[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 63

File: slide_1.jpg (78KB, 966x390px) Image search: [Google]
slide_1.jpg
78KB, 966x390px
"Nico jobs again" Edition

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
https://mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux: https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Through the Breach 2E - Core Rulebook

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/
>>
>>54939238
Old thread.
>>
>>55008529
Thanks m8.

Was about to post "wooden spoon is op" edition.
>>
File: 599c3f8a843ca_GG188_22.17 (1).pdf (591KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
599c3f8a843ca_GG188_22.17 (1).pdf
591KB, 1x1px
Reposting GG 2018 beta.
>>
First for get rekt summoners.
>>
>>55008779
This.
Powergaming Nico fags need to get fucked.
>>
Gotta wait to see where it goes, but Gaining Grounds: "Fuck Summoners" edition seems pretty bad for Ressers at the moment.
>>
>>55009362
For some things I don't think that it is too bad. A summoning focused crew will still add up to 50 rocks, so Ours is workable if you park your models in the right place. There are some things that should probably be reworded, as that one anon pointed out about McCabe. Time to complain about it on the beta forum then.
>>
>>55009362
Unless they change it back it's going to be Reva all day every day.
>>
Also, convenient how Hamelin just got an upgrade that lets him dominate scheme markers with his masses of Peons.
>>
>>55009362
Keep in mind that it works both ways, so your opponent can't score for the strategy by easily killing your summoned models. It makes summoning less of a viability in some ways. I suppose the optimal thing to do would be to use summoned models as meat shields for hired models.
>>
>>55009476
*less of a liability
>>
>>55008773
well I guess I wanted to try out grown up dreamer anyway so the summonerf doesn't hurt too much
>>
>>55009496
The Dreamer should be fine. You are going to have some models like Teddies, a Doppleganger, and the Widow Weaver hanging out while the twins regen and take the brunt of the damage. Chompy counts as 10 rocks which is pretty nice. It's just that you can't shoot Madnesses across the board to claim a quarter anymore, so focusing less on summoning certainly won't hurt.
>>
Man, Big Jake is useless in GG18 isn't he?
>>
>>55009566
I am pretty sure that they will have to FAQ/Errata him if counting by stones stays. Same with the Tanuki for that matter. It won't be a huge issue as the January errata will coincide with the release of the final GG 2018 anyways.
>>
>>55009552
Firstly, Chompy is summoned, so no dice. Secondly, he has a cost. His cost I'd just 0. Masters are the only models without a SS cost.
>>
Saw this post on the offical forums and it basically mirrors my thoughts on the summoning change
Summoning is a wide spread and fundamental mechanic in Malifaux. All factions, to a greater and lesser, extent, have it. It is used for many and various effects, from 'pure' summoning a la Nicodem, to shape-shifting with Myranda, to falling off a horse as seen in McCabe.

In fact, it covers SUCH a wide variety of models, rules and interactions that I would be very careful about implementing a pretty fundamental change like this to the scoring mechanics of the game. It will have enormous consequences for every model in the game that summons, each of which has been carefully playtested with the current system in place.

I would humbly suggest that if the game developers want to re-examine the summoning mechanic the best time to do it would be during a wider rules update (M2.5e or M3e) so that its applied a bit more holistically.
>>
File: Nicodem Crew.jpg (164KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem Crew.jpg
164KB, 1000x676px
Would Ours/Interference work better using the Collect the Bounty points system?

Doesn't completely invalidate summoning, but makes spamming Minions less valuable.
>>
>>55009721
Models with a cost of 0 count as 10, though you are right about summoning. That would work out if you were using Huggy.
>>
>>55009929
No, models without a Soulstone cost count as 10. 0 cost models have a soulstone cost.
>>
File: Raptors.jpg (142KB, 799x960px) Image search: [Google]
Raptors.jpg
142KB, 799x960px
>11: Vendetta
FUCK YEAH!
Best scheme makes a triumphant return.
The narrative of this scheme is what initially sold me on Malifaux as my primary game, rather than an occasional thing.

A lot of these seem to be .far. more work than they are worth though.
Challenge and Hold Up Their Forces are silly easy to deny for most.
Smuggled has been trashed already.
I do quite like Buried Treasure as a LYM-replacement though, to stop the irritating Turn 5 bumrush of scheme runners.
Seems dangerously easy to make it completely impossible just by keeping a backfield sweeper or two though. I guess it puts Raptors firmly back in the free VP(-blocking) slot.

>>55009929
Text says 'without a cost', not 'costing 0ss'.
You may well be right, but that definitely needs clearing up.
>>
>>55010107
>Text says 'without a cost', not 'costing 0ss'.
>You may well be right, but that definitely needs clearing up.
I realize that I was wrong about that. I can understand that they don't want to give guys like Jakob and Viktoria of Ashes an immediate advantage.
>>
Going back to the last thread, have the upgrades helped Brewmaster? Will Tri-Chi models in general be more useful.
>>
>>55010107
>these fucking birds
I hate flying models like this. I've still got these and Collete's pigeons off bases because I don't want to deal with them
But practiced production/raptors seems too good to pass up
>>
File: Rafkin Alt.jpg (218KB, 1000x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Rafkin Alt.jpg
218KB, 1000x1153px
>>55010798
>But practiced production/raptors seems too good to pass up
Bad news bud - it doesn't work any more.
The last Errata changed PP to "significant only" for teh model to drop it off.
>>
>>55010905
Oh shit.
I fucking hate erratas.
>>
>>55010905
>>55010945
Well, I guess that means I don't have to bother with them which is kind of a relief. They don't seem like they'd do much else except maybe tie up models in the back lines on turn two. Maybe that's a lot better than I give it credit for since I'm not good at the game.
I still need to find an alternate model for Howard Langston. And maybe Joss. Joss isn't too ugly but I got mine in a trade and the quality was fucked up because the guy I traded with was shit at modeling.
>>
File: badger_1024x1024.jpg (31KB, 405x406px) Image search: [Google]
badger_1024x1024.jpg
31KB, 405x406px
>>55011379
Are you not happy with Miss Step, the original Steamborg Executioner, or Alexi Sokolov? I guess you can always use another manufacturer's figures like Infamy Game's, or try the TTB character kits if you want something with mechanical limbs that is tournament legal.
>>
>>55012939
Yeah, I've mentioned my dislike for the awkward half robot spider half person look that the two Langston models have. Also the Blessed of December. That's an ugly model that I'll need to find an alternate of.
I have the original models, so I'd be fine using other game's models as stand-ins.
>>
>>55013030
>That's an ugly model that I'll need to find an alternate of.
How do you feel about Neverborn-ish nightmare rabbits in hats?
Tortoise and Hare box
>>
>>55013053
Not a fan of that look either; the turtle is kind of neat, but I'd prefer the ghost japanese armor over it, and the rabit's got too much of that 'quirky spooky nightmare' look that I'm not big in. Which is why I avoided Malifaux 1E.
>>
File: mole_1024x1024.jpg (38KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
mole_1024x1024.jpg
38KB, 499x499px
>>55013030
No spider? That will be harder then.
>>
>>55013097
Pity. I love the 1e look and I try to paint my new stuff to avoid the all gritty and serious current scheme it's awesome from the design aspect because it can be painted very quickly to high standard, so kudos to Wyrd I guess

Greenstuffing said hare to give him an ushanka (heh) hat and a quilted or fur vest to make him look less Alice in Wonderland and more Raspy crew - good idea? bad idea?
>>
>>55009415
>A summoning focused crew will still add up to 50 rocks
Yeah, but summing crews send the give up a lot in pretty much every other department in order to summon and be balanced, unless you're Somer.

