[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 17

File: WODG.jpg (99KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
WODG.jpg
99KB, 561x624px
Previous thread: >>54526201
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/yarr-there-be-a-pirates-dark-era/
>Question:
How long till we get bingo?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY
>>
>>54539041
SECOND FOR DEFENDING MAGE'S POOR GAME DESIGN
>>
>>54539083
CUSTARD FOR PEOPLE THAT LIKE CUSTARD
>>
>>54539000
Nice digits.
>>
>>54539118
faggot
>>
>>54539124
Double faggot.
>>
>>54539156
triple faggot.

yes homo. ;-)
>>
>>54539227
Pleas stahp, you'r scaring the children!
>>
It was mentioned in Awakening 2e that the Watchtowers have a bias towards certain individuals.

Can one determine a 'soon to be' Mage's Path based on their character / personality ?
>>
>>54539319
Everybody and their grandmother in awakened society has a theory or fool proof technique to determine when someone will awaken. Bollocks.

While it's true a certain type of person awakens more often compared to a layman awakenings themselves are effectively random.
>>
>>54539319

Generally speaking, you can probably reasonably guess. An Obrimos will usually be convinced of some pattern or order in the universe; a Thyrsus will typically become withdrawn from human contact; a Mastigos will get deeper into their personal psychoses and/or depravities, etc.
>>
File: NancyDrewMissingFck.jpg (90KB, 958x960px) Image search: [Google]
NancyDrewMissingFck.jpg
90KB, 958x960px
>>54539319
It's a mystery of the setting. there no conclusive evidence. but you can see a few commonalities. but thats more from HEY I can DO THIS. rather than a personality A B block
>>
>>54539397

Just to clarify, I am saying that you can probably guess the Path of someone who has omens of "This dude might Awaken" circling around their head.
>>
Someone in the last thread raised the point of what the Pentacle average Wisdom might be.

Well, I took a quick look into Boston Unveiled (probably the most representative assortment of an entire Consilium available to us right now) and pulled the average.

I got the following numbers for Wisdom/Mages:

8: 3
7: 18
6: 11
5: 11
4: 4
3: 1
2: 1

Which gives us an average Wisdom of 5.96. Higher than expected. What was also unexpected is that there was little correlation between high Gnosis and low Wisdom (but note that the Gnosis of NPCs in Boston Unveiled is generally pretty low and probably not up-to-date with 2e fluff anymore, especially Masters who in 2e would have to have at least Gnosis 5)
>>
>>54539319
What was said in previous posts. Also, SoS will apparently have an entire chapter dealing with Awakening. Check Dave's preview.
>>
File: 1496613960668.png (428KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496613960668.png
428KB, 639x480px
>>54539041
>A game that penalizes you for doing mage things has supremacy over anything
Pure shit game design. Anon you can't shoot that fireball because lol paradox
>>
>>54539422
From Dave's preview, you can apparenty see and interact with the Mage's Awakening if you are on the correct Path, so at least during the process of Awakening you already know.
>>
>>54539464

Silly Anon, Signs of Sorcery is vaporware.
>>
>>54539483
That doesn't happen in Awakening 2e. Now it's only doing it in front of a Sleeper like a moron or spending Reach you don't have. And even if you did Paradox, you can still pull off the spell.
>>
So is the Book of Secrets shit?

Does anyone have a link to a pirated copy?
>>
>>54539457
Including "bad mages" adds the following:

7: 1
6: 3
5: 2
4: 1
3: 1
2: 2
(Average Wisdom here 4.6)

This totals to an average Wisdom of: 5.7

The "bad mages" are just too few (at least those named in the book) to meaningfully impact the average.
>>
>>54539000
Would DaveB count as a Namefag?
>>
>>54539623
How dare you even suggest that
>>
>>54539457

A typical Wisdom range of 7-4 is fairly normal. Mages are self-indulgent, obsessive wankers, but their existence is dependent on discretion. It behooves them to be careful and not just fling spells around willy-nilly.

It is possible to be a truly right bastard and still have decent or even high Wisdom.

>>54539511

Well, by that point, they're already in the process, yeah.

It must be kind of heartbreaking to be a Mage who is witnessing another's Awakening like that; to see the Supernal so raw, unfiltered, and beautiful, and know it won't last.
>>
>>54539457
>>54539596
Mode median still looks like 5,6

With the lens of 2ed. I can see a lot of good guy mages falling down to 4,5. Simple because the weight of wisdom has a different focus. Wisdom is now how much and why do you use magic.

I can see a lot of nice guys throwing out spells in good faith, but because they're being sloppy it keeps dinging them. Using magic unnecessarily. Like mending a sleeper's leg in a non threatening situation.

The sleeper is fine and help is not far off. the mending is unnecessary but still a morally good act.
>>
I thought in 2e wisdom wasn't the same as a morality stat? Like you could be a really reckless low wisdom mage but not necessarily a bad person e.g. Dresden or harry potter.
>>
>>54539709

Remember, Dave uses Harry Dresden as an example of a well-meaning, but definitely low-Wisdom mage.
>>
>>54539776
>Harry Dresden
He's emotional. He fire bombed a mansion after falling into a huge trap. defiantly reactionary. He's gotten better but he keeps finding himself in bad deals. Fucking fae
>>
>>54539858
A huge obvious trap. Dresden is kind of an idiot at times. If it wasn't for his raw talent he'd of been dead by like the third book.
>>
File: 1501095728144.jpg (107KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501095728144.jpg
107KB, 561x624px
>>
Wouldn't Dresden be a Libertine? Even though he fights a lot, his philosophies are more Free Council. He believes in magic coming from humanity, he clashes with the more traditional wizard society he's barely a part of, etc.
>>
>>54540572
I asked for the Book of Secrets, so you can circle that one as well.
>>
>>54540651
You don't really want it. The whole section on trinary computers made me cry inside its so stupid. If Brucato knew what a computer was he would have just retconned trinary into portable quantum computers, not some shit tier 5 bit system.
>>
>>54540706
I know it's shit, I just want to read it so I can properly tell people not to read it.
>>
>>54540578
nah. not really. He believes magic comes from within. Libertines believe in the same but take it a step further and saying human culture can produce magic. He's an Arrow. He's constantly looking for causes to fight for. Or he's constantly finding myself in conflict. He's a product of a baptism of fire.

