[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General - Orc and Thicc Are Synonyms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 62

File: Orc Girl.jpg (153KB, 359x831px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Girl.jpg
153KB, 359x831px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Underground Grid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54491552
>My_Day_In_Trollkönigreich.trid
>Hurlg.sim
>Antenna_Grill.fab
>How_To_Fix_Bad_Credit.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 678 (22% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Wanna go pound some dwarves?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Thighs_Like_Tree_Trunks.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon

Orc/troll book is out, and it's got qualities, lifestyle stuff, and a heavy overuse of the word 'trog'. Tell us your thoughts, share your Black Forest Natives, and recognize that the Matrix now belongs to tuskers and their antenna grills.
>>
>>54506419
>Exosuit project

Sorry for the weeklong wait, had some shit to deal with.

As always if you want to pitch in with ideas for Exosuits, names for variants or even have your favorite character comment on these things like the shitposter he is, let me know. I'm collecting everything.
>>
>>54506418

1st for two western great dragons fighting
>>
>>54506418
>OP's pic
Why do artists insist on putting fucking illegible signatures on things instead of clearly printing a name? It's like they don't want people to learn who they are.
>>
First, source that shit, man.

Second, if Complete Trig had a real life equivalent, the book would be named "The Total Nigger".
>>
>>54506547
If you're not cool enough to read their tag, they don't even want you finding the rest of their work.
>>
>>54506598
Or maybe it's some kind of fucking magic. Encoding their name into the form of an illegible rune to draw power from those who look at it.
>>
So this burning wreckage that is The Complete Trog seems to have some gems in the upcoming release part of the book: Street Lethal (what appears to be a weapons sourcebook considering the "warhammer that shoots bullets described") and whate appears to be a book about Hooding.
>>
>>54505064
Reposting from last thread, going a little lighter on the autism this time.
The Shadowrun subreddit, previously known to sticky a compliments thread for freelancers when shit books dropped in the past, is now advocating for boycotting CGL. Even some of their moderators are.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6pblo3/a_new_book_has_been_released_lets_not_buy_it/
some of the comments in this one say similar things
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6p8br7/new_the_complete_trog_on_drivethrurpg/
Honestly if even the comfort zone of this subreddit rejects your shit CGL, you need to wake up.
>>
>>54506510
I think the discussion on the milspec suits was rather good, especially with the climbing cat claws for a more infiltration-focused suits. People were still debating how they should be done to not just make a mage OP. I personally didn't like the "electric interference = background count idea" but let's see what people come up with
>>
So chummers, how do you convince your players to operate operatingly? A big part of the fun of Shadowrun is doing the legwork and planning out a heist to go off without a hitch (and then reacting to the hitches when they go off). Is there a way to get players to do that if they don't inherently grasp it, aside from someone saying "hey maybe it'd be easier to plan if you did some reconnaissance instead of rushing in like an asshole?"
>>
Figured it out. It's dsanchez
>>
>>54506674
>I personally didn't like the "electric interference = background count idea"

Yeah, I disagree with that too. I want to keep it within the current rules and not create additional ones except for "exceptions to the rule" kind of one-offs.

As far as the infiltration suit goes, what do you think:

>Misuse of a legal mountainclimber suit
>Forbidden Renraku Cyberninja suit
>>
File: 1472708192255.gif (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472708192255.gif
1MB, 500x400px
>>54506693
>So chummers, how do you convince your players to operate operatingly?
I don't. My shadowruns are 'trolls with bubblegum-pink hair use a minigun from the back of an icecream truck,' and not '100% stealth completion bonus.'
>>
>>54506693

Pink Mohawk exists, Operator Anon.
>>
File: Trog of War.jpg (273KB, 900x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Trog of War.jpg
273KB, 900x1320px
>>54506630
I'm not going to write off the book quite yet; some of those reddit comments are retarded. Like the guy bitching about how you need to buy Black Forest Native to be from the Troll Kingdom, when it's clearly the most situational quality in the game (gives you two different kinds of Home Ground, and a +2 bonus to either Druid stuff or innawoods stuff) designed for someone who is hugging more trees than an elf.

At least there's actual fluff for a lot of neglected corners of the world now, even if it's a brief shot.

>>54506630
Street Lethal is rumoured to be a general advanced combat book, for people for whom R&G wasn't enough.
>>
>>54506758
I dunno, that one that lets you live as long as a human seems preeeetty situational. And expensive, for what amounts to literally nothing if the game isn't jumping ahead years and years of in-game time.
>>
>>54506418
>lifestyle stuff

We're promoting cancersticks again? Really?
>>
File: orccop2.jpg (68KB, 433x433px)
orccop2.jpg
68KB, 433x433px
One of the other players in my Shadowrun group sent me a link to this movie trailer and told me it's basically modern-era Shadowrun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko
>>
>>54506805
tell that player to go fuck himself
>>
>>54506645
As one of the moderators, its been a shared sentiment for ages.
>>
>>54506805
Was your player always stupid, or is this a new development?
>>
>>54506805
Cmon man do you really want me to describe pixie technomancer fisting again
>>
>>54506693
I "forced" my players to do so by having Johnson provide the players with set events to ease up their run at specific times.

Neyt run it's going to be a distraction created by some Gangers attacking a clinic for example.

They have 24 hours before this goes down, in that time they can talk to their contact with the gangers (provided by Johnson), scout out the location and such.

Past examples included

>Johnson wanted a person abducted AFTER their surgery
>Johnson wanted two gang lieutenants dead and knew that they would meet in two days for a trade, but not where
>Runners were specifically hired to create a distraction for another team to pull the cops in two directions

>>54506751
Since when does Pink Mohawk exclude any kind of legwork/preparation?

>>54506805
EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU LIKE IT!
Fuck off, Ready Player One is shaping up to be closer to Shadowrun than this.
>>
>>54506751
As a pink Mohawk player and GM, planning and set up is not only essential but also fun. Think of it like the heist set ups in GTA 5.

You don't need to memorize the schedules of every employee, plan every single shot, or roleplay filling your getaway car with gas. But you should at least have a rudimentary understanding of what the building might be like inside (either through a light casing, prior knowledge, or stealing a blueprint) a basic plan of attack for the run, and acquiring a few key large things for the run like disguises.
>>
>>54506842
>Since when

It doesn't, but you wanted to know how to get players to operate operatingly. Nice movement of the goalpost though.
>>
>>54506735
If you don't make the headlines crashing a mech through the roof of the facility you are stealing from, you are doing it wrooooong.
>>
>>54506784
It's the kind of thing that gets written as 10 karma because they realise that it's the kind of thing that's a big deal in the game world, without realising that it has no value in the game itself. I'd prefer something that represents being a goblinized human, including the longer lifespan and maybe some other kind of bonus to reflect their knowledge of what it was like being a breeder.
>>
>>54506842
>Ready Player One
sounds pretty cool
>>
I wonder if there's prejudice by orks that were born as orks versus those that goblinised, or vice versa? It'd be kinda neat
>>54506674
Fucking with the action economy's the only balancing mechanic I can think of that isn't arbitrary and worthless. Stage all actions up by one so Free becomes Simple, Simple becomes Complex. Pre-recorded macros allow for specific actions to be staged back down
>>54506630
Toxic Alley seems like it might be a Threats-esque book about toxic mages and such, that could be neat.
>>54506842
>Ready Player One
I still don't get why people like that book. Is it literally just 80s wish fulfilment?
>>
I'm making a qt ork girl from the troll republic who's somewhat oblivious to human fragility and is overly physically affectionate.
>>
>>54506693
Just have their fixer give them tasks to prep for the run until they realize they could be doing or thinking of those things themselves.
>>
>NeoNET confirmed for fucked
>SpIn will replace it
Because we REALLY needed a second Horizon. This is fucking stupid.
>>
>>54506876
>*It'd be kinda neat to have some 14 year old ork in a high school class railing against an goblinised ork teacher because the teacher's in his forties and the kid's going to be dead of old age before he retires, calling him a half-ork and such.
>>
>>54506693
If your players aren't interested in that side then don't push it on them. Nobody enjoys being pressed into playing a style they don't like.

If they're using ultraviolence successfully without you having to dumb down and fudge things then this is a legit way of accomplishing the task they've been set. If on the other hand you're having to artificially delay the HTRTs, make the security teams act stupid, hand out lots of free Edge, etc then you have three choices:

1. Stop doing that shit and let them reap the natural consequences of the actions they've chosen.

2. Give them runs and environments where they can go nuts without you having to dumb down. Eg places in the third world and developing world where there isn't omnipresent surveillance and antagonists are likely to be weaker than the first world. Acting as an off the books death squad against gangs is another option.

3. Suck it up and run it in Pink Mohawk style. In fact, don't suck it up - embrace it. I like mirrorshades best too, but I can appreciate the Pohawk aesthetic. This is where your gang of cram-addict Minotaur bikers all wearing neon orange biker leathers and riding gold-plated Harleys can make their entrance. Take the game to crazy places. If it's Pink Mohawk then I'd say you SHOULD do this, otherwise you end up with Pink Trenchcoat which is really the worst of both worlds.
>>
File: Orc Operator.jpg (78KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Operator.jpg
78KB, 618x800px
>>54506878
Bonebreaking hugs.

>>54506909
Go read up on what Spinrad Industries is actually like. Then realise that their merger with the Caliphate is going to change all that. And at least Spinrad has personality, unlike the literal nobodies of Horizon (who are supposed to be movie stars and shit, but have no personal presence or distinguishing characteristics at all).
>>
>>54506852
Read my post again, I'm not the guy you originally replied to. Just misunderstood you, that's all.

>>54506873
It's what>>54506876
says, 80's wish fulfillment. Riding Akiras Bike in a Death Race while earning Bitcoins for playing videogames that will actually make you rich in the real world. The book was written well enough for a ya novel to be entertaining.
>>
>>54506956
Ah, sorry, thought you were him.

But yeah, if players don't wanna do legwork, their fixer shouldn't be giving them heist jobs beyond smash and grab.
>>
>>54506909
NeoNET is a really redundant corporation in the grand scheme though, and was heavily linked to Boston, and while its shitty that Boston is gone because its one of the best cities in the setting, it really was the sole thing holding NeoNET up. It just doesn't distinguish itself from the other matrix corps, Renraku has the cool "Corp in exile" thing going for it right now, while MTC has the Yakuza baggage.

Having two media/pr companies that aren't super low key like Shaiwase would actually be an interesting dynamic. Horizon being the pseudo-google "Subtle" media company that is trying to gaslight everyone through psychographics going up against a much more in your face media corp would be neat.
>>
>>54506955
Yeah she's gonna be that kind of klutz. But seriously why didn't they go with the Telestrian/DocWagon one for next big 10er
>>
>>54506954
This is wrong. I swear to god people never cease to amaze me with their inability to speak.

If you don't like how a game is being run/played, talk to the players/GM. Don't start changing random shit with no warning, talk like real fucking adults and settle the issue.
>>
>>54506955
Horizion is actually super fleshed out, and was the star of a really interesting run series called Dark Horizons, which finally revealed how, no, they were NOT the "Good" corp.

They have personality, and they frankly are up there with Azt in terms of spook factor for me now.
>>
File: ready-2.jpg (150KB, 1676x2560px) Image search: [Google]
ready-2.jpg
150KB, 1676x2560px
>>54506842
>Ready Player One is shaping up to be closer to Shadowrun than this.

I agree. Everyone should check this trailer out instead to cleanse the palate after subjecting themselves to the Bright trailer:

https://youtu.be/dtwpjnuaVTE
>>
File: image.jpg (373KB, 736x912px)
image.jpg
373KB, 736x912px
>>54506954
Pink Trenchcoat is the best and you know it.
>>
File: Punk.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Punk.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>54506596
>That’s why trogs are taking [the word trog] back. Will it make people angry? Great. They’re not interested in keeping people happy, only in increasing justice. Is it insulting? Fine. Orks and trolls will apply the name to themselves and dare you to come up with something worse. Think it’s your word? Not anymore.