Nico for example takes between 9-21 ss in corpse generating support models.
>>
>>55013097
>Which is why I avoided Malifaux 1E
I feel the opposite. I miss the is art. The new stuff feels to Saturday Morning Cartoon for me.
>>
>>55013274
OK, he's got sleeves so scratch the vest idea.
Version 2.0 is greatcoat, for maximum Soviet murderhobo look.
>>
>>55013274
>>55013427
OK scratch both ideas, apparently someone at Wyrd had a brainfart and they're sold already glued so fuck it.
>>
>>55013511
Looking at the model it looks like it should be fairly easy to turn the jacket is a great coat. The hat shouldn't be too hard either.
>>
>>55013660
Yeah but I already got triggered by merely thinking about correcting some assembly worker's shitty job, so nah, not worth my nerves.
>>
>>55013705
>Yeah but I already got triggered by merely thinking about correcting some assembly worker's shitty job, so nah, not worth my nerves.
My attitude towards ToS models in a nutshell.
>>
>>55013340
Then just don't take that summoning engine. Also with all the free passive corpses he can get between Asura, Kentaroi(sp?), and the Emissary that are all good even outside of their corpse generation this doesn't seem like a problem.
>>
>>55013358
That's strange, I found the old stuff to be too cartoony. I like the new stuff's realistic proportions (as opposed to typical mini's heroic style with huge heads and huge hands) and more serious tone.
>>
>>55014656
Johan would like a word with you.
>>
>>55014699
He is more there as a stylized figure rather than chunky all over because of casting limitations. The fact that he looks as he does works because most other models are normal, letting him stand out.
>>
>>55014699
Yeah, he's pretty out there. Looking at his old model, they don't even look to be even close to the same type of character. The only similarity is that they're both holding a hammer.
Old model reminds me of 1990s GW stuff, though.
>>
>>55014800

I find it kind of impressive how different metal and plastic Taelor look.
>>
Who is the best Malifu?
>>
>>55015065

Molly
>>
>>55015065
Canonically a Lilitu would be the best fuck.
>>
>>55009362
If we I flip 'Ours', the new interference I'm not even going to bother getting a summoner out of my case, I'm just going to unpack Reva instead and blow the other crew off the table before they can score.

If they want use all to play non summoners they can expect more Reva, pretty simple.
>>
>>55008529
Do Monks of High River see play?
>>
File: large.jpg (108KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
108KB, 500x624px
>>55016494
Ahahahahaha ahahaah ahaha ha
>>
>>55014656
The old models seemed like they suffered from the limitations of the molds.

I mostly mean the new art.
>>
>>55015065
The Vik's.
Everyone wants to fuck twins.
>>
>>55015234
But her leather daddy twin would want and share her orgasm
>>
>>55015234
I'd rather be the one with the whip, personally..
>>
File: Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg (55KB, 960x373px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg
55KB, 960x373px
>>55016494
No, but I don't think they are terrible models.
They are just the worst option at that cost because 10T have greatminions.
>>
>>55010304
Not really. One of his upgrades increases poison damage to 3 in his aura, and you can discard it to summon Wesley

The other upgrade gives Brewski a mask when targetting poisoned models and gives him a pulse that forces (for some reason) a Wk duel or suffer 2 damage.

Both are alright and decent, but not really big in the large scheme of things.
>>
>>55018841
They wouldn't be hired at 5 SS. Even at 4 SS they'd face some tough competition because they don't do anything people want or need more of, and what they do they do incredibly poorly. They're brawlers with zero defenses, a weak attack, poor range and that's it. They are terrible models in every possible sense of the word.
>>
>>55010304
Not what he needed in the slightest.

The upgrade for masks against poisoned models just gives him more set up, which already was his biggest problem, and the pulse is some half assed attempt at giving him a damage source which people asked for, but then Wyrd decided to put it on a simple duel and at Wk instead of Wp.

The extra poison damage is not nearly as big as it sounds considering that if you play the Brewmaster even remotely competitively models only poison themselves if they fail a duel in his bubble, and if they do they get a healing flip to boot offsetting all the damage you would be doing. At least it's a free Wesley though.
>>
>>55019061
Arent akaname 4ss? Better scheme runners, a variety of abilities and thanks to poison and 5 severe equal or better damage. They also have synergy with shenlong where high river monks dont.
>>
>>55019091
Akaname and fermented monks deal out plenty of poison for the extra damage aura. Outside of those models it seems very hard. If brewie could take the new undead gremlin that would work but shit like tanuki, dawn serpent and yin arent poison heavy enough.
>>
>>55019105
And even then Akaname don't see a lot of play because LRM give you great healing, the Shadow Effigy gives you a sturdy scheme runner/leader protection/minitarpit, and [any totem] does what [totem] is designed for. Fuck the HRM are shit.

>>55019122
I said competitively.
>>
File: Shenlong B&W & Blue (1).jpg (21KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong B&W & Blue (1).jpg
21KB, 720x960px
>>55019061
Between (0) Wander the Earth and the discard for 3 attacks on charge, you can use them to fairly reliably put Burning +3 (up to +6 with enough Tomes) on something - excellent in Frame for Murder.

A corner case, but I've seen it done.

I think they'd see play as a cheap beater minion at 5ss.
6ss is just dumb though.
>>
>>55019147
Competitive TT list without akaname what? Maybe its my meta but they are must haves for shen, yan, brewie and asami here. I rarely hire less than two. I doubt gremlins use them as much but god damn you can fit an lrm or shadow alongside akaname unless you literally take yu+emissary every single game and want another 10 cost on top.
>>
>>55019191
The fuck do you use two Akaname for? The fuck do you even use one for? Poisoning models is a huge waste of AP, they don't do shit without poison. There's a dozen better models in the 4-5 SS bracket.
>>
>>55019227
They arent using their ranged attack they charge in and deal regular damage then mass pump scheme and/or corpse markers out. Yan uses one if hes taking tosh to get easy ashigaru, asami uses the for corpse and scheme markers, brewie scheme and poison, shen again for schemes and damage but TT bros are similar if you have no obsidian oni etc. They get enough poison to fuel their shit or fuel a shen fermented style bomb hust from combat and marker production. TT bros are good competiton but they pretty much destroy Tengu and dont fill similar role to LRM. I take them over tt bro any time I have or need marker production.
>>
Why the fuck is wyrd so fond of LE models that can be bought only at conventions or through their own online shop AT convention times? It's fucking absurd that they have like, 20 different plastic kits, not counting green/red recolors, that just sit on the shelf for most of the year. Especially when they're stuff that people would eat up, because the original model is shit (like hungering darkness). It just seems like Spartan Games idea.
>>
>>55019381
Go to tourneys, local tourneysget sent prize packs by wyrd featuring those limited models.
>>
>>55019288
So first they have to charge a model, hit twice and apply 2 poison, if you don't want to spend 8 SS on this gimmick you have to wait a turn, get only one poison back unless one of those charge attacks had an extra crows in its duel total and then use your 0 to drop a scheme marker? Rather than, y'know, drop a scheme marker? And at a suit if you want to create a different kind of marker?
Like you said, Obsidian Oni are far better at that. And instead of trying to make an incredibly inefficient Shenlong upgrade work you could always just focus on his other upgrades. I could see taking one with Brewmaster just so the Brewmaster and Yu can drag themselves across the board, but even there his use diminishes very quickly and you'd even be better off with a FRM.
>>
>>55019381
Didn't they say they'd be releasing Alt Nekima and Alt Huggy regularly? If they don't want to bloat the game they're gonna have to switch to just releasing cooler models.
>>
>>55019420
In all honesty, I don't know. I've had to glue some Kharadrons for AoS recently, and I had no desire to touch any Malifaux models after that sadly. I've been spoiled.
>>
>>55019410
In your hypothetical with no other models on the board thats true hut like I said when one of yours or your enemy dies or creates a marker you get extra pushes and poison. I dont try to build up poison I get it through normal combat. Thanks to 5+1 severe they scale well with the many free focuses in TT and their low cost malkekes activation control easy. I understand if you dont have play experience with akaname but they really are a great 4ss model for tt. They dont fit into the old hench/enforcer heavy tt but once you realize mass minions makes better use of tt synergies (maybe not with lynch or misaki I dont know them well) they are a great addition. The problem with tanuki is akanamedo the same thing but they also do damage. Though I wpuld have played the shit out of misdirect tanuki.
>>
>>55019434
Anon open yourmail wyrd just sent you a free mechanical toolbox or whatever vs totem is called.
>>
Any tara, levi, vs or jack players wanna discuss the new upgrades? Alternatively anyone wanna talk about blight focused hamelin? I wanna try hamelin but most players seem to ignore blight and focus only on obeys and activation control.
>>
>>55019587
Mostly because Obeys and Activation control wins you games.

