[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 49

File: thassa.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thassa.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
"Haha OP" Edition

Previous: >54722335

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What ability do people in your playgroup always forget about?
>>
>>54734584
>Thread Question
Shroud. I keep having to remind them that they can't equip shit to creatures with Shroud
>>
>>54734584
Newer EDH player here. Is it worth preordering all 4 Commander 2017 decks for $110?
>>
File: Image (135).jpg (75KB, 459x307px) Image search: [Google]
Image (135).jpg
75KB, 459x307px
>>54734682
I'd say that's more a problem with the Equip ability and less to do with Shroud. Suggest these if they need a way to get around it
>>
>>54734732
I would only do that if I intended to play all 4, otherwise wait for release and buy the singles you want.
>>
File: 1443227172437.jpg (79KB, 591x590px) Image search: [Google]
1443227172437.jpg
79KB, 591x590px
>>54734584
"Forgetting" to pay taxes.
>>
>>54734763
I was considering it since my wife and brother in law want to play and I only have 1 EDH deck for now.
>>
>>54734733
Man I really need to make that Tazri ADVENTURE deck
>>
>>54734584
Rhystic Study triggers
It might just stick out more because I am pretty lenient about letting people get triggers, and usually we remind each other off our triggers. All bets are off with rhystic though, card is way too annoying.
>>
File: 51gB8hWUYzL.jpg (41KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
51gB8hWUYzL.jpg
41KB, 500x354px
>>54734732
I think it would be reasonable if you and a friend wanted to get into the format together and have a variety of decks to learn with or tweak.

>need more snake tokens for hapatra
>50c each on TCG player
>144 count of pic related on Amazon for $20
Should I go for it? I often need 30+ snakes
>>
>>54734848
>often need 30+ snakes
Wouldn't you just need 4 or 5 max?
>Attacking Tapped
>Tapped
>Untapped
>Summoning Sick Tapped
>Summoning Sick Untapped
just put a Die on top of the respective tokens
>>
>>54734923
Not OP, but it's about sending a message. Also, post Hapatra list please
>>
>>54734848
wait i thought you were going to buy a 144 count of paper tokens, disregard >>54734923, that's awesome. Our group has a bucket of tiny marine animals that we've all given different roles. The Wurmcoil Engine tokens are Deathtouch Dolphin and Lifelink Lobster
>>
>>54734848
Nah, that seems obnoxious. I would rather have something I could easily see was tapped. You could sleeve up pictures of cute snakes though, I'm sure everyone loves seeing adorable noodles.
>>
>>54734732
If you're planning on scalping or giving them to your friends, but they could do multiple print runs and make all the good cards tribal only to keep the price down.
The Eminence ability all the commanders have is insane value that could break the game, the cat commander can shit out 5/4 turn one very reliably. I could see this infamous set being 300+ in a year if the commanders aren't banned or reprinted all to hell.

I'm probably going to buy a box, use one deck for myself, sell the chase one before the 2nd print run and give the other two to friends.
>>
>>54734697
because it's boring duh

i usually want to see the game progress and counterspells that just stop things from happening are lame af. the deck is durdly enough as it is so my instants should probably incur some clear advantage for me or at least be interesting

>>54734782
ya i have mind's dilation

i also want to keep the shitty instant tribal going on

i guess the deck is pretty much done then, probably going to order the cards soon
>>
>>54734923
I've never liked using counters to represent a quantity of tokens, as it's pretty common for the deck to put +1/+1 and -1/-1 (to a lesser extent) counters on my snakes.

>>54734942
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-o-x-i-c/
Still far from complete, but it's working pretty well so far. Among other things, I need a Westvale Abbey and Dusk Urchins.

>>54734970
>Lifelink Lobster
Love it
>>
>>54734848
I would love this. I just hope you have a big table
>>
Are you prepared to be disappointed by Edgar Markov's card?

After Ludevic and seeing the Ur-Dragon abilities I have very little faith.
>>
>>54734584
>Thread Question
Green Selvala draw trigger, always, everytime, every game, it basicly doesn't exist for us

Anons, give me ideas for angel commander! as in who should it be.
Or should I just accept big and thicc dragon deck from C17
>>
>playing with friends at LGS
>one has a history of getting salty
>group spends 2 hours durdling and shutting each other down, everyone's getting kinda of tired
>salty friend finally comes after me and gets me down to 2 life with Jarad on board, so I'm dead once he untaps
>he starts talking shit
>say jokingly "well I guess I just have to kill you then"
>he gets tilted and tells me to bring it on little bitch
>I now also get tilted
>draw 9 cards with blinked Elvish Visionary and Shamanic Revelation
>last card is Descend Upon the Sinful, cast it
>he sarcastically acts shocked and impressed
>alrightnigger.jpg
>hang on with 2 life and managed to overcome everyone trying to finish me, I kill him last and win the game
>look him dead in the eyes as I kill him and tell him to git gud
>he slams his cards down and leaves the store for 30 minutes

I probably permanently damaged my relationship with one of my closest friends to win a casual cardgame, but holy fuck that was the best game of Magic I ever played.

Turning the smug smile on someone's face into a frustrated grimace is the meaning of this wonderful game.
>>
>>54735127
me no like counter
counter is only for slow game
me never play blue
ooga booga

stop posting please
>>
>>54735433
I'm doing a 5 color angel deck with Progenitus at the helm.

I'd probably say that Bruna and Archangel Avacyn would be interesting to build around.
>>
>>54735461
did the chad RG player steal your boyfriend away from you or what
>>
>>54735437
i wish leage babies would leave
>>
>>54735498
I am a RG player and I still understand that counters are not just for "slowing the game down"

kill yourself you absolute retard
>>
>>54735146
how have craterhoof and obelisk spider been for you?
>>
I just got a $1,000 bonus, what deck should I build? I have no EDH deck and have never played before.
>>
>>54735127

Counterspells don't just stop things from happening though, they protect your commander and other shit while you continuously gain value, drawing cards and casting free spells
>>
>>54735679
figured out what you want to be doing with your deck, buy a pre con to learn the format, then build a real deck once you have the hang of politics and a better grasp on how a 4 person game flows
>>
>>54735679

I don't understand this kind of question. How could you not have any idea what you want to build? I don't understand the concept of wanting to play edh but not having any ideas floating around on what to build, and I don't understand wanting other people to decide your personalized deck. More than half the fun of edh for me is building decks and theorizing.
>>
>>54735701

Aren't the precons much worse than just doing research before building a deck myself?
>>
>>54735742
The precons are like instant ramen. By itself, it's okay but you can use it as a base to make something good.
>>
>>54735711
It's probably just overwhelming to get into a format as large as EDH starting out with nothing.
>>
>>54735711

I guess I want to just shit the whole deck out. Maybe starting with Academy Rector into Omniscience into Enter the Infinite, etc., etc.
>>
>>54735742
if you have never played the format and dont understand how to properly build a 100 card deck, it is a good way to learn the format before dropping money, especially the newest ones
>>
File: 51gydwMjZ+L._SY355_.jpg (35KB, 254x355px) Image search: [Google]
51gydwMjZ+L._SY355_.jpg
35KB, 254x355px
Hi.

I'm currently building a Zada deck, but I'm a little confused with how spell copies interact with Zada.

