[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 42

File: gremlin-masters-brewmaster-CROP.png (404KB, 624x900px) Image search: [Google]
gremlin-masters-brewmaster-CROP.png
404KB, 624x900px
"Will he see playtime now?" Edition

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
https://mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Link to last thread: >>54891314
>>
First for get shit on gremlins.
>>
File: M2e_seamus.png (68KB, 180x206px) Image search: [Google]
M2e_seamus.png
68KB, 180x206px
Hi
Does anyone have a link to new grades? The old one broken now.
>>
so what are the winners of new ups in each faction ?

I think treeman (emissary from neverborn) is acctualy good and will be taken with titania now
>>
File: Francisco.jpg (20KB, 300x327px) Image search: [Google]
Francisco.jpg
20KB, 300x327px
>>54939268
B-b-b-b-b-but Some should be able to summon Fracois, ignoring Rare limit, otherwise he'll never get play?
>>
>>54939422
I grabbed a zip of them. Where can I upload it that isn't crap on mobile?
>>
>>54939941
I do like that Titania can make most of her crew fae now, which will really help with the utility of taproot and the Conflux upgrade.
>>
>>54939948
Mega?
>>
>>54939941
McMourning hiring pool expansion is probably the most significant, especially in guild.
>>
>>54939948
Google (https://docs.google.com/)
or mega (https://mega.nz/)
Or something else. Will be great.
>>
>>54940148
>>54940454
Uploading to mega now. Had to reset my account
>>
>>54940520
many blessing anon
>>
File: Medical_Automaton.png (354KB, 575x758px) Image search: [Google]
Medical_Automaton.png
354KB, 575x758px
Here it is

https://mega.nz/#!cTwVUQIK!x2-ybWrRJ16sko-65LMgiXTnAaguFnFzTR6mOgJD7vs
>>
>>54940636
Thank u good sir. May the force be with u!
>>
Mysterious Emissary was always good. Most underrated model in the faction.

I really like the look of Zoraida's super obey and Jacobs upgrades look pretty nice as well. Titania definitely got a big buff as well
>>
File: received_10213794178951670.jpg (156KB, 1151x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213794178951670.jpg
156KB, 1151x2048px
>Ironsides now gets a steady stream of Adrenaline
Awesome
>>
>>54940970
The errata was already good for Toni, and I am happy to see her get even better.
>>
>>54941113
I think she's really fun to play so it'll be exciting to get to do everything she'll want to do now because she can generate her resource more easily.
>>
>>54940970
>Cost: Ass
I know it's wrong, but I can't read it any other way.
>>
File: Oxfordian Mages.jpg (35KB, 706x430px) Image search: [Google]
Oxfordian Mages.jpg
35KB, 706x430px
>>54940970
Awwwwww shit son.
That's pretty damn good.
>>
Any early thoughts on Beasts/Academics and Showgirls to take into Ressers?
>>
>>54941884
That's a good point - what's the wording on those?
Who can Saemus get his grubby hands on?
>>
>>54941884
McMorning probably would like the Dawn Serpent, Scorpius, and Razorspine Rattler as they can build up poison fast. I am really not certain about Academics however. I guess that Kudra would be decent.

Seamus is probably set with straight up Performers, as they mean more willpower duels and more healing for him, along with their general versatility.
>>
>>54942026

Doug may hire up to 4 non-Gamin models with the Beast and/or Academic characteristic not of the crew's declared faction.

Seamus may hire up to 4 non-totem, living Showgirl models regardless of faction. Arise My Sweet can choose to summon a living Showgirl minion instead of a Belle. In both cases, the Showgirls lose living and become undead.
>>
Someone tell me how do I Sandeep
>>
How do you guys mount your models on their bases? I'm looking to use the texture presses from happyseppuku, press models into it lightly, then pin through the base into the legs. Anyone got any better ideas?

>>54939268
Please stop doing that every thread. It's not funny.
>>
File: cassandra-1.jpg (409KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
cassandra-1.jpg
409KB, 1600x900px
>>54942136
>Seamus may hire up to 4 non-totem, living Showgirl models regardless of faction.
Carlos?
Angelica?
CASSANDRA?

Wyrd have gone entirely too far with this one, lads.
>>
>>54944123

A shame we can't take Smoke and Mirrors, Stunt Double, or Practiced Production, but c'est la vie.
>>
>>54944123
Best Understudy targets in Ressurs?
>>
>>54944271
Nurses
>>
>>54944467
Oh wow. 4 different triggers and she has soulstones. Paralyzed and unable to take non-walk actions both sound ballbusting. As does ml actions only if your only good close range attacks happen to be ca or sh.
>>
On phone, what's Molly''s?
>>
>>54940970
>>54941113
>>54941196
She's my primary Master. This makes me happy as shit.
>>
>>54944930
Man she's already so tight on upgrade slots though.
>>
>>54944808
2 SS: After both players have deployed, you look at your opponent's unrevealed schemes but not any choices they made for them and a 1 action to discard an enemy scheme marker within 6" and draw a card once per turn
2SS: You may prevent 1 damage for each enemy scheme marker within 3" of Molly's summoned models instead of enemy models and whenever you reveal a scheme draw 2 cards
>>
>>54945166
Yeah, that's my concern. It's been a few months since I've played her but I think one of her upgrades didn't come in to play much when I use her, so I'll probably drop that for the new one.
>>
File: Rail Workers.jpg (162KB, 720x359px) Image search: [Google]
Rail Workers.jpg
162KB, 720x359px
So anybody making big plans for the new upgrades?

I'm looking forward to popping Mei into a crew with Kang in tow and slapping some motherfuckers eleven times, but that's not such a huge change from normal.
>>
>>54944930
What do you like to run with her?
>>
Man, I think Molly got hosed on upgrades. They are both expensive and conditional.
>>
>>54946801

Eh, neither's as bad as Gorgon's Tear.
>>
>>54946898
Yeah, but I can at least get a use out of Gorgon's Tear every turn by spamming (0) actions, making the 3 points efficient by giving Molly 5 actions a turn. To have 3 abilities she gains from those two new upgrades be conditional and of limited use don't justify the points spent. And the one tact action is already on Phil and Nana, so not worth using one of Molly's precious actions for.
>>
Are 10T good now? They always seemed like shitty version of other factions before.
>>
>>54947293
Would you say they felt like... Chinese knock-offs?
>>
>>54947373
I'm mad now. Not at you, just in general.
>>
>>54947293
I never thought they were bad, but then again I don't really play in many tournaments. Shenlong is one of my favorite masters and can really do most anything. Its pretty funny to pull out tricks people have never seen before since they always expect shen to just push people around.
>>
>>54947607
Shenlong has bad investment to reward ratios. McCabe is predictable once you've played against him like twice. Those are the only two even sort-of good masters 10T had, at least when I played, which is now two books ago with the release at Gencon.
>>
>>54946153
Probably changing up my Asami crew, now that the Emissary helps her and Flicker becoming more important. Planning on parking the Amanjaku behind her and giving her effectively a free mask every turn. I do wish that her second new upgrade had let her hit dudes with her hair for damage, all things considered it shouldn't be that hard to eat models for more flicker. My main gripe with Asami is that she is never fun to play because of how resource intensive things have been, but that seems to be changing, even if it means that Asami will be sacced partway through the game.
>>
>>54947293
10T are decent, it is just that they have a lot of models that aren't really taken. They have a distinct playstyle, and I would honestly say that every one of their dual faction masters is better in 10T.
>>
>>54947863
What would you say the playstyle is? I always feel like I'm struggling to find a groove when I play them.
>>
>>54947876

