[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Commander/EDH General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 59

File: Debt to the Deathless.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Debt to the Deathless.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
"Legacy of Endless Torment" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53855132

COMMANDAN NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Product Announcement Day
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14?

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

>Metamorphosis 2.0
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's the dirtiest, sneakiest trick that lurks within your deck?
>>
Just getting into EDH. Picked up a Yidris precon and swapped out a few cards, check out my list and make some recommendations, if you would.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/entropic-uprising-modification/
>>
>>53876566
>dirtiest trick
The doomsday lab man combo.
Question: what inner sleeves do you use?
>>
>>53876566
Gruul Wort is made up of nothing but dirty tricks. Sneak Attack Worldspine Wurm. Chord of Calling Conspired for Ogre Battledriver+Avenger of Zendikar. Seedborn Muse and Vedalken Orrery to do it all on my opponent's turn.
>>
>gotta play /edh/ in a little bit with some bros
>the dude who normally runs it is a "vegan" and his snacks are literally just vegetables with nothing and water
>today we're playing at my house, and I want to bring some delicious snacks for the rest of us, but the party has "that guy" who is a human garbage disposal, and instantly inhales anything slightly greasy
>there's also "that other guy" who bitches incessantly about anything that leaves a vague residue
The fuck do I feed these animals? It needs to be in great enough quantity to snack through a 24 of beer, but also fit all those other bullshit requirements. I'm thinking about making popcorn and candy personal snackers for everyone, movie theater style.

>>53876694
Is doomsday labman even a dirty trick at this point? That's just standard nonsense.

I like Exclusion Ritual and Nevermore in Brago, but Phyrexian revoker is nice.
>>
>>53876840
It feels good and my group doesn't like it, hence it being a bit dirty.
It's not sneaky by any means though lol.
>>
File: 1497464936300.jpg (42KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497464936300.jpg
42KB, 700x500px
Guys give good shit to block combos in mono white sram deck
>>
>>53876840
Ants on a log. Celery, peanut butter, raisins. Smear the peanut butter in the celery, dot it with raisins. I make it for my kids, and it sounds like your friends have the eating habits of 6 year olds.
>>
>>53876840
i personally think it's not ok to eat at the table while playing. it's fine to take a break to eat but being that guy who eats cheetos while touching other people's cards comes off just as inconsiderate and manchildish to me.

drinks are fine though as long as you don't spill them on any single sleeved decks
>>
File: Postem.png (1MB, 1654x490px) Image search: [Google]
Postem.png
1MB, 1654x490px
You know what to do
>>
File: IMG_7498.jpg (513KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7498.jpg
513KB, 1280x1024px
How much ramp should I have in Mayael? Just put a version of the deck together, and it's feeling pretty slow. How soon should I be able to start using her? Turn 4 or so?
>>
>>53876840
Guinness.
If they need to eat anything after a few pints, then they have the constitution of Scotsmen.
Why would you invite Scotsmen to your home, are you insane?
>>
>>53876896
Silence, Aura of Silence, Abeyance, Suppression Field, Ivory Mask, Nevermore & Friends, Mana Tithe (Because they won't expect the white deck to fuck up their no mana chain of events), Proactive Armageddon
>>
>>53876896
Omen of fire, Karma, Havoc, Anarchy, Stench of evil, spot removal, counterspells, etc.
>>
>>53876840
Honestly, just get pizza and some carrots and celery with ranch or blue cheese and eat in between games. I don't allow food or open drinks at the table when cards are out when we play at my place and everyone agrees it's sensible.
>>
>>53876566
Merieke Ri Berit + Conjurer's closet, or MRB with a no cost "tap to untap" creature and illusionist's bracers
>>
>>53876984
most of those aren't even white
>>
>>53876694
>Question: what inner sleeves do you use?
I've been using the KMC perfects, but Dragon Shield ones fit better with my Dragon Shield sleeves (obviously), and they're slightly thinner (for extra pleasure).
>>
File: wut.jpg (18KB, 210x217px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
18KB, 210x217px
>>53877017
misread, thought you were trying to shut down the sram deck, not protect it
>>
>>53876964
>Guinness
Actually, this could work. I have a shitload of imperial stout in my fridge, and that's like 10.5%, but I think they need something to sop up the liquor, because Veg-Bro is a complete lightweight. Like "I have two beers and I'm the drunkest person in the room" lightweight.

>>53876915
>>53876996
Y'know what? Maybe snacks should be kept in the other room. If that's the case, I'm rocking bacon-wrapped steakettes with horseradish dipping sauce, and a bunch of samosas. If that's not vegan, I guess he can still eat plain popcorn, or protein bars or some shit. Can they even eat PB and J?
>>
File: The_Gig_is_up.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The_Gig_is_up.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>53877090
Those sound perfect for me. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>53876491
That implies that either my lands or my nonlands are double sleeved. The foils are randomly any card type and expensive cards can be fetchlands, duals, foil commons, or expensive cards. It's not predictable.
>>
File: paladin_condiments.png (178KB, 642x336px) Image search: [Google]
paladin_condiments.png
178KB, 642x336px
>>53877167
Anon move on, the thread died, you marking your cards isn't the subject anymore. Let it die.
>>
File: EDH Decks 6-18.png (795KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks 6-18.png
795KB, 800x800px
>>53876928
>>
>>53877193
>awesomesauce
What flavor is that?
>>
>>53877230
awesomesauce clearly
>>
File: edhdicks.jpg (342KB, 962x892px) Image search: [Google]
edhdicks.jpg
342KB, 962x892px
>>53876928
>>
>Hour of Devastation is crap
>Ixalan is crap
>by extension Ixalan 2 will be crap
At least we have 2018.
>>
>>53877273
I can't wait for the Un-set, it will surely have some ridiculous EDH-viable cards.
>>
>>53877273
Hour has some cool cards in it tho.
>>
>>53877142
That sounds divine. When we play I make this protein and carb casserole brick that is affectionately called french fry lasagna. It's layered curly fries, cheese and chili mixed with bacon bits in that order with fried onion bits on top baked until the cheese melts. It's unreal when it's fresh and can be used to mortar CMU when it's cold.
>>
>>53877284
I had someone actually cast Double Deal against me in a game of EDH, not understanding how silver-bordered cards worked.
>>
I am super glad squirrels are going to get printed in the new un-set so I don't have to deal with them in real magic. Fucking furfags and other shitlords have been pushing for them for so long, but thankfully wizards arnt completely incompetent, just like 99%.
>>
I want to rework my Intet deck to make it more focused on cheating big creatures and flasy spells into play instead of the unfocused RUG stuff I currently have. Can someone reccomend me some good cards for that?
>>
>>53877558
Not playing Intet.
>>
>>53877558
Playing Jhoira instead.
>>
>>53877142
IMO If somebody has a needy diet it's no longer a required courtesy of the host to feed them, nor should they be surprised when people eat normal food in front of them. This should be part of the pamphlet people read whenever they take on a different lifestyle.
>>
>>53876928
reposting this. ran the kirin deck for the first time today. it's not terrible...but it needs some work.
>>
>>53877273
holy shit your a faggot

it doesnt surprise me you dont have any friends
>>
>>53877273
>Hour of Devastation is crap
Other than Magus of the Crucible, Scorpion God, the new Bolas, doublestrike kitty, that 1BB wrath. Even that 1/3 red creature was half decent. I don't know what you expect, if I get 5-10 playable cards, I'm happy.