Regarding Blight Hamelin, I am interested to see what his new Plague Pit upgrade does.
>>
File: Joss Red.jpg (52KB, 547x540px) Image search: [Google]
Joss Red.jpg
52KB, 547x540px
>>55019587
>>55019869
Blight is great to take that one tough model out of the game - I've lost Joss and Cassandra to it several times because my local Hamelin player is inappropriately scared of them.
There's not a huge amount you can do about it if they are on Blight +5 by Turn 3.
>>
>>55019910
The issue seems to be getting mire than one into a model. Bleeding disease is cool and 1 action charges are even better than obeys but what else is there?
>>
File: Joss Blue.jpg (93KB, 892x960px) Image search: [Google]
Joss Blue.jpg
93KB, 892x960px
>>55020014
There's about four different things that can pass on Blight, and it ticks up at the end of each turn.
Get some on early, use the bonuses the target having Blight gives to stack more and to aid doing normal damage, and ignore the target until you're ready to Blight-Expunge it.
>>
>>55020014
Bleeding Disease is pretty brutal.

As for stacking blight, if you get it early it stacks itself otherwise hitting with rats (for some reason nobody likes to cheat against puny little rats) can stack a decent bunch of Blight. Blight on Pipes is also good, as are just putting some Stolen near enemies.
>>
>>55016494
They are alright at the two things they do: punching conditions out of people, and minor healing. For 4ss if you think that's what you need, go it.

The problem is I find it rare to really want that.
>>
>>55020647
Wrong river buddy.
>>
File: 1470899997397.png (89KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1470899997397.png
89KB, 500x465px
>>55020647
Also LRM are amazing.
>>
>>55020647
>.
I can't fucking read!
High river are, as stated, just slightly too weak at what they do. They are too fragile to want to take, and don't quite deal enough damage in return.
>>
>>55016494
>>55016571
>>55018841
>>55019122
>>55019147
>>55019187
>>55020647
I see. Don't think I mind,I'll use the dope as fuck models for my Blood Bowl team.

I already have TTB, probably gonna pick up some Terracottas soon. Are there any other solid TT minions that are cheap and good? (Do you ever run Illuminated outside of Lynch?)
>>
>>55021311
With Gwyneth Maddox coming out they'll definitely see more play outside of Lynch, and I'll often take them in Shenlong or McCabe lists. LRM are good cheap models, and Katanaka Snipers are good.
>>
>>55021311
The Illuminated are amazing minions though I feel you rarely see them beyond Lynch because losing the 4/6/7 damage track really feels like such a huge blow, even though they're still great models with just their 2/4/5. As that guy said, Gwyneth accompanied by one in a McCabe crew is gonna be brutal.

If looking at the best minions TT has to offer... like ^ said, maybe a Shadow Effigy and some Komainu. The new Charm Warders are shaping up to be quite good too, and the Lotus Eaters are kinda nice, if a bit niche. The rest will depend on which masters you play.
>>
>>55021311
Illuminated are good but at 7 stones if you don want a tanky model skip em. Obsidian oni, katanaka snipers, torakage, tt bros, thunder archers there are a lot of tt models but they tend to vary in function. TT bros are the easiest for most players they use in the minion slot. Teracotta warriors can turn cheap stuff like yokai, akaname, koimanu or fermented river monks into nightmares to remove. One amusing thing about thunder archers is they have cg 8 so hand them the glowing saber and they can run the whole field to shank someone, if you give em fast they can spend 1ap to double focus too.
>>
>>55021465
Koimanu + terracotta warrior = your opponent either spending all their resources or leaving the koimanu alone to fuck them up all game. Obsidian oni plus toshiro can shit out more koimanu too and the onis get + damage against the dudes koimanus burn.
>>
>>55021496
If taking the Archers, who usually carries their upgrade?
>>
>>55021939
Depends on master. If it's Shenlong then he'll carry because A) he has the slot, and B) he can ditch it for the benefit that gives and Sensei Yu can then pick it up.

Any other master it will just go on a henchman.
>>
>>55021939
I really wouldn't take the archers.
>>
>>55019381
They confirmed that alt huggy and nekima are getting regular releases. The rest are bait to get you to participate in tournaments.
>>
File: Hamelin Crew 1.jpg (314KB, 1500x994px) Image search: [Google]
Hamelin Crew 1.jpg
314KB, 1500x994px
>>55020014
>>55020360
>hitting with rats (...nobody likes to cheat against puny little rats) can stack... Blight
This.
Rats are more than just activation control - your dozen rats represent three or four Blight applications, because either :
-The opponent ditches their hand to block it and gets fucked up when you start moving real pieces; or
-The opponent lets the natural flips ride and lets that Blight accumulate, to get fucked up next turn.

Cheating for Rat Blights also an acceptable use of 8s and down.

>>55020710
What is that picture.
>>
Gencon order shipping has begun
>>
Let's say I picked McCabe and Shenlong to start 10T with. Who would you guys recommend as a third Master?
>>
>>55023416
Fucking finally
Gimme my Kali knockoff and retard welders
>>
File: Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg (570KB, 1450x744px) Image search: [Google]
Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg
570KB, 1450x744px
>>55023464
Brewmaster.
You've already got your "I want to win this game" Masters, now you need your funbad Master for days off.
>>
>>55023464
Jakob would be good, as he can put out a lot of damage for killier schemes, and a well composed group of Illuminated can be parked somewhere for anything that requires holding a point. Asami wouldn't be bad either, as she can summon in more killy pools without too much of a disadvantage, while enjoying the benefits summoners normally do.
>>
>>55023464
Both McCabe and Shenlong can do just about all schemes and strats by themselves and 99% of them better than all other TT masters. They do whatever their crew does but faster/better/etc, so they're not locked into any kind of playstyle. I guess you could add Lynch if you want to kill-kill-kill but beyond that Shen and McCabe will be your go-to masters for every scheme.
>>
>>55023526
>>55023546

Oh, are they that good? I mostly liked their play mechanics. Tossing magic items and switching MA styles I mean.
>>
>>55023464
Personally I think asami could be a good choice. Her yokai can go lightspeed with poison from shenlongs peasants and are just all around pretty useful. Yu can help push ohaguro into overdrive and his bonus to models using focus synergizes with asamis focus handouts. Ultimately you will be pushed into buying lots of oni if you do this though.
>>
>>55023592

I like the Oni models (aside from the contact points on the Jorogumo to their bases) so that'd be ok. By lots do you just mean grabbing the range, or are there Oni where I'd want a second box?
>>
On the McCabe note, reactions to his new upgrades? They seem like fun alternatives than must-haves, which I'm totally cool with.
>>
>>55023560
Yeah, Shenlong is probably tied for the top 10T master spot with Asami. McCabe is a pretty close 3rd.

A 3rd master can also be Jakob Lynch. He goes a more killy route than either of the others, so it offers up a different play style. Also Illuminated are great models to get buffs from McCabe and Shenlong.
>>
>>55023560
They're both force multipliers, with McCabe being better at spreading out and Shenlong better at bubbling up. My favourite masters are the Brewmaster and Lynch, but if you're just starting out Shenlong, the Brewmaster and Asami are gonna be very difficult to play right and Asami is gonna require a few extra purchases. Lynch is a very forgiving and still decently competitive master.

>>55023630
McCabe is miles better than Asami. It's basically Shenlong>McCabe>>>Asami~Lynch>>>the rest>>>Brewmaster

>>55023620
He has a 1 SS upgrade that turns into any of his 2 SS upgrades, so that one's an autotake, and I feel the Cloak replaces that 1 Armor/2Regen in almost all cases, though you can always Terracotta it out.
>>
>>55023526
its hilarious that shenlongs fermented style is easier to set off and arguably more turn fucking than brewies control shit. Jorugumo bites shen for 2 damage and 3 poison, shenlong 0s or uses a peasant for 1 more and now theres a tn 15 pulse of succeed or be useless rhus turn. Enemy will drain their whole hand stopping it and unlike brewie cant push their shit away or move brewie to fix it. Hell it affects defenses so you can wipe shit out too.
>>
>>55023668

Why's Brewie your favorite? I like the concept but usually all you hear about is how shit he is, particularly when trying to do Poison.

Also, is Whiskey Golem worth it now with his newer upgrade?
>>
>>55023668
Asami is definitely better than McCabe. Especially now after her new upgrades.
>>
>>55023739

Whyso? How do you feel about the fringe cases people are bringing up of your opponent taking control of Asami and forcing her to spend all of her Flicker?
>>
>>55023696
Don't do poison. But yeah, he's actually got quite a fun toolbox. Take Yin and you can drain about 5 cards a turn while completely crippling a big unit or two, you can obey units into attacking you into placing them in the furthest corner of their deployment zone, you can keep masters in a perpetual state of - - or groups of model stuck in your bubble as they keep trying to - their way out of your range... It's not gonna win you matches but seeing people lose the will to live as they try to desperately disengage their master only to become drunker and drunker makes me feel funny inside.

