[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 429
Thread images: 76

File: sage-of-fables-cropped.jpg (163KB, 463x664px) Image search: [Google]
sage-of-fables-cropped.jpg
163KB, 463x664px
"We be rolling with the wizzzards and sheet" edition

Previously: >>54788942

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Thoughts on Inalla?
>>
reposting since i posted when the last one died
Hey questions for an EDH newbie with some greentext:
>long time player but new to EDH
>bought my buddy the anthology and we played a few times
>After scoffing at it for so long realize i love the format
>start crafting some decks but realize Meren is my waifu and have my friend give me the precon out of the Anthology
so my questions are:
If I play Endless One or Walking Ballista (or any pure X creautres) do they hit the battlfield then go to they graveyard and are they eligible for a 0 experience reanimate to die again for a total of 2 counters?
And last question, are there any cards in the precon that definitely need to get replaced and if so, what are they?
>>
File: InallaCombo.png (578KB, 795x370px) Image search: [Google]
InallaCombo.png
578KB, 795x370px
>>54793761
>Thoughts on Inalla?

Gonna be a good time.
>>
>>54793761
>Thoughts on Inalla?

I don't really like Eminence, but I will be glad if we get new etb wizards. I already run a grixis wizards deck with marchesa at the helm, and more etb wizards will get me rock hard.
>>
File: 1489946970857.jpg (278KB, 518x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1489946970857.jpg
278KB, 518x1483px
>>54793761
>my old LGS used to be called "Fables"
>they had a collection of foil OP Pics in loose binder panges thumbtacked to the wall behind the register
>they went out of business because the owner liked to deal / do drugs
>feels bad man, was actually really neat place with a lot of really great staff

Aside from that.
>thread question
Seems neat. I get that everyone's calling her the best of the lot, and yea Eminence is a blatantly OP as fuck mechanic and should never have existed (looking at you Oloro), but I'm not a big fan of U or Wizards, so I'm getting Vamps instead.
>>
>>54793833
With ashnod you get infinite mana too
>>
Question.

My opponent has lantern of insight and has his commander bounced to library. Rather than letting it go to command zone he let's it go to the library. I play and activate pyxis of pandemonium. Does his commander get exiled or does he get to chose where it goes because we can see it?
>>
>>54793703
What else did Urza do?
>Killed Tocasia in a crossfire with Mishra.
>Neglected his wife so badly that she was persuaded to betray him and sleep with his brother.
>Started the Ice Age because he hated his brother SO MUCH.
>Blew half of Tolaria out of time testing Karn.
>Decided to run questionably ethical experiments because he needed to beat Yawgmoth
>Tampered with Barrin's family line so that Hanna would be part of the Legacy, then neglected to tell him when she died RIP in Peace.
>>
>>54793861
You get infinite mana with Phyrexian Altar, because you get infinite creatures.
>>
>>54793810
Glad you're enjoying EDH! It's basically all the MTG I play these days since standard has gone to shit.
>If I play Endless One or Walking Ballista (or any pure X creautres) do they hit the battlfield then go to they graveyard and are they eligible for a 0 experience reanimate to die again for a total of 2 counters?
Yes, although I think there's probably better ways of building experience counters
>are there any cards in the precon that definitely need to get replaced and if so, what are they?
IMO, Great Oak Guardian, Champion of Stray Souls, the Myriad creatures,Rise from the Grave, Tribute to the Wild, Golgari Signet (I'd rather just have a 1G ramp sorcery) and Thought Vessel (as there are situations with Meren when you WANT to discard cards).
>>
>>54793872
>Lead the Phyrexians to Serra's Realm, where even though the natives were able to BEAT BACK AND HOLD OFF PHYREXIAN ARMIES, the oil eventually corrupted Radiant and reinforced her power-mongering attitude and collapsed the plane.
>>
>>54793810
Yes, we've told you twice. Enters at 0 toughness, dies, get a counter, rez it at end of turn, dies, get another counter. And at the very least take out Cloudthresher for Spore Frog.
>>
>>54793879
Only difference is that with Ashnod you'll get infinite mana while creating infinite creatures and with Phyrexian after, right?
Could this have any impact (ie. is one of the 2 methods more easily disrupted)?
>>
>>54793810
>If I play Endless One or Walking Ballista (or any pure X creautres) do they hit the battlfield then go to they graveyard
yes
>are they eligible for a 0 experience reanimate to die again for a total of 2 counters?
yes
>are there any cards in the precon that definitely need to get replaced and if so, what are they?
This is to some the most "fun" part of commander: improving one's deck through trial and error/tuning it to one's meta. Scourge of Nel Toth/Champion of Stray souls are both pretty lackluster. Viscera Seer is a better Blood Bairn. You will definitely want a Fleshbag Maurader and Merciless executioner. Disciple of Bolas, Grave titan, kokusho, Phyrexian arena, Phyrexian reclamation, living death, caustic caterpillar, and spore frog are all worth considering.
>>
Do you guys think the dragon deck is gonna be any good compared to the others? 5 colors is definitely going to be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>54793863
Due to a fuck up by Sheldor you are able to apply the replacement effect, despite not seeing the card. If this were a srs bsns game then you would have a judge that would be able to check the face down cards for you and ask if he wanted to apply the replacement effect.

Since you were probably playing so casually that nobody cares about official DCI sleeve rules, I would just put the commander in a different colored sleeve to resolve this instead.
>>
>>54793940
You can sacrifice the copies as you go, it doesn't really matter. Anything that could disrupt one variant could disrupt the other, and could be done before you get the mana either way.
>>
>>54793913
>>54793936
>>54793946
Thanks for the help guys! Can't wait to delve (pun possibly intended?) more into this format.
>>
Are there any crazy, "This deck will resell for $80 because of this card." Cards yet?

I've already pre-ordered all 4 (two will be birthday/Xmas Gifts), and I was planning on buying another copy of Ur-Dragon (one to keep as 5c Dragons, one to cannibalize for my Intet Dragon Tribal), but would it be worth it to just Pre-Order two sets of decks?
>>
>>54793936
Oh yeah Spore Frog is an MVP for Meren. It can completely hose entire decks on it's own, and worst case scenario it builds experience really easily. Definitely a staple for Meren.
>>
File: panharmonicon.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
panharmonicon.png
135KB, 223x311px
I'm making a list of potential Inalla tech, anything I'm missing?

>Have Inalla and Panharmonicon out
>Cast a Wizard with an ETB effect
>It's ETB goes on the stack twice
>Inalla's effect goes on the stack twice, pay 2
>Get two copies of the wizard
>Each gets 2 more ETB triggers of it's own
That's a potential 6 ETB triggerss from a single creature in hand.
>>
File: combo.png (753KB, 1280x334px) Image search: [Google]
combo.png
753KB, 1280x334px
>WotC is patching my patented "fuck your commander" combo by allowing tokens to phase out without ceasing to exist.

200% mad
>>
>>54794101
Whoops forgot my link
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wizard-stuff-4/
>>
>>54794028
WotC has followed a underprint-overprint-underprint pattern with the commander product so far and C16 were the underprinted ones, so expect there to be billions of these decks around to compensate.
If you can still find Meren for near MSRP, not even a True-Name Nemesis level card will push any of these decks above $45.
>>
File: pw angola.jpg (19KB, 486x305px) Image search: [Google]
pw angola.jpg
19KB, 486x305px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akirithrasios-wip/

working this out, pls help
>>
>>54794140
I feel like the tribal-theme of the decks is going to push the price up, at least for the dragon deck.
>>
>>54794143
what exactly is this deck supposed to be doing? seems like there's really little synergy here.
>>
Cards we can expect to see today based on the podcast
>Marsil (his ring is also mentioned, so they might print that)
>a UG Taigam from the original Khans timeline
>>
>>54794216
>Wizards actually referencing The Dark

What is this timeline?
>>
>>54794210
artifacts to make akiri beefy, but i don't want to be too reliant on akiri.
>>
>>54794256

They're trying to make up for how badly they fucked up Ludvic last year.
>>
>>54794256
the "dropping return to dominara hints" timeline
>>
>>54794107
How did it work?
>>
If I'm gonna say fuck it and just win with a combo then really why bother with control? Why not just have a deck that's a massive amount of draw, tutors, and some counters to just pull off the combo ASAP and call it a game?
>>
>>54794256
The Dark is actually really well done when you set it next to the Weatherlight Saga
>>
>>54794321
to prevent your buddies from getting their own combo off before you
>>
>>54794317
An aura or equipment attached to a permanent phases out too if that permanent phases out, and phases back in alongside it. If a permanent attached to a token phased out this way, it would never phase back in because the token ceased to exist. Now that tokens will continue to exist while phased out, the combo is broken.
>>
>>54794140
So far the only legitimately good card I have seen spoiled is teferis protection. With the new rules change, not only does it fog, protect you from combos and wog, it also prevents you being blown out by rift, merciless eviction, AND saves tokens. It will be a staple in every deck that goes wide.

