[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 42

File: 1409862789536.png (258KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
1409862789536.png
258KB, 315x448px
"Mixed Feelings" Edition

Last Thread: >>54830627

RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's the verdict on C17?
>>
>>54835874
The commanders themselves are decent enough. UW Taigam, Kess, Mairsil, Ur-Dragon, Mathas, Inalla, Mirri, and Nazahn are all things I'd like to build. The decks are shit and not worth the price.
>>
File: 212a.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
212a.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
Thinking about replacing Hero's Downfall with this. Losing the instant speed is painful, but the incidental grave hate can be so useful.
>>
CAT PUSSY
DRAGON ASS
VAMPIRE TITS
WIZARD HIPS

CHOOSE
YOUR
DECK
>>
>>54835909
Ramos and Markov are the only commanders out of C17 that look fun at all.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54836024
Mommys fine Dragon Ass
>>
>>54836005
If there's more graveyard stuff than Planeswalkers in your group, I'd say go for it. There's other instant creature-removal and losing one of probably several usually won't break your neck, while the utility this provides might very well save it often.
>>
>>54835874
>What's the verdict on C17?
Like a handful of decent singles if you want to do tribal shit. Not worth ordering as a whole.
I'm gonna order Wasitora simply because she's a sweeter general for my Jund goodstuff.dec than Sek'Kuar and probably ingore the rest.
>>
>>54836066
Instants aren't even good against planeswalkers, since they get to activate their ability before you get priority anyway.
>>
>>54836071
>jundgoodstuff.dec
>not Prossh
>>
>>54836122
It's a fair goodstuff deck, since our meta is fairly Timmy-heavy. Prossh just draws too much hate.
>>
File: 1502375842812.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1502375842812.png
177KB, 265x370px
>>54836038
u wot
>>
>>54836122
>build Prossh
>get instantly targeted and ganged up
Sure, seems like a good idea for him.
>>
What do people think about portal mage? It seems like a kind of shitty card to me, since it can't force a creature to attack in the first place, and it doesn't do a damn thing late game when it becomes a 1v1.

If it just said "goad target creature" it would be a better card and less verbose. I am already running a wizard deck and I don't think I can find a slot for it.
>>
File: dfbegege.jpg (86KB, 559x380px) Image search: [Google]
dfbegege.jpg
86KB, 559x380px
This is the cutest equip in the whole game, I love it.
>>
>>54836038
>my opinion is fact!
Go away.
>>
>>54836206
I'm not saying that my opinion is fact. I'm saying that those are the only two that look fun to me. Sorry if my wording was confusing.
>>
File: Mizzium Meddler.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Mizzium Meddler.png
121KB, 223x311px
>>54836185
It reminds me of pic related in that it's very situational, but okay at what it does. I'd only use portal mage if I went all out with janky wizard shenanigans.
>>
>>54835874

Worst Commander product ever, with the possible exception of the mono-colored ones (that might be just because I'm racist against monocolored commander decks though).
>>
Still mad that they made Super God King of All Gods a 6/6 trample.
>>
>>54836272
>Worst Commander product ever
How do you figure? Aside from the lands, the decks seem pretty well constructed. Lots of ramp and okay card draw.
>>
>>54836165
>build Prossh
>tell group it's not foodchain tryhard just goodstuff

Talking to people sounds scary though so it's probably better for him to hamstring himself but running mediocre commanders.
>>
>>54836286
Anon, you have to understand that O-Kagachi's design was made with the Kamigawa Block in mind. Our card designers really tried to put themselves into that same state of mind, rather than modern design paradigms.
>>
>>54836315
The fuck? If you are actually from wizards, why do you care about our opinions?

If you aren't from wizards, the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>54836298

Zero value in the boxes.
>>
>>54836198
I'm already daydreaming of keeping a hand of just it, lands, and rocks, but still swinging for game at a somewhat competitive pace. sorry I missed you asking for it a while back, here's my hope decklists of you're still around anon http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sad-machine/
>>
>>54836298
Ok then, if they aren't the worst, which set of decks is the worst?
>>
>>54836340
>Mirari's Wake in Cats
>Marchesa reprint in Wizards
>Captivating Vampire in Vamps

What do you want? Five hundred dollars worth of cards in a thirty five dollar box? Be realistic.
>>
>>54836364
>Be realistic.

I am. The previous ones always had ~$150 in value (before their launch dropped the prices of everything). That is what I expect from all Commander products. This is just shit in comparison.
>>
>>54836340
They have about as much value as C16 and C15. Sorry they didn't reprint dual lands for you, anon, but just buy the singles.
>>
>>54836384
Quit bitching. Who cares? If you want singles, buy them. If you don't, don't buy anything. It's not complicated. Did you think we we're getting a Tabernacle or Phyrexian Obliterator?
>>
>>54836391

They have much less.
>>
>>54836398
>don't buy anything

Thank you, I won't.

>Did you think we we're getting a Tabernacle or Phyrexian Obliterator?

I was thinking we'd get good high-value reprints like in previous Commander products, instead of bulk from the ten-for-a-dollar commons box. Sorry if expecting them to meet the same standards they set for themselves upsets you.
>>
>>54836384
It's roughly the same, especially when you consider that a lot of the card included were reprinted previously and therefore already have a lower value. Plus, there are more new cards per deck this time, which is good.
I'm not trying to defend them too much, but there isn't a significant drop in value.
>>
>>54835874
cats and wizards are cool, the rest is super meh

id give it a 6/10
>>
>>54836364
Not him, but they could easily fit in some spiking cards or lands that just increase in price.

>>54836391
They really don't. I think that they downplayed C17, because they thought that the Eminence Commanders would be pretty expensive, since they are Oloro-like.
>>
>>54836414
>this anon who has literally never purchased a commander product
The fuck are you on about? Wake, Havengul lich and Marchesa are fine reprints. Vamps get Teferi's protection to offset it. Why do you care about how much money is in a PRECONSTRUCTED product? Either your a scalper or a mong and either way you're ignoring that there is one money deck in each set, probably cats, one almost money deck, wizards, and two decks that are neat but you shouldn't buy unless you want to play them.

Either way, new quality legendaries are fine enough on their own. Get out with your speculator bullshit, this is not the place.
>>
I drew the vampire deck when we decided who gets which deck and I'm still salty that bloodline keeper isn't in the deck.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this year's product, nothing is really standing out to me as FUN.
>>
>Narset is an autist

So does she play with lego in the command tower?
>>
>>54836313
>build Prossh
>tell group it's not foodchain tryhard just goodstuff
This has never worked in my playgroup ever. We had a guy try this once by just building generic noncombo token swarm with him. Prossh is just one of those generals that paint an instant target on your forehead, no matter what you're trying to do with it. It's in the same league as Zur and Narset with that over here. People just have ptsd.
>>
>>54836238
Using Mizzium Meddler to steal a kicked Rite of Replication is pretty sweet. This guy is almost always an mvp, usually he's a counterspell + body, worst case scenario he's a flash chump blocker.