>Ixalan is crap
Other than a cycle of 3 colour legendary creatures, and what looks like a bunch of big splashy spells.

>by extension Ixalan 2 will be crap
Perhaps, perhaps not, maybe stop being such a pessimistic faggot? What do you honestly expect.
>>
File: mydecks.png (694KB, 931x445px) Image search: [Google]
mydecks.png
694KB, 931x445px
>>53876928
>>
>look at ixalan leaks
>legendary pirate looks like a fun build around
>start gathering cards that would fit in it
>look through my binder
>my swords of feast and famine and fire and ice are missing

So, yeah lesson learned. Do not borrow your binder while playing. Youll never know who might steal from you.
>>
>>53877871
Kirin list?
>>
>>53878051
that conditional WWW wipe looks decent for my multplayer group too.
>>
File: ACTUAL.png (3MB, 1416x1824px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUAL.png
3MB, 1416x1824px
>>53876928
Yes, yes I do.
>>
>>53878178
Oh I have to fix that, Anya is angels now. Mogis will be my group slug but then I need to find room for my key.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 06-18-2017postem.png (2MB, 1204x1154px) Image search: [Google]
06-18-2017postem.png
2MB, 1204x1154px
>>53876928
I've got a box coming so I can carry them all with me again. Super stoked.
>>
>>53876566
helm of the ghastlord in nekusar. Theyre my cards and I need them now.
>>
I wanna play Jhoira with a good midrange feel, don't want to be hated off the table every game.

Any suggestions guys? Trying to avoid combos, though I'm thinking possibility storm Knowledge Pool would be fun to throw in there.
>>
>>53878319
Invest on a GPS button if you take it to cons, don't let the strangers steal from you...
>>
>>53878398
Definitely a consideration, though at the moment it's a local coffee shop group that I've known everyone in for 5+ years.
Even then I never let it out of my sight so I am 100% seeing where you're coming from ...
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/taigam-rebound-my-fist-off-your-skull/

I need to make some cuts, any suggestions?
>>
>>53878434
>>53878398
Well, now that we're on the subject, have you ever had something stolen? What happened and is it worth paying attention to? I have a bunch of expensive cards and I can't say I've ever worried about getting stolen from, partly because I'm a physically imposing guy, and partly because I'm pretty nice, but I know apathy is a recipe for disaster.
>>
Alight, I've been trying Breya online a bit, I like control/prison type decks with access to a toolbox so Breya seems like exactly what I need. I don't really wanna play the whole Nim Deathmantle combo and every UB tutor package so I decided not to, playing all of these signets and talismans makes the deck insanely explosive though. I already have all of the broken fast mana so i can just swap it around when I wanna play it in a different deck, am I missing anything else major?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-06-17-breya-edh/
>>
>>53878499
I started playing in Onslaught, played for a few years, had about $500 in cards stolen, and stopped playing for a decade or so.
You being imposing doesn't really matter, given that most likely won't be stealing from you, but from behind your back.
>>
File: kek.gif (467KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
467KB, 200x200px
>>53878562
>am I missing anything else major?
The UB tutor package and Nim Deathmantle combo.
>>
>>53878137
i don't really know how to share lists from tappedout. this is what the deck looks like atm tho. i'd like to pick up a grand abolisher, emeria, and a path to exile. it's functional but it has a lot of fluff.
>>
File: 1482354577829.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482354577829.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>Want to add black to my Edric deck, turning it into Sultai rogue tribal, with special emphasis on elf and faeries.
>Leovold is now banned because of his primary use.

Well, any hopes for rogue in C17? Maybe some new Sultai legend stuff at least? Also any new spoilers from HoD or Ixalan that look spicy in Edric?

Tiehana, Voice of Thunder may work depending on CMC.
>>
>>53878740
>i don't really know how to share lists from tappedout
Copy+Paste the URL like multiple people in the thread have....
>>
>>53876928
Please post that hazoret list, I need ideas so badly
>>
File: IMG_2453.jpg (1MB, 1865x2632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2453.jpg
1MB, 1865x2632px
>>53878891
Obviously not the same anon, but here you go.
>>
File: IMG_0078.jpg (665KB, 2078x1386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.jpg
665KB, 2078x1386px
>>53878891
>>
>>53877246
looks opaque to me
>>
My Relentless Rats EDH deck keeps losing to flying. Atraxa kicks my ass with command damage, but other players with random dragons and shit are a problem too. I have Eldrazi Monument and Akroma's Memorial, and that's really it. What's the best way to fix this?
>>
>that feel when your deck is perfectly tuned to exactly where you want it
Fuck yes. My buddy plays a precon with a few mixed in singles and he finally graduated from the monored deck, that used to spank his bacon, to the monoblack removal deck that has a bunch of stupid glamour fatties. I'm one step closer to being able to build whatever I want and run with it.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53878098
>Jhoira
>may turn into chaos
If you think this will get you less focused, I have some bad news for you.

>>53877871
>Celestial Kirin
So how does this deck actually play out? Is it easy to make things wipe in your favor often?

>>53879736
If you are going to slot some nonrat cards in, it may as well be removal and wraths. No Mercy is a good card to tell people to fuck off too.
>>
>>53879736
You don't have spot removal and boardwipes?
>>
Anyone have some good baseless speculation for C17 precons?
>>
>>53880138
>Anyone have some good baseless speculation for C17 precons?
Dragons will be joined by Mardu Angels, Abzan Elves, and some flavor of Wizards -- I'd kill for Jeskai but Esper is more likely by number crunch on current wizards.
>>
>>53877167

No, you're an asshole.

We had this same fucking argument with one asshole in our playgroup who just sleeves his cards with whatever sleeves he has laying around. We're talking 4 different colors of dragon sleeves and a random one with an anime bitch on it.

"Oh but I don't know which cards are which color sleeves."

Bullshit. And any perceptive player will eventually pick up which cards are double sleeved in his own deck, and narrow down what they could be. Huge tactical advantage.

Cheater.
>>
Any good commanders for sultai +1/+1 counters?
>>
>>53879736
I assume you're running marrow-gnawer?
grave pact and friends work very well
more spot removal
more tutors
more board wipes
throat slitter
black has way too much spot removal for you to consistently lose games to atraxa smacking you
>>
>>53878837
We'll see what the other 3 tribes are. Even though I hope they won't waste a deck on fucking elves it is definitely possible.
>>
>>53880265
Mime Slime Mob Blob.
>>
>>53880234
That's radically different than putting perfect fits inside of sleeves that match for the 100 card deck.

There is no good solution unless you play 100% foil or nonfoil decks. It you don't double sleeve the foils they will curl even faster and be obviously marked. I think double sleeving is honestly a more effective way to protect the cards and keep them basically anonymous.
>>
>>53880138
Everything is 5 color. This honestly wouldn't surprise me.

