[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Previous Thread >>53231015 Good day, Fellow members of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 44

File: unbidden.png (43KB, 150x214px) Image search: [Google]
unbidden.png
43KB, 150x214px
Previous Thread
>>53231015
Good day, Fellow members of federation. How was the interstellar flight? So as I said in previous thread
>>53234573
I had certain ideas to create minor fluff and sort of short history of humans. It was largely inspired by posts in previous thread. It may appear a bit unfinished and, lets say, not that great. But please note, that I am a bit new to writefagging, so please forgive me, if it was not on a competent level. So here it goes:
>>
File: 1.jpg (344KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
344KB, 1280x688px
>>53250602
>“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” The “earth”, that is more known as universe, mundus, or cosmos was chaotic and yet to take form. While “heavens” that is now known to most of the galaxy as “shroud”, is infinite and mysterious, beyond comprehension of puny mortal brains. And there were first creations and inhabitants of shroud: Entities, known more commonly as “Angels”, as direct servants of Creator. Angels (including rogue and rebel ones) and Human souls are sole inhabitants of “shroud”, latter roaming freely upon infinite and eternal realm, while humans creating their own plains of existence within. Others, who shall enter it in full state, will be vaporized or banished back to the universe (if their mental state is strong enough). Though they were first, Creator revealed the intention of plan to create Humans as masters of all creation. This lead to rebellion and Division between angels. In modern eras, those entities provide those, who try to establish communications with them, with knowledge and/or gifts, most often, for certain price. Relations between material universe and shroud remained, with exception of certain times, where most cataclysmic cosmic events took place.
Meanwhile as Universe took its form, as dark era was nearing its end, first stars and galaxies formed. and then “waters under the heaven were gathered together unto one place, and dry land appeared”-first planets, that had sacred mission to harbour first seeds of life. Though Some of them didn’t survive the ordeal, others beared its duty and life began to bloom on uncountable worlds throughout universe in different forms and ways. some of them never evolved beyond bacteria, others evolved as horrid creatures who roam throughout void. And some planets later created a sentient life, numerous races that created vast civilizations. As first seeds of life evolves, the last part in chain of creation took place: birth of humans. [tbc]
>>
File: 2.jpg (38KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
38KB, 590x332px
>>53250647
>Not modern degraded decaying fleshbags, banished and merely resembling its true nature, but elegant and beautiful shroud entities made as an image of allmighty, assigned as masters of the world. Alongside angels, they were only entities that were created directly by God himself. Even today, as fallen ones, they bear original birthright. Being a shroud entity in its true nature is the reason, of why Humans have strongest psykers in the galaxy with unique traits that are impossible for others to mimic. But also, as they are in truth, alien to this world, are severely weakened, including physically, making them one of the most fragile and frail compared to others. Other sentients, who do not have souls, have consciousness that keeps existing in universe and slowly decays, though several stronger and advanced races avoided this faith by learning secrets to keep immortality beyond death and took various forms and shapes. Examples include modern day void clouds, collective essence of deceased of highly advanced alien races, or spectral wraiths that roam between hostile pulsars. Those who became aware of shroud, tried to flee to it to escape death, but they were altered horribly and became legendary shabanash Humans, however, who are only ones possessing naturally immortal soul, once die, return to shroud in form, that somewhat resemble prefill nature. For sentient non-humans, witnessing death of a human too close can be devastating for their mental state: Once Human Dies, before his soul banishes to shroud, it emits powerful and unique psykic energy during department from body. Standing to close to dying human, can damage mental state of an alien. Some of them never recover. This fact led to development of new tactics during warfare against certain human factions, development of anti-psyker combat masks , etc... Originally, Humans were assigned to work as invisible hand throughout formation of first sentients, secretly guiding them on path of evolvement. [tbc]
>>
File: 3.jpg (704KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
704KB, 1920x1200px
>>53250668
>As sentients began to form, first civilizations formed who later began conquering stars. Greatest of species, highly advanced and intelligent, who were (unknowingly to them) were guided by prefill humans to advancement. Those Glorious nations were replacing eachother as dominant races throughout history. Wars for domination were ravaging galaxy. Later some of the First civilizations at their own initiative began uplifting other species to sentience, while sometimes annihilating them due to potential danger. The evolved ones were worshipping their uplifters as gods, therefore, forming foundations of religions of modern alien races. Old ones, thought newer members about agriculture, culture and technology.
>But eventually the PreFall era became to an end by fall of the humans, causing “shroud shock”. “shroud shocks” are major cataclysmic events affecting reality of time-space and vastly altering universe itself. First shroud shock, described by only surviving witness as “Terror Flash” accrued ca 10000 BC. It was seen as vast flash, so bright, that greatest of quasars, were candlelight, compared to it. It wiped out entire civilizations and nearly all sentient life and ones who were in process to become sentient, as set by old ones, formed modern races. It is unknown what caused the fall, as due to fall, humans lost all the knowledge that they possessed and now as temporary mortals, had to evolve and advance themselves, however it locked access to shroud and began era, where humans were locked in universe. Mere fragments of past were resembled in various human pagan religions, reflecting era, when they were guiding other races to progress and prosperity. As main guides of other races now degenerated to modern day humans, others had to rely on their own strength and courage to face hostile universe. [tbc]
>>
File: 4.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
>>53250691
>Though after fall, God promised humans, that he would restore their previous glory and it became true by 33 AD. (you get the point). This event caused second Shroud Shock, that reopened access of shroud to universe and humans regained their access to “heavens”. Shroud became accessible to other sentients too. Though they still remain corporeal and to fully restore their prefill state, they still await for “end times”, that will, as it seems, cause a third “shroud shock”.
As ages passed and Nations of Earth advanced, Modern day mankind took its final form. Vital to this was “era of escalation”, when Major civilizations united around common goals. Unification Wars began that devastated entire regions of planet. Nearly 2150 AD, first of modern human psykers appeared, which lead to unification of various Christian denominations throughout earth as single institution that was a predecessor of modern day Ecclesiarchy and at the end, dominating entire planet. At 2200 AD, final independent subject gave up to coalition. Leaders of Coalitional states announced final victory and formation of Mankind Dominion. Worldwide Governmental body formed with capital in Rome, “eternal city” as called by many, Paradoxal city that experienced throughout history both worst kind of debauchery and decadence, and best kind of progress in both matter and spirituality. Modern day Rome remains sole to this trend. There are many that arrive in eternal city with dreams to make world better for everyone, and there are many who come to fulfill darkest ambitions of their heart, focusing solely for their advancements. State language became Latin, Language of Both Faith and Science throughout humans. [tbc]
>>
File: mankind dominion.png (856KB, 1011x650px) Image search: [Google]
mankind dominion.png
856KB, 1011x650px
>>53250714
>>
>>53250602
Playing Stellaris in the background,
this soundtrack came on while I read your posts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-yr4vErIk
>>
>>53250736
>Modern day State administration of mankind dominion is Oligarchy, resembling era, where Christian nations agreed to choose collective body consisting of leaders of their nations. Though now unified, System became more of the meritocracy, where leaders and representatives are chosen though careful process of filtration by different institutions. Church has large involvement in functions of state, resembling once vanquished Byzantine Empire. Humans still remember age of escalation, therefore military subjects are large part of human lives to the point, that military service is required for full rights. Modern day Humans, becoming aware of their glorious past, want to restore their previous nature, some of them, with unnatural and untraditional means. It may take large time: years, decades or even centuries, but what is time for an immortal?
>>
File: Noo Liberty Union.png (1MB, 1065x735px) Image search: [Google]
Noo Liberty Union.png
1MB, 1065x735px
Repostin my fluff:

The Noos are a peaceful agrarian society that never really got into a true and proper industrial era, instead they advanced through the means of genuine wanderlust and curiosity.
To the Noo, hard labour in the peacefull and serene countryside was the greatest gift one could get from the All-Mother and the All-Father. This leads us to their faith, the Noo believe that the Great All-Mother (Keh-Oova) and the All-Father (Hek-Kasoo) brought the first grains and animals to the Noos before they departed for lands unknown. It is conciderd bad luck to not say one of the many thanking prayers at the start of the sun season, and at the end it also custom to leave a small offering at one of the small shrines that one can find almost anywhere near Noo settlements [On the Terran Calender the sun season starts in early March, and ends in July on Jhool Prime].
The agrarian society that the Noos means that the term urbanisation is almost alien to them, and many other species will often find the look of chock and awe on a Noo when they visit a big city for the first time.

