[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 24

File: 1499917445766.jpg (350KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
1499917445766.jpg
350KB, 736x528px
Previous thread: >>54309973
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/always-darkest-before-the-era-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Do you have any wod related guilty pleasures?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54324263
>Do you have any wod related guilty pleasures?
A vampire one, yes.

Twilight.
>>
>>54324263
Just downloaded cWoD Sorcerers as Inspiration for myWoD where True mages don't exist and Sorceres take their place.
>>
>>54324375
Stale bait.
>>
>>54324375
If you ever get any concrete rules down you should share them.
>>
Reminder that even Beasts and fan splats can be fun and engaging if you play your cards right. The only superior gameline is the one that works best for your whole group. Choosing one over the other is just a matter of opinion over something that is totally make believe. Don't take it too seriously, it's bad for your health.
>>
>>54324381

>saying mages don't exist in myWoD
>muh bait

Fucking magefags. What bugs you about this.
>>
>>54324396
Well i am just going to use hedge mages.
>>
>>54324263
It's CoD, but...

I like Beast despite its MANY and MAJOR flaws. Sue me.
>>
File: ow-the-edge.jpg (15KB, 229x68px) Image search: [Google]
ow-the-edge.jpg
15KB, 229x68px
>>54324263
Dhampyr (the cringy ones from Kindred of the East) are easy to make fun of and I rationally recognize how snowflakey they are as a player character option, but deep down my inner weeaboo thinks they're cool.
>>
Reminder that Mage is THE best thing to have ever happened to WoD, both old and new.

>mage supremacy
>>
>>54324425
tbf, last two threads went to hell because of that.
>>
>>54324535
Went to hell because of that.

Wtf i just dioscussed that stuff with some dudes and magefags came in whining.
>>
>>54324507
No, Hunter is the best thing to happen to nWoD.
>>
>>54324507
>>54324554
Please see >>54324414.
>>
File: CA02ARTWEAAsgBF.jpg (21KB, 480x404px) Image search: [Google]
CA02ARTWEAAsgBF.jpg
21KB, 480x404px
>>54324507
Wraith was the best thing to happen to oWoD. It's too bad it's as dead as the characters you play.

>tfw you'll probably be a wraith IRL before wraith 20th comes out
>>
>>54324643
I feel this way about Changeling 2e. Holy fuck the delays.
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (57KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
57KB, 500x382px
>>54324669
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>54324507
O' Oracle of Mage Supremacy, is there anything to like about the Euthanatos? They just seem a bit crap and only there to appeal to edgelords.
Entropy is pretty cool though so there is that I guess.
>>
>>54324696
As a mummyfag I kind of get you. Every night I can still feel them, the time we've lost the support we've lost. It won't stop hurting

Maybe Mummy 2e will come with the next Sothic Turn
>>
>>54324491
>Sue me.
Aren't you full of Sues already?
>>
>>54324436
I hold out hope someone will bite the bullet and write up a conversion to 2e like people have done with the Purified.

>>54324491
I feel the same way and it makes me feel unclean on the inside.
>>
>>54324507
I like Mage, but going by how shitty this general is because of their mere existance, I'm going to have to disagree.
>>
>>54325162
>general is shitty because of mages
I doubt it. It's not like all of this amazing, interesting discussion would be taking place if Mage never existed. And just look at the other sites for W/CofD. Arguably even more autistic, and yet a lot of them hate Mages.
>>
>>54325266

>anons try developing sorcerers
>magefags come in

>interesting discussions about another splat
>dumb rule questions and stupid powerwank discussions killing quality discussion
>>
>>54325307
It's not like the magefags are solely responsible for these messy threads.

Vampfags have been *at least* as autistic.
>>
>>54325307
>>anons try developing sorcerers
Not what he was doing, or even his mission statement. His explicit goal was to nerf and revise Mages, and when it was pointed out that he basically was making buffed hedge magicians, he agreed. There was no talk about developing sorcerers, just how much he didn't like mages and and how he preferred them in his WoD.

>>dumb rule questions and stupid powerwank discussions killing quality discussion
Literally how? If you can't ignore posts and carry on your own discussions, that's on you. And what quality discussions? I barely ever see any.
>>
Why use sorcerers over mages? It's already hard as balls trying to get magic(k) off.

Unless you cheese things, low Arete mages are kind of pushovers.
>>
File: golden age of piracy.png (100KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
golden age of piracy.png
100KB, 600x315px
>>
>>54325381

>Not what he was doing, or even his mission statement. His explicit goal was to nerf and revise Mages, and when it was pointed out that he basically was making buffed hedge magicians, he agreed. There was no talk about developing sorcerers, just how much he didn't like mages and and how he preferred them in his WoD.

Simply not true. It was said from the start that true mages don't exist. Magefags just sperged out because they were called mage and even run out of arguments when confronted with the fact that consensual reality is really shitty for non-mage games. Also the Sorcerers where developed further in the next thread after the mageposting stopped.

>And what quality discussions? I barely ever see any.

Well after trying revisionism in the sorcerers debate you seem to be part of the problem.
>>
>>54325420
10/10

kek
>>
>>54325437
Nobody took the sorcerer nard seriously because he completely mistook what Ascension is about.

>hurr durr mages just wiggle their fingers to do magic, no occult lore or arcane knowledge hurr durr
>>
>>54325460
Thats also gaslighting fagget.

Most people actually roasted magefags for beeing autistic over the word mage and autism over other peoples WoD.
>>
>>54325420
You'd think Changeling fans could bot their way up the 33 votes they need to win
>>
>>54324766
Yes. Take a peak at their trad books. The Euthanatoi are, like, the council of socially responsible necromancers. One hand kills, the other heals
>>
>>54325437
>guy didn't actually know anything about mage fluff and how it works in the game and yet kept bashing it
>insisted on calling his sorcerers mages when they weren't, and said things like "mages in my wod are low-powered and helpless because mages as is are just too boring and strong"
Right, he's totally innocent and was perfectly clear and concise.

>revisionism
That word doesn't mean what you think it means. I'm strawmanning, if anything. Misrepresenting someone else's argument, which is what I assume you mean. If I were trying to revise, I would be changing my own stance.
>>
>>54325475
>muh gaslightin'

No. That's actually just paraphrasing what he said.
>>
>>54325562
>guy didn't actually know anything about mage fluff and how it works in the game and yet kept bashing it

I don't like consensual reality, paradox and the highpowered nature of true mages should be more than enough to justify not using mages.

>insisted on calling his sorcerers mages

Oh noo plz don't call the people using magical powers mages cause the magefags will be triggered.

Seriously?

>mages in my wod are low-powered and helpless

He said they work more like Hunters.

>because mages as is are just too boring and strong"

Wtf. Your reading comprehension is really bad.

>>54325601
It simply isn't.
>>
>>54325625
Ok... Tell us again why you prefer sorcerers over mages?
>>
>>54325664
Not him,but good god, can you read?

>I don't like consensual reality, paradox and the highpowered nature of true mages should be more than enough to justify not using mages.
>>
>>54325676
Not that, thematically speaking.

Sources of their power, comparative functionality etc.
>>
>>54325625
>I don't like consensual reality, paradox and the highpowered nature of true mages should be more than enough to justify not using mages.
Not what I was talking about, but whatever.

>>Oh noo plz don't call the people using magical powers mages cause the magefags will be triggered.
>missing the point this hard

>He said they work more like Hunters.
He also literally said that Mages were boring to him, and that in his WoD they were low-powered and "helpless against the beasts that stalk the WoD".

>Wtf. Your reading comprehension is really bad.
Those are things that he said. Go back and read them.

