

And no, this is 100% tinkered with, goblins don't have ac 22 unless the dm is doing something retarded, and didn't you say you were 3rd level?
>>
>>55108630
I said we were 3rd level, but I also said our first (as in the game) was the goblins

here >>55108162 I said "still", because we have been dealing with this for 2 levels now
>>
>>55107983
Compared to canines, cats don't bite that hard, further in hunting they often rely on going for a grab/submission before buying the neck, while a canine will year you up regardless

Plus, the shortened rostrum of felines is not conducive to bite-oriented fighting
>>
>>55108142
Out of sheer spite of said developers
>>
>>55108547
"Unga, behold! Me am discover fire!"

"Bunga behold! Me am discover rocket launcher from iron rock!"
>>
>>55108755
Horizon: Zero Dawn?
>>
>>55108710
and yet a dinky ass tiefling can have a bite attack
>>
You know what would be fun? Predator/prey dynamic between the party.

Imagine having a catfolk or skinwalker in the same party as a ratfolk/sheep agathion. It'd be hilarious how they'd try to get along at first but conflict arises as one end can't keep his predator instinct from triggering when the ratfolk runs a little too fast or the sheep folk wandering away from the party.

One side gets pounced/herded back to the flock while the others get spray bottled/smacked on the nose with a newspaper.
>>
>>55108767
Have you not heard of fucking Numeria?
>>
>>55108679
He's bullshiting you, no way in hell goblins have AC 20+ as a 1st level encounter
>>
>>55108771
A tiefling's ass is anything but dinky.
>>
>>55108679
Punch him in the face, the guy is bullshitting you.
>>
File: Sheep_girl7.png (168KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Sheep_girl7.png
168KB, 500x666px
>>55108790
This bullies the beep. Please don't bully the beep.

alternately you could go with something like kindred from league
>>
>>55109099
I thought we didn't allow furries to leave /b/. If you are going to be degenerate fuck at least be a degenerate fuck with at least tangentially human creatures.
>>
>>55109099
>Beep gets piece of her wool stuck on nail and doesnt notice it trailing behind as she walks around
>Catfolk sees it, knows something bad is about to happen, bites his instincts back and tries to focus on protecting the party's flanks
>5 mins later the beep gets pounced
>>
File: Sheep_girl4.jpg (54KB, 480x525px) Image search: [Google]
Sheep_girl4.jpg
54KB, 480x525px
>>55109164
You sound like you need a hug.
>>
>>55109164
>No furries allowed

Where_do_you_think_you_are.tiff
>>
>>55109189
>tiff

>tiff
>not yiff
>>
File: BEGONE.jpg (46KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
BEGONE.jpg
46KB, 600x551px
>>55108790
>tfw this scenario played out in your game

Feels good being an awoo
>>
>>55108790
No because despite being based on animals they aren't animals. Their average intelligence is in the double digits. Get your fetishes out of this place or at least keep to cat girls without straight up fucking a cat.
>>
File: Brown Cat in a Box.jpg (123KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
Brown Cat in a Box.jpg
123KB, 1200x799px
>>55109276
I'll just see myself out then
>>
>>55109276
>Implying humans don't regularly get subtle urges to chase lone chickens and pick fruit.
>>
>>55109362
>and pick fruit

Whenever I see a tree full of apples, I must pick some.

Shiny things always grab my attention, too.
>>
>>55109350
Shoebox pls go
>>
File: fb9.gif (315KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fb9.gif
315KB, 600x600px
>>55109164
>/b/
>Not knowing that's why /trash/ exists
>Forgetting that /tg/ is infamously one of the most xenophilic/closet-fur boards after /co/
>>
File: 1449344763252.png (361KB, 473x675px) Image search: [Google]
1449344763252.png
361KB, 473x675px
There oughta be a campaign where we start in Pathfinder and play the descendants of our characters in Starfinder!
>>
>>55109449
Wouldn't that reduce the party size to at least half though?
>>
>>55109466
>shipping
kys
>>
>>55109466
That assumes that every PC shacks up with every other PC and that people can't have multiple descendants. That kind of how family trees work.
>>
Is there a way to get a hydra as a mount?
>>
Are mermaids, lamias and centaurs counted as furries?
>>
>>55109547
Yes, get out.
>>
>>55109547

All things are counted as furries, anon. Mermaids, lamias, centaurs, people from Oregon, the Post Office. It's an elaborate conspiracy going back twenty thousand years to the formation of the secret Byzantine Empire, not that fake one that existed during recorded human history.
>>
>>55109582
Don't listen to this furry. There is no secret Byzantine Empire.
>>
>>55109582
I bet the jews are behind this.
>>
Reminder to recycle thread:
>>55093714
>>
>>55109466
Are you suggesting someone can't have multiple children? Or their children having multiple children?
>>
>>55109690

>2017
>Having more than one child

Ugh.
>>
>>55109832
Delete yourself
>>
>>55109832
>Having any children at all
>Being a BREEDER

UGH
>>
>>55110155

>Agreeing with the VHEMT
You sicken me
>>
File: TIRGEREDD.jpg (27KB, 497x346px) Image search: [Google]
TIRGEREDD.jpg
27KB, 497x346px
>>55110436
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.