The intro reads like a BLM Facebook post after someone did a find and replace. Fuck, is that what punk is like these days? Our protests weren't this insufferable, were they?
>>
>>54506547
So they can scream at you for reposting their art without giving proper credit and paying royalties.

>>54506878
So she is mentally handicapped?
>>
https://youtu.be/dZOaI_Fn5o4

I want androids, clones, and other manufactured people to play a more prominent role in Shadowrun.
>>
>>54507027
Not mentally handicapped just socially inept in breeder society
>>
>>54507035
I wish Wimps weren't just retarded babymen because mass produced clone army would be great
>>
>>54506974
>their fixer shouldn't be giving them heist jobs beyond smash and grab.

I agree. In my game I have a "group reputation" set up for myselfthat the players don't need to keep track of (they have enough shit on their hand what with a Shaman and a Rigger in the group). It goes into more detail on what kind of jobs they did well in the past and how.

>Killed a lot of dudes on their way through a run?
1 point towards "Ruthless"
>Disabled all cameras, stayed off the radar
1 point towards "Cunning"

I also have "smooth" for social solutions, "fearless" for going against the odds and "efficient" for beating the timer. Made it a lot easier to chose what missions I want to give them next.
>>
File: bundles.png (557KB, 595x810px) Image search: [Google]
bundles.png
557KB, 595x810px
>>54506725
The mountain climber you maybe use something like spools for rope+pitons. Even if you have geckotape arms, if you fall you will break a leg. For milspec I liked the idea of a Shieldbearer with water cannon the most.
The renraku cyberninja suit... as logn as it makes you moderately sneaky (best just raise limits and give some minor utility stuff like climbing claws) it shouldn't be too OP. Of course you can always introduce similar rules to the cyberware suites to dissuade players from using them.
>>
>>54507035
This movie is so lacking in grit compared to the original. I don't know if it's the camera or something, but it just doesn't have the grimy feel that Blade Runner had in basically every scene.
>>
>>54506996
Telestrian hasn't been relevant for a while and I don't think would bring a lot unique to the corp table. Doc Wagon being a big 10 would be really disruptive to their place in the lore as a "neutral" corp, not to mention the fact that NeoNET is being replaced due to being redundant with 2 other corps, so putting in a 4th major Biotech corp, with Shaiwase, Evo, and Aztechnology, already being big, flavorful corps that would be hard to carve out a niche against, wouldn't make any sense.
>>
>>54507056
It would also be stupid bullshit that ends Shadowrun as we know it. If you want Eclipse Phase, play Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>54507076
LoneStar would have been cool
>>
I have a question. Is it ever worth it to invest in some of the bulkier armors as a Street Samurai? And if you've done so, does anyone have any interesting stories about it?
>>
>>54507000
Nobody said anything about changing "random shit", or not talking to players. If you can't make an argument without full retard strawmanning then fuck off.

What's more, no GM should be saying "I don't like how you're playing the game". That's not being an adult, that's being a whiny bitch.

>>54507009
If it's just a dumbed-down easy mode Black Trenchcoat then no, it's the worse. If it's a more glitzy, high octane Black Trenchcoat then I can get on board with that.
>>
>>54507064
>This movie is so lacking in grit compared to the original. I don't know if it's the camera or something, but it just doesn't have the grimy feel that Blade Runner had in basically every scene.
https://youtu.be/eogpIG53Cis

It's lacking practical effects and flimsy but physical setpieces. That, and smoke drifting through almost every scene. Seriously, look at how much fucking smoke there is.
>>
>>54507076
>Telestrian wouldn't bring a lot to the table
I mean in a currently Jap dominated Big Ten it'd be interesting to see what is essentially a metahuman supremacist corp shaking things up
>>
>>54507084
Agreed. Cloning is at just the sweet spot where accidental sapient clone PCs happen but also it isn't some massive setting altering technology that totally replaces how we think about the human condition.

>>54507089
They lost the big 10 spot and the Seattle contract for a good reason. They were just not that interesting compared to Ares, who both could cover the "police" corp which really you only need one of while also getting a lot of other ground covered with millitary industry and even PR.
>>
>>54507089
Lonestar doesn't have the diversity that a AAA needs. Like DocWagon, they're focused on what they do and they do it well, but there would need to be a huge merger of several AAs with them included to be reasonable as a AAA. They mentioned that possibility in Market Panic, along with Monobe and/or Spinrad getting strong enough to take the big seat.
>>
>>54507112
>That, and smoke drifting through almost every scene. Seriously, look at how much fucking smoke there is.
That's it. Everything feels cramped and crowded, and the air itself seems filthy.
>>
>>54507037
Unless the new Trogg book says anything differently, 1 in 5 people in Trolls republic is a human. So unless she had a bit of a sheltered autist upbringing where her only real contact with people were her family, she should be aware of what humans are.
>>
File: Absolutely Fantastic.jpg (38KB, 395x296px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Fantastic.jpg
38KB, 395x296px
>Ghostwalker condemned by CAS, UCAS, PCC, and Sioux Nation. He issues a statement of “extreme lack of caring.”
>>
>>54506596
See >>54507124
>>
>>54507060
>In my game I have a "group reputation"
This is actually a pretty great idea. I'll probably do my own version of this.
>>
>>54507145
Not unaware just unused to, growing up in Tonka Tuff country where you could hit your neighbor with a truck and he'd be able to walk it off makes you a bit less gentle than normal society would like.
>>
>>54507121
Oh. I see the issue then. You spelled Krime wrong.

>>54507101
It is, like most things in SR, contextual to your GM's feel on the setting and what you are actually taking and why.

Milspec for example just makes you a big dumb marshmallow who eats magic attacks all day because soak isn't really a relevant defense past a certain point. But stuff like Securitech PPC and balistic masks both fit in a bag and can allow you to gain quite a bit of armor at the cost of subtility once being subtle doesn't matter. Being able to on the fly trade appearing 'clean' for being bullet resistant is great.

Chemseal on FBA is supremely powerful and worth it. Contact toxins are super lethal and this is the only realistic way to get good armor with chemseal.

And, most importantly, remember your weapon and armor's legality doesn't matter if your playing a physical stealth character rather than a social stealth one.

>>54507133
DocWagon DOES have enough going for it where I would believe that they could go AAA, especially if they went and became the ONLY EMT service in town sorta like how LS or Ares were for policing, but I don't think it would be interesting.
>>
>>54507171
Look at Blades in the Dark and Cryptomancer for some solid group mechanics
>>
>>54507009

Can you define Pink Trenchcoat?
>>
>>54507056
Fuck no.

I'm all for more Androids as stall vendors, accountants and lobby greeters and I already use them. Obviously not with AIs, just Autosofts of varying degrees - and the Anthrodrones that have been creeping into canon are telling me that this is where Shadowrun is going.

As far as clones go - I like them as Wimps. What I could see however would be Wimps being researched on as Biodrones. This is far grittier and more disgusting, and as such I enjoy it in my Cyberpunk.

>>54507076
Make Proteus a Big10. That way we would have one Marine/Space Corp and one Military/Space corp, allowing for EVO to go full CCCP instead of being the "Good guy corp" and I for one would welcome some more Seaquest 2032 missions.
>>
>>54507188
>Krime-Proteus merger
New big 10 corp: OCEAN TROG INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS
OTIS
>>
>>54507104
>What's more, no GM should be saying "I don't like how you're playing the game".
You're right
He should be saying "I hope you find a GM more suited for your playstyle" and leave
There are enough players that he shouldn't have to worry about finding players wishing to play Black Trenchcoat (or play at all, really)
>>
>>54507210
Fund it
>>
>>54507173
I'm just saying, it sounds like you're making an enjoyable character but it sounds like you might get a few sideway glances at the table if you play it the way it sounds like.

But that aside, consider the uncouth negative quality.
>>
>>54507201
I personally enjoy playing andriods and clones, but haven't done so in Shadowrun because it is extremely special snowflake. That said, someone with the prototype transhuman and biocompatibility qualities could easily be an experimental clone and as a DM I wouldn't rule out the possibility of revealing that the a PC was a clone/replicant with fake memories all along.
>>
>>54507210
Isn't KRIME shifting more towards EVO atm? I remember that being mentioned in the new KRIME Wing from R5
>>
>>54507247
Our face is a sex dollified bunraku slut
>>
File: DocWagon.jpg (83KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
DocWagon.jpg
83KB, 600x474px
>>54507188
DocWagon isn't the only EMT service, though. CrashCart is the most famous competitor; they compete for city contracts, as LS and KE do, but nobody is the only game in town when there's extraterritoriality involved. Also, they absolutely do not have enough happening to be AAA. They do medical services, services in the medical field, and Services, Medical. They don't have space assets, mercenary units (beyond the crisis response guys who protect the ambulances), industrial resource acquisition and manufacturing... basically any kind of diversity.
>>
>>54507255
The Krime Wing was an alibi for why a bunch of Evo researchers wasted 100,000 nuyen at a bar in the barrens
>>
File: Insect Spirits.png (305KB, 948x699px) Image search: [Google]
Insect Spirits.png
305KB, 948x699px
>>54506131
I live in Chicago. Fuck.
>>
>>54507260
Hey, a pretty face helps negotiations. An ork that crushes your hand in the handshake because she doesn't know how fragile the squishy puny humies are does not.
Although I guess that's why she's the face.
>>
>>54507296
> "difficultly"
>>
File: Krime-EVO.png (32KB, 315x87px) Image search: [Google]
Krime-EVO.png
32KB, 315x87px
>>54507283
Yeah, but it worked out and there's this.

Replace Troll Kingdom with Troll Republic since CGL doesn't know their own timeline and you've got all the signs.

Makes more sense too. Both are Metahuman-focused corps, both are deeply engrained in eastern europe and also
>>54507201

CCCP dude, CCCP
>>
>>54507197
None of the definitions actually mean anything and its basically a meme at this point.

>>54507201
Proteus like... actually does nothing special at this point as a big 10. The sea is already a super important part of SR lore, its just everyone acts like it isn't, and space is deliberately very diverse corp wise, while Ares is the MOST spacey its really not that far ahead of S-K or EVO.

The main things we already have are two "traditional" megacorps that focus on traditional business concerns like finance and shipping, Wuxing and Shaiwase, two heavy industry corps with Ares and S-K, 2 major electronics corps with MTC and Renraku, and 2 consumer focusd corps, EVO and Aztechnology, with some overlap gapping these categories. But we only have one media/PR corp right now, unless you count Ares and Shaiwase who kiiiiinda fit the bill but are far more about other things.

And all of these corp pairings play really well off each other and are very different from their 'partner' despite mainly being in the same line of work. For example despite both being essentially totally normal buisnesses as their primary focus, Wuxing is very 6th world about how they work, literally using leylines to help ship goods, while Shaiwase is very traditional Zaibatsu mixed with the most elite 5th age spy training ever to make them borderline the illuminati. Evo is very cuddly to runners but is actually weird when you think about it, where as Azt is very monstrous to runners but seems cuddly to everyone else.

So right now Horizon really needs a dance partner to contrast with itself as a media company. Horizon is basically made up of sociopaths pretending to be a friendly web 2.0 social media company that are attempting to literally hack the human mind through social engineering and who don't have any respect for any modern concept of morality to a level that may make other corps double take, so it is interesting how they will be contrasted.
>>
>>54506835
Bamce?

Even so, the moderators don't really show it, probably because they're mods. At any rate, I wonder how long it will take for CGL to do anything about the quality of their products. These past few months have been pretty bad, with their forums getting hacked TWICE (or maybe it was the forums and the official shadowrun website? don't quite remember).
>>
>>54506693
I just railroad and tell them to do it because my players are the most vanilla fucks, but they have fun, and they're starting to catch on.
>>
>>54507201
>I'm all for more Androids as stall vendors, accountants and lobby greeters and I already use them. Obviously not with AIs, just Autosofts of varying degrees - and the Anthrodrones that have been creeping into canon are telling me that this is where Shadowrun is going.
>As far as clones go - I like them as Wimps. What I could see however would be Wimps being researched on as Biodrones. This is far grittier and more disgusting, and as such I enjoy it in my Cyberpunk.
Oh yeah. That's my sweet spot.