>It simply isn't.
Anon, it literally is. One of his biggest things that he went on about what how he was going to make mages all mystic and with arcane knowledge methods because he didn't like the "ebin spheres". One of his examples was doing a ritual and forging a dagger on a lunar eclipse that you would have to stab into a werewolf's heart to change them back, and he put emphasis on the fact that you would have to do it against a vicious feral beast and that you would most likely die anyway.
>>
>>54325687
Ffs the argument always was for myWoD, my chronic etc.

Personally i would play in a techno campaign because i don't like the traditions.

>>54325709

>"helpless against the beasts that stalk the WoD".

In direct combat just like a hunter. Again reading comprehension senpai.

>One of his examples was doing a ritual and forging a dagger on a lunar eclipse that you would have to stab into a werewolf's heart to change them back, and he put emphasis on the fact that you would have to do it against a vicious feral beast and that you would most likely die anyway.

If you go up against a wolf in crinos. How would a hunter do it? Stab him when he still is human.

Its really not that hard if you aren't a magefag hellbent on fuckign with everyone not using mage.
>>
>>54325809
>In direct combat just like a hunter. Again reading comprehension senpai.
Not what he said. Go back and read it.

>How would a hunter do it? Stab him when he still is human.
Then you wouldn't even need magic. Just silver at best.
>>
>>54325846
>Not what he said. Go back and read it.

He later even clarified how a vampire hutn would work. You just have a negative bias.

>Then you wouldn't even need magic. Just silver at best

Really depends. The dagger was supposed to prevent transformation. If you stab him wis silver and he survives you have a BIG problem. The argument just was a mage as i see him should get his ass handed in close combat.
>>
>>54325912
>You just have a negative bias.
No, that's literally what he said. He only said that they would "operate similarly" to hunters later.

>The dagger was supposed to prevent transformation
No, it was supposed to revert it. He chose this as an example because earlier in the thread somebody said you could use Life to force a werewolf to change back to human.

Go back and read the thread. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>54325966
>He chose this as an example because earlier in the thread somebody said you could use Life to force a werewolf to change back to human

So a Sorcerer shouldn't have the ability to just retransform a raging werewolf as easily. Thus its really risky and he shouldn't risk direct confrontation ?

>Go back and read the thread. You don't know what you're talking about.

I suggest you just drop it, go outside for a bit and cool off.
>>
File: tomastriumph.jpg (460KB, 1014x1478px) Image search: [Google]
tomastriumph.jpg
460KB, 1014x1478px
>>54324263
How would you stat Nemesis the Warlock? What about Tomas de Torquemada?
>>
>>54325539
Why bot though? Like I'm sad changeling won't win, but that's no reason to cheat and provide material for A) A game thats out and B) A game that has even less content than FUCKING BEAST.

Man seriously, Geist got fucked in the ass for content.
>>
File: Requiem 040.jpg (623KB, 1280x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Requiem 040.jpg
623KB, 1280x1754px
>>54326050
I honestly expected you were going to be posting a page of Requiem: Vampire Knight. That's okay I guess too?
>>
>>54326231
Pat Millis fit perfectly with WoD
>>
>>54326365
Shut up, deviant!
>>
>>54326006
>So a Sorcerer shouldn't have the ability to just retransform a raging werewolf as easily. Thus its really risky and he shouldn't risk direct confrontation ?
Ok? Wasn't really the point, but whatever.

>I suggest you just drop it, go outside for a bit and cool off.
I'm not mad, anon. You just don't know what you're talking about. In fact, ironically, you're 'revising' more than anyone else here, and you consistently miss points.
>>
So, what's everyone favourite X or Y splat? AKA not the splat on the whole (vampire, mage, werewolf) but the main defining one (Auspice, Lineage, 1e Seeming)
>>
You're a mage, and you have a pile of rocks. Your goal is to turn that pile of rocks into a nuclear warhead. What spells (or at least practices) are needed, besides knowing the basic physics and detonator requirements as a character?
>>
>>54327058
Matter, Forces and a bunch of components because matter ain't really the best for MAKING a machine. Forces for the power to set the thing off, I guess, but you'd need Matter 4 to be doing anything like uranium or whatever.

Fun fact, Prometheans are able to make nuclear weapons as well with one of their almbeics
>>
>tfw Urban Shadows does everything WoD does better than WoD over the course of a single rulebook
>The Vessel manages to do everything Promethean sets out to accomplish in five fucking pages
>>
>>54327058
I'll use fate to enchant the rocks destinies and then use them to break into a nuclear missile silo.
>>
>>54327058
Hard to say. You would need Transubstantiation (Matter 4) in order to physically change the material, but it specifies "inert" substances, as in, chemically inactive, so I don't know if you would need Forces 5 Create Energy in order to make it radioactive.
>>
>>54327101
>Urban Shadows
How do mages work?
>>
>>54327094
All you actually need is Forces and Matter, and maybe not even that many dots. Space would be nice if you plan on detonating it from a distance though.

The simplest "gun" type device is actually quite simple, with one "bullet" of enriched material impacting a larger ball of less-enriched material to cause the explosion. A small primer charge shoots the "bullet" and that's the only real moving part.
>>
How long is the pirate poll going to be open?
>>
>>54327127
I mean hemisphere actually, not ball.
>>
File: US_Playbooks_FINALv3.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
US_Playbooks_FINALv3.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
>>54327118

There's a playbook for The Wizard, but The Oracle and The Hallowed both touch on similar spaces as well.

>>54327134

Until the stretch goal is hit.
>>
>>54327127
>>54327113
So basically Matter 4 and an adequate understanding of engineering and physics to get the right amount of material and make the 'gun' warhead?
>>
>>54327160
Pretty much, you're best of making the detonator/rigging/whatever yourself, like you can use matter to make the materials and enhance your tools, but making it ALL with spells is going to take a LOT of time since you'll have to make them all high duration along with various reaches.
>>
>>54327101
Can we get some links? cause those are both some massive "Literally who?" for me.
>>
>>54327186
Honestly this was mostly a thought experiment, since I joked about the Umbrella solution to something in my game earlier today and was wondering how hard it would be as a mage to enact.
>>
>>54327206

Urban Shadows is a PbtA urban fantasy game. The Vessel is a playbook in it.

Some playbooks linked >>54327157
>>
>>54327058
Matter to make the uranium, Forces to manipulate its radioactivity, Prime to make it remove the template of everything the radiation touches :^)
>>
so now that atamajakki has quit CofD, who the fuck is gonna buy Mummy 2e
>>
>>54327234
Did they ACTUALLY quit CofD now or are you talking about the time she said she was quiting when hill quit?

>>54327233
He might need prime to make it 'nuclear' energy considering the sheer scope of power, but that's more of a opnion level. So yeah, Matter 4 to create uranium from anything and Forces 4 to make an electrically charged (or heated, whatever, some form of energy charged) piece of Uranium into enriched uranium.

>>54327223
I'm sorry, PbtA? I have zero idea what that could even mean.
>>
File: arisen funk.jpg (447KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
arisen funk.jpg
447KB, 750x500px
>>54327234
Me!
>>
>>54327280

I'm boycotting their products going forward, but sometimes yell at people on the forums and shitpost here when all my other sites are really, really slow.

And PbtA is Powered by the Apocalypse, a large subset of games running off the ruleset in Apocalypse World.
>>
Atamajakki is a girl?

Can I fuck her?
>>
>>54327301
Oh it's monster hearts shit and you're shilling it, nah, fuck off.

