[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 46

File: dominik-mayer-siege-ladder.jpg (511KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
dominik-mayer-siege-ladder.jpg
511KB, 1920x1035px
>Unearthed Arcana: Greyhawk Initiative:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>54625103

Do you like sieges and mass combat on occasion? How have you/has your GM balanced those types of encounters?
>>
>>54631450
The old V1 mass battles rules (with stands and so forth) are actually quite workable.
>>
Maybe we'll get a decent UA in August.
>>
>>54631450
Never actually done mass combat before. I imagine it's a fucking mess if the DM doesn't pull it off perfectly though.
>>
File: mearls.jpg (35KB, 572x780px) Image search: [Google]
mearls.jpg
35KB, 572x780px
>>54631489
>implying
>>
>>54631450
I don't really leave that shit up to chance to be honest. If an army is gonna win it will win due to numbers or PC intervention. It's mostly window dressing.

If there's a shit ton of foot soldiers helping fight some massive creature then I basically make them lair actions that benefit the party.
>>
sup /tg/

Looked in the books, can't find rules for it. Cam you make a knowledge check for free in combat? Anywhere it says that?

Thank you.
>>
>>54631545
If you're the DM, fucking decide for yourself
>>
>>54631545
No. It takes an action to make an ability check unless otherwise stated. Read the goddamn book.
>>
>>54631568
It's a skill check.
>>
>>54631576
Skill checks are ability checks you dolt
>>
>>54631568
Which use... that's right. Ability scores.
They are subsets of that and bound by the same rule. Learn to read.
>>
>>54631545
remembering information probably isn't an action. telling everyone else the information is apparently an action. I guess talking isn't free any more.

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/77580/does-getting-information-about-a-monster-in-combat-take-an-action

cites PHB page 190
>>
Is Boltsmelter's Book the worst module available for 5e? If not, what is?
>>
>>54631606
>I guess talking isn't free any more.
Did you read the book? It says "You can communicate however you are able, through brief utterances and gestures, as you take your turn."
>>
>>54631545
>>54631545
>Cam you make a knowledge check

No. Knowing something isn't an action, so you shouldn't be rolling a check for it. Knowledge is passive.
>>
>>54631545
>Cam you make
Cammy died in session today. We will not forget how hard we laughed at the Whammy Trannie.
>>
>>54631638
>Knowing something isn't an action, so you shouldn't be rolling a check for it
Anon are you retarded? Of course you roll to see if your character knows something that they may or may not know.
>>
>>54631606
in addition to this, remember a turn is supposed to be six seconds and consider how long it takes you to both remember something (basically instant) and relay it to other people (significantly less instant).

>>54631635
yeah but "brief utterances and gestures" isn't a full sentence, is it? that's shit like yelling "over here!" or "duck!", not "their kind ill likes fire!" or "even in numbers, a weakling is a weakling still!"

though I guess that's up to the DM.
>>
File: Ebberon.png (36KB, 965x647px) Image search: [Google]
Ebberon.png
36KB, 965x647px
Make way, best seting
>>
>>54631535
I'm about to have PCs on a battlefield and that's pretty much how it's gonna go.
>>
>>54631450
Running HotDQ, there's a section where the players can spark a massive battle between about 40 lizardfolk and 100 bullywugs, plus a dozen cultists and a couple of named villain NPCs. If I ever do it again, I would handwave it as (if the players don't help) each lizardfolk kills 2 or 1.5 bullywugs. But...

What I did was essentially divide them into squads of 10 monsters each and made a macro in roll20 that would simultaneously roll all the 20 attacks a squad would make, compare it to the other side's AC and multiply the number of successes by average damage. Then I'd see how many enemies would that total damage kill. And so on and so forth.

So basically I just ran it like normal combat, but I overprepared to account for the crazy numbers.
>>
>>54631656
>are you retarded?
Are you? You make an ability check (if necessary) when you declare an action. What action are you taking to "see if your character knows something that they may or may not know"? Knowledge should ALWAYS use passive ability scores.
>>
Does anyone know where to get a copy of the Baby Bestiary?
>>
>>54631739
Never roleplay the furthest knowledge if the light switch was repaired. You really want to roll a nat 20 in that case.
>>
>>54631663
i'm pretty salty warforged aren't in anything official yet

i wanna be the robot guy

>>54631739
you could argue "recalling information" is an action of some kind, just not one that takes very long.

and there's enough variance in being able to remember shit when you're *not* in a battle for your life that I'd say rolling for it isn't too unreasonable.
>>
File: Grayhawk.png (35KB, 965x647px) Image search: [Google]
Grayhawk.png
35KB, 965x647px
>>54631663
Friend, you are mistake
>>
>>54631786
Gotta get your levels up in "That Guy" first champ. Trust me, I spent 15 years being "That Guy" and now I have a vegetable for a daughter. Don't be like me.
>>
>>54631776
>Never roleplay the furthest knowledge if the light switch was repaired. You really want to roll a nat 20 in that case.
What?
>>
>>54631823
You have to pretend you're a step removed so as not to electric metagame you autist. How hard is that?
>>
>>54631823
Stop responding to this fuck
>>
So, the Cleric's Divine Intervention. It says any cleric spell is suitable, but what would the save be? Would a deity's save be super high, or would it just use the cleric's spell save? If it's the latter, I don't see what the point of this feature is. One extra spell is kind of nice, but before 20 it has a very high chance of failure, and lol at the idea of actually playing at level 20.
>>
>>54631849
I'll respond to whoever the FUCK I want to, friendo.
>>
>>54631854
As a DM I would argue that it just happens, no save. If you succeed in getting divine intervention then your deity impresses their will on the universe and you owe them bigtime.
>>
>>54631854
It says "the effect of any cleric spell...", so I assume that any saving throws would automatically fail.
>>
>>54631849
kys

I am bringing important conversations to the top of the pack. You're just a beta and jealous of how alpha I am. I bet your boyfriend tried to leave you for me. Look at my fucking Warlord and play it, tell me how it is.
>>
>>54631881
>>54631882

Alright so, a 10-19% chance of a super fuck you spell.....but the DM choses which spell, so not only do you have no control, it's very likely to fail. Seems like the only reason to use it is if you're out of spell slots and about to die.
>>
>>54631901
>Seems like the only reason to use it is if you're out of spell slots and about to die.
I mean... it's quite literally a "hail Mary" ability. It's not supposed to be reliable.
>>
>>54631854
Yeah it's kind of a shitty action which is why I usually just turn it into something that solves whatever problem they're having or whatever will advance the plot.

I pray to kill the bbeg instantly isn't something I'd likely do. But if it's like "smite this fucking miniboss pls god" and it succeeds, then fucking sure.

If it were THE bbeg, or something of that magnitude I'd probably have it seriously turn the tide in their favor and of course it's flavored based on the deity.
At level 20, shit is usually hitting the fan hard enough that only getting to use it once per week is enough to really save it for when it needs using.

Honestly, I believe the intention is that it's supposed to be very good if it succeeds. But that suggestion is there just so players have something to point to as a minimum.
>>
>>54631901
See >>54631917

Also the spell is only random if you don't pray for a specific kind of intervention. Obviously unless your character is literally retarded you'd pray to be saved from the threat you're facing or that someone is resurrected or whatever actually needs solving right then.
>>
>>54631539
Literally who are you?
>>
>>54631952
Don't take the bait, just ignore him
>>
>>54631901
I literally was playing a game and we were getting fucked up the ass, all out of spell slots, and the cleric rolled an 11, we were level 15, so it succeeded. It was fucking awesome. Worth it for that moment at our table for sure.

He was a cleric of some thunder/lightning god, so it was like a level 9 call lightning iirc. Plenty enough to save our asses.
>>
>>54631901
or you could just not use it in the middle of combat
use it before a fight and maybe the whole party gets hasted
maybe cure a plague, or rebuild a destroyed city, it doesn't have to be a cleric spell
>>
All this talk of gods.

Which should I go with for my cleric archer?
Tempest archer wood elf or protector aasimar war cleric?

Also any cool deities that fit either domain to be pulled from? Wood elf would likely be chaotic neutral or good, while aasimar I'd probably be looking toward lawful good.
>>
File: 1472760838488.png (70KB, 700x890px) Image search: [Google]
1472760838488.png
70KB, 700x890px
>>54631539
If you like homebrew you should check out this excellent homebrew race
>>
>>54631952
I'm c0re? There's no way you've never heard of me. I'm the biggest turd in shittown. I am the head of 5eg. I get Rick to do whatever the hell I want. I have an army of autist elite thatguys ready to fuck you up in a moment's notice. All it takes is two-click and my daughter I keep chained up will bite your fucking jugular out.

Have you played my Artificer supplement? Should help keep your sessions interesting. Since your story is utter shit anyways.
>>
>>54632031
>Which should I go with for my cleric archer?
DEPENDS
ON
THE
SETTING
>Tempest archer wood elf or protector aasimar war cleric?
First one seems more fun to me desu
>>
>>54632039
Not bad. I think I'll throw it into my stuff and take credit.

Thanks.
>>
>>54632070
>DEPENDS
>ON
>THE
>SETTING
Do you mean what god should I go with?
I was talking about what class, sorry. That was confusing.

But about the god, setting doesn't fucking matter actually. It's all homebrew and we do whatever the fuck we want, so I'm looking more for inspiration than anything else. If there's a cool deity that exists in mythology somewhere I'm down to consider it or steal ideas in regards to its lore.