How do spell copy effects interact with her? For example I cast Expedite on her, and copy it with Dualcaster Mage, do I get double value or not? I ask because the card text specifies that whenever you CAST a spell.
>>
>>54735788

That's a great start, you can do lots with that, in fact all 4 of my decks essentially have that as the gameplan, all though one of them also has a more traditional combo in Kiki conscripts
>>
>>54735679
You should build Hyperbudget Edric Flying Men before sinking several hundred dollars into something you've never done before.
>>
>>54735788
Try Karador Hulk, or Tymna+Thrasios Hulk.
>>
>>54735842
has to be cast
and has to be cast FROM HAND
and can ONLY target zada
>>
>>54734584
Teehee, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
Are there any good wincons for self-mill besides Lab Maniac?

Specifically in WU.
>>
>>54736020
Shelldock Isle into a fatty.
>>
>>54736067
That's good. Now like 10 more wincons and I'll be all set.

:)
>>
>>54735951
it just had to be cast
not copied
not from hand you dumbass
>>
>>54736020
What commander are playing that's self mill in WU? The new enbalm guy?
>>
If I hit someone for 21 with Marath's ability, does that count as the commander damage to kill someone or is it only damage from swinging that counts?
>>
why do people give a fuck about that little kid that appears at every GP?
is she a player?
>>
>>54736167
bruna
>>
>>54736210
ONLY combat damage counts as commander damage.
>>
>>54736210
commander damage is combat only
>>
>>54736210
commander damage is combat damage
>>
>>54735679
5 color good stuff
>>
>>54736245
So Bruna.
>>
>>54736167
Ignore the other guys, he's a big gay faker.

My idea was a Hanna self-mill deck, taking advantage of cards like the blue curses to focus on filling the graveyard with enchantments to fuel things like Open the Vaults and Starfield of Nyx, or just to recur things with Hanna herself.
>>
What makes you salty, anon?
>>
>>54736388
superfriend cancer decks
>>
>>54735884

>Edric Flying Men

Neat, I really like this one.
>>
File: 1489884815790.png (2MB, 2600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1489884815790.png
2MB, 2600x1800px
>>54734848
If you wind up printing pictures for tokens, use this.
>>
>>54736388
people who counterspell things like sigil of the empty throne and not the infinite combo player
>>
>>54736438
Is this some fetish thing?
>>54736388
>"Why are you attacking me? He has two creatures, he's the bigger threat!"
>As they sit there with an As Foretold and Rashmi
>>
>>54736388
Grouphug. They always try to be mastermind politicians but 9/10 times they can't see their inevitable betrayal coming because they won't stop helping the biggest threat on the board.

>Why would you attack me unprovoked like that anon? Aren't I giving you free cards :^(
>>
>>54736461
Most likely. I found it here on /tg/. Just imagine the faces of people seeing you put down 25 weird rubber sex snake pictures. I think it would be great.
>>
>>54735429
Ludvic can be made really good for Izzet playstyles. A friend of mine uses him as perfect utility. Where as Ur-Dragon seems like great theming/flavor and allows the deck to be better for Dragons at 5 colors. I'm sure Edgar will be better than the Cat Avatar at least.
>>
>>54736388
I'm pretty hard to tilt, but Rhystic Study gets me every time.

There's always the one fucker who doesn't respect it and ends up making it a 3 mana draw 10.
>>
>>54736581
Except Jori En will be giving you the same "utility" and not giving it to your enemies.
>>
File: 1501400187007.jpg (81KB, 610x328px) Image search: [Google]
1501400187007.jpg
81KB, 610x328px
>finally finished my Aboshan sea monsters deck
>take it to the FLGS and sit down with Breya, Narset, and Mazirek
>I get off to a good start with a couple of mana rocks and some early card draw
>Mazirek ramps as hard as he possibly can, Breya does various Breya things, and Narset seems to be missing blue mana for some reason
>I cast Aboshan with a few shapeshifters/cephalids out and everyone laughs about it
>Mazirek drops doubling season and Avenger of Zendikar with Mazirek out, Narset blows up Mazirek up, Breya plays Propaganda to try and pillow fort into a combo
>turn comes back to me, I throw down damping matrix, breya groans and makes a pissy face
>turn goes to mazirek, he gets really excited presumably because he's going to take someone out
>flash in Stormtide leviathan, mazirek draws and sacrifices a few things, but can't swing despite his fuckhuge board
>breya passes after drawing because she can't combo off
>Narset finally hits a blue mana, plays Narset with haste
>tap it down everything with Aboshan
>turn comes back to me
>I play kicked rite of replication on cephalid constable
>start tapping down things like a god, everyone else is effectively locked out
>eventually win after getting part water and bouncing everyone's lands with my squid swarm
>next game, get hated out immediately
Totally worth it. Objectively the most fun I've had in ages.
>>
>>54736444

>not making infinite angels with Sigil of the empty throne
>a shiggy digg
>>
File: spoony_angry_by_darkmatter89.png (382KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
spoony_angry_by_darkmatter89.png
382KB, 800x450px
>>54736388
Decks/Cards that lock you out of the game. As if I want to sit at the table while someone masturbates.
>>
>>54736651
how do you make infinite angels
>>
>>54736707
>Opalescence
>Journey to Nowhere
>>
>>54736707

Cloudstone curio + treachery + mana
>>
File: 1457514052909.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457514052909.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>54736722
I don't get it

Sigil is on cast

>>54736770
>mfw
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
What the fuck do i do with this?
>>
>>54736799
Play Teferi = People cannot play spells.
Copy it = People cannot play their own spells.
>>
>>54736799
run it in jihoria because it says "from hand"
>>
>>54736786

Cloudstone curio is essentially the wincon of my enchantress deck. Let's me draw and play my whole deck
>>
>>54736705
how long has it been since I saw a picture of spoony. I appreciate this, thanks anon
>>
>>54736839
Maybe I should be playing blue enchantress but aggravated assault is too much fun
>>
>>54735679
>1k
Pff try 4 baby.
>>
C17 spoilers tomorrow boys.
Allegedly they will start with Cats
>>
>>54735649
Craterhoof is amazing, Spider is still in testing
>>
>>54736937
WOTC cashing in on that furry market.
>>
>>54736839
are you also on derevi enchantress, friend?
>>
>>54736927

I had uril enhantress before and it was great, ended up not liking how I could only kill one person at a time outside the infinite combat thing, so I decided to go bant pillow fort prison enchantress, but then I decided prison decks aren't that fun either and i just end up stalling until somebody owns me with all is dust or ugin, so I switched to bant combo enchantress, and now I've got a very high winrate. I was amazed at how much more often I win despite cutting objectively good prison cards like Rest In Peace and ghostly prison in favor of more land enchantments and land untapping tech

The deck just makes an absurd amount of mana
>>
>>54736799
>what do i do with this?

hive mind + epic spell

>laugh
>>
anyone have a really fun animar decklist? Just something I can use and start customizing
>>
>>54736984

Yessir

She does a great job untapping lands I enchanted with utopia sprawl and such
>>
File: lmao.png (56KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
56KB, 230x230px
>>54737005
I'm playing Marath enchantress, not as strong as it could be (missing stuff like Xenagos, Doubling Season, Purphoros etc) but it's frustrating when I durdle for 5 turns then get one-shotted for having a true conviction and no creatures

I didn't want to have infinite combo stuff because I didn't want to be "that guy" but I've realized that everybody just has infinites in EDH

>mfw I realize I can run RIP-Helm in my deck
>>
File: 1363842958743.jpg (67KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1363842958743.jpg
67KB, 282x341px
Is it worth it to put Collective Voyage and Tempt with Discovery in my 5C enchantress deck? The first few turns for the deck are always it's weakest, so being able to skip them basically isn't a bad deal.
>>
>>54735433
How do you want the deck to play? If you want a stax/hatebear strategy, Linvala is probably the best. If you're going tron, wAkroma works pretty well. And if you wanna go hard on the aggro, Aurelia or Gisela are good options and give you access to another color.

