[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 32

File: 1451617933896.jpg (77KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
1451617933896.jpg
77KB, 720x535px
Previous thread: >>53218883

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/when-will-bill-rage-monday-meeting-notes/

For those who don't know, here's the information we have thus far on the 5th edition of WoD:
https://pastebin.com/pvAtApt1
>>
>>53226324
When will we get V5 beta?
>>
>>53226377
My guess is it takes them at least a month to get it out, given they haven't actually released anything before.
>>
When's trinity?
When's scion?
>>
>>53226324
>5th edition of WoD

Sorry, I'm super out of the loop here, but what. We don't even have 2e for Hunter? What's the deal with 5e'ing?
>>
>>53226601
5e of oWoD
>>
>>53226601
Don't worry, its super level dogshit so you can just ignore it.
>>
File: I kick ass for the Lord!.png (1MB, 1281x965px) Image search: [Google]
I kick ass for the Lord!.png
1MB, 1281x965px
>>53226601
V20 Hunters Hunted was pretty good
>>
New to wod

Is mage supremacy a thing or just exaggeration?
Could I still fight one as vampire? what about with gun?
>>
>>53227178
Fuck off.
>>
>>53227178
I only answer in genuine hope that you're not some faggot who knows this will spark the 20 billionth discussion. May God have mercy on my soul.

Yes it is.
Unless the Mage is very new and dumb, and you are very strong or lucky, the odds of you being able to significantly hamper him are low to moderate.
>>
>>53227178

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8i-pSVMaQ
>>
>>53227225
Appropriate
>>
>>53226553
Never ever
>>
File: evil twins.jpg (696KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
evil twins.jpg
696KB, 826x1200px
Since this is on topic, again.
How would my Cotorie of six go about tackling these two twin Seers?

Mastigos
>Gnosis 4
>Mind 4 Fate 4 Space 3 Life 3 Time 2
Thyrsus
>Gnosis 3
>Life 3 Spirit 3 Matter 2 Forces 2 Death 2

The siblings are soon to be the forefront antagonists in my Chronicle, and I need ways for my players to have an advantage.

The setting is London, Britain 1881 during the season of Autumn.
Any suggestions?
>>
Stake themselves before the mastigos makes them do it.
>>
>>53227532
Sorry i just assumed your a vampfag..
>>
>>53227532
Social factors. They're women, and thus restricted in social circles.
Also action economy, and judicious use of Ghouls.
Also find some allies in the Diamond, or some Nameless Orders.
>>
>>53227600
Also, lots of Sleeper allies.

Nothing kills a Mage's boner faster than having to make constant Wisdom rolls from triggering Quiescence breaking points, and the rote quality on Paradox dice pools.
>>
>>53227532
I hope you're not planning on confronting them directly.

Because you WILL die.
>>
>>53227655
Anon, only one of the two has access to Unravelling, and the other doesn't even have access to Mind, Fate, or Space.

The Mastigos would be a pain in the ass, but the Thyrsus could potentially be fair game.

Throw in some Sleeper witnesses, a low-level Mage ally to do some Counterspelling, the element of surprise (tad difficult with Time 2, but not insurmountable, given it's not a Ruling), judicious use of blood, willpower, some excellent weapons, and a permissive GM, and it's doable.
>>
>>53227688
That's a lot of work, friendo.

Direct combat is out of the question, honestly. Especially if you actually need non-vampires to even have an inkling of a chance.
>>
>>53227715
>That's a lot of work, friendo.
These are the main antagonists of his chronicle.
Of course facing them should take a lot of work.
>>
>>53227688
It would be easier to just let the Mage ally handle the two, or hire even stronger ones to do it.

The Cotorie on their won't be enough, not by a mile. But the sisters are villains, so they SHOULD be on the stronger side, I guess.
>>
>>53227532
>suicide by mage
good goin'

>>53227688
>implying you need for dots to be terrifying

lol ok
>>
>>53227756
>lol ok
Please explain to me how you'd use 3 dots in Spirit and Life to be "terrifying" to 6 angry Vampires.
>>
>>53227532
What sort of characters are the vamps? That's going to matter just as much as what the Seers can do.
>>
>>53227688
Forces 2 controlling fire will fuck up vampires...who needs unravelling sir..
>>
>>53227815
Not that Anon, but Spirit 3 would be quite horrifying if implemented properly.

Life 3 not so much. Vampires aren't exactly alive, now are they?
>>
>>53227815
Lets not also forget control gravity, gluck getting around that vampfags..
>>
>>53227828
Forces 2 requires the presence of Fire, which in most cases should be limited to a small fireplace, and in this instance the character has a base dice pool of 5, and 2 factors in duration.

What's more, it's unlikely those 6 would enter such a room given their aversion to fire in the first place.
>>
>>53227815
A properly motivated mortal can be terrifying to 6 angry vampires. And 3 dots in Spirit equals a pact with a Helion or some manor of fire spirit.
>>
>>53227858
gluck killing em if your not going to enter the room numnuts.
>>
>>53227841
>Because you can control gravity at Forces 2.
>>
>>53227877

Control Gravity is two dots
Gravitic Supremacy is three dots
>>
>>53227858
Mage has Spirit 3, she doesn't need a campfire. She has goddamn spirits of fire at her beck and call.
>>
>>53227875
Listen dickbreath, in this specific case, these twins have been mentioned as the grand villains of his chronicle.

The final confrontation between them and the Vampires is NOT going to be in their favor. What's more, they are NPCs, not PCs, and not expected to have every single potential fucking resource in the universe at their disposal. Because the GM has infinite capacity, and doing so makes the game very fucking boring.

Jesus Christ the people in this thread are fucking morons.

You can bitch about "misrepresenting Mages", but guess what. There is very little of a standard to represent. I say this, having GM'd fucking 3 Mage games.
They are not your infinite prep-time, everyone-likes-me, I-choose-my-rote-on-the-situation white room Mages.
They are NPCs.
>>
>>53227887
Woah calm down, buddy.

If you want the twins of hell to be fucking retards, why not just say it?
>>
>>53227887
So the only way for the Cotorie to win is to expect them to be complete idiots?
Nice one, anon.

>having GM'd fucking 3 Mage games
Well excuse me, veteran.
>>
>>53227887
Oh boy, you've angered the hive now. The idea that every Mage isn't God Batman with infinite time, resources and Mana is heresy of the highest order.
>>
>>53227887
The issue here is that the Arcana are infinitely broad in function. The twins already have the majority of their resources on hand.
>>
>>53227918
This isn't Ascension. You don't need to have infinite time, resources and Mana to whoop some leech ass.
>>
Thanks for the feedback, generous anons.
Sorry for stirring such a stingy subject all the same.

From what I have read, I'm a little bit concerned about the two Seers demolishing my Cotorie wholesale.
Should I scale them down or do they legitimately have a chance here?
>>
>>53227931
You know, maybe I've just had some really lucky Vamps and Spirits or really bad players, but Awakening Mages in my experience aren't all that much stronger then Ascension.

>>53227887
So here's my advice for taking down a pair of Mages, don't have your Vamps be retarded and attack them directly, and don't let them choose the time and place of the fight. I've seen Cabals get their shit kicked in just by having bloodbonded humans and ghouls thrown at them continuously.
>>
>>53228004
>I've seen Cabals get their shit kicked in just by having bloodbonded humans and ghouls thrown at them continuously.

Why do I have a hard time believing this?
>>
>>53227178
Mage bend reality. Vamps bendover.
>>53227977
What you could do is catch mage on its own hubris. Make that bitches believe they can shatter you, setup fight they totaly win and then prepare some twist that make them powerless.
Example. Make some ghouls. Attack directly, retreat to nearby adamantine arrow hiding location in the way bitches believe its yours hiding place. Sit back and watch how arrows cover surrounding walls with seers sisters.
You probably need arrows to move to a new location, since seers know main diamond hudeouts peobably. You can do that in a noncombat way like rat infestation/leaky pipes/noise. Wise mage will not fix small issues with magick
>>
>>53228077
So the Kindred need Mages to save them from other Mages?

Doesn't sound very fun, anon. Why not ask them to just solve all of their problems?
>>
>>53228039
Man, dice are fickle and attrition warfare can wear you down even if you can break reality. Eventually the Paradox builds up too much and that one bloodbonded ganger rolls an obscene amount of 10s, and on the flip side the Mage has a bad string of not rolling anything over a 4
>>
>>53228122

Fly ask you to kill neighbor you hate. @
You ignore buzzing.

