[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 34

File: tftkof.jpg (27KB, 269x245px) Image search: [Google]
tftkof.jpg
27KB, 269x245px
>Unearthed Arcana: Revised Class Options:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf

>Feedback Questionnaires:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>54137467
>>
>>54146616
I feel you, anon.
Currently playing and our DM is far from wanting to stop, but I'm building cool BBEGs that will never see the day.
>>
File: 1499152794245.png (1MB, 2371x703px) Image search: [Google]
1499152794245.png
1MB, 2371x703px
What are some campaign ideas for Modrons?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>54146891
>>
>>54146634
Is the current 5etool dead with no update?
>>
>>54146891
Just got done running a lengthy one-shot involving modron, some slaad, and a micro-plane. The tl;dr is that Primus loved this lawful little projection of order to the point of locking it away for safe-keeping. However, through stuff, a few slaad get past the lock led by a green into grey slaad, ready to complete a crazy ritual to drift the plane towards Limbo.

Enter the players who frightened normal citizens who never saw an adventurer in their life, commanding a contingency of modron, and fighting in a pseudo-Limbo-microplane hellscape.
>>
So things happened in our last session, and my Warlock is technically considered dead.

He messed around a lot, and after killing the royal family (shapeshifters, but we couldn't prove it, so my Warlock took the responsibility on himself), he was publically executed.

Except he wasn't. Alter self is quite the nasty ability to have at will.

How do you build from here? I need to "remake" the characters personality and background.

How would you suggest reintroducing the character to the party? The GM seems to expect me to walk up to my party and say "hey guys I am not actually dead", but doesn't that seem like a kinda bad idea?

I feel like the optimal route would be to somehow establish a character backstory and new personality, meet the party and either claim to be a friend of the old Warlock (with a shitty deceit attempt to allow them to "know" he is lying) or just subtly hint he is the old one, in the "keep this a secret" fashion.

Any good suggestions?
>>
What can I do to get the most out of Paladin's Oath of the Crown 7th level ability? From SCAG:

>Divine Allegiance: Starting at 7th level, when a creature within 5 feet of you takes damage, you can use your reaction to magically substitute your own health for that of the target creature, causing that creature not to take the damage. Instead, you take the damage. This damage to you can’t be reduced or prevented in any way.

The best idea I've got is finding a way to stack lots of temp hp. Is that the best way to go?
>>
>>54147005
Multiclass into moon druid to have an absolutely ludicrous hp pool
>>
>>54146994
I'm confused. So you altered yourself to not die in the execution?
>>
>>54146994
Just tell the party, unless they have a major reason to hate your PC then there's no reason not to really.

Keeping a major secret like that rarely does any good or works out in my experience. I believe small character secrets (lying about where they're from, their family and etc.) can work.

Secrets that are major (race, class and entire fucking identity) normally end incredibly badly or become annoying to other party members.

If you do decide to do this, let people know out of character about it or at least one party member in character.

>>54146962
I believe so.
>>
>>54146994
>The GM seems to expect me to walk up to my party and say "hey guys I am not actually dead", but doesn't that seem like a kinda bad idea?

No actually, there doesn't really seem to be an issue with this approach. What, do you think they're going to turn you back in to the authorities?
>>
>>54147027
>ludicrous hp pool

Now that I think of it, how viable is a barbarian/moon druid multiclass?
>>
>>54147159
Pretty good. Raging with bear totem on top of burning druid spells for hp regain means you have one of the toughest hp pools in the game.

Nerdarchy ran an episode on such a build.
https://youtu.be/Dnfa8fm1XPU
>>
>>54147159
It's probably better early on. I think Rage can apply to your wildshape's attacks (since it's only spells that can't be done anymore), so you'll be a very strong, very bulky and very angry bear up until level 4 (Barb 1/Druid 3)

Unfortunately, a level 5 Barbarian has Extra Attack, probably also GWM/PAM, and also a totem power, meaning that Barbarian 5 is better damage-wise than Barb 2/Druid 3, since there's not much way of increasing your wildshape's damage via feats. Furthermore, entering Rage and using Wildshape are both bonus actions.

It's not unviable, though. Tank-wise it's amazing since you've basically got a pool of 60ish extra HP in your two wildshapes, which is effectively doubled due to Rage. Plus, you have some extra spellcasting utility, since you're a 2nd level spellcaster, which can come in handy out of combat and when you're out of rages.
>>
>>54147057
Oh no, the players know. They were there when everything happened. OOC is not a problem.

I like the PC, but given the campaign, I can't continue using the same "character". I can easily just alter self and recreate a new backstory and personality, it is more about how I go about doing that towards the party IC.

>>54147127
No, I am worried that the other characters will continue to act like we are old buddies, when their buddy is dead. If we can at least keep it slightly secret at first, we will have an easier time navigating in this political clusterfuck we are in.
>>
Someone help me please.

I've got to write a backstory for my new character cause my Wizard died. I love the idea of Druids and decided to make one.

So far I've got Half-Drow Underdark Druid who's trying to find the living members of his family after they escaped from the Underdark when their house was destroyed. Also hoping to get revenge against the house that ruined his.

That's all I've got though and I feel like an ass if I don't have at least a bit more.
>>
>>54146657
Most GMs will relish a chance to play. If my player had an idea for a campaign I'd definitely let them run it after the current one is over!
>>
>>54147300
Why not let the characters know and tell them to keep a secret. It's probably better than to have it come out. If you're not expecting them to betray you. Perhaps masquerade as a relative of one of theirs to make sure that the friendliness isn't suspicious.
>>
>>54146657
I've been the DM for my group for well over a decade at this point, every time we finish a campaign I ask if anyone would like to run a game and every time they all hem and haw and say I should keep doing it, the one time I said I didn't feel like running it we just stopped playing for two months until I agreed to DM again.

Please anon, for the sake of DM's everywhere, offer to run the game. Give your DM the chance I never had!
>>
File: it-seemed-like-a-good-idea1.jpg (107KB, 350x353px) Image search: [Google]
it-seemed-like-a-good-idea1.jpg
107KB, 350x353px
>>54147388
>Half-Drow Underdark Druid
For what purpose
>>
>>54147506
A justifiable reason to take the Underdark land option for a Half-Elf Druid. I really just wanted Stinking Cloud and to bring something different to a party of Humans.
>>
File: Duergar_-_Eva_Widermann.jpg (29KB, 350x239px) Image search: [Google]
Duergar_-_Eva_Widermann.jpg
29KB, 350x239px
>>54146634
So /5eg/, my players have killed an old ancient king's restless spirit, and whomever lays the killing blow upon the monarch inherits his Legendary Greataxe and becomes the only person capable of attuning to it. The party found out at the end of last session that some Duergar also wanted the hammer, and now those Duergar have to (Obviously) kill the PCs to claim it for themselves.

How do I make a skirmish between 7 players and 40 or so Duergar interesting instead of a slog?
>>
>>54147543
Tower Defence where the Duergar keep finding new references and tricks.

Bonus Points if you make the toughest guys enter first and slightly weaker guys enter every minute or so after. They never expect the strong ones first and so will hold off using their best resources.
>>
>>54147565
>references
Entrances.
>>
>>54147528
Eh, it's a little edgy, but hopefully you know what you're doing with it.

Just write enough backstory to be able to answer:

>Where did you come from?
>What made you become a wanderer?
>What makes you want to work with the party?
>What are your goals as an individual?
>Who hates your character, and has a very good reason for hating them?
>Outside of the party, who could be called an ally/friend to your character?
>Who does your character dislike or oppose in an irrational way?
>Describe three things about your character that would be considered 'average' for a person of their race and origins.
>Where does your character see themselves in five years?

Anything else is mostly window dressing. All a backstory needs to do is give your character a personality, goals and some idea of how to play them, while giving your DM something to work with to tie your character into the world.

If you have trouble writing backstories, just bulletpoint the above, there's no need to write novels or plot out every inch of your character's life up till now.
>>
File: 1493260936070.gif (2MB, 291x244px) Image search: [Google]
1493260936070.gif
2MB, 291x244px
>>54147543
>Party found out some Duergar also wanted the HAMMER

Meant to type Axe, dahoy.
>>
>>54147266
A level 5 Barb had Extra Attack, but the bear attacks twice anyway.
Rage is a bonus action, yes, but note that Wild Shape is a bonus action OR a regular action. So you can do it all on your turn if you like. It does carry a big risk though - if you don't get take damage or get an AoO you lose rage.
However, that's where a fun combo comes in. You're not getting GWM/PAM, so you grab Sentinel. With careful positioning, you can guarantee your target attacks you or provokes an AOO from you. Unless they spend their turn dodging or something (which is a little meta), you'll be good to go.

Alternately, just wild shape and go nuts and rage on round two.
>>
I require some good arena 1v1 fight music. Any personal favorites?
>>
>>54147441
>Perhaps masquerade as a relative of one of theirs to make sure that the friendliness isn't suspicious.
Oh that is perfect.

I will play the younger brother of the Paladin who already plays like a Team mom. He won't come back either (dead, but that is not public knowledge due to the circumstances, so that is actually good.

Thanks man
>>
>>54147609
Depends on who are the ones doing the fighting.

You can't go wrong with RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>54147628
A Human Fighter vs Half-Orc Pugilist. The usual affair.
>>
>>54147643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw
>>
>>54147589
Alright thanks, I can work off this. I know it may seem a little edgy but I'm really hoping the avoid both the "tortured existence" and "psycho loner" sides of edgy.

