[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 448
Thread images: 33

One anon correctly guessed his friend was posting and suddenly the thread derailed edition

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>53775452

First for plebbit something /pol/ safe space something

Female marines
>>
>>53775452
Second for Chaos.
>>
Third for Crusaders
>>
so now that we've had the leaks for 8th out for a while is there anything we haven't shitpos- i mean discussed in depth?
>>
Thinking of starting a new Admech army. What are they supposed to use for melee? Infiltrators? Priests? Dragoons?
>>
>>53775537
So, will we see Riptides replaced by Xv 107s and 109s?
Will FW make a killing off Tau players?
>>
>>53775502
Dakkadakka is still up, reddit ate most forums. Most of the forums are about as bad as the 40kg or worse.
>>
>>53775569

If the Riptidefags don't ditch Tau, which they are doing as evidenced by the more than a few auctions for multiple unpainted Riptides and other Tau collections, they'd have to buy the Y'Vahra.
>>
>>53775510
Speaking of, tried to clean the list a bit:
2x Stormtrooper Vanguard - 353 each
Tempestor Prime - 45
Command Rod, Axe

2x Command Squad - 128
4x Plasma

Command Squad
4x HSVG

Commissar - 34
Sword

Taurox Prime - 96
2x HSVG, Gatling Cannon

Rough Riders - 50
Ministorum/Scion Vanguard - 1144

3x 4-man Crusader Squads - (204)

Priest - 57
Eviscerator

2x Sororitas Rhino - (154)

Tempestor Prime - 40
Command Rod

Command Squad - 72
4x HSVG

2x Scion Squad - 136
2x HSVG

Leman Russ
+these guys in the Ministorum Vanguard (accounted for in the 1144 pts for that detachment)

Long Fangs - 172
4x Plasma Cannon
Plasma Gun

Dev Squad - 177
4x Grav Cannon
2 Tempestors dropping in with Plasma Command squads, or riding up in tauroxes with the Commissars. Tempestor with an HSVG Command Squad and 2x HSVG 5 man squads camping objectives

Leman Russ either plinking things from the back or being a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX in the middle.

Rough Riders flanking.

Crusaders, Priest, Inquisitor and Acolytes in 2 Rhinos.

Devastators sitting in ruins midfield and also camping objectives, but shooting armor and heavy things instead of infantry.

Would it blend, /40kg/?
>>
File: 2017-06-12 22.45.34.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-12 22.45.34.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
would you care about kanz being on 50mm bases? I think it looks better and is more fitting than them being on the same bases as deff dreads
>>
File: Fallen.jpg (285KB, 656x549px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen.jpg
285KB, 656x549px
So what could we expect with the fallen as a seperate army?
>>
Having a hard time deciding on what I'm going to roll for my first space wolf army list. Play group is going to start with a few 1000 point games to try stuff out first. I wish I had more bikers as they seem pretty damn strong this edition, but current models available are infantry heavy. Might resort to mass bloodclaw drop pods with some grey hunters huffing it / rhinos. Anyone field test the army yet or have some solid papercraft theories on ideas?
>>
>>53775696
cypher going hard
>>
>>53775570
>Tfw all those little faction specific forums gone forever, swallowed up by leddit

I hate forums, but still feels bad man.
>>
Reading up on the 8e rulebook. Can you now charge after firing a Rapid Fire or Heavy Weapon?
I don't see anything in the weapon type rules, movement, or charging rules that say anything about it which makes me think you can but I could always be wrong. Am I missing something here?

>>53775663
Not really now that base sizes mean jack shit.
>>
File: cypher.jpg (101KB, 692x469px) Image search: [Google]
cypher.jpg
101KB, 692x469px
>>53775696
Serious question, if I name my vanilla marine chapter 'Fallen' can I legit make a Fallen army with Cypher as the warlord?
>>
>>53775736
yes, everything can charge anything
>>
File: 1493908221539.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493908221539.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>53775774
Except things that have advanced and don't have a rule that allows them to despite having done, right?
Is there a list of those anywhere?

Why the fuck does running bar charging anyway? It seems like such a fucking annoying nerf for melee-focussed footslogging armies.
>>
I like both IG and GK, how bad would it be to collect some knights and field both this edition? Thinking of <900 points worth of GK allies:
Draigo
Brotherhood Ancient w/ 1 Nemesis Falchion
Apothecary
4 x Strike Squads w/ 5 x 2 Nemesis Falchions
>>
power level > matched play
>>
>>53775835
Constructive discussion > Your shitpost
>>
>>53775762
short answer is no

long answer is: fallen is a faction, not a chapter.

Just because you name your faction Tyranids doesn't mean the swarmlord will fight with you.

In open play you can do whatever your opponent allows you to do
>>
>>53775762

You can just take Fallen as troops since they're Imperium and take marine toys as well. No shenanigans required
>>
>>53775822
Interceptors probably still better than strike squads.

Terminators probably good melee punch this time around.

Dreadknights got nerfed.

Dreadnoughts got buffed.

That's basically it.
>>
>>53775814
in my opinion, it's because it leads to excessively large threat bubble when compared to shooting ranges. This is already shaping up to be a pretty viable edition for melee with delivery methods getting better, melee armies don't need another +d6 stacked on top of their potential threat range.
It's a gameplay over realism decision, even though it's a little janky.

It's this weird dichotomy where if it's a ranged vs melee match up only one side gets to really deal damage at a time if both armies move as one. Which makes sense but leaves games without both players playing well (kiting, bubble wrapping, selectively varying advances, target priority, a variety of delivery methods etc.) feeling one sided.

I'd also argue something along the lines of objective based missions forcing shooting armies to move forward to deal with melee armies at closer range means that melee threat range bubbles shouldn't get too big for the majority of armies.

I dunno, this could all be rubbish and I have no real idea what I'm talking about.
>>
"Models that charged this turn can only target units that they charged in the previous phase."

So...yeah you can charge one unit, move your models up to 1" towards a second nearby unit and then pile in into them as well, thus preventing that second unit from firing overwatch, but you can't attack it during the fight phase, because you did not declare a charge against that second unit.

Okay.
>>
>>53775607
where are all these unpainted riptides, not on my ebay
are waacfags a us thing?
>>
File: fuck the tau.jpg (55KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the tau.jpg
55KB, 500x657px
>>53775998
fuck the tau and shooting, this is space fantasy
>>
>>53775885
So, so long as all the models have 'Imperium' key word in their faction keywords you can include them in the same detachment?
>>
>>53776058
yeah, it makes an IMPERIUM detachment, which means you don't get cool things which don't exist yet, the closest thing is the chaos rules.

So a <WORLD EATERS> legion can include zerkers as a troop choice, but you can't have any fallen in the detachment.

If it's a CHAOS detachment then zerkers are elites but you can include fallen
>>
>>53776122
This isn't true.

In order to field Khorne Berserkers as a troop choice, they must have the World Eaters keyword.

This doesn't stop you from fielding Fallen, other Legions, or other Chaos in general in the same detachment.
>>
>>53776049
>literally type in "tau riptide" without quotes
>dozens of unpainted/primer only riptides for sale and already sold
>>
>>53776164
yes it does, the entire detachment must be <World Eaters>
>>
Looking to get into 40k with 8th

Are Wulfen a good unit for space wolves? I've got an iron priest and some sniper scouts so far and I was going to pick up some Wulfen.
>>
>>53776187
Page number and paragraph.
>>
anybody play with shooty terminators yet? They seem better than assault termies now
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-13-02-29-09.png (326KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-13-02-29-09.png
326KB, 720x1152px
>>53776049
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=raubriptide&_nkw=tau+riptide&_sop=15&_pgn=2
>>
>>53776204

They were pretty good in 7E, but worse than TWC. In 8E, if you give them hammers and shields they'll have the power to take down huge and dangerous vehicles like Knights while keeping that even-more-valuable this edition 3++. I don't know how good the non-shield loadouts are.
>>
>>53776172
anon said auctions for multiple unpainted riptides

you can type in anything 40k related and find auctions for dozens of individual models, does that mean everyone is dumping every army?
>>
>>53776227
Look at the pic a few posts up. One of the Riptides has a (RT5) marker lol
>>
Hey with this new shit coming out it seems like a good time to get into this game, right? I want to pre order one of these starter collections which one should I pick? I am thinking either the Orks or the Nurgle demons because they looks cool.
>>
>>53776227

There's 5 Riptides from the same owner sold.
>>
>>53776220
Sorry what unit is TWC? I've come from Shadow war armageddon; new to table top.
>>
>>53776227
>>53776049

You have no fucking idea how to navigate eBay/judge seller history. You should probably get good before talking shit. You probably suck at Google to and just ask everything on /tg/.

Oh look, you already did.
>>
>>53776208
Shooty terminators have the volume of fire to take on hordes, but without stormshields get absolutely demolished by genestealers. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>53776250

Thunderwolf Cavalry. Basic infantry and their carried weapons are a lot better in 8E so your scouts and regular SW should be at least desirable even if they're not the best.
>>
>>53776239
>Hey with this new shit coming out it seems like a good time to get into this game, right?
For the first time in a long time, I don't feel bad trying to get people to play. Basically, yes.

>I want to pre order one of these starter collections which one should I pick?
There's only a dozen of them.

>I am thinking either the Orks or the Nurgle demons because they looks cool.

Orks are great now in general, but you'll be spending a lot of money on Boyz. People have a lot of fun with Orks in general.

Nurgle is getting friends, soon and you can also split an 8th starter box with someone.