Neighbor you hate trample your flowers while chasing the fly.
@
Unleash the dogs.
>>
>>53227532
>Mastigos
Psychic Domination
Ban
Sympathy
Strings of Fate
Temporal shenanigans

>Thyrsus
Pyrokinesis
Fire spirits
Death divinations

You're screwed
>>
>>53228130

Those mages sound incompetent.
>>
>>53228130
Don't ghouls count as sleepwalkers?
>>
>>53228130
>dumb mages

There's your problem
>>
>>53228168
They do. You don't get the extra dox from a sleeper witness but you do still get Paradox from throwing around vulgar magic.
>>
I don't see how the Cotorie is going to win out here.
>>
So defeating mages whould be a good goal. If we turn away from dice and look at the story its a greate encounter. Two persons, godlike powers, but not over everything. Trick them, split them, make your players find a way. Create a way for them to win
>>
Also mage on white paper is undefeatable. Real characters have human weaknesses. What is lifestory of those sisters? They different in arcane exp so i assume they awake in different time. What if one is jealous another?
>>
>>53229160
Seers aldo have a tendency to be ruthless dicks towards one another. The idea that the Thyrsus sister is what's holding her back could work
>>
>>53228214
no such thing as vulgar in 2e, paradox is only if you over reach, which these mages prob dont need to do.
>>
Should ahave stuck to bad guys vampires usually deal with like Strix or other vamps.

Mages dont play well with others, or rather they do and pwn the fucking lot of them.
>>
>>53227977

Now I don't know much about specific mage types so maybe Seers are somehow exempt from this BUT

My understanding of fighting a mage is, do it the way a Hunter would fight a Vampire - car bombs and sniper rifles.
>>
>>53229396
Problem is with Time they might be able to see that coming, Matter makes explosives all but impossible to hide, and forces well that'll help alot with explosive force.

Sniper has 1 chance to kill them, otherwise they will just teleport/vanish and then the sniper is fucked..
>>
>>53229418
Eh, we can do the same thing with a Tremere and a Hunter - "they might have cast ritual X," "a ghouls might be watching their car." If the vamps do some legwork, figure out what they're up against, they can pull some Mujahedin hit-and-run shit. And it's not like mages have got all their magic protections up at all times as well.
>>
>>53227815
Spirit 3: If the vamps come after me I'll just go into the shadow and send spirits of fire to do the combat for me.
>>
File: 1452471937610.jpg (192KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1452471937610.jpg
192KB, 960x1280px
Was thinking of running a V20 game for my group.
They're not the best at role play yet, to many dungeon crawls.
Was thinking I'd make them a Sabbat pack trying to take down a Cammi city some time during the American civil war.
Any ideas/advice?
>>
Mage was a mistake.
>>
Dark Ages Companion when?
>>
On the note of V5, here's a tidbit from someone who ran the alpha test.

Overview.

Ken Hite and the WW team showed a preAlpha build of the VtM5. It is by no means a final version. As such, I'll be recounting what I experienced as a ST and staying light on the details.

It was good. It's light and pretty straight forward and feels like a light version of CofD and CWoD. Easy to follow mechanics.
The system tracks hunger instead of blood points, which is a pretty neat mechanism, and the hunger is always present in your actions. You can control it, but there's a price, and it can be heavy.
Hunting is far more personal, with each victim being named and given a storybased boon along with the slaking of the thirst. These boons do not stack.
I had players thrilled as they understood how much more intense the hunt was intented to be.
Disciplines are still there.
Frenzy is still there.
Willpower is an important resource.

Humanity is still in the shop. But will be there.

All in all. A good game. Seems to be easily modifiable.

The blood die mentioned earlier (you roll a blood die, if it comes up a 1 you run the risk of a Compulsion like a frenzy, and you lose Composure to suppress that) seems a little less crazy now.
>>
>>53226989
is Hunters Hunted about Hunters like in Hunter the Reckoning, or the basic rank n' file stake a vampire for jeesus hunters?
>>
>>53230017
Hunters Hunted focuses on three mortal groups:
The Inquisition, or church hunters.
The Arcanum, which is a Watchers/Talamasca style 'know the supernatural' investigation group, which does more investigation than killing.
And Project Twilight, which is government-sponsored ABC organization hunters.

Generally I find these to be more evocative of 'hunters' in VtM, and use them to the exclusion of the Reckoning hunters.
>>
>>53230043
cool.

I guess you could use them to have your vampires deal with hunters that are not fucking terrifying
>>
>>53230058
But they can be. Inquisition gets True Faith and faith-based Numina. Arcanum has writeups for psychic powers. And Project Twilight has access to military-grade weapons. Not on the fictional scale of TFV, but still big by OWoD standards.

Arcanum dude gets caught, gets confronted and to get away sets a vampire on fire with his mind, or starts hucking bolts of lightning or throwing a man with his mind; or an Inquisitor raids a coterie gathering and holds up a cross and vampires that can see him BURN because of the power of his faith is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>53230092
but not every single one get this powers

Otherwise whats the use of Hunters a-la Hunter the Reckoning?

Much like the Society of Leopold in bloodlines the only one having true faith was the guy leading the group, the others were just mooks
>>
>>53230150
Right not everyone gets those powers usually, but it's your game, you could have an army of faithed-up guys as an antagonist if you wanted.

Hunter the Reckoning's focus is 'an ordinary dude gets empowered to see/fight monsters,' whereas these are societies built around doing things a certain way.

It's why you get a housewife turned hunter in Reckoning, versus a priest who was inducted because his faith was so strong, as an Inquisition member (Society of Leopold is the Inquisition).
>>
>>53226324

I have a question. In Wraith, how many Arcanoi are you, on average, supposed to have?

I ask because the Arcanoi are fucking useless. Even the Level 5 ones aren't really that powerful. To do anything with your craft, you'd need at least THREE LEVELS in it. Three!

Like, if you call yourself a Harbringer, let's see what you can do with three Levels of Argos. You can conceal yourself from people who aren't actively looking for you, you can open tiny portals to the Tempest, you can fly (at jogging speed) and you have a weak-ass teleport.

Exactly what are you supposed to do with that fucking shit? If you're a Spook with three levels of Outrage, your only real way of hurting a mortal (for example) is to repeatedly Stonehand Punch him until he dies, which is an exercise in futility.

Nearly NONE of these powers are useful in combat. Let's not forget Moliate, where 'Martialry' lets you create subpar weapons and armor at the cost of losing mobility. Hey, you know what's more useful than Moliate? HAVING A WEAPON AND ARMOR.
>>
>>53229560

I'd run it as the turning point of the Sabbat - when the Sabbat went from a group of vamps actively attempting, on all fronts, to throw off the shackles of the elders, and became more of a fucked up group of killers and sadists. Could have some old-guard ideologue types who, while off-put by what they might see as hedonistic indulgence in slaughter by some of their peers, tolerate it for the greater good, and some up-and-comers who're just the sociopath types you saw in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
>>
Watching footage of the V5 presentation in Berlin, one of the guys from WW said how when it (WoD) arrived, nothing else looked quite like it back then. Even though I'm not all that much experienced in RPGs, generally speaking, that sounds a bit untrue.
>>
File: Brujah.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Brujah.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>We will be using a lot of photography throughout the book
>The photos are going to be about storytelling

Oh boy
>>
File: Gangrel.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gangrel.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>mentions she'll talk about all the clans
>brings up only the Camarilla 7
>no Independents/Sabbat mentioned or shown

Wonder what they'll use, narrative-wise, to dispose of the Independents.
>>
>>53231063
>>53231083

I think those images are fine. What's wrong with them?
Also, they'll probably use the inquisition to get rid of them or bring them back into the loose anarch/camarilla alliance.
>>
File: Malkavian.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Malkavian.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Nosferatu.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nosferatu.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53231095

I want proper, decent artwork, not photographs.

Surely there's decent artists out there who would fit the job description without charging too much.
>>
File: Toreador.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Toreador.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>53226324
ah, Masquerade LARP

"can't stay out past dark"

"but maaaaaam gotta be vampires"
>>
File: Tremere.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tremere.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>53226553
Trinity got Holdened, Scion is apparently on track for somewhere between now and next year.
>>
>>53229990
>Hunting is far more personal, with each victim being named and given a storybased boon along with the slaking of the thirst. These boons do not stack.