I'd actually want a 3-5 color spirit commander though. Mardu warriors would be sweet too.
>>
>>53876616
Gratuitous Violence is good but you'd be better of with double strike stuff like Rage Reflection or Fireshrieker so you can hit with Yidris twice and get two cascades off one spell.
>>
>>53880320

Well, I doubt they'd do elves because C14. But Rogues would be cool. I'd also like to see Sultai Faeries.
>>
>>53876616
Replying again, I'd also get rid of Fireball, it's CMC is always 1 so you'd never be able to cascade off it. You'd be better off just sticking with Volcanic Awakening and the other removal cards which come with the deck.
>>
>>53880469
Volcanic Vision*
>>
>>53880469
>Fireball CMC is always one

But that's just straight up wrong, the CMC of an X cost spell is the mana you spent casting it. If you cascade INTO it, X is zero, which makes it a shit card for a cascade deck.
>>
>>53880498
Yeah I got that the wrong way round, you're right. It's still a bad card for the deck.
>>
>>53879821
>So how does this deck actually play out? Is it easy to make things wipe in your favor often?
once the kirin is on the board i try to blow up as much stuff as possible. there are no spirits/arcane spells in the 4cmc so the kirin itself never explodes. the basic idea is to control what my opponents are allowed to have and win through flying beaters. it could use a more reliable win condition. it's good at blowing things up but that's about it. tokens and 0cmc permanents are also an issue. i've been adding more unconditional removal to handle the blind spots.
>>
>>53880365
If your deck is not sleeved 100% identically, your a cheat. Anyone who does that in my group either has to unsleeve them and play as is or retire the deck until a fair standard is met across the board for all players.
How is this not common knowledge?
>>
>>53880802
So you can actually tell the difference between a double sleeved card and a regular card, and you spend the game running your hands repeatedly over the top of your deck?
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
So I want to brew a weenie commander deck and was thinking about Traft. Any auto includes besides Unblockable enchantments and slapping people with angels I should try and include?
>>
>>53880857
You can split hairs all day, but there is no excuse to not sleeve every card the same, besides malicious intentions or laziness.
>>
>>53880858
Maze of Ith, Luminarch Ascension, Cathar's Crusade.
>>
>>53880802
>Anyone who does that in my group either has to unsleeve them and play as is or retire the deck until a fair standard is met across the board for all players.
Autist
>>
>>53880469
Noted, thanks. Looking at 6 CMC stuff, I've got Treacherous Terrain, Into the Maw of Hell, and Vengeful Rebirth. Looking at the latter because it lets be cascade big stuff again.
>>
File: EDH decks.png (1MB, 2092x673px) Image search: [Google]
EDH decks.png
1MB, 2092x673px
>>53876928
>>
>>53880939
>MTR 3.10 - Sleeves
>If a player chooses to use card sleeves, all sleeves must be identical and all cards in his or her deck must be placed in the sleeves in an identical manner.
>Having decks of mixed brands/types/colors/condition/size etc. of sleeves is a no go, as it is allows players to tell their cards apart. Additionally the conditions of the sleeves should be noted. If most of the set is scuffed and worn on the visible side when in the deck, but a few sleeves are in notably better condition, the sleeves are not identical. Another common practice is to “double sleeve” a deck, in this case all cards must be double sleeved so there exist no variation in rigidity and thickness of cards in the deck. Notable deviations from the identical nature of the sleeves ought be considered Marked Cards.

>inb3 buh is casual
Which makes it even more reprehensible that you're so desperate to cheat.
>>
>>53880890
I mean, I'm rather lazy, yes. It's almost as though not everyone cares about a casual game of 99 lands and Borborygmos vs whatever trash you play.
>>
>>53880939
>I Cant understand simple rules that make the game FAIR for all parties involved
>>
>>53880968
>following tournament rules with your friends
Autistic
>>
>>53881058
>feeling such a compulsive need to cheat, even against your friends
Autistic.
>>
>>53880802
>have a folder of expensive staples
>double-sleeve them so I can keep track of them across decks and protect them since they see more play
>double-sleeve lands too so I can't just feel the top card and know what it is
>some autist walks in and demands I resleeve on the spot for the crime of not wanting to blow another $150 on Praetors
>>
>>53880984
>I can't play devils advocate worth a damn, so Ile make baseless assumptions about the quality of strategies of a stranger I've never met.

But really, your only arguments are
A. It's barely noticeable
B. It's a casual format
C. I'm a faggot

If it's so casual and so unnoticeable for you then why don't you just sharpie the names of all your cards on trash lands and use 60 cards instead of of 99.
Your trying to break the rules plain and simple, if it's to hard for you to follow simple rules, then I've got some bad news if you don't think your the austist here.
>>
>>53881211
Dude, you may want to take a step away from your computer, go outside, and howl at the moon for a bit, because you are an obvious lunatic.
>>
How do I build Teysa Orzhov Scion?

I could be a baby and combo out with her, but what are other wincons besides darkest hour looping like a loser. (I intend to have this as a back up plan anyways)

Any good lists anons? Can she reasonably run sub reanimator theme?
>>
>>53881111
This green text implies you double sleeved all your cards... Rendering your infantile sass moot...
I'm going to name you CheatingAnon.
But your retardation has kept me entertained for a few posts so
I replied/10
I'm done now.
>>
>have a Babby Jace list on tappedout
>costs $600
>not obscenely expensive, but out of my price range
>sigh wistfully when I look at it
>realize Candelabra of Tawnos is 5/6ths of the price
So anyone got a 1 drop in mono blue? Goal of the deck is mostly a Lab Man win through janky stuff like Helm of Awakening+Sensei's Diving Top+Future Sight, or just chaining spells into a Mind's Desire.
>>
>>53880940
Yeah, Vengeful Rebirth is very good. Treacherous Terrain is also really good, especially because you can basic land cycle it if you need to fix your mana early. Into the Maw of Hell isn't worth it imo.

A card that really worked well for me in my Yidris deck is Mind's Dilation. not removal related or anything but check it out, good to cascade other things out, but also fucking amazing anyway.

A creature you should get is Maelstrom Wanderer, there's no reason not to have him the deck.
>>
>>53881397
Telepathy
>>
>>53881448
Yeah, that'll work.
>>
>>53881418
I'll make sure to check those out. Is Rashmi any good for Yidris shenanigans? I might put some storm stuff into the deck because of all of the free castings.
>>
>>53881397
Hypnotic Siren (good because if its picked up late game you can bestow it), Telepathy, Gudul Lurker (and any other U Can't be blocked guys).
>>
>>53876566
>What's the dirtiest, sneakiest trick that lurks within your deck?

Casting Replenish or Open the Vaults to bring a bunch of animated beefy double strike/lifelink/haste enchantments with badass effects onto the battlefield. Fun as fuck and usually takes people by surprise. r8 my home shitbrew that i play on MTGO.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/treva-replenishment/
>>
>>53881500
Well since you don't cast Rashmi's revealed card from your hand, you don't cascade from it, however it is decent. I decided against putting it in mine but it would have value.