I would say Nurgle, but you do you. Flip a coin and you'll know which one you want.
>>
I currently have a tac marine squad equipped with plasma weapon, should I equip them with a heavy? And so what?
>>
>>53776316
Plasma cannon or grav cannon.
>>
>>53776316

Heavy weapons are actually good now since their accuracy is higher when moving, can fire at separate targets, and all of them had their stats changed/buffed/targets nerfed.

I'd say all the heavy weapons are good but the best ones are probably the GC, LC, and ML.
>>
>>53776239
I can't say I like the start collecting box of the orks very much. And I say that as an ork player.
Especially now that the painboy isn't even an HQ model anymore.
>>
>>53776331
Missile launchers are objectively the worst heavy weapon. They're worse than plasma cannons and grav cannons in every role.
>>
>>53776298
I should probably read up on this shit but uh there's a lot to read. Can you mix and match all the demons in an army or do you have to stick with like just Nurgle or just Khorne?
>>
>>53776362
You can do both. Right now it really doesn't matter, but in the near/far future when the codicies drop you may get an advantage if you stick to a single god.
I run Tzeentch with Nurgle cause I love them both equally.
>>
>>53776272
Thank you Anon
>>
>>53776350
Proof?
>>
>>53776298
>For the first time in a long time, I don't feel bad trying to get people to play. Basically, yes

I know the feeling. There was one guy at our club who started playing in the middle of 7th as nids because he really loved the army, only to find out how garbage they were. I'm trying to convince him to try again in 8th. Same for like 4 or 5 other guys. This could save our play group.
>>
File: IMG_20170612_234441.jpg (191KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170612_234441.jpg
191KB, 680x907px
First of a new batch of CSM I bought. No wash or highlights yet.
C&C? Couldn't find the mini paint thread.
>>
>>53775998
Yep. Gunline armies will need screening units, or at least proper spacing, to mitigate the firepower lost to pile-ins and consolidation.
>>
>>53776421
Maybe go over the red areas one more time, I can see the primer showing through in a few spots, like his shoulder pad.
After that, just slap a wash and some highlights on that guy and he'll look great.
>>
>>53776400
Missile launcher vs grav cannon:

ML is 25 points, grav is 28

Vs GEQ, a frag missile gets 3.5 shots, 2.3 hits, 1.5 wounds, 1 unsaved wounds.
Grav cannon gets 4 shots, 2.6 hits, 1.7 unsaved wounds.

Vs MEQ: Frag missile gets 3.5 shots, 2.3 hits, 1.15 wounds, 0.38 unsaved wounds.
Krak missile gets 0.666 hits, 0.55 wounds, 0.36 unsaved wounds at d6 damage.

Grav cannon gets 4 shots, 2.6 hits, 1.7 wounds, 1.4 unsaved wounds at d3 damage.

Missile launcher vs Rhino

Krak missile gets .66 hits, 0.4 wounds, 0.29 unsaved wounds at d6 damage (1 damage average)
Grav cannon gets 4 shots, 2.66 hits, 0.88 wounds, 0.7 unsaved wounds at d3 damage (1.47 average damage)

Do I need to do plasma too?
>>
>>53776298
>>53776419
Tyranids look the coolest but they're the only starter set that's sold out. Just my luck.
>>
>>53776432
Yeah, but my point was, that you can't actually attack that unit you piled in into during that round.
So you either risk overwatch but be able to attack that second unit, or simply pile up into it, having said unit attack you without being able to fight back.
Though you do get the benefit of having this unit either stick into cc or have to fall back and not do diddly the next round.
>>
>>53776454
>3 points less
>longer range
>barely worse against infantry
>doesn't account for samples where you roll high repeatedly

You must be the reason people hate mathhammer users.
>>
>>53775895
Thanks. 4ppm more for double Move does sound better despite me wanting to mass up on D3 damage attacks and Storm Bolters for less points. I'm guessing Falchions are still good?
>>
>>53776298
>Orks are great now in general, but you'll be spending a lot of money on Boyz.
Is it a bad time to be more into them for the rolling junkyards they call trucks and tanks?
>>
>>53776490
I'll do plasma. 21 points vs missiles 25

Plasma vs GEQ: 1.1 unsaved wounds
Plasma vs MEQ: .73 unsaved wounds, or 0.91 if overcharging

Plasma vs rhino: 0.54 damage, or 1.4 if overcharging.

Keep a captain nearby to reroll 1s.

It does account for it. That's why it's called an average, dipshit. You're as likely to roll low repeatedly as you are to roll high repeatedly.

I could also say that the grav rolls nothing but 3s for damage and 6s to wound, in which case it can do 12 damage to the missile's 6.
>>
>>53776511
Trukks are not that good now.
Tanks are maybe, wait for FW release.
Big stompy mecha is a must get though, comrad.
>>
>>53776461
You're honestly not missing much without it. Sure, the reduced price on the Tyrant and the warriors isn't bad, but you're hardly going to be using them in 8th. As a starter set, it's not quite worth it if you plan on building up a nid collection. The swarm box is a better purchase for that, and comes with much more useful models as well.
>>
>>53776511
Battlewagons with Deffrollas are awesome now.
>>
File: 1288126109570.jpg (19KB, 123x127px) Image search: [Google]
1288126109570.jpg
19KB, 123x127px
>>53776490
>>
>>53776490
I don't know if a 70% damage increase for a grav vs frag missiles when targeting GEQ, or a nearly 4 fold improvement vs MEQ is "barely worse" against infantry. Sounds to me you don't know what numbers are.
>>
Conscript spammers can't beat a full unit of genestealers charging an objective.
>>
>>53776511
no, honestly it seems like a great time to be into trukks. They're better at getting the lads around, don't worry about difficult/dangerous terrain anymore, are tougher overall, and far less likely to murder their passengers when they die.

Dreads and kans seem a lot nicer too than they were. Especially nice that you can have a mek bash stuff back together and hide in their midst with a KFF.
>>
>>53776421
Good stuff, perhaps give the bolt pistol some more love, good bolters really sell models imo.
>>
>>53776544
>talking about average
>not spikes

The same logic applies to rolling poorly
>>
>>53776552
Like. Consider for a moment.

It takes 100 points of missile launchers to match the output of 28 points of grav cannons against tactical marines. And somehow missiles are "barely worse".
>>
Is it worth it to ever give Rough Riders special weapons? Or are hunting lances best?
>>
>>53776485
Yep, it's a trade-off. It'll be a good strategy against units with good firepower but poor melee, so you can skip their overwatch, eat their melee attacks without much issue, and still force them to lose a turn of shooting.
>>
People claiming elsewhere there is a FAQ coming for 8th that'll nerf conscripts. Based of dialogue with official playtesters

Figured it was important to mention it here, given the sheer magnitude of conscript angst present
>>
>>53776187
Still waiting on a citation.
>>
>>53776511
Trukks are fine, just more expensive than before. They seem to be more suited for moving around your elite squads than regular boyz.
I was toying with a "kult of speed" list that's just burnas, tankbustas, nobs, and a few buff characters rolling around in trukks. Seems like it could be pretty brutal.
>>
>>53776609
You just made that up.
>>
>>53776609
I don't give a shit about conscripts, I care about genestealers. They will pacman through your whole army and there isn't shit you can do about it.
>>
50 Power List 1 Inquisitor, maybe in Terminator armour
X acolytes, to make up the power 3 units of 5 Custodians
>>
>>53776609
Mostly the angst is related to any meme spammer. Rational people can see that conscripts are good, but not "take 500 and call it a list" good.

True guard fans don't like people hyping their codex into taudar levels of grief on the basis of a list that no rational person will ever take.
>>
>>53776622
What if you shot them with guns?
>>
>>53776618

I'm quoting users on Dakka.
So whether the person is making crap up about playtester remarks remains to be seen.

Supposedly not that far off the FAQ, so we'll see
>>
You think its worth giving scion command squads medipacks if you arent planning on using them as suicide droppers (3 HSVG+ medipack for objective holding and heals)
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 1412x984px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 1412x984px
>>53776611
Here
>>
>>53776630
Good luck. I'm behind a venomthrope and the Horror.
>>
>>53776630
They can deep strike, or they can move 8 + run + charge about 20 inches. And with 5+ invuln saves they can take some fire. And they'll probably have catalyst on them. If they lose 5 or 6 on the way in they still get 60 fucking attacks that hit on 2+ and rend.
>>
>>53776641
OH BOYY SWEET (macha asssssssss)
>>
>>53776645
>tabs
nice
>>
>>53776647
If you're hiding behind a venomthrope then all I have to fear is the mighty genestealer ranged attack.

I think I'll live
>>
>>53776658
wrong post
>>
>>53776663
Well, by behind, I mean daisy chained into one.

You've still got to worry about claws.
>>
In theory, for the role of long range anti tank, isn't the krak missile still the most ideal choice per points? Most vehicle armor seems to be T7 and S8 nets you 2+ to wound against T4 - lascannons really only seem better at hurting the rarer T8 vehicle.

Then as far as causing damage goes, aren't the high damage low shot weapons more economical to use in concert with command points? Ex: you can use your command re roll on your 1 to wound roll for the krak shot but only on 1 of your to wound rolls for the grav cannon?

Either way, the new long fangs excite me.
>>
Are Ogryn even worth taking in 8th considering Bullgryns are only 5 points more expensive up to 9 with the obligatory power mauls?
>>
>>53776682
Grav cannons do more damage than krak missiles do against T7 and T8 vehicles. Lascannons have better AP than lascannons and are better against T8 vehicles, which are not rare. Krak missiles are garbage.
>>
>>53776684
I don't think so, sadly. The ripper guns are just so meh. That they aren't also used as melee weapons feels like an oversight.
>>
>>53776697
Also, if going "per points" missiles cost the same as lascannons.
>>
>>53776552
>>53776566

Because you can't have half a wound in 40k idiot
>>
>>53776721
You get 4 grav cannons in a devastator squad. 1.5 wounds each means 6 total.