Everything else is tribal only (so far, wizards deck could be fly as hell). Dragons might become valuable eventually due to dragon collectors, but nothing is crazy.

I imagine cats and vamps will sink hard if they don't have good reprints
>Inb4 vamp tutor reprint in vamp deck
>>
>>54794317
Equipment attached to a permanent that phases out is "phased out indirectly," and would phase back in when the permanent it was attached to did.
Tokens that phased out would cease to exist.
Turn your opponent's commander into equipment, attach it to your token, phase your token out, and the token would never phase back in, nor would your opponent's commander. The commander rules don't have anything about getting to return your commander from phasing.

Now though tokens will phase back in, as they should, since they're never leaving the battlefield.
>>
>>54794344
But would that require a control deck or just a few more control cards? Not necessarily a deck dedicated to slowing everyone down, taking them to the mat, then winning but a few answers.
>>
>>54794356
edgar markox and the eminence wizard are fucking bonkers. the white dragon that destroys nonland permanents when dragons get targetted is pretty good. the axe that clones itself is pretty good. first you have 1, then you have two, then you have 4, then you have 8, 16, 32, etc. and alms collector is pretty good for keep your blue opponents at bay.
>>
>>54794321
Welcome to cEDH, where you either do that thing you just said or you play stax and completely stop people from comboing out since they have no answers to your stax pieces and control.

Most combo decks run a few answers because of this which slows them down a little, and most stax decks have a combo win they drop too.

You can try out cEDH, or (more likely since you had no idea that was a thing) avoid it entirely to keep your playgroup that clearly isn't playing cEDH
>>
>>54794396
I don't know how fast you think you can combo off, but you're only going to get to combo once before everyone in your group knows what your deck is all about. Then you want to slow them down from taking you out.
>>
>>54794418
>>54794429
Makes sense, I wouldn't want a cutthroat deck that wins on early turns nor would I want one that shuts everyone down since we're not really able to have much fun playing a game we can't actually play. Control it is, then. I'll just keep slowing things down and moderating instead of rushing to a win.
>>
>>54794417
The axe isn't good. Tribal stuff is tribal, I don't imagine there will be a high demand for "unpopular" tribes like cats and vamps. New wizard is honestly worse than azami at being a competitive commander, and all the new dragon commanders are worse than Scion. Dragon collectors will naturally inflate the dragon deck, but any tribe that relies on combat damage alone is honestly just not that good in EDH. I'm sure plenty of these cards will be fun, but none of these decks are going to be pushing $50+ without some serious reprints.

We still have a few cards left for the wizard deck, so maybe that one will be nuts, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_msb5e1Ibub1qz4rgp.png (250KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_msb5e1Ibub1qz4rgp.png
250KB, 500x238px
Long time since I have played magic...
If I make a token copy of a card, does it count as "when this enter the battlefield"?
My guess is yes because then why this picture combo would exist...
>>
>>54794597
Yes. Or for WB less mana and 1 less card you can use Restoration Angel to make infinite hasted copies of itself.
>>
>>54793953

One of the rules is that "if a card exiled face down is a commander it has to be revealed" to prevent this type of shenanigan?
>>
>>54794516
>the axe isn't good
it looks fun, and that's all i need baby.
>>
>>54794216

>UG Taigam

Blue black; pretty sure he's in the wizards deck since tomorrow is wizards day...
>>
>budget deck
>3 colors
>no green
>no taplands

is this possible or a bad idea?
>>
>>54794216
>Taigam is Jeskai and Sultai
>both Taigams can only be played in an Esper deck
>>
File: 1488446022392.png (431KB, 611x607px) Image search: [Google]
1488446022392.png
431KB, 611x607px
>building Scarab God before HoD came out
>secured a Lich Lord of Unx before it did
>price of the card is doubled now
>mfw
>>
>>54794733
Just use basic lands and color fixing, holy shit. Run Esper, get artifacts, do that.
>>
>>54794762
i'm gonna do some testing but it seems possible. probably not great after a merciless eviction but generally, yeah, i think this can work.
>>
File: 1486423238784.jpg (30KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1486423238784.jpg
30KB, 429x410px
>>54793761
>Thoughts on Inalla?

This years chase deck because it clearly is pushed harder than the other three. Also people will have no imagination and we will have a repeat of the Anthrax fiasco from last year.

Get your Riptide Laboraties, Vensers and Archmages. Get them now.
>>
>>54794746
>yfw the broods become khanates again but this time they're shard colors
>Ojutai goes Esper
>Silumgar goes Grixis
>Kolaghan goes Jund
>Atarka goes Naya
>Dromoka goes Bant
>>
>>54794879
>everyone buys them
>rest of the wizard deck ends up being ass
>>
>>54794916
>they go four color
>Ojutai goes Un-Green
>Silumgar goes Un-White
>Kolaghan goes Un-Blue
>Atarka goes Un-Black
>Dromoka goes Un-Red
>>
File: Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg (24KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg
24KB, 300x352px
>>54794879
Why can't WoTC ever make all the decks good? Or at the very least why can't they print the obvious chase deck more heavily to keep the price down
>>
>>54794660
What needs to happen is just saying explicitly that the replacement effect cannot happen if a commander is going to be put into exile face down.
>>
>annoying faggot that plays Mono Red Chaos at the table who loves "crazy shenanigans"
>gets mad when people kill him before turn 5 because no one wants to sit through a fucking copied Scrambleverse or Warp World
>get my infinite out, Mike + Trike, kill only him then kill my Mikaeus
>he flips his fucking shit and walks off
>>
>>54794953
Don't believe everything you hear, we haven't seen many cards from the Wizard-tribal deck yet.
>>
>>54794953
We still don't even know what's in the deck, for all we know the vampire deck could have ~$50 in tutors alone, and the cat deck could have sfm and swords while the dragon deck has an actually good manabase (which honestly it should have, since it's a 5 color deck with at least one card needing triple red.)

Stop overreacting, save that shit for when we at least know for sure this set is shit.
>>
>>54794973
>hating fun
>playing wombo-combo fucking mikaeus
makes sense
>>
>>54794973
>people that win but then don't
That's even worse. Just let us move on to the next game.
>>
>>54795023
>chaos
>fun
>>
>>54794953
Because all colors are not good.
Blue is the most inherently powerful deck because it's the deck that controls two of the most powerful mechanics in any card game: card advantage and the ability to just say no.
Black follows close because some of it's most powerful cards are balanced around 20lp and therefore become twice as good when you have twice the resources to spend on them, the only life that matters is the last one and paying 10 to draw your combo pieces and remove answers from your opponent's hand is easy.
Green comes next because it has been pushed brutally these past 8 years. Marketing says stupid big creatures sell, so they continue to print stupid big creatures and ways to cheat them into play as many turns before they should as possible.

The other two colors are shit in commander because of what they are.
White is the color of sideboard tech and creature quality. Neither matter much when you have 3+ opponents. And red is designed to be barely fast enough to deal 20 damage before other colors win which means it can't even go halfway through a single opponent in EDH through it's own means.