If you say "angel tribal" I'm leaving
>>
>>54736827
>Play Teferi = People cannot play spells.
Explain because I'm a tard
>>
>>54737226
Sounds like your table needs a stax deck.

Run Strangle Hold, Aven Mindcensor, Stony Silence, Torpor Orb and Jester's Cap if you want to shit all over combo fags.
>>
>>54737536
Teferi, Mage of Zhalifar
>Each opponent can cast spells only any time he or she could cast a sorcery.
That means it must be that player's turn, during a main phase, and the stack must be empty. If you have Knowledge Pool then the spell is exiled, but the replacement spell would be cast with it still on the stack. This means that they cast a spell, it's exiled, and Teferi prevents them from casting the replacement.
>>
File: a7d.jpg (45KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
a7d.jpg
45KB, 600x837px
>>54735974
>>
>>54737536

Teferi says you can cast spells only any time you could cast a sorcery, which means, only during your main phase and only if there are no spells or abilities on the stack.

When you cast a spell while knowledge Pool is on the battlefield, that spell is exiled and the ability prompts you to cast another of the exiled spells. To cast that spell would be to cast it during the resolution of the knowledge Pool ability, but if it's still resolving then it's still on the stack, so the stack is not empty, and you cannot cast it

Teferi also stops suspended spells for the same reason, they would be cast during the resolution of the suspend triggered ability
>>
>>54737536
Anything they cast from hand gets exiled, then Teferi stops them from being able to cast a spell out of the pool. It's a hard lock unless they have something on board or in the command zone to get out of it
>>
So, I need your help /tg/. Ijust bought the commander anthology for like 140 maple bucks,and I was wondering which deck should I finetune first between Derevi and Freyalise/Titania
>>
>>54737670
Derevi stax
>>
>>54734848
>not using real animals as tokens

Come on now, it's especially fun with the locust god.
>>
>>54737670
maybe you shouldve thought of that before buying it
>>
>>54737670
They're completely different so it's just whatever playstyle you wanna go with. Freyalise is a straightforward elf/green stompy deck while Derevi is an evasive control deck that, when pushed all the way, turns into a prison strategy or hard stax
>>
>>54737670

The freyalise deck is actually decent and doesn't need as much to be tuned

The derevi deck on the other hand, the fine tuned version won't use any of the 99 that came with the deck
>>
>>54737670
Tune the Titania and you'll realize gitgud frog is better. Tune Derevi and be hated. Don't play Freyalise as a commander.

Send me Kaalia, want her for my collection pls
>>
>>54737670
Derevi only really works as Derevi. He doesn't work well as Roon or Jenara or Rafiq. Freyalise works well as any elf.dec.
>>
>>54737713
This is true. Using Roon as the commander might actually work better if you're using the precon as your base. Derevi requires an entirely different approach
>>
>>54737670
derevi is the worst mistake ever printed by wotc. her putting on the battlefield thing is literally the worst possible mechanic ever printed on a commander set card, and possibly in mtg in general. i sincerely hope you do not build her
>>
>>54737622
>>54737536
additionally, Teferi shits in Malestrom Wanderer's & Ydris's mouth because they can't cast the spells they Cascade into.
>>
>>54737750
Also into Narset's and Jeleva's,
Teferi shitting in Narset's mouth is something someone would pay to see.
>>
>>54737738
She could have been more balanced if the ability were only usable during your upkeep. That way, the player would have to decide if they wanted to spend the 4 mana before they get their draw and only during their turn.
>>
>>54737684
Roon stax is more fun
>>
>>54737812
Grand arbiter
Post roon stax list pls
>>
File: Lord Meowny Bags.jpg (193KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Meowny Bags.jpg
193KB, 640x427px
>Guys at my LGS have been playing for almost as long as I have if not more in some cases
>Constantly trade away all their good shit and have nothing to show for playing after all these years
>Get mad at me because I put all my good old cards in my EDH and win more often than they do
>"Hurp durp you spend too much on a casual format"

Only things I've spent money on are my original dual lands of which I almost have a full set because I no longer play standard and I have every modern deck I want and unlike them I have a good paying job from actually going to college.

I swear I need to move.
>>
Holy shit Authority of the Consuls is so good.
>Anafenza hate pieces
>Ghave player tries to go off
>point to Authority
>>
>>54737836
>Post roon stax list pls
Sure anon, this is my list. It's not perfect yet but it performs pretty well at my LGS's weekly tourneys, and we have a lot of pretty competitive decks/players
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/roon-stax-2/
>>
>>54737869
yes, you should move out of your moms basement.
>>
File: 1364397318370.png (388KB, 1536x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1364397318370.png
388KB, 1536x1172px
>>54737836
>>54737812
Karona stax is even more fun.
>>
>>54737783

then it wouldn't really be useful at all

She should've just had flash and it would be fine, she'd still be great but you could kill her and then she'd cost more and stop being totally broken.
>>
SPOILERS WHEN
>>
>>54737962
This just looks like derevi but with extra steps
>>
>>54734159
Wrong. Besides, what would triple strike even do? Deal combat damage in first and second combat steps and also postcombat damage?
There's a reason why no one takes /ccg/ seriously and the custom cards anyway. Look into the mirror and you see one of the reasons.
>>
>>54737869
>My friends are mad because I spend too much in magic
>But I have a good job and actually went to college fuck them for not buying duals to complete their set
I don't mind spending $70 or $80 bucks on a card but you seem to be compensating for something.
>>
>>54737869
>good paying job

FUCKING THIS I used to be a poor and when I started working even just a little making 9$ an hour I still couldn't afford to go deep into costly formats but I could comfortably brew in modern. I can only assume people who get paid for a living can easily budget themselves into any deck.
>>
>>54737996
TOMORROW
>>
>>54738025
THANKS
>>
>>54738006
Are you stupid, or just new?

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Last_strike
>>
>>54738055
>actual mechanic
>the mechanic doesn't exist
Might as well say that portal mana is a real thing, nerd. It's not an actual thing, if it never happened.
>>
>>54738055
>Maro spergs out about a thing
>autists on 4chins think it's real
The chances of Last Strike ever becoming an actual mechanic are equal to the chances of Razaketh being banned.
>>
>>54738114
~$100~
>>
>>54737997
Obviously there's gonna be a lot of overlap but I like the differences that Roon himself brings. In particular Roon+Hokori is a pretty nasty synergy that only works with Roon himself.
>>
>>54738013
>my friends are dipshits who after years of playing have traded everything they've ever had away instead of holding onto good stuff

These people have been playing for well over ten years anon. They've all had good shit at one point in time but will trade their cards in at the LGS for packs like complete fucking morons.

