[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 60

File: since Mirage.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
since Mirage.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
"Unfortunately Real Commanders" Edition

Previous: >>54899462

RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question
If you had to play a commander you don't already from Mirage Block or earlier, who would it be?
>>
I LOVE YOU ATRAXA
>>
Maraxus of Keld for sure
get dat voltron rolling!
>>
>>54907273
Get ready for Griffin tribal next year. Zirilan seems legit enough for a fun jank dragon deck.
>>
How do Mairsil and Quicksilver elemental work?
I've been told theres a combo between the two but I don't see it
>>
>>54907356
This. It seems pretty easy to make him a really big guy
>>
>>54907443
Quicksilver Elemental under Mairsil, target himself with Elemental's effect, he gains all of his activated abilities, which is all abilities of cards under him, but he doesn't have the once per turn restriction.
>>
>>54907315
which league character should represent her sexiness? ^_^ I think it should be Elise because shes hot as a button XD
>>
>>54907466
how sure of that are you?
JUDGE!
>>
>>54907257
i prefer looter effects over mill. mill is honestly pretty shit for the most part, mesmeric orb doesn't help you look for answers or give you card advantage, but looters do

off the top of my head:

careful study
frantic search
compulsive research
faithless looting
catharthic reunion
tormenting voice
thirst for knowledge
careful consideration
fact or fiction
ancient excavation
>>
>>54907471
pls go
>>
File: Image-6.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-6.png
131KB, 223x311px
Is collected company good in newzuri? On edhrec it's not even listed under the used instants. Currently running 36 creatures and 10 are more than 3cmc.
>>
>>54907490
wow fun police
you must be great at parties HAHA
cant wait till the summer fags go back to school
>>
>>54907493
>10 are more than 3cmc.
cut that to 1 and then i think it would be worth playing
>>
>>54907484
Not a judge, but read the card. The "once per turn" restriction is a static ability linked only to abilities that he gains from Caged cards.
>>
Can anyone provide input regarding my Gitrog deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frogs/
>>
>>54907273
>thread question

I'm slowly working on a Hazezon Tamar deck and already play Ramses Overdark. Older legends are cooler to me so I try to use them instead of just getting caught up in the flavor of the month precon legends.
>>
File: Angus Mackenzie_LG.jpg (300KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Angus Mackenzie_LG.jpg
300KB, 672x936px
>>54907273
>Thread Question
>If you had to play a commander you don't already from Mirage Block or earlier, who would it be?
Pepper your Angus
>>
File: 1500927395537.png (137KB, 325x301px) Image search: [Google]
1500927395537.png
137KB, 325x301px
>>54907574
>the frogs
Only 1 frog
>>
File: OLORO.jpg (94KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
OLORO.jpg
94KB, 620x453px
I'm looking for some advice on making my stax deck. I'm trying to make it creatureless, but I can't come up with the last little bit to finish it off. Any and all advice is appreciated.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-stax-wip/
>>
>>54907493
You're better off running hard tutors like Uncage the Menagerie.
>>
>>54907816
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-stax-wip/
well first off you are running Descend upon the Sinful and only 18 lands so how about you cut shitty cards and increase the lands to a point where you could reasonably get one or two in your opening hand
>>
Just tested Inalla on Cockatrice.
Homy shit, Panharmonicon + Anathemancer is hilarious.
>opponent plays 3 Shock lands
>summon Anathemancer
>clone twice
>ping 6 times
>burn for 18 damage
>kill original Anathemancer
>revive next turn
>he played another non-basic
>burn for another 24
>he dies
Get fucked, expensive landbases.
>>
>>54907816
I'd slap in some basics as a filler for now, and you def need more than 2 mana rocks.

If this is what it looks like (and it looks like you're building out of only what you actually own), don't bother asking because we're not gonna give you suggestion after suggestion after suggestion only for you to say "I don't have that"
>>
OH GOD I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT ATRAXA
>>
>>54907968
>>54907471
>>
>>54907956
Just to clarify, you had Inalla on the field, yes?
Panharmonicon only works with Inalla when she's on the field. If she's in the Command Zone it won't copy her Eminence.
>>
>>54908131
Yes, I had her out, cast Anathemancer, got board wiped, then revived them with Ever After the next turn.
>>
File: 7fb.jpg (174KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
7fb.jpg
174KB, 720x540px
>>54908131
>Panharmonicon only works with Inalla when she's on the field. If she's in the Command Zone it won't copy her Eminence.

Hunh, you are totally correct.

I was already trying to figure out ways to abuse it. Damn
>>
>>54907956
>shock lands
>expensive landbases
>>
>>54908204
I mean, you're probably playing an ETB wizard, so it'll still get you 3 triggers.
>>
File: dane.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dane.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54907273
>>
>>54908220
Dude, there's people on here that shit their pants every time gA posts a list because he has duals
>>
>>54907582
>>>54906848
>>one card infinite
>I'm not seeing infinite here.

Inalla in command zone, enemy open to attack. Drop wanderwine. Put Champion on the stack then Inalla's trigger. Pay for Inalla making a token. Token's champion goes on the stack, champion the original. Swing. Sacrifice the token to get an extra turn, original comes back, put Champion on the stack, then Inalla to hide the original under a token again. EoT the token dies then do the trigger dance again that will make a new token lasting until the beginning of the next end step, or more accurately until you sacrifice it to get an extra turn after slapping somebody.

You need 9 mana on the first turn, 2 mana per turn thereafter, and an open opponent but the only card that ever has to get through your hand, enemy counters, and so on is Wanderwine since Inalla can just sit back and eminence.

While you beat a vulnerable opponent to death at 4 life/turn you have that time to find another infinite or a way to open up your other opponents like Cyclonic Rift.
>>
File: my man.gif (3MB, 459x409px) Image search: [Google]
my man.gif
3MB, 459x409px
>>54908229
>>
>>54908226
Of course
I just liked the safety of eminence triggers vs having inalla on the field.
>>
>>54908220
>not using 70% basic lands
>>
>>54908264
>not having the other 30% be fetches shocks and duels
you were so close anon
>>
>>54908282
>duels
ABUR duals
woops
>>
Eminence was a mistake the first time they printed it
why the fuck would they do it again?
>>
>>54908250
I have no idea how the fuck id build him but itd would be interesting
>>
File: t3_62c0t4.png (704KB, 1335x771px) Image search: [Google]
t3_62c0t4.png
704KB, 1335x771px
>>54908322
Because it's OP, and therefor it sells.
Look at Atraxa for a different example. She's in every color but the worst, has relevant word salad, is cheap mana wise for first cast, is a popular creature type (angel), is from a popular lore setting (New Phyrexia), and has a quite strong triggered ability.

Although I fully agree, Eminence is a giant stupid mistake, even on Oloro. Making something that affects the entire game and has literally 0 counterplay is complete pantsu-on-head-retarded.

Wizards just never learns from their mistakes, and/or they completely misinterpret feedback they do get. (ex. removing FNM promos entirely because they were attracting competitive players, instead of simply reducing FNM promo power by choosing lesser powered cards; or nearly completely stopping Masterpiece series altogether after the Invocation debacle, instead of just reducing the number of different cards they choose for it each set)
>>
>>54908351
Voltron.

using creatures with cheap CMC, but good stats (usually they have drawbacks, but you just want to copy the P/T)

and equipment. Swing.

