[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 44

File: meren.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
meren.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
From the Grave edition

Previous: >>54826098

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Full C17 deck lists
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Thread question
Did you preorder any c17? If so, are you salty? If Not, are you planning to buy?
>>
First for Blue is for Gays from Texas.
>>
File: 1380604814946.gif (369KB, 373x240px) Image search: [Google]
1380604814946.gif
369KB, 373x240px
>>54830627
>Did you preorder any c17?
Nope
>If so, are you salty?
n/a
>If Not, are you planning to buy?
I have never bought a card that has had its first printing in a Commander product.
>>
>>54830627

People actually preorder commander products?
>>
>>54830627
Preordered Wizards. Canceled when the lists dropped; ordered Mairsil instead. Trying to figure out the best set of combos with him. The way I see it, he breaks down into
>combo pieces
>value cage targets
>tutors/draw
>answers
>lands
>>
>>54830646
I too, am from Texas- and I disagree. Blue is acceptaple, white is for gays.
>>
File: laughing_whores.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whores.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>54830646
wrong state buddy :^)
>>
>>54830661
There was a thing to preorder all 4 for $99, so I did.
>>
>>54830627
yes
>If so, are you salty?
kinda? i feel like vampires are shit and boring and dragons are literally just my scion of ur the dragon deck but other than that its cool. the cats deck is way better than i thought it was going to be
>If Not, are you planning to buy?
i already did
>>
>>54830672
>check out this sjw

Did your interracial boyfriend furkin tell you to type that?
>>
first for being mad at other card games having better waifus
>>
>>54830627
>Preorder
Nope
>Salty
Nope
>Planning to buy
Maybe wizards
I tried proxying up the wizards deck but didn't like the draw-go style I ended up with, went back to player my low-power Breya list. I love powerful formats like Legacy but my playgroup isn't anywhere near there yet.
>>
>>54830646

>>54830672
I play White as if it were Blue so thats about right.
>>
>>54830661
They do after Atraxa wasn't available for MSRP on release date (unless you wanted to go hunting in Walmart). After that, it only went up.

Pre ordering C17 would fuck over those ppl though.
>>
>>54830690
Ah. Alright yeah, that I would have done.
>>
>>54830690

Mine disappeared on Amazon. I'm pissed.

I want my product or they shouldn't be allowed to offer.

In fact, I'm going to call the mayor and give him an ear full.
>>
>>54830627

>actually reading Meren for the first time

Holy shit. Why play anything else?
>>
File: MAD.jpg (41KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
MAD.jpg
41KB, 497x732px
>Only LGS in town is scalping precons at $41.99

I can get Walmart ones for cheap thanks to employee discount but holy fuck
>>
>>54830804
Because you have some self-respect and don't play hyper-pushed jew commanders.
>>
>>54830804
Because everything else is more fun
>>
EDH Music

Post yours. No gay shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai1V7kaFBk
>>
>>54830627
>preorder
I never preorder anything

>Salted
Naw

>Buy
Cats because Mirri and Nahzan are some mad bullshit.
>>
>>54830847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aWRh0IkRtc

When playing Lim-Dul. So much flavor.
>>
>>54830831
They are probably super salty they didn't push prices of Atraxa last year.
>>
>>54830627
No preorder, planning to grab Cats, Vampires and Dragons. Dragons is getting taken apart to be reworked using my Naya dragons deck that I cannot make click for the life of me. The other two are gonna be Nazahn Tron and straight Vampire tribal. It feels weird since I already have a Marduchesa Aristocrats deck, but Edgar just looks so damn fun.
>>
>>54830890
Serious question: do they make this purposely lame? The heavy ass guitar, ridiculous lyrics, and that art... It's not made seriously.
>>
>>54830937
It's power metal. It's meant to be fun and over-the-top.
>>
File: oloro.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
oloro.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54830847

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs
>>
>>54830957
Alright, as long as it isn't like those dude from Denmark who think they're badass.
>>
File: 1496384702713.jpg (109KB, 580x571px) Image search: [Google]
1496384702713.jpg
109KB, 580x571px
>>54830627
I was, then the lists came out. They all suck.
>>
>>54830973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xcybdis1k
>>
>>54830847
My group tends to listen to this, because it doesn't get in the way.

https://youtu.be/hX3j0sQ7ot8
>>
Next thing for me is BUG Sidisi. That's a long term project though. since I got fired last week
>>
>>54830909
>Naya dragons
Who's the general?
>>
>>54830847
The theme of Timmy

https://youtu.be/Uk4Nu_5vSR0?list=PLZQv-kwFHLN2LMKVvK0BJ_DI_Zi-FMNPB
>>
>>54831029
From where?
>>
File: IMG_9362.jpg (310KB, 468x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9362.jpg
310KB, 468x490px
>sperg gets mad at long turns
>plays knoladge pool next turn
>>
>>54831055
>knoladge
>>
>>54830847
>boardwipe

https://youtu.be/7XmDYJBZZdc?list=PLZQv-kwFHLN2LMKVvK0BJ_DI_Zi-FMNPB
>>
File: Blue eyes white dragons.png (2MB, 999x759px) Image search: [Google]
Blue eyes white dragons.png
2MB, 999x759px
>Did you preorder any c17? If so, are you salty? If Not, are you planning to buy?
No. Still kind of want to pick up dragons because yugioh memories and vampires looks pretty fun to play.
>>54830847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIri9YLHpOg
As non gay as you can get
>>54831027
It's so weird but it makes me happy to see that channel linked in this thread. You and you're friends got nice taste, anon.
>>
For the guy that was askin for a decklist for my Jenara morphs, here ya go.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-jenara-is-a-lie-or-the-morph-deck-that-could/

It's not the greatest deck, I focus more on the theme of the deck then "how fast can i break the game"
>>
File: epicenter.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
epicenter.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
How do the worst colors in edh get some of the best tempo cards in the game?
>>
>>54831312
It's also changed a bit from this version as well, if you want the latest list i can give ya that too
>>
>>54831281
Actually the best thing I've ever seen in any of these threads.
>>
>Thread Question
1. I didn't preorder any because y'all make me feel like a scrub because my 3 out of 4 of my decks are edited precons
2. No, maybe, idk. My friend is getting cats and 5c always seemed like an expensive gimmick to me. The other 2 are in colors I already have decks for. Also eminence is lame cancer.
3. The only one I'd buy would be Vamps but I do want Dimir Taigim for Sidisi.

Decks
>Nekusar.dec
>Oloro.dec
>Roon.dec
>Marduchesa Prison/Goodstuff

Oloro i'm selling to a friend soon, I don't like roon but Derevi is cancer, and I don't win enough with Nekusar but keep him around to keep large on a clock.

>>54831043
Tourist trap is my hometown. It probably needed to happen. Been there so long it was toxic.
>>
>>54831281
Ur-Dragon seems pretty swell for running out loads 'o dragons and Ramos can be either a fatty or a combo machine. Plus it comes with Scion of the Ur-Dragon if you want to go that way instead.
>>
>>54831033
>54831033
Currently Gahiji. Not quite enough huge dudes to justify Mayael and my meta delets Marath on sight after all the combo shit we've seen with her. Gahiji usually shaves off a turn from the clock on me being able to kill.
>>
>>54831405
I'd play with Ur Dragon in the command zone for the reduction and run a bunch of reducers. Warden of Evo Isle, The new horn, the goblin, the dragonspeaker shaman. Urza's incubator would be good too but I'm fine passing that up.

I just wanna drop fat fuckers and slam into some faces.
>>
>>54831441
Post it, I'm making Naya Dragons with Rith as the commander, I kinda want to see your take on it
>>
>>54831454
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahijis-unstoppable-dragon-army/

It's a bit of a mash from the Marath toolbox I tried to run and just hated and full on Timmy madness. Sometimes it runs roughshot over the table on turn 7, sometimes I sit there and get reamed.
>>
What do you usually Praetor's Grasp for (or whatever allows you to search an opponent's deck and take stuff)??