The Noo Liberty Union is a Democratic Empire, where any member of the society has a say in everything that effects them. The Prime Minister is elected every 10 years, and have the right to run for it as long as he or she wishes, and the content nature of the Noos is what makes the ability to abuse the system almost impossible; "Why would I want to rule forever when I can relax at home and tend to the crops" - Ploa-Ne Moo Former Prime Minister

But the lack of any industrialization is also a weakness for the Noos, as they have adapted to perfectly to their simple ways, that many other planets might be a bit too unwelcoming for them at the start, but as soon the first seeds are planted and the livestock is culled then the Noos will take the challange of settling on an alien world head on.
>>
>>53250647
>>53250668
>>53250691
>>53250714
>>53250760
So, what do you guys think?
>>
Remember, host creatures are nothing without their symbiotes and the people who claim to want to "free" them want to see the hosts returned to cave dwelling savages with 20% their current life spans. These people are racists that refuse to accept symbionts for what they are: inseparable, plural beings that mutually benefit from their joining.
>>
File: 1340494844157_zps6e345d78.jpg (302KB, 636x800px) Image search: [Google]
1340494844157_zps6e345d78.jpg
302KB, 636x800px
Ayyy.
What's good?
>>
>>53250779
I think that you should stop hiding your connection to genocidal, xenocidal extremist groups.
Also, great fluff. Is it supposed to be the truth, or is it propaganda made by the priesthood?
>>53250874
Exposing the Ambassador as the monster he is would be good.
>>
File: 2069435_orig.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2069435_orig.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
>>53250946
That sounds...good.
>>
File: KgSHi6y.jpg (178KB, 850x1038px) Image search: [Google]
KgSHi6y.jpg
178KB, 850x1038px
Is anyone willing to join the greater good?
You get roooboots~
And uh...cool stuff like lasers.
Along with glorious combat!
>>
File: bloodletter.jpg (189KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodletter.jpg
189KB, 800x800px
>>53250946
I do not belong to terrorist organization, known as "new dawn". It is a slanderous myth, created by my enemies at council. And they are discrediting both y name and name of Mankind dominion. I assure all of you, that they shall pay the price to the law!
Thank you! It was my first try to create some fluff. It supposed to be truth, but due to fact, that humans still possess small knowledge of their prefall state, there are various interpretation of the past, leading to creation of organizations, like "new dawn". Also, I've included Angels for the reason, As I am backuping it in case we want to create sort of 40k like daemon invasion
>>
>>53251193
Might I inquire what your church teaches?
>>
A reminder to new races that have not received the memo, do not land on our worlds the atmosphere is extremely corrosive, we will have habitable planets made for others in a few years.
>>
>>53251255
Teachings of official Ecclessiarchy, though represent rl Cathodox teachings at core (Teachings about Trinity, who humans now more often call "Father", angels and demons, etc. so I wont dive Into theology, it will be sort of a tautology), have gained vast amount of knowledge, since appearance of First of the human psykers. Though those psykers reflect mere fragments of the past, they can puzzle up some sorts of minor history, provided both by archaeological evidence from other planets-artifacts that survived after Terror Flash and Revising Ancient Pagan Religions of earth, resembling fragments of history of prefall era.
Modern day Church is guiding Mankind in terms of spirituality. It's primary task is to maintain faith in humans and, after psionic powers became human wide phenomena, to disciple humans to proper use of these powers. they are also tasked to assemble knowledge of past and they are aiding archaeologists and historians by strong psyker individuals.
Regarding place of mankind in universe, they remain to the teaching, that humans are image of god and masters of all creation, therefore supporting state ideology of domination in galaxy, though they state, that role of mankind is to guide other races to prosperity and light. But there are others, including for example human supremacists, that call alien species abominations and seek to eradicate all nonhuman life, in order to restore prefall state of mankind. such organizations include "new dawn".
Does it answer to your question?
>>
>>53251594
Yes
>>
Is there anyone of you would like to know more about our humble empire?
>>
>>53251721
*raises hand* oh, oh, me, me!
Since religious themes became prominent currently, please tell us about your religion. Its pantheon, festivals and organization. What does it teach and what is an ultimate endgoal for your species?
>>
>>53251778
Also, Whats its stance towards aliens?
>>
>>53250779
Well I was hoping to go humans but you seem to have beat me to it with this which is pretty good
>>
>>53251801
Thank you for your compliment.
But there are vast organization in Mankind Dominion. You could represent part of certain groups, like Science department, Ecclesiarchy, Army or etc?
What do you guys think? after we form officially recognized empires, should others, who join represent similarly other groups in your empires? I think it would be fun
>>
>>53251175
Depends can I do heretical things with a female tau and can I pilot a mech?
>>
>>53251778
Our religion is centered around the All-Mother and the All-Father, or as we call them in our language "Keh-Oova" and "Hek-Kasoo", we belive that they brought the first seeds to sow, the first animals to domesticate, and the knowledge on how to use it, and we honour the All-Mother and the All-Father by thanking them at the start of Sun Season, and making offerings to them at the end of the Sun Season at small humble shrines that can be found near any Noo settlement. So in the end, I guess the All-Mother and the All-Father teaches us to enjoy life and feel proud in a hard days work. Since we are agrarian we also hold many Harvest Festivals, or Ooka-No Bahzehze as they are called in our language, during those festivals we enjoy ourselves with drinks, good food, entertainment in various forms, and more.

Endgoal? Does anything really end? But if I were to try and answer it, I would probably say that we want to teach our way of life to those who want to feel rewarded by every day that comes. I hope that answered at least some of your questions?
>>
>>53251969
Excellent answer. It largely covered most of the topic. Also, How is Life after Death in your religion? What happens to Noo after death?
>>
>>53251175
>>53251255
We wish to declare war upon this filth.
>>
>>53252066
Hostilities against a member of the Federation will not be permitted.
>>
File: 1477523986131.png (123KB, 370x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477523986131.png
123KB, 370x400px
For fuck's sake, is THIS what the federation has become?

Where are the fucking Prethoryn when you need them...
>>
>>53251873
Of..of course!
>>53252066
We shall destroy you!
>>
>>53252015
When a Noo dies, we believe that his or hers mind and soul travels to the All-Mother and the All-Father, and this brings us to how we take care of the dead. The family of the deceased takes to body to a small shrine close to where the deceased was born and raised. There it will be laying for 12 days while each family member places single seed or grain every day, so they can show the All-Mother and the All-Father how they have been using their gifts.
>>
>>53252162
Interesting ritual. I have to say, you worked very well at creating your race and its culture!
>>
>>53252274
I just make it up on the spot :/ But thanks
>>
File: display_sazabi.jpg (778KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
display_sazabi.jpg
778KB, 1280x720px
>>53252154
We vote for the blue fuckers to be kicked out.

>>53252156
Bring it!
>>
>>53252297
Please no use of harsh words
Also, Humans are taken. Are you willing to play as a rebel?
>>53252154
greetings
mind you add your own fluff about your species?
>>
>>53252404
The Rebel Federation concedes to this, but still forwards the mentioned motion.
>>
>>53252404
If you insist, from the last thread.