That is about as much as I can see coming from him
>>
reminder if you play atraxa you are a normie
>>
>>54908472
I was actually thinking of maybe doing Atraxa Angel Tribal because everything in those colors has pretty artworks.
>>
>>54908398
>Eminence OP
Tribal is already a weaker archetype in commander. Most of these abilities aren't actually over the top. Infact most of the secondary commanders look to be much more competitive then the eminence commanders
>>
File: Hazezon Tamar_LG.jpg (354KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Hazezon Tamar_LG.jpg
354KB, 672x936px
>>54907273
>question
I'm a sucker for Naya tokens.
>>
>>54908322
If you think Oloro's free value from the zone is at all equivalent to Inalla, Ur-Dragon, Arahbo, and Edgar requiring you to build your deck in a bad way, you're wrong. The problem with Oloro is that he encourages "Oloro+Esper Goodstuff," which is cancerous. You can't just build 5c goodstuff and throw Ur-Dragon at the head and expect it to come out better.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 312x445px
with Ovinomancer in an Inalla deck, I can use his tap ability in response to his sacrifice trigger, right? It's a cute ability as long as you have a way to give him haste and the token can annihilate itself to make a goat.
>>
>>54908523
the sad thing is that all the eminence abilities are actually pretty shit

the way they could've made tribals good would have been by printing more good typical EDH creatures in the tribes, and by letting people gain utility value out of said creatures. more creatures like kess and krenko, and less stuff like the GW cat commander that hamhandedly try to make shitty cmmon cat cards worth playing
>>
File: 2017-08-17-06-47-02-913.jpg (232KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-17-06-47-02-913.jpg
232KB, 620x877px
CAT TRIBAL
A
T

T
R
I
B
A
L
>>
>>54908605
Sure, as long as it has haste. Then the trigger will resolve, and you can choose not to bounce the lands, since the default action is the sacrifice.
>>
>>54908502
Why not just Kaalia so you can actually play said angels?
>>
>>54908648
>The Shitposter Moves On
Kindly kys
>>
>>54908606
So more generic goodstuff is what you're asking.
>>
>>54908701
sort of? the point is to make the creatures themselves worth playing so that people actually want to play those cards, and not that they HAVE to play those cards.

plus i'd love to see more stuff like that one card that lets you tap creatures to summon more of its type, except maybe tribe specific, like tapping clerics to summon demons and so on
>>
>>54908659
Because I already have her and the Bant colored Angels look fucking beautiful.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scion-and-dads-reanimator-combo/

what do you guys think?

Rule question:

>Go to attack, declare attacks with Scion of the Ur-Dragon
>Holding priority, I activate scion and tutor The Ur-Dragon, Scion becomes a copy.
>As it attacks, Ur Dragon's ability activates, I draw a card and place a permanent from my hand onto the battlefield
>Permanent selected is Atarka, World Render

Does atarka's effect activate, giving scion doublestrike?
>>
>>54908741
There's no point in running tribal if it's not parasitic.
>>
>>54908754
No, Atarka, World Render triggers when you declare attacks. If you've already attacked and triggered The Ur-Dragon it's too late to trigger Atarka.
>>
>>54908754
So, few things.

1) You don't "hold priority" there. As active player, you're the first one to get priority in each step and phase.

2) Ur-Dragon's ability does not activate because it does not have an activated ability, it has a triggered ability.

3) It also doesn't trigger, because it wasn't an Ur-Dragon when it attacked. For this to work, you'd need to make it a copy of Ur-Dragon BEFORE attacking.

4) Atarka also does not activate, because Atarka does not have any activated abilities.

5) Atarka also doesn't TRIGGER, because Atarka wasn't on the field when Scion attacked.
>>
>>54908837
>>54908850
oh I see, thanks! Still kind of new to rulings like this
>>
>>54908885
It's not a "ruling". This isn't Yugioh, you don't need judges to make a 'ruling' on every interaction between 2 or more cards. It's just the *rules*.
>>
>>54908892
Yugioh doesn't do rulings in the TCG anymore. They do in the OCG because of a lack of PSCT, but that's a whole different can of worms.
>>
>>54908921
>PSCT
>causes more problems than it solves
Man, the TCG is such a ruling clusterfuk.
>>
Is Inalla's Eminence the only one capable of causing game-ending loops all by itself? Everything else seems rather tame "play minions and jerk off to your tribe" without a lot of wiggle room for actually using the eminence as your win condition.

Though I suppose you could probably do something janky using Phyrexian Altar and/or Ashnod's Altar and Edgar's tokens.
>>
>>54908936
If by "all by itself" you mean "alongside at least one other card and a lot of mana", or "2-5 additional cards", yes
>>
>>54908229
He's got a unique ability but I couldn't find any good tech for him except for Wall of Blood. Anything else he works well with?
>>
>>54908936
Since Edgar needs you to cast you need to keep tossing things about with Cloudstone Curio, and since it's a cast trigger the token comes into play first and can't bounce the original card cast. When it comes to the actually abilities they have, I don't think it's controversial to say the Ur-Dragon wins, but getting there is a struggle.
>>
>>54908974
Well, I meant as the core engine behind the combo.
>>
>>54909005
As the core component of a combo, then yes, I think it stands alone compared to the other Eminences
>>
>>54908935
Yugioh is in a really unhealthy spot right now, and the major disconnect between the TCG and OCG is a big cause of it. They hardly work together ever on anything and it leads to big disputes and the shit show that is the split banlist. TCG keeps it up because the guy in charge is actually salty about some cards and doesn't even want to let them off and because they want to push new product while obsoleting the older stuff if it doesn't get powercrept out. The OCG is better at balance most of the time, even if they let the broken shit have its time in the sun for a little while. The PSCT is the least of their issues right now with the rampant powercreep making the game highly unstable and somewhat inaccessible to new players with a lack of more than one competitively supported format. As much as I have fond memories of the game, it's super unhealthy right now.
>>
>>54908398
>0 counterplay
Tainted Remedy
>>
>>54908936
If you clone the cat boss you give a cat +6/+6 each combat, not game ending but makes a nice buff
>>
>>54909018
"Right now"? It's been poised to collapse horribly since the day it launched.
>>
>>54909018
The TCG being Tewart's and Julia's playpen sure fucked us up, but ah well, I can wait until the game becomes interesting again if it ever does.
>>
File: 1469829992381.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1469829992381.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>54909018
Aren't a ton of people planning to leave the game en masse? I heard Japs were furious about Links and stores threatened to stop ordering products.
>>
>>54909060
Until they unfuck the Judge program everything would just be a band-aid
>>
>>54909053

>>54909060
I haven't played yugioh since late zexal era. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>54909036
Okay, what's your cute counterplay for The Ur-Dragon?
>>
>>54909089
Worthless judges, horrible ruling text on the cards and really fucking boring cards, I don't mind broken but I want my broken shit to at least be entertaining ala Big Eye wars during the dragons era.
>>
>>54909053
I wouldn't go that far. The game has always had a history of slow spots followed by times of rampant growth, only to stagnate again. In more recent years, however, the cycle has been increasing in speed. Times of stagnation and powercreep are flipping by so fast now that it never feels safe to invest in anything. Not to mention the TCG has removed regularly scheduled banlists to even further be able to push product however they please.