Early/Mid/Late game

Also assuming that you're not in need of an answer to an immediate threat
>>
>>54831318
Because red is the best color in EDH
>>
>>54831628
Always pull a combo piece or a board wipe I don't want to see.
>>
File: green.jpg (200KB, 941x448px) Image search: [Google]
green.jpg
200KB, 941x448px
What's a good deck to jam these magnificently evil cards into
>>
>>54831635
that's a funny way to say green.
>>
>>54831628
Why bother using it at all? It's effectively an overcosted Demonic Tutor that has zero guarantee of getting you a useful card. The only benefit is bad manners and that'll just get someone to grudge match you and get focused on harder.
>>
Anyone got some secret spice for a Sek'kuar 'incremental advantage' type deck?
>>
>>54831628

Combo Pieces or particularly mean hate cards both seem like the ideal candidates.
>>
>>54831661
>greenfag can't naturally topdeck exactly what he needs, when he needs it
>>
How much is your LGS charging for the decks? I got my vampire deck for 30$ exactly, and they had a deal for all 4 for 110$, but fuck that.
>>
>>54831668
>The only benefit is bad manners
t.shitter-shattered Johnny
>>
>>54831780
No, seriously. Outline how this is better than a card that searches your own library.
>>
>>54831668
Why wouldn't I want to make use of my opponent's resources and deprive them at the same time? Especially if you know the decks you're facing, you can break their backs at best or, at worst, take a Sol Ring.
>>
>>54831795
>I have a lightning greaves
>you do not
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>54831736
>get all 4 decks under msrp
>but fuck that
Are you retard?
>>
>>54831804
Because you know exactly what your own resources are and know for a fact they'll meaningfully benefit your gameplan.

>you can break their backs at best
Preventing an opponent from winning the game is a lot worse than winning the game yourself.
>>
>>54831641
And if they have redundancies?
>>
>>54831730
Hate cards definitely. I've stolen an Iona or two, feels good.

>>54831842
Doing the former helps the latter.
>>
>>54831731
>not playing green in EDH
But you're right I can't top deck what I need when I need it
Protip: Because I don't need to.
>>
>>54831826
That's some incredibly weak shit. Unless your opponent is running a million tutors, there was no guarantee they'd have ever even drawn into their Greaves, and it could be in their hand instead. Besides which, searching up Lightning Greaves isn't really the most exciting and game-ending play.
>>
>>54831857
Doing the latter IS the latter.
If you can search a card from your own deck that you know will actively allow you to attempt to close out the game, it's significantly more effective than maybe, possibly, kind of sort of stopping someone else.
>>
>>54830627
I preordered and I'm not sorry. It's worth it enough, I had reasonable expectations, and I definitely want one of all the new cards so I might as well get the reprints. The new legends will make for some new decks too.
>>
I've mostly gotten out of Magic, selling off everything of value but my Mizzix deck and the stuff I had set aside for Shirei. Is there anything cheap worth picking up in singles for either?
>>
>>54831831
All the decks/reprints are pretty bad honestly- not a very exciting cycle of commander sets. I am only getting vampires because my 3 buddies are getting the other decks.
>>
>>54831893
>Doing the latter IS the latter.

Then what's the point in using removal or counters? After all, preventing an opponent from winning the game is a lot worse than winning the game yourself.
>>
>>54831953
Because removal and counters answer an immediate threat. Using Praetor's Grasp as anti-combo tech is fighting shadows off in the distance.
>>
>>54831654
Yisan.
>>
>>54831986

It's more reassuring to know that my opponents won't be able to tutor for their hate cards or combo pieces and kill me out of nowhere.
>>
>>54832046
Well, if you'd played a tutor to search your own library, you'd have the reassurance of being the one trying to kill someone out of nowhere.
>>
Big ups to the guy who suggested removing all taplands in favour of basics. Running a lot of mana rocks here and I'm not really seeing much of a difference aside from a much faster deck.
>>
>>54832060
And if they're ahead?
>>
>>54832060

Maybe you're not running a combo wincon? Not every deck has to be a combo deck. If you want to win by being big creature slug fest then it'll give you more room to play aggressive, because your opponent can't just tutor for his 3 card infinite turn combo.
>>
>>54832083
Then you'd be better off finding something to directly fight them than just maybe hopefully shutting off a tutor.
>>
File: 1489415674678.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1489415674678.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
QUICK GUYS HELP ME.

IM GOING TO BUY THE WIZARDS DECK

POST SOME STAPLE WIZARDS SO I CAN ABUSE THEM IN THE DECKS, I WANT TO HAVE MAXIMUN FUN FACTOR WHILE STILL HAVING GOOD CHANCES OF WINNING.

HELP ME OUT HERE
>>
>>54832110
I'm not playing blue and there's a high chance he can combo off in the next few turns. Denying him his resources is objectively the best play as the alternative is to look for an answer I don't have and lose. Being able to cut up your opponent's resources is incredibly powerful. There's a reason Mind Twist was banned in 1v1.
>>
>>54832137
Haven't played in a while, but last I remember, Azami, Lady of Scrolls is great in any Wizard deck.
>>
>>54832071
The only taplands worth running are Manlands, possibly Scrylands, and utility like Boseiju or Bojuka Bog. Even Karoos are questionable. Just fixing for colors is never worth it.
>>
>>54832143
Costing your opponent the chance to tutor for something is not even slightly comparable to costing your opponent actual cards in hand.

>>54832090
Then you're better off playing a card that actually stops your opponent in a meaningful way, like Stranglehold or other legitimate hate cards, or something that actually furthers your gameplan, like something to help you play your big creature slugfest. It doesn't further your own goals and it only possibly, slightly interrupts your opponent's.
>>
>>54832143
You sound like the sort of person who thinks mill is "so good" because you could mill their wincon and then what will they do!?
>>
>>54832154
Yeah I kept the utility and replaced the fixing shitters with basics. It's been so rare to run into a situation where I lack the colour I need and I don't sit there turn after turn waiting to play things. Hell, with these rocks I'm ramping faster than ever.

The sheer number of turns wasted thanks to Dimir Aqueduct.
>>
>>54832196
Yeah, denying them their win condition for 3 mana is weak.
>>
>>54832201
You're the sort of person to completely misunderstand what they're reading.
>>
>>54832225
>Their win condition
Yes, their singular win condition. The only one they have. Because EDH decks are notorious for having only a single card their entire strategy is contingent on.
>>
>>54832225
You may not even accomplish that, it can't hit their hand. Additionally, again, it's basically only anti-tutor tech because there was no other way to be certain they were going to get it. It's a slightly more useful Sadistic Sacrament and a significantly worse Demonic Tutor.
>>
I was gong to order Vamps for any potential mardu toys and was planning on building Vamps at some point anyways.

But then the list came out and everything was ass except for seductive lord that steals things and the new ultra-fog that gives all your shit phasing. I'm not entirely sold on Mardu for vamps either, I think Marchessa 1.0 might be a better leader.
>>
>>54832225
If you want to stop combos, there are dozens of legitimate hate cards that would do it much, much better.
>>
>>54832288
They had the potential to be great but I think they're holding out for Ixalan's vamps. Still would have loved an OG Olivia in there though.
>>
>>54830627
>Did you preorder any C17?
Nope.
>Are you planning to buy?
If I don't pick up a Wizard deck, I'm definitely going to be looking for an Inalla or a Mairsil to build around. Otherwise, I'm just gonna pick up singles.
>>
I pretty much quit Magic a year ago. I have very few cards beyond junk bulk commons, with some exceptions primarily in black. Among the many, many reasons I quit was that the only thing I found fun in Magic anymore was combo, which everybody I played with hated playing against. I've been tempted to start playing again, but build midrange this time. Are there any decent, cheap ways to build midrange?
>>
>>54830627
Is there actually any online retailer that is selling the decks for MSRP?
I'm only planning on geting one (Vampire), but I'd rather not get jewed if I can help it.
>>
>>54832349

do your friends play EDH? If not then you'll probably want to check out the standard or modern general instead. there are definitely plenty of ways to play a midrange style deck in EDH.
>>
>>54832349
I think Meren is a great midrange commander.
>>
>>54832355
Just scour your local Targets and/or Walmarts early release day.
>>
>>54832349
Marchesa can be pretty cool for midrange
>>
>>54832359
I have 3 friends who play EDH: One runs Slivers, one runs Horde of Notions aggro, and one runs Wort burn. There's also a weekly EDH day at the LGS, where half the players are middle-aged neckbeards with $2000+ blinged-out competitive decks, and the other half are "Mill is OP, ban all netdeckers!" shitters.
>>
File: Inalla-Archmage-Ritualist.png (179KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Inalla-Archmage-Ritualist.png
179KB, 265x370px
Help me make cuts for Inalla?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inalla-prototype/