Any deck that contains white or red will be worse than any deck that doesn't. Any deck that contains blue or black will be better than any one that doesnt'. And instead of balancing this by printing better cards for white and red, they just print shitty cards for everyone and the problem subsists because shitty blue and black cards will still outperform shitty white and red cards because of the inherent mechanical composition behind each color.
>>
>>54795040
>jerking yourself off with 3 cards to kill the whole table
>fun
>>
>>54795023
Chaos is the exact opposite of fun. Scrambleverse is horrendous to sit through, and a copied one has taken nearly 30 minutes to resolve both. Warp World also sucks cock to have resolve and so does Thieves Auction, Goblin Game and every other card in that fucking deck.
>>
>>54795057
copied, sure I'd agree
I'd probably just make a house rule to not allow copying of cards that take so long to resolve
>>
File: Suggestions.jpg (108KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Suggestions.jpg
108KB, 790x1000px
>>54795023
>>54795052
>chaos
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""fun""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
So will this have much of an effect on snapcaster mage? Price wise, and playwise I suppose.
>>
File: 1489638116725.jpg (15KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1489638116725.jpg
15KB, 300x222px
>>54795063
>infinite combos
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""fun""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>54795046

I think that last paragraph is blatantly untrue.

seriously, white has the most flexible removal, the best board wipes, weenies, enchantress, as well as token support and while all of that may not be t1 it winds up not mattering at a casual table as often. white and red are good "support colors" but they're not strong enough to hold themselves up on their own like U/B/G do.
>>
>>54795052
Combos are more fun then Chaos by far. They are at least disruptable, through most Artifact, Enchantment, and creature removal. The only way to stop a shit eater dropping Warp World is a counterspell.
>>
>>54795076
Yes, because it means the game is over and you can go on to the next one. The end goal of a chaos deck is everyone scooping because they have to go home. That's not fun.
>>
>>54795076
2 card infinite combos aren't all that fun, I admit. But being able to assemble some janky 5 card combo that you didn't tutor for is always a good time in my book
>>
>>54795076
If you have a craw wurm meta sure. Combos and powerful decks give interesting decisions, like do you Tutor for a conbo piece or a hard answer to another decks combo that you feel they are close to assembling. Do you sit back and be reactive and wait to drop it after a resource war or force an answer and recur it next turn?
>>
File: 1452552067570.jpg (37KB, 638x708px) Image search: [Google]
1452552067570.jpg
37KB, 638x708px
>having to sit there and untangle a billion and one etb triggers all going off at once
>while the chaos player is laughing thinking everyone is having fun but everyone just wants to kill themselves to save the time
>fun
>>
Decision making in """"""Fun""""""" Chaos decks
>do I have the mana to cast one of the many obnoxious cards in my hand
>if yes cast it
>giggle like an autist as the table groans and begins grabbing all their permanents up
>30 minutes later
>"Man sucks we could only get 2 games in Anon, I gotta go guys"
>>
>>54795111
>why play a singleton format when I can just tutor for the same 3 cards?
>>
Also not all tier 1 and 2 Commanders are combo. Theres a good amount of Control, Good stuff, and even occasional aggro like Ruric Thar. Ane early Ruric Thar makes life hell for Combo.
>>
All this salt makes me want to build a Chaos deck. Who's the best commander for such a deck?
>>
>>54795136
>implying this is a real problem when you're just going to combo off in 3 turns like the faggot you are anyways
>>
>thinking combos save time
>not having that guy that makes everyone go through the combo in its entirety just to make them feel bad
>>
>>54795139
If you are always tutoring the combo up you are playing bad. You need to evaluate board states. Maybe Narset is gonna be cast soon so you tutor up a Grave Pact, or the Bant players flooding the board with goodstuff and needs to be set back with a wipe before they Craterhoof win.
>>
>>54795149
>implying I'm the combo player
>>
>>54795148
vial smasher
>>
>>54795148
Arjun. The first thing to go to chaos is your own hand.
Tana. One of the best Gruul Legends.
Wort. Conspired Scrambleverse, Vexing Shusher.
Riku. Hive Mind Copied Warp World.
>>
>>kys pls
>>
>>54795164
Why when you can just tutor for the win?
>>
>>54795179
Because your opponents also have cards.
>>
Ok combos
>2 to 3 pieces, easily explained how it ends the game like Mike+Trike, Exquisite Blood+Sanguine Bond, Blasting Station combos, Kiki Jiki combos
>ends the game in 30 seconds or less of explanation, you present the pieces and thats it
Bad combos
>Any variant of Storm, Doomsday, Lab Man
>convoluted bullshit that takes a 15 minute turn to accomplish
>>
>>54794916
> Naya Atarka
My diiiiiiiiiick
>>
>>54795179
You dont always have both pieces or the mana for all of them at once and if someone wins next turn and you could have tutored an answer you'll feel pretty dumb sitting there with two useless combo pieces in hand as they end the game.
>>
Lol just tutor up combo and win, no board state evaluation, no answers your opponents might have, no disruption, just tutor and win
t. Craw Wurm afficionado
>>
>>54795189
Easy to explain, but I still want you to go through all the triggers
>>
>>54795246
Lol just chaos and win, no board state evaluation, no answers your opponents might have, no disruption, just chaos and win
>>
>>54795246
This made me laugh more than it should have.
>>
>>54795252
Then you are being the asshole, the moment people see Kiki Jiki and Deciever Exarch they know what has happened, they check their hand for an answer and when the table has reached the consensus that no one can stop it the game is over and that player has won. It takes 15 fucking seconds
>>
>>54795280
The only way Chaos wins is people scooping out of frustration. They rarely ever have a wincon in them. Its just "lol wacky board state guys"
>>
>>54793761
So out of 3 new vampier legends Mathas seems the most interesting but I'm having trouble thinking of ways to abuse him. Is this even possible?
>>
>>54795246
>tfw no legendary wurms to make the ultimate timmy deck
>>
>>54794916
That's gross and you should feel gross. If there is something we don't get enough of it is interesting enemy colored cards. While narrative wise that sounds cool I'm tired of shards and allied pairs.

Plox gibe more Enemy pairs and Wedges
>t. Boros/Mardu-fag
>>
>>54794597
That combo doesn't actually work.
>>
>>54795393
WB Commander thats not sacrifice effects
UR Commander thats not card draw or spellslinger
GB Commander thats not literally just graveyard recursion
UG Commander thats interesting
RW Commander thats not worse Aurelia/Gisela

Design space aside, a man can dream
>>
>>54795430
>WB Commander thats not sacrifice effects
I have a good time with Karlov.
>>
>>54795417
Sure it does.

>Tap Mirror-Breaker targeting Karmic Guide
>Sacrifice MB
>Resolve MB ability and create KG copy
>KG copy returns MB to the battlefield
>Return to step one
>>
>Good Idea
Playing a few chaos cards in order to disrupt others players as a form of control in a color that doesnt have alot of, thus providing a healthy, interesting local meta.

>Bad Idea
Playing exclusively chaos cards, thus turning the game into a longer, drawn out, and more annoying game of stax and tax, resulting you being thrown out from the local meta.

THE END
>>
>>54795430
Gisela is an awful Boros commander. She's like Putting-Razakath-in-the-MonoB-deck's-CZ Bad
>>
I'm thinking about playing Singleton games with the gf/friends circle, anyone have experience with it? I like the idea of a bunch of different cards and really having a feel of diversity amongst decks.
>>
>>54795473
Stop it anon, Red doesn't do control. We settled this last thread.
>>
>>54795457
Im just stating most commanders in the enemy colors are a bit shallow mechanics wise. Kinda samey, with clear better commanders.
>>
>chaos decks are cancer
what does /tg/ think about happy hippo decks?
>>
>>54795515
Fair enough, we could use more unique ones.
Maybe that'll be the set next year.
>>
>>54795485
>Being this salty

Red does do control though. They have a shitton of boardwipes and removal, and plenty of ways to go in on stax with all the artifact support they have.

If red isn't control, then show me how white is control.
>>
>>54795536
Also cancer
>>
>>54795430
>WB Commander thats not sacrifice effects
Groupslug/STAX nightmare/hatebears

>UR Commander thats not card draw or spellslinger
Artifacts or tempo-beats or voltron

>GB Commander thats not literally just graveyard recursion
Swarm or slug or midrange

>UG Commander thats interesting
I'm honestly having problems here

>RW Commander thats not worse Aurelia/Gisela
Spellslinger or Artifacts
>>
Goddamn, that Shandalar game is kicking my ass

Playing on Wizard difficulty on the first time and I got so many shit cards
>>
File: ITS TIME TO PAY THE PRICE.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ITS TIME TO PAY THE PRICE.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>54795485
disruption is a form of control
>>
>>54795430
>ug commander that's interesting
it's literally not possible to design a more interesting simic commander than beyoncelf
>>
>>54795637
>>54795430

Rashmi probably isn't as fly as kraj.

Either way ug has a few interesting commanders.

Bw has Karl, blaxos, and dark angel life loss combos.