>>54909083
There's been some major outcry, and not just over Links. Konami is shifting things too quickly at a time in an attempt to gouge players. Add to that the TCG's tendency to bump anything half decent in rarity to artificially inflate the price of their products and you get a bubble raring to burst.
>>
>>54908502
>>54908659
I guess he could include a lot of Charge Counter mana rocks to let Atraxa help power out more angels?
>>
>>54909108
Banisher Priest.
>>
What do I search for on magiccards.info if I want to find Cards with X in their CMC\Abilities?
I tried searching for "equal to X" but it gives a bunch of false positives.
>>
>>54909119
Could they at least support some other formats other than advaced? Get a highlander format or some shit like that.
>>
>>54909119
As a Magic judge, I wouldn't blame YGO's judges on an individual level. Blame their fucking awful Judge PROGRAM.
>>
>>54909108
Steel Golem/Conspiracy donation
>>
>>54909108
Sandwurm Convergence
>>
>>54909149
Mana Cost>X.
>>
>>54909134
No no- when I say poised to collapse, I don't mean due to lack of interest or sales

I mean that it's a terribly designed game that was cobbled together to cash in on fans of the manga (where Duel Monsters originally only had like, one arc, until it took over the entire story) and has been treated like a cash cow Konami expects will die "any day now" since release. Everything about the way they handle it screams that they're trying to milk every cent out of it while they can, rather than keeping it thriving for as long as possible.
>>
>>54909142
>>54909162
The thing is, neither of those things are any better because of The Ur-Dragon's eminence. They don't interact with the ability at all, unlike Tainted Remedy vs. Oloro.
>>
>>54909149
http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3A%7BX%7D&v=card&s=cname

That'll get you anything with X in the abilities, at least
>>
>>54909089
They tried to rework extra deck summoning by separating zones into main monster zones and extra monster zones to "balance extra deck special summons", limiting your extra zones by default to only 1 for each player, but also adding a new type of extra deck monster that are able to "unlock" your other main monster zones for extra deck summonings and "to slow down the game". Now every archetype trying to be relevant either has to be spamming those 'Link' monsters out the ass, reviving extra deck monsters a million times while summoning 1 at a time or by having a broken as fuck, undestroyable, untargetable main deck boss monster while pretty much completely killing Synchro and XYZ spam decks and forcing them to play Link monsters in order to even summon several monsters from the extra deck without using graveyard revival as a middle-man. You literally can't summon Quasar-like Synchros anymore without either summoning a Link before or by reviving the Synchros necessary from your graveyard.

Add to that >>54909119 and ridiculous rarity increases for the TCG (i.e. an archetype that was almost exclusively commons in the OCG being imported with 2 unused cards being common in the TCG and everything else being basically Ultra Rare and Secret Rare) and you got yourself a gigantic fucking shitshow.
>>
>>54909182
Bless you kind anon
>>
>>54909149
>>54909182
mana>X in the search bar, to clarify.
>>
>>54909196
I actually meant Containment Priest, my bad.
>>
File: 310.gif (5MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
310.gif
5MB, 480x360px
>>54909220
>but also adding a new type of extra deck monster that are able to "unlock" your other main monster zones for extra deck summonings
>>
File: Mister_Jank_0.png (554KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mister_Jank_0.png
554KB, 400x600px
Why is this motherfucker so fun to brew?
>>
>>54909196
Golem makes him unable to cast Creatures, Conspiracy (naming anything but dragons) is a perfect foil to his
eminence
>>
>>54909229
That still doesn't do anything about the dragons just being a flat 1 mana cheaper forever.
>>
>>54909238
Hope you weren't a Super Quantal player because they're actually unplayable now.
>>
>>54909089
I assume you left before DUEA. DUEA and the few sets following it damn near obsoleted almost everything that came before and acted as a sort of soft reset by introducing several new, powerful archetypes and increased the amount of cards that worked from the graveyard. It changed how people had to evaluate cards. If they didn't produce massive value immediately, float upon dying, or both, then the cards are trash. It's only gotten worse because after DUEA, each set tried to one-up the one before it in some fabulously fucked fashion. The speed of powercreep has been tremendous following DUEA and the introduction of Xyz in general.

The judges are indeed terrible at the game in most places and it leads to conflicting rulings about what some cards do. There are a few cards that are functionally different not only between the TCG and the OCG, but between different regions of the TCG as well.

The coming of the new summoning method, Link summoning, also came with a new rule that fundamentally changes how the extra deck works. You essentially can't play more than one card from your extra deck at a time without Link monsters. They also neutered their last new summoning method, Pendulum summoning, with this new rule. Instead of trying to work with it any more they abandoned it in favor of something new. It's the perfect example of how Konami has been handling powercreep and the game as of late. They're looking to squeeze players and make a quick buck because they know the game is getting close to critical mass.
>>
>>54909257
Yeah, but the point is that it's exactly as effective against, say, a Dragon Tribal Scion deck. It's not actually interacting with the Eminence specifically.
>>
>>54909265
So you can cast your 5/5 flyers for 6 mana instead of 7, wew lad worth the 5c landbase
>>
>>54909251
Because they added in the "once per turn" clause so he isn't instantly broken. He's pure, and goes infinite with only the most janky of cards.
>>
>>54909265
Fine, Sphere of Resistance.
>>
>>54909251
because he actually has a unique and fun ability on a commander.

It blows me away how some of the secondary commanders can have completely unique abilities while the flagship commanders are about as boring as you can get.
>>
>>54909185
Oh, I'm well aware of how Konami has been treating it. I wouldn't call it a terribly designed game at its core, but the way it is designed leaves little room to expand but up. The lack of different formats doesn't help this.
>>
>>54909271
I actually haven't played in years, and when I did it was only casually.

The last deck I played (and I still own it) was Aliens
>>
File: decode talker.jpg (11KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
decode talker.jpg
11KB, 186x271px
>>54909238
Yeah, those 2 Extra Monster zones are positioned between the two player halves (between zone 2 and 4) and the first one to summon an extra monster gets to choose which zone to summon to.
Pic related is the poster-boy Link monster. Those red arrows denote which zones will be available for Extra Deck summons while he's on the field. Their summoning requirement is basically like Synchro summoning, but without the need for Tuners or math and just needing a number of monsters equal to their Link arrows, with at least whatever is mentioned as requirement on the card itself. Can also use other Link monsters to count as a number of monsters for the summon equal to their own number of link markers.

TL;DR with pic related on the field, you can only SS from your extra deck to the zones those red arrows point at
>>
>>54909281
>The judges are indeed terrible at the game

You know why? Because all they have to do to become one is take a test online that they can just keep retaking, over and over, until they pass.
>>
>>54909293
That's because a nonzero amount of people are going to just use the most straightforward one, especially among the crowd the precons are aimed at.
>>
>>54909283
What are you on about? It is exactly interacting with it. His eminence requires the type Dragon to do anything. You block all of his cards from having the type Dragon. That's interraction, bucko.
>>
Jewgioh talk plz go, shit up your own general
>>
>>54909251
Because the problem with infinite combos is the fact that they're three cards in your deck that you just dig for all game with a few pieces of disruption to keep your opponents from winning themselves. Mairsil is either not the infinite combo that he might seem at first, or he requires you to play pure jank, actively cripple yourself with cards like Quicksilver Elemental, to make him work. And there's something inherently satisfying about that, it's incredibly fun to have to piece together something new every game.
>>
>>54909315
...So, if that "extra zone" is between my monsters and theirs, this lets me Extra Summon to my opponent's field?
>>
>>54909292
You're missing the point. They're still 1 cheaper than they would've been otherwise. The point is that nothing interacts with the ability. Nothing stops it specifically.
>>
>>54909315
...It doesn't have a defense. Why doesn't it have a defense?
>>
>>54909352
Not quite.
Arrows that point to the opponent's zones allow your opponent to extra summon there. (essentially, arrows that go to their zones are good for your opponent and bad for you)

>>54909367
They literally can never be put into defense position by anything ever. That's the explanation.
And if they would (ex Book of Moon) they instead aren't and remain face up attack.
>>
>>54909355
What the fuck are you on about?