You find
*rolls dice*
Bob, an agender poet with dreams of grandeur.
*rolls dice*
+1 to Celerity for 24 hours.
>>
File: Ventrue.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ventrue.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>53231169
The best part is them looking at their own presentation.

Rule 1: never look at your own presentation unless someone asks a question.
>>
>>53231192

Why is that?
>>
>>53229990

>Hunting is far more personal, with each victim being named and given a storybased boon along with the slaking of the thirst. These boons do not stack.

...that seems kinda fiddly. I mean, there are plenty of vampires that just grab people and nom away and plenty of victims who will only matter once.
>>
>>53231183

>an agender poet with dreams of grandeur
>+5 to your Dementia stat
>>
>>53231225
Because it's your presentation. You should know what's on it already, and if you don't, you should have cue cards in front of you showing the slides.

You turn toward the presentation when asked a question because it conveys a message of contemplation and interest to the questioner, but really you should be prepared to answer the question without looking.

Presenting -- or briefing -- is really an elaborate act whereby you convince the audience you find their questions relevant or interesting while having answers for them ahead of time.
>>
>>53231169
That looks like someone failing miserably at making a campfire. To the point of the attempted fire outright bullying him.
>>
>>53231183
>You find an intersectional feminist, genderqueer fat activist.
>*All benefits from celerity and presence are negated for 24 hours
>>
>literally talking about wanting to appeal to a wider audience

It's like post-2007 video games.
>>
>>53231331
You might get bonus to Vicissitude though for being more gender-confused than Sasha Vykos
>>
>>53231382
>might get a bonus to Vicissitude
Because of all the extra material left behind maybe
>>
>>53230952
Nah, he's correct, it and 40k were the primary factors behind darkening the RPG scene.
>>
>>53231083
>>53231083
They stated the initial 'focus' is going to be Camarilla/Anarch, so they probably haven't gotten as far as listing the Independents. It's got a 1e feel when you ONLY had 7 clans to work with and didn't have morons screaming MUH SHADOWS or MUH FLESHCRAFTING!
>>
>>53231540

t. remere
>>
>>53231122
Those are not the normal Nosferatu. They look like a Giger painting a bit.
>>
>>53231552
Also they don't look particularly hideous
>>
>>53230260

I always thought the arcanoi were kind of garbage relative to other splats abilities. Of course, in crossover play, it's pretty hard for most other splats without the proper powers to target a wraith either.
>>
Anyway, so Blood Pool is gone. What is going to act as your limit for using Disciplines willy nilly? How will you know how much you can use before going frenzy?
>>
>>53231225
There are a lot of little things that go into presentations to convey the desired impression and all that.
>>
>>53231865
The track for hunger is a blood die. According to what little we can find, when you would spend blood you'd potentially roll a blood die based on your hunger; anything that comes up a 1 is a failure, leading to a Complication, when you spend Composure to cover. Our assumption is 'more blood spend = more blood die in your dice pool'. Eventually you're out of composure and can't resist the hunger. It's changing bloodpool to be tied to a narrative aspect of the game.

The guy who STed the pre-alpha version hasn't posted anything else.
>>
>>53231933
Oh, here's more...

In this incarnation, Hunger comes from Rousing the Blood. Max of that is five. At the end of each scene, you roll your Rouses, successes add to the Hunger track that goes to 5 as well.
Hunger is a number of dice on every dice pool that is designated with a special mark, triggering compulsions of the vampiric nature if they roll a 1. To ignore those, you can spend Composure. That is the same dice pool you use to avoid a Frenzy.
Hunger is removed by Feeding. The better blood, the more hunger you have. But you can never really sate the Hunger, unless you fully gorge yourself in blood.

Botch is no longer a thing.
And if you only score a success beneath the required number, you can succeed at a cost.

Botches are gone. 1s are currently only a problem on Hunger dice, and they do not count against anything.
>>
>>53231122
What the fuck is this? Looks like something ou of Mage.
>>
>>53231965
This seems needlessly complicated.
>>
>>53231970

It's the kind of new (((artwork))) you can expect in the upcoming books from White Wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwroDSLO3E
>>
>>53226324
I'm confused. In Changeling the Dreaming 20 what exactly can a Changeling do when Unleashing? The fluff says it is super powerful and stuff but doesn't seem to actually give rules for what the Changeling can do.

Also, what happens when a Changeling reaches Bedlam? There doesn't seem to be any actual rules for that.
>>
>>53231933
>>53231965

Okay, comparing this to Blood Pool, this is unnecessarily complicated, and not in a good way. If they called Blood Pool as "unsexy" what the fuck is this supposed ot mean when you have to take into account so many things at once?
>>
>>53232019
Eh. I can see it being simple in practice. You don't spend blood, you accumulate hunger when you'd spend blood (assumbly). Hunger then gets dumped into any appropriate dice pool as extra dice to count 1s against, and you spend Composure to offset the 1s. End of scene you roll your Hunger to see if you still have issues.

It's an extra step but not terrible. But we'll see. It's still fiddly I think.
>>
>>53232057
>You don't spend blood, you accumulate hunger when you'd spend blood (assumbly)
Losing blood, gaining hunger, isn't it literally the same thing?
>>
>>53232157
It changes the narrative a little. But yeah, ultimately. I supposed we'll have to see when the alpha gets released to us. I'm expecting by June.
>>
>>53229418
>Heh nothing personal kid
>>
>>53232008
Everything looks so weird, and not in a good way. What is wrong with the good ol' goth and punk aesthetic?
>>
As long as i dont have to buy speshal dice like ffg's starwars....fuck that
>>
>>53232008
>their new blood system needs a fucking flow chart
>>
>>53232623
Time marker?
>>
I liked it better when VtM was a dead game and I didn't have to worry about it getting ruined. Why couldn't they just use NWoD for their genderqueer fat acceptance womyn's studies simulator?
>>
>>53232720

26:40

Or thereabout.
>>
Rio about yet?
>>
File: Flowchart.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flowchart.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53232801
>>53232720
>>
This public/elysium mask mechanic feels like adding needlessly rules to something that is supposed to be simply roleplay.
>>
>>53232850
It also clashes horribly with the masquerade being "more important than ever", to the point that the Anarachs were either folded into the Camarilla or killed off.
>>
>>53232926

No, no, the Anarchs were apparently flushed out into the streets, exiled from the Camarilla (even though they were never part of it, so that part makes no sense) and Camarilla has now become a secret society within the Kindred, where only the privileged few gain entry, while the majority are Anarchs.
>>
>>53232824
>the full extent of their art director

Holy shit, she looks awful. That's not a good ensemble or a good hairdo.
>>
>>53232968

>Mary Lee is the creative force behind TwistedLamb, a wellspring of dark imagery and inspiration from a discerning connoisseur of avant-garde fashion and alternative culture. She has cultivated an uncompromising taste that is highly sought out among companies and luminaries seeking to set themselves apart from the ordinary. An authority on innovative design, she consults clients in numerous industries such as trend forecasting, gaming, celebrities and music. Through combining her artistry of creative direction and styling, she invents revolutionary editorials for TwistedLamb and companies alike which provide the viewer with a visual dark experience apart from anything else.

She's listed as one of the V5 writers on the WW site.
>>
>>53232960
Then what the fuck is going on with the Masquerade?
>>
>>53233029

Anarchs are expected to uphold only the 1st Tradition, the Masquerade. That's it. Good behavior earns you a pat on the head from the Camarilla and if you do well enough you become part of the Camarilla.

Honestly, it's fucking retarded. I can't imagine a single Tremere existing as an Anarch and thus outside the Pyramid. It makes no sense with how they approach their Embrace on a general note.
>>
>>53233050
This seems to have been hinted at in the crazy mobile game, since one of the end points is a weird non-Pyramid Tremere, IIRC?
>>
>thinbloods will be part of the Anarchs book

Oh joy, just what I wanted, even more of this shit. Someone mentioned in a past thread that apparently there's now a 15/16th generation, which can sire, so what fucking generation do you have to be to qualify as thinblood?