You are pretty much right for ur and rw. GB has a bunch of options, but you only ever see the graveyard matter decks because they are so damn strong with no effort. There is a lot of synergy between those two colors.
>>
File: Hellcarver_Demon.jpg (201KB, 920x717px) Image search: [Google]
Hellcarver_Demon.jpg
201KB, 920x717px
>>54794973
Our blue/red player is the same way, Plays locust god with basically nothing but mana rocks, draw, and stupid combos that almost never make him win he basically just ends up getting a huge hand and windfalling and copying it from the grave, Basically will make me, him and maybe another guy draw out leaving one guy left and occasionally two. they are rarely even happy they won that way cus there was no fun gameplay or politics to make the game interesting. Just his 15 minute timewalking draw windfall combo that he does almost every game.
Im building a Damia control deck to fuck with him and sense im the only other guy in our group that plays blue ill be the only other dude with counters. Basically gonna be a cruel control deck and im gonna try and lock him out of combos. Any card recommendations?
>>
File: P197.jpg (727KB, 1280x1873px) Image search: [Google]
P197.jpg
727KB, 1280x1873px
>>54795636
Price of Progress > Furnace of Rath > Price of Progress
Time to pay the Price, twice.
>>
File: consider.png (666KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
666KB, 1126x845px
>>54795430
>UR commander with 0/1 P/T, but he is not affected by legendary rule, constantly creates copies of itself and steals/impulse draws from opponents' libraries on connecting
>>
File: 110.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>54795637
>>
>>54795746
That first one should've been Price of Glory to make it relevant. But I am but a dingus
>>
anyone else triggered by this looking like a lazy photoshoop?
>>
File: 8762659721.jpg (103KB, 254x332px)
8762659721.jpg
103KB, 254x332px
>>54795839
That is hideous.
>>
>>54795839
>giving a fuck at this point
>>
File: ooze_ivan_1995_02.jpg (288KB, 853x480px)
ooze_ivan_1995_02.jpg
288KB, 853x480px
>>54795839
>>
>>54795839
Still pretty sweet to make a 5 color volton counters deck
>>
>>54795839
>m
>>
>>54795983
Or door to nothingness/transguild courier.dec
>>
>>54796045
Well, you have to have that package in the deck.

Both would be funny
>>
>>54795757
thinking of building kraj from an abandoned atraxa brew. does it work better as its own thing?
>>
>>54796045
>2 cards
>.dec
?
>>
>That feel when tinkering and tuning your deck

Maybe you swapped out some filler cards with some power that finally arrived in the mail.
Fixed your mana base.
Hell maybe you literally just put in one card.

But that feeling when you edit and focus a deck is magical
>>
File: gtfhghfghf.jpg (443KB, 2381x368px) Image search: [Google]
gtfhghfghf.jpg
443KB, 2381x368px
These cards all have interesting ideas, but in what non-tribal decks would they actually be useful?

Also, I would play the shit out of Mathos if it was an activated ability, or if you could stack counters on a single creature for greater value.
>>
File: 8_pic.jpg (127KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
8_pic.jpg
127KB, 700x560px
>>54796221
Preach it brother. I might be autistic but every time I get new pile of cards for my decks I pull them all apart and then evaluate with cards are underachivers, with ones have to stay and if the new stuff is in fact better than the old.
>>
>>54796244
I would say teferi protection is good everywhere. It stops any form of damage to the face, protects your stuff from wipes and any form of targeted decking tech.

Stalking leonin is obviously fine everywhere where you bounce your stuff.

Mathas I'm still trying to figure out
>>
>>54796296
>I would say teferi protection is good everywhere

You're not going to kill anyone with it. It's a defensive card, so more aggressive decks aren't as interested.
>>
>>54796244
i'm building akiri with the axe and curse of opulance.
>>
>>54796343
Aggressive decks might still want to protect their dudes/swords/mana rocks etc from wipes
>>
File: nicolbolasthedeceiver.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nicolbolasthedeceiver.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
Is Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver good? Is it even playable?
>>
>>54795472
>>54794597
So, does this mean I can tell my opponent that, since it goes on as long as I want, it's the same as looking at the whole deck and rearrange the cards as I wish?
>>
>>54796387
Wouldn't say so. For 8 mana he nets you
- punishment mechanic that gives opponents to much space to wiggle out
- solid removal
- 7 damage is eh but draw 7 is good problem is he starts at 5 loyalty so letft alone it's like 4 turns before you fire it off

Compare to God Pharaoh who has 7 loyalty for 7 mana has two abilities that will always provide at least some value and his ulti is GG
>>
>>54796407
it means you woul be able to look at the whole thing but not adjust order at all: you're either putting a card you see at the very end, or keeping it on top. The library's order is retained but you get to choose which point in your library you want to be the top of your deck and all cards above that go to the bottom, with their order retained.
>>
>>54796407
>rearrange the cards as I wish
No. When yo scry 1, you can only put the top card on the bottom of your library, or leave it on the top. You cannot rearagne the order of cards. At best, You can make sure a specific card is on top.
>>
>>54796387
For 8 mana you get
>+3: Each opponent makes an incredibly easy decision
>-3: Remove one threat from the board. Draw a card to replace this terrible one.
>-11: Will be spot removed long before it hits and won't be as impactful as you want. Too much setup for what amounts to a wheel with Nekusar out. Can't even activate the turn it comes out with a Doubling Season in play if you happened to be in green. Just bad.
>>
>>54796387
its not that bad imo.
>>
>>54796434
>>54796436
You're right, can't rearrange the deck but I can still look at all the cards in my deck and take mental notes on their order.
Also, if that was Scry 2 then I would be able to actually rearrange the deck, given enough time.
>>
>>54794101

panharmonicon wont trigger eminence.
>>
>>54796559
I mean, if you keep doing it before each draw you've effectively made it to where you get whatever you want each time.
>>
>>54796563
it will if she is on the battlefield and not in the CZ
>>
>>54796563
Not from the Command Zone, but it's fine if she's a creature.
>>
Need help throttling my animar deck. Goes off too fast, even when I remove all hexproof/good tutors. Not running animporphs
>>
>>54796563
It will if the commander with Eminence is on the battlefield.
>>
>>54796605
Of the four, only Inalla would.
>>
>>54796244
I'm gonna build a Gwafa deck with Fractured Identity + Leveler.
>>
File: EuQnPsm.jpg (328KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
EuQnPsm.jpg
328KB, 1500x844px
Also, two new cards.
>>
File: e9SSx3L.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
e9SSx3L.png
175KB, 265x370px
>>54796674
>>
>>54796674
Wizards won't be pushed they said.
>>
>>54793761
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54796687
>7 mana creature
>Pushed
>>
File: 1382658527041.gif (205KB, 322x310px) Image search: [Google]
1382658527041.gif
205KB, 322x310px
>>54796221
>tfw one of your long-running decks that used to fuck everyone up is getting where it just can't compete anymore
>spend a little time, effort, and money tuning it up
>it comes back stronger than ever before
It really is a great feeling.
>>
>>54796674
this is insanely good
>>
>>54796742
>have a board of 4-6 wizards
>play this
>bounce 4-6 biggest threats every turn
>while playing blue in edh

I dont think you see the value in this card
>>
>>54796775
if you can keep a board of 4-6 creatures of a type and color that hardly makes tokens i'd say you are winning anyway.

you aren't even accomplishing a lot aside for asking for a boardwipe/removals(note: it can't bounce your stuff).if you tap them you can't attack with them.

imagine if green or red had 6 non token creatures on board including a 7 drop.... they would straight up kill someone that turn.
the real deal is if you have an untap engine and some wheels/discards
>>
>>54796802
Unwinding Clock and Lattice. Bounce 'em all, Johnny
>>
>>54796775
I'd rather play Tidespout Tyrant to be honest.
>>
>>54796684
>no "may pay any color mana to cast"-clause
RREEEE
>>
>>54796802
>color that hardly makes tokens
Consider Inalla.
>>
>>54797097
You're not going to be swarming the field with Inalla unless you manage to stick Sundial.
>>
>>54797171
>manage to stick
Well that's true for everything in the game, except emblems and the eminence commanders themselves. Other than that, you'll be running with blue, you can probably answer removals.
>>
>>54797201
The fragility of Sundial or your ability to protect it isn't really the point.
>>
>>54796684
Oh good, a reminder of how fucking creepy and weird and wasted Tarkir's face-stealing Grudge vampires were
>>
>>54797257
Whatever.
>>
>>54797265
Pretty much everything in Tarkir was more interesting than dragons. Creepy swamp vampire monsters, Rakshasas, fantasy huns fighting a Not-Persian empire with gigantic walking fortresses
>>
>>54797341
Even their efreets and orcs where nicer than the fucking dragons. I want to punch Sarkhan and Ugin.
>>
>>54797367
At first I wasn't as interested in Tarkir as Asia is just not my jam but after reading up more about it I must say this could be interesting RPG setting unlike say Zendikar(Only thing I like about zendikar are local vampires)
>>
File: Pyromancer's Swath.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Pyromancer's Swath.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>54796244
Fractured Identity should be a staple in Zedruu "I'm helping :^)" decks.
You can't always donate your gifts, and it affects all opponents at the cost of missing out on Zedruu's card draw.
>>
>>54797367
What Sarkhan did inadvertently killed Anafenza. Fuck him
>>
Stirpe's Fettuccini - 5BB
Sorcery
Choose a creature type. Destroy all creatures that aren't from the chosen type.
>>
>>54797521
new card for reaper king, bless
>>
>>54797341
>khans was interesting
>tfw guy with a dragon fetish ruins an entire plane just because he loves dragons

Fate rereforged when?
>>
>>54797521
Kinda boring, but I guess it's fair at 7 CMC.
>>
>>54795189
Lab Man>draw my deck is a pretty simple combo though.
>>
>>54796244
I'm gonna play the shit out of Mathas once I get the rest of my new decks out of my system.

