[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starfinder General /sfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 54

File: spess ship.jpg (154KB, 1135x704px) Image search: [Google]
spess ship.jpg
154KB, 1135x704px
Starfinder General /sfg/

Spess edition
What would you like to see from Starfinder spaceships?

Starfinder First Contact: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsQBh5kjjpIdjdycXJOSUNIVFU/view

Starfinder Blog Previews: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/tags/starfinder

Compiled Data:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xIdRnyjYglnAOIzn38j4LYqwKfSalfs8pN5zJRJRYUI/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread:
>>53948475

Current /pgg/:
>>53970290
>>
>>53982544
I'd honestly love to see the option of player-controllable aircraft carriers, where, in space combat, some party members would control tiny fighters while others man systems of the carrier itself.
>>
>>53982604

You could just play EVE at that point.
>>
>>53982620
Tbh tabletop EVE sounds pretty rad.
>>
>>53982641

A certain point you need to abstract the shit out of things and you're not going to capture the same feel.

Again you might as well just play EVE. Let the RPG focus on what it might actually be good at instead of trying to cram in a million half ass and poorly thought-out subsystems.
>>
>>53982544
Why link to /pgg/ when we have /sfg/? The very existence of /pgg/ is based on the absence of /sfg/. Link to a proper /pfg/ thread instead, or at least note that none exist.
>>
>>53982661
>Again you might as well just play EVE. Let the RPG focus on what it might actually be good at instead of trying to cram in a million half ass and poorly thought-out subsystems.
Honestly though, if you have a Science-Fantasy/Sci-Fi game, you're honestly going to need rules for space combat. It's going to be abstracted to hell and back either way, but space combat is pretty cash. I'd love to be the commander of a space-ship as other players are out leading fighter wings.
>>
>>53982935

>i want my space dick to look huge
>>
>>53983045
The other players are my semen.
>>
>>53983106

Okay you got me
>>
File: 1474724156381.jpg (118KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474724156381.jpg
118KB, 600x480px
>>53982544

I want there to be all sorts of ships. Space ships made out of trees. Space ships made out of space whales. I want the space version of Dracula's Castle for Castlevania.

Although something I imagine would be cool for an empire building sort of game would be the PCs being essentially noble born tank commanders where they pilot a combat ship together. The idea would be that they are members of various vassel houses who have lived and trained together for the day they see battle in their space tank and do combat.

But more than that I want to have the space version of air races so any ace pilots I would get as PCs could have something they can do either as part of the campaign or a downtime way of earning money (with it's own subplot of course) perhaps with the full support of the other PCs.
>>
Why should I play this instead of any existing sci-fi game?
>>
File: 1464042341674.jpg (3MB, 2048x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1464042341674.jpg
3MB, 2048x1359px
>>53983045
>>i want my space dick to look huge
What's wrong with that though? Don't you want your dick to look big. I'm not after a feminine space penis after all.
>>
>>53983210
They mentioned a Tiny Racing ship as a possible antagonist in one of the Spaceship posts, so you'll likely get your wish.

You can also have it double as an escape vessel. If they ever get wrecked, they can run away and try again from there.
>>
>>53983325

Lost existing Sci-Fi games or either dead, obscure, old, or have terrible rule sets. More often than not it's all of the above.

Or you could maybe do some research and decide for yourself instead of being a lazy nigger.
>>
>>53983325
How many high-fantasy kitchen-sink science-fantasy game settings are there?
>>
>>53983366

None actually that aren't super obscure like RIFTS spin offs.

The point is you'll actually get a game with this and the mechanics so far are looking at least better than PF and 5e.

It's certainly more open to player ideas and storytelling than something is niche focused or weird as Dark Heresy or Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>53983398
Exactly. And I say that as someone that *likes* Eclipse Phase and 40k. This is kitchen-sink happy-go-lucky slay-the-dragon IN SPACE, it's completely different from any other science-fantasy that I know of. The closest thing I know of is Numenera, but Numenera isn't truly MAGIC either, it's just "It's science nobody understands lol" and still focuses only on Earth and is built entirely on "how weird, lol".

Starfinder just takes all the D&D tropes of adventuring fantasy and throws it into space, throwing in just a bit of Spelljammer and Planescape into it, and tadaaa.

Nothing else really does that, it's very different.
>>
>>53983490

Its heavy on scifi though, as much as it is fantasy.

It even has D&D style God's running around which is something I can't say I've ever seen in a role playing game. The closest comparison I can make is DC or Marvel Cosmic comics.
>>
Are there going to be something like Racial Templates or Modular Races or something?

Because I've always felt like Aasimar/Tieflings and such should've been templates or something, and since classes are very modular, it occurred to me that races can be to. In Pathfinder, for example, there's no way to play an Orc Aasimar - you just end up with regular Aasimar, despite the descriptions of Aasimar including things like how an Orc Aasimar could have metallic tusks and stuff.

Not that I'm hankering specifically for an Orc Aasimar, it's just an example.
>>
>>53983490
>D&D tropes of adventuring fantasy
I disagree because explain the ship combat they've come up with. I think it will be a much less narrative focused game than many people are thinking it will be. I'm sure there will be plots, but I predict combat is going to be much more enjoyable in this than in PF or other d20, granted d20 fantasy combat is stale.
>>
>>53983518
Starfinder is going to require a bit more work around, but you should be able to do it thanks to the power of SCIENCE!

Just add Cyber-Chompers to your Aasimar and write them off as Orc Tusk braces. They probably even give you some bonuses to something.
>>
>>53983922
You're talking about rules, though, I was talking about the setting. And the ship combat really has nothing to do with either.
>>
>>53984604
I mean, it's easy to homebrew, but it's easy to homebrew in Pathfinder, too. All you "need" to do is to take the alternate racial chompers from half-orc and give it to your Aasimar, probably in exchange of Orc weapon familiarity or something, and mess with the ability bonuses, and tadaa, Aasimar (Half-)Orc!

It just occurred to me that having a modular system that allows you to do some of this stuff natively would be cool. I know that there's already some traits in Pathfinder that can be applied on (almost?) any race, so it would also be a natural systems progression.
>>
Is there such a thing in as a "Starfinder Society"? I always hated the idea of some semi-centralized "Pathfinder Society" in Pathfinder, and always thought it was a really shitty excuse to have adventuring parties (which is in itself a retarded idea, basically having "Adventurer!" as a job description) running around the world.

But in Starfinder, I can see the concept making a lot more sense, sending Starfinders to unknown worlds, or hire them to investigate things, or pay them to murder people. Whatever.
>>
>>53984831
I can't help but to imagine Helldivers.

Except with Celestial Shardguns +1.
>>
File: 1496198138460.jpg (154KB, 786x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1496198138460.jpg
154KB, 786x1325px
>>53984831
>pay them to murder people

My kind of party
>>
File: 1488420901519.jpg (627KB, 1705x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1488420901519.jpg
627KB, 1705x1706px
>>53984749
>a starship space battle is a D&D trope of adventuring fantasy
You originally stated that D&D tropes are just shoved into space. I have clearly demonstrated that they are not. Setting in another thing entirely and not what you were originally discussing. But it's pointless to continue as you're just another /tg/ retard autist who can't stand being wrong.
>>
>>53984866
I'd enlist
>>
>>53983366
>>53983398
Dragonstar.
>>
>>53984831
Starfinder Society exists, their primary official goal is "find out where the fuck did Golarion go".
>>
>>53984913
>You originally stated that D&D tropes are just shoved into space. I have clearly demonstrated that they are not.

Are you autistic? You're autistic, aren't you? Because that's textbook autism, right there. I never said that was the end-all be-all of the setting, but it's pointless pointing that out to someone that's legitimately autistic.

You don't understand subtext or really anything that isn't stated bullet-point-by-bullet-point in legalese, filed in triplicate, and see anything loosely stated as an invitation to argue what someone meant or didn't mean entirely based on your own anal-retentive interpretation.

Kindly kill yourself.
>>
>>53984945
>Dragonstar
Never heard of it.

>>53984948
>where the fuck did Golarion go
Wait, Golarion is fucking gone?
>>
>>53985197
Yes. But not just gone like "We have no idea where it is". Gone as in "We have no idea what has ever happened there, why it's gone or why there's a space station called Absalom that somehow has something to do with Golarion".
>>
>>53984901
Hey, if someone scraped together 10,000 gold coins to have you killed, odds are you deserved it somehow. We're not evil, we take pay from anyone. If you think about it, we're really just maintaining the balance in the universe. It's not our fault Evil tends to pay better and that Good don't send out nearly enough assassins.
>>
>>53985248
It's like the mythweaverspocalypse all over again! Countless people and tales all forgotten because one incompetent wizard forgot to back-up the server before turning it off and on again.
>>
>>53985248
>what has ever happened there
What, you mean, like, it's been erased from the timelines? Or did you just slip up on an ambiguous line and actually meant that they have no idea how it actually disappeared or why?
>>
>>53985285
As in people know that Golarion has existed and may still exist, but all records and charts of it are gone as far as most people know. The only legacies of it are goblins, some humans who claim to be of a line that comes from Golarion and the Absalom Station. Everything else is obscure mentions and a pixelated ghosts.
>>
I wonder how early in the game you can get augments and mechs.
>>
>>53985285
It's called "The Gap". Thousands of years collectively amnesia'd. Every record having to do with that time period is just vanished.

The Elves are extremely butt hurt because they can't lord over their knowledge over everyone anymore
>>
>>53985284
Again?
>>
>>53985393
mythweavers, the site most people use for their Pathfinder sheets, crashed and took down a large portion of the sheets stored in there with it.
>>
File: PZO7101-MechanicTank.jpg (151KB, 645x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-MechanicTank.jpg
151KB, 645x1000px
> I asked for this

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljwx?Cybernetics-and-Augmentations
>>
>>53983366
Dark Matter (Rolemaster in Space), Spelljammers (yes, it has a following after all these years), RIFTS of course, Dragonstar, Aeon, and finally GURPS (S.P.A.N.C comes to mind, as does Time Travel).
>>
>>53984831
>basically having "Adventurer!" as a job description

I don't see the problem with that in worlds as hostile as the average D&D setting. Whether their intention is actually adventure or something else, anyone that plans to travel the world alone or in a small group is going to need certain skills to avoid being horribly murdered by all the fucked up shit living in the wilderness, and if they have expenses, the obvious solution is to sell those skills.