Yeah, I like both, but being angel-man seems fun to me too. Feels like I'd be able to land some pretty big angel-powered arrows at people too.
>>
>>54632039
Fantastic execution.
>>
>>54632129
Artemis is your lady. Greek Goddess of Hunting and Archery.
>>
>>54632010
>it doesn't have to be a cleric spell

the description says cleric spell or cleric domain spell. And only one. So I don't see how it can haste multiple people.
>>
How bad will I get "That Guy'd" if I post a looking for players notice at my lgs. I just moved to a new town and have zero friends here and hate online play.
>>
>>54631539
I'm up for a discord, link?
>>
>>54632232
https://discord.gg/0i1aZV35xAqts4s0

Don't be too threatened by my magnificence.
>>
>>54632220
Not him, but from the wording it seems as though that's a suggestion, not a clear-cut rule. Up to DM discretion.
>>
File: PunchingMan.png (64KB, 711x798px) Image search: [Google]
PunchingMan.png
64KB, 711x798px
>>54632144
Thank you kind stranger
Are you perhaps also interested in homebrew classes
>>
>>54632220
>>54632287
it just says the effect of any cleric spell would be appropriate, clearly a suggestion, the DM can come up with any way to satisfy the prayer
i've never used it, but to me it seems like an extremely useful ability unless the DM hates you, just don't use it in combat unless extremely desperate
>>
>>54632376
If I were a playing a cleric I'd limit myself to praying for things within the domain of my deity.

>life cleric
resurrecting a fallen ally in the heat of battle, or curing someone that's incredibly sick, etc.
>war cleric
some sort of boons in battle, or an incredibly powerful attack, protection against an outside force, or even some sort of battle strategy
>tempest
a storm to hide us as we pass through dangerous territory, a giant wave to sink an enemy ship, for them to calm a storm that's about to sink OUR ship
>knowledge
a library card that never expires

I feel like praying for help outside of a deities particular domain is something I'd be less likely to grant as a DM unless it were something minor.
>>
As fucking predicted, as soon as I left Ricks' session (I did not get kicked out like everyone heard) TPK. Why am I so great at this game?
>>
>>54632454
You're a dumpsterfire of a person
Do you assume everyone is directing their questions towards you specifically or are you just that full of shit
>>
>>54632515
they're kind enough to use a name, so when you see it just ignore. It's that simple
>>
>>54632515
Stop responding to this obvious bait
How can you really be this stupid
Ignore him
>>
>>54632515
Really hurt my feelings. I'm going to have to take a moment on this one.

Jk kys
>>
File: FunnyBlackManMeme.png (72KB, 711x798px) Image search: [Google]
FunnyBlackManMeme.png
72KB, 711x798px
>>54631576
>skill checks are separate from ability checks
>>
File: colville.png (840KB, 854x479px) Image search: [Google]
colville.png
840KB, 854x479px
What do you guys think of Matthew Colville?

I'm a bit on the fence here, some of his content is very good, but some is utter garbage.
>>
>>54632292
I missed the punching man discussion from the previous thread, sadly.

>>54632605
my sides
>>
>>54632651
Worth watching. If you disagree with him on some things, that's fine - a show doesn't have to be right 100% of the time to be good.
Learn what you can from what you like and be able to explain the things you don't like and you'll come out much wiser.
>>
>>54632651
It's all utter dreck. Don't pay attention to him. Cats talk about things is a much better youtube series.
>>
>>54632651
>>54632689

Speaking of 'content worth watching'; what IS worth watching? I've poked around at WebDM on Youtube and was fairly 'eh'.

What do people recommend / what do they follow? Also potentially receptive to things like podcasts.
>>
File: 1476998387875.png (1MB, 1279x511px) Image search: [Google]
1476998387875.png
1MB, 1279x511px
>>54631450
What are the best Campaign books? The Ravenloft one I've noticed has gotten a lot of love and I have only seen disdain for Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but what about the others?
>>
>>54632651
He jumps at a chance to defend his friends. Namely Mercer and co.
Mercer is fine and whatever. His only problem is his alcoholic girlfriend.

What I got from Colville in that video is basically
>don't let the rules dictate your fun
And he's not wrong. What I don't agree with is his presumption that the only people criticizing other people's games are those that aren't playing in games themselves. While that may be true in many cases, that's not so for a great number of us. It takes two seconds for me to recall that a hasted rogue does not get 4 actions and 2 bonus actions. I have plenty of time to prepare my own games despite being able to point that out.
I don't go to reddit or anything, but I think the critrole fans that don't really know d&d or those that only play it because of the show and others like it dislike any kind of criticism or "well, I would have done X" instead because they see it as hostile when it can just be friendly discourse among viewers.

I enjoy critrole and other things like it as background noise and inspiration for my own games as well. Criticism doesn't mean you hate a thing or want someone to necessarily change their ways to suite you.
>>
>>54632723
I've got shill these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrscpWQByU&list=PLxV6pTP86zoYAA1SRSBKr4BX6f02DtfqY

Probably the best D&D experiences you can record.
>>
>>54632747
Fuck I miss that comic. The dialogue in it is a national treasure.
>>
>>54632723
I'd link a video but it's me talking about why killing goblins isn't racist and I haven't made anything since
>>
File: 1476997130240.jpg (347KB, 640x515px) Image search: [Google]
1476997130240.jpg
347KB, 640x515px
>>54632779
I don't understand how it flat out doesn't exist anymore online
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (132KB, 400x542px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
132KB, 400x542px
>>54632651
He's good as long as you take his stuff with a pinch of salt. The guy has a huge amount of experience and he has good reasons for thinking all the things he's tied and tested work.
Goes full retard whenever he tries to talk about anything not Dungeons and Dragons though in that classic nerd way, but that's kind of adorable.
>>
Sup /tg/, I'm looking for a meaner wild magic surge table. The reason is that the current arc of my game's big bad is mass producing something called allcatalyst, which acts as a nearly universal spell component for spells under 4th level, but causes a surge on a %roll of 10 or under. It's also radioactive and just ever so slightly bad news, so I want the effects to be more negative than good.
>>
What are some interesting morality tests for lawful good paladins?
>>
>>54631450
HOW THE FUCK DOES MAGICAL SECRETS WORK?
do you get 2 more spells known from an expanded spell list?
or do you just get an expanded spell list?
>>
>>54632834
Oh god, no. No. No. No.
>>
>>54632723
I find most d&d advice to be pretty shit.
I like crit role for the characters and roleplay. The story is pretty standard fair for a game of d&d. But mercer does nice voices and is pretty good at descriptions of things. Though you do notice how he falls into patterns of describing certain things and then the effect dulls. Though it can't be helped.
When it comes to podcast The Adventure Zone hits a lot of really good beats for me. A shame they seem so intent of scripting the final bits of the show so much to "get it right." The organic nature of the brothers sitting around and doing shit like in the first arc was what I really liked, I didn't need an amazing story. But I guess they feel the weight of responsibility to deliver a good ending or whatever.

But regardless of the things that I don't love about those shows, I still like them enough to tune in.
>>
File: AcroRd32_2017-07-31_21-22-23.png (300KB, 450x272px) Image search: [Google]
AcroRd32_2017-07-31_21-22-23.png
300KB, 450x272px
>>54632845
READ THE BOOK YOU FUCKING IDIOT
IT'S SO GOD DAMN FUCKING OBVIOUS HOW IT WORKS
>>
>>54632834
Giving them a bunch of bullshit inane "tests" and seeing how long it takes for them to physically strike you
>>
>>54632834
Fuck you.
>>
>>54632834
One day you'll grow out of wanting to "gotcha!" your players and let them have agency.
>>
>>54632605
Well they used to be before the game became casualized trash.
>>
>>54632834
Depends on their specific ideals. "Lawful Good" is a really freakin' broad term. You have to figure out what you're actually testing them for.
>>
>>54632779
>>54632803
What comic is that?
>>
File: 1496978691715.jpg (288KB, 1108x1753px) Image search: [Google]
1496978691715.jpg
288KB, 1108x1753px
>>54632877
I DID READ THE BOOK, NIGGER
IT DOENST MAKE SENSE
IT COULD GO BOTH WAYS
>>
>>54632834
Literally kill yourself

captcha: close calle
>>
>>54632834
Morality is subjective. Using alignment is retarded and you should kill yourself
>>
File: 01.jpg (652KB, 1280x1988px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
652KB, 1280x1988px
>>54632916
The D&D comic
I happen to have all 16 issues on my computer
>>
File: 1377291525357.jpg (102KB, 751x658px) Image search: [Google]
1377291525357.jpg
102KB, 751x658px
>>54632916
Fell's Five
>>
>>54632919
How could "Choose two spells from any class" be ANY FUCKING CLEARER YOU GOD DAMN AUTIST
>>
>>54632919
Not him but I literally couldn't think of a clearer way to explain it to you than what is plainly written in the book.
>>
File: 1674625-dnd_theteam.jpg (75KB, 589x412px) Image search: [Google]
1674625-dnd_theteam.jpg
75KB, 589x412px
>>54632937
you should post it on Mega or something you good looking fine stallion
>>
>>54632965
>Alleged Paladin
kek
>>
>>54632942
>>54632944
interesting how you two dont actuallu state what you think it means and why.
afraid to be BTFO if you reveal your position?
>>
>>54632899
Skills are excellently incorporated into 5e's proficiency system. They are one of the several ways to apply a proficiency bonus to an ability check.
Other than "it's new," what do you not like about it?