Decided to run him the way 2e Druid's Handbook describes True Neutral, that in the grand scheme of things he sees very little reason to act unless something threatens the balance of the world.

In all other decisions he does whatever he can justify as being the right thing to do for nature. Be that working with the party at killing the Red Dragon, or the Gold Dragon because they could both cause issues to the balance.

Basically will side with the majority of the party most times because the chances they cause major issues to balance is pretty much impossible. The book also makes Druids seem like vengeful and petty people so I might skip that part.

Also not going to be an idiot and he'll keep the fact he's more then a weird looking Half-Elf to people he knows well.
>>
>>54147666
No Satan, not yet.
>>
>>54147543

Siege battle?

Hole the party up in a tower or some sort of fortification. The Druegar siege the party, building fortifications, firing magical not-cannons, starving the PCs out, undermining the foundations, poisoning the wells, launching slave goblins via catapult etc etc
>>
>>54147692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8oby6NBeg
>>
>>54147707
I like it!
>>
File: 1488851008640.png (267KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488851008640.png
267KB, 500x375px
>>54147643
PUGILISM YOU SAY?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JapDyUwAu8

Honestly the entire Killer Instinct OST is amazing. Composed by Mick Gordon, who also did the recent DOOM game, if that's any indication of his credentials.

Just a few more if lyrics ain't your thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gt5KgJtwcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4vJn0IikkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91v7VPe4r2s
>>
>>54147601
True. Also, since neither Barb nor Moon Druid get tremendously great buffs after level 3 (since Extra Attack isn't that important if you're gonna be wildshaping), you could also consider putting the rest of your levels into Warlock for Armor of Agathys, which will boost your damage and durability by quite a bit. But that'll delay your spells and ASIs/feats more (although stats don't matter much for moon druids - might as well go Variant Human for Sentinel).
>>
>>54147707 here
>>54147741 seconding this.

The entire OST is amazing, but it may feel a bit too modern.
>>
>>54147741
Polemos fits well with this fight, good one!
>>
>>54147744
Extra attacks I think are actually pretty good with wildshape, no? They stack and your wildshape usually has one big attack, so having an extra on top of that makes it really good, or at least competitive with just scaling your wildshape.
>>
File: Accord.png (800KB, 685x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Accord.png
800KB, 685x1084px
What race is Accord? [Spoiler]Warforged?[/Spoiler] What about Devola and Popola
>>
>>54147804
Damn you phoneposting, damn you to hell.
>>
>>54147772
Ah, really? I'm not sure. The Brown Bear, for example, has 'Multiattack', which allows it to bite and claw once, but the Extra Attack feature specifies 'when you take the Attack option'. But you're not taking the Attack action, you're taking the Multiattack action.
>>
>>54147772
>they stack
Not with Multiattack, it doesn't,and if you're going Barb 5, you're stuck with CR1 forms until level 11, so even the strong-one-Attack animals are unimpressive. Which kind of makes the whole exercise useless.
>>
>>54147833
Correct. Extra Attack would let you use the better Attack twice, but it's fairly marginal an increase for a four-level investment.
>>
>>54147833
You can I think still Attack twice, which means your Bite (1d8) + Claw (2d6) becomes two Claws, which increases your damage slightly. Also, since you're an angry and very strong bear you can also grapple and shove.
>>
>>54147875
I'd much rather get spells and more powerful forms then +2.5 average damage.

Like... Yeah. I'd probably do Druid X/Barbarian 2 for the build.
>>
>>54147888
Rage also gives you another extra +2 on top of that, and you can reckless attack for advantage.

And I'm thinking things like giant elk going in for ram and then immediately following it up with hooves.
>>
>>54147928

That's a very strong combo, but are you sure your campaign will go to level 11? Are you sure it will continue long enough after that you get to use that combo much?
>>
>>54147928
You do get the +2 on each of your Multiattack hits though, so it's still only a net 2.5 damage increase.

Honestly, Barbarians should really get more rage damage. Still being stuck at +3 at level 15 is so underwhelming.
>>
>>54147949
Eh, you can do giant toad bite->swallow at 9, and you don't even get your second attack until 7 anyway.

>>54147975
Either that, or everyone else should get less damage (with HP values cut down to compensate).

Returning to this whole multi-attack thing was a mistake.
>>
I'm making a class, at level 14th using 4 resources point I can make two shortsword attack 2d6 + bonus 12 + bonus attack 2d4 + ability 4d6 for an average of 38 point of damage and an maximum of 56. Is this balanced? What is the average damage at these levels?
>>
>>54147987
>bite->swallow at 9
You can't, actually. Swallow's not a weapon attack; it's a proper Action. It doesn't qualify to be doubled up with Extra Attack.
>>
>>54148008
Oh yeah, good catch. I got confused by the "make a bite attack" part.
>>
>>54147928
>Rage also gives you another extra +2 on top of that, and you can reckless attack for advantage.
Which is why I said I'd go 2 in Barb.

The fact of the matter is you're using 3 levels to gain a decent damage increase, in exchange for losing access to CR3 forms when you get to level 11 as a Druid X/Barbarian 2.

I gotta say I'd much rather be a Giant Scorpion dealing 2d8+1d10+6+6 with a chance to grapple them twice. Also they have to save for half damage against 4d10.

Elk with Extra Attack on the other hand has 2d6+6, save against prone and then either 2d6+6 or 4d8+6.

Assuming everything fails it's saves. Giant Scorpion is 42.5 versing Giant Elk is 37.

If they pass saves then Giant Scorpion is 31.5 versing Giant Elk with 26.

You're much better off boosting new Wild Shape forms then getting Extra Attack.
>>
>>54147707
I WAS GOING TO POST THIS EXACT SONG WHAT
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
Hey 5eg, one of my players is a Gunslinger and I wanted to give him something that's more befitting the archetype of the quickdraw desperado. Is this broken?

Holster of the Desperado
Wondrous Item, Requires Attunement

If a one-handed firearm is stored in this holster, you may use your reaction at any time to instantly draw it and make an Attack Action with it. This attack action can only be used to attack with that firearm, and can not be used to take a Grapple or Shove attack or reload a firearm. Placing a firearm in the holster requires a full action, regardless of class specific traits or feats.

The idea being that once or maybe twice per fight the Gunslinger can quickly draw and fire a backup revolver or something of the sort.

In addition, it means that regardless of where he rolls on initiative, he can always get the first shot off on an enemy.
>>
>>54147744
>neither Barb nor Moon Druid get tremendously great buffs after level 3

You mean, other than Conjure Spells that ass rape the action economy, or higher level spells to keep concentration of while in wild shape, or do you mean Wild Shaping into elementals?
>>
>>54148054
Should add that it's intended that this attack can be a multi attack.
>>
>>54148054
It's essentially an extra action surge that can be used at any time...

That... actually wouldn't be a bad feature for a quickdraw-focused fighter (be it a gunslinger or a samurai).
>>
Does the Half-Orc Savage Attack feature get affected by Great Weapon Fighting?
>>
>>54148090
I should think so. Even if it doesn't it seems like an obtuse oversight rather than Rules-As-Intended.
>>
>>54148054
>requires a full action
Just action. Full action isn't a thing in 5e.

>>54148066
The fact it's "Make the Attack Action" rather then "Make a Weapon Attack" already does that. No need to add it in

Other then those the actual function of the item's cool. I'm normally not a fan of tailor-made weapons that only exist to buff a certain party member's abilities, but this one's nice.
>>
>making an artificer
>looking up details on mechanical servant
>no restriction on flying
>can make a giant mechaeagle

Neat.
>>
>>54148090
The Sage Advice clarified that GWF affects only weapon damage dice, which *is* what Savage Attack adds, so I'd say yes.
>>
>Force Blade of Speed
>Longsword +2
>+2d4 Force damage
>3 times per day, when the sword is sheathed in its hilt, you can perform a quick draw as a reaction. This can also be done as soon as an enemy enters your reach, along with any other attacks made using your reaction.
>This attack is made with advantage, and scored a critical hit on a 18-20. The total damage of this attack is made with force damage.
>You regain all 3 uses at sunrise.
I plan on giving this to the Bladelock in my party. He had medium armour and shield, and uses a Longsword already. He is very far behind the rest, and I was hoping this might help bring him up to par.

Thoughts? We have some rather large gaps in damage among a fighter with GWM, and a Sharpshooter UA Ranger. The Bladelock is not at all close to the rest.

He has a magical medium armour related to his patron, so I dont want the sword to be as well. Force feels like a Warlock element, so I wanted to stick to that as well.
>>
>>54148215
Do the other members have dope magic items as well? Because this is pretty strong.
>>
>>54148215
That's pretty fucking damn powerful. I mean that's alright if you're going for that type of thing.

Personally I'm a fan of very few Magical Death Sword's and etc. in a game, with most people only getting 1 magical item that's a flat increase. I like lots of little items that are utility though.

Personally I'd make it 1d8 just because if he's going Sword and Board it feels nicer to roll 2d8 rather then 1d8+2d4. I'd probably not make it a +2 sword either, maybe +1 Attack at most.
>>
>>54148226
Ranger has a +1 Bow that ignores cover and doesn't require ammunition.

Fighter has a Greatsword +1 that allows him to cast fly once per day.

But are doing a ton more damage than him.
>>
>>54148187

I actually had great success with the Giant Vulture myself.Sure the stats are a bit lower but Pack tactics is always on and it hit very consistantly
>>
How do you tell another player that his character concepts are horrible and ruin the tone of the game for the rest of the party?