"Adventuring Party" comes across as a conveniently shortened/euphemistic term for their actual occupation, a traveling squad of elite (and probably magic wielding) mercenaries.
>>
>>53985197
It's a D&D 3.5 setting where dragons kind of decided "Why the fuck we are allowing lowly races to do anything to us?" and gone on a Galaxy conquest. In the process chromatic and metallic dragon houses collided and almost send most of the Galaxy into stone age. So they made a joint government where chromatics and metallics take turns to rule their Empire. All other species are beneath them. Though dragons are smart enough to play them against each other if the need arises.

It was written by FFG.
>>
>>53984831
Have you never looked at the science fiction aisle of a bookstore? 50% of the MC is essentially"Adventurer", with another 30% being "Soldier" and the remaining 20% being "got caught up in shit, HALP!"
>>
>>53985447
I love it.
As an aside, RIFTS Juicers were cooler than full conversion cyborgs.
>>
>>53985447
>You can also have old augmentations removed or replaced with new options, though since all augmentations are custom built for their specific user, there's no market for used augmentations.

I'm guessing this is to stop people from slashing the cost of upgrades, but it seems like wasted potential. No shifty used parts markets or penalties for using mismatched parts?
>>
>>53982544
Well for one thing the smallest ones should be PC options. Have the gundrone connect to its full fighter-scale "power armor", or have the party combine into a small corvette or even frigate if they're big.

Second, It has to actually fucking keep up with PCs. The biggest risk/worry about vehicles is that paizo has made them notoriously worthless in pathfinder by like level 8-9 when everyone outspeeds them, outdamages them (that's more by like level 4 though), outlifts them, outtanks them, bypasses their requirement entirely due to specialized movement modes like teleportation. Spaceships need to be able to hold their own even after the splatbooks start coming out.
>>
File: 1489869310285.jpg (99KB, 829x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489869310285.jpg
99KB, 829x1024px
>>53984831

I don't claim to know how Starfinder fits into the rest of the Pact World but I've always like the idea of treating it like the Hunter Organization. Sure, among the many hats they wear finding out what happened to Golarion is key but they are still a group of powerful individuals who can go places and do things that you can't so calling on them to help deal with a problem isn't out of the question in exchange for certain rights and favors not granted to other people like flashing your starfinders members card and essentially having diplomatic immunity.
>>
>>53986266
Chances are in practice they'll be like the pathfinder society though; amoral murderhobos that mostly only exist to take things that belong in a museum and put them back in the wrong hands
>>
>>53985890

>im a nigger and i love meth!

Fuck off druggie
>>
>>53985890

Sounds gay desu

Too spineless to embrace the cultural changes in issues that would arise from cyber prosthesis and full body conversions.

It's really pathetic that only nip cartoons will ever address this in a serious and thoughtful manner.
>>
>>53985683
>FFG
Feels like a red flag. FFG does good board games, but that's it. Even the WH40kRP series was in steady decline from the point when they took it over from Black Industries. I guess the Star Wars game is pretty good, though, but I haven't played it in forever.
>>
>>53982554
>Yeah nah I think this will do just fine. Nerds and normies will be all over the idea of playing an elf Jedi.
Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, it wasn't intended as criticism of the Starfinder idea, quite the opposite. But most normies aren't sci-fi fans.
>>
So, /sfg/ are you planning any adventures? If you're not GM:s, what adventures would you want to play?

I'm personally hoping for a Kingmaker that doesn't suck. No idea how it would work sensibly in space, but w/e.
>>
>>53987527
I want to run an Azlanti adventure where the players are to reclaim the HOLY GRAIL that is starstone through REMOVING HEATHENS.
Maybe even include a resurrecting Aroden arc.
>>
>>53987527

I want to try my hand at GMing and have a few ideas for adventures but probably have a session zero deal where everyone plays in a VR game to acclamate everyone (myself included) to the system.
>>
>>53982661
>Let the RPG focus on what it might actually be good at instead of trying to cram in a million half ass and poorly thought-out subsystems.
It's a new game, but it's still Paizo.

>>53985447
The stat boost system is interesting. Seems like "personal upgrade" items are going to be limited by fiat instead in exchange for not having to waste an equipment slot for them, which is probably an improvement.
>>
>>53985447
I don't understand. Wouldn't it be better to spread those stat gains out, rather than to have huge jumps at 5, 10, 15 and 20?
>>
File: Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg (25KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg
25KB, 256x324px
>>53987527
>I'm personally hoping for a Kingmaker that doesn't suck. No idea how it would work sensibly in space, but w/e.
>>
>>53987954
Just like Kingmaker is Civ IV BTS right
>>
File: dungeon-fighter-8.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-fighter-8.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53987527

Day at the beach in space. The PCs have been assembled to be the bodyguards of an low level corps executive and his family on a luxury space station with it's own artifical beach until some unknow entity shuts down the entire station and traps a good number of the residents in a VR game threathening to let their minds be destroyed unless their demands are met. What do they want and why are they doing this? Team up with various other members of the crew and the guest to take back the beach.
>>
File: 1379260299264.png (1MB, 1704x992px) Image search: [Google]
1379260299264.png
1MB, 1704x992px
Any ideas on when they'll unveil some info on the spell-caster type classes?
>>
>>53990451

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljtz?Class-Preview-The-Mystic
>>
Anyone have any good ideas on what to turn my character into?
I've decided I'm making a dwarvern model, but I don't want her to be an Envoy. I feel like that would too expected of her because of her profession.
>>
>>53991181

Well, for what it's worth having the Idol theme can be on any class so it depends on what kind of model you want to be. What's the general idea behind her besides just being a model.
>>
>>53991213
I uh... don't really have one.
I just want to play a stuck up rich lady in less then ideal circumstances and see what happens.

I just have like some background information on her father and what causes her to leave her cushy life as a model. Essentially her dad is some rich mining corporate exec. who funded her lavish lifestyle till she went too far/did something bad and decided she needed to reform.
Planned on forcing her into a rehab-center/reform school/prison sort of thing and she didn't want any part of it.
>>
File: Right-Armed_Satie.jpg (73KB, 498x664px) Image search: [Google]
Right-Armed_Satie.jpg
73KB, 498x664px
>>53991334

Alright, so just to spit ball some ideas because we don't have information on all the classes yet. Perhaps she was a mechanic (the class) seeing as her father owned a mining and heavy equipment business being around industrial technology came as easy as hitting the streets for some beauty parlor or a high scale party. While you were more than capable with your knowledge of engineering you wanted to be in the limelight and found yourself in the fashionista circles employing your own brand of high tech nd sexy making even mining gear fashionable. However, rolling around in those circles got you in trouble more often than not and your father went out of his way to cover for you when the instances were annoyances at best until an incident resulted in you getting into an altercation with another model where your machine compaion "accidently" put her in the hospital. As part of the deal your father agreed to put you in a re-hab center but you would have none of it. Casting off your father's wealth and the approval of polite society you have decided "fuck everything" and struck out on your own in the rough and tumble world of mercenary work hoping to build up enough fame and money to get back to what you love to do
>>
File: overkill.gif (2MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
overkill.gif
2MB, 600x337px
>>53991453
Oh that's pretty good, I like it!!
I have always been a fan of weaponized fashion. I'll either go with something like this or make that prison/school her dad was sending her to more of a religious/culture thing and perhaps make her a mystic.

Got anything for that?
>>
File: 1497854513809.png (373KB, 1024x710px) Image search: [Google]
1497854513809.png
373KB, 1024x710px
>>53991801

Okay, how about this.

Similar set up to before except now you have begrudgenly accepted to go to an all girls reform school, something of a high society place for deliquients so they don't sully their family names.

While there the teachers are strict and tough and even for a rebellious sort like yourself you find it hard to be strong in the face of such dominating teachers. Women of various sorts who in their own way are able to bring girls such as yourself to heel.

One in particular, nicer seeming then all the others, takes note of your love of drawing and fashion and unbeknowst to you uses this as a wedge to break in and slowly "rehabilitate you" as it where. Naturally you grow close to her and eventually she takes it upon herself to teach you a bit of her magic ability. Perhaps she's a priestess to some religion. someone who has discovered psionic secrets or is practice in ancient arcane secrets. It matters not. What she found in you was a spirit much like her own and someone she could feel comfortable passing her teachings onto.

Through her encouragement you begin to find ways of blending your love of fashion and high society with your new found esoteric knowledge; fabrics that shimmer in resplendid colors based on the seasons. Flower dresses made from real and living plants. However this comes to another hurdle as your father fully intended you to succeed him and will not indulge your love of fashion. As such, in spite of your change you part ways with him knowing full well that you have a dream, a goal, and a passion that will not go unsated. And while you are cut off from the wealth you once had you now take life and your dreams in your own hands as a mercenary hoping to build the capital to fund your own business but is even that truly what you want?
>>
File: 998_max.jpg (195KB, 834x1260px) Image search: [Google]
998_max.jpg
195KB, 834x1260px
>>
>>53991950
You do know that modeling could just be an internet that they have, right? It doesn't need to be the main aspect tying all their interests together. Seems very inorganic when that happens.
>>
File: 1497854578304.png (367KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
1497854578304.png
367KB, 1024x701px
>>53992052

Your right but the anon seemed to have that be a core aspect of their character so that's what I went with.

Similarly, they could have some kind of egineering skill and still be a mystic because daughter of heavy industry magnate.
>>
>>53985447
Spend 1 Resolve for +1 to one Reflex save. Fuck that shit, I don't see the point. The speed boost might be handy, but it seems like Resolve is gonna be pretty important, and that bonus is laughable. Or maybe recovering Resolve is going to be easier than so far implied?
>>
>>53985939
Augmentations are probably going to be standard on a lot of enemies, so I guess they wanted to avoid PC's literally ripping their opponents apart to get at the loot.
>>
>showing previews for some dumb shit nobody cares about
>instead of the other classes or any of the races

FUCK
>>
>>53987821
It's not huge jumps, though. It's not +4 to stats, it's +1 to 4 stats, or +2 if the stat is low. It's a gradual increase, not a sudden boost.
>>
>>53991181

Dwarves aren't a core option in Starfinder.
>>
>>53992542
They're not core, but they are in the setting and usable, thanks to Paizo literally making a Home Depot setting
>>
>>53987954
Well the issue is essentially the same to Kingmaker in that it's hard to excuse why you'd be doing a lot of the things you do, and akin to WH40kRP: Rogue Trader.

