[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Commander/EDH General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 54

File: carnival of souls.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
carnival of souls.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
"Underappreciated Subtlety" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53819424

COMMANDAN NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Product Announcement Day
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14?

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

>Metamorphosis 2.0
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question
How do you feel about these Jacetice League hate cards? Do you think they'll see play?
>>
>>53834961
I can see the blue one and white one seeing play, but with different applications.

The blue one seems like the answer to unbanning JTMS in modern, whereas the white one is a splashable silverbullet to answer giddeon in standard. I can't see either being beyond sideboard cards, but hey, whatever works. I'm just happy the planeswalkening is almost over.
>>
>Jacetice League hate cards
Almost the same as the hate cards in Theros: incredibly limited in playability, pretty much within sideboard territory in Standard-Modern.
>>
>>53835077
I can see a spicy dimir hate deck in EDH using both the blue and black ones because they have outside utility. What are the most dickish colours in magic? Blue and black of course, which means we should hit them with the business. I can see someone shrieking like a banshee when their LotV, Bolas, or Tezzeret is popped for one mana.
>>
>>53834961
I'm probably going to pick up Nissa's Defeat, at least. Hits forests, enchantments, and walkers. I doubt it's going to be the best, but I'd probably consider using it even without the added benefit when you hit Nissa.
>>
>>53834961
>Jacetice League hate cards
They're boring and unplayable in EDH like most color hate cards. More excited that the Jactice League is getting btfo so maybe the story can be interesting again.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_fvaTiAsGoB.jpg (391KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_fvaTiAsGoB.jpg
391KB, 750x450px
I need inspiration so I want to ask a a couple questions:

I want to know how you make an optimal Mazirek deck because every build I tried ends up being clunky. I've taken so many decks apart but Mazirek seems like one that just clicks with me (no pun intended). I know he's a very versatile commander but I need to know the perfect balance of building him.

Also, I want to make a copy-steal deck with Gonti, but I'm tired of playing Mono Black. Who can make give him some milage?
>>
>>53835250
Can't wait for Sultai Vraska to seduce Jace.
>>
>>53835274
You could try Sen Triplets. They're also focused on stealing, like to play cards that let them generate any color of mana, and have black in their Identity.
>>
>>53835307
That could be interesting...maybe Jace won't get his memory back and fuck off to be a pirate for a bit.
>>
>>53835274
Mazirek is a trap, based on his manacost. If you don't cast him as soon as you can, you miss out on value, but if you wait and drop him, people will find answers for you. Since he's only 2/2 flying out of the box, it's pretty difficult to actually connect without using him as a combo piece.

But, that being said, Harrow is fantastic, as is anything that sacrifices lands. My mazirek deck was a stax deck where you death cloud/pox people into oblivion, pump mazirek up huge, and smash them in one turn, but the problem I found was that as soon as people knew the gameplan, it was over, but the deck itself isn't as fast as it looks. You 100% need token producers, parallel lives, and whatever token doublers you can find, because your boardstate is going to be really soft otherwise. I like sengir autocrat, ophiomancer, mycoloth, avenger of zendikar and all those shitty eldrazi that make scions when they die, but you need a reliable way of defending yourself early game as well. Koskun falls is extremely powerful if you can tap a creature, pestilence and innocent blood are also pretty good on the utility end.

Really, I'm just listing random things. What do you run anon? What do you need to improve?
>>
>>53835334
What's interesting is that Vraska will probably need Jace to both regain his memory and serve her if she wants to control the Guildpact, but if he regains his memory he'll probably be able to break her control.
>>
>>53835274
Build it around a core of Reassembling Skeleton, Bloodghast, and Nether Traitor. Then include at least 10-15 good sac outlets, 10-15 cards that make tokens or are recurrable (bonus points for persist creatures), Gravepact and Dictate of Erebos, Living Death, Entomb, Burried Alive, Birthing Pod, Phyrexian Reclaimation, and then just add ramp/draw/removal/tutors to fill in the gaps.
Set up scenarios where you can have a ton of death triggers, and win with a huge Mazirek or some a Blood Artist effect.
>>
>>53835274
I love my mazirek deck personally. Like the other anons said, token generation, recurable creatures, and sac outlets will get you far, especially with Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact. I also found that including some voltron elements is a fun wincon, since over half of the people I play against forget he flies.

And if you want to really pop off, all you need is a sac outlet and any creature with Persist. Stack the Marzirek trigger, then the Persist trigger, so that the creature comes into play with a -1/-1 counter, then all your creatures get a +1/+1 counter. This will cause both counters to disappear, allowing you to buff the rest of your creatures infinitely, and infinite EBT or death triggers.
>>
How do you Dimir?

I'm trying to build Lazav, and I have basically everything available, but I'm open to suggestions and could use some inspiration. Is Mirko or Dranlu fun?
>>
Oh, and speaking of Mazirek. His recent lore article was pretty good, and I'm glad we will be seeing more of Vraska soon. Just not sure if they will be able to pull Mazirek in yet, or if we will have to wait for a Return to Return to Ravnica to see an update on his coup against Jarad

>>53835660
Phenax wall tribal. It is janky, but kind of hilarious
>>
>>53835700
>>53835700
I actually ran Phenax as the backbreaker in my old Lazav deck. You drop him with lazav out, chunk people with mill, and then mill them with their milled cards. I found the fallacy is that everyone wants to win by decking someone, when you really win by getting good stuff in their yard and stealing it.
>>
>>53835717
Yeah, defidently a good idea. I also included a bunch of combos in mine. So it mostly was dick around with control and a bit of milling and stealing, then combo someone with Mindcrank
>>
>>53835660
I've got Dralnu storm. Pretty good, and I can take out the tutors and tone it down a bit.
>>
>>53835789
Can you give me a brief rundown on how it works? Seems like I'm going to wind up sacrificing a bunch of my lands.
>>
>Thread Question
I feel that I don't care about them. Some people might play them against superfriends decks, but I think it's a waste of slot.
>>
So I should pick up my Thalia's Lancers now right? Legendary planeswalkers makes them kinda hilarious.
>>
>>53835830
How so?
>>
>>53835918

Lancers tutors legendary permanents. The number of viable targets in all of my EDH decks just went thru the roof
>>
>>53835830
>Thalia's Lancers
I am really curious as to the addition of legendary on planeswalkers

I can only wonder if they are changing the planeswalker uniqueness rule
>>
>>53835274
I tried building a mazirek but in the end Ghave took his position as a commander.
>>
>>53836195
>Ghave
I fucking LOVE my ghave deck. It's incredibly powerful, interesting to assemble combos, and can win through straight attrition if necessary. It's quite the monstrosity.
>>
>>53835800
Well you're not really looking at Dralnu for the body, and you're probably not casting him unless you're looking to storm out, and even then he's not all that necessary. It's mostly a draw/mana/repeat deck. High Tide with Frantic Search, Dramatic Reversal, wheels (especially with Notion Thief), I'm thankful for my Snapcaster, black Rituals, Catalyst Stone, Torrential Gearhulk, you can run some haste enablers like Greaves and Elixir...

Just make sure it's okay in your meta. We're all combo players but I can see it getting frustrating quickly for someone who's not used to it.
>>
>>53835316
I have considered Sen Triplets. The problem I've heard is that unless you flash them out, people won't allow them to live a full turn rotation. I do believe Blue will add a lot to the game plan and blinking Gonti is not a bad idea with white. Though, I did consider Grixis with stuff like Marchesa.