How do you tell the DM he's doing a shitty job by enabling him?
>>
>>54148282
1d8 does sound better with a Longsword d8. Yeah I'll do that.

He is the only one without a +x weapon, but I was just thinking that, among the other players, a +2 still wouldn't being bring him up to par, but only get him closer to actually matching the others.

I like giving out 3 pieces of magical gear to each person.
>>
>>54148320
You find a group where you aren't a That Guy ruining the fun of the rest of the party.
>>
>>54148284
Alright. Well no idea what level they are but think of it this way.

Fighter's gonna be doing 4d6+6+2+20 with +2 attack at level 5 with his weapon.

Ranger's doing 2d8+6+2+20 with +4 attack,

With this Hexblade's going to be doing 2d8+4d4+8+4 with +9 attack. Another 2d6 if he uses Hex.

That's Fighter 42, Ranger 37 and Hexblade 31. Hexblade gets +7 if he's using one of his spells on Hex though. Once they get to 11 as well Hexblade will get another +10 damage.

Personally I don't like it, sure it brings the Hexblade up to the same level in damage... but he has +5 Attack over them and +2 AC with a shield.
>>
>>54148294
Oh neat, I honestly haven't looked too much into things yet since it's still a level off. A giant mecha bearded vulture swooping at you would be a great start to a fight.
>>
>>54148337

> calling out That Guy makes you That Guy

Yeah, nah, you're a fuckwit
>>
>>54148337
>Hey buddy, stop being That Guy, it's totally fine if I want to play a Chaotic Evil Rapist Cannibal and attack every NPC we meet on sight
>Why are you ruining my fun?
>>
>>54148343
Level 10.

He is not a Hexblade. He is a Bladelock with GOO pact.
>>
>>54148439
Oh dear lord. Give him the weapon as a 1d8 damage and maybe make it a +1 weapon. Other then that yeah it's fine, he'll need it.
>>
>>54148399
>>54148372
>I dont like this thing both players and GM are okay with
>I want them to stop
>That makes my group full of fuckwits and That Guys. I am not to blame, clearly.
>>
>>54148372
>I... I'm think you are ruining the tone of the game
>GM has no problem with it
>the player is still ruining the tone!
I think you might have the wrong idea of what tone the GM wants for his game.
>>
>>54148456
>>54148485
Have you never encountered a GM that allowed something they really shouldn't have? Unless the person quoted plans on elaborating pointlessly assuming the worst is just fagging up the thread
>>
>>54147804
Warforged, all. Well, maybe the descendant models of D&P would be basically human, what with the theme of the game being "What's the difference, at this point?"
>>
>>54148510
>Have you never encountered a GM that allowed something they really shouldn't have?
Yes I have.

I left the group, because clearly our wishes and hopes for the game didn't align. I wanted something different than them.

I had the same thought at first. "Why is the GM allowing this? He clearly shouldn't." But then I thought about it like a normal social person would do, and realized that I was probably the issue, instead of badgering the GM who didn't have a problem with it.

If you are having a problem with something No one else does, they aren't the ones that should change.
>>
>>54148623
He never said he was badgering the GM (if anything he implied he hadn't done anything). What you're describing seems to just assume everyone else in the group has absolutely no opinion one way or another. Again without saying the actual issue the guy has it could be either party at fault. Maybe the person posting is autistic and doesn't thinks monks should be in DnD. Maybe the questionable player wants to play a human transported from earth and turned into a dog person and the GM is just meekly accepting because he's bad at saying no. Without the guy clarifying you're just being an asshole assuming the worst
>>
>>54148680
>player wants to play a human transported from earth and turned into a dog person
Not him but that's a perfectly acceptable character in some games. Especially in games with Furry players or DM.
>>
>>54148320
>How do you tell the DM he's doing a shitty job by enabling him?
Alright, the first one is acceptable in a few situations but this one isn't. There's no way you can insult a DM and then expect to still play with him without being a that guy.

If you really think the DM is that bad and do plan to insult him over it (I can't say, he might honestly be a trash DM) then just drop out the game, find a new one and let him have his fun. No reason to burst his bubble because you want something different.
>>
>>54148689
>Especially in
Only in
>>
>>54148689
My point exactly.

>>54148680
You are assuming there is such a thing as "not okay". It doesn't exist. The most depraved shit you can think of, can be a-okay in the right group. If you dont like it, you dont belong in that group.

Before even confronting the GM with a "Shit I dont like" speech, you should always strongly consider if the others are actually having a problem with it. If no one seems to have a problem, and you are the only one who does, you should never start a "this should be changed" talk with your GM. Because THEN you will have GMs who just changes it because someone specifically asked to have it removed from the game.
>>
What would you do with a magic shield?

I mean, giving it bonuses is obvious, but super boring. I am thinking of a magic shield that has effects outside of just +1.

Any good ideas? I can't think of anything other than some Evasion like ability, but assuming shield master, it quickly becomes redundant.
>>
Can you move between Eldritch Blasts?
>>
>>54148850
...all those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!
>>
>>54148882
No, I don't think so, since the action of casting Eldritch blast cannot be split up. For Extra Attack it's specifically mentioned in the PHB that you can.

Since you're ranged, though, and have a pretty damn good range, I doubt this situation comes up all that often, right?

>>54148850
Could have it coated in some corrosive acid or flames or ice or whatever. If an enemy hits the shield (which you might define as 'when an enemy misses you by 2 or 3 points on his attack roll) it takes damage. 1d8 or 2d8 probably. Could also have you recover HP or temp HP if an enemy hits the shield.

Could give it some basic utility. Maybe it's got the Light cantrip cast on it, and the wielder can activate or dim it at will. You can also have it materialize from a ring or a bracelet, which would be quicker than drawing the actual shield.
>>
How would you run a Fate (Japanese visual novel) game in 5e?
>>
>>54148882

Different answer for different definitions of "between."

Unless otherwise prevented, you can always move before or after an attack and split your movement up with the attack.

Normally, Eldritch blast costs 1 full action and generates between 1-4 bolts. Even though they are separate attack rolls they are still considered to be fired at the same time, and thus there is no "between" to move in.

However, if you had obtained a second action through some means like Action Surge you would be able to move, cast EB with your first action, move again, cast EB with your second action, and then move a third time as long as you had movement remaining.
>>
>>54149053
First of all, I would fuck off back to /pfg/ and keep my weebshit there.
>>
>>54148886
Go on...

Assuming you allow it to be used as a thrown weapon, how would you rule it?

How much damage, and how would the interaction be? No AC bonus for the rest of the round, or does it just return quick enough to not matter?
>>
>>54148850
A demonic shield that give advantage in Intimidation or as an action can make a creatures frightened.
A mirror shield that shot lightning as a reaction.
A heavy shield that emit an aura that protect against fire.
>>
>>54149053
Well, the game already has a few descriptions of skills and stuff for all characters. Since Servants are also retardedly powerful, they should be based off of level 20 characters (and can maybe level to 30) while the magi are level 1 and can level to 10 or 15 or something.

Practically though, I don't think 5e is built for a Fate type setting, since Fate is an arena-type (pvp) game and 5e is not optimized for that.
>>
>>54149123
>As a bonus action, you can throw your shield at your opponent. It must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. Regardless from the result, the shield can than bounce from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 15 feet of it. Once the shield has hit three creatures or has no more creatures to bounce to, it returns to your hand. Once you have used this feature, you can no longer use it until a short rest.

Seems pretty fair, although you should probably be able to throw your shield as an attack action and deal damage with it.
>>
It's okay if I give a PC of level 14 the ability to cast imprisonment if I give him two or three restrictions, reduce his selection of imprisonment type and can only do it once at day?
>>
>>54149251
>can knock prone 3 people as a bonus option
That seen to powerful to me
>>
>>54149303
Shield master can do the same to one guy, but every single round. Being restricted to once per short rest balances out doing it to multiple targets.
>>
>>54148850
Jovial Heater Shield: A metal shield in the shape of a grinning face, the mouth opens and spews fire once per day (as the spell Burning Hands, save DC is 8+Proficiency+CON)

Crystal Bulwark: A translucent sheet of crystal with grips, as an action you can transform the shield into a Wall of Force (as the spell) 15 ft wide and 10 ft tall for 1 minute. You can end this effect as a free action, causing the shield to reappear and drop to the ground in the same spot you transformed it. In the event that the spell Disintegrate is used to destroy the Wall of Force the shield does not reappear.

Coward's Buckler: A small wooden shield painted with red and white concentric rings. When hit by a melee attack you may, as a reaction, switch positions with a willing creature you can see. Any damage you would have taken is dealt to this creature instead. You may not use this feature again until you have completed a short or long rest.

Imbecile's Powderkeg: A wooden shield painted with a rune of fire. When hit by a melee attack you may, as a reaction, reduce the damage you would take to 0 then cast Fireball centered on your position as a 9th level spell, Save DC 20. After activating this feature this item is destroyed beyond repair.
>>
>>54149303
>>54149315
Battlemaster also can do it as well. Ranged battlemaster actually has almost the exact same skill if he uses a superiority die on each of his attacks, only he deals damage, and those recharge per short rest too. And this is available from level 5 if you have Crossbow Expert.

Knocking multiple creatures Prone isn't *that* excessively powerful, either, since getting up just costs half your movement. Unless you've also got three Barbarians ready to grapple everyone, they're just gonna get up the next round, no harm done.
>>
File: image_18.png (538KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
image_18.png
538KB, 1280x768px
>>54148850
>Giving it bonuses

Here comes the 'magical weapons/armour/shields has to have an AC/attack bonus or else it's clearly shit!'