Storm seems to the way a lot of people went, and yeah I understand it but I didn't do it with mine either. If I had a list online I'd link it but I've never got around to it.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you don't have your general in a different or easily identified sleeve you are cheating.
>>
>>53881584
Except that's the opposite of true. If your general ever moves to a private zone you need a copy sleeved exactly like the rest of your deck.
>>
File: OKKID.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
OKKID.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>53881584
Friendly reminder that you are a newfag that is used to rules that keep your general from being shuffled into your deck and are not welcome in the EDH format.
>>
>>53881623
>>53881606
>>53881584
>general
>>
>>53881623
>>53881606
Nope, you faggots are wrong. A general can get shuffled into your deck, manifested, hit by an enemy gonti, etc.

In all of those cases everyone has to know that it's your general and where it's at. If it's shuffled into your deck and it's the 53rd card from the bottom everyone has to know this, you can't hide that information.

Read the link in the OP you mongoloids.
>>
>>53881634
Newfag go home.
>>
how do you guys store and transport your edh decks? Ive been using small tupperware containers for ages but i want a less jank solution.
>>
>>53881771
I use these:
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=647&osCsid=3310451e680df5e8e8b8791275301e98
And put stickers on them and carry them in an old poker set box.
>>
>>53881685
got a source on that? theres like 10 links in the op you tard.

Genuinely curious tho, ever since the tuck change I've sleeved my commander seperately since those edge cases don't happen in my meta
>>
>>53881771
Stanley 10-Compartment Professional Deep Small Parts Organizer

12 Decks
>>
>>53881839
>Being a Commander is not a characteristic [MTG CR109.3], it is a property of the card and tied directly to the physical card. As such, "Commander-ness" cannot be copied or overwritten by continuous effects. The card retains it's commanderness through any status changes, and is still a commander even when controlled by another player.
>>
>>53876566
Depends on which one I am playing.

>Sisters of Stone Death
Rishkar, Peema Renegade + Avenger of Zendikar + Lightning Greaves.

>Queen Marchesa
Faith's Reward + Gideon, Ally of Zendikar or Faith's Reward + Austere Command

>Blind Seer
Blind Seer + Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
>>
File: steel_commander_Deck_box.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
steel_commander_Deck_box.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>53881771
Individual deck boxes. Goal is to put all decks eventually into pic related, but right now it's a mish mash of that and those Ultra Pro 100+ plastic deck boxes.
>>
>>53876566
What's a good CMC baseline to justify ad nauseam? I'm at 2.6 which seems pretty high, but damn if that's not a powerful card
>>
>>53882130
This doesn't support what you just said
>>
>>53882442
How doesn't it? You can have a manifested or morphed general and everyone needs to know what it is. "Hidden" cards are still commanders, deal commander damage, and still have the replacement effect ability. That shit needs to be know by all players all the time. You can't suddenly tell someone "your dead" when they are at 15 life because you snuck in commander damage with a face down general. They always know. Same with replacement effects if someone praetor's grasps your general out of your library. Everyone always has to know.
>>
File: commanders.png (475KB, 1000x486px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
475KB, 1000x486px
>>53876928
Also got Kruphix enchantments, but that's a work in progress
>>
File: 27750_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
27750_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
what staples or popular cards do you refuse to ever play and cards with similar effects?
>>
>>53881313
I'm a different Anon. Holy fuck, are you this stupid?

>single-sleeve everything not in the binder or a land
>double-sleeve everything else to keep track of staples I want in multiple decks
>keep everything in same brand and color of sleeve
>I can't cheat because people know what's up if you're fiddling with your deck for no reason, especially the top card of your library
>>
>>53876566
I've mentioned it before, but I get a throbbing hardon every time I tap a Static or Winter Orb eot with Whir to get something nasty. Goblin Welder is a whole bag of nasty tricks by himself as well. Not as much a trick as a powerful effect is chaining moxes with Artificer's Intuition and finishing with a Ring or Crypt for an incredibly explosive turn 2 or 3.
>>
>>53882590
annihilator
>>
>>53882590
sol ring is overrated and i only run it in half my decks.
Krosan grip is kinda overrated too, much prefer removal that hits multiple targets like sylvan reclamation, tho in monogreen I'd run it, or in golgari.

also senseis top, its strong but not worth slowing your turn down by 2 minutes every turn. losing fast is better than winning 10x slower.
>>
File: Commanders 6-19-17.jpg (445KB, 1784x849px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders 6-19-17.jpg
445KB, 1784x849px
>>53876928
>>
>>53877149
This picture is one of the best things ever.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Hello all.
I literally just started magic, like 2 days ago.
The guys I know and the scene around me all play EDH, and I want to play Balthor the Defiled as my commander. Got any deck advice/card recommendations for a newbie like me? I was thinking to go with a bunch of creatures that have enter the battlefield effects, to get maximum punch out of Balthors ability, and a bunch of spells/creatures that let me put minions from my library to my graveyard.
>>
>>53882590
Oblivion Ring is fucking retarded and needs to be completely reworked for Commander
The fucking rules for it are archaic and just horrendous and the fact that no one cares is bullshit
>>
Looking to make Sandwurms.dec with Hazezon at the helm for fluff reasons.
He's over $100 Aus.
Goddamn it.
>>What's the dirtiest trick in your deck?
Well deck 1 is mono white Kemba so there's not really anything dirty in that. Outside of true conviction + Jazal giving me 20 40/40 double striking cats one game that killed the whole table because no one wrathed me.
>>
>>53882590
counterspells
>>
File: 124011_200w[1].jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
124011_200w[1].jpg
26KB, 200x285px
Think a decent deck can be built around her WITHOUT a partner commander?

Maybe something that can at least do some real weird shit?
>>
>>53882814
>atraxa
>superfriends

>low budget

you run tabernacle in your other decks don't you
>>
>>53882897
Fuck you, it's a neat interaction and Wizards taking that away in newer iterations of the card is dumb as hell. Go suck a railroad spike.
>>
>>53883087
>No Doubling Season
>No JTMS, Ugin or Karn.
>No fetches, no duals, no blue shocks.

I think low budget is a good way of putting it.
>>
>>53882896
You certainly could play Balthor, but since you are so new you might want to pick a more one sided commander to build around. The problem with Balthor is going to be that your friends who are also playing red, and especially black, are going to probably have much stronger decks with much stronger creatures than what a 2 day magic player will have. As a result you will probably be reanimating a bunch of little things while probably giving them really great boardstates full of expensive threats. Having to play into a bunch of crazy shit all coming back at the same time is going to be quite the uphill battle for someone so new. It's not like it's impossible though. If you can run as much graveyard hate as possible, such as cards like Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, and Bojuka Bog, with lucky draws you can be fairly safely using Balthor. In my opinion I think you should pick someone else.
>>
>>53878051
Oh boy, all two tricolor legendaries which are both based around non-existent tribes.

That's going to be so amazing.
>>
>>53883200
I would have genuinely been pleased if the pirate commander didn't have that stupid "3 or more pirates" clause. You are in 3 colors for a shitty Lord, just give it on one or more. It could have been playable as a one of in some grixis decks in addition to working better with other pirates.
>>
>>53882897
People complain all the time but how fucking often do people play with sac outlets for their ORing?
>>
>dirtiest trick in my deck

Zedruu Huggy Combo
>Opalescence
>Forced Fruition
>Rite of Replication/Mirrorweave

Nothing like making your opponents draw 42 cards every time they cast something!