Disregard the manabase, I'll tweak that later
>>
File: c17-21-vindictive-lich.jpg (97KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
c17-21-vindictive-lich.jpg
97KB, 672x936px
>>54832368
>>54832390
Meren so you can abuse Spore Frog and pic related.
>>
>>54832390
In that case, what colors do you want, and how good are your friends and/or their decks?
>>
>>54832368
>>54832379
I'd prefer to stick to something monocolor if possible. I want to spend as little money on it as possible.
>>
File: IMG_7927.jpg (39KB, 570x157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7927.jpg
39KB, 570x157px
Are the Mirage Fetchlands an okay upgrade for 5C Dragons? I'm not usually in a super competitive meta, and not really interested in spending $200+ for the Khans/Zendikar fetches and another $100 on shocks.
>>
>>54832420
Normally I try to not buy cards that cost more than a dollar, but damn if I'm not going to buy that fucker and throw him in my Meren deck.
Almost creamed my pants when he got spoiled.
>>
>>54832146
Fortuitously Azami's in the wizard precon.
>>
>>54832422
Black is my favorite color to play by far, and I have some decent stuff left from gutting my old Animar deck. My friend who runs Slivers isn't great, but I don't face her often also (and usually she'll only play if her boyfriend, who refuses to play with anything less than a 300 card deck, also plays). The guy with Horde of Notions is pretty good, and has a pretty consistent deck. The Wort player has this weird tendency to get on streaks of being amazing a couple games in a row, and then if he loses even once he falls apart for a while.
>>
>>54832423
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/commander-purphoros-god-of-the-forge-38315#paper

How's about something like this?
>>
>>54832428
They're pretty useless if you don't have shocks.
>>
>>54832466
Not a big fan of Purphoros, and a few of my friends are convinced that Purphoros is OP cancer, which I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>54832428
I don't see how those are any better than a normal dual color tapland if you're not playing shocks or some other lands that are dual typed.
>>
>>54832423
The awkward thing about monocolor is that it usually requires a handful of very expensive artifacts/lands to work smoothly. Mono-black is strong, but without specific creatures like Crypt Ghast you'll have to lean hard on colorless cards to nail down all your bases. I'd recommend a Gruul commander like Omnath, Locus of Rage- it and other Gruul generals like Xenagos work off of commonly and cheaply available ramp effects that synergize extremely well due to them scaling with how much mana you're spending. Add in the fact that these strategies can consistently turn on green's creature-dependent card draw, and you have a solid deck. I know from personal experience that Omnath can be built competently and decently tuned for under $150, tip to tail.
>>
>>54832489
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/commander-freyalise-llanowar-s-fury-35860#paper

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/commander-shirei-shizo-s-caretaker-38246#paper

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/commander-sram-senior-edificer-38509#paper

Look through here and just keep an eye out for <$150 mono-color decks:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/commander/full#paper
>>
File: 297[1].jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
297[1].jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54832496
>>54832428
To be honest, at the point you're playing those, you'd be much better off just playing the tri-color taplands.
>>
>>54832423
You don't have to spend much money with Meren to get good mana consistency because of all the cheap recursion ramp you can get from green.
Sakura-Tribe Elder, Satyr Wayfinder, Viridian Emissary, etc.
>>
File: 1500850950841.png (210KB, 1573x341px) Image search: [Google]
1500850950841.png
210KB, 1573x341px
>>54832428
You use them to get your Shock lands no reason to use them if you arent going to use Shocks, might as well just use Vividlands.

Shocklands is the best investment to do when it comes to commander because they are used everywhere and having 1 of each ensures you got a healthy manabase for whatever you wanna build.

Get some cheap shocks they arent even fucking expensive and will last fucking forever, its not a matter of being competitive, its a matter of having fun casting your spells on time with the correct mana.
>>
>>54832538
I believe the dragon deck comes with the tri-color taplands. Fetchland combined with a dual-typed land will get you whatever color you need.
>>
File: Doran, the Siege Tower_LRW.jpg (246KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Doran, the Siege Tower_LRW.jpg
246KB, 672x936px
>>54832457
You ever thought about Doran?
>>
File: IMG_0987.jpg (293KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
293KB, 672x936px
Is Sygg, River Cutthroat going to get me hated out?

Which Big Black Mana™ is win-more/trap card?

Pic related is a good example of a mana accelerator which will not be included. Extraplanar Lens seems a worthwhile keep if only for tutoring w/ Trophy Mage.
>>
>>54832500
My friend who runs Horde used to run GR Omnath, until he got bored of it, and a bunch of other people told him it was "too combo" and "too Yugioh". Is Mogis any good for midrange stuff?

>>54832519
I actually have some cards from before I quit that I set aside for a Shirei deck, I just never bought him. Shirei might be what I do.

>>54832576
How does Doran work?
>>
>>54832428
One trick for a cheap 5c manabase is just make sure at least 2/3rds of your lands tap for Green and play all sorts of things like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, etc.
>>
So where's the best place to play edh online?
>>
>>54832580
Nirkana Revenant, as cool as she is
>>
>>54832594
>How does Doran work?
Throw in relatively cheapish stuff with more toughness than power, drop Doran, and suddenly that 4 mana 2/10 is swinging for the fences.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mix-a-lot-the-siege-tower/

Kind of an outdated list, but this should give you the gist at least.
>>
>>54832428
Evolving Wilds, many Signets, and >>54832538
>>
>>54832617
xMage is the best place

MTGO is too expensive
Cockatrice is a clusterfuck and not enjoyable to pilot
xMage is basically MTGO but 100% free
>>
>>54832568
>>54832596
>>54832496
>>54832478
>>54832538

Sorry, I phrased that unclearly. I am planning on getting the shocks I need, I was just pointing out how expensive the land base is overwise.
>>
File: Image (127).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (127).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Use with Neheb2.0 Y/N?
>>
>>54832634
Seems like it might be fun with Genju of the Fields, and Tower Defense becomes a 2-mana +5/+5 to everything. Assault Formation could be a nice manasink, and Conclave's Blessing and Aven Warcraft could both be nice finishers if I go wide with this. I'm kinda liking the idea. It's more aggro than anything I'd ever played before, but maybe that's what I need for Magic to be interesting again.
>>
>>54832707
Seems kind of pointless to me, Neheb will give you mana way more efficiently already.
>>
File: 128[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
128[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54832681
Then that means >>54832596 actually becomes a much more effective strategy. You get to use Farseek, Nature's Lore, Spoils of Victory, Wood Elves, Ranger's Path, and/or Skyshroud Claim. I'd also recommend Krosan Verge.
>>
Trying to cut 4 cards from Atraxa Superfriends. Suggestions?