Whatever the Hell you want since they can borrow from everybody, but 10T excels at move and place shenanigans.
>>
>>54947876
Making individual models better with lots of positive flips, pushes, places, and general reliability. With that you can do some pretty slick surgical strikes, whether that is just having Yasunori discard Recalled Training and charging down the board with triple positives, or a Guild Hound taking three positive flip glowing saber attacks in one activation, before reactivating to do it again, all after either are put in a perfect position by some other model. You will be seeing lots in the way of extra attacks and positive flips as opposed to huge damage tracks that you may expect from other factions.
>>
>>54947903
This is where I miss the fixed lists of games like Dropzone, because I can pick apart exactly what someone means from looking at that. I always feel like 10T don't have the durability to last after that strike, and with low comparative numbers the number of positives you have don't matter compared to one good card in reserve from my opponent. It's hard to not broadcast which model you're giving all those buffs to, so I thought that had to be wrong.
>>
>>54947944
It is certainly true that you are going to be trading pieces. You will really want guys like Terracotta Warriors or Low River Monks if you want to keep this guys going. For me at least, after let's say Misaki has gotten me all three points for Eliminate the Leadership or A Quick Murder, she has already done her job. It depends on how you play of course. Jakob and Shenlong don't really stack buffs like McCabe does. Being able to always have a good hand or being able to take Focus and Defensive as 0 actions or just being able to push out of engagements and where you want to be for a scheme is going to be a generally handy thing. TT aren't going to have as much in the way of brickwall monsters like Joss or whatever, though there are still decently durable guys like the Illuminated, Izamu, or sometimes TT Bros available to you.
>>
>>54948023
I feel like 10T has a lot of very expensive models that take buffs very well, but there's nothing equivalent to them on the field to trade with. What are your go-tos for that? I've tried using Izamu, but there's way too much in the game that ignores armour right now, and 10T bros have yet to impress. I've got high hopes for the katanaka mob boss, just because he looks like a damn fun model.
>>
Any Arcanists players here to weigh in on Marcus' upgrades? The limited seems like an unexciting but fine alternative to his existing pair, but the Poison upgrade is what I'm most interested in. Does it do enough to really make it a "viable" crew build for Marcus, or is still just a gimmick?
>>
>>54948050
My best goto model in every game is the Terracotta Warrior. They make any minion last a great deal longer and turn Lynch into something scary with Huggy.Ten Thun bros work best with Lynch for all those free aces and running schemes, but if I need a ton of markers I just go Tengu pair. Mei and an Mech Porkchop can truly dominate the board. And get good backup from Obsidian Oni. And the Katanaka Sniper really holds his own for maintaining a serious threat.
>>
>>54948050
I generally shoot for lynchpin models to kill or guys that are easy targets and can't hit back effectively. In a recent game against Lilith I had the Lone Swordsman clear out a couple of Waldgeists, using free focus to ignore Perfect Camouflage. In another I simply had a Guild Hound run up and kill Seamus, who having opted for Sinister Reputation (And some bad luck) wasn't able to slow the thing down beyond forcing me to waste on 11 on a horror duel.

The TT Bros are probably one of the better deals in the game as far as 5ss minions go. The bonuses they get to defensive are pretty nice, especially if you can take advantage of their defensive trigger to get it for free. Dance of the Heavens can't be ignored either, as you have a built in heal, armor, and free place all there among other things. They don't hit hard however, and mostly have a melee attack to tie people up (Hello Reach From the Branches) and maybe slow a model. I agree that Izamu is overrated, but the heal is nice. If anything I feel like you aren't necessarily spending stones on massively expensive models like Nekima or a Teddy, but making some models hit above their paygrade.

Based on the playtest, the Katanaka Crime Boss really does have utility, and I would honestly grab the guys over Samurai in most situations. He can of course go up to MI6, and he has min damage 3 which isn't too shabby compared to other 8ss models in the faction. What is really nice is the card draw which can really add a purpose to having him brawl guys in the middle of the board. I think that fragile can be useful in conjunction with other models.

Based on the renders I really do like the sculpts as well. They have the ornamental Asian thing going on along with the crazy steampunk masks. I know that some don't like them, but they are consistent with the aesthetic of the generic TT models.
>>
Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I'll try something built around Lynch, 10T bros, Yu, and Lone Swordsman sometime soon and report back.

Also, what's my girl Mei Feng been up to since book 4's minifiction? I sorta wound up out of the loop.
>>
>>54948350

Don't think she's appeared in any Chronicles stories, and we haven't seen Book 5 story details yet as far as I'm aware.

Sounds like the 10T are having a civil war though in the year since book 4.
>>
>>54948350
I would assume that she would still be asleep. She will probably get a waking up story like Lady Justice and Perdita did.
>>
TT are all about consistency. You get to stand exactly where you need, with however many AP you need, with heals coming out of their ass to let them live as long as they need, and flipping far more cards than your opponent can ever hope to.
They're not particularly sturdy or damagey, but if you have a solid plan in your mind you can and will make it happen.
>>
>>54948580

She already woke up in book 4, in her character short.
>>
So some friends of mine split a 2E starter set and are gonna show me how the game works over the next couple weeks. Ive glanced through some of the faction models and have come to like the Gremlins so far. Are the factions pretty balanced or am I going to get my shit slapped for going with the fun looking army?
>>
>>54950449
No faction is ever perfectly balanced in any wargame, except maybe chess, and that's fucking boring.

Just play what's fun. Read the Pull My Finger wiki to see what you like.
>>
>>54950797
>chess
>balanced
Haha.
>>
Can someone post of Adze art from new book?

I am Zoraida player and want to see how it looks :)
>>
>>54947622
I'm sorry what? How is he bad investment to reward? He literally saves so much ap by getting and giving focus as a 0 action, can switch styles for whatever the situation calls for, can literally steal things like fast and Reactivate from your opponent. What about him is a bad return on investment, when there's barely any investment in the first place?
>>
>>54951176
Out of game investment, not in-game investment. He takes a hell of a lot more learning than any other 10T master does, simply because of all of the tricks and options he has at any given moment.
>>
>>54951233
Ah. I would still disagree with that, because so long as your opponent doesn't take Zipp there's nothing he can't do in the game.
>>
>>54951246
That's both point and problem. For other masters, you memorize their specific corner of the rules and you can do at least alright. For shenlong, you have to have memorized, and know when best to use, the entire rulebook.
>>
>>54946246
Pretty much just her starter set; sometimes with gunsmiths/miners in higher SS games.
>>
File: Oxfordians.jpg (387KB, 1500x992px) Image search: [Google]
Oxfordians.jpg
387KB, 1500x992px
>>54952014
>Toni with gunsmiths
That's an interesting one.
I guess her base crew can make a pretty great gunline, with the captain and her controlling the no-man's land to keep the guns firing, and the Mages dumping Burning on folks to get the +flips for the Gunsmiths.
Huh, cool.

I'm picking up Kaeris later in the month, so maybe I'll get some Gunsmiths to try with my Colette-Mage list.
>>
Hey guys, I just play tested this game at Gencon and I'm interested in picking up a crew box. What might be some good options for someone who enjoys rush downs and high damage?
>>
>>54952900
Neverborn seems like it would be up your alley. A lot of quick high damage models, as well as being able to make models quicker with pushing them around.
>>
File: hired swords painted.jpg (91KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
hired swords painted.jpg
91KB, 1000x535px
>>54952900
The Viktorias (Hired Swords) or Lady Justice (The Guild's Judgement).

I got to go, but Wyrd's site, and the fine fellows of Malifaux General can halp you out with more details and other suggestions.
>>
>>54952939
>>54952955
Gracias. I'll look into them and ask on the forums as well.
>>
Is it correct that Broken Promises was on sale at Gencon? Also, does anyone have a clear picture of the Colette upgrade "Audience Participation"?
>>
>>54953276
Yes. It's also on sale on the webstore, like all the other prereleases available at gencon.
>>
>>54953316
Any idea of when we are going to see the rules for the models within? I am excited for Vogel especially.
>>
File: 1501648637856.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1501648637856.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>54953403
Here's the last beta file. From what I've heard any changes were few and far between.
>>
>>54953831
The Domador de Cadaveres looks even better now that I know he can be in a crew with a rogue necro or valedictorian.
>>
>>54953831
Thank you!
>>
>>54953873
How can it be in the same crew as a rouge necro or valedictorian?
>>
>>54950449
Every faction is competitive, it's just that some models kind of suck compared to others. It varies based on factions of course.
>>
> Gremlin player on forums calls Zoraida's upgrades meh
> Same player had previously wondered why people don't just listen to Gremlin players about their faction's balance in regards to the recent errata

oh boy
>>
>>54954224
McMorning can hire Academics and Beasts, so he can bring those two over into Guild.
>>
>>54948176
After Scorpion and Poison Gamin releasing, it is good to see a Master can lead the poison crew.
On the other hand, I don't want another "McMorning" on the board. Remove Virutent would be better.
>>
File: Zoraida Avatar.jpg (104KB, 446x915px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida Avatar.jpg
104KB, 446x915px
>>54954301
I've said it before, I'll say it again - it is perfectly reasonable for any upstanding Malifaux player to hate Gremlins, indeed it is right to hate the Gremlin faction, because they are invariably played by Gremlin players.