Solid art too.
>>
>>54836364
Anon the only "expensive" card you listed there is wake.

If you would like you can tell me which year had worse commander products.
>>
O shit boys, drama in the """competitive""" tier list. The guy who made the Jeleva list is salty because his waifu is getting replaced.
>>
>>54836165
Just tell them that it is just casual or not tryhard deck.

Really, my 3 commander decks are Kaalia, Meren, and Atraxa, and none of my friends target me because they know that none of my decks has infinite combos out of the ass or has "no fun allowed" or too many tryhard cards.
>>
>>54836528
Captivating Vampire is pretty expensive too, but I agree that Marchesa is too much of a stretch.
>>
>>54836528
Quit bitching about the cost of cardboard in a PRECONSTRUCTED product. If you want to be a speculator, go elsewhere.
>>
>>54836578
I'm sorry, Mr Starcity Games employee. I'll be a good goy from now on!
>>
>>54836578
Anon, people want high value reprints because it would lower the cost of the reprinted cards. If a demonic tutor was in each of the black decks, then demonic tutor would drop in price dramatically and be more affordable for everyone (assuming that they didn't print a ridiculously small number of decks). When they do things like give decks intentionally shitty manabases or refuse to print obvious includes for a deck (like riptide lab in wizards) it only hurts players, not investors.
>>
>>54836509
>>54836549
na this is the sad world we live in.
I just want to play derevi bird tribal but the stax autists fucked it up for me
>>
>>54836642
But anon who'll think of the poor hardworking investors?

>investing in anything that's not on the reserved list to begin with
>>
>>54836578
This only benefit speculators you retard. So many cards spiked, because they were intentionally not included in these new decks, despite being perfect for the deck.

The other reprints we desperately need will also continue to climb up, because we got none of them as well.
>>
>>54836642
This only works if they print the shit out of the decks. Otherwise they get scalped to hell for having anything of value in them.
>>
File: VampireVamp-PRIO-EN-SR-1E.png (358KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
VampireVamp-PRIO-EN-SR-1E.png
358KB, 308x450px
What's your favorite magic card?

Mine is this one
>>
>>54836642
See i understand your point, but you're missing the fact that Wizards is pants-on-head retarded. If good reprints are included, then it just raises the popularity of their goofy bastardization of the format, which incentivizes them to print silly format breaking commanders.

Demonic tutor in particular is utterly unrealistic, which emphasizes my point of not bitching. It represents too high of a power level for access to standard babies, because it is a 5 mana effect stapled on a two mana card.

What you're complaining about is access to cards. 30 bucks is like three trips for fast food and if you can't afford it, you don't really need it or you'd find a way. As new players come here for spoiler season bitching about the value in decks is just going to encourage those shitty ABUR duals should be reprinted in commander deck teenagers and that's just annoying. Vote with your wallet, by it or don't, but going on tirades about how it's anti player to not reprint expensive cards is ignoring that brand new format breaking commanders that will be expensive, and are something universally preferable when compared to shitty cheap new commanders.
>>
>>54836786
>is just going to encourage those shitty ABUR duals should be reprinted in commander deck teenagers and that's just annoying.

But anon it's unfair that I don't have dual lands that give me an incredibly slight advantage in commander. Do you honestly expect me to play the bajillion other dual lands they've made over the years like some kind of peasant?
>>
Just goldfished Mairsil. Cage Mirror-Mad Phantasm, mill your whole deck, Reanimate Lab Man, Dread Return Mairsil, Cage Lotus Bloom, Flashback Faithless Looting.
>>
>>54836831

Doesn't work
>>
>>54836786
>utterly unrealistic

I hate people like that. It was reprinted in a fuckin Duel Deck when Wizards wasn't retarded. If they never ever reprinted Sol Ring we would have idiots arguing now that the card is too valuable for any product other than Masterpiece/Mythic in a Masters Set.

Maybe fetchlands and other Modern staples shouldn't be reprinted in those, but cards that are only expensive and popular because of EDH, and are in a very low supply absolutely should.
>>
>>54836786
>make the powerful cards extremely expensive, because less people will play them if that's the case

Fuck off. If you want a low powerlevel go play standard.
>>
File: Image (7).png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).png
125KB, 223x311px
>>54835874
So... How does a Daxos Curse deck with Enchantment Tribal sound?

How does it feel to get slapped with an Overwhelming Splendor and Cruel Reality, that both happen to have Hexproof thanks to Greater Auramancy?

Or should I be going with an Aura deck instead?
>>
>>54836866
>Maybe fetchlands

Enemy fetchlands in general need to be reprinted in a non Masters set. Wizards is retarded if they think they can lower the prices via modern masters. Meanwhile non-enemy fetchlands can go for as low as $8.
>>
>>54836864
Which part? Because if it's the Mirror-Mad, read the card.
>Mirror-Mad Phantasm's owner shuffles it into his or her library. If that player does, he or she reveals cards from the top of that library until a card named Mirror-Mad Phantasm is revealed.
The first one means "this card," but the second one is "a card named Mirror-Mad Phantasm." The rulings are even clearer.
>If no card named Mirror-Mad Phantasm is revealed (possibly because it was a card copying Mirror-Mad Phantasm or it was a token), all cards from that library will be put into their owner’s graveyard.
Just let Mairsil go to your deck and dump the whole thing.
>>
>>54836866
But specifically not demonic tutor.

The fastest way to ruin a fun casual format is with two mana tutors, particularly if those tutors are included in an entry level product. Cost as a barrier of entry is a perfectly reasonable way to prevent an arms race because little Timmy isn't going to spend the same cost as his deck for a single card he may never get to play. It's like reprinting blightsteel, elesh norn, or doubling season; nothing good can happen by including them. You can manage a banlist with minimal bans by having prohibitive cost, otherwise you'll wind up with MTGO no-cantrips format.

>>54836894
I have very strong decks, but you're a moron if you think giving casual playgroups overpowered nonsense is going to do anything but make them cry about how it should be banned. Also, 30 dollar is an utterly trivial amount if you have any kind of job. if you want it, you can buy it at that price quite reasonably.
>>
>>54836786
Your first argument is retarded. They aren't allowed to reprint good cards because if they do that then they also have to do an unrelated and retarded thing? That's like saying if you want a new car you have to run down a pedestrian in your old one so you have a reason to dump it.

>What you're complaining about is access to cards. 30 bucks is like three trips for fast food and if you can't afford it, you don't really need it or you'd find a way.

I wasn't bitching about this. I did say that these were the worst cycle of commander decks made so far, which is true, and I don't think anyone has named a worse cycle to argue this point. Some other anon then started bitching and saying how reprints of expensive cards were somehow bad for players though, and I told him that was retarded and I said why.
>>
>>54836950
Demonic Tutor is the format staple since day one, nearly everyone had one in the early days and the format continued to grow.