https://deckstats.net/deck-13791080-c7f3e1d337ea5a063359b8027ea77140.html
>>
>>54832681
Oh, yeah. Well, I don't think there are mana requirements as demanding as 5 colors, so i would expect it to be the most expensive manabase possible.
>>
>>54832746
Actually, thanks to >>54832596 and>>54832740, 5c can be less demanding than trying to build Yore-Tiller colors.
>>
>>54832743
Cut Kiora?
>>
>>54832729
I figured it could be a way to store whatever might be left of the floating on turns your don't use the PCMP {R}/untapped lands
>>
>>54832796
True, but I think it should be recognized that you are giving up non-land slots to manafix.
Definitely ideal money-wise though.
>>
>>54832720
If it helps, it's honestly pretty cheap to put together. You could probably omit some of the pricier cards from the list I posted without much drop in quality, considering a lot of Doran's good tech is pretty much only ever used in Doran decks.
>>
>>54832623
She can be a good reanimation target.
>>
>>54832869
It's effectively the same as running mana rocks.
>>
>>54832834
Hell, maybe. For a sub-$1 card, I'd say go ahead and test it. If it works, cool, and if it doesn't, oh well.
>>
>>54832879
Doran himself is kind of pricey, though. I already have a few of the cards, but I think I'd like to cut it down even more.
>>
>>54832903
Mana rocks have the upside of actually contributing mana themselves rather than just fetching a mana source.
>>
>>54832936
You'll notice every example given puts at least one land on the battlefield. Some of them even do it untapped.
>>
>>54832983
Mana rock:
>play spell
>receive mana source

Fetch spell:
>play spell
>receive mana source

They're completely different!
>>
>>54832936
There's functionally not much difference between playing Farseek or a Signet turn 2.
>>
How are Endrek Sahr and Thelon?
>>
>>54831654

Seton. Especially with the Ritual, you produce enough colored Mana from druide that is doesn't matter.
>>
>>54832983
>puts at least one land on the battlefield
True, but compare the following situations:
1. Farseek in hand, spend the mana to grab a Mountain.
2. Signet in hand, spend the mana to play the signet.
Both cases get you an extra mana, but one of them uses 1 card and the other uses 2.
Cards that get multiple lands are probably a lot better though, because artifact hate is a lot more prevalent than land hate. Of course this is entirely dependent on your meta, and exact card choice is even more dependent on the exact deck you're using.
For example, between a fetchland, a mana rock, and Sakura-Tribe Elder, I would choose the Elder every time in my Meren deck.
There's a lot of play in mana souces and mana fixing between decks, I'm just noting that a trade-off exists.
>>
>>54832418
Trophy Mage fetches both Rings of Brighthearth, and Basalt Monolith for the infinite colorless mana combo.
>>
>>54833045
>Both cases get you an extra mana, but one of them uses 1 card and the other uses 2.

Your point being what exactly? You removed one card from your hand and put one card onto the battlefield.
>>
>>54832617
xmage is real nice. Built-in rules automation, which is gravy if you play a mega-jank combo and need to have a walkthrough of what it does in order for other people to understand
>>
>>54833062
Sometimes you care about your graveyard, sometimes you care about your deck size, sometimes you care about what types of permanents you're putting on the field.
In abstract, yes, you're playing a spell and getting a mana source.

I explicitly stated my point in the last sentence.

When you look it strictly as 2 card 1 source tradeoff, it might not seem like much, but expanded across 5 colors, you're using a significantly bigger percentage of your deck to play sources.
>>
File: Unbreathing Horde_DDQ.jpg (275KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Unbreathing Horde_DDQ.jpg
275KB, 672x936px
On the subject of tribal, does anybody have an opinion on which zombie tribal commander is the best? I've had one with Grimgrin as the commander for a while now, but I've been torn lately on whether or not Gisa and Geralf/The Scarab God would be any better. Obviously mono black and perhaps grixis could also be choices.
>>
mairsil looks nice. Having your combo pieces be in exile or in the command zone makes it really resilient.
>>
>>54833095
>you're using a significantly bigger percentage of your deck to play sources.

In a 99 card deck, deck-thinning is even less significant than a 60 card deck. You're looking at less than a 10% chance of affecting your draws, and even if it does affect it, it's helping you draw more spells. Searching your library is not costing you a card in the functional "card advantage" sense, even if it seems to be costing you something in the abstract.
>>
>>54833133
Scarab God seems to be the new hotness, it's passive effect is really powerful.
>>
>>54833095
>a significantly bigger percentage

an insignificantly bigger percentage*
>>
>>54833133
The Scarab God is the best because he is very resilient returning to hand after getting killed and he gets to revive anything that is thrown into the graveyard.

Also his Passive effect is really powerful when you start stacking the zombie army
>>
>>54833152
>You're looking at less than a 10% chance of affecting your draws
Depends entirely upon what exact manabase/fixing you end up using.
It should be noted that card draw in EDH is a very popular effect, and games go a lot longer than most 60 card formats, so you end up drawing quite a lot of cards over the course of a game.
Again, I'm not saying that in every single instance you want fetch spells, fetchlands, or manarocks, it's entirely deck dependent, I just thought it was worth mentioning for a 5 color deck because of how much more important a manabase is to playing so many colors.
>>
Is the Scorpion God decent at all? I like -1/-1 counters, but haven't built around them before.
>>
>>54833133
>>54833171
I think it's Gisa and Geralf. Scarab God is better in the 99 in my opinion since he's just so hard to remove without exile because you just get him back to your hand. Since you're running black and blue, you have the best card draw and tutors. The same cannot be said for G/G or Grimgrin in your 99, where if you want them to come back from the dead you have to work for that shit.
>>
>>54832936
Fetching lands thin your deck, which can be extremely relevant. For instance, I ran a mono black deck with tainted pact. Playing tainted pact was only viable because I split my mana base between snow and non snow, and used as many fetch lands as I could to remove lands from my deck. Functionally, fetching lands allowed me to have an instant speed diabolic tutor with tainted pact.
>>
>>54830627
Is it a good idea I'm getting the dragon edh deck, I've never bought edh before. I generally just borrowed my friends decks, but I want my own now. So would it be a good idea?
>>
Does mairsil's ability function in all zones? For instance, if she exiles a creature that has an activated ability to return to the battlefield from the graveyard, can she use that ability while in the graveyard?
>>
>>54833234
That's pretty cool, a good example of neat things you can do when you play with your manabase.
>>
File: 1349624017763.jpg (31KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1349624017763.jpg
31KB, 400x286px
Is there a way to make someone skip an infinite number of combat phases? Say, enough to lock them out of a win?
>>
>>54833325
Stoneheart Dignitary+infinite blinks.
>>
>>54833308
No. Unless specified, a creature's abilities only function on the battlefield.

>she
Mairsil is male.
>>
>>54833280
Dragon one might be tough to play with because it's 5 colors, but a lot of the fun with EDH is in deckbuilding, so as long as your friends aren't playing super-high powerlevel decks, it should be fun to play and build upon.
>>
What's a deck that can win consistently without going infinite, just through sheer advantage and value? Preferably in Green, Black, and/or White, as those are the colors I have the most cards for already.
>>
>>54833331
Hmm. Odd. Necrotic Ooze actually specifies that its ability only works on the battlefield. I think you're wrong here, she does get things, for example, Tymat's the Murder King.
>>
Alright /edhg/, what's your favorite set? And DON'T tell me Kamigawa, because we ALL love Kamigawa.

Mine is probably New Phyrexia. ϕ
>>
>>54833219
Kulrath Knight
Blowfly Infestation
Contagion Clasp/Engine
etc
>>
>>54833364
Fallen Empires. Between the art, the lore, and the tribes involved, everything about the set just clicks for me.
>>
>>54833364
>New Phyrexia. ϕ

Fucking what?
>>
>>54833370
I have a couple copies of Kulrath I was planning on trading in while they were still high up in price. Should I keep one? 5 mana for that effect seems a little underwhelming, especially on a fragile creature body.
>>
>>54833354
Necrotic Ooze's restriction is functionally reminder text without italics. It's the same as how they put "cycle or discard" onto Amonkhet cards. The important part is that Mairsil has a static ability that grants activated abilities, he doesn't actually have the abilities by default, and static abilities only work from the battlefield unless otherwise specified.
>>
>>54833364
I really like Khans.
>>
>>54833338
Most of the G/B generals give you crazy value. Meren, gitrog, glissa, they all give you an insane amount of value. If you want to grind out a win where everyone else is running a shitton of combos, I would try glissa stax.
>>
>>54833354
retracting this, the 2nd guy is right: mairsil doesn't function outside the battlefield. Though mairsil is a girl though. she's my waifu.`
>>
>>54833372
It's a just a unicode Greek or Cyrillic character.
>>
>>54833394
>pacifism effect in r/b
Sounds good to me. Did something happen because I thought it was a buck or two which isn't super exciting imo unless you've got a shitload of knights in a shoebox.
>>
>>54833435
The joke is that that particular poster has been using it as his name here for some time.
>>
>>54833364
Tarkir for having my favorite standard decks I've played in Black Warriors and Green Stompy.
When THS left I mashed the two and ended up with B/G Warriors, which is essentially B warriors with collected company and Heir of the Wilds.
>>
File: 146[1].jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
146[1].jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>54833449
>Did something happen
>>
>no decks with black even though I like the color
>can't decide who I want to build
What do you do in this situation?
>>
>>54833456
It was actually to try and get more attention.
>>
>>54833419
If I run anything resembling stax, everyone I play with will get paranoid and team up against me. Gitrog looks nice, but a lot of the good lands/land support is expensive as fuck. Meren will make them paranoid as well, due to how popular she is. Mazirek, Haptra, Varolz, Thelon, and Vhati all look interesting.