I want a metaplot arc where Pilot programs for drones are getting Too Damn Smart, and the drones themselves are getting increasingly realistic - to the point of even using clone bodies rigged as biodrones.

As drones increasingly pass over to the other side of the uncanny valley, and their responses get closer and closer to fully human, it starts raising all kinds of messy, murky, unclear ethical questions.

Plaster on top of that social problems ranging from the slavery of potentially-sapient beings, to wageslaves increasingly losing their jobs due to automation, and you could have something really interesting going there.

The key, essential point, though, is that it needs to be in that murky grey area. Where there's no real clear distinction on where the threshold between machine and person is. If there even is a threshold.
>>
>>54507282
To be clear I meant that with a bit of world development Doc Wagon could easily become the final word in medical care, drug research, and public services. I am not saying they have enough now, but a path for them to become a big 10 by making stuff like Crash Cart non-profitable by securing exclusivity contracts for example and ramping up their biotech research to become a weird hybrid of Ares, Shaiwase, and Aztechnology isn't outside the realm of possibility.

I don't think it would be supremely interested to have a big 10 corp that mostly runs ambulances the runners are supposed to feel are neutral, power lines, and firefighting companies, but I could see that being a way to do it.
>>
We had a discussion in a Discord server with some people from these threads about how DocWagon shouldn't be a thing Runners use.

How much sense does it actually make to pay one corp to come resuscitate you while you're running against another corp. And what if the corp you're doing a run on is a DocWagon subsidiary and you trigger a DocWagon to your location?

Doesn't it make more sense for runners to use a black market alternative?
>>
>>54507355
Nope, sorry.

The mods really don't talk between each other that much. There isn't a need because its a laid back sub.

Its also not an official boycott. Bamce didn't talk to anyone and that is his prerogative because its just his feelings on the matter.
>>
>>54507008
This trailer is making me super excited for the movie
>>
>>54506630
>a book about hooding

As the team moralfag karate adept, this intrigues me
>>
>>54507415
I personally treat DocWagon basically as "life insurance in general" and a bit of a relic of 90s cyberpunk. Though desu, I rarely see runners pick a contract up.
>>
>>54507415

You need to deeply internalize how the setting is set up to favor punks. Corps don't like sharing data, and even if they did the runners aren't 'worth' going after in the corp's mind, which is likely an act of self delusion.

That said I have not seen any PC in an age and a half take DocWagon because most runs are on corp soil and thus its basically worthless. The time it takes to come in is intense too. The lancers are aware of this which is why the fact that DocWagon basically gives you access to the Swiss Banking equivalent of medical services is being played up.
>>
>>54507415
Yes and no. DocWagon can be assumed to be above the law as an extraterritorial entity, and by fiat they've made a reputation for reliability. If you'd rather pay for a less established service that could basically amount to inflating your team count as far as the blues are concerned, that's a strategic decision on your part.
>>
File: oni_valentine.jpg (304KB, 875x1021px) Image search: [Google]
oni_valentine.jpg
304KB, 875x1021px
>>54506878
>>
>>54507455
Really? I honestly always get one because otherwise I've got like 100000 nuyen left over
>>
>>54507201
>Obviously not with AIs, just Autosofts of varying degrees
Decent Pilot programs are virtually AIs already.
>>
File: SINless Runner Goes Shopping.jpg (129KB, 600x1336px) Image search: [Google]
SINless Runner Goes Shopping.jpg
129KB, 600x1336px
>>54507384
>>54507201
>Androids as stall vendors, accountants and lobby greeters

There was a neat thing in Friends at the Table in their Counter/WEIGHT game about that, with avatars for a convenience store. People would basically upload simple personalities based on them that could appear as the customer service reps for that store, which were voted up or down by the public at large. Shoppers could pick a favourite person (or a cast of them) who would always be there when they went shopping. So you could walk into a store on one side of the world and see Steve, chat for a minute while the store 3d-prints you a new comb, then get on a plane to the other side of the world, walk into a completely different storefront, and have Steve ask you if the comb worked out OK.

An idea I really like and happily stole. Plus it gels well with canon stuff like Neo, the NeoNET agent who is always there on their grid to help you if you need it, and 'help' you if it looks like you're up to something shady.
>>
File: silent, horrified disgust.jpg (24KB, 210x334px) Image search: [Google]
silent, horrified disgust.jpg
24KB, 210x334px
>>54507492
>100000 nuyen left over
>>
>>54507384
I like your gist.

In my round I regularly use 2050s tech in some less-rich neighborhoods. Fucked-up, taped-over trid-projectors are almost a meme at my table since I enjoy letting the players know that this rather amazing tech we in the real world can only dream off has now become rather commonplace and "classic" for most people.

I'd like to do the same with Andrones at some point. The local off-brand Stuffer shack may have an old "torso only" Robot behind the counter with a metallic voice and two different eye colors due to lack of replacement parts while the AzDonalds down the street that opened not two months ago has holo-greeters at the entrance and almost human-looking androids behind the counter to take your order.

>>54507455
In the deaf-guys discord group we discussed having "Runner insurance" instead of Docwaggon contracts tied to your (fake) SIN as a replacement for the never-used DocWaggon contracts. It's pretty much a per-run contract with a specialised extraction team of runners that want some advance payment and some additional payment if they are called. Depending on your reputation, the advance payment may be lower and they may not check your pockets for credsticks before reviving you and they can also just tell you "no" on extremely dangerous runs or tell you "We'll get you out until this point and no further" - offers a lot more variability to the shitty DocWaggon contracts that you lose once you ditch a SIN.
>>
>>54507492
W-w-...

How the hell do you have 100,000 left over?

Its easy to spend 450,000 nuyen on a MAGE.
>>
>>54507516
I mean from the gen pool
>>
File: DocWagon Team.jpg (150KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
DocWagon Team.jpg
150KB, 1024x640px
>>54507462
>most runs are on corp soil and thus its basically worthless.

DocWagon doesn't violate extraterritoriality when it picks up people down on another corp's turf, because they have deals in place allowing them access. The book DocWagon 19 has a bit where the characters do just that.
>>
>>54507531
>Its easy to spend 450,000 nuyen on a MAGE.
>Good luck catching me I'm hiding behind 9000 focis
>>
>>54507542
The idea that Doc Wagon won't violate extraterritoriality is such a critical lore aspect it serves as filler fiction in Augmentation, where two docwagon workers argue about a dying guy literally 2 feet from them they can't pick up.
>>
>>54507519
There is the opening of Count Zero, where the Black Trenchcoat super-cool Operator guy gets stitched up with cloned organs and cosmetic surgery after being blown to bits by a guided missile after a run. Gibson was talking about he was lucky he had a good agent to get a contract that included complete body replacement, and I liked that idea.
>>
>>54507542
I'm not really buying that extracting criminals from another corp's turf, potentially while under fire from said corp, isn't violating extraterritoriality.
>>
>>54507498
Except they get confused when commands overlap and can't evolve, which is just the way I like em.

>>54507532
Do you have a car? Armor? Ammunition? A Maglock picker/Card copier/the standard stuff? What the fuck are you playing that you have that much cash left over?

>>54507542
Even if that's true, their contract sure as hell won't allow them to shoot at Azzie security to get their "client" out of there.
>>
>>54507542
That's why you drag your critically injured teammate out of corporate territory before the DocWagon finds you. Or let it trail behind as you escape and chuck the guy at them once you're all out.
>>
>>54507587
>their contract sure as hell won't allow them to shoot
Pay for a better contract
>>
>>54507581
>It's cool guys, let DocWaggon pick up those three guys that just broke into our facility and shot Steve
>We have a contract with them

Yeah, that's retarded as shit.
>>
Your character decides to quit shadowrunning. What do they do for a living afterward?
>>
>>54507617
He is talking out his posterior.

Not going on corporate turf is literally one of the most important aspects of Docwagon to prevent them from being your runner team taxi.

>>54507631
Public speaking at Defcon 2079, duh.
>>
>>54507587
A drone with Pilot 6 rolls 12 dice to adapt, reconcile conflicting orders, and creatively and strategically approach problems. They average 4 hits, or can just buy 3. As Pilot grows, the line between just being a well-programmed non-person and a sapient being gets very, very blurry.
>>
>>54507607
Even at Ultra-Platinum Five Star Executive First Class it would break the lore for one corp to shoot up the security of another corp and get away with it.

>>54507631
Starve
>>
>>54507631
The same thing they did before running (Being a mage at an upscale beauty salon/spa), but definitely without the megacorp employment part. Actually, it would probably need to be restructured as an underground business, and thus become a lot... lewder.
>>
>>54507651
Now that you did the math for me, I think I may have my Rigger uninstall the pilot 6 from his bear-buddy. Don't want him to go all DEUS on me one day.
>>
>>54507631
Freelance security consultant - teaching security design, combat tactics, and martial arts to the next generation of disposable corporate goons. He's all about the idea of using your life of crime as a resume for high-level corporate security work.
>>
>>54507631
>What do they do for a living afterward?
Works for anti-humanis terrorists, leaving signature baguette shaped explosives all across Europe. Shadowrunning was always a part-time job.

Viva la revolucion!
//Nighthawk
>>
>>54507684
Oh bother.
>>
>>54507587
>Except they get confused when commands overlap and can't evolve, which is just the way I like em.
Stay current, omae. That's the shit pilot programs. Rating 1 or 2, perhaps. I'm talking about the good ones. They learn, show preference, and at the top end can be compared to adult metahumans.
>>
>>54507671
pimping hoes huh
>>
>>54507651
That gets doubly true when a Pilot 6 is also running a 100 nuyen personality software for easier verbal interfacing.
>>
File: DocWagon Cards.png (162KB, 600x265px) Image search: [Google]
DocWagon Cards.png
162KB, 600x265px
>>54507560
>>54507581
>>54507587
>Takeshi coughs lightly and the boy shrugs a little, looking abashed. “I manage all of the communication, get corporate permission to fulfill contracts, track down schematics. Stuff like that.”
>“Corporate permissions?”
>SIMaeon lounges in mid-air. “Yeah. DocWagon doesn’t respond to calls on corporate property without permission. But we have blanket permission for some places on file while others I have to call. It’s a thing.”
>Takeshi grimaces then looks at Odder. “Status of the client?”
>“Shattered leg—tibia. Rapid heartbeat.” Odder’s voice is calm and professional. “Stable for the moment.”
>“Permission to access?” When SIMaeon doesn’t immediately answer, Takeshi repeats himself. “SIMaeon, permission to access?”
>“Working on it. The Salish-Shidhe are working through their chain of command.”
>Takeshi and Odder exchange an entire conversation in a glance and a nod. He seems to be telling her it will be all right.
>“Pardon, what happens if Gaeatronics doesn’t give permission?” Simone looks from Odder to Takeshi.
>Odder is the one that answers. “With a Super-Platinum, we go in anyway, and we expect resistance from both whomever is attacking the client and Gaeatronics’ security force.”

From DocWagon 19 (phrasing is weird because this is from an expose made by a reporter tagging along with the team). When they do eventually get permission, they tag Gaeatronics security and employees as friendly, and everyone else as enemies. I don't know why you guys would be surprised at the idea that a corp would break the law if they were offered enough money, though.

As >>54507602 points out, generally easier to drag people out, but sometimes that's not an option. In that case, DocWagon has a system in place about whether you're worth the trouble to rescue.
>>
File: just a box.jpg (232KB, 982x1015px) Image search: [Google]
just a box.jpg
232KB, 982x1015px
>>54507701
But can they love
>>
>>54507705
They'd be very well done up hoes. Perfect makeup, perfect healthy skin and eyes, no wrinkles or bags, and a solid pep in their step.
>>
I've always found that hacking minigames were silly and not like real hacking and that they miss the essential real-life elements of hacking.