>Elesh Norn and Doubling Season are so OP

why am I even talking to you
>>
>>54836340
by reprints alone they are all over 100USD
>>
>Couldn't even get a Brushland reprint in the cat deck even though it's been scooped up in Modern and they printed pain lands last year in commander product

Sasuga Wizards.
>>
>>54837005
Yeah, and the box of unwanted draft chaff in your LGS that everyone is free to pick up cards from is worth a few hundred $ by TCGplayer prices by sheer number of cards in it alone. They could include a 100 0.50$ cards and it would still be technically above MSRP.
>>
>>54837029
>Brushland is worth money now
Goddamit all, is nothing sacred anymore, leave my fucking painlands be, you scum.
>>
>>54837029
well it's too expensive now so they can't reprint it, you dummy

magic cards can only be reprinted if they're 5-8 dollars max, after that they become unprintable except as mythic rares in 10 dollar eternal format boosters
>>
>>54836996
They are, when included in a precon designed for new casual playgroups.

>what do you mean you get a Planeswalker emblem the first turn you cast it? How come I can't remove it?
>so I can't play anything weaker than 3 toughness? That's bullshit and unfun, you don't understand the spirit of the format.

I run all those cards, but a brand new player isn't going to know how to deal with it. Even standard players would be in over there head. A master's set or a new standard set with those cards is fine, right now printing them in a precon is dumb.
>>
>>54837050
It's around $12 now but my point is it's absolutely retarded to not reprint it when they reprinted painlands in commander product last year.

It's nice to know the reserve list is "These old cards plus anything over $10" now.

Wizards is completely fucking Modern by not reprinting enemy fetch lands in a non masters set but powerlevel fags would probably say those are too powerful now too.
>>
File: _Harvest_Season.jpg (44KB, 312x436px) Image search: [Google]
_Harvest_Season.jpg
44KB, 312x436px
This card is broken in a token deck, right?
>>
>>54837054
I've seen so many people using this argument unironically lately, it's depressing.
>>
>>54837073
What kind of shitty world do we live in where fucking painlands are too powerful? Checks, painlands and mirrodin fastlands were your cheap manabase of choice if you aren't willing to shell out for fetches, shocks or the ABUR duals.
>>
>>54837078
it's a winmore card, so it's not really broken but it's a fun semi-blowout for casual edh i guess

>>54837081
well, that's how wotc handles their game. if they don't reprint stuff when it's relatively cheap, it becomes really awkward for them to reprint them when it is actually expensive. if they do reprint expensive stuff for cheap autists who hoard expensive cards get mad and wall-street wannabes will scalp that shit
>>
>>54837078
It's ok. It puts them tapped, only searches for basic lands, requires you to have tapped creatures, and is sorcery speed(you can't just suicide your tokens).
>>
>>54837062
Yeah, I have a better idea: let's make those products like Intro Packs! Only unwanted bulk rare, 3 mana-sorcery speed removal, taplands and absolute lack of any value whatsoever. Maybe we could include Cancel, but it could be too confusing for those new players. It's a fun, casual format and they can always buy all those expensive cards from SCG if they really want them after all.
>>
>>54837078
Angry Omnath and similar landfall stuff likes it but it's not all that strong otherwise.
>>
>>54837078
It's not bad. Compare it to boundless realms. It only costs 3 mana but you probably won't have a shitton of creatures out to abuse it turn 3, so you have to cast it about when you would be able to cast boundless realms for wacky returns. Except this can be blown out by cards like rift and rout.
>>
>>54837062
>Elesh Norn and Doubling Season are too powerful for Standard

Wew
>>
Man I'm really glad we got shock land reprints when we did because we'd never get them now with power level and investor bootlicking faggots
>>
>>54837147
Doubling season is legit too stronk though. It would combo with most walkers to win the game.
>>
>>54837171
Your mother is too strong, the only decks Doubling Season sees use in is jank garbage.
>>
>>54837171
It really depends what answers would be printed along with it. It's also a 5 mana card and you need that walker. You could be dead at that point.
>>
How does Savage Summoning interact with Persist creatures, if it does at all?
>>
>>54836900
Blaxos dude here. Gl. Getting those out is kind of hard and they don't do a lot in terms of protection for you. People know how fast daxos gets out of control later on so you gotta stack protection for yourself. Curses aren't a bad subtheme, I just don't run any because all my other stuff dominates my space.
>>
File: 1427928377872.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1427928377872.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
>>54837203
>the only decks Doubling Season sees use in is jank garbage.
>>
>>54836384
>The previous ones always had ~$150 in value (before their launch dropped the prices of everything).
How convenient then, that that's right about where the estimates are putting this set right now:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2017-decklists
>>
Thinking about trying to make a haste/ dash edh deck with Queen Marchesa at the head. Thoughts?
>>
>>54837215
Doesn't. Creatures (except Skullbiar) don't keep counters when they go to the grave. It'll come back with a -1/-1 counter on it. If it had Undying then it wouldn't come back at all.
>>
>>54837314
>No access to green

Also Ogre Battledriver
>>
File: CWHxBOsIMa.jpg (459KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
CWHxBOsIMa.jpg
459KB, 1920x1120px
How would you build this thicc goddess?
>>
>>54837392
Jesus, she got that Innsmouth Look. Waifu dropped.
>>
>>54837392
You mean gross graveyward granny.
>>
>>54837392
That's literally a grandma. Cool card though, think of her as Karador but for instants/sorceries.
>>
Thinking about doing token cats. Should I go with Mirri or Arahbo. Mirri is great for getting my tokens in, but Arahbo provides a lot of value from the command zone and continues to be useful when he comes in. I almost want to do equipment cats, but it's easier to focus on one or the other.
>>
>>54837371
I looked into it but decided id rather have white than green, especially since I couldnt find a green commander who fits. Is this a mistake?
I figured the Queen gives the draw and the blockers that Id need.
>>
If I have a good amount of removal, does it make sense to have counters that are mainly cheaper and target spells only like Negate? Cancel is good and all but that one mana is often a big deal
>>
>>54837392
Do wenn know the lore behind her and were she is from?
>>
>>54837472
I just meant you can't use Fires of Yamivaya which is probably the best card to give all creatures haste.
>>
>>54837440
Are you playing 1v1 or pods? In a pod, Mirri stops all but 1 creature from swinging at you. In a 1v1 Arahbo means your turn 1 cat drop is an absolute powerhouse that can kill your opponent no sweat.
>>
>>54837392
Was gonna cop as my first waifu deck, didn't realise how fugly she is

D R O P P E D
>>
>>54837477
Counterspell and Negate have always been legit for me.
>>
>>54836336
You might be an idiot.
>>
File: 1502474897252.png (554KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502474897252.png
554KB, 400x600px
>>54837523
You gotta Enter the Cage.
>>
>>54837171
>Doubling Season + Planeswalker for instant ultimate/emblem

Even casuals have access to combos like Sanguine Bond+Exsquisite Blood that cost the same amount, are equally fragile, and actually end the game instantly. Doubling Season costs 6x as much as that como though because it's much flashier and more fun.
>>
>>54837506
Probably gonna be 3 player games, but we do 1v1 every now and then. My friends tend to do creature strats (I'm usually the combo player), so I thought I'd give it a try for once.
>>
>>54837171
Why just with one? Use Samut and combo with two. I like both Tamiyos.
>>54837644
Well you can switch them out, depending. Honestly I'd say Mirri. If they've got their creatures but no removal then she'll make them sad and their creatures useless.
>>
>>54837634
The point is that it's too strong for standard, which is currently babby land.

