[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 49

File: 1502765160556.jpg (91KB, 564x840px) Image search: [Google]
1502765160556.jpg
91KB, 564x840px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Slumming it Edition
Tell us about the slums you have in your campaigns. Do they have their own unique flavors or are they nondescript and generic?

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55064278
>>
Who here has parties freak out at the horrors of war.

My players found a hobgoblin camp where the hobgoblins had captures and tortured several people. My players got really freaked out at the tortured and prisoners who were being starved.
>>
>>55079453
I have. It's usually only one or two players, while the "too cool for school" kids scoff at the captured for being weak, but a few have gotten shaken up IC about it.
>>
So I understand it would be ridiculous to give iconics to all the archetypes, but couldn't they have generic npcs so that I don't have to stat out graplecentric luchadors manually.
>>
File: 1468079908483.jpg (79KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1468079908483.jpg
79KB, 500x702px
>>55079453
>My players got really freaked out at the tortured and prisoners who were being starved.
Why? Yeah, being a POW is never good, ad torturing war prisoners is always had and horrendous, but why would the players ooc start freaking out? I mean, its what happens during a war when one of the sides has less scruples about ethics towards their enemies. Heck, considering how consistently Evil hobgoblins are, one would expect tortirng war-slaves to be par for the course, and starving them makes sense from a purely practical standpoint since it can be a pain to have to consistantly provide resources and provisions for prisoners who aren't beneficial to you in anyway. Really, unless they're looking for slaves to break or force to do engineer work(ala Bridge on the River Kwai), or are looking to perform Ransom, it would actually make more sense fro Hobs to take no prisoners and kill most victims and enemy soldiers, save for the few they would sacrifice to whatever evil god they worship.
>>
how evil would it be to not tell people to get cold weather starting gear for reign of winter?
>>
>>55080432
If they heard the title and premise, and didn't immediately buy cold weather gear, then they deserve whatever happens next.
>>
>>55079415
Not really a slum, but the world's second biggest city in my setting has a massive tent city outside of its walls that would make the city the biggest in the world if the government would recognize it as a part of the city.
Nomadic peoples stop there to trade without going into the city, and merchants living in the city go out to peddle their wares to the foreigners. Crime is a problem out there because the city guards don't have jurisdiction outside the walls, so sellswords flock there for easy work as bodyguards and mercenaries.
>>
>>55079415
Most of my games have been based in Ustalav, and given the inherent nature of traveling monster hunters, many times the party ends up staying in the slums of the larger cities. I try to make each county's slums seem different, emphasizing the local color (and problems). For example, Kavapesta, seat of the Penitent faith, has many homeless and impoverished: and many of them will spit on you if you offer them coin or food. They are not beggars or vagrants, but ascetics who take the harsh teachings of the Penitent creed to an extreme conclusion: rejecting all comforts in this life (and indeed, even trying to engender higher levels of suffering: drinking tainted water, engaging in flagellation and rubbing filth in the wounds, sleeping on hard stones while exposed to the elements, etc.) so that they might be rewarded in the hereafter.
>>
>>55080755
What's Black Ship?
>>
Can anyone drop the Legion of Paper Summoner feat description? Not sure if thats it's exact name, but it doesnt seem to be on the SRD and I cant find it anywhere for some damn reason.
>>
I literally don't trust /pfg/ games not to be bamboozles unless i know the GM
>>
>>55080432
>>55080475
In character there's basically no reason to start with it, though, considering the game canonically starts in Taldane in the middle of the goddamn summer. So you either sensibly metagame and buy it or you suffer real bad.

Reign has some... problems.
>>
>>55079415
Not a slum so much as a backwater town. The town is called Dirt. The local dirt farmers farm dirt. They dirty prostitutes take dirt baths. They have never seen anything so extravagant as mud. They elected a goblin as mayor. We accidentally destroyed 2/5 standing structures in the town, luckily the tavern was unharmed.
>>
>>55081063
Do they get teleported to the middle of Irrisen?
>>
>>55081063
I mean you DO start in a town that's beset by winter, and it's not that far out of the realm of possibility for one of the town's craftsmen to make cold weather gear on commission. It'd only cost like what, 10gp? If even that.
>>
>>55081256
Yep.

>>55081307
You're not wrong, but it's outside the time frame for the adventure to actually craft items. Crafting rules even for mundane things are pretty awful if you bother to actually use them, and the adventure doesn't give a whole lot of guidance. You're also put on a clock to rescue someone at the start, so waiting a day or two for people to make cold weather cloaks should probably result in failing.

It's a fixable problem, definitely. The easiest solution is just to put them some place that at least knows what cold weather is, even if it's unusual for that time of your. There's really no reason to start it in Taldane instead of Varisia, which fixes a lot of those problems.
>>
>>55081063
I mean not all metagaming is bad. There's a reason why players guides exist and why "that's what my character would do!" is such a fucking meme.
>>
>>55081365
>It's a fixable problem, definitely. The easiest solution is just to put them some place that at least knows what cold weather is, even if it's unusual for that time of your. There's really no reason to start it in Taldane instead of Varisia, which fixes a lot of those problems.

The Adventure Path explicitly says the local store has Cold Weather Outfits, and you should buy some before venturing into the forest.
>>
>>55081377
Yeah, it's just... usually for the Player's Guide you get told to design your character in such and such way that they'll buy heavily into the adventure, which is good. And the campaign traits tie into that, with them including things like exiled winter witches, barbarians, people from the Land of Linnorm Kings. It's just undercut by also starting in Taldor for some reason, so your character probably comes from the north but is now chilling out in Southern Taldor, which is a few miles away from Arabian Nights.
>>
>>55081426
Yeah, that shit is really fucking awkward. I really don't know why they do shit like that.
>>
Is any of the Wicked Fantasy stuff in the troves?
>>
>>55079415
>world is depopulated
>cities have fallen back to their old walls
>the surrounding city has been forsaken to the night
>monsters and criminals skulk through them
>public works projects try to level them and rebuild the city
>People keep trying to move to the countryside
>Inevitably get raided by monsters and forced back to the slums
>The cycle continues
Add on to that that the "sewers" of the city are just the city from 200 years ago, sunken into the ground and repurposed.

It's good stuff.
>>
What're the currently recruiting games? Been away for a couple weeks, would like to see what's up.
>>
>want to play tabletop rpg
>no friends
>public tabletop events are at days where I'm unavailable
I just want to know what its like roleplaying in someones story and have "fun". It ain't fair
>>
>>55081987
Online nigga.
>>
>>55081987
Apply to online games. I think there are 3 currently recruiting here, though I only have the link to one.
>>
>Kitsune Oracle with Superior Shapeshifter and the Lame curse.
Superior shifter gives fox shape as per beast shape II. as far as I can tell that means: Tiny -2 str, +4 dex, +1 to Nat Armor, Bite 1d4,scent, base land speed of 40 (no other size modifiers from going Medium to tiny?)

Does the shape change modify land speed in spite of the lame curse, or does the fox speed drop?
>>
>>55082235

There doesn't seem to be any specific information regarding this interaction, but the description for the oracle's curse states that it can't be removed or dispelled without the aid of a deity-as such, I'm inclined to think that you have reduced speed even in your fox form.
>>
>>55082235
Fox form drops to 30.
>>
>>55081795
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87074/assault-on-the-black-ship
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86942/starstone-academy-of-the-deific-arts
>>
File: the_kitsune_archer_by_jeddibub.jpg (224KB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
the_kitsune_archer_by_jeddibub.jpg
224KB, 723x1000px
>>55082328
>>55082341
Argument can be made that canidae can run just fine on 3 legs.

Mostly thanks for answering when so many of the piazo junkies are over on the much faster paced starfinder thread
>>
>>55082422
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87353/schrodingers-goddess

Forgot one, my bad.
>>
>>55082440
>I.Drive asking about Seducer Witch

oboy, here he goes raping again.
>>
>>55082428
Mechanics doesn't care how many legs you have, or if you have any at all. Except gimpy merfolk, I don't think land speed can drop below 5 feet.
>>
>>55082552
IDrive is like Krombopulous Michael, but with rape instead of killing? He'll rape anybody, anytime, anywhere?
>>
>>55082800
Women, children, old people. He just loves raping.
>>
>>55082859
>"Oh boy, here I go raping again!"
>>
Alright /pfg/ as a prospective future memegame GM, what are some things I need to do to ensure that it isn't a shitshow, and that /pfg/ actually gives a fuck about it?
>>
File: kyubi-full.jpg (127KB, 648x700px) Image search: [Google]
kyubi-full.jpg
127KB, 648x700px
>>55082428
If the curse was anything but lame, could a superior shapeshifter sleep in armor in fix form since their gear melds into their body?
>>
>>55083428
>what are some things I need to do to ensure that it isn't a shitshow
Don't recruit the hacker known as 4chan.
>>
>>55083428
20-30 Point Buy. Preferably 25 minimum, but people have turned out for 20. Gestalt is a big temptation, but somewhat optional. Stay away from mythic. Have a solid premise, obviously. Make lewd "optional"
>>
>>55083441
You idiot, his name is Anonymous.