He's the mythical prodigal knight protecting his lands from the threats from his own world.

Attaching Libertine to anti tradition is not the end all be all of their beliefs.
>>
>>54540734
Plus his curse wipes out tech so yeah RIP your computers
>>
>>54540706
That's a concept that's been with the game from the beginning.

And Trinaries ARE quantum computers.
>>
>>54539531
>So is the Book of Secrets shit?

Yes

>Does anyone have a link to a pirated copy?

No, but it should be in the pastebin.
>>
>>54540578

None, he shouldn't be a mage as he isn't obsessive. He doesn't look around for trouble but trouble knocks on his door and gets solved whether the problem wants it or not.

However i have been told that playing that way is wrong and people who dont go looking for shit dont awaken.
>>
>>54541257
>Trinaries
were just binary +1. That was the end all be all of the concept. A whole extra stat to check. with merely two stat locked computing its fucking amazing idea. So much more computing possibility.

quantum stat checks is trying to touch and check the position of a random electron paths. This is a higher level concept. It's all scifi theory
>>
>>54540734
>Or he's constantly finding myself in conflict.
>myself
Harry is that you?
>>
>>54541257
No they aren't. That's how bad book of secrets is. They made 'trinary' a slang term for a 5 state operational system. Quantum computers are their own separate thing addressed in the book. Even though, trinary as described in older texts, is literally modern day quantum computers. It really just speaks volumes of the tech illiteracy possessed by Brcucato and/or his unpaid writers that worked for no money.
>>
>>54541350
>However i have been told that playing that way is wrong and people who dont go looking for shit dont awaken.
Whoever told you that is stupid as the books go to great pains to explain Awakenings as being a mysterious phenomenon with no guarantees. Mages go looking for shit AFTER they Awaken because they're literally super aware of supernatural shit to the point that they can't block it out and because pursuing Mysteries is the way to power. However a Mage who just wants to ignore all of that is a valid character, and could even be an interesting one because events will undoubtedly conspire to drag him in anyway.
>>
>>54541476
Fucking shit0 I was checking Paranet and got distracted0 was going to keep a low profile9 but i flicked a spellchecking cantrip9 but now it-s all screwed up0 i hate copmuters
>>
>>54541577
But Dave said it. It must be true! If you are not obsessive and Awaken you must be a Banisher!
>>
>>54541642
>If you are not obsessive and Awaken you must be a Banisher!
That is a lie! Banishers do not exist in my reality!
>>
>>54541577
I can get that idea. The supernatural is like a buzzing sound, you're constantly try to ignore. Denying your want to rip out the fuse box to figure out which signal will deliver pizza to the house. and you keep falling into mysteries because all your friends are diving head first, or are weird other things.
>>
>>54541577
>Whoever told you that is stupid

>Someone said DaveB is stupid.

I love you anon.
>>
>>54541752
To be fair, he did drink plenty of his own kool-aid, but I think that is the lot of the ascended fanboy.
>>
Has anyone created an alternate background for mummies or systems? I like mummy but the current system kind of shits on mummies for having their own agency.
>>
>>54542609
I think that is simple enough. Just remove the Judges and say that their cycle of death is simple part of their nature. No boss deities necessary.

Of course then you also leave very little for the mummy to do, so you have to find something to pluck that hole with.
>>
>>54542609
I've never played mummy how intrusive are the judges in an average game?
>>
So the TV show Midnight, Texas wasn't bad. All you cross-splat fuckers should go watch it.
>>
All I would like to say is that /wodg/ threads are always 100% terrible.

Let me explain.

I go into them with such high hopes for quality discussion of a tabletop game that I love to death, and all you people ruin it with your shitposting and pointless infighting. Why do you play the game if you hate it so much?

I want you all to take a minute to reflect on your discussions here. On your deathbed, all alone with your thoughts, is this all you want to be remembered for? Shitposting on a Zimbabwean Underground Crocheting Forum? Or do you want to aspire to something greater?
>>
>>54543699
quick, someone fill that field in the bingo
>>
File: bingo.jpg (110KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
110KB, 561x624px
>>54543751
>>
>>54543699
If I can be remembered for shitposting that actually sounds pretty good, I'll take it.
>>
>>54543845
technically its complaining about thread as well. Maybe we need to move something around on the bingo board?
>>
>>54543699
>is this all you want to be remembered for?
>remembered for?
>remembered
>Anonymous image board
at least I know you personally are retarded, even if I'll never know your name.
>>
What splats can directly fight mages, mummies and demons?

surely werewolves and sin eaters?
>>
>>54543914
Complaining about the thread is saying this thread is worse than usual, not talking about /wodg/ as a whole. But they probably shouldn't be in the same line.
>>
>>54544019
the Plain
>>
>>54543699
I don't know anon, even if this was all I was doing with my life (it's not), shitposting is pretty benign in the grand scheme of things. Wow, I'm arguing with strangers on the internet and we're all calling each other names. How awful.
>>
>>54543922
RIP Poster No.54543699

He truly was a retard. But them digits though.
>>
>>54544044
What's the Plain?
>>
>>54544136
The most powerful splat in the game.
>>
>The Plain in their natural habitat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ZfZF7Wico
>>
>>54544146
What book are they from? How do they work? Why have I never heard of them?
>>
>>54544235
>What book are they from?
Hurt Locker
> How do they work?
Poorly.
>Why have I never heard of them?
Because David Hill is a communist and no one cares about anything he does.
>>
>>54544235
>What book are they from?
Hurt locker
>How do they work?
They get magic peacemaking powers from the blog of a ex Amish man
>Why have I never heard of them?
For awhile after Hurt Locker came out, they got super memed on. But as the hype from Hurt Lockers release faded, so did the Plain.
>>
>>54544270
Just looked it up, holy fucking shit who wrote that?
>>
>>54544341
Its another disaster of shit tier poor mechanics, just like 1000 Years of Night.
>>
>>54544341
David A Hill Jr. Weeaboo commie, former writer for OPP, now twitter shitposter and part-time writer.
>>
>>54542517
A lot of what Dave says is just jokes and banter on the Mage forums, so only an idiot would take it seriously. Unfortunately....