The Collective are not a normal product of evolution rather they are the result of precursor meddling. For reason unknown to the Collective a race of precursors had bombed several planets with a virus, the result of this was all life on these planets becoming mutated in terrible ways and changing the very landscape of the planets into toxic hellholes with atmospheres so corrosive they would erode even the mountains. After a couple thousand years of stagnation the mindless lifeforms started to hear a voice and soon that voice had spoken to all of them on every planet, while not necessarily a hive mind they all share a consciousness while retaining small amounts of individuality per organism.. Before long the creatures started to work to become a full society and learn how to manipulate their unique physiology finding out that their genes are incredibly malleable.

After connecting the many planets they encountered the Vrex an hostile race that had the intention of enslaving the Collective, it was this war that the Deep Children were developed as a massive shock and awe weapon to completely destroy an enemies moral by whipping out home planets.

Most Collective now work to further push their genetic boundaries, and they feel the Federation is the best option for that with both research and observation from other perspectives.
>>
>>53252518
Thank you, Its a decent fluff.
Also, can you specify chart like here? :3
>>53250736
>>53250770

So, Officially recognized races (if you like a particular race, you may play as one of the subbranches of government or even a rebel):
>Humans-Mankind Dominion
>Noo-Noo Liberty Union
>Collective-Collective
waiting others to confirm. Also, I liked the idea of Alara in previous threads.
>>
File: 1494800556623.jpg (68KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
1494800556623.jpg
68KB, 600x879px
>>53252697
Like the tau, this isn't a stellaris race best I can do is the picture Ive been using.
>>
File: fungi.png (76KB, 350x390px) Image search: [Google]
fungi.png
76KB, 350x390px
>>53252806
I see, but still, as it is stellaris is based, I think we should have stellaris portrait for it to, which somewhat represents the concept
I think pic related represents it well. What do you say
>Humans-Mankind Dominion
>Noo-Noo Liberty Union
>Collective-Collective
>Tau-Tau Empire
>Demons
>>
>>53253004
No objections here.
>>
>>53253004
I'm cool with that.
>>
File: rept.png (62KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
rept.png
62KB, 280x350px
>>53253104
oh yeah, as for Tau
I think this represents them somewhat
I would go with humanoid_4, but their ugly backhead and tubes on it are way too off.
What do you say?

[spoiler[So, as it seems, This thread will largely be formation of fluff. General cosmology was formulated by me in first posts and others did excellent job at designing their species, so far. Its just sad, that there are not many people as there were yesterday.[/spoiler]
>>
>>53253227
Well yesterday was a sunday
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (125KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
125KB, 836x1200px
>>53253227
I like this image but I'll use the stetllaris one.
>>
>>53253271
>Oh, I forgot, since I have a day off today :D anywho, Others will join later. meanwhile,, if something, Ill upload stories in this thread to my computer for safekeeping, before we find a decent place to upload it
>>
>>53253327
Oh, no, I think you misunderstood my suggestion.
I'm just telling to use this portrait in case of official fluff uploading. for charts like these
>>53250736
>>53250770
You can use any picture and portrait in other cases.
>>
File: yay.png (871KB, 1005x693px) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
871KB, 1005x693px
This just happend
>>
File: I haz big ship.png (977KB, 835x825px) Image search: [Google]
I haz big ship.png
977KB, 835x825px
>>53253475
>>
>>53253411
Ah I see.
Gotcha.
>>
>>53253475
>>53253505
Oh yes, Xenophile FE-s tend to occasionally
send gifts. They've sent me technology once for example.
>>
>>53253580
I already have gotten free tech from another FE already, so this is my 2nd gift
>>
File: jon-hrubesch-mr-fix-it.jpg (410KB, 1690x1920px) Image search: [Google]
jon-hrubesch-mr-fix-it.jpg
410KB, 1690x1920px
>>53250779
it makes me really want to come up with some lore for the Vorgel.
>>
>>53253724
Do it
You'll do great
>>
Ok, then I shall wait for others to finalize their empires too.
It is really interesting to sort of exercise in writing and develop skills at world building
later guys.
also, Alara (space elves) gave me an interesting idea from their small fluff in previous threads, but it depends on how creator of the race will develop it...
>>
>>53253737
too bad I haven't played stellaris yet... Still pisses me off that I haven't had. A computer in over a year since that 4 year old decided to bash my laptop with a rock while I was headed to DND night T_T.

Still, might as well do it.

Also... If we're going to make a 1d4 page, I'd be ok with becoming it's janitor. I do the same thing with Penal Regiment /tg/.
>>
>>53253814
You don't need to put paragraphs my dude. We're mostly doing this for fun. Just get couple lines thought up and write.
>>
>>53245855

Uh... Sir? Mr. President? You might want to see this...
>>
File: Arthropoid_normal_07.png (97KB, 300x490px) Image search: [Google]
Arthropoid_normal_07.png
97KB, 300x490px
Greetings again from the Holy Atraixian Collective, we wish for an update on the war front so that we may assist if need be.
>>
bumpie?
>>
The Vorgel would likey to open tablez for discussionz of openin' newy shipy yards neary da Heleio Asteroid fieldz ofva da Dema System!
>>
>>53251853
what about VoidWatch the shadowy arm of the Dominion?
>>
WHO THE FUCK TOOK MY PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH
>>
>>53256859
I believe that might have been one of our client races, most likely one of the Mekeriks they have a habit of doing stuff like that.
>>
File: Fungoid_massive_14.png (79KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fungoid_massive_14.png
79KB, 360x400px
You abominations should surrender to our fleets. We will cleanse your worlds as painlessly as possible if you do.
>>
>>53258602
Good luck with that filth.
>>
>>53258602
You sure you want to try that Hazar? Cleansings tend to be a bit....messy.
>>
>>53258602
You have been making these threats over and over but until we see one of your spores survive in our atmosphere we shall continue with our business.
>>
>>53258722
If you do not, then we will simply choke out the ecosphere on your own worlds. Our "liberated" brethren, who you have foolishly believed to be your little puppet state, have already begun this process on every world they have visited.
>>
File: TITANs_JacobAnderson.png (559KB, 798x487px) Image search: [Google]
TITANs_JacobAnderson.png
559KB, 798x487px
*Angry Seed AI noises*
>>
>>53258829
So we've only lost a single prison world and a testing facility?
Hah.
No loss.
>>53258888
What do you want?
>>
>>53259046
Forgot name.
Sorry.
>>
>>53259046
Hah. The abominations admit that they imprison and torture our people. What happened to all of that sympathy for xenos?
>>
>>53259091
You literally stole a fucking mech and killed an entire cadre of Fire warrior's.
Please stop being foolish.
>>
>>53259199
Please. We would not steal or use your evil technology. Our own technology is superior. We are masters of our own forms. Why would we need metal and ceramic when flesh and chitin are much better.
>>
>>53259283
We've seen your technology, you seem to have mistaken "masters of our own forms" for having the same meaning of "we dabble a little with our genomes and thus we are better".
>>
>>53259283
Becuase our plasma will easily burn through your flesh.
Because our force swords can cut through chitin like a knife through wet paper.
>>
>>53259353
>>53259343

You fail to understand. As is expected of pathetic xenos. You have seen our worlds. Everything on them is Hazar. If you kill our warforms, then the environment itself will rise against you.
>>
>>53259471
Good thing we have robots.
>>
File: o8ETB8L.png (336KB, 789x286px) Image search: [Google]
o8ETB8L.png
336KB, 789x286px
>>53253004
Mmm...Ambassador Chlorus, as one of the members present at the beginning and end of the last session, I feel it is necessary to once again represent my peaceful sect's views on the current state of the galaxy.