It's kinda okay to give it bonuses along with another effect as it appeases both the braindead goons and the people who like to think, but absolutely you don't need to give them bonuses, and giving bonuses to both shields and armour can lead to some annoying AC stacking.
>>
>>54149480
Yeah, but the question was what you can give a magic shield.

And just adding +1 and calling it a day is the obvious solution. Hence why I asked for suggestions for other options.

Also, stop avatar posting, faggot.
>>
>>54149480
Yeah I agree with >>54149504 in that you're either an avatarfag or need new reaction images at this point. Seriously you use like the same 3-5 in every thread.
>>
>>54149504
I skimmed a bit too much and it seemed the post could easily be read as '+1 bonus and an effect'

If going for bonuses, the question is what sort of shield you want. A tower shield would likely have an area protection effect and a smaller shield would likely have more of a reaction/personal effect.

It's only avatar posting once you can tell who I am.
>>
>>54149514
You're not wrong about the fact I should stop being lazy but also I'm not the only ai-poster.
>>
File: 2017-07-04 14.54.42.jpg (369KB, 1200x560px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-04 14.54.42.jpg
369KB, 1200x560px
How do I make a Dwarf "Exotic" to mesh with the Far Traveler Background?

Samurai lamellar armour and a studded warclub instead of plate and warhammer?
>>
>>54149546
>Kobold
>Just a halfling with more fur
>Fat Gnomes
>those hair patterns on the Dwarves
>tails?
I'm viscerally disgusted.
>>
I'm playing a wood elf. Are perception checks at disadvantage in darkness?
>>
>>54149595
Since you have darkvision, within 60ft, you'll see dim light when you're in darkness and thus it'll be disadvantage/-5 passive perception.
Hearing is fine though.

More importantly, enemies don't get advantage against you and you don't have disadvantage to attack.
>>
File: 1499129471305.png (56KB, 182x182px) Image search: [Google]
1499129471305.png
56KB, 182x182px
How do I become a better Roleplayer?
I've just started on my first 5e campaign as a bard and Im doing fine, but I would like to try to put in more personality and roleplay but Im not sure how to do it.
Are there any good resources for this? Sorry if it's in the OP but I couldnt find it.
>>
>>54149611
Thank you
>>
>>54148215
make sure it's somehow clearly known that this is meant for the bladelock if you're making it especially for him.
>>
>>54149863
The Ranger is using Crossbow Expert and the Fighter is using GWM.

No chance they want a Long sword. And they know he is struggling to keep up, so they are very likely to let him have it regardless, especial as he is the only one without a magic weapon.
>>
>>54149595
>>54149611
>>54149664
The main thing to remember is DMs never rules on light properly unless its roll20 because its a hassle. I've never seen a DM give someone with darkvision disadvantage or have them limited to 60 feet while in darkness
>>
>>54149888
Keep in mind also that damage output is not the end-all of DnD. It's not like all your players need to do the exact same amount of damage. And the Bladelock is still a caster class, they can do more than just run up to the opponent and hit them with their sword, unlike the Fighter who's stuck doing just that all the time.

That said pure Bladelocks are hopelessly weak and need all the buffs they can get, since their pact boon doesn't give them that much extra utility aside from not immediately sucking in melee. But honestly if he wanted damage he could've also gone for GWM or PAM. Both the Fighter and the Ranger had to sacrifice a feat to get their damage output, after all.
>>
>>54149619
Well first I'd say read a lot and steal traits you like.

There's also a fair few places where you can generate a back story to base a personality on.

If you're completely stomped maybe http://www.springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/character-personality.htm can work for you, though I find it a bit too arbitrary.
>>
File: Yokai Warlock.jpg (656KB, 891x1437px) Image search: [Google]
Yokai Warlock.jpg
656KB, 891x1437px
What is "loose earth", exactly? Mold Earth says I can instantly excavate and move it. If my party and I were fighting someone, and I used it on the ground they were standing on, would it be legit? Dig a hole, let them fall, then drop the dirt on them to disorient them?
>>
>>54149619
>>54150027
Oh and most important.
Practice: be gruff, loud, funny, punny, corny, hammy or a blatant trope/ripoff, it all adds.

Just never be a hooded corner-lurker, and try to avoid being a self-insert.
>>
Question: Abjuration Wizard's Arcane Ward. If the ward takes all the damage from an attack, does it still count as you being hit for the purposes of Armor of Agathys?
>>
I'm using Mythic GM to test an adventure I wrote. What two classes synergize best to fill every role necessary in a standard party?
>>
>>54150056
According to the twitter.
Dirt, the brown stuff plants in, without pavenent, not sand and not gravel/rubble.
>>
>>54150096
Paladin and bard.
>>
>>54150101
So my scenario works then if we're fighting on like dirt and grass? Sweet. Mold Earth is my favorite cantrip, I think. So many options.
>>
>>54150096
Cleric and Bard i'd say.
Nets you a split between str/wis and
dex/int/cha
>>
>>54150121
Should do.
I'd say sand should also work.
The limiytarion is mainly to avoid tunneling through rock or building stone walls i'd say.
>>
>>54150056
I'd say you can dig the hole, but not drop it on top of them. I'd also let them make a dex save vs your spell mod, or they drop down and fall prone, no damage.
>>
File: 1423694810164.jpg (76KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
1423694810164.jpg
76KB, 400x577px
>>54149546
Bump
>>
>>54150056

This is a question that's been asked here many times, and I think the general consensus is as follows: Loose earth refers exclusively to the topmost layer of dirt on the ground. In some places, the topmost layer is thicker than in other places, but for most people, even the loosest of dirt will only go down a few inches at best. As such, it is ill suited for suddenly creating a five foot hole unless you're specifically in an excavation site.

You can even test this yourself. Go outside and try and push your finger into the dirt. Loose earth would be earth you can easily push your finger through, otherwise it's compacted earth.
>>
Would it be unbalanced to allow a Warlock to use their Mystic Arcanum uses to power up a lower level spell rather than cast their one high level spell with it? For example, use a 9th level Mystic Arcanum to cast Geas, if the Warlock somehow learned it?
>>
>>54150198
Warlocks are already strong enough. They don't need anymore help
>>
>>54150163
>>54149546
You could go for a Underdark type character, underlander rather than outlander, nervous at the thought of the open sky being so high with no structural support keeping it up.
>>
>>54150198
Warlocks are fairly week. They could use the help.
>>
File: 1355423876433.jpg (49KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1355423876433.jpg
49KB, 441x408px
>>54150241
>Warlocks are already strong enough.
That's a funny joke anon
>>
>>54150241
>>54150254
Thanks, my dudes
>>
>>54150241
You forgot your :^b
>>
>>54150056
Any lose earthern material that can be shifted without having to break the material up.

Sand, gravel, soil, silt, etc.
>>
>>54150198
Flavour-wise it's against the idea of the class.

Power-wise it's fine.
>>
Out of the three core Oath for Paladins, which one is the most useful? Vengeance seems the most offensive but it doesn't seem to have much in the way of utility
>>
What's the deal with Warforged? Are they really just "constructs made for fightin'" or is it possible to play one whose background isn't connected to battle?

I'm inspired to make a College of Lore Bard warforged who uses the resilience of his constructed form to make a living as a travel writer and explorer to lands too hostile for soft-bodies.
>>
>>54150614
In my campaign setting I use Warforged stats but they are called Clockworks, which are worshipers of Mechanus who chose to replace their own bodies with enchanted clockwork parts until they were completely mechanical. There are also scratch built Clockworks, but the oldest leaders of the faction are converts.
>>
Hey, quick ball; I recall there being optional rules for fighting many enemies and speeding it up in dmg/ph but I can't find it at all. The rule was that overkill damage could spill over to nearby enemy, so I was thinking about using that instead rolling the initiative only few times and making more than one monster act on a turn.
>>
>>54150614
They are designed for work and war in stead of their gnomish creators, but with sentiemce came preference, after the war many took up new intrest, rebuilt themselves or one another for their new pursuits.

Some stripped off metal and took up druidism, some embedded crystals, carved runes and became arcanists.
>>
>>54150027
>>54150057

Thanks for the tips, guess I'm just gonna overdo it for now and calibrate later
>>
>>54150593
Devotion and ancients are very close.

Overall, I like Ancients best. Magic resistance AURA is great, and their spell list is better than devotion because of less overlap with your standard Paladin spells.

Devotion feels more offensive. They are certainly good in the regard though.

Setting aside the Turn channels (depends too much on the campaign) the Devotion channels are way better because of Sacred Weapon. Ancients root is terrible.
>>
>>54150931

I've only played one paladin, and that was devotion, and "offensive" is not a word I'd use to describe it.
>>
Is GMing easy to pickup? I made a pretty primitive starter campaign to play with my mates only but they've all bailed on me and it would be even harder to get them to to play offline, currently playing in a couple roll20 games and wondering if it's worth trying to get a group from there to give me a taste of what GMing is like.
>>
>>54150963
When comparing ancients to devotion, they definitely are, Sacred Weapon is probably one of the best early damage buffs you could ask for, and even lategame that bonus to hit is very welcome.

Also curious what you mean by that... Paladins are one of the most insane burst damage dealers in the game.
>>
>>54147626
>I'll pretend to be the (actually dead) little brother of the team's paladin
Sounds good. I'm sure that won't be hard to watch or ever come back to bite you in the end.