I really feel sad for the guy every time he tries to say something funny and then someone comes back waving it around like it was religious text, like the fanatic waving around Brian's sandal in the Life of Brian.
>>
>>54543476
How much homosexuality/trans propaganda was in it?
>>
Gonna try this one last time.

If any Anons could please give some feedback on this NPC, I'd be very thankful!

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1120200-new-horror-little-morpheus
>>
>>54543311
pretty intrusive If you do shit they don't like it's possible to drop several sekhem fast. If you donlt have a goal you In character have no control of you have issues.

>>54542642
Personally, when I heard about mummy i thought it was about a bunch god kings who went into the afterlife only to get jipped and realized they had to do more to end up in a better position in the afterlife. I was not expecting be the biggest bitch in the game.
>>
>>54544366
And Filamena Young.
>>
>>54544391
There's a gay couple (who are fallen angels), but otherwise not much so far. The most badass person on the show is, from all appearances so far, a human female hunter.
>>
>>54543476
>Network Television
>good
wat
>>
What ever happened to Ethan Skemp? He used to be pretty much all about Werewolf, but he seems to have disappeared.

Though, to be honest... the product isn't really missing him it seems... Werewolf the Forsaken 2e is the best Werewolf yet.

I haven't read The Pack yet though - how is that?
>>
>>54544394
Sorry I meant to say, In character, mummies who want to remain on earth have no agency. They have to do what they were summoned for. It's kind of just a big blotch on an otherwise great line.
>>
>>54544420
Oh that fucking figures. They'd make the symbols of divine purity faggots, and of course the most badass person on the show is a woman. It's always a woman, because ciswhitemales always have to be shown up. Typical mainstream crap.
>>
>>54544463
>>>/pol/
>>
>>54544485

I found the Tumblrite
>>
>>54544420
They better have fallen for being gay.
>>
>>54544503
And how exactly do you figure that, /pol/tard?
>>
>>54544463
Yeah, it's as bad as you think. Just the same stock garbage you'd expect from any big network. The same Hollywood agenda propaganda, wrapped in a palatable theme for our demographic. With no real quality twists. It'll last maybe a couple seasons.
>>
>>54544463
>(who are fallen angels)
>fallen
Try reading, it might help you
>>
>>54544463
Actually, the black vampire is pretty badass too. HE's played by the guy who played the trainer on Spartacus.
>>
>>54544511
I'm not him, nor is he necessarily from /pol/ for speaking such blatant truths.

Urban fantasy has become PC/SJW trash
>>
File: promo_DeckerMouth_Dated_3524F.jpg (50KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
promo_DeckerMouth_Dated_3524F.jpg
50KB, 1080x608px
>>54544485
Oh look, we have a volunteer censor here. How brave of you. So brave.
>>
>I don't like what you have to say
>You must be from /pol/

How to spot a Tumblr fag
Flawless and without fail
>>
>>54544533
>muh skeletons
>>
>>54544545
I'm not censoring shit you subnormal, just calling people out for being idiots.
>>
>>54544505
I bet they have, but of course, the twist is, they're really good kind guys, (and homosexuals not in any way ever to be looked upon as sinful!!!!) and god is a JERK, because God is always a bad guy or just plain asshole/jerk/intolerant bastard. Because isn't that the stock way of portraying Christianity on television now? Especially on supernatural shows? (White Wolf certainly isn't free of sin on this, is it?)
>>
>>54544529

Well they need a badass black guy for the baddest ass white girl to hook up with. Mainstream Television to a "T"
>>
>>54544585
>just calling people out for being idiots.

Oh please, do elaborate. How are we being idiots, you cunt swine?
>>
>>54544391
Why is this the first question you ask anon?
>>
>>54544613
Wait, wait, let me guess, the Jews did it.
>>
>>54544585
>>54544585
Waiving that limp little wrist around while tweeing shrilly isn't calling anyone out.
>>
>>54544619
By seeing boogeymen everywhere.
>>
>>54544636
Don't you mean boogeypeople? Wouldn't want to be exclusionary, now would you?
>>
Tunblranon is back
>>
>>54544628

No, whoever was responsible for the casting decisions most likely :)
>>
>>54544629
And yet you still seem acutely butthurt about it.
>>
>>54544651
And what exactly did they supposedly do wrong?
>>
>>54544585
Well I hope you're having fun instigating and perpetuating thread shittiness from your supposedly non-idiotic standpoint.
>>
>>54544626
Because it's something I've sadly come to expect from what should be entertainment. It's like someone asking you to click a link and asking if it's worksafe. It's become so commonplace that it's become an unfortunate necessity to ask.
>>
File: gay pride.jpg (191KB, 968x1998px) Image search: [Google]
gay pride.jpg
191KB, 968x1998px
>>54544485
Do you get offended by anything conceivably anti-gay even when it's not?
>>
File: 1501113690875.jpg (115KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501113690875.jpg
115KB, 561x624px
>>
>>54544643
Anon, it's people of booginess. Come on now.
>>
>>54544376
>A lot of what Dave says is just jokes and banter on the Mage forums, so only an idiot would take it seriously. Unfortunately....
>I really feel sad for the guy every time he tries to say something funny and then someone comes back waving it around like it was religious text, like the fanatic waving around Brian's sandal in the Life of Brian.

Dave makes fun of the Mage Supremacy arguments (or at least he did when he still posted here) not because he doesn't believe mage (and mummy and demon) power levels are intentionally designed and intended to be above other splats, but rather because he believes the arguments are foolish and unproductive. Each game's mechanics are designed to reinforce the setting and themes of its own line, not anything else. Mages are not overpowered in relation to their own antagonists. If mages potentially upset the power balance in a Vampire, Changelings, or anything other Chronicle, it's not his concern. Dave's only priority is mages working properly in Mage, as should be the comparable priority of every other developer. To the extent you want to use the Awakened in crossover, he happily suggests houseruling Mages however best suits your game, as he does in his own chronicles.
>>
>>54544590
>(White Wolf certainly isn't free of sin on this, is it?)