As a society of peaceful clerics who live in an asteroid belt, we have found a peaceful, isolated life by chaining together six of the largest asteroids with tractor beam generators. We came together in the last few millenia, a collection of myriad reptilian species, with each forming a specific Division that each contributes to the whole of the Selarian Clergy.

As a society, we are ruled by a council of the heads of each of our 6 divisions, any ties being broken by the Chief Abbot. His duties include mediating any inter-Division conflicts and council sessions. His own species is exempt from the daily duties of the Selarian Clergy, and they maintain executive governmental positions or spend most of their time meditating, in order to occasionally

Specifically, I of the Macularius Division was sent here in the rare instance where the Clerics need foreign diplomacy, away from my normal function of accounting and bookkeeping.

Which brings me to the caste system that defines our society. On each major temple located on each of the main asteroids, the six Divisions each have equal relevance in the local asteroid government. Centralized government power stems from the main asteroid at the head of the chain, led by the Chief Abbot.
Additionally, settlers who wish to commit to our way of life often have personal or communal tractor beam generators to hook on to the main asteroids.

Our central religion is mostly philosophical, with no deities, founded by the Abbott's race. Its motto is:'The inner calm reaches out to placate the shifts of life'.
In essence, our belief centers on the goodness inherent in life and this generation of Abbott preaches more intergalactic action so we have spread more missionaries in the last few years.
>>
>>53259520
Hahahaha. Robots need maintenence. How will your steel golems work when they are choked out by fungus and growth?
>>
>>53259581
We send more.
Duh.
>>
>>53259601
Then we will break them too.
>>
>>53259657
We have a lot of robots
>>
>>53259568
As part of our religious ceremonies, the ones we hold in highest regard are funerary, the revolution of our asteroid belt around our section of the galaxy and the anniversary of the Selarian founding. For any of the faith who wish to inter their deceased, the funerary rites we hold are open to all. Either we vertically place the deceased into an asteroid’s naturally occurring placid pockets of water, allowing the ripples to resound and reflect off until the water has settled. The cold of the vacuum of space keeps their bodies preserved. Or we light a beacon, cremating the corpse by wrapping it in ribbons of reactive magnelux metal and ritually placing them at the top of our tallest towers, which produces an extremely bright light.
Additionally, my good councilors and representatives in this trying time of much war and bloodshed the Selarian Clerics would like to give our condolences. We are offering to send neutral volunteers to collect the bodies of the wounded or deceased on the front lines. We could take them to the Selarian Home Cluster and we promise to provide medicine and funerals for these brave warriors. But we must be transparent, we will also be taking the Raduxo in and our Chief Abbot is firm that we will be enforcing a period of neutrality amongst all who would visit our chain of temples to pay respects. So watch in the evening sky fellow diplomats for our memorial has begun, a thousand beacons for every hundred souls lost. Ahh...look the first has been lit. Pray that these troubling times come to an end soon.
>>
>>53259568
>>53260014
Additionally, the Abbot has requested an interest in being inducted into the official roster of the Federation’s recognized organizations as we can offer essential aid to troops on the border. Additionally we can offer our most sacred seeding the harsh rock with one of the essential elements to our way of life: the Universal Seed. With the capability to rapidly adapt to its environment, the plant has shaped our way of life as the main food crop and a symbol of how life can shift to maintain constant balance in order to survive. Thus, we could generously offer a chest of seeds, enough to colonize over a thousand barren asteroids, the bounty of last cycle’s harvest.
How's this fluff so far?
>>
>>53260014
We wish to send an ambassador to witness this ceremony, we find it fascinating and wish to learn more.
>>
>>53260014
I have to see this.
>>
>>53251018
This reminds me of Bionicle for some reason.

I really don't know why.
>>
>>53260235
I miss Bionicle
>>
>>53260282
Same here
>>
>>53260282
>>53260418
Why did you do this LEGO?
>>
>>53260695
They aren't the best company
>>
>>53260802
exterminate LEGO when?
>>
>>53260923
Eh.
I dunno.
Anytime is good.
>>
>>53260104
>>53260179
Ahh...of course you are very much welcome to attend my good representatives. The Abbott welcomes all to this solemn ceremony and perhaps you may learn of our culture while you attend. Wht would you like to know?
>>
>>53260941
I think that falls into Humanities dominion of power ask them how they plan to deal with these transgressions.
>>
>>53261184
We just wish to observe, we are incredibly curious about other cultures behavior.
>>
>>53261184
I too, simply want to see this happen.
>>
>>53261185
Our cowardly government would never do such a thing. They are ruled and controlled by the executives.

However, if we were supplied adequately, we would be more than happy to... take care of it.
>>
File: ldrcfghj.png (283KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
ldrcfghj.png
283KB, 540x720px
>>53261340
>>53261436
Then we welcome your representatives and they will behold the stages of the ceremony: .
First, the bodies are ritually wrapped in cloth after being heavily powdered with fragrant incense and bathed in holy oil. This process simultaneously mummifies the corpses to prevent waterlogging and also makes them more flammable for cremation.
As the bodies of the deceased are carried by a group of priests on a humble gurney, these pallbearer will be followed by a procession of chanters. Followed by relatives and former associates of the deceased, the procession makes its way either up the steps towards the beacon towers or into the caverns where an asteroid's natural pockets of water are.
The lighting of beacons is traditionally done in unison, so that each asteroid in our society lights one after another. In the instance where bodies cannot be recovered, the ritual burning of magnelux ribbons is still conducted at each tower's crucible.
If given a water burial, the deceased is slowly sunk into the asteroid's cold, placid lakes, the ripples produced symbolize the change generated from the death, as opposed to the lights which symbolize the brief but bright life of the deceased. In both instances the change introduced is allowed to settle, representing peace returning, no matter what. The masses leave silently, whenever they wish.
>>
How's everyone in the Federation doing today?
>>
Hello, subh...Xeno friends!

Non-Federation message: So, as you can see, I've created a sort of a fluff for our setting, which got a praise from audience. For that, I say thank you. This is my first time, so your compliments were very heartwarming for me.
But I think I left some spots in human history, so I shall post my second work today. I'll use Alaris (space elves. I like elves) for this too,and will create a slight fluff for them too, if I may. The concept that I am thinking on was largely inspired by book of Enoch. that I will expand later
See you all :^)
>>
>>53265864
Hello, marvelous chanterelle!
How was in your farm today?
>>
>>53266109
Greetings Ambassador, the farms are doing great and the animals are healthy, thank you for asking.

Off topic: I should really come up and write down what the Noos are growing and what the animal(s) they use as livestock is.
>>
>>53266206
Nice that you took worldbuilding seriously. I will wait for your fluff :3
>>
>>53265864
We are well, speaker. The stars have predicted a bountiful harvest this season and so we celebrate.