As a hacker this is the kind of cool and inspiring stuff that I appreciate

https://www.wired.com/story/smart-gun-fire-magnets

Thinking about ideas for applying this to games maybe hacking should focus on bugs rather than hacking minigames? In other words, when you roll a hacking roll you successfully deduce a few bugs in the machine.
>>
>>54507631
Run a dojo for shadowrunners or anyone looking to learn how to punch a fucker in the face. Being the lecher that he is, he'd feel up his most attractive students while beating their ass.
>>
File: CEO_Jameson.png (388KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
CEO_Jameson.png
388KB, 900x506px
>>54507727
>>
>>54507725
>“With a Super-Platinum, we go in anyway, and we expect resistance from both whomever is attacking the client and Gaeatronics’ security force.”

See up until this point it was making a lot of sense.

>I don't know why you guys would be surprised at the idea that a corp would break the law if they were offered enough money, though.

Because breaking the law openly against another corp is like bombing a neighbouring country. And the Corporate Court will slam you back to the great depression if you try it. That's why it doesn't make a lick of sense.
>>
>>54506840
Yes?
>>
>>54507766
Dedicated family man. I respect CEO Jameson.
>>
>>54506805
>written by Max Landis
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here
>>
File: 1498078386389.jpg (114KB, 600x914px) Image search: [Google]
1498078386389.jpg
114KB, 600x914px
>>54507719
>>54507696
>Be me
>Roll Rigger
>Antipathy negative quality, Assburgers are delicious
>Story involves his only true friend from childhood being the animatronic bear he got for his birth
>Starts tinkering
>Develops a knack for machines
>This goes on into adulthood
>Has two main drones "Mama" and "Papa"
>"Papa" is a stealthy MCT-fly spy because daddy was never there
>"Mama" is an MCT Roto-Drone with a Fichetti Pain Inducer because "Mommy got drunk sometimes"
>His bear "Knut" is still with him, stiched up a million times over
>Install Pilot 6, Personality "Knut"
>GM is having fun with him, he picked up a bit of Pirate Jargon from another Character
>Read this thread
>Realise what I have done
>>
>>54506878
So you're on the cover of Shadow Spells then?
>>
>>54507827
Had to look it up. That's a troll and this is a boner.
>>
File: DocWagon.jpg (60KB, 705x420px) Image search: [Google]
DocWagon.jpg
60KB, 705x420px
>>54507771
And legally, DocWagon has a duty to go and get their clients the service they paid for, which is their argument if it was brought up before the Corporate Court. But it doesn't get to that stage, because once DocWagon has whoever in the van, the other corp starts filing extradition paperwork. The law gets bent, but not to the point where the CC would try to destroy them over it, or where the other corp would start an intercorporate war over it. After all, DocWagon's job ends once emergency medical care is given. If Gaeatronics can say that they'll give appropriate care to this alleged criminal, and has the paperwork to bring him back to stand trial, DW has no reason to keep a hold of the runner. Contract fulfilled, everyone walks away happy (or in the runner's case, alive for the time being, which is like being happy).
>>
>>54507725
>I don't know why you guys would be surprised at the idea that a corp would break the law if they were offered enough money, though.
Because the whole reason we play Shadowrunners is that corps are explicitly not allowed to act in any agressive manner towards each other legally? Because "The law" is no longer made by countries but by Corps themselves? Because DocWaggon even risking pissing off the golden dildo, the free spirit murderghost, the immortal princes or anyone else at that level of power is not something you should be able to pay them for?
>>
>>54507824
>Realise what I have done
... Create a pilot program that will learn, but won't grow beyond being a pilot program?
>>
>>54507851
Horns doesn't automatically mean troll anymore going by the Trog book after all :^)
>>
>>54507876
>corps are explicitly not allowed to act in any agressive manner towards each other legally?
Overtly. They still have elite special forces, whose main job description is infiltrate enemy lines and destroy.
>>
>>54507915
There's also the Japanacorps who follow the doctrine to act as a single closed front outside of Japan to reduce the influence of foreign corps.
>>
>>54507886
>Mirage was a Firewall
>Deus was a building management autosoft
>Megaera was a Knowsoft
>>
>>54507824
At least you didn't teach it to play baseball.
>>
>>54507929
At least we know APEX apparently isn't out there posing as Clockwork cause according to the trog book he knows jack shit about software and computers.
>>
>>54507765
Do you think they'd return after getting groped?
>>
>>54507915
"Infiltrate" and "call ahead, anounce your presence and wear blue jumpers with your company name on them" are two different things. Subtle differences, I know.

>>54507858
>If Gaeatronics can say that they'll give appropriate care to this alleged criminal, and has the paperwork to bring him back to stand trial, DW has no reason to keep a hold of the runner.
So, even in your version you are paying a ton of money just to be extradited back to the corp you just fucked over after being patched back together? Great.
>>
>>54507929
>Mirage was a Firewall
That reminds me, you guys should play Open Sourcery. Visual novel where you play as a magic firewall. Pretty neat.
>>
>>54507943
Why? D-does teaching him how to play and be a croupier for Baccarat change anything?
>>
>>54507858
>The law gets bent, but not to the point where the CC would try to destroy them over it, or where the other corp would start an intercorporate war over it.
See I can tell they have an explanation for how it works, it just doesn't make sense with the rest of the world as it's set up. You barge in on another corp's territory to extract people they want. If they send out an armed response towards you (which is logical if you send in armed guards to open fire on their turf) you're already past just extracting your target. And if you keep pushing it, they have the right to open fire on you, since you're breaking their laws.

Now if this ends in casualties, that's one corp attacking and killing another corps citizens. Which means they'll want blood. You'd think the corporate court has something to say about that.
>>
>>54507858
>>54507973
I'm going to assume that as soon as you're healthy you hulk out of the care facility and disappear into the night. DW will just shrug with regards to extradition while whoever wants your ass is gnashing their teeth over "those meddling runners"
>>
>>54508043
That's the most expensive piece of shit service you could ever pay for that also breaks the lore.
>>
>>54507929
>with direct line to hardware entirely unlike anything a single drone can access, let alone manage
Don't BS the situation into something it isn't.
>>
>>54507973
>So, even in your version
Sadly as he has given sources it seems this is CGLs version. The problem we're discussing is that they contradict themselves so hard that the only thing that makes sense is to retcon it hard.
>>
>>54507973
>"Infiltrate" and "call ahead, anounce your presence and wear blue jumpers with your company name on them"
Yes, they are different. Good on you for noticing.

Elite. Special. Forces.

Not mall security.
>>
>>54507876
>corps are explicitly not allowed to act in any agressive manner towards each other legally?
>> a corp would break the law

Reading comprehension is hard. And if you think that the highest levels of management are going to be bothered by something as petty as someone who did something that mildly annoyed them being unavailable for a couple of hours while extradition paperwork is filed by an underling, you have no idea what's going on. Unless the injured client is literally in Lofwyr's bedroom, he's not going to know that DocWagon was involved until he's looking at the interrogation report and notes the chain of custody.

>>54507973
Not my version, in the canon as presented with citations. You are paying for a contract so you don't get shot to death and bleed out in the parking lot. Sure, you can get tossed right back to them... unless the fact that you have 100,000 nuyen a year to spend on the contract indicates that you have some well-placed and motivated friends who might do something that 'raid' the hospital and steal you away.

>>54508014
At which point DocWagon and the other corp settle it legally. DocWagon has rights and responsibilities, so does the other corp. DocWagon sets the price for customers at an additional 20,000 per DW corpse, which means that death duties are negotiable between the two corps. There's haggling and a deal made. Dragging DW in front of the CC to say, "He started it!" is a waste of time and, far more importantly, money.

>>54508055
Sorry the lore isn't your headcanon, anon.
>>
Fun fact: The new book will be in the boxes in about... let's call it ten minutes? Yeah, that sounds right.
>>
>>54508113
What a shame. Someone should have flushed.
>>
File: 1390015043421.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1390015043421.png
19KB, 291x317px
>>54508091
>Elite. Special. Forces.
They have to be some elite special retards if they think that rolling in after asking for permission, opening fire on the corp they asked for permission, is considered infiltration.

But hey maybe it's just a big coincidence.
>>
>>54508131
No one used the word covert.
>>
>>54508123
I have no idea what that means but I'll assume it means the new book is shit. Well, either way, it goes in the box.
>>
>>54508157
>I have no idea what that means but I'll assume it means the new book is shit
Maybe Bright wasn't the only thing written by Max Landis
>>
>>54508131
Ok, champ. You keep talking about whatever. I'll just be here if you ever decide to get onto the same topic diverge you're replying to.
>>
>>54508157
You assume correctly. "Dumpsterfire" is the word I'd use to describe it.
>>
>>54508098
>And if you think that the highest levels of management are going to be bothered by something as petty as
Another corp attacking them openly and illegaly? I'm pretty sure every major corp has a legal division that works on exactly these sorts of things that would be contacted and start compiling a case as soon as it happens. Lofwyr doesn't need to slam his fist in the table and summon the corporate court himself for it anything to happen.
>>
>>54508060
How does a drone not have that? Last I checked my drones can autonomously use their hardware to navigate, access attached weaponry and gear, recognise targets and act accordingly as well. When do I have to get ready for my GM starting the wild ride?

>>54508148
>Infiltrate
>Not covert
I infiltrated your mom uncovertly yesterday, Drekhead.
>>
>>54507969
Of course they would. At that point, I would've already taught them how to kick enough ass to take small jobs.
>>
File: infailtrate.png (16KB, 580x281px) Image search: [Google]
infailtrate.png
16KB, 580x281px
>>54508209
The word infiltrate isn't as closely connected with necessary covertness as you might think it is. There is such a thing as overt infiltration.
>>
>>54508157
There is some salt about certain qualities, and some dumb as shit tusk grills.

I'm mostly annoyed that the opening story mentions the troll has his horns shaved down, and the picture (which is clearly a scene from the story) is this bullshit. Ghost damn it, it's a fashion choice that's mentioned repeatedly, and there's no good art of it that isn't literally Hellboy.
>>
>>54508241
The knowledge skills on the shadowtalkers are the real joke.

Butch has no knowledge of Anatomy and Bull is probably the biggest expert on Insect Spirits (as a non-awakened) after Harlequin.
>>
File: Lies.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Lies.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>54508207
So are you just going to ignore the part of the post about the legal repercussions and the fact that paperwork being filed and a case going before the Corporate Court are two entirely separate things? OK.
>>
>>54508257
CGL has never been able to into character design, though. They can't theorycraft for shit.
>>
>>54508283
Snopes literally ONLY knows Conspiracy shit, and no actual facts. Clockwork knows nothing about software and computers.
>>
>>54508182
Hey, I like the look of Bright. It's probably gonna be hot garbage, but it looks like it'll be just that right heat to make a nice comfy bed.

>>54508197
Oh boy, another quality CGL production.

>>54508241
Considering the rest of CGL's productions have some truly attrocious art on them, the one little inconsistency isn't that bad. Of course, the tusk grills and the qualities, now that I can see some anger about.
>>
>>54508266
Oh yeah know that point was made clear. I just don't quite get why you started making it out like the top brass need to be directly involved for anything of importance to happen.
What I'm saying is that it doesn't take Lofwyr to get involved for the case to make it to a level of importance, because in your opinion it seems like the murder of another corps citizens systematically (for the right fee) is paperwork.

That shit would fly maybe once or twice, but offering an (il)legal service to people for you to do it on demand would definately get the Court smackdown very quickly. That's why the whole "DocWagon for Runners" doesn't make sense.
>>
>>54508375
All this shit is so much easier at Mitsuhama.
>>
File: DocWagon.png (16KB, 287x42px) Image search: [Google]
DocWagon.png
16KB, 287x42px
>>54508266
Nah, he's saying that overt agression by an AA against an AAA is not something that would disappear this lightly since the lore of Shadowrun clearly states that the whole reason we as Shadowrunners are being hired (For a lot more money than DocWagon) is that Corps are not to engage in open agression against each other.