Why does 'a card which stops lifegain' count as a counterplay to lifegain, but 'a card that makes your shit more expensive' not count as counterplay against 'a card that makes your shit cheaper'?

Stop moving the goalposts. It's not even a very good ability, even if literally nothing in the game could even HINDER it.
>>
>>54909352
Nah, it lets THEM use that zone as well. Some have that as a downside or as part of their gimmick (i.e. "Destroy a monster in a zone this card points to"). That stuff also made placement important again and they're doing "column" mechanics again.
>>
File: 384.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
384.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>54909387
>>
File: Stop.gif (2MB, 250x148px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.gif
2MB, 250x148px
>>54909387
>>
>>54909387
>>54909403
>>54909425
To add to this, if you can somehow make a chain of Link monsters with arrows pointing to each other all the way across your monster zones, including the Extra Monster Zone, to your opponent's EMZ before they can use it, you can essentially steal it from them and remove their ability to summon Extra deck monsters unless you have arrows pointing to their Main Monster Zones.
>>
>>54909393
Because the "card that makes your shit more expensive" doesn't actually counteract it. A dragon that would've been 6 mana with Sphere of Resistance is still only 5 mana, it doesn't stop the ability and force it up to 6.
>>
>>54908220
3-color shocks

Yes. That's $35-50 for three cards, depending on what you're playing.
>>
>>54909338
I'm warning people to stay away from Yugioh in its unstable state.
>>
How do cards that search your library for a specific CMC and cards with X in their CMC work together?
Say Chord of Calling and Endless One.
>>
>>54908398
This is some good bait
>>
>>54909449
Okay, you knuckle dragging fucking mongoloid, I'm going to teach you basic fucking arithmetic

I have a 6 cost dragon, and an Ur-Dragon in my Command Zone.

It should now cost me 5 mana to cast that 6 CMC dragon.

You play Sphere of Resistance.

It now costs me 6 mana to cast my 6 CMC dragon again.

Sphere of Resistance's 'tax' has canceled out the discount from Ur-Dragon, because 1-1 = 0.
>>
>>54909476
X is 0
>>
>>54909476
Cards with X treat the X as 0 in all cases unless they're on the stack.
>>
>>54909476
X is 0 in any zone other than the stack. Chord of Calling is CMC 3, Endless One is CMC 0.
>>
>>54909476
X in mana costs is always 0 when not on the stack. (so on the battlefield, in your hand, in your library, in the graveyard, in exile, in the command zone)
>>
>>54909238
>>54909220
>>54909185
>>54909158
>>54909134
>>54909119
>>54909089
>>54909053
>>54909018
>>54908935
>>54908921
>>54908892
Man I don't want to be a turbo autist and >ree

But could y'all either
>Stop talking about a card game unrelated to commander
>start a new thread
>or contribute to the actual thread and have a shadow conversation about YGO in spoiler tags at the bottom of other relevant post

I don't really care which one you choose but stop wasting post count on unrelated shit.

>on topic
Is dimir Taigim worth making a whole deck for or should I just throw him in Sidisi?

Also it is wierd building Sidisi because I'm looking at a lot of card I thought were trash when I started playing and am regretting not keeping track of them since they are gold in self-mill. Has that ever happened to you?
>>
>>54909492
If they didn't have The Ur-Dragon, the dragon would cost them 7 mana thanks to your Sphere of Resistance. You didn't stop The Ur-Dragon from contributing.

This is compared to the Oloro Tainted Remedy interaction, where Oloro literally begins to kill them.
>>
>>54909441
Oh, and did I mention that with the busted as fuck 2-card-combos available in Yugioh right now, this is a very viable tactic for nearly locking your opponent out of the game if their deck relies of the extra deck in any capacity?
>>
>>54909472
And if you think 50 dollars for a massive boost to your deck's consistency is "expensive", find a new hobby.
>>
>>54909540
>Man I don't want to be a turbo autist and >ree
But you managed it.
>>
>>54909492
Sphere of Resistance would be a ridiculously stupid thing to play against The Ur-Dragon. Now all their shit is costed "fairly" and you're just taxing yourself.
>>
>>54909540
>wasting post count
If you'd prefer I can bring up proxies or goalpost moving
>>
>>54909492
>defending my shit tribal jank till my last breath or till I shoot up a school
>>
>>54909540
tfw I've still been contributing to the thread while warning people of the toxic of current Yugioh

I'd say UB Taigam isn't worth it on his own and is a much better target for a The Scarab God deck or Sidisi if your prefer. Sidisi can make some jank decently playable.
>>
So I typed edhrec into google and this article caught my attention.

http://archive.is/IkOgw

Thoughts?
>>
>>54909509
>>54909501
>>54909496
So can I search for something like Apocalypse Hydra with anything that searches for a card with CMC 2.
What about card like Chords, cards that put on the battlefield?
Say I cast it for it's base cost and put an Endless One on the battlefield, does he come down as a 0\0?
And if so, can i cast Chord of Calling for, say, 3GGG and put Endless one as a 3\3?
>>
>>54909492
You can't see the forest through the fucking trees. The Ur-Dragon is still making their dragons cheaper, even if you make them more expensive. It's 6-1+1 when it would have just been 6+1 without it.
>>
>>54909623
Nope, you'll cast the card as-is, which means X=0
>>
>>54909623
>Say I cast it for it's base cost and put an Endless One on the battlefield, does he come down as a 0\0?
Yes.

>And if so, can i cast Chord of Calling for, say, 3GGG and put Endless one as a 3\3?
No.
>>
>>54909610
I don't know that I agree it leads to streamlined "best" decks, because people would google "STRONGEST EDH DECK" and build that either way.

What I hate about EDh rec is makes things *boring*. People will go there to look for ideas on what to put into their deck, and copy huge chunks from that, and then put their list on Tappedout, where it reinforces those numbers more. It creates a feedback loop of predictable samey bullshit.
>>
>>54909610
>person is suprised when Superfriends, the classic everyone-wants-to-build-but-there's-no-really-synergistic-commander-for-it Timmy strategy gets the perfect commander for it and gets real popular
>also disregards that Atraxa has literally 3 ways to build (infect, +1/+1 spam, and superfriends)
>>
>>54909640
>>54909641
Perfect, thanks a lot.
Pour yourselves a beer and imagine it as a sign of my gratitude.
>>
>>54909540
If ypu do end up building Taigam (who I think is quite underrated actually), Minamo is your friend there, as are fetches, strip mine, etc.
>>
>>54909610
Without EDHrec, people just end up having to do gatherer and tappedout searches. It's just a tool and all this sounds like is bitching that people are playing the game in a way that the writer doesn't like.
>>
>>54909610
>‘Walkers is the obvious thing to do with her, and therefore the wrong thing to do with her. That sort of thinking is what led to Leovold, Emissary of Trest getting banned, and I will never forgive any of you for that.