>>53266102
More fluff is certainly welcome, the only fluff I really have so far is:
>Space elf crusader-paladins
>Worship Alaran, God of Flame and Light
>Ruled by the Divine Dynasty, whom are believed to be descended from Alaran himself
>Wield light and fire themed psionic powers
>Prepare for a prophesied apocalypse, the end times in which Alaran's angelic legions will ascend from the stars to fight a threat seeking to extinguish all light in the galaxy (possibly related to the warning in >>53245855)
though I don't mind if you change it a bit, what you've done so far is really good.
>>
File: Elaamind-Neo-Autocracy.png (673KB, 1037x706px) Image search: [Google]
Elaamind-Neo-Autocracy.png
673KB, 1037x706px
>>53250647
>In the beginning
>God
Pftahahahahahaha is this guy for real?
>>
File: 102446610-352-k498353.jpg (20KB, 352x550px) Image search: [Google]
102446610-352-k498353.jpg
20KB, 352x550px
>>53265864
>>53266109
Oh yes, hello to you too, fellow representatives. Tell me, how is the official register for Federation species coming along?
>>
>>53266255
Off topic:
>Nice that you took worldbuilding seriously

I love coming up with new and cool stuff, for example, I have written tons of stuff for my dudes in 40k and AoS, I have even made an entire sector in 40k! So yeah, I love to write stuff
>>
>>53266255
Off topic: So what are the more developed alien societies again? i remember the tau, the humans, the noo, the alarans, the collective and maybe the vorgel. Is that right? also could you give advice on my previous fluff? Since you wrote alot for humans and made them way more interesting than usual
>>
>>53266296
Blasphemers will burn, xeno heretic!
please write fluff for your people and species, I shall add your nation to the list. Also,
since you are going as materialistic/atheistic,
please think of the official philosophy/ideology of your nation, its main doctrines and principles.
ok, thank you :3

>>53266274
Thank you, I'm currently working on it, and post it as soon as possible

>>53266351
I see that you developed your species and nations quite well. Since in this thread, we are more working on religions/philosophies, develop those. Develop tenets and teachings. What is considered to be good? What's it's stance toward social aspects (marriage, family, slavery or freedom, etc.), How do your race views death and afterlife? Your philosophy, as I see it, somewhat resembles Taoism and (on a bit lesser degree) Buddhism, so I advice you, that if you will have time, to look on them.It may serve as certain guideline for creation of doctrine.
Did it answer the question? :3
>>
>>53266554
Fluff time:
The Noo make use of a multitude of crops in their empire, many old, and many new. But the most common crops is the Tavazo-Ous (translates to Soft Cocoon in English). It's a thick and tall coocon like plants that thrives in dank and open places. The Tavozo-Ous takes roughly 5 months to grow, and it is harvested by taking the cocoon and cutting it open. Inside is a mushy sponge like mass that is scooped out and eaten.

When it comes to Animals the two most primary livestock animals is the Gekhazha Hoo, and the Jork-Ezoo.
The Gekhazha Hoo is a large insect that is roughly the the size of a human automobile. It's very doctile and gentle, so it made the perfect animal to use as livestock. The Gekhazha Hoo has two uses to the Noo, the first being it's thick and protein rich meat, and the other is the softer parts of the shell is ideal for making clothing to the Noo.
The Jork-Ezoo is a small football sized slug. It is used to get the nectar it produces by eating algae growing next to water. The nectar is used as seasoning for many dishes in the Noo cuisine. The Jork-Ezoo can also be used in many ways, including boiled, steamed, grilled, etc

I just wrote some stuff of quickly, but what do you think?
>>
File: xeno.png (86KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
xeno.png
86KB, 320x400px
>>53266554
Hopefully not too grimdark

Ogrum-Jett society underwent an enormous upheaval during the late industrial age due to cataclysmic weather changes that transformed the majority of the planet into desert. The small pockets of survivors quickly turned to slavery to ensure their own survival. For centuries, the planet was dominated by feuding warlords, each with a retinue of slaves, which grew larger and larger as time went by. Over time these warlords became venerated by their captives, and a religion emerged worshipping those in power as fragments of the divine. Old technology was rediscovered, wars became larger and larger, and when the planet was finally reunited under the rule of a singular leader, she was agreed to be a link to the divine.

Since that time, the Ogrum-Jett have adapted to their new environment and founded an empire more prosperous than they had been even before the fall. But the culture of enslavement that built the new world has endured and the Empire is rigidly classist. The current emperor traces his lineage all the way back to that founding conqueror, and is worshipped just as fervently. However nowadays he is little more than a figurehead. The true seat of power is believed to lie amongst the powerful slaver guilds that operate underneath him.
>>
nonfederation message: Ok, so, I've finished my second work. Concept I am working on was inspired by monotheistic religion of Alara (that gave me this idea), classical elven stereotypes (somewhat), Book of Enoch, Elder scrolls setting (you will see it in several names) and "Diablo" fluff. I've formed certain concepts of Alaran faith too and their certain racial characteristics. It may be that they will resemble humans a bit, but there are large space to work on them too. Though, if Creator of Alara will dislike aspects of this fluff, its his nation and its up to him to decide. I remind you, that I am a beginner in this, so please tell me your opinions to improve my skills. Also, as you may have know already by my writing, English is not my prime language, so I apologize for any mistakes in my writing. I like the fact, that most of you in this thread are friendly, therefore your opinions are valuable for me your feedback is appreciated.
Alrighty then, so here's my second work, "like two drops...":
>>
>>53267649
oh, forgot to mention the prologue:
it will be about early history of mankind, certain aspects of Ecclesiarchy formation of human-xeno attitude and first encounter with Alara.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1662x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1662x1155px
>>53267649
>>53267665
>”Like two drops…”
>Let’s talk about Knowledge. It is said, that “knowledge is power”. Indeed, it is and, depends on knowledge, it can raise you to heavens or toss you to depts of oblivion. Thanks to knowledge, our scientists developed machines that would be considered arcane several centuries ago. Thanks to Knowledge in biology and genetics, we ended world hunger and we can cure once lethal diseases as flu. But there are certain knowledge, that can cause harm. Some of them will just make siblings angry at each other, but then they will resolve it while they "go out to the field". Moreover, some of them can cause chaos in entire galaxy and perhaps universe. Harmful knowledge is the reason secrets exist, though now it is degraded and used even for simplest of mundane purposes. The importance of knowledge is safeguard of that knowledge is perfectly seen in history of church.
>>
>>53267681
>Traditionally, Christian churches were always open in their teachings. It was more of the direct order from God, who said “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” to first apostles, before departing. Therefore, they were always openly sharing the knowledge they possessed with everyone. Though later as time passed, certain aspects have changed and secrecy appeared in church too, (which led to creation of Vatican library for example), they remained open for everyone at large part. Then came 2054, at 1000 anniversary of division, Catholic and Orthodox churches mended the great schism. It was a crucial time, that decided future of mankind at large. It is about Joint speech of patriarchs, where bishop of Rome, Primus inter pares and patriarch of the west declared the intentions of church to spread its teaching to everyone. Unification of church was long process that ended, when Christian nations decided to form a confederation that would later become foundation of government of modern Mankind Dominion. This lead to creation of other coalitional forces throughout Earth. Thus, second cold war, “Age of Escalation” began.
>>
>>53267694
>Unification of both churches and nations led to accumulation of large wealth. This prosperity led to development of science and technology. New methods of interstellar colonization were created. Once hostile worlds were turning into an agricultural communities or industrial settlements. But as Mankind were expanding to celestial bodies, they somewhat felt loneliness and melancholy. Then, at 2143, Astronomers on terra received a signal, coming from an alien vessel. It was a tremendous discovery. Humans were not alone! Mind, that this is the era, when expanding humanity were seeking others to “play with”, that led to creation of somewhat xenophilic tendencies. Discovery of sentient life also was an important for church. Bishops were gathering to decide a verdict for nonhuman sentient life. More of them were actually following the xenophilic aura in society and leaning to the fact, that humans were “apostles of universe” and they should have helped xenos to see saving light of Almighty.
>>
>>53267703
>These tendencies ended shortly, mere decade after Psionic awakening of Human race happened. While it proved truth of the teaching of the church, which in turn helped to unify earth as single governmental body, it also revealed some minor history of their birthright, that they were only ones alongside with angels, to be created by god. Xenophilic hospitality quickly changed to arrogant xenophobia. Aliens were now considered to be subhumans. Discovery of certain aspects, related to their previous position, also led to the fact, that humans became secretive with their teachings. The official positions and knowledge, shared by the Ecclesiarchy and Humans in general is only the top of iceberg that aliens see. First direct interaction of xenos also led to another fact that put their arrogance on a new height. Psykic humans sensed no true sign of spiritual essence in them (later known as “heaven mark”). They had no immortal soul and weren’t able to go to heavens/shroud! Their Consciousness were permanently bound to mundus. All the species that they’ve discovered were same in this subject. Humans were now sure that they were unique special snowflakes, Prime creation, masters of universe and multiverse, Imago Dei, though retaining helpful attitude, towards others. However, there was one encounter that had a serious impact on humanity, making it even more secretive.
>>
>>53267723
>This happened several years ago, before this note was written. An alien vessel crashed at human colony on Arctic World of Coldharbour, Star System Stonefire. Colonists that were relaxing at near frozen lake went to help them. When they approached to them, they saw crew emerging from ship. Most of them survived. Though they were still far away, humans saw how they opened their helmets and their faces appeared. The sight astonished them. Elegant and Fair creatures, resembling tales about elves that are popular even today. However, there was more than that. it wasn’t the look that fascinated them. Seeing them left an inner feeling as if they saw long lost lovers, as if they were created for each other. Humans ran towards them and offered help to newly discovered species, that than became known as Alara.
>>
>>53267737