I mean would you rather the makers of a supernatural horror game reveal WE WERE CHRISTIANS THE WHOLE TIME when they release a new Demon splat that reveals the God-Machine is only capable of good and that you should profess Jesus as your lord and savior?
>>
>>54544626
Because he's middle America and he's sick as shit of it.
>>
>>54544676
I am actually, if you can't handle a little bit of opposition to your reactionary worldviews you deserve it.
>>
>>54544626
Because this is the internet, and he wants to score edginess points.
>>
>>54544713
too bad they only work in a setting where you can't negate threshold, and everyone has prime to compensate for threshold being worthless at 4+ anyway.
>>
>>54544706

So close
>>
>>54544698
That's a bit of a leading question, to which the only conceivable answer is no.
>>
>>54544685
But what if Gays/Trans/Liberal-sympathizers are Entertained by such things?

Like you can call it propaganda if that makes you feel better. I just call it "making more money and not getting boycotted or simply panned by liberal critics"

Sorry, but the entertainment industry is comprised primarily of people who went to art school, the fuck were you expecting to happen?
>>
>>54544752
>threshold

You mean Withstand, yes?
>>
>>54544729
Someone's a bit full of themselves. Are you the Silent Majority too?
>>
WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
>>
>>54544768
Yeah, I don't know why I confuse them.
>>
>>54544718
Wow, that's a wonderful straw man argument, you have there. You should be proud.
>>
>>54544516
>>54544463
>of course the most badass person on the show is a woman. It's always a woman, because ciswhitemales always have to be shown up.

Do you realize the show is based pretty closely on an actual book trilogy by Charlain Harris?

The white woman assassin character is in the books.

However, you are free to write novels with characters from any demographic you wish and then sell the rights to Hollywood.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>54544798
Why does what keep happening?
>>
>>54544739
OH SHIT MARKOFF TUMBLRANON! WE MIGHT ACTUALLY HIT BINGO TODAY.
>>
File: 1501117127736.jpg (118KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501117127736.jpg
118KB, 561x624px
>>54544798
>>
>>54544813
FUCK YOU FOR BEING SO INTENTIONALLY OBLIVIOUS
>>
>>54544832
What do you mean?
>>
>>54544718
You fucking moron - the nWoD by and large is religion neutral. It's the oWoD and 20th anniversary that really have the 90's goth, god's a jerkoff stuff to an extreme. The new stuff only gets bad when the faggot/trans writers start bringing their personal shit in, and then it just gets painfully obvious.
>>
>>54544804
I'm just not really sure what you're asking for here other than a complete reversal of everything the games are built around.
Are you saying they should've made a book called "Angel" that amounts to being Hunter on steroids or what?

Are you just venting in the first post? Then you have no argument for me to Straw Man, you were just complaining aimlessly and I was making fun of you.
>>
>>54544767
At <3% of the population, being generous, who the fuck cares. And way to go generalizing Art s
>>
>>54544739
What worldviews?
>>
>>54544853
Yeah but it's never been religion-positive is my point, which anon seems peeved about.
>>
Bravo for managing to shitpost about politics and not even have it be vaguely WoD related. I keep thinking I've seen the worst this general can get, and I keep being proven wrong.
>>
>>54544871
*Way to generalize everyone artistic as being gay/trans you narcissistic fuck.
>>
>>54544871
Uh. sure THE GAYS are a small demographic group but THE LIBERALS are a big demographic group and they really like virtue signaling. Give the people what they want.
>>
File: PackMageFull.jpg (320KB, 819x865px) Image search: [Google]
PackMageFull.jpg
320KB, 819x865px
>>54544438
>I haven't read The Pack yet though - how is that?

The Pack is excellent. It includes reasonable new werewolf mechanics, Lodge info, and even good crossover suggestions.

Enjoy-

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n81qyj

>Best part of The Pack is it recognizes Mage Supremacy
>>
>>54544882
Thinking that the EEEVIL SKELETONS are out to put anti-cisstraightwhitemale propaganda in your TV, movies, games, soap packaging, and breakfast cereal.
>>
>>54544752
Could you rephrase that? I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here.
>>
>>54544914
I never said anything like that.
>>
>>54544903
FUCK YOUR MAGE SHITTTTT

No seriously, could you please fuck off for at least five threads? You Mage assholes are in every goddamn crevice and it's starting to piss me the fuck off.
>>
>>54544871
>who the fuck cares about whether or not a group of people that have done nothing wrong are being systematically marginalized
So you're not even pretending, good to know.
>>
>>54544894
Also art SCHOOLS (the insititutions themselves) are incredibly liberal and their base is incredibly liberal. I'm not saying they're all gay or trans you dense cunt. I'm saying that if you go there, you're probably not gonna last as a Meninist for very long.
>>
>>54544929
Maybe YOU didn't, but that was the worldview I was calling out.
>>
>>54544915
I meant withstand not threshhold. The attacker is absolutely king in mage more than he was in 1e barring extended casting which no sane st allowed past a point anyway. First shot first kill works great in a videogame. Not in a table top and mage has personally been the hardest game to run past 4 dots.
>>
>>54544935
>systematically marginalized
What?
>>
>>54544718
was that not what happened when Demon: The Fallen was published?

they were right, though.
>>
>>54544903
Which is bullshit because mechanically a werewolf wins 1v1 with a mage
>>
File: 20150207_001410000_iOS.jpg (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
20150207_001410000_iOS.jpg
21KB, 200x200px
>>54544888
Then go start another, and take your butthurt there, you whining little princess. Seriously. If it's so bad, go away.

We've been seeing complaints about the thread going downhill daily every fucking day, for just about every day it's existed. Whine elsewhere, or take the initiative and change the topic, instead of sitting on your hands and shitposting about shitposting.
>>
>>54544942
Yeah... that's called a straw man argument. You are amazingly bad at this.
>>
>>54544729
why do you hate Mexico and Guatemala?
>>
>>54544942
Well thanks. You shat up the whole thread to call out one or two guys. Wonderful.
>>
>>54544936
There are a lot of gays and trans on art though. Most art people are really degenerates gay or straight though.
>>
>>54544828
were is /x/fag when you need him?
>>
>>54544978
How did I shit up the thread? Is this not a lively discussion?
>>
>>54544959
>Which is bullshit because mechanically a werewolf wins 1v1 with a mage

Do fuck off
>>
Anybody else want /pol/ and tumblr to fuck off?
>>
>>54544936
So art schools are politically brainwashing people?
>>
>>54544956
You people clearly aren't going to be satisfied until every positive portrayal of a non-heteronormative person is scrubbed from all media.
>>
>>54545018
Nice buzzwords
>>
>>54545006
There is no /pol/, only tumblr
>>
>>54544897
This is true. Most progressive media is enjoyed by straight white people who want to feel superior by championing poor, powerless minorities.
>>
the jews
>>
>>54544969
How is that a strawman? The first question someone here asked when presented with positive comments about a show was to ask how much "homosexual/trans propaganda" it had.
>>
>>54545032
Nope: >>54545052
Try again
>>
>>54545032
No, you're both here when someone unironically uses the term degenerate.