Also, in general Mirrorweave has been one of my favorite cards in that deck it has so many funky uses.

>playing in a three player game
>myself on Zedruu
>left opponent on Gisa and Geralf undead things
>right opponent on Stonebrow trample tribal
>Stonebrow is getting out of hand, just played Spawnwrithe
>Take my turn, draw a bunch of cards, pass.
>G&G plays Phylactery Lich putting the Phylactery counter on his Darksteel Ingot.
>Stonebrow takes his turn
>casts some dudes
>casts Fires of Yavimaya
>combat
>declare attackers
>cast Mirrorweave targeting Phylactery Lich
>Stonebrow player reads over both cards and starts to laugh
>I and Stonebrow pick up all of our creatures and dump them in the yard
>>
>>53883232
Im sure hes bitching about how things hit by it remain in exile if the Ring owner leaves the game before the enchantment is destroyed.
>>
>>53883300
It does? I would've thought that all of your things are 'removed from play' when the owner leaves the game. Can I see, like, a ruling on that or something?
>>
>>53883300
No, I'm bitching about how if you Oblivion Ring someone's commander then you can just send it back to the command zone as if it just got countered/killed and then you're able to recast it with O ring still on the field
Then lets say someone casts Planar Cleansing destroying your command and O ring, you can stack it so after everything dies, since O ring is leaving the battlefield you can just bring your commander back on to the field as if nothing happened
That's fucking retarded
>>
>>53883334
Its because the rings "return" ability is separate from its ETB ability. When an Oring owner dies/leaves all of their permanents leave. This triggers Orings return but since the ability belongs to a player no longer in the game, the ability is exiled from the dtavk and the permanent remains in exile. This is not the case for Faith's Reward-esque cards since their ETB and Return are in the same ability trigger.
>>
>>53883374
Wrong. You are referencing specifically faiths reward type effects, not oring. Oring explicitly says it returns the EXILED cards. Faiths reward is dogeable, once they choose to put something under an Oring. It is stuck there until destroyed
>>
>>53883374
I think you need to reread the card.
>>
>>53883374
Also, if you move your commander from the CZ after it has gotten hit from Faith's Reward/Cast Out/Banisher Priest, it is now a new object and can no longer by tracked by the enchantment/creature when destroyed.
>>
File: hanna-ships-navigator-edh-deck.jpg (164KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
hanna-ships-navigator-edh-deck.jpg
164KB, 750x450px
I'm looking to make cuts on my Hanna artifact deck. It's rare for me to go this high above 100, but there were so many synergies to try out and I don't usually do artifact decks. I definitely want to keep strong elements of combo and pillowfort as well, so I don't really want to cut too many of those. I'm thinking of removing the Pili-Pala + Grand Architect combo though because I think I have enough infinite mana combos. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanna-artifact-archaeologist/
>>
>>53883392
Goddamnit replace Faiths Reward with Banishing Light jesus sorry i must have sounded crazy
>>
>>53883374
You're retarded, stop posting.
>>
>>53876928
Not pictured: Shattergang, which I dismantled.
>>
File: mtg commanders.png (7MB, 4117x1224px) Image search: [Google]
mtg commanders.png
7MB, 4117x1224px
>>53876928
>>
>>53883895
Shit dude don't put dark text on a dark background.
>>
>>53883992
it's aesthetically better than bright colors
>>
>>53883992
It's not hard to read for me. You got fucked up eyes, anon?
>>
>>53884023
It's aesthetically invisible.

>>53884033
Maybe if you weren't in a pitch black room with a bright screen you'd understand basic graphic design.
>>
>>53877383

Haha, "I summon Jack Ass, it gets haste and I attack for 2 and a half."

....wut?
>>
>>53878098
Give us a look at Brago would ya.
>>
>>53883041
There's literally no reason not to run Tymna/Ravos instead of Tymna.
>>
Anyone have an image of that one custom Legendary Wall commander?
>>
>>53882897
Complete newfag here, why is that? How is it different from stuff like Cast Out?
>>
>>53884920

Damn...just did a bunch of searches. I love walls, always have, and collect them, all kinds. The idea of a legendary wall excites me.
>>
>>53884979
Newer ones like banishing light have one ability with a duration - it lasts as long as the permanent is on the field
Older ones like Oblivion Ring, or ones worded like it, have two abilities. One ETB to exile a thing, and one LTB to un-exile a thing
If you flicker (i.e. exile then return to field), bounce, or otherwise remove your oblivion ring after the etb has triggered but before it resolves, the second ability triggers and resolves first, returning no card from exile before proceeding to exile a permanent
>>
>>53885069

I don't get that. LTB should mean not on the battlefield any longer
>>
File: sidisi.jpg (284KB, 892x621px) Image search: [Google]
sidisi.jpg
284KB, 892x621px
So with Hour of Devastation, I'm guessing there should be just enough naga creatures to fill an edh deck, so I was wanting to brew a Sidisi naga tribal deck. I know 99% of naga are common garbage, but I like some of the interactions that are available with these naga, working well with the graveyard.

So besides the nagas, the tribal cards, and good stuff like Whip of Erebos, what are some obvious shoe-ins that I might have missed? Keep in mind I'd like to keep my creature base nagas, I don't care if I could lose this seems like fun to me.
>>
>>53885264
No it shouldn't. That would be a nightmare, having to track every single card that's left the battlefield. That's why LTB is the present tense, leave, not the past tense, left.
>>
>>53885400
Get that artifact creature that enters as a type you chose, and any of the same creature type gets a +1/+1 counter when they enter

i forgot the name of it though
>>
File: metallicmimic.full.jpg (105KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
metallicmimic.full.jpg
105KB, 240x345px
>>53885470
it was this
>>
>>53885483
It's in my Vorel deck. Works great with Master Biomancer and naming Mutants.
>>
File: grenzostuf.png (3MB, 1914x1079px) Image search: [Google]
grenzostuf.png
3MB, 1914x1079px
I've been kinda happy with 20-or-so-tix Red Grenzo so far.
Things I've learned so far:
>lots of mana in deck is a good idea
>Bedlam and Avatar of Slaughter are the best cards in the deck, combine for fun times
>goad is amazing in multiplayer, built the deck expecting mostly to steal off their top but half the time you can make opponents massacre each other
>one game accidentally went soft infinite with Sword of Feast & Famine and Hellkite Charger, sweet
>>
>>53886257
>blocking out names

it's ok, i didn't w-want f-friends anyway
>>
>>53877149
That shit was smooth.
>>
File: legendary URG.png (359KB, 436x536px) Image search: [Google]
legendary URG.png
359KB, 436x536px
New leaks!