This is actually good. The disguise shouldn't be perfect and unending anyway.
>>
>>54150980
Get a group together at reddit.

I hate the place, but trust me, do NOT look for a group on roll20. That hellhole makes Reddit look nice in comparison.

Roll20 is a good online platform. But dont use it to find players.

Aside from that, go nuts. I never found GMing difficult, and I am an unimaginative introvert. It is not that hard, leave a lot up to the players, and use everything they say you want to use. It can help you a lot more than youd think. Players over think everything, abuse it if you are missing material.
>>
>>54150980
If you plan on going through with GMing for roll20 you better be ready to weed out a bunch of undesirables.
>>
>>54150980
For me at least mastering Roll20 was harder than GMing ever was.

Mostly it's practice untill you find what works for you.

Biggest hurdle for me was learning to stop trying to play by the book and instead just take what i liked and toss what I didn't
>>
>>54150931
>Magic resistance AURA is great
It only applies to damage though
>>
>>54151023
That's a good point, why does everyone say that roll20 has a bad pool of people though? I may be new but I'm apart of 2 groups from it currently and all of them had been pretty great so far, only had one person leave and be a bit of a autist but he was tame compared to some of the people from the horror story threads.
>>
>>54150986

I disagree entirely. The only real "offensive" ability Devotion gets until really high level is, as you mention, Sacred Weapon, which is only a plus to hit and not to damage. My experience may be biased, since for that character I also took Shield Master and almost always had advantage, so I rarely ever even used Sacred Weapon. If we compare it to Ancients, you can see from the Oath spell lists that Ancients has more offensive options open to them earlier. Saying Devotion is the more offensive of the two is simply erroneous.
>>
>>54151067
>two groups
You've lucked out
>>
>>54147987
>Returning to this whole multi-attack thing was a mistake.
They figured people'd have more fun rolling more than one attack per turn instead of all being basically all-or-nothing.
>>
File: feywild.jpg (126KB, 399x292px) Image search: [Google]
feywild.jpg
126KB, 399x292px
Have you guys ever played in the Feywild? How was it?
>>
How do I make a character go from adviser to someone in power to adventurer?
>>
>>54151072
Well, the standard paladin get-up is PAM, though GWM can work too, especially with both sacred weapon and bless togther.

If you get time before a battle, you can give yourself pretty damn good to-hit and still benefit from advantage from other sources to stack on top of that, unlike vengeance.

However, if I had to do things on a scale of 'offensive' to 'not offensive', I'd say:
Most Offensive
Oathbreaker
Vengeance
Devotion
Crown
Ancients
Least Offensive

And UA isn't worth mentioning.
>>
>>54151178
Too many trees
>>
>>54151213

If you combine Sacred Weapon with GWM, then sure, that's pretty awesome. But if we discount Shield Master in my case and GWM in your case, then it's not that spectacular.
>>
>>54148215
What are your party's levels and the warlock's stats? You might be overdoing it here. Bear in mind he doesn't have to deal the same amount of maximum damage if he's hitting more accurately. Also, as a warlock, he shouldn't be dealing the same amount of raw damage as a fighter. If you just want to keep him up with what warlocks should expect, just make sure he has a +1 weapon by level 5, +2 by level 11, and +3 by level 17. Then add whatever extra bonuses to balance out with what the other weapon users have on their shit. The !Lightsaber is pretty neat, but again, probably overloaded. It doesn't really need the enhanced crit range, and making it a weapon of speed probably plays into it better than making it a quick draw weapon. See if it still needs any extra bonus damage per hit after that.
>>
>>54151060
And it is still pretty much unique. It is ridiculously good no matter how you look at it.

>>54151072
Eh.

Playing ancients I often just feel more like a utility Paladin. Lot of crowd control and buffing, not a lot of damage.
>>
I'm going to DM the next campaign that me and my friends will have. I already have an idea of a plot and such but I was thinking about how I should start everything off.

What I was thinking of doing is to make letters for every player. A real letters, in an actual envelope that I will give to the players at the start of the game. It will have things written just for that character. The letters will be one that the characters have gotten in the game before hand and it will more or less explain why they are here and gives them a direction before the game even begins.

For example: We have a more or less standard rogue. In the letter there will be an guild of thieves that invites them to come and do a job for them. The player will be the only one aware of this and they won't be told before hand. It will be different for everyone and they won't (have to) show one another the letter. So the rogue might want to keep it a secret for example.

Is this a good idea? What are some things I should think about if I do this?
>>
>>54151072
Well, sure, if you're not using a true DPR build (2h weapon with GWM), then you aren't going to be taking full advantage of the huge damage boost that is +10 to hit.

You're not even doing the secondary DPR build that is Shield+Quarterstaff.
>>
>>54151204
Trusted advisor.
Entrusted to help incompetent heirs rule after rulers death.
Falsely(or not) accused of; murdering the ruler/seeking a coup/Embezzlement/Abuse of power or just legitimately tired of cleaning up mistakes/crimes for them
>>
>>54151314
Sounds cool.
No real issues I can see.
>>
>>54151314

If you're gonna do that, go the extra mile and make spruce the physical letter up a bit. I've got one DM who made a letter with sort of parchmenty paper, put a few cuts in it for wear and tear and sealed it with an actual wax seal and the whole table, myself included, though it was cool as Hell, even though it was just a trinket.
>>
>>54151314
If your players actually read things like that more power to you.
>>
Do female yuan-ti abominations still have breasts?
>>
>>54151426
Accoding to the art in Dwellers of the Forbidden City..... Some do.
>>
File: 1475504613283.jpg (126KB, 820x580px) Image search: [Google]
1475504613283.jpg
126KB, 820x580px
>>54151484
Isn't that AD&D though? I more meant, "did they remove snektits in 5e"
>>
>>54151426
Are you just looking for an excuse to re-post that picture every few days?
>>
>>54151592
While I do want to repost the picture I also want an answer. Two birds one stone.
>>
>>54151426
>>>/trash/
>>
>>54150061
Uhhhhhhh
I think armor of agathys says "If you are hit while you still have these hit points" so yes? But I don't think temp hp stacks so if you get more temp hp from a different source it might be overwriting the temp hp of agathys, ruining the spell effect.
>>
WHY WASN'T THERE AN UNEARTHED ARCANA THIS WEEK

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>54151828
4th of july. office is closed.

Really guys, this shouldn't be a surprise. They've done this every time there is a holiday.
>>
>>54151824
Ward is specifically not temp HP, so it does stack
>>
>>54151828
Why couldn't they just release it yesterday? Why won't they release it tomorrow?
>>
>>54151848
Holiday
>>
>>54151848
>Why couldn't they just release it yesterday?
And ruin their four day weekend? Come in to work for one day and then take a holiday the next and then come back Wednesday? No.
>Why won't they release it tomorrow?
Tomorrow is not Monday. UA releases on a Monday. Mearls probably has different work scheduled on Wednesday too, so he can't take the day writing that month's UA article.
>>
>>54151824
>>54151845

Got my answer from Google. Kind of a meme build, but I think I'm gonna give it a shot one of these days.
>>
File: 1d3.png (44KB, 271x99px) Image search: [Google]
1d3.png
44KB, 271x99px
>1d3
What do they mean by this? It's not like this is the only item that has this too. Are you forced to use a custom rolling website or is it fine to use 1d4 to it?
>>
>>54150061
I've considered a armor of agathys abjuration wizard before.

In theory, you should be able to use your ward to absorb damage without losing temporary hp while still damaging opponents. I haven't seen any reason why not.
>>
>>54151828
Do you REALLY want an arcana this badly? Remember the last one. A complete disappointment.
>>
>>54151902
>Mearls probably has different work scheduled on Wednesday too, so he can't take the day writing that month's UA article
exactly, UA's are non-essential, that's why they are scheduled the way they are. These guys do actually have other work the rest of the week. Work that actually makes the company money.
>>
>>54151918
They mean use a d3.
>>
>>54151918
They should've made it 1d2 instead.

In any case, just roll 1d4 and reroll 4s.
>>
>>54151918
He doesn't know what a d3 is.
Let's all point at him and laugh!
>>
>>54151977
>>54151979
>>
I bet these stupid fuckers don't know what a d5 is either.
>>
>>54151918
roll a d6 once. 1 2 3 is 1 2 3, 4 5 6 is 1 2 3

Or any other system like that works, as long as it's decided on before rolling
>>
>>54152050
>roll a d6 once. 1 2 3 is 1 2 3, 4 5 6 is 1 2 3
how drunk are you, right now?
>>
>>54152087
How do you roll a d3 then?
>>
>>54152153
Halve round up.
>>
So I've inserted an elaborate side quest into my hex crawl.

There are 22 NPC's in the world all chosen by the trickster god Cyric who possess a deck of lesser many things. This is a deck of many things with weakened effects. So instead of all your magic items disintegrating they just lose all their charges and disintegrate on a 1 either way. Instead of gaining 10k XP you gain 1 k XP. Etc

These NPC's goal is simply to get one of the players(or other powerful npcs they meet) to draw from the deck after honestly warning them of what it does. If they do then the first card they draw will subsequently after it has taken effect in its lesser form become it's maximised form and merge back into the deck. Anybody who draws it from then onwards will experience it's maximum effect.

This could mean if say a group of 4 decide to all draw then the second player to draw could draw one of the maximised cards , the next would have a chance of drawing two etc . Though there is a limit of one chance to draw per character.
Should the players obtain a deck they will be able to pursue the same quest as the NPCs for the full deck or many things.