Stalking Leonin goes in Queen Marchesa as part of the whole "attack me, but watch out" thing.

Crimson Honor Guard I might stick into whatever. Probably Chandra, since it is damage based.
>>
>>54795328
Still sad the 8 CMC 20/20 vanilla wurm legendary turned out to be fake.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>54797521
>>54796674

>Everyone here being happy with these gigantic cmc spells that require fuckton to cast.
>Meanwhile in my playgroup trying to cast a 5+ mana spell means you either get countered on the spot or it gets removed 5 seconds later and it either has to win you the game on the spot or be a setup to win next turn to have it on your deck in the first place.

My playgroup is sometimes extremely hostile when it comes to commander powerlevels. Theres:

>Oloro ALL the counterspells fucking control with Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace wincon.

>Zedru control with 20 counterspells and expendable permanents that can be safely given around and wins with Splinter Twin + deceiver exarch.

>Classic Agustin fuck you control

>Oona faeries ALL the counterspells and win with end step flash into hit you for 21 with Hatred.

>Narset EXTRA TURNS with all the mana rocks to drop her on turn 3 - 4

>Animar all the manadorks ETB infinite combo you out

>Proshh all the manadorks ETB infinite combo you out

Basically everyone tries to be as degenerate as possible which limits deckbuilding into low cmc battles before anyone gets to go off.

Even lighting bolt is good because 1 mana dork untapping on turn 3 is the difference between dying or surviving.

I wish i could get to enjoy these thematic commanders without having to get shitted on in my playgroup
>>
>>54797767
Quit your playgroup.
>>
>>54795473
So Possibility Storm in Ruric?
>>
>>54797767
I feel bad for you. I'd rather play with myself using 2 of my own decks than being in a group with decks like that.
>>
>>54793761
>Thoughts on Inalla?
definitely the most interesting commander so far and may actually not be boring as fuck like the other decks. will probably end up being a big combo commander in the end
>>
>>54797767
Your playgroup is good they keep shitters at bay.
>>
>>54794973
I mean, I'm fine with monored chaos and it can be fun to fuck with people, but I feel like if you do you have to know you will be hated off the board.
>>
I like that the tribal theme extended to the art, even on cards that don't care about creature type. The whole thing has a whimsical feel to it.
>>
>>54793761
>Thoughts on Inalla?
It is going to be the deck everyone wants this year unless the other three have some serious reprints in them.
>>
>>54796387
the middle ability is the only good one but he will get killed immediately because 8 mana spells scare people and an 8 mana PW will scare people more

end the end you will spend 8 mana to use the -3 once and then it will die so its basically shit
>>
>>54797767
Quit your playgroup, it sounds horrendously boring.
>>
>>54796674
pretty decent

>>54796684
total shit, clearly made shitty to avoid it being good in legacy
>>
File: IMG_1850.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
I'm building UB Cycling.dec with this bug lady at the helm.

Besides Chasm Skulker, Psychosis Crawler, the new cycling matters stuff, what other cards can turn Cycling into something more meaningful?

I have Thought Reflection and Alhammaret's Archive, but I don't know what happens after that. Zombie Infestation?
>>
>>54797947
>made shitty to avoid it being good in legacy
Saddens me that this happens so often.
>>
>>54796923
It lets you play lands. Plus, Fellwar Stone and the new rules works.

It isn't good, but it is better than any other repeatable versions of this effect.
>>
>>54797978
Rise from the Tides, Runechanter's Pike, and Living Death seem like good ways to utilize all the cycled cards in your graveyard.
>>
File: IMG_1851.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1851.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54798115
Sensible suggestions. I'll have to pay more attention to my creature-noncreature split, but those are my style.
>>
>>54794107
Fuck, that was glorious
>>
>>54794326
You mean the novel?
>>
>>54796244
Marthas Fiend Seeker just seems like a really fun WBR card. He is slow so it's not that powerful but the brand on creatures is definitely an interesting mechanic that could draw you some cards and distract opponents.
>>
File: ur241_mvm6jstbb8_5.jpg (259KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
ur241_mvm6jstbb8_5.jpg
259KB, 620x453px
>>54797767
Sounds like your group needs a dedicated Ruric Thar player
>>
>>54798469
Not him, but I'm interested how exactly are you going to counter any of these with Ruric? You can slam him turn 3+, but you'd probably have to run noncreature ramp to do so and people wouldn't die from his damage comboing out with 2-3 cards, that is, if you would be able to push him through Augustin
>>
Is it just me or is this years commander set just really meh?
>>
>>54798641
I'm feeling burned out since I shelled for Atraxa and Breya and barely played them, so even with some nice legendaries I'm not willing to pay as of now
>>
>>54793855
I think my favorite part of this is that it omits Modern... which would probably just be a back alley brawl or something.
>>
>>54795839
the front leg looks like some kind of stuffed animal face
>>
>>54798641
I'm a bit saddened by Vampires, think they could have been made stronger.

But Wizards is looking really good
>>
>>54798641
Every year's commander set is kind of meh, but there's always a few worthwhile things. Especially if you like jank.
>>
>>54798680
Time to recall how many decent playable vampire there were in previous years, can't say the same about the cats.
>>
>>54798664
>>54798664
>I shelled for Atraxa and Breya and barely played them
Same, I actually sold off Atraxa cause its so boring and Breya got turned into Sharuum.

>>54798680
Wizards are pushed as fuck.
>>
>>54795839
No. The art of a card doesn't bother me all that much when 90% of the time, I won't be looking at it in such a high resolution. When I get an actual print of Ramos, I'll hardly be able to tell.
>>
>>54798641
Some of them look really fun. I'm excited to build Ramos, Catforge Meowstic, and Bounty Vampire.
>>
>>54794597
>>54795472
Kiki-Karmic doesn't work because the copy Karmic's ability would go onto the stack before you can sac Kiki to the Seer, and since you declare targets when a spell or ability goes onto the stack (not when they resolve) and Kiki is still on the battlefield, Kiki is not a legal target for the Karmic clone's ability.
>>
>>54798715
Breya and Sharuum are reasons I got redpilled on decks that are fun on paper vs decks that are actually fun to play. I intend on keeping Atraxa in case I need to build goodstuff control in the best colors, but the superfriends vibe she has floating around spoils all the cool factor of her being phyrexian. I never really sell legendaries though
>>
>>54795739
i have a damia deck but it's more of a villainous wealth ramp deck
run alhammarets archive and thought relfection and watch shit burn
>>
>>54798830
Don't be dumb. You sac Kikki before his ability resolves. We've been through this.
>>
File: radiate.jpg (31KB, 223x310px)
radiate.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54796244
>schnitzelrune axe
Kemba Voltron (inb4 still kinda tribal, blow me)

>teferi's protection
Oloro Stax

>crimson honor guard
Mogis Group Slug

>curse of opulence
Daretti, Scrap Savant Artifacts

>fortunate few
Avacyn, Angel of Hope Board Wipe Tribal

>fractured identity
Zedruu Group Hug (but mostly so you can also Radiate it!)

>hungry lynx
Fucking... this card IS tribal tech. What do you expect?

>mathas, fiend seeker
Queen Marchesa Politics

>stalking leonin
Brago, King Eternal Flicker
>>
>>54798835
Anything that combos off easily tends to get boring and repetitive. Why even bother playing cool artifact shit like Clock of Omens in Sharuum if you can just grab Phyrexian Metamorph and win?