>>54833449
It's around $4-5 last I checked, and I have two or three copies of it.
>>
Mairsil+Bane Alley Broker functionally removes any potential cost to his ability. This guy is gonna be nuts even without that though.
>>
>>54833490
Incorrecto.
BAB's abilities are Linked, meaning her second ability can only affect cards exiled with her first. You will not be able to return anything you Caged.
>>
>>54833467
I don't like playing mono-colored decks, so I'd go for some black-whatever mixture.
The top 6 commanders on EDHREC all have black in them, so pick one of those that looks fun if you can't decide on one otherwise.
>>
File: 252[3].jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
252[3].jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>54833490
Even if that did work, which it doesn't, it would have been small time compared to what could have happened. It's really too bad Mairsil can't just throw open the cages.
>>
>>54833522
Incorrecto. BAB's second and third abilities are linked to her, not her first ability. You are able to return any card exiled with BAB, not just with her ability. Read the abilities to confirm.

When copying abilities, you replace all instances of the copied cards name with the new card's name, so Mairsil can do the same.

>>54833570
This works too.
>>
>>54833583
No, you idiot. I'm not saying they're linked by name, I'm saying they're literally "Linked Abilities".

>607.1. An object may have two abilities printed on it such that one of them causes actions to be taken or objects or players to be affected and the other one directly refers to those actions, objects, or players. If so, these two abilities are linked: the second refers only to actions that were taken or objects or players that were affected by the first, and not by any other ability.

>607.2a If an object has an activated or triggered ability printed on it that instructs a player to exile one or more cards and an ability printed on it that refers either to “the exiled cards” or to cards “exiled with [this object],” these abilities are linked. The second ability refers only to cards in the exile zone that were put there as a result of an instruction to exile them in the first ability.

You'd only be able to return cards with the second half of a Linked Ability that were exiled with the first half of a Linked Ability. IE, you could only have Mairsil use BAB's second ability to return cards Mairsil exiled using her first ability.
>>
>>54833625
>idiot
Hey, fuck you buddy. I was wrong, but not knowing an obscure rule that is in no way hinted at in the card text, and goes against the plain english of the card text, does not make me an idiot.

Posting on 4chan does.
>>
>>54833653
No, saying someone else was incorrect when you didn't actually know better is what made you an idiot.
>>
>>54833682
That's an impossible standard anon. You can't know if you're ignorant, because you're ignorant. If you believe someone is wrong, you should tell them.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>54833697
>get called out
>try and cover your ass by calling him ignorant when he was right
>call him a moron
lmao.
>>
>>54833697
The thing is that you obviously did zero research or fact checking before speaking when even a cursory search about Mairsil would've proven you wrong. If you believe someone is wrong, you should have assurance that you're correct before saying something or you'll make an idiot out of yourself.
>>
>>54833709
I called him a moron because he doesn't understand how ignorance works, despite it being very simple. My mistake was not knowing an obscure rule. Pretty different there chump.

>>54833721
Actually, I searched the oracle text of bane alley broker for any ruling on this, and other rulings sites. Didn't come up anon.

Heh. Guess you're an idiot after all for being ignorant there. Heh heh.
>>
>>54833741
>Heh. Guess you're an idiot
Are you literally 12?
>>
>>54833751
No. Idiot.
>>
>>54833741
>Actually, I searched the oracle text of bane alley broker for any ruling on this, and other rulings sites. Didn't come up anon.

I said a cursory search about Mairsil. Searching "Mairsil Bane Alley Broker" shows this exact question being answered several times over. Even the release notes for Mairsil has a section about Linked abilities:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-release-notes-2017-08-11
>>
>>54833760
So you just act like it.
>>
>>54833741
How fragile does your ego have to be that you feel the need to save face on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>54833760
>>54833751
>>54833741
>>54833721
>>54833769
>>54833773
It doesn't matter if you win or lose this argument. You don't even know who you're talking to. It won't be long before everybody, including you, forgets that this thread even existed.
Just stop posting. People will always disagree with you here. You'll be far happier once you stop indulging this back and forth bullshit.
>>
>>54833783
I'm not saving face though. I admitted I was wrong, then took issue with the attitude. Idiot.

>>54833773
No. 12 year olds can't post on 4chan, therefore I cannot act like a 12 year old when posting on 4chan. Idiot.

>>54833769
Thanks. Idiot.

>>54833796
My goal isn't to win an argument. I already lost it. Idiot.
>>
>>54833809
>No. 12 year olds can't post on 4chan, therefore I cannot act like a 12 year old when posting on 4chan
Doesn't seem to be stopping you.
>>
>>54833809
Stop trying to be a meme, we already have one for idiots like you, you goon.
>>
>>54833809
I'd hate to see what would happen if someone called you something worse, like "retard" or "petulant twat".
>>
>>54833815
I assure you, I am acting like many adults. Idiot.

>>54833858
I don't even know what you mean by this. Rephrase, idiot.

>>54833860
Probably much the same, you petulant retard.
>>
>>54833867
>>54833860
>>54833858
>>54833809
>>54833783
>>54833773
>>54833815
Now I remember why I quit Magic.
>>
Alright, I'm done. This is not even worth the (You)s.
>>
>>54833876
This isn't representative of the larger magic community, idiot. Just /tg/.
>>
>>54833885
My LGS is much worse.
>>
>>54833885
It doesn't take the larger magic community to ruin someone's experience of the game. It can be done by just one idiot.
>>
>>54833891
>>54833899
How hard is it to shower before you come to FNM?
It takes like, 10 minutes, and prevents the whole shop from smelling like fucking shit.
I don't understand some people.
>>
>>54833899
I recommend curating an edh group or cube group then idiot. You can avoid the idiots in the LGS playing modern or whatever, and focus on the idiots you like.

Cube drafts are incredibly fun.
>>
>>54833917
It takes longer than 10 minutes to get between all those fat rolls, I imagine, and they'd have to face the naked sight of their flabby body.
>>
Hypothetically 2 Bloodline Necromancers are an infinite loop right?
>>
>>54833953
even skinny people can smell like shit though
IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO SHOWER, YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY MAGIC
>>
Any pickups for future use/collection? I'm thinking Kess for non-crature Karador and big daddy dragon for artwork alone
>>
>>54833963
No? Why would they be?
You would just get a vampire back from your yard.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (315KB, 2202x924px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
315KB, 2202x924px
I'm an idiot, but could someone explain this to me? the oracle rulings seem to be directly contradicting the oracle text.

1. Original text: Basically at the beginning of every upkeep, you have to remove a mire counter from one land you put a mire counter on.

2. Oracle revised text: Remove ALL mire counters from a land that has a mire counter on it, that hasn't had any mire counters removed from it before.

3. Oracle ruling: just remove one mire counter from the land, can still have other mire counters on it.
>>
>>54833996
I assume they mean sacrificing them.

>>54833963
Yes, but you could already do something like that with Karmic Guides, so it's nothing new.
>>
>>54833963
Yes, but you need a sac engine.