Why would I go do what the adventure wants me to do when I can just nuke it from orbit?
>>
>>53992523
we knew they weren't going to show any new class previews this week after we didn't get anything on Monday. They like to show us the iconic, and then follow up with the class preview on friday.
>>
>>53992527
Would be more gradual if it was spread out, desu.

>>53992542
>Dwarves aren't a core option in Starfinder.
Fucking blasphemers.
>>
>>53993704

None of the PF races outside of humans are. They're all still in the corebook, but are relatively uncommon in the setting.

Starfinder's core races are human, lashunta, kasatha, shirren, ysoki, android, and vesk.
>>
I kind of want to try adapting Phantasy Star Online into a campaign of some kind, but I don't remember there being much in the ways of plot or character interaction outside of Rico's messages.
Does anybody else think this is a neat idea and have ideas on how to expand it a bit?
>>
>>53982544
This looks really interesting. I've never played pathfinder but this starfinder is definitely something I'd try out. For ships having a huge range would be really neat. Everything from the smallest scout or fighters to large dreadnoughts and carriers. Also having many different ones for each category would be good. I seen a couple games where they had a large variety on ship sizes but only a handful of each which is disappointing
>>
File: 1496887067311.jpg (433KB, 1800x880px) Image search: [Google]
1496887067311.jpg
433KB, 1800x880px
>>53993837

Provide deets. Never played Phantasy Star so know little to nothing of it.
>>
>>53993548
Starfinder isn't as grimderp as 40K. Whole lot of organizations made the jump and they won't take kindly to possibly blowing up their temples and followers, and this isn't mentioning that the other guys might have decent ships of their own.

Gotta do things like a Shadowrunner sometimes
>>
>>53994053
Basic plot overview here http://phantasystar.wikia.com/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online
For the main game, the only plot you really run into are message left behind by a character (Rico) who ends up merged with what's basically the BBEG. Other than that, it would just kind of be a dungeon crawl, which I suppose isn't that bad.
I suppose maybe I could make the messages left behind into interactive holograms that are able to be conversed with a bit?
>>
>>53994153
Ah, I could also put in the side quests (though I think they were mostly fetch quests? it's been years) and have the players get back to the main ship city between areas.
>>
>>53994053
Oh and here's an example of what I have to go off of dialogue-wise
http://www.pscave.com/pso/script/forest.shtml
>>
>>53992460
It can be useful if the rules will allow retroactive spends.
>>
File: 1496872957077.jpg (264KB, 1920x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1496872957077.jpg
264KB, 1920x1155px
>>53994454
>>53994153

The plot seems really simplistic. Was there something in particular you wanted to try and do with it?
>>
>>53994610
No idea. The setting is somewhat similar to Starfinder which is what made me think of it. I'm not sure how to expand on it, either.
>>
>>53994735

You could work it into the lead up of a campaign finisher. After your group have become someone known and respected they might get asked to accompany a corporate research team to a previously unknown planet that seems ripe with resources worth setting up permanent presence for. However, the act of mining has unleashed some kind of monster from pre-Gap times and is causing all sorts for problems and now your characters are having to literally fight the entire planet as a result.
>>
>>53994610
Here's the main part of 'episode 2'. Maybe I could mash the two together somehow to add some substance
http://www.pscave.com/pso/script/centralcontrolarea.shtml
>>
>>53992542
>>53992825
>>53993704
They will be in the CRB as a legacy race.
>>
Are teleporters/transporters going to be a thing in Starfinder or are manual planetary landings still normal?
>>
File: PZO7101-ShirrenShipSmall.jpg (82KB, 1200x332px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-ShirrenShipSmall.jpg
82KB, 1200x332px
This the one of the very few official ships. The Starhive Drone Mk III. A smaller ship fabricated by shirren manufacturer Starhive. As befits their name, Drones are extremely common and used as freighters, personnel transports, light colonial defense vessels, and more. Despite the ships' mass production, Starhive takes a natural shirren pride in making sure each ship's iridescent paint job is unique.

>>53995289
Currently unknown. Probably not going to be star trek transporters.
>>
File: PZO7101-VeskShipLarge.jpg (141KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-VeskShipLarge.jpg
141KB, 1200x628px
The Tyrant. Built by the vesk munitions company Vindicas, the Tyrant is a dreadnought feared across multiple star systems. Huge weapon batteries tear through even the most formidable capital ships, while its hangars unleash squadrons of fighters to mop up foes too insignificant to be worth the Tyrant's direct attention.

From this description we can see that ships are probably going to get pretty big. And were only going to get a few ships in the book witht the rest being player built ones personally customized for each campaign.
>>
>>53995332
Neato.
>>
>>53993704
>Would be more gradual if it was spread out, desu.
What, like +0.25 to four ability scores every other level? They could maybe do +1 to one score every level or two, but they'd have to have clunky wording about not applying to the same ability score until you've put it in four different scores, and you'd have to keep track of which score you raised at which level to track that, and that's annoying.
>>
>>53994596
It doesn't by the wording listed in the upgrade, but maybe there's a general rule about bonuses like that. I doubt it, though.
>>
>>53992825
Seeing as how they made elves shit-ins unwilling to explore space, I imagine dwarves are also weakened in some way to prevent them from being a player character.
>>
File: PZO7101-Space Dwarf.jpg (136KB, 736x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-Space Dwarf.jpg
136KB, 736x1000px
>>53996840
And yet there is art of a dwarf in power armor, holding a big gun. Its more like the PF standard common races are going to become the SF uncommon races. You'll find them out in space, but they aren't going to be anywhere near common.
>>
File: an actual space elf.jpg (241KB, 526x1025px) Image search: [Google]
an actual space elf.jpg
241KB, 526x1025px
>>53996861
And here is an elf in space gear.
Doesn't change the fact that there is a reason why these races aren't going to space, making them not fit for PCs.
>>
>>53997017
If the game has stats for them, and represents them in official art, then yes, they are going to be fit for PCs. It's just that when it comes to overall representation within the galactic community, it's going to be really small, practically non existent. Within the Pact Worlds through, representation will be greater, though small.

Literally from the Blog reveal about legacy races
>For races, these issues are much less likely to cause significant issues. We already provide full Starfinder write-ups for dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, half-elves and half-orcs in the Pathfinder Legacy chapter of Starfinder. Those races still exist in the Pact Worlds, they just aren't as common as they were in Golarion-focused games using Pathfinder.

Which is literally what i've said in previous posts. They exist, they are out there, but their numbers aren't as great as the Lashunta, Vesk, Shirren, and all the other races.
>>
>>53982544
Why is there a pgg and sfg? If pgg only talks about PF let them be called pfg again
>>
>>53997097
Autism.
>>
Have white men been confirmed for Starfinder yet?
>>
>>53997171
Nope, they aren't present in the game.
>>
>>53997174
Damn.
>>
>>53997171
We know that there are hellknights so that probably means Cheliax made it to space.
They're white.
>>
>>53997319
Hellknights are multidenominational, you know. you're even more likely to run into brown ones than white ones.
>>
>>53997319
The only showcased Hellknight art was a Kasatha. No white men in space.
>>
>>53997319
Cheliax is going to be a generic multicultural neighborhood in Absalom Station.
>>
Wait why is this white people in space even a question?
We've only seen one human, the iconic envoy. One Asian woman doesn't mean there are no other races.
>>
>>53997549
It's just a /pol/lutant who keeps shitposting this in every Starfinder thread. It can be reasonably inferred that there is going to be white people, but the /pol/luter can only understand such a thing if it's autistically blatant via being in the art or explicitly called out.
>>
>>53997549
Androids are modeled after humans and only have female or non-white men. There are also humans shown for the various themes and none of them are white men even though there are like 8 of them.
>>
>>53997171

No. They have been secreted away to a special facility where they were made to be dominated by big black cock and enjoy the rest of their lives as feminized submissve spade queens.
>>
>>53997612
>Lesbian Asians are more prominent in Starfinder than White People

With the way demographics are going, Paizo's just ahead of the curve.
>>
>>53997664
Yeah but lesbian Asians are a good thing.
>>
>>53997866
Only to other lesbians.
>>
>>53997937
Only if you're a cuck.
>>
>>53998193
Coming from the man that wants to watch a woman fuck another woman.
>>
>>53998269
I think you're missing the implication here.
>>
File: generation ship.jpg (262KB, 1600x1252px) Image search: [Google]
generation ship.jpg
262KB, 1600x1252px
I've been hyped for Starfinder since its announcement, and have been slowly building planets and encounters for a fairly open sandbox setting that will more than likely replace the established setting for my personal group, and I already have a large campaign thought up that I'm currently waiting for the actual rule book to start statting. Its working title is Sojourn of the Dead, and I'm hoping for some critique on its premise and any ideas that could make it better.