Why is Cyric doing this? For the lulz obviously.

Nobody's bit yet but this is the type of fun stuff I like to add into.my.campaign.
>>
>>54152273
>Inserting the deck of many things into the game
>22 decks of many things
>On purpose
Whatever happens, you deserved it.
>>
>>54150712
Bumping this one.
>>
>>54152273
Firstly, why is it only the players who maximize the effects?

Secondly, why would you put TWENTY FUCKING TWO versions of a deck more powerful than the gods into the hands of random idiots into the game? Do you WANT your world to explode before the players even start adventuring? Unless your players are some sort of macguffins that empower these decks to their full randumbness.
>>
>>54152216
So... 1 2 is 1, 3 4 is 2, 5 6 is 3?
>Or any other system like that works, as long as it's decided on before rolling
I mean if you feel like the "mathiness" or whatever makes your choice of arbitrary distinction makes it better, the one I suggested is 1d6%3.
>>
File: Cleave.png (158KB, 335x231px) Image search: [Google]
Cleave.png
158KB, 335x231px
>>54152354
Using these rules and combining initiatives sounds very reasonable.
>>
File: 1495165214732.png (69KB, 354x432px) Image search: [Google]
1495165214732.png
69KB, 354x432px
Can anyone share the new DMs guild Adventurer's League modules? The mega trove is sorely lacking in updates.
>>
>>54152553
>Firstly, why is it only the players who maximize the effects?

As stated it's characters or powerful NPC's. It doesn't work on Joe peasant because artifact forges by the gods

>gods into the hands of random idiots into the game?

It would be held by fey creatures, wizards , intelligent rogues etc. Not random idiots but intelligent characters who want to maximise the effects at the right moment.

>>54152338

I'm.sorry you don't have the courage and skill to handle my level of campaign design and play. I bet your campaign doesn't even have a flowchart or any spreadsheets.
>>
>>54152612
Yeah I knew it was in dmg; which page is that in? Also many thanks.
>>
>>54149520
>it's only avatar posting once you can tell who I am
You're a weeb shit who posts anime girls in fucking D&D threads. It doesn't matter if you're not the only one doing it, it just means you're all shit. Knock it off.
>>
Is battlerager a viable subclass?
>>
>>54152888
Firstly, Nice trips
Not him, but personally I don't give a shit if anyone posts anime girls on 4chan of all places. Why do you care about it so much senpai
>>
>>54152930
It's his sacred place
>>
>>54150614
They were made for fighting. But that doesn't mean the were made for only weapon fighting. There can and are warforged of every class and calling, even sorcerers and bards.

Go for your Loreforged, anon, and enjoy them well.
>>
File: IMG_1383.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1383.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>54152955
>he thinks a barohvian terroka reading message board is sacred
>>
File: 1488338080143.jpg (502KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488338080143.jpg
502KB, 707x1000px
Quick homebrew question: I'm making a few classes for a sci-fi setting the "dont use DND" faggot can go fuck himself about now, and one of them is the Agent, essentially the Rogue but refluffed into being an enterprising odd-job man for the rich/powerful/eldritch.

For flavor purposes, Thieves Cant doesn't fit very well with that role, or else I can't really think of a way to refluff it. Lawyer speak? Otherwise, I feel like I need a new ribbon ability to replace it, and I can't think of one that covers a similar level of utility. Anyone have a thought?
>>
>>54152871
Page 272. I just found it by searching for "cleave" in the index.
Learn to love the index. It is your friend.
Have a good time with your mob battles!

>>54152902
Literally everything in the game is "viable." Yes, even beastmaster ranger, even if it's not fantastic or outstanding.
That said, battlerager is a barbarian, so it literally can't fail at its core functions.
>>
>>54152985
I'm not sure why else he'd flip out over a single picture.
>>
>>54153050
the anime poster is the least autistic one in this situation, how the tables have turned
>>
>>54152888
It's not the anime that's stupid, it's the "this anime girl represents me in this thread." Which is not only stupid, it's very stupid.
That said, >>54152930 is correct. 4chan is literally an anime imageboard. As long as the anime is relevant to the particular board/thread's flavor of shitposting, it can be fine.
THAT said, >>54149480's picture is completely irrelevant to the topic or even the post itself and should be taken out and shot.

>>54153050
Not the same anon, but I assume because it was an "avatar" picture rather than a picture related to the content of the post, and thus it's as bad as tripping.
>>
File: IMG_1166.png (36KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1166.png
36KB, 200x200px
>>54153086
How do you feel about this anon, is it as bad as tripfagging, its not related to the topic at all?
>>
Tg, how would you mechanize a ranger who wants to sling shot good berries and Potion Drenched darts into downed friendlies to get them back up?
>>
File: alhoon.jpg (104KB, 370x443px) Image search: [Google]
alhoon.jpg
104KB, 370x443px
I don't normally use the CR system but I recently acquired Volo's guide and haven't used a lot of the creatures in it yet.

Is an Alhoon an unfair challenge for a 6 player party of level 5-6 adventurers? It's for the final boss in the first arc of the campaign as I will have it on hold for about 5 months while I am out of the country. If an Alhoon was too powerful I was going to use a Mind Flayer Arcanist but I liked the flavour.

tl;dr Alhoon (CR10) too OP for 6 level 5 adventurers?
>>
>>54153164
Comes down to who's first in the initiative order
>>
>>54153077
I wouldn't say "least," I'd say "second most," which is still unexpected.

>>54153109
It's actually worse than tripfagging because it's pure, unadulterated, pointless shitposting. Congratulations. You probably think you've proven a point or something.
>>
>>54153164
well, you should biuld up to somthing like that. start with the mind flayers as an enemy and work that in as a mid boss in between dungeons to get something from it to kill the mega brain or whatever its called.

just a bit random to throw in as a one off monster.
>>
>>54153152
>Potion (noun) - a drink or draft, especially one having or reputed to have medicinal, poisonous, or magical powers
>A DRINK OR DRAFT
Sorry mate, lacing that shit on darts won't make it enter the digestive system unless you get the dart into their stomachs or esophagus, at which point you're probably doing more damage than you're healing.
And I'm not sure how the goodberry is supposed to work. Are you slinging it into their mouths and expecting their unconscious asses to chew them?
>>
>>54153031
Tactical Code? Or just have it as a generic secret language.
>>
>>54153227
That's exactly how I'm expecting it to work
>>
>>54153227

well, you could always put some DMSO into the potion, its a solvent that absorbs through the skin.
be careful though, weird shit also can dissolve in it and go through as well.
>>
>>54153246
I suppose that could work, but it seems a shame not to do something else with it. Unless someone else has a better idea, I'll just stick with this then.
>>
How railroadish are the official campaigns?
>>
>>54153290
depends on the campaign
>>
>>54153286
>but it seems a shame not to do something else with it
Why? An agent haven cryptospeak seems appropriate.
>>
>>54153300
How about the Lost Mines of Phandelver?
>>
How do you interpret Thieves' Cant?

I know it's probably just heavily coded language with very covert slang, but the kid in me is latched onto the idea of it being regular speech except they're winking and nudging with every word.
>>
>>54153325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxQO2ZZjjE&ab_channel=EnglishLikeANative
>>
>>54153325
think that bit from oceans 12 when matt damon has no idea what the fuck clooney and that other guy are saying and its in cryptic allusions.
>>
>>54153195
No I just take joy in pointless shitposting
>>
Teach me about the Fey lords /tg/, why would they care about the affairs of mortals? Are they all neutral?
>>
>>54153164
More going for the mind flayer outcast like the arcanist or alhoon rather than an elder brain. I know I didn't provide the info but they are investigating the cause of a series of arcane disturbances and have one by one but them to bed, but now they are heading to a town where they believe the wizard/warlock they are hunting has holed up. Queue Mind flayer as final encounter, a small group has broken away from their respective hives and has formed an arcane circle not unlike that of a Hag Coven. This will be one of the 4 they will hunt down over the course of the campaign.

>>54153189
Even with the action economy? Rogue will probably go first with a +9 to initiative rolls.
>>
>>54153152
>no
That's how.

Berries are probably no-go, but if i was in very benevolent mood (and played slightly goofy game), i would allow the potion thing with some trade-off compared to just pouring potion into unconscious character's mouth at touch distance. Like maybe attack roll to make sure he doesn't miss, or potions degrade quickly on air (thus having one on ready will spent it), or maybe just half the healing, since they're not meant to be injected.

>>54153164
Judging only by CR: If they prepare and plan for it, they can probably take it down. Otherwise they probably can survive.

You can always use one stat-block and claim it is different monster. Refluffing FTW!
>>
>>54153199
>>54153475
Fucked up and replied to myself.
>>
File: gentlemens-cipher.png (248KB, 997x481px) Image search: [Google]
gentlemens-cipher.png
248KB, 997x481px
>>54153031
How about the ability to create cryptographic ciphers that are very difficult to break without the aid of a computer? Not too useful in a modern setting but it's a 1st level feature.
>>
>>54153195
When theres only really 2 sides to the argument they are the least
>>
>>54153319

LMoP - Not too railroady. The first dungeon is very very strongly hinted at, but can be skipped. After that, it opens up a fair bit. That said, it is designed for a certain order of play.

PotA - Very open. The dungeons can be done in almost any order. This can be a pain for unprepared DMs, however.

HoDQ, RoT - Railroady as fuck, from what I hear.