That's why I'm worried about Inalla. I want to do fun wizard shit that isn't just play a two card combo or you're intentionally building the deck to be low powered.
>>
>>54799013
I mean, the things with Clock and everything weren't even that fun, given the effort it takes to assemble and mediocre effect. I don't know if it's just me though
>>
Post your MtG waifu
NOW
>>
>>54799066
Not enough anime for that
>>
File: IMG_0262.jpg (171KB, 620x883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
171KB, 620x883px
>>54799066
I love her!
>>
File: 68a189e187b743afe47f6212a87a164f.jpg (593KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
68a189e187b743afe47f6212a87a164f.jpg
593KB, 1920x1080px
>>54799066
best girl
>>
>>54797521
Does the choice of type really warrant an extra 2 as compared to, say, Crux of Fate? This would have been fair at 5. At 7, it's bulk.
>>
File: Victor the Enthralling.jpg (129KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
Victor the Enthralling.jpg
129KB, 1200x877px
>>54799066
Literal objective best coming through.
Nornies can't compete, deal with it.
>>
File: IMG_1852.jpg (87KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1852.jpg
87KB, 312x445px
>>54799066
I'm lame.
>>
File: ashnod.jpg (194KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
ashnod.jpg
194KB, 480x680px
>>54799066
I want her to sacrifice my dick for mana.
>>
>>54799116
Eh, it's 2 mana cheaper than Plague Wind or In Garruk's Wake, so in a tribal deck it's strictly better there.
>>
>>54796674
that's fucking insane, if you can get an illusionists bracers on it you pretty much win
>>
File: 82.jpg (67KB, 312x445px)
82.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54799066
Also obligatory Nin
>>
>>54799137
>whenever a creature successfully smashes, destroy it.

dude do not want
>>
>>54799117
That mirin goblin always gets me.
>>
File: BloodbraidWaifu.png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
BloodbraidWaifu.png
140KB, 223x311px
>>54799066
She Who is Too Good for Modern
>>
>>54799116
It costed as a Plague Wind as that is usually what it is.

I got your point however. Crux has a surprisingly relevant downside of Dragons being popular even outside of tribal. This lets you pick Thrull if you are doing obscure tribes or Sponge when you need it to be a proper wrath.
>>
File: boab95_master.jpg (68KB, 620x379px) Image search: [Google]
boab95_master.jpg
68KB, 620x379px
>>54799101
Good taste anon
>>
>>54799153
>he doesn't want to reanimate just to fuck and die over and over
>>
File: 13 (3).jpg (61KB, 312x445px)
13 (3).jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>54799066
>>
File: ogdrana.jpg (198KB, 1458x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ogdrana.jpg
198KB, 1458x1066px
>>54799066
>>
File: 78.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
78.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>54799066
Protection is mandatory though
>>
File: en_NKedJuudZp.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_NKedJuudZp.png
177KB, 265x370px
>>
File: mayael.jpg (652KB, 1170x855px) Image search: [Google]
mayael.jpg
652KB, 1170x855px
>>54799066
Timmyfu, she understands me.
>>
>>54799245
That's... peculiar.
>>
File: en_l8KkzhK5Fj.png (173KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_l8KkzhK5Fj.png
173KB, 265x370px
>>54799245
Damn you
>>
>>54799245
Already thinking of shenanigans
>>
>>54799116
Honestly, at 5 it would be used in non-tribal decks to just name a really obscure type like Brushwagg so it'd be a 5 cost Damnation.
>>
File: liliana, defiant necromancer.png (113KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
liliana, defiant necromancer.png
113KB, 223x311px
>>54799066
liliana vess
not exactly original but there's a good reason for that, pal. best waifu
>>
>>54799245
Basalt Monolith combos, the general
>>
File: oathofajani.jpg (143KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
oathofajani.jpg
143KB, 850x500px
>>54799066
Make way for best boy
>>
>>54799267
Nifty
>>
>>54799286
>only once each turn
>>
>>54799286
You can only use each ability once, anon. No infinites here.
>>
File: cagecounter.jpg (16KB, 433x368px) Image search: [Google]
cagecounter.jpg
16KB, 433x368px
>>54799245
I'm hoping for more cards using those counters.
>>
>>54799267
That's kinda cool.
>>
>>54799245
>you may activate each of those abilities only once each turn
What is even the point if you have that massive restriction? The only thing that this kind of Kraj effect is ever good for is infinite combos.

This guy sucks dick, get wrecked lore fans. It's Ludevic 2.0
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54799066
The pout gets me
>>
>>54799288
>ywn smell Ajani's freshly licked chest fur
>>
File: IMG_7498.jpg (513KB, 1280x1024px)
IMG_7498.jpg
513KB, 1280x1024px
>>54799066
>>54799252

She gets me big creatures to turn sideways. What more do I need?
>>
>>54799310
>>54799311
>what is Deadeye Navigator
>>
>>54799323
It's still useful. A card doesn't need to be broken to be good and he's still playing to form decently well. This is nowhere near as bad as Ludevic or O-Kagachi.
>>
>>54799344
>ywn rest on Ajani's massive abs as he licks your hair and neck
>>
>>54799352
Oh fuck me, it's "all cards you own in exile with counters", not the usual "all cards exiled with ~".

That would work.
>>
>>54799362
>A card doesn't need to be broken to be good
Good luck convincing the Spike crowd that.
>>
>>54799323
>What is even the point if you have that massive restriction?
prevent infinite combos obviously
>>
>>54799245
favorite general spoiled since Ojewtie the uncounterable dragons duder
>>
>>54799245
Is this the hyped lore character? He looks like a generic evil guy from Innistrad.
>>
>>54799167
Modern is too terrible for her
>>
>>54799267
give it the clamps
>>
Only 5 cards left.
>>
>>54799377
I don't have to though.
>>
>>54799245
Alright, so this goes infinite with Deadeye and Gilded Lotus, right? Infinite mana+infinite ETBs is pretty abusable, though not as good as Inalla of course.
>>
>>54799405
Yeah, he's the one that set Lim-Dul on the path to evil and fucked up Ith.
>>
>>54799449
He needs haste tho
>>
File: kindredboon.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kindredboon.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
Kindred Boon
2WW
Enchantment
When Kindred Boon enters the battlefield choose a creature type.

1W: Put a divinity counter on target creature you control with the chosen type.

All creatures you control with a divinity counter become indestructible.
>>
>>54799245
I came
>>
>>54799245
better than eminence wizard
easily
>>
>>54799471
Shit, true enough.
>>
>>54799449
You'd need a haste enabler and one other creature, but yes. Tap for UUU, blink, have U left over. Tap for UUU, blink, have UU left over. Do that a few thousand times, then start tapping for BBB or RRR and chewing through stored blue mana, to have effectively infinite mana of every color, and as many ETB/LTB triggers as you want.
>>
>>54799362
>It's still useful
How?
>>
>>54799484
>divinity counter
THEY LISTENED
I KNEW THE dragon SPIRIT COMMANDER WASNT A MISTAKE!!!
>>
>>54799484
Hey, O-Kagachi, found your indestructible.
>>
>>54799493
Better designed, absolutely. More powerful, no. Inalla can generate tons of value and/or win on the spot, all from the command zone. Eminence is a terrible idea and should have stopped with Oloro.
>>
>>54799500
>>54799471
Haste is easy enough to get in red, run Fervor or Anger or something in the like
>>
>>54799534
>>54799500
Now I kinda wish he was green for Hermit Druid. Still, I'm definitely gonna keep brewing this guy. He might just be my dream commander.
>>
>>54799534
Oh yeah, it's not hard to find, just saying it's a necessary component for the combo.
>>
>>54799520
Gives you quick access to some higher cost activated abilities. I mean, people already figured out a decent infinite combo with him.
>>
>>54799066
BEST GIRL, COMING THOUGH
>>
>>54799245
Coool! I can't complain about the Grixis deck being boring and poorly designed.
>>
>>54799528
>Inalla can generate tons of value and/or win on the spot
I'm not convinced that there will be enough wizards worth playing
>>
>>54799500
And if the main Commander is your current commander, you get free clones of him including every ability every time you blink.
>>
>>54799534
I's a 4 card combo now. Granted you need those in hand/graveyard but still I doesn't even win you the game. Janky
>>
>>54799551
You still have to be able to play the abilities. He has a combo but it's 4 pieces which is nothing special.
>>
>>54799350
>what more do I need
winter orb
>>
>>54799555
She'll mostly be good for copying utility creatures I imagine. Cloning Trinket Mage means quick access to some really useful artifacts.
>>
File: 1406528846207.jpg (37KB, 315x311px) Image search: [Google]
1406528846207.jpg
37KB, 315x311px
>>54799484
>Building Mageta Wraths
>mfw this

Looks like I'm adding a few more humans into this deck
>>
>>54799555
With even as little as two wizards, there is no reason not to run her if you aren't doing something like this new guy or Marchesa.