And the Whiskey Golem isn't worth it because Running Tab isn't worth it. I would actually not mind trying him some more if infiltrate was just built into his card but yeah.
>>
>>55023611
You should not need doubles for most games but you might consider them if you find yourself with a favorite model. Jorugumo are must have beaters you can summon. Obsidian Oni are must have all around combat models who can get you markers to help summon with. Ama No Zako can be real handy, her job is to completely fuck over any schemes that involve going somewhere like the side of the board or sneaking into deployment zone etc as she can fly around gobbling up scheme runners and then when she is full dropping some herself if she doesnt feel like heading to join the main fight. Yasunori is a great guy to take if you just want a really expensive mobile beater. Tengu are bad but have some niche uses i guess since they can heal and the more scheme markers you have the more mobile they are so in a super scheme marker heavy pool they could work. Yokai are already in asami's box and can scheme decently but are mostly charging murder machines (for their cost, dont expect them to shred masters) and one of your more common summons. Akaname are less mobile but more useful tengu basically, you will either love em or hate em, just look at the argument up further this thread. Ohaguro Bettari is in Aasamis box and is a model designed to remove that one specific enemy model you really don't like.
>>
>>55023760
If you see one of the few models that can actually control leader actions, then you drop Borrowed Time for Nefarious Pact. As of now however, that's only Sybelle and Marcus, so not exactly a common issue. Also with the Terracotta Warrior you can give flicker +1 to a summon at the cost of a low card from your hand.
>>
>>55023739
McCabe is far more versatile in crew set-up and responses midgame. He and his crew are faster, bring better activation control, bring better interact options are far more forgiving if things go wrong and he doesn't have a single master he matches up poorly against. And then the upgrades came 'round and he got another little buff.

Meanwhile Asami's new upgrade gives her 1 flicker to hand out if you want her to survive round 5 for 1 SS, only collecting more if she spends her time hacking away or using her totem's ability, which you might as well cast on her summons for far less risk. And that's requiring you to take him in the first place. The Emissary's buff is nice but still competes with the versatility Yu brings, especially for marker based schemes which your Oni should be dropping everywhere and repositioning any surviving Oni. She's definitely not bad but she's far more limited in what she can do and respond to than McCabe.
>>
>>55023696
Brewie is actually okay at poisoning a fermented river monk with one for the road for an easy reactive early on. Those guys can be pretty spooky if you can give them that reactivate.

Something i've always found odd about people that hate on running tab is doesn't it let you hire that chatty gremlin henchman? Fingers is fantastic. Though of course then you realize fingers is anti-synergistic with what running tab actually does (fingers prevents enemy scheme markers spawning and replaces them with your scheme markers so how will brewie use them to heal?) but honestly if you plan to take both whiskey golem and fingers i'd say running tab could be worth it. Though at that point you probably wont be fitting yu or the emissary in unless the rest of your crew is just 4-5 cost models.
>>55023886
My understanding of the flicker upgrade was that you do not want her to last to turn 5 with it, you want to shit out as many oni summons as possible (probably yokai since they come in at flicker 2) using your free masks.
>>
>>55023926
Fingers is amazing but not at the pools you take Brewmaster in. I really don't get why Wyrd doesn't just Errata the Brewmaster like Tara though. Why would Gremlins ever take the Tanuki or Fermented Monks if it costs 7 SS for a model barely worth 5, and why would TT take them when poison is shit. It feels like Aaron constantly thinks he's on the verge of a breakthrough on making the Brewmaster tick and that whatever genius new thing he designs will be THE thing that makes him work the way he wants him to work. Poor Aaron. Poor poor stupid Aaron.
>>
>>55023886
McCabe is more versatile yes, but his versatility isn't really all that great. As for faster crews, not really. Outside of hounds(the only other worthwhile infiltration that isn't austrigners), his crew is going to be just as fast as any 10T crew except for the 1 nimble model they'll have. Activation control over a summoner? Really?

Asami's upgrade lets her summon a model to stick around longer when needed, or get a summon without needing to stone. And between Amanjaku being able to increase flicker and Fate of Mortals allowing her to increase her flicker whenever your opponent scores VP, and being able to get flicker off of an attack that has an execute trigger, her sticking around to turn 6 isn't an issue. Asami can do any marker based scheme trivially easily already when she basically gives finish the job to all her summons within 10".
>>
One thing i've always found weird is how moon shinobi are fucking six costs. How?!?
>>55024005
Fermented River monks are good but yeah brewier really needs some errata. Its pretty clear which part of him is bad too, since if you look at the TT forums one of the biggest threads on brewie strategy is about "naked" brewie, which is brewie with nothing thematic and no upgrades or totems so you can take as many awesome powerful TT models as you like and just use brewmaster for obeys and swills. Pick yer poison is just about the only upgrade people ever consider on him. The good stuff is shockingly awful (especially compared to kirai, yan lo, rasputina and dreamer who all have better "non melee master gets melee shit" upgrades now though kirai's isn't great either) and Binge involves you targetting a model with 3 poison to paralyze them, which is stupid since your thematic models (and plenty of other models in TT/Gremlin) can just murder them now since they have no wp and that "paralyzes" them forever. Hell with the new extra damage on poison upgrade binge is even more useless. Other than against scheme runners paralyze is only really marginally better than just giving them swill anyway.

Also TT is weird because akaname, fermented river style yu and fermented river monks all WANT to have poison, but Aaron goes out of his way to make it hard to give to them. Seriously Tanuki only give 1 poison with their scheme marker they dont help with this shit at all. Brewie himself only gives out 2 poison for 1 ap, so he cant really afford to actually fuel these abilities himself, whilst its easy to imagine if he gave out 4 poison or something it might be worthwhile, since you can imagine akaname then spitting it onto an enemy model at range or a fermented river monk getting instant reactivate. Hell its not like 2ap for a paralyze with binge would be good anyway, rasputina can already do long range paralyzes easy, as can molly and pandora.
>>
>>55024027
At 4" pushes per upgrade, nimble and reactivate, yeah, he's going miles faster. Think the Emissary tossing his salad around, going nimble>push+his own push+fast+nimble>giving reactivate+giving a push+nimble>reactivate with nimble. That's 32" of free movement with just 1 upgrade, two 0's and a 1 action, and not hitting any triggers, just 2 4's. And at that point some model has fast to boot.

And with cheap hounds and reactivate vs units that flicker out unless you have the right set-up he is outactivating far more consistently and with useful models to boot, especially in the earlier turns where it matters most. Asami can rain down scheme markers but she'll still struggle halfway across the field, unlike McCabe's hounds, and with that new upgrade scheming in close quarters has just become so much easier. Especially now that the Terracotta Warriors can swap his upgrades into stuff he needs whenever he needs it. He can both plan and react perfectly, and has no requirements or resources he needs to work towards to do so.
>>
File: Brewmaster Crew.jpg (884KB, 3262x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster Crew.jpg
884KB, 3262x1364px
LIST PICK TIME!
Easy mode: GG17
Hard mode: GGb18 edition.

Deployment: Standard (3T)
Strategy: Ply for Information/Squatter's Rights (8T)
Schemes: (4C, 8R)

Charge Soulstone/Dig Their Graves (C)
Collect Evidence/Frame for Murder (R)
Make Them Suffer/Hunting Party (4)
Search The Ruins (8)
Claim Jump (Always)

Since it's topical...
Opponent declares: Ten Thunders

I declare Arcanists.

My list will go up in an hour.
>>
>>55024027
>Outside of hounds(the only other worthwhile infiltration that isn't austrigners)
I think you can add investigators from wave 5 to that list.
>>
>>55024237
>I declare Arcanists
Alright, your list should be to kill yourself.
>>
>>55024257
Its a shame queeg's whole gimmick is completely useless in TT.
>Hey guys i can give you 0 actions when you don't have any!
>Uh no thanks we all have great 0 actions
I find it interesting few people use Wardens when they are pretty brutal for Lucius and Hoffman. I cant really think of many ways to abuse them with mccabe though and they dont get a lot out of the free focuses in TT. The extra ram against activated models is useful for glowing saber though.
>>
>>55024409
If only there was a way for queeg to let them take their 0s an extra time out of activation...
>>
My brain has been ticking over something. Queeg can make minions take 0 actions when he walks. McMourning just expanded the hiring pool of guild to include all beasts and academics. Are there any beasts or academic minions with amazing 0 actions? Queeg could make a Shikome do shrieking challenge before it activates so it could 1 action charge/snatched from the sky etc on its turn i guess. Scorpius could take some feeding attacks or skitter around. Slate Ridge Mauler can bear hug which can be pretty nasty, plus the image of queeg being a bear tamer with that whip is funny. The students can disable triggers as 0. Gupps and Silurids can leap about.