4chan is his hacker hangout where he colludes with his hacker friends (Also named Anonymous) to infiltrate the White House.
>>
>>55083428
A good story, with a solid concept that provides room for actual character development.

25 PB, standard assortment of 3pp, 3rd level start.

After that, it just depends on which celebs take the bait, and if their participation is enough to stir up other people's interest.
>>
>>55083506
>standard assortment of 3pp
I pass on every game I see path of why or sphereshit touch.
>>
>>55083517
Good for you!

Fortunately, pretty much every other player here has good taste, so they prefer such content.
>>
>>55083428
>25+ point buy
>level 3 start
>gestalt
>wide range of available time slots or just "time slot to be determined by player availability"
>1-2 month long application process
>"as lewd as the players want to go"
>preferably an AP that people have been wanting somebody to run (CotCT and RoW come to mind) or set in an area of Golarion people always want to explore (LotLK, Brevoy or Taldor)

After that, all you can do is hope you get a few celebs and memesters jumping on board early and the circus should wind itself up.
>>
>>55079353
I was asleep that late m8. Not everyone who talks about Intrigue is me.
>>
>>55083539
>good taste
>the shit everyone points to when they say 3p shit is, of course, shit
It's okay anon. We can't all have good opinions.
>>
>>55083587
Shit's still better than an aflame shit.
>>
>>55081693
Does anybody get raped?
>>
>>55082800
I hope Idrive accepts me into his game and rapes me
>>
My Inquisitor died last night, guys.

The party was being chased by guards and needed a way to slow them down. So he drew his sword and pistol and ran headfirst into the crowd of guards coming around the corner. The party managed to escape and now they're trying to recover his body.

All he ever wanted in life was to die protecting his friends.
>>
>>55083681
I want to rape IDrive!
>>
File: thatsmyfetish.gif (908KB, 257x387px) Image search: [Google]
thatsmyfetish.gif
908KB, 257x387px
>>55083681
I think I should apply to this game.
>>
In what ways do you refelct Char 5 or 7?
>>
So what counts as intelligent undead for the purposes of the command undead feat? Is it any undead with an intelligence score?
>>
File: quasimodo.jpg (2MB, 2560x1466px) Image search: [Google]
quasimodo.jpg
2MB, 2560x1466px
>>55083729
>>
File: Nice.png (188KB, 520x516px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.png
188KB, 520x516px
>>55083687
>>
>>55083729
Autism. At charisma 5 it becomes 2hu tier.
>>
>>55083729

The Hound. Not necessarily in terms of looks, although that contributes, but more of personality.
>>
File: 1352245805164.png (492KB, 587x557px) Image search: [Google]
1352245805164.png
492KB, 587x557px
>>55083587
>the shit everyone points to when they say 3p shit is, of course, shit
>>
>>55083809
You're reading something written by someone who didn't drink the kool-aids.
>>
>>55083729

>The face has Char 5.
>He's the best face we ever had.
>>
>>55083752
Intelligent undead are basically like Intelligent Animals, if their Int is above a 2 there's some level of intelligence there outside of just primal hunger.
>>
>>55083558
What was the most recent game that had a circus? I vaguely remember Iron Gods had a few reviews, but I've missed many threads.
>>
How do communal and multi target extracts work? Do they only affect the alchemist or can he put them into a sprayer bottle and affect the number of targets listed?

Whats the point of giving him shit like haste?
>>
>>55084611
You drink the extract to "cast" the spell. So drinking it allows you to target other people.
>>
>>55083428
Don't pull ambiguous timeslot bullshit, Its dumb to expect a player to write up a PC, get selected then realize the group schedule is fucking incompatible. Give a concrete range on when you're available and commit to that.

I know you want the MOST apps but at least be decent about it.
>>
>>55084632
Is there a ruling I can use as evidence for that?
>>
>>55084632
>>55084679
>An extract is “cast” by drinking it, as if imbibing a potion—the effects of an extract exactly duplicate the spell upon which its formula is based, save that the spell always affects only the drinking alchemist.
>the spell always affects only the drinking alchemist
>>
>>55084679
>>55084695
Yeah, ignore me, I'm stupid.
>>
>>55084695
I fear that a GM could easily misinterpret it so that only the drinker meaning drinking communal darkvision means only you get affected.
>>
>>55084710
That's exactly what it means RAW. If you drink a communal darkvision, you're the only one affected.
>>
>>55084710
Even SKR confirmed that's how it works. An Alchemist can't share Communal spells.
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2n89j?Alchemist-Communal#2
>>
File: I Guess.png (55KB, 804x390px) Image search: [Google]
I Guess.png
55KB, 804x390px
>>55084710
>>
>>55084728
>>55084737
It makes sense but I guess its kind of dumb that an alchemist can't simply get some sort of sprayer to affect the entire party.
>>
>>55084744
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-discoveries/aromatic-extract/

Best I know of. There might be something else?
>>
>>55084739
>Alchemist pulls out communal darkvision infusion
>The party dribbles it between themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS0M5HIulwg&list=PLQz6VVjd_OGRfDD_YMcm5ylfNo9dwjVXW
>>
>>55084767
Jesus christ that is fucking steep.
>>
What's your favorite school of magic?
>>
>>55084949
Megumin is the best girl, I'm not even a lolicon and that qt awakens the beast inside me.
>>
>>55084949
One that comes with some versatility
>>
>>55084633
>>
>>55084767
>>55084803
Well I mean... it does let you make a Communal Anything?
>>
>>55085050
Shit ton of communal and multi target alchemist spells, apparently, dev logic was to let you fulfill spell prereqs for crafting which is retarded because alchemists can't qualify for crafting feats without master craftsman because they don't count as spell casters.
>>
File: color3.png (459KB, 760x553px) Image search: [Google]
color3.png
459KB, 760x553px
>>55084965
>>
>>55085150
I bet she smells wonderful
>>
Why do all the shit tier players play Chaotic Neutral, /pfg/?
>>
>>55085451
It's the easiest alignment to play. Chaotic screams, "Do whatever I want at any given moment for no reason." Neutral screams, "Be self-serving at all times." It's easy, you never have to make a choice that disadvantages you while not carrying the brand of evil. You get to be stupid and random and did what you think is funny because that's what your character would do.

That's not to say CN can't be done well, of course. It just attracts shitters.
>>
File: Sheep_girl3.jpg (2MB, 1169x1653px) Image search: [Google]
Sheep_girl3.jpg
2MB, 1169x1653px
Is there anywhere I can read up more on Arshea? I've already read the pathfinder wiki and archives of nethys about here which were both pretty barren. The only other thing I've found was some tumblr tranny blog about how arshae was wonderful because [socjus buzzwords about gender] and some other thing about a herm tiefling worshipping her.

Is there anything written by relatively sane people I can read? She seems like a good goddess for a certain free-loving beep, with agathions in her profile and all.
>>
>>55085482
>Neutral screams, "Be self-serving at all times."
That's evil, though.
Evil are egoists, Good are altruists, Neutral are in the middle.
>>
>>55085517
Bestiary 6
>>
>>55085526
"Neutral People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have compunctions against killing the innocent, but may lack the commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others."

It's basically lacking the compulsion to make sacrifice, which they interpret as doing nothing without some benefit. Evil is actually defined by harming others.

"Evil Evil implies hurting, oppressing, and killing others. Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient. Others actively pursue evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some evil deity or master."