>>54954447
Do we have any justification for the Beasts yet?
Or are we expecting "Rogue Nec and Canine Remains went so well, I'm going to chop up every animal I see"?
>>
>>54954301
Nice=> Zipp, Zoradia, Ophelia, Wong
(Though I think some details should change.)
Medium=> Mah
Boring=> Somer, Ulix, Brew
There must be something wrong.
Thankfully, Gremlins have Bayou Bash.
>>
>>54954267
>Every faction is competitive
That's not what the last 3 years of high level tournament results supports. What data are you citing?
>>
>>54956652
Malifaux-rankings.com and personal experience.
>>
>>54956771
Since the site doesn't support your claim, I guess 'personal experience' is supposed to?
>>
>>54956652
>That's not what the last 3 years of high level tournament results supports.
That shows that the top players play their chosen factions.
Correlation is not causation.

But I'd agree that they aren't perfectly balanced.
>>
>>54956831
No one claimed correlation was causation. It shows that the vast majority of Masters and models are suboptimal. I feel it's disingenuous to tell a new player they're all viable and balanced if a faction only has 1 or 2 masters that can even place.
>>
>>54956866
Way to entirely miss the point. No one ever claimed anything to the contrary.
>>
>>54952014
>>54952210
Hand-Picked men makes Gunsmiths a nice option for Ironsides; my personal favorite to run with her is the Rail Golem. It along with the Captain means you've got a ton of board threatening potential, and now that Ironsides is going to have 1 Adrenaline a turn so she can place herself more often, it'll be even more threat zones you can make.
>>
>>54956805
The site shows that the differential between factions isn't large to the point where you are gimped for choosing a faction. I said as much that some models suck, but it isn't like 40K where entire factions sucks.
>>
>>54957002
The noob who started the argument here:
This was basically what I was wondering. Or if one faction gets really popular will the devs cripple it in errata like P3 enjoys doing for Warmahordes. And I don't really plan on playing competitively, I just don't want to pick up a couple of masters to find out my friend's faction automatically stomps the fuck out of them by default.
>>
>>54957130
Some masters and models really are sub par. While they have since bumped up Lucius who was previously the worst master, some like Mah Tucket and Kaeris are physically hard to get anywhere with. But every faction does have good masters and good models, so you aren't gimped by picking a faction that you like. Wyrd is much better at, well, everything than Privateer Press.
>>
>>54956908
>>54957002
Well I'm continuing to miss your point because I haven't seen many new players buy entire factions. I'm speaking towards the implication the statement has on master selection for new players in competitive environments.
>>
>>54957249
I didn't imply anything about master selection, I just said that you can play each faction competitively. No one denies that some models suck, but each faction has decent ones as well. The only real variation is how many viable options a faction has, but considering that Gremlins and Arcanists do very well despite having perhaps more subpar choices than other factions, that may not have as much of a bearing on how well you can play as it may seem.
>>
>>54957322
I understand you are not saying that, I'm speaking towards the implication the statement has on master selection for new players in competitive environments. If the prospective player isn't mildly pedantic, they probably aren't going to immediately see the nuance.
>>
>>54957455
I never implied anything, I just said that every faction is competitive. Whether it means something different to you is up to you, but when I wrote it I meant it exactly as the words are written, taking the time to mention that some models suck so that there wouldn't be any confusion.
>>
>>54957181
That's good to know. Nothing like spending hundreds of dollars to find out your going to lose to pretty much everyone.
>>
>>54957589
That won't be an issue with Malifaux thankfully. The game is in a much better place than its competition.
>>
I'm really jaded abut WM/H at this point. I've been unhappy with a lot of game and company decisions since 3e and my enthusiasm for the game's hanging on by a thread.
>>
was already playing retarded unmade leveticus crew, hopefully this new upgrade will somehow make it viable lol
>>
>>54957640
It's so easy to see where the two companies diverge based on their decisions. When the desert hydra came out and it dawned on people that it had serious casting issues, they said that people who want their $100+ model to be made to a high standard should sculpt it themselves and that they wouldn't fix it. When some of Wyrd's plastics had big scaling issues, they refunded everyone, completely redid the kits in question, and sent those they refunded replacements. Aaron is just much less of an asshole than Jason Soles.
>>
>>54957688
Probably, but PP customer support was pretty dang good in the early days. Also, scaling is very different from actual unusable miscasts. Wyrd is still relatively small so they need the rep, but their crew does seem to have overall better dispositions. Hopefully the competition continues to increase, can't have these half-ass companies coasting along.
>>
Any book spoilers yet? Wondering about the final text of some models.
>>
>>54957589
Player skill is still definitely the biggest factor in the game. It's just if you're going to a tournament and fighting top table people, your Lady J against their Sandeep is going to be at a undeniable disadvantage.
>>
Was the TTB Hannah ever released outside of the Kickstarter?
>>
It's hard to decide which two other upgrades to go with Titania now.
>>
>>54959440
Nope, last I saw went for ~179
>>
>>54959483
I may just roll with Royal Indignation in the future just so I can take advantage of the emissary's conflux upgrade. It seems like a good departure from just never taking the emissary at all.
>>
How do you all mount your models on their bases?
I'm just starting Malifaux and I'm concerned that unlike other systems, you can't glue models direct to the plastic bases then base around them.
>>
>>54957688

Plus today they caught a misprint in the Iconic fate deck and are taking steps to refund and replace.
>>
>>54960652
Is that the one that had bad collation on it's first release?
>>54960438
Feel the same way about Levs new upgrade. Hopefully it's scheme spam will help.
>>
>>54960438
I pin literally everything at this point. It helps with the painting stage as I can just put my guys on a cork via their foot, and it of course removes worries when transporting models as everything is anchored to the base. Ideally I would use brass rods, but paperclips are doing it for me for now.
>>
>>54960703
Two of the cards had text which didn't match their suit and number. They are issuing the fixed deck this month I believe.
>>
>>54961204
That's true, I thought they included duplicates of a card for some reason.
>>
>>54960247
Yeah, but what other two upgrades is the question. Audience and Behold My Glory have their obvious synergies, but Queen's Champion is still really good. At least with Royal Indignation you won't need Aether Connection.
>>
>>54961204
Are you sure your not reading a thread from 2016...
>>
File: Wokou_Raider.png (371KB, 555x479px) Image search: [Google]
Wokou_Raider.png
371KB, 555x479px
>>54961817
I was also thinking this issue sounded suspiciously familiar.
>>
>>54961817
They have been taking their damn time to fix said deck. Same with putting out the 50mm insert bases for avatars.
>>
I still wanna see a genderflipped Seamus crew. Sheila and her Rotten Beaus, or something.
>>
>>54955392

I wonder if it'll represent his relationship with Marcus. I assume the "Academics" are largely a result of his deal with Sonnia last book to get access to Arcanist prisoners.
>>
>>54962024
>They have been taking their damn time to fix said deck.
From what I recall the printer fucked up at least an additional two more runs after the first.
>>
File: file.png (746KB, 822x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
746KB, 822x960px
>>
>>54939238
i played this game as gencon as a demo last year, it was pretty fun, but all traditional games are such a chore to play.
>>
>>54964964
What do you mean chore? Does the game just take too long to play?
>>
>>54965411
My friend has a similar complaint; he says it's too much work to bust out minis and put down a board and terrain. It's why he just plays cardgames now.
>>
>>54965411
>>54965603
actually having to try to find people to play with, going to their house, or a game shop, all the actual work of setting up a game, if its minis you have to assemble and paint and shit, and its just like... idk, its not worth it, i guess.
>>
Build me your most competitive Marcus list.
please
>>
>>54966042
Ya know, I used to run two nights of wargaming and one night of cooking for friend couples every week at my house.
Happiest times of my life.