Most Grixis commanders don't do much. This one doesn't even need to be cast.
>>
>>54799591
its posts like this that make me wonder what percent of people in /edhg/ actually cast their commanders
>>
>>54799571
My kind of combo.
>>
>>54799573
If one of the pieces is in the command zone (assuming you make him the commander), then that gets a lot easier. Just get some kind of haste enabler, even Greaves will work, Gilded Lotus in hand, and DEN and it's good to go. And these are all generally useful cards too, so you don't lose anything by running them. He's no Ludevic by any means because at least he's serviceable. Ludevic is not.
>>
File: The Ur-Dragon.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
The Ur-Dragon.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
>>54799612
For what it's worth, I'm going to play The Ur-Dragon with the intent to summon it.
>>
>>54799612
She can be a wincon once cast with her ability to tap down wizards to deal damage, so there is some incentive to cast her.
>>
Anyone have any tech for Azusa Stax? I'm trying to build her >to further indulge my stax fetish>
>>
>>54799612
I personally love windmill slamming my commander turn 3, but I know many cEDH decks don't need to. And the sort of generic goodstuff that the eminence bitch does, there's no reason to.

There are explosive cEDH decks that run Zur or Breya and win using their commander, but there are decks that just need the colors and the colors may as well do something when you don't cast them.

And extra snapcaster can really help a Grixis storm deck.
>>
File: groundseal.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
groundseal.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54799650
>>
>>54799625
To be fair, there's two card combos where one card is in the command zone.

Is it FUNNY to win with that goofy 4 card combo? Absofuckinglutely. Should you put it into your deck if you want to? Hell yes you should. But it's not really very 'good' as far as infinite combos go.
>>
>>54799630
That's because his second ability is actually good. Combat-based, sure, but good for what it is. A lot of people talk about how combat doesn't matter in EDH, but it matters more than they think at casual tables, which are the majority.
>>
File: IMG_0301.jpg (82KB, 312x445px)
IMG_0301.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>54799245
>valuetown, the general
I'm so done with conventional recursion anyways, this is perfect for me.
>>
>>54799655
jeleva is heads and shoulders better than the new wizard
theres a 0% chance that she will see any competitive play
>>
>>54799662
Oh, I don't intend to call it a good infinite combo when much easier ones exist, but he's at least got something going for him and he's interesting as far as new commanders go.
>>
>>54799661
Neat
>>
>>54799662
No it's not cEDH good. It's fun, and the commander has an interesting, unique ability that can sometimes lead to an infinite combo.
>>
>>54799695
Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing this deck across the table, because it lends itself well to "goofy fun shit".
>>
>>54799245
>not wearing his rainbow robes
A little disappointed.
>>
>>54799674
She needs to attack which requires either slots for greaves or your opponents being retards.

I don't understand that argument.
>>
>>54799630
what's the fluff for this guy anyway? he seems like a pretty big guy
>>
File: Infinite Turns.png (2MB, 1800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite Turns.png
2MB, 1800x680px
It's not *good*, but I'mma do it anyway.
>>
File: Vorincux.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Vorincux.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54799650
>>
>>54799714
Source of all of dominaria's dragons.
>>
>>54799672
>It's actually a fox, not a cloudy face with teeth.

I've been living a lie.
>>
So far all I've found that is fun with cage guy is caging Colossus of Akros or Chimeric Staff.
>>
>>54799715
Yes anon, this is the kind of shit we need. Not bullshit ashnod's altar nonsense, but janky combos.
>>
>>54799245
Too bad he can't exile from an opponent's graveyard. Would have been fitting
>>
>>54799180
Master transmuter, master taste anon
>>
>>54799730
FUCK
>>
>>54799245
>mfw I understand each time he ETBs one card is exiled and gets a counter so the list of exiled cards only stacks
Oh.
OH.
OH BOY.
He's like a Kraj on other colors, this is gonna lead to some awesome shenanigans
>>
>>54799715
Shouldn't Magistrate's Scepter's and Ventifact Bottle's try to put charge counters on the exiled cards?
>>
File: Image (6).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>54799245
Objectively better Grixis Artifact Jank than Mishra.
>>54799066
>>
>>54799730
>>54799757
How can you misinterpret this?
>>
>>54799780
Nope. When a card refers to itself by name, it actually just means "this permanent." So it gives Mairsil "X1, T: Put X charge counters on Mairsil, the Pretender."
>>
>>54799780
I think the anon is right. Mairsil has the abilities but the charge counters still go to [insert cardname] not Mairsil
>>
>>54799780
No. CARDNAME. Or ~.

Abilities refer to the source of the ability unless it says "named blah".
>>
>>54799780
No, effects like this by default refer to "card name." Mairsil copies "remove three charge counters from card name" which in this case is Mairsil.
>>
>>54799814
>>54799811
OH never mind then

Also you literally can't use any kind of legendary wizard when Innala is your commander
>>
>>54799814
Did you just start playing yesterday?
>>
>>54799837
Actually 5 minutes ago
>>
>>54799835
>literally can't use any kind of legendary wizard
... what? If you mean you can't make copies of them, you can. One just dies from the legend rule.
>>
>>54799835
>you literally can't use
Yeah you can. Just don't pay for the tokens for most legendaries.

With Mairsil you actually can pay the 1 to get a token that can exile another card. The legend rule kills the token and you doubled your etb effect.
>>
>>54799835
>
Just spam Vensers fampai
>>
>>54799708
the argument is that the wizards who are playable at the highest tier are few and far between and certainly wont re-gas you if your first attempt fails
jeleva does just that
theres no reason to play the eminence, you are much more likely to get use out of jeleva than making a copy of snapcaster mage
>>
>>54799878
>>54799884
Forget that, I suck giant dragon cock
>>
>>54799066
Wouldn't mind going through her scroll rack.
>>
>>54799919
Go back to Tarkir, Sarkhan.
>>
>>54799908
I can buy that. Maybe Jeleva is more resilient than I thought, but I would think a creature with no protection or haste would be as good as useless in cEDH.

I'm 100% overreacting, but I wish her ability was more in line with the other eminences in that you would need significant deckbuilding to make use of it.
>>
>>54799926
WAIT! I always thought she was a cutie but now I see she's just some bespectacled granny.
>>
>>54799936
>Go back to Tarkir
>tfw you started playing during the absolute pinnacle of mtg and you will never be so captivated by another set as long as you live due to a combination of raw quality and being a wide eyed noobie
>>
>>54796860

I think it depends on the deck. In azami, this is way better. In a non wizard deck, tidespout is better, especially because it can bounce your own stuff for combos
>>
>>54799960
She's a cute old lady.
>>
File: 794_Azusa.jpg (63KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
794_Azusa.jpg
63KB, 575x431px
>>54800003
>>54799960
>>54799926
absolutely patrician taste
much better than the other asian qt from that set
>>
>>54800003
Old ladies can't be cute. I ain't paying 5 Mana for a Christmas cake
>>
>>54800017
Today I learned, never zoom too far into Mtg art
>>
Any tech for Mathas or is he just good stuff?
>>
>>54800045
Alhamarret's Archive?
>>
>>54800023
>Old ladies can't be cute
yes they can
>I ain't paying 5 Mana for a Christmas cake
what the hell did he mean by this
im sure its heresy
I just need to be sure
>>
>>54799936
>Sarkhan is from Tarkir

Never knew he's supposed to be "fantasy-Asian"
>>
>>54800045
Bounty Hunter, Hunter of Eyeblights, Parting Thoughts.
>>
>>54800023
The secret is in the necromancy, anon
>>
>>54799962
>Being this new