>>54632919
Listen, it's great that you're starting to play 5e and are coming here for advice, but for fuck's sake this isn't /pfg/. You don't have to accompany every post with a sexy picture.
>>
>>54632845
What is so hard to understand? You can pick and choose to learn any 2 spells in the game. These are already included in the in the number of spells known you can have (lore bard's Additional Magical Secrets are not included, though. They're extra).
>>
>>54632991
99% sure it means you pick 2 spells from any class and then you learn them, and those spells count towards your total spells known.
Is this clear enough?
>>
>>54632991
I... don't understand. I posted a screenshot straight from the book, which explains it in the simplest, clearest language possible. Do you know how to read?
>>
>>54632991
You pick two spells when you level up.
They can come from literally any class so long as it's a level you can cast from.
If you pick those two spells then end up with more spells in your metaphorical spellbook than the amount you should be able to know, as noted in the bard table, then you fucked up.
>>
>>54632991
I'm honestly afraid to try to clarify it for you for fear of confusing you further.
>>
>>54632965
lol I'm a neckbeard but sure, uploading the folder now.
>>
File: 1499489088701.gif (3MB, 360x188px) Image search: [Google]
1499489088701.gif
3MB, 360x188px
>>54633010
thank you.
>>
Any compilations of custom magic items? My table and I are bored of the standard randomized shit in the phb and I want to give them some neat stuff. I'm asking here hoping for stuff thats kinda balanced.
>>
>>54633049
let me stroke that neckbeard anon
>>
>>54632937
>>54632965
>you should post it on Mega or something
Yes please
>>
File: 1461100461599.jpg (204KB, 1071x419px) Image search: [Google]
1461100461599.jpg
204KB, 1071x419px
>>54633049
in honor lets name the top DnD comics of all time
in no particular order
Fell's Five
Order of the Stick
DM of the Rings
and Dark Dungeons
>>
>>54632651
>dude just fudge rolls lmao your players won't know

Nah.
>>
>>54633058
magic items aren't even really balanced in the official shit, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just read the description and make sure it doesn't do anything more than you're comfortable with.

So with that said, you can probably check DMs guild or the trove for magic items. If you find one you think is interesting, read how it's worded, decide if you're cool with the effect, then give it out.
>>
>>54632851
>>54632878
>>54632881
>>54632898
>>54632920
Morality tests aren't necessarily tricks, I don't want to put my players against a wall. I want sutuations where they can't prove they're on the top of their game and stay true to their convictions even when facing death itself.
Stop getting triggered over nothing.
>>
>>54633106
>I want sutuations where they can't prove they're on the top of their game and stay true to their convictions even when facing death itself.
Freudian slip?
>>
>>54633094
>>54633071
>>54633066
Oh shit my bad, I only have 16 of the 44 issues
I've failed you all
>>
>>54633058
Anon, I've got you.
https://manysideddice.com/2015/03/10/a-table-of-contents-thats-better-than-nothing/
They are a bit wordy, though. But there's some cool stuff in there.
>>
File: yfw.jpg (54KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
54KB, 500x665px
>>54633049
Thank you, neckbeard anon. Today, you are not a faggot.
>>
>>54633106
Think about it another way.
Don't test his morality. Test his oath. Paladins don't swear to be lawful good. They swear an oath.
And instead of "testing" him, throw these obvious choices towards him periodically to make sure he's sticking to his oath in the most basic sense of roleplay. Then once he becomes comfortable, give him a really pressing choice. Not to cause him to fall, but to see what the character does.
>>
>>54633106
Can you say that again in English?
>>
File: 1401487470142.png (122KB, 439x443px) Image search: [Google]
1401487470142.png
122KB, 439x443px
>>54633116
I don't understand how it just disappeared from the internet
it used to have a torrent and a mediafire
>>
>>54632651

Used to really like him. Today's video was a dumpster fire, though.

He's a writer by trade so a lot of his info on setting/plot was good but so much of his advice about actually playing the game seemed downright bizarre. Finding out he's secretly been a "lol fuck the books smart people like me don't even read 'em, just fudge whatever feels right"-type the whole time went back and filled in a lot of blanks.

AFAIC, after today he's gone full DawnForgedCast. Never go full DawnForgedCast.
>>
>>54633173
>>54633106
>Can
fix'ed
>>
>>54633204
What does that mean?
>>
>>54632689
>>54632768
>>54632814

Good stuff.

>>54632696

Who hurt you?
>>
>>54633116

"Dungeons & Dragons (Fell's Five)[edit]
The ongoing series of Dungeons & Dragons started in August 2010, with an issue 0 that introduced the major characters. It then continued with issue 1 in November of that year. 16 issues were published with the last issue being released in February 2012."

Share fell's five.
>>
So I'm DMing for a group now. The group happens to be a Tiefling Bard, an Aasimir Paladin, kobold card player, and they only mundane of the bunch a human Monk/Cleric Who I actually made, but ended up being the game master so I just let someone else play them. Any tips for a first time gay master? I was a bit worried hearing the characters they wanted to play, but the first session went fine, in fact the only trouble maker is the guy playing my human because he is a sarcastic bitch all the time. I designed him as a more reserved and cool headed traveler. That's mostly just a personal gripe he plays fine and he's in character, his character is just a dick.
>>
>>54633227
Also I will say additionally that he was right about one other thing
>players often read a spell, get about half way, assume the rest of the spell, and stop reading

fucking marisha
>>
>>54633252
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dungeons-Dragons-2010
>>
>>54633271
Disband and find a new group. None of them sounds smart.
>>
>>54633271
>first time gay master
>>
>>54633252
Oh, my misunderstanding, then.
I'm uploading anyway.
>>
>>54632834

Hang yourself and see if any of them cut you loose.
>>
Kobold or goblin artificer?
>>
>>54633271
Keep notes, don't be afraid to break away from what you had planned, improvise and take note of what you make up on the spot. There's plenty of resources for randomising encounters, npcs, towns, hell you can find tables to randomise the menu of an inn. If you think something was ufun for the party, or think you're rail roading, talk to your players.

With a party like that, decide how the world will tend to react and keep it consistent.
>>
>>54633448
One of each.
>>
uggggh
>>
>>54633456
shieeet.
Gunsmith kobold an alchemist goblin would make for a fun duo.
>>
>>54633503
Toss in a Gnome tinkerer and you've got yourself a party made for insane adventures.
>>
>>54633204
I know bringing up Youtube drama is a sin, but what exactly did DFC do? I stopped paying attention to him simply because I disliked his content, but if he did something to be an insult, it must have been more than just acting like his way of playing is the best. Or was it just that?
>>
>>54633643
iirc he spammed people (other YouTubers) with hate via sock puppet accounts and got caught in the act.
>>
>>54633451
Yeah the diversesity is something I've not quite figured out how to handle. The Monk is actually a far traveler from Shou no less, so they all draw eyes. For the first quest there in a rather desperate town so I've mostly just been having the townspeople be surprised but they have bigger things to worry about for now so they don't get hung up on it.
>>
>>54633643
From what I heard he made some proxy accounts to troll/harass other YouTubers, though the poster you're replying to seems to have more issue with the content/style.
>>
>>54633106
Alignment means precious little - Paladins swear to hold to an oath, not to an alignment. They may face consequences of breaking that oath, but alignment is an abstraction of how they view / approach / interact with the world.

Tests for this seem fucking daft.
>>
>>54633590
or the lolipop guild
>>
File: 1501351899123.jpg (100KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
1501351899123.jpg
100KB, 1000x854px
if a flask of the the ichor of maglubiyet was a magical item, what would drinking it do?
both for levels 5-10 and 10-15
>>
I've been out of the loop. What happened to the original trove?
>>
>>54634034
Guy who ran it stopped running it, mirror got DMCA'd to hell and nobody else had a mirror of it apparently.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-15+at+12.22.32).png (78KB, 171x178px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-15+at+12.22.32).png
78KB, 171x178px
How do we fix the initiative system?
>>
>>54634044
i have a copy of it, but i'm not going to post it and get myself banned from MEGA in the process
>>
>>54634069
Don't
>>
>>54634044
So how much did we lose?
I always told myself I'll download it later...
>>
File: Evolving Magic Items.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Evolving Magic Items.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
I posted late in the last thread, any feedback would be appreciated on these homebrew items.

Thank you, anon from the last thread who recommended the Mass Death Ward effect. I like it a lot.
>>
>>54634069

Save it for when you really need it.
>>
>>54634069
Reroll every round with a modifier based on your actions taken the previous round.

Move, -1
Attack, -1/2
Cast a spell, -2
Bonus Action, -1
>>
>>54634115
>1/2
Are you fuckin serious?
>>
>>54634069
>>54634069
It can't be done.
Normal Initiative
>Roll once, use those numbers for the rest of combat

Sided Initiative
>Roll once, each side takes a turn, with everyone deciding when in-turn they go. Rinse and repeat

Speed Factor
>Looks cool but takes way longer to do than any other version

Greyhawk Initiative
>
>>
File: mearls.png (310KB, 493x493px) Image search: [Google]
mearls.png
310KB, 493x493px
>>54634115
>a worse version of speed factor
>>
Going into a meat grinder campaign, starting level 5.
Possible Party comp so far:
>Life Cleric
>Ranger
>Rogue or Shadow Monk, still undecided
>A complete fucking noob
Figuring I should probably go fighter, any suggestions?
>>
Was DMing my group after a long break. I let them re-Roll there characters because they are all inexperienced and weak in the world of Ravenloft.
Get to the old bone grinder and as 4 level 5s wanted to challenge the hag coven.
In the end I put the group in a situation that if the cleric ate charred human boy flesh that she herself had accidentally killed they could go.
She ate it.
I don't know what the hell in doing.
>>
>>54634172
Seeing as how there's no direct damage dealer why not fighter
>>
>>54634172
Dueling Style
M. Dwarf
Try to keep a bludgeoning weapon on hand
>>
>>54634069
Make it a d10 and add proficiency to it
>>
>>54631450
The way I've always run sieges and large encounters is to typically focus on a more cinematic approach. Generally, players are the deciding factor in the events and of course the action is centered around them.