>>53233125

I wouldn't know, I haven't played it.
>>
>>53233050
>I can't imagine a single Tremere existing as an Anarch and thus outside the Pyramid.
It's called Antitribu.
Or what Bloodlines did - losing Sire before proper rites can be done.
>>
>>53233152

Yeah, but that fits in a video game format, because you have to be able to make your own choices, rather than immediately be made subservient to your Clan Elders.

And weren't the antitribu killed off in some event?
>>
>>53233171
Yup. (The) Tremere possessed body of Anitribu leader, called gathering and diablerized the entire anitribu en masse through the prepared ritual.
When The Tremere tried to return to his body, found out it just went up and walked away. What remained of Saulot's soul took over while he was "away".
>>
>Beckett's Jyhad Diary will be the one book to talk about the metaplot and such
>Gehenna wars

Oh God what?

>>53233240

>what remained of Saulot's soul

Wasn't it made pretty clear that it was Saulot, whole, just bidding his time for whatever reason?
>>
>>53233317
The only things said about the Gehenna Wars is 'elders were called to the Middle East in something called The Beckoning, though some have been able to resist it, and the Sabbat followed them, setting up shop there'. We don't know much else.
>>
>>53232960
>(even though they were never part of it, so that part makes no sense)

All vampires were considered to be part of the Camarilla whether they liked it or not on paper, no?
>>
>>53233782

Well, yeah, that's what the Camarilla thought, but it was never an actual fact. Here, the Anarchs are spoken of as if a subset of Camarilla.
>>
File: independent_formori.jpg (323KB, 1600x743px) Image search: [Google]
independent_formori.jpg
323KB, 1600x743px
Anyone have any Freak Legion stories?
>>
>>53233813

Yeah, because of the inquisition. Vamps survived the first inquisition by abandoning their weaker and less-liked progeny, looks like the Camarilla elder's remember how effective that was and wanna do it again. So they give the Anarchs what they want, cut a deal to help with their "safety," and retreat to the shadows to wait out the inquisition like they did hundreds of years ago. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>53232999
>apart from anything else
I dunno, seems like typical Tumblr-tier Lady Gaga wannabe shit to me
>>
OK, so I heard that the first draft of Mage way back in the 90's was "too radical" for most of the people at WW. Do we have any idea as to what wound up on the cutting room floor from the initial draft?
>>
File: owoonwoowoowod.png (937KB, 1200x501px) Image search: [Google]
owoonwoowoowod.png
937KB, 1200x501px
>>53232779
Sweden
>>
>>53232779
Because those people all moved onto Onyx Path, where they occasionally get tasered for being idiots?
>>
File: 1488335252704.gif (494KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
1488335252704.gif
494KB, 300x230px
>>53232824
>Anorexic and fat fucks have no idea how hunger works
>>
>>53233813
They always were considered a subsect of the camarilla. That came about during the Convention of Thorns.
>>
Am I That Guy for feeling an urge to put mechanics into stuff that should probably be handled through ST fiat?

For example, I often have toyed with giving stats to legendary or godlike characters such as Aku (Samurai Jack), the Slender Man and Alucard (Hellsing). I drew the line at Cthulhu, though.
>>
>>53229990
Sounds bad and like it focuses on the most boring and uninteresting part of the game, feeding on npcs.
>>
>>53234287
If you act fast you could get a job in V5.
>>
>>53234314
I agree. Feeding can be fun to RP out sometimes, but generally.. not so much.
>>
>>53234058
You've never seen an actual, honest-to-god goth in your life.
>>
>>53234359
She doesn't really look very goth, m8.
>>
>>53234326
I don't get the joke.
>>
>>53232057
>I can see it being simple in practice
Requires custom dice
Requires several different tracking systems and still requires you to spend resources

Blood pool
A easily tracked point system that you get back by feeding.

Its adding complexity to something simple for no pay off other than calling 'rolling dice to feed' 'personal'.
>>
>>53234333
Feeding is the worst aspect of Requiem or Masquerade. It becomes a chore after like 3 sessions.
>>
>>53234359
Nigga I was probably buying a Cure tshirt at Hot Topic when you were peeing your diapers watching Power Rangers
>>
File: Ghouls 2.png (2MB, 1295x1656px) Image search: [Google]
Ghouls 2.png
2MB, 1295x1656px
>>53234314
>>53234333

Feeding, IMO, should be only be noted of if it's in dire circumstances or if it has something to do with whatever's actually going on in your chronicle, like if the human is vital to the plot/side-plot.
>>
>>53234424
No one said it required custom dice. It requires some die to notate as the blood/hunger die, and certain pools will be marked (I assume there'll be a mark on the character sheets next to stats, like rote skills in Awakening).
>>
>>53234314
That's what you get when you put sexually frustrated LARPers as head developers
>>
>>53233171
>And weren't the antitribu killed off in some event?

Most were, yup.

V20 does point out that some survived, and that the whole "All the antitribu are dead, no survivors"-shtick is Tremere propaganda, which is something the Tremere are REALLY good at.

Most of the surviving Antitribu were actuallyTelyavelic Tremere who'd been masquerading as "regular" antitribu, or random flukes who managed to avoid getting buttfucked by the Tremere's ritual through pure luck.

Also, V20 changed the timeline regarding Goratrix/Tremere's possesion, in that Goratrix now claimed that he was Tremere possessing Goratrix, and that Tremere's real body was possessed by Saulot already way back in the Dark Ages, whereas in Old Revised he didn't start claiming this until the Final Nights hit.
>>
>that clan art
Holy fuck, who thought the Brujah hipster thing was a good idea. Or that nosebleedy Ventrue?
>>
>>53234314
Well, i agree it might be boring, but it's a vampire game afterall. I expect feeding to have some importance.
>>
>>53234333
>I agree. Feeding can be fun to RP out sometimes, but generally.. not so much.

This.

I get what they're trying to do, putting more focus on the whole "you're a monster, slaking your thirst by drinking the vital, crimson drops from the neck of your prey"-thing, but it's gonna get real old, real fast.
>>
>>53234476
Custom or not it requires multiple kinds of dice, one of the few advantages WoD has as a system was not requiring that bullshit.
>>
>>53234462
I was probably right next to you buying my copy of the book of nod.
>>
>>53234516
Oh come on, the Brujah is the best of the bunch. Look at how awkward avant-gardesque the Tremere and Nosferatu are.
>>
>>53234564
I won't even cop to that being Nosferatu. Those aren't monsters.
>>
>>53234587

>Those aren't monsters.

They're clearly victims of some monster that uses fashion to disfigure people.
>>
File: shutterstock.com.png (243KB, 610x515px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock.com.png
243KB, 610x515px
>>53231098
>>
File: sam legit.gif (441KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
sam legit.gif
441KB, 500x278px
>>53234545
>what is taking 1-5 dice and rolling them separately as your hunger dice for 200, Alex?
>>
>>53234596
2DEEP4U
>>
>>53234596

>blur up the image a bit
>add some rain effect
>yeah, we're done here, print it now
>>
File: 1440507543451.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1440507543451.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>53234594
>>
>>53234601
A second dice roll that complicates their claimed goals of only having single roll resolutions. So by their own standards, its literally bad design.
>>
Wow, these modelling pictures look very cringy.
>>
File: Oh OK.gif (2MB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
Oh OK.gif
2MB, 588x331px
>>53234634
You're being deliberately obtuse. You'll have two real options: use a few different-colored dice (and what WoD player doesn't have scads of the same color dice in their mix?), or designate 5 dice and roll them at the same time off to the side. Stop being fucking baby about bad design when it's a simple enough design. At least it doesn't require special dice like Fudge or FFG games.
>>
>>53234746
Its so simple it requires a fucking flow chart. Get the fuck out this is shit tier design that I'd expect from LARPers.
>>
>>53234757
They're turning it into a Story Game <TM>. Have you read/looked at shit like FATE and FUDGE and their flowcharts? If this ,then that... this is simpler. Count up, roll dice, done.
>>
>>53234824
FATE is trash.
>>
>>53234757
Also, apparently hunger dice aren't ADDED on top of your skill roll. They are part of that. So if you have a dice pool of 6 and you have 3 Hunger, 3 of them are the hunger dice.