I don't think it would ever be a real contender in a format with bolt or faster decks.
>>
File: ron.jpg (49KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
49KB, 640x481px
>Thread Question
the decks look pretty fun but the mana sucks which hinders the performance. I really dunno why they went with the landbases as they did but out of the box the decks can face each other pretty okay.

I want dragons so the land base is gonna be expensive if I ever decide to fix it up. Vampires looks fun too. I dunno if I'd call this the worst commander product ever, I feel 2013 still had a bunch of lame commanders and some really shit decks out of the box.
>>54836480
Double faced cards aren't in this kind of product because the decks don't come with sleeves.
>>
>>54837078
i think I may replace this in my angry omnath deck. I think I may replace it with a mana dork or a control card.
>>
>>54837713
Eh, you can just use green's ramp for color fixing on top of prismatic omen and that one lantern, there's also cheap shit like painlands, checklands and fastlands, it's not gonna be ideal but it should do the job more than well.
>>
>>54837496
dunno about lore but that she's from Grixis for sure.
>>
Mairsil seems like ridiculous value.
>>
>>54837749
Kess is for value, Mairsil is for jank.
>>
File: ema-76-warden-of-evos-isle.jpg (244KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
ema-76-warden-of-evos-isle.jpg
244KB, 672x936px
>>54837735
Yeah the pain lands come to mind. I'm still working on an Atraxa deck from like last year though and most of that is still land base to fix up so the Dragon deck is gonna be on the back burner until I really decide to start getting back into building decks.

Dragon deck does come with like 3 cost reducers though and I can easily swap the white bird in the deck with Warden of Evos Isle to include a fourth reducer to hopefully increase chances of dragons costing 2 less per game which helps.
>>
File: opfagstalin.jpg (55KB, 294x313px) Image search: [Google]
opfagstalin.jpg
55KB, 294x313px
>>
>>54837767
The Ur-Dragon makes all your dragons permanently cost one less which is actually pretty dumb, don't think I'd run more than like 5 cost reducers in the deck itself.
>>
>>54836915
It would have to be in something like conspiracy, they don't want fetches in standard.
>>
>curse cuck is a 'walker
>inb4 hipster faggots in my un set
Kill me.
>>
>>54837050
>brushland is worth money now

It's like five bucks except for the tenth edition printing.
>>
Where does /tg/ preorder their cards? Never been hyped up enough about spoiled cards to want to do so until now. The cheapest option I can find online for the new decks is $50 on eBay and I know that can't be right.
>>
why cant wizards reprint needed lands in commander? why are so many lands shitty life gain tap lands?
>>
File: kaiba dragon.jpg (59KB, 750x534px) Image search: [Google]
kaiba dragon.jpg
59KB, 750x534px
>>54837784
Yeah I'm not going to bump it to the brim with reducers. The deck already comes with four actually since I forgot Ur Dragon itself.
Ur Dragon
Dragonlord's servant
Dragonspeaker Shaman
Herald's Horn

The bird would probably be the last one unless I somehow got an incubator but I am fine passing that up for a 30 cent alternative. The reduction may be redundant but it will help allow me to smash multiple fatties on the board when I need to make some big pushes.
>>
>>54837836
Anon a new player wouldn't be excited when they find a land in the rare slot. :(
>>
>>54837800
>except for the tenth edition printing

That's the good shit.
>>
>>54837836
>no scry lands
>no pain lands
>no shock lands
>no gilded lotus
>no dynamo
>no man lands

Honestly why the fuck can't wizards just print actually not shit cards in commander stuff?
>>
>>54837836
>why cant wizards reprint needed lands in commander?
Because they want commander precons to get into the hands of little timmy at the LGS, rather than being bought up by Magic: the Investing speculators and traders and disassembled for their valuable mana bases to be slowly injected into the market at a rate that largely avoids price crash.
>>
>>54837857
>a new player wouldn't be excited to not have to pay $50+ on just lands to make the deck not total dog shit
>>
>>54837881
>A new player would understand the value of expensive duals to deck consistency
>When it's badly overstated for casual play
>>
>>54837872
literally just print more, investors will fuck off once they realize there is a billion of them out there and have basically 0 investment potential
>>
>>54837872
I feel like it is incorrect for a business to put so much effort into controlling who buys their product rather than focusing on simply moving a large volume of product to anyone with cash to throw at them
>>
>>54837881
A new player, not someone who's been looking into getting into magic for a while, but someone who just saw a box of cards on a shelf, isn't going to give a shit about their manabase. Almost all players start as Timmys. It's just a question of how quickly they find their new niche.
>>
>>54837713
Honestly, Dragons should be around Red/Green for ramp and fixing and only use the other colors for spells that have a real impact.
Get painlands or BZF lands + Fetches and a bunch of mana dorks and you'll manage.

Or if you wanto to be a supreme shitlord run the morph dragons.
>>
>>54837392
Jesus, some cards are not meant to be seen up close.
>>
>>54837902
>>54837900
I can tell that you know your shit. Maximum profit is made by highest volume, always, and raising prices but selling less will never make more money, even if you have market research.
>>
File: 1502433408836.jpg (90KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502433408836.jpg
90KB, 850x500px
>>54837940
>why can't ALL my cards be waifus?
You're one step away from animu deck sleeves
>>
>>54837964
Mairsil is the best waifu tho.
>>
>>54837945
Or raise the price AND print more.

Wotc hire me you pigs
>>
>>54837971
You need to get in the cage.
>>
>>54837980
GW please go away
>>
>>54837980
are you an economic?
>>
>>54837971
Mairsil is a man (male).
>>
>>54838012
>, the Pretender
You've been duped.
>>
>>54837409
>>54837421
>>54837496
>>54837523
>>54837940

She is from motherfucking Grixis. Nobody gets out of an environment like that looking good. It's amazing she's lived to an age recognizable as age.
>>
>>54837964
Weeb or not, these commanders have atrocious art with almost no appeal. Wizards hires some absolutely terrible artists at times, and these are prime examples (along with original Marchesa)
>>
>>54838022
>>54838012
>>54837971
it's a lady man
>>
>>54838022
>upper middle aged man secretly a cute girl
Sign me the fuck up.