They come right off the bat as incredibly cuntish. Leovold was a problem card at his core. Some cards lend themselves to certain strategies better than others. If you try and do a completely unrelated strategy with a commander that doesn't support it, then your commander is wasted. That being said, there are things that can be done outside of the norm that can be successful, you just have to try them out for yourself. EDHrec's main issue is that it encourages goodstuff or promotes obvious includes. Noob players will get on there and pick whatever is used the most, leading to a generic as fuck deck rather than one they researched and build for themselves to their own tastes. EDHrec is fine when used as a tool to find a few staples that really help your commander and then you fill it in with your own tech.
>>
>>54909649
I literally copy/paste the entire page and whittle the list down to 100 based on what cards I have, ez win mode brah
>>
>>54909681
>literally 3 ways to build
>implying there's only poison, +1/+1 and loyalty counters
>>
>>54909747
If you don't enjoy deck building then there is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>54909778
And what other consistent and pervasive enough ways would there be to build Atraxa that don't require half the deck to be tutors?
>>
>>54909730
I disagree. If people had to do real 'work' on that research, they'd probably only look up a couple of lists and take a few ideas from them, filling in the rest with what they have.

The problem with Rec is it compiles dozens, scores, hundreds of lists into one bland porridge of goodstuff which people will copy huge chunks of, then upload their list and contribute to that deck equivalent of the color beige.
>>
>>54909809
Build her around counters in *general*.
>>
>>54909809
-1/-1 counters, energy counters, charge counters, fading counters, all of the above.

A meme-tastic Atraxa deck using Proliferate with all kinds of janky counters that nobody ever thinks of can be hilarious.
>>
>>54909818
Then build your own decks? Nobody is making (You) use EDHrec, you're just upset that other people do.
>>
File: 210[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
210[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54909809
Meme counters.
>>
For my first commander deck, Gitrog Landfall simulator, Ramos the Dragon Wagon ft. All the Buffs, or Rosheen Meanderer and like 1000 hydras?
>>
>>54909858
...yes.

At no point did I say otherwise.

I'm upset that it's as popular as it is, because it creates a really shitty feedback loop of boring, samey decks.
>>
File: 1502330445052.jpg (7KB, 218x212px) Image search: [Google]
1502330445052.jpg
7KB, 218x212px
>>54909890
For fun, Rosheen.
For 10000dollars.dec Gitrog.

>>54909908
So you're personally insulted that people other than you, and who have no real bearing or influence on you as a person, are doing things in a way you don't agree with? So you're the Christianity of deck building?
>>
>>54909876
When are we going back to Ravinca again? I want more fun cards like this.
>>
File: 2 (3).jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
2 (3).jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>54909876
Yee, baby.
>>
>>54909562
>3 lands tapping for one other color is worth $50 in a format where battle and check lands are strong

If you've got them, sure, but don't act like it's worth the investment if you only play Commander
>>
>>54909178
My boy
>>
>>54909946
>and who have no real bearing or influence on you as a person
Disagree. It creates a trend of people basically copy-pasting the most boring, by-the-numbers versions of decks all over. Multiple people in my playgroup (before it dissipated when the shop closed) had decks that were basically just copy-pasted from EDH Rec.

I'm not "insulted", but I do get frustrated when I see someone set down a meme commander and 90 of their 99 cards are exactly the same as almost every other version of that deck. Half the point of EDH is supposed to be that the games have variance, that decks are unique and fun and interesting.
>>
>>54909986
You can't fetch for Glacial Fortress, and it can't come in untapped on turn 1 if you need it to.
>>
>>54907462
for you
>>
>>54909956
Considering Vraska and Jace are both in Ixalan, it's possible Vraska will be trying to get Jace to do something for her as The Living Guildpact in exchange for helping him in Ixalan, so Jace's story might lead us back sometime after Dominaria.
>>
>>54909809
>Myojin.dec
Pity you cant run red to destroy all lands every turn
Still being able to discard everyones hand, draw your deck, cast every creature for free and destroy all creatures every turn its still fun, just ramp into them and throw protecc
>>
>>54909610
Wow, I hate this! No really, I hate the idea that somehow if you want your deck to be effective and not all "spicy" jank you're somehow ruining the game, and that playing good cards is somehow more boring than shooting yourself in the foot. I personally like games where my deck works. People will use what's effective, and then they'll let other people know what's effective, and then more people will use that effective stuff. EDHrec is just a way of streamlining that process.
>>
>>54910047
There's a difference between building your deck to be good, and your deck being nearly identical to every other version built by anyone ever because you all copy-pasted the same list from the same place.

I hate the 'netdeck' argument for non-EDH Magic, but putting your own spin on things is half the point in this format. Copy-pasting someone else's list is against the spirit of the format.
>>
File: unnamed (1).gif (378KB, 439x335px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).gif
378KB, 439x335px
>>54910101
>muh spirit
>>
If l've got hardened scales on the battlefield and a corpsejack menace as well and an effect says "put 2 +1/+1 counters on a creature" do l put five counters on or six?
>>
>>54910131
Yes, this is one of the few times I'll make that argument.

If you want to build an optimized-to-the-last-card cookie cutter list to win consistently, EDH is the absolute worst format for that.
>>
>>54909251
most overhyped commander of this set, next to fat granny.
>>
>>54910101
>Copy-pasting someone else's list is against the Spirit of the format.
Is against YOUR "Spirit of the format"
For example, my spirit of the format is "no MLD/Infinites"
>>
>>54910139
Yes.

More specifically, up to you. You control the affected object (the thing getting the counters), so you choose how to apply the replacement effects. You can do +1, then double that 3 to 6, or you can double the 2 to 4, then add one for 5.
>>
>>54910101
>>54910101
And if people were actually copy pasting lists then there would be a problem, but they're not. People are putting in cards that they like, or want to make use of, or making a list a little more budget or a little more budgetless. And even if they were copy pasting EDHrec's average deck, there still wouldn't be a problem because that deck would just lose, due to having little synergy with anything other than the commander.
>>
>>54910164
I'd say it's against the spirit as it was created.

I mean, yes, you can say that your 'spirit of the format' involves hyper-tuned "netdecks", but that's still in conflict with the original point of the format.
>>
>>54910161
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54910139
The controller, or owner if there's no controller, of an affected object gets to determine in what order replacement effects are applied. So, 99% of the time, you're going to want to apply the Hardened Scales effect first, then Corpsejack Menace's.

It can be 5 or 6, whichever is more beneficial to you. Sometimes, rarely, you might want a smaller creature for some reason.
>>
>>54910173
1) The problem is, when 100 people use Card A, and 1 person uses Card B (because it's neat tech, or they like it, or budget reasons, or whatever), Card B isn't even going to show up on Rec, because it only shows what's most commonly used. A few people adding tweaks doesn't do enough to dilute the samey-soup problem.