>As they appeared towards them and offered a hand as a salute, they became shocked, as during a handshake, they felt a “heaven mark” in them! Though not as strong as human one (like comparing a sun to a candlelight), Psykic humans felt it as blurring fire of immortality. It was a fact that nearly caused existential crisis of humanity. Only those, who were directly created by God, possessed “Heaven mark”. Discovery of another species (later discovered to be psykers too), possessing it was the fact that could collapse entire imagination about human place in universe and beyond. Psykers tend to see immaterial essence of dead. Other dying xenos just emit their mere decaying consciousness as light air from entire body, like a small blizzard. However, once human dies, before its immortal soul departs to Shroud, where he will live in his own plain of existence in joy or misery (“heaven or hell”), psyker can see as he comes from mouth and eyes as immaterial wondrous blazing fire, then reshaping himself as his material appearance was and leaving to shroud. (This led to another type of sanctification of human skull that was used as symbol by church since first century). As Alara recovered dead bodies of their deceased brothers and sisters, Humans saw how small, yet seen flames emitted from their eyes and mouth, slowly reshaping as their material body was, further confirming their possession of immortal soul. But larger cultural shock awaited to them from newly met Alara, who nowadays humans sometimes tend just to call elves or, for some reason, “fruits”, though no one but humans understands the origin of the second nickname.
>>
>>53267750
>Humans, who were still shocked by all those facts they’ve seen, offered Alara a rest at local colony of Urbhiems. They were generously received by local bishop, venerable Theodosius, godly and honest working person. Father Theodosius was a greatly erudite man. He worked in many spheres, from chemistry and physics to art and literature. However, his main interests were still religious history and culture. At first, he was researching history of early Christian church, but later became interested in religions of other races too. “Fortunately”, for Father Theodosius, amongst the crew was Alaran theologian, who knew nearly all tenets of Alaran faith. Father Theodosius became excited and quickly asked the theologian to tell him about his religion, further expanding his collection of knowledge about xeno faiths. He expected to hear some polytheistic or dualistic story that he heard many times from other xenos, but his face show amusement and concern, when theologian began talking about Alaran, (sometimes called “Firegod” or “Lightgod”), single God of triune nature, resembling trinity of Christian faith, concepts of savior God, materializing in mundus. When theologian began talking about End times, Father Theodosius, who were nearly drowning in his own sweat, interrupted and said “And host of celestial angels shall fight the eternal enemy, slay the thread to the universe and there will be new life and joy”. “Indeed”, answered theologian, “You… you know all of it too? It is exciting! After decades of search between heathen races, is it possible that we found brothers in faith from another stars?!”. Though Father Theodosius didn’t heard these words, as he rolled from a chair and nearly broke his spine, falling in coma (later he recovered).
>>
>>53267763
>All of this nearly caused an existential crisis in humanity. They found another sentients with immortal (somewhat differently, but still) souls, and what’s more important, possessing knowledge about Trinity, that was supposed to be known by humans only. As if they were like two drops of water. Any kind of influence since “Terror Flash” could be excluded, as modern Alaran Faith was several millennia old. How could this happen, concerned everyone. Arrogant Humans now felt same feeling, as legendary Lucifer supposed to feel, when he discovered about plan of Creator about mankind. If it would happen before end of “age of escalation”, they would perhaps be excited to found them…perhaps, though it’s doubtful, as humans are Prideful by heart as legendary demons that are despised by them. Entire Humanity began to work on the subject. Historians seeking oldest records in achieves and reviewing ancient pagan religions again. Archeologists, searching for artefacts that could answer these questions. Church scholars revising religious works from early fathers to modern day, opinions of other prominent theologians and even apocryphal literature.
>>
>>53267773
>Later, thanks to the non-stop work of prominent psykers (that nearly left them mentally degenerate for lifetime). they managed to find the answer and discover new facts about their subject. Fortunately for them, Human status as “special snowflakes” were saved, but there were other facts discovered during the search, that made humans even more secretive, than usual. They became more cautious especially to Alarans, who were amazed and somewhat saddened by the attitude from the people that they would expect to be cheerful for them, with whom they also felt unusual attitude as if they were connected in days long past…
>>
File: the end.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the end.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>53267681
>>53267694
>>53267703
>>53267723
>>53267737
>>53267763
>>53267773
>>53267786

Its done :3
>>
>>53267796
I liked it, a few spelling errors, but it didn't really matter so much
>>
>>53267817
Thank you. Mind you pointing me to those errors?
>>
>>53267901
I can do it when I get home from work
>>
>>53268070
ok, thank you :3
>>
File: The-Triangulum-Galaxy.jpg (244KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
The-Triangulum-Galaxy.jpg
244KB, 1024x683px
My fellow delegates and ambassadors, i propose a joint effort by this galactic government. A truly co-operative program, I propose we begin exploration of another galaxy. Triangulum
>>
>>53267796
It's amazing, especially if english isn't your first language.
>>
>>53266554
Thanks for the advice. i would say that the Selarian Clerics place a religious emphasis on cycles as well. Specifically, travel plays an important role in their religion as their asteroid belt revolves around the circumference of their solar system and their origins center around the Abbott's species reaching enlightenment first and then touring the solar system, collecting all the faithful members of each planet's species and then making the pilgrimage to the asteroid belt. The Clerics' virtues and definitions of goodness are strong personal morals that abide to one's moral code. And since the society has been isolated for many years, there are few social outcasts and any are taught the benefits of tolerance in order to understand the main philosophy of residual and consequential change. This notion that life is the root of meaningful change is central to the religion we teach. It is only surpassed by our eternal goal which is to preach inner calm, defined as the ability for life to adapt to any change, from within and without. This is why our scared crop, the Universal Seed is essential to our way of life.
>>53266827
As a fun fact its nice to know and could be fun to explore. How do mushroom people eat, exactly?
>>
File: IMG_2360.png (144KB, 430x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2360.png
144KB, 430x470px
>>53268575
>How do mushroom people eat, exactly?

I would just say that they have some hidden mouth somewhere under one of the flaps of skin(fungi??)
>>
>>53266827
>>53267056
oh, sorry, I only now mentioned your posts, so sorry for later reply
>>53266827
I'm actually amazed that you are looking even on a slightest details of your species as culinary. Its an interesting topic.
>>53267056
Interesting and unique set. It somehow reminds me of dark eldar, commoragh and warring cabals of DEldar.
Waiting for expanded fluff with excitement.
>>53268388
thank you! I'm happy that you liked it. Is it fine? I hope id didnt alter your ideas severely. I tried to put most of the perspective design to be more open.
>>53268575
Nice Philosophy and description of rituals. but you didnt answer life after death subject.