Learn what numbers are you fucking mongoloid.
>>
It fucking enrages me that people still play Tau in 8th or want to. Just seeing the 8th ed Tau "strategies" thread pissed me off. Maybe I'm too competitive but goddamn scrubs.
>>
File: bizarro_world.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
bizarro_world.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>53776709
>>holy crap they're really both 25 points now
>>and the multi melta is more expensive than both of them
>>
Sisters of Battle - 2000pts
Brigade 6CP

>HQ
Cannoness w/Maul and CMelta
Cannoness w/CMelta

>Elite
Imagrifier

>Troop
Battle Sisters x5 w/Melta x2, CMelta
Immolator w/Immolation Flamer

>Fast
Dominions x5 w/Flamer x4, CFlamer

Seraphim x10 w/Inferno Pistol x4

>Heavy
Retributers x10 w/Heavy Bolter x4

Retributers x5 w/Heavy Flamer x4, CFlamer

>Dedicated Transport
Immolator w/Twin Heavy Bolter
Immolator w/Twin Heavy Bolter
>>
File: 1484998904604.jpg (45KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484998904604.jpg
45KB, 449x600px
Could the mouth breathing, Tau playing retard that doesn't understand averages please leave?
>>
>>53776566

Consider for a moment.

You get entire extra turns of shooting due to GC being out of range.

GC can't even shoot until it's in danger range of being charged and obliterated in Melee Edition: the Meleening

Mathhammer says a single Riptide is practically unkillable "on average" yet they drop constantly in competitive play

Far better competitive players and TOs than you have already done extensive playtesting and have stated MLs are just fine and aren't auto-drop in favor of GCs
>>
>>53776622
Genestealers are 12ppm and no tougher than Ork Boyz behind a kustom force field, have no ranged weapons, and their support elements are extremely expensive compared to those of conscripts. I've already watched them get demolished vs IG in several games.
>>
>>53776701
I already have 3 of each Bullgryn variant from 7th and just had another 6 arrive in the mail. Im probably going to build them as Ogryn anyway just cause I love the aesthetic. Plus 180p vs 234p for 18W at T5 isnt soooooo bad even if its a 5+ save vs 2+...
>>
>>53776738
You can't deal "one and a half" wounds.
>>
>>53775705
Drop Pods got more expensive, and melta-striking got nerfed as you can't disembark within the 9". I'm thinking a Dev squad with Multi-meltas or Grav Cannons.
>>
>>53776761
It's an average you idiot.
>>
DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR
>>
>>53776766

Averages don't mean shit in a sample size that small.
>>
>>53776759
it's not really their survivability that bothers me, it's their lame damage output.

But - I totally agree with you on the aesthetic.
>>
>>53776761
It means half the time you deal 1 and half the time you deal 2. That is what this means. Please go back to school.

>>53776754

We have deployments where armies can literally start 18 inches apart and you can shoot heavy weapons after moving now but somehow 24 inch grav cannons are totally out of range.

>>53776755
Ork boyz don't charge you from 20 inches away. Or deep strike with a trygon prime.
>>
>>53776746

What army do you play?
>>
>>53776766
That's the whole point. An average is meaningless on the table. Your little plastic man isn't going to deal 0.336 unsaved wounds in a round of shooting.
>>
>>53776772
What sample size do you think we're discussing?
>>
>>53776780
>It means half the time you deal 1 and half the time you deal 2. That is what this means. Please go back to school.

That's not how probability works, dumbass. Flipping two coins isn't going to give you one heads one tails every time. You're the retarded one who needs schooling right now. See: Gambler's Fallacy

QED Dunning-kruger
>>
Hey fa/tg/uys, I've been out of 40k since around the time of the Storm of Chaos fantasy campaign, can someone redpill me on what's changed lore-wise? I tried asking in the older general, but it seems to be manned only by autists arguing autistic things autistically.
>>
>>53776244
Hahahah suck shit to that WAAC poofter.
>>
>>53776761
On average, you will deal 1.5 wounds. If you couldn't factor fractions of wounds into averages hardly any weapon would be capable of doing anything at all, because one shot with it deals less than 1 wound on average. So you add up all the fractions and then round at the end. Sure, one dude isn't going to cause say, 0.330 wounds per shooting phase, but that lets you say "I need roughly 3 guys per wound" and get a decent idea of expected damage output.
>>
>>53776792
I don't remember saying anything about a sample size of 2, that's weird.
>>
>>53776792
this gon b gud.

Enlighten us kid, how DOES it work?
>>
>>53776779
Bullgryns should have taken a hit like reduced movement for carrying a slabshield. That or made the saves 3+ for slab and 5++ for brute. That wouldnt have made vanilla Ogryns as lackluster. Also a FnP for their sheer size and mental capacity to shrug off pain would have made sense.
>>
>>53776798
abbadon fucked up cadia

Big ass chaos storm ripped the galaxy in half from the eye of terror to the other side out where tau are

the ultramarines guy woke up from his tube thing and made some bigger stronger space marines with primarch dna called primaris marines

everything else is p much the same i think
>>
>>53776780
>Ork boyz don't charge you from 20 inches away.
They can also run+charge and unlike genestealers they re-roll charge distances, they will consistently get to you from around 17" away.

Stuff charging from deep strike has less than a 30% chance to make it in and all you have to do is screen with chaff to absorb the charge, fall back with any survivors and let everything else shoot them next turn.

Stop being bad.
>>
>>53776805
Oh, so you were saying "half the time" you always deal 1 wound, always, and the other "half the time" you always deal 2 wounds, always.

You never miss, or deal 0 wounds, huh? Yeah.

Go back to school, dipshit.
>>
>>53776798
Girlyman is back. Chaos killed Cadia and tore open a warp asshole. Girlyman called a new crusade. New marines made by a giant (literally, dudes huge) egomaniacal, autistic basementdweller are doing stuff. Its been a century since Cadia was destroyed.
>>
>>53776813
>Enlighten us kid, how DOES it work?

A coin flip is 50%, idiot. Just because you got heads the first time, the chance of getting tails on your second flip is still 50%. Holy shit, the post literally says "gambler's fallacy" and you were still too stupid to simply google that shit when you clearly don't even know what it is.

You're not guaranteed 2 wounds or tails on your second roll/flip just because you did 1 or got heads on your first one.
>>
>game has 3 phases where you can do damage
>create army that only attacks in one of these phases and try and balance them

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>53776590
As always, depends what you're using them for. I probably would, just to increase their threat by another dimension. Probably give them Melta and go tank hunting. Or plasma and go after heavy infantry.
>>
>>53776816
Try playing an actual game and seeing what that "less than 30%" means when you get to use a command point to reroll your lowest charge dice.

>>53776818
>You never miss, or deal 0 wounds, huh? Yeah.

Please try quoting where I said that. I'd be quite interested!

>>53776827
Please try quoting where anyone suggested that the probability of one coin flip affects the probability of the second.
>>
>>53776813
>overconfident mathhammerfags who never played a single game of 8E BTFO themselves by thinking they have a 100% chance to get 1 heads and 1 tails out of 2 coin flips
>>
So as someone that started playing in 2nd ed. had his hightide with 3rd edition (Black Templars) and lost gruadually interest till I ditched 40k in 5th edition.

How is 8th edition compared to 3rd edition?

What is the genreal opinion of the new edition and why?
>>
>>53776827
You literally are too retarded to breathe. How the fuck are you even able to use a computer? Christ, do your parents or your tardwrangler know what you're up to?
>>
Let's discuss genestealers. Both variants (cults and nids) can get a 2+ hit rerolling 1s on 4 attacks per model. Both variants can advance and charge in the same turn with no penalty. Is there any unit in the game that can match up to a full brood of genestealers? I don't think so. Bow down to your nid overlords.

>>53776830
The game has 4 phases where you can deal damage.
>>
>>53776841
>HURR I NEVER SAID THAT
>PLEASE QUOTE PLEASE QUOTE I NEVER SAID THAT

>It means half the time you deal 1 and half the time you deal 2.

lol

As if there are no times where you'd deal 0 and 1, or 1 and 1, or 0 and 2.
>>
>>53776815
>>53776819

Jesus Fuck. Are these new swole marines playable or what?
>>
>>53776845
>gets completely BTFO
>no response
>y-y-y-y-you're so stupid!

I'm going to flip a coin. On heads, you were wrecked. On tales, you were wrecked. Wonder what your chances are? Care to use a command point to re-flip?
>>
>>53776856
>As if there are no times where you'd deal 0 and 1
>From 2 flips

Wait, like if you lose a coin down a drain or something?
>>
>>53776843
Some elements are too dumbed down but mostly it's made things simpler and better.

I'm a mongoloid and even I get it.
>>
>>53776859
Yeah they're new units that are outfitted differently than regular tacs. More like legion organization with a focus on squad specialization (rifleman squads, plasma squads etc)
>>
>>53776869
>not dropping valuable vintage coins down exotic storm drains while laughing

Poorfags
>>
I'm reminded of the time when someone argued for a while that you couldn't take the average of a D6.