The tale begins about a century ago; with the Hive's relatively slow colony-ships just beginning to filter into our galactic neighborhood, the Asteria spur. There were many small single-system states that had existed on the fringes of this spur, and many that fell to the rapacious advance of the Hive before it became infamous to the wider galaxy as the menace that it is. One such system, known as Shaile to the humanoid races that lived there, had more warning than most of this incursion as it had recently reached a level of interstellar travel to which regular trading could occur between it and two other systems nearby, both of which went silent when the Hive overwhelmed them.
With this warning also came the dire realization that their defenses wouldn't be enough. The Hive were without number, and their navy was small in comparison. It took time and deliberation before a drastic plan could be put into action to save the populace of Shaile, the Generation ship took even longer to build, and by the time it was completed the Hive had already begun taking the system one planet at a time. Escaping by a thread, the generation ship Salvation took its maiden voyage, its experimental engines propelling it faster than light and into the unknown.
(cont.)
>>
>>53998306
Who doesn't want to watch a tight young woman get fucked by a virile bull?
>>
>>53998423
Its travels took it to strange locales, and even stranger phenomena, before it became encompassed by a pocket of radioactive gas, a remnant of a supernova that had occurred in the distant past. This gas, and the radiation it held, were too subtle for the ship's systems to detect, and powerful enough to seep past the radiation shielding provided by the asteroid's shell that comprised the hull of the ship.
Within a short span of months, the people aboard were beginning to grow ill. It was written off at first as the immune systems of these beings being weakened after living in an artificial environment for so long. But the illness continued, and soon people started to die. As the medical offices on board tried to assess the threat and contain the illness, the population began to grow desperate. Riots at medical centers, carefully crafted crop harvests ruined by lack of trained personnel to work the fields, the whole gamut of woes befell the Salvation before the source of their suffering, the person who brought them to this end, was exposed.
The captain of the Salvation, having stared into the void for years of his life, had gone mad. The depression he suffered through after having to sacrifice his home-world, and the strain of having to shoulder the burden of leading an entire species to its new home, had pushed him beyond his limits. He had stared into the void of space, and had begun to rationalize the death of his people's home as the fate that awaited them all; a quiet death in the void.
He had steered the ship into this nebula with a mad desire in his heart to be the hand of fate, to wield the power of that as a god above his people, and to avoid the end of all things.
(cont)
>>
File: Spacecolony3edit.jpg (6MB, 5732x4515px) Image search: [Google]
Spacecolony3edit.jpg
6MB, 5732x4515px
>>53998567
He had, in the months between his revalation and the journey to the toxic gas cloud he was now in, read as much arcane lore as he could find board the Salvation. He had sealed off his quarters, and read restricted files that only he had access to, and learned of the necromantic arts. By the time anyone grew suspicious, the illness had taken hold, and attention was drawn elsewhere. While the hospitals and medical bays were filled with the sick and dying, and the crop fields were burned in riots that spread throughout the ship, nobody noticed the graves slowly being depleted, or the bodies being diverted to cargo holds and empty warehouses aboard this inverted world.
It was when the governing council finally broke down that the captain made his move, a tide of the undead surging out of the storage decks and maintenance shafts to consume the still living. It took three years for the last living occupant to die out, and in that time the captain had become a Lich from the dead and dying on board the Salvation, and ever since its drifted through space, the insane rule aboard it luring in strange creatures and wandering starships to plunder their holds, kill and raise the crew, and send out seeker ships full of the undead so that he may find a new world to conquer in his name.

Tl;dr - A Generation ship breaks down, and the navigator/ captain becomes a lich in order to escape his death. Now it drifts through space attracting adventuring parties and destroying anythign or anyone it comes across. Are you and your party bad enough dudes to board this thing and fight your way through the undead to kill the lich, or will your bodies be added to his growing horde?j

Any advice or critique welcome, this came to me after being up for a long, long time so its a bit disjointed.
>>
>>53998423
>>53998567
>>53998663

So does the Lich captain have any over arching goals or is it just party as you go? Perhaps some representatives/ servents of Eox have some interest in this floating ghost ship because there could be hiterto unknown necromantic secrets? Why would I want to hop on this thing to begin with?
>>
>>53998709
>Why would I want to hop on this thing to begin with?

I completely forgot the hook here; Basically there's an entire fleet's worth of ships being dragged along by this thing, as other adventuring parties, hearing tales of a ship full of treasure that nobody has returned from, have flocked to this thing to loot the ship. So far most have wound up dead and part of the Horde, but a few have escaped, raving insanities inside of escape pods or small courier ships they stole to get away until authorities picked them up.

The main goal for the lich-captain is to become a god more or less, and he's going to need people to absorb their souls/ life energy to do that. A lot of them. Like,several worlds' worth.

So the Gods of the setting will occasionally give a prophetic vision of death slowly drifting through space towards the Pact Worlds, or an adventuring group will try to board this thing to get enough loot to live the high life.

I probably shoudl think of a better way to work it into the wider setting as a while though
>>
>>53998811
>Working this into a shit setting like Starfinder
>>
>>53986292
So just regular cowboys/military contractors?
>>
>>53997549
Not true, we've seen other humans, and they've all been of the enforced diversity variety.
>>
>>53998942
>>Working this into a shit setting like Starfinder
>Not reading the literal first sentence of my posts
>>53998423
>I've been hyped for Starfinder since its announcement, and have been slowly building planets and encounters for a fairly open sandbox setting
>>
>>53995289
I don't think any science fiction want to try ST meme teleporters after the official explanation of how the tech is given out in that setting.
Pretty depressing.
Probably something like Freelancer and Star Wars with ground space station.
>>
>>53998811
...this sounds familiar.
>>
>>53999253
>I don't think any science fiction want to try ST meme teleporters after the official explanation of how the tech is given out in that setting.

...what?
>>
File: preview-starfinder-releases.jpg (142KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
preview-starfinder-releases.jpg
142KB, 800x614px
>>53997549
>why is this white people in space even a question?
Why does it matter that there's mongrels and negroids?

Picture related, other "humans" in Starfinder. I guess Paizo got tired of not using the Ulfen, and just shitcanned whites altogether.

I'm sure they'll be back as a multicultural group of idealist raiders or as galactic antagonists, of course.
>>
File: PZO7101-StarfinderExplorer_180.jpg (24KB, 180x428px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-StarfinderExplorer_180.jpg
24KB, 180x428px
>>53999309
And more.
>>
>>53999303
Something something the teleporters works by instantly cloning another version of you at the target location and killing the original version at the same time.
>>
>>53999309
>Native American aka Arcadian

>>53999326
>Mwangi or Garundi
>>
>>53999341
That's how it's always been desu. It's why McCoy never uses them.
>>
>>53999381
Barclay too, and the meme got so bad they had an entire episode devoted to showing your conscience isn't interrupted in the stream.
>>
>>53999381
Well, yeah.
That's why other sci-fi settings generally don't use it since it's too depressing a tone for such a necessary tech for adventuring.
>>
>>53999341
Theres an episode of Next Generation where the killing malfunctions and Riker gains a twin brother clone. http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Riker
>>
>>53999421
And then they abandon the REAL Riker on that one planet while the Riker for the rest of the series is the Transporter Clone.
>>
>>53999341 >>53999381 >>53999401 >>53999408

No they don't. They explicitly don't. They had an Enterprise episode where they talked about that and everything.

>People said it was unsafe, that it caused brain cancer, psychosis, and even sleep disorders. And then there was all that metaphysical chatter about whether or not the person who arrived after the transport was the same person who left, and not some weird copy. I had to fight all of that nonsense

Even without that, though - Star Trek just isn't that kind of show, where people would Prestige around the Galaxy.
>>
File: PZO7101-OperativeThief_360.png (229KB, 360x528px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-OperativeThief_360.png
229KB, 360x528px
> Pictured: a legendary white man on the run from Paizo oppression.
>>
>>53999408
It's not depressing, though, not in the least. If it's an issue or not is up to you, much like Cortical Stacks and shit in Eclipse Phase. Does Star Trek teleportation really kill the you-you? Most people in the Federation would say no, while others fret over the metaphysical implications. To most, the distinction is completely moot.

>>53999520
>Star Trek just isn't that kind of show, where people would Prestige around the Galaxy.
Not sure if I misunderstnd or disagree. Star Trek is pretty much exactly a group of adventurers on a spaceship, gallavanting around, playing out scenarios and campaigns.
>>
>>53999638
>white
And so ashamed of it that it's covered up enough to maintain plausible deniability. You can't prove that he's white.
>>
File: 7v4nY3.png (454KB, 718x1004px) Image search: [Google]
7v4nY3.png
454KB, 718x1004px
>>53997664
....I am totally okay with this.
>>
>>53999951
The Federation are full of hypocritical asswipes. They're fine with teleporting and killing the "you" but the moment you have a race of clones begging for tissue samples so their civilization wont die, the officers of the inclusive Enterprise say, "fuck off, cloning is monstrous and if you make a thousand Rikers than I am no longer unique or special in the Universe."
>>
>>53999951
>Not sure if I misunderstnd or disagree

I think you misunderstand when I said "Prestige".

The Prestige is a movie from 2006 staring Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale as a pair of competing magicians (in the smoke-and-mirrors sense) in the early 20th century. They in particular each obsess over figuring out how to perform one specific trick, which is to have a man disappear on one side of the stage and reappear on the other instantly, to thunderous applause of course.

Since it is from 2006 I don't usually care enough to spoiler things, but this is a REALLY good movie so you should watch it, but, if you don't care to...

Bale's character figures out how to do it first, and Jackman's character becomes obsessive over figuring out how he does it. He pursues a rumor that a scientist in America - Nikola Tesla, played by David Bowie - has figured out how to build a teleporter, and that Bale is using a Tesla-made teleporter to perform the trick. Tesla actually hasn't. What he has figured out how to do is build a machine that creates a copy of you at the destination location (the original you is fine, you just don't move). Jackman uses this device to copy himself, seemingly teleporting, and kills the version left behind.

Bale's solution is actually, I think, far more ingenious, not the least of which because it doesn't involve murder. But I won't say what it was, you'll have to watch the movie

In any event, the point is that Star Trek isn't the kind of show where the transporter would secretly be a murder machine. Leaving aside all the technobabble description of why it's not, it just wouldn't fit with the tone of the series.
>>
>>53998811
I think you have an excellent plan and I wholeheartedly approve to your efforts.
>>
>>53999309
>that guy isn't white!
You're a dipshit.
>>
>>54000012
Try and remember that the humans of the Federation sit on the far side of two nuclear world wars (the Eugenics Wars of 1992-96 and World War III in the 2020s to 2050s) where eugenics and genetic manipulation and stuff was a major issue in both wars. They don't have the opinions they do in a vacuum.
>>
>>53999290

>A captain who zombified his entire crew and members of a generational ship to stave off his own disilluionment and fear of failure

>A theocratic empire who's current leader is trying to stay on top of a chosen one myth

The key difference here is that necromongers are not undead. If anything the Necromongers have more in common with the Hive from Destiny then they do this roaming zombie plauge.
>>
>>54000126
I said it sounds familiar, not identical.
>>
>>54000055

The thing about Star Trek technology is that it does whatever it wants and needs to when it's narratively convient for it to do so.