The way they described Composure sounds like it's going to be the term for Temporary WP now, it just feels that way to me.
>>
>>53234908
And the flow chart isn't a much of an 'if, then' statement as I was thinking, listening to the guy talk about it. If you use blood, you may get hunger dice. If you roll 1s on hunger dice, you will get a Compulsion (no clue what those represent mechanically, but they narratively represent shit your vampire body does when you're hungry). If you spend Composure to push down a Compulsion, you have less Composure to resist Frenzy. When you feed, you reset hunger dice.

It's not that difficult and I can see how it'd be interesting in a more narrative game, as it gives you RP cues more than a lowered blood meter often does. Doesn't make me sold on the mechanic, but I can see how it would work out in play. Probably meant to do replacements of the standard Virtues from OWoD.
>>
>>53227416
No
>>53231174
I knew about the scion delays from the kickstarter update, but I'm not sure I heard about trinity, whats going on with that?
>>
>>53231122
I like the design, but they are not nosferatu for shit, they look too "human" for that.
>>
>>53234559
I guess it is true most of my old goth friends are now tumblrites who are super into mainstream "avant garde" shit and wish they were Rick Owens
>>
>>53234121
honestly that looks like a shit sandwich

yan and chef are great, fieri is shit
>>
>>53235003
Maybe they're Requiem Nosferatu.
>>
>>53234824
wut

What flowcharts?

Fate is like "I want to do thing" and then "Ok, roll Skill associated with thing. If it's higher than (my roll/arbitrary number) then you succeed."

There are no flowcharts.

Are you thinking of Exalted?
>>
File: morticia - thank you.gif (4MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
morticia - thank you.gif
4MB, 700x394px
I also love seeing them talk about 'unified core mechanic'. Thanks a lot NWoD. Ya did good.
>>
>>53235078
A lot of people think Playbooks and Move Lists feel like flowcharts. I've had some great spontaneous RPers look at them and go 'Uh... why is this X then Y?' I get that it's NOT supposed to be, but it feels limiting like 'I can't do anything on my own initiative until X happens, then I can do Y, Z and K!'
>>
File: 5451321354652312.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5451321354652312.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>53235033
>>
>>53234824
>Fate
>Flowchart

Not a single flowchart is present in the fucking book.

>>53234875
*Fate
>>
>>53235246
I said it FELT like flowcharts. I didn't say it was. Being told 'You can do this when X happens' is the basis of a flowchart.
>>
>>53235296
Then every single manual is a flowchart because it explains to you what to do in certain situations you mongrel.
>>
What exactly is wrong with flowcharts? They're simple and easily understandable ways of communicating information. IMO more RPGs should use flowcharts to help explain rules.
>>
>>53235570
Some people sperg out when confronted with uniform and clear presentation of rpg rules
>>
What is the best clan for a new player? I'm using V20.
>>
>>53235637

Brujah, Gangrel and Toreador are the staple three for most people new to VtM.
>>
>>53235637
The Most Straightforward to play IMHO are the Brujah, then the Toreador.

If you want being born with a jacket you can choose Tremere, you have your own haven in the chapel and many people to ask favors too.
>>
>>53235637
Nosferatu

Don't play gangrel
>>
File: 1489096428569.jpg (137KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
1489096428569.jpg
137KB, 640x424px
>>53235105
No, I don't think your assertion holds. Please learn what a flowchart is.

>>53235246
I see I'm not the only one perplexed by your malapropism.

>>53235296
Ah.

>>53235570
This, honestly. It was very weird to see you construe Fate's mechanics with flowcharts, mostly because flowcharts are very easy to figure out and you seemed to be struggling.

>>53235621
Checkmate, I suspect.
>>
>>53234464
In my requiem game that just finished, i typically did one every other session, just to remind them they're monsters. Although it was their first game so i focused on the very visceral aspects: describing the Beast clawing in your head all the damn time, hunger the moment you spend a BP, being agitated and upset the moment an unfamiliar kindred came anywhere near you, or even the lesser agitation from your coterie, having to move fast all the time, frenzy checks.

They had a blast.

Point is, feeding is something you do for dramas, not this constant "oh boy time to do it again, fuck" thing. 90% of feedings in my experience were "shit i used Celerity too much because its cool and i acted like a retard. I wanna roll to feed if im allowed to feed in this area"
>>
>>53235985

The difference is you choose to do that and that's perfectly fine, we all want different things for respective games, whereas they (nuWW) plan on making you have to do this in some way, most likely by tying it together with some mechanics.
>>
I dunno, I personally like the new blood mechanics. It enforces things that many STs ignore, and better reinforces the "constant hunger" thing that's been in the lore since day 1.
>>
Are there any chemical properties to iron or silver that result in making them into sniper rounds not work well?
>>
>>53234464
>1st session of the chronicle
>pick a random bum for feeding
>"oh, he was actually playing bait for some gangbangers, roll initiative"
>gotta play it nice, no killing
>soak baseball bat in face, break the guy's arm
>they keep coming, start pulling guns
>toss motherfucker into the other motherfucker
>"oh that's revealing supernatural power, you have broken Masquerade, Sheriff will be coming for your ass"
>"also they start pulling Molotov's, roll for Rostcheck"
feeding, not even once
>>
>>53236255

No one's that fucking strict, come on now.
>>
>>53236255
It's not a masquerade breach if no one survives to talk about it.
>>
>>53229457
>And it's not like mages have got all their magic protections up at all times as well.

They usually do
>>
>>53236132
Not really. You may have to change the barrel sooner but that's about it.
>>
>>53235570
>let's make the blood system sexier, you guys
>you know what's really sexy?
>what?
>fucking flowcharts, man
>>
>>53236636
NWoD has some rules in Armory about what happens to guns using silver and dragon's breath rounds.
>>
OK, here's a thought exercise. Even if you don't like Beast, let's suppose you joined a Beast game. What kind of Beast would you make? I wanna see the difference between the PCs made by people who like the game and the people who don't like it.
>>
>>53236631

all mages have access to all forms of magical defense and have them all up at all times?
>>
>>53236852
There's this thing called Mage Armor, you know?
>>
>>53236901
>Mage Armour
More like school playground tier "nuh uh i got x" bull shit
>>
File: Tzimisce.jpg (31KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Tzimisce.jpg
31KB, 630x420px
>>53236796

I don't like it.

The only way I can redeem it is by playing a mad doctor who kidnaps people and sews them together butt to mouth
>>
>>53236980
>waaah reflexive shieldzorz

Get over it
>>
File: Giles more scotch.gif (827KB, 500x190px) Image search: [Google]
Giles more scotch.gif
827KB, 500x190px
We will never escape mage supremacy. From RPG.net

Quote Originally Posted by Maxen M View Post
I don't think it's a bad system, because it's paradox. Or at least, it sounds like a mix of Sorcerer's Crusade's paradox dice but working via shadowrun 4e style glitches. I wouldn't be surprised if they port over the same system to the new mage.
That's an interesting comparison. In a sense it sort of validates the metaphysics of Mage: The Ascension. Vampires are able to pull off some pretty incredible things without the fear of Paradox, only they really do suffer Paradox, its just in the form of Hunger and the other limitations of the vampiric condition.

New headcanon!

>MFW
>>
>>53236796
>>53236796
I'm more neutral but if my memory serves
A beast with the hunger for power hangs out at malls takes kids to build a bear. Teach parents the lesson of watching their damn kids.
>>
>>53236852
>all mages have access to all forms of magical defense and have them all up at all times?

No, but mages are extremely paranoid and obsessive by inclination and circumstance, and wil almost always have some major defensive magic employed (and the Mage Armors are reflexive to use).