Hour of devastation legendary leak

Would you play it?
>>
>>53886504
rudy should be shot
>>
>>53886504
Decent token generation, Timmy is unplayable, pant removal is way undercosted.
5/10
>>
>>53886257
What is even going on in that clusters fuck of an image?
>>
>>53886696
MtGO.
>>
>>53883479
clever impersonator is similar to duplicant, metamorph, and sculpting steel...but with no commander synnergy

tormods crypt could be sideboard? venser is great but doesn't have anything to do with your commander. archaeomanwcer is a dead draw a good amount of time. you could also drop a land to 34 with all your fast mana.

kind of wondering why you don't have sram tho
>>
>>53886706
Can you move other peoples fields to other screens? I will never understand why people play on MtGO, it just has such an awful interface.
>>
How to get into magic?
>>
>>53886807
Don't, its a giant money sink that scares away women.

Or if you want to get into commander buy a precon.
>>
>>53886835
But there are cute autistic women who play it.
>>
>>53886843
Nope, just giant fat goblin women.
>>
File: Sisay.jpg (53KB, 880x297px) Image search: [Google]
Sisay.jpg
53KB, 880x297px
Did you remember to buy one already, /tg/?
>>
>>53886846
>THIC goblins playing
Where they at boi, I want a harem.
>>
File: 1497602306201.png (183KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1497602306201.png
183KB, 530x530px
>>53886865
>ebay prices
>mfw yuro is 3 for english NM
>>
>>53886807
Recognize your imperfections. Accept compleation.
>>
>>53886889
Yeah, but are they in stock?
>>
>>53886889
Yeah the prices have some lag while traveling there. I've gotten plenty of good deals by looking at Amerifat buyouts, buying Yuropoor cards and then selling to Amerifats again.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 952x318px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 952x318px
>>53886914
If they weren't I wouldn't have the price data
>>
>>53886932
After marvel ban Ulamog crashed from 22 to 9 in 3 hours? While US is lagging on that one or people just don't care.
>>
>>53886937
But them then.
>>
>>53886807
Have a near death experience. I nearly died in a car accedent but instead ended up in a field somewhere on Lorwyn.
>>
>>53886959
just checked TCG player, ulamog is still at 13
>>
>>53881067
Not even the guy you replied too, but holy shit you are a faggot. Get the fuck outta this thread cunt.
>>
>>53886865

Christ, sold out everywhere and "Market Price $5, $25 Heavely Played"

Should have....God damnit!
>>
File: c2.png (11KB, 319x251px) Image search: [Google]
c2.png
11KB, 319x251px
>>53886968
This one includes all languages and state condition- it's not worth it. Also for what? what crazy card comes out to make her so pricey?

>>53887042
I'm using either goldfish or stocks 12$ low and 22$ average
>>
>>53887061
Found the cheater
>>
>>53887083
Paradox engine is legendary.
>>
>>53887083
if will go down more soon, its literally only useful in commander now. my guess is that it will settle around 8-10 bucks
>>
>>53887099
If I ever played with an autist like you there'd be no need to cheat. Simple banter would trigger your dumbfuck ass out of the shop.
>>
>>53887125
Just stop cheating anon.
>>
>>53887083
Somehow a rumor got started that all planeswalkers were going to be errata'd as legendary, since it looks like that foil sheet spoiler had a legendary Jace.

I wouldn't buy into the hype. Even if some batshit crazy shit happens and they do errata all planeswalkers as legendary, that's months away for people sitting on a card that's not that good anyway.

Price will crash hard in about 2 weeks, you heard it here first.
>>
>>53887140
Goblin Tutor in any goblin edh is legal :^)
>>
File: rps20170619_085605.jpg (18KB, 1080x268px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170619_085605.jpg
18KB, 1080x268px
Yay! Finally got it (after spending over a year in my Amazon cart).
>>
>>53886865
>Did you remember to buy one already, /tg/?
Two early friday when they were at about 5 bucks each.
>>
>>53883012
Right there with you.
>>
>>53887160
>a legendary Jace

Vraska and the RW Walker also both appear to be Legendary.
>>
>>53880858
much better off with ephara desu
I have a human tribal weenie deck and I get a hell of a lot more value off of her draw ability than you ever would with traft
>>
>>53886865
I bought a FtV Legends for like $45 a long time ago. Good stuff.
>>
File: 93213_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
93213_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
Guy who was building Shu Yun some threads ago here, I got it to be consistent but I am worried about running out of gas and being just short of winning, I feel like I could add in something like pic related to keep the flow going, any other cards that help?
>>
>>53887328
Slicer of immortality. Why do you want to recycle your graveyard instead of simply drawing more cards? Are you really tearing through your deck that hard?
>>
>>53887368
Elixir
>>
>>53887368
Having every drawing cantrip along with some wheels. Yeah I tend to go through the deck fast
>>
File: 77[1].jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
77[1].jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>53887328
If you go through all of the cards in your deck then you should have won. That card is pretty bad and effects like it and Elixir of Immortality are usually bad cards that appeal to new players.

In the Shu Yun deck you'd be better off with a Timetwister effect (Time Reversal, Commit//Memory, Diminishing Returns, Day's Undoing) that actually draws cards while doing the same reshuffle effect. You'll probably never have a game where you would have decked yourself naturally though.
>>
File: rav-48-eye-of-the-storm.jpg (204KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
rav-48-eye-of-the-storm.jpg
204KB, 672x936px
Why is this card so much fun when you're using it seriously instead of just "hurr chaos"?
I built a spellslinging deck based around it and when it goes off it goes off hard
>>
>>53887387
Why are you not winning if you're seeing that many cards?
>>
You have thirty seconds to explain why you're not planning a Nekusaurus Rex deck for when Ixalan comes out.
>>
Should I pick up Planechase Anthology for ~68€?
>>
File: styles3.jpg (25KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
styles3.jpg
25KB, 640x358px
>>53876566
>Thread Question
Savage Ventmaw + Aggravated Assault in Xenagod. It's not flashy or anything, it just hurts you a lot and gives me mana.
>>
>>53887566
Instead, spend your monopoly money on singles.
>>
>>53887435
Because disruption is a thing? Maybe I shouldn't have asked for advice if you're this stupid
>>
>>53887328
Time Spiral is amazing in Shu Yun if you want to drop the cash on it.
>>
>>53887426
I run it in OG Teferi, but it's far from fun in that deck.
>>
>>53887661
Or maybe the cards you're drawing aren't that good, ya doughnut.
>>
When are we getting a Legendary Wall?

What will it look like?

Color? Effect? Toughness? Keywords?
>>
>>53886865
lol a friend of mine bought me a foil invasion one for my birthday a while back. Feels good man
>>
>>53887565
The rules of the game will likely change radically by then, at the very least Maro said a lot of beasts and lizards were being changed into dinosaurs. Planeswalkers and "until" effects are likely to also change. They will probably announce the rules update at the big con with the early set release.

I can safely say if you are building anything from ix already you are dumb as hell.
>>
>>53887661
Do you have all the burn enchantments/artifacts for draws and discards or do you just win through lab man?

Also get a Vexing Shusher.
>>
>>53887885

> foil

Ugh, it's like they gave you a gag gift.