Apart from that, pic related from the current edition also contradicts that older lore you posted.

In the end everyone can deal with DocWagon as they like at their table. I for one have completely replaced them with runner extraction teams as stated here >>54507519
both due to lore reasons and the fact that DocWagon contracts are SIN-bound and I like to ditch SIN's and replace them about as often as the other players at my table.
>>
File: c287b5e6d9d.jpg (205KB, 459x645px) Image search: [Google]
c287b5e6d9d.jpg
205KB, 459x645px
>>54508433
How so?
>>
>>54508447
Zero Zone.
>>
Hey GMs, what sort of devices do you typically having run silent? Like, of course a security console would be silent, but would something like security cameras in an apartment complex be running silent?
>>
>>54508434
>I like to ditch SIN's and replace them about as often as the other players at my table.

Oh geez, in all my characters through question how valuable DocWagon would actually be I never even thought about that part.
That makes holding a contract a bit difficult.
>>
>>54508472
According to the Genesis game they respond to whoever has the bracelet as long as its prepaid.
>>
>>54508209
>How does a drone not have that?
It's an order of magnitude less advanced and powerful than the bullshit hardware that produced either of your three examples.

Corps changed the way they do things to prevent the accumulation of processing power that would result in more god level AI emerging spontaneously, and restrict metasapient / xenosapient growth.
>>
File: 1500689475903.jpg (448KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500689475903.jpg
448KB, 1920x960px
>>
>>54508493
Good to know. I was a bit afraid for a moment there that my GM may well use my group-beloved Teddybear to fuck us over.

>>54508499
Wait, did the great Djihad happen before or after the awakening? I'm a bit fuzzy on early history.
>>
File: 1500691994403.jpg (219KB, 1827x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1500691994403.jpg
219KB, 1827x1058px
>>54508540
>>
>>54508499
Jihad happened in the 30s I think. Since everything europe related is a bit fuzzy I'm not super certain of this, but I think I've seen it counted towards the EuroWars in history terms.
>>
>>54508540
>>54508559
Quoted wrong person.
>>
>>54508559
>No Eurowar lore
>No Japan sourcebook
>No Technomancer tome
>Hey guys look at my tusk antenna!
>>
>>54508375
>>54508434
Your pic is in fact mentioned and expounded upon in the story, even in the bit that's quoted itt. You guys would have a much better time understanding what the situation is if you bothered to read it.

DW doesn't want to send the team in. They call the corp and say that a DW contract holder is injured in their territory, and ask for permission (this is in many cases an automated system and exchanging formal requests and approvals, so it's all on file). When the process takes a while, the team checks that the client isn't immediately dying, and if they aren't they wait for permission. It's only in the case where a Super-Platinum (the most expensive possible service) is in immediately danger of death, and the corp doesn't grant permission to treat them (unlikely, except in the case where it's literally a shadowrunner in the middle of a run), that the DW team goes in without permission.

In which case they go in, grab the client as quickly as possible, and haul ass out of there. They aren't dicking around and racking up a body count for kicks - they literally come in, grab the client (whose exact location is known thanks to implanted trackers), and burn rubber. They don't fire first, they don't try and murder every guard and down every drone who might get in the way - if the Gaeatronics guys don't get permission themselves to fire on this crew that is broadcasting on every channel that they are DocWagon, citizens of a AA corp, on legal business to fulfill a contract, then it ends without a shot.

In the process of operating a legal, successful, and widespread business, on very rare occasions there are instances where a team acts outside their official jurisdiction. At which point the legal department of DocWagon sends the equivalent of a 'Sorry' card, and appropriate compensation is worked out. It's like you guys never read any stories about Lone Star getting in trouble for hot pursuiting into the wrong place.
>>
File: RMYT.png (93KB, 544x756px) Image search: [Google]
RMYT.png
93KB, 544x756px
>>54508574
>>
>>54507631
Working as a waiter in a hotel which is also an underground Shadowrunner safehouse due to a lot of leftover debts.
>>
File: Breaking news.png (233KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking news.png
233KB, 480x270px
>>54508574
>Hey guys look at my tusk antenna!
Something something fisting Eiger with a pixie technomancer with a tusk antenna copypasta
>>
>>54508574
Wait what. There is not a fucking japanese book? What the fuck is wrong with this fucking company?!
>>
>>54508604
But then is it really still fisting?
>>
>>54508613
I don't know if the Japs wrote their own sourcebook like the Krauts did. FASA never gave Japan a full book either, iirc; it's always been given lots of space in stuff like Year of the Comet and Shadows of Asia.
>>
>>54508613
Managerial incompetence.

It isn't even the company that is taking things down hill. You hear about freelancers getting ready to write a really awesome book and then it gets canned by someone only 1-2 steps up the chain. And then there was the bit with howling shadows where *someone* completely destroyed all mechanics to buy animals because they felt like having to catch dogs like they were pokemon was interesting.
>>
>>54508574
I always kinda wished there was a CAS sourcebook. Instead all I ever got was blurbs spanning a few pages.
>>
>>54508601
So, Charon from John Wick?
>>
File: Critters 5e.png (92KB, 633x641px) Image search: [Google]
Critters 5e.png
92KB, 633x641px
>>54508677
>And then there was the bit with howling shadows where *someone* completely destroyed all mechanics to buy animals because they felt like having to catch dogs like they were pokemon was interesting.

Not exactly. Hardy, the line editor, didn't like the idea that critters would be easily accessible (which they would be if they had a pricing list). It's possible he was only worried about people having paracritters and accidentally the whole thing.
>>
>>54508574
>>54508613
>>54508660
>>54508701
But this is all just for 5th, right? Surely some of the older editions have books about Japan and the CAS and stuff. Right?
>>
>>54508604
>with a tusk antenna
While streaming to youtube with pixel perfect clarity due to her tusk antenna.
>>
>>54508597
Okay there's a fundamental problem in that scenario though. The fact that DocWagon has written up a legally binding document that says they're going to save you no matter what does NOT equate to it being legal business to do so, since it breaks the law of ET.

The other Corp has no reason to place whatever legal bindings DocWagon has put themselves in over the actual law. To them it's armed forces entering after being denied permission. The reasonable thing to do when armed forces from another corp (or nation) enters your borders without permission is to apprehend them, and if they don't comply you neutralize them.

There is no way it doesn't end in a firefight as the law is already on the defending corps side the moment DocWagon enters their turf. At this point it's too late for 'Sorry' cards.

Saying "I had a contract with the target" more likely make the other AA and AAA corps re-evaluate your right to sign such contracts so you don't pull the same stunt on them in the future.
>>
>>54508767

>Not exactly. Hardy, the line editor, didn't like the idea that critters would be easily accessible (which they would be if they had a pricing list). It's possible he was only worried about people having paracritters and accidentally the whole thing.

Mind you, Paracritters are something that people DO just buy. Corps use Hellhounds and Gargoyles all the time and a Pegasus is a popular pet among the very rich. If power armour has an availability, Paracritters really should.
>>
>>54508642
If you fist Eiger while holding the Pixie in your clenched fist, I'd say it counts.
>>
>>54508767
The fact there are rules that base themselves off critter prices that don't exist lends a strong feeling this might be a, "Shit, CYA!" situation.
>>
>>54508767
No, he said flat out it was about the whole thing and furthermore paracritters aren't even good and are 100% for sale in universe anyway.

A hellhound shouldn't be harder to get than URANIUM AMMO.
>>
Why is there no cybermod for fully reworked cardiovascular system?
The closest we get is a synthetic heart, and we can make a LOT more improvements than that.
Like multiple redundant heats with emergency shutoffs in case of damage, enhanced oxygen uptake, and basically pumping a person with organic rocket fuel.

Literally every function in your body is improved by getting better blood in there.
>>
>>54508767
Hardy famously said you couldn't buy a mundane animal but you could buy a Thunderstruck Gauss rifle because Thunderstruck Gauss Rifles don't breed in the wild and therefore there is a market for them.

It was deliberate, and stupid.
>>
>>54508767
I mean as long as there's the possibility for you to go out and catch it, that means there's a market for people to catch in and sell to you for money. Sounds more like a lazy excuse.
>>
>>54508785
Read >>54508660

People like to shit on CGL, and sometimes they are right to do so, but a lot of the time it's just the way things are. FASA wrote some sourcebooks for continents in 3e, CGL did the Sixth World Almanac in 4e, but a dedicated book just for a single country is rare.

I remember back in 2e; the GM had a book on the UK, and another on the NAN (which was really a book on several different countries) from 1e, and a couple of the Target books, we heard rumours about a book on Germany, and otherwise it was pulling scraps out of Shadowbeat and other setting supplementals. At least now there's enough for a general global picture.
>>
>>54508857
You've got my attention. Start homebrewing up some stats and writing the fluff.
>>
>>54508870

It's mostly 'People are liking what I don't like'. Like how most weird options have a rarity tax.
>>
Do you think you could physically fuck a dragon well enough to get them to mellow out?
>>
>>54508857
FUEL INJECTION ACTION FROM FEMUR TO MY COLLAR BONE
>>
>>54508916
It already happened canonically. One of the great dragons literally just goes to orgies and club-hops.
>>
>>54508857
Symbiotes introduced into your bloodstream to increase healing. I'd say the Suprathyroid gland also counts.

On top of that there are a few genetech options, and I won't say for sure before reading up on it again now, but nanomachines probably diddle around in your bloodstream.
>>
File: SU2.png (7KB, 396x165px) Image search: [Google]
SU2.png
7KB, 396x165px
Okay, I made the Victorinox Matterhorn.

Chose the company since it seemed weird to me that they only have the best axe in the game associated with them right now.

It comes with:
>Armor 2
>Grapple Gun (Rope sold separately)
>Two Foot Anchors
>An Enhanced Winch to pull up your shit
>Extreme Environment Modification

Since I really liked yekkas idea here
>>54506876
to make a simple rule that favors using Exosuits for their intended purpose, so I'll work out the details tomorrow on how to implement it. For the time being, this suit allows normal use of any skill in the athletics skill group and all other actions are penalized by one step (free becomes standard, standard becomes complex, complex becomes extended)
>>
>>54508935
Holy shit, who are they?
>>
>>54506547
>>54506418
does anyone actually have a source for the OP? Or is this something that's gonna bug me for the rest of time?
>>
>>54508902
Man, where do I start.
It'd involve at -least- work on bone marrow and the spleen, in addition to at least one additional primary motivator pump for blood.
It'd probably have to be a high essence cost too, since it is literally replacing your cardiovascular system. Which could have numerous advantages, from the ability to just never bleed out due to automated shutoffs to massively improved endurance, speed, and strength.

And that's before you get into stuff like having a store of hyperoxygenated blood to release along with an adrenal spike to make you a fucking amped up superspeeder.
>>
>>54508945
I just want a fucking spider-tank exosuit style thing. Like three sizes, a smallish one for rigging, a medium sized one for riding in, and a large one for balls-out operations.
>>
>>54508951
Perianwyr. He doesn't participate in dragon politics. He just shows up to clubs in human disguise and gets blasted. He also owns a club and music label himself.
>>
>>54506596
>Complete Trig

You mean 'total triangles'?
>>
>>54508945
>>Extreme Environment Modification
Specify what environment (I imagine cold).

Also, how is damage going to work? Is this thing treated like an item that can be damaged, or like armour? If the latter, how does stacking work? Can you fit FBA under it? What's the cutoff? Figuring out the armour rules is going to be important, especially if things are swinging between 2 and 11.
>>
>>54509001
He sounds like my kind of guy.
>>
>>54508857
P4M0 with Natural Immunity: P4M0, plus a few actual augs to round it out.
>>
File: Dragon Picture.jpg (189KB, 1500x808px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Picture.jpg
189KB, 1500x808px
>>54509001
>Perianwyr. He doesn't participate in dragon politics

laughingdracoforms.trid

Don't forget Mr. Coolguy McScales used to pal around with Aztechnology's premier assassin before an unfortunate 'plane accident' killed the mortal, not to mention his run-ins with Ghostwalker. No dragon avoids their politics, some are just better at hiding it.
>>
>>54509055
Do not fuck the party dragon
>>
>>54509000
You willing to pay for it? Look at the prices I set up for these basic ones, stuff ain't cheap and once I'm done with the first batch I'll make it clear in the PDF that they won't be easy to modify properly (Leading to copsuits being used by gangs as really fucked up Thunderdome style shit).