>>54838035
>atrocious art
The art is no where near as bad as people are claiming it to be.
I really can't see the problems with any of the cards besides Ramos looking a bit cheesy up close.
The only issue is the backgrounds being a bit dull in a few of them, otherwise it's still great character art.
>>
>>54838032
Do we even know if she's actually from Grixis? From what I've seen, we have no lore for her yet.
>>
>>54838035
"i don't find a character physically attractive" =/= "the art is bad"

not everything is porn you know.
>>
File: 1468348622375.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468348622375.png
247KB, 539x500px
But if prices crash what will happen to the poor little LGS that bought so many fetchlands and ABUR duals to potentially sell for profit? They suddenly lose a grip of money and shut down! Where will we play card games then?! Wizards has turned on them by printing so much to get it out to the players where they can actually play for fun and allow wizards to go ham with experimentation with cards to be strong!

>>54838035
>Weeb or not, these commanders have atrocious art with almost no appeal.
>No appeal
listen, just because you can't masturbate to it because she it doesn't have a pretty face doesn't make it objectively bad. Kess is actually a pretty cool painting. While the waifu factor is gone I actually like that it's an older woman living in that shit hellscape Grixis.

I'll agree on some other pieces like Ramos though. That thing is lazy 3D model art with no feeling to it. O-Kagachi is pretty boring as well compared to the Kev Walker piece. Every new commander art is inoffensive when it comes to content and technique.
>>
>>54838035
Edgar's art is incredible.
>>
>>54838118
There are eyeballs, teeth, and ribs on the stairs. Grixis is smart money, since they love putting random commanders on Alara. The other bets are Bala Ged, but the bones aren't very Eldrazi, a Phyrexia dominated plane, but it doesn't seem mechanical enough, or Equilor, but we don't know enough about Equilor to be certain.
>>
>Wizards makes a melding of Boros combat, Orzhov life gain, and Rakdos suicide
>then nerf her into the ground
So close, yet so far.
>>
>>54838187
I'm personally hoping for Equilor.
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-12_09-23-59.png (638KB, 1201x412px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-12_09-23-59.png
638KB, 1201x412px
>>54838118
>>
>>54838230
Ah, so it is confirmed after all. I hadn't seen that yet.
>>
File: UgH2dXr[1].jpg (116KB, 1083x525px) Image search: [Google]
UgH2dXr[1].jpg
116KB, 1083x525px
>>54838230
http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/commander-2017-commanders

In case anyone wants to read the others.
It doesn't say the native plane for:
>Arahbo
>Balan
>Inalla
>Licia
>Mathas

So if you're looking to make guesses, those are the fun ones. Personally, I think Licia might be from Ixalan.
>>
File: skully.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
skully.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Relatively new to magic. I grasp the game just fine, but my familiarity with the card base is still developing.

Need tips for cards to run with this as my commander. Mechanically looking for any counter synergy, for flavor I'm focusing on rotten trees, fungus, dead growth, decay etc think necro-compost
>>
>>54838375
Vigor Mortis. Corpsejack Menace. Death's Shadow.
>>
>>54838345

>ixalan

she looks too roman-inspired. Probably a new plane
>>
>>54838345
>Licia might be from Ixalan.
Possible, but doubtful. Ixalan vamps are pale Catholics (Which Fuck you WotC, mesoamerican blood-sacrifice-to-dino-god vamps would have been perfectly fitting for white sun-worshipping vampires) so I would find Mathas to be more likely to be from Ixalan than Licia.
>>
>>54838375
Mazirek
>>
>>54838375
Make a 1+/1+ counter deck

And some guys that buff zombies
>>
>>54838375
Woodfall Primus and Ivy Lane Denizen with any repeatable sac outlet can be on theme and can put you far ahead
>>
>>54838375
Thematically, search gatherer for "Fungus" in rules text or type line

Mechanically, you want to drop as many +1/+1 counters on Skullbriar as you can.
>>
>>54838439
>>54838448
Between the red cape, the eye markings, and the gold armor, it just gives me a feeling.
>>
>>54838496
Do we have a full art of Licia yet?
>>
>>54837735
>there's also cheap shit like painlands

Painlands are no longer cheap thanks to eldrashitters ruining everything with their colorless mana shenanigans.

Fucking Ice Age Brushland is like twelve dollars now, that's complete bullshit.
>>
File: 6ul33VTT4n[1].jpg (507KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
6ul33VTT4n[1].jpg
507KB, 1920x1120px
>>54838530
It's cropped a bit, but I think this is the best they've given.
>>
File: IMG_1874.jpg (48KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1874.jpg
48KB, 223x310px
>>54838375
Cool card kid.
>>
>>54838568
Yeah, that's not Ixalan
>>
>>54838568
WE
>>
File: x8kTZ[1].jpg (33KB, 725x179px) Image search: [Google]
x8kTZ[1].jpg
33KB, 725x179px
>>54838546
>Fucking Ice Age Brushland is like twelve dollars now, that's complete bullshit.

That is indeed complete bullshit.
>>
>>54838569
I'm sure you actually run that in EDH. Good in tons of situations.
>>
>>54838593
I could see it being Mediterranean olive, desu
>>
>>54838546
Eldrazi Tron isn't driving up the price of painlands you dumb shit and it's only Brushland that's going up because of some G/W deck.
>>
>>54838609
Shhh, shut up, our local /pol/tard has to get this out of his system.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 558x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 558x592px
Is anyone willing to review my deck?
I have most of the weird jank smoothed out, but it still needs streamlining, and right now the only wincon is spiraling embers, but i think it works very well.

Heres my ETI Jho deck.