>>53835351
My deal was consistancy and only doing stuff during my turn. It felt like my only impactful moments were either at upkeep or my first main phase. That's it. At one point I was wondering "Am I really only using him because he looks cool?" Which is what seems to bounce back and forth in my head. The one thing I have not tried was a lands build with Crucible/Scapeshift since I happen to now have those. I also noticed I didnt run... almost any reanimation. I only ran like Phyrexian Reclaimation and Victimize and that was it.
>>
>>53836195
I might actually end up with a second version of mine, but with Kresh
>>
>>53836258
>going to EDHrec to look at lists
Jesus christ people are bad at magic. Nothing in there was storm, it was just a bunch of ramp, generic flashback goodstuff, and like labman/blue sun's zenith. Do you have a list I can look at? I have almost all those cards you listed, except snapcaster and catalyst stone, but that shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>53836564
using the filter tool might help you look for the cards you want
>>
File: 1457478742369.gif (2MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
1457478742369.gif
2MB, 430x242px
>Playing against Zur
>Slam turn two Stranglehold
>He scoops
>>
>>53837652
What a faggot. There's no excuse for him being unable to remove an enchantment or win with Stranglehold in play.
>>
File: hull.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hull.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53837652
Blood moon and the magus often have the same effect. This one is my personal favorite:

>guy with 3+ colour deck
>plays a bunch of mana and has only a single blue/green/black mana source
>immediately scoops when you blow it up
>>
>>53837652
This is pretty funny. Though, it shouldn't have been that bad. A Zur deck should be running quite a bit of spot removal.
>>
>>53837652
Doing dog's work, anon
>>
File: ohyes.jpg (24KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
ohyes.jpg
24KB, 704x396px
>>53837652
>Playing against Zur
>Turn two strangle him
>He dies
>>
>try to play magic online
>even in casual games, autists think it's acceptable to run a $1000 mana base

Why.jpg
>>
>>53838386
I just want to play Vela, fuck off.
>>
Post your deck and your favorite magical christmasland interaction.

>Feldon with Dictate of the Twin Gods, Gratuitous violence and Beserker's onslaught out
>pop feldon, bring back *insert beater with anhiliator here* probably Bane of Bala Ged
>exile 2 things, swing for 48
>seize the day, do it again 48 and 2 exiled things
>and again with the flashback 48 and 2 more exiled things
>6 things exiled, 144 damage
>assembled from jank spare parts just lying around, lurking within my casual monored deck
>>
>>53838429
Padeem with Future Sight/Magus of the Future, Etherium Sculptor/Helm of Awakening/Foundry Inspector, and Sensei's Divining Top.
>>
>>53837652
>no spot removal
>in w/b, the colors of FUCK YOU I REMOVE IT
>with blue for FUCK YOU I COUNTER IT
>zur running full optimized combo because the dumbass netdecked from the tier list instead of modifying it for the meta
>nor did he mull to get a counterspell
Most of the cEDH shit can be easily modified, when you sacrifice winning a turn earlier for being able to get to that turn in the first place. For God's sake, if you're going to netdeck, at least read how the deck works.
>>
Was having trouble finding this elsewhere on the internet, but can I have a Grove of the Burnwillows in my UR deck to abuse with Punishing Fire?
>>
File: 1482964541708.jpg (187KB, 760x933px) Image search: [Google]
1482964541708.jpg
187KB, 760x933px
>>53838504
This is the paradox:

>those who build good decks win regardless of commander, outside of their very specific extremely niche meta, where some things are better than others
>tards interpret this as "this deck is the best", google two combos, then spend $3000 for foodchain tazri
>when you play them they go "Uh, here's foodchain and tazri, I win."
>when you ask them why, they go "pfft, noob I'm not going to explain it to you if you don't know how it works"
>or my personal favorite "Something something eternal scourge, infinite mana I win."
>>
>>53838415

And why do you need original duals, mana crypt and vault to do that?
>>
>>53838532
No. If it taps for that color you need that color. It's why you can't run all the signets in every deck. Fetchlands are technically legal because they search out two types of lands, while not actually having the mana color on it.
>>
>>53838547
OH, I forgot the most important part:
>after they lose 3/5 times to better deck builders with lower tier commanders, they scoop in a huff, bitch about how that deck's shit online, and then call people noobs
>>
>>53838532
No, its identity is R/G.
>>
>>53838552
Because they're good.
>>
File: 1345126101682.gif (375KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1345126101682.gif
375KB, 400x300px
>>53838429
>Playing a Volrath deck
>First time I've ever played this deck since it's completion
>Try it out in a 4 player game
>Down to me and my friend running an infinite token/life deck
>His deck goes off and he makes 1,000,000 tokens and 1,000,000 life.
>He ends the turn
>on my turn I swing with Volrath making him unblockable with Rogue's passage
>Discard Draco
>mfw
>>
File: NICE.png (229KB, 634x355px) Image search: [Google]
NICE.png
229KB, 634x355px
>>53838429
Rith the Awakener with Doubling Season, Primal Vigor, Parallel Lives, and Anointed Procession
>16 times tokens
>all ungodly high p/t with a Shared Animosity and Coat of Arms
>resolve a Titanic Ultimatum
>mfw it doesn't matter since my Hellrider kills everyone when I declare attacks
>>
>>53838645
There's just something fun about getting use of cards that either have too high of a CMC with an upside or too low of a CMC with a downside.
>using Gisa on a Phyrexian Dreadnought
>>
>>53838429
>Running Eon Hub when my opponent runs a shit ton of upkeep ability cards
>>
File: giphy (10).gif (855KB, 428x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (10).gif
855KB, 428x240px
>>53838665
On that note:
>Abzan tokens
>Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, Primal Vigor and Anointed Procession
>Someone makes a mistake destroying/countering my Angel of Sanctions
>Embalm it
>16 Angel of Sanctions, each targeting the biggest threats on the table
>>
File: 1254172884282.jpg (54KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
1254172884282.jpg
54KB, 475x360px
>>53839059
Also in the same deck:
>Imprinting a Corpsejack Menace onto Soul Foundry
>>
>>53838386
It's not a $1000 manabase if you're online.
>>
>>53839210
It's not a $1000 manabase if you pay chinaman for it.
>>
>playing 5dh at LGS with people I've barely seen before
>after looking at my Karador, teenager slaps his Anafenza deck on the table with a smug grin
>the only guy I know at the table plays Sedris
>A-za is Assymetrical Hate: the deck with few times my deck's worth in cards
>get screwed, waste my removal trying to get rid of that bs lady, to no avail
>anything I do, I either pay extra, lose life, sacrifice permanents or it has no effect
>get taken out ages before assembling any useful engines
>other 4 players are mostly fine

What is your deck to make people really fucking mad? 'Cause that's what I need in my deck suite in times like that. Being able to win is optional
>>
>>53839381
Have you seen actually good chinaman fakes? All of the ones I have seen are kind of shit and I would like some really good ones but don't know where to find them
>>
>>53839443
Baral. Control is useless in 4 players or up, but Baral makes it slightly work and he's great at staring someone down at the table and saying "You're not going to be allowed to play until I'm dead."
>>
>>53839443
I run Zur's Weirding and Teferi's Puzzle Box in my Tomorrow deck
>>
>>53839443
Nekusar's Wheels on the Bus. Nothing pisses people off more than when you give them a hand and some time to plan what to do with it, and then take it away from them.
>>
>>53839099
>>53839059
Oh god that's beautiful

One other time two of the other players cloned my Rith while I had a Primal Vigor out. We all declare a truce to attack the other players. Each of us had over 100 thousand tokens in a few turns. Good times
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>53839606
>mfw when someone plays puzzle box and omen machine.
>>
>>53839633
Puzzle Box is one of my favorite cards
>>
>>53839545
I think that can be counterplayed rather easily, given the number of uncounterable spells, put into play effects and noncreature spells hate, suddenly you are the one getting mad

>>53839596
>>53839606
Seems good, though I believe wheel effects are mostly expensive?
>>
>>53839701
Like 2-3 mana
>>
>>53838429
>Queen Marchesa
>Cast solitary confinement
>Cast wound reflection
>Cast Havoc festival
>Laugh as people scramble to stop the madness, realise they have no answer and die one by one