Tarkir was horrible
>>
>>54800113
Stop uncutifying my waifu
>>
all these new cards have me STOKED!!
c11,c13,c14,c15 were all shitty timmy decks as far as the precons went
c16 was spikier
c17 they have finally hit the johnny sweet spot that makes commander the format that we know and love
>>
>>54799962
I started during Scars block and thought that infect and Phyrexian mana were normal things.
>>
>>54800135
How? It's 90% tribal jank.
>>
>>54800143
My first set was original Mirrodin or Kamigawa whichever came first as a kid but I didn't actually play until original Zendikar when I was in high school.
>>
>>54800120
>tfw you will never have 30-minute GW devotion mirror matches on camera again
Why live?
>>
>>54800120
>Tarkir was horrible
in what way shape or form?!
>>
>>54800157
>It's 90% tribal jank
now while that is true some of that jank is extreamly easy to tinker with
the card that steals a creature and replaces ALL instances of creature types with vampire
ALL
INSTANCES
OF
CREATURE TYPES
wew
>>
>>54799484
Fuuuck that's a bargain for a divinity counter. I might play some Myojins in O-Kagachi Spirits after all.
>>
>>54800096
Even before Tarkir was introduced, back on Alara, his name was still Mongolian for King.
>>
>>54799245
If he exiles something like Ashling the Pilgrim, does the ability reword itself to target the creature that possess it or would it do nothing?
>>
>>54800157
>90% tribal
Except that each deck has at least two legendary creatures that aren't tribal oriented.
>>
File: 1501475064132.jpg (27KB, 296x385px) Image search: [Google]
1501475064132.jpg
27KB, 296x385px
>>54800184
>New Blood on pretty much any Sliver ever
>>
File: 1.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>54800023
>I ain't paying 5 Mana for a Christmas cake
After all you could just pay 3 for that
>>
>>54800043
Her promo art makes her look much cuter.
>>
>>54800210

See: >>54799834
>>54799811
>>
>>54800210
Yes. When a card like Ashling the Pilgrim says "Ashling the Pilgrim" it means "this card." If it didn't then you could make tokens of things like Worldspine Wurm and have them each make 3 tokens when one died.
>>
>>54800093
Christmas Cake is a term that stems from the Japanese idea of giving cakes for Christmas. The uneaten ones go past their prime and not as many people want them, even if they'd still be good. It's used to refer to women who are in their late-20s/30s and beyond who aren't claimed. And yes, it's heresy to not appreciate Christmas Cakes.
>>
>>54800023
Old ladies who make desserts for you or that like to share stories are adorable, anon.
>t. anon who has worked in nursing homes
>>
Deadeye Navigator won't work out of the box. You'll need something else with Soulbond since it's a triggered ability and won't be copied.
>>
>>54800301
You just cast DEN, anon. It's a useful creature for the deck regardless.
>>
>>54800201
>Implying I know anything about Mongolia
>>
>>54800297
Medfag here. The only old ladies I get to know are disease riddled demented racists. You feel sorry for them, but they're definitely not cute
>>
>>54800350
Are you one of those paki doctors?
>>
File: 1483566172882.jpg (54KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483566172882.jpg
54KB, 450x600px
>>54800350
>racists
>implying thats a bad thing
>>
>>54800350
I've met a few bitter ones, but at the end of the day it's nice to help them be a little more comfortable, even if they'll still whisper sweet profanities to you after a job well done. I've learned more swear words from some of the saltier broads in nursing homes than I have from most of my time on 4chan.
>>
>>54800367
Desolator pls leave.
>>
>>54800367
They can believe what they want, but it gets old really fast when they are so demented that they forget how they have already asked you if you are just in their country to leech welfare three times this day
>>54800361
No subhuman poo in loo
>>
>>54799740
>Colossus of Akros
So if we cage that AND sage of hours, we get a time walk machine, right?
>>
>>54800367
I'd let her measure my power level with that I mean my dick
>>
>>54800331
Never heard of Genghis Khan, or Kublai Khan? Read a book. Or watch a movie, Shere Khan means "Lord Tiger" and Khan Noonien Singh took the title to reflect power. Play a video game, too, and find Shao Kahn, because it's a word that's found in many Asian languages. It's a greater culture reference, and you're a dummy.
>>
>>54800321
I just don't want some idiots here exiling Navigator then wondering why they're getting called out.

Never mind, I do want that.
>>
File: pretendingurwater.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
pretendingurwater.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>54799245
Bad at magic, here.
What happens when he cages this?
>>
>>54800478
He returns face down, but as he's no longer Marsil he won't have Megamorph. Luckily, if you Morph a creature without a special Morph cost you can always Transform it face up for its casting cost, in this case 1RUB
>>
>>54799805
By only seeing it from a distance and/or upside-down.
>>
>>54800503
>Luckily, if you Morph a creature without a special Morph cost you can always Transform it face up for its casting cost, in this case 1RUB

No. That only works if it was Manifested.
>>
>>54800424
Nope. You can only monstrous once.

Also, I thought he could only exile artifacts. Creatures blows this whole thing wide open. Does his ability work in all zones?
>>
>>54800478
You get a 4 Mana flicker
>>
>>54800478
Assuming you mean the first ability more than the second.

If you activate that first ability, you'd exile Wizardman, then bring it back face-down. Then you would be sad, because it would lack any inherent way of turning face up again, so it'd be stuck as a 2/2 with no name, subtypes, colors, or abilities until you manage to get it off the field to recast it, or turn it face up with another card.
>>
>>54800503
>Luckily, if you Morph a creature without a special Morph cost you can always Transform it face up for its casting cost, in this case 1RUB
That is not at all correct.

>>54800529
All abilities, unless they explicitly state otherwise or couldn't function otherwise (like Cycling) only function on the battlefield.
>>
>>54800530
Incorrect. You get a 1 mana flicker that brings it back face-down with no ability to turn it face-up again.
>>
>>54800045
Goad cards and forced combat steps to make the branded guys kill each other and draw slug effects so they opponents benefit less from branded guys dying are two types of effects that come up but it seems he's not 100% build around.

>>54800478
Apart from him (and it doesn't work), DEN and maybe Conjurer's Closet there's no other reliable way to repeatedly blink Mairsil
>>
>>54800551
So his second ability would not give him Cycling even if he was in hand?
>>
>>54800588
Unless something gets changed, yes.
>>
>>54800566
In those colors, yeah. Aetherling is slow Flicker.

Gets you a lot of cage counters.
>>
>>54800623
Deadeye's probably the better option.
>>
Creatures can't activate loyalty abilities, right? Even if they have them?
>>
>>54800665
No, they can, as long as you can pay the cost of adding or removing loyalty counters. But you can only activate one loyalty ability per permanent on each of your turns.

Kraj + animating planeswalkers used to be hilarious because you could just activate their +1 a few thousand times and then ult them over and over, but that got changed. So yes, you can still use Loyalty abilities on non-planeswalkers, if they have them, but one per permanent per turn.
>>
File: IMG_1853.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1853.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
This seems good.

Man, my Johnny exploded since I realized it wasn't just artifacts.
>>
>>54800647
You need the navigator in play though while Aetherling gets imprinted. Both definitely get included in his deck.
>>
File: nearlycrawwurm.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
nearlycrawwurm.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
Alright guys, what's some tech for Sage of Hours Mairsil?
>>
>>54800685
Okay, cool. So Mycosynth and this guy can turn him into an unattackable walker.

Like Karn or Ugin.
>>
>>54800699
Anthroplasm. Phyrexian Devourer and top.
>>
>>54800710
Nope, lattice makes all cards colorless and negates colored mana costs but ot can't change a planeswalker in your hand or gy into an artifact.
>>
>>54800699
Solarion.
>>
>>54800739
Oh. The first ability is only permanents. Wiseguys.

Brewing too fast. Didn't bother looking it up. Fuck.

I don't think there is something that turns cards in other zones to artifacts.
>>
New Thread

>>54800788
>>54800788
>>54800788
>>54800788
>>
>>54800727
>all these upsides without the downsides
Most of these cards are dirt cheap too, even if some can be a little slow.
Shauku for hard removal when you need it to.

How should this deck be built though, self-mill or play it safe with discard effects and mostly control?
>>
What about flip Jace? Creature with an activated ability that involves flipping in the ability.
>>
>>54800805
You'd exile Mairsil, then return it to the battlefield, because you can't return it transformed. It doesn't have a back face, so the "transform it, then return it" skips over the impossible action.

So hey, eat a babiest Jace with Mairsil and you have a ready way to blink him as long as you keep your hand full.
>>
>>54800841
Don't even need a full hand. Babby Jace is Draw Discard not Discard Draw.
>>
>>54800900
Right- I had it in my head that his transform requirement was a certain number of cards in hand, rather than in graveyard. My bad.
Thread posts: 429
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.