>>54327234
Also me, the boy that owns all Mummy books because he likes the lore

>>54327319
They're a girl, yes, but they have a penis so... I mean yeah you can fuck her if you want, but I think she has a boyfriend???
>>
>>54327301
I don't believe you're Jakki. Way to boycott their products with your continued active involvement in Scion's community.
>>
>>54327352
>, but I think she has a boyfriend???
The hottest feature in potential conquests.
>>
>>54327352
Never mind then. The only tranny I'm willing to fuck is Sarina Valentina.
>>
>>54327352

But it's literally not Monsterhearts, that's made by someone else entirely (who is lovely).

>>54327363

Literally all I do on the Scion forum is bitch about how they said they'd rewrite the Netjer eight months ago and still haven't. They already got my money for that Kickstarter ages ago.
>>
>>54327352
>They're a girl, yes, but they have a penis so... I mean yeah you can fuck her if you want, but I think she has a boyfriend??

Mummy fags take comfort wherever they find it.
>>
>>54327234

Me, I will. Write it, too, God willing.
>>
>>54327385
Knowing the dev, the delay is literally that there's so much shit going on in his day to day it never gets submitted for a preview and he doesn't prioritize it.

I can assure you that the mechanics are done at least, but playtesters didn't have access to the fluff which is probably what the giant holdup for both previews and publishing are.
>>
>>54327379
Aw man I don't want cuckolding in my WoD too.

>>54327385
Nah I know it isn't, but they use the same system, never heard any indication of any of them having any lore so I have no interest.
>>
>>54327415
>Aw man I don't want cuckolding in my WoD too.

Money's in the case, anon.
>>
>>54327423
That's beyond my understanding of a scene I don't wanna get into anon, sorry.
>>
>>54327414

I've seen the mechanics and they're serviceable, but they're selling this book at least partly based on lore and I was super letdown by how they previewed that Pantheon.

>>54327415

Monsterhearts and Urban Shadows are both setting-lite, but essentially just set in our world that happens to have some monsters in it. Plenty of other PbtA games have lore; Night Witches is set in strictly historical WW2, while Blades in the Dark has this whole elaborate industrial fantasy setting.
>>
>>54327101

Buying from Magpie Games kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth in light of We Eat Blood and its fallout, but that's just me. Urban Shadows is the go-to game for WoD-style crossover, and it's pretty good. Touhoufriend approved, too.
>>
>>54327442
I was botching a reference to GLOW with that honestly. I do not seek to fuck Jakki or other people in relationships.
>>
>>54327450
Own those last two, but setting lite gives me even less reason to try it. If there's no lore, I got no interest in a bunch of rules.
>>
>>54327450
Every other pantheon I've liked a lot so far, I suspect the Netjer thing was the author of that segment having a vision that was idosyncratic. Some of your complaints when it came out I agreed with but others I was in the draft's camp.
>>
Would Mage the Awakening be balanced with the other splats if each of the five paths only got their two ruling arcana?
>>
>>54327475
aaaah, never heard of the show until I googled it, ah well, at least you don't wanna be a Bull... Or vixen, I think that's what female bulls are called.
>>
>>54327470

I feel like "one contributor to the brand wrote something in defense of a shitty person working for another company entirely" is enough degrees of separation for me to be comfortable with it, but it's a valid point. I wound up pulling my pledge to Monsterhearts 2 over it.

>>54327478

You could always just port over the WoD/CofD lore, you know.

>>54327497

I'm still so fucking mad about how bad that draft was.
>>
>>54327450
>I've seen the mechanics and they're serviceable

What draft? They have had some major revisions, not that it answers your fluff question
>>
>>54327517

A friend was a playtester, no clue how many revisions back. I'm honestly thinking about just slapping together a Scion PbtA hack at this point, or just using the rules from City of Mist.
>>
>>54327157
God damn, I thought WoD had the market cornered on shitty art for their game.
>>
>>54327508
Why would I do that? you said the books do WoD better than WoD, but it lacks the lore? I don't have any issue with the CoD system (WoD on the other hand... I'll just update to CoD or bare with it) And if there's almost no lore... Then how does it do it better?
>>
>>54327532
We're only like a month or two past the original planned release date? I was figuring if we got it this year we'd be ahead of OPP's usual schedule.

Most places aren't 7th Sea who put shit out early and OPP is kind of notorious for delays. I always mentally add six months
>>
File: anubis.jpg (84KB, 800x1175px) Image search: [Google]
anubis.jpg
84KB, 800x1175px
Everytime I try to read on MtC lore, I only come out more confused. Why did Anpu stepped down for Azar and decided to chill in mummy-twilight? What's the difference between the gods and the judges of Duat?
>>
>>54327500
Would Mage the Awakening be balanced with the other splats if each of the five paths only got their two ruling arcana?
>>
>>54327500
Not particularly, no.
>>
>>54327470
We Eat Blood? whats that about, I can't find anything about a game by that name.
>>
>>54327570
>Why did Anpu stepped down for Azar and decided to chill in mummy-twilight?

There's no real explanation, but the Mummy-Mage chapter of DEC implies it wasn't by choice and that Anpu is doing certain things under duress than of his own will.

>What's the difference between the gods and the judges of Duat?

Because some things are merely gods. Some things invented suffering
>>
>>54327551

If I'm talking about an RPG book being good and I'm not talking about the fluff, what else might I be talking about?

(The rules, anon. The rules are better.)

>>54327565

I don't care about the book being late, but I do care that a draft for a single section was posted that was significantly decried and rewrites were promised... eight months ago.

>>54327570

Anpu didn't step down, Azar dethroned him when the Shan'iatu ritually murdered him to name him king of Duat. Anpu is a little pissed about it. This is all in Book of the Deceived.

As for the Judges... no fucking clue. We were supposed to get a whole book about em, but it didn't fund. It's still up in the air if the Judges of Life and the Judges of Death are the same entities or not, and the old theory that the Shan'iatu /are/ the Judges isn't possible because of the Deceived. If you wanna read up on it, Dreams of Avarice has you covered.
>>
>>54327576
no. the issue is the lack of defender options. threshold is a huge joke.
>>
>>54327565
Man yooooooo, I'm amazed how quick 7th sea has been putting out books, I should get onto reading Crescent Empire soon. Want a book on the societies soon though, get some real MEAT to them.

>>54327603
Right, so literally nothing to care about on my end, oh well. Glad you have fun.
>>
>>54327625
>I should get onto reading Crescent Empire soon.

I liked it a lot but felt some of its mechanics were between unbalanced and 'did anyone even playtest this?' in power. The fluff is rad though, and the system isn't so complex schools or sorcery can't be houseruled a bit if need be.
>>
>>54327610
Okay. What if:
Mages only get their two ruling arcana
Exception success doesn't ignore withstand
Non-Awakened supernaturals apply paradox at half the rate sleepers do
>>
Oh my god atamajakki is back

I thought you died ;_;
>>
>>54327508

For me, it's less "contributor to the brand" and more "the money flows directly to this person." It's also why I'm wary of buying CofD and WoD products at the moment. I still like the products an awful lot in both cases, but gotta put my foot down somewhere. Not gonna knock anyone who does, though, no ethical consumption, yadda yadda.

>>54327591

We Eat Blood and All Our Friends Are Dead. It's a mediocre VtM visual novel.
>>
>>54327645
I really wanna get around to playing a game, ideally either as a Inish glamour knight (Maybe, might just be inish because glamour knights are a lil to... weighted down with burdens I guess?) or one of those monster hunting island boys from Pirate Nations that hunts monsters. Cool fuckin' doods, not so keen on their 'magic' system though, but I guess that's what the magical ink is for!
>>
>>54327673

I quit these games and this shithole but every other social media site is really slow tonight.