If you're trading away Doubling Seasons/Aether Vials/etc for current packs you're a fucking idiot beyond all comprehension and I've seen people do this.
>>
>>54737995
it would let you dodge tax, but only once and only during your turn. Her purpose is to be a nigh omnipresent enabler of (un)tapping your shit to gain incremental value. That change wouldn't stop that from happening.
>>
>>54738101
>>54738114
>horf dorf that mtg article doesn't count because it's not a real thing
No shit shitlock. Last Strike is still pretty straight forward as a concept. I agree, custom cards are dumb, but it still counts as a "theoretical" thing. It's like not knowing who the monoblue legendary demon is because either you know it, or you don't, and at least that shows ambition.
>>
>>54738282
>horf dorf Maro mentioned it twice so it's an actual mechanic
It's not an actual mechanic if it's not printed on an actual card, and "It's an actual mechanic" was the claim being made. I can make up shit too, that doesn't make it an actual mechanic.
>>
>>54738333
Not really the same thing. It's like if you made a card with Hedronize. It was almost an actual mechanic, that was scrapped at R&D for whatever reason, but it isn't some shit you made up.
>>
>>54738191
I know people like this too and Jesus Christ do I hate them. They'll get something good and than immediately gamble it away on packs.

I saw a guy with a stack of original Aether Vials trade them in for a box of Amonkhet because gotta get that Force of Will and got nothing in return and of course he also bitches at people for playing with good cards.

This is the magic equivalent of getting mad at people who've saved money while you gambled and drank all of your's away.
>>
File: neverChange.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
neverChange.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
>Its another "/edhg/ argues about something that doesn't matter" edition
Never change /tg/
>>
Does /edhg/ have a fancy deck box for their EDH?

I want one of those Aaron Cain deck boxes for my Marath. I want to get one of the red woods, have the 99 in green sleeves, and than Marath in a white sleeve.
>>
>>54738599
satin towers and ultimate guard boulders
>>
>>54736627
How does it feel to activate your commanders activated abilities with a Damping Matrix out.
>>
File: 1489183031882.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1489183031882.gif
2MB, 420x315px
>>54738870
oh shi-
>>
New to EDH. Would appreciate feedback on my deck. I haven't added in fetches yet.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hapatra-edh-20-1/
>>
>>54738966
Drop Ob and the lands that come into play tapped.
>>
File: 18.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Found some secret tech for MLD.
>>
>>54738468
>It's another "you have no right to complain because there are children starving in africa"-episode
Capital K kill yourself
>>
>>54738599
i have satin towers for all my decks(11)
>>
>>54738599
I use the ultra pro acrylic boxes, get them for 99 cents at a local store.

Fits good
>>
>>54739055
Everything else looks good? Ok thanks
>>
>>54738966
It could use some more card draw, tutors and recur. Maybe another boardwipe that takes out all enchantments like Pernicious Deeds, you can snackbar all your mana dorks and wipe it clean if you encounter a nasty stax.

Too few land for the avg CMC considering the amount of the draw you have, either drop some of the higher cost creatures or get more draw.
Phyrexian Arena would be a good fit for drawing power, card advantage is really important against control decks.
>>
>>54736529
>One step guide to becoming "That Guy"
>>
File: fresh fish memes.png (446KB, 550x385px) Image search: [Google]
fresh fish memes.png
446KB, 550x385px
>>54734584
>>
>>54739378
Thanks for the feedback
>>
>>54733363
Hey, casual cancer, how about you don't get back into edh?
>>
>>54739533
How salty do you have to be to reply to a 6 hour old post in a dead thread with nothing but an insult? Is that just how long it took you to come up with that exceptionally witty rebuttal?
>>
>>54736444
Bad counterspells, or just bad decision making that throws games away, makes me angry more than anything else. One time I was playing a game with an voltron-Ojutai player and a combo-Alesha player. The Alesha player was ready to combo off and kill everyone so on my turn I cast a wrath to try and stop it. The Ojutai player taps out to counter the wrath because he's been behind on mana and he doesn't want to lose his general. And then of course the Alesha player kills everyone immediately after. And then when I tried to tell the guy that he should have seen the combo coming and held up his countermagic, he told me he "played it right."

Like, you lost, because you didn't hold up your answers for what was more immediately game-ending, and you're gonna sit there and tell me you played it right. It just gets under my skin
>>
>>54739605
You should have stressed to the Ojutai player why you were wrathing and how real of a threat alesha was. It's a social format, communicate.
>>
>>54739601

I'm just intrigued that he unironically used the term "casual" as an insult while referring to fucking EDH of all things.
>>
>>54739533
>casual cancer
>edh
Oh dear I think it's retarted
>>
File: 1370407344955.png (67KB, 847x521px) Image search: [Google]
1370407344955.png
67KB, 847x521px
>>54739605
Counterspells only work on bad players that ignore open islands, but can only be used by good players that understand another person's deck. Every CS heavy deck I've fought gets wrecked outside of silly 1v1s.

CSs in general are bad in EDH, the more players, draw and recur the worse they get. Stax cards and MLD cards are much better at preventing combos from ever occurring, rather than just sending it to the graveyard, and are very good at holding a board-state.
>>
File: 1392464606073.png (124KB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
1392464606073.png
124KB, 448x352px
>return to Dominaria
>Wizards brings back all the great old artists that got forced out in favor of Magic's new shitty art style
>RKF, Ron Spencer, Drew Tucker and Adam Rex all come back and paint art for rad new legendaries
It probably won't happen, but a man can dream. A man can fucking dream.
>>
>>54739839
I believe counterspells are the lifeblood of an U/x etc. deck. You can set back a combo or game winning play for little investment and can open up avenues for yourself and other players.

Also counterspells are more accepted at tables compared to stax and MLD which most people call cancer.
>>
>>54739959
>member the 90s?
>>
>>54734584
How bad of a hit did Momir Vig take after PoK ban? I've heard he was pretty crazy a while back, but most of those praises came before Prophet got sacked.
>>
>>54740000
checked
>>
>>54739968
Not really, it doesn't give you card advantage but mana advantage over a single player and if you don't use those uptapped lands it's rather taxing. If you're not maximizing your mana every single turn, your deck isn't running very effectively and a lot less likely to win. This is why my local meta started to gut CSs out of their decks, also Price of Glory/War's Toll/City of Solitude is very common to see because of how much people hate Cyclonic Rift.