Oh shit found what i was hoping for, the ROUGAROU! A beastly minion with two useful 0 actions potentially leading to a bunch of attacks. Phiona Gage has pseudo smell fear so she can abuse it too.
>>55024611
Yeah i get it I'm pretty dumb.
>>
What do you guys think of sanctioned spellcasters? I've always dreamed of getting off that big ol' soulburst but I'm not quite sure how to do it. They have the awkward place of being a ranged model in guild so they have a lot to compete with.
>>
>>55024639
Also look at undead minions the domador can bring in, off the top of my head doxies (0) adds a lot of positioning capabilities, necropunk leaping, I seem to remember dead outlaws having a good 0 but could be wrong.
>>
>>55024718
I've seen some people play them in Sandeep.

Don't know to what success however.
>>
>>55024801
>necropunk leaping
I hadn't thought of that one. I'm sure there's some long beasts to. Slurids Maybe?
>>
>>55024871
Silurid and Gupps both leap.
>>55024801
I thought domadors could only pull ressur? Huh. Dead Outlaws are pretty good yeah. I guess there might be some okish card draw engine with domador, abomination, queeg and hoffman.
>>
File: Field Reporters.jpg (884KB, 3524x1640px) Image search: [Google]
Field Reporters.jpg
884KB, 3524x1640px
>>55024027
>>55024257
How about Guild Reporters?
>>
>>55024871
Definately silurid's and gupps
Blessed and Cerberus are enforcers, so no go there
Dawn serpent's heal is a 0
Scorpius has a couple of useful 0s
>>
File: Guild Masters.jpg (296KB, 2048x1358px) Image search: [Google]
Guild Masters.jpg
296KB, 2048x1358px
>>55024274
Salty Guild player?
I may be an Arcanist player, but I can fully confirm that player skill is more important than model/faction power, because I lose most of my games.
>>
>>55024966
Are they guardsmen?
>>
File: Rasputina Limited Edition.png (128KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
Rasputina Limited Edition.png
128KB, 300x459px
>>55025017
Lost track of my keywords, good point.

>>55024237
Just realised I didn't post a map. Oops.
Rasputina -- 6ss
+Shattered Heart - 3ss
+Child Of Decemeber - 1ss
+Cold Nights - 1ss

Wendigo - 3ss

Angelica - 6ss

Blessed Of December - 9ss
+Sub Zero - 1ss

December Acolyte - 7ss
Ice Dancer - 6ss
Ice Dancer - 6ss
Ice Gamin - 4ss

Should give me room to drop and collect Scheme Markers for Collect Evidence, Make Them Suffer should be very doable, Claim Jump can be done by Ice Dancers and Acolyte.
Search the Ruins is usually only an "I think I can kill them all" pick for me, and Charge Soulstone really requires them to charge this list, so probably not that one.
Blessed, Ice Dancers and Acolyte will be engaging for Information, while Angelica is a general mobility piece for the crew.
>>
What models would you suggest getting after the Shenlong and McCabe boxes? Other than the Emissary. Hounds, LRM, Snipers?
>>
>>55024997
Nah its just a shitty faction for shitty players. The only players worse than arcanist players are neverborn players, but their faction isnt as awful to behold.
>>
>>55025279
TTB, Izamu, T Warriors, Shadow Effigy, Yasunori. In that order.
>>
>>55025279
Teracotta Warrior for sure. Consider Guild Pathfinder as well maybe since its a neat playstyle.
>>
>>55025286
Care to elaborate? What's wrong with Arcanists?
>>
>>55025286
>The only players worse than arcanist players are neverborn players

Someones salty
>>
>>55025403
You are taking this too seriously. You are like the guy who comes in and breaks up a fight between drunk people, you think you are helping but really you are depriving the world of something it wants!
>>55025479
Go suck cocks in hell you unfun shithead.
>>
File: voodoodoll.jpg (12KB, 323x248px) Image search: [Google]
voodoodoll.jpg
12KB, 323x248px
>>55025892
Show us on the doll where Nekima touched you.
>>
>>55025892
No, fight all you like. I was just curious what made you feel that way. If you're just trolling then by all means
>>
File: Wokou_Raider.png (371KB, 555x479px) Image search: [Google]
Wokou_Raider.png
371KB, 555x479px
It's sort of nice that muh faction nonsense stands out as a bit irritating exactly because we don't often have low-effort trolling in these generals often.
>>
>>55026022
I do my damnedest, but no one takes the bait. Except Gremlin players.
>>
>>55019587
I would have preferred Levs nonpariah upgrades simply being made useful.
Also, all the new, hyperefficient theme henchman make me jealous.
>>
File: Rooster Riders.jpg (63KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Rooster Riders.jpg
63KB, 1280x960px
So I'm watching the GMG Tag-Team game.
Each team is two 25ss crews, one led by a Henchman the other Master as normal.
They share a Cache, made from the Master's default Cache + Henchman's Cache.
1 Fate deck per team.
Each player gets a 4 card hand, which they can both see but can't share.

The rules format doesn't mention stoning for cards.

How would both players stoning for cards affect the deck math?

Does it break the odds for being able to force through high base-stat attacks, or is it completely irrelevant?

>>55026144
I mean yeah, obviously fuck Gremlin players.
They need 2ss activations to play their faction.
>>
>>55026306
Nah, stuffed piglets were actually buffed for gg18 with the new quarters strat being based on ss cost. Aaron just knew it was coming and wanted to stealth buff Gremlins.
>>
>>55026397
Oh God, they're like the wow devs
>>
>>55026813
Nope, design is 9999999999 times better.
>>
>>55027114
Comparing anyone to Blizzard is setting the bar a bit low.
>>
How's Marcus as a starting Master, in terms of complexity and learning curve?
>>
>>55028469
He isn't too complex. You can run him in a more straightforward manner, though you will need to learn your crew well to a point. To give context my friend started with him and he does pretty well. Don't fall into the conception that you can only ever run beasts. Joss with Imbued Energies is good in any Arcanist Crew.
>>
Player getting back into the game after long hiatus. How do the new Wave 5 upgrades shake things up for Outcasts?
>>
>>55028783
It varies. Levi isn't getting much in the way of change, and Von Schill is honestly not as crazy as some playtesters believed. On the other hand Tara is pretty silly, now that she can take as many upgrades as she wants and put the upgrades to draw cards equal to their soulstone value. It will be harder to dismiss her as a mediocre master from now on. Hamelin got a nifty one that lets him sac up to two rats a turn to get two scheme markers placed in base contact with said rats. I have a soft spot for Misaki's, as if set up right you can have her automatically regain 7 health a turn, making her durability much less of an issue.
>>
File: Tara.jpg (53KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
Tara.jpg
53KB, 600x717px
>>55028920
>Tara is pretty silly, now that she can take as many upgrades as she wants and put the upgrades to draw cards equal to their soulstone value.
This really seems like it shouldbea game-breaker, speaking as someone who has barely any idea of the reality of her on the table.

Surely it's the most broken thing in the world?
Is it not?
>>
Do you guys think Beasts and Academics will actually have a significant effect on McMourning's lists?
>>
>>55029336
Not really, as it requires a serious investment, and you only have so many upgrades to discard. It would only be workable if you have a crew composed of nothing but void wretches and Tara.
>>
>>55029336

Her upgrades are almost all niche, mixed bags.
>>
File: electriccreation-1.jpg (384KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
electriccreation-1.jpg
384KB, 1600x900px
>>55029570
>>55029573
Fair enough.
What's the deal with
>put the upgrades to draw cards equal to their soulstone value.
Is that discard two 2ss upgrades to get 4 cards?
I can see that sort of thing being somewhat useful for those upgrades that are only good at the open of the game, or early turns...

But yeah, I guess no amazing if her upgrades are too niche.