Arcana as low as two dots make surprising and killing, no less in the virtually required one shot, almost impossible. How does one reliable surprise a mage with Fate 2 or Space 2 or physically harm a mage with Forces 2 or Matter 2, etc. Heck, a single Forces 2 Shielding spell alone can render a mage immune from ALL kinetic and heat-related attacks

Now, try attacking a mage who's part of a cabal, the basic social unit of mage society whose primary purpose is mutual protection and support, where each mage uses their individual Arcana to protect their fellows. Mages are very scary and tough, but challenging a cabal, whether intentionally or accidentally by targeting a member, is little more than suicide by mage.
>>
>>53237008
>dont be mad at this "stops everything bad from happening to me ever" ability

How bout you suck a dick
>>
>>53237054
>implying sucking dick is a bad thing

What are you gay?
>>
>>53236796
The giant type girl because waifu.
>>
>>53236901
Thats a mana for one scene. Most mages don't really have the mana to spare to just pop that off whenever they want.
>>
>>53226324
How technological are your monsters?
I'm the GM for a campaign of VTM in which the main antagonists are a bunch of Elders that decided to use the advancement in technology and globalization to reign the urban world, driving out others that didnt adapt as fast, using mass surveilance of the internet for their ends, for example finding prey for important ventrue by searching algorithms. One player is the fledgling of an Ventrue Elder that lost most of his influence because he was to stubborn (and may or may not be a real Bismarck) now trying to claw his way back into power, another one is the disposable asset of an even older Elder who is acting against the same group of people, but there is no objective way why the "old" rulers are in any way better than the "new", just the players being thrown into a petty conflict.
>>
>>53237310

And certainly not when they're starting their car to go pick up some bread from the store or something.
>>
>>53237030
Unfortunately few of the example mages from the order guides or other places actually fit that bill. And none of the mages games I've played in had characters who did a good job of that sort of thing.
>>
>>53234596
Clearly this image says what we're all thinking.
>>
>>53237310
You only need to spend Mana once to save your ass and make a countermove
>>
>>53237341
And this is relevant how? Nothing is preventing them from reflexively preventing a hostile ambush in either their car or the grocery store.
>>
File: heh.gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
1007KB, 273x429px
>>53237008
>>
>>53237538

Nothing personal, right?
>>
>>53237504

Even if they don't know it's happening? Like, a carbomb goes off. They can cast a spell then?
>>
Can Mage Armor shield you from fear you stupid cucks, or dementia?
>>
>>53232008
>53 minutes
You overestimate the average attention span here.
>>
>>53237639
Yes but side effect is it also shields them correctly interpreting social cues
>>
>>53237609
Why is he being carbombed? If the mage did something to make himself a target, then he knows he is one and should be doing things like not going to the grocery store, getting imbued items with Shielding spells, reading his future, hanging spells to rewind him back along his timeline, etc.

>>53237639
Mage Armor is specifically for attacks to the body, if I'm not mistaken. But you could block fear and dementia inducing things with Mental Shield, which is like a Mind 1 or 2 spell. Death could also work, potentially, since it can smother emotions.
>>
>>53237609
Car bombs are rarely going to work against a mage, assuming they're not complete imbeciles.
>>
File: irmyt.png (522KB, 615x335px) Image search: [Google]
irmyt.png
522KB, 615x335px
>>53237724
>hanging spells to rewind him back along his timeline
>>
>>53231575
They don't even look like Nosferatu
>>
>>53237800

Bodacious
>>
>>53237724
>If he's a target then he must know it
Why you little shit? It's not as obvious as you and the other fags mary sueing mages all the time.
>>
>>53237914
time 1 "when am i next in danger", do that every morning and go fuck yourself., its 1 question per potency too so any other questions are just a bonus. (who is it, what is it) 1 reach and your fucking never surprising em period.
>>
>>53237578
Coldsteel pls go
>>
>>53237914
>Why you little shit?
Because he did something and Mages as a rule tend to be paranoid as fuck? Why are vamps or whoever targeting some rando mage with something as attention getting as a carbomb unless he fucking did something? And you know how easy it is to figure out if somebody found you out as a mage?

Divination, Time 1.
>is x coming for me
>yeah
Or if you don't have Time 1
>hey can you divine something for me i'll owe you
>sure
>>
>>53237914
Both those mages will be safely behind a ward sleeping during the night anyway, no coterie of vampires is going to get anywhere near them. Both have enough life to slow down their breathing so they dont suffocate in the warded area too.
>>
>>53238028
ban not ward
>>
>>53237968
>Mages as a rule tend to be paranoid as fuck?
I see this lobbied around a lot but still don't see much support for it. I mean, most of the mage fiction, write ups of the various mages across the books, and even just the way mages are talked about operating in the books themselves don't have them doing nearly any of this. I've yet to see one instance of a mage casting divination every day to make sure he doesn't get shot.
>>
>>53238081
why wouldnt you if you could? It takes 3 seconds and will stop you get bumraped.

Are you saying you wouldnt? Then you sir are going to get bumraped.
>>
>>53237945
>time 1
>no fate
>also only time 1

Please, go play another franchise instead of infesting this thread.

>>53237968
Yeah, you can cast this every 5 minutes, perfectly credible.
>Because he did something and Mages as a rule tend to be paranoid as fuck?
That's just an exaggeration that you all made because it's convenient.
>Because he did something and Mages as a rule tend to be paranoid as fuck? Why are vamps or whoever targeting some rando mage with something as attention getting as a carbomb unless he fucking did something?
He can be a target just because of things that are out of his knowledge and control, like he talked with a person involved in some shit that the mage don't know (I already know all you fags expecting to go check the complete background of every fucking idiot you talk to) and now is a target of the mafia, or some other weird group.
>>53238028
Yeah, I expect a mage to go to sleep at 8 until 5-6 in the morning to be safe from all possible dangers. Also, if I should make an example, vampires run entire organization of people, they can just evict you out of your house, or call a demolition agency to destroy your house with you in it, cut your electricity, all kind of weird incidents where you need to do really nice detective work to get to the top of the pyramid, but must of the time the head is a ghoul.

Stop Mary Sueing Mages.
>>
>>53238144
What house, all mages live in a communal pocket realm, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>53230017
Did reckoning hunters get mentioned anywhere outside of reckoning? I seem to remember WW just kind of shoving them off to the side and ignoring them.
>>
>>53238161
>wanking THIS much

Ok I'm sure this is just baiting at this point.
>>
>>53238144
Anybody playing both those seers without a hint of autism, will wipe the fucking floor with a coterie of vampires.

The fact you fucking cant see it is highly amusing.
>>
>>53238143
>why wouldnt you if you could?
All the same reasons people don't do things that are the best for them in real life. People putting themselves in shitty situations happens literally all the time.
>>
>>53238180
mage only needs mind 2 to get to the top of any pyramid buddyboy.
>>
>>53238182
Yes, because they have incomplete information. A problem mages rarely suffer from.
>>
>>53238144
>has never played Mage

Why are you even in this discussion?
>>
>>53238144
The point here is that it's extraordinarily easy for a mage with minimal dots to prevent ambushes.

If you don't see the ease in doing so, you're beyond hope.
>>
>>53238237
Not really what I'm talking about. Basically everyone knows that something like studying for a test is a good idea. Plenty of people still blow it off and then flunk out of school, or squeak by on C's and D's. It's a dumb example, but there are plenty of cases where people simple don't do things they know are good for them, either because they don't want to or are too lazy or think they can do fine without.
>>
>>53238144
>Stop Mary Sueing Mages.

So powerful Templates are Mary Sues? What?

You're just vastly underestimating Awakening, and it's getting annoying.
I'm sorry you don't like the fact that a single-dot Practice can effectively nullify, prevent and counteract ambushes, car bombs, sniper lookouts etc.

Don't play Mage if you can't find appreciation for the gameline, friend.
>>
Mages seem pretty powerful, is there any way to work around their contingencies? Can you even?

If not, what are some ways to house-rule them down a bit?
>>
>>53238266
I play Mage, and I'm more than sure that all magecucks in this thread never did that, and they just spend time in their rooms reading the cum and tear stained manuals telling to themselves "someday, someday"

>>53238304
Of course, if they are aware of that, but
1) You all say "Oh they are paranoid, so they just spam spells every day to see if something would ever happen to them.
2) You cannot pretend that they are always prepared for anything, only in the most optimal of situations they may be.
3) They cannot foresee everything, they could just create two attempt of different nature in a really short time to surprise them.

>inb4 my reach munchkin

>>53238410
I'm not saying that it cannot prevent them, but saying that you can just spam them everyday because you are paranoid is just a stupid excuse.
>>
>>53238481
>but saying that you can just spam them everyday because you are paranoid is just a stupid excuse

It's as easy as getting a glass of water.
>>
>>53238442
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
The memes that get thrown around here are usually about PC's acting the way PC's do. No where in the book does it talk about every mage out there dipping into Time 1 and then casting divination every single day. Most mages don't have any contingencies. A given mage only prepares for stuff if the ST decides they do.