>stax and MLD is cancer
It's only cancer if you Stasis, Cyclonic Rift or Apocalypse and don't close the game.
>>
>>54734848
How about buying some packs of dollar store snakes?
>>
>>54740017
Since he's the tutor commander, it hardly matters. You always can tutor for Seedborn muse and Teferi to accomplish the same thing, although it's twice the mana, but at least both being on the field has better effect than PoK.
I would say that it suffered just as much as each other UGx deck that runs creatures as it's main strategy
>>
Is Hall of Mists retroactive?
>>
>>54735742
Don"t build a pre con commander, find something for yourself. Pre cons could be useful to play some casual games and learn the format though. It's not an intro pack situation, because they aren't terrible and you will probably get your money back anyway.
>>
>>54740172

you dont play counterspells for the mana advantage lol wtf
>>
>>54740423

yes
>>
File: gayzIAe4_300617232146lola.jpg (887KB, 1000x787px) Image search: [Google]
gayzIAe4_300617232146lola.jpg
887KB, 1000x787px
>>54740000
Remember when Magic art had variety and most of the artists had a distinct style?
>>
>>54740438
Well, that's the /primary/ purpose of a counterspell; to make a player waste their turn. If you want to stop combos and to protect a board-state, there's much better ways.
>>
>>54740514
m8 that's literally what everyone says about every piece of art no matter the medium.

everything from 10+ years ago is awesome and everything now is shit and in ten years everything now will be awesome and whatever is going on will be shit. it's the biggest trap nerds fall into especially when they're not artists themselves and have never taken a class on composition.
>>
Adding more draw and ramp, what are some good cuts to make to this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/
>>
>>54740586
I just really like RKF's art
>>
>>54740645
Me too, but that doesn't mean modern Magic doesn't have good artists. Noah Bradley and Winona Nelson have some great bodies of work.
>>
>>54740547

>If you want to stop combos and to protect a board-state, there's much better ways

this is just false, counterspells are the best way to do both of those things
>>
>>54740690
>Grand Abolisher
>>
>>54740645
and that's perfectly fine

It's just that as a photographer I hate when people shit on newer works and only remember the good from the past and ignore the massive amounts of bad.

For example ever seen the Alpha/Beta/Unlimited artwork for Plateau? It fucking sucks and the Revised art was 100% better.

Not to mention a lot of early magic artists made rookie mistakes like the Birds of Paradise artist who was commissioned to make art for Tropical Island but accidentally made the birds the focus of the art which funnily enough is what lead to BoP's creation.

I will agree though there's some bad stuff these days though like Gideon's Demise or whatever that card is. Gideon's face is hilariously bad.
>>
>>54740670
I know. I do like Noah's stuff, I'm just a big fan of the more out-there styles that were more prevalent in Magic's past. Probably why I like Seb McKinnon's art so much.

I get why they made their art more uniform though
>>
What commander decks can I build for 150 or less and them not be 100% shit?
>>
>>54740710

you're saying counterspells arent as good as other methods of stopping combos because there is anti-counterspell tech? whatever your alternative is also has weaknesses.

the reason counterspells are the best is that they are instant speed, they answer all types of spells, and they are hidden relatively safe in your hand which means you have both an information advantage on your opponent (assuming in this scenario that your opponent is presenting an intention to assemble a combo) and you dont have to expose your response to their removal, because your response is just a spell in your hand

there are some very powerful permanent-based ways of dealing with combos like torpor orb, rest in peace, and such, but they are much easier to play around than counterspells because they are sorcery speed and must be played preemptively. you can always deal with them first before going off. not to mention they only stop certain kinds of combos, whereas counterspells can stop any spell, which means they can stop almost any comob, barring some that involve abilities of permanents and gy cards that were already in place
>>
>>54740810
As I've said in several threads, Edric can be made and be good for 20-30 bucks. I just built Skullbriar for 100 and I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>54738599
I only have one deck. Play group is kinda budget people. so I have the kaalia commander deck box. Only ordered $25 bucks worth of singles to make it bit better. I ran breya last time and had to retire her
>>
>>54740810
use google retard. this question has been asked and responded to a dozen times in this thread let alone every one
>>
>>54740810
150 is plenty, you can make non-shit EDH decks for like 30 bucks.

Just buy a precon you like and upgrade it if you want to be safe.
>>
If I use Kiki-Jiki to copy Craterhoof do the token's abilities also go off?
>>
File: Neheb the Eternal.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Neheb the Eternal.png
138KB, 223x311px
Any thoughts on stuff I can run with this commander? I'm looking to run it as a midrange-y deck that runs a few solid creatures with some fireball-style spells to throw out after a big swing turn.
>>
>>54734584
Wait a second- that thing in the OP really only costs 3 fucking mana to cast and it's Indestructible?
>>
>>54740858

in general, clones get etb abilities, yes
>>
>>54740866
https://edhrec.com/commanders/neheb-the-eternal
>>
File: 227.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
Why do people like arbitrary 'lolrandom' cards?
>>
>>54740876

yes, its a solid card, the drawback is that you need 4 U mana symbols in the permanents you control for it to be able to attack and block and do creature stuff.

2U for an indestructble enchatnment that lets you scry every turn and make shit unblockable is still excellent of course
>>
>>54740876
It's not a creature a lot of the time. The gods' design philosophy is to be a persistent effect that gains value early, and then switch over into a powerful creature late-game when you've built up a board using your advantage gained by the effect. Commander makes the latter part less effective, but they're still strong.
>>
>>54740891
because it makes the boardstate impossible to manage and they win because people scoop because they do not want to deal with it.
>>
>>54740891

i dont think many people actually do. also these type of cards are always more fun in theory than in practice. i remember when i was new to the game looking through cards on gatherer i remember thinking warp world was fascinating and exciting. not so fun to play with unfortunately, and warp world is not nearly as bad as some of these other ones like the one in your picture
>>
>>54740876
yes but the reward for having it become a creature is owning enough blue symbols to have it become one.
The flavor is that its in the background as an enchantment with enchantment effects, until it comes in and starts smashing
>>
>>54735842
Copies are not cast. Dualcaster only gives one more spell.
>>
>>54738599
I don't think it counts as "fancy" but it's convenient as fuck.
>>
File: Image (134).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (134).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54740891
>arbitrary 'lolrandom' cards
You misspelled "win condition"
>>
>>54739959
>Ron Spencer

A-Anon.... ;_;7
>>
>>54740897
>4 U

Are you a big guy~?
>>
>>54739839
>Very good at holding a board state
>When you nuke your own lands and have to spend tons of slots on artifact ramp/recurring your lands

Stax I'll give you, but Stax is the worst fucking thing you can do in the game. Counters aren't great, but they work and they're cheap and you 1 for 1 the opponent, and if you're not stupid with them you win out in terms of mana spent.
>>
>>54740810
I start all of my decks at a hard cap of 50 dollars, usually less if I can manage, and then I play around with them a bit. Even in the stronger metas you can tell if you like a deck or not after a few turns. After that if I like it I refine it and spend a little more money until I'm comfortable with it. I think I have 2 decks out of 12 that are over 150, and those are pretty competitive. One being Yisan stax, which I haven't played in six months because it's too strong and I get bored with it unless everyone else is playing similar decks.