At least it lets you take them all, and then bin (without completely wasting) the ones that don't apply to the game.
>>
>>55029770

While having invested about a 1/5th of your list into upgrades you're intending to pitch.
>>
>>55028920
People dismissed her because they didn't know how to build for her. She's definitely on the higher end of the outcast tier.
>>55028783
Like most of the factions, the good masters got better and the bad ones basically stayed there. Couldn't let decent upgrades invalidate the useless ones already in existence.
>>
>>55030181
I really don't see it the same way. As a Guild player at least I couldn't be happier. The upgrades are perhaps less on point than the January Errata, but all in all it added a bunch of interesting options. Stronger masters like Reva and Somer got sidegrade new playstyle toys or slight bumps. While some of the weaker ones were passed over, some like Seamus and Hoffman have gotten the treatment that they deserve. Having new conflux upgrades is pretty nice as well.
>>
File: Yan Lo Crew.jpg (59KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Yan Lo Crew.jpg
59KB, 960x540px
>>55030181
>She's definitely on the higher end of the outcast tier.
How does she do for Ressurs?
In 2016 our local Tara moved to Yan Lo after about four months and never looked back.
>>
>>55030942
You can't run six Void Wretches with resser Tara, so she probably drops down in utility a lot.
>>
File: Arcane Effigy Pulpit.jpg (41KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane Effigy Pulpit.jpg
41KB, 714x960px
>>55031001
You can get four though.
Or I guess two and the Nothing Beast and Scion, or something.

Is she that reliant on the Wretches?
How come you don't see them much outside of her?
>>
Think it's worth grabbing Colette's box for Seamus' new upgrade?
>>
>>55031147
You don't NEED the wretches, but they are really good choices. Take six of them and laugh after your opponent realizes that all of their minions are slowed.

And I am not sure what you mean by the second part. Lots of Outcasts players use wretches. You might not want them with Von Schill if you want to keep everything in a bubble, but I like them with Levi. They very much are Outcast staples.
>>
File: Dia de los Muertos Angelica.jpg (160KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Dia de los Muertos Angelica.jpg
160KB, 1536x2304px
>>55031244
I would say yes, but I play Colette, so I seriously rate Cassandra and Performers.

Performers are really fucking good. If you don't already have Scheme Marker tech, you should be taking one anyway.
Cassandra is also.
Angelica is dead handy for mobility reasons, but more of a one-trick pony.
Carlos probably isn't worth it - you have tanks in-faction.

If you can get a single Oiran it might be worth it - they are Disguised and Cg8, and have another Lure, so add another piece to your plan-spoiler arsenal
I think they are pretty good, though I'm aware most disagree.
>>
>>55031365

Just a shame we can't take Carlos' upgrade in Ressers, haha. His model looks scary fragile so I don't mind skipping him.
>>
>>55031465
>His model looks scary fragile
He is. But there's a way to glue the tip of the overhead flame to the lower one and his shoe to the flame underneath. Looks a little bit less dynamic but is no longer untransportable.
Now how do I paint OSL on half the model's surface...
>>
>>55021311
I'm buying Lynch so I can use 'em with Lucius. I've heard all the cool kids are doing it.
>>
File: 20170823_235223.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_235223.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
In which Parker Barrows channela Nick Cage
>>
>>55033397

The absolute madman
>>
>>55033397
Friday can't get here fast enough so that I can start reading the stories.
>>
>>55033539
There's some real shit happening, let me tell you. Poor Lillith.
>>
I've heard about a few big things that go down, and I'm real interested to see the context.

Like, holy shit Ironsides.
>>
>>55033657
Did you hear about Misaki? The other 10T masters not getting much screentime is more than made up for by what she does.
>>
>>55033747

Only the back of the book description implying she's leading a coup. What's up? I am cool with full spoilers.
>>
Can someone point me at all the official fluff about Nellie Cochrane?
>>
>>55033833

Ripples of Fate
>>
>>55033777
Okay, so.

The Oyabun decided to try to undo the other factions while they were in a state of chaos. Misaki thought that was dumb because that'd just mean someone else from the same faction fills whatever power gap they make, but she gets chided like a small child and basically publically humiliated. So she finds out what the plans are for a bunch of them and completely undermines them. They'd planned to destroy some of the track for a train and steal soulstones so the new governor-general would look weak, for instance, and Kang had absolutely fucking none of that - the fight scene between him and three Ten Thunders Brothers was a treat. Keeping the rest for your own enjoyment, I will say that Misaki succeeded, and the Oyabun called her out on it, to which she said "What, you can't control your own men?" and baited him into an honour duel for control of the whole ten thunders. She was crazy scared of it, but it turns out that she's much faster than he and knows how to take a head off with a single blow.

So yeah, long story short, she's Oyabun now.
>>
>>55033943

Awesome. Thanks for the summary.
>>
>>55033943
She sounds like an idiot.
>>
>>55033657
What happens with Ironsides?
>>
>>55033852
I read that but there's at least one more, isint there?
>>
>>55033777
Also, over in Outcasts:

The Governor-General is making being a mercenary illegal, and anyone found hiring mercs will be tried and treated as a contract killer. He offered Von Schill a chance to basically replace the entirety of the Guild Guard with Freikorps, but botched it at the last minute and Von Schill turned him down. Now he, Parker, Vanessa, and several other mercs are planning to build their own mercenary settlement out in the badlands. Misaki herself wasn't there, for obvious reasons, but a Last Blossom member was, and approved wholeheartedly, even talking Vanessa into full agreement instead of halfhearted.

Why do I bring this up? Because at the end of the 10T story, Misaki starts a purge of 'weakness' in the 10T, starting with her father's hangers-on and sycophants. I'm suspecting she'll be replacing them with mercenaries from this new settlement.
>>
>>55033984
She sold Ramos out. Ramos is sitting in a jail cell somewhere while Ironsides ramps up her anti-Guild efforts.
>>
I've heard McMourning's basically been outed as a Resser too.
>>
>>55034076
Can't comment on that. Ressers are the one I haven't read, mostly because I find it hard to give a shit about them.
>>
>>55033997

I mean they literally do take money to kill people.
>>
Best out of faction beasts for Marcus if you hate the rotten zombie aesthetic?
>>
>>55034590

I'd look at Neverborn's stuff.
>>
>>55034590
While not a beast, Gracie is a great with Marcus as she can get 3 activation a turn with him.

For beasts, look at Neverborn. Grootslang, Silurids, Gupps, Waldgeists.
>>
>>55033977
All of ten thunders sounds like idiots. But other let it slide because weaboo mystic Orient fetishism.
>>
>>55025286
I play purple Lucius, fite me IRL kiddo
>>
>>55035002
Get out Tom.
>>
>>55034590
Dawn serpent gives you ranged blasts and anti armor.
>>
File: Poison Gamin.jpg (338KB, 1355x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Gamin.jpg
338KB, 1355x1371px
>>55033397
Goooood damn it P...

>>55033943
This sounds like it will ride heavily on how they write thecharacter - I know there was always the rebellious streak, but not a stupid one.
Hype for that 3v1 fight though, that's one of my favourite characters.
>>
>>55034012
He is never going to get that airship working again, will he?
>>
So I've got nothing to do for a few hours and a copy of the new book. Who wants questions answered?

Anything requiring pics is going to be stupidly slow, though. My phone's a piece of shit.
>>
>>55038984
Anything new about Outcasts?
>>
>>55038984
Any model changes from the end if the open beta?
>>
>>55038984
Can you add art of Adze (neverborn)?
>>
>>55038992
See
>>55033997 >>55033397

>>55038999
Link me the Open Beta? This will take a while, since I have to check each individual model.