2) I'm not worried about those samey decks winning. I don't give a fuck about losing, I care about playing against the same boring deck every single time I see a Nekusar or an Atraxa, regardless of winning. I'd rather lose 100 fun games than win 100 boring ones.
>>
>>54910161
Everyone's been calling him Mister Jank. People are expecting him to be a goofy commander will some really weird interactions, and he's sure a hell of a lot better poised for it than Mishra.
>>
>>54909251
How does he even interact with Equipment that has an activated ability like that untap-equip from the Lorwyn block?
>>
File: dicks.jpg (18KB, 402x366px) Image search: [Google]
dicks.jpg
18KB, 402x366px
>spend 8 hours a day cataloging every card in existence
>painstakingly research every card and interaction
>living off ramen and losing sleep every night thinking of new ways to combo
>never leaving the house because that would lose valuable time brewing
>assemble the most perfect deck in every way
>wonder why your friend doesnt call anymore
>sunlight is your kryptonite

Vs

>look at edhrec
>copy paste and throw a deck together in 20 mins
>go out with friends friday and saturday nights
>socialize with humans
>have contact with females
>drop Into the store for a quick game in saturdays
>defeat neckbeards causing them to reeeeeee in the corners
>give deckbuilding tips to new players because building a player base is healthy
>"good game guys, ill catch you next week or thursday night if im not working"
>>
>>54910282
He can't equip himself to stuff because he's a creature. If he wasn't a creature somehow then you could make him an Umbral Mantle and put him on something else, but he wouldn't do anything because Umbral Mantle grants the equipped creature "3: {Q}" and the other stuff. If you give him an Umbral Mantle then you can tap for an ability, untap for 3, tap for a different ability, but you've already used the first ability and you can't do it again without a way to circumvent that.
>>
>>54910282
If he Cages an Equipment, he only gets the Equip ability and any other abilities the Equipment itself has, like Tatsumasa. The equip ability is completely useless unless you can turn him into an Aura or Equipment. He won't get any "Equipped creature has X" abilities.
>>
>>54910168
>>54910232
Thanks, I've been absentmindedly brewing Ramos the past week or so, and I still can't decided which direction to go with him. Big mana cascade with yidris and maelstrom wanderer, or big mana with kruphix and helix pinnicle, or a weird sort of gold matters voltron with rafiq of the many for fat double striking flyer that can get bigger mid combat. Or just chandra's ignition everyone. Or just say fuck it and throw it all in there and have wincons in five completely different directions.
>>
>>54910193
I mean wizards a shit.
>>
>>54910232

>>54910345 was meant for >>54910205
>>
>>54910327
>The Virgin Brew vs The Chad Netdeck
>>
So lately I've been obsessed with making a token deck. Not so much to overrun but to abuse ETB, LTB, and sacrificing them to control stuff. Got any commander suggestions? I like Prossh for this as it's guaranteed tokens and a convenient sac outlet all in one but I'm not sure if he's the best candidate for this. Definitely need black for the gravepact effects but who else could I use? Two colour if possible
>>
>>54909293
>while the flagship commanders are about as boring as you can get.
They're the "safe" choices. The flagship commanders show a baseline that is at least supposed to appeal to Timmy, Johnny, and Spike at least a little. The secondary commanders are free to go 200% Johnny (like Mairsil) or flat Spike (like Kess).
>>
>>54910380
This is wizards new duel deck
>>
>>54910399
Teysa, Orzhov Scion.
>>
File: Ma ir sil.png (555KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ma ir sil.png
555KB, 500x500px
>>54910340
>Caging Jitte in Charge Counter Tribal
>>
>>54910442
Orzhov is my favourite guild. She looks good but doesn't she need a lot of token producing support?
>>
File: 1497769216460.jpg (28KB, 650x568px) Image search: [Google]
1497769216460.jpg
28KB, 650x568px
>>54910340
>caging Jitte
>>
>>54910491
When you sacrifice a BW creature for an effect you get even more. If you get out a Darkest Hour you can exile every other creature. Plus now you've got Anointed Procession for support.
>>
>>54910591
Damn, reading up on this now. Looks really fun with a low curve. I'm excited, if you have any lists I'd love to see them
>>
Making my first EDH deck soon with my refund coming in. It is gonna be budget and casual for now so nothing crazy. Does /edh/ recommend Mono Color or Duo color for building their first? I already know what colors I want to use and the "archetype" I am going for. Just struggling if to go for Mono or Duo
>>
>>54910591
>if you get darkest hour out you can exile every other creature

You can't, atleast not with teysa. The creatures are all black, not black/white, just black.
>>
>>54909610
I built Ramos and Mathas lists before they were up on EDHREC by scouring through several hundreds of cards on magiccards.info.
Now that the EDHREC pages are up for comparison, 100% of everything I found that could be considered spicy is on there, and there's only one card on there that I'd consider spicy which I missed completely (namely Prismatic Geoscope).

It's just a handy tool.
>>
>>54909315

>>54909441

>>54909545

Why can't we just ban all these cards and go back to the old rules. I want a format where I can play my early 5D's to mid Zexal era cards without all this broken ass bullshit.
>>
>>54910664
brb murdering my friend
>>
>>54909890
Go for Gitrog, he's fun to pilot. Ramos seems fun but 5C is not a good entry point into the format.
>>
>>54910663
Knowing the archetype and color you are going for would help.
>>
>>54910663
Duo color. Your landbase can still be budget (shock, pain, check, battle) and you'll get access to more stuff to do.
>>
>>54910711
Colors I am looking at are Mono Red, Blue or Green.

Pairings would be Blue/Green or Blue/Red

Archetype would be more of a Aggro/Combo kind of thing. But a combo I gotta put work into getting off. That kind of thing.
>>
>>54910738
>>54910697
Please stop this cancerous spacing.
>>
>>54907273
Rashida Scalebane. Useless against anything but a Dragon deck.

But I'm going to love using it against my friend's Ur-Dragon deck
>>
>>54910484
>>54910496
You can only use Jitte's ability once per turn, no matter which mode you pick, unless you use Quicksilver Elemental.

It's actually not very good.
>>
>>54910663
Ramp is green
Counters and draw are blue
White is removal and pillowfort
Black is removal and graveyard shenanigans
Red is not really anything that other colors can already do

Look at what you want to do, if you go Black white you wont have card draw and cant protect against spells
go green blue you can ramp and draw and counter but you cant remove threats on the table as easy
The more colors you add the mote you can do buy your landbase costs will go up considerably
Less colors are cheaper but you miss out on other interactions
>>
>>54910738
I'd go for duo.
You can work on a budget and still cover one color weakness with the other.
I'd rarelly go mono outside Black or outside Commander centric decks (Zada, Feldon, Baral, Eldrazi Titans).
>>
>>54910738
Blue isnt aggro so mono R or G would be better
UG works well together
UR is abit meh there are not really good budget options
>>
>>54910738
The mono green elves precon is pretty aggro, just need to throw in some extra elves and anthem effects and a few artifact/enchantment removals
>>
There is nothing wrong with looking up what other people find effective.
>>
>>54910786
>It's actually not very good.
>Mairsil
>>
File: MAXIMUM_OVERMEME.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM_OVERMEME.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>54910340
>Batterskull in a cage
>3 mana bounce he doesn't have to tap for
Am I janking right?
>>
>>54911186
There are better ones for that sort of thing, but it is nice and jank.