I love my Queen Marchesa deck, so many little fun things I do and despite the fact that the faggot known as Sheldon would call it a "griefer" deck people tend to just laugh at the insanity of it all and don't get hugely butthurt about it.
>>
>>53839701
Oh yeah. Get a loan, Timetwister ain't cheap. There are some cheap cards available, Wheel of Fate, Magus of the Wheel, Memory Jar isn't terrible, Teferi's Puzzle Box, Windfall, but the two big ones, Wheel of Fortune and especially Timetwister, are expensive as shit.
>>
>>53839778
>timetwister edh legal
>>
>>53839833
Are you thinking of Time Walk? Because Timetwister is EDH legal. I have a heavily abused copy.
>>
File: Image (25).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (25).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>53839701
>>53839778

Molten Psyche is just plain filthy to wheel into with a Nekusar deck. Absolutely horrifying
>>
>>53839859
No I had just assumed it was banned and checked the legality when you mentioned it
Terrifying terrifying things
>>
>playing 'casual' on xmage
>Guy quits to my chaos deck on turn 4 when he see's Confusion in the Ranks and Grip of Chaos
>'This isn't fun waiting 30 minutes for you to resolve a trigger'
>He concedes
>Stays in the chat after I call his deck inappropriate to the table due to his Toshiro Umezawa deck running Tutors,

recursion and combo's, I mentioned it wasn't 'casual'
>stays in chat for the rest of the game asking for my definition of casual
> I repeat that it's the combination of his recursion, tutors and heavy synergy
> 'Oh so a casual deck is not allowed to have a win con?'
>'That's not the contention, I just mentioned your deck has enough consistency to fight it's variance'
>'Nuh uh, I can't deal with artifacts and Enchantments due to being mono-black'
>'Again, that's not the contention, I just think your deck is more suited to a serious table'
>calls me a dumbass etc.
>stays all the way to the end of the match to because I didn't think his deck was casual...
>>
>>53839751
How is it a griefer deck if noone is butthurt

>>53839965
>person getting called out on his deck having synergy
>mono black, can basically kill creatures, tutor, discard and that's it
Nigga, you better define casual deck right now.
>>
>>53840038
It's pasta.
>>
>>53839965
You already posted this story
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53785660/#53789312
Go away
>>
>piloting a low-key deck, in hopes of getting under the radar and snatching a victory
>running some threatening stuff to be able to press through opposition

What's your choice?
>>
>>53840038
>How is it a griefer deck if noone is butthurt

It's what Sheldon likes to call those decks that run things like mana barbs and other punisher effects, no one I know calls it a griefer deck.

The deck is super creature light and doesn't have all that much removal in it either, if I can't set up or protect a turtle effect I can get stomped on hard, but it's worth it just for games where I assemble things like karma + urborg.

I'm probably going to scrap my mazirek deck I built a few months ago, it's boring and slow and I hate it.

I want to build something to do with +1 +1 counters don't want to make it more than 2 colours.
>>
>>53839883
Timetwister is only really Power Nine in the context of having the other Eight. It's the most "fair" of them, and only really becomes broken when you get to empty your hand thanks to Lotus and/or Moxen before playing it.
>>
File: BALDWAR.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BALDWAR.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
art that is moving VERY FAST at HIGH SPEEDS
>>
File: SMAUT.jpg (3KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SMAUT.jpg
3KB, 300x300px
>>53840227
>>
>>53840227
What are some fun cards to play in multiplayer with a Black Red deck?
>>
File: WELP.png (393KB, 456x900px) Image search: [Google]
WELP.png
393KB, 456x900px
>>53838429
>Playing Angry Omnath with Verdant Force out on the table
>three rounds pass on the table, have 16 creatures on upkeep
>cast Shamanic Revelation and draw 12 lands
>pitch 10 of them to the yard on discard step
>stop Oloro player from comboing off with Krosan Grip
>he wipes my board in response
>Gahiji player kills Daxos player
>cast Omnath again, play Splendid Reclamation and drop 50/50 in haste Elementals on the field
>>
File: 153[2].jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
153[2].jpg
57KB, 312x445px
I really like this with Rashmi, Cascade Spells, and Genesis Wave.

Feels nice to not have to panic shoot something because you just happen to flip over a Naturalize, it plays well with cards that care about permanents, and it helps make Kruphix active while also letting you deactivate him if there's Merciless Eviction or something similar.
>>
>>53840292
Rakdos Charm in response to all these token spam players.
>I get 10,000 tokens!
You take 10,000 damage.
>>
File: deckbuilding.png (175KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
deckbuilding.png
175KB, 1600x600px
>>53839443
N
A
R
S C R A M B L E V E R S E
E
T R I B A L
>>
>>53840292
For "fun" go with Sire of Insanity, Havoc Festival, and Rakdos the Defiler

>>53840324
Also fun
>>
>>53839965
Nice pasta
>>
>>53840345
How does that even work? Or Narset is just for colors? I'm not sure about scrambleverse effects, because they are limited in what the hit. I'm thinking more about Rule of Law type of cards

>>53840127
I hate to say it, but that was probably your best bet. Unless you want to do weird shit in UG ofc
>>
>>53840292
i made a malfegor deck. it's a lot of fun and surprisingly good at keeping a decent hand size thanks to cards like kothophed and harvester of souls.
>>
File: chucking.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chucking.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>Decide to run Armageddon in my Kaalia deck
>Slam down Avacyn with Kaalia and blow up everyones lands
>Everything is okay, few rocks left but who cares
>One dude taps his Thran Dynamo
>Crucible of Worlds
>Oh this can't be too bad
>Next turn he plays Azusa
>>
>>53840475
>playing Cucklia
>raging at other people recovering after you blew up all their lands

Sounds to me like you're a faggot.
>>
>>53840394
You run a few creatures - less than 5, lots of Artifact ramp, and a few chaos cards: scrambleverse, knowledge pool, pandemonium. Then add in a couple MLD cards and your set.
In game you just get narset out after you've disrupted the board a bit and each time she swings you take the table on a wild ride. The win con is everyone gets frustrated and scoops.
>>
>>53840519
>>53840394
There's a great narset chaos deck on tapped out. At work so I can't find it for you.
>>
>>53840324
This is why it pays to play global Lifelink effects and Soul Sisters.
>>
>>53840313
Seal of Primordium and Seal of Cleansing are some of the GOAT multiplayer removal spells.

Those and the shuffle ones like Spring Cleaning are the best imo.
>>
Taigam has me inspired to build my first Tron deck. What's /edhg/'s recommended white/blue cantrips, and any other obscure spells that Taigam can abuse with rebound?
>>
>>53840633
I pretty much staple Seal of Cleansing to Sun Titan.
Any deck that is running a Sun Titan should have Seal of Cleansing too.
>>
>>53840633
>>53840736

Aura of silence is so good.

>rattlesnake
>easy to recur
>while it's out it annoys mana rock cucks by making their gilded lotus cost the same as most dragons
>>
>>53840736
I usually prefer to run Aura of Silence with Sun Titan, but same thing really.
>>
>>53840547
If anyone had this list, or something similar, it would be a massive help if they could share it. Been looking to build a chaos deck at some point
>>
>>53840788
Yeah, Aura of Silence is even stronger though it puts a target on you.
>>
>>53840944
If playing aura of silence puts a target on you then you're playing at a table of weak pissants.
>>
>>53840944
Sure, but Sun Titan is already going to do that by itself especially since it can be an infinite combo piece.
>>
>>53840668
Not an answer to your question, but make sure to slap Aqueous Form on Taigam. Can't be blocked, lets him swing for free, and scrys.
>>
>>53840633
>the shuffle ones like Spring Cleaning

Did you mean Deglamer?
>>
File: 110[1].jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
110[1].jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>53841017
Yes thank you. I get them mixed up. Spring Cleaning is decent but you might as well play Calming Verse.
>>
>>53841006
Oh damn, that is good.