I think it can go either way, depending on how extreme it is, but the worst CN players I've known treat it as not doing anything unless they benefit directly.
>>
File: mantis.jpg (88KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mantis.jpg
88KB, 1200x800px
Aside from the Outrider cavalier archetype and the teamwork feat Alien Mindpaths, does qualifying as a Lashunta by way of Racial Heritage give you access to anything nice?
>>
>>55085573
Thanks. I unfortunately found that similarly disappointing. Maybe I'll just have the character dual-worship Arshae and some other NG god, maybe Shelyn or Sarenrae, maybe even adding in Rowdrosh too.
>>
>>55085690
Black Butterfly.
>>
>>55079415
The wizard, lvl 4 in my game tends to send out his familiar on scouting missions given that it has a stealth check of 17 rather than his 3.
Empathic link, how does it work? Can it transmit a number of enemies? Rough composition? General layout of the location? If the wizard has the appropriate knowledge spell could it identify the enemies?
>>
>>55085699
Well, I've got a lot of complicated themes going on for the character that I'm currently calling "The Lamb". I want her to be a celestial pact avowed, that's willing to bleed for others, but also sees the good in things and wants to try and encourage it. She's both part of 'the herd', but see's herself as empowered to defend it. She's Arshae's version of free-loving, not Shelyn's but does her best to encourage beauty where she sees it. and yeah agathion blooded aasimar.

The black butterfly doesn't reallllly fit into the themes i've got running. I'm currently running with the idea of Arshae, Sarenrae and Rowdrosh.
>>
>>55085718
"Because of the link’s limited nature, only general emotions can be shared."
It's not telepathy, it's not even accurate empathy, you just get the general feeling of what the familiar is feeling at the moment. I would say that you can forget all about getting any detailed information through the link. You get whether there are enemies or anything interesting(for a certain value of interesting - the familiar will probably be more interested in food than gold unless it's a raven, for instance), and maybe rough numbers based on how threatening the familiar perceives the enemies to be(orcs probably wouldn't be very threatening to a flying familiar unless it recognizes that they have ranged weapons, whereas an eagle would be VERY alarming).
>>
>>55085451
Most of the super shitters tend to try to be LN or LE, super pragmatic backstabbing badasses. In my experience at least.
>>
>>55085517
Try Sivanah, seventh and true form remains a mystery so maybe make it your fetish tiefling.
>>
File: beeplikesheep.webm (402KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
beeplikesheep.webm
402KB, 640x360px
>>55086030
I wasn't the one with the fetish tiefling. That was some paizuri-forum socjus tumblrite.

I just want to beep.
>>
>>55086039
There you go. Sivanah 7th form is sheep people. Through her love you are given the freedom to beep.
>>
>>55083654
The madness bombs from someone false flagging as the Alchemist's Association certainly isn't helping on that front.
>>
File: Sheep_girl2.jpg (351KB, 827x878px) Image search: [Google]
Sheep_girl2.jpg
351KB, 827x878px
>>55086056
Rowdrosh's holy animal is a sheep though, and he's connected to the other Empyreal lords and Agathion domained god's like Sarenrae and Arshea.

So I could be a literal descendent of Rowdrosh affiliated agathion, raised in his worship and then later branch out to other gods even though I view him as my ancestral patron, I fall more in line with Arshea and Sarenrae.
>>
>>55086092
Where are you going with this anyway? Idrive's campaign?
>>
>>55086103
>Idrive's campaign?
I'm too anxious to sign up for a 4chan game. I really just wanted more information about the deity/faith for my own sake.
>>
>>55086125
Join one of the listings, if we both get in then I can be your friend.
>>
>>55086125
>I'm too anxious to sign up for a 4chan game.
JUST DO IT
You'll never get into a game if you never sign up.
>>
File: Sheepgirlno.png (166KB, 735x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sheepgirlno.png
166KB, 735x1000px
>>55086143
>>
>>55086230
No means yes
>>
>>55086230
Just curious, are you the mlp that keeps visiting us?
>>
>>55086277
No.
>>
>>55086305
>One of the flakiest guys in the community
>Thirsty saps actually join the Dead on arrival campaign
>One of the most retarded and annoying memester in recent memory desperately calling for attention
Match made in fucking heaven
>>
>>55086305
Fuck off and die, Luci.
>>
>>55086305
What did we do to deserve this fucker?
>>
I don't get you Luci, why do you keep fucking with us? You know everyone hates you and you have nothing but your inexcusable behavior to blame for it but why do you keep coming back? Is there a single person that has tolerated you?
>>
>>55086594
>>55086717
Lewd games. No seriously, they came here because of those damn fucking lewdgames we bombarded constantly 9 months ago.

Actually less than that, since RotJR was "before there time" so at best we're dealing with someone who hasn't even been lurking for 6~ months.

I find this backlash hilarious, Luci embodies every fucking thing /pfg/ became because of app circuses and lewd bullshit. It's like watching somebody look into a mirror and get angry with themselves.
>>
>>55086820
More like attentionwhores and wanna be e-celebs than thirstfags to be honest. Have you tried talking to Luci? Give it like 5 mins as you try to send a simple fucking message through and watch how he sticks his end up his ass and reply with unintelligible gibberish.
>>
>>55086845
I've had the utter displeasure of talking to him once. I wanted to kill myself within the first few messages. Never again.
>>
Luci is an attentionwhore who needs to kill himself for the good of the human race.
>>
This thread needs something other to talk about than hating one 4 letter name after the next
>>
>>55086965
Don't try to change the subject. You're just one of the people who ruined /pfg/.
>>
I just don't get this kind of hatred circle jerk ._.
At least they're not someone that would commit murder on command
>>
>>55086986
>Degraded everyone's good will to the point where it warrants immediate hostility
>Blames everyone else for this
Reflect on your fucking actions.
>>
>>55086861
Wow. That sounds horrible. Where can I talk to this person so as to get a better understanding of the trainwreck.
>>
>>55086986 #
Not them shitstain. Just a confused bystander, witchhunt harder and break rules faggot
>>
>>55087005
You can usually find him talking about random shit on the /pfg/ Discord.
>>
>>55087018
link to pfg discord?
>>
>>55087044
https://discord.gg/KPKWdyr
>>
>>55085517

She has a full page on Chronicle of the Righteous
>>
>>55083784
>The Hound
This is exactly what low charisma looks/acts like. Irritable, unsociable, 'mean'. It's not even that he's ugly or physically repulsive, it's that he's so offputting that you really have to have the patience of a saint to like him.

Even when he tries to be 'good' and do simple shit like chop wood to build a church he ends up being socially repulsive because he's just so goddamn angry doing it. His social outlook is to survive, primarily by looking out for number one. He's stupidly done bad shit for worse people because it earned him a relatively high place in society (temporarily). He's openly disdainful of and disrespectful to the more respected strata's of society (knights / nobles).

The few times he ever ends up being "liked" are when he steps in to save Loras Tyrell from his monster of a big brother, and when he does good things for the stark girls (who are both at times terrified of him simply because he's so abrasive and mean).
>>
File: Sheep_girl7.png (168KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Sheep_girl7.png
168KB, 500x666px
>>55087227
Excellent, thank you. It's wonderful that there's so many splatbooks out for 3.5/PF, but at the same time it can make it damn hard to find specific information about things
>>
>>55087262
>>55087227
aaaaaaaaaaaand it opens up with full-blown amber scott bullshit. Why does this woman have to be responsible for turning okay things into retarded social justice bullshit

>hasty googling of amber scott
WHY IS SHE FROM MY PROVINCE. WHY CANT SHE BE FROM ONTARIO. AT LEAST THE RETARDATION WOULD MAKE SENSE THEN.

There's nothing in northern alberta that promotes social justice nonsense other than fucking boredom. I blame the NDP for this.
>>
>>55087330
F
>>
>>55086965
I'm reading about early to middle Byzantine culture to have something for the Dwarves in my game.

I might have to buy The Last Days of Constantinople, by Avalanche Press to have something mechanical to go by.

Aren't the rest of you tired of Scottish Dwarves?
>>
>>55087330
>>55087330
What the fuck are you even on about? Like Arshea is a pretty shitty godess but I don't really see anything that's bullshit retarded social justice stuff.
>>
>>55087398
transgender/gender identity fetishism. I dont get how you don't see it, this is from the same person who wrote mizhena in siege of dragonspear, so its pretty blunt.
>>
>>55087330
Canada is a breeding ground for social justice warriors and it boggles my mind as to why.
>>
>>55087428
Snow niggers
>>
>>55087424
>>55087330
She also wrote Book 1 for Wrath of the Righteous and Book 1 for Ironfang Invasion.