Interacting with people is the best part of the hobby and it works best in your own environment, not a game shop or tournament.

Card games are for people who just want to play. Wargames are a patrician's choice. Being constantly delighted by off-table interactions and new unexpected tactics.

If people find spending a few hours setting up and playing and shooting the shit is boring, by all means, they should join the CCG set (aka the gamers that gamers make fun of).
>>
>>54966896

Not the dude, but elitist behaviour ain't gonna grow our community bud.

I do agree with him that some of the added complexity is unnecessarily tedious - some of the best Malifaux games I had were with 3-5 figs on both sides.

And there is depth in Card games as well - just look at Netrunner. I've had tons of amazing interactions with friends and family playing that game.
>>
File: Tannens Telescope.jpg (404KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tannens Telescope.jpg
404KB, 1600x1280px
>>54964016
>From what I recall the printer fucked up at least an additional two more runs after the first.
Ithought that was the errata cards.
Could easily bethe decks too though.

>>54966992
>>54966896
Not the dude or the other dude, but elitist behaviour ain't gonna help anyone here.
Besides, he's right - locking in to three hours as a total experience can just be too long for some folks, and the CCG plebs are still capable of fun.

Still, taking the evening out to play a good game is how I enjoy it, and I assume that's the crowd that Malifaux attracts.
>>
>>54966992
Hey, not being elitist. But wargamers and card gamers pick their own outcomes. If wargaming involves too much socialising, setting up table, determining missions etc. then folks with short attention spans will naturally drift elsewhere.

I've played just about every RPG, wargame and major CCG in the last thirty years. Everyone picks one in the long run.
>>
>>54967173
I don't know, I've dabbled in all a bit. You're right however, they do attract different kinds of people.

Still, what I dislike about all of them (although in my opinion CCGs can get away with it due to having spatial editions) is rules clunk. Take the Malifaux height calculation. Awful stuff that just boggs the game down without adding anything to it.

We play the games to have fun, and (in my opinion, at the very least) having to look up rules every couple of minutes detracts from the fun. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Malifaux, but it is on the upper end of complexity.

This is why I love Netrunner. The game's design is complex, yet so elegant that everything flows together. Yes, cards in your hand are resources, but they are also your hit points. Your deck is your source of cards, but also a liability as the corporation. Heck, even your discard pile is a potential weak point.
>>
>>54966992
>>54967144
>elitist
>actively works against competitive environment
Not everyone wants to learn they're bad, let people determine their association. It's not always enjoyable going to a new venue and needing to reeducate the players because their henchman is useless.
>>
File: Saemus Crew.jpg (119KB, 1462x640px) Image search: [Google]
Saemus Crew.jpg
119KB, 1462x640px
>>54962731
One of the many faceless podcasts I listen to suggested something like this.
There's a famous black widow serial killer from the mid-west back in the day who lured suitors to her farm with the promise of profitable land for them to own and work, and then killed them for what they had and advertised for a new husband.
That could work.

Failing that, Priscilla and her Queens of the Desert.
Maybe that sails too close to the wind on the triggering tumblr front though.

>>54967631
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying.
>>
>>54967144
>Ithought that was the errata cards.
>Could easily bethe decks too though.
It was the iconic deck too
Initially the print shop insisted on just reprinting the misprinted cards, but each time they did so the tint of the back of the card was slightly off from the initial run.
>>
File: Red Joker.jpg (56KB, 449x671px) Image search: [Google]
Red Joker.jpg
56KB, 449x671px
>>54968112
>Initially the print shop insisted on just reprinting the misprinted cards, but each time they did so the tint of the back of the card was slightly off from the initial run.
Well that sounds like it was probably a pretty expensive stance to take in the end.
>>
Practice time!
Bonus points for working Wave 5 shit in.

I'm on my way out, but I'll post my list blind this evening in four or five hours.

Deployment: Flank (12T)

Strategy: Headhunter / Squatter's Rights (13T)
Schemes: (3T, 13T)

Eliminate the Leadership (Doubles)
Leave Your Mark (T)
Show of Force (3)
Last Stand (13)
Claim Jump (Always)

Opponent declares: Neverborn

I'm declaring Arcanists.
>>
>>54968294
I hope you get first deployment because the bottom half of the board is really bad to have to deploy into
>>
File: Blessed of December.jpg (311KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed of December.jpg
311KB, 800x430px
>>54968394
I like un-equal deployments.

Puts some actual stakes on the choice between terrain advantage or reactive deployment advantage.

Also affects your crew selection accodingly.
I like that it actually uses a lot of Hazardous terrain too, which otherwise I barely see (though that's a local scene problem as much as anything).
>>
>>54960438
I make up a bunch of scenic bases and glue the models to them.

I've been thinking about starting a Nico crew and using magnets. When something dies, pull the model off and put a magnetized tombstone on the base.
>>
Probably a dumb question, but it's plastic glue for assembling malifaux models, right ?
>>
>>54970123
Yes, except bases. In my experience even the Wyrd plastic bases react quite poorly to Revell plastic glue so I just use gel superglue for those.
>>
>>54968294
50 SS Neverborn Crew
Lilith + 5 Pool
- Beckon Malifaux (1)
- Aether Connection (1)
- The Land Consumes (1)
Cherub (3)
Nekima (13)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
- Malifaux Provides (1)
Doppleganger (7)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
Lilitu (7)
The Tooth (7)
Grootslang (6)

Going to eliminate and show of force. Opponent is going to have to deal with a lot of hazardous terrain to try and deny show of force, or just do anything in general. Dopple to pick up heads, and Lilitu and Tooth to maximize the hazardous terrain, and Tooth provides from healing for Nekima with Malifaux Provides.
>>
>>54968294
How does one practice practicing with this scenario and image?
>>
>>54971864
It's mostly just practice with list building, not actually playing a game. Although if you know someone to play on vassal against you could do that.
>>
>>54971931
Thanks for the breif, wasn't familiar with it. Were the terrain types established earlier?
>>
File: Raspy front.jpg (238KB, 1270x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Raspy front.jpg
238KB, 1270x1400px
>>54968294
Arcanists
50ss Crew

Rasputina -- 6ss
+Cold Nights - 1ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
+Child Of Decemeber - 1ss

Wendigo - 3ss

Cassandra - 8ss
+Imbued Energies - 1ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss

December Acolyte - 7ss
December Acolyte - 7ss
Silent One - 6ss
Ice Dancer - 6ss
Ice Gamin - 4ss

Looking at some Claim Jumpin' with PP and the Acolytes, so Mark Leavin' with the Ice Dancer, maybe some Leadership Eliminatin' with Raspie if it looks like I can burn them down fast.

I've only had a chance th get Raspie out on the table once so far, I'm very new to her.
Any vets about to give me some advice?

>>54970690
Nice - loads of terrain exploit fuckery, good punching, and Nekima's good for sweeping up pesky enemy upgrades.

>>54971864
Look at the schemes and strat, look at the terrain and deployment, and look at your model collection.
How best can you achieve/block each scheme point, and what from your collection can do it.

I'll admit my Raspie list is probably brutally sub-optimal, but I have no idea what I'm doing with her yet.
>>
>>54970544
>except bases
I'm glad I'm not the only one to have this problem.
>>
File: Quarantine Zone Wall.jpg (129KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Quarantine Zone Wall.jpg
129KB, 720x960px
>>54971975
No, but I assume most people just go on a rough common sense approach.
For example, I'd probably call the rocky edge of the north-most hill severe terrain, with all teh rest of the sandy-coloured area open.
The hazardous stuff already has the damage spread on the label, and I usually assume crates and walls are blocking and bushes/trees are severe.