>>54740833
Can vouch for this, Edric is incredibly budget, and effective at lower prices. He's one of my favorites.
>>
File: colorbreak.jpg (437KB, 960x680px) Image search: [Google]
colorbreak.jpg
437KB, 960x680px
>>54739839
>Counterspells only work on bad players that ignore open islands
>he doesn't know how to counter with plains and swamps
>>
Any secret tech combos with Maze of Ith besides Argothian Elder?
>>
>>54741401
If you Maze a Master of Cruelties that's swinging at you but you don't declare a blocker, your life still goes to 1
>>
>>54740810
My $68 Narset deck is pretty good
>>
>>54741401
Uh, not sure how secret it is, but you can maze your own creature after damage but before combat has ended, so you have him untapped. It's good if he is a more effective deterrent than the maze.
>>
>>54741401
Deserted Temple. Hell, Deserted Temple and Argothian Elder together let you Maze up to four guys.
>>
>>54741401
Voyaging Satyr. It's almost literally half of Argothian Elder.
>>
>>54740810
Zada is cheap, but it's more of a fun deck than an actually good one.
>>
Recently cracked Neheb the Eternal, OG Marchesa, Tasigur, and the scorpion god. Which one should I build first?
>>
>>54742899
Whichever one interests you the most. If none of them do then don't build any yet, stick them in your binder and wait for inspiration.
>>
you boys and girls ready for spoilers tomorrow?
>>
>>54742981
no
>>
>>54740891
>Why do people like arbitrary 'lolrandom' cards?

He says, posting the least arbitrary, least random variant of such cards.
>>
What are some over preforming cards you've run?

I tried Aid from the Cowl as a filler for Enchantress' Presence and holy shit If you're rolling with fetches or flickers.
>>
File: 1481758873309_zpso80onwbl.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481758873309_zpso80onwbl.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>54739072
>>
I'm building Teeg hate bear deck. I know most descent hate effects stapled on a creature, but how do I run this thing? GW is the best for creature tutoring for sure, but I think it's still not enough to call it a toolbox. I'd run Sisay instead if there were more better stax legendaries. There isn't much CA and the board is by no means completely safe, no matter what tech I use to protect it
>>
File: DGnQ6W-WAAARloT.png (176KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
DGnQ6W-WAAARloT.png
176KB, 265x370px
We spoilers now
>>
File: 5kkmfez1daez.jpg (26KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
5kkmfez1daez.jpg
26KB, 265x370px
>>54743713
>>
>>54743713
>>54743722
That's some nice cards!
>>
>>54743713
>>54743722
So it begins!
>>
>>54742899
Neheb is ridiculously powerful and just explodes into everybody else's face. Then everybody knows how powerful he is and he gets removed every time you play him and then you just sit there until you lose, because the deck doesn't work without the commander.
>>
>>54743722
>>54743713
Man these cards are boring
>>
Is that it?
>>
>>54743782
It's the the beginning right now, they're gonna stretch these out over the whole week
>>
>>54743722
There are already three mono white equipment generals. This is really disappointing.
>>
>>54743813
It's the only thing that cats do though. I'm incredibly disappointed that they picked cats as one of the tribes in the first place.
>>
>>54743827
Why? Why can't they take any other white theme and give it to a cat? There is no natural relationship between cats and equipment.
>>
>>54743713
Big fat Zegana playable.
>>
File: 14COhR2.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
14COhR2.png
24KB, 512x512px
>>54743713
Will this card work OG Omnath in a same way Momentous Fall does?
>>
>>54735842
Spell copies don't interact with Zada, at all.
You need to actually cast the spell targetting her and only her, for her ability to trigger.

Also unlike >>54735951 says, it doesn't have to be cast from hand. Goblin Dark Dwellers, amongst other cards, allow you to cast spells from your bin.
Which is extremely helpful if you need to recycle a ritual or cantrip.
>>
>>54743839
They're just adding some Mirrodin leonins, calm down.
>>
>>54743713
and into Vorel big boys you go.
>>
Tribal was a mistake.

This will be the year precons finally falter.
>>
>>54743938
nah, the other three tribes are actually good. don't know what the fuck wizards was thinking about cat tribal, dumb as fuck honestly.
>>
>>54744048
It fills a niche the other precon themes can't, so likely better sales. They don't care what happens after the product is sold
>>
>>54744082
What niche do cats fill? The furry bait niche?
>>
>>54744103
To highlight who not to play with at your lgs
>>
>>54744111
Fair enough
>>
>>54744103
Cute soft animals
>>
>>54743938
Tribal the card type was a mistake, agreed.
>>
>>54743938
You underestimate the market. The majority thinks that tribals are awesome. It'll sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>54740891
>Talks about lolrandom
>Posts a completely nonrandom card
Anon...
>>
Maro has said he doesn't understand the appeal of Commander. The head designer of the game thinks you're playing it wrong.

Your rebuttal?
>>
>>54744264
MaRo should just fuck off already.
>>
>>54744264
I play the game however I want to
>>
>>54743938
Remember, you disliking it doesn't mean it's unpopular. Tribal sells like hotcakes, it's probably collectively the most widely played archetype.
>>
>>54744264
Citation.
>>
What tribes are even viable in EDH?

>goblins
>elves
>dragons?
>???
>>
>>54744186
Tribals are simple and flavorful and the deck essentially builds itself. You choose a tribe and just throw every card that buffs that specific tribe on a pile and you have your deck. Literally half of every tribal decks is just auto-includes. That's why new players love tribal decks, since they have easy access to a powerful deck, and experienced players dislike them because these decks are always the same and there is no space to build these decks your own way.
So essentially these decks sell so good because the majority of players are dirty casuals.
>>
>>54744264
Yet most of the cards he designs are only playable in this format.

it really make you think.
>>
>>54744294
Zombies.
Eldrazi are okay too.

>>54744302
That's exactly how new players and casuals build Tribal, but once you see past the veil and realize anthem Lords are shit, it opens up a new realm of playing value from synergy instead of dumb buff guys.
>>
>>54744264
Maro said he doesn't like multiplayer and political gameplay. Surprise, surprise, Commander, the multiplayer political format, isn't his cup of tea.
>>
>>54743713
Oh, I can see it now;

>Xenagos player buffs something huge
>Plays every basic land in his deck
>Smug mld player nukes the board
>"That's not fair! Mld is such bullshit I can't believe you took all the fun out of the game!"
>>
>>54744440
Xenagos and Mld players deserve eachother.
>>
File: 1501889481560.gif (2MB, 290x188px) Image search: [Google]
1501889481560.gif
2MB, 290x188px
>>54744440
beautiful
>>
I've played in a few groups and every single one FLIPS THE FUCK OUT when they see I'm playing Nekusar. I'm target #1 for every single attack, counterspell, and piece of removal my opponents have for the entire game.

Nekky isn't even the most powerful commander I run but he absolutely draws the most hate from every table I've brought him to. Why do people hate him so much?
>>
>>54744565
Nekusar is annoying to play against because everyone has to discard their entire hand every few rounds and he can win out of the blue in one turn.
>>
>>54744565
It's pretty common for EDH players to exaggerate a threat. People also flip when they see stuff like infect, Oloro and counterspells.
>>
>>54744632
it's really funny because my optimized teysa combo list flies under the radar and squeezes early wins all the time while something a lot slower like nekusar or memnarch is getting hated off the table
>>
>>54744440
goddamn i hate the people like this at my LGS

"oh come on! why didn't you let me win? it's no fun playing with you."
>>
>>54743722
Does this guy replace Sram as my commander or does he go into the 99 like Mirrann Crusader does?
>>
>>54744882
no

that shit isn't even close to as powerful as sram.
>>
>>54744882
It's probably fine in the 99 as a sort of worse Puresteel Paladin
>>
>>54744294
Not werewolves, brb kms
>>
>>54736483
its a phenomenon that i've seen happen in many games of diplomacy, not just magic.