>>54327679

That's definitely valid. If I boycott Magpie, that basically means I'm down to literally just buying from Pelgrane Press (and can I, now that my beloved Ken Hite is working on VtM 5e?) and the rare Evil Hat product.
>>
>>54327679
oh those shitty games... that are written by that Zak guy, he the same one that allegedly bullied Dave Hill?
>>
>>54327673
jakki is my favorite namefag who I never agree with. At least she's fun sometimes, and so few of us mummyfags exist
>>
>>54327712
>I quit these games and this shithole but every other social media site is really slow tonight.
Remember, you're here forever. Its like being John Wick, you think you're out but you never are out.
>>
Can this thread not be about attention whore namefags please?
>>
>>54327647
That doesn't fix anything you need to completely retool paradox and threshold. limiting mages range doesn't fix anything.
>>
File: The Fury.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Fury.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>54327743
contribute something worth about talking about then, anon.
>>
>>54327743
No, this thread is on this path. We'll get another tomorrow afternoon sometime which can be about werefags giving the knot or something.
>>
File: fugg.png (558KB, 719x1063px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
558KB, 719x1063px
>>54327714

i was going to say "your favorite Guild is shit" but honestly i like every single one of them
>>
>>54327768
What's your favorite? Mine is Maa-Kep followed by Sesha-Hebsu/Mesen-Nebu
>>
>>54327760
MAGEFAGS! MAGEFAGS! I INVOKE YOUR SHITPOSTING POWER! SAVE US FROM THE ONLY THING EVEN MORE AUTISTIC THAN YOU ARE!
>>
I want to survive these threads, but I don't know which side to join?
>>
>>54327781
What are the sides?
>>
>>54327758

My old Promethean concept was a really sad trans Galateid named Angel who was an Aurum looking for love in all the wrong places until she goes Cobalus. Now I mostly just want to homebrew a Gargoyle Lineage, but that would probably just be in another game.
>>
>>54327781
Magefags

Join us, we want YOU
Become better than these inferiors, and maybe even Chad.
>>
>>54327792
Namefaggotry vs magefaggotry I think? I'm fine with namefaggotry tonight, it breaks things up at least.
>>
>>54327778

Su-Menet are my favorite because I'm a sucker for zealots, but Tef-Aabhi have really really grown on me with time.
>>
>>54327794
Fuck you.
>>
File: caine and his sexy beard.png (148KB, 555x566px) Image search: [Google]
caine and his sexy beard.png
148KB, 555x566px
>>54327781

Convert to the Church of Caine today

The Archmagefags are heathen scum
>>
>>54327794
Can Prometheans even be actually trans since all of them have identity way up in the air by nature? I get the metaphor but the actuality of the text feels like when everyone is trans/forming their own identity nobody is.
>>
>>54327781
JOIN THE MAGEFAGS! DEFEAT THE NORMIES AND MAKE /WODG/ ACTUALLY ABOUT WOD!
>>
>>54327810
You are practically a cult of deluded fat goths sucking a non existent penis.
>>
>>54327794
You could count what I'm pitching as a angry version of that, just with more disquiet and them being a girl with a dick that doesn't want to transition (I like dickgirls, not a fan of trans baggage because it's a topic I'm not interested in/think I could portray well on top of the fear of being offensive.)
>>
>>54327807
I take most chances in character to shit on the Tef-Aabhi. My maa-kep has some serious religious concerns about them and is in a nome near DC, so he has a one sided blood feud with Seb-Hetchet.
>>
>>54327781
Join team shitposter, we always win in the end.
>>
>>54327781
Don't listen to the others.

We, the Changeling whores welcome you into a more quality autism
>>
>>54327712

Ken's pretty much WW exclusive now, so Pelgane's probably fine. But hey, there's still Arc Dream, Atlas, and Buried by Ceremony, so it isn't all dire.
>>
>>54327819

I think the whole game is a pretty blatant trans metaphor, but there's also the much more literal "the body they made me out of is the wrong sex," which is what she was. Her creator was trying to bring a dead male lover back to life and instead got a female stranger puppeting his corpse around, which went really well.

>>54327826
If you're afraid of being offensive,
step one is probably not saying "dickgirl."

>>54327837

The Changeling chronicle I was in was really good but was like 40% furry sex.
>>
>>54327781
Whoever you join, just fight the trannies and namefags. They are the lowest of the low and must be defeated at all costs.
>>
>>54327647
Still doesn't work. Paradox is already pretty much just a nuisance, and restricting Mages to their two Ruling Arcana could actually make things worse. Mages would form Cabals of five, with one member from each path, because they can only learn two Arcana and a big point of a Cabal is to shore up shortcomings and weaknesses. And Mages would just focus their efforts on learning their Ruling Arcana instead of going for others, because they would have to. So given that Mages rarely operate alone, you're looking at groups with good spreads of Arcana, assuming that a Mage at least has a buddy or two with him, and they would all be very proficient in their Arcana.

You would also have to rewrite fluff, because Paradox is caused by the piece of the Abyss all Sleepers have in their souls. Do all supernaturals still have a bit of the Abyss inside them from their stint as a normie?
>>
>>54327860
There's literally no other term for it that I know of, they are a girl with a dick my dood. Ergo dickgirl.
>>
>>54327862
Case in point, >>54327860 this faggot is both and should be purged immediately.
>>
>>54327781
Mages.

Easily the winning side, as well as the most discussed game.
>>
>>54327863
Other supernaturals aren't awakened, so it's not too much of a stretch.
>>
>>54327867
You could also just call them "males', because if you have a penis you are a male.
>>
So does anything know a good City book for Requiem? I am not looking for a special snowflake city but the most standard by-the-numbers city.

I will even take fanmade.
>>
>>54327879
This, Magefags are like Americans. Better than everyone else, but they're also the most despised.

Vampfags are Communist scumbag Russians.
>>
>>54327781
Join the vampfags, cutting yourself is optional but self-hatred is mandatory.
>>
>>54327846

I mean, he was head of Fall of Delta Green (hopefully out in a few months), and he's been tapped for a couple stretch goals on the Yellow King kickstarter.

And I do love Buried Without Ceremony, but I'm not sure Avery is gonna release more than one thing in a given year. MH2 took a lot out of her.

>>54327867
You could say trans woman, or you could just say woman with a dick. 'Dickgirl' specifically is looked down on by most trans women as a slur.

>>54327827

What kind of concerns? Is he super orthodox or what? Someone else has actually played Mummy?
>>
>>54327881
But what about vampires? They don't have souls, do they?
>>
>>54327897
What are Changeling whores? Woofs? And the rest?
>>
>>54327895
Nah, she ain't though, literally mostly female body parts but the dink and probably some muscles. Frankenstines my man, stuff gets wonky.

>>54327904
she ain't trans woman and I did say girl with a dick before hand, so stick to that yea?
>>
>>54327909
The beast isn't awakened either.
>>
>>54327921
Why do people make so many things about sex? It's really stupid and it needs to stop.
>>
>>54327921

I suppose trans labels do get funky when you're literally stapled together out of parts of other people. She's a woman if she calls herself a woman, really.

>>54327948

Nobody's talking about sex here~
>>
>>54327948
I mean I get you, but it's kind of a big thing in all society so, yeah it's gonna come up no matter how much we don't wanna talk about it. sorry man, just going with the conversation.
>>
>>54327966
You know what I mean.
>>
>>54327904
>What kind of concerns? Is he super orthodox or what?