People want to post some tables?
It's one of the things I rarely see photos of.
>>
File: Nicodem Alt.jpg (213KB, 1000x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem Alt.jpg
213KB, 1000x1153px
>>54970544
>>54972059
Virtually my entire first crew fell over overnight because sticking them to the bare plastic was the last thing I did.
And obviously none of the fucking things stuck.
>>
>>54972130
I really like the Quarantine Zone ascetic, but the wall is too table defining I think.
>>
>>54972130
This terrain set was pretty disappointing. The ruins are only printed on one side of the posterboard, so you have bare white paper clearly visible on the inside.
>>
File: Dark Carnival - Luther.jpg (88KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Carnival - Luther.jpg
88KB, 960x540px
>>54972173
Apparently it was played with the wall going from deployment zone to zone, rather than along the centre line, but I agree - the wall is just too huge.

Still, interesting to see a table that isn't just a boring variation of "1-3 buidlings, 1-3 forests of 1-3 trees, shitloads of scatter bits".

My FLGS has the entire Plascraft(?) circus set, which makes for a fucking awesome table with a few gypsy wagons and trees to fill out the corners.
>>
>>54940636
Some of those are super difficult to read. If you were the one who took the pictures, could you go over some of them again?
>>
File: Dark Carnival - Mannequin.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Carnival - Mannequin.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>54972211
You're right, looking at a lot of the buidlings, they are very 1-sided - only look good from front and left.
Someone's getting a very pretty ruins table.
The other guy is getting patchwork bullshit.
>>
>>54972040
Yeah, the combination of the center being filled with hazardous terrain, and Nekima killing anything that Lilith pulls in makes Show of Force a pretty easy scheme for the crew. Also Grootslang being able to go basically anywhere for those positive flips and make lair markers where models get killed makes for a very nice area control.

I will say your Raspy crew is vulnerable to Raspy getting engaged, unless you're running that new upgrade that makes her a good melee master(don't know her upgrades off the top of my head)
>>
>>54972295
I just downloaded them before they got pulled. Sorry
>>
>>54972158
Good thing I didn't go with it after all. They looked like they'd take the plastic glue, just worse (now that I think about it it was probably the melted feet at work), but I decided not to risk it and pinned them to the bases.
>>
>>54972294
Even when it's going from one deployment zone to the other it still divides the table in half, just instead of funneling everything into that one area you have to divide up your crew to sacrifice half the table.
>>
>>54972211
>>54972336
Is that Plastcraft? I had the misfortune of having to paint (it was one of the earlier sets, Downtown something) and assemble some of their terrain, it fucking sucked. The only thing flat was the window glass (all the foam bits were warped), the holes had overcuts (e.g. square holes looked like #) in the corners, and a few parts (roof?) were shifted halfway because someone fucked up cutter alignment.
0/10, would not work again even though last time I got paid for it.
>>
>>54972040
>How best can you achieve/block each scheme point, and what from your collection can do it.
Thanks for the breakdown. It is helpful to know what questions seasoned players ask themselves.
>>
>>54972360
Can't be helped then. Thanks for the effort regardless.
>>
>>54972504
Yeah, those are the big questions for list building. Very rarely should your opponent's crew choice dictate what you're taking. Have a plan going into the game with what you want your crew to do, and then adjust that plan once you see the enemy crew. Like if you planned on AQM, and then you see a crew where their highest cost model is something you know you won't be able to easily kill you should be ready to shift to a different scheme.
>>
>>54967352
Just play The Other Side then. It is made for entry level players with simple rules and preassembled miniatures. Malifaux itself isn't changing in order to market itself to the MTG crowd. The last time a company did that (Rackham) they went out of business because they completely alienated their core audience.
>>
>>54973037
I'm not arguing for simple rules, but for more elegant design. Height calculation is an unintuitive mechanic which indicates that models can reach up to their heads, but not further.

Now I like the deck since it mixes luck and skill with an automatic correction towards the mean as well as the scheme kill balance everyone has to deal with, but I feel like there is a rules bloat that is unnecessary - not every stat card needs to be filled and to be frank the game could benefit from keywords - maybe next edition?

So to make myself clear - I like Malifaux for what it is and have no interest in ToS. I just think it could cut a few rules, but I can accomplish that by playing smaller games and skimping upgrades.
>>
>>54973460
I have to agree with you about the rules dealing with verticality, but they hardly come up in the game anyways. The core rules don't seem to be your issue however. In the end the appeal of the game is the boat load of fluffy rules that make each model unique. The Other Side does have the few keywords and simple stat cards that you are looking for, along with a somewhat simpler core ruleset. And there are plenty of other options like Company of Iron and Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: Gremlins OP.jpg (43KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins OP.jpg
43KB, 800x484px
>>54972352
>your Raspy crew is vulnerable to Raspy getting engaged
>unless you're running that new upgrade that makes her a good melee master
Fuck, I meant to write that one of the 1ss was a stand-in for that Upgrade.
I was thinking of Carlos insteadof Cassandra too, but the old BTT site doesn't have him in the archive.
But as I say, I'm about six games away from knowing what I'm doing anyway.
>>54972452
>Plascraft
It is, I believe.
I only have one small kit (theatre stage for Colette crew display), but the overcuts and off-centre problems you had are not an issue with mine.
But all of mine probably came from one sheet, and consists of about ten pieces, so it's a very small sample.

>>54972504
This guy >>54972640 is giving great advice.
Pick your twopreferred schemes, pick your crew to do those, double-check that your crew is still capable of doing at least four of the five available, and then be fully prepared to adjust.

The next area to focus on is picking the right schemes for the board and the opponent.
If there are loads of condition-schemes, Outcasts can mean Hamelin which means you can't score any of those. You need to work out how to get the other schemes.
If it's Gremlins into Interference, you need to work out how to either out-kill or out-scheme them to make up for the two or three VP you won't score from the strat.
>>
With triggers can Collette now make 8 Saber Trick attacks per turn?
>>
>>54973633
Provided you have the 3 scheme markers, yeah.
>>
Is the Risk condition for Misaki pretty much Regeneration? As in it lasts for the whole game until I actually want stones? I don't think that it is too bad as a result, as after jabbing Misaki's main target for the game you can pitch 4 rocks to get regeneration +4 in order to keep her alive for the rest of the game. I guess that the real downside is taking up an upgrade slot.
>>
>>54974964
Yeah, but it's also a condition so it can be removed IIRC.
>>
>>54975186
It can only be removed by abilities from friendly models. Enemies can't remove the Risk condition.
>>
>>54975229
Ah, neat. So yeah, you can srash away your soulstones for later use.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to take a full 7ss, this upgrade, the one that lets her get more stones, and just have a Terracotta Warrior swap risk and reward with stalking bisect after getting Risk +7.
>>
File: Misaki Blue.jpg (136KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki Blue.jpg
136KB, 1200x1200px
>>54975623
Gross.
But presumably something they've seen and balanced around, so I guess it's not totally broken to fuck?

That's putting a lot of faith in Misaki's natural defences though...
>>
>>54976121
Well, at a + to defenses for having 0 SS and a Misdirection that now has a 50% chance to trigger she'll be fine for a while. Especially that turn you pop Recalled Training, where you flip three cards for your defenses a turn. Mask city baby.
>>
>>54976121
I suppose you have to decide whether being able to stone in masks or enjoying the risky ventures positive flips would be worth it. Risk only heals you at the end of the turn, so it isn't quite as handy as regen.
>>
>>54972158
Well now I'll like an Addams family Malifaux crew...
>>
>>54972173
Definitely. If you or to ruined holes in it, to open up more Lanes, I think it'd be good.
>>
Excited that Zorida got cool upgrades. Being able to cause a beater to charge with one, definitely makes her more of an obey master.