They are normally tasked with something larger than the siege itself. For example, in our last major combat there was this massive naval assault on this fortress city. The PC's were apart of the naval group and assisted in initially helping secure a breachhead.

I put them at a "pivotal moment" where they essentially carved a way towards the enemy on the beach and killed their commanding officer which cause me to make a general "morale check" (I do this by a Wis save with a general DC depending on the factor [with no modifiers unless the faction has a specific modifier to this roll]). They failed and so the line broke.

However, their main task was to seize a specific noble for a specific purpose so the battle was more of a backdrop for the larger intrigue.

General combat was done with some rolls conducted privately and I would often just describe cinematically how the general course of things was running. Sometimes, the PC's wanted to know if they could help and so, such as in one case, they managed to rescue a wounded archer who had managed to find a secret pass that averted a street blockade of enemy troops. Rescuing him meant that he could relay the information back to friendly lines and the PC's helped with an encirclement attack on the garrisoned position.

These are just examples but I find it best to have a main focus for the players to reach towards and have specific scenario's/scenes that they can choose to interact and so help the general course of battle but never make it a requirement.

Sometimes it's fun just to let it fall to chance - of course in doing this you need to have some general knowledge of army compositions, positional advantages/disadvantages, etc. And just do all of this via rolls.
>>
File: 1500080301316.png (142KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1500080301316.png
142KB, 872x632px
Question: if one were to keep the more witty spellcasters on their toes, how would one go about doing that? Spell reflection, introducing counterspell, or presenting more resistances? Maybe all of the above? I would hate to appear cynical toward them, I just would like to keep it interesting to them. Any advice is welcome. In the meantime, I hope your nights are going well and that your campaign is going great.
>>
>players tell me to fuck off they ain't paying that much money for a boat/ship
>claim they will gather the wood themselves and hire a ship builder
How much wood do they need, /tg/? I managed to stall the 8 hours session by forcing them to get a permit from the local lord to chop wood in his forest.
>>
>>54634212
>>54634225
I've got no problem playing a fighter. Granted, I've been a fighter in the past 3/3 5e games I've played.
And I take it with dueling, go sword (or warhammer) and board?
I should build more defensive than offensive, shouldn't I?
>>
>>54634282
Doesn't even preparing wood take a specialist? Unless you want a warped piece of shit that breaks as soon as they set sail.
>>
>>54634295
STR before CON even for defensive fighters and Defensive Style is the only one worth considering over Dueling since Shield or whatever sucks dick.
EK is probably the tankeist archetype, but all three will probably suit you fine
>>
>>54634069
It's in my book. Take a look.
>>
>>54631663
>>54631797
>>54632039
>>54632292
>>54632605
Who said generals can't produce OC? :^)
>>
File: 1498422627775.jpg (40KB, 603x603px) Image search: [Google]
1498422627775.jpg
40KB, 603x603px
>Tell the players to come in with some interesting/fun characters
>Give Human some stuff so it isn't barebones generic
>Every race, including humans, gets a free feat
>The entire group comes in with humans anyways
>>
File: Kieler_Hansekogge_2007[1].jpg (466KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kieler_Hansekogge_2007[1].jpg
466KB, 1600x1200px
>>54634333
Good idea. Gonna google the profession's name. Anything that makes them spend money is good, I gave them money for the ship but they don't want to pay for one of the premade ones.

I figure they want to build something like this, but I don't know how many big trees it would take them.
>>
>>54634436
Are they at least interesting/fun human characters?
>>
If I've never run a game before where do I start? I've played in a few but I'm feeling overwhelmed.
>>
>>54634363
Aight. Also out of curiosity, how is Eldritch Knight the tankiest archetype? I've stuck with Battle Masters for the most part.
>>
>>54634436

Pick me anon, I'll come as a fem orc bladelock/monk.

I don't know if it'll be any good, but we'll see what happens.
>>
File: wallhaven-516922.jpg (923KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-516922.jpg
923KB, 1920x1200px
So I'm relatively new to 5e, and I'm playing a Swashbuckler in our current campaign.

Everything I've seen talks about how Swashbucklers are great with duel welding weapons, but I don't really see the advantage. .

My main MO has been to run into a fight, get a Sneak Attack using backstabs or Rakish Audicity, and combined Cunning Action's dash with Fancy Footwork to hid back behind the tanks so as not to fear reprisal.

If I use two weapons I get an extra d8 rapier hit but I give up my double movement speed which makes it way harder to get back to safety.

What am I missing that makes it worth it?
>>
>>54634390
Its reading rainbow...Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>54634488
Read the DMG cover to cover twice. After that, find a low level module and run through it. Read through it a few times so you get a good feel for it. Once you run a few sessions, get over excited and start to work on your own campaign. Run a few sessions of it, realize you hate DMing, give up forever and stick to being a player.
>>
>>54634513

It gives you a second chance for sneak attack if your first one missed,and that's pretty much it as far as I can tell.
>>
>>54634488
Use one of the modules and mod it as you use fit. I'm quite partial to Curse of Stahd and it's first dungeon Death House. It's a blast to see your players explore and try to stay alive.
>>
>>54634488
Start with Death House. It's small, self contained, and a lot of fun.

Also free

https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/Curse%20of%20Strahd%20Introductory%20Adventure.pdf
>>
>>54634485
They seem fairly cut and dry, but they could surprise me. There's nothing outlandish about them at a glance.

>>54634505
I wish, Anon. How MAD is Bladelock/Monk?
>>
>>54634502
you can buff yourself with spells
just avoid ones that have DCs or saves since you're not a real wizard
>>
>>54634546
Hmm. I guess I could use two weapons and only use the second one if I can get away safely or miss the first.

It sounds more like a Somtimes Food instead of the main playstyle.
>>
>>54634533
>>54634561
>>54634577
I appreciate it. I'll give Death House a try then.
>>
How good is grave domain for clerics anons? I'm currently running a sorc but was considering in my spare time what to roll should my current character die and grave domain cleric looked pretty cool. Any thoughts on it?
>>
>>54634586
Not sure how MAD it is, but now that I've said it I'm looking into it.
>>
>>54632803
I have almost the whole thing in a google drive tucked away somewhere.
>>
File: Untitled.png (523KB, 837x451px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
523KB, 837x451px
>>54634533
>Run a few sessions of it, realize you hate DMing, give up forever and stick to being a player.

Shut up, you don't know me.
>>
>Dislike DMing
>Dislike playing because I'm a better DM

How should I kill myself?
>>
>>54634502
Heavy armor, possible shield, possible Defense fighting style, and most importantly the Shield spell on top of it all. You can have up to 21 AC (26 when casting shield) with no magic items whatsoever. Oh and Absorb Elements will save your life when you go fighting dragons or similar shit.

>>54634513
As the other anon said, dual wielding shortswords or daggers give you a second chance to land your sneak attack if you fail at first, and if you're engaged with two enemies, you can attack both and walk away unharmed. If your tanks are already in melee with the enemies, you shouldn't even need to dash to get away. 15ft in, 15ft out, they can't come after you without your melees attacking them.
>>
>>54634840
I sentence you to proofreading my homebrew. It's pretty much terminal anyways.
>>
>>54634866
No thanks, I'd rather be on fire.
>>
>>54634890
Most people would. It is not easy to find anyone to do it.
>>
>>54634840
Have you considered that you might not enjoy this hobby?
>>
>>54634577
>>54634561
Is Death House something that can reasonably be done in a 4-ish hour session?
>>
Is there a better item in the DMG than the Staff of Power? I don't think there is.
>>
File: 1386982523870.jpg (65KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1386982523870.jpg
65KB, 400x489px
>>54633965
do i need to use a cute anime girl to get ppl to give input?

im talking about a drug that the bbg gives his lieutenants, and a weak one they give their soldiers
>>
>>54635048
Who is maglubiyat?
>>
>>54635060

Think he's one of the goblinoid gods, maybe hobgoblins?
>>
>>54635060
He is the god of all goblinoids, he didn't create them though, he conquered their creator gods
>>
>>54635100

Oh, in that case, blood of sargaras goblins.
>>
File: 1498104817703.jpg (46KB, 564x853px) Image search: [Google]
1498104817703.jpg
46KB, 564x853px
>>54634989
Universal Solvent. The only counter to sovereigns glue. It's a must have in case the BBEG sets up human fly traps.
>>
>>54633965
I mean, who would usually drink? Hobgoblin warlords and leaders, right? So probably something that gives them immense power and military might. Or you could use the DMG's Bloodlust rule from Acheron.
>Acheron rewards a creature for harming other creatures by imbuing that creature with the strength to keep fighting. While on Acheron, a creature gains temporary hit points equal to half its hit point maximum whenever it reduces a hostile creature to 0 hit points.
>>
>>54633313
not the full thing
ends right after the Beholder
>>
>>54634533
This is true for some cases. It took me a long time to find a party I enjoyed playing with and even still it can be tiresome at times. But that's the nature of a game involving creativity with humans.