I recall an episode in the TNG where Scotty survived for some 70 odd years by forcing the teleporters of his craft into a constat test cycle where the data that was him and his crewmate were kept in the system until the test cycle was undone. That is to say the crewmate didn't make it but he did.
>>
>>54000230
Sure, but the point is that Star Trek is not a grimdark show. It would be tonally dissonant for the teleporters to function as murder machines. Above and beyond any technobabble explanation, that's the truth of the matter.
>>
>>54000327

You say that and then we have more than a few episodes where we see what happens when you don't toe the Federation's line and disagree with it (i.e. the Maki Rebellion) You know, because the humans in Star Trek are infallible and apparently on track to be the next Qs in the universe (according to Q of all people)
>>
>>54000055
Yeah I had no clue that's what you meant. But yes, of course, but factually, that is what the teleporters do. They quite literally disassemble you and then reassemble you elsewhere. It's just that to them and Gene Rodenberry, this never constituted murder; the new you is completely indistinguishable from the old you, so people don't consider the implications on a deeper level, just like most in Eclipse Phase don't fret over whether their new body, restored from backup, is you or not, becuse to them, it's obviously you.

This is unsurprising, since their federation is quite nihilistic and atheistic, and the tone of Star Trek is quite positivist, intentionally, at least until Roddenberry was dead and they started taking huge dumps on it all.

If you worry about the preservation and continuity of the soul, the implications are horrifying. If you consider your soul intrinsic to your being no matter what your flesh constitutes, it doesn't matter, since you will always be you.

The biggest wtf to me is how making forks of yourself or making backups of yourself isn't a staple in the Star Trek universe, because everything about teleporters suggests it's possible (but the data sizes are astronomical).
>>
>>54000077
...what? No-one pictured is white. This is a factual statement, nothing else.
>>
>>54000055
Not the anon you're replying to, but Star Trek is very much a terrible place once you look past the veneer. In TOS, McCoy refuses to use transporters for this very reason. They don't send you anywhere. They rip you apart to a quantum level, then assemble a copy at the destination. Not reassemble from all the stuff that was you. Assemble from all new materials. It's not even made of the same matter you were.

Other examples of ST terribleness are the societies that humans outside of the Federation live in, or that yes, a holodeck can in fact sentient, thinking beings that desire their own lives and freedom apart from entertaining bored crewmen.
>>
>>54000469

Why don't you go and play myfrog and fuck off if Starfinder doesn't meet your Aryan standards.
>>
>>54000012
>killing the "you"
Except it's not. This is a discussion on what constitutes "you", and generally, the people of the federation don't agree with you.
>fuck off, cloning is monstrous and if you make a thousand Rikers than I am no longer unique or special
I agree that that is bullshit, but it's not hypocritical, it's actually pretty consistent. Could even be the origin of the principle of matter disassembling upon "teleportation".
>>
File: Yablewit.png (218KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Yablewit.png
218KB, 500x374px
>>54000506
>Points out objective fact
>NAZI! REEEEEEEEE!
Really anon? Really?
I get that we're on 4chan with le autism meme and all that shit, but being retarded isn't a requirement.
>>
>>54000506
>being this butthurt over someone not being white
>but YOU're the racist, *I* don't care about race, obviously!
kys
>>
>>54000555
>>54000602

Then go play myfarog or something if you want 100% all white males all the time.
>>
File: [Shitposting intensifies].jpg (36KB, 356x334px) Image search: [Google]
[Shitposting intensifies].jpg
36KB, 356x334px
>>54000623
Alright, you're just being a shitposter and fishing for (You)s. Here ya go then, guy. Put it in the bank and buy a Tumblr gold pass or whatever you're saving them for.
>>
>>53999638
>white
>clearly an Imperial Dragon on his vest
That's a Tian idiot.
>>
>>54000623
No one's asking for 100% white males, we're asking for any white males at all in a game whose audience consists almost entirely of white males and whose developers belong to an ideology built around hating white males.
>>
>>54000623
>literally not a single white person in a game played primarily by white people in a genre created entirely by white people
>GO PLAY MYFAROG IF YOU WANT 100% RACIAL PURITY SIEG HEIL NAZI HOMOEROTICISM REEEEE
Kill yourself in an imaginative way.
>>
>>54000623
>Hey, this game doesn't have any white people
>Fucking deal with it, shitlord
>I'm just kind of upset they're intentionally ignoring a group of people
>GO BE A NAZI SOMEWHERE ELSE

The war was almost 80 years ago, you know that right?
>>
>>54000794
White men are the only people that really give a damn about science-fiction settings, anyway. Let Paizo whither and whimper in the corner alongside the other failed gaming companies that began to bite the hand that feeds them.
>>
>>54000794
And see, if it makes sense in the setting it's fine. I'm not going to bitch that there's no white people in a game set in Han Dynasty China, or that there's no black people in a game based on Norse mythology.
But Pazio is doing it because they chug the tumblr koolaid and want to make a cringy political statement even if it's to the detriment of their game.
>>
>>54000876
The entire setting is a political statement, the fact they removed Lashuntan sexual dimorphism should be evidence enough of that.
>>
Any good generators for star systems you know about?
>>
>>54000909

I didn't know 'rape' was a type of dimorphism.
>>
>>54001403
Stars Without Number maybe? donjon has stuff for individual systems too.
>>
>>54001403
Like in a narrative sense or...? Because most just throw you the base setup to you, and most others are system/setting specific. And for base setup, you can do that with your own table and dice.
>>
File: giphy.gif (268KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
268KB, 160x160px
>>54001434
Explain.
>>
With having such a larger... base does this mean things like demons, angels and other outsiders rarer?
>>
>>53997097
I don't give a shit what they want to do, but I don't care about Pathfinder right now. As long as there's a dedicated Starfinder thread where I don't have to wade through non-SF stuff, they can do whatever they want in the other threads.
>>
>>54002379
This. Let /pgg/ stew in their own shit. One day, all the celebshit, discord drama, app-posting, animu-autism and other assorted mass cancer may come to /sfg/, but today is not that dy, so let's enjoy it.

>>54002251
What do you mean? Why would they be rarer?
>>
>>54002250

Lamashtu is fueled by rape and monster rape babies. It was a joke.
>>
>>54002462
Heaven, the Nine Hells, Axis; they're all one place with a limited amount of space.
As the Material Plane expands, how can multiple planets deal with angels, demons and div without emptying those planes?
>>
Let's ask the REAL questions here.

Will there be gun-kata/gun-fu in Starfinder?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=U02E2sjwlLM
>>
>>54002663
The Material Plane hasn't expanded, it was always huge. And most planes are functionally infinite.
>>
>>54002462
Yes, I'd rather talk about the pronouns I should use when addressing a Shirreen.
>>
>>54002624
You mixed up Lashunta with Lamashtu.
>>
>>54002697
I thought that was a trait only a few planes had, like the Abyss.
>>
>>54002704
That sounds like sarcasm, but seriously, it would be an improvement.
>>
>>54002665
Almost certainly not
>>
>>54002704
I'm reminded of one of the characters from Exalted and how they referred to themselves as "this one".
I could see that being popular among the Shirren.
>>
>>54003121
But they will be in an inevitable Path of War: Starfinder.
>>
>>54003145
You mean Hyperlanes of War.
>>
Space Psionics fucking when.
>>
>>54000469
So the guy on the far right isn't white?

He looks white. He has a tattoo. He is a strong lookign soldier man.

So, your "facts" are clearly wrong.
>>
File: PZO7101-MysticEmpath.jpg (153KB, 716x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-MysticEmpath.jpg
153KB, 716x1000px
>>54003767
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljtz?Class-Preview-The-Mystic

There. Literally, the mystic class is basically any magic user from scifi. It covers Dr Strange, the Technomages from Babylon 5 (though the actual technomancer class might do it better), Jedi, the Psi Corp (god babylon 5 is amazing), and pretty much any magic/psionics from scifi movies.

If you thinking DSP psionics, not till 2018.
>>
>>54003924
>no power points
Dropped.
>>
The weird thing I'm wanting to hear more of is technomancers uploading spells on computers or robots as viruses.
>>
>>54003924
>making two white power symbols
Who knew the klan would survive this far into the future.
>>
>>54004227
That symbol is not white power despite what they say, and the trolling about it was fuckign retarded, and blatantly showed that White power fuckers are retarded.
>>
>>54004279
They're just butthurt that Starfinder has nonwhite humans, so they're trying to cause problems
>>
>>54004380
If they're nonwhite can we really be certain they're humans at all?
>>
>>54004227
>not recognizing Buddhist Mudras
And you call yourself an RPG player.
>>
BAN PAIZO SPAM
>>
>>54003924

Doesn't it run on Vancian casting? No thanks.
>>
>>54003886
He looks pretty Native American, which in Golarion would be an Arcadian.
>>
>>54005498
>white skin
>native American
Tattoos are Native American now?
>>
>>54005498
>muh agenda
>>
>>54005542
The hair and facial features scream Native to me, and this is coming from someone that actually lives in North America.
>>
>>54000417
The Marquis weren't just "not toeing the Federations line", they were attacking Cardassian vessels and were going to provoke an all-out war between themselves and the Cardassians, and also drag the Federation into it due to some Starfleet personnel supplying the Marquis with weapons.

The Federation's choice was either stand aside and let the Marquis get wiped out by the Cardassians - but probably not before letting the Marquis drag the Federation into a war with the Cardassians - or else intervene and deal with the Marquis themselves.

>>54000436
>It's just that to them and Gene Rodenberry, this never constituted murder

Okay, I'm going to float something for you now - the folk of Star Trek are several centuries more advanced than us technologically, and so have better means of detecting and analyzing data. If in Star Trek a character who is transported is said to be 100% the same person at both ends in every way thanks to "Heisenberg compensators", then I accept that as a fact. The creating "forks" as you mentioned is a product of a *freak malfunction*, often something that can't be safely duplicated.