>>55039019
On it. Will be a bit.
>>
>>55038984
some pics of new neverborn and outasts models, please?
>>
any chance of seeing the full book as a pdf? I'm dying to read the fluff!
>>
File: 20170824_105325.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_105325.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039019
>>
File: 20170824_105350.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_105350.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039043
>>
>>55039019
>>55039127
What does the Obsidian Statue (TT) look like?
>>
File: 20170824_110224.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_110224.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039043
Any requests in specific?
>>
File: 20170824_110407.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_110407.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039150
Not entirely sure why everything's getting rotated 90 degrees, but goddamn if I'm bothering to fix it
>>
>>55039158

I'm not that guy but I'd like to see Talos' fluff if it isn't too much trouble.
>>
whtas under lucius mask
>>
File: 20170824_110930.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_110930.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039184
You're in luck. Talos' fluff is kind of a big deal and I wanted to post it anyway.
>>
>>55039141
Thanks anon <3
>>
>>55039183
Thanks mate.
Got Gwyneth Maddox in TT, too?
>>
>>55039127
That's a big wisp.
>>
>>55039158
Mostly interested in hinamatsu, Beny and engineer
>>
>>55039239
Wait, what? Tara vs Titania conflict?
>>
File: Talos.jpg (969KB, 1835x2587px) Image search: [Google]
Talos.jpg
969KB, 1835x2587px
>>55039239
It is, in fact, such a big deal that I edited that one for readability.
>>
>>55039261

Titania is anti-Tyrant and hates humans, and Tara is a human host to a Tyrant.
>>
>>55039261
Titania vs. all of the Tyrants really.
>>
File: 20170824_111510.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_111510.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039242
>>
whats under lucius mask
>>
>>55039326
His own self doubt.
>>
>>55039306
>That ZR
Nice.
>>
Oh cool man. Got Arcanists' Paul Crocket?
>>
File: Widow Weaver.jpg (34KB, 311x669px) Image search: [Google]
Widow Weaver.jpg
34KB, 311x669px
>>55039158
Cheers buddy.

>>55039239
>>55039265
>infused with a smote of Oblivion's power
Uh... Is that how you use that word?
Or were they looking for mote?

>>55039226
>I wear no mask

>>55039150
>>55039183
>Obsidian Statue
That's actually not bad.
>>
File: 20170824_111758.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_111758.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039247
>>
>>55039354
I want Her in 10T! Mecha-Geisha
>>
File: 20170824_111710.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_111710.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039247
Beny showed up in the outcasts fluff, too.
>>
File: 20170824_111723.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_111723.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039247
Next pic request will be the last for a while - I'll catch up on them, but phoneposting and pics are a pain in the dick.
>>
File: 20170824_112508.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_112508.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55039347
>>
>>55039183
>fat baby with a giant rattle
Oh wyrd.
>>
>>55039347
>>55039417
>Paul Crockett
Actually looks pretty good.
Based on the art-style change recently I was half expecting some sort of Jebediah Springfield cartoon shit.
>>
>>55039470
That gets you, and not the Prospector's second tactical action?
>>
Also, here's some fluff from one of the new Ressers models:

Gremlin corpses, as a rule, usually don't get a chance to decompose. If they're killed in the swamp, their bodies are usually either devoured by whatever killed them or left behind to be devoured by the first scaventer to come along.

In the few instances where a gremlin's corpse is left unmolested after its death, the decomposition process produces a high volume of unpleasant gas that escapes the Gremlin's body in the most efficient way possible. These "death toots" are most likely one of the reasons why Gremlins don't get too upset about the deaths of their loved ones; it's hard to be somber when the departed is constantly releasing squeaking bursts of gas from its bottom.

McMourning noticed this property of the little creatures and, after a bout of demented giggling, decided to improve upon it. He added poisonous chemicals to the Gremlin's abdomens before stitching and plugging both ends of their digestive tracks, causing the lighter-than-air gasses inside them to well up and lift the Gremlin's corpse into the air.

Like decomposing baloons, the Little Gassers are at the mercy of the wind, whether natural or, in the case of a slipped stitch, internal.
>>
>>55039485
Oh what could possibly go wrong with a 6 SS armor 2 sniper with a 3/4/6 damage track with a chance of 4/5/7.
>>
>>55039503
Dumb.
>>
>>55039510
Meant for
>>55039395
>>
>>55038984

What happens in the Ressers story?
>>
>>55039625
That is, in fact, the one I haven't yet read! Back in a bit, reading it. I usually don't care for ressers, so this gives me an excuse to complete the set.
>>
>>55039510
I actually more worried about armour +3 Frekorps Fisto, augmented charge-ing around dealing 3/5/6 +1 from Bigger They Are with + to attack from freikorps oath and + to damage from engineer buff.
>>
>>55039503
HA!
>>
>>55039625
Sweet baby jesus. Okay, so.

Marlow has his shit together. This is a common thread through every story in the book, and I love it. He hires in some spanish necromancers as part of the Guild's forces - Necromancers on EARTH, which means that in malifaux they'll be incredibly powerful. They've got an artifact called Bran's Cauldron, which if they do a ritual with it correctly and use the power of Malifaux and Soulstone, should be able to seal the remains of the Grave Spirit. Yeah. McMourning finds out about this, and decides to tell Nicodem and Seamus.

Well, they're not having a goddamn bit of that, so they arrange to have a cartload of zombies pushed into the morgue. Literally 70 different corpses, along with their own presence. They go from there and rip merry hell through the Guild's base, reanimating as they go, but McMourning doesn't have a chance to stop by his lab for his creations, so he's basically kept in the back with his chihuahua.

This turns out to be a blessing, when he stumbles into the place where they're doing the ritual, defended by the entirety of the Death Marshals and Lady J herself. There's a subplot of Lady J being called out for being a necromancer herself and how she should've finished the job by now, so she's fighting to prove herself, which is why she tries to save 'that scatterbrained doctor' from the siege of zombies literally coming out of the walls at one point.

The spaniards start absorbing death magic, and McMourning can think clearly for the first time...Well, the first time he can remember, really. He could see two paths before him; either accept that clarity of mind, go on to become a respected pathologist, and be set for life, or instead return to the addled mind that's one epiphany away from eternal life and power. It's a hard choice, and he has some solemn words for Lady J before stabbing one of the spaniards in the throat and disrupting the ritual.
>>
>>55039987
A side note that amused me: Seamus can reanimate men, but then immediately provides them with dresses and they immediately put them on. He tells them to keep to the back; he's got a reputation to uphold.
>>
>>55040095
That explains Carlos then.

Carlos in a dress when?
>>
>>55039987

Oh yeah, Through the Breach has alluded to some sort of major necromancer incident in Spain before.
>>
Any art of Serena Bowman dear sweet anon ?
>>
>>55040150
Serena has already been spoiled on the website.
>>
File: 20170824_122647.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_122647.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040150
>>
File: 20170824_122848.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_122848.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040136
McMourning spends some time being afraid of camel necromancers.
>>
>>55040177
Oh, guess i missed that.
>>55040187
Thank you anon. You're a treat.
>>
File: 20170824_123157.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_123157.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040206
Okay, now it's literally posting upside down and not letting me delete it. 4chan, explain yourself.
>>
>>55038984
Could you take a picture of Benny wolcombs art? I'm trying to find a proxy.
>>
>>55040282
See
>>55039377
>>
File: 20170824_123838.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_123838.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040302
> implying he can get anything from that
>>
>>55040345
I didn't even notice how crazy his jacket was before. Thanks anon.
>>
>>55040345
Thanks anon.
>>
Any art of the Lotus Eaters?
>>
>>55040345

lol, wtf?
>>
File: 20170824_124616.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_124616.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040411
I'm still in a dream, lotus eater
>>
>>55040451
Cool. And the Bone Pile?
>>
File: 20170824_124925.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_124925.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Lilith has had better days.
>>
File: 20170824_125230.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_125230.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040481
>>
>>55040489
Fug.

>>55040533
That's a cool model. But nothing like what I expected.
>>
>>55040596
I will wait to judge it by the actual sculpt. Some of these illustrations come out nicer than their model, and some come out worse.
>>
>>55040489
So what, is Lilith going to turn into something like Titania now?
>>
>>55040680
Well, here's the thing: Lilith's main ally is Zoraida, who's been working almost entirely from her own premonitions and reading the weave of fate. During the Neverborn story it's revealed that Titania is the only other person in Malifaux who knows the spell to cloud the weave of fate from others, and she used it to benefit Nekima. So everything Zoraida believes she has to do is now suspect.
>>
>>55040715
Pandora gets a major role when?
>>
>>55040680
I imagine that she is going to get GRAVE SPIRITED inside Nythera like Titania was, in order to keep her alive. Being undead is probably going to be the side effect.
>>
>>55040736
Pandora is actually AWOL; Zoraida had expected her to show up, but the Dreamer showed instead, and he's playing both sides against the middle. One of the things Zoraida's looking into at the end of that story is finding where the fuck Pandora wound up.
>>
So a number of Masters got new art. I'm not going to ask for pics since that'd be ridiculous, but do any stand out to you as particularly neat?
>>
File: Brokelen Promises.jpg (62KB, 517x665px) Image search: [Google]
Brokelen Promises.jpg
62KB, 517x665px
>>55040451
>Moar freehand tattoos
Man, I'm never going to be able to move into 10T.
I do like the style of the model though.
Far better than the Charmariokart Warder spacehopper and the 40k backpack Crime Bosses.
>>
>>55040842
McMourning is back to the old hedgehog look. McCabe looks much less Indiana Jones and more McCree. Lynch looks like he's actually a threat now, or at least more dangerous than some mook off the street.
>>
>>55040898
Pics of mah man Lynch?
>>
>>55040884
> That image
Hasn't Lenny gotten enough accolades this book?
>>
File: 20170824_132451.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_132451.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55040910
>>
Does Leveticus look like he's rotting yet?
>>
>>55040960

I like his stilts.
>>
>>55040974
In fluff, yes. He didn't get a new picture, though.