Also, as we all know, important subject of culture is burial rituals. So I think that it will be nice, if you would write about subject with a few words. I will post mine sooner. If you will have difficulties, address to rl religions or already existing fantasy settinges. My ritual is somewhat inspired by 40k setting and Christianity. There are many other methods to work with, like Zoroastrian sky burial, Indian cremation or Norse boat burning or just boat burial.
what do you think?
>>
>>53268388
>>53267796
I created some more developed fluff of the Alari's origin and why they have a 'soul' despite not being created by god. I tried to make it fit in with what you have so far though I'm not sure how well I succeeded. Let me know if you had a better idea in mind or just think it doesnt work.
https://pastebin.com/fYR9tdun

>>53269035
When an Alari passes away, a great and solemn funeral is held in the deceased's honour, one that lasts an entire one of Alar's 20 hour nights. The body of the fallen is coated with a special substance,
that upon the dawn, bursts into brilliant white flames, consuming the deceased body in a great conflagration, bringing his soul to Alaran.
>>
Off topic: Should we make a join Google docs or 1d4chan page for us, so we can set some things in stone for the setting
>>
>>53269292
>I created some more developed fluff of the Alari's origin and why they have a 'soul' despite not being created by god. I tried to make it fit in with what you have so far though I'm not sure how well I succeeded. Let me know if you had a better idea in mind or just think it doesnt work.
Thats funny, because what you wrote largely coincides with my thoughts. :D a bit differences exist, but this is what I mostly thought about them. I also planned to connect it with The fall of mankind, so you gave me a fun idea to work with.
>>
File: skull.jpg (15KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
skull.jpg
15KB, 236x314px
now my burial:
>Burial ritual is an essential part of human culture since first civilizations. Though various rituals and methods existed throughout time, most common was ordinary burial in soil, which is performed even today. The large part in this ritual was played by sun, which, was symbol of god or divine power in nearly every human culture, including (alongside with fire and light) Christianity. Usually, dead were buried facing east to face a rising sun (symbolically, God). This tradition lasts even today. As humankind colonized other planets, main star was always the pointing direction for the dead. After psychic awakening, when humans witnessed how deceased souls were leaving body as blazing flames from mouth and eyes, Skull became even more prominent and sanctified part of a body. However, after colonization and overpopulation, problems regarding graveyards arouse. So new tradition developed: Skull towers.
>>
>>53269436
>Humans managed to develop flesh-degrading bacteria that affected dead bodies. It was once primarily used for animals only, but soon it took part in a newly developed ritual: Dead human body is placed in a “coffin” with abovementioned bacteria that degrades everything but bones. Then everything but skull is remade as a fertilizer. As for the skull: a cross pattee (symbol of religion of humanity) is carved upon skull, that is gilded and placed upon its place in tower with the name of the deceased. Skulls, as once buried bodies, look towards the rising sun. It should be noted, that even after soul leaves the body, skull remains only part of the body that still radiates shroud energy. Therefore Aliens who visit these cemeteries feel…uncomfortable, as if small needles are poking their brains.
>>
>>53269436
>>53269462
I may alter it a bit later.
>>
>>53269331
I'm thinking Google Doc
>>
>>53269331
to be honest I would prefer 1d4chan
>>
>>53269035
Personally, I feel like the religion's position does not deal with life after death since they thematically are all about letting things rest and return back to their original state, which is the calm that was present before all life began. And since it is a relatively new movement, I think they would not require the need to answer every question like most religions created before the introduction of most modern science. This is why when life is born and when life is ended, the most important rituals are held, respectively symbolizing the introduction of change and a desire to calm it in order to adhere with Selarian beliefs, and remembering the fruitful changes one's life has brought about while recognising their impermanence in a humbling way.
The burial rituals I described previously in detail , but I think the rituals regarding birth are equally sacred. It depends on which asteroid you live on or which culture your parents belong to but most involve bathing a child in one of the rare rivers that have been artificially created for irrigation and having the baby's fortune told by the Furcifer division in an attempt to ordain what change they will bring to the galaxy. Eating the bud of a Universal Seed plant is also common as it represents the epitome of the Selarian's version of inner calm entering the body.
As a result of their devotion to the goal of making people follow the way of inner calm, the clergy are celibate in order to not have children that will create new change and so that overly emotional relationships do not disrupt the emotional balance of the society.
>>
>>53269609
Nicely formulated. You have an excellent writing skills, I must say.
>>
File: 90px-Fungoid_massive_14.png (11KB, 90x100px) Image search: [Google]
90px-Fungoid_massive_14.png
11KB, 90x100px
Ehh...iz this thing on? Ahh..roight, allow me to introduce moiself and moi glorious peoplez. See when you getz to know the Kronch, you gotz to knows two thingz: Uptown Kronch and Downtown Kronch. The peoplez and the places. Those Uptown Kronch knows nothing about us good folk the Downtown Kronch. See, they named this whole planet after us but they forgetz about the little guy. Up in their ivory towerz, those guyz are identically similar to us but living in the higher levels of the hive city makes the think they iz so superior. Talking with them funny accentz and looking down at us lower folk they call the 'diz-in-fran-chized masses'
Now a downz-to-earf Kronch like meself gitz to know his peoplez. Sure, roight now I'm in this neat little bunkah, shielding this signal from thoze boo-zwah-zee Uptown centralized gubment types, but nohmally, I along with moi fellow local town councilors, tour the lower hive city and listen to public opinion.
Good thing I found you guys, maybe you can help liberate us down here in Downtown and get to know us. We get nearly no light, but at least we're better than those Uptown types, with that green sprouting from their chitin. Disgusting. We are an ee-ko-lo-jikal miracle so I'm told. Half plant, half animal and...uhh...part fungal. Anywayz, good luck wit the Federation, hope you can visit, would luv to be invited.
>>
>>53269783
Thanks so much, you too. I mean the effort you put into both civilizations you developed helped make them very cool and unique rather than generic humans and space elves
>>
File: dam humies.png (882KB, 525x719px) Image search: [Google]
dam humies.png
882KB, 525x719px
>>53270086
Nice try Human
You try to lure us to another trap as in war against Hazar, or "operation Azazel", dont you?
>>
File: Chorruk city hall.jpg (109KB, 488x825px) Image search: [Google]
Chorruk city hall.jpg
109KB, 488x825px
>>53270130
Oi, youz a looker ain't ya? But no, we iz no humie as you call'em. Just try'na make'em aware of our situation, seein' as they seem to be lore compiler of dis here Federation session. Noice to hear anutha Downtown accent though, and from what i hear, you orks are part fungal too, aren't ya?
>>
>>53269035
Glad you like it! Here's a bit more focus on the faith.

>Ogrum-Jett faith is built around the worship of an emperor, who is given the title of “Ascended” and succeeded by an anointed offspring. The Emperor’s lineage can be traced all the way back to the warlord who united the planet millennia ago.

>It is believed that an Ogrum-Jett is spiritually bound to a past Ascended determined by the alignment of the planets during his birth, among other factors. Upon death, that Ogrum-Jett is granted entry to a golden palace where he will the join that Ascended. Those born slaves are expected to tend to him, those born masters are expected to feast with him. Either situation is considered a great honour.

>It is believed that only an Ascended houses a “soul” and that the rest of the Ogrum-Jett are sustained in the afterlife by its immense power. If an Ogrum-Jett has sinned, the ascended will deny him the light of his soul, banishing him into the void. Notable sins of Ogrum-Jett society include skirting one’s duties, killing a master and of course, treason against the Ascended.