He finds the whole New Irem project not just religiously questionable but incredibly dangerous as an executable project. He overall finds the Tef-Aabhi to be risk takers without self reflection, but the DC project itself worries him greatly.
>>
>>54327966
Oh trust me I know she's a girl, I never budge on that angle for when I do someone... Intersex?
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>54328005
>>54327966
>>54327921
>>54327904
You are all degenerate scum and deserve to be gassed.
>>
>>54327993

Now I want to play an insufferably Silicon Valley libertarian techbro Tef-Aabhi who talks about New Irem like a startup and how what the Judges really want is for them to be "innovative" and "disruptive."

>>54328005

I think intersex could work as a term (being literally constructed out of varied parts), but I seem to step on intersex folks' toes a lot when I try to speak for them.
>>
>>54328046
Okay that mummy idea is hilarious and has to happen.
>>
>>54328026
I just hate this fucking off topic shit. /tg/ remove the tripfag and these comments.
>>
>>54328081
/tg/ moar liek /transgender/
>>
>>54328046
>and how what the Judges really want is for them to be "innovative" and "disruptive."

I'm pretty sure that's so heretical that you lose a sekhem level every time you say it.
>>
>>54328081
If the scum was purged I wouldn't have anything to have a problem with, so why keep my stuff up? I'm fine with this.
>>
>>54328088

Or worse: it shoots up a dot for every buzzword you use.

This guy is in a meret with a Sesha-Hebsu who writes the truly modern form of the Word: thinkpieces.
>>
>>54328026
No I don't, I'm a "Straight" white male, you couldn't gas me if you tried.

>>54328046
I think the only time I've seen intersex though was on a certain site that won't be named, but I think it's a fairly inoffensive medium?

>>54328081
What off topic comments? We're discussing characters and the things we need to mind while playing them, anon. Everyone's on topic as far as I can see.
>>
>>54328114
yeah dickgirls are so on topic.
>>
>>54328108
>Or worse: it shoots up a dot for every buzzword you use.

>Sekhem shooting up for anything besides cannibalizing ultra rare items or human sacrifices

I don't agree, otherwise mummies would catch on and then all become basically Elon Musk or Peter Thiel
>>
>>54328143
/wodg/. World of Darkness / Goldshire. Where everyone has a dick, even the women. -Especially- the women.
>>
>>54328143
It's appropriate to the characters being talked about and their difficulties on top of being, you know, inhuman monsters with facsimile souls that literally turn the world around them into a inhospitable wasteland. So you know, just a small part of them (that'll suuuuuck at the new dawn.)
>>
>>54328026
People who unironically use the word "degenerate" should be gassed.
>>
>>54328114

Intersex only really describes a fairly minor range of birth conditions. I got chewed out by an intersex person once for suggesting an artist use that term instead of transphobic slurs.

>>54328179

Depending on how the character identifies, the New Dawn might very well give them the "correct" genitals.
>>
>>54328152
>human sacrifices
Does being injected with the blood of the young count? Or would that just let any silicone valley VP be a blood bather, not a mummy?
>>
>>54328166
>>54328179
just go to /lgbt/ it's why that board even exists.
>>
>>54328215
Blood bather. There's actually mummy methods to remain indefinitely active which relies on human sacrifice detailed in Sothis Ascends loosely, but not I think expounded on. They were declared a heretical schism and all the mummies involved had their cults destroyed and otherwise were punished.
>>
>>54328214
Actually yeah that's right isn't it, it's been a while since I read (skimmed) prommie 2e and only started re-reading it for a game that'll happen after my current mortals game.

>>54328223
Why, i'm talking about my Promethean character and other things, I don't think they have WoD/CoD threads there.
>>
>>54328214
This is not relevant.
>>
>>54328244
>They were declared a heretical schism
Sounds like my kind of mummies.
>>
>>54328214
Isn't the New Dawn the cult of Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion?
>>
>>54328274
I see the irrelevance meter is rising higher.
>>
>>54328274
Yeeeeeeah, or is it seventh dawn? Either way New Dawn is when a prommie turns into a real human bean after suffering for a few years. Lucky you get "free" bonuses thanks to Anthors, though that might have changed in 2e?
>>
This is the worst /wodg/ I've ever seen. Congratulations you absolute human garbage.
>>
>>54327897
>Magefags are like Americans. Better than everyone else, but they're also the most despised.

Mages, Making the Supernatural Great Again!
>>
>>54328324
Really, the thread not filled with shitposting and power baiting is the worst? My man come on. Why aren't you contributing positive content then? Shit post, talk about your game, anything you could be doing to help this 'get better' for you.
>>
>>54328345
What the fuck is this thread if it isn't shitposting?
>>
>>54328345
what to contribute promethean and mummies aren't games they're just lore discussions.
>>
>>54328345
This anon makes a good point.

Alright /wodg/ lets move on from Magewanking and Dickgirls and let's talk about literally fucking anything else.
Let's hear about your best games, retarded or awesome moments in a campaign, anything. Let's go.
>>
File: Free Council Order Art.jpg (158KB, 387x926px) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Order Art.jpg
158KB, 387x926px
So..., how 'bout them Free Council?
>>
>>54328397
>>54328397
Not gay enough
>>
>>54324766

P O O I N L O O T H A N A T O S

>>54325625

>I don't like consensual reality
Kill yourself.

>>54327779

You fuckers always come crawling back whenever something terrible comes along and derails the thread. It's always "I hate the magefags" until things go wrong. Whether it's trannybabble, /pol/esmokers, weebs, or whatever else shitting up the thread, you always beg us to do sonmething whenever they show up.

Admit it, you need us.
>>
>>54328379
A discussion? Mummy is getting some talk, people talking about Promethean characters.

>>54328392
I got to ride a demon possessed car up a building chasing a angel once, that was pretty fun. Had good fun in a splinter stuck in synth cyberpunk style.
>>
>>54328433

Their symbol is literally a toilet seat
>>
>>54328433
As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. We need magefags. You're the devil we know, guarding against the deeper horrors of autism.
>>
>>54327712
Evil Hat bullies authors they dislike off of retail sites. They're a vile organization who sadly happens to make a good system.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 630x472px
>>54328441
I want to talk about pumpkins, the WoD/CofD major template of fruit
>>
>>54328466
Go ahead and shit post! It's nothing new to Wodg my man. I'll stick to my non-fansplat content though.
>>
>>54328397
Man, The gay community is so shit. Why the fuck do you need to set us back by looking like weirdos.
>>
>>54328488
I honestly want to imagine what a Pumpkin: The Carving splat outline would look like. Five different species and three different social factions? Power stat is 'glow'?
>>
File: gay pride.jpg (191KB, 968x1998px) Image search: [Google]
gay pride.jpg
191KB, 968x1998px
>>54328495
>>
File: M034_examples.jpg (65KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
M034_examples.jpg
65KB, 400x308px
>>54328495
Because faggots are faggots, and they are symptomatic of a wider societal decay that can only be fixed by a return to proven and functional values.
>>
>>54327881
Most supernaturals don't have the same souls Mortals do, or have no soul at all. Off the top of my head, Changelings, Vampires, Werewolves, Mummies, and maybe Prometheans shouldn't trigger Paradox because their souls are either gone or seriously fucked with.