I'm really excited for Taigam and his potential for Voltron. It's really disappointing to see all the lists full of extra turn bullshit pumped out by turbospikes with endless pockets. They don't stop to think about the idea of turning every cantrip into Divination, or being able to boardwipe two turns in a row at the cost of one.
>>
>>53835830
They're a dollar. I really doubt they're going to spike from something like that, and if they do, they'll probably spike to, gasp, two dollars.
>>
File: asianman.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
asianman.png
121KB, 223x311px
I find myself wanting to build pic related? Do I just load him up with cantrips and equipment or is there other ways to build him?
>>
>>53840475
I'd shake this guy's hand, if only because he runs Dynamo and Azusa in one deck

>>53841307
I personally prefer just cantrips and little enchantments for explosive one-shots. Makes it quite difficult to do politics and win though
>>
>>53838547
>things that have never happened
>>
File: 1401683261503.jpg (71KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1401683261503.jpg
71KB, 300x290px
>>53841077

I want to fuck Rebecca Guay
>>
>>53841307
Wait, I actually have a question about him. I actually want to build a vehicle deck around him. How does he interact with Fleetwheel Cruiser? Does it animate in time for me to use Shu Yun's ability on it?
>>
>>53841494
How are you that bad at the game?

When you cast Fleetwheel Cruiser, has it already entered the battlefield?
>>
>>53841494
Yes just crew before casting
>>
File: Wild-Ricochet.jpg (97KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
Wild-Ricochet.jpg
97KB, 700x511px
>>53838429
>Iroas Tokenbooster
>With Sunforger Subtheme
>Thromok player pumps his Commander up to lethal levels, attaches Mage Slayer
>Swings at me, I cast Deflecting Palm to kill him with his own trigger
>He casts Soul Fire in response to try and kill me before I can kill him
>Dequip Sunforger for Wild Ricochet, redirecting Soul Fire to kill the other two players, then let Deflecting Palm finish him off

Sometimes it feels pretty good being RW
>>
>>53841532
Oh wait I see what you were talking about. The prowess related abilities will have resolved by the time the vehicle enters
>>
>>53841307
I built him and he is tough to play. Oftentimes I've found him just one or two damage from being able to kill someone, or more often than not blowing out one or two players and then getting killed by the rest of the table. Shu yun runs out of steam pretty quick I've noticed, even with lots of cantrips. He is definitely pretty cheap to make and not a bad commander by any means, but he is fairly frustrating to pilot. Although for all I know that could just be my rubbish deck building skills
>>
>>53841550
Swinging into an active Sunforger without Krosan Grip is always retarded.
>>
File: 1495681556003.gif (3MB, 660x520px) Image search: [Google]
1495681556003.gif
3MB, 660x520px
>>53838429
>Playing my super timmified Temmet deck I recently made
>Sitting on two Annointed Processions, a Mirror Gallery, Temmet and his token, and both of Wormcoil's babies
>Topdeck Rite of Replication while giggling like a retard
>Target friend's commander, Marchessa the Black Rose
>Everyone but the Marchessa player forgot I had Mirror Gallery, and all proceed to shit their pants
>Get 20 Marchessa tokens, and now, 20 Dethrone triggers per creature
>Make both wurms unlockable with both Temmets and proceed to wreck face
>Take back the game, and win it next turn due to now huge as fuck wurms
>>
File: 42[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53841605
>two Annointed Processions
I'm assuming this was involved?
>>
>>53841605
Literally a craw wurm meta but I love the story, live the dream anon.
>>
>>53841789
Clever Impersonator to be specific, but yeah, same idea.

Almost all of my decks with blue get that and the Metamorph
>>
>>53835992

I don't know why everybody is assuming that planeswalkers will now be legendary, just because some new planeswalkers were spoiled with legendary in the type line

Why would your assumption not be that these are a new thing?
>>
>>53841907
I think it's to reinforce the Planeswalker-uniqueness rule.
>>
>>53841483
Me too, she's embarassed of us mtg players though.
>>
>>53841483

Never get tired of her art.
>>
>>53841931

That doesn't make sense, planeswalker uniqueness goes beyond the legendary rule, it would make things MORE confusing, since you would have a legendary jace that still can't be on the battlefield at the same time as a different Jace with a different name, unlike say, different Thalia's with different names

It seems much more likely that these legendary planeswalkers would exist for the purpose of legendary matters effects
>>
File: cunt destroyer.jpg (35KB, 628x434px) Image search: [Google]
cunt destroyer.jpg
35KB, 628x434px
>>53842075

My Craw Wurm would make her sing a different tune.
>>
>>53842191
The jace's ultimate appears to make 2 copies of himself, I think there's something strange coming this fall.

I'm also inclined to think it might be something to do with that Ixalan multiplayer game that comes out in october.
>>
>>53842226

Okay, I'm still not seeing why anybody thinks all planeswalkers are suddenly going to be errata'd to legendary
>>
>>53842264
I never said they were and anyone who implies it probably eats paint chips covered in smegma.
>>
File: Tibalt Back from Vacation.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tibalt Back from Vacation.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
/ccg/ is dead. How's this Tibalt look?
>>
>>53842368
Middle ability is really bad.
>>
>>53842398
Well yeah, it's Tibalt.
>>
>>53842368
His plus ability should have SOME hard upside. Pinging for 1 damage to anything would be nice and give red some repeatable spot removal early on. The minus is terrible and does little to properly protect him, especially considering his already low loyalty. Making a creature token would be much better, even just a 1/1.
>>
>>53842463
Discard draw + ping as the plus ability of a 2 mana walker would be too good.
>>
>>53842451
Tibalt shouldn't equal shit card though, he's a meme because wizards can't design 2 mana walkers, especially red planeswalkers.
>>
>>53842483
+1 would be a bit more balanced, but only because that -3 should be a -2. Rummaging can be really bad early on where that ping will be better than most other times, but it is usable, as it should be. Tibalt being shit is a joke and probably shouldn't be.
>>
>>53840807
Literally just use edhrec and follow the guidelines this anon >>53840519 posted.
>>
File: Tibalt Back from Vacation.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tibalt Back from Vacation.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Just made the -3 a bolt, and added the supertype since I'm thinking about doing some weird walkers that don't legend rule out. Still playable as a fragile rummage engine, but this incentivizes trading life for loyalty a bit more. I think this is pretty fair for RR.
>>
>>53842677
What format did you have in mind when you made this?
>>
>>53842715
Sanctioned constructed. Whoops.
>>
>watching the GP stream for HOU spoilers
>it's cringier than anything I saw at E3 outside of the battlefield marriage proposal.
>>
>>53842798
Also the crowd is booing the gatewatch and cheering Bolas.
>>
>>53842677
Pretend he's going to be in Ixalan and call him Captain Tibalt.
>>
>>53842798
>>53842843
>that poor fuck sweating from the heavy-ass Bolas helmet

He better be getting a bonus for this shit
>>
>>53842949
He just rekt Samut with what sounded like an aids joke.

People really fucking hate these boring gatewatch fags.
>>
HWOAH
>>
File: RASZQjzl.png.jpg (38KB, 348x470px) Image search: [Google]
RASZQjzl.png.jpg
38KB, 348x470px
Oh come the fuck on now.
>>
>>53843049
Well that's gonna be $10 easy

>>53843016
>blows the kangwalker out with an AIDS joke

Bolas is woke asf
>>
>>53843097
>>Well that's gonna be $10 easy

>only good in EDH
>rare

nope
>>
Eternalize M (M, Exile this card from your graveyard, Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie [previous creature type] with no mana cost. Eternalize only as a sorcery.)
>>
>>53843049
this is pretty sweet

>>53843092
Burn is not allowed to be good, remember?
>>
>>53843049
The only good card they've shown.

>draft chaff everywhere
>revealing samut even though ever already saw her card
>cringe inducing gatewatch team
>stream cuts out

Ebin wizards, you've manged to make me give 0 fucks about this set but some guy stealin a rare sheet has got me hype for a set 3 months away.