Altar of Dementia to mill your opponents for the win.
Ashnod's Altar or Pyrexian Altar for infinite mana.
Viscera Seer is a wizard, and you can use it to get value out of every token made by Inalla.
>>
>>54834001
Oracle revised text assumes that you won't put more than 1 mire counter on each land (cuzz why) and you remove only the counters which came from the CT

Oracle rulling seems kinda like an errata requiring the removal of mire counters from other sources
>>
>>54833899
>>54833917
Hygeine is the least of their issues. There are 3 LGSes in town. One, the MtG players are loud, hateful, and violent towards anyone who tries to play another TCG there while they're there. Another, the MtG players blindly lap up the newest set and are convinced that it's the best set ever and that criticizing any design choice at all makes you an uneducated scrub. The third consists almost entirely of scrawny-yet-fat middle-aged men with thick beards, who complain about "MUH NAMED DECKS" and "MUH NETDECKERS RUINED MAGIC" and "I ONLY PLAY WITH CREATIVE CARDS". After being told that my Animar Storm deck was braindead, uncreative garbage by dozens of people every time they see me, to the point where they'll bring it up if I even go in that store (even though I've gutted and sold most of the deck, and all-but quit the game entirely), I realized that no matter where I go, the community is shit. And in an interactive multiplayer game, that's all that's needed to ruin it. Pretty much all I do with Magic anymore is solitaire combo decks on Cockatrice.
>>
>>54834053
Sure, but Proliferate is a thing (I counter, "why not?")

I guess the original wording of the artifact is that you "return the land to its original nature" during your upkeep, which makes sense with the revised text removing all mire counters.
>>
>>54834001
http://humbabellasgamery.blogspot.ca/2013/07/oracle-review-cyclopean-tomb-and-gaeas.html
>>
>>54834001
The original card text uses the counter as a reminder (saying that the land will return to it's original state once a single counter is removed), so I would go ahead with remove all counters.
>>
>>54834064
Yikes, that does sound bad. That's one problem I have with the EDH community as a whole. A lot of them are super passive aggressive about decks they don't like, which always seems to be any deck that beats them.

"_________ isn't casual"
or
"_________ isn't in the spirit of EDH"

Thanks sheldon, for encouraging this toxicity.
>>
>>54834064
Continuing, it's not just here. Another store I went to, they bragged about how great and amazing and wonderful their Magic community is. They kick out anyone running cards that value over $8 average on TCG Player. They also kick out anyone who likes "baby games" (any TCG other than Magic). Different store I went to, the Magic players actively gave newer players bad advice on deck building to make sure that they'd always have a disadvantage, and when they kept losing, blamed it on "lack of experience", while reminding them to always run at least 30 lands, especially in aggro. Another one? The Magic players glare at, scowl at, and shit talk anyone even purchasing cards for a different game. Another one? The Magic players actively stole Yu-Gi-Oh players' cards.

>>54834120
Yeah, it's pretty horrible. And it's not just EDH - only the first of those three stores in that first post even does EDH.
>>
>>54834120
Hearing "The Spirit of EDH" is enough to send me into a frenzy, god I hate that term and that's coming from someone building jank like Reaper King Clone Wars.dec.
>>
>>54834140
One of my friends' favorite commander was Reaper King, but he lost the desire to play it after dozens of people got upset at him for beating their battlecruiser jank with his medium speed combo, and they kept beating it in his head that he was a terrible person for playing that deck.
>>
>>54834128
>They kick out anyone running cards that value over $8 average on TCG Player.
good lord
so if you buy a card worth a $2 and it spikes, you get kicked out if you don't switch it out?
why don't they just hold a bunch of pauper events?
>>
>>54834140
I've played at all levels, from super weenie hut jr.s to hyper competitive. You can be in the spirit of edh at any level. It's more about the attitude, than the cards played.
>>
>>54834160
Anyone who cries about losing to fucking Reaper King isn't a person.
>>
>>54834120
>>54834064

Now i'm grateful that my playgroup is pretty straightforward with opinions. And folk understand that there is time for the Wizard showdown, yugioh game with mana (lots of storm in meta) but when we're playing for shit and giggles with beer it's time for jank or thematic stuff. And people swallow up hate and silver bullets since it's mostly during the Wizard showdown.
>>
>>54834161
Because that would require them to not be butthurt grogs.
>>
>>54830665
It's super faggoty (like Mairsil), but just Morphling + any Shade or Firebreathing ability and win.
Mairsil is the draw go Commander analcanceraids people have been waiting for so long.
>>
File: Sneak Attack.full.jpg (214KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Sneak Attack.full.jpg
214KB, 480x680px
>>54833364
>Hey kids, wanna make a busted deck?
>>
File: IMG_9154.jpg (75KB, 503x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9154.jpg
75KB, 503x505px
so how manny of us actuly are skinny?
skinny fat reporting in

is 4chan/magic really filled with overweight virgins ?
>>
>>54834183
You can't activate firebreathing more than once per turn with mairsil.
>>
File: Bounty Hunter.xlhq.jpg (533KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Bounty Hunter.xlhq.jpg
533KB, 745x1040px
The bounty counters that Mathas, Fiend Seeker can place can be used by this guy, right?
>>
>>54834161
That happened to someone, when they were bragging about their stories of "keeping the store pure". And I have no idea why they don't just run pauper, but that store is primarily EDH, like the first store in >>54834064

>>54834173
Exactly. Before I quit, I had two main EDH decks: Mono black goodstuff/ramp/reanimator with Gonti at the helm, and Animar storm.

But, at least I'm able to afford my new hobby of Warhammer with all the money I'm getting from leaving Magic. The Warhammer community at one of the LGSes is incredibly chill.
And the worst community at the LGS isn't Magic, it's D&D.
>>
>>54832288
Marchesa is so good she's competitive viable in 1v1.
But Edgar could be cool in multiplayer.
>>
>>54834197
Thought of this too. It works, m8.
>>
>>54834194
6' tall, 115 lbs. My ribcage is visible sometimes, and I frequently have to explain to people that I'm not anorexic.
>>
Check out this fucking qt I got from a booster
>>
>>54832428
If you run shocks they are 10/10. If you don't you may as well play Evolving Wilds.
My Scion deck is 10 duals, 10 shocks, 10 fetchlands, 5 miragefetchlands, 5 any color producers and 5 basics and I never, ever miss a drop for the mirgefetchland entering tapped.
>>
File: 11[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
What the fuck is going on in this art?
>>
>>54834194
I'm a 6'2" girl, 180lb. A bit outside normal height ranges, but within my weight range for that height.

>>54834197
Yes, but not the reverse. That is, if a creature with a Bounty from Bounty Hunter dies, it won't get "paid out" even if Mathas is on the battlefield the whole time.
>>
>>54834230
A Praetor of the Order of the Ebon Hand using two higher-ranking thrulls to bring in a lesser thrull, of which to consume the essence.
>>
File: Female Minotaur.png (165KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Female Minotaur.png
165KB, 265x370px
>>54834224
>>
>>54834227
>they are 10/10