Theoretically Geists don't have Abyss bits either, since ghosts don't trigger Paradox IIRC and Geists are ghosts running around inside a person's body.
>>
>>54328511
Eh, i'm gay so i don't want to go back to 50's values but at the same time this is just too fucking much. Have some goddamn decency. it's so regressive to want to be treated normally when you act indecent in public.
>>
>>54328535
Isn't it more about lacking supernal awakening than the particulars of the soul though?
>>
>>54328508
honestly if I had to take this seriously I'd suggest that it be a autumn/harvest season/halloween theme'd splat with typical features of it being the splats (Reminder that you can have 4 x splats like demon) and have you play the demons that come out during Samhain
>>
>>54328087
It's been this way since the beginning sadly. Remember the regular "/tg/ is transgender" dickgirls posts from /d/ invaders? We got two containment boards for this shit and it still happens.

>>>/soc/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
Hey Jakki, you still here? I remember some time ago, you were talking about modern Egyptian cults and you said they were douchy? How so?
>>
>>54328274
>>54328295
It's the Mythic Dawn.
>>
>>54328579
I thought that was the Greek neo-nazi party?
>>
>>54328565
I'm no /d/ invader, i've been here for months, I just happen to play fast and loose with genders in my, you know, fantasy game with shape shifting monsters.

>>54328579
Fuck you're right, I confused names with Scions of the Seventh dawn, stupid of me. At least it wasn't the golden Dawn, thats some bad jojo.
>>
>>54328560
Could always go back to Victorian values where homosexuality was widely socially acceptable as long as it was discreet.
>>
>>54328560
>>54328495
They don't set us back at all.
You do realize this sort of stuff happens primarily at pride parades and other pride-related events, right?
The entire point is to remind society at large that we exist and that there are still many LGBT-related issues that need to be dealt with.
And I quote, "We're here, we're queer, get used to it."
>>
>>54328560
I know this feel anon.
>>
File: img_2064.jpg (560KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
img_2064.jpg
560KB, 1500x843px
>>54328564
So what would you suggest for the fall/autumn/harvest thing? I really love the aesthetics and the idea, but what would differentiate enough from Geist and Changeling?
>>
>>54328595
Personally I'd rather go back to pre-christianity roman values, where soldiers were encouraged to fall in love with fellow soldiers because they believed a man would fight harder if he was doing it to protect his boyfriend, and outside the army nobody really gave a fuck as long as you weren't part of some big important family that expected you to carry on the family name.
>>
>>54328576

Oh, it's a toss-up between white wannabe posh losers (Masons, Crowley, and the like) and some very weird black nationalists, some of whom try to combine it with Islam. Much less validly, I complain that so many of them use the fucking Greek names for the Egyptian gods.
>>
>>54328595
Or the Russian model. Homosexuality is okay, promoting a homosexual agenda isn't.
>>
>>54328630
>Much less validly, I complain that so many of them use the fucking Greek names for the Egyptian gods.

You know there's actually some academic logic to this too, beyond just them being the more recognizable names to most people?

Also can I say I'm glad you're back for a bit at least
>>
>>54328599
All it shows is how much of a freak we are and how promiscuity, unprotected sex and hedonism is rampant.
>>
>>54328606
Yeah that'd be the real kicker, trying to separate from the already established stuff with already big umbrellas of stuff to take from.

The best to come off the top of my head is making it a "spirits" game, where you're literally possessing something or creating your own body through influence like powers. So a not personal horror game, more like a fun side mini-game like playing gentry or archmages.

Two things that come to mind are, of course, harvest related spirits like pumpkins that guard either the food itself or guard harvests because it keeps humans alive which gives them essence/resonance to feed off of with harvests. Then 'emotion' spirits that work in the feeling of dread for winter on the horizon, fear of the quickly darkening nights and personify the halloween spirit thats spreading to the whole month now (Remember guys, clowns where reportedly murdering and chasing people around just last fucking year.)
>>
>>54328655

Basically, this. I don't care about gay people if I don't see them, but events like that fill me with hatred. It's why my church openly protests against them. We've raised like, US$90,000, which is more money than I've ever earned.
>>
>>54328585
Neo-Nazi Greeks are the Golden Dawn I mentioned, bad fucks. Though I think golden dawn is also a book on magics and stuff, I have it on my shelf somewhere.
>>
>>54328685
>Spending more money to hate what people do behind close doors than you do for groceries
And you wonder why you live in a trailer park
>>
>>54328654

Het-Heru and Anpu not Hathor and Anubis you fuckers >:0
>>
>>54328700
The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, an old timey "secret" society.
>>
>>54328709

The problem is that it's not behind closed doors. And, to be honest, I'm a trust fund baby.
>>
>>54328685
There's nothing wrong with seeing homosexuals, anywhere or whenever.
As it's not a problem, at all.

I'm just not a fan of boastful events, period. Pride parades are part of that.

Same with feminists.
They're putting a deep dent in a noble cause, and it's pathetic.
>>
>>54328713
Adam and Eve, not Adamska and Steve you filthy soviet plant!
>>
>>54328713
But Atma Anubis and Hathor sound much cooler (AKA they make more sense to my English raised tongue and mind.)
>>
>>54328723
It doesn't have to be behind anything.

Pride parades are not very professional.
>>
In cMage, what levels of Spirit sphere/Arete does a mage need before spirits become trivial to him?
>>
>>54328672
>Two things that come to mind are, of course, harvest related spirits like pumpkins that guard either the food itself or guard harvests because it keeps humans alive which gives them essence/resonance to feed off of with harvests. Then 'emotion' spirits that work in the feeling of dread for winter on the horizon, fear of the quickly darkening nights and personify the halloween spirit thats spreading to the whole month now (Remember guys, clowns where reportedly murdering and chasing people around just last fucking year.)

This sounds actually pretty doable with existing mechanics. Does anyone want to maybe fluff out a whole culture before next Halloween and late fall happens?
>>
File: img_pumpkin-patch_1200_004.jpg (165KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
img_pumpkin-patch_1200_004.jpg
165KB, 1200x800px
>>
>>54328747
Spirts are fun and you can do a lot of stuff with Ridden/Claimed since they can be objects, animals and people. Whatever really, as long as there's resonance/essence in line with them and they keep feeding. Though if you play something like it you -might- wanna play a lil loose with "All sprits are totally alien and amoral" since, personally, I think that's a lil restricting but I'm not one to say no to a alternate morality system. (Destroy resonance/source of Essence probably being a 1-3 sin, throw in being a magath/feeding on the wrong essence being around there two since they're actually insane.)

I've had plans and been tempted to introduced claimed as background/non-focus NPC's because it's a fairly cool 'minor splat' like entity to have running around in any game.
>>
>>54328599
You're totally right. All the debauchery and indecency at the largest and most well-known lgbt events definitely isn't negatively influencing public perception of your community at all.

And of course everybody knows a peaceful, organized protest never accomplishes anything or gets any attention unless one man is fucking another man in the ass.
>>
>>54328739

Het-Heru made me trans
>>
>>54328820
The Judges work in mysterious ways
>>
File: papas-sign-by-big-tree.jpg (260KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
papas-sign-by-big-tree.jpg
260KB, 450x300px
>>
>>54328886
I'm not going to say stop posting pumpkins but I am going to ask why?
>>
Oh look, its the one other scion fan on the entire board. Thought I missed that.
>>
File: pileofpumpkins_op_640x424.jpg (44KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
pileofpumpkins_op_640x424.jpg
44KB, 640x424px
>>54328945
Because they are the spookiest of fruit.
>>
>>54328994
They also, imo, make THE BEST form of pie on town.... Well maybe, Pecan pie is p strong.
>>
>>54327532
What were knacks from callings like. Or any of the epic attributes
>>
File: ARES.jpg (532KB, 1340x1022px) Image search: [Google]
ARES.jpg
532KB, 1340x1022px
>>54328981
I appreciate you too, anon.