>>53843092
searing spear too broken, please add 1 mana to it so it becomes an even worse yamabushi's flame.

>>53843097
No way it hits $10 for a copy, foils maybe if it ends up being as popular as rift is for blue decks.

>>53843123
That double strike cat isn't too shabby then.
>>
>>53840127
have you considered kraj, vorel, or Ezuri decks?

they're blue green and all about those counters
>>
>>53843092
Just fucking kill me already. I hate watching Red get neutered like this.
>>
>>53843123
so the token doesn't retain any abilities from the card? every eternalize is a vanilla zombie? wew this is such garbage
>>
File: tgT6b7P.png (400KB, 483x657px) Image search: [Google]
tgT6b7P.png
400KB, 483x657px
Last three gods in Bolas colors confirmed. Have the Rakdos god, y'all.

>>53843189
It's a copy of it, dumbass.
>>
>>53843119
>>53843164
A 3mana wipe that hits everything that's not a land, in the color that has the easiest time making their permanents indestructible. This will be ridiculous
>>
>>53843180
I did have ezuri at one point, got bored of him.

I do want to try Vorel to be honest, I had the idea of running mycosynth lattic and liquimetal coating with some pws as well.

>>53843189
>create a token that is a copy
>that is a copy
>is a copy
>copy

Really joggin the ole noggin there m8.

>>53843209
The name just looks like they couldn't think of one so they used it's testing name instead.
>>
>>53843209
Rakdos control, Fuck Tokens edition?
>>
>>53843234
>3 mana

It's going to be 6 mana more than it's going to be 3 mana in formats that count, EDH doesn't push prices on cards with mass printings.
>>
>>53843209
EVERLASTING TORMENT
>>
File: 190.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
190.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>53843209

finally we found his home
>>
>>53843049
Even as a vanilla six mana nonland wipe this would be kinda decent in EDH.
>>
>>53843209
kind of struggling to see a deck for this guy. but i guess that's because he was printed for standard and he standard fucking sucks

the last interesting commander to come out of standard was probably kambal or something
>>
>>53843308
>>53843313
I'm already behind this commander.

>>53843324
You mean like planar cleansing? A boardwipe I have never seen anyone in my playgroup cast.
>>
>>53843327

By Kambal you mean Rashmi.
>>
>The one time I kind of care about a local inhabitant living is the one time wizards actually makes a bad end
Rhonas did LITERALLY nothing. He didn't even say a single fucking word.
>>
>>53842340

Oh my b then, I keep seeing that all over /tg/, that all planeswalkers are being errata'd to be legendary
>>
File: tsinacraetile.jpg (123KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
tsinacraetile.jpg
123KB, 496x693px
Anyone have experience with isochron secpter man?
>>
>>53842567

Just to be clear you're suggesting a 2 mana Walker with a + ability that can deal 1 to creatures or players?

That is super busted
>>
someone post the jace I haven't seen it
>>
>>53843092
Limited is a thing, though with all the huge butts running around I'm not sure why they decided they needed nearly Ember Shot tier removal.
>>
File: jiggly wtf.gif (98KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
jiggly wtf.gif
98KB, 500x375px
>>53843092
why are they printing strictly worse lightning bolts all the time?whats the point? and why is it so much worse? didn't they had enough with shock?

Fuck, they can't even use the excuse that red deck wins is cheap to build thanks to goblin guide and that faggot devil.
>>
>>53843234

>10 nonland permanents in play
>anywhere outside edh

No
>>
>>53843327
Really?
IMHO this is probably the best multiplayer rakdos commander. Gives you card draw and a theme to build around.
>>
>>53843527
eh i guess

i've just been waiting for a good rakdos reanimator commander for ages
>>
>>53843537
What do you want from a rakdos reanimator commander?
>>
>>53843579

A cheap discard outlet
>>
>>53843579
either a good interesting etb/ltb or anything that reanimates

grenzo comes somewhat close but my friend built him as a goblin tribal so thats off limits
>>
>>53843527
and can avoid commander tax (barring exile, or put into deck)
>>
>>53843579
I'd like to see something that lets you discard cards to reanimate, trading a card in hand for a card in yard. Maybe base it on CMC,or the number of card types in the yard so you can pitch lands in the super late game and pull out fatties, to better incentivize control and FINALLY give Delirium a proper home
>>
>>53843434
Run him in Jace Tribal. Not bad.
>>
>>53843434

He seems pretty awful to me, just begging to 2 for 1 yourself for 4 mana, and you have no recourse because he doesn't have haste
>>
>>53843434
It's okay. Fits better in Simic/Temur where you have more options for untapping like Kiora's Follower and more rapid spellcasting synergies available like Young Pyromancer.
>>
>>53843877
You want to exile something small that nobody gives a shit about and just use it again and again, something like Ponder. It also doesn't care about colors, so if you're in Izzet you can put down haste, slip something that takes a ton of pips underneath it and not have to worry about that. I can actually see someone wanting it for 5c control for that exact reason.
>>
>>53843940
Or you toss Dramatic Reversal under it with Greaves and 3 mana in rocks/dorks and go infinite.
>>
>>53843977
35 posters, 192 comments.
>>
>>53843940

if my opponent wants to exile their ponder instead of using it, and i can prevent them from playing ponder every turn by using a simple kill spell or incidental bit of damage, i most certainly will do that

>>53843977

he clearly needs greaves to not be useless, and even then. your 10 piece combo still dies to a kiill spell
>>
>>53844142
4 piece. Greaves can be Boots or Thousand Year Elixir. He can be Scepter. Dynamo, Vault, or Monolith for colorless, Gilded Lotus for any color.
>dies to removal
>>
>>53844234

isochron scepter is a good card

the arcanist sucks

thats all im saying
>>
File: 01n0mvjgp34z.png (278KB, 366x490px) Image search: [Google]
01n0mvjgp34z.png
278KB, 366x490px
New spoiler from HOD. This be gud?
>>
>>53844545
Oddly enough the discount doesn't make it any easier to cast in EDH, since you STILL need WWW
>>
>>53844587

yeah this card has just the right combination of downsides to make it not that good despite seeming very powerful
>>
>>53844621
If it was 4WW it'd be SUPER playable, but the jump from 2 of the same colored to three of the same colored is huge
>>
>>53844587
>Shitty mana base detected

But seriously, the card is alright. The bigger problem will be finding decks that really want to blow up EVERYTHING. Planar cleansing is already a card that doesn't get played much because the only way to break parity is through lands and cards in hand. Most decks want to keep their artifacts or enchantments and just blow up creatures to stall out the board long enough to take control.
>>
>>53844651

i think the other problem is that you cant break the symmetry very well. most decks rely more on one kind of nonland permanent than others, a creature deck can value hard off bane of progress, an artifact mana deck will value hard off MLD

but there's no way to value really hard off this except to be almost all instants and sorceries, but the problem with that is those decks usually want artifact mana, also those decks dont really want to cast a WWW spell

the kind of deck that actually wants a planar cleansing is like an old school 20 life 1v1 UW control deck, but there will never be 10 nonland permanents in that format, so its just a worse planar cleansing
>>
>>53844751
WWW is still pretty hard in tri color decks. Unless you already have enough mana to hardcast it normally, so the discount doesn't really DO much outside of monocolor decks and dual color if you get a bit lucky
>>
>>53844751
Yeah I agree. Even in decks which run Armageddon, the point is to keep your rocks in play
>>
>>53844751
>>53844778
I don't think you need to break symmetry from this, it's more of a wrath to punish those faggots whose first few turns involve spamming mana rocks or dorks.

by turn 3 this should be costing WWW, perfect time to pop their sol rings and sylvan libraries.

Late game it's a "I fell behind, might as well wrath for 3 mana and use my other 5 to rebuild".
>>
>>53844545
Yes, I like it. As >>53844621 said, it's pretty much excellently designed.