>>54000500
> but Star Trek is very much a terrible place once you look past the veneer.

So is MLP if you go into it with the mindset that something must be fundamentally fucked up. But that's entirely the wrong mindset to be approaching the thing.

>In TOS, McCoy refuses to use transporters for this very reason

McCoy uses transporters all the time in TOS. Source: I watch it on a nearly daily basis as my work schedule allows, as a local channel of mine, Heroes & Icons, has a Sunday-Friday bloc of every live-action Star Trek show. I see McCoy transported all the damn time, usually without any objection.
>>
>>54005668
Coming from someone who worked in a Native American owned casino, that guy looks nothing like any Native American at all.
>>
File: 1473473056825.jpg (58KB, 564x875px) Image search: [Google]
1473473056825.jpg
58KB, 564x875px
So aside from Absalom station it seems like Verces will be another one of those planets that would make for a good starter world to use. All I know though is that there was some monk order that lives on the frozen dark side of the planet but I like the idea of being a survivalist that regularly switches between the two sides as a test of sorts of their skill. Like future Bear Grills or something.
>>
>>54006906

I still dont understand the purpose of the gap. Why is that even necessary?
>>
>>54006982

Because it's a convient narrative tool to start over without having to really come up with a reason why things happen. You can come up with that yourself if it suit your own cannon.
>>
>>54006982
Why not?

Because writing out thousands of years of development in a world with as many catastrophic happenings as Golarion would be insanely tough to make coherent. i mean, look: Worldwound, Moonscar, The Whispering Tyrant, the Runelords, the Serpent God, the Eye of Abendego...each AP deals with a world-ending threat and there are hundreds of players who have plaayed thes APs at some point. there is absolutely no possible way to reconcile all the possible threats and endings of those threats, given that the people at Paizo aren't psychic enough to divine every GM's answer to all these things.

It's a plot device, to deal with plot devices.
>>
>>54006982
Narrative mechanic they learned after 4e's more disastrous spellpocalypse.

By jumping so far in the future AND leaving it vague, they don't have to worry about explaining how all those super magic people didn't prevent/fix the problem.

By comparison, I think the author of the Drizzt novels cried when he found out what happened in the jump to 4e, plus many people enamores with FR
>>
>>54006982
Would you like to write the future history of Golarion, anon? People complain about the lack of narrative structure in the countries interactions....maybe you could do better and add in a few thousand years of development as well?
>>
>>54006982
pathfinder is still going so they can't set the history of golarion in stone

it would have made more sense to make starfinder a seperate universe but they are relying on brand so here we are
>>
File: d0b0fbc91f461b8b3465fcb93108a2a3.jpg (182KB, 1280x2009px) Image search: [Google]
d0b0fbc91f461b8b3465fcb93108a2a3.jpg
182KB, 1280x2009px
>>54006906

Now that I think about it, the whole light and dark aspect of the world fits pretty well with what the solarian has going on. Imagine there are two temples, one on either side of the world and in order to get the totality of being Solarian on this world you have to train at one temple then find your way to the other.
>>
>>54007154
>>54007096
>>54007071
>>54007067
>>54007048

Why not just say there was a time skip? Why do you even need to fill in x-many years? It takes place in the future. We get it. Idk, it just feels janky and poorly thought out. Which I guess is Paizo.
>>
File: 1474717270069.png (7MB, 3040x3816px) Image search: [Google]
1474717270069.png
7MB, 3040x3816px
>>54007209

I don't know dude. if it bothers you that much just drop the setting and use the system for a custom setting.
>>
>>54007209
Because just sayign there was a time skip is a stuupid way to deal with unresolved plotlines, anon. I can't even imagine you not complaining "what about the Worldwwound, what about Chelicax, what about the Linnorm Kings, what about whatever the fuck I want to complain about?" Because that's really all the fuck you do in this thread, complain about shit you don't like because it offends your delicate sensibilities. Go play WoD or Rifts if you can't cope with simple solutions to complex problems.
>>
I question the people who looked at the bone-sages of Eox and thought it would be a smart idea to team up with them.
>>
>>54006906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izizsAodOCk

I want to have a ysokai family group that emigrated to verces and took up living in the desert :3

>>54007427
Well, apparently they are big on participating in the Pact world government so they have some stack in making sure the Pact Worlds run smoothly as the Stewards are want to maintain. Them and the guys from from the gas giants who can share their minds to form super minds and run corporations that way.
>>
>>54007264

>all this projection

Anon, I think you have a problem. Maybe you should turn off the internet, just for a night.
>>
The only thing I am dreading about starfinder is all the people who will attempt a GOTG style game.
If their mood-music has anything from the 80s or whenever I'm gonna punch the ST.
>>
>>54008296

Well that's just something you'll have to put up with because there is already several ways this game could go.

GOTG is one way, Oulaw Star another, Chronicles of Riddick, Captain Harrlock, Gundam Wing, Event Horizon, Dune.

If it bothers you that much then you're out of luck.
>>
>>54008296
>The only thing I am dreading about starfinder is all the people who will attempt a GOTG style game.

Paizo more or less added the Ysokai because they anticipated many people will want to play Rocket Raccoon.
>>
>>54007544
Well, you won't shut up about things that don't actually matter, anon. What are we supposed to think?
>>
>>54008401
Doesn't mean I have to like it.
It's not like it was even that good of a movie.
>>
>>53992527
I wonder if they mean that in Starfinder stats or Pathfinder stats? (a 16 in Pathfinder is a lot different than a 16 in starfinder, it would be the equivalent of a 42 in Pathfinder) I think they meant to say you add a +2 if your stat is +3 or less, and +1 of it's +4 or more.
>>
File: obozaya.png (1MB, 1772x1504px) Image search: [Google]
obozaya.png
1MB, 1772x1504px
>>54009299
PCs still have classic D&D attributes. I think the modifier-only change was just for NPCs.
>>
>>54009396

I wonder if point buying is or will be changed in this system. I hate the idea of random rolling for stats.
>>
>>54003886
>He looks white.
Are you fucking high? He's clearly an indian/arcadian.
>>
>>54004279
>>54005332
>being this retarded
>>
>>54005698
>If in Star Trek a character who is transported is said to be 100% the same person at both ends in every way thanks to "Heisenberg compensators", then I accept that as a fact.
That's what the characters in-universe claims because that's how they see it. But it's also stated that you are disassembled in one place, and reassembled elsewhere via matter replication. Factually, you die and a copy is created. This is fact. Like I said, the discussion is what constitutes "you" and whether the distinction matters. The Federation generally favour a purely materialist perspective where you're you because of what you are, and if you're entirely recreated perfectly, that's still you.

It makes perfect sense that others would feel otherwise.
>>
>>54010890
Especially when you aren't dissembled and the new you is still created. Both of you think your friends and family belong to each of them.
That's fucking disturbing.
>>
>>54011117
Which one of you have your soul when that happened?
The new you or the old you?
Because you can clone your body but not your soul.
>>
>>54010356
Yeah, apparently it's going to be 1:1 no matter how high the score, but you'll just get fewer points.
>>
>>54003767
I'm just planning to use Ultimate Psionics.
>>
>>54011130
What is disturbing is the answer that if the new clone possess a new soul when created with old body and memories, what happened to the old soul with the body already dissembled?

Do your soul die and go to hell for deliberately committing suicide?
Do your soul disappear to the great emptiness?
>>
>>54011159
[Citation Needed]
I don't doubt you anon, but this sounds like the sort of thing that they wouldn't do. Do you have a source?
>>
File: 624261a991703eb36deb2a0062d54c0d.jpg (154KB, 897x1080px) Image search: [Google]
624261a991703eb36deb2a0062d54c0d.jpg
154KB, 897x1080px
Are we Phantasy Star now?
>>
>>54011271

I assume gun and knife (knifegun) will be the order of the day, especially if you are a pirate. Granted gunplay seems to be the primary form of fighting as doing a Leroy Jenkins at a group of dudes shooting at you is just not going to end well. Then again there are probably monsters and individuals who can walk infront of gun fire and give zero fucks require the need of a melee weapon.
>>
>>54011211
I don't actually remember where I saw that, so I could be wrong.
>>
>>54011388
I'm gonna have to assume you are until proven wrong, because what I've seen about the game makes direct reference to point buy being similar to Pathfinder.
>>
>>54011383
I'm sure there will be, but remember we're running on XCOM logic. Ice and Napalm grenades, Tasers and Bean Bags, there are going to be too many ways to lock people down. You'll need your own set up to close the distance
>>
>>54011464

Obviously how I would do it depends on where the fighting takes place. Inside of a spacestation/space ship with tight corridors? Lots of close range weapons and plenty of melee to boot.

Planet side and places that won't decompress with even the use of tactical nukes would bee where major firefights occur which is why I want to learn more about places like absalom station if it's big enough you can have shootouts without worrying about damaging the station itself.
>>
File: 1448117476078.jpg (31KB, 800x320px) Image search: [Google]
1448117476078.jpg
31KB, 800x320px
>>54011383
Laser pistol + plasma blade all the way.
You said knifegun, though. Are they really going full japanimation and putting gunblades in? I suppose when the blade is weightless because it's a lightsaber, it kind of takes away their main disadvantage.
>>
>>54011544

Probably nothing that ridiculous but I am certainly taking a few pages from several games like Wasp knives from EP so you can stab people with various sorts of nasty stuff like alchemist fire or a poison. knives with ballistic blades so you can shoot them at people probably katars with guns on them (so yeah i guess knifegun)
>>
>>54011543
Bulkheads are made to take meteor impacts; I doubt something like a handheld gun would cause decompression. Just don't go firing your starships's cannons in the docking bay.
>>
>>54011612
There's still the matter that combat is going to be extremely close on ships. If people in real life could take multiple bullets and keep fighting without issue, bayonets would be used a hell of a lot more when clearing rooms.
>>
File: kE32eaz.jpg (153KB, 1000x848px) Image search: [Google]
kE32eaz.jpg
153KB, 1000x848px
>>54011612

I suppose, I just want it so combat is dynamic and people have to stay on their toes when it comes to combat.