I was disappointed with Mah's upgrades. She really needed something huge to get her to the point where she's not the worst master in the game.
>>
>>54977160
Yeah, being able to potentially draw 4 cards from 1 Ap and 1-2 high masks and stones is also pretty great.
>>
File: McAddams Family.png (1MB, 1300x1111px) Image search: [Google]
McAddams Family.png
1MB, 1300x1111px
>>54976743
You mean like this?
>>
Anyone hear/see any changes from the last beta file?
>>
>>54979043

I've heard everything is pretty much as it was in the final beta document, but I can't confirm that myself.
>>
>>54979078
I've seen the phrase "changes are few and far between" used, but that implies there are some, but no details.
>>
Von Schill's free shot on his new upgrade says "This action gets +"
That means attack and damage flip, right?
>>
Apparently Gencon finals was 10T vs 10T.
>>
>>54980736
the 1d4chan page says that Perdita is the be all end all of tournies
>>
>>54980691
No, if it did it would say the attack and damage flip.
>>
>>54980691
No. Unless it says it gains a positive to the damage flip it doesn't.
>>
Fuck yes I managed to glue Carlos Vasquez in a way that avoids the constant risk of snapping the torches. A bit less dynamic, but I'll take it over untransportable any day.
>>
>>54980736
Yup, and Mei Feng was the winner.
>>
>>54981564
Curious. I've never heard of TT, let alone Mei Feng, doing well, ever. What kind of lists did they take?
>>
>>54981628
Not sure about the Asami list, but I've heard the Mei Feng list was similar to the one on Schemes and Stones. There's a livestream of at least some of the game on awp
>>
>>54981678
The list with archers and Fuhatsu? Because that sounded pants on head retarded.
>>
>>54980736
Did they use stuff from the new book?
>>
Can anyone recommend me a new player guide? I have a friend who's been wanting me to get into the game so I picked up the Children of December box simply because I liked the look of the models? I'm looking for guidance on how to expand from that box and also what I should look as far as books and stuff goes.
>>
>>54982467
Pull my finger used to be pretty good. I haven't used it in a while.
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129609-showgirls/

Fetid Strumpet being Fetid Strumpet, even if I agree with some of his points.
>>
>>54982467
THEMATICALLY you should buy:
SnowStorm (her henchman), December Acolytes, Silent ones. Blessed of December is cool and good beater too, and Ice Dancers are her scheme runners.
>>
Otherwise you might find out you like a model from another box, but i have heard that Cult of December themed Raspy crew is pretty good.
>>
>>54983151

It's quite solid, especially with Dancers shoring up the thematic crew's traditionally low mobility.
>>
Guild McMourning?
Want to expand what to get?
>>
>>54982767
Sorta a twat.
Carlos and the emmisary could put out a lot of terrain. Which could be fun on top of Belle/showgirl movement shenanigans.

Even without anything else the bigger summoning pool is probably with the upgrade imo.

I think the new zombie centaurs are going to be cash too. Big bases for blocking los, mobile, and the can drop corpses upfield to become ice dancers/scheme runners.

It'll be fun to matter what, with all the new toys to play with. Since all the showgirls will be undead, Rotten might get a try
>>
Can someone post arts of models from wave 5 book?

Mostly Neverborn for me :)
>>
File: shiet.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shiet.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
thought on hiring a performer in a Titania crew to mess with the enemy scheme markers and handing out defensive debuffs ?
>>
File: Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg (228KB, 1000x770px) Image search: [Google]
Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg
228KB, 1000x770px
>>54984235
Can't speak for Titania, but as Colette it is satisfying as all hell to have people stroll beaters up to Performers, assuming they are harmless, and then the Performer and Mannequin crushes them because --flips on Df aint nothing to fuck with.

I've had Joss and Cassandra tank all three Autumn Knights and two Rugarou for fiveturns - they would have melted if a single Performer's Seduction had gone off.

It's only a Wp13 duel, but I cannot believe people don't use them more.

Also with Titania's crew, all those Challenge, Slow and damage auras become virtually guaranteed if the enemy is on --flips, so if you can get a Seduction off on two or three models, that's probably two cards out of their hand.

Any crew that can kick out Scheme Markers pretty easily should try out a Performer.
>>
File: performerx2.jpg (352KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
performerx2.jpg
352KB, 1600x900px
>>54982767
>>54983926
You can definiteyl tell he's not an Arcanist player.
Or capable of thinking intelligently abotu his faction weaknesses.

Ice Dancers are rapid as fuck, have a respectable melee attack, and can drop Scheme Markers easily.

Cassandra is just Best Girl.

He's thick.
>>
>>54984913
That's actually pretty usefull info actually, thanks.
Yeah Tit's crew has the potential to get alot of value out of Seduction.

I think i might get some, even if i end up not liking them, they can be used as decent proxies for changelings.
>>
>>54981865
This just gets crazier and crazier.

Was he using the new upgrades?
>>
>>54981865
No. I haven't listened to that S&S, but I'm just going off of what someone who knows the guy told me. Looking at the short livestream that was posted, he took a sniper, 2 obsidian oni, and a mechanized pork chop. Don't know what else was there. I saw a toshiro, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the mei feng list. The crew didn't look that big though.

The s&s I was told the list was a variation of is from the one he was on, #52. Don't know if there was another one.
>>
File: Performers.jpg (875KB, 469x350px) Image search: [Google]
Performers.jpg
875KB, 469x350px
>>54984975
Bear in mind that Seduction is --flips to Wp as well as Df, which if memory serves is also heavily used by Titania.

The only problem is that they only need to hit a Wp13, so you can't rely on it at all.
It is excellent for burning out hands though.
I've often considered using one with Lilith - Tangled Shadows a Performer into a ball of bad guys, (1) Interact, (1) Seduction, and they have to pass 4 or more Wp13 duels or I .will. kill that model with my Lures or mobile beaters.

>>54981865
>>54981678
>>54985046
I really hope it wasn't the Fuhatsu retarded list, just because it's such a dumb algorithm cheese playstyle.

I've been borderline ordered to pick up Toshiro for my Mei though, because when I transition into 10T it would be ridiculous not to take that activation boost.
>>
>>54985130
Tit's crew is alot attacks that target df, and auras and challenges that go for wp, so getting debuffs to both, sounds great.

It's true that wp13 is not that hard, but i feel the crew is okay at emptying yor opponents hand with the aforementioned auras etc.

She'll especially have some use with her pull when i'm using hungry land markers from the emisarry.

I'm liking the idea of using her, the more i play around with the idea.
>>
>>54985130
A wp13 duel will need a 7 on average, so a little over 50% of the flips are going to be need to be cheated. If you want to go full cheese you could bring in Tannen and Barbaros. Tannen is protected by Behold My Glory and Challenge, so whenever your opponent wants to cheat the seduction flip they'll need to discard a card first, no to mention the flips for the Curse of Autumn and Thirsty Roots flips, and Challange if they want to target anyone that isn't Barbaros, or discard 2 cards if they have the condition and want to attack anyone that isn't Titania.
>>
Story question: who's December? What's his deal? He's a Tyrant, is it? And Tyrants are pre-Neverborn Neverborn, is it? I haven't really pieced it all together yet.
>>
>>54985373
December is a Tyrant yes. Tyrants are a few members from the original inhabitants of malifaux who obtained immense power through various means, and were eventually defeated by Titania with the power of the Grave Spirit(basically death). Their essences were then imprisoned by said original inhabitants. Those inhabitants then went on to become the nephilim, mimcs and possibly the gibbering hordes.
>>
>>54985455
I thought the nephilim, mimics etc were distant kin of the fae, no the tyrants ? i'm also new to the lore so whatevs.
>>
>>54985455
Not the guy, but isn't the Grave Spirit a tyrant as well?
>>
>>54985455
Er, this happened before the first opening of the Breach, I take it? Do we know if the second opening is related to the Tyrants?
>>
>>54985481
Yeah, they are. The Tyrants are also of the Fae it seems like from TTB2.0. There's no indication of different races, the Tyrants were called to be the same people that Titania was the queen of, and Titania was(and is) Queen of the Fae.

>>54985489
No. The Tyrants are December, Nytemare(LCB), The Dragons(half of which is in Shenlong, the other half is MIA), Meridion, Cherufe(formerly in Sonnia, now with the former Governer General as the Burning Man), Plague(Hamelin), Shez'Uul(in the Viks Masamune), Witness, Obliteration, Gorgon, Fortune, Despair and The Nameless. The Grave Spirit is an entity from another dimension that Titania made a pact with to open a portal into Malifaux and borrow it's power to be able to defeat the Tyrants.