The first, very basic Milspec suit rolls in at 33.650 Y for example

>>54509035
Yeah, it'll be Alpine cold for obvious reasons. It's the rich kids Climbing Gear.

As far as damage is concerned I guess I'll have it be damaged like armor for the commercial ones and like vehicles for the specialist and military ones, but I'm open to suggestions.

Armor stacking I've already decided unless someone can convince me otherwise: It won't stack with normal armor due to requiring tight contact with the user. Special clothing is optimal, but rules-wise normal clothing won't affect it to keep it as rules-light as possible. This rule will also apply to the higher grades of exosuits, making them a definite specialist item.

The original goal was not to create "Super-armor" to buy for players, but to
>Have a bit more set-dressing for specific locations
>Have something the GM can throw at players when they're stuck on a run
>Find a way to implement more rarely bought gear, cyberware and vehicle mods into the game without fucking over NPC effectiveness
>>
>>54509109
I'mma fuck it.
>>
>>54507076
Maersk is a cool AA that is underappreciated in SR, problem is legal troubles because Maersk exists in real life, they might sue CGL if they make em one of the big 10
>>
File: TrustworthyDragons.png (480KB, 1208x387px) Image search: [Google]
TrustworthyDragons.png
480KB, 1208x387px
>>54509077
>No dragon avoids their politics, some are just better at hiding it
Yup. Even Dunk was planning to turn humanity into front line cannon fodder for the war against the horrors.
>>
>>54509077
lay off the poor scaly, he lost his boyfriend
>>
File: captainchaos.jpg (79KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
captainchaos.jpg
79KB, 800x545px
>>54509165
Wasn't it also trying to turn the whole world into drakes? That was a wacky theory.
>>
>>54509122
>I'm open to suggestions.

Whatever you do, unify it across all the suits. Nobody wants a homebrew that is as disjointed as the regular books.

And what counts as 'regular clothing'? Can I wear armour clothing from core? What about ballistic vests or an Urban Explorer Jumpsuit? How about one of the many suits that look like normal clothing, but have ballistic weave? Can I put on a helmet if there's a space for a datajack, or the jack comes out from somewhere else? If there's going to be special clothing, why would you get it instead of other clothes? Can I use the suit if I'm a troll? An orc? A human with dermal plating and hueg muscle replacements, wearing bog-standard polyester clothing but lined with gel packs?

SR is dangerous business; armour is going to be a big question. I agree with the principles of not making them Iron Legion suits, but people will want to know how to protect themselves while they are inside.
>>
How do I make drones NOT a worthless money sink?
>>
>>54509339
Use them?!?!?
>>
>>54509263
And what counts as 'regular clothing'?
Anything without an armor value. Think of it like a full-body trode net combined with a full-body biofeedback glove

>Datajack
Obsructed unless otherwise mentioned

>If there's going to be special clothing, why would you get it instead of other clothes?
They come with a purchase. Most of these are work gear, so they come with everything needed to work in them.

>Can I use the suit if I'm a troll? An orc?
Normal adjustment rules apply, just as with any form of armor in sr5. Everything can be bought to fit your metatype, but a Troll can't use a human-sized exosuit and vice-versa. Same with Dwarves and Orks. Elves are fine except for being fags.

>A human with dermal plating and hueg muscle replacements, wearing bog-standard polyester clothing but lined with gel packs?

Making a special rule for this sounds counterproductive. GM has final say, but I personally would allow it.

>but people will want to know how to protect themselves while they are inside.
Either get some real armor or hope you don't get shot at while walking around in what is essentialy the suit version of a Forklift
>>
File: Jews.jpg (126KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
Jews.jpg
126KB, 888x499px
>>54509382
>Elves are fine except for being fags.
Oh be nice.
>>
File: Reminder.jpg (108KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Reminder.jpg
108KB, 680x680px
>>54508807
I don't know what to tell you, man. I've explained how it is, I've given what can be assumed based on those facts. Everyone involved knows DocWagon is breaking extraterritoriality laws when it goes in to grab those clients, and yet the fact is that they do so and continue to hold a AA rating, with no mention of official sanctions from the Corporate Court. The only conclusion I can think of is that they work out some kind of punitive deal with the wronged corporations, just as explicitly happens in other cases where corps wrong each other. Paying fines is the most likely way for that to happen, and from that we can surmise that DocWagon can afford the fines in the rare cases when it comes up, and values their reputation highly enough that they will allow the fact that they go in anyways for Super-Platinums in life-threatening danger to be broadcast on this tridshow (after also making it clear that they are trying very hard to get permission).

If you don't like that explanation, fine. You're welcome to come up with your own that fits the facts, or ignore the facts entirely and write your own canon.
>>
>>54509339
>I want to use drones remotely like a normal person
Provide suppressing fire as well as damage from all the sweet exotic weapons noone uses due to needing a skill for each. Targetsofts are cheap.

Do not go full damage, get a good mix. My recommended setup for a starting Rigger is one or two MCT Roto-Drones with different weapon types, an occular drone in yer head, and a Dustoff for being your own Medevac.
>>
>>54509405
http://www.godhateselves.com/MarketPrices.pdf
>>
Quick question, can an Adrenaline Pump be wired to an Auto Injector (ware version) to not have to deal with accidental releases ?
>>
>>54509417
>ignore the facts entirely and write your own canon.
H-hey now, no one's getting paid to do this...
>>
>>54509417
I mean this whole discussion was based on how DocWagon doesn't make any sense in these Plat situations (or in a less discussed note in this thread, for someone who doesn't have a permanent SIN).

I mean you've got your sources and references and you speak from one fact established in the books. The problem is that CGL contradicts it with other facts posted and in the end you just have to make assumptions that either dissprove the functionality of DocWagon, or doesn't make much sense out of the logic with which the Megacorps work.

But at this point, neither of our canons can be considered correct since they both have contradictions made by CGL themselves. Play it how you want, but giving your own assumed explanation with some of the facts as canon, and going out condescendingly saying that anything else is a personal headcanon isn't going to make either one of us more correct.
>>
>>54509625
Not rules-wise.

Chrome Flesh has a complimentary genetics treatment called adrenaline pump optimization that makes it easier to not have it activate though.
>>
How much essence should I use on livability mods?
You know, shit that just makes your life way better, like reduced sleep.
>>
>>54509417
Except in 5E, DocWagon contracts have a clause that allows them to choose not to respond to emergency situations in other corps territory.

And other corps allow DocWagon to exist because most major execs have a DocWagon contracts.
>>
>>54507197
is it like a pink sock?
>>
>>54509699
And I bet there's no natural chemical to use with a Chemical Gland to have a similar / same effect.
>>
>>54509647
>The problem is that CGL contradicts it with other facts posted

The explicit contradiction does not exist. A tiny 4e story and 5e core provide one snippet (DocWagon doesn't go onto extraterritorial ground without permission). A 5e story published after those, with a focus on DocWagon, elaborates on that (DocWagon doesn't go onto extraterritorial ground without permission, except in very special circumstances). This is only in conflict if you hold that general trumps specific, or a line of rules is greater than 50 pages of story. The implied contradiction is that you think that corporations will defend extraterritoriality to the hilt and the ruin of DocWagon, and that the Corporate Court will back that play; I disagree, based on stuff like Lone Star hot pursuits (which got them in trouble, but didn't end the corp).
>>
File: penguins of madagascar.jpg (101KB, 795x521px) Image search: [Google]
penguins of madagascar.jpg
101KB, 795x521px
>>54507197
You plan everything out, but It's all ridiculous crap like pic related or something from MGS.
>>
>>54507631
healer of mosh pit injuries for his favorite Trog rock group / roadie.
I tend to run elven mages who have rank 9 (at least) knowledge in Trog Rock groups and a massive collection of band tee-shirts.
>>
>>54509941
Ohh. Pink Trenchcoat is the Pink Panther movies.

Or Austin Powers, or Johnny English.
>>
File: 1497304976647.jpg (45KB, 466x717px) Image search: [Google]
1497304976647.jpg
45KB, 466x717px
>>54509789
>And other corps allow DocWagon to exist because most major execs have a DocWagon contracts.
Every new explanation to why they exist as they do is even more wacky than the last.

>>54509898
>or a line of rules is greater than 50 pages of story.
A line of rules is greater than an novel written by a freelancer who literally has nothing to do with the actual worldbuilding or rule writing of Shadowrun. Yes it's published by CGL, but do you think they fact check their freelancer novels to see if they fit the rulebooks?
They wanted a story about DocWagon. They hired someone to write a story about DocWagon, they slapped their seal of approval on the story about DocWagon. And then the Rulebooks says something else. If you really feel like that's your factual high ground then I guess the rulebooks aren't your cup of tea.

>based on stuff like Lone Star hot pursuits (which got them in trouble, but didn't end the corp).
Again, difference between Lone Star cars basically going rogue (because it IS out of their jurdistiction to follow) and a corp making it a system to break corporate law to sell their product.
>>
>>54507060
So reputation and notoriety as detailed in the core book then?
>>
File: Laughter Falling.gif (3MB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
Laughter Falling.gif
3MB, 480x369px
>>54510120
>written by a freelancer who literally has nothing to do with the actual worldbuilding

>hire someone to write a story

>edit the story

>publish the story

>b-buh that's not anything to do with Shadowrun! It's not reeeeal! Nobody could possibly have read this short story to see if the core conceit disagrees with the lore!
>>
>>54510490
>Nobody could possibly have read this short story to see if the core conceit disagrees with the lore!
That does sound like CGL editing.
>>
>>54510540
At that point you're just falling down the hole of paranoia. It could just as easily be turned around to say that a writer slipped in that line in the core book about always waiting for permission because that's what they thought would happen, and the editor didn't notice it in the 500 other pages of shit.
>>
>>54510616
>>54510540
If it makes you feel better I think you both are equally ridiculous at this point.
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572KB, 1920x1920px
>>54508098
basically what this cummer is saying

Dead people are just numbers in Accounting.
If some DW HTRs accidentally snuff out a corpguy while extracting somebody, this is something that can and will be settled via Money.
Or more likely: Sorta ignored.
Getting into a pissing contest with the biggest player in health care is among the more stupid things one can do.

Its actually pretty simple.
The biggest Payers in DW are those with Platinum and Super Platinum Contracts.
Those People (rightfully) expect that DW does everything to save their asses when shit hits the fan.
Besides some Primerunners and high Profile mobsters, those contracts are held by corporate Wagers in high to very-high positions (due to the price).
The exact same wagers that are in the position to rase a fit if some fucker got extracted from their own turf.
And the exact same wagers that will happily keep it professional and not give a fuck about it, because they want DW to Keep behaving exactly like this.
The small amount of runners that actually can profit from this is a vastly insignificant number compared to the personal security each and every Exec could lose by being the guy who lost his contract with DW because he tried to drag them to court.

Really, if you want to make sure no one gets extracted from your premise, just arm your guards better so the guys are already dead when the DW team arrives.
>>
>>54510616
Yeah it would be a damn shame to say one thing must be a mistake and the other isn't. Except both 4e and 5e corebooks as well as exerpts from other books give it to us clear as day; They do not respond to calls on other corps territory without permission.
Then someone writes a novell, CGL slaps their logo on it and you think that the corebooks should be retconned accordingly? It couldn't possibly be that CGL doesn't give a damn what their freelance novelists put out anymore.

I think that the established facts from 2 editions of corebooks rates higher than a novel, but if you disagree then by all means play according to the novels.