> looks shiny but so curved you can't play it without unintentionally seeing it in your deck.
>>
>>53887881
Doran, Rooted Deep.
Treefolk Shaman Wall, 1BGW, 0/7, Defender, Vigilance. As long as Doran, Rooted Deep is untapped, creatures opponents control cannot attack you. {T}: Target creature with Defender can attack this turn as though it didn't have Defender.
>>
>>53887566
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/spoilers/Planechase+Anthology
>>
>>53887931
Old border foils tend to warp less in my experience.
>>
File: 254[1].jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
254[1].jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>53887889
I really hope wotc doesn't errata all planeswalker cards to be legendary. It's so fucking dumb but I guess they want to make sure that faggots can play multiple Gideons at the same time.
>>
File: 1483378791764.jpg (91KB, 651x383px) Image search: [Google]
1483378791764.jpg
91KB, 651x383px
>>53887931
>allowing your foils to curl
>in the year of our God-Pharaoh 2017
>>
>>53887958
, and assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.*
>>
File: what-happened-to-chris-jericho.jpg (386KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
what-happened-to-chris-jericho.jpg
386KB, 940x545px
>>53887881
>The Walls of Jericho
>0/15 defender, reach
>Walls of Jericho can block any number of creatures
>(2) Walls of Jericho gains Indestructible until end of turn
>>
>>53887623
After reconsidering, I have decided to buy one (1) Maelstrom Wanderer, Silent-Blade Oni, Vela and Planar Die and to use an app instead of the Plane cards instead.
>>
>>53876896
George?
>>
>>53887966
>Old border foils tend to warp less in my experience.
In that they barely warp at all. FTV foils are the worst, so I'm pretty sure it has to do with foiled area versus total area? I'd experiment with foil area and some sort of coefficent of warping but it would be kinda tough to get controls, especially since once warped foils are left under a pile of Shakespeare for a few months they mostly don't go back to being warped.
>>
File: en_0HZOxu3e9R (1).png (157KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_0HZOxu3e9R (1).png
157KB, 265x370px
That is a lot of life
>>
>>53876896
Probably not here anymore but Curse of Exhaustion my man.
>>
>>53888012
Atta boy!
>>
>>53887991
It would probably be just rolling planeswalker uniqueness into legendary so they could work with Sisay, Untaidake, Shaku, Mirror Gallery, and so on, so that legendary PWs would legend rule with other Legendary PWs that share a PW type. I don't see them letting JTMS and Jace B. exist on the battlefield at the same time all of a sudden but I do see them letting all the support cards for Legends work for PWs too. Especially since it would let them print more 'soft' PW support/hosing by printing, broadening what it can hit to include other legendary permanents
>>
>>53887881
>Some Fluffy Name
>WUBRG
>Defender Indestructible
>Abilities can not return permanents to hands
>0/7

I would also settle for it to be esper. I think it would make a great Stax commander
>>
>>53887991
>did somebody say weaboo?
>>
>>53888049
I feel like there are going to be ways to abuse this in other formats. I'm just not sure what card you pay life for will break it outside of EDH.
>>
>>53888049
I love this cycle or at least I hope it's a cycle. With any luck the red one will be a wheel.
>>
>>53888049
Ooooh, it's a cycle.

I have to say I don't like this one as much as Bontu's; you can afford to time walk yourself after a wrath, especially when you may have mana left to re-establish. After a life reset? I guess in a control deck that's expecting to stabilize pretty low. Hokori/GAAIV Stax? Your lands probably won't be untapping very well anyway.
>>
>>53888121
>Abilities can not return permanents to hands

Make it spells and abilities and I am with you.
>>
>>53888057
Thanks boi I'm gonna make sure to stop these combos form popin in my field tonight
>>
UU
Instant
Counter target spell. Lands you control don't into during your next untap step.
>>
>>53888266
Article confirmed that they're all sorcery speed so no, but your's breddy gut
>>
>>53888266
That's so bad. Completely unplayable. I could see them printing it at just U though.
>>
>>53888281
>>53888266
I'd guess 1UU for either Evacuation or Draw 3 since that's basically what blue gets for sorceries Just watch it be Traumatize instead
>>
>>53888121
Wall WUB
Flash, hexproof
Whenever ~ is dealt damage, you may draw that many cards.
0/8
>>
File: 1497558343559.jpg (108KB, 1280x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1497558343559.jpg
108KB, 1280x1230px
>>53888309

Oooph.
>>
>>53888308
Evacuation is an instant though.

If blue gets card draw that means red is going to be artifact destruction or some manner of threaten effect. Maybe Insurrection. If they do artifact destruction it would have to be better than what we already have for that, which would probably look like
R
Destroy all artifacts. Your shit doesnt untap.
Shattering spree, ancient grudge, vandalblast, ingot chewer, etc are all too good at their job to be replaced by anything less.
>>
>>53888502
Insurrection is way too good for 1RR, even if your lands don't untap. Mob Rule, maybe.
>>
>>53888631
Insurrection and mob rule were never played competitively, insurrection at CMC 3 that fucks your next turn still wouldn't be played competitively in any format outside standard, and even then it depends on the meta.

It wouldn't be good in competitive EDH either for that matter. It would be a new red staple for casual though.
>>
File: 136.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
136.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
Quick question;

Do artifacts still work in a way so that if pic related is tapped its not activated for other people's turn?..like how it used to be.
>>
>>53886865
Why is this happening
>>
>>53876566
blasting station combo in my selvala stax deck
it can be fast but mostly people start to expect a grindy game after the first match
>>
>>53888929
Only if the artifact in question has that in its rules text.

Otherwise no
>>
File: umphhhhhhhh.jpg (24KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
umphhhhhhhh.jpg
24KB, 600x413px
>>53886835
>>53886843
>>53886846
>>53886880
>playing for women
>>
>>53888945
because Ixalan has planeswalkers with legendary on them.

Assumption is that PW will be errated to have legendary + maybe other rules changes
>>
>>53888929
only if it specifically says so
also i like the idea of turning off artifacts but thats an "artifact" of the past
>>
>>53888964
cease your faggotry
>>
>>53888011
>0/15 defender, reach
>Walls of Jericho can block any number of creatures
>(2) Walls of Jericho gains Indestructible until end of turn

>not giving it Banding
>>
>>53888964
But my boyfriend and I play all the time, too bad hes a johnny, and doesn't like my spike/timmy decks
>>
>>53888997
but i'm a grill (male)
>>
>>53888140
>With any luck the red one will be a wheel.
Let's hope so. If the red one is some bullshit additional combat phase or damage doubler I'll personally massacre WotC's HQ.
>>
>>53888971
I should probably trade mine away, I was always underwhelmed by it to be honest.
>>
>>53889130
1RR
Sorcery
Discard your hand then draw cards equal to the number of cards discarded this way. Blah blah lands don't untap blah blah blah.
>>
>>53885483
One of Ghave new toys.
>>
>>53888929
As says >>53888958 but be sure to check Oracle text as there was a nasty round of functional errata removing "Turns off when tapped" and then a mere halfhearted effort to put it back.
>>
>>53889212
Name a recent set where ghave didn't get a new toy, even if an obscure one?
>>
>>53889051
i said CEEEEEEEEEASE
>>
>>53888049
Is she holding Gideon?
>>
>>53888502
>Evacuation is an instant though.
True, but there's no reason the effect couldn't be a sorcery (And that's what Wizards would probably make it if printed today) unlike with counterspell.
>>
>>53889257
That was my first thought, but I dont think so.
>>
>>53889251
If you close your eyes, my mouth feels just like a girls. But better because I know my way around a penor.
>>
>>53889307
>having sex outside of marriage
people don't unironically do this, do they?
>>
>>53888308
It doesn't really make sense to have both Wrath and Evacuation in the same cycle.
>>
File: 1497769216460.jpg (28KB, 650x568px) Image search: [Google]
1497769216460.jpg
28KB, 650x568px
>>53889344
benis in anus :D:D
>>
File: 1346178477268.jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1346178477268.jpg
9KB, 205x246px
>Playgroup hates that all my decks have blue in them
>try to find a fun deck to play that everyone would enjoy
>Never made a Golgari deck before
>See Gitrog Monster and decide to make a fun dredge deck
>Don't put any gay stuff in it
>My playgroup still hates it
>mfw
>>
>>53889397
go Boros. It's literally impossible for anyone to ever get mad at your deck, even if its 100% tuned, if you intentionally kneecap yourself with R/W
>>
>>53889350
True, so white is lifegain, black is wrath, blue is card draw, red is probably an extra combat step.