Paizo loves Amber Scott! They LOVE her!
>>
>>55080432
So... What you really mean is how evil would it be too not have all the players read the player's guide?
>>
>>55087441
What is it about cold weather that encourages people towards these things?
>>
>>55081040
Bumping this for more visibility. Also, has anyone ever run with the pathfinder community half minotaur? The battle mage archetype lets you fire a ray spell as two rays by splitting it out of your horns.
>>
>>55087428
Honestly, that's *mostly* the toronto area. Ontario + Quebec have like 60% of the population of canada. The rest of canada is either too busy working, or too busy being farmer/fisher poor to bother with shit. Alberta / Sask cleave heavily conservative because rural and religious.

Toronto is where you get retards like sarkeesian. Main powerbase of the liberal party.

>>55087469
Canada is mildly more socialist in their demographics because it has always been harder to get through winters without the assistance of neighbors.
>>
I hope Rise of the Jade Regent had fun last night and the night before!
>>
>>55087376
If you want to go 100% Byzantium, you should get your hands on the stuff by Warren Treadgold. That man knows his Constantinople. I'd recommend starting with A History of the Byzantine State and Society, all 1,000+ pages of it.

My favourite period would be the 450-600 AD stuff, when it's barbarians to left of me, barbarians to right of me and the damned Sassanids where there aren't barbarians. Plus chariot racing, Belisarius and the best empress.

Fuck, just chariot-racing dwarves would be awesome.
>>
>>55087424
It's not really fetishism. It's pretty much just "freelove and believing yourself" generic good god bullshit. It's not any more fetishitic than Dameric's fetish for hangings and executions.
>>55087444
>Book 1 for Ironfang Invasion
There wasn't really anything wrong with it.
>>
>>55087518
There's nothing liberal about social-justice-warriors; they're authoritarians. They're 'liberal' only in the way that the neoconservatives (their economic ideals are anything but) and national socialists (not exactly on the left side of the chart).

Now certainly, Canada has a thing for stuff like everybody chipping in a little to get back a lot. Conceptually that's a much wiser way of doing the majority of services and infrastructure than "fuck you I've got mine"; it's cheaper to buy in bulk, and easier to negotiate for the entire country than a million individual contracts by people without the time or understanding of the tinier more insidious details. Barring problems that occur in ANY government like corruption, things like universal healthcare actually save a fuckton of money overall.

The "quiet revolution" was another thing in Canada: when the provincial and federal governments started to take over education and healthcare, people stopped being at the mercy of the church for those two things (mostly long-term nursing in the case of healthcare; not like there weren't doctors).

Fuckwads like Sarkeesian, trigger warnings and so on show up in the more populated areas for the exact same reasons that spawn them in the US: Kids with everything they need and nothing to actually work towards decide that the reason they feel empty and unfulfilled is due to whatever 'offends' the cause they'll latch on to; basically the first thing to pop into their lives that makes them feel like they can mean something. Can't do that when you work for a living or have to deal with deadly weather to get anywhere.
>>
>>55087750
GO TO /POL/ GODDAMNIT.
>>
>>55087656
A History of Byzantium by Timothy Gregory is pretty good too.
>>
>>55087750
>Can't do that when you work for a living or have to deal with deadly weather to get anywhere

Which is never something that gets brought up in fantasy settings unless they're explaining why racism and sexism do not exist, as though the most racist and sexist periods of our own history weren't fraught with poverty, war and strife.
>>
File: Gold Dwarf (Bryan Syme).jpg (73KB, 942x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gold Dwarf (Bryan Syme).jpg
73KB, 942x1000px
>>55087656
>1,000+ pages
No

>>55087777
>A History of Byzantium by Timothy Gregory
>480 pages

Right now, the campaign is taking place in the Delian League. I might get to that eventually, depending on what the PCs want to do.

Eventually, the War of Gold and Gloom will happen, with one of the PCs becoming a crusader if he survives until then.

>Byzantine Cleric and Ordained Defender Gold Dwarves vs some flavor of Psionic Gray Dwarves.
>>
>>55088021
What's wrong with 480 pages? It's an exquisite read, hardly the dry academia you think it might be.>>55088021
>>
Your PC finds out the whole world and all its history and future, themself included, is just the dream of a sleeping god. How do they react? How do you react?
>>
>>55088112
CHIM
>>
File: 1374947802997.jpg (64KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1374947802997.jpg
64KB, 441x705px
>Discord kiddies being Discord kiddies again
This "community" sucks.
>>
File: PF - Desert Dwarf.jpg (73KB, 387x714px) Image search: [Google]
PF - Desert Dwarf.jpg
73KB, 387x714px
>>55088069
I first started reading about it to give a new PC some background on Gold Dwarf culture.

If the PC dies, or the player switches to a new character, I might have to go somewhere else with the campaign.
>>
>>55087950
>they're explaining why racism and sexism do not exist
I mean fantastic racism exists all over the fucking place. There are slurs for several core races and human ethnicities.

Sexism at least in Pathfinder doesn't seem to exist unless convenient for the plot.
>>
>>55088149
What did they even do? I just awoke to all this hate and no context.
>>
>>55088185
Luci stirring shit up again.
>>
>>55088195
By doing...?
>>
>>55088185
it's every community that has a discord. every general. every thread. the platform is pretty well named. threads always go to shit when a discord comes around.
>>
>>55086965
>4 letter names

So when are we gonna cycle back to hating on Rory? I miss the memedog.
>>
>>55088255
Fuck off, Rory.
>>
>>55088225
Being an annoying little shit and asking for reviews.
>>
>>55088255
Fuck off Rory

We need to sink the SWEG and DRAG stocks, they've had it good too long
>>
>>55088163
agriculture anon is that you?
>>
>>55088280
SWEG did nothing wrong.
>>
>>55088255

Bitch, that's my name.
>>
>>55088255
>>55086965
>every major thread shitlord is a 4 letter name
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>55088297
No, I am Rorycus!
>>
>>55088264
Didn't people do that all the time? Weren't reviewanons popular? I recall people clambering for reviews of Iron Gods.
>>
>>55088332
Reviews are out of fashion, ergo we must sun any who ask about it, obviously
>>
>>55088344
Oh, okay.
>>
>>55088316
IDrive is either six or seven letters depending on if you use that or the I.Drive variant.
>>
>>55088344
It's the way he does it- he tries to act cutesy and it annoys everyone here.
>>
>>55088332
Reviewanons weren't impartial enough. They would review their own apps, not roll for the next reviewee, and push their app meta of fuccheug backstory when that level of detail just isn't needed.
>>
File: 1503697652399.jpg (78KB, 538x670px) Image search: [Google]
1503697652399.jpg
78KB, 538x670px
>>55088355
Didn't that nigga die?
>>
>>55088377
>push their app meta of fuccheug backstory when that level of detail just isn't needed.
I never understood this meme, since a guy who always did 3 short paragraphs always got praised for being concise.
>>
>>55088280
What are some remaining ironclad stocks?
>>
>>55088412
He got praised because the thread pushed back against the "you need twelve pages" meme Disk tried to push.
>>
>>55088358
So being fake cutesy is "fucking with us" and "ruining /pfg/"
I mean, I thought they were actually saying something contentious or being a dick. This seems pretty smalltime for this level of hate. It seems disproportionate to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
>>
>>55088430
HCTE is pretty ironclad and stable at the bottom.
>>
>>55088432
Never quite understood why ANYONE would need a fuckoff long backstory. isn't it supposed to be an RPG, not a Novel? You just need the the how they are there and the Why they are joining in, and that's it. sometimes not even both of them. Most of what happens to a character shouldn't be relegated to just backstory.
>>
>>55088432
But one of the people who did the praising was Disk. He probably wanted to meme you all and you let yourself get played like a cheap violin.
>>
>>55088455
Fuck off, Luci.
>>
>>55088475
You'd think, but then people like Slow, Disk, Sappy, and IKiD all show off their short story writing e-peen and get into every game they try for and then they hold themselves as being better than the unwashed, poor masses.
>>
>>55088478
>not "like a damn fiddle"
Anon...
>>
File: 1503694190396.jpg (46KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
1503694190396.jpg
46KB, 442x740px
>>55088478
>>55088506
Ya blew it.
>>
>>55088503
well, my Logic here is "If you write an Epic saga of a backstory, what will there be left for your character to actually DO in the campaign?"
>>
>>55088494
Swing and a miss.
>>
>>55088318
No! I am Rory-kun!
>>
>>55088525
The issue here is that people have varying definitions of "epic saga".
>>
>>55088525
Don't get me wrong, I think your method is better. It's just that this thread has spun up popularity for these lavish backstories and prose, likely by the very writers of the backstories. We got memed on, and with all the bamboozles, we don't even have a chance to recover.
>>
>>55088506
>>55088516
I typed it, but realized it would in fact be funnier to watch people get triggered by not actually doing a reference to a series I have never played.
>>
File: 1503697187463.png (163KB, 442x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503697187463.png
163KB, 442x450px
>>55088579
>"I didn't forget, I secretly trolled all of you xd"
Sure, pal. Never heard that one before.
>>
File: Ancient Greek Farm.jpg (29KB, 550x302px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Greek Farm.jpg
29KB, 550x302px
>>55088284
Yes.