Daily reminder that /pol/ has a board culture as easily identifiable as tumblr's
>>
>>54545018
I have never seen anybody on this general ever say anything like that.
>>
>>54544903
Sounds good.
>>
>>54545006
there is no /pol, only a desperate tumblerite. No one has argued that Germany has doomed Europe again or that the Jews are using mass immigration to eradicate the proud white race
>>
>>54545031
Gonna actually refute my point or just attack the words I used to make it?
>>
>>54545056
You admitted that you were attacking an argument not made by that poster. That is the definition of a straw man argument. Look, I know that you receive a steady stream of affirmation in your normal internet hangouts but that shit don't fly here.
>>
>>54545087
Nobody has argued that the patriarchy can only be ended by killing all white men either, clearly we're not looking for just the most extreme.
>>
>>54544980
....that's fine. I'm not even disagreeing. But almost the entire apparatus of the entertainment industry is supported and comprised of these people and people that deeply sympathize with these people.

I mean go ahead, if all your whiteguy friends are independently good at all the things you need to be good at to make a show. And you all get together to make conservative shows for whiteguys, be my guest.

As it is now the people that are involved in making these shows are very much not interested in whatever you want them to make, and are instead making the shows they want to make. And if they seem like degenerate shows because you think they're degenerate people....
Just don't watch it, that's the most I can give you.

Unless you get a critical mass of talented people that want to make whatever you consider baseline "entertainment" without the taint of "SJW propaganda" it's not going to suddenly exist
>>
>>54545096
I'd have to be a fucking idiot to come here for affirmation, I know what 4chan is.
>>
>>54545092
Says the slayer of straw men.
>>
>>54545066
>>54545069
>somebody says "the jews" with no context
>somebody uses the word degenerate
>IT'S /POL/
Do you enjoy jumping at shadows?
>>
>>54545073
Not in so many words maybe.
>>
>>54545118
Give me your actual point then, I'm sure it has plenty of shit to point out.
>>
>>54545087
I don't know why /pol/ would think jews want to deal with muslims. Man, i feel bad for jews they get attacked on both sides.

>>54545119
why does degenerate even mean a bad thing? wod is pretty abnormal.
>>
>>54545114
Trust me, we already ascertained your retardation. How do you think we immediately identify you?
>>
>>54545130
More like not at all, ever.
>>
>>54545119
The /pol/ part is more immediately asking about "homosexual/trans propaganda" out of the blue about a TV show they know next to nothing about.
>>
>>54544935
You are on the fringe because you are the fringe. Take your systematic marginalization and toss it in the garbage heap with so many other false persecution constructs. Just because a cultural marxist with tenure told you a bunch of propaganda and lies that make you feel better about your personal failures, don't expect others to be so gullible.
>>
>>54545155
They get attacked on both sides because Jews are the inherent enemy of all thinking humans, they have been the enemy since their inception and they always will be. Try reading the Talmud, I think you might be surprised.
>>
>>54545168
so you say one must be /pol/ to be interested in the development of contemporary entertainment culture?
>>
>>54545119
Man, why is it that /pol/niggers immediately start hurling accusations when you catch them obviously memeing.
>>
>>54545179
>cultural marxist
Nope, definitely not /pol/, couldn't possibly be.
>>
>>54545168
How? Urban fantasy is rife with that kind of stuff. Note that when he asked, he was immediately answered. You also don't have to be /pol/ to roll your eyes at pandering media.
>>
Why is this thread such a consistent shitshow. A new WoD book just came out. It's shit, but why not talk about that?
>>
>>54545184
who let Brucato on the Internet again?
>>
>>54545184
I'd rather be near jews than muslims any fucking day of the week and I'm gay. I don't know why sjws are trying to get me killed.
>>
>>54545201
Urban fantasy is also primarily written and consumed by women.

Occam's razor motherfucker. Do you speak it?
>>
>>54545209
We talked already about Book of Secrets when it was leaked
>>
>>54545186
Only /pol/ asks that with no prompting, even assuming it's a valid question (hint: It isn't) it would be just like immediately asking about how the lighting is before you know the fucking plot.
>>
File: 1501117538916.jpg (121KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501117538916.jpg
121KB, 561x624px
>>54545212
>>
>>54545048
So you understand the dynamic here. Any more questions? Are you still confused.
>>
>>54545228
>Urban fantasy is also primarily written and consumed by women.
Do you have a source for that? And how is it even relevant?
>>
>>54545231
why wouldn't it be a valid question? Don't you think the validness of the depiction of homosexuality in contemporary media is important? Are you a homophobe as well as a tumblerite?
>>
>>54545248

SO CLOSE
>>
>>54545229
See, I only show up to this thread when something's released, because it's always such a shitshow.
>>
>>54545251
Confused about what?
>>
>>54545227
The Muslims are the weapon of the Jews, they are deployed to be the hammer that smashes western civilization against the anvil of cultural marxism.
>>
>>54545248
I asked for a PDF of Book of Secrets earlier, and someone else posted some homebrew. So you can circle those two for bingo.
>>
>>54545284
does this count as /x/fag or as Lions of Zion and related slapfights?
>>
>>54545261
>am I a homophobe
No, but the person who immediately asked about "homosexual propaganda" might be. Just a thought.
>>
>>54545298
Neither, no indication that it's /x/fag and it didn't come up via LoZ.
>>
>>54545228
Irrelevant to the question. It was a simple question. And it would have been answered with a simple dialog, but instead some anti-free speech types decided to go into censorship mode and took it on the attack. And down, and thus began the brawl. You had a choice. To let them ask, respond, and get on with the thread, or to make a shitshow, get exposure, expose your own intolerance and hostility to even asking questions about the subject, and honestly sour my view even further on my own side of the political spectrum.
>>
>>54545284
That doesn't even make sense. SJWs love muslims and hate jews. Jews certainly wouldn't want muslims outnumbering them fucking 10-1
>>
>>54545295
Where was the homebrew?
>>
>>54545052
>the jews