What's green? An overrun?
>>
>>53889397
>edh is first format
>oh conspiracy was fun to draft
>build selvala
>"ha anon, that commander sucks"
>tfw its the boogieman of my playgroup and no matter how innocuous the deck is I get targeted first just incase
I have to bring around the precon grouphug deck in order to not play archenemy
but i actually like playing like this
>>
>>53889459
Not if you do equipment voltron. Swords of X and Y irrationally upset people.
>>
File: 1348167841440.jpg (769KB, 1434x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1348167841440.jpg
769KB, 1434x1434px
>>53889483
>Make a Korlash deck
>Fill it with 20+ board wipes
>Game always turns into Arch Enemy
>I still win 75% of the time with this deck
>mfw

Gotta embrace the hate sometimes
>>
>"Haha, why's Rofellos banned, the RC is so dumb!
>"Wow, elves are broken!"
>"Haha, why's Braids banned, the RC is so dumb!"
>"Wow, stax is broken!"
My Playgroup Can't Be This Retarded
>>
>>53886724
Duplicant mostly gets used as removal and I often us Impersonator to copy mana rocks or other some such cards, but I could probably drop the amount of clones. Venser is just one of those cards I run in every blue deck most of the time because he's a neat trick that can be used as removal or a pseudo-counterspell. You're probably right about Archaeomancer though. Tormod's is there because my meta has a decent amount of grave strats, so being able to hose them is important. Otherwise it would likely be sideboard. I don't like Sram for this deck because I don't run enough Auras or Equipment to make him worthwhile.

Thank you for the suggestions though. I appreciate the input.
>>
>>53889656
you should see mine.

>Playgroup bans a shit ton of cards that I use despite them not being inherently broken but because they can't be bothered to tune their decks to stop mine
>Group banned the following cards
>Scroll Rack
>All Swords
>Damnation, because "I can't afford it so you can't play it"
>Draco
>MOTHER FUCKING DRACO
>Imps Mischief
>>
>>53889787
>Draco
w...why?
>>
>>53889807
I ran a Volrath deck and they hated the 1 hit kill.
>>
>>53889787
>top still legal
Ye boi
>>
>>53889787

Looks like you need to make a land destruction/control/mill deck.
>>
>>53889787
I always laugh at Draco.

What was the situation that made them so buttblasted with Imp's Mischief again?
>>
>>53889787
>Draco
>IMP'S MISCHIEF
They are retarded
>>
>>53889787
Why do you even bother playing with these faggots?
>>
>>53889787
>Swerve and Imp's Mischief in my Grixis Marchesa
>Swerving an opponent's BSZ to deck me out back onto them
>>
>>53889787
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ANSWER MY ANSWERS YOU PENIS FACE
>>
File: 103.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
103.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>53889787

You know, if we combine our autism we could circumvent those rules and stuff them down their throats to prove a point...just saying, we could.
>>
File: pridesovereign.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
pridesovereign.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
meow
>>
File: 1472151202181.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1472151202181.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>53890241
damn thats one awful magic card
>rare
>>
>>53890293
I mean, it's not good, but it's essentially a 4/4 for 3 when it attacks.
>>
>>53890323
Unless it has vigilance, it cannot attack and then exert, as this exert requires you tap it.
>>
>>53890241
Yaaaaay.
I like how most of the mass produced tokens in this block have abilities, rather than just being generic as fuck 1/1's.

>>53890293
It's not great, but it isn't bad by any means. There are enough decent cats in Amonkhet that it might be fun to make a janky tribal deck for FNM.

>>53890323
Reread the card, anon.
>>
>>53890343
>>53890349
Crap, you're right. I missed the tap symbol.
>>
>>53890349
>It's not great, but it isn't bad by any means
id be hella pissed if it was my rare in a draft and you have to have at least one other cat to even make it on curve not to mention how incredibly useless that ability is
>>
>>53890241
>the more pussy around the stronger he gets
>spends a turn tapped to make babies
can we name him Chad Cat?
>>
>>53890383
>not to mention how incredibly useless that ability is
>re-read
>it makes two not one
ok not entirely useless
>>
>>53890241
ok so you go phyrexian alter + cat + intruder alarm
bam!
inf tokens
inf big cat
DOUBLE MEOW
>>
>>53882537
They can ask at the beginning of every turn where the commander is. The rule doesn't say at any point that the commander needs to be in a separate sleeve.
>>
>>53890241
Samut here I come.
>>
>>53890418
>bant
It's just easier to with Squirrel Craft, Midnight Gond, or Gond Alarm than that. Bant has better options.
>>
>>53890418
Banned in your playgroup :^)
>>
>>53880265
Vorosh
>>
>>53880266
Throat slitter can't kill Atraxa.
>>
>>53880265
Reyhan+Kydele/Thrasios/Silas
>>
>>53890241
>cat exerts itself
>makes little kittens
hmmm really gives my noggin a joggin
>>
>>53889953
>opponent casts time stretch.
>Imp's mischief targeting myself
>>
>>53890427
>Asking
If your general gets shuffled into your deck who the hell do you ask to see if you can apply a replacement effect to the cards your Bomat Courrier can exile?

Think before you speak you fucking retard.
>>
>>53891107
>>53891107
>>53891107

New thread up.
>>
>>53891111

Aren't you allowed to ask certain things like what's in someone's graveyard or how many cards there are, or where a commander is if it's not clearly in the zone like everyone else's?

Just wondering.
>>
>>53891161
Yes, and the only way to properly answer the question is with a different color sleeve on your general.
>>
File: 147-1.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
147-1.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53890241
Chad Cat squad goals.
>>
>>53881526
Mycosynth Lattice/Vandalblast
>>
>>53891111
You're a retard. The only permanent way to get commander out of the game for good was the face down exile. If the commander is manifested or morphed, then sure, but your opponents certainly don't need to know where your commander is situated in your library, if it ever gets shuffled in.
Even if it's shuffled and searched with Praetor's Grasp, opponent can't just move it to command zone and they certainly can't ask which card you searched for.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.