I'm currently making a pregen gestalt Warlord/Bard for next weekend's game.
>>
File: knightmare.jpg (218KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
knightmare.jpg
218KB, 800x780px
Can any paladin archetypes/vows be combined with a NG Gray Paladin?
>>
>>55088611
Agriculture anon, how do you make the merchanting and prospect of harvests, sales, and all that exciting for players, and how do you do it in a system as combat focused as pathfinder?
>>
>>55088595
You're free to believe what you want, but I'm still kind of tired of having a phrase now only be a reference to something
>>
File: 1503482594451.jpg (2MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1503482594451.jpg
2MB, 1400x1050px
Would it be crazy to run a game based on managing a rising guild and it's growth? What kind of things would you want to see in a game like that, and what would you want to do as the new leadership of the guild? Would you even want to be in the leadership?
>>
>>55088430
SPDR and RAT have been pretty stable and under the radar
>>
>>55088394

No dude, he's back and apping to games adn even running one (it's gonna be a boozle, mark me)
>>
>>55088751
The once and future bamboozle
>>
>>55088764
>>55088751
Idrive is king of flakers, only a fool would consider that faggot as having the commitment to play in a game let alone run one.
>>
File: Old Empires map.png (6MB, 2247x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Old Empires map.png
6MB, 2247x1512px
>>55088673
By focusing on what specific interests they want during downtime. Especially during those sessions when I don't have all the players.

The Gold Dwarf Forgemaster of Dumathoin will be more interested in mining than in farming. He'll have to clear the orcs out of abandoned mines in the Akanapeaks, and then train and manage teams of dwarven colonists to settle them. The profits will be sent either as taxes to the local senator, or back to the main dwarven kingdom in the Smoking Mountains.

The Elven cultist of Velsharoon is going to have to create a legitimate front to support his activities, and get enough influence to make his own cabal for spell research. Since the Retreat is still ongoing, there are no other elves in the area to look over his shoulder.

I'm not sure what the third player wants to do.

All the players decided to go for the path of explosions or smashing, so they need subtle ways of getting what they need in the future.
>>
>>55088718
>Silverhaired healer with motherly tendencies
>Happy-go-lucky knightbro tank to defend the team
>Trio of mage, thief and archer best friends and comic relief
>Red-haired swashbuckler/roguish type leader
>Two of the guilds three crafters sleep after pulling an all-nighter just to get the guild reequipped before their big venture
>Two elves who recently had a kid, with the father needing to step down as previous leader and pass the torch to the swash
>Black cat black mage tired from blowing things up all the time
>tfw this will never be you
>>
>>55088853
It hurts.
>>
>>55088818
That's kinda cool. So you have them come up with things they want for character reasons, figure out themselves what needs to happen to achieve that, and then put some combat in the way of getting it? I can definitely see how asking for that level of detail for downtime is critical for that kind of game.
>>
Do Shabti have to be made by the person they're replacing for punishment purposes, or can someone else make a Shabti of a person for their own personal reasons?
>>
>>55088892
Depends on setting? I think in Golarion, it's the former. In a private game, or with the GM's approval, who cares?
>>
>>55088902

Well, the GM wants to bothered as little as possible and for characters to be as by the book as possible for maximum chance of getting in, so I'm just feeling out opinions, generally.

My idea was a Shabti of Sorshen made by Karzoug because he wanted to own her but knew it wasn't likely to happen, so went for the next best thing, then after the Starfall happened the Sorshti fell into a coma for a very, very long time, awakening recently and deciding to start their own life.
>>
>>55088718
Is this for a /pfg/ game?
>>
>>55088948
It might be, if there's enough interest. Probably standard fair /pfg/ chargen, though maybe at a higher level, like 4 or 5. Not sure if I want to use Golarion, or try and homebrew a setting myself. I was thinking it'd be sorta classic jrpg kinda stuff, so getting colored mcguffins from interesting places, fighting evil dudes, being heroes and shit, all while maintaining and growing your guild and it's influence. Though I kinda wanted to try a more narrative villain and not just "ebil necromancer turned dark dragon", and introduce rival guilds or something.
>>
File: Recettear extreme ad.jpg (679KB, 1222x2340px) Image search: [Google]
Recettear extreme ad.jpg
679KB, 1222x2340px
>>55088885
It would go a lot quicker if they would check their email more often than right before the game.
>>
>>55089011
Please post the campaign, I want this!
>>
>>55088947
I think there's likely some sort of ritual involving the person to link them to the Shabti, but I don't know the details, so I can't say. What I have read seems to imply they're made by the person or at the person's request, so I don't think somebody unrelated can make a Shabti of another.
>>
>>55088818
I love you agriculture anon. You should post more and namefag while doing it.

Third player is still druid right? Have him love his waifu.
>>
>>55088818
What is the technique to making maps like these? My maps never look like real cities.
>>
>Existing as something between mortal souls, fabricated beings, and true children of the planes, shabti are immortal facsimiles of death-obsessed nobles. They serve out the sentences of their mortal twins, whether it be an infinity of torture or an eternity wandering the planes. Most never emerge from such trials, but some manage to find their own paths upon the planes.

What happens to the mortal's soul in this situation? If their soul isn't scrubbed for the River... Where does it go?
>>
>>55089116
Those are from ooooold forgotten realms books. So, uh, being professional is the trick.
>>
>>55089116
Using the ancient technique of "patching them together from the AD&D Forgotten Realms campaign sets".
>>
>>55089161
Damn, I'm terrible at being professional; I'm too casual for it.

But, what actually defines how these sorts of old, fantasy-era cities are laid out? Does anybody know much about this sort of thing? Or is it much less a science and more of an art than I'm thinking?
>>
File: Sauda Baharat (Mental Rose).jpg (129KB, 786x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Sauda Baharat (Mental Rose).jpg
129KB, 786x1016px
>>55089114
>Player 1 - Moon elf Hidden Blade (Rogue) / Wizard -> Kensai (Magis) / Admixture Evoker
>Player 2 - Half-elf Ranger / Druid of Lurue -> Gold Dwarf Ordained Defender (Warder) / Forgemaster (Cleric) of Dumathoin
>Player 3 - Halfling Rogue / Bard -> ??? after I told him he can't pick the Arcane Trickster PrC in a gestalt game

The earth genasi waifu plotline is abandoned. I'll have them encounter the PC as an NPC in the future. He might become a downtime manager for the town they were in. The adept of Chauntea might be his wife.
>>
>>55089090
It'll be in a couple of weeks, since my schedule is a bit wonky right now. I don't really want to go all "waiting room" and murder the thread for weeks.

I also barely had the idea, so I'm still trying to figure out stuff like if the PCs will start their own guild, or have to pick up the shambles of the failed guild. And when will the inevitable guild vs guild tournament be, and how much dosh can the guild raise through adventuring or merchanting. And then some cliche jrpg save the world thing at SOME point. There's a lot of ideas, and I've written none of them down!
>>
>>55089210
Fairly practical things. Defensible high-ground away from 'main thoroughfares' is for castles (though they do still have a big road that allows them to ride out with garrison). Waterfront is for ships and or merchant/trading guilds. At least one or two major thoroughfares lead out of the city for land based trade.

Biiiiig fucking gatehouses for controlling traffic. Walled districts to do shit like control fires and separate undesireables.

Like in Skuld, the eastgate has a thoroughfare to the "noble" district/lake skuld. Where southgate is the thoroughfare that leads to the docks (with potential separate walled off docks for the nobility).
>>
What effect should inventing the printing press have on Golarion, socially? Is it realistic to believe that in Golarion, an invention like that might stay localized for many years, or would it spread like fire from the nation it was invented in to all the surrounding places?
>>
File: changan.jpg (491KB, 813x1301px) Image search: [Google]
changan.jpg
491KB, 813x1301px
>>55089210
Well, considering that most medieval towns were laid out simply along the most convenient paths (see: London's street map based on goat paths), it was more a question of towns and cities growing naturally.