It's like being in a band, really. Everyone has a general idea of the direction they want things to take but everyones also got their own vision in their mind.

Even the greatest bands break up someday.
>>
This is how you make a fighter right?
>>
>>54632834
>>54633106
forcing people to make shitty choices just makes them feel like they were forced to make a shitty choice. it's not going to do anything except piss them off - doubly so if you're not doing it to anyone else around the table.

people don't pick paladin because they want the game to constantly pester them for it.
>>
File: dand_09_001.jpg (756KB, 1280x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dand_09_001.jpg
756KB, 1280x2000px
Uploaded the IDW D&D comic for those still interested, sorry it took so long.

https://mega.nz/#F!UPIHkKSC!WXNoiDM6iYP_HWFPFgYM3A
>>
>>54631761

It and its expansion were in my FLGS.
>>
>>54635121

literally who?
>>
>>54635183
Please stop, you're just annoying every one. It's not funny and no one cares.
>>
>>54635121
Are you Virt? The Next Virt? Virt2.0? cVre?
>>
>>54635270
I'm just a faggot who loves roleplaying cat girls on my D&D games
>>
>>54635296
Tell us about your D&D games. I'd like to hear how they go. This is a D&D thread. owo
>>
>>54635148
Str/Dex>Con>Cha/Wis>Int
>>
>>54635175
Eey thanks! Bless you anon.

>>54635148
lolwut is going on there? Is that a fighter with magic initiate and shillelagh?
>>
File: pK48dR5.gif (2MB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
pK48dR5.gif
2MB, 400x271px
Is mult-class OP? I asked my dm if we could but he refused. He said its game breaking is this true?
>>
Look, I'm having a lot of personal issues irl right now and shits really isn't going very well. If you could please just leave me alone that would be awesome. I didn't do anything to deserve this and I only made homebrew to give away for free and help people have fun. If you really hate me that much then keep on insulting me, I won't be coming back here again.
>>
>>54635377
Multi-classing is optimal. Especially if you multi-class unearthed arcanas.
>>
Dude who was asking for advice w/ EK earlier in thread.
Rolled stats for the character because I love fucking myself in the mouth.
Two options present themselves to me:
Variant Human
>16 Str
>14 Con
>14 Dex
>14 Int
>12 Wis
>9 Cha
Skill: Arcana
Feat: Warcaster

Mountain Dwarf
>16 Str
>16 Con
>13 Dex
>14 Int
>12 Wis
>9 Cha

Both seem good to me, and I still don't have a 100% clear personality/background in mind. Is one of these a lot better than the other, or are there any better options?
>>
So I'm messing around with a level 10ish character and trying to make him like Big Boss. I want to grapple and prone things as much as possible (CQC) and have a lot of combat options. So far I have come up with Battle master 6/ Open hand 3/ Rouge 1. I have expertise in athletics and stealth, maneuvers are trip attack, riposte, and menacing attack, and I use one handed weapons. This seem like big boss enough?
>>
>>54635394
I'll catch you next time, Virtpon the 2nd!
>>
>>54635377
no
>>
>>54635432
Just make sure you have the stats required for multiclassing those.
>>
File: 123123aaaaaazzx.png (194KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
123123aaaaaazzx.png
194KB, 480x455px
>>54635352

Ding ding ding
>>
>>54635426
The mountain dwarf racial ability just feels like a waste to me. Also if you plan on using a shield and your DM actually cares to enforce requiring a free hand for somatic and material components getting warcaster sooner than later would be good
>>
I really enjoyed the Invoker class back in 4th edition; how would you replicate it in 4e? Take the Theurge Wizard Tradition and convert over the various "divine blaster" spells from 4e?
>>
>>54635175
You are da man. Or woman, or whatever.
I mean, thank you.

>>54635518
Favored Soul sorcerer is almost certainly the closest match in 5e right now. Or just play a cleric and focus on shooting things.
>>
>>54635495
>The mountain dwarf racial ability just feels like a waste to me

+2 str and +2 con is incredibly strong.
>>
>>54635639
I think he's talking about the Light and Medium armor proficiencies
>>
File: warlock1.png (719KB, 1207x543px) Image search: [Google]
warlock1.png
719KB, 1207x543px
So the whole "warlocks should only hex+eldritchblast+agonizingblast" is just a meme, right? You guys don't actually believe that it's the only way to play a warlock do you? Has anyone else here played a ArmorOfAgathys+BladeWard+HellishRebuke retribution warlock? Has anyone else here thought to use the Misty Visions invocation for battlefield control in combat?
>>
>>54635639
Not really compared to a human. If you pick one of the so-so feats and get +2/+1 you're still better off than +2/+2. Darkvision probably makes a bigger difference long run than the ability score bonus
>>
>>54635745
Hellish Rebuke is a terrible choice until high levels because it's not enough bang for your buck as far as spell slots. Blade Ward is just bad as a combat spell in general.
I know it seems shitty that warlocks (in battle) need to spam Eldritch Blast, but if you don't try to make them into a wizard you realize that it's really no worse than being a barbarian and using basic weapon attacks. I don't remember a martial complaining he has to use his weapon to attack, and warlocks shouldn't either.
The warlock's versatility is focused outside of combat. Nothing wrong with that - people just need to accept what the class is about instead of trying to force it to be something that it's not.

I'm EXTREMELY curious to learn how you think you could possibly have 70 temporary hit points when a warlock can literally never get more than 25 out of Armor of Agathys.
>>
>>54634970
Depends on your group. But possibly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/49bvms/notes_from_running_death_house/
>>
File: Bardryn Lanenval.pdf (479KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Bardryn Lanenval.pdf
479KB, 1x1px
/5eg/ let's build a backstory for this Gnome Mystic.
>>
About to DM for the first time on Saturday. Running Storm King's Thunder. Going to start everyone at Chapter 2, so Level 5. I only have 3 players. Any advice? Anything I should know going in?
>>
Let's say a dragonborn chooses the color red, them takes red dragon Sorcerer. Would it be fair to just give them immunity to fire damage? Or do they have to branch out and be polychromatic if they want that extra resistance?
>>
>>54627478
We're missing a decent official arcane gish. None of the options fit the bill well.
Fortunately, the DMG magus is a thing.

A decent full casting single classed witch analog wouldn't hurt either. (healing, curses, minor necromancy, polymorph effects, coven mechanics) (currently you'd have to like, multiclass bard and druid and wizard, or something similarly goofy, do a lot of refluffing, and your spellcasting would be kindof shite.)

We're also missing the wildshaping barbarians, spellfire wielders, guild wizards, and many, many domains, add to that many of the more minor class variants, like Halruaan magic-dead jordaini monks.

We're also lacking a decent subsystem for high magic (multiple caster slow cast time ritual magic).

Some of these things are covered by fcotr or fra1/fra2, so at least there's that, even if wotc hasn't covered them.

And that's not even considering the missing character archetypes from outside forgotten realms.
>>
>>54636122
By the rules, no.

However, as DM, I would consider giving fire immunity, assuming the player is specific in their concept and presentation of the character.
>>
>>54636124
>We're missing a decent official arcane gish. None of the options fit the bill well.
Are you saying that Eldritch Knight, Bladesinger, Bladelock/Hexbladelock, and Stone Sorcerer all don't work for what you want?
>>
>>54636124
The fuck is a spellfire wizard?
>>
>>54636222
There are approximately 15 billion gishes in 5e. No matter how many more are added some people will never be satisfied.
>>
>>54636124
>DMG magus
What is that?

>Witch - healing, curses, minor necromancy, polymorph
You can literally get all of that by being a wizard with 1 level in bard/cleric/druid for Cure Wounds and selecting your wizard spells carefully to fit your theme. Doing "a lot of refluffing" is exactly the expectation in this edition - most character options are intentionally vague fluff-wise.

>Wildshaping barbarian
Fair enough, but it would be very easy to homebrew an archetype
>Most other things in that list
Can already be accomplished with sufficient refluff.

>Multiple caster slow cast time ritual magic
Would actually be pretty cool, but it's not like other editions ever had that in the base rules. It's just not really a priority for the kinds of games most people run with D&D.
If you want this sort of option, I urge you to think about what it might look like. Even if you're not much of a homebrewer, you can probably spark a discussion that would get shit done. Some homebrewers get bored and look for things to do sometime.
>>
>>54635745
Considering what you're describing can basically only be done once per short rest using most if not all of your spells and caps at like 50ish damage on average at 9th level (never mind how mediocre using an action for blade ward is) I would say what you're describing is better as a "plan B" with "plan A" being to just hit more shit with eldritch blast doing slightly higher damage from hex while pushing shit away
>>
>>54634069
If you try to attack in melee you're so slow you don't do anything
If you try to attack at range you get twice as many attacks for being super fast
if you cast a spell literally everybody interrupts you

There, done
>>
>>54636124
>>54635745
I wish that people who complain about shit would actually respond to those that engage them
Otherwise it's just whiny shitposting
>>
>>54634279
>>54634452
On the one hand they players are obviously making this harder on themselves by building it themselves. On the other hand, I could see this being a really fun RP quest where they go around, gathering wood and workers, planning out the layout of the ship, and possibly having to do other mini-quests around town go get the necessary funds to build their own custom ship. I could see this as really rewarding experience for them, if they are into that sort of thing that is.
>>
>>54636222
Yes. Those are not sufficient. I want a solid duskblade/spellblade/magus. None of the things you listed are a good fit. The magus class is a great fit for what I want. Just not official, which is what the other guy asked about.