>In a galaxy brimming with myriad sentient races, is assumed that most xenos are similarly lacking a soul, though Ogrum-Jett scholars have posited that long-term presidents, other emperors and megacorporation mascots may possess a soul akin to an Ascended, albeit far weaker.
>>
>>53270117
Thank you, I admire your compliment and very happy, that you guys like it.
Though I have to admit, that I am not very original in this.
Large part of fluff I wrote regarding humans was taken from concept of Divinization, that are official teachings of Catholic and Orthodox Churches (I'm Orthodox myself). I altered it a bit, of course, but in truth, I had a large fundament to base upon. Effort you guys put in developing your species from scrap and inventing original and unique ideas, traditions, rituals and philosophies is exciting and I think that it is worth more appreciation. You guys are excellent worldbuilders!
>>
>>53270224
Splendid work with your fluff. Your Ideas are pretty unique.
>>
BTW, I am working regarding Alara. Though I thought about it differently, Alaranon gave me an interesting idea. but I think that it is too rushed to be posted yet so I'll perhaps wait for some time to post it. maybe in next thread...
>>
>>53270086
We are not too sure on the Federations policy regarding interference with interior problems.
>>
>>53270376
Well,uhh maybe we can leave dat for next time then? It seemz you Collective boyz got a bretty gud handle on fings, would you mind telling us about ur home, seeing as how unified u seemz to be? to be frank, we got spaceshipz but most of us in Downtown are local boyz, we'd just luv to hear bout the rest of the galaxy, seein how you got a luvly Federation and all.
>>
>>53270223
wo do ya cal fungy ya git? Da ork boyz wil bash ya hed, weaklin'!
WAAAAAAAGH!
>>
All this world building now I feel I need to add more.

>The Collective view spirituality very differently as they have little concept of the self, instead they try to view the larger picture and see the universe as a whole and try to find some balance and orginization in the chaos.

>In regards to food they derive nutrients from their unique atmosphere, this would make traveling off world difficult but they can stay out of atmosphere for about a year before needing to return to one of there planets.

>Their technology is entirely organic with mundane equipment given the intelligence of an animal, and larger equipment such as starships need full sentience to function at peak efficiency.

that's all i have now I'll probably have more when I get home although I can answer any questions
>>
>>53270642
Our homes are covered in a deep for of gas that has a tendency of corroding all metal.
>>
File: orks3.gif (24KB, 314x242px) Image search: [Google]
orks3.gif
24KB, 314x242px
>>53270754
Wut d'ya call dis den, ya dum squidge-fer-brainz?! It sez roight here you iz fungal and you best not deny it, iz in your heritage. Yer ROOTS! Listen to that fungi in yer soul and let go of all dis 'waaagh' bizness, come to Kronch and lets talk about who we think could use some...heh heh...'WAAAGH.'
>>
>>53270815
Interesting one. I personally think that Hiveminds are hardest to model, so nice work and good luck in writing them
And a question: You said that certain drones retain some kind of """self""". is it possible for drones to...revolt against mind?
>>
>>53271103
Not really, think of each drone as having two conscious' the hive is the main and dictates most action, and a second smaller one that dictates smaller actions that would need a more personal touch like during combat.
>>
bumpie?
>>
So what happened to the Ploraxians they kinda just fell off the face of the galaxy.
>>
The Imperial Ploraxian Realms are a feudalistic government ruled by a star emperor, who is elected and has his dynasty there until he fails to has an heir.

The Ploraxians arose from Ploraxia, where they evolved from hawk-like creatures which hunted animals. They are omnivores, and also reproduce via sexual reproduction. The first communities evolved nearly 40,000 years before the first human communities. From there on they had a simple hunter-gatherer lifestyle, until the great blight occured. The great blight was a fungal infection which ruined the jungle. From there on they developed the agrarian societies. From there on forth they developed the feudalistic kingdom states, and the first houses. This progressed for several hundred years until the industrialization. From there on forth the great war of unification occured, and the age of stagnation was ended. The previous dynasty was killed, and the Kinroto dynasty was established. The colonization of the moon of Koter and the other solar system began from that, and then we developed the first warp drives.

They are a very materialistic society, as the first robots were developed during the Medival age. They also had a militaristic culture, wher many wars were fought. They are tolerant of aliens, and were one of the founding members of the federation. The minister regent is elected, but the emperor is hereditery until his dynasty ends. The sexes are equal, and their empire is nearly 2,000 lightyears across, and has about 30 total houses. six species are in the empire.
>>
>>53272557
The Ploraxians are still alive, do not fret. OP was busy,
>>
>>53274224
Xenos are treated with respect, and ploraxians are an industrious, hardworking people. They have their robots, and they are very,very competitive. In fact, their politics are very ,very cutthroat. Another thing is that they have fought many wars, and were victorious in all but one, the pack war, where they suffered a draw. They are one of the founding members of this federation, and also are very, very intelligent. They could advance across space in a matter of centuries!
>>
>>53274224
>>53274897
What do you think of my fluff?
>>
>>53269331
14dchan, it is much more permanent. Do it!
>>
>>53250602
The interstellar flight was excellent, representative.
>>
>>53275203
Yes Representative how are things on the front for your people?
>>
>>53276329
Yes, everything is good. Read my fluff as well desu.
>>
>>53277485
I did was was quite good, I would like to know about the other species if you have any ideas on them wish to elaborate.
>>
>>53277537
The Dabulans, but that's for another day m8.
>>
File: Mammalian_massive_14.png (262KB, 420x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mammalian_massive_14.png
262KB, 420x450px
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]

Greetings. I am Ambassador Thaloth, and I speak for the Khanate. I bring you warm tidings from Khagan Lungri, Khan of Khans, tul'Razha, Lord of all Shiyr; long may he reign in glory.

Our instruments intercepted your various communications, and the wisest of our khans worked long to translate the many languages.

We are the Shiyr Khanate, and we have much to discuss.
>>
>>53281120
Greetings to you! We would like to know about your people and its culture
can I pet you? :3
>>
>>53281120
Greetings Ambassador, may your Khanate remain in good health, we are looking forward to open dialogue between our people.
>>
Off topic: I'm sorry, if i annoy you guys with my advices, but if i may, i shall post a tip: Many posted religions of their species, but I've yet to see materialists official philosophies. Just to note: for authoritarian materialist empires, I would advice to look a bit on concepts of Confucianism and legalism. For egalitarian ones: mohism.
>>
I'm bored so here's some more fluff

Noo economy:
The Noo system of economics is a mix of using currency and barter. The barter part is a remnant of the old Noo society when trading goods and services were common. The currency itself is called Polos-Kah Jao meaning "Valuable Trade" trough the translator.
The Polos-Kah Jao is now days digital, but coins and bills are still in circulation. To easily figure out the value of the Polos-Kah Jao one could use the value of Platinum and divide it by 15, then you'll have the value of 1 Polos-Kah Jao
>>
Well, this thread seems to be dying...
>>
>>53285049
Yeah. They don't have the OP magic skills.
>>
Good Evening again, xenos! (of course if your planets are not tidally locked, that would make this statement completely pointless).
I was expecting this thread to be a bit more... lively...
>>
>>53287383
Our planets are incredibly varied so we have a standard time for all of us.
>>
>>53287430
Indeed
This fact, I tend to forget sometimes.
>>
>>53287473
It's ok Ambassador, we all forget this now and again
>>
>>53287493
>forget things*
>>
So it seemed we had a massive communications failure, odd thing if you ask us.
>>
Perhaps a session at time known to humans as "weekends" will be more active and intensive.

also I think I finished working on a new fluff on space elves and Humans. Alaranons writing and ideas that largely coincided with mine influenced it
>>
Awesome, but we still need a place to collect every fluff on. Can someone make a docs or 1d4chan page
>>
bump?
>>
>>53290641
ayy lmao. I think this thread is kill. To identify it in the archive, say GALACTIC FEDERATION.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.