The ancient Greeks were really keen on the Hippodamian grid plan, as were many other ancient civilisations: Mohenjo Daro and Harappa had grid plans, as did the Chinese (seriously, take a look at Chang'an during the Tang dynasty, probably the greatest city on earth) and Rome (who built on the castra military base plan when conventient).
>>
>>55089247
>The earth genasi waifu plotline is abandoned.
I'm in despair.
>>
File: Naxos (JBrown67).jpg (567KB, 1600x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Naxos (JBrown67).jpg
567KB, 1600x1149px
>>55089210
>http://www.hellenicaworld.com/Greece/Technology/en/CityPlan.html
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_urban_planning
>>
>>55089290
So, what is the order this stuff should be approached in when designing the layout for a city? Start by determining where things would start, IE identify hills for castles/fortresses and easy paths for major streets, then figure out where to place district walls and start filling districts in after that?

>>55089295
>>55089324
Thank you, I'll look into these as guidelines/inspiration.
>>
>>55089294
None. They already exist.
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Printing_press
>>
>>55089286
I recommend having them start a guild so they can figure out exactly what their guild will be. Maybe everyone wants to go for a smithing theme, or hunters, or textiles!
>>
File: 60658137_p0.jpg (687KB, 1342x1632px) Image search: [Google]
60658137_p0.jpg
687KB, 1342x1632px
What kind of fun events will your PC plan for guild game? Will you have a catgirl maid cafe?
>>
>>55089394
i'd totally be the Knightbro tank, though.
>>
>>55089365
Huh, and they even have newspapers. Except they call them broadsheets.

I'll just have to change the scenario from "some upstart inventor seeks sponsorship and funding for his new idea" to "some upstart artificer offers to build you some printing presses for an appropriate fee". But I think that's not going to be a problem at all.
>>
>>55089353
Cities grow around trade first and foremost. People who are rich enough snap up waterfront properties for warehouses, trading, docks and boats. These people are also probably rich enough to live in the most defensible areas of the city, separate from the common 'vulgar' folk. These are the people who eventually pay to have walls built and soldiers/guards hired. The richest of them might even commission a palace (with its own on-site church and barracks and other things).

Basically *most* of a city in medieval era is just a semi-efficient supply chain. People who snap up waterfront property are either traders, or artisans (tanners, blacksmiths, dyers, etc). Near some guilds you might have a "Street of Steel" where almost all the blacksmiths work. On the shore you probably have fishermen and a market square (to sell the fish). People also tend to live close to where they work. So simple laborers like porters and sailors live in inns or flop-houses. Chartered porters might be affiliated with a guild and thus live in a nicer area of a city (they've earned some level of trust).

On the land-oriented side of things, you probably have decently sized places to hold livestock / grains / textiles.

Play some anno 1404
>>
>>55089402
Yo I wanna fuck that cat.

>>55089415
You'd be the muscle!
>>
>>55089394
My only concern with going that route would be picking players that are good, and fit schedules is already a nightmare. Adding in a requirement for everyone to come to an agreement after the start of the game sounds very unlikely. But I'd be totally down for a crafter guild game instead of a typical adventurer guild, and having the one or two crafters in an adventurer guild isn't bad either. Somebody has got to use those materials that these guys keep coming back with.
>>
File: LotR - Helm's Deep.jpg (33KB, 360x266px) Image search: [Google]
LotR - Helm's Deep.jpg
33KB, 360x266px
>>55089353
Also, think about what threats the city might face.

If siege engines exist in your game, you should have the walls farther out.

If high level evokers and conjurers are common in your game as they are in Faerun, I have no idea what you would do.
>>
>>55089468
And watch some spice and wolf. Also traffic into cities is *heavily* regulated. If you're trading something you're probably going to be sent to a place where you can be properly taxed and tariffed. If you're not a trader you may end up paying a gate-fee (if they're even letting people into the city).
>>
>>55089502
>>55089353
Oh and remember that Forts/Fortresses (and other military installations) are very different from cities. A Palace != A Fortress (usually).

Forts/Fortresses are typically separate from cities. Winterfell is a fortress. Helms Deep is a fortress. Early pioneer settlements in america were typically forts.
>>
>>55089506
>>55089468
Or play Witcher 3 and visit Novigrad, that's without a doubt the greatest and most accurate representation of a wealthy Renaissance city I've ever seen.
>>
>>55089496
Crafter guild is still adventurer guild; you need to clear out that cave before you can mine it, and who's to say they don't hit a cave system while mining a particularly rich vein of silver? And then you need to defend the shipments from monsters, bandits and hired thugs from rival merchants.

And then you need to consider intrigue to stamp out competition, expand into new regions, or earn the respect of a local lord.
>>
>>55089455
Broadsheets/broadsides are cribbed from real world. Basically broadsides were big sheets of paper, printed on one side with royal or local proclamations, ads and stuff, then nailed to a convenient wall (like the marketplace where a lot of people could read them). They were the dead tree equivalent of the town crier going "hear ye, hear ye!"
>>
>>55089580
Don't get me wrong, that shit is my jam. I just don't know how to coordinate a guild theme after the app process as easily as before. I might make it crafter themed from the start, but I'd want people to be able to make what they want for a guild-managing game first.
>>
What's the best 6th level caster?
>>
>>55089650
Inquisitor.
>>
>>55089650
Bard. doesn't matter if the others are better mechanically, Bards get carte blanche to do silly bullshit.
>>
>>55089634
That's part of the application process, anon! What sort of guild the player wants is yet another facet of their application... Unless this is a guild of many parts, and each party member is associated with one aspect of the guild process (one character is doing furs, another growing cotton, another mining, and the fourth organizes the smiths and clothiers who turn those goods into jewelry and fine clothes.)
>>
>>55089650
Occultist
>>
>>55089674
I hate you.
>>
>>55089693
>>55089674
>>55089660
So Inquisitpr is the best divine caster, bard the best arcane caster and occultist is the best psychic casters as far as 6th level casters go?
>>
File: occultist.jpg (261KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
occultist.jpg
261KB, 778x1000px
>>55089693
>best designed class from Occult Adventures
>best 6th level caster
>best Full BAB class

What can this magnificent bastard not do?
>>
>>55089826
Good lord what's up with the proportions here. IS this guy supposed to be half-dwarf? Or did the artist forget what scale he was working with halfway through?
>>
>>55089826
Live past the age of 40.
>>
>>55089848
He's just fat and covered in gear.
>>
>>55089848
Pathfinder has always had trouble with art.
>>
>>55089848
He's stocky and I want to say the clothing is just bulky and awkard-looking, but the art is also pretty goofy looking.
>>
>>55089956
>>55089923
That's what it should be, but look at his arms and legs--the legs are way too short, and his arms are longer than them. He looks like an ape.
>>
File: PZO9285-Aelyosos (Ben Wooten).jpg (172KB, 1200x471px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9285-Aelyosos (Ben Wooten).jpg
172KB, 1200x471px
I thought the map of Aelyosos from Distant Shores would be a good example of a city, but it doesn't look that useable since so much of it is underwater.

Once my PCs have completed their characters, I'll advance the timeline to put them at the start of the Twelfth Seros War.
>>
How much interest would there be in a "Intro to common pfg 3pp" document that explained the basics of Path of War and Spheres aimed at newcomers?

Section 2 would then be a collection of FAQ and all common knowledge like 'don't use broken blade' 'ZS/OD Warders are strong' 'if you're new to spheres make sure your drawback stacking game is on point' etc
>>
File: zuljin_warlordOfTheAmani.webm (953KB, 1480x800px) Image search: [Google]
zuljin_warlordOfTheAmani.webm
953KB, 1480x800px
>mfw Troll Stalker specializing in thrashing dragon and tempest gale.
>>
>>55086069
What? Bombs? That's kinda intense. Will they cause anyone to get raped?
>>
>>55090222
You want axe that badly?
>>
>>55090155
I would.
>>
>>55090300
Axe me no question and I tell you no lies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uU_qx3LZk
>>
>>55090222
How would you stat out warcraft trolls?
>>55090300
>not "Joo wan ax?"
>>
>>55090155
Wait until after the discipline errata.
>>
>>55090389
yeah, because unless i'm missing something about them, Things like Silver Crane and Iron Tortoise could use a few minor buffs here and there, while Elemental Flux and Broken Blade can go die in a fire.
>>
>>55090155
>"Intro to common pfg 3pp" document that explained the basics of Path of War and Spheres aimed at newcomers?
Why does no one mention Psionics. Those seem just as ubiquitous and yet it's always spheres this, spheres that.
>>
>>55090444
I've seen far fewer psionic apps, and the ones I do see are Soulknife or some other mostly martial class.
>>
>>55090408
There is literally nothing wrong with Elemental Flux.