>>54510670
I wholeheartedly agree with you. We are.
>>
>>54510749
Has anyone, you know, asked CGL about this?
>>
>>54507631
Professional chef, greenhouse owner, and marijuana cultivator. Uses magic and alchemy in his cooking.
>>
>>54510749
fringe cases aren't really a retcon and how exactly the process of getting permission is handled is also not really elaborated on.
>>
>>54506418
Any games going on?

Any games involving a bit of lewd?
>>
File: 2014-05-22_00020.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-22_00020.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>54511665
You want a party or a "party"?
>>
>>54511718
A party.

One that's fine with a little *party* sometimes.
>>
File: breast implants.png (41KB, 158x186px) Image search: [Google]
breast implants.png
41KB, 158x186px
>>54511978
Hello from F-Chat. It takes a little legwork to reach us but I assure you we're lovely people.
>>
>>54512090
H-hi. Tilde.

I'm not into F-List but I'm sure you're nice people in Shadowrun~.

I just want a Shadowrun game where lewd is allowed and happens but we still do normal stuff.
>>
>>54506418
How difficult is it to install an Invoked Memory Stimulator?

I get sudden flashbacks tangentially related to thoughts, movements, emotions I'm currently having or things I just heard or felt. It can be pretty distracting and demoralizing, sometime s to the point of making you seek out a private place to curl up or hide, though not always.

So I figure if it is a relatively unintruaive peice compared to other mind/machine interface gear executives might have it slipped into someone's purchased/provided cyberware as a way to subtly cripple or torment them.
>>
File: Don't mind me.gif (961KB, 346x259px)
Don't mind me.gif
961KB, 346x259px
>>54511665
>>54511718
>>54511978
>>54512090
>>54512106
>>
File: Not sure if want.png (65KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
Not sure if want.png
65KB, 268x200px
>>54512383
>Alternatively
>>
>>54512383
Always have, always will.
>>
>the docwagon issue

Point of order, don't other corps tolerate docwagon stepping on their toes since everyone makes use of them (or crash cart)? It's kind of a "everyone does it, everyone needs it" deniable third party thing. Like shadowrunners
>>
>>54512106
Different anon here. I dont run with them but that's basically fchat Shadowrun, when they actually have a game
>>
File: maiz.png (1MB, 1458x2000px) Image search: [Google]
maiz.png
1MB, 1458x2000px
>>54512607
No one can escape tfw no gm
>>
>>54512639
As far as I've observed as an outsider, being just a simple office lady, the /tg/Shadowrun room is actually a bit better off than the other flist communities as there are one or two dms who regularly run games, or seem to. Not regularly regularly, but compared to everyone else? Well, there are actually GM's, is what I'm saying
>>
>>54511665
>>54511718
>>54511978
>>54512090
>>54512106
>>54512383
>>54512416
>>54512431
>>54512607
>>54512639
>>54512671
We need a non-Flist lewd game run on Roll20 or something similar.
>>
>>54511497
CGL is busy fucking up another lawsuit from Harmony Gold over Battletech's 'mech designs.
>>
Oh man there is pages on Bull in the trog book
Ahahha He even have Allergy(Gold)
This guy should kys
>>
>>54512671
>>54512697
In this world, it's do or get done
And we're not done
>>
>>54512594
yes it's a total meme that people trying to apply realism get rustled over
the lore is they get let in because if they didn't then the corps' execs wouldn't get saved either
so doc wagon is effective and allowed. it's also the way that the game justifies keeping characters alive in a highly lethal system
>>
>>54512594
Its rather different. Docwagon is a for profit service directly empowering the runner to harm your corporation, and because there are many companies that offer "Hotdrop EMT" services it isn't like Docwagon is special enough to just demand immunity from retaliation, the corps would be better off destroying it and empowering competitors that do things on their terms.

It also is an issue for the same reason runners are encouraged to not hold onto any stolen stuff besides paydata for long periods of time: If scraping with Docwagon is legit then suddenly the corp trying to go back up the chain to get their stuff back and "resolve" the run on their terms is going after docwagon, which is now basically 'holding' the runner.

Corps don't smack runners post-job because there is nothing to gain and it isn't cost effective, but if docwagon did it would be extremely cost effective, because there is a great likelyhood that at that point in time the runner didn't do the handoff.

Finally there is the issue that a named, traceable, non-deniable corporate asset assisted in the theft of property in a manner that could easily be made public in a PR war, and it invites similar retaliation where there is no reason Docwagon could claim immunity from Evo (who own a competitor I may add, and thus who can easily help other corps circumvent any attempt of a docwagon embargo and profit directly off it if they wish to do the same) millitary just seizing every single asset inside every lab and hospital it has in a city by force, because they very publicly aided an attack on Evo.
>>
>>54512703
You don't know how Bull's GM runs SR! It could be a very gold-intensive campaign, with a lot of gold-based enemies and environments!
>>
>>54512728
This must be Dwarven craftsmanship.
>>
>>54512697
To be entirely honest I'm not sure how Lewd Shadowrun would work in practice, but what the hell, I'm open to the idea.
>>
>>54512703
Eh. Gold Allergies actually are a really old lore thing and are actually one of the suggested allergies in the older books. While its a rare material it easily could come up in many contexts, and a rare allergy isn't a ton of points anyway.
>>
>>54512779
Are you saying old runners were Cybermen?
>>
>>54506840
Link plz.
>>
>>54512738
>>
>>54512806
That bustier is squeezing those tits just right. Dwarven work.
>>
>>54512792
No. Used to be that the main advantage to being a human was not having an allergy. All metahumans had allergies cuz... reasons. Maybe VITAS, and you were encouraged to pick strange ones as well as normal ones, and it was noted it should be possible to encounter it but not consistent. Gold and Seawater were both examples, as gold is common enough inside electronics so while you wouldn't die from using a deck entering say... a manufacturing plant with gold dust all over the place would suck, and the fact that Seattle is a coastal city used to be WAY more important, with the default assumption being the runners would need an in team way to handle water.
>>
>>54510359
5e Just keeps sounding weirder and weirder.
Like they took good ideas and made them a bit less good while trying to simplify them.
>>
>>54512849
And then not simplifying them at all
>>
>>54512861
By not giving actual specific answers but just vaguely talking around them.
>>
>>54512849
5e is actually really good. The issue is editing issues, some issues with old mechanics that were never fixed but also were in older editions like the rep systems (Which were still sometimes improved, by unlinking PA and SC) and... really really badly executed splatbooks. Like painfully bad.

>>54512861
Making it so PA wasn't a function of SC+Not was actually a really good change that made reputation less of a pain in the ass. They always were vague and bullshit but now they are vague and bullshit in a way where you don't need to murder 5 puppies in broad daylight in an attempt to maintain a LOWER profile, because you being a super pro runner who never was caught and who is well trusted mysteriously forces you to be famous.
>>
File: IMG_3474.gif (41KB, 344x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3474.gif
41KB, 344x150px
>>54512269
Isn't there already an implant that forces flashbacks and memories to surface?
>>
>>54512899
Suddenly I'm reminded of the idea of carrying a bag of live puppies around expressly for aspecting background counts.
>>
File: 1486896702447.jpg (31KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
1486896702447.jpg
31KB, 500x584px
So my group had it’s first actually run today. And I can’t stop thinking about the security guard.
Imagine you’re a dwarf, mid 50s, laid off from Lone Star when Knight Errant picks up the Seattle security contract. You get a job with NeoNET Minutemen, contracted to a small jewelry store on the Everett-Downtown border. You’re pretty sure it’s a Vory front but you’ve reached terminal levels of not caring, what with NeoNET imploding and you likely being out of a job in 6 months.

Then one night a 6'11" Orc in a balaclava busts into your office and shoots you in the chest with a shotgun, mostly stopped by the trauma plates in your amored vest. Then, not even a second later, a elf, also in a balaclava follows him in and shoots you with an bow and arrow, nailing you in the shoulder. Then ANOTHER balaclavaed elf hits you with a taser to the face. Then yet another elf in a balaclava shoots you in the face with a machine pistol, killing you instantly.

All of this happens in less than 4 seconds

Gotta love security work in the Sixth World.
>>
>>54512269
Flashback System is a thing
And you can combine it with Flashbacks quality for extra fun
>>
>>54512939
More like gotta love the highly questionable initiative system.

The worst part to me is how Suppressive Fire for example literally defies time at that point because if you hit a guy suppressive firing with a penalty or something like that it doesn't affect his suppressive fire in any way, even though it is presumably ongoing and actions are pseudo-simultaneous.
>>
>>54512832
Is was make of jocules.
>>
>>54512930
Just organize a few first dates outside of a corporate building to cause a Rating 2-3 background count to appear.

Background counts have been garbage for ages.
>>
>>54512671 >>54512930 >>54512713 >>54512710 >>54511626 >>54509941 >>54507197
I'm reminded of this.
(Skip to 27 min)

http://www.hoarde.net/bigredcouch/?p=1711
>>
>>54512983
A random spam agent appears!

Someone dataspike it quick.
>>
>>54512991
Actually the concept of this run that causes the players to have to pretend to be tech support at an aztechnology "crimes against meta humanity R&D facility while they do a data theft" was something that several posts in this thread reminded me of.
>>
>>54513057
You replied to about 10 posts that were not at all related to each other. It looked suspicious! How was I to know you weren't literally Deus?
>>
>>54510718
Is that Kim Possible?
>>
>>54513074
Can we still prove that Deus didn't vult?
>>
>>54513079
If Deus vults but there is no news agency to reportit, does the Holy Land still get liberated?
>>
>>54506418
anyone got a name for the ops post? I like the style.
>>
>>54513176
Dusky Nipples
>>
>>54512697
My games generally have room for lewds, and I've even had the opening of a sex scene [then faded to black before nitty gritty] but I have, so far, managed to keep it in check. It's never gone full magical realm, but I feel like taking out the lewd from shadowrun divests a very important aspect of the setting.
>>
>>54513139
>no news agency
Don't tease me with visions of a utopia like that, man.
>>
>>54513181
>I feel like taking out the lewd from shadowrun divests a very important aspect of the setting.
It does?
Where is it in the setting?
>>
>>54513194
Bunraku, the punk idea of easy, fast, hot sex, biomod fetishism, the fact that canonically the best use of astral projection is to explore someone else's astral space, sex BTLs...
>>
>>54513194
That's a very large section of the sleazy lower-class areas you're cutting out if you dump anything related to sex, my man.
>>
>>54513216
A lot of that is just consistency of representing the evolution of technology (and magic) permeating the world. It doesn't mean they focussed the setting around it, it means they applied the minimum necessary consistency in not making it a paper-thin excuse.
>>
>>54513230
Sleaze is part of cyberpunk.

I am not saying sexytimes gaming is my thing or even the focus, but shadowrun is definitely a sexual setting, even though its clearly not a sex game.
>>
>>54513241
It's not. It's your confirmation bias.

Imagine if they had NOT included that shit. No ones reaction would be "I guess they didnt want a sexual setting", it would be "how did they completely fail to represent the technological evolution impacting porn and sex in any way when porn has been one of the forerunners in digital technology fields for us?"
>>
>>54513255

...No its the fact I have read and watched cyberpunk stories and thus understand that the entire idea is that the heroes are low class and that often includes having some interaction with the fact of reality that low class areas often will be sleazy.

Did you literally never read Gibson?
>>
>>54513276
Do you literally not understand that things sometimes need to be included for consistency and that this is in fact getting rarer and rarer in writing and as such is at least still laudable? If somethings included because not including it would make the setting feel hollow and empty it doesn't mean it's in there because it was meant to be heavily focussed upon.

The set goal wasn't "I wanna write something about a super sleazy, sexualized lower class society." It was "I want to write dystopian cyberpunk that has premises X, Y, and Z and the way they would affect society leaves the lower class as a sleazy mess as a necessity."
>>
>>54513255
What if it's the other way around?
It's your confiormation bias that is colouring your view of the setting?

>/x/
>>
>>54513295

Motherfucker the first big cyberpunk protagonists literally had the fatal flaw of 'Fucked his badass cyborg girlfriend too much."