Someone says and continues to be dumb, and a crowd of people that just won't stop replying.
>>
>>53776856
It's impossible to deal 0 damage with an unsaved wound. This is just discussing unsaved wounds.
>>
Jesus fuck
>averages are a decent way to get a general idea of approximately what you can expect from a unit
>probability is more useful for figuring out the likelihood of different scenarios playing out favorably while playing
They're both useful you gaggle of autists, now can we put this dumb discussion to rest?
>>
File: 1444949924795.jpg (53KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1444949924795.jpg
53KB, 500x479px
>>53776842
>after looking like a complete moron, Anon decided to go and attack some straw men

Keep going, little buddy. If your next post is 'merely pretending' you'll have a hat-trick.
>>
>>53776819
>giant (literally, dudes huge) egomaniacal, autistic basementdweller

So, the Emperor, then? ;)
Cawl is also pretty cool just by dint of not giving a single fuck about anything. Ork Invasion? Primarch irritating him? Being forced to go ship-to-ship with the Planet Killer? Cawl will maintain his awesome tone of voice while quietly getting shit done while everyone else enters WWE M42 for meaningless character duels and wank.

Also, he shows more emotion than anyone else and actually has a decent bit of character development that doesn't seem forced in the Rise of a Primarch trailer, which means the guy that's only technically not a robot is the most human. Hot DAMN that's bad writing.

>I.... have failed....
>>
>>53776841
>Try playing an actual game and seeing what that "less than 30%" means when you get to use a command point to reroll your lowest charge dice.
They get ONE re-roll in the whole charge phase, and it's still less than 50% chance and they get overwatched for even attempting, and again, all you have to do is screen your important units and pull back the chaff in the following turn.

Genestealers literally die to guardsmen with proper tactics and positioning.
>>
>>53776895
That's because guardsmen have the benefit of numbers.

My space marines which have like 30 dudes when the tyranid player has 150? There's only so much positioning and pulling back you can do.
>>
>>53776892
I didnt say he wasnt a good character, in dark imperium he and Guilliman are pretty good, but he is a giant autist.
>>
>>53776895
They do get overwatched from attempting.

Unless the tyranid player dedicated one of their 40 point termagant units to charge first. It literally doesn't matter if 9 of them die as long as 1 of them doesn't.
>>
>>53776883
>Not pouring precious-metal coins with inherent value down mineshafts.

Nouveau richefags.
>>
>>53776854
>Both variants (cults and nids) can get a 2+ hit rerolling 1s on 4 attacks per model.
They cannot use their rending claws if they do this, and require a 150+ point character nearby for the hit buff. They're good but they ain't broken. Ork slugga boyz beat them in combat point for point.
>>
File: 1491585305200.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491585305200.gif
2MB, 480x320px
>>53776749

>7 immolators that can advance and shoot without penalty while not caring about shooting penalties from damage
>mfw
>>
>>53776495
Falchions are really good. The halberds could be interesting combined with the new Hammerhand as they mean you'll wound all veichles on 4s and infantry on 2s with them but 1 extra attack is always good.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 388x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 388x669px
>Genestealers literally die to guardsmen with proper tactics and positioning.

You'd hope so.
>>
>>53776385
You mean hate them both equally, if you run two hated factions together.
>>
>>53776892
Who the fuck are Cawl and the Planet Killer? Do you mean Abaddon's Planet Killer?
>>
>>53776866
>idiot being an idiot

I'd insult you with a clever image, but I doubt you'd understand it.
>>
>>53776937
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Belisarius_Cawl
>>
>>53776919
Slugga boyz and genestealers have different targets.

Genestealers will utterly destroy shit like terminators, custodes, and dreadnoughts without breaking a sweat. If they don't have storm shields they'll eat overwatch and wipe a unit. Their rending claws are for tearing apart anything that's armored. Who gives a shit if boyz can beat them?

As a space marine player, I fear genestealers because they ignore armor and orks don't. You're looking at 6-10 rending wounds from a genestealer unit.
>>
>>53776937
>spoonfeed me more pls
>>
>>53776937
Cawl is the guy who has the sweetest model out of any tech priest.
>>
File: 1490562010831.gif (98KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1490562010831.gif
98KB, 500x375px
>>53776955
>tfw SoB player and don't have anyone to split box with because no one plays admech here
>>
>>53776949
>As a space marine player, I fear genestealers

So much for ATSKNF
>>
>>53775452
At 280 points, the Y'varha is just too expensive for practical play.
>>
>>53776904
Use scouts to screen, take more heavy bolters, Librarians can counter their buff/debuff powers and have a debuff that shuts off their invuln save, use terrain to slow down their charges, this isn't rocket surgery anon.
>>
>>53776984
But we don't have a point cost for it
And 280 pts for it would be a big steal
>>
>>53776912
Course he's an autist, he's Admech and an Archmagos. They're all like that one way or another. Still best character, he's a really good start to Named Characters for the Admech.

>>53776937
Oh yeah, the Adeptus Mechanicus are a proper army now with good rules and exceedingly sexy models.

Belisarius Cawl is one of the new characters and IMO the only good one. He's old enough to have fought in the Heresy, and after it Guilliman gave him a job to make new and better Marines and weapons for them, so he did (while being reclusive by Admech standards). He built a special suit that rezzed Guillinan from poison and stasis, so currently he's the only guy with a negative Primarch killcount. He was there at the Fall of Cadia, where he nearly managed to close the Eye of Terror until Abbadon smashed a Blackstone Fortress into it. He fled aboard his Ark Mechanicus and fought Abbadon's Planet Killer and a bunch of other Chaos ships to escape.

Otherwise, read wiki, guy's done quite a lot of shit since January.
>>
>>53776919
You get to choose the rending claws if that's more effective. Scything Talons have 0 point cost, so you might as well take them. The broodlord is worth the points too.
>>
>>53776951
Yeah. Trying to get back into the hobby and don't know where to start.

>>53776955
>>53776942

Fuck-a-duck. Guy seems kickass. Are there any novels/short stories you'd recommend to get a good dose of him?
>>
>>53776990
How many heavy bolters should I be taking?

Because each heavy bolter averages maybe 1 genestealer a turn if they don't cast catalyst on it.

Also shadow in the warp and deny the witch means that my librarian often isn't casting shit.

Also most terrain doesn't slow anymore.
>>
>>53776051
>Someone saved my meme
I am not worthy of such honour.
>>
>>53776949
You're supposed to fear them, anon, that's kind of the point of genestealers. They are the elite of the elite CC units. Welcome to 2nd edition.

They're also glass hammers that die pretty easily, and it's a lot harder to get them proper cover in this edition.
>>
>>53777008
>Also most terrain doesn't slow anymore.
There are three types of terrain that do and if you're regularly playing against assault oriented armies like nids then you should probably invest in some for your table, it's only fair.
>>
>>53775998
You can also multicharge both units, and then you're free to attack both units.
>>
>>53777001
He's only been around since January, not a lot of lore yet. You'll probably get the most out of him by reading Fall of Cadia and watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMCTbIH924k

Other than that he's in the new Dark Imperium novel though he's not the main focus as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>53777012
>elite of the elite cc
>troop slot that costs less than tactical marines

They're T4 with 5+ invuln saves and access to 5+ feel no pain, that's not exactly the least durable thing out there.
>>
>>53777001
He's only in the new Gathering Storm books and the new Dark Imperium novel, but I'd recommend reading Fall of Cadia first to get an idea of the fluff changes as well as Cawl, and also watching the Rise of a Primarch trailer for his sexy sexy dalek voice before reading the novel.

He's also a bit of a Heretek, to the point he wants to be Fabricator General but Guilliman won't let him because it would cause a fucking Schism civil war right up.
>>
Is the fly keyword ever defined in a centralized place?
>>
Is it just me or is hype for 8th dying / almost totally dead?

Is it because we have all the rules, all the books, this has been dragging out since March?
>>
>>53776622
Watch the miniwargaming batrep, Nids verse guard, then come back here with your bullshit sky is falling crap.
>>
>>53777040
You can't take power level games seriously though.
>>
>>53777012
Man, I remember in 2nd when terminators had a 2+(?) on 2d6 save and Genestealers were still absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>53777024
Cheers brother, I'll bookmark that and read it after the wedding.
>>
>>53777035
No, because it only ever applies in other rules.
>>
>>53777037
dying down just a bit due to leaks but still a lot of energy I'd say
>>
>>53777060
So can flying models move over other models?
>>
>>53777037

My group is so on the hype train we keep forgetting we can't play it at WHW yet (I got kicked out a week ago). We've all got multiple 1000 and 2000 point lists ready and some have even taken Monday off work to play all weekend
>>
>>53777037
It's hard to be hyped, it's not technically launched get but realistically it's been out for weeks. Everyone's settling in to the new rules and toying with ideas, not yelling about new stuff for now. Thread is nicely speedy now, I'm thinking it's actually kinda comfy apart from the Conscript Spam argument that's raging every minute of the day.
>>
>>53777037
It seems like there's still quite a bit of hype to me.

>>53777049
3+ on 2d6, yeah those were the days.