>>53844587
I can't speak for you, but I run a lot of mana fixing stuff. Like dual lands, mana rocks, and so on. So I can't see many situations where I wouldn't be able to get 3 W. Mostly because I love tri-color decks.

>>53844846
This, this is why I happily run planar cleansing. Don't need it all the time, but careful use means it will hurt me less or only be used due to otherwise impervious targets.
>>
File: 2[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
2[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
So what do you think the chances are that they'll functionally errata all Planeswalkers to be Legendary?
>>
>>53845169
I'm pretty sure in the Ixalan leaks someone read "Legendary Planeswalker" on one of the cards, so maybe
>>
>>53845169
>>53845198
Nevermind this was taking into account legendary planeswalkers, delet this
>>
File: 1497627752345[1].jpg (363KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497627752345[1].jpg
363KB, 767x1024px
>>53845198
You can see what appears to be "Legendary" on Jace, Vraska, and the RW Planeswalker. Also, the tiny snippet of Jace's ultimate that we've seen appears to say that he creates copies of himself "except they aren't legendary".

Get your Sisay now, if you haven't already, because she's going to be in every Atraxa deck pretty soon if they do a mass errata.
>>
>>53844846
I feel like this is use 'A' for this one: Play it in a more controlling deck, hold your rocks back, and nuke the table while cackling like a comic book supervillain.

Use b is be green, ramp with lands, set everybody else back to the stone age.
>>
File: BsOi7OCCQAExaRM.jpg (13KB, 304x210px) Image search: [Google]
BsOi7OCCQAExaRM.jpg
13KB, 304x210px
What is the fastest you have made someone scoop?

>Playing Mazirek deck
>Salt-anon is playing blue Braids
>Also a Daretti deck and a Mina and Den
>Turn one he Sol Rings, and turn two he casts Braids then passes to me
>I put a Butcher of Malakir into play from Braids
>Cast and then sac a Sakura Tribe Elder
>This forces Salt-anon to sac his Braids
>The salt is real
>He fucking scoops right there
>Other two also say fuck it

I mean, I did just set myself to fuck any creature based deck but I didn't expect the Butcher to last long.
>>
>>53845314
T2, played a bm with sol ring and the 5 color pw player who hadnt bought oath of nissa instantly scooped because he doesnt play in his words "bad planeswalkers"
>>
>>53845314
>playing Hokori
>have Hokori and both Thalias on the board
>play Kill Switch
>2 combo players scoop, leaving me against only Atraxa
I still lost lol
>>
>>53845314
GW Selvala, T1 Forest Sol Ring, T2 Plains Explosive Vegetation, T3 Mirari's Wake, three scoops.
>>
>>53845314
>turn 3
>play stripmine
>stripmine money guy's underground sea because it's his only blue and black source out
>he scoops

I got the same guy with a grenzo'd magus of the moon, he's seems to be allergic to putting basics in his 3+ colour decks.
>>
>>53845314
Turn 3. Was playing a GR aggro deck a few years back. Got a lucky hand to open. Mountain, Forest, Rootbound Crag, and then everything else was cheap creatures or burn.

For EDH? About turn 5 or 6. With Kaalia and Jenara in the way you'd expect.
>>
>>53844846
>I don't think you need to break symmetry from this, it's more of a wrath to punish those faggots whose first few turns involve spamming mana rocks or dorks.

But anon, that DOES break parity, since you will have more cards in hand then them.

That being said, that's a bunch of stalling you have to do. Even in a 4 player game, expecting each opponent to curve out and put more than 3 permanents out before your 3rd turn is a bit much, and not committing a thing to the board for longer than that seems really bad.
>>
>>53845354
I have read that a few times, and I'm not sure what you are saying...

>>53845378
Kek

>>53845446
10 mana turn 4, or 14 if you kept hitting lands, isn't oppressive unless they had been missing stuff.

>>53845452
Show him some legacy decks, he will learn

>>53845500
Fucking angels man
>>
>>53843209
>not indestructible
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>53845524
>That being said, that's a bunch of stalling you have to do. Even in a 4 player game, expecting each opponent to curve out and put more than 3 permanents out before your 3rd turn is a bit much, and not committing a thing to the board for longer than that seems really bad.

You seem to be missing the point, you don't just fire it off on turn 3 but easily by turn 4-5 this will cost 3 mana and be easily castable by 2 colour decks by then.

If people are going all in on plopping sol rings and other assorted things onto the board early you just hold off commiting anyting more than a ramp spell here or a top there, because you know their explosive start isn't going to mean shit in 2 turns.

>not committing a thing to the board for longer than that seems really bad.

Sure, if you're thinking in terms of a sprint instead of a marathon, in which case you're playing sweaty multiplayer and everyone and their mother knows wraths are utter garbage in competitive circles.
>>
>>53845169
That would be retarded but the spoiler does imply that.

If they really are going to have the Jace in Ixalan make token copies of itself then the MUCH simpler option would have been to just give the token "Illusion" or something as a planeswalker type instead of "Jace".

We'll see.>>53845198
>>
>>53845596
I think the flavor point is that the other gods got beaten, but returned. Just like how these guys will in game

>>53843237
What else will you call a forgotten god?
>>
>>53845542
I locked out a 5c planeswalker player with a t2 blood moon because he didnt think oath of nissa or red planeswalkers were good enough for edh
>>
>>53845596
But it will always return from anything that would trip indestructible and some things that won't. (like getting its toughness zeroed by mutilate or counters),
>>
>>53845679
Oh fuck, BLOOD MOON

I'm retarded...
>>
>>53845698
No its my bad, I forgot most edh players dont play cards like blood moon so shortening it down in this general is dumb.
>>
>>53845660
It makes two copies, so if it made them have the same Planeswalker Type, they'd still get Uniqueness ruled.
>>
>>53845660
Pretty sure you could get away with:
>Create two tokens that are copies of ~, except they aren't Jace.
If that's confusing for the playtesters:
>Create two tokens that are copies of ~, except they have no planeswalker type.
>>
>>53845830
This. It's fucking retarded to errata roughly 100 cards from the past 10 years just so they can make token planeswalkers. Just add the "complicated" rules text to the token-maker.
>>
>>53845768
I'm just shit at acronyms to he honest
>>
>>53845830

The no planeswalker type doesn't work because too many rules are tied to the planeswalker type, the first one works though
>>
>>53845952
No, no, they lose the "planeswalker type", which is "Jace", not the "planeswalker" type. It's the same as "creature type" meaning what kind of creature they are, not that they are creatures.
>>
>>53845952
>>53846010
This exchange here is probably exactly why they're doing the Legendary nonsense.
>>
File: 1493535193723.png (304KB, 350x440px) Image search: [Google]
1493535193723.png
304KB, 350x440px
>>53838665
I like your style!
>>
>>53846103
Tokens man, tokens
>>
>>53845169
What if the Jace creep has finally gone too far? There are so many Jaces now that maybe they've decided there's really no reason you shouldn't be able to have Jace Beleren and Jace, the Living Guildpact at the same time?