OotA - I haven't run it, but it opens up quite a bit after the first chapter or two.

CoS - A network of railroads, with a card reading as the rail switch.

SKT - Playing in it right now, but it seems like it also opens up in the middle.
>>
>>54153594
Thanks for the detailed answer. I'll take all of those into consideration for the future sessions.
>>
>>54153571
Even if there were only 2 sides (there aren't, 4chan's relationship with anime is pretty complicated), there are still multiple people per side.

>>54153468
Depends on the lord. Best way to play them is as caring little about both mortals and their strange notions of morality.
General rule is, fey lords have some sort of goal or purpose, and rules that dictate how to go about fulfilling/pursuing it, and limitations on how they may do that.
Example: a fairy lord that desires to protect beautiful things from being harmed by ugly things, always fights fair, and never harms a thing of beauty. Good and evil don't really enter into this equation at all.
>>
>>54153468
They mess with mortals just for the lulz
>>
>>54153739
In this thread I only saw 2, but 4chan as a whole has alot of problems with agreeing
>>
File: zwLIVY1.png (1MB, 1064x1102px) Image search: [Google]
zwLIVY1.png
1MB, 1064x1102px
>>54153195
>>
>>54153633

No problem Anon.
>>
Can good Fey creatures mask their intentions or are they always honest?
>>
>>54153940
yes
>>
Been Forever DM, now finally playing an Illusion Wizard. Wondering what kind of tricks any other Illusion wizards have tried.

We started SKT the other day, and after killing a few Worgs, I took their corpses, threw them on a Tenser's Floating Disk, and then put Silent Image over it to make it look like an Otyugh, and then Minor Illusion to fake the roars. A goblin shot the fake beast, and the arrow stuck, so the illusion wasn't compromised. We managed to pick off a few goblins that popped out, and scared the rest of them back inside while we mopped up.

Will that work again? Could I have done it better?
>>
>>54153479
>You can always use one stat-block and claim it is different monster. Refluffing FTW!
My BBEG was a 10-foot humanoid and I used the combat stats of a gold dragon. This is how you 5e.

>>54153940
Define "good."
Also define "mask their intentions." My favorite fey are those that literally cannot lie, but are very good at getting around this limitation.
>>
>>54154035
>My favorite fey are those that literally cannot lie, but are very good at getting around this limitation
That's pretty interesting. And by good I mean not outright evil, like say a Hag.
One example of what I mean is, say the folk in a fey court distrust the party for one reason or another. Would they be overt with it if they meet them, or can they invite them to a party and whatnot to ambush them?
>>
>>54154073
consider the spell Zone of Truth:
>An affected creature is aware of the spell and can thus avoid answering questions to which it would normally respond with a lie. Such creatures can be evasive in its answers as long as it remains within the boundaries of the truth.

Basically consider the Fey to always be under that spell. They cannot lie, but that doesn't mean they are forced to tell the truth. For example:
>Tell us where the crown is or we will kill you
does not mean they WONT kill you if you tell them where it is. It only means that if you don't tell them, they absolutely will.
also the famous:
>Tell me what I want to know and i wont kill you
>Ally then kills you

Also an important thing to note is that they can say things that are factually wrong, if they believe it.
>>
>>54153042
What IS bad about Beastmaster aside from losing an attack action? I mean pick a thing like Giant Wolf Spider and once you're level 5 you attack and then it attacks and deals poison damage...
>>
>>54154178
That's a great way of doing it then, thanks anon.
>>
>>54154073
Traditionally, fey will absolutely prefer the "ambush people while they're drunk" method. They can be blunt, but only if it's in their best interests.
Remember: even fey that aren't particularly intelligent tend to be long-lived. They have a good grasp of strategy and an instinct for keeping their cards close to their chest.
>>
>>54154178
>>Tell us where the crown is or we will kill you
>does not mean they WONT kill you if you tell them where it is. It only means that if you don't tell them, they absolutely will.
A bit debatable, and depends on whether the "or" is exclusive. In logic it wouldn't be, but in speech it's typically implied to be (as a shorthand for "either or"). I love tricksy fey, but having them bypass the "no lying" rule on such a technicality isn't satisfying to players/readers of stories/etc.
>>
>>54154285
while i see your perspective, i disagree with it. yes the players may feel cheated by it, but that's the point. The fey did cheat them because the mortals decided to translate it through their own biases. They may not like it at first, but it will help them realize that these creatures do not play by the rules that they are used to.
>>
>>54154200
At level 5, your spider buddy has 20 hp and AC 16. It's going to fucking die to a stiff breeze, and it only gets worse with levels - consider every frontliner is gaining between 7-9 HP per level, while your companion is stuck at 5.

And with a 2d6+4 attack roll, which is no different from you making your Extra Attack with a greatsword, it's hardly worth it. It goes down and you lose your whole archetype for the rest of the day.
>>
>>54154423
Four. Four HP per level.
>>
With my Wizard's untimely death, I'm gonna roll a new character. I was thinking of rolling a Warlock to make use of the wiz's spellbook, but I'm accepting suggestions. We're lv 6. Party is:
Knowledge Cleric
Melee Hunter Ranger
Shadow Monk
Thief Rogue

Thanks in advance, fellas.
>>
is there a healing spell that does some minor regen over the course of 10 rounds or so? like a 4th level spell that gives a target 1d4+casting mod HP per round? basically like higher level healing word with more bang for the buck.
>>
>>54154345
I'm not sure I made my point clear enough.
There's nothing wrong with the players feeling like they were cheated by the fey. But what happens if you use that particular trick is that they feel cheated BY THE DM.
There's a difference between "I didn't say MY FRIEND wouldn't kill you, LOL" and "I was using an INCLUSIVE OR, LOL." THe former is douchey but the players could have seen it coming. The latter feels like something the players had no chance to detect.
I'm not even saying the players would be in the right here, but it doesn't really matter. If the players are feeling like the DM used a dirty trick against them - not the bad guys, THE DM - then the DM failed to execute their basic capacity as providers of entertainment.
>>
>>54154521
Aura of Vitality
>>
>>54154471
Do you want to be the blaster of your team?
Then Warlock is fine, but I find it really boring compared to Wizard (playing lvl 4 Warlock atm), and you only get the rituals from the spellbook, so there isn't that much value from it depending on your Wizard's spell selection.

You can pick Sorcerer and cast haste on your Rogue and Monk to wreck everyone while twinning fire bolts left and right.

If you want to be the party face, you can go Lore Bard, starting at 6th you can get 2 spells from any class. Or play Paladin/Valor Bard for a more melee-focused spellcaster.
>>
>>54154564
nice, lots of spells to read though.
>>
>>54154471
Sounds like your party could use a badass frontliner, actually. Probably why your wizard died in the first place.
Perhaps 2 or 3 levels of paladin and then straight warlock? Gives you armor and hp to stand in the front lines, and then the ability to learn all manner of rituals from the wizard's book.
And you can also be the charming party face your party might also need.
>>
>>54154544
let's just call it a difference between our groups.
My group is a bit more...paranoid when it comes to fey, so whenever we strike a deal with them, we do our best to clarify the opposite of what we think they said

>Tell me what I want and I'll let you go
>Are you going to drop me?

>Give us the medallion and we wont hurt you
>Will we all be allowed to leave safely, if we give you the medallion?

My group does not fuck around when it comes to outsiders of any kind.
>>
>>54152014
>>54151979
>>54151918
I can't seriously believe people like this exist.

What the fuck happens to a person's life, that makes them unable to know how to divide by 2?

I can't even
>>
Is there a spell that restrained creatures and do damage to them while they are restrained?
>>
>>54154839
ensnaring strike
>>
>>54153479
Normally I design my own monsters but yes I might just do this, thanks!
>>
>>54154839
>>54154521
I feel like you should perhaps read the spell list?
>>
>>54154178
>Tell us where the crown is or we will kill you
I remember pulling the variant on my players
>Tell us where the crown is and we will kill you
They didn't notice until they had answered the question.
>>
>is there any way I can, like, hit multiple times with my weapon?
>>
>>54154865
Is that all? There isn't one that is area of effect or do radiant damage? Other way I'm going to have to do heavy refluffing to fit backstory
>>
>>54155003
You're asking an incredibly vague question here. There's a bunch of things that restrain creatures, though I have to wonder why restraining something with damage over time would ever be important to a backstory
>>
>>54154927
Try giving it lair actions, it might add some cool stuff while not overloading the monster itself with features and actions competing with each other.
>>
>>54154839
>Is there a spell that restrained creatures and do damage to them while they are restrained
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>54155109
he's just really into BDSM

that magical realming faggot.
>>
>>54155045
A monk that want to seal demon and devil, I want to start by giving him some way of restrained and do radiant damage to them, and work toward banishment or some watering down form of imprisonment.
>>
>>54155136
English isn't your first language, is it.
>>
>>54155136
just come up with your own spell and put it up here for review

so we can all laugh at it and tell you how much you suck
>>
>>54154839
>>54155003
Evard's Black Tentacles
>>
>>54155165
Ain't nothin' wrong with that, m8.
But there IS something wrong with trying to fit a decidedly-Eastern character archetype into a game that was never designed to accommodate it.
>>
>>54155219
Heroes of the Orient
>>
>>54150056
Mold earth can not deal damage.
At most it will allow you to lower the terrain a creature stands on.

As for what qualifies as loose earht:
>Ordinarly dark soil you see in gardens and woodland.
>Sand
>Gravel

Clay is usually compacted and very dificult to move without the help of water.