That's maybe a bit too generous. I'd say 7/10, "Decent".
>>
>>54834230
http://www.randyasplund.com/pages/fantpg/darkJudge.html
>>
>>54834202
>Warhammer
well, if the local community is good I suppose it's alright
I used to play 40k, and god damn if there weren't some real fucking spergs playing space marines
>>
>>54834195
You can if you have multiple instances of it.
>>
>>54834255
>Taking multiple cards to ultimately do one thing
That's just a very shitty combo, then.
>>
>>54834255
Okay, but that doesn't seem worth it. You would have to trigger his ETB multiple times to exile multiple shades, which are pretty shitty on their own.
>>
>>54834240
would have been a great card if there weren't a mana cost in addition to discarding a card
>>
>>54834194
I'm 7'2", 320lbs.
I have to play with my college bros at my custom kitchen/gaming table because if I move my legs at all while sitting at the LGS I flip the table with my knees.
>>
>>54834273
Do you play Giant tribal?
>>
>>54834249
I'm the only non-SM player there, but only one of them seemed spergy at all, and it was only mildly. None of them have custom chapters, though, which is a bit disappointing. One of the other LGSes has a much smaller Warhammer scene that's very elitist (just like their MtG scene); aside from the owner, I've only seen two regulars, and one plays bog standard Emperor's Children.
>>
>>54834220
Also, not a virgin. Happily married, actually!
>>
>>54834263
>>54834264
You only really need three +1/+X abilitites to three shot people with commander damage and you don't even need shades, Morphling, Aetherling and Torchling are conveniently three.
>>
>>54834308
Still sounds like a very shitty combo to me.
>>
>>54834285
I played 5c Titans/Avatars, then they banned Prime Time and Silvan Primordial.
>>
>>54834308
that takes 3 turns per player though. I'm thinking something more mean, like nev's disk+falkenreath aristocrat (and even that isn't good enough).
>>
>>54834317
It's not a combo, it's a virtually untouchable 3-hit win for people who've wanted to play onewincon.dck since Morphling left T2.
If you want to make Mairsil a flamboyant ability whore that's on you.
>>
>>54834292
Yeah, the army diversity usually isn't too great from what I saw, but the focus on vehicles really ticked me off, because they're only like, what, 60 points or something for a rhino with a gun attached but they cost $60 to buy.
GW being greedy fucks really made me stop playing. I can only pay so much for plastic (that comes unpainted on fucking sprues) before i get pissed off.
At the very least, Magic cards are capable of retaining (if not appreciating) some value.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-013551.jpg (810KB, 1079x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-013551.jpg
810KB, 1079x2044px
New jankass tech y'all
>>
File: 167.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
167.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>Edgar's Eminence says "Vampire spell", not "creature"
Cool, this means that I can get a vampire token even if I play cards like Blade of the Bloodchief or Blood Tribute
>There is not even one vampire tribal not-creature card
What's the point, then? And how can cards like Stensia Masquerade or Vampiric Fury not be vampire tribal? The latter doesn't even do anything unless you control vampires
>>
>>54834308
>If you use several specific cards, spend mana every turn, and don't have to worry about blockers, you get a mediocre Command Damage strategy

Okay
>>
>>54834333
You're starting to sound like the guy who thinks Razaketh will be banned.
>>
File: izzetchemister.jpg (53KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
izzetchemister.jpg
53KB, 265x370px
Izzet Chemister in Melek, yay or nay?
>>
>>54834340
They originally designed Innistrad block using the Tribal card type, but it caused too many awkward questions during development and didn't create enough of a payoff during playtesting. It was a big hassle for very little practical gain, so they removed it.
>>
>>54834335
I get that. I play Dark Eldar, so I can get 140-ish points of troops for about $23, and a 115-135 point open-topped transport for a little under $40. I guess that shapes my opinion a bit. But yeah, my wife and I are planning on moving in about a year, so if the place we move to has a good community for EDH, I might throw something together.

>>54834340
Don't forget spells with changeling, like Nameless Inversion.
>>
>>54834333
You've gone from saying
>any Shade or Firebreathing ability
to
>three different abilities together

Not to mention Aetherling had better be the first one, or it gets a lot harder to cage the others.
>>
>>54834356
If you've got a way to protect it and/or ways to untap it, sure.
>>
>>54833333
Checked.
>>
There are 71 vampires worth playing when they come into the battlefield with a token. That's 65 more than I expected.
>>
I'm considering getting back into the game with one of the C17 decks. Out of all the new commanders, I like Ramos the most on a surface level, but I don't know which deck would be most fun overall.
>>
>>54834415
It's too bad it is on cast, or Bloodghast would be some great value with Edgar.
>>
>>54834362
>it caused too many awkward questions
What kind of questions did it rise?
>>
>>54833421
No he's not. Read The Gathering Dark, Mister Jank is a man.
>>
>>54834238
That Thrull in the middle is kinda sexy.
>>
>>54834435
Mostly what should and should not be Tribal cards. Would it be kind of a break for a Black spell, like Ghoulcaller's, to get back an Enchantment like Rooftop Storm? That kind of stuff.
>>
>>54834469
Don't make it weird, anon.
>>
>>54834194
5'2 skinny
non virgin
skinny
>>
Which commander deck has the best fucking waifus?
>>
File: bdsm.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bdsm.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54834469
They also do bondage.
>>
Someone shows up to your game night next week, brings out Mairsil, and says "By the way, can all my basics be snow lands?" What would you do?
>>
>>54834494
I mean, are they snow lands? Or are they asking for permission to proxy snow lands with their basics?
>>
>>54834255
So you'll want to take the best you can get. How about electrostatic pummeler?
>>
>>54834470
Honestly, couldn't they just have specified Zombie creature cards on Ghoulcaller's?
And they're both cards you want with Zombies, so why not just plan for the interaction?
>>
>>54834480
Someone made this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waifus-2/

Pick 60 something playable cards and figure your commander from that.
>>
>>54834445
Missus Jank is my waifu anon. If it were otherwise, I would be gay. I ain't gay.
>>
File: Impressed.png (439KB, 404x435px) Image search: [Google]
Impressed.png
439KB, 404x435px
>>54834516
Grixis Energy
>>
>>54834523
>Honestly, couldn't they just have specified Zombie creature cards on Ghoulcaller's?

If you have to design things to not work with your Tribal cards, then why did you make them Tribal?
>>
>>54834494
*unzips Avalanche*
>>
>>54834503
The second. I have basic swamps islands and mountains and want a sense of how people would react to me proxying snows instead of buying them.
>>
>>54834536
Say you have 20 cards that could work with the Tribal cards, and one of them would be a little too powerful. So you limit just that one to the creature type, but you still have 19 other cards that work with Tribal cards.
>>
>>54834494
I wouldn't care, as long as they were all snow lands, and not you just randomly saying which ones were and weren't. Why? What combo did you find?
>>
>>54834526
I know these are probably jokes, but I'm still mad.
You're being VERY disrepectful to the lore.
>>
>>54834545
I'd refuse. If you're trying to eke out some incremental advantage, you'd better put the work in. Proxies just for Minmaxing is ridiculous.
>>
>>54834555
Possibly Rimewind Cryomancer or Rimewind Taskmage. Skred would also be some nice, cheap removal.
>>
>>54834549
And that's where the awkward questions roll out.
Do we make Ghoulcaller's Chant only work with creatures and invalidate every interaction between it and Zombie Tribal cards? Do we drop Tribal from Rooftop Storm itself entirely?

It wasn't worth the issue having to ask that about every Tribal card and interaction.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54834340
You can still use this
>>
>>54834536
>why did you make them Tribal?
For fun? For flavor?
What non-creature Zombie cards was Ghoulcaller's fetching anyways if non-creatures weren't being made tribal?
>>
>Cat Thighs
>Dragon Tits
>Vampire Ass
>Wizard Hips

I can't decide which deck I want to get.
>>
>>54834356
If you exile weak spells then it's not worth the 3cmc.
If you exile strong spells then it'll die to removal before you get a chance to use it.
>>
>>54834585
Ghoulcaller's Chant could be a Tribal spell that only retrieves creatures. It would fit with the name and the curve, and not invalidate the Tribal as a whole because a single card says "creature" instead of "spell".
>>
>>54834555
Not really a combo so much as Thermopod needing snow mana as a backup Blighted Bat, plus Mouth of Ronom and Skred for removal.
>>54834561
Makes sense. I'd definitely want to get all the Snows by the time I'm done.
>>
>>54834596
>if non-creatures weren't being made tribal?

What?
>>
>>54834585
Why have tribes in the first place then?
Wasn't Lorwynn full of tribal spells? Didn't people enjoy that set?
>>
>>54834609
See, this whole awkwardness is why it was dropped entirely.
>>
File: IMG_0318.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>54834555
>>
>>54834622
No, supposedly, people hated lorwyn. And kamigawa.