Lightning Claw Terminators going toe to toe with Genestealers was the shit.
>>
And honestly, genestealers have such a huge threat range that them being shot up isn't even an issue. When I've played tyranids in 8th, each time there's a spam of 40 point termagant squads to tie up anything that can threaten genestealers with shooting before sending them in.
>>
>>53777035
>>53777060
>>53777064
It is sort of defined since there is a mention of it in the movement rules. But beyond being able to fall back and act normally and moving over terrain/models (provided you don't stop on them) there isn't anything specifically defined.
>>
>>53777064
Yes, as per the Movement Phase rules in the core.
>>
File: 123.jpg (869KB, 1316x2056px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
869KB, 1316x2056px
>>53777035

Just here really, if something effects fly it will say so in its own rules
>>
>hate using mandatory snowflake named characters
>celestine is literally the first plastic SoB that wasn't a tank
>beyond mandatory character
>didn't buy her when she came out because she was busted
>didnt even use my old one for the same reason
>still torn about it because I've wanted plastic sisters for 10 years now

Fuck me, right?
>>
>>53777001
Dark Imperium features him, sorta. It's also the novel you need to read to get in touch with the new fluff coming with 8th edition.
It's a decent read, but very obviously made to be the introduction to the new edition and all the changes it brings.
>>
>>53777081
>shitsters of basshole
you deserve it
>>
>>53777037

we've been playing it for two weeks now at my shop with the early rules copies.
>>
>>53777066
lol why did you get kicked out
>>
>>53777081
You need to buy 13 right now.
>>
>>53777088
Aces mate. Cheers for the recommendation.
>>
>>53777103
Must have brought his collection of dragon dildos.
That, or an autistic outburst happened.
>>
>>53777070
How are 6" Mv Termagants that cannot run+charge screening so effectively for 8" Mv run+charge genestealers exactly? Either the genestealers aren't gaining any advantage from the extra speed because they're waiting for something with the same speed as footslogging marines to get into combat first, or they don't have the chaff to eat the overwatch.

Also models don't grant cover saves to other models anymore. You can literally shoot right through the termagants into the genestealers with no penalty.
>>
Thinking about using a shadow seer and Yvraine with two unites of jetbikes. the shadowseer using twilight path to make the bike unit A move 16". Yvraine uses words of the phoenix to soul burst Unit B 16". Both A and B move in the movement phase 16" with flying. Unit A charges an enemy unit and unit B charges the character behind the enemy unit. When the enemy unit dies Unit A can soul burst for an extra attack.

But what do you guys think is the best combat jetbikes, skyweavers, shining spears or reavers?
>>
>>53777093
XD!! +1!

>>53777104
No?
>>
>>53777103
Probably for using leaked rules.
>>
>>53777114
Well, in my last game, the termagants charged top of turn 2, followed by a unit of genestealers deep striking and a foot slogging unit running down the field and charging as well.
>>
>>53777066
You should just boycott the shop until 8th if he's going to be a dick like that
>>
>>53776628
It's too late now, son. All the riptidefriends have already ordered their conscripts and are part of the Astra militarum family now.
>>
>>53777133
Going into an official store and showing off that you pirated their rules isn't the greatest plan.
>>
my scions only have a single volley gun
where do i get more of just their weapons, since i can put two in a squad
>>
>>53777138
push that meme harder boy!
>>
>>53777138
As a Carcharodons players, mass conscripts are a dream come true to fight, much easier than Riptides. Hope we stay the light infantry mulcher that we were in 7th.
Are the FW indexes out yet? I want to check my new rules for Tyberos.
>>
>>53777156

FAQ soon fixing SoB Saint spam and conscript nerf
Rumor has it...
>>
>>53777152
Bitz sellers, ebay, buy more boxes of scions
>>
>>53777171
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SOURCES SAY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

lol retard
>>
FAQ soon reverting blast weapons to using templates and making tactical marines cost 10 points
Rumor has it...
>>
>>53777145

Did you preorder a copy of the rules? If so, they can fuck off. You paid for the rules anyway.

Alternatively, just play somewhere else.
>>
FAQ soon removing shitsters of basshole and adding a fifth chaos god
Rumor has it...
>>
>>53777029
And no shooting.
>>
Hey guys, question from a non-player here - this is something I saw pop up towards the end of the last thread and I'm genuinely interested in what the answer/solution is.

Please note - I'm not familiar with the rules, so if I'm mistaken with something please feel free to correct me.

Is it true that, according to the 8th Ed. rules:
>Modifiers to the result are applied after re-rolls
>Some re-rolls can only be taken after success/failure has been determined (eg: re-roll failed 'to hits')
>Success/failure can only be determined after applying modifiers. (ie: I rolled a 4, but this +1 makes it a hit! Success!)

Is that really how it works? And if it is, doesn't that make it a vicious cycle?
>>
>>53777197
What a tragedy, the A4 models with S4 AP-1 attacks that rend and can hit on a 2+ if their HQ is nearby who can also cast catalyst on them doesn't have a gun
>>
Wartrakk or Nob with WAAAGHH! banner?
Going to buy one soon, was probally thinking the nob for an inf buff
>>
>>53777208
Its not. I'm just saying it factors into price.
>>
>>53777132
Things you can try to stop this:
Scout screen deployed in the middle of the map to speed bump charges and zone out deep strikes.

Rhino roadblocks.

Stormraven Gunships.
>>
>>53777202
That's how it works.

You check for rerolls before modifiers are applied, so those reroll failures rules are pretty much reroll 1s (auto failures) and maybe 2s or whatever if you get lucky.

If it worked the other way around then anything that depends on 1s or 6s wouldn't work at all in a lot of situations.
>>
>>53775663
I'm be fine with it, I mount shit on whatever fits best, consequently all my Nobs are on 32 mm, "small characters" on 40 and so on.
>>
>>53777202
You always do re-rolls first, then apply modifiers.

So, for example, if you have a guy that hits on a 3+, and you shoot him at an enemy that gives a -1 to hit, and roll a 3, you don't get the re-roll, you just miss. Because the re-roll checks if you hit first, which you did, and THEN the -1 modifier comes into effect and turns it into a miss.
>>
>>53776298
>but you'll be spending a lot of money on Boyz. People have a lot of fun with Orks in general.
Has the internet been stripped of the thousands of cheap boyz that was floating around?

Used to be you could get a AOBR boys for about a dollar.

I have hundreds i got thrown in as part of army clearance bundles.
>>
>>53777227
How many scouts are we talking here, because they can't cover a whole lot of the board.

Also:

Stormraven costs 266 points, kills 60 points of genestealers a turn. Yeah it's an option but still
>>
>>53777245
Where are you getting this from, you hit on a 3+, subtract -1 from the roll, it's a miss thus you re-roll.
>>
>>53777037
I mean, we're still trucking through multiple 40k generals every day. It's just a matter of waiting for the official release at this point.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-13-09-21-12.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-13-09-21-12.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Archons, are you still using sslyth?

I really like the models and at first thought the point increase was ridiculous but having costed them identically in 7th and 8th there is only 12 points between them.

They're still expensive but the alternative is taking an understrength squad of trueborn with 4 Blasters and a blaster archon, no where near as tough and fucked once they're out of the Venom
>>
>>53777208
For the minimum amount of models to do this you're already spending almost 300 points, and if the Genestealers suffer a single casualty they all lose an attack. You get a single attempted cast of Catalyst per turn, if it fails tough shit, powers are way easier for the opponent to deny now, and if you put it on the stealers then it's not protecting your synapse or monstrous creatures.
>>
>>53777267
see >>53777247
>>
>>53777267
The rules say you do re-rolls before modifiers are taken into account, so you roll assuming your normal BS, re-roll any misses, then apply the -1 modifier.
>>
>>53777037
Well now the hype is splitting, the ones that are playing and the ones that are waiting for full codexes to save them from blandification.

Personally I've a shelf full of looted tanks, bigtrakks, junkas, grot tanks, meka dreads, warkoptas and more that can count as trukks/dredds or do nothing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (987KB, 1007x1111px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
987KB, 1007x1111px
So unless I'm missing something. Why would you ever take a malanthrope over a brood of 3 venomthropes any more? Assuming the points difference will be in line with the power level difference the malanthrope seems crazy expensive just for the synapse benefit.
>>
>>53777289
Your army has to have some HQs. Are you saying that the opposing force has no HQs and only a single opposing squad of something to fight the single genestealer squad with?
>>
>>53777262
Obviously you can't cover the whole board with the scouts but with proper spacing and using terrain you should be able to cover a good amount of the board. This is where the chess match that takes place during Deployment comes into effect. Wait until your opponent deploys his stealers to see where you need to screen.

Stormravens also have utility outside of damage, they can't be charged by non-Flyers if they stay out of hover mode and can safely transport units you don't want getting hit with a charge from deep strike top of turn 1, but they also still block movement.
>>
File: rerolls.png (92KB, 226x310px) Image search: [Google]
rerolls.png
92KB, 226x310px
>>53777267
You reroll before any modifiers.
>>
>>53777035
No.
>>
>>53777267
No, you don't apply the modifier until after any re-rolls. This was just confirmed on the FLG stream the other night, Reece said he specifically spoke with the GW designers about it to clear it up because he wasn't sure.
>>
>>53777304
One cloaks infantry and the other cloaks everything.
>>
>>53777304
Because malanthropes cannot be targeted unless they are the closest unit, and their -1 to hit protects everything, not just infantry.
>>
>>53777301
>>53777302
>>53777307
>>53777315

Well that's retarded.
>>
>>53777216
Buy neither, kitbash both.
Welcome to Orks level 3
>>
>>53777306
That's definitely fair, I've had transports get surrounded by gaunt pile ins so I could never unload the unit inside. A stormraven would help with that by flying away.
>>
>>53777324
Apparently if they do it the other way it causes other weird situations with certain rolls, so they had to pick one or the other.
>>
>>53777335
They would've been better off with modifiers to the models BS rather than the die.
>>
>>53777202
How is it a vicious cycle?
Re-rolls trumping maluses is just as bad.
>>
is it better to keep a 10 man squad of scions in a taurox, with a 5 man squad in reserves or to keep 3 5 man squads in reserve
>>
So, if you had the Warlord trait that gives a roll to avoid wounds, and cast a power or have something that is a FNP like ability, how do you figure which one comes first? Does it matter? I'm guessing not.
>>
>>53777348
I don't see how the order could possible matter.