So, can we start complaining again about how Brucato is an antisemite for, among other things, being triggered by Zionists and eliminating the Lions of Zion from M20,
>>
>>54545300
How? Unless you sit back and enjoy every representation of homosexuals, you're homophobic?
>>
>>54545309
does /x/fag not also believe that the Jews are the enemy of civilization, together with the Irish and the Armenians? Or are that two different anons?
>>
>>54545322
I think they're different people, /x/fag denied believing in that stuff. I think we've got both /x/fag and conspiracyfag.
>>
>>54545322
The Irish and the Armenians are lesser enemies, currently in league with the Jews.
>>
>>54544392
>http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1120200-new-horror-little-morpheus
>>54545314
>>
>>54545318
When you ask about "homosexual propeganda" clearly you have something against gay people.
>>
>>54545348
How does an NPC qualify as homebrew?
>>
>>54545007
Eh. It's more that it's just naturally an echochamber.
Like I've seen people come up and get pissy about the fact that it is an echochamber and they should be able to voice their views etc....and people listen and respect that.
But all that means in practicality is that people are uneasy around that guy.

Don't wanna piss HIM off when I sit around lamenting trump tweets, as I am wont to do.---is the sort of thing you're looking at.
>>
>>54545313
The pets of the Jewry have slipped their leash, possibly due to the interference of the Armenians in their plans.
>>
>>54545354
And how do you figure that?
>>
>>54545359
It's a homebrew because it's something someone came up with, rather than something that came out of a book. It's homebrew by my understanding of the term.
>>
>>54545260
Because everyone wants to be a bad ass who does cool shit. In a genre that appeals more broadly to women, you're going to get a lot of that.
>>
>>54545261
He asked about homosexual propaganda. And making religious icons like angels gay would be rather striking examples of such. So you know, I'm seeing now that maybe the question could very well have been asked in good faith, and your attempt to twist it in the most negative directions possible really is saying something as well. That you are utterly unwilling to *tolerate* the idea that someone might not be fully okay with your lifestyle. That's not simply demanding tolerance, that's demanding a lot more, which is worrisome.
>>
File: 1501117538916 - Copy.jpg (123KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501117538916 - Copy.jpg
123KB, 561x624px
>>
>>54545359
Not unless it's completely different from canon mechanics. In this case it isn't.
>>
>>54545368
Seems like the simple solution is to just not voice your views in a place where I imagine they would be pretty much irrelevant.
>>
>>54545383
But it's not godawful, so it doesn't get a check.
>>
>tumblranon
>armenianon
>poltards
All we're missing is /x/fag and Palestineanon.
>>
>>54545376
Because asking if it's gay done well or poorly means you care about the quality rather than the idea of it. Propaganda means you think it's something that shouldn't exist at all and itls brainwashing. I mean you don't like gay people cool. Talk about it on /pol/.
>>
>>54545412
Again, no. If it's brought up here, I'll ask here. Fuck off with /pol/
>>
>>54545387
>And making religious icons like angels gay would be rather striking examples of such.

Yes, as opposed to making a religious icon like angels actually the villains of your game like nWoD does?
>>
>>54545387
To be fair, they are fallen angels, although it was never made clear if they fell because they like to diddle each other in the butt.
>>
>>54545295
>I asked for a PDF of Book of Secrets earlier

Here it is. However, don't say we didn't warn you that it's an absolute shitshow.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/39ises
>>
>>54545311
Wow. I can't tell if you're /pol/nigger or tumblr-anon.

Immaterial, anyway. You're both shit but consider this: free speech works both ways. If you say some shit, someone is going to tell you that you're a cunt.
>>
>>54545387
we already established the angels were fallen
>>54544505
>>54544522
>>
>>54545426
No. you fuck off. This has nothing to do woth the thread you fucking asshole.
>>
>>54545407
Are you replying to the right person?
>>
This thread needs to be cleansed with fire.
>>
>>54545383
>In a genre that appeals more broadly to women
Do you have a source for this? Also still waiting on a source for women being the primary writers, if you're the same person.
>>
>>54545430
>hey are fallen angels, although it was never made clear if they fell because they like to diddle each other in the butt.

Angel: The Reach Around - GenCon 2017!
>>
>>54545448
oh, it can get a lot worse, just wait until >>54545411 join in
>>
>>54545428
nWoD's angels aren't "God's" angels, they are something else. The God machine is not God. It just uses the imagery.
>>
>>54545450
Nigger, go to a fucking book store
>>
>>54545434
This.
You can say shit others may disagree with, but without being an asshole about it.
But on the internet, people think they can be an asshole for free.
So, on topic, how do you lot make spirits?
I'm struggling to create thematic spirits for CotD, but the book itself doesn't really give too much in the way of ideals that led their design.
>>
>>54545428
You're changing the subject, tapdancing around. Calm down for chrissake.
>>
>>54545458
Aside from /x/fag sometimes ironically being summoned when you say his name, I don't see an in for either of them. Even the Jew shitposting stayed away from Israel.
>>
>>54545460

And somehow I don't think that show has the approval of the Vatican. It's a fictional depiction.
>>
>>54545445
u mad bro?
>>
>>54545412
Or maybe by asking if it was propaganda, he wanted to know if it was blatant pandering that rubs the sexuality of the characters in your face and hammers home just how victimized yet morally superior they are because of it? Just a thought. I'm also interested in how you definitely know what everyone means and thinks.
>>
File: DaveB Archmage Christianity.png (49KB, 1554x350px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB Archmage Christianity.png
49KB, 1554x350px
>>54545460

Of course, OPP didn't imply that the whole of Christianity was little more than a mistake by an archmaster which he intends to correct.

I can only imagine the outcry if instead of Christianity, OPP included a plot hook where Islam was a mistake.