COMMANDER:
-Jhoira of the Ghitu
Basic Land:
-10 Mountain
-10 Island
Land:
-Maze of Ith
-Geier Reach Sanitarium
-Homeward Path
-Reliquary Tower
-Temple of the False God
-Wasteland
-Arid Mesa
-Cascade Bluffs
-Scalding Tarn
-Shivan Reef
-Steam Vents
-Sulfur Falls
-Command Tower
-Lonely Sandbar
-Forgotten Cave
Artifact ramp/Mana Fixing:
-Chromatic Lantern
-Crucible of Worlds
-Darksteel Ingot
-Izzet Signet
-Thought Vessel
-Vessel of Endless Rest
0 Mana ETI ramp:
-Chrome Mox
-Extraplanar Lens
-Grim Monolith
-Lotus Petal
-Mana Crypt
-Mana Vault
-Sol Ring
Utility:
-Spellbook
-Trip Noose
MAIN CARDS:
-Enter the Infinite
-Spiraling Embers
-Omniscience
Tick Tock:
-Jhoira's Timebug
-Paradox Haze
-Clockspinning
-Fury Charm
-Timecrafting
And YOU get to lose!:
-Dualcaster Mage
-Meletis Charlatan
-Nivix Guildmage
-Dual Casting
-Fork
-Twincast
Wheels:
-Whirlpool Warrior
-Timetwister
-Wheel of Fortune
-Windfall
Card Draw:
-Attunement
-Curiosity
-Mystic Remora
-Rhystic Study
-Brainstorm
-Careful Consideration
-Fact or Fiction
-Frantic Search
-Impulse
-Thirst for Knowledge
-Careful Study
-Squee's Revenge
Control:
-Propaganda
-Standstill
-Telepathy
-Cyclonic Rift
-Insidious Will
-Lightning Strike
-Mindbreak Trap
-Remand
-Vandalblast
Tutors/alternate casting cons:
-Mystical Tutor
-Personal Tutor
-Show and Tell
-Spelltwine
Misc. Creatures:
-Archaeomancer
-Consecrated Sphinx
-Gomazoa
-Phantasmal Image
-Spellskite
-Squee, Goblin Nabob
>>
>>54838611
You weren't around for Bant Eldrazi or something? Take a gander at Brushland's price history and see where it spiked.
>>
>>54838611

Nobody is allowed to make a deck if it raises the price of a card I don't have a full playset of.
>>
>>54838626
Post a tappedout link or something next time.
>>
>>54838609

The negroid lips make me think it's a WUZ situation.
>>
>>54838496
fuck I had not seen this art. we are going to have baby trained dinos instead of large beastly awesomes

hopefully a new bop art. I really love the promo from m15 but $$
>>
File: 1414654657759.png (455KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
1414654657759.png
455KB, 625x480px
I want to make a two-color boardwipes, prison, and tax deck, and I'm not sure between Kembal and New Isperia.

Which would you advise? What're some auto includes?
>>
>>54838673
>instead of

What makes you think that?
>>
>>54838672
Go look up some pictures of Italian and Moroccan women. Please.
>>
>>54838673
Gishark is still a thing anon-kun.
>>
>>54837314
Why Marchesa though? Why not Licia since she benefits massively from having haste enablers?
>>
>>54838345
>Personally, I think Licia might be from Ixalan
i thought the same thing. that plume is dinosaur feathers. she is one of the vamquistadors.
>>
>>54838546
I keep saying this but painlands, shocklands, checklands, filterlands, fastlands and, fetchlands should be on rotation.al the other varieties are shit
>>
>>54838735
Considering the golden armor, she could be some sort of guardian of the lost city everyone is looking for.
Just guessing
>>
>>54838745
>no manlands
>he's never gone Crackdown Fumarole
>>
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

GET YER BREWIN HAT ON YE LANDLUBBERS

How would you build him?
>>
>>54838496
Pirates > smelly dumb natives
>>
>>54837964
One thing is not being a waifu, another thing is not being pleasing to look at. Just like Ramos.
>>
>>54837276
>Every new card is 7-15$

You can buy them even from SCG for half the price listed here. And that's pre order pricing. Literally FAKE NEWS.
>>
>>54838796
Things that gives unblockable
Tokens
Conspiracy-effects for Pirate
>>
>>54838796
Grixis Storm :^)
>>
>>54837911
Those players dont even know what rarity is, and shouldnt start Mtg with EDH. Can we stop focusing products on guys who don't play the game?
>>
>>54837147
Yes, objectively they are.
>>
>>54838745

Yeah. There's very little point in them coming up with new varieties of two-color land when everybody only wants to play with a small handful (or one, everyone would just use the real duals if they could).
>>
>At the beginning of your end step

I have noticed a lot more cards are beginning to be printed with abilities like this rather than the more familiar "At the beginning of your up keep". Especially legendary cards intended for commander play.

Is this an attempt to make commander cards weaker?
>>
>>54838439
Is the a Rome-inspired plane/creature or is Theros as close as we have?
>>
>>54838796
You're going to need Intimidation and other effects to get the team past defenses. You will probably need Xenograft and friends to make pirates out of good, evasive creatures. Or you'll make the team basically unblockable and piratize a token swarm. Then STEAL EVERYTHING. If you can poke more than one player with three pirates each, all the better.

He'll never be good but it should be amusing at least. Really want to see what pirates Ixalan has in store though.
>>
>>54838819
That's how it was for the other "$150" ones.
Don't tell me you thought any of them had $150 worth of reprints.
>>
>>54838796
>ability based on combat damag
>requires 3 other creatures
>end step activation
>lord ability doesn't provide evasion (islandwalk)
>>
>>54838888
Elesh Norn's only too powerful for Standard if there's some way of cheating her out. She saw a tiny bit of play from Birthing Pod, but it wasn't until Unburial Rites and Faithless Looting were printed that she was able to really do something, and even then Frites was far from the top deck of the season.
>>
>>54838914
At the beginning of your end step means you get the effect the first turn you play them. It's stronger than "at the beginning of your upkeep".
>>
>>54837765
No way dude. Mairsil lets you have a nearly unremovable combo.

When your combo pieces are already exiled, they have to resort to eldrazi processors or jank to remove it.
>>
Am I crazy for wanting to hardcast Blightsteel as my wincon in a control deck?
>>
>>54838993
>>>requires 3 other creatures
Only requires 2 other creatures
>>
>>54838964
Not him, but when C16 was released, mtg goldfish would give the decks around $220 value, C17 is barely on $150.
>>
>card tells me to shit out -1/-1 counters as much as possible

Any other build strategies I can use instead?
>>
>>54839054
>$220
Only 2 of them were that high, the others were more around $190-$200. But yeah.
>>
>>54839086
Forgot posting this qt
>>
>>54839013
Like aetherwork marvel?

And I understand your point, I find elesh pretty underwhelming for 9 mana, but in a green white deck with cultivate, kodamas reach and whatever mana rocks, it's pretty easy to get it out t5 or t6. if it was standard legal right now it would be a fantastic control finisher, but with reds dominance it wouldn't really see play until someone busts it wide open.
>>
>>54839099
I'm sure there's an infinite combo here.

Put a counter on something, make snake, put counter on snake, snake dies, make new snake, put counter on it, etc, etc.

Infinite dies triggers.

I just don't know what the combo piece to put counters on the snake would be.
>>
>>54839119
>Like aetherwork marvel?

If Elesh Norn had been the biggest dick in town, maybe, but Ulamog easily had a few inches on her.
>>
>>54839144
>>54839099
>Blowfly Infestation
>Flourishing Defenses and/or Nest of Scarabs

You are infinite.
>>
File: canker.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
canker.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54838375
how about this bad boy?
>>
>>54838914
>Is this an attempt to make commander cards weaker?