Is it confirmed that different Feel no Pain like abilities can stack now since they're all different rules?
>>
>>53777323
Does that apply to monsters?
>>
Do any of the list builders have 8th edition rule up?
>>
>>53777358
Yes
>>
>>53777324
see
>>53777230
retard
>>
>>53777353
I mean, I'd assume? No reason they shouldn't RAW.
>>
>>53777365
That... actually changes how I build my Tyranid lists. Assumed it wouldn't. Makes Hive Tyrants sort of wild.
>>
>>53776968
ebay?
>>
>>53777358
No, only characters.
>>
>>53777366
Then make the modifiers apply to the units profile instead of the dice roll or set "to a minimum of 1" or "to a maximum of 6" instead of a stupid "I can re-roll all misses, except these specific misses"
>>
>>53777307
>you can never reroll a dice more than once
So, having Fallen reroll 1 to hit when shooting if they didn't move and Cypher giving them a flat reroll 1s buff is completely wasted?
>>
>>53777379
Yes but what about monsters that are characters?
>>
>>53777373
Only works for characters with 9 or less wounds.

>>53777379
Something can be both a character and a monster.
>>
>>53777373
Hive Tyrants have 10 wounds so they cannot avoid being singled out. That's why they have Tyrant Guard.

Malanthrope has 9 so it avoids the cut-off.
>>
>>53777383
Well, it makes them less tethered to Cypher and still gives them re-rolls when he dies.
>>
>>53777382
Those aren't misses yet, the modifier has not yet been applied. Retard.
>>
>>53777384
>>53777387
If it's a character with fewer than 10 wounds, then yes.
Whether or not it's a monster doesn't come into play.
>>
>>53777383
No? You can move with Cypher?
>>
>>53777389
>>53777387
Oh, duh. I knew that too, just had a total failure of memory. Still, Malan seems viable.
>>
>>53776845
You're a fucking moron,
>>
>>53777383
Characters are nearly always a "Related unit +1" type buff.
So they work on their own, but work evne better when they have their favourite baby-sitter
>>
>>53777374

I might, but I do want to buy from my store if I can.
>>
>>53777395
Except they are a miss after the modifier is applied. Except rule letting you re-roll all misses arbitrarily doesn't apply because GW thinks being even a little verbose is bad.
>>
>>53777393
>Cypher
>dying

>>53777383
Jokes aside, it's just a very nice little buff to get them to use the overcharge on the plasma weaponry you're hopefully kitting them out with.
I know I'm going to.
>>
>>53777420
shut the fuck up dummy
>>
>>53777432
Can confirm, reroll 1s works out amazing on my plasma-bearing CSM when Lord is around.
>>
>>53777435
Ah, so you never actually had an argument and just wanted to shitpost.
>>
>>53777447
Recognising that form the initial post AND denying them attention is the mark of true skill on /tg/
>>
>>53777447
shut the fuck up, dummy.
>>
>>53777458
I guess that explains why we keep burning through generals so quickly.
>>
>>53777458
>40k
>skill
Choose one, faggot.
>>
>>53777467
By now I have so many shitfilters I only ever see like.. 120 posts in a thread.
The rest is bait, replies to bait or one-man "memes".
>>
>>53777318
>>53777323

thanks for clearing that up. Still 10 power for a malanthrope, for that I could get a brood of 3 venoms (4) and a brood of 3 zoans (6). Though I already have a malanthrope whereas I only have two each of venoms/zoans so I'd need to buy another box. I guess that's not really a question

Also if we're paying for spawned termagants the tervigon/tyrannocyte/lictor combo I used to rock in 7th is pricey as hell now
>>
>>53777493
Filtered
>>
>>53777494
you only pay for new units of gaunts at least.

reenforcing an existing sqaud is free.
>>
>>53777493

What filters do you use?
>>
>>53776461
Where are you buying from? You can generally find stuff cheaper than GW prices through independent sellers online.
>>
>>53777509

Yeah I'm torn between chucking the tervigon in a tyrannocyte and paying for two spawned gaunt broods.

Or just run it up the field with 30 termagaunts, use 3 venoms for shrouding and top them up with the tervigon
>>
>>53777408
you can and after that you sell cawl on ebay >_>
>>
>>53777546

I have never sold anything on ebay, and I don't trust myself with it. Besides, don't I lose like 30% after fees and shit?
>>
How was yesterday stream? how did Necrons do?
>>
>>53777494
you also get the potential to inflict free mortal wounds with the malanthrope and the potential for army wide 1 re-rolls. I'd say more than 1 malanthrope is a bit of a waste but if you manage to get the guy there (he's very slow for tyranid standards) it can be very useful. Maybe as cover for defensive lines to soak up charges?
>>
File: 20170611_150011.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_150011.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Alright guys, I posted a bat rep last night (see pic) and I have to say, after a day of analyzing what went down... Guilliman is broken. Not him himself, but because hes a character any player with half a brain will put him behind a ton of boys so he doesnt get shot (sniper rounds will bounce off his ass, so thats a waste of time.) The boys escort him to the enemy then WHAM! No one has a chance against this madman.

I stuck him in the middle of a squad of 50 conscripts. Eldar player never stood a chance. So the riddle me this: how do you beat Guilliman in a see of troops???
>>
>>53777615
It's actually the conscripts wrapping him that are broken, not Gilly himself.

I just watched Tyranids shitwreck him the other night.
>>
>>53777615
POOOOXWALKEEEEER
>>
>>53776461
>>
>>53777402
Can someone explain to me HOW malathropes are viable? Str 4 T5, with a shit save, their only defences beng a -1 to hit and standing behind some gaunts.
Offencivly they are garbage, and their buff is shot ranged.

The only good thing about them (the melee buff) can only come in partway though the game, meaning fast shit (like genestealers) miss out on it
>>
>>53777615
Four Transuranic Arquebi will ping away at him nicely, although they won't exactly be oneshotting the bastard. I can stall the blob with sacrificial Dragoons, burn away at the conscripts with whatever then try and kill him with Neutron Lasers or DakkaStelans. Still a massive pain in the ass, though, and Admech is probably most suited to the job short of lining up forty Ratling Snipers. I'm probably going to fight that with GK psychic support soon, going to be a bit difficult.
>>
>>53777628
>conshits
>>
>>53777615
Eldar player should have remeber that he coul charge the conscripts with the wraith lord and banshees, then had the wraith knight charge into the back on combat: SOMETHING would have been close enough to start putting wound on the G-man
>>
>>53777461

you guys should keep arguing, its pretty entertaining because you are clearly a moron
>>
>>53777615
>be chaos
Have NO acesse to sniper AT ALL
>plz no bully bobby
>>
Anon in Nottingham here, going to be going to Warhammer World later this week for the launch stuf, would you guys care for pics?
>>
>>53777688
lol shut the fuck up dummy
>>
>>53777654
Toughness 5, 9 wounds, and -1 to hit is better defenses against snipers than most characters have, and nids can spam enough chaff that you will literally never be able to shoot it with anything but snipers.
>>
how much should i expect to pay for just the primaries marines from the new box set?

I've finally decided on a chapter, Celestial Lions, and I'm hype to paint some chadmarines
>>
>>53777654
Not necessarily. You could deepstrike it behind lines with a tcyte, use Lictors to try and pick off a small unit. In general, though, it can serve to cover bigger units, your Tyrannofexes and whatnot, at range and protect them from deepstrikes, potentially.

Depends on price.
>>
>>53777696
We just have Magnus and soon Mortarion

Who the hell needs snipers?
>>
>>53777718
I play alpha legion ;_;
>>
>>53777661
>Four Transuranic Arquebi will ping away at him nicely
will they? a 3++ is pretty nasty, especially if theyre willing to waste a CP to reroll
>>
>>53777726
Well, that's what you get for being closet loyalists
>>
>>53777704

yes pls
>>
>>53777696
Infernal Gaze is pretty much your only option there.
>>
>>53777730
Without rerolls on either side, they do 1.9 wounds to Big G. Nothing devastating, but not that bad if I've cleared out the other characters. Mostly plan is to shoot other stuff and try to lock some Kastelans or a Knight onto him. Or Fulgurites, they will mess him UP. 20 of them kill Magnus, so you'd need about 25 for a good chance, though, and that means I need to eliminate the conscripts. Still a good countercharge and deterrent.
>>
>>53777746
so each psyker can attempt to manifest it once per turn or only one psyker can attempt to manifest
>>
>>53777615
Why did the Eldar player not just snipe the Commisar with his rangers and then absolutely buttfuck the conscripts and watch then evaporate because of a morale test ?

Also, putting Rawbooty in a guardsmen blob seems like a huge waste of the buffs he gives to nearby Ultramarines
>>
>>53777756
*15 for a good chance at killing Guilliman, sorry.
>>
>>53777781
>Why did the Eldar player not just snipe the Commisar with his rangers
he tried, they hit like a wet noodle and only did 2 (out of 3) wounds
>>53777781
>putting Rawbooty in a guardsmen blob seems like a huge waste of the buffs he gives to nearby Ultramarines
I'm guard who took Guilliman in 7th as an act of desperation because my shit was uber weak 3 weeks ago, so I'm low on smurfs.

and, in all honesty, even if the conscripts dont have a commissar (i took 4 that day, so unlikely), I could just spend CP to auto-pass battleshock tests ( i had 15 cp that day)
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Had a look at Duncans Dark Imperium Assembly Guide
From what we got to see it looks pretty sweet, it seems to be a nice compromise between snap-fit and possibility, plus I'm happy that the chests are separate enough that I can sand off the aquxillas
>>
>>53777812
> Aquxillas
Your Mac having trouble Anon?
>>
>>53777514
Word combinations, namelist, image md5 and a slew of emoticons.