Now Riven Hourglass, and Veiled Moon, those can go eat shit.
>>
What sort of visual descriptors would one give to a merciful weapon?
>>
>>55090367
Depends on the race. Jungle trolls are the smallest at 7ft tall (female) to 9ft tall, but they have higher dex bonuses. They also do alchemist stuffs to make berserkers. Forest trolls are the largest at 10-12ft tall (taller than tauren!!!) but they have the fewest mages (which is why the elves kicked the shit out of em so bad). Dark trolls were noted as being kind of stupid, but eventually turned into night elves. Sand trolls are only a little bit bigger than jungle trolls. Frost trolls are just a tiny bit smaller than forest trolls.

But otherwise I'd remove the natural claws and tone down the regeneration just a tiny bit (probably 1 per 6hd, with optional feats to increase it by +2 up to 2-3x). They retain the large size (forest trolls optionally being able to feat into huge), but instead of crazy str bonuses, they're actually surprisingly dexterous for their size and fairly wise if not particularly smart. Not particularly robust in terms of con though (except berserkers).

"Berserkers" are a complicated alchemical process that swaps their dex and wis bonuses to str + con.
>>
>>55090367
Jungle trolls (Darkspear and Gurubashi) +2 DEX +2 INT -2 CON
Forest trolls +2 STR +2 DEX -2 INT
Snow trolls +2 WIS +2 CON -2 CHA
Desert Trolls +2 CON +2 CHA -2 WIS
Once a day regain 1d8+1/2 HD (Min 1) HP as a full-round action
+2 To Survival and Knowledge (Religion)
Treat all weapons with troll as martial weapons and always proficient with all axes (Alt Racial: Always proficient with all spear and if already proficient in all martials +1 to attacks with two handed or thrown piercing weapons)
Once a day able to take an extra move or standard action during his own turn. Taking standard leaves you exhausted for 1 minute.
>>
>>55090444
Least complicated system of the three.

But yeah, there are a few things about it worth mentioning.
>>
>>55090462
Fair.
>>
>>55090462
There's literally nothing wrong with Riven Hourglass and Veiled Moon.

Now, Primal Fury can go suck a dick.
>>
>>55090475
Sheathed in the light of kindness.
>>
>>55090490
There's literally nothing wrong with Riven Hourglass and Veiled

Now, I can go suck a dick.
>>
File: Veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
Veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>>55090389
Discipline Errata WHEN?
>>
>>55090490
There's literally nothing wrong with Primal Fury.

Now, Silver Crane and Iron Tortoise, those are godawful trash.
>>
>>55088503
>and get into every game they try for

3/9, Anon. One third isn't every game.
>>
>>55090530
>>55090530
Real talk, I genuinely don't see how the fuck silver crane isn't considered busted.
>>
File: avx4-10.png (2MB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
avx4-10.png
2MB, 988x1500px
>>55090444
I doubt it. I offered it to my players, but they weren't going for it.
>>
>>55090544
I'm very curious where you got this number from.
>>
>>55090567
>Muh phoenix
Good taste.
>>
>>55090530
yeah, Silver Crane is *really* mediocre when comprared to the rest, especially now, since it doesn't get the 1.5x damage against evil targets anymore, and that was sorta what the whole discipline was balanced around. and for Iron Tortoise? All i've heard complaints about is the capstone Maneuver, but that's at fucking level 17. where full casters are a thing.
>>
>>55090552
Are there any specific maneuvers you can point to as a problem?
>>
>>55090628
It's more the "infinite healing with no resource expenditure whatsoever right from level 1" thing.
>>
>>55090567
If shitvel is actually this weeb, and not rampant with sjws, I'll eat my hat.
>>
>>55090552
>>55090648
Healing is retardedly cheap to the point of barely being worth tracking after a certain point.
>>
>>55090653
It's a parody comic done by the same dude who popularized the whole Nuzlocke Pokemon thing.
>>
>>55090648
I re-flavored all the healing maneuvers to be a type of equivalent exchange with the celestial spirits. You need to trade blood for blood, which is why punching a tree doesn't work.

Or, the GM could just ask the players to not be shit weasels.
>>
>>55090713
Of course they wouldn't be based. capeshit gonna capeshit.
>>
>>55090713

Well, it'd be a lot better than the real AvX.
>>
>>55090734
Did your PCs learn Silver Crane maneuvers from Khornates?
>>
>>55090582
That's my success rate.
>>
>>55090883
I think I'm 4/8, but I can't count
>>
>>55087424
Fuck off Atolm.
>>
>>55090883
I think I'm 2/12 or some shit like that. Lost count of how many games I apped to.
>>
>>55090883
>tfw 0%
>>
>>55091126
Wrong guy.
>>
>>55088503
Yeah, it's weird how those people get in a lot of games and are all friends with each other, and the GM of whatever game it is. Huh. Guess they must just be really good "writers".
>>
>>55091218
Gee anon it's almost like people make friends with the other players in their games.
>>
>>55091126
who, and why?
>>
>>55091218
They should just recruit from their private discords then. Don't put on the farce of public recruitment if you're going to just pick friends. Playing with friends isn't bad. Just realize that there's a way of doing that that doesn't get the thread all riled up over public recruitment.
>>
File: thinking_storm.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_storm.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>55091218
>people get recruited into a game and hit it off with the players and GM
>everyone yells that they only got in because they were friends with the GM and players
>>
File: 1503448756428.jpg (48KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1503448756428.jpg
48KB, 526x701px
>all this talk of playing with friends from /pfg/
>still no bros to shoot the shit with over ttrpgs and vidya
>>
>>55091322
>he's not in the cabal already :^)
>>
>>55091397
But I am.
>>
>>55091439
then you should make friends anon-chan
>>
>>55091443
I've tried, but it feels like I'm a bit of an outsider. There's some common non-/tg/ interests, but it doesn't feel that binding. It's been feeling worse recently.
>>
>>55087376

What a coincidence. I have Byzantine dwarves, Slavic/Germanic humans, Roman elves, and Mongolian/Turkish orcs (who have taken not!Constantinople).

Fun times had by all.
>>
>>55091464
Just post about it in the cabal. I'm sure someone is down for some ttrpgs and vidya.
>>
So how badly has Warlord been gutted?
>>
>>55091555
It's boring as fuck.
>>
>>55091555
Cha-to-Will is the only thing left, the rest is boring as shit. It sucks, because the only other full BAB full initiator is the fucking Zealot, and I hate the Zealot.
>>
>>55091555
In it's gutting, it accidentally got a buff in one area. it's now the best aid another bot in the game.
>>
>>55091605
full BAB Cha initiator, I mean
>>
>>55090883
2/5 for me
>>
>>55090883
>1/1
Feels good
>>
>>55091621
[laughs in zealot]
>>
>>55091277
Etan pls go
>>
>>55091880
who?
>>
>>55091880
There are so many names, this is getting fucking stupid.
>>
Is wishcrafter worthless meme shit or usable?

Want to make an Ifrit Sorc but dunno what to do with it.
>>
>>55091952
FOUR

LETTER

NAMES
>>
>>55091989
It's pretty worthless, to be honest. I tried to make it work once, but it's just... bad. Probably not so bad that you'll be dead weight for your party, but what you're getting just isn't worth a damn, it's like they went out of their way to make sure the archetype doesn't actually give you anything useful.

If you want to feel like you're a wish granter, consider taking the Minor Wishcrafter trait instead. It's also not amazing (unless you cheese it), but it's JUST a trait, so you're investing way less build currency to take it than a whole archetype.
>>
>>55092008
Who's your favorite non-four letter personality?
>>
What's the best animal companion? Familiar? Mount?
>>
>>55092189
me ;)
>>
>>55092189
Fennec anon
>>
>>55092189
I'd say leakanon, despite his fucked up thumbs
>>
>>55092189
FennecAnon is a sweetheart!
>>
>>55092189

Leakanon's done a lot of good by us.
>>
>>55091904
Mike pls go
>>
>>55092189
LeakAnon and Fennec Anon are both good people
>>
>>55092189
Fennec. Agriculture.
>>
>>55092204
Certain elves, paladin orders and even empyreal lords breed rare creatures as mounts for good-doers. Getting these is pretty neato.