Basically, they try to maximize their short term survival rate by attacking the lowest threath, but they usually miscalculate the advantages they'll gain from it and just make themselves easier targets for the biggest threath.
>>
>>54744294
unesh really fucking surprised me by singlehandedly carrying the entire sphinx tribe into playability. 4 mana 4/4 flyers that fact or fiction on ETB make a monoblue control list pretty fucking scary.
>>
>>54744972
>threath
>>
>>54744882
The whole point of Sram is that you're generating advantage even if you're above parity. How exactly does this manage that?
>>
i know this isnt exactly on topic but should i consider buying some dual lands that have not spiked yet like savannah or bad lands? been considering getting for some a while now since i got a better job but have not pulled the trigger yet and i feel like this is the last chance ill really have to get them affordably
>>
What's a fun mono blue deck for someone that never plays blue?
>>
>>54745187
try
>>54745028
>>
>>54744882
Sram is the best as a general, because he'll give you advantage. You could put Balam in the 99 to feed him the equipments you drop to generate cards.
>>
>>54745187
wizard tribal maybe

or braids, with all the ways to make her ability as asymmetric as possible
>>
>>54745167
They haven't spiked because they're not good in the formats in which they're played. In order for them to be good, the design team would have to change what they've been doing drastically. They'll continue to go up in price as supply decreases faster than demand, but they're not going to spike.
>>
>>54736799
>>54736705
>>
>>54743848
this for sure
>>
>>54745282
idk, reserve list is a little different than "is it good in legacy or vintage"
>>
>>54744692
this
>>
>>54745359
Reserve list is why the price will never go down until MtG dies. Supply will never go up, demand will stay constant or rise. Legacy/Vintage usage is why Underground Sea goes for 400 but you can get a Scrubland for 50.
>>
>>54744692
I have a friend like this. He's a good friend, but bad at losing. I ended learning to let some stuff slip by to let him win just so that we can play another game.
>>
>>54743510
bump
>>
>>54745551
you are doing it wrong
bump
>>
>>54743510
teeg is better in the 99
Sisay for a slower more consistent deck
gw selvala for a faster, less consistent (but seriously how much more consistent can a deck get than sissay) and selvala plays around most stacks better

also its PrayNobodyBoardwipes.dek
I usually win on turn 4-5 either by generating inf mana and playing out my deck or by a fuckhuge craterhoof
>>
File: C17.png (46KB, 912x602px) Image search: [Google]
C17.png
46KB, 912x602px
Thoughts on the Numena being the primary Grixis Wizards commander?

They bring up some good points!
>>
File: Maro.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Maro.png
291KB, 375x523px
>>54744264
>>
>>54745611
I feel that Teeg is extremely polarizing for both the game and deck building, so if I want to utilize him, I need him readily available before anybody even considers dropping a 4cmc spell. They can try to boardwipe, so far there are Toxic Deluge and Cyclonic rift that Teeg doesn't counter just by existing. My main concern about Sisay was that the amount of hate she can tutor is not that high, it's mostly creature based combos
>>
>>54744264
I don't get how someone who wants to make triple strike a thing can't understand EDH.
>>
How many Ramp/Mana accelerants should a deck have? I've been doing playtests of my deck online and it seems like I'll end up with a ridiculous amount of mana and almost nothing to play with it.
>>
>>54744323
>it opens up a new realm of playing value from synergy
I'm one of those new players you are talking about
What would "playing value for synergy"
mean? I'm trying to get better
>>
>>54745635
Why is it that people constantly reference Rick and Morty? It's not even like the references are subtle, just people fake burping and talking like Rick or mentioning one of these stupid jokes.

I can't even go to my FLGS for a game of commander without being assaulted by Rick and Morty References or someone blasting System of a Down from their phone speaker.
>>
>>54745714
I go with like 37 lands and 8 pieces of ramp usually, although not exactly those numbers always.

I dunno if that's mathematically correct, but it seems to be the proportions that've worked well for me.
>>
>>54745748
It's because they lack originality and just leech off of something popular to get attention.
>>
>>54745748
Because people like it and want to talk about it? Not everyone is a super serious tryhard like you mate.
>>
>>54743863
No, momentous fall works because you can sacrifice before paying mana costs, causing the game to use Omnaths last known P/T. This checks on resolution, after all costs have been paid
>>
File: thisisnotacarddiuxhnq.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thisisnotacarddiuxhnq.png
175KB, 265x370px
RIP Ink Eyes
>>
>>54745752
Yeah looking at my decklist I have 11 so time to cut down on that a bit.
>>
>>54745786
That's pretty neat. I like that only one opponent gets the rat, so you can actually get political with it.
>>
>>54736388
Mono Green Ramp players are generally autistic and freak out if you try to stop them
"B-BUT HES GOT CREATURES ON BOARD!!!! REEEEE"
Yeah and you are gonna cast 12 fatties in a turn you autistic fuckwit
>>
>>54745786
Love it. Just hope there is a GW Cat legend that isn't as shitty as the one we know.
>>
>>54745786
I wasn't too enthusiastic about cat tribal, but that shit makes me cringe
>>
>>54745786
Where are they released?
>>
File: images-18.jpg (4KB, 109x179px) Image search: [Google]
images-18.jpg
4KB, 109x179px
>>54745786
This..
Its..
That's just amazing.

Well done Wizards.
>>
>>54745822
Why? Just a flavorful cat.
>>
>>54745820
If the dragon leaks are any indication, the other two GW cats probably won't care about tribal, so that would be a plus.
>>
File: 1343081744804.jpg (134KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1343081744804.jpg
134KB, 500x333px
>>54745786
>Marrow Gnawer players completely and utterly BTFO
>>
File: DGohUC1XUAEIQc9.jpg (113KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
DGohUC1XUAEIQc9.jpg
113KB, 900x500px
Copyaxe
>>
>>54745516
You're a terrible friend for enabling that shit
>>
>>54745786
>>54745861
>black decks caring about creatures
>>
File: Mirri.png (183KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Mirri.png
183KB, 265x370px
moar kitteh
>>
File: en_kqVPwMnL5C.png (198KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_kqVPwMnL5C.png
198KB, 265x370px
A better look at the main commander

Also the history of MTG cats http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/cats-2017-08-07
>>
File: en_iR79ubiOiv.png (167KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_iR79ubiOiv.png
167KB, 265x370px
Conspiracy cat
>>
>>54745904
I cant possibly see this causing problems at all.
>>
>>54745904
This could potentially work in a Brago deck
>>
>>54745878
3rd Mirri? I just want a new Orim.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54745904
Isn't this just whoever attacks you because how are they going to prove you did/didn't choose the person?
>>
>>54745878
>>54745866
>>54745904
Has my interest, glad I preordered weeks ago.
>>
>>54745866
>>54743722
These two look fun together.
>>
>>54745948
Write it down on a piece of paper and slip it under the cat. Fuckwit.
>>
>>54736388
Uninteractive infinite combos, especially if I go at lengths to stop them and still fail.