>>54636225
A spellfire adept wields raw magic without the use of the weave. Realms thing. There's rules for them in forgotten realms archetypes 2 that I use, but again, unofficial.

>>54636261
>witch
Hmm. I guess that would sortof fit the bill. Wizard is a little lackluster on the curses and debuffs, which I see as the majority of what a witch does.

>high magic
Oh, no they weren't in the base rules, but it has been a thing in past editions.

>talk to homebrewers about it.

Yeah, maybe I will.

I might find something already brewed with some digging.

Just saying these things aren't currently covered by official options.

Guild wizard (casts spells prepared/shared by other wizards in your guild) - there's a subclass for it in fra2, just nothing official. I'm not sure i would have made it a subclass though. I think I would have made or found a faction membership and benefit subsystem and had a magic item for spell exchanging as a guild rank perk.

IIRC there's a Jordaini monk subclass floating around, too. But nothing official. I dunno how you can refluff being resistant to all magic (including beneficial magic) and unable to activate magic items. Either you have a class build that can handle it, or you don't. And looking at 5e, I can't see that being filled without homebrew.

There's a bunch of stuff that still isn't covered very well or at all, if you only use official material. And that's assuming you do refluff stuff.

I mean, that's fine. I'll use homebrew to fill the gaps if necessary. At this point I have quite a bit of homebrewing allow, in order to fill gaps wotc has left.

I like the core system, but i would not run the game using only wotc content at this point,unless they started filling in these gaps better.
>>
>>54636508
>I want a solid duskblade/spellblade/magus. None of the things you listed are a good fit.
What exactly do you want that none of the current options can give you? You haven't given a single detail yet of what you actually want
>>
>>54636556
They never do. Every few weeks/months the autists enter 5eg demanding
>muh gish
It eventually rotates out wit
>muh bladelock
and
>muh homebrew
>>
>>54636225
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Spellfire

>>54636384
Takes time to post from a phone.

Wasn't even complaining. Dude asked if there were any options that you would want that are not met by wotc right now, and the answer was "yes, lots of stuff". Most of which I'm meeting with carefully selected stuff from dms guild or other homebrew and get on just fine.

But I still wouldnt be satisfied Dming with only wotc options because of the missing content.
>>
>>54636625
>and the answer was "yes, lots of stuff"
Yet still no details
>>
>>54636556
It was one example in a long list, but sure:

>Paladin spell progression
>armor and casting.
>bonus action attacks on spell casting.
>magic effects through your weapon (including a bow).
>a spell list that includes a lot of wizard-like utility.

Some of the other options aren't absolutely awful, but the dmg's magus just fits the bill more nicely.
>>
>>54635175
This comic is fantastic.
>>
>>54636640
Again, get the stick out of your ass. Takes time to type on a phone.

Anyways.

I answered the question. I have to be up for work in 5 hours so I'm off to bed.

I frankly don't give a shit if wotc fills the gaps or not. If they don't, someone else will, and unlike most of 5eg, I don't care who writes the options I include in my campaigns as long as the options want for the setting are there.
>>
>>54636710
>the dmg's magus
You've said this a few times now but no one knows what the fuck you're talking about. I even ctrl-f'd "magus" in the DMG and got nothing. Are you sure you're in the right thread?
>>
>>54636710
So aside from the bow thing you just want an eldritch knight/wizard multiclass
>>
>>54636735
>I frankly don't give a shit if wotc fills the gaps or not
If only you'd actually tell us WHAT THE FUCK THOSE GAPS ARE you moron
>>
DMs of the thread, what are your views on alchohol at the table?
I can't fucking stand it, but my DM doesn't object to it so half the fucking players start drinking and every session ends up with maybe 2 people actually paying attention. Drives me insane.
>>
Revised Ranger.

Beast Conclave.

Your animal companion has abilities and game statistics determined in part by your level. Your companion uses your proficiency bonus rather than its own. In addition to the areas where it normally uses its proficiency bonus, an animal companion also adds its proficiency bonus to its AC and to its damage rolls.

For each level you gain after 3rd, your animal companion gains an additional hit die and increases its hit points accordingly.

This does not say "Ranger level", just "level".

Therefore, it scales with *character* level.
>>
>>54636801
Ok?
>>
>>54636770
It doesn't bother me as long as everyone is capable of holding their booze and not getting wasted like teenagers.
A little light social drinking can even make things more fun sometimes. Players are more likely to get into roleplaying with their inhibitions slightly lowered.
>>
>>54636815
This is why the revision needs to be officially published, so this shit isn't possible.
>>
>>54636735
>Again, get the stick out of your ass. Takes time to type on a phone.
I hate to tell you this, Anon, but >>54636640 and >>54636384 aren't the same person.

>>54636770
No problems, within limits. Mostly what >>54636817 said. My group is all adults and having a beer or two during a social gathering is just natural.
What I CAN'T stand is people getting high before a game. Because they never just get a little buzzed, and they never end up paying attention.
>>
File: rowpooke.png (30KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
rowpooke.png
30KB, 300x250px
>>54636801
>>
>>54636844
...Are you saying that the way it's written is bad? Doesn't it make sense for the beast companion's hp to scale with character level?
>>
>>54635745
On the subject of warlocks, can warlocks made ok frontline fighters? I was looking at hexblade, and its new Eldritch Invocation Curse Bringer, being able to dish out quite a bit of damage per short rest and having access to medium armor and even shields if need be.
>>
>>54636855
>>54636817
Fair enough, I guess my group mostly handle it so fucking poorly that I didn't consider how a bit of drinking could help some people get more into it.
Maybe I'm just assblasted over this one guy that drinks until he's not paying attention and then dicks around on his phone for the last hour or two.
>>
>>54636743
DM's Guild
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/200237/the-Magus-Class
Magus.

>inb4 muh not official
Yes I know. I said that when I brought it up.

>>54636751
I mean, at bare minimum, more or less. but the subclasses the Magus comes with are nice too. Why would I use a multiclass build for a common archetype over a purpose-built class for it?

>>54636753
I have spelled it out several times. Here, I'll repeat some of them for you again, you illiterate drunkard:

>Jordaini Monks:
>Magic-Resistant (including beneficial magic), and magic-dead(can't activate magic items) monastic martial artists who serve as advisors to the wizard nobility of Halruaa.

>A good single-classed approximation of the Pathfinder Magus

>A good single-classed witch.
Yeah, I could make a rough approximation with druid+wizard, even if it's not a great fit. I would prefer the great fit, it's a common enough archetype that it would be nice to have.

>A build for the Ruathym Barbarians who can wildshape into large grizzly bears in combat to become more dangerous under the right circumstances.

>A High magic ritual subsystem, with the long cast times and cooperating mages that come with that.

>Cleric Domains for all the Domains that are missing in 5e, such as Portal.

A lot of this stuff has been converted over as homebrew, and that fits my needs nicely. But that has no bearing on the question of "What classes or roles do you feel like are missing from the official material(all released material + UA".

They're still missing from the official stuff, even if I found alternate sources to fill the gaps.

10/10 bait though, you got me to respond to your shit (turned on the computer no less) rather than going to bed.
>>
>>54635482
What program is this?
>>
>>54636965
Fantasy Grounds.
>>
>>54636844
>>54636801
UA explicitly are not designed or balanced for multiclassing. If you multiclass with UA material, you are going against the current intent.
>>
>>54636958
You seem incredibly picky with how you build your extremely specific, niche characters. At least half of these can be made just by multiclassing. But of course you're just going to keep whining because 5e hasn't become as bloated as your beloved fucking Pathfinder. Is catgirls another gap in this system that you can't bare with?
>>
>>54636958
You've listed examples of specific characters, but not of archetypical design space, or why the existing options don't fulfill your niches, outside of specific individual mechanics. At best, i can see that you want paladins, but with a more wizard centric spell list.
>>
>>54636958
Can you please tell us what the fuck this magus is? You keep mentioning it and if it's as dope as you say I'd like to take a look.
>>
>>54636958
>Magus
>made by the same people that made the Pugilist
Ok, so they got their panties in a twist because Monks somehow couldn't fit the special snowflake characters they wank off to, so why the fuck would this Magus be any different?
>>
>>54636958
>>54637041
My mistake, I see that you posted it.

>>54637060
And I can only agree with this anon. The pugilist class has no reason to exist, much less cost money, and I doubt this one's different.
>Pay us more and we'll tell you THE NAME for archetype #3
>Being this fucking conceited
>>
>>54636753
Yeah, I know, rough draft.

Personally, if I'm not going 4oallow something multiclassed, I'm not going to allow it at all.

But there's not enough options with no UA or homebrew., so I cherry pick which homebrew, UA, and published options I will allow in a given campaign, and I allow those options to be multiclassed.
>>
>>54637155
>The pugilist class has no reason to exist
But it has a reason to exist, anon.
It exists so that people who want to play an unarmed class that isn't a monk have a shittier version of barbarogue to play because they didn't want to ask their DM to let their unarmed strikes sneak attack and can't work out how to build it and can't deal with the fact that using a weapon might sometimes be better.

So they play pugilist instead.