A celestial hydra, despite being slow as shit is hilarious in combat because of its smiting nonsense.
>>
Quick, my campaign starts in half an hour

Two of my players are playing humans with a powerful template; half-celestial and graveknight respectively. To make up for this I promised the others they could have some additional extra thing if they played a "normal" race. The bard got a free +4 intelligence, the rogue is getting a free ring of invisibility, and the Warpriest got to be a talking dog. What can I give to the Gunslinger Bolt Ace? Player uses a repeating heavy repeating crossbow because there are no firearms in the setting.
>>
Thinking about retraining a feat, namely net proficiency

(Soundstriker) Bard 6 / (Zen Archer) Monk 1

F1: Lingering Performance
FHB: Improved Initiative
F3: Additional Traits
FZA: Perfect Strike
FZAB: Precise Shot
>F5: EWP Net
F7: Fast Learner (+1 HP & Skillpoint in fav class)

Skills: diplo 16, intim 13, bluff 18, sense motive 18, knowledges 12, linguistics 12

Traits:
Reactionary: +2 init
Life of Toil: +1 fort
Inspired: 1/day roll twice on skill check
Guiding Spirit 1/day* roll twice on next d20 roll

Combat: drop inspire courage, use net/tangleshot arrow to entangle, use weird words for 4d6 + cha sonic damage, use scorching ray wand, buff allies, aid another, throw net, help complete mission objective (e.g. take an AoO so another player can run safely by to seize the macguffin)

Instead of that, I was thinking about taking point blank shot so that I could get rapid shot to entangle a few enemies with the tangleshot arrows, cunning so I get more skill points, or a +2 bonus on my saves or something.
>>
File: 1466650779435.jpg (14KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466650779435.jpg
14KB, 300x270px
>>55092443
>repeating heavy repeating crossbow
Please excuse the fact that I am retarded.
>>
>>55092526

I forgive you. It seems like you were trying to emphasize the fact it is a repeating heavy repeating crossbow.
>>
>>55092008
>TFW five-letter name
>>
>DM wants to do a Planeswalker class
>Makes it and a new game where we're gestalt with the Planeswalker
>I'm a summoner//Green Planeswalker
>On some plane that has a lake that steals your memories
>Blah blah there's a demon terrorizing a village we need to help them
>We go confront the demon
>Kick his ass cause all he does is float around as smoke since he's like a dream demon not a real world fight demon
>After the fight he runs like a bitch
>Comes back later in my dream
>Taunts me and says he's gonna go kill all my friends/family, then me
>"Okay, do it"
>"If you're just here to gloat, we've already defeated you. If you're so powerful you can kill me, do it quit trying to threaten me"
>I assume the DM will just have him say some nonsense about "Not wanting to waste his time"
>Nope, roll initiative
>In the dream realm so thought is power
>We clash
>Deal a ton of damage to him, he hits me for just over my max hp
>Drains all my mental stats 12 points
>Become a zombie in the real world
>Party kills me

Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>55092189
Leakanon and FennecAnon are treasures to be protected.
>>
>>55092567
It is exactly equally as repeating as it is heavy

Still need to give the player something
>>
>>55092204
>Animal Companion
The Roc for easy flight, the Megaloceros for how much it can kick ass.
>Familiar
Anything that grants +4 to Initiative. If your GM lets you apply any familiar bonus to any other familiar, the Pig is a hilariously-strong Mauler, the Ioun Wyrd makes for an excellent Figment, the Monkey is a great wand-caddy, and the rat is amazing at stealth and recon.
>Mount
If you're limited to the Cavalier list, get a Horse. If you have the whole Druid list, see the Animal Companions above.
>>
>>55092604
why did that turn you into a zombie
>>
>>55092189
Foxtits

>>55092588
Gas the five-letter names letter-count war NOW
>>
>>55092443
Help me guys I have no idea what to even give a gunslinger for free stuff
>>
>>55092588
>tfw nine-letter name
>>
>>55092727
It's his custom demon, that's what it's been doing. Killing people in their sleep and turning them into zombies.
>>
>>55092809
i mean it was pretty dumb to take on a dream demon in its natural realm, but the DM shouldn't have just murderfied you.
>>
>>55092443
Well the best pathfinder crossbow is actually the Minotaur-Double (NOT the regular double). Anything less is inferior, and beyond like, level 2, a repeating crossbow is actually a step down from a regular heavy one.

The Minotaur Double is where it's at.
>>
>>55092788

Rapid shot/vital strike as a bonus feat, so that he can pump out a little extra damage at times.
>>
>>55092827
I mean anyone can kill some dumb commoners, I could do that. And we had already beat him and made him run away.

I also just hate the "villain loses but comes to gloat that he's going to win next time, trust me!" shit.
>>
>>55092869
i guess yeah but sometimes you should just roll with the cliches
>>
>>55092788
It doesn't fucking matter. Nothing you give them will be equivalent to the CR +2/3 templates you've given the other PCs.

Everyone who didn't take the template is pretty much fucked.
>>
>>55092788
Give him advanced guns.
>>
>>55092900
Eh whatever, now I have to figure out my new character.
>>
>>55092934
I mean as always, talk with the DM and explain what you felt went wrong there. Don't be angry, just talk and explain what didn't feel right about it to you, and how if sometihng comes up in the future it can be improved.
>>
>>55092838
Good idea but the player already has those

>>55092908
I'm not trying to create balance, I'm trying to add something fun that will add a sort of illusion of balance. Failing that, break the game in favor of the other player(s) and see what happens.

>>55092933
Too late to have the player respec and also I don't want gunpowder in my incredibly awesome special snowflake customer campaign setting.

Let me put this in a different light. What's the most powerful thing I can give a crossbow-wielding non-spellcaster?
>>
>>55093064

If he already has them, "give" them to him so that he can take other feats instead.

Alternatively, a permanent gravity bow on his crossbow to up the damage dice.
>>
>>55092760
>Foxtits

Foxtits is a four-letter name masquerading as a seven-letter name.
>>
>>55093082
Player is derp and loathes char gen. Giving out extra feats will be more of a burden than a gift. Otherwise yeah I would totally just give them some or all of the mandatory "literally no reason not to take this if you want to be functional" feats for free.

I was leaning towards something more tangible than an extra ability or a stat increase, something like equipment or some famous accomplishment or background thing.
>>
>>55093192

Family heirloom (ring) +1 luck bonus to all checks (stacks with other luck bonuses)
>>
>>55092760
>tfw seven letters
>>
>>55093216
Luck bonuses already stack with themselves.
>>
>>55093237
I wish I was stacked...
>>
>>55093242

What race is most stacked? How stacked are Shabti?
>>
>>55093338
Kobolds and Lizardfolk
>>
>>55092653
>Ioun Wyrd w/ Figment archetype

What's the draw here? I must be missing something, because I don't see what's so great about this. Is there something in the list of evolutions that's really great for an Ioun Wyrd?
>>
>>55093371
>Kobolds
Only if they're stacked on each other's shoulders
>>
>>55093064
This might be too little too late, but give him an intelligent crossbow containing the spirit of a long-dead but highly-skilled sharpshooter that can give him advice for some random X times per day bonuses for combat things, and has a special power to make any kind of crossbow bolt appear loaded in itself as a free action so he can actually full attack. The bolts are nonmagical, but take on the magic properties of the weapon itself (which he can pay to enchant however he'd like when he can afford it, like any other weapon).
>>
someone make a new thread reee
>>
>thinking about making a thrown weapon character

why do i do these things
>>
>>55093658
Thrown weapons are really good now with the style feats + fighter advanced weapon training.

Startoss style is Vital strike and it hits multiple enemies and then you get free returning built in. Also for each feat you get +2 free F R E E damage
>>
New thread

>>55093703
>>55093703
>>55093703

>>55093703
>>
New Thread
>>55093714
>>
>>55093712
>>55093722

>two new threads

GODDAMN ANIME SHI--

>neither is anime

oh.
>>
>>55093712
>>55093722
>2 threads made within 30 seconds of each other
>Both have good OP images.
Damn. This never happens. Sorry second thread poster. You should get the next thread
>>
>>55093777
I keep trying to delete it, but it just directs me to a blank page.
>>
>>55093693
plus you can get Dex2Damage with ranged attacks with Starry Grace, apparently.
>>
>>55093412
Keeps your Ioun nice and safe, it has blindsight 30 ft. so a +8 Skilled Perception makes it a decent scout.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.