They may kill the Planeswalker Uniqueness rule entirely, and just fold it all back into the Legend rule.
>>
>>53846010

Ahhh right right right
>>
>>53846229
Only two of them are good at all so it's not a power creep thing. It's boring to see him over and over again though and wotx should slow down with the fucking planeswalkers.
>>
>>53846284

Jace beleren and architect of thought are solid, jvp and jtms are elite

Hardy boys mystery Jace is decent too, the only one that's "not good at all" is living guild pact
>>
File: gisharkjankavatar.jpg (28KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gisharkjankavatar.jpg
28KB, 265x370px
http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/gisharksunsavatar.html

MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW KING OF JANK COMMANDERS (I'll be mounted upon its majestic back).
>>
>>53843977
You are the man I need to tell me how to play game. I am going to include dramatic reversal for sure now. Inifinite casts grows the noyan dar animated land. Thank you anon.
>>
>>53846381
I think JTMS and JVP are the only good ones. The others might have been good enough for Standard or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 265x370px
Tiehana, Voice of Thunder and Dino only the only two playable legends this set. Take your pick, I guess
>>
File: 254[1].jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
254[1].jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Secret tech for Superfriends after the Legendary Planeswalker errata.
>>
>>53846486

They were good enough for standard and amazing in limited, great in cube

Memory adept is also good in limited but i don't count that because mill is cheese in limited

Also architect of though saw modern play back when twin was legal
>>
>>53846537
It's too early to decide if that's playable or not. It could cost 7 mana for all we know.
>>
>>53846486
Unraveler of secrets is a fucking house in edh. The card is a great shield, gives decent card advantage, and lets you play a previously banned effect in edh.
>>
>>53846569

Unraveler is great, his only problem is that he's the balanced version of jtms
>>
>>53846569
>5 mana

I don't think I would ever play him in EDH, people always attack PW to get rid of value engines. 5 mana gain 5 life and ponder or sorcery speed unsummon is fucking awful.

Are there playgroups out there that actually let planeswalkers get value? If the choice is hitting someone at 40 life for 4 or destroying a permanent that will eventually win them the game I know what I would do every time. Where are the people that pick life instead?
>>
I'm looking to build some control, do I go with Hanna for hipster points and recursion (and that sweet art) or Derevi for an actually good commander and green? I like both, but I'm undecided at the moment. I've also always wanted to do something with artifacts, and Hanna lends herself more to that than anything.
>>
>>53846562
It is either 3 or 5 mana, hard to tell.
>>
I'm going to make a Rhonas monogreen deck.
And then tweak Ruric Thar to be oops all permanents except Primal Surge.
>>
>>53846718
I play him with flash and try combo into his ult. If i cant ult him i right away I wont play him as a wincon and will just use him as a shield. Also never shit talk a unsummon, bouncing things is the best way to get green decks to spin their wheels in the mud that they call their color identity.
>>
>>53846569
Unraveler of Secrets is just a much worse JTMS, plebian.
>>
>>53846910
I'mma shit talk 5 mana unsummons all day long.

Also what the hell does flashing in planeswalkers even do for you, other than leaving it open to removal before you activate any abilities? If you just do it during a main phase you can use it before you pass priority.

Also unraveler has a bad ult to combo for, wouldn't you be better off with a more potent ult? (Like JTMS, who just murders someone, tamiyo or Venser)
>>
>>53839059
got a list? that sounds fun as hell.
>>
>>53843327
hapatra and gitrog are both cool tho
>>
File: 2017-06-17 00.43.24.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-17 00.43.24.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>53846950
>pleb
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>53847099
Jtms cant combo into his ult because its 12, jtms is only good for brainstorming, which means you need to know you'll get off multiple brainstorms to get his mana cost back.
>>
>>53846718

What a weird little faggot you are, pretending people play planeswalkers in the hopes that people wont attack them, you play planeswalkers when you can protect them. Which is not so difficult in many metas where people do not fill the board with tons of creatures for fear of board wipes.

Also you can easily board wipe and drop a planeswalker in the same turn, then just value out the rest of the game, easily staying ahead of any creatures that would kill it with combat damage

Planeswalkers actual weakness in edh is that they do not prevent you from being combo'd, given their sorcery speed nature. Being weak to combat damage is not a real problem
>>
>>53846800
>>53846562

It's cmc is 7
>>
File: sit.jpg (15KB, 192x259px) Image search: [Google]
sit.jpg
15KB, 192x259px
>>53847260
Sure as fuck doesn't look like it.
>>
>>53847176
>wasting a bunch of expensive cards on a shit deck
>half foiling
Step it up.
>>
>>53847211
>What a weird little faggot you are, pretending people play planeswalkers in the hopes that people wont attack them, you play planeswalkers when you can protect them

So you just have dead cards in hand while you wait to somehow get complete control of the board, and then when you already have made it impossible for anyone else to do combat damage you choose to use a slow as fuck win condition that will probably just be hit my an anguished unmaking anyway since you are in this slow as fuck all control, no combo, no aggro meta anyway.

I don't think I am the one with the problem here. I think what you are proposing is much more unlikely.
>>
>>53847330
>one deck
thats just a pile of cards m8, all the foil grixis cards and expeditions are in one deck and the lesser cards like jtms and dack are in my casual deck
>>
>>53847176
>2 Snapcaster Mage
Cheater
>>
>>53847393
>lesser card
>Dack
>>
>>53847439
No, its taigo and his boy snappy. Its like having both of the brothers yamazaki cards and not posting them together.
>>
>>53847444
Dack aint no gilded drake and cant auto auto win like blood moon. Hes a fun card but dont pretend hes used for anything more than stealing sol rings 90% of the time.
>>
>>53847491
He's easily the best Planeswalker wincon in Vintage, and scales in power proportionally to how strong a meta is.
>>
>>53847491
He's easily in the top 5 planeswalker cards of all time, he provides card parity and fuels gy strats like delve, removes opponents artifacts while ramping you and only costs 3.
>>
File: 1441331111250.png (277KB, 657x665px) Image search: [Google]
1441331111250.png
277KB, 657x665px
>>53846424
With what some of the dinos look like so far, I don't think it'll be jank. At least not as jank as that Dwarf vehicle commander from Kaladesh. Let's just hope there's more good dinos on the way.
>>
>>53847504
>>53847516
Yeah, there arent any p9 mox being played in edh so his power goes down in that respect alone. Repeatable faithless looting is amazing but without moxen in the format to steal hes inherently not as powerful.
>>
>>53843209
Would this guy's draw ability trigger if something was killed with something like Grasp of Darkness?
>>
>>53847602
Does grasp put counters on its target?
>>
Are you ready for blood moon to get yugioh-ized?
>>
File: bloodmoon.jpg (27KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bloodmoon.jpg
27KB, 265x370px
>>53847737
>>
>>53847737
Only if I get a you guy oh imperial recruiter. That shit needs more prints.
>>
>>53847749
This is the best invocation, god if only that text was legible.
>>
My brother's friend just gave him his entire magic collection for his birthday. Mostly a bunch of crap, but then also the graveborn deck. I almost choked on my tongue when he showed me. Lucky little bugger. As a primarily black player I am jelly as hell of those sweet foil lands and reanimation cards. On that note, his birthday is here in a couple of days and I need to get him something. What set or premade decks are still affordable and actually decent?
>>
>>53847841
Raise dead is the same price as the ema version still i think
>>
>>53847841
toys are us and walmart always has old decks for no mark up
>>
>>53840345
Give me a deck list and I'll build it right now.
>>
File: Heat.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Heat.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Would Reckless Fireweaver work well in a MycoSynth Lattice deck?
>>
File: gitgud.png (145KB, 222x310px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.png
145KB, 222x310px
>>53843209
fite me 1v1
>>
>>53848525
Yes, my friend used it as a wincon in breya.
>>
File: 1478784106799.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478784106799.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>53847925
>Go on edhrec and pick narset as general
>in advanced search add "with" "scrambleverse"
You'll only see cards that are in narset decks that also contain scrambleverse
You're welcome.
>>
81 posters, 288 posts. I am a god.
>>
>>53847749
>Blood Mook
>>
>>53847749
>Bloop Moor
>Ilrchartmert
>>
What are the traditional wincons of a Gitgud frog deck?
>>
>>53849908
Scapeshift and/or Splendid Reclamation with Ob Nixilis is always fun. Token producing options like Avenger of Zendikar, Rampaging Baloths, Titania, or Worm Harvest are good too.
>>
>>53849908
Usually a way to turn infinite mana into a win. Exsanguinate is pretty popular. Discarding dakmor to skirge familiar then dredging is the combo. Make sure you have eldrazi in deck and go ham sandwich.