So it exists for whiney special snowflake players.
>>
>>54637169
>Personally, if I'm not going 4oallow something multiclassed, I'm not going to allow it at all.
Then you alter things to be class specific. They've already clarified that, if published, beast conclave would refer to ranger level. Nuclear druid is the same thing, it interacts in an odd way with a non-druid spell, yet people freak out.
>>
>>54637185
It, like most homebrew, is best utilized as a way to filter out undesirables. If your first introduction to a game includes homebrew from someone else, i know i don't want you around.
>>
>>54637188
>Nuclear druid

I wish this was real.
>>
>>54637201
But it is real. The memebuild, anyway.

A druid focused on nuclear wastes or something is a different matter.

Regrettably 'Nuclear Ghandi' had a much better ring to it back when the nuclear build used tranquility's monk late feature instead.
>>
>>54637201
Would a nuclear druid attempt to heal irradiated and mutant wildlife or would they instead understand that mutation is the new normal and foster it?
>>
>>54637218
Both. They would heal the harmful effects while conserving the good ones.
>>
>>54637218
>>54637224
Radiation inspires change and growth, who's to say what's harmful. It's a natural consequence.
>>
>>54637016
>whining
I don't get this meme.

Why does anyone think using homebrew and DMG content is "whining"?

And presumably, if he wanted to play pathfinder, he would just play pathfinder, rather than 5e with a bunch of content converted from 3.5 forgotten realms and two classes roughly from pathfinder.

>>54637027
>Paladins with more of a wizard list.
That's basically what that class he mentioned is, yes. Or maybe rangers with a trimmed wizard spell list.

But i mean, he has what he wants. That class fits what he described pretty well.

As for Jordain, they're a warrior social advisor caste. Not a single character, thousands of such characters, raised that way from birth until their 20s with their own differences.

It's more specific than "battlemaster fighter", but he's right about there not being magic resistant monks as an official subclass. So I can see why he would use a homebrew for it.
>>
>>54637241
Any level of radiation that a druid can really appreciate would probably be entirely harmful
>>
how do I make a cleric or paladin of Murlynd?
Do I take a level of gunsmith?
>>
>>54637273
Gunsmith?
>>
>Using DMG to refer to a site about homebrew rather than the official DMG
Homebrew fags really tick me off
>>
>>54637251
>DMG
OK but seriously can we not refer to DMs Guild as "DMG"? Because at least two people assumed you meant Dungeon Master's Guide. The acronym is already taken.

Also, monks gain proficiency in all saves with the option to have advantage on all saves. You can't get a lot more magic resistant than that without breaking the game.
>>
>>54637251
It's because the design intent of 5e includes not making a new class for every little concept but rather adapting more broad classes to cover a wide variety of concepts. Someone who complains that every incredibly specific pathfinder class isn't in the game, or that it's important to have a strength based martial artist class, or cites some specific ability that's completely unsuited to players in the system (like a monk that is unable to use magic items) is almost always completely missing the point.
>>
>>54637060
>couldn't fit their special snowflake character
>>54636508
>"would not run the game with only wotc material"
>"run the game"
>lists several things he includes homebrew for, mostly forgotten realms specific stuff.
He's clearly the dm, anon. He's collecting 5e conversions of old forgotten realms content.
>>
>>54637251
Frankly, i don't believe you aren't the same person, your posting style is incredibly similar, and you used "DMG" for a non Dungeon Master's Guide context too.

I'm much more open to new class archetypes, than entirely new classes, but i have yet to see a compelling reason to introduce any fully custom class to any game.
>>
>>54637313
>it's important to have a strength based martial artist class

It's called Monk. There's nothing stopping you from going for a Strength build.
>>
>>54637339
Common sense and a lack of ability points, but I'm only referring to how pointless the pugilist is.
>>
>>54634069
Either do popcorn initiative (with last->first, a la Marvel Heroic) or use EotE's slot initiative.

To expand on that second one:
In FFG's Star Wars games everybody rolls for initiative as normal with their ability scores, as you'd expect in any other game. But the twist is those are slots for your side of the conflict, and you're not locked in from start to finish. So the UA Ranger makes their initiative with advantage as per usual and likely goes first as per usual, and the fat-assed Dorf Fighting Man makes their d20 minus 1 check and gets a 1.
And anybody, even the Dorf, can use that high-rolling Initiative count. Next round, someone else can use it.
Same goes for enemies and their initiative counts, of course.

It lets you do some interesting things with encounter composition, helps mitigate how strong Dexterity can come off, and lets you dabble with more theatrical executions of things sometimes.
>>
>>54637358
Dex is too strong a stat, which, obviously, makes it a better choice for any monk, but mechanically, a strength centric monk is functional.
>>
>>54637273
If it's about using guns refluff crossbow as a gun and have divine strike apply to it which I think it already does
there, done
>>
>>54637323
>He says DMG for Dungeon Master's Guild.
I've seen that a couple times. It's always confusing. Sorta like the people who say AC for pathfinder and mean Animal Companion.
>>
>>54637313
>>54637339
The problem isn't that monk sucks if you want to use a strength build, but rather that some people seem to think there needs to be a strength-based martial artist.

Sure, yeah, it would have been nice if they had included such a thing, but if there isn't one there's no need to go out of your fucking way to make a class revolving around it. Not a whole fucking class, at least do an archetype instead. Nobody should be starting before level 3 in a game where you're throwing around shitty homebrew anyway.

You can use unarmed strikes pretty well as a barbarian and if your DM allows unarmed strikes to sneak attack you can go barbarogue and be pretty okay there. Or just refluff the shortswords as unarmed attacks.

Just because a barbarian might not always punch shit since it's not effective doesn't mean they can't sometimes punch shit. Why do martial artists always have to use their fists and not rely on weapons? If you want to be that special, choose a monk.

With all that said, if you deal with the whole weapon feats meme and buff non-feat-users while limiting feats unarmed can potentially become a bit more valuable now that GWM/PAM shittery is less powerful.

If you want to use homebrew to fix something, fix something like WOT4E instead.
>>
>>54637397
>>54637323
Is there another standardized acronym for Dungeon Master's Guild that people use ? I've only ever seen people say DMG for it, even though it's confusing because Dungeon Master's Guide.
>>
>>54637383
Strength monk is functional in the sense that it doesn't directly reduce your damage, but between AC, your wisdom based DCs, and your Con something (realistically all of them unless you "rolled your stats" and got absurdly high) it seriously weakens your character. Dex and Strength but you shouldn't pretend that a monk has any reason to actually choose strength. You could maybe get away with it with some weird meme builds that don't rely on wisdom for much and have other ways of getting AC, but that probably means only a couple monk levels anyway
>>
>>54637439
The only thing it hurts is that dex is a better save, and that dex gives AC. The rest of what you said doesn't change if you use str>dex.
>>
>>54637439
Ask your DM to let you use strength instead of dex for unarmoured defence and bam, it doesn't seriously weaken you, only slightly weaken you (but grappling ability is kinda nice on a monk).
>>
>>54637432
>fix elements monk
Have you seen this?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdYIcfHauwNDM2My1XeWFYSDA/view
>>
>>54637439
Just dip a level in cleric, pick up the War domain, and wear heavy armor. All you really lose out on is Unarmored Movement, which isn't important.
>>
>>54637433
DMGuild
>>
File: 1234225428508.jpg (35KB, 472x297px) Image search: [Google]
1234225428508.jpg
35KB, 472x297px
>>54634436

>tell the players they can pick literally anything from any published book and UA
>Pureblood Yuan-ti School of Whispers Bard
>Hobgoblin Loremaster Wizard
>Minotaur Treachery Paladin
>Completely ordinary Dwarf Druid

Well, 3/4 isn't bad.
>>
>>54637472
Why cleric 1 instead of fighter 1? For the spell casting?
>>
>>54637470
That's the better iteration of that fix, yes.
I feel it's not quite perfect and it hasn't been updated for a long time but it's certainly not all that bad.
I'm actually using it right now.
>>
File: ardent.jpg (74KB, 275x500px) Image search: [Google]
ardent.jpg
74KB, 275x500px
Give me three disciplines for my fighter 6 going awakened mystic.

Thinking of going for Precognition, Intellect fortress, but not sure of what to do with the non-order one. Brute force or Psionic weapon?
>>
>>54637477
>>54637433
I also see DMsG occasionally, but mostly just DMGuild.
>>
>>54637484
Heavy armor proficiency.
>>
So one of my Pcs is obsessed with the idea of finding Cthulhu and killing it, how would I go about doing this? in 3.5 wasn't there a rule or something where if you looked at him you died? Should I just vaporise them instantly?
>>
File: Become_8d8cca_6327126.jpg (49KB, 640x615px) Image search: [Google]
Become_8d8cca_6327126.jpg
49KB, 640x615px
>>54637483
Why the holy fuck have you allowed this?
Do you love munchkins that much?

This is bait, isn't it?

>Yuan-ti, the most overpowered race
>Bard, considered one of the most powerful classes
>Loremaster, considered broken
>Wizard, considered one of the most powerful classes
>Paladin, considered one of the most powerful classes
>Treachery, considered 'basically vengeance but better'
>Druid, considered one of the most powerful classes
>Especially if it's a moon druid
>>
>>54637521
>killing Cthulhi
I hope you're not actually considering this
>>
>>54637536
Obviously not, but I want them to at least have some closure when I TPK them, looking for some ideas
>>
>>54637529
>Yuan-ti, the most overpowered race

wut
>>
>>54637521
Is it already established that Cthulhu's a thing in your setting?
And is the PC fixated on it, or the player?
>>
>>54637529
You know, if you list 4 classes as "one of the most powerful classes," that really weakens your argument.
At worst, it's a tier-1 game instead of a tier-2 game. Not that terrible, especially since 5e tier-1 is more like 3.pf tier-2 anyway.