A few houserules are all it really takes to fix things if you're that worried, but it depends more on your group for which ones you want.
>>
>>53232008
Looks like V5 is going to be a piece of shit.
>>
>>53238481
I'm convinced you haven't actually played Mage, sorry. You're arguing something so easy to conduct, and it's getting pretty damn pathetic.
>>
>>53238442
Don't use Mages.

They will crap all over every other splat.
Only Demons and Mummies stand a chance.
>>
>>53238509
We kind of knew this before the previews started.
>>
>>53238501
Mages have contingencies by default. It's called Mage Armor.

The Practice of Shielding is different.
>>
>>53238481
I bet you think it takes a huge damn ritual to implement the Practice of Knowing, lol.

You're a funny little anon, you are.
>>
>>53238555
Thats not really a contingency, its more of a panic button. Besides, that can be worked around by just hitting hard enough.
>>
>>53238555
its pretty easy for a cabal to share shielding spells over all the cabal for a decent amount of time, get some sleepwalkers involved to hold the spells for you and you can get around the one true weakness 2e mages have is # spells controlled at one time.

Why wouldnt any decent cabal spend 1 day a month recasting shielding/buffing spells on each other??
>>
>>53238442
If they're a PC and they want to play mage batman then let them play mage batman, the point of the game is to have fun
If they're an NPC then they're only as competent as the story needs them to be.
>>
>>53238601
>Thats not really a contingency

It's pretty much a contingency.
>>
>>53238632
I would be pretty fucking sad if i was a vampire who mauled these two seers just because they were NPC's and the storyteller dumbed them down so we could kill them.

Why are they even going after them in the first place, as soon as you find out there is 2 mages involved the coterie should rethink what they fuck they want to get done. Even if they do kill them, the other seers are just going to sit on their ass and not retaliate? (probably wouldnt desu haha) 2 less mongo seers on the planet.
>>
it's nearly impossible to ambush mages with all of their defenses, cabal mates, contingencies, divinations etc. Splicing Mage with other splats is bad idea.

It only takes a second to use Time 1 and foresee any conceivable dangers.
>>
>>53238689
>I would be pretty fucking sad if i was a vampire who mauled these two seers just because they were NPC's and the storyteller dumbed them down so we could kill them.
Why? No seriously, what's supposed to be wrong about that? These aren't real people, they have no value, no meaning. They're made up story elements who only exist to serve the story, just like everything else in the game.
Aside from that, what do you mean 'dumbed down'? Is there some baseline level of competency that all characters need to meet, and any divination from that is somehow abnormal? The books describe plenty of dumb mages who do dumb things and land themselves in dumb situations.
>>
>>53238743
>The books describe plenty of dumb mages who do dumb things and land themselves in dumb situations.

Yeah, except there's no excuse for that.
Do you have any inkling of just how easy it is for any single mage to prevent disaster?

You don't deserve to be among the Awakened if you're a god fucking dumbass, sorry.
>>
>>53238729
>It only takes a second to use Time 1 and foresee any conceivable dangers.

There's an idiot amongst us who seems to disagree with this rather obvious fact.
>>
>>53238689
I don't think it's an easy task that needs to be dumbed down to make it possible, I would consider that bad storytelling.

But saying that it's down right impossible it's bullshit. And your explanations on why are pretty ridicolous.

>>53238743
I guess it's about the challenge. Knowing that the ST let you kill somebody that was nerfed may give you a bad taste in your mouth.

>>53238773
Not being a dumbass in this case is spamming divination every single day because the mage for some reason is expecting something bad to happen to him.

Yeah, pretty dumb.
>>
>>53238773
>Yeah, except there's no excuse for that.
It doesn't matter. They exist, they're real. You can say it doesn't make sense all you want but it doesn't change anything.
>You don't deserve to be among the Awakened if you're a god fucking dumbass, sorry.
Apparently the book writers themselves disagree with you, sorry.
>>
What are the main differences between the wod/nwod Mage And Werewolf?
>>
>>53238815
>I guess it's about the challenge. Knowing that the ST let you kill somebody that was nerfed may give you a bad taste in your mouth.
Again, this doesn't really make much sense to me.
WoD doesn't have a CR system, it doesn't have any real guidelines for when players should encounter an enemy of particular strength. Am I letting my players win because they don't get jumped by a rank 8 demon on the first session?
>>
>>53238823
Can you fuck off?
>>
>>53238743
If cthulhu turned up in a CoC game and i just stabbed him once and he died. That'd be dumb and retarded, same with this.

Its just wrong..
>>
>>53238823
Werewolf went from captain planet against the evil pentex to more general wolves must hunt. Usually against either spirits or these other weird animal morphs, but honestly anything works.
>>
Holy fuck you people are dumbasses.

There's always that one idiot vastly underestimating how easy it is for mages to shit all over everything and ruining a thread because of it.
>>
>>53226324
New to NWoD/CofD, can someone please explain what is compatible with what? I would vastly prefer to use this CofD ruleset since it actually looks like it comes from this decade, but have no idea whether it's actually interchangeable with other gamelines, which refer to the fuck-awful (new) World of Darkness book.
>>
>>53238823
WtA
>retarded eco-terrorists fight a losing battle against big business
>yiff

WtF
>spirit border patrol
>no yiff
>>
>>53238838
Expect Cthulhu isn't a fucking human to begin with and will resist stabbing, and making people mad and all kind of shit.

And this is a really dumb example overall.
>>
>>53238838
Sure, because cthuluh has writings describing how big and cool and strong he is. Mages don't. Theres no section or sidebar anywhere in the book saying that all mages must be this cool to exist.
>>
>>53238855
Pick one line, play one line, Dont crossover, have fun. Theres a game for every theme...
>>
>>53238815
Using divination every single day is like taking a shower every single day.

It's so fucking practical, it's a non issue.
>>
>>53238864
They both kind of have yiff. Forsaken just says that if you chose to yiff then the spirit world can tell your a yiffer and blocks you on social media.
>>
>>53238865
its not a dumb example you fucking tard, IF he turned up in a CoC game and you killed him would you feel awesome, or would you feel that your Gm was a fucking retard who knew nothing about the game?
>>
>>53238818

You're the biggest fucking dumbass. Thanks for ruining a thread because you apparently can't conceive the ease of which mages function.
>>
>>53238902
Are you honestly getting upset that the books describe mages functioning in non optimal ways, a thing literally every human being in existence does?
>>
>>53238880
personally i would divine if i needed to take a shower today..
>>
>>53238922

Sorry, it only takes me a second to use Time 1 to cancel out all of my stupidity for the day.
>>
>>53238170
I'd have to look it up, but there are references to Imbued hunters in the other game lines. Mostly, they're a mystery to the other splats and noone really has any idea what to make of them.
>>
>>53238729
Just walk up to him and deck him in the face

He'll be so focused on forseeing every kind of cosmic menace he'll never expect that
>>
>>53238936
I have literally no idea what you're trying to say but have fun anon.
>>
>>53238170
That would be a shame. The Reckoning was the best game they did
>>
>>53238922
There are idiots everywhere, I think the annoyance here is that you're assuming it's a difficult matter to put up contingencies and foresee impending death n' doom.

Realistically, competent mages are going to crush anything you throw at them.
>>
>>53238855
CofD is made up of:
Chronicles of Darkness, Vampire the Requiem 2e, Werewolf the Forsaken 2e, Mage the Awakening 2e, Promethean the Created 2e, Demon the Descent and Beast the Primordial. There are very few books compatible directly with these, but most of the 1e stuff is roughly compatible.

NWoD is the 1e versions of all of these.(World of Darkness, VtR, MtAw, WtF, Changeling the Lost, Mummy the Curse, Promethean the Created). These have tons more books that are all compatible. 1e stuff requires changes to get into compatibility with 2e.

Nothing OWoD is compatible with CofD.
>>
>>53238873
I thought one of the main advantages of nWoD/CofD was supposed to be that you could mix the splats.

But my question was more like, "Can I use Hunter: The Vigil with the Chronicles of Darkness book instead of the (new) World of Darkness book?"
>>
>>53238943
Too late, the punch triggered my Mage Armor and the fucker died after I liquefied his organs.
>>
>>53238880
Except I'm pretty sure there is a "morality system" for that and you are not supposed to spam spells every time you feel like it and only when you need it consider it necessary, spamming divination because you are paranoid is the worst excuse you can come up with.