Id share but it's takes 2,5 posts worth of text.
Aand some of the board specific filters will def reveal my powerlevel.
>>
Maybe being thick, have any FW datasheets come out yet? Leak or otherwise? Someone's selling a cheap Fire Raptor and I'm considering it

What was its role and basic loadout in 7th
>>
>>53777845

no stats for fire raptor yet :(

they will probably be leaked in the next week
>>
>>53777803
It's almost as if some of us have been telling people that sniping out commissars and then doing any significant damage against conscripts isn't as easy as it sounds!
>>
>>53777845
We've not seen the Fire Raptor yet, but it was made of guns in 7th - so I expect it'll be pretty good in 8th
>>
I am new and not sure if I'm reading this right but company veterans can take storm shields and a special weapon?
>>
Man time's arrow is a trolltastic c'tan power.
>>
>>53777854
Nah, conshits are a meme. Git good haha! Seriously GW don't listen to these shitters! Guard is balanced :)
>>
>>53777869
Yes - if you're ok with wasting 20+ points of wargear on a 16 point model
>>
>>53777871
Haven't seen any discussion about C'tan powers but to me they look like shit. Then again I don't play necrons.
>>
>>53777906
Toughness test or die that can hit characters is hilarious.
>>
>>53777906
>>53777910
Wounds sorry.
>>
>>53777910
Yeah, time's arrow is ok. It has a limited range of targets but can fuck those up for good. Antimatter meteor feels like shit, +6'' range smite that succeeds on 2+ and can't perils. It would be good at chipping away tough targets but it must target the closes enemy so it's easy to play around. Seismic assault is too unreliable against elite units and doesn't deal enough damage to deal with blobs.
>>
>>53777933
Yeah it's the only one worth taking and isn't that great, but it's funny when it works. Hopefully a codex will give actual interesting powers and not just variations on mortal wounds.
>>
Can you overcharge combi-plasmas or are they restricted to the normal mode?
>>
>>53777933
>no perils
>used during shooting phase
bawwww man that must be total shit bawwww

you tardlets will cry about anything
>>
>>53777989
read the weapon profile at the back of the chaos index crumb bum
>>
>>53776645
>grindr
>azrael
top tier subtlety
>>
>fallen are listed as Imperium
>dark angels are listed as Imperium
>there are no rules that prevent you from taking both in the same army
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>53778030
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMthat'sobviouslythepointdummy
>>
>>53778011
>crumb bum
kek. Forgot it was there, thanks
>>
>>53778042
np m'lord
>>
>>53778030
>Play Fallen
>Get excited as they seem decent enough
>realize lack of <chapter> and <legion> keywords make them unable to hitch any sort of ride
>cry
>>
>>53777346
It's since been explained to me, but when I posted I thought the situation would have been (by RAW) -
>Roll Dice
>Can't re-roll until you know what succeeded/failed
>Can't know what succeeded/failed until you apply modifiers
>Can't apply modifiers until you've re-rolled
>Go to 10

If every step required the previous step before you could do it, where do you get on/get off. It's since been explained to me that the process is:

>Roll
>Determine successes/failures from this roll.
>Re-roll what you can
>Apply modifiers now.
>Recalculate successes/failures from here for final results.
>>
>>53778067
shut the fuck up dummy
>>
>>53778058
>the fallen
>fielding transports
nice meme
>>
>>53778089
Well we cant infiltrate now so I guess its just the shoelace express for us
>>
>>53776326
>>53776331
okay, thanks prob gonna bring a Missile launcher beacuse fuck yeah explosions
>>
>>53778034
This makes me wonder. If, say, DAngels and Fallen were stuck on the same planet that was scheduled for nomming from some nids, would they work together?
>>
>>53778076
>1. BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.
>2. PARTY ON, DUDES. (AND DUDETTES)
>>
>>53778058
>>53778106
Technically I'd consider FALLEN to be the legion. Sort of.

Wait for the FAQ or tweet it to GW I guess?
>>
File: laughing flint.gif (2MB, 540x248px) Image search: [Google]
laughing flint.gif
2MB, 540x248px
>>53778114
>paying attention to the sticky
>>
>>53778114
In the long run teaching him not to be That Guy trying to twist wording he doesn't like is a benefit to him
>>
File: 99120111001_HarlequinTroupe04.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120111001_HarlequinTroupe04.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
So what's the optimal load out for these guys
My main plan is to run two five man squads with a shadowseer riding in a star weaver, with one more troupe doing the same but with the troupe master
>>
>>53778110
Only the Inner Circle knows of the Fallen so assuming none of them were present the normal Dark Angels would probably think they were just a long lost successor chapter or detachment/company that was separated by the warp during the whole Caliban shenanigans
>>
Gents

What the fuck did they do to Tyranids this edition

I haven't seen these fuckers drop a single game yet except one time against IG when they deployed shitty because they were supposed to have the first turn, got Seized, shot to pieces right out the gate, rolled like crap in close combat and still did pretty decently.
>>
File: Picture1.png (561KB, 746x413px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
561KB, 746x413px
>>53778141
>>
>>53778153
Nobody knows how to play against Tyranids any longer because you auto-won against them since after 4th edition.
>>
>>53778171
wheres this from?
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (353KB, 878x620px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
353KB, 878x620px
I wonder what would be a justified split on a Triumvirate box if friend only wants Cawl

Anyhow, I really want to meme the world by getting a Stormlord and putting 20 HWTs in there, with like Autocannons or Missile Launchers or something with mad dakka
Then I shall become the dakka lord
It'll probably cost me well over a 1000pts and 200-300€ to do but it would be glorious

>20d6 frag missiles a turn
>or 20 krak missiles a turn
>60 autocannon shots(or was autocannon heavy 2? 40 in that case)
>cart itself has 20 shots from vulcan mega bolter
>can get up to 3 heavy stubbers
>4 extra lasguns that come packaged with a twin heavy bolter or twin heavy flamer
>>
>>53778141
Sounds awesome
>>
>>53778131
The guy you were correcting already posted that he had since discovered he was mistaken, and even posted the corrected rules description - a post that THEY had only made to explain his thinking to an earlier anon.

Be the /tg/ you want to see, duder.
>>
>>53778137

Dunno, they're meant to be pretty top tier, but I'm not quite seeing it as a solo army.

A 4++ Doesnt really help against non-rending small arms/weak attack spam that'd be shredding T3 infantry regardless, and they won't have a high model count.
>>
>>53778204
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihskUz0obzY
If you not caught up you may be a bit lost
>>
File: Capture66.png (15KB, 431x159px) Image search: [Google]
Capture66.png
15KB, 431x159px
WIth the new edition of 40k, will we see armies being updated?
Sick of orks having century old models and having to rely on kitbashing a lot of their stuff
The fucking warboss model is still metal for fucks sake
>>
>>53778272
SoB say hi
>>
File: 2017-06-13.png (884KB, 1157x595px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-13.png
884KB, 1157x595px
>Fiends of Slaanesh - 46 pt each
What do you think about those?

The ability to tarpit everything seems so good to me.
>>
>>53778137
Full caress or Embrace if you lack the point. (even tho Embrace is a bland as shit weapon, but it's cheap) Kiss are fucking overprice and you'd rather be taking the Fusion pistol+embrace instead.

Grab Fusion pistol for big guy, Neuro disruptor is a useless piece of shit.
>>
So what are we hoping for in Fires of Cyraxus now 8e is a known quantity? Personally I'd like a cheap Admech HQ, or one that gives a flat +1 To Hit or To Wound so we can boost something like the Fulgurite Electroleech, Rad-Poisoning or Taser. Also, Triaros full of Fulgurites looks like the true meaning of pain given how insanely hard they hit.

Something like a Skitarii Alpha Primus that could restore a small chunk of our based Doctrinas would be cool too.
>>
What's the go to army looking to be if I want to go all in on assault? Like even my heavy support wants to punch things assault. Without massive blobs that is.

Space Wolves? Khorne CSM? Elite Nids? Elite Orks?
>>
>>53778343
Piles of Bezerkers look pretty filthy
>>
>>53778182
Basically this. They've got a large amount of tactical flexibility now and some great hordes in an edition that has made hordes strong, so not surprising. It'll take time to adjudy.
>>
>>53778272
Hopefully. I'd like to see plastic kits for our characters, deffkoptas, and warbuggies/wartrakks at the very least.
>>
File: 1497347485336.gif (4KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
1497347485336.gif
4KB, 200x260px
>>53778292
>Meme faction
>>
>>53778292
Main difference is that some people actually play Orks
>>
>>53778336

There's a Secutarii alpha in the heresy books, we might get that.
>>
>>53778388
There's already a Secutarii Alpha in the Peltast and Hoplite squads, two things that will most likely have rules in FoC.
>>
File: 1490120715759.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490120715759.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>>53778354
>Unit of 5 Khorne Berzerkers
>32 S5 attacks on the charge
>80 points per unit
>>
>>53777066
They couldn't possibly have known you were playing 8th unless you specifically told them and thought they'd be cool with you using pirated rules, you absolute fucking idiot. Warhammer world is so big you must have made a real effort to be as autistic as possible to get noticed. I fucking hate you people.
>>
>>53778369
Wouldn't that be the Orks?
>>
>>53777133
It wasn't a store they were in the actual corporate headquarters, a gaming area so huge you could play warmachine without getting noticed, him and his gay loser gang must have been creaming their pants thinking they'd get good boy points for showing fucking leaked rules to the only people in the world who'd give a shit.
>>
>>53778452
this desu
I hope someone pours liquid glue in that guy's cases
>>
>>53777704
How do you deal with all the niggers anon? I went to GWHQ a few weeks ago and the city was like Africa, I went into a burger king and it was like a play satirising fast food, nothing but niggers there and it was the filthiest, most badly run shit hole I've ever seen in my entire life. God help us all if that cancer spreads.
>>
>>53778388
The Axiarch? Yeah, he's where I got the idea from. 60pt HQ with good stats and wargear choices, plus a cool army buff that means he isn't just a 75 point slot filler. That's pretty much exactly what Admech need at the moment, they have perhaps the most crippling HQ taxes in the game. Probably won't give us based Hazard Protocols, though, because GW has declared any even slightly complex rules verboten while simultaneously removing the USR system that made simple rules much simpler to write.