Fighting in the middle of Verces' Desert shouldn't turn out the same way as if you're in armored space suits and fighting between asteroids in the Diasporia which is definetly a place I imagine close quarters will matter.
>>
>>54011464
Shadowdancer Spellblade is going to cut you up from behind your own shadow either way.
>>
>>54011643
eh, if we're still working on the hardness rules in Pathfinder, a laser cannon won't do much to a bulkhead, even if a soldier can do ungodly damage with it. For instance, lasers deal fire damage. A level 10 soldier with a 7d8 gun and three attacks per round can deal about 125 damage per round to a target.

Against things with hardness, that damage is immediately cut in half except for special circumstances (such as setting fire to wood or paper). Steel also has a hardness level of 10. that means thatfirst, the Soldier cuts his damage down to 62.5, then since it's three different shots, splits that into (on average) about 21 damage per shot. with hardness taking it, that's 11 damage per shot - enough to go through an inch of steel's thickness, and no more. Maybe this'll change, but as it stands, it's going to require some seriously focused fire to get through bulkheads like that.

>>54011663
While I doubt that the danger of spacing yourself is going to be an issue, close quarters like on ships, hallways, small rooms, and the like are still going to be a problem for a lot of people. As such, I definitely suspect that carrying a melee weapon is going to be standard. Every adventurer should have a knife at minimum, no matter what time period you're from.
>>
>>54011544
Lightsabers aren't weightless, you mong. They even have shifting centers of balance depending on momentum as the plasma pools against the containment field (which is why they allow you near-perfect distribution/weight in the handle on defensive, but hits hard as you swing it hard like a top-heavy hammer).
>>
>>54011708
>enough to go through an inch of steel's thickness
And if your space fantasy ship's hull is made of plain old steel, you've already decided you want to die in the cold vacuum of space anyway.
>>
>>54011768
Exactly. even pathfinder specifically says that Starships are generally made out of a sturdy Steel/adamantium alloy.
>>
>>54011708
1 inch is just above 2,5 cm. 25 mm of steel is a lot. Just how thick do you think the outer walls are? No more than 100mm, and that's being extremely generous. And then imagine windows or seams, and more high-powered weapons than lasers, such as railguns or, dear god, explosives.

If Paize do not play this up when they have the chance, they're faggots.
>>
>>54011786
>making spaceships out of metal
>not carbon nanotubes
When will they learn?
>>
File: N7_Destroyer_Soldier_MP.png (204KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
N7_Destroyer_Soldier_MP.png
204KB, 512x1024px
>>54011811
Oh, i'm sure there'll be weapons where firing casually could lead to disaster. but for general play, I don't feel it'll be an issue.

which means a GM can conveniently place weak areas of the ship's hull or whatever if he's feeling creative.
>You come to an observation deck"
>"Fuck. No explosives!"
>>
>>54011406
I'm not sure how trustworthy it is, but this was just recently posted in one of the Paizo forum posts:

> It's surprisingly simple and straight forward. You get 10's across the board, and then add racial modifiers. These seem to be a net +3. I've seen +4/-1, +2/+2/-1, and +4/+1/-1/-1.
> After that, you have 10 points to spend. Placing a point in a score increases it by 1, regardless of the score. 16-17 costs 1 point, as does 9-10. You can't have a score higher than 18. Additionally, you don't get points back for going below 10 - no dump stats in Starfinder.
>At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th, You increase 4 ability scores. A score above 16 is increased by 1, a score at or below 16 is increased by 2.
>So for example, say we have a Goblin Operative, because why not.
>Goblins get +4 Dex, -1 Cha, so we start with
>10 14 10 10 10 9
>Then we spend our 10 points. 4 go to Dex, hitting the max of 18. 2 for Con for some HP, then 4 more into Int for skill ranks. Now we have
>10 18 12 14 10 9
>At 5th level, we get our increases. Let's do Dex, Int, Con, and Wis, 'cause why not. Now we have
>10 19 14 16 12 9
>and so on.
>Overall I think it's pretty elegant. It allows for specialization in 1 ability (spellcasters) without having to dump everything, and the level increases balance that out by making MAD classes much more able to function. Also it's so much easier to explain that the Pathfinder system, for which I've resorted to the phrase "I'll send you a link to a point buy calculator."
>>
>>54011921
Hmm. Well, I don't know how well it's going to go; we'll just have to see the way it ends up.
>>
>>54011736
Is that a thing? That sounds like some EU stuff that isn't canon anymore.
Or is that actually how it works in Starfnder?
>>
>>54012099
>Or is that actually how it works in Starfnder?
Noone knows.
>>
>>54012099
It's old EU stuff, but if you want only nu-Canon, we know nothing about the sabers, but they still clearly have both weight and momentum as described, based on how they're used in all the movies.

And afaik, all those extra books about characters and vehicles and animals and weapons and shit are still canon, which is where most of this is detailed, now when I think about it.
>>
File: Sabers.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sabers.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>54012253
>>54012099
Hey, at the very least, we know that plasma swords are going to be available in Starfinder. they are in fact already available in pathfinder.
http://archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentTechWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Plasma%20blade
>>
>>54012271
No fucking clue why it would cause electricity damage, but apart from that, it's pretty obviously meant to be a lightsaber, just a copyright-safe one, since lightsabers are indeed plasma-filled force-fields.
>>
>>54012353
it's because they for some reason decided that plasma damage is half fire and half electricity. Which, hilariously, means most tieflings are capable of deflecting this thing with their bare hands.
>>
>>53997612
he's still here?
man, I thought i counterargued him to hell like 2 threads ago.
>>
Are drow still around in Starfinder?
>>
>>54012796
In a playtest not too long ago, there was a merc band that ended up being against the party that was lead by drow and half-orcs.
>>
>>54011921
Interesting indeed.
>>
>>54012377
/pol/posters going to shitpost, anon.
>>
>>54010890 >>54011117 >>54011130 >>54011176

>But it's also stated that you are disassembled in one place, and reassembled elsewhere via matter replication

No, it's not. That's not how the transporter in Star Trek works. It works by converting all your matter into energy, sending that exact energy to the destination location, and then converting that energy back into matter in the exact same way that it was before the transport.

Among other things, if it worked by assembling you from local matter, then it would be impossible to teleport something into the vacuum of space, yet off the top of my head I can think of at least one time that happened (DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations" with the tribble bomb).

Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek lore, backs me up on this:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Transporter

>The transporter, also known as an energy-matter scrambler, was able to convert the molecules of an object or individual into energy, then beam them into a chamber where they were reconverted back into their original pattern. (TOS "The Savage Curtain")

Your Trek Fu is weak, anons.
>>
Is anyone else gonna use their own setting for Starfinder? I have zero interest in the main PF setting,and I wanted to try having something that's less Dragonstar, more Destiny or Starcraft. I.e. not just transplant elves and dwarves and dragons into space, and try to give everything a more sci-fi aesthetic.
>>
>>54015452
From the way /pgg/ talked about it, 70% or more campaigns will be Macross X Star Fox, so you will have Giant Robot Icons with Brain-in-Jar Mercs alongside them. The rest will be what you wanted.

Though most people will run the APs to fleet acclimated.
>>
File: a365c7dded278f7474efac053e0f9b28.jpg (593KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a365c7dded278f7474efac053e0f9b28.jpg
593KB, 1920x1200px
>>54015452

I didn't think to try and run destiny using this although I probably don't want to copy it wholesale. That said, while the base PF setting is crap the good part is you can leave the bulk of that around and still use whatever parts of it you want and/or need so basically a good chunk of t he base setting can essentially be ignored and still be used .
>>
>>54016278
Gib details, plz
>>
I feel like making the first campaign I'll run for /sfg/ a bit of a collab project.
That is, toss ideas pertaining to the setting or plot at me and I might include them in the campaign if I find them interesting.
The base idea is that the players will be Azlanti agents (somewhat akin to a spec ops group or a space marine squad) of the resurgent Azlanti Star Empire which seeks to reestablish dominance by means of conquering Absalom Station and thus claiming the Starstone for themselves.
I'd love to hear your ideas that would fit with this base premise, /sfg/.
>>
>>54016292
Hang on, deleted original post to do just that in new post so as to not take up two posts.

>>54015452
If I was running Starfinder, then yes. I actually already have my own fully developed space opera setting which I pretentiously refer to as "Deep Space: Adventure Beyond the Furthest Sun!" So if I run Starfinder, then it'd be in that.

Basically - the Great War, an interstellar conflict between the great powers of the Tor'qua Hegemony, Varjren Empire, and Elai Protectorate - ended five years ago without an obvious winner but with all three great powers exhausted, bankrupt, and on the verge of internal collapse. The War caused around forty billion casualties throughout Known Space, and several entire worlds were glassed towards the end. The varjrens were nominally the "victors" due to being able to negotiate the Moraal Accords from a position of relative strength, but they almost immediately had to turn inwards to deal with their own problems and were unable to force much in the way of claims or concessions.

Meanwhile, several other nations are expanding into the relative vacuum left behind by the Great Powers, exerting their influence in ways they couldn't before when the Great Powers were, well, powerful. In particular a race known as the kyn are taking advantage of varjren weakness to expand their domain.

Elsewhere the decline of the Great Powers has led to a rise in interstellar crime, since their fleets are no longer patrolling the space lanes. Smuggling in particular is on the rise.

The whole thing is basically supposed to feel like the 1920s IN SPACE! Gangsters, mobsters, weakened government control, empires struggling to hold themselves together, and so on. As well it dives deep into pulp adventure, so there's stuff like Fu Manchu, weird psychic powers, monstrous Things beyond explored space, etc; all the while nations are gearing themselves up, getting ready for the next big war they know is coming.
>>
>>54016563
I dunno, any one of a number of different Internet forums from my youth? Digimon Lab, probably? Maybe the Wizards of the Coast forums?
>>
>>54016635
Mine was school computer classes and early 4chan.
>>
File: PZO7101-Oras_SF-God.jpg (168KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-Oras_SF-God.jpg
168KB, 648x648px
>>54015452
Personally I need the mech rules to
1. Come out
2. Not be shit

And if those happen, then I plan on a game about followers of Oras, CN god of self-evolution and their giant robot vs. an evil empire of vesk and dragons.
>>
>>54016563
Anon, anyone who learned how to use a computer in school was taught to space their paragraphs that way. Sentences are used to convey points, but paragraphs are meant to use those points to convey an idea.