There are two guys who only have 1 pretty tuned deck each, that go every game for about the same infinite creature looping and infinite mana respectively, and no matter how much you counter and remove their pieces, the recursion and backup plans are so numerous they'll probably win anyway. To pour salt in the wound, there are always aggro players who go "you have no blockers, I attack you for 15" when all my resources go to keeping the combo players from slapping them in the face so hard the skin would come off.

Also fucking superfriends.

>>54736461
Yep, also deranged lunatics who prefer attacking to drawing cards
>>
>>54745948
for instance by:
-writing it down
-telling a judge
-attaching something to the card other players can't see
>>
>>54745948
>Not understanding you can write a name on a piece of paper and place it under the card.

C'mon man, don't be an idiot
>>
>>54745904
>Blue gets True-Name Nemesis
>White gets True-Name Passive-Aggressive Friend
>>
I am new to Magic.

Any tips?
I love the color Black.
>>
>>54746008
Play Phage EDH
>>
>>54745971
>>54745967
>>54745962
Do you actually think this bullshit is acceptable?
>>
>>54746008
What do you like about black anon?
>>
>>54746025
yes, you dumb cunt. EDH may be a semi-casual format but that doesn't stop good sportsmanship and respect for the other players. Just because you'd cheat and be a shitty person, doesn't mean everyone else will.
>>
>>54746025
>I hate Conspiracy!
gb2 Modern or whatever format you're from.
>>
File: 1452796716772.png (395KB, 914x620px) Image search: [Google]
1452796716772.png
395KB, 914x620px
>>54746025
It was fine when I played both Conspiracies in draft, so I don't see why it wouldn't be fine here.

Unless you're some kind of giga nigga who won't write down who you're choosing just so you can go "Oh you're attacking me? Say goodbye to your Blightsteel" when you're attacked by someone on the board
>>
>>54746025
Did you not draft Conspiracy? That's exactly how you handle hidden information. Pretty sure that's how you'd handle it if you played the card in legacy too.
>>
File: DGomy3dWAAAzqMC.png-large.png (182KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
DGomy3dWAAAzqMC.png-large.png
182KB, 265x370px
Protect Me Cat
>>
>>54745871
I know. But I'm as bad at teaching people as he is at losing.
>>
>>54745866
>I think my Bonesplitter has autism lol
>>
>>54746108
That's not new, the art is though. Nice to see it in the deck though not really surprised.
>>
>>54746108
it's a fucking repint
>>
>>54746066
Oh yes, 'cause people buy Conspiracy because of the shitty Will of the council mechanics and not because of the quality cardboard and reprints.

>>54746049
Name a single existing mechanic the requires you to write shit on a piece of paper and then conceal it. It's Goblin game levels of cancer

>>54746075
No thanks, I don't gamble
>>
Do you guys mix silver-bordered cards in your decks for casual? I found my unhinged and unglued cards and want to put them in my EDH decks.

Although putting Infernal Spawn of Infernal Spawn of Evil in my Ascenedant Evincar EDH for reanimation might be excessive.
>>
>>54736627
Post decklist? Ive been looking for a good leviathan deck
>>
>>54746135
>>54746140
Whoops, you're right. Checking those Future Sight cards off the list, I guess.
>>
>>54746169
No, silver bordered cards are lame
>>
>>54745904
>only once
Per ETB?
>>
>>54746141
This that good bait. Gimme more anon.
>>
>>54746188
Yes, when cards return they "forget" their previous states
>>
>>54746188
Yes. It resets every time the cat leaves and etb.
>>
New thread!

>>54746204
>>54746204
>>54746204
>>54746204
>>
>>54746188
Yes, if you flicker the cat it enters the battlefield as a new instance of the card.
>>
>>54746141
Is this the next evolution of the anti-Oloro crowd?
>>
>>54746188
Yes, "this ability" means "this ability of this Stalking Leonin." If you flicker it it'll forget both the player you had chosen and that it activated, because it's now a different card.

I'm liking this. Seems like they're going for an anti-aggro theme with Arahbo there to enable your own beats.
>>
>>54746169
Yeah, they're a big thing in my group. We've also allowed some custom card generations if they're balanced well enough. The most recent commander spoilers inspired me to try my hand at a commander myself, and it turned out great. It's something like this

Keizhav, the Dark Shadow - 1UBG

Legendary Creature - Human Rogue

Eminence - In the beginning of your upkeep, if Keizhav, the Dark Shadow is in the command zone or on the battlefield, draw 1 card and lose 1 life.

First Strike, Shroud, Infect

4/2

It's won me a ton of games so far, probably my favorite card in MTG overall.
>>
>>54746169
I allow some of them, but I personally don't like to use them.
>>
>>54746227
Are there people who think Oloro isn't cancer? Among people who didn't buy his precon that is
>>
>>54746008
Prepare to spend a lot of money.
>>
File: DF1aQCHXoAEr_fc.jpg (188KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
DF1aQCHXoAEr_fc.jpg
188KB, 800x472px
>>54746169
I would only ever run pic related and maybe cheatyface in EDH. Anything else is either too dumb to be played (Shit with 1/2 power/toughness) or just retarded (Stuff where you throw the card in the air or have remove clothing)
>>
>>54746237
Seems a tad strong for what it is. At least you didn't give it hexproof though
>>
>>54738454
That's insane. Masterpieces are distributed something like one every second or third box, the odds of buying a box and hoping for any masterpieces is against the odds, but hoping for a specific one?

You're right, these people are idiots. I often trade valuable standard cards for modern staples as they'll see use for years and hold value.

I pulled a FoW at Amonket prerelease and I can't trade it locally. I'll have to risk selling online.
>>
>>54745748
>he doesnt like SOAD
I mean I dont anymore but thats because ive become a prude among prudes
>>
>>54746203
>>54746207
>>54746215
>>54746229
Thanks, guys.
>>
File: a7d.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
a7d.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
>>54746141
nice bait anon, its almost modern playable
>>
>>54745866
giant antiphage: the equipment
>>
>>54746508
hmmm I wonder if it is due to retarded design that allows you a predetermined result in a 1v1
>>
>>54746237

That is stupidly broken of course he's won you some games
>>
>>54736388
>mana crypt
>superfriends
>cancerous blue value creatures like Patron Wizard, Glen Elendra Archamge and Master Transmuter
>targeted removal retards, like that guy who STPed my Tajic instead of Devoted Druid
If you fall into any of these groups I'm after your ass the entire night
>>
>>54740866
He's probably the most versatile monored commander. You could run him as red goodstuff and he'd still be good. Most people utilize him as extra combat tribal though.
>>54740891
>he's too dumb to play Thieves' Auction
That shit is almost as autoinclude as Insurrection
>>
>>54746237
>I start with free phyrexian arena emblem in the command zone
>balanced
Hey let me give this a shot

Necro, the Potent UBG

Legendary Creature - Spike

Eminence - If you would draw a card while your library has no cards in it, if Necro the Potent is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you win the game instead.

Pay 1 life: Draw a card.

3/3
>>
>>54745786

This is a very well designed card imo.
>>
How do you guys handle ramp in this boardwipe format? One of my decks ramps hard but a lot of it is creature based (Llanowar Elves etc). I figure this is a little too fragile. I do have access to green and run all of the standard ramp spells but stopped short of using the less optimal ones in favour of smaller CMC creatures that generate mana.
>>
>>54745878
>we truly care about the color pie guise
>
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.