Both sets were awesome flavor wise to me, but thems the breaks. Market research has shown them to be worse, so wizards will never do anything from them again.
>>
>>54834632
It's not really awkward. It's just taking all these cards that clearly are flavored around one of the tribes, slapping Tribal plus the tribe on them, and saying "this fits creature better" or "this fits tribal better". Not awkward, not difficult.
>>
>>54834622
>Didn't people enjoy that set?
According to Wizard's research, established players enjoyed Lorwyn-Shadowmoor. But they don't want sets that pander to established players. Your addicted ass is buying cards either way. They want sets that draw in new players, which Lorwyn, according to them, didn't do.
>>
>>54834620
The original example was Ghoulcaller's fetching a non-creature Zombie card.
I'm asking why not just specify that the Zombie card has to be a creature instead of removing the tribal element from non-creature cards.
>>
>>54834650
>Been playing since Legions
>Haven't bought a booster pack since Origins
>Haven't played since Eldritch Moon
>>
>>54834622
Tribal had a lot of opponents in R&D during Lorwyn's creation, and caused a lot of complexity that didn't fare well with new players.
>>
>>54834638
>>54834650
Well fuck Wizards, because they kept the planeswalker cancer from that set.
>>
>>54834648
It is, because players are left wondering why half their cards work with the Tribal card type and half don't.
>>
>>54834688
I forgot that the target audience for this game was 12 year olds.
>>
>>54834700
After Time Spiral and Lorwyn, they've had to seriously reevaluate how much they can respect the "average" player's mental faculties.
>>
>>54834717
That explains everything from at least Theros onward. But I guess I can't expect a dead horse of a game to appeal to people who want to think while they play.
>>
>>54834609
What would actually be the point then? There are only three cards in the Innistrad set that would have actually cared about Tribal - Zombie cards, Ghoulcaller's Chant, Ghoulraiser, and Unbreathing Horde. If you cut one of them, that's 1/3rd of every interaction with the Tribal mechanic there.
>>
>>54834732
Every standard is someone's first. Would you really want to start with Time Spiral?
>>
>>54834688
Aren't there cards that work exclusively with non-creatures in Innistrad?
What about Snappy? Oh, that's a mythic.
I think Innistrad came out about the same time NWO was announced. Fuck.
>>
>>54834776
>What about Snappy? Oh, that's a mythic.
Snap was a rare.

>I think Innistrad came out about the same time NWO was announced. Fuck.
NWO is commons.
>>
>>54834770
I didn't even try Standard until I had played casually for years and participated in a couple sealed events.
>>
>>54834776
Innistrad, often said to be the best draft-set ever made, was made when NWO was in order, yes.
>>54834791
Standard could also mean "the ~5 newest sets"
>>
What in the world is Olivia's neck...thing?
>>
>>54834482
once someone pointed out the left one looks like a hairy vagina that's all I see.
>>
>>54834761
In Lorwyn:

>7 cards care about Tribal - Goblin, 4 about Goblin creatures
>4 cards care about Tribal - Merfolk, 1 about Merfolk creatures
>7 cards care about Tribal - Elf, 3 about Elf creatures
>2 cards care about Tribal - Treefolk, 2 about Treefolk creatures
>4 cards care about Tribal - Elemental, 5 about Elemental creatures
>3 cards care about Tribal - Kithkin, 2 about Kithkin creatures
>>
>>54834622
MaRo didn't so they push the narrative that nobody ever like Lorwyn.
>>
>>54834814
It's called a gorget, and like most pieces of fantasy armor this one is largely impractical.
>>
>check deck lists
>"Oh cool, there's Nin in the Wizard deck!"
>check cat list
>Staff of Nin
Why the fuck?
>>
>>54834928
Maro was part of the design team for Lorwyn and responsible for the Tribal type to start with, anon.
>>
>>54835029
MaRo keeps changing his mind about things on an hourly basis.
>>
>>54833133
Depends on your playgroup imo. Scarab god draws hate like a mofo. Id say gisa and geralf, great ability for tempo and gives you superior board rebuilding power.
>>
>>54834928
The "narrative" was that new players and intermediate players didn't like Lorwyn, and the tournament attendance vs. sales showed that. High level players rolled through Lorwyn, Cryptic Commands in hand, but the people actually moving Magic product were dead in the water.

You can imagine why they're not eager to do that again.
>>
>>54835058
G&G would draw huge hate from my playgroup, too. Anything remotely combo, stax, or control is instantly hated down.
>>
>>54835049
Or, you want a bogeyman to blame everything on because it's easier that way.
>>
>>54834928
If MaRo had half the clout you idiots think he does, we'd never have gotten cards like Chaos Warp or Hornet Queen to begin with. Nowhere on this bitch does it say "Mark Rosewater, CEO".
>>
>>54835067
Blame for what? I'm just saying the guy keeps changing his mind a lot.

If anything I blame Kelly Digges for most shit I don't like.
>>
>>54834480
surrak dragonclaw
>>
>>54834265
would have fucking ruined limited
>>
>>54834240
dem goat tiddies and curves tho
>>
>>54830627
>preorder
I think MM1 was the only product I ever preordered.

>planning to buy
Definitely not. Also, none of the new legendaries clicked for me, Nazahn was the only one with a cool mechanic, but it has shit colors for an equipment deck.
>>
If you use an Apprentice Necromancer and copy its ability with Illusionist's Bracers or Rings of Brighthearth, would you be able to target the Necromancer with the copied ability?
>>
File: illusion.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
illusion.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Does anyone have any recommendations for a "fun interactions/sneaky politics" Lazav deck?
>>
>>54835436
Edict effects are always good.
>>
File: Image-3.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-3.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
does this card work if I make someone shuffle with an effect I control?
>>
>>54835477
Only if the someone you are forcing to shuffle is yourself.
>>
>>54835477
No. It specifically says that the spell or ability must cause its controller to shuffle.
>>
File: rtr-33-conjured-currency.jpg (201KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
rtr-33-conjured-currency.jpg
201KB, 672x936px
>>54835436

I have this in mine
>>
>>54833325
Time stop or glorious end
>>
>>54835572
I fucking hate Blue so much
>>
>>54835590

Honestly, that shit almost feels red, seeing how it's going to change every turn
>>
>>54834480
I brewed a Breya deck that has a good amount of cuties once. It has girls like Master Transmuter, Hanna, Sydri, and Sphinxes.
>>
>>54834524
>added different card arts
I like this guy. Although he missed the promo version of Spellstutter Sprite.
>>
>>54835874
>>54835874
>>54835874

New thread
>>
>>54830908

Wizards fucked everyone with Atraxa last year because there was no restock. Wizards has always done a restock before.
>>
>>54834770
Yes and I did.
>>
>>54832196

Totally removing their combo from the game DOES stop their game plan. It also gives me information about their deck too. I think traditionally cards like praetor's grasp aren't necessarily good, but in this format it has a place. It's not a totally shitty card. Especially with how some decks rely on tutors to get the same shit.
>>
>>54832137

Personally the cards on my wish list are...

Temporal archmage
Thousand-Year Elixir
Dramatic Reversal
Turnabout
Patron Archmage
Ertai, Wizard Adept
Lich Lord of unx
Aether Adept
Maybe Nameless One?
Illusionist's Bracers
Supreme Inquisitor
Riptide Laboratory
>>
>>54834128
>>54834064

Not gonna lie, I think you just live in a shit hole anon.
>>
>>54834194
some of us are skinny virgins
>>
File: 7d3960d01ed64af9893af5c2873706bb.jpg (220KB, 724x1103px) Image search: [Google]
7d3960d01ed64af9893af5c2873706bb.jpg
220KB, 724x1103px
>>54834243
>The painting generated quite a buzz with people frequently asking me why there was a white bunny rabbit in the painting. My answer was that it was not a bunny rabbit at all, but a Pookah, a Celtic spirit/demon.

And of course it's a real thing.

I love mtg artists, you would never get art or an answer like this for any other card game.
>>
If I have a good amount of removal, does it make sense to have counters that are mainly cheaper and target spells only like Negate? Cancel is good and all but that one mana is often a big deal.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.