If you want to talk about ribbit-posting, than watch out for the idiots who don't capitalize at the start of their sentences and seem incapable of finding their apostrophe.
>>
>>54016675
So, what, "I evolve through mechanical means"? Seems like cybernetics would be the way to go for that.
>>
File: 1433707124150.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [Google]
1433707124150.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>54016732
>If you want to talk about ribbit-posting, than watch out for the idiots who don't capitalize at the start of their sentences and seem incapable of finding their apostrophe.
>mfw those people

No, but seriously, I hate that. Hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.

Although I don't think I ever had a computer class in school - I think those only really started becoming common in elementary schools in the early 2000s, which is when I was already in middle school and on my way to high school. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I was part of the last set of classes that didn't have those growing up.

No, I learned to space out my paragraphs because I read a lot and just tried to emulate how I saw things printed in books (and I dunno, I might have been taught it in school as well - I seem to recall something about 3-5 sentences per paragraph being ideal - but that wasn't the primary source for how I format my writing).

Then, on Internet forums, I got into the habit of having my paragraphs each be their own separate blocs of text because usually it was more trouble than it was worth to get them to indent, since the tab key doesn't work the same on the Internet as it does in a word processor, and putting everything together into a solid wall of text looks horrifying.
>>
File: New_Getter_Robo.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
New_Getter_Robo.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>54016800
Could be one way. Oras is about change to overcome conflict. When something stands in your way, adapt and overcome.

https://www.beastsofwar.com/starfinder/meet-gods-rpg-universe/
>>
>>54016675
>>54017076

Speaking of gods and giant mecha. I've been jacked on various mecha anime so I totally want to create a lawful good god of destruction.

The Nameless Brave

A being who's body is wreathed in fire of passion and courage said to appear before people in their darkess moments to light the fire of their soul and inspire them to pass on the flame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDMYiWIqzek
>>
>>54016447
To expand a bit:
I've been imagining this as a game about the players being a special task force within the military.
That is, they're tasked with performing critical tasks such as disabling defence systems on a planet before a full-scale planetfall, assassinating key officers, boarding big ships and taking over control to tip the scales in a fleet combat, etc.
>>
>>54017167
Sounds fitting. Maybe even a setting with a whole pantheon of Getters, Braves, Busters and more. While some may worship the "sleeping gods" for their blessings, only a rare few with souls that burn like stars can awaken them, chosen warriors capable of piloting these ancients into battle against threats from other worlds.
>>
>>54015059
I believe that is exactly what I said, anon. But energy is just energy, you can't distinguish one from another, which is why shit like Thomas Riker and Tuvix (curse me for remembering this shit) can even happen. I never said local matter was used. Nothing says that it's ever "the exact same energy", nevermind technobabbles anything on how that would even work.
>>
>>54011130
>Because you can clone your body but not your soul.
Prove it.

Also, maybe a new soul is created each time, as you're "reborn". Or maybe there's no such thing as a soul. Or it's tethered to you from some otherwordly realm, and tethers likewise to your clone. Or maybe your soul isn't affected at ll, and simply binds to you, transferring from your old you to the new. And if cloned, maybe the soul splits and clones too, to accomodate.

Plenty of ways to rationalize this, even in the off chance that you're religious in the Federation.
>>
>>54017820
>But energy is just energy, you can't distinguish one from another

Yes, you can, in Star Trek. Because that's how transporters work. You can refuse to believe that as much as you like, but you're just wrong.

>nevermind technobabbles anything on how that would even work

A typical transport sequence began with a lock to coordinates, during which the destination was verified and programmed, via the targeting scanners. Obtaining or maintaining a transporter lock enables the transporter operator to know the subject's location, even in motion, allowing the beaming process to start more quickly. This is an essential safety precaution when a starship away team enters a potentially dangerous situation that would require an emergency beam-out.

Next, the lifeform or object to be beamed was scanned on the quantum level, using a molecular imaging scanner. At this point, Heisenberg compensators took into account the position and direction of all subatomic particles composing the object or individual and created a map of the physical structure being disassembled, amounting to billions of kiloquads of data.

Simultaneously, the object was broken down into a stream of subatomic particles, also called the matter stream. While certain types of energy could be transported safely, active phaser beams would be disrupted during this breakdown process. (TNG: "Datalore") The matter stream was briefly stored in a pattern buffer while the system compensates for Doppler shift to the destination.

The matter stream was then transmitted to its destination across a subspace domain. (TNG: "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II") As with any type of transmission of energy or radiation, scattering and degradation of the signal must be monitored closely. The annular confinement beam (ACB) acted to maintain the integrity of the information contained in the energy beam. Finally, the initial process was reversed and the object or individual was reassembled at the destination.
>>
>>54018099
>You can refuse to believe that as much as you like, but you're just wrong.
Then source it, because it's not how teleporters have been explained in the shows from what I remember. It's exactly ax the section you quoted.

>The transporter, also known as an energy-matter scrambler, was able to convert the molecules of an object or individual into energy, then beam them into a chamber where they were reconverted back into their original pattern. (TOS "The Savage Curtain")
>>
>>54018992
Wasn't there an entire Barclay episode devoted to showing how your consciousness remains intact throughout the transfer process? I mean, if I recall Barclay straight up encounters some sort of freaky Warp Eel mid-beam and he remembers it when he gets out of the transporter.
>>
>>54018992
Everything I just posted is copy/pasted from the Wiki, with sources provided in what I copy/pasted (hence why I'd do things like (TNG: "Datalore")

There's no episode where they sit down and explain in one go how the transporter works, so it has to be gleaned from multiple episodes. But Memory Alpha is exclusively for canon Star Trek lore, so everything there is stated at one point or another in the show, in the episodes I cited or which the page entry cites (I did cut out some stuff to save on character count).

>>54019082
>Wasn't there an entire Barclay episode devoted to showing how your consciousness remains intact throughout the transfer process?

Not typically - not before and not since, and more to the point it was JUST Barclay who experienced it (there were others being transported who didn't), and something about quasi-energy microbes was involved.

Honestly I have no idea how that episode works in conjunction with transporters and don't have the time to re-watch it. Suffice to say that it's probably safe to write it off as a fluke even in-universe since, again, the transport between the Enterprise and the Yosemite is undertaken by multiple people but only Barclay experiences any weird side-effects.

More to the point, that is the episode where we learn that millions of people use transporters every *day* in the Federation, and yet only one or two accidents per *year* are reported. There's no form of transportation on Earth right now that can claim a safety record like that.
>>
>>54020093
Except nothing you sourced even claims that somehow, the exact same energy is used. Star Trek is a lot about the technobabble, but even Star Trek does not have perfect energy conversion or lossless energy transfer.
>>
>>54020093
>More to the point, that is the episode where we learn that millions of people use transporters every *day* in the Federation, and yet only one or two accidents per *year* are reported. There's no form of transportation on Earth right now that can claim a safety record like that.
Which is really important in the context of why they don't consider the implications in a negative light. It would be devastating.
>>
>>54019082
Yes, you are dissolved and reassembled elsewhere practically concurrently, bar fuckups. The fact that people do not experience a "moment of death" is likely part of why they don't consider it dying, since continuity of consciousness is maintained, at least from the eye of the beholder. It could also explain why more primitive people with strong religious beliefs do not lose their shit, because they don't realize that they were just disassembled and a copy created elsewhere.
>>
>>53985447
>As a result, personal upgrades are kept very simple. Over the course of a character's career, beginning around 3rd level or so, they can buy one personal upgrade that grants a +2 to one ability score, one that grants a +4, and one that grants a +6. It doesn't matter if these are mystic ability crystals, technological synaptic enhancers, or some hybrid system, each character can successfully use only three of them, each at a different level of ability boost.

I'm wondering if you can use all three boosts on the same stat. So like, +12 to CON or whatever.
>>
File: Quig.jpg (173KB, 906x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Quig.jpg
173KB, 906x1200px
Guess what time it is folks!

That's right, it's time for another episode of "New Iconic, time to complain about it and/or express a desire to fuck it!"

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljx2?Meet-the-Iconics-Quig
>>
>>54021406
Hey look, it's Rocket Raccoon.

He even has an amiable relationship with a bounty hunter partner.
>>
>>54021406

I only see rocket raccoon, have you ruined me against my beloved ratfolk /sfg/? Or is Paizo just shit?
>>
>>54021581
It's probably both.
>>
>>54021513
>>54021581

I don't know about you guys but I see a mentally stable and actually likable character who doesn't have an edgy background where his whole family died and he's had to tough it alone and become a psychopath to survive.

A rarity to the point I imagine it's making you comment the way you are.
>>
>>54020856
No. They clarify in the comments that you can have only a single bonus like that on one stat. So you can have a +2 dex, +4 con, then pick up a +6 and replace the dex and use that +2 somewhere else.

>>54021513
>>54021581
The only way I can see Rocket Raccoon is if you either know nothing of Rocket from the movies or you didn't read the write up. Cause holy shit, there is literally nothing in common between them besides being small fuzzy tinkerers of tech.
>>
>>54021864
An additional comment after reading the comments of the preview, stolen whole from it:

>So he worked on a water farm and longs for adventure. He has a robot buddy (that he talks to), and had a run in with a gang leader with bounty hunters.

>Like Quig Skywalker! But a lot more fun at the parties.
>>
>>54021941

And he still regularly talks to his family back home.
>>
>>54021864
>They clarify in the comments that you can have only a single bonus like that on one stat. So you can have a +2 dex, +4 con, then pick up a +6 and replace the dex and use that +2 somewhere else.

That's definitely for the best, since stacking it all to one stat would be a bit much. This way I can see them making MAD classes more viable too.
>>
>>54021406
I've yet to see an Iconic I dislike.
>>
Fresh bread

>>54023070
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.