You loop through your deck every time though, so you can also just use ebony charm infinitely or whatever else the same way.
>>
>>53849908
Worm Harvest/Avenger token beats, or Landfall value, or Lord of Extinction beats.

Alternatively Dakmor Salvage, Skirge Familiar, Gitgud, and Exsanguinate will just combo off, if you want to be a weenie.
>>
Is there a combo that generates infinite artifacts? like memnites or something
>>
>>53850127
Myr propagator
>>
>>53850127
Any artifact creature that makes 2 additional bodies or more + ironworks / ashnods altar + nim deathmantle
>>
>>53850127
Thopter Foundry, Sword of the Meek, and Ashnod's Altar. It's also infinite life and colorless mana.
>>
>>53850127
Tireless Tracker + March of the Machines + Xenograft + Life and Limb

Each Clue enters the battlefield as a 1/1 green Artifact Creature Land - Clue Saproling Forest, triggering Tireless Tracker to put another one.

Myr Turbine + Parallel Lives/Doubling Season/Anointed Procession + Clock of Omens

Myr Turbine + March of the Machines + Intruder Alarm

Pentavus + Ashnod's Altar + Token Doubler

Summoning Station + Token Doubler + Sac outlet

There are a lot more, but you get the idea.
>>
>>53845314

>vs azami
>t1 sol ring, greaves
>t2 grenzo, hit azami player
>lab maniac exiled

Apparently that's the only wincon he had
>>
File: nissagenesismage.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nissagenesismage.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
>[-10]: Look at the top ten cards of your library. >You may put any number of creature and/or land cards from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
>>
>>53850540
wtf is a genesis mage
>>
>>53850540
Actually playable in Ezuri/Selvala. That creature untapping is fairly relevant.
>>
>>53850600
One who casts 10 card deep creature/land-only genesis wave, apparently.

In seriousness, it'd probably refer to a mage who generates life even in a dead area like Amonkhet.
>>
>>53850540
>>53850626
Yeah she seems playable, if greedy, in an Elf deck. Untapping stuff like Priest of Titania and Gaea's Cradle will ramp hard.
>>
>>53850540
seems like a pretty bad card except for selvala like mentioned before
>>
>>53843049
>a strictly better Planar Cleansing but with shitty Bolas flavoring
I'm a little upset. My Karona boardwipe.dec managed to pack mostly flavor-agnostic wraths, and then they print this thing. Would it have killed them to do something like "2WWWW, costs WW less if 10 nonland permanents"?
>>
>>53850540
Maelstrom wanderer just made a new friend.
>>
>Anointed Procession is already at 5
>not even being played in standard

I guess this will never go below 5 again right?

Parallel Lives hasn't been reprint and it has been floating around 7.50-10 dollars for years.

Is it only at 5 because it is commander playable? This seems to be happening to almost all commander playable rares.
>>
>>53852097
Chances are that it won't go down, and even if it does, it'll only be a little. It's more likely to rise than anything.
>>
>>53839443
Prossh stax is pretty neat to make people mad. FC Prossh doesn't make people mad because well, can't really get mad if the game isn't long right?
>>
>>53852134
Man fuck the secondary market for artificial price inflation.

Anointed Procession is in a larger print run and is still being opened. There is no reason for it to be hitting 5 dollars already.
>>
>>53852303
No anon, it's you who are the retard.

>"Look, here's a functional reprint of a card that's $10, except it's colourshifted."
>"Fuck the secondary market, I should be able to get it for a haypenny and a handful of toothpicks."

I bought 80 of that shit as soon as it came out, and I'm going to sell them when they hit $12.50.
>>
File: dragon mage.jpg (23KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dragon mage.jpg
23KB, 223x310px
Any spicy red discard cards? Dragon Mage seems pretty titis, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else worthwhile.
>>
>>53852392
3 dollars is fine. I am against cards being hoarded and kept out of players hands to create an artificial scarcity especially if it is going to match the price of parallel lives within a year. Parallel lives price is justified. Not Anointed Procession.

This is like all those old shadowmoor/eventide wither cards suddenly going up in value. There are a shit ton of them and they weren't being played anywhere before hapatra was spoiled.
>>
>>53852502
Knollspire Dragon
>>
>>53852559
>Parallel lives price is justified. Not Anointed Procession.
But why? They're the exact same card, and a lot of the same decks use both, which is a fantastic boon to a certain popular singleton format. Not only that, but white decks that can't use parallel lives can use it, which offsets its lack of "green-ness".

All that aside, who cares? It was spoiled for $1.00, I wanted it, and so I got it. Why didn't you do the same? It takes 2 seconds to stay up to date if you know when prereleases are, and just look at the cards.

As to the wither cards going up in value, well no shit, particularly after this new scarab god commander was spoiled. They're incorporating the mechanic in a meaningful way, which makes them more desirable, thus more valuable. It's not dickish, if you wanted it, get it when it comes out, or whenever you decide you want it. That's not the same thing as the LED buyout whatsoever.
>>
File: 144[1].jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
144[1].jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>53852502
Shocker and Barbed Shocker

It seems like nobody knows about these creatures but they go well in decks that want to Wheel people.
>>
>>53852661
I think his complaint is that Annointed Procession is a card that had a large print run and is still being opened because there's no short supply of Amonkhet packs. He thinks that because it's so recent there shouldn't be any kind of inflation because it's easy to get your hands on.
>>
>>53852708
Also, I love the flavor text here because when I play a Shocker I often ask people if they want to get shocked and hit people that want new hands.
>>
>>53852502
Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Cathartic Reunion, Collective Defiance, Key to the City
Wheel of Fortune, Wheel of Fate, Reforge the Soul
Magus of the Wheel, Dragon Mage, Runehorn Hellkite

My favorite secret tech for mono-red is Uba Mask, because why let anyone draw cards in the first place? Against control players it's the first thing I'll tutor for if I get an early Gamble.
>>
New Thread soon?
>>
>>53852715
There should be some inflation because there is demand for it from the commander format. I don't expect a good commander rare card to be a 50 cent card. But commander is a singleton format and not every deck is going to run a token based strategy.

My problems is that it is inflating so quickly that it might reach the same price of Parallel Lives, which does not have as high of a supply after 6 years, by the end of the year. It just appears to be purely artificial rather than the more natural price inflation of Parallel lives over the course of 6 years. When I bought Parallel Lives 3 years ago it was 7.50 and three years later it has only inflated slightly even with the lack of reprints of all the other doubling cards which usually drives the price up of alternatives.

Paradox Engine which is a significantly more powerful and flexible card in commander is only sitting at 6 dollars even at mythic rarity. That is to be expected for such a card. Anointed Procession just seems like some sleazy market manipulation like Blade of Selves a couple of years ago (which has finally crashed back down to 5 thankfully).

Commander is supposed to be an easily accessible format for casual players. This type of shit is just going to keep new players out when all the good commander cards are getting their price set to over 5 dollars artificially.
>>
>>53853893
Paradox Engine is a competitive combo card.

Annointed Procession (and Parallel Lives and Doubling Season) are casual cards. Casual players have a much larger effect on prices than tryhard EDH players.
>>
Okay, I've got a question involving free casting and alternative costs. Say I suspend a card with Jhoira, and after it comes off of suspend I get to cast it "without paying it's mana cost", can I cast that card for its awaken cost without paying the mana? I get that kicker and other additional costs still have to get their mana paid but I can't find a good ruling on alternative casting costs.
>>
>>53854439
Nope. You have to pay for the kicker or awaken cost.
>>
>>53853794
Go ahead anon, put us out of our misery
>>
>>53854838
I got you: >>53855092
>>
>>53855101
>forgot thread name
fuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>53855110
Deleted the thread, but I apparently can't make a new thread for 5 minutes. Someone else go ahead.
>>
>>53855130

Done

>>53855132
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.