Stronger. Assuming the effect is positive. You want to be the first to enjoy anything that happens. Otherwise what will happen is that it will go around the table, everyone gets a taste, and when it's about to be your turn somebody just blows it up and you don't get the effect yourself.
>>
File: fuck you infect deck.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you infect deck.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54839174
>>54839099
>>54838375
also this guy
both work with both decks I think
>>
How does Mairsil interact with levelup creatures?
>>
>>54839119
>Norn
>9 mana
She's 7.
>>
>>54839043
I use it in Azusa as Bribery bait, it either kills someone or eats a removal spell so my other things don't.
>>
>>54839119
>I find elesh pretty underwhelming for 9 mana

While Elesh is on the board, in like 99% of situations it means your opponents can no longer possibly win the game. And even if opponent_can_ remove Elesh's she's usually at least a boardwipe that the opponent also had to spend removal on. She's consistently underestimated by people and I don't quite get why.

It's beside the point though because 1) Elesh _was_ in standard and that standard was fine and 2) Commander products aren't standard legal anyway so why gives a fuck what the power level is like in the baby format for dumb babies.
>>
>>54839224
Poorly.
Levelup creatures have a static ability that changes them based on the number of counters they have. The only activated ability Mairsil would get from them is the Levelup ability itself, which is completely useless.
>>
>>54839259
Elesh wont be back in standard until we get more Phyrexian stuff.
>>
>>54839293
I doubt they'd pass up the chance to print a new version of her.
>>
>>54839280
That's what I thought, thanks.
>>
>>54839293
>>54839303
>Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines
>>
>>54839280
It is an interesting question, whether he'd get any activated abilities that unlock on higher Levels. Level up is weird

For that matter, does he get one side or both for Kamigawa Flip creatures? How about DFCs?
>>
>>54839293

If only there was some kind of a product where they could reprint cards without having to care about the storyline.
>>
File: en_iR79ubiOiv.png (167KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_iR79ubiOiv.png
167KB, 265x370px
So if you flicker this guy before you activate his ability, does that initial opponent choice go away? Or can you secretly choose multiple opponents?
>>
>>54838593
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>54839362
*This gal
*Her
Just noticed the tiddies
>>
>>54839259
I never realized just how crushing even -2/-2 to all opponents can be. Especially in this kind of format, it doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal. But tokens, mana dorks, utility creatures, etc that enable bigger spells or creatures all get hosed and you suddenly have a few pretty damn powerful creatures of your own even if they were just utility.
>>
>>54839326
>It is an interesting question, whether he'd get any activated abilities that unlock on higher Levels

No. He wouldn't have the static ability that cares what his level is. It is completely pointless to Cage and levelup creature.

>For that matter, does he get one side or both for Kamigawa Flip creatures? How about DFCs?

In both cases, he has only their starting sides, even if you were to flip him somehow. In any zone other than the battlefield, each only have the characteristics of their starting sides.
>>
>>54839362
It becomes a new creature with no memory of the choice made with the previous version. Good news is, that resets the "activate this ability only once" clause too.
>>
>>54838941
They've said there's enough material for Roman plane to be distinct from Theros.
>>
>>54839428
Thanks!
>>
>>54839458
Sweet, did they say it was likely or just possible?
>>
>>54836005
Crook of Condemnation?
>>
Dimir people, what is your Artifact and enchantment removal package?

Cyclonic Rift, O-Stone and Nev Disk don't seem like enough. Bouncing + Wheels seems too janky.
>>
>>54839458

Of course they'll make Roman plane a different place from the Greek plane. Their creativity is limited to copying real-world shit after all. If they don't pace themselves, they'll soon be through all the famous cultures and be left with shit like Maldivian plane.
>>
>>54837923
I'm thinking going pretty budget and just doing BFZ lands, basics, buddy lands since they are coming back in Ixalan and probably the SOI show and tell lands. Keep the tempo up but still have access to colors and ramp.
>>
>>54839475
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/128424118363/is-there-really-enough-design-space-left-in-roman
>>
File: 46[1].jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46[1].jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>54839509
>>
>>54839522
Great, thanks.

More excited for Warhammer 2 The Gathering but still, one day would be nice
>>
>>54839509
I use kill switch for artifacts
>>
>>54839509
>Karn Liberated
>Scour from Existence
>Spine of Ish Sah
>Unstable Obelisk

If you're using artifact manipulation, Spine is a mainstay.
>>
>>54839513
>still no Mesopotamian plane
Patiently waiting.
>>
>>54839530
That card makes sense to me in monoblack, but my deck doesn't feel tokeny right now. I'll probably snag one soon just to have though, if it isn't over 20.

>>54839584
Hm. Never though about that. I wonder how well that would work against the decks I face.

>>54839590
Yeah, it seems expensive colorless single target is all I can do. Maybe Perilous Vault.

They need to print more O stone variants.
>>
File: IMG_7930.jpg (261KB, 1060x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7930.jpg
261KB, 1060x750px
Quick question. If you manage to hit an Opponent who currently controls Sigarda Host of Herons with Wasitora, does that trigger the token creation or does the ability fizzle?
>>
>>54839630
You get your cat.

After all, he can't.
>>
>>54839509
I used to have a Ramirez deck whose unofficial motto was "Why destroy when you can gain control?"

His official motto was probably "Hey first strike's good, you won't be laughing if I resolve a Sword of Kaldra".

These days I'd just recommend more counterspells.
>>
>>54839514
That sounds pretty reasonable. Get Thunderbreak Regent as another early beater, sadly there aren't many good 4 CMC dragons.

There's also the Mirage fetches, at least the BR one should be pretty cheap due to it's reprint.
>>
>>54837634
>Doubling Season + Samut
You can't not see that problem with this being in standard.
>>
>>54839671
>sadly there aren't many good 4 CMC dragons

There are a lot more if you're playing The Ur-Dragon.
>>
>>54839630
It's written as "can't" instead of "doesn't" for that very reason.
>>
File: Balance.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Balance.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
It is time to free Balance
>>
>>54839801
It is time to leave Balance in gay baby jail.
>>
>>54838345
Inalla might be from Dominaria, since it does mention her being from a conclave and I don't know of any other mage conclaves than the Conclave of Mages on Dominaria that Mairsil was a part of.

Arahbo looks like he's pretty much just a divine entity and the cat equivalent to the Ur-Dragon, so either he's plane-ess or also Dominarian.

It's a safe bet Balan is from Theros, considering his look, his clothing and his surrounding area.