>>53238894
Except that it's not the same level of bullshit, a God getting oneshotted by a pure human isn't the same as a group of vampires with a plan to kill a mage who is HUMAN in nature.

Saying "Muh paranoia," or "there are no stupid mages" is so forced and idiotic that I cannot even.
>>
>>53238972
Hell no, the game lines were not designed to be balanced at all. They reference the same things, they have similar systems and afew might play well together but your diluting the themes of whatever games your running by crossing over and its usually not worth the hassle.
>>
>>53238978
> you are not supposed to spam spells every time you feel like it and only when you need it consider it necessary, spamming divination because you are paranoid is the worst excuse you can come up with.

Ummm, what?
>>
>>53238962
I'm not assuming that, and I'm sorry if I implied it. It certainly is easy for a mage to play batman, its just that most don't, because this is the world of darkness and it's full of people who make bad choices and then die.
>Realistically, competent mages are going to crush anything you throw at them.
This is the only thing I maybe disagree with. Saying a mage doing any of that is 'realistic' is kind of nonsensical. We have plenty of examples across the various fictions and write ups of mages who do none of that.
>>
>>53238963
>Nothing OWoD is compatible with CofD.
It seems like no one in these threads is aware of the Translation Guides.
>>
>>53238978
>can't spam spells just because

You have successfully lost all of your credibility regarding this matter. Good show ol' chap.
>>
>>53239011
That doesn't make them default compatible. Also, >>53238972, the 1e stuff requires some mechanical conversion. If you're up for the task do it. If you're not, using the 1e stuff with the God Machine Chronicle update is the easier option. Otherwise, wait the next 10 years for CofD's 2es of Lost and Vigil and other junk to come out.
>>
>>53239007
>its just that most don't

I am going to disagree here. You don't become Adepts by being insufficient.
>>
>>53238996
Huh, well I've frequented these threads in the past as an oWoDfag and have always heard nWoD/CofD people talking about how modular and compatible their rulesets and splats are.
>>
>>53239007

The issue here is that competent players using mechanics as written will curbstomp most anything thrown at them. This is mechanically factual.
>>
>>53239057
None of that has anything to do with crossover play, just an ability for STs to use what they want from different books.
>>
God Tier
>Archmage

Top Tier
>Prep Mage
>Loud Demon
>Fresh Mummy

Middle Tier
>Mage
>Demon
>Sin-Eater
>Mummy
>Werewolf
>Beast
>Changeling

Lower Tier
>Promethean
>Vampire
>Surprised Mage
>Prep Hunter
>Hunter
>>
>>53239040
The books are what they are. You can read any of the chapter fiction in any given mage book, or hell even descriptions of mages in the order books and I think that one watchtower books. None of those describe mages who go out of their way to make sure they can't get jumped, because that sort of character isn't fun to tell stories about. Can they? Absolutely. And if a PC in a mage game wanted to I would let them. But we know objectively that that's not how ALL mages function.
>>53239059
I don't see that as an issue at all. Again if the players want to play batman, why stop them?
>>
Mageposters are really the worst

I'll break it down for you:
Mages are idiots. Every single one of them.
Do you really think an autist with cosmic powera would waste time thinking about everything that is not his specific field of interest?
Would you waste your time thinking about gas prices if you were a fucking billionaire?

Mages are a bunch of asperger baboons who blinded by their own powers can't see simple things in front of them. Sure they can create an equation that makes Time and Space their blowdolls, but why should they do that? why should they play with this basic shit when they have worlds to create and entire universes to study and shape in their own image?

This is the concept that Mageposters refuse to realize (because they're idiots): a Mage can have the power to shape reality, and is never going to even realise a street thug just stabbed them in the kidney
>>
>>53239114
>only dumb mages are feasibly killed

Gotcha
>>
>>53238978
If both seers have gotten this far (gnosis 4, 4 in 2 arcanum) then they are not retards. If they were dumb as shit they would have died before reaching that point or did they just get there without learning anything?

There are 2 seers vs a group of vampires, one of the mages alone is capable of teleporting all of them away easily. Both can heal min of 3 lethal per casting, easily able to heal each other while the other one fucks them up.

It amused the shit out of me playing 1e mage when a ward on the NPC's in one of the adventures had a potency of 6. Due to ritual casting my players managed something like potency 30+ fairly easily so its fair to say that npc's are written as stupid bu people who havent a clear idea of the game..
>>
>>53238144
>Yeah, you can cast this every 5 minutes, perfectly credible.
You wouldn't need to. It doesn't read just five minutes ahead. And you know what, if you were an Acanthus or had a Time Legacy you COULD cast is every five minutes.

>That's just an exaggeration that you all made because it's convenient.
Nope, it's true. Not all Mages are, but a lot of them tend to be. They're humans that have been thrust into a world of shady dealings and monsters, they tend to get paranoid.
>He can be a target just because of things that are out of his knowledge and control, like he talked with a person involved in some shit that the mage don't know (I already know all you fags expecting to go check the complete background of every fucking idiot you talk to) and now is a target of the mafia, or some other weird group.
Doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>53239132
>Would you waste your time thinking about gas prices if you were a fucking billionaire?
Actually not worrying about your day to day spending is a great way to make yourself poor. Also gas prices are an easily invest field, so concerning yourself with them would only be advantageous.
>>
File: leer.png (28KB, 358x304px) Image search: [Google]
leer.png
28KB, 358x304px
>>53239132

>REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53238999
>you are not supposed to spam spells every time you feel like it. Only when you need it/consider it necessary, spamming divination because you are paranoid is the worst excuse you can come up with.

for some reason it didn't write up the /

Are you going to say that Wisdom doesn't exist or what?

>>53239020
Are you going to argument or shall I consider your last phrase banter your argument?

>>53238581
>>53238180
If it's not you then I'm really glad that other people argument for this is attacking other people arguments. Pretty smart.
>>
>>53239132
How is a streetthug going to get round mage armour, my starting mage has armour at least 8 and downgrades all lethal to bashing....that or has defense 16...go fuckyourself if you think a street thug is going to stab a starting mage..
>>
>>53239133
>Could the PC's be the abnormal ones?
>No, it's every published mage ever who are wrong.
>>
>>53239057
They are built with the same ruleset and allow crossover MUCH easier than OWoD. They are not BALANCED against each other, so one splat may be more powerful/effective at a thing another splat may try to do. For example, mages versus everything. But they're mechanically compatible and use the same rules (for example, when a vampire power calls for a roll of Something + Blood Potency, another super rolls their Something + Power Stat, IE Primal Urge for Werewolves for example)
>>
>>53239158
I think its more all the 1e fiction is trash that doesn't actually mesh with the rules system at all and the NPC write ups suffer serverly because of this disconnect. Its one of the major issues with 1e Mage.
>>
File: Obrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>>
Look at all these Mage-hating deniers.

kek
>>
>>53239179
You're so fucking obsessed with appeasing your anti-Mage bias, lol.

It's ok, anon. Let it all out. Mages win at everything. Let it go. Let. It. Goooo.
>>
File: hades-gfd.gif (441KB, 220x132px) Image search: [Google]
hades-gfd.gif
441KB, 220x132px
>>53239228
God, I'd rather have more 5e hate than this Magefaggery again.
>>
>>53239261
5e looks like trash and is led by trash people.
>>
>>53239261
Has anyone heard anything about trinity in the past half year?
>>
>>53239279
I wonder what speshal dice mages get, paradox dice??
>>
>>53239304
>>53239304
>>53239304
>>
>>53239228
It's what happens when idiots don't grasp how mages function.

They don't want to accept the fact that it's so fucking easy for a sufficiently powerful and competent mage to counteract the only advantages other supernaturals have, AKA 'ambushes'
>>
>>53239299
It's in devleopment by OPP. Which means we'll probably see it come 2025, with the glacial pace that they publish/develop anything.
>>
REAL NEW THREAD

>>53239440
>>53239440
>>53239440

foir anon that wants to actual discuss about the game and not magewankery.
>>
>>53239467
Im going to shit up that thread too.
>>
>>53239467

>buttfucking mad
>>
>>53239132
>why should they play with this basic shit when they have worlds to create and entire universes to study and shape in their own image?
>what are archmages
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.