>>54985503
Yeah, the Tyrants were all defeated thousands of years before the opening of the first Breach. The second Breach was just the first one being reopened by Zoraida and co. because she forsaw that they would need humanity's help to defeat the Tyrants again.
>>
>>54981997
I doubt it, no time to paint up models to tourney standard unless they cut sleep, which would be stupid. I can see them using the new upgrades however (but I don't know for certain)
>>
>>54985746
Last year someone was playing sandeep, so I wouldn't be surprised. (Dude was also a henchman who was part of the close playtest for wave four, which made it high level duchebaggery in my opinion: here's a master you've never seen, but I've been playing for months, Good Luck)
>>
>>54985854
That's some supreme Tzeentch style dickery right there
>>
>>54985854
Who?
>>
>>54986071
Don't know, just remembering people bitching about it.
>>
>>54985854
The guy who played Sandeep isn't a henchman, but he was in the playtest.

>>54986071
His forum name is Fog.
>>
Wait people are talking about the new upgrades? Where are these?
>>54985589
Isnt the Gorgon and the Grave Spirit one and the same?
>>
>>54985746
>no time to paint up models to tourney standard unless they cut sleep, which would be stupid
I thought tourney standard was just basic paintjob+basic shading+base, which is very doable? As for sleep, I've seen someone use a just released Sacral Vault he bought and painted last night. Sure, I'd have 100 better things to do at a con, but OTOH tournaments aren't on that list either and different people have different priorities I guess,
>>
>>54986327
New the top of the thread is a link to a mega file with all the upgrades. And no, the Grave Spirit and the Gorgon are not the same.

>>54986343
Tournament standard is "some effort is required"
>>
>>54983658
A lot of the new models are going to be decent choices. The Jury of course helps, the same with the other new marshal for plastic surgery. You can take Witchling Stalkers for shenanigans with the nurses, and executioners are a good deal as well.
>>
>>54986440
>Tournament standard is "some effort is required"
Yeah, so base colors, appropriate washes, highlights, details. Basically, more than "3 dolors and dip". Still very doable in an evening. assuming you're not interested in the rest of the con
>>
>>54986995
>dolors
*colors.
>>
>>54986995
I can't imagine that it would be hard if you just bring a few paints to your hotel room. TT only got two new kits pit out for Gencon anyways, and if he painted any of them it would have been the Crime Bosses. Even Sandeep wouldn't have been that hard as you don't really need all three poison gamin.

What I would love to see is whether he took advantage of Mei Feng's new upgrades.
>>
>>54987019
He didn't. Don't know about Asami.
>>
>>54984941

He's still going, too. Pretty much outright calling Cassandra a bad hire in Ressers.
>>
Here's the Asami list.

Asami Tanaka + 5 Pool
- A Heavenly Design (2)
- Grasping Strands (1)
- The Peaceful Waters (0)
Kamaitachi (4)
Ama No Zako (9)
- Recalled Training (1)
Ohaguro Bettari (8)
- A Taste For Flesh (1)
Yasunori (12)
- Smoke Grenades (1)
Terracotta Warrior (5)
Monk Of Low River (4)
>>
>>54987371
Yeah. Back when the BBS were erratad to give the black blood ability he was ranting about how it would kill the game because of a low tier interaction with Collodi.
>>
>>54987456
I really like this one, but borrowed time and the need for extra flicker may prove too tempting in the future over using the Kamaitachi + the Terracotta Warrior.
>>
>>54987858
I have a few problems with the list. Namely The Peaceful Waters taking up a spot on Asami and the lack of Sensei Yu or the Emissary, but I definitely see what he was going for.
>>
File: Carlos Vasquez.jpg (1MB, 1200x1466px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos Vasquez.jpg
1MB, 1200x1466px
>>54986995
>>54986440
>>54987019
>Tournament standard is "some effort is required"
>I can't imagine that it would be hard if you just bring a few paints to your hotel room.
I can't see them turning away three colours + metallics, basic highlight and a wash, that's some effort.
And a good (as in practised and disciplined) painter can get a model done in an hour or less that way.
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129623-does-nellie-overshadow-mccabe/

"I don't think McCabe can do much, if anything, better than Nellie in Guild."

"Have you played them against each other?"

"What? No, I just hate McCabe."
>>
File: McCabe - The Wild Ones.jpg (116KB, 960x682px) Image search: [Google]
McCabe - The Wild Ones.jpg
116KB, 960x682px
>>54991858
Holy shit, the Wyrd forums really are a cesspit of idiocy.
Worse, apparently that specific idiot is pretty good at the game.
>>
I'm really glad that Hoffman's upgrade lets armor not be ignored. I am going to be playing him much more now.
>>
>>54992189
>implying he isn't spreading misinformation
>>
File: Field Reporters.jpg (884KB, 3524x1640px) Image search: [Google]
Field Reporters.jpg
884KB, 3524x1640px
>>54992340
But that would be eeeeevil.
Surely as a Guild player he's an upstanding, right-thinking paragon of virtue?
>>
I like how Hoffman had difficulty with a flight of steep, narrow stairs in book 4 and now has an "improved harness" that lets him take huge jumps. Someone was inspired.
>>
>>54978129
wow!
>>
If I want to play with Vassal online, how do I get the stats for a model like they would be on the cards? I want to give this game a try before shoveling money into it.
>>
File: Colette Skullface.jpg (161KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Skullface.jpg
161KB, 1536x2304px
>>54993697
All the books are linked in the OP.
If you mean 'how do I load them into Vassal' though, no idea.

>>54993365
I know, amazingly well done.
When I read the post it was attached to, I was expecting some cheesy shitty paintjob like the Rick and Morty Ramos I saw somewhere rather than a full conversion work-up and solid painting.

>>54992231
I'm less keen on such an obvious "patch the weakness" upgrade.
I'm stil 50/50 on Raspie's combat-caster upgrade for the same reason.
>>
>>54993971
Can't load then into vassal.
>>
It's my first time ordering stuff during gencon, any idea how long it's going to take them to start processing and shipping orders?
>>
>>54994565
They usually start shipping around Wednesday
>>
>>54994614
And it takes 3 or so weeks for them, to make it through all the orders
>>
>>54994614
>>54994640
cool, thanks for the info.
>>
File: Titania Alt.jpg (117KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Titania Alt.jpg
117KB, 960x960px
If I'm not using Yu or the Emissary, is Toshiro the Daimyo a good pickup for a Mei crew, or will he be too slow?
>>
>>54995410
He's got an average wallk, he'll be fine.
>>
What size base is Kang meant to be on? I've seen him on several different ones.
>>
>>54996545
40mil
>>
>>54996640
I thought as much, thanks.
>>
Can someone fill me in on how Sidir's By Your Side upgrade works? If make him the target of the attack, but am able to place him out of range and/or LoS, does the attack fizzle?
>>
How do you guys feel about Ramos' new upgrades? Do they shake up his playstyle enough?
>>
I'd like to make an announcement