It doesn't have to be the setting's goal to be an important aspect of the setting. No one is saying shadowrun is a porn game, but sex has always been thematically important in cyberpunk.
>>
Surviving Da Hood campaign. Ghoul gangs hidden everywhere, packs of hellhounds roam the streets, Gangs be cappin' each other in the ass, and you gotta either make it out of that hell hole or make it your bitch.
>>
>>54513310
>>54513314
I simply stand by the fact that the sex is a derivative quality of the settings premises, not a core tenet of it.

If it had for example built upon the fact that peoples overobsession with sex has led to cultural and societal decay and an apathetic attitude that let corporate control slip on easier I would consider it one of the tenets. As it stands its merely a derivative of the availability and encouragement of easy entertainment for the masses.
>>
>>54513310
Well, that's how Shadowrun magic works...!
>>
>>54513326

No one is saying its a core tenant. You just are retarded and don't fucking understand you are agreeing with us that its important its there but not the main focus.
>>
File: 1499817573448.jpg (21KB, 276x395px) Image search: [Google]
1499817573448.jpg
21KB, 276x395px
>>54513295
You have autism.
>>
>>54513334
Sorcery!
>>
>>54513340
I agree.
>>
>>54513344
I have it on professional authority that I do not.
>>
>>54513181
So before this thread dies, was anyone genuinely interested in a game?
>>
>>54513358
Then stop acting like you do.
>>
>>54513366
I was but I would probably use F-list. I have had bad experiences with games where the only point of contact was roll20.
>>
>>54513394
I'm actually not familiar with f list, recently I've only gone through discord channels.
>>
>>54513366
Maybe, but I'd echo >>54513407
>>
>>54513386
Maybe it's your confirmation bias that makes you think thats how autists act?
>>
>>54513077
Yes.
>>
File: 1401657337902.png (125KB, 270x289px) Image search: [Google]
1401657337902.png
125KB, 270x289px
>>54513346
Bonermancy?
>>
>>54513394
>>54513414
Well before it's too late
https://discord.gg/KQ2Fm
Let's at least swap contact info.
>>
>>54513421
Look I know you are having great success trolling in this thread. But could you please stop?
>>
>>54506418
Hello chummers. My players are autists, I'm sick of running D&D or any fantasy, and one player is specifically autistic about trying Shadowrun even though I know he can't handle it. Is Anarchy okay for showcasing the gist of it? Because I'd rather not use plot points and crap like that.
>>
>>54513452
I find the stupid autist comment replies as a form of disagreement far more annoying.
>>
>>54513366

Yes. Depending on the dates and times.

Gotta get some sleep now. Will look for reply in next shadowrun general thread
>>
>>54513458
Anarchy removes maybe 20-30% of the rules of 5E, and is less than half as playable.

It's better to just go for the extra bit of effort to learn 5E and leave Anarchy to rot.

>>54513452
>>54513465
What if it's just our confirmation bias that makes us assume he's trolling instead of lying about being autistic?
>>
>>54508320
>Clockwork knows nothing about software and computers.
that's nothing new
>>
>>54513179
not pulling anything up. Is that the name of the artist, or the piece? Because dusky nipples is bringing all sorts of weird non-orc lewd related stuff.
>>
>>54513458
No, it's not.
>>
>>54513446
>My Hestaby fantasy wasn't supposed to go like this.
>>
>>54513458
Anarchy is a mess, may as well run FATE
>>
>>54508966
see
>>54506700
>>
>>54513549
https://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/DSanchez/457342/25-Summer-Sale-Commission---Xugha-Orc
>>
>>54513619
NSFW

also I found this. Figured that shadowrun would have companion bots or just essence .1 runners. could be relevant. incredibly NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/R34fwbe.jpg
>>
>>54513495
see
>>54506700
>>
I don't know shit about awakened animals but would they be able to talk to metahumans so I could do pic related?
>>
>>54513736
Shifters exist and as of 5e are actually interesting.
>>
>>54513736
Yeah, they can talk in metahuman form, and get jobs as well as any other SINless person.

Nothing stopping them from running a store in barrens or even in the city if they can manage to get a SIN through a connection.
>>
>>54513855
They can also use something like DNI to talk through a speaker, or even just over AR in a giant text bubble exactly like that.
>>
>>54513627
NSFW? On Hentai Foundry? Outrageous, it shouldn't be allowed. I shall have to write a stiffly-worded post on Jackpoint about this.
>>
>>54513944
The things they let on the internet these days.

*harumph*
>>
>>54513876
trodes, mag and res folks' best friends.
>>
>First session come and gone
>pervert japanacorp Johnson offered the team a bonus of 5,000 nuyen if we deliver socially awkward ork girl's underwear-worn during run at the same time as the paydata
Magical realm or not I'm still laughing
>>
File: Dear God....png (48KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
Dear God....png
48KB, 350x339px
>>54513944
These sick bastards can't keep getting away with this.
>>
File: Dug.jpg (80KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dug.jpg
80KB, 500x360px
>>54513876
>>
>>54513994
Excuse me, his name is Mr. Tanaka.
>>
>Guide to the Modern Nigger introduces about 50 new honorary Jackpointers
>literally none of them are remotely interesting
And another Monkeys Paw finger curls inward
>>
>>54514026
Feels more like they're all curled in except for the middle
>>
>>54514026
To be fair a lot of the non-honorary ones are garbage.
>>
>>54514036
>>54514026
This is the book that finally makes me hate Slamm-0! more than I hate /dev/grrl

Jesus Christ he was always a childish loser but Trog Livin' really takes the cake
>>
>>54514058
What I hate most is people living out their marriage on fucking Shadowtalk. But Netcat is a useless annoying cunt in this one more than anything.
>>
>>54514019
He's a Renraku racist with a hard on for Raceplay where he 'civilizes' metahuman women apparently
I worry that the details we've been given about his sexual proclivities are signs of something in our gm
>>
>>54514079
Nah that's actually pretty much 99% in line with the Yamato ideal issued by the Emperor in regards to the race of japanese people (Yamato-Minzoku) and the race of metahumans (which is not the same as Yamato-Minzoku) and the various virtues the Japanese represent and how they act towards outsiders.
>>
>>54513855
I probably won't have them be a shifter if I can help it. I'll just use AR or the speaker instead.

Actually can awakened animals cast magic and use that to talk?
>>
>>54514098
Not really. Most of them are still animals mentally. Awakened in Shadowrun just means they can cast magic, not that they have human-level intellect as in D&D.
>>
>reclaiming trog as a slur
>trog is literally what awakened chimps are called
That's not like reclaiming nigga
It's like reclaiming chimp
What kind of black person would proudly label themselves a chimp
>>
>>54514098
Awakened animals as a rule are not sapient save for shifters.

But I mean like... despite it canonically not happening your the god damn boss.

Also putting any implant in them locks them to animal form if they don't want to very painfully and violently eject it from their body when shifting, if its more the "I don't want them to have a human form" thing.
>>
>>54514118
>Shadowrun Magic hasn't even produced Wilding Clasps
How can magelets ever recover?
>>
>>54514106
Meh, I can always handwave it away.

I'm changing some of the more retarded lore anyway, like centaurs being horsemen with horseheads and nagas not being able to have cyberlimbs.
>>
>>54512939
I blame pink mohawk
If it was trenchcoat the dwarf would have been dropped by a dart to the neck from the elf sniper adept 2 blocks away and have a nice nap while the street sam loots the place.
>>
>>54514148
Proper recon would've revealed that to be a security office with a guard inside and no one would have even gone there, cause what are you going to loot in the security office? A coffee mug?
>>
>>54514157
security office ? nothing
The Jewelry Store that anon said his runners were raiding and was guarded by the mentioned security guard however...
>>
>reading the trog book
>and people say racism is dead
>muh trog rights fuk da humies

The whole book is going to be like this isn't it?
>>
>>54513449
Can I get a new instant invite? That one's dead.
>>
>>54514333
Yes. The list of racist organizations actually really pissed me off because I was hoping we'd finally get more lore about humanis and the like but no we just got page after page of DEY KEEPIN US DOWN
>>
>>54514386
>dad at the beginning talks about how he's lucky to not need anything as a kid and how he became a doctor
>2XL decides to call him a lazy asshole who spews shit because muh privilege
>>
>>54514218
So why startle poor old dwarf guy? Let him sit through the heist in his office, unaware.
>>
>>54514333
>>54514403
Sounds like they're taking inspiration from contemporary movements.
>>
>>54514425
It's obvious that orks and trolls are supposed to be minorities and black people but I can't agree with them because the races are so fucking different from each other.

I feel like maybe humanis has a point especially when theres all those shenanigans with the elves living since the 4th age and all that bullshit.
>>
>>54514442
Also other racism has completely stopped. No one is racist against blacks or anything. People are racist against trogs instead. Remember to make a rich black privileged CEO character in your games that really fucking hates trogs.
>>
>>54514453
Great idea, all I have to do is have my hide his disdain for orks so it's not blatantly obvious.
>>
>>54514475
Hidden trophy room off to the side of his office displaying tusks and horns.
>>
>>54514442
I mean there aren't many 4th age elves. Most elves are not immortal as far as I know. And I don't think it's something you develop over the cause of your life, but I could be wrong about that, I don't really know Earthdawn lore. Regular elves live for a while but it hasn't really been confirmed as it hasn't been that long.
>>
>>54514442
>I feel like maybe humanis has a point
I mean, if orcs and trolls hate humans, they kinda do.
>>
>>54514529
We can all unite in our hatred of elves, though.
>>
>>54513317
Impossible, man, I'm getting out the city as soon as I can.
>>
>>54512939
Sounds like something a single surprise round and a toxin or two could solve, and not kill anyone in the process.
>>
>>54514677
Toxin doesn't kick in until end of combat turn at the earliest. You'd want SNS.
>>
>>54512939
>How to ruin your relationship with Johnson
>How to get more Notoriety and Public Awareness than you can handle

"Pink Mohawk" chatter aside, this is just retarded. A single dorf security guy is not a target you shoot. Shadowrunners ain't gangers.
>>
>>54514757
Eh a good Gel Round from a silenced rifle does wonders, and the poor guy will walk away from it with nothing worse than a bad headache.

Killing for the sake of killing is stupid, but that's what non-lethal spells/ammo are for.
>>
>>54514814
Gotta make us of your Revels In Murder quality.
>>
>>54514756
Surprise rounds don't care. No reacting to shit that surprises you in Shadowrun combat, until the next round.
>>
>>54515135
It's fairly up to interpretation if that does or does not constitute the end of the combat turn for a toxin to take effect since no initiative has been rolled at that point. It could very well take effect at the end of the combat turn that the surprised guy gets the initiative penalty in if he fails the surprise test.

"Immediate" is just CGLspeak for "End of current turn" after all.
>>
>>54507631
Probably become a black market arms dealer or a Johnson? She's made loads of cash off extra arms and armor she's paid shadowrunners to jack in order to get access to certain concealable flamethrowers, concealable lasers and next season's Armante dress.
>>
>>54515303
>next season's Armante dress.
Damn that's a lot of Nuyen.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>54515381
>>54515381
>>
>>54507766
A leading figure to us all, CEO Jameson
>>
>>54507011
Hey, reclaiming derogatory language is a real thing that's been around a long time. Could do with a less bitchy attitude though...
>>
>>54515200
>It's fairly up to interpretation
Nah, mate. Give it up.

>Failure means characters lose 10 from their Initiative Score (either when Initiative is rolled or immediately if it occurs in the middle of the Combat Turn) and they are considered surprised until their next Action Phase.
Random mook security guard isn't pulling out of Surprise before the next combat turn, but they are definitely doing initiative already.

>Characters who are surprised cannot take any actions that directly affect, impede, or counteract characters who are not surprised.
>This means surprised characters cannot attack the non-surprised characters, nor can they dodge or defend against attacks from those characters; the surprised character cannot react to the other characters’ actions in any way.
Random mook security guard isn't reacting to the very surprising injection dart(s) sticking out of his chest/neck/whatever.
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.