>A jihad against RichT would be amusing
>>
>>54545479

Actually, that was my first post. I just find it funny that WoD has had much more canon-breaking angels in both oWoD and nWoD yet a TV show has people up in arms.
>>
>>54545448
I disagree. I haven't seen the tranniefags/dykes this angry in a long time. All because someone asked a single question about a shitty TV show that's gonna go nowhere anyway
>>
>>54545492
I only do that when you start lying about me, I don't want to talk about myself, don't you realize that?
>>
>>54545497
>u mad bro?

>microaggressions

>Anon privilege

>>TRIGGERED<<
>>
>>54545398
Right! so Option A is the guy mentioned leaves the school and does some other shit. (Or feels increasingly awkward in all of his classes as people feel they have to bite their tongue around him)

Option B is you try to impress that upon the rest of the echochamber and fail. Not because they're unwilling to try, just because it's so ingrained in the culture, especially at this point.
>>
>>54545475
for what gameline? Werewolf or Mage or something else?
>>
>>54545511
>OPP included a plot hook where Islam was a mistake.
But why would they do that when White Wolf has a LONG history of taking the piss out of Christianity?
Do you know what they did to Christianity in Scion? You are treating this like it's something new when it has been done by WW literally before you were born.
>>
>>54545502
Nope, propaganda has a blatant meaning and connotation.

>>54545511
Considering the nature of the religion that would extend to jews, muslims and catholics. The 4 religions are just extensions of Judaism.
>>
>>54545530
Werewolf in particular, but I had thought that the general workings of spirits was setting agnostic?
>>
>>54545493
Personally I find queers more intolerable than devout christians, by a significant degree. And societally the christians are much more desirable too - more monogamous, less prone to sexual diseases, relationship/spousal violence, mental illness, all by a large degree. Homosexuality might not be "sinful" but it's a filthy/violent habit.
>>
>>54545535
Didn't they treat Islam the same? I thought they simply hated monotheistic religions because they are not cool and pagan and edgy
>>
>>54545462
That's not a source. It also wouldn't be an accurate representation. Either you have some actual sources or you don't. "I went to a bookstore and saw a lot of books written by women, for women in the urban fantasy section, so naturally this genre is heavily saturated with women authors and consumers!", is anecdotal evidence and also maybe confirmation bias, if I can ever figure out how to use that term.

Either way, a book store section isn't a reliable source. Do you have a documented study or poll, or something similar?
>>
>>54545561

Pretty much. If you were monotheistic, you were horrible in Scion. Christianity got the biggest beating though as it was the most familiar to the writers.
>>
>>54545511
I'm completely okay with this, yet I find that TV show shit rather vile, and blatantly propagandistic.
>>
>>54545511
That would be a fatwa, anon, jihad isn't against individuals.
>>
>>54545512
Given that this is a WoD board, don't you think we might have already discussed this in relationship to WoD?
>>
>>54545565
You're real fucking dense if you're willing to admit that "The entire genre as it is portrayed on shelves to normal people perusing the bookstore might be as anon describes---but that doesn't mean he's right about it!"
>>
>>54545512
Because /pol/fags jut want to outrage while forgetting that WoD was entirely a degenerate hobby it's entire running span.
>>
>>54545199
>Spot an SJW/tumblr fag
>Think that people calling them the second most common thing leftist identitarians are referred to makes them /pol/
What an exhaustive investigation you've done. It must be conclusive and not you being retarded.
>>
>>54545602

Technically a WoD thread and not really, I was replying to someone whining that a religious icon was made gay when WoD has done a hell of a lot more than that, let alone what Scion did.
>>
>>54545580
what about Hindus that worship solely Brahman or similar henotheistic faiths? Are they horrible too in Scion?
>>
>>54545618
nah, it was tumblranons outrage against a comment of /pol/fag that resulted in this mess
>>
>>54545561
>Didn't they treat Islam the same?
Not to the same extent.
Judaism and Islam were merely false, Christianity was actively courted by, supported by, and supporting the Titans themselves.
>>54545630
Brahman actually exists as a part of his pantheon. It is not the same as worship that actively denies the existence of other powers with characterizes the Abrahamic faiths.
>>
>>54545630

If you worship a single got in a pantheon as the entirety of the Pantheon you secretly worship the evil titan of monotheism in the guise of your god. It's what they did with the time when Egypt when monotheistic.
>>
>>54545645
>>54545655
well, someone really hated going to sunday school
>>
>>54545556
>Nope, propaganda has a blatant meaning and connotation.
Not really. It has an annotation, which according to Merriam-Webster is "the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person." It also has connotations, which are subjective and don't always mean the same thing to different people.

So are you saying that anon shares your connotation of propaganda? And that he couldn't possibly just mean the annotation? How do you know these things?
>>
>>54545527
Or he finds friends there who agree with him, because nowhere is completely monolithic in culture (outside of the middle east with its death penalties for apostasy and all) and life goes on til graduation for both cliques, each in their own little echo chamber, because that is actually how life works. Artfag is living in an imaginary world if he thinks even at the most left wing colleges there aren't students who believe otherwise. Christ, I knew conservative kids at Amherst College in Mass back when I used to game in Northampton, MA. They might not speak openly about their views in front of the other clique, because it's like living in Soviet Russia in a lot of ways, but what can one do?
>>
>>54545645
I forgot about that and it still doesn't even make sense. Christianity and islam should be false and judaism should be real. it was what came first. the other two just mimicked it afterwards.
>>
>>54545565
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Paranormal-Urban-Fantasy/zgbs/books/3559310011

Additionally, two of the top search terms listed when you look up urban fantasy in google are "for guys" and "male protagonist"
>>
>>54545603
How am I dense? A genre section at a single store isn't representative of an entire genre. I also don't even know for sure that they ARE as you describe them. So do you have any sources or not?
>>
>>54545684
Why go to amherst college as a conservative? your social life will be pretty nonexistant.
>>
>>54545645
what was manicheism?
>>
>>54545677

I think that's an accurate summation of Scion. It got doubly weird when they tried to push all the faiths into the God/Titan dynamic.

>So the Frost Giants are titans, right?
>But there is Skadi, who is a god but is also a frost giant!
>How will we reconcile this?
>LET'S NEVER SPEAK OF IT AND HOW IT WORKS.
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54545690
>shit thread

So, how 'bout them Adamantine Arrow mages?