>>54637521
Either just don't allow it, or make it possible. Don't tell him "yes" and then vaporize him, that's unfun bullshit.
>>
>>54637483
Those kinds of parties were one of the biggest reason I stopped playing 3.5
>>
>>54637521
>the idea of finding Cthulhu and killing it
U w0t m8
>>
>>54637545
They have permanent advantage on all saving throws against all magic
>>
>>54637567
For DnD purposes I don't really see it any more impractical than killing any god. Which is to say it's very impractical, but the sort of shit that happens at amateur hour far too often to say it isn't doable
>>
>>54637515
>Proficiencies
>You are proficient with the following items, in addition to any proficiencies provided by your race or background.
>Armor:light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, shields

Fighter gets heavy armor.
>>
>>54637486
Mystics can't technically multiclass, even if you ignore that no UA is built for it, they don't have the stat requirement. Assuming your DM ignores that though,

Giant Growth is pretty good.
Iron Durability is really nice for a front liner
Mastery of Light and Darkness lets you build your own devil's sight/darkness combo.
Precognition lets you bless/guidance yourself, and advantage on initiative is never bad.
Psionic Weapon lets you hit on a dex save, instead of attack roll, plus gives you nova potential.
Nomadic Mind makes you super versatile.
>>
>>54637589
I could have sworn there was another race that had the same feature.

>>54637600
Read the rules on multiclassing.
>>
>>54637606
>I could have sworn there was another race that had the same feature.
Gnomes get half of it, but don't benefit against most of the nuke spells. Int/Wis/Cha saves only.
>>
>>54637606
I think gnomes have a weaker version of it, but I don't really remember specifically how it works because nobody wants to be a god damn gnome
>>
>>54637593
>that happens at amateur hour far too often
Name at least 10 instances.
>>
>>54637616
It's only Int/Wis/Cha saves
>>
>>54637606
Is it for the monk's saves?

Why not just have stats for monk, level 1 fighter, monk the rest of the way up?
>>
>>54637618
I'm not going to recount every early game of DnD I've played bro.
>>
>>54637545
>+2 charisma (Yeah, overall, their ASIs are shit like tieflings but charisma still applies to a lot of classes)
>Poison immunity (Fuck you, dwarfs)
>Advantage on ALL magic saves (Fuck you, gnomes)
>Tiefling levels of racial spellcasting (Fuck you, tieflings)
Honestly, yeah, it's poison immunity+magic resistance.
Resistance against con and dex save spells AS WELL AS wisdom save spells compared to gnomes seems too much and outright poison immunity seems a bit much too. The rest is pretty much fine.

>>54637558
>that really weakens your argument.
No, it's the point: The players have collected together the most powerful classes they can find (And generally you want a variety of classes rather than lots of the same class)
Do you want to know what the four most powerful classes are?
Guess.
>Druid
>Bard
>Wizard
>Paladin
Maybe consider Cleric as a 5th.
Of course, some disagree and might say 'actually cleric is higher!' or 'what about mystic?' but the above most will be able to vaguely agree on.
>>
I've been turning over the downsides and rough spots of the Monk, and I think you could pretty much 'fix' it (outside of needing to add a couple gravy features for Wot4e) by giving them an extra ASI at level 6 or 10.
>>
>>54637555
The entire party is dead set on it. I don't think it makes sense because he's supposed to be unimaginably powerfull right?
>>
>>54637529

Nah man, no bait. I've been DMing off and on for 15 years, but I haven't touched 5e since before the DMG came out. I kept hearing everything was overpowered, so I wanted an open game that let me see for myself.

So far we went from level 3 to 5, the only OP thing so far is the druid (temp HP for days) and the paladin (high health high ac high damage high burst high healing). Yuan-Ti being immune to poison is meh, and yeah, magic save advantage is great and all, but as a DM I control what monsters he faces. If resistance to spells is that broken, I'll just double the number of spellcasters.

>>54637562
Yeah, that was a 3.5 problem. It helped a bit if you had true munchkins who realized anything with a level adjustment was terrible.

This particular campaign is set to be after the fall of larger civilization, and the old racial hatreds are gone. Gnolls, kobolds, orcs, dwarves, humans, etc all intermingling. I've made a custom pantheon (the Vulture, the Shrike, the Owl) and most people are discriminatory over religion over rather than race.
>>
>>54637688
How bad is the monk really? It doesn't have a great weapon fighting sort of feat that dramatically improves damage or whatever, but stunning fist is also kind of amazing. I think they could really use a good feat to benefit from (I mean mobile is okay, but being able to run a lot doesn't really contribute too much to a group)
>>
>>54637645
Then it isn't doable, unless you represent a god as 10 level fighter.
>>
>>54637692
>because he's supposed to be unimaginably powerfull
Not necessarily. He'll drive you fucking insane, but he was killed/re-coma'd when he bonked his head on a boat as he woke up.
I'm not the biggest Lovecraft buff, but there are certainly more powerful alien things and ones that actively want to fuck with humanity. Meanwhile Cthulhu's old enough to paradoxically outlive his own death, so I don't know if he'd give much attention to humanity (though if he ever fully came to we might just all die from the psychic shock regardless).

If you want something big and impressive that you probably can't "truly" kill within the scope of a normal campaign, check out the Tarrasque. That's basically what it's always been used for.
>>
I'm in a group where minor pvp is encouraged, wrestling for loot, hiding loot with illusions then stealing it for yourself, you name it.

how do I come out on top in this madness
>>
>>54637729
That's why I used scare quotes on the word fix. It's usually seen as behind the curve on how effective it can be, but in a way that I feel one extra ASI would help without having to reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>54637729
Monk is a class heavy on scaling in the edition meant to end at 10th level.
>>
>>54637810
By good feat to benefit from I mostly mean they don't really have any that actually help them do monk things better. I'm kind of optimistic about the idea of weapon feats, but there's so many ways that could go wrong
>>
>>54637781
It's not that they want something big to kill, it's that they want to kill it, I think one of them just started to read the books and though it was a good idea.

But i think the whole point of Cthulhu is that he's supposed to be beyond human comprehension right? like even to look at him drives the beholder insane. At least that's what I got from the books.

I don't want to just say no you can't do it is the thing, but it wouldn't makes sense for them to beat it
>>
>>54637729

It can be good damage if you get 20 Dex ASAP, so you can apply your dex mod to damage 3 times a turn early levels. Ki powers are generally worse than the rogue's cunning action and sneak attack (you get sneak attacks and dash/disengage for free, but have to pay for Ki for the same shit). Adding Dex and Wis to AC isn't much better than plate armor, which you can eventually get magic items to ignore any disadvantages to them.

You get four attacks a turn at level 5 plus Flurry, but it eats your bonus action every turn. You don't get fighting styles and you don't get Crossbow Expert+Sharpshooter or Greatweapon Master+Polearm Master like the fighter does.

Stunning blow is great, totally. The rest of the class is just boring, and it's really only weak when compared to the other power classes. It is reasonably durable, deals damage, and has some situationally useful abilities. You shouldn't feel far behind rogues, rangers, non-gwm+pm fighters, and warlocks.
>>
>>54637953
He get's beaten a lot. Also looking at him isn't what drives you mad it is the fact that you know he'll be back and fighting him is pointless.
>>
>>54638007
>get's
>>
>>54638007
>He gets beaten a lot
How? Who by? and in 3.5 you had to make a cons save when you looked at him to not die.
>>
>>54638019
it is 3AM. ;_;
>>
>>54637483
Sounds fun!
>>
>>54638040
>How
Driving a boat into him is usually enough
>>
>>54638118
Also a nuke and dynamite.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (141KB, 442x412px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
141KB, 442x412px
Just ran my DM'd my first session today. Even though it was only session zeroes I'm pretty proud of the way it went down. All the players seemed pretty happy afterwards and it left some important plot threads open for when the campaign actually starts.
>>
>>54638339
Good job and good luck
>>
File: Troll 1.jpg (506KB, 1600x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Troll 1.jpg
506KB, 1600x1035px
>>54638339
Best of luck, anon.
>>
Anons? If you're playing a Githyanki in a 5e Planar campaign, what class would best fit to the traditional Gish social class? Eldritch Knight, Bladesinger, Soulknife or a multiclassing?

I'm kind of leaning towards multiclassed Fighter (EK)/Wizard (Bs), simply because that should give it the fullest mixture of martial & magical might that the multiclassed fighter/mage had in AD&D.
>>
>>54635482
You're an inhuman monster.
>>
Hi /tg/ I'm trying to think up how a sort of Shrine Maiden character could mechanically work. I presume the character could be a cross of monk/cleric, which looks like it could work since both monk and cleric work off strong wisdom scores.

What do you think? Could this be possible? Perhaps a majority monk who uses the lesser cleric spells to buff themselves and allies before fighting, or perhaps a majority cleric who has some utility monk stuff?
>>
Does the creature from 'Find Steed' remain even once it's master has gone unconscious?
>>
>>54637729
Monk is a pretty good class as are all of the 5e classes if you're not fucking autistic and only think in terms of numbers.
>>
>>54638727
>>54638727
>>54638727
New thread
>>
>>54638687
Yeup. The duration is instantaneous, no concentration. If you read the spell it is there until is dies or is dismissed, in which case it vanishes.
Know your spells!
>>
>>54635518
Light domain cleric?
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.