Mathas and Licia could be from anywhere. With Licia I'd assume she's from Kephalai, as that fits the buildings around her as well as her roman appearance. Mathas really can't be put on any specific plane, since we just know that Vampires exist but that they're not numerous. If I had to guess, I'd say he's from Fiora.
>>
File: akh-91-festering-mummy.jpg (102KB, 488x680px) Image search: [Google]
akh-91-festering-mummy.jpg
102KB, 488x680px
>find a cool fucking card that gives Hapatra a nice blowjob
>not even edhrec knows about this card

What the fuck?
>>
>>54838796
>him
Beckett seems like a gender-neutral name and those clothes sure look like they're a dress.
>>
File: dtk-233-swift-warkite.jpg (265KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
dtk-233-swift-warkite.jpg
265KB, 672x936px
>>54839671
Yeah Thunderbreak Regent and Skyline Despot are the first two dragons I wanna make some room for. This dude seems pretty cool too for some light reanimator stuff for the creature based reducers so I may want to play with him as well.
>>
>>54839844
Stop.
Are we going to do this with every new legendary?
>>
>>54839828
Mathas almsot certainly isn't from an existing plane, or at least not from one we have anything beyond a random planechase card hint of. I actually think he's probably coming from somewhere in the pipeline on the basis that his brand has a very distinct symbol on it and it seems weird to come up with it without giving it a meaning.
>>
>>54839873
I'm serious, I do think that Beckett is a woman.

Not to mention that "4 Pirate Queens of Ixalan" would be a neat concept.
>>
>>54839841
>put 1 -1-1 counter
>no built in recursion
>have to waste resources bringing it back and then getting it killed

real shit desu with you senpai
>>
>>54839844
>>54839873
>>54839893
For all we know they are a fucking lizard person. Just wait until we get a better visual of the art.
>>
>>54839881
I thought he was just Innistrad's version of Thot patrol that went around hunting the dudes who are so weird that even the weirdos throwing blood orgies every night didn't want them.
>>
>>54839918
Nah, that can't be, we already have Vraska as the local reptile pirate, you silly anon.
>>
>>54839927
As far as I know we have absolutely no indication of any of that so you just made that up in your head from whole cloth dude.
>>
>>54839915
>have Hapatra as your commander
>cheap guy you can summon
>cheap guy dies, debuffs an enemy and you get a free snake token

>waste resources
What
>>
>>54839951
Hence why I indicatited it was my assumption.
The setting in his art is pretty reminicsent of Innostrad, although he's dressed more like a human than the vampires of that plane.
>>
>>54839973
That's a great idea, anon! for Tiny Leaders
>>
File: IRghTaz1TT_b[1].jpg (90KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
IRghTaz1TT_b[1].jpg
90KB, 1200x500px
>>54839927
He doesn't have the eyes to be an Innistrad Vampire.
>>
File: stf167_stalking[1].jpg (83KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
stf167_stalking[1].jpg
83KB, 600x439px
>>54840022
Innistrad vampires have spooky glowing eyes, as a rule.
>>
>>54840022
Just noticed his runic leather outfit. That seems really distinctive too.
>>54839988
Well I know but it seemed like a lot of assumptions to make.
>>
>>54840022
I wonder if we might have seen those runes on his clothes somewhere before.
>>
>>54839881
He's a furniture salesman, along with his brother.
>>
>>54840022
>he's actually clean shaven with neat hair
Completely different from what I originally saw.
>>
>>54840113
He actually looks like kind of a fucking nerdlord.
>>
>>54839973
You are wasting a card in your hand. He is a dead draw 99% of the times.
>>
>>54837078
I swung in on my buddy for 34 on turn 5 in my Hapatra shitbrew last night after using this to ramp into a craterhoof. It's alright.
>>
>>54840149
No exaggerations in this post.
>>
>>54838345
Never noticed that Arabho has stripe. It's a Liger?
>>
>>54840185
Right.
>>
What mechanics do youw ant more cards with?

Someone was just mentioning Leveling cards, which I loved when I first started playing.

My favorite mechanic is Buyback, I want more of those, especially good green ones.
>>
>>54840228
Remove hexproof.
Bring back shroud.
>>
File: gbxQikeec1[1].jpg (802KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
gbxQikeec1[1].jpg
802KB, 1920x1120px
>>54840211
It's a Cat Avatar, so it's some vague overarching "CAT" archetype kind of thing, rather than anything specific.
>>
>>54840228
I would love for level to come back or at least reprints of the level creatures.
>>
I just think C17 looks boring. Especially the dragon deck, with 5 of the slots being FRF dragons and absolutely zero color fixing.
>>
>>54839513
>a plane copying a culture that copied another culture

How deep can we go?

Also creative is so fucking bland that the Rome plane is going to be reskinned Theros with legionnaires.
>>
>>54840211
It's supposed to be EVERY cat, all at once, from what I gathered, just like the Ur-Dragon is supposed to be every type of dragon in one.
>>
>>54840245
I want to pet this cat.

Totally gonna call him Rastabro.
>>
>>54840270
They explicitly didn't combine greek and roman stuff into one plane because they felt they had enough different stuff from greek plane to make a distinct roman plane. Maro even specifically said what it would partially be about if they did do it.
>>
>>54840228
Constant Mists is amazing and has won me a couple games.

But yeah that's it.
>>
>>54840228
I want more cards with Dredge and Flashback.
>>
>>54840312
And I'm explicitly telling you that creative is so unimaginative and pop culture understanding of Rome is so shallow that it's going to be Theros with legionnaires.
>>
>>54840245
Dunno how I'd got about making a deck for multiplayer with him but I do like the card.
>>
>>54840347
It LITERALLY can't be "Theros with legionnaires" because creative themselves decided that there was enough distinct pop culture notions of Rome that they could make something so different from Theros that they couldn't just combine them.
>>
>>54840372
>check what cats there are
>pick all the decent ones
>give your stuff trample and/or hexproof and/or flying
>go face 24/7
It's easy, really.
>>
File: lostleonin4[1].jpg (91KB, 468x461px) Image search: [Google]
lostleonin4[1].jpg
91KB, 468x461px
>>54840372
Randomly swing for lethal out of nowhere.
>>
>>54840401
>>54840409
The deck is literally going to be cats with sticks on them.
>>
>>54840372
You probably won't win entire games very often but if you just build the 1v1 version youll at least kill a guy or two I Think every time.
>>
>>54840395

>Alt theros timeline where all the gods are dead
>Empires built from the ruins of city states they crushed wage glorious war sending bodies to their deaths to bury the corpses of gods ever deeper.
>>
>>54840465
>>54840465
>>54840465

New thread. You may instead post in that thread any time you would post in this thread.
>>
>>54840372
>play some cats
>suddenly raksha
>carve huge chunks out of everyone's life totals
>>
>>54840252
same, the wizards deck looks ok but at the end of the day c17 is just so boring looking
>>
>>54840395
Let's hold your hand through this.

>Be design
>Take half greek myths and make a plane demonstrating shallow understanding of greek mythology
>Take other half of greek myths and add legionnaires
>Make a plane demonstrating shallow understand of roman mythology
>Rake in shekels
>>
File: Cerberus.webm (2MB, 830x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cerberus.webm
2MB, 830x1080px
>>54836784
Mine's this.
>>
>>54839973
How new are you to this game?
>>
>>54836400
Shut up faggot
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.