>>54329004
I'm a big pecan fan, but get your stance. Also pumpkins are rad and thematic for late fall spook, ergo they add atmosphere to the thread
>>
>>54328981
>Oh look, its the one other scion fan on the entire board. Thought I missed that.

atamajakki is both the other Scion fan and the other Mummy fag. It is like the unicorn of OPP, both majestic and phallic.
>>
>>54329008
>What were knacks from callings like
Varied, a lot were situational enhancement bonuses that apply when you act in line with the calling

> Or any of the epic attributes
Strength, dex, stamina remain. The mental and social ones are kind of diffused into calling knacks and other purviews. They're pretty nifty.
>>
>>54329038
>atamajakki is both the other Scion fan and the other Mummy fag.

But anon, I am neither jakki no this poster. There are three of us, a veritable army!
>>
>>54329052
Yeah I know they're all either purviews now or folded into callings. I guess I'm just curious because we've got a fairly decent amount of purview spoilers at this point but as far as callings go we have the things in that very first preview and then hunter knacks and then thats it. Hopefully its not to long now though if the bump up on the monday meeting notes is anything to go by
>>
>>54329065
TECHNICALLY four, since I own all the books an like the lore, though I guess i'm more of a Mummy appreciator than fan so I dunno.
>>
Oh cool, new Scion content https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01LwCGSbE8kRVprZDluQkhrZ3c/view
>>
>>54329065
>There are three of us, a veritable army!

It called, a menage.
>>
How many Elders would it take to combat a very autistic Master?
>>
>>54329078
Look man, I am in the playtest so I can share our mechanics but no fluff. You want something in particular? I'm crashing soon but am willing to share chunks. Our direction with regards to sharing was 'anything that gets people hype' in my group, which I am taking to heart.
>>
>>54329099
>Still no netjer update

I didn't really care but that's going to burn jakki something fierce. Anyone suspect that pantheon's revision may be plagued with problems?
>>
>>54329099
Ah fuck I literally checked for updates today. About figured this is what it would be like though. Here's hoping we get official dates in the next update. Also the E talking through it all is a bit....uh. I don't know what it is
>>54329118
Wait shit really? I thought it was just old info you had and I was bugging you about it, I didn't know you had real stuff
Uh, what are lover knacks like?
>>
>>54329117
You're just asking for trouble at this point

Autism amplifies the powers of wizards
>>
>>54329160
Meme Magic is proof of this. Autism breaks reality down.
>>
>>54329151
I don't even know what the E is, besides for being a devil apparently?
>>
>>54329188
Some god apparently. Honestly this is the pantheon I've never heard of before.
>>
>>54329151
>Uh, what are lover knacks like?

Heroic Lover

Mortal Lover knacks bestow upon you domain over relationships, attention, and other’s emotions. At the Immortal level, this expands to the more esoteric ideals of commitment and partnership. Lover Knacks are driven by the concepts of emotion and relationships.

Fluid Appeal: When interacting with someone, gain knowledge of whatever floats their boat. At any subsequent interaction, you can shift your features to be more appealing, adding +2 Enhancement to any persuasive social action including but not limited to seduction. This bonus applies before the roll is made. Note that this does not conceal your identity in any way.

I am a Fire, Gasoline: You stoke the affection one person has towards another - including yourself -which impels them towards a relationship. If it is between two Storyguide characters, work with the Storyguide to determine how their suddenly passionate relationship takes shape. If the target is one of your Bandmates, this Knack does not work unless you obtain permission from the character’s player. If the target is yourself, you gain +1 Enhancement to all social rolls involving your partner of choice until the end of the session.

Lover’s Intuition: When touching another character, which may be as brief as a handshake, you gain an understanding of your target's romantic life. Ask one question from the following list for free. You may roll your Knack Skill and spend one success per additional question.
● Who or what does the character love?
● Who is the character romantically involved with?
● Who is the character close to?
● Who would the character like to be romantically involved with?
This may be used on your Bandmates with consent from the player.
>>
>>54329230
On Your Side: When you make a teamwork action with a person with whom you have a devoted,intimate, or romantic relationship, add your Lover dots in Enhancement to spend on Stunts including anyyou may have gained from Knacks.

Not a Fighter: When you are engaged in a fight, as long as you do not make attacks, enemies will not target you directly with their attacks. Additionally, gain +1 Enhancement to disengage and withdrawal rolls.

Perfect Partner: You know how to work perfectly in sync with someone, down to the timed beats oftheir hearts. Double the usual benefit you would provide from any teamwork rolls.

Soothing Presence: When you enter an initial social encounter, reduce Attitude by 1. For any other interaction in which you attempt to get someone else to relax, calm down, or be welcoming, you have 1 Enhancement to all applicable rolls and to apply to any Stunts you may have gained from Knacks.

Immortal Lover

Center of Attention: You’re where the people want to be. You are a centrifuge of social attention, automatically pulling anyone of lesser Tier than you into your social wake. If you are at a party and need to meet someone of political or social importance, they are there. If you need the attention of supernaturally powerful individuals, spend Momentum instead. At Storyguide discretion, you may need to make a Knack Skill roll to attract the attention of the gods themselves - and this may not always work out the way you’d like it to.
>>
>>54329239
For You, I Will: Regain 1 point of spent Legend when you perform an impressive feat that positively impacts a character whom you love (which expressly includes the platonic bond of close friendship) - this can be a Storyguide character or a Bandmate, but the feat must be suitably impressive depending on the target. What impresses an ordinary mortal is not the same as what impresses a demigod.

Hearts Aflame: When you inspire passion or promote relationships on an epic Scale (inspiring an audience of millions, changing a culture's attitudes on consent), imbue a point of Legend, rather than spending, to invoke your legendary Title as a Feat of Scale.

Lover’s Oath: You and a consenting partner enter into an agreement to bind yourselves together forever as lovers. Both parties spend a point of Legend (if applicable). From that moment on, it takes only a moment’s concentration to know the location and general state (emotional wellbeing, health, etc) of your partner. You have the option to accept Injuries for the other, and can imbue points of Legend for each other’s abilities (assuming your partner has a pool of Legend to pull from). This is a pact that binds you together by Fate, and while it does not necessarily have to be made out of romantic love, ill fortune befalls those who mistreat their partner whom they have sworn an oath to before the gods.

And that's it
>>
>>54329230
>>54329239
>>54329253
Well thank you. I honestly can't say I was expecting to get stuff like this, I appreciate it a lot.
>>
>>54329276
I live but to serve, and also drink....waaaay too much wine since I'm off of work tomorrow and had some cheese at hand and there's certain natural consequences.

Anything else you care about before I crash?
>>
>>54328713
Next you're going to complain that Christians don't call their god Yahweh.
>>
There are some owod books I can't find on the trove links (too many to request individually), where did you get your rare books? can anyone refer to me me another place?
>>
>>54329298
I mean basically all of it but I kind of feel like I'm asking for a lot. If you want to copy and paste anything else before passing out or doing whatever else it is you do leader knacks.
Speaking of, what timezone are you in?
>>
>>54329338
EST. I have been up since a fair bit before dawn today so am kind of fading. I'll share one of the purviews not shared before I sleep I think. Water, Moon, Darkness, Beasts or Sun. No particular reason for selecting these besides my suspecting they won't get their own previews since there's a fair few others.

Vote now, whichever gets the most votes in the next four or five minutes is a glorious winner.
>>
>>54329378
I don't think order has been previewed, so that if its still a thing
Or if one of those how about sun
>>
>>54329137

I have zero hope but apparently it's coming at the month's end.
>>
>>54329395
I feel like Order might warrant its own showing so...Sun!