And just a solid card as a whole.
>>
What are the best ways to make huge amounts of mana in mono-black? Obviously Coffers-Urborg
>>
>>54911374
Magus of the Coffers, Crypt Ghast, and Nirkana Revenant are your primo picks.
>>
>>54911374
Reanimate+Sacrifice
>>
Standard cuck looking to get into EDH, is the Wizard deck with budget upgrade viable in casual commander at my LGS? I'm thinking about getting some better wizards and constructing better deck down the line.
>>
>>54911374
Grave Titan + Nim Deathmantle + Ashnod's Altar goes infinite I believe.
>>
what are some good token generators in grixis colors? I wanna make Mairsil sacrifice bullshit
>>
>>54911374
Caged sun
>>
>>54911452
the newest precons are basically dead ends when it comes to deckbuilding. tribals start off weak, and when you use lots of dosh to improve them, they usually just become okay-ish.

the older precons are a lot better for newbies since they're easier to upgrade cheaply. the latest ones seem like they're only good for taking apart for the singles
>>
>>54911452
Cat voltron is probably a more powerful deck on a budget, just add more equipment and some pillowfort, also cats are In Standard so you might already have upgrades
>>
>>54911374
Black Market
And even though it takes a while to get going, I personally am a fan of Altar of Shadows.
>>
File: 1498075532191.jpg (48KB, 365x444px) Image search: [Google]
1498075532191.jpg
48KB, 365x444px
How many creatures do you guys usually throw into a tribal? For instance, lets say the new Vampire tribal deck coming out.
>>
Post your dankest jank.
>>
>>54911539
I can always pick up Commander Anthology decks for cheap here, are any of them good?
>>
>>54911539
This isn't true. The new wizard cards are good even if the deck isn't great out of the box.
>>
File: There Went Your Libraries.png (235KB, 446x310px) Image search: [Google]
There Went Your Libraries.png
235KB, 446x310px
>>54911579
>>
>>54911598
Use Phage too
>>
File: 1502591193635.jpg (25KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
1502591193635.jpg
25KB, 418x475px
>>54911598
That's some dank jank.
>>
File: You Lose.png (459KB, 669x310px) Image search: [Google]
You Lose.png
459KB, 669x310px
>>54911651
>>
File: Phage.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Phage.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54911651
>>54911684
Phage is a lot more fun as a commander though.
>>
>>54911579
1. Have Hellbent
2. Attack with Elder
3. Tap Megaliths for mana
3. Use Maze on Elder (note that Maze doesn't remove from combat)
4. untap Maze and Megaliths
5. repeat 3-4 for a second mana
6. Use Megaliths' Hellbent to ping
7. repeat 3-6 for infinite pinging
>>
>>54911725
I made two step 3.
Just ignore that and increase the step count for everything after the first 3 by 1, still the same idea.
>>
File: Fuck Everything.png (397KB, 669x310px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Everything.png
397KB, 669x310px
>>54911579
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpzfF4nl2Vs
Fucking hell, these decks are hot garbage out of the box. The Wizard deck did nothing because the mana was fucked. Justin just sat there looking defeated the entire time. You could just tell how irritated he was. Meanwhile, the Dragon deck somehow won despite having the worst mana.
>>
So I pulled this guy today. I want to put it in a deck, and am willing to build one to make it happen. Who do I build? No Inalla or whatever her name is
>>
>>54911805
Inalla
>>
>>54911805
Animar.
>>
>>54911808
Oh sweet I totally didn't think of her. Thanks anon, you're pretty cool
>>
File: Wood Elemental Sucks.png (3MB, 1596x1099px) Image search: [Google]
Wood Elemental Sucks.png
3MB, 1596x1099px
>>54911579
15-ish Card Combo to make Wood Elemental suck less. It actually forces one of your opponents to cast your Wood Elemental and sacrificing all of their permanents to it, then returning to your control and humiliating them by killing them with said Wood Elemental. And they still have no permanents in play even if you don't kill them outright.
>>
>>54911816
You don't even need Cloudstone for Animar though, just creatures that bounce themselves like Man-o'-War or Ancestral Statue.

>>54911805
I'd say something like Brago or New Ezuri.
>>
>>54911884
>it's not helpful to have backups
Yup anon.
>>
>>54911805
Run it in Tribal humans or something that has great ETB's to abuse.
>>
File: Breya, Etherium Shaper.png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Breya, Etherium Shaper.png
144KB, 223x311px
>>54911805
Breya, Etherium Shaper
>>
>>54912007
Derp, I forgot the non-artifact part, ignore me!
>>
File: Gonti, Lord of Luxury.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gonti, Lord of Luxury.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>54911805
>>
>>54907489
Stuff like Grisly Salvage that lets you pick a card from the top X cards of your library and puts the rest in the grave are good too.
>>
File: 45.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
I bought a foil open the armory the other day and trying to find some auras to put in
How do people feel about pic related in a tymna/Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker deck seems like it would be a great fit but I'm not sold
The idea being to give something flying to get extra draws and at worst a tutorial cantrip
>>
>>54911805
Seton
>>
>>54912172
Take a look at most Zur decks out there, then see which of the auras you think would be best for you.
>>
>>54911805
This if you can get one -> >>54911816

Animar with Curio is just brutal
>>
File: 1500928671887.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500928671887.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>54911805
0 cost creatures + purphoros
>>
File: Kobolds of Kher Keep.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Kobolds of Kher Keep.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54912277
Kobolds!
>>
File: 1498957175714.png (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498957175714.png
557KB, 1280x720px
>>54910380

Make the picture, don't leave us hanging!
>>
>>54910664

This is incorrect.
>>
>>54912329
Where's a drawfag when you need one?
>>
>>54912172
Painfully mediocre unless you have ancestral mask or Uril. It's nice that it cantrips but cantrips are garbage buckets in edh unless you're planning to storm off.
>>
>>54912347
>4/15/2013 Affected creatures lose all other colors and are mono-black.
>>
Gimme the spicy Edric tech, boys

I need it
>>
File: Beacon of Unrest_FD.jpg (219KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Beacon of Unrest_FD.jpg
219KB, 672x936px
How much graveyard recursion do you guys put in your decks? Is graveyard recursion a staple strategy in your decks? How do you attempt to mix it in when the commander doesn't lend itself to any sort of graveyard interaction?
>>
>>54912511
Stratus Dancer.
>>
>>54912305
These fuckers and all the other 0-costers like Ornithopter are great in Zada
>>
>>54912382
>cantrips are garbage buckets in edh
Well that's verifiably false
Every blue deck should be running a few to smooth out draws specifically those that give card selection like serum visions and ponder
>>
>>54912511
Time warp
>>
>>54912681
Those also both crack a Doomsday pile
>>
>>54910327
>if im not working
>Not having a set work schedule
>>
>>54912511
Notorious Throng should be obvious.
>>
File: 1493949760273.png (142KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
1493949760273.png
142KB, 500x635px
I'm in need of some ABSOLUTE MADMAN-tier inclusions to an Izzet spellslinger deck
>>
>>54912710
That's true but you don't exactly save them for that when they are in the opening hand lol
>>
File: 66492_200w.jpg (31KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
66492_200w.jpg
31KB, 200x285px
>>54912724
Only x spell you will ever need
Don't be a pussy and resort to boring x spell x damage spells
>>
File: 219.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
219.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>54912724
With all the spells taking control of other spells on the stack
>>
>>54910803
>Red is not really anything that other colors can already do
Unconditional Burn
>>
>>54912724