>Swole Jawa definitely votes Republican
>>
>>54545716
>Implying anyone on /tg/ has a social life.
>>
>>54545684
>implying /pol/anon has the werewithal to make friends
>>
>>54545655
>If you worship a single got in a pantheon as the entirety of the Pantheon you secretly worship the evil titan of monotheism in the guise of your god. It's what they did with the time when Egypt when monotheistic.
I thought that was just a ruse by Amonthep, and not reflective on actively worshiping a singular patron in a pantheon?
>>54545686
What it really is is that Christianity had at once point dominated the world bar none as the preeminent faith with a lot of power, money and influence behind it, and the point was that the Titan of Light was using this to support him (and low key try to usurp all the other titans as well).
>>54545723
Immaterial to this conversation.
>>
>>54545734
When I say that I mean networking. Which is all based on personality and competency in STEM. lib and gender studies from what i hear is all catfighting cliches.
>>
Gilgamesh is on the verge of winning the Dark Eras 2 poll? That will probably mean a Beast crossover chapter.

Crap!
>>
>>54545732
This art always reminds me of the villains meeting from the 60s Adam West Batman movie for some reason.
>>
>>54545690
This isn't much different from a genre section at a bookstore, which would also have the best sellers (it's a store) on display. Also, a lot of there are multiple books on there from singular series, by one author. Harry Potter is on there, for example, and it's also a book series arguably enjoyed by just as many boys as it was girls. I know I liked it. So I'm still waiting on an actual source.
>>
>>54545775
Link to the poll?
>>
>>54545820
>Link to the poll?

http://theonyxpath.com/dark-eras-poll/
>>
>>54545814
No actual source, but common experience has shown me that while fantasy is almost entirely young males in terms of customers, urban fantasy, driven by break out hits like Twilight, has a very strong, but by no means dominate, customer base.
Basically, one has few, the other has a fair few, and people compare them and say "IT'S MOSTLY WOMEN".

t. anon that owns a bookstore in a college town
>>
>>54545684
College isn't about social life. And often you'll see students of staff/faculty, as well as locals with grants/discounts who differ radically from the average student of such an institution.
>>
>>54545690
pwned
>>
>>54545712
That single store is Amazon.com. you are being willfully ignorant now, or trolling. You lose.
>>
>>54545730
The same way that the Norse did:
There isn't that much difference between them, and their are canon traitors on both sides.
The difference between a frost giant and a god is a single dot of legend and who they pay fealty to.
>>54545931
How many of those books are also YA books?
Most on the list, from what I'm seeing.
>>
>>54545931
>That single store is Amazon.com
This makes a difference how?
>>
>>54545814
>HARRY POTTER IS ON THERE! IT MEANS NOTHING!

/pol/ logic everyone.
>>
>>54545962
>Most on the list, from what I'm seeing.
I'm also willing to bet that a lot of them are romance, or have heavy romantic subplots.
>>
>>54545976
The single largest book retailer on the planet?
>>
>>54546020
Okay?
>>
>>54546055
And this is where it becomes clear the poster is a stupid little girl.
>>
>>54546017
No, most of them are not romance, and most fantasy books DO have a romance subplot by gene convention.
>>
>>54546055
The one that dwarfs all others combined and may be subject to an antitrust lawsuit from the US government?
>>
>>54546083
How? So Amazon sells a lot of books. A lot of bestsellers are books written by female authors with female protagonists. This doesn't mean the majority of urban fantasy authors are female, or that the majority of the consumers are female. You're looking at this apparently conclusive evidence and making assumptions. That just because they aren't in the spotlight, male authors are scarce. That just because the books have female protagonists, or are written by a female, that male readers don't buy and read them. I don't like to make assumptions, because it's stupid. Which is why I'm asking for actual sources with hard numbers that show the actual truth of the matter.
>>
>>54546137
How is this relevant? And are they being subjected to an antitrust lawsuit solely because of book sale revenue?
>>
>>54546160
I'm sorry, I thought you were arguing the opposite and being completely, willfully ignornant. I missed a post somewhere, and got you and the person you were arguing with mixed up. Serious apologies.
>>
File: IMG_0186.jpg (120KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0186.jpg
120KB, 400x602px
>>54546160
>>54546209
Because it gives you the aggregate share of authors across the most comprehensive dataset that we have. It keeps going down as far as you'd like to follow it and if you go down several hundred entries, you still find 80%+ female authors with a large number of titles that heavily infer romance which is a genre with strong female readership.

And why are people getting their shorts in a twist? Fantasy and all of its related genres and sub genres have had female protagonists almost from the beginning.

Now, unless the vendor that outsells all others combined across all genres is actually a niche seller that is somehow the largest on the planet?

Well, I'd love to see a source on that.
>>
New thread
>>54546536
>>
>>54546424
No prob.

>>54546469
>And why are people getting their shorts in a twist?
I don't know. My shorts are perfectly untwisted. I just want an actual source.
>>
>>54546597
And you have it in real time.
>>
>>54547110
No, I don't. I already explained why it isn't a reliable source. An actual source would be something like a documented study, or a poll. Not a best sellers list that doesn't tell the whole story. It might be the best source you have, but that doesn't make it reliable or accurate. It would be, if the claim was that the majority of urban fantasy best sellers are written by women. But the claim is that the majority of urban fantasy authors, period, are women, and that the majority of urban fantasy's reader base are women. A best sellers list contains no hard numbers on either subject. You're looking at the list and making assumptions. Assumptions aren't reliable.
>>
>>54547252
And you have the most comprehensive, up to date dataset on the planet. I'm sorry if that directly contradicts your assertions but that's the purpose of argument and in the end, I have presented evidence and you have presented none.
>>
>>54547252
Ignore the SJWness of the post. Look at the data.

http://www.torbooks.co.uk/blog/2013/07/10/sexism-in-genre-publishing-a-publishers-perspective
>>
>>54547535
>And you have the most comprehensive, up to date dataset on the planet.
Of what? The trending Urban Fantasy bestsellers? That doesn't tell me that the majority of UF authors are women. It doesn't tell me that the majority of UF readers are women. You just want me to make those assumptions based on popular UF books.

>I have presented evidence
Unreliable and impertinent evidence.

>you have presented none
Why would I need to present evidence? I haven't asserted any kind of claim.
>>
>>54547604
This article cites no sources to back up its data and the UK isn't the only place where UF is written and published.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.