Sun
This Purview holds sway over the Sun in all of its aspects, both the life-giving rays that drive back winter and nourish the harvest and the scorching heat that brings drought and desert barrenness. This Purview also draws on the symbolism of the setting and rise of the Sun to promise rebirth, fulfill the hopes of those in the darkness, and purify the World of that which stalks in the night.

Innate Power: You can radiate an aura of sunlight that pierces through darkness out to long range as a reflexive action. The blinding light imposes a 1-point Complication to attack you on other characters, but also provides Enhancement 1 to see you.

Blinding Glory
Cost: Spend 1 Legend
Duration: Condition
Range: Medium
Action: Simple
You unleash a flash of brilliant light, inflicting the Blind Condition (p. XX) on all characters in range. You can’t exclude characters from this effect, but if you’ve worked out a tactical plan with other characters, you can give them enough forewarning as a reflexive action that they can avert their eyes in time to avoid the flash.

Hope Reborn
Cost: Imbue 1 Legend
Duration: One day
Subject: Self
You embody the glory of the sun and the promise of the dawn. Mortals will instinctively see you as the answer to any hopes they may have, and you have Enhancement 2 when you try to identify these hopes or use them as leverage in influence.

Penetrating Glare
Cost: Imbue 1 Legend
Duration: One scene
Action: Reflexive
Your see through the darkness of lies and confusion, adding Enhancement 3 when you roll to gather information (p. XX) by looking for something that another character has tried to hide or by interviewing a witness who’s lying or simply mixed-up on details.

>>54329402
I'll believe it when I see it. I love the people on this book but they are untrustworthy on this shot
>>
Fuck it, I'll do Moon too as I prep for sleep and marathon Disney songs.

Moon
This Purview holds sway over the moonlight, creating eerie light that reveals or distorts the truth. It also rules mutability and change, embodying the cyclicality of the moon’s phases through profound or subtle transformations.

Innate Power: You can radiate an aura of moonlight that cuts through darkness out to long range as a reflexive action. Only you and those you designate can perceive this illumination—others do not benefit from it. The moonlight also reveals the true form of any shapeshifters or other transformed characters illumined by it.

Enchanting Evening
Duration: One night
Subject: One character
Range: Medium
Cast in the light of the moon, things that once seemed familiar take on new meanings and reveal hidden beauty. The target of this boon reconsiders their feelings for someone or something they see, chosen by you. The target gains a +1 or a -1 Attitude towards the chosen person or thing, depending on what their player thinks their feelings become. If the target already has an Attitude, their player shifts it up or down by a point.

Phase Cloak
Duration: One scene
You vanish into ephemeral darkness, becoming completely invisible. You have Enhancement 5 to avoid being seen. This applies against electronic surveillance and even magical scrying based on sight. Moving any faster than a walking pace or similar physical exertion reduces this to Enhancement 3 for one round. Attacking, engaging in combat, or other extremely visible displays lower it to Enhancement 1 for the round.
>>
>>54329569
Three-Faced Moon
Cost: Free or Imbue 1 Legend
Duration: Indefinite
Subject: Self or One character
Range: Short
Drawing on symbolic ties between the waxing and waning of the moon and the cycle of human age, you transform your appearance or someone else’s. You may either create a youthful appearance or an elderly one, halving or doubling the target’s actual age to determine what they now look like. This does not actually alter the physical state of a person, although it may impose Complications on some social actions. This boon is free if you use it on yourself
>>
>>54329424

I just want them to unfuck it, because that draft was godawful. And make Het-Heru her own goddess, not a Mantle of Aset!
>>
>>54328630
>and some very weird black nationalists, some of whom try to combine it with Islam.
I too think the Ascending Ones are a thematic mess.
>>
>>54330007

God, don't even get me started. They're three different factions in one with no unifying fabric! I hope they get radically restructured in Hunter 2e... which I just realized we haven't heard about in ages.
>>
>>54330029
>3

At least 3.

They're Egyptian wizards, NOI gangsters (I'll accept that as a faction), Greek... something something, Jihadis, Hindu spiritualists, etc.

And their attitude is kill it with fire, but we are pacifists, who serve as the neutral faction and mediators.

And all of it is racist stereotypes and bad writing.
>>
>>54328630
>Much less validly, I complain that so many of them use the fucking Greek names for the Egyptian gods.

Nigger ,the Egyptians themselves started using the Greek names.
>>
>>54328630
>>54330219
>tfw tripfag claims to know about Egypt but forgets the Ptolemaic Dynasty
Fuck, and I thought Black Nationalists were the only idiots who forgot.
>>
>>54330288
Why don't black nationalists go to africa if they care so much? Is it because africans fucking make fun of them and the state of most of africa is below their standards?
>>
>>54330333
Because their Moorish Americans and the Mississippi is the Nile river.
>>
>>54330288
>Greek conquerors are Egyptians now
>>
>>54330333
Why would anyone in their right mind go to Africa? Even the most deluded black people know it's a shithole with no welfare to use.
>>
>>54330333
Rastafarians believe Ethiopia is literally heaven.
>>
>>54330029
Actually about Hunter 2e.

I'm not expecting it to be that great, because it requires sympathizing with groups of people that the writers have shown themselves completely incapable of even thinking of them as being capable of complex thought.

Seriously, there's literally none of the current crop of writers I want involved in this.
>>
>>54330860
I want DaveB to write a book for Hunter 2e where they introduce Heroes as playable Hunters and make them the actual protagonists.
>>
File: WIZARD COMPUTER.jpg (81KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD COMPUTER.jpg
81KB, 480x714px
>>54324263
this pic is glorious
>>
>>54330877
Dave sadly hates Hunter.
>>
>>54331087
We could all hate Hunter a little bit more.
>>
>>54330877

Honestly, Heroes would be a decent separation from 'Mortals' and 'A bit beyond mortals but still mostly so'. At least, if they gave them non-beast-related powers.
>>
>>54331109
Don't some Hunter cabals have divine or magic powers?
>>
>>54331098
Why?
>>
>>54332052

BECAUSE HE SAID SO
>>
>>54331231

They did, yeah. Though they were decidedly mortal when not using them. Being able to use prayers didn't make you any generally better.
>>
So, aside from being a Food Critic and Ugallu Holmes...are there any other way to play Beast without being an edgy twat?
>>
>>54332430

NOPE
>>
>>54332510
Curses! Foiled in my plan to make Dick Dastardly a Begotten!
>>
>>54331087

Really? That's a surprise.
>>
>>54332540
what would be Dastardlys Hunger?
>>
Are mages useless for The Cheiron Group?
>>
>>54329305
They call it a local term. Unless you're actually Greek, use the Egyptian names for Egyptian gods.
>>
>>54329038
I like Scion's lore but it's mechanics are unplayably bad. It did help get me into comparative religion though, so I'll always be grateful for that.
>>
>>54329118
I'm only in it for the fluff tbŐ°.
>>
>>54330390
Some parts of Africa are nice if you've got money. Botswana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya and the like. I'd put it more on the fact that actual Africans don't like them any more than Europeans like white Americans.
>>
>>54332066
So same principle as Mages just X1000 weaker?
>>
>>54333025
Probably a really shitty Tyrant.
>>
I swear to god, somebody is pushing Changeling up in the poll again, albeit vote by vote. It was half of Mage votes just yesterday.
>>
>>54332621
I don't recall the exact reasons but he mentioned it in one of the Mage APs over on the cancer pit.
Granted that may have changed in the past 5+ years.
>>
>>54334297
>>
>>54327543
Hah. Not likely. WoD can't pay for their writers after all, who expects them to pay for good artists?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.