Rocks are well...rocks.
>>
>>54146634
Okay so this idea is odd but I really wanna do it.
I want to make an Arcane Shotgunner as a Wizard School.
Basically my idea is, your shotgun becomes your arcane focus. Your spell slots are shells. You prepare spells by infusing them with the shells, so you must dedicate each shell to a different spell, instead of just using any to cast a prepared spell. This is mainly for balance as I want to give shells some special properties. So along with this, it costs a bonus action to load your shotgun with a shell. Because of this, if you load a shell that has a bonus action spell, the spell becomes a full action so that you can still use it on that turn if you'd like.
If you run out of shells, you can load a cantrip shell that never runs out, and never needs to be reloaded. After loading it as a bonus action, you can fire it off as many times as you like until you load a different shell.
Maybe I should add in mundane shells too, so that you can use it as a Dexterity weapon if you need to. Probably make it cost 1 GP to craft 5 shells of mundane ammo. Spell shells cost nothing, though. It's basically manifesting the spells as shells.
Does this sound fun? Does it sound balanced? What are some good ideas for bonus effects for spells that are cast as shells? What are some good level features for levels 6, 10, and 14? Level two will give you the shotgun and allow for shell making. Should I also allow a normal school choice just for the halved time and cost, no other benefits?
>>
>>54151828
Just WotC using the 4th of July as an excause to stay lazy.

Not like they are patriots of any sort.

Read the FBI files on Mearls if you want some shits and gigles.
>>
Currently Paladin 5 but I want to pick up a level (or maybe more than 2 levels) in Wizard purely for roleplaying reasons and my character's background. What's the least bad way to go about this?
>>
>>54155352
go sorcerer instead.
>>
>>54155352
Well first you get 13 int...
>>
Any of you happen to have stats of Baphomet from Out of the Abyss laying around?
>>
File: 1489942618140.png (176KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1489942618140.png
176KB, 402x402px
>>54155352
Just take ritual caster instead, gosh. Stop trying to gimp yourself.

Though honestly literally any other class save for monk would be better off taking ritual caster instead because you kinda need the ASIs.
>>
>>54154667
>>54154592
Thanks senpai. Gonna take a better look at pally.
>>
File: PlayerMap.jpg (192KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
PlayerMap.jpg
192KB, 900x600px
A cool dude on roddot sent me this map of Barovia that he used for his players.

I'm trying to reverse search the origin of this masterpiece 'cause resolution is low, pixel count is high, and there must be a HD version somewhere.
I'm failing.
Help.
>>
File: IMG_20170704_170949.jpg (230KB, 1440x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170704_170949.jpg
230KB, 1440x806px
was just sent this pic in my group's chat. Next week is going to kick ass.
>>
File: Dwarf Shaman.jpg (380KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Shaman.jpg
380KB, 724x1024px
>>54155352
Bard (with prose and words instead of music) or Sorcerer (with a non-PHB origin, i guess)

Or just pick Wizard if you have the 13+ INT, and go crazy with utility spells and rituals. Wizards dont need to have their rituals prepared to cast them.

My mountain dwarf diviner fucks shit up.
>>
>>54155647
>wasting your time playing with blocks and plastic toys instead of roleplaying
>>
>>54155352
Go warlock, use that celestial pact in UA
>>
>>54155709
>Roleplaying over mechanics
>>
>>54153940
No Fey is "Good", their moral compasses are too alien.

And all of them mask their intentions
>>
>>54155377
I already have 13 int! My character is a very large elf that failed out of wizard school and found religion on the streets and now I want a minor redemption arc of at least becoming a little bit of a wizard.

I realize I built kind of a bad paladin but this has been the most fun I've had playing a character
>>
>>54155595
Looks a look like that Blando guy's work, I bought his HOTDQ pack, very high quality stuff.
>>
Okay 5eg I have a conundrum. By which I mean I have a critfishing Vengeance Pally/Champ Fighter and an Ancients Pally/Archfey Warlock that are chumping every encounter I throw at the party because Auras + Smites. They've pretty much devised a system that makes it so, between the two of them, they wreck things really quickly and I can't really hurt anyone.

Anyone have a good way to counter this that isn't a just dispatching a monster way out of their league or being No Fun?

>pic related: It's the place where i keep my ideas
>>
>>54155854
yeah, dispatch a shit load of monsters below their league.
>>
>>54155854
I would think they'd have a harder time dealing with a lot of enemies rather than a single tougher one that they both know to use smites on
>>
>>54155854
Drown them in sling/bow armed trash.
>>
>>54155745
>playing over shitposting
>>
>>54155854
The action economy is heavily skewed against single monsters against a group, that's why tough monsters have legendary actions. Throw more monsters at them.
>>
>Tiefling ran out of his home due to his fiendish heritage, rather than go to a life of crime like many others he took refuge in a church to [good deity] and became a cleric there

Is this shit? I rolled an 18 and wanted to play a cleric but I didn't want to horribly overshadow my friends because they're sitting at two 16's and one 17 for their primary stats.
>>
>>54155854
Split the party, anti-magic barrier, lairs, environmental barrier
>>
>>54156044
It's cliché, but that's not a bad thing.

Find a quirk, a flaw and a bond (NPCs). You'll have an interesting character then.
>>
>>54156044
It seems good idea to me. But you can obviously ruin it by bad execution.
>>
>>54152902
It's basically the best option for if you don't plan to use Two-Handed weapons. I'd probably go for a Sword and Board, or even just a Longsword and grappling.

You won't be king of the damage, but you'll be doing much better then most non-GWM people.

The fact you also don't really need any weapon feats means that being a Mountain Dwarf for 18 STR and CON at level 4 is a good idea as well.
>>
First time DM here. Gonna run LMOP for some seasoned players but I'm worried everything will be too cliche for them.

Advice?
>>
>>54156509
Refluff
>>
>>54156509
Cliches might be good. It's a starter adventure, you don't need to go over the top.
Try not to say "no" to things if you can. A "yes, but..." is better.
>>
>>54156509
Recycle
>>
What is True Neutral in a balance keeping sense?
>>
What archetype should a Cleric of Primus (or some other Law god) be?

Or would Warlock be more fitting, as Primus (IIRC) cares not for Clerics?

I might make my own if there's no fit, a Cleric of Law and a Modron-specific Patron, probably a Tertian or Secundus.
>>
>>54156897
An Oath of the Crown paladin
>>
>>54156925
That might make a decent fit, I'll give it a look.
>>
>>54155854
Range is going to ruin their day
>>
Has anyone here played the AL adventure Durlag's Tower?
>>
>>54156834
could be:
What ever will be will be
or
OUTSIDERS GET THE FUCK OUT REEEEEEE
>>
>>54157304
So Monks or Lizardmans
>>
File: Magic Shield.png (271KB, 550x452px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Shield.png
271KB, 550x452px
>>54148850
This one is kinda boring, but its the best I could come up with.
>>
>>54157327
it really all depends on how active you are in your balance keeping.
You could be the kind that just says "eh life and death are all one in the end, who am I to stop natural events"
or you could go "And YOU get the fuck out *punches demon in the face* and YOU get the fuck out *punches elemental in the face* AND YOU GET THE FUCK OUT *punches angel in the face*
>>
>>54156834
What proper true neutral always is. You have a thing you want and you will abide by your code to get it until saying "fuck it" and setting shit on fire seems more convenient or efficient
>>
>>54148850
A Shield that, when you defeat a monster while using it, etches an image of you killing the monster onto it, which allows for bonuses against intimidation to other members of that monster type, while also giving a +1 AC bonus against those creatures. Won't work on human creatures.
>>
>>54157373
The rule of cool is the only monastic tradition I follow
>>
>https://youtu.be/02lLVExPULk?t=68
This class makes you feel like a DBZ character... Give me a flight speed and some combat maneuvers and its perfect.
>>
>>54146634
I came here to say that image is from gloryhammer. Well cropped, OP
>>
How dumb is it to play a STR Fighter Wood Elf?
>>
>>54157640
It works, but you could take a level dip of barbarian considering you should also then have decent dex and con.

However, being a ranged fighter is pretty much better in every way aside from stuff like dipping into barbarian for resistances and maybe being able to use sentinel, but those aren't really anywhere as good as being a ranged fighter.
>>
>>54157640
I wish there were features that took advantage of having both STR and DEX.
>>
>>54157757
EGG ALL OVER MY FACE
>>
>>54157787
New thread.
>>
How OP is this

>Minor Modrons
>Level 2 Warlock spell (Pact of Order)
>Components- V, S, M- A clockwork device aligned to Mechanus worth 100 gp
>Duration- 1 hour (Concentration)
>Cast time- 1 Action

>You briefly summon a 10ft wide by 10 ft tall one-way portal to Mechanus, from which 6 Monodrones march out and stand at attention.The summoned creatures stand idle until commanded. Roll initiative for the summoned creatures as a group, which has its own turns. They obey any verbal commands that a Duodrone issues to them (no action required by you) and ignore communication from any other beings. If a Duodrone doesn't issue any commands to them, they take no actions except to continue their previous command single-mindedly. The DM has the creatures' statistics.

(In this case the level 1 Law Warlock ability is "You speak Modron and count as a Duodrone when communicating with them)
>>
>>54148850
It has a dragons face carved on the front. Once per long rest it can breathe flames/ice/lighting/etc., depending on the coloration of the shield. Damage as DM sees fit.
>>
>>54157614
>not aasimar sun soul monk
kill you're self
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.