One of the things in the outcasts fluff was him weirding the fuck out of Hannah by asking what would be allowed in their new settlement. Questions about necromancy, about research into otherwise barred areas of science, and about may-december romances.
>>
>>55040960
That is pretty crazy. I would love to see an alt model in line with that.
>>
>>55040999
You can't really see it, but he's floating slightly.
>>
Anything new on Seamus or Molly? Or barring that any ressers.
>>
>>55041022
Seamus shows up in the ressers fluff, above. Molly does not. The upgrades, i assume you've already seen.
>>
>>55041037
No new pics?
>>
>>55041066
Sadly, no.
>>
File: Dark Carnival - Mr Cooper.jpg (65KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Carnival - Mr Cooper.jpg
65KB, 960x720px
>>55040960
>>55041001
>would love to see an alt model in line with that.
Mr Cooper might work.
If you feel like springing a hundred buck for a half-way corerct proxy.

>>55041000
I'm surprised the outraged wing of the fanbase hasn't latched onto Levy.
Perhaps too busy with the rapey vibe of Saemus.
>>
>>55041037
I was kind of hoping that she would get Philip back by now.
>>
>>55041012
Floating or not, he's got since fucked up proportions.
>>
>>55041128
God damn it. Not surprising though, you can see it in some of this lady's other art. The Magister in The Fire in the Sky for instance is completely out of wack. He stands out a ton compared to the very polished The Other Side art that is recycled in the same book.
>>
>>55041012
I believe the big legs are kind of a perspective thing, as he is floating backwards somewhat.
>>
>>55041162
I don't like the new art - weird inappropriate focus on fat people, for a start - but I feel for the new artist. It must be rough coming into a very strongly characterised art style of such high quality and be expected to follow it.
But the new art is simply not as good technically or tonally in my opinion. Pic related.
>>
any pictures of dreamer and his pal?
>>
>>55041225
I don't think that it is all bad, but you are definitely right about it being rough in some areas. They need to just have her do a few models, rather than designing the entire model range. Looking at ToS material, I guess that their usual artists are occupied elsewhere.
>>
File: 20170824_134409.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_134409.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Pump the brakes, Ironsides
>>
File: Donald'sDuck6.png (494KB, 610x500px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sDuck6.png
494KB, 610x500px
>>55041162
Yeah. Disappointed with most of the new art. Hopefully the models are better.

>>55041225
Fuck, I just realized who that pic reminds me of. Now I've got to find a way to get him into a crew with the rail golem.
>>
File: 20170824_134501.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_134501.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55041285
>>
>>55041296
Hoffman.
>>
File: Showdown.jpe.jpg (502KB, 900x611px) Image search: [Google]
Showdown.jpe.jpg
502KB, 900x611px
>>55041296
You can do so with Hoffman I believe.
>>
File: 20170824_135115.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_135115.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55041241
>>
>>55041285
I'm surprised they even touched on race, considering how PC they've been.

Here's hoping for a outcast lynch mob model.
>>
>>55041327
Damn, he looks surprisingly suave. I may have to get around to playing cricket bat dreamer.
>>
>>55041327
What the fuck is that. Did someone hand Dreamer a copy of the necronomicon or something?
>>
>>55041336
Toni's backstory and reason for hating the Guild goes back to when she was first introduced. Also the new Penny Dreadful has a big Burning Man lynch mob trying to kill off the Chinese in San Francisco as they believe that the Burning Man is displeased by foreigners. Though to be fair a lot of the broken illustrated are Black and Latino, so the cult is very much an equal opportunities organization.
>>
>>55041387
I suppose that like the Dreamer himself, the daydream on his base grew up.
>>
>>55041409

So what's the context of the deal she makes?
>>
>>55041456
I think we all know what his grown up daydreams would look like.
>>
>>55041327
any new pics of outcast masters, please? specifically interested levi, parker and von schill
>>
>>55041465
Well in the fiction, Marlow walks right into the Arcanist's base. Firstoff, credit for balls. He mentions to Toni that the place still has the specter of Victor Ramos in its every action, and congratulates her for running the place so well. She says she's not selling him out, and when he tries to coutnerbargain she goes off on him in the above. We don't actually know what deal he made, but he wrote out something for her eyes only, which was written in the manner of a legal document. It took her reading it twice to understand it and three times to believe her eyes, but whatever he offered, it was enough for her to be willing to sell out Ramos.
>>
File: 20170824_140614.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_140614.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55041486
Von Schill is the only one with a new look, but goddamn is is a good one.
>>
Anything interesting happen in the Gremlins fluff?
>>
>>55041529

Marlow seems pretty rad.
>>
>>55041570
The Gremlins have voted in a new Gremlin-General, their answer to the Guild's Governor-General. It was the first time they ever tried "Democrazy", as explained to them by Zipp. That leader, the one in charge of all Gremlins and guiding the good fight, is Lenny Jones.
>>
>>55041606

lol. I heard something about Zoraida too? Sounds like this book is one long bad day for her.
>>
>>55041327
I definitely like the older dreamer. Fluff and art wise. Although he looks a little older than I expected.
>>
>>55041606
Well that explains Lenny being on the cover.
>>
>>55041618
Oh good god, yes. Zoriada is having the worst day. In addition to the commentary on the Neverborn fluff above, when she tried to get the Gremlins to unite, they united against HER, because she's not a gremlin. Votin' in the Gremlin-General was for Gremlins only, and she may not be a human, but she's no Gremlin, neither. Som'er, Ophelia, and Ma actually stood united in this.
>>
>>55041627

A lot of time actually has passed since he was originally introduced, I suppose.
>>
>>55041606
kek
Now we know why he made the cover. I wonder if they're going to do anything more with him fluff and rules wise.

I'd personally love to see him plus Big Brain Brin become some sort of MasterBlaster style Master.
>>
>>55041645
He was introduced in 1901, and the current year is supposed to be 1907 I believe. That would give him a good amount of time to grow up.
>>
>>55041470
Now I want a horde of sexy daydreams.
>>
>>55041672
>>55041631
>>55041618
It should be noted that it was originally a three way tie between The Brewmaster, Lenny Jones, and Ophelia. When Ophelia started kickin' up a fuss about it, Ma Tucket spoke up and said she wanted to change her vote, which made Ophelia pleased as punch - until she changed it over to Lenny.
>>
>>55041085
>I'm surprised the outraged wing of the fanbase hasn't latched onto Levy
Probably because they haven't read the 1.0 fluff.
>>
>>55041704
Why's Somer get no love?
>>
>>55041739

He's a dick, and they probably hate him for ruining the faction's internal balance.
>>
>>55041739
He told his boys to vote for Lenny seein' as it'd look weird if he suggested this (Zipp made it look like it was his idea) and then wound up winning it.
>>
>>55041306
Anyone else pick up the KD:M Pinup Butcher just to make a Lady J conversion?
>>
File: 20170824_142305.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_142305.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>55041739
>>
>>55041558
danke, anon
>>
>>55041764
Looks like a cool conversion. Wouldn't need much more than a head swap.
>>
>>55041558
Big Brain Brin art, if I may ask?
>>
File: 20170824_144540.jpg (1012KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_144540.jpg
1012KB, 3264x1836px
>>55042114
He's basically Megamind but a Gremlin
>>
File: 20170824_144720.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_144720.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>55042169
>>
>>55042169
I really like it.
Shame his rules suck.
>>
Someone wanna make a new thread? I'm on mobile.
>>
I'm on it.
>>
>>55042520
New thread
>>55042520
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.