Why was it when GW declared they were removing Templates and USRs for 8e did half of everyone immediately consider them a terrible idea? I never heard anyone bitching about templates before, or USRs, other than the rare weapons that spam a billion small blasts, and you could easily just slash THOSE to XD3 shots and cap the max number of hits for bigger ones to discourage autistic spacing.

I quite like 8e, on balance, and Admech is still cool as shit despite trading old problems for new and different ones, but they made some really strange design decisions.
>>
>>53778487
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53778497
>points out how a horrible group replaces a local population
>must be an ebil nazi
>>
>>53778272

I'm hoping hard for;

- A multipose Grotesque kit.
-Models and rules for Duke Sliscus, Baron Sathonyx, Lady Malys, Vect, Kherudrakh and the Dais of Destruction.
- Plastic Incubi and Mandrakes.

I don't ask for much... Maybe an update for Drazhar and Lelith but the rest of the dark eldar range is amazing in my opinion.
>>
>>53778512
I'm sure there's some kind of "Nigger hate thread" on /pol/ for you, go find it
>>
>>53778531
either way it sure as shit doesn't belong on /tg/
>>53778512
and it has to do with 40k how?
>>
>Order bits from spellcrow to make some assault squads
>order comes with bonus terminator chest pieces
>I have spare legs/weapons from other boxes
Any dark angels players use deathwing knights yet? Any word on how good they are?
>>
>>53778419

Nothing as drastic as that, my friend was discussing us playing it in bugmans to some other friends and a staff member overheard, came over and asked us during my first movement phase and asked us to pack up.
>>
>>53778496
They'll have to give us one or two more HQ choices unless they're intent on relegating AdMech to just being a side-ally faction. Maybe another HS or FA unit.
>>
>>53778543
were you playing it at WHW or did you discuss about having played it earlier on
>>
>>53778297
I want to use them but I'm also not sure they are worth the points in many situations. They remind me of casting Doom in final fantasy. Either it works and you fuck over something important of theirs or it fails and you wasted a ton of MP.
>>
>>53778557

Playing at WHW, discussed it in Bugman's and a member of staff walked past and gave us a look, then they swung past and saw the leaks on my mates tablet i think. I think a couple other groups got turfed out for it as well that day so think they were on high alert. Not denying we were pushing our luck playing it there
>>
>>53778545
Hopefully we'll pick up the Vulturax for Fast Attack, although if Forge World don't fix GWs idiocy with the Haywire weapons the main gun on it may be a bit useless. Why oh why couldn't we have had the Eldar version that is decent? 8D3 S5 shots at BS2+ Ignore Cover is pretty damn good, though. We're not even a good ally faction really, we can't easily fill the HQ slot to allow people to take Vanguard or Crawlers or something.
Thanatars also pretty nasty if they stay similar, since every Heresy bot save Vorax and Arlatax can buy BS5 and -1 to enemy cover, which if the Omnispex and Luminagen is anything to go by is now Ignore Cover. Thanatars will be elite mulchers, and Myrmidons will probably continue melting everything in sight.
>>
>>53778582
Fucking dummy.
>>
so when you lose models in cc, do you have to remove them in such a way as to maintain the coherency of the unit?
>>
>>53778541
They are in the index so you can see their stats, their weapons are better than power fists but they cost 45 points per model as opposed to 26 for deathwatch termies.

It's hard to say, their weapons are better but I don't know if they are better than twice as many terminators.
>>
>>53778594
isnt that what post-combat consolidation is for?
>>
>>53778594
I saw someone remove models in a manner that seemed to break coherency but I don't think it was legal?
>>
>>53778602
I assume so, It says you must use your next movement to regain coherency. Just wondered if you were forced to remain it even in cc
>>
>>53778594
Think you have to be in coherency by the end of the turn so you can be out of coherency if you fix it with the pile in.

I think.
>>
>>53778137
That's 600 points for 12 model
>>
>>53778597
Powerfists cost 20p each so they almost cost the same after factoring that in
>>
>>53778589

Oh well gotta try these things, come Saturday we'll be back in there playing as much as we can and until then I've got a board at home we play on
>>
>>53778617
oh yeah I think you can remove guys as you please so long as you return to coherency with the consolidate back
>>
>>53778623
yep I was just going to correct myself on that, definitely take the knights then, their weapons are way better than power fists
>>
>>53778630
Knights don't get storm bolter (or other ranged weapons) but Deathwatch Terminators do.
>>
>>53778645
*Deathwing
>>
>>53776752
>if parents didn't keep getting in the way, teachers and students could work in perfect harmony
That's pretty good actually.
>>
Rerolls happen before modifiers.

The stupid reroll mechanic is dead finally.
>>
>>53775882
Oh shit. I guess blood angels is a faction too, not a chapter. Guess I can't take tactical marines with dante
>>
>>53778790
It literally says on the first page of the blood angels index "x units can be taken as <blood angels>" with tacticals being one whereas the Fallen completely lack any such rule or keyword to substitute
>>
Is it just me, or in 8th, can nobody in the Ork roster take a Cybork body?
>>
>>53778645
knights have storm shields instead, bro
also the sarge's weapon does D2 each wound and it spills over
>>
>>53778865
there's a couple units that can buy one or two as an upgrade (I think nobs can?)
you'll want a painboy for FnP, though
>>
Predator: What loadout?
>>
>>53778761
Most of the rerolls are voluentary meaning any positive modifiers do nothing. So you can have a reroll and +2 to save. If you roll under your normal save you just don't reroll it and let the modifier to kick in. But this is huge for negative modifiers. You can roll a success, can't reroll it and then modifiers make you fluff the roll anyway. This means that if any 2+ rerollable armor save ever sneaks back into the game you can drop that 1-in-36 chance into 1-in-6 with just a -1 AP weapon.
>>
>>53778896
Oh, 1/5 nobs can, though characters can't. Even though the only plastic warboss they've ever made is modelled to have it.
>>
Lads I'm looking to get into 40k/30k with Thousand Sons.
Which of the boardgames is a better start for units Calth or Prospero? Mostly going to stick to stock dudes and only use the FW upgrade sets to make sergeants/characters/ special units
>>
>>53778873
Agreed, they are good for melee only purposes, way better than power fists.
>>
>>53778368
You mean updated warbuggy/wartrakk plastic
>>
>>53778973
They're basically just glorified assault termies
>>
>>53778955

The bigger question is why you'd ever want to actually take it.
>>
>>53777630
This.
Find yourself a good chinaman.

That being said though, if 8th ends up being fun like AoS then I kind of want to show GW my support as a consumer (by using my wallet).
>>
>>53778297
Soporfic musk is fucking nuts, pretty good for hitting up heavy weapons squads from all armies
>>
>>53777037
Badly timed releases and an underwhelming product.

>>53779007
I was reading the rules for it on Zagstruk, which works differently to on nobz, and works the same as the Super Cybork on Grotsnik. 5 points for a 5+ Feel-no-pain-but-not-called-that-anymore sounds like a good deal.
>>
>>53778417
S5
You mean s6.
Chain axes or gtfo.
>>
>>53779021
I'd love to buy those sweet plastic SoB range. Maybe some Retribution squad.

>only metal
Oh well let's buy them them anyway
>$14 for a single girl with Heavy Bolter
Oh wow! Fine let's buy a couple
>out of stock
Well GW if you don't want my money guess chinaman or third parties will.
>>
>>53778938
I cannot believe I'm saying this, but it depends. HB are good for chewing light stuff, but lascannons are really nice too. I'd say you always want to keep the predator cannon desu, but that's just me

Holy fuck we're discussing how good and competitive conscripts, nobs, and predators are. I fucking love 8th
>>
File: shinji serious mode.png (167KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
shinji serious mode.png
167KB, 306x273px
why the flying fuck are Assassin models so fucking expensive? $25 for one fucking mini? c'mon!
>>
>>53779051
You bring chainswords also for the free attacks, but yeah most of the attacks you take with chainaxe
>>
>>53776684
The cheapest bullgryn is 42 points. Ogryn are 30 flat. They are still pretty good against infantry and fun. I will take a squad of some occasionally even though I prefer Bullgryn with mauls.
>>
>>53779188
Gotta pay for good units
Assassins are super cheap in points so clearly they have to jack the mini price up.
>>
>>53779188
Make your own, recast or third party.

We know GW is random at best if not full out intentionally dickish
>>
>>53778948
Yep. Same with rerolls to hit combined with negative modifers to hit.

Girly marines reroll hits on 3+, then any to hit modifiers kick in......Awesome for nurgle stuff and nids toxicrines.
>>
File: trumpet.jpg (30KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
trumpet.jpg
30KB, 620x372px
>tfw you ordered a bunch of shit and its not even arriving in time to play on the 17th

fucking hate having to think 2-3 weeks ahead while simultaneously picking my units and finding the best deals

And of course FW wont even mail their rulebooks till actual release date those tight cunts
Thread posts: 448
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.