>>54912750 has a point. Also consider Mana Severence to maximize "hits" when you're doing card-drawing nonsense.
>>
>>54912724
Eternal Dominion.
>>
File: Hunt.jpg (249KB, 715x753px) Image search: [Google]
Hunt.jpg
249KB, 715x753px
>tfw ordered Villainous Wealth and Sultai charm for a Sultai deck which currently doesn't exist or have a commander
>Already have a Golgari and Dimir deck
>too much value in them, can't resist
Which cards have you ordered for a deck, which you currently don't have a plan for, but know you someday will build?
>>
File: iz.jpg (241KB, 788x764px) Image search: [Google]
iz.jpg
241KB, 788x764px
>>54912724
>>
>>54912866
Patron wizard because I was expecting it to spike and I kind of want to play wizard tribal.
>>
File: _20170814_234127.jpg (963KB, 1460x2200px) Image search: [Google]
_20170814_234127.jpg
963KB, 1460x2200px
>>54912866
When I ordered pic related I had no plan, I just knew I kinda wanted to build Slivers, I wanted to use Sliver Legion as the commander, and I dig foreign cards. I've got my list worked out now though.
>>
>>54912866
>>54913025
I bought a Sliver Queen because I know I'll use her eventually. Could be with slivers or just control with Mana Echoes and infinite mana outlets.
>>
File: 52[2].jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52[2].jpg
70KB, 312x445px
With Inalla as general, can you cast Azami then copy her and tap to draw a card with both the creature and the token or will the legend rule kill one of them before they can activate?
>>
>>54908502
You're missing some of the best angels that would actually make tribal work with no red.
>>
>>54913109
Tapping requires you to have priority, and state based actions like the Legends rule would force you to sacrifice before you receive priority. But here's what you can do.
>Azami ETB
>Inalla trigger
>tap Azami
>pay trigger
>let the original Azami die
>tap copy
It leaves you with a copy that will die at the end of turn, but you can draw another card.
>>
>>54912866
Captain Sisay, because I got her at 5 bucks literally hours before buyout spiked her to... it was 30 for a bit but I think she's back down from there. No idea what I'll use her for. I mean, I've got a Paradox Engine but Sisay Storm just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>54913109
One will die before you can tap either.
Legend Rule is state-based action, and those are checked both before and after (but not during) anything on the stack.
So it'll check immediately after Inalla resolves and makes a copy, and before you can even get priority to activate either Azami.
>>
File: 1493129232507.png (156KB, 310x227px) Image search: [Google]
1493129232507.png
156KB, 310x227px
what were they thinking with the Wizard deck?
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54907273

I run her as my green white humans commander against my buddies spirit of the night deck.
>>
>>54913166
that it doesn't matter how bad they make it since people will buy it for kess anyway

i think she and the couple of other good cards in the deck might get especially expensive since there is very little reason to buy the deck otherwise
>>
>>54913186
I'm building her right now as a Rebecca Guay theme deck. Only cards she did the art for.
>>
>>54907574
Glissa and nectrotic ooze are meh, you dont have enough targets for them, nor good ones. I took cabal pit out of mine as i found it never did much, but if you have a bunch of izami's and shit you need to kill in your group then maybe its worth it. Ditto with quicksand. Gaze of granite isnt good, you gotta get some better boardwipes. Damnation is obviously good but crux of fate is usually just as good and about $1. I'm also not a fan of edicts in commander unless they hit everybody.

I run cabal coffers/urborg in mine, up to you if you want that, but you definitely need to get your hands on an avenger of zendikar. Oracle of mul daya is also sweet. Grisly salvage and grapple with the past are the bees knees. You also look like you're a bit light on mana rocks and a bit heavy on lands. I run 42 lands, but no maze of ith, so i reckon you could cut two.
>>
>>54913153
>>54913145
Thank you. Could be a useful play in a desperate situation or if Sundial of the Infinite is in play.
>>
>>54913166
They let the jank consume them.
>>
File: Dank Vader.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dank Vader.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>54913231
>If only you knew the power of the Dank Side.
>>
>>54913222
Also, forgot to mention, strip mine is only $10. When someone pulls out a cradle you'll thank me
>>
>>54911564
Throw in the non-Vamp utility creatures the deck needs, then fill in the rest with vampires. If you like a creature for some ability/etb/ etc. on it, but there is a vampire with a slightly weaker version of said ability, use the vampire instead for deck synergy
>>
>>54913147
Soon she's going to be a top tier commander for GW Planeswalkers.
>>
>>54907499
kys cunt
>>
File: Grimlock-Ferocious-King.png (290KB, 331x533px) Image search: [Google]
Grimlock-Ferocious-King.png
290KB, 331x533px
So I was really looking forward to making some sort of deck with this guy but I cant find him anywhere. I'm going to be shit out of luck arnt I and not be able to combine my love of mtg with Transformers am I?
>>
>>54913549
That's exactly why she spiked in the first place.
>>
>>54913571
I don't think it's out yet my dude
>>
>>54913549
Do we still have a solid source on that aside from the blurry as fuck Ixalan leak?
>>
File: I am the bone of my Jank.png (3MB, 850x1552px) Image search: [Google]
I am the bone of my Jank.png
3MB, 850x1552px
>>54913166
>>
File: deb1a470706aacaf9e1e3bb117bca60c.jpg (235KB, 756x1058px) Image search: [Google]
deb1a470706aacaf9e1e3bb117bca60c.jpg
235KB, 756x1058px
>>54913571
So I was really looking forward to making some sort of deck with this guy but I cant find this alter of him anywhere. I'm going to be shit out of luck arnt I and not be able to combine my love of mtg with league of legends am I?
>>
>>54913581
I'm pretty sure hascon is done and these are out.

>>54913609
I was really looking forward to having the actual card.
>>
>>54912722
How many Rogues do I need? Shit
>>
>>54913582
The blurry as fuck Ixalan leak is pretty telling.
>>
>>54913571
As far as I can see, people are only selling the entire Hascon Promo box, which will cost you about $275.
>>
File: brt4RB4.jpg (355KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brt4RB4.jpg
355KB, 767x1024px
>>54913678
Ok, you tell me where on this sheet you can see "Legendary Planeswalker"? Also that would mean Hostage Taker is still broken as fuck.
>>
New Thread

>>54913707
>>54913707
>>54913707
>>54913707
>>
>>54913714
Second row tenth card looks like there is another word before "planeswalker". Could be legendary.
>>
>>54913714
Look at Jace, top left.
His ultimate says you make three copies of him, except they're not legendary.
>>
>>54913714
Hostage Taker is either getting a day 1 errata, or they're going to close that entire rules loophole.
>>
>>54913800
>three copies

My bad, two copies.
>>
>>54913660
A good amount of your cheap evasive dudes and flying men will be rogues naturally. Just get a decent number and you'll be fine.
>>
So bought a few cheap foil commons at my lgs to de ink and turn into tokens for my shiny zada deck.

I've seen tutorials that used acetone and a cottonball to quickly get the ink off. I tried the same thing today (96% acetone and a paper tpwel) and after 20 minutes of decently hard circles manages to de ink maybe 40% Of the card. I read that cards from older sets are harder to do but it can't be this difficult, am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>54913213
My brother of african decent.
That was why I picked her. Not as themed but I respect.
>>
File: 1326240446685.jpg (3KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1326240446685.jpg
3KB, 256x192px
>flickering Vendilion Clique a dozen times in one turn
>>
>>54914520
That's honestly not that great.
>>
How do you guys feel about 1v1 EDH? Regular or duel
>>
>>54916016
Still better then 3 player. Fuck 3 player.
>>
>>54916052
Why? Do you get ganged up on too?
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.