FUCK ASSEMBLING MISS FIRE

Thank you for your attention, have a good night.
>>
>>54997279
Did you put the arms on before the satchel?
>>
>>54997447
Nah, just damaged the cigar and pissed off about the flimsiness of the bicycle in general.
>>
So. Is Ironsides legit now?
>>
Gremlins are natives to Malifaux, right? What's their relations like with the Neverborn or Tyrants?
>>
>>54942054
The academics benefit his guild side more. Taking valedictorian and giving it armor 2 with lead lined coat plus being able to hand it precise. Precise sabertooths etc from beasts could be spooky too. Also he can take rougarou with belles in ressur. Are grootslang or adze beasts?
>>
>>54944123
Living showgirl Minions isnt it?
>>
>>55000748
The new summoning capability is minions only, the hiring isn't.
>>
>>55000805
Undead carlos is going to end in a very confused seamus. Carlos gives out burning right? Is it enough for synergy with lampad?
>>
File: 1502808445301.jpg (131KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
1502808445301.jpg
131KB, 600x502px
Is Hoffman good competitively now? Cyborgs give him more list flexibility so it should be ok now, r-right?
>>
>>55001138
Even without cyborgs hes getting a new robot. Hoff was always pretty good he just wasnt played much, possibly due to requiring arcanist models. Guild already had amazing bullshit he could pull off with all constructs being able to get mi or ca 7. The guardian was a top tier model that got buffed! One new thing to note is the new guild marshal lets him take flesh constructs which he can give normal DF/WP to make it hugely tanky and by buffing its MI to 7 it becomes the ultimate anti gremlin model devouring them with ease. Cyborg francisco or papa loco is spooky too since hoff can give them armor and move them around. Does locos self damage get reduced by armor? If so hoff could do it twice in a turn without loco perishing, then push and obey him I think on his activation for one last boom?
>>
>>54983658
Lucius box set for lawyers, jury, guild pathfinder+ traps (mcm can force the traps to take interacts and injecting traps is great) witchling thralls or executioners dont need both. The new guild marshal that lets you steal undead is nice as is exorcists. Witchling stalkers let you remove nurse paralyze which is sweet.
>>
>>54939941
The only titania player I know took generic conflux treeman every single game with her. She loves minons so plus flips are great and her minions can move people near the hungry land.
>>
>>55001138
Can he do cyborg metcenaries? Ama no zako, johan, bishop etc probably have broken combos in there somewhere.
>>
I'm going to build pic related later tonight.
Is it going to fuck my mouth?
I've heard grumblings that she's a huge pain in the arse.

Anyone built her?
Anything to watch out for?
>>
>>55000737
According to last playtest document, grootslang is beast, adze is swampfiend, spirit
>>
File: Miss Fire 1.jpg (149KB, 889x472px) Image search: [Google]
Miss Fire 1.jpg
149KB, 889x472px
>>54997279
>>54998561
>>55001387
Bugger, meant to reply/quote.

Is it just flimsy?
The bike frame looks like it's going to be a right dickhead to line up properly.

And I'm planning to build and paint the bike and her separately - is that going to fuck up the assembly later?
>>
So von schill can now take clockwork seeker attacks for free against pushed models, combine that with anna's vortex for a bunch of shots or (if near emissary) monty's pulls for billions of shots. Both add horror duels, as does vs shirt rip. Is VS now a horror master?
>>
>>55001510
>And I'm planning to build and paint the bike and her separately - is that going to fuck up the assembly later?

Iirc yes, assembled, her legs won't slip onto the bike.
>>
>>55001510
The notches make everything line up pretty well, though the wheels can fall off if not glued properly. You can't paint the bike separately because of how her legs are made.
>>
File: MissFire.jpg (1MB, 2352x1644px) Image search: [Google]
MissFire.jpg
1MB, 2352x1644px
>>55001803
>>55001803
>her legs won't slip onto the bike.
FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckingWyrdmodels.

That's unfortunate, I'm a cack-handed retard and I really don't want to fuck up a Super Special miniature.
>>55001387 makes it look like they intend for you to stick the legs together and drop them onto the saddle. That does not actually work in practice?
>>
>>55001879
It doesn't, the legs have to fit around the seat.
>>
>>55001879
>I'm a cack-handed retard and I really don't want to fuck up a Super Special miniature.
I know that feeling, I fucked up one of the mounted guys in the "Wild Ones" box, all that money down the shitter.
>>
>>55001346
Cyborg Lovelace looped into Ca 8?
>>
File: received_10213794169671438.jpg (171KB, 1151x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213794169671438.jpg
171KB, 1151x2048px
>>55001346
Nope, Cyborg can be given only to Guild models
>>
File: 599c3f8a843ca_GG188_22.17 (1).pdf (591KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
599c3f8a843ca_GG188_22.17 (1).pdf
591KB, 1x1px
GG2018 beta file

Alot of unrefined shit included
>>
>>55004326
>When a model is Summoned, it gains the following condition until the end of the game: "
Unplanned: This model counts as a Peon for the Strategy.
I don't think I like this
>>
>>55004326
Set up is 3 free points for way too many crews
>>
>>55004406
Ya, it's a big middle finger to summoners, which isn't the worse thing, but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it.
>>
>>55005542
I think it's the best way. Strategies are the ones that get most directly effected by the number of models. Having summoned models will still help you with schemes and stuff because the total AP your crew has isn't going to go down as much as your opponent, but they also don't just overwhelm other strategies.
>>
>>55005583
True, I just think book keeping will be annoying. "Did you summon that one I did you buy it?" "I thought you said you bought that one" etc.

I mean I don't have a better way of handling the situation. So I can't really complain, but I'm not sure about it. Summoning definitely needed to be brought into line though, and I do like that this works both ways. Mostly in that they won't count for killing strats since they're count as peons for public execution.
>>
>>55005698
Good point. I would say something similar about having to count the soulstone cost for each quarter with Ours. It is more balanced which is always nice, but it involves more book keeping.
>>
>>55005698
It's as easy as just marking the card somehow when it gets summoned. I know most people use a cover and dry/wet erase.
>>
>>55005830
You only have 60ss to count as maximum. Most of the time you'll probably be at roughly 30 max for a quarter.
>>
>>55004326
And just like that almost all the enthusiasm I had from the new upgrades and models is washed away. What a crock of shit. At least have an alpha test before putting something out.
>>
>>55006232
It's a fucking open beta. What even are you complaining about?
>>
>>55006232
Do you have any specific complaints?
>>
>>55006232
Which part of BETA TEST NOT FINAL plastered in giant letters on every single page did you not understand?
>>
>>55006366
They're the ones making the game, if they think this turd is even remotely acceptable in any form I'm genuinely concerned about the direction they're going in.
>>
>>55006431
What specifically do you have a problem with?
>>
>>55006280
First off the the fact at Aaron actually stated none of these have been tested, this is shit just pull out of his ass, left for us to do all the troubleshooting. Which explains how symbols of authority, ply for information, smuggle across, charge soulstone amongst others managed to be included. Almost all of the new schemes and strats ate either trivial for certain crews or, nigh impossible to score more than once.

It very much feels like "oh shit I forgot I promised a GG18 beta after Gencon, give me a few minutes to throw something together."

Then
>>
>>55006471
That it's a giant pile of shit.
>>
>>55006232
I'm the other way around, Upgrades were mostly disappointing, but I'm really liking the new gg.
>>
>>55006534
Or maybe none of them have been tested because it's 4 months out from when they'd be in rotation.
>>
>>55004326
I'm personally happy that they kept eliminate the leadership and dig their graves as is. I think that Ours is a good change, as it stops spam lists from getting a definite advantage. I do think that symbol of authority doesn't make sense though, but I can see what they were going for.
>>
>>55006537
It's much better than gg17.
>>
>>55006608
Still I seriously worry about the design chops of someone that thought smuggle across was a reasonable scheme.
>>
>>55006653
There are some good things, I'll admit, but they are drowned out by the amount of ill thought out schemes and strats.
>>
>>55006726
To be fair there have been much crazier things in other playtests. I can see the idea behind it I suppose, but it would probably work better as have three minions entirely on other side or within 6" of enemy deployment, and score 1 VP once per turn.
>>
>>55004406
Agreed. A lot of summoners are massively lacking in ability to score if you don't count summoned models.
>>
>>55006761
The number of ill thought out schemes is literally just smuggled across.
>>
>>55006726
Having worked with Aaron on basically every playtest on some level, he always starts out with some extreme stuff that he knows is extreme. He prefers to reign things in than build them up.
>>
>>55006870
Hidden trap still exists
Challange pretty much requires winning iniative to score
Collect evidence can be unscorable unless you are outcasts.
>>
>>55005542
I like the direction they are going in, but it needs to be ironed out. For instance when McCabe gets off his horse he is summoned, so that would make him a peon for the purposes of strategies which doesn't seem intentional.
>>
>>55007148
>the horse is